US Government's NSF

701 Fifth Avenue, Suite 5400
Seattle, Washington 98104, CAN
Tel: +1.6046922542
systems@pof.com

People interested in POF are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

michaelp114

The problem is you have like 7 men to every 1 women. (in 78 reviews)

rons54

Funny how people complain about "customer service" on POF. (in 17 reviews)

paigen

I made it clear in my profile I was not looking for a hook up or one night stands and what I was looking for. (in 114 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

rogerm61
8/31/15

Don't bother with it I lost just 3 months subscription. This is the worst web site I have ever been on

davidw257
8/31/15

I would have to say the site its self is not so bad, it is easy to use and stuff, but the real problem is in with the people that have joined the site..... I know with what I am about to say you will probably roll your eyes and say who doesn't do that but everyone on there just lies about them self an example is they will say they are super friendly and down to earth..... I know I have messaged quite a few people and I have the upgraded membership so I can see this, people just delete your messages without even reading them.... whats the point in that? how do you get to know someone if they or you never bother to read it?! I would have to say this site is totally toxic and if you want to feel bad for yourself feel free to join up and be disappointed like I am. I know I wont renew my membership when it expires.

joeb163
8/31/15

This website is nothing more than a tool for CRIMINALS to scam victims $. I have filed an FBI complaint against this site.

kimberlyg26
8/29/15

Been on and off this site for a few years. I've concluded that the majority of the men I met and dated had mental problems. They aren't who they said they were. Seems like these days ppl are looking for hookups and want to play head games. Im an adult. I have no time for men children.

mayt15
8/26/15

I'm not sure why are you all so disappointed and toxic. You get what you seek. When making your profile, you need to define your core values. You need to be able to express yourself. Also, when it comes to choosing a life partner you can't be clueless about what you really want and need. You shouldn't post explicit photos of yourself and expect to be treated respectfully (unfortunately, that's how life is), or try to get match with the people who are not compatible to you or your lifestyle.

The best thing you can do is to be yourself. Only then you have a chance to find a true mach... and love...

Just my two cents... :)

cindiew
8/25/15

I realize it is not ALL men...but what DECENT guy would want to sleep with a female without really knowing anything about her...especially her health history? If a man (or woman) has no concern about their own health, what makes you think they would care about yours? I don't "hookup", and don't want to be involved with anyone who does....and you find those types of men (and the ones with criminal records), aplenty on this site.

romeros
8/25/15

Why are there so many low life females, particularly Black Women that live in slums pretending to be someone they are not? These mentally challenged, child-like 'females' are looking for movie star salaries from gentlemen in real life that they'd never even have the 'bra' to speak to.

Well here goes. I held a conversation with one female in my same age group. After some really good chat conversation online for about 2 weeks, we decided to exchange numbers and talk. After the 3rd conversation, she told me about having a rough day and it was all due to some white guy she chatted with online who wanted sex. The man and her actually had exchanged numbers, but now she was threatening to get her brothers and her son to kill the man! I had to excuse myself from the conversation, because I was driving and had my cousin with me and he heard it all. He was genuinely concerned about my safety. I excused it down the road as her having a bad day after being disrespected.

Well, we finally hooked up for a movie and a dinner. My treat. Now I will be honest and admit, I lied to her about my vehicle. I did this because I did not want to reveal my high end vehicle and go through the common chatter I have experienced in the past with other POF Black Females, calling themselves "sizing me up." I reside in Arlington, VA and she resides in Baltimore and I had do issue driving up. I honestly thought that going outside of the Washington DC Air Heads would be a far cry better. Plus, the female and I both originated from Queens NY. We had some really good conversations about growing up in NYC. I AM ONLY only interested in ALL Natural women, period. All the fake-up, tattoo's, weaves, wigs, and rainbow hair colors are just not for me. I also have a preference against scantily clad women in public. I was raised up with specific morals and expectations of what a good woman is, and I do not stray from my preferences. I do not club, drug, or drink. All these things we shared in common right down to diet and smoothies each morning.

So, I am on my way to the residence and I had used Google Earth to visualize where I was going. Coming from NYC, she could have at least warned me about the neighborhood I was driving into. Upon exiting the highway ramp to the main avenue, there are police lights and ambulance lights because 2 people have been shot. It's not a police crime scene so I had to detour back to the highway, go up one exit and let my navigation direct me to the residence. I could still see the lights as I turned into her housing complex. I pulled into a visitor parking space instead of where she suggested and removed my side arm from my waist holster. Now I am thinking about my cousin and his advice to leave that chick alone. I called her and let her know I was out front. When I saw what resembled her photo, I waved her to my vehicle. She wanted to know why I didn't tell her the type of vehicle I owned, as if I was trying to be sneaky. I honestly told her, I was looking out for my own; but why didn't you let me know about the type neighborhood I'd be driving into? She said, it's not that bad on her block even though she just heard about the shooting on the avenue. Yeah, I saw it too and had to detour up an exit because I didn't want to be lost on the side streets.

Of course, she had posted old pictures of a younger self, but kept touching my face saying how I looked totally different in person and how handsome I am. She was all natural, but definitely not dressed in any civil manner for a first date/meet & greet. The restaurant we'd decided was a little drive, so we got to talk and enjoy my music selections and the FEMALE got hot!! She exclaimed how my 'music' is making her want to give me some. Whoa! She said her son had some really good Kush and she had a little before I came. I'm not an advocate against marijuana, based on my personal views, but some things are best kept to yourself! So we ate, and i will admit, I was totally into the conversation. Aside her little mini-skirt dress she claimed she wore for me so i can see 'dah' legs, I did find her attractive and at the least genuine in her views. However, at the theater, once seated and the lights went down, she wanted to cuddle up because her legs were now cold. I was fine with that and she was a small petite woman as well. So I have her all wrapped up and warm. I'll admit, it definitely felt good, but I'll never understand how she knew I was aroused. Her hand went right down there and she looked at me and smiled. I was so busted and embarrassed at the same time. She said, I knew you was feeling me when your body got me so warm. All I could say was, true.

Now it's time to drive her home, so I'm cool now. I had to change up my oldies but goodies movie selection to try and stop her from messing in my private part while I'm driving on the highway. Once we arrived at her residence, we sat and chatted for a few and she let me know how she totally enjoyed the first date, THE last is all I'm saying in my head. Then she reminded me about her headboard on her bed and how I (Mr Big Mouth Gentleman) had said, if I make her way, I'd fix it for her. So I had to go into her residence, although I was making excuses NOT to go in before she mentioned the headboard and my promise. So in the idiot (me) goes. Well........ her Brother and her Son both live in the living room of her 2 bedrm apt. and these losers are laid out sleeping, snoring, and stinking up the place. Her 12yr old daughter is sleep in her bedroom. I asked to use the restroom, and let me say, that sealed the deal! Lights on and roaches scattered! I took some toilet paper to lift the seat so I could relieve myself, because the men there obviously urinate on the seat. NASTY!! You have never seen a man fix a head board faster than me. I did not want tea, coffee, gold, diamonds, or to sit on her bed, I just wanted to get in my car and go!

I hugged her goodbye and she planted a kiss on my lips!???? WTH!! At least she didn't try to stick her tongue anywhere! I got in my car and I never answered another call from that woman. Eventually the voice messages became hostile and I became all types of Uncle Toms, Sellout Black Man, and Homosexual that thinks I'm better than most blacks. I closed my POF page along with my telephone number. So thank you POF. I will not even begin to mention my crazy stories with the DC Metro 'females.'

Signed, A Black man

Tip for consumers: Honestly, it is not the site, it's the people on the site and what is turning their brains to mush these days. Both male and female. I feel that POF does have a wonderful platform, but again, it's the people. What I would do on the free to use side of the website, is remove all free profiles after 90 days due to inactivity or for not upgrading since you're still looking and need my site as a catalyst.

robertb214
8/24/15

I have had one response &it seems nobody has read my profile on both sides. They don't pay attention to my preferences and get bad mix of age,locale&ethnicity. Also unauthorised credit card withdrawals with no notifications.Are these women real then why the "canned" responses.I am totally disgusted and buyer beware!

stevef57
8/21/15

yeah this site is actually not ran on a bad hosting but it makes you wonder. I look at profiles and wonder sometimes if it is a real one or not. Very simply be honest. I have a better chance of being with a guy than a girl. Weird isn't it.

mm141
8/21/15

Tell the truth, post a recent flattering picture and women who have things in common with you will respond. The negativity on many of these posts is from men (and women) who simply are not ready to meet their counterparts on POF. Don't expect replies to inadequate profiles or expect others to buy a pig in a poke (no picture.) Human nature is what it is and society has trained us over the past 30 years that it is important to reel in someone who is attractive. If you don't write in an appealing way and post an appealing picture, guess what, you're not going to get replies from prince charming or princess Leah

marieb54
8/20/15

met the man of my dreams my first date

Tip for consumers: use tasteful photos. not of your body and smile

claires35
8/17/15

There are two types of men here. Men who have personality disorders or guys who are waiting for Miss America to contact them. They dont have the courtesy to respond but just ignore messages. Oh wait there is a third category- men who pretend to want to meet but disappear as soon as you ask to get together. I did meet one guy who proceeded to tell me on the first date the rules of our new life together and what type of sex we would be having. I won't mention that he was going to instruct me on proper bowel movements during dinner. You can't make this stuff up!

jenniferm129
8/17/15

Have met a few guys on here. Met three in public. One was a good woman user. Slept with anything that moved. Second one was a woman user also. Had an arrest record longer than the Mississippi River. Third one was married supposedly getting a divorce. Wanting to have sex. But, never had time to call or text me. Lies and more lies. Users and verbal abuser. I'm not sure how this dating site allows people like they have on that site. Meet your mate in church or mutual friends.

chrisw86
8/15/15

With POF, you really are scraping the bottom of the barrel. This site is, by a large margin, the absolute worst dating site. The girls on this site (yeah, I call them girls because to call them women is absolute ludicrous...they're simply immature little girls.) are very picky and judgmental, not to mention uneducated, yet they expect us as men to simply accept them for who they are. They all have these insane expectations and basically a grocery list of traits that they require in their ideal match. Like any other dating site though, they mainly are on there for egotistical purposes, especially the really "attractive" ones...I put attractive in quotes because they cake themselves in tons of makeup before proceeding to have a little selfie session. Anyway, most of 'em don't even take the time to read your "About Me" summary. They just skim through your photos & if they like what they see, they'll shoot you a "Hey" vibe, if not, it's simply an 'On to the Next One' thing for 'em. I've had plenty of women hit on me here in real life, but on POF, I must be Frankenstein's monster or something in the eyes of that lot. The real honest and genuine men (who they're all supposedly looking for) are the ones who are always given the cold shoulder. So coming straight from the heart, if you're a guy, don't sign up unless you have Channing Tatum looks along with a Warren Buffett bank account. As for me, I'm signing off of online dating permanently.

Happy Fishing

Tip for consumers: Stick to socializing and dating in the real world. If you're truly looking for real love, go to a library or a community center instead of the bars & clubs all the time...hell, go back to school and take some classes if you're not currently in school. But online dating overall is NOT the answer. Always remember, when you LEAST expect it, love will find you.

bens101
8/14/15

This site is the worst there is, the worst there was and the worst there ever will be. The women on this site are double dippers have both FSF and FSM profiles. Their are women on this site who are Bisexual and are looking for someone to sleep with either them or their man regardess of gender. Sharing is not caring in my book!!! If you have to add a third party to your relationship to fix things hell just break up now. You got women on this site with kids who want a compnion because "Baby Daddy" ran off and doesn't pay the bills so they look for you to graciously pick up the tab. There are naked picture shares on this site that just randomly send you a picture of their naked anatomy. You have women on this site who are Bipolar, Borderline Personality Disorder, Anxiety Disorders and mental health issues that havent yet been named. The women are either married or seperated and lie about being single. Most of the women on this site want to push you into a relationship after talking just once on the phone. They "need" you ( finacially) they dont want you. So if your looking to be needed and not wanted this is the site for you.

jenniferc115
8/13/15

I joined this site in late 2011. Met a guy online February of 2012. He didn't waste any time at all telling me that I was the woman of his dreams, that his felony conviction would be cleared someday... that he'd win a HUGE settlement from his 10-year law suit.. he told me that he loved me way before he ever met me! Now today I'm having to work to provide for us both because he can't get a decent job with his background. He owes me over $11k in bills I've paid for housing, a car, utilities, insurance, etc. He knows I'm not happy. I hate being his sugar mama! I will never try this site ever again! Men are on here looking for support!!! I wanted a good Christian guy, not a free loader!!! BEWARE THIS DATING SITE!!!

jamesr135
8/11/15

why is my basic an advance search restricted too 38-66 yr women?. also have e-mail 6 times in one for pof to fix problem, no response?I am a upgrade member paid $45.00 for 3 months

mk63
8/11/15

POF is a poorly designed website that is interested in having you pay more, but get less. The various upgrades don't give you anything that is useful. For example, I would like to eliminate the men I have reviewed and am not interested in. But even if you eliminate them in one area of the site, they still appear in other areas. So you are continually confronted with people you simply don't want to see--and are repeatedly asked, in the meetme section, "do you want to meet him"? And have to again eliminate that person. And next day, there he is again in the meetme section: "do you want to meet him"?

As well, POF does falsely bill. I have had that happen to me. When I told them to correct their error they said it would take up to 10 days to do so (it took 2 seconds to make the billing). To date, 14 days after the error was made, POF has yet to respond to repeated email demands to refund my money. Now I will have to call VISA and get the charge reversed.

I have 60 days of an upgraded membership, but I would not say that I have seen anyone new after the first several days. Upgrading did nothing for me.

luckyd2
8/9/15

This site is full of delusional women who think they're such a gift to men. Most of these women are damaged goods, and then they expect a man to really settle down with a borderline mental case. I've talked to several women with delusions of grandeur, and from my experiences where I always end contact it seems to be the best thing as I've probably avoided a world of trouble.

kevinl70
8/9/15

this site is totally scam. It charges your credit card without any authorization. Make sure steer away from this guys!!

stephenk45
8/8/15

I know I'm not all that but I know I am a fair looking guy if not a little above that I have been divorced for 2 years and was ready to date I have heard POS several times and seen commercials on television advertisement so I joined and set a profile , and I've had several women friends that are married check my profile out they said it is great yes I've only had one chat so I came to a conclusion less you upgrade which they say you get the same success without the upgrade that's a joke I believe the site is a rip off and the women are just looking for rich men and men are just looking for young women unless you put up fancy cars nice house on your profile you will not get a hit and I hid all my assets from any of my profile pictures I am now on a different dating site and it's gotten lots of flirts and chats I would not suggest POF to anybody don't waste your time. Phoenix 1971

timw47
8/8/15

I created a profile on POF one week ago after it was recommended by a friend. Today I opened the app and was surprised to see that I needed to login. I was even more surprised to find that I was unable to login because I was told that my email address wasn't "real" I tried the helps but I have to login to to get help! This has been a circle of frustration! The site is closed to me and with no way of addressing the problem I can either create an entirely new profile or delete the site altogether. I deleted the app! Too much trouble!

briana78
8/6/15

The "user experience" and interface design of POF is terrible and hasn't been updated in YEARS. This makes it unpleasant to "discover" and review new profiles. As a result, POF appears to attract less sophisticated users. Their design approach has created a set of users that I - as a creative and educated person - find unappealing. (I sound like an axxhole but - you know - when your looking for a life partner...)

POF design is turning off the very personality types that I am seek for a partner.

I implored them to hire a user experience designer and try to compete with the other sites frequent upgrades in service and experience, attract a more sophisticated set and (if I'm unlucky) I'll check back in a year and see if anything has changed.

tomb148
8/4/15

VERY AVERAGE LOOKING WOMEN LOOKING FOR MEN WITH HOLLYWOOD LOOKS, VENICE BEACH BODIES, AND BILL GATES MONEY!

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

Tip for consumers: DON'T JOIN!

melaniek8
8/3/15

If you want a "decent" or good quality man or woman you are better off meeting them in person or having known them in person over time. I have met two men off of this site who have blatantly lied about their personal lives, both were ex-cons and for very serious crimes and were literally homeless, no cars no employment.... One of these men had almost cost me my life because of his actions, and I am still paying for it today. The other three men that I have contacted off of that site had extreme "women" issues, or trust issues involving women. Just very guarded, jaded, and cynical as if to keep their reason for commitment issues justified. No thanks.

My point is, POF attracts very low caliber and quality type of people, which makes it much more difficult for people that are actually serious and genuine about finding a lasting relationship online that much more difficult. Women be very careful with these types of men on here, because many of them are looking to take advantage if possible. Just to reinstate meet in public places, tell people where you are going to be, and don't "hang out" or "chill" at someone's house that you just met. I know it might seem like common sense, but I've even witnessed some of my female friends fail to do these simple things and run into very close calls because of it.

It's not necessarily the site that's negative, again it's the people that make it negative. But this site has been nothing but trouble for me and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who is looking for something serious or long term.

uinsino
8/3/15

I commented on a Biblegatway advert and I'm responded to by 'Jibberish' from Jabber.

pauls202
8/2/15

if your not an honest guy, troll them they deserve no better. unread, but you've changed your profile pic, you obviously have the hide profile and have looked and weren't happy, fair one delete the message then. unread deleted ouch, but ok, so your still on weeks later, searching for the impossible. read and no responce get use to this one!

i'm very laid back, i have lots of patience, but this site even pissed me off

you read the profiles and its contradicting, longest relationships lasting a year? hmmmm ok, bin in a relationship for 8yr and your 22 hmmmmm? dont take drugs well iv spoke to ya and you do hmmmmm? they say dont like the same message when you have nothing written in your profile and you've sent 100s of messages to others, what else is there to put, it gets frustrating spending time and effort for whats going to be read deleted.

dont waste your time on this site it just pisses you off and makes you lose your soul and time

jr125
7/31/15

These women have all been in previous relationships that went bad. It's easy to tell right from the start. They complain in their profiles, leave a conversation and come back a few days later. These females don't deserve a man. Who wants to be treated like garbage. Delete your account, and let them be miserable by themselves.

tammys37
7/29/15

LADIES BEWARE OF USER -mailman757 he is 32 black guy con,he wants to take you out for dinner then home to his place for sex, curse you out and call you names if you refused.He lives in newberry sc,doesn't care for son he has with a woman. Site is filled with these types I'm off there now meet my soul mate at school.Try a better way pof garbage, most want sex sex..not looking for more then that seems. sad!!!

jazzyj
7/28/15

He is a fraud and will catfish you. I know several women he has done this to. Be very careful. On another note, POF is the worst dating site ever. It attracts a poor quality of men.

brittq
7/27/15

the crappiest dating site out there unless you're looking for catfish ,trolls , psychopaths or someone who is about to get out of jail in 5 months
and it doesn't get any better when you subscribe so you might as well delete your profile all together or dont make one with this site at all

bellak2
7/26/15

I was on the site for 24 hours before I canceled. Before that, I gave 3 guys my private email address. Dated one briefly, interesting and fun guy but not for me. One of the other men was a perfect match for me and we are very happy!!!

whatt1
7/25/15

I was trying to hide my profile and could not. So I contacted pof only to find that they had blocked my profile themselves and listed about 5 reasons but could not be specific...hummm. So the only logical one was that I had been BLOCKED by several fat women who listed themselves as "AVERAGE" body type. I would meet em for a "date" of sorts and the fact that I was offended by their deception was offensive..(todays Libtard mentality run amuck. Even the liars are victim's of the truth, can you say RIOT). I also had one mental case that suddenly thought I was some sort of cia operational agent who was tracking her down and this was after a date...bbq joint.. She blocked me, changed her pics...but would still "look at" my profile from time to time and if I called her on that she immediately blocked me again. So...there it is in a nutshell... Its ok by pof for women to lie and be bat$#*! crazy ...but Man...don't you get blocked too many times or pof will ban you men!!

annb54
7/22/15

I am a 54 year old female.I've been on and off this site for a few years. Here is a list of what is on this site 1. Men that do not have current pics up.2. Older than what they posted.3. Shorter than what they posted. 4.Men who can not structure a sentence. I think they should repeat second grade up. 5. Lots of bad or missing teeth. 6. Men who STILL live at home with their parents. The standard reason for this is that they are taking care of them. Yea! More like they are broke and lazy and parents enable this. 7. Men who do not have a license and or car. 8. Men who do not have a job. 9. Men who constantly talk about themselves and or their ex. 10. Men who whip out their phone and take calls, texts and or start to bore me with pictures of their kids, grand kids and other boring images that I am so not interested in. For crying out loud this is our first meet. 11. Of course the men who just want to have a ping pong e mail relationship and have no intention of ever meeting. And 12. Men who just want SEX. Please go to a sex site or get a pro!!! I know other sites have the same quality of men too but why pay to be lied to. That's the conclusion with ALL sites. It is so easy to lie. Just keep your radar up and don't take this stuff seriously.

saml70
7/21/15

I've been on POF a year and have yet to get a response to any messages sent. Either the women are very picky or they don't exist.

pattyd10
7/20/15

I joined yesterday, I'm a genuine subscriber. I paid £30+ and today I had to cancel because I found out the site auto-sends messages from me to their members. It resulted in a number of embarrassing emails saying thank you for contacting me...from people I'm not interested in, people not appropriate to my filters.
Bad website. Customer service was unhelpful. They can only either keep my profile up or take it down. Nothing in-between, no help.
So the point of the exercise is for them to take money, nothing else. If you've got it to give away, there are better places to give.
-disgruntled ex-customer

carolynh28
7/18/15

mclbody001 / mclbody or also known as George Cascone is a pathological liar and a cheat!! I've just found out that he is on POF looking for sex. His profile says that he is not using drugs and that is not true! He gets high and he is abusive. He's a player and the biggest liar that I have ever met. He's been with me for 3 years and I just found out that he is sleeping with other women from POF. Scared to death that he's not disease free... I'm headed to get tested ASAP. He always told me how busy he was and it was all a cover for the other women in his life! Definitely a first class member in the "dirty $#*! club"!!! Vandergrift, Cheswick, Pittsburgh, Cranberry

Tip for consumers: The Ashley Madison list has been released and guess who's on it??? None other than George Cascone using his infamous email address mclbody@yahoo.com. I'm not at all surprised since he is a habitual cheater! It makes me sick to my stomach to think that I had anything to do with this man.

michaelt93
7/16/15

Tremendous number of fake profiles. Site tries to create connections that don't really exist. They send alerts claiming that a member has said they want to meet you, but that member has no idea and has never said that. Their "matches" and "ultra matches" are similar farces. This is a giant scam.

scottw58
7/12/15

From a mans point of view I will be fair and set my disappointment to one side.pof is no better than real life for enhancing your chances to find a companion,however ,if you take it seriously and do a sensible profile and upload honest pictures then it's not for the want of trying is it ? It's very easy to become addicted to pof,rushing home from work to check messages,staying up later than usual chatting,it can be a real distraction if you are not disciplined.I had three dates,sex once and two coffees that never went any further.there are a lot of people who don't take the site seriously and will mess you around,the art is to not be too needy or come across as lonely as you will be ignored,the women seem quite a fickle bunch,only interested in money,looks,how far you will go to crawl to them and basically what they can get away with! My general impression is that I cannot come into contact with any woman in every day life without being suspicious and aware they are pretty evil things really,I don't genuinely think any of them genuinely want a relationship that might call on them to do some giving as well! Totally selfish individuals,rude and the best actresses ever put upon the planet earth,the ones who have the nice house etc are just prostitutes who probably still live off the ex old man they parted with in the first place......why don't blokes just stop the maintenance? Because you wouldn't want the kids to go hungry now would you? In short the women are filth who should be avoided,get a dog for loyalty and visit prostitutes .......all covered....job done!

playersb
7/9/15

Ladies beware of a user named Mguitar86. Not only this user but several others are scammers looking for a booty call and lying about their marital status and age. The guys on the site claim to be looking for a serious relationship but after one date, expect to get into your pants. The site allows you to send messages for free and this is a gateway for horny losers to send messages telling you they want to get to know you and take you out on a date when in reality, all they want is a roll in the hey. Most guys will send the same message, "hello beautiful, can I take you out?" What a crock. If your looking to build a real relationship with someone honest and true, this is not the site. Pay money for eHarmony or true match

sk269
7/7/15

I have tried umpteen times to create a user name to register, even gibberish names and it says the user name is taken. There is no way to contact them either if you are not registered. Unbelievable!

badeks
7/6/15

I had been on it for a while. I think the Meet Me page just generates random profiles. Not worth upgrading. Some profiles are too far away, but show up in My City. I did get my upgrade refunded when I had my profile deleted for putting up nude pics.

sama527
7/6/15

Hundreds of 60 plus year old women, who claim to be 45 and 46 year old, then you have the true 40 plus year old mothers who were ditched by their hobbies and now they think they Diva's and need to be pampered, wine and dined... lol. You also get some Mentally challenged ladies who love to spend most of their time writing Essays about themselves and read the men's section all day... It's a joke.

johnnyi
7/5/15

This site is the worst free dating site ever.You will not find what you are looking for here.I have had the worst experience with women on this site.Not just one woman but a couple so far.And the women i have met were the worst.In fact alot of women complain about men being player's.This site is full of women player's.Stay away If your looking for love a grocery store is a better place find it,over this site.

sophiec11
7/5/15

Where do I start? This is going to be a long review so please don't waste your time reading it if you havn't got more than 5 minutes. Met four lads off the site & one off Tinder. I know this isn't about Tinder but I'm going to speak of all my online dating experiences.

I decided to join after splitting with my absolute gent of a boyfriend, things just fizzled out but he is a wonderful person & we are best friends since the break up so I do have faith in the male sex! I'm a 26 year old female & maybe I'm too normal, I don't play mind games, I'm generous, there's literally nothing complicated about me.

Here are my experiences.

Subject 1 - POF 2014

Met this 35 year old for the first time in a shopping centre, he wasn't as good looking as his photo depicted on the site but none the less there was a slight attraction there. We walked around aimlessly like a pair of idiots until I eventually suggested we could get a tea or coffee. He replies "I don't drink tea or coffee." That's grand except it's hard to talk when you're just walking around! After about 20 mins I just said I'd get a cup of tea if he didn't mind just so we could sit somewhere. I queued up & he hovered in the background & just as I'm about to purchase my tea he calls "Actually I'll have a bottle of water." Grand, so we sat down and chatted. I noticed he had a tooth missing on one side & a slight bit of rotting, it's lousy & judgemental I know but dental care is so affordable these days with pay monthly options & I actually have braces myself there's really no excuse. That may sound cruel but it's how it was. Chatted for a while, got on well enough, he walked me to my car, got in for a while, shifted which was surprisingly nice at the time but my God now it makes me feel sick. Actually gagging abit now. Then we both parted.
Next date, not sure how long after but we were texting regularly. Went to the cinema, we met half way for this so it was convenient for the two of us. Got in the queue & he stands back when we get to the counter. I order us two tickets then ask did he want anything to eat or drink, he didn't seem pushed so I said that I was getting some then he decided to get popcorn & a drink. No attempt to even go halves with me. Oh I actually forgot, we met at around 4:30pm & when we got there we realised the the film wasn't on until around 6pm. Instead of actually doing something to pass the time we sat in his car (no heating on) & basically just shifted. Anyway we're in the cinema & I made sure to sit on the side where his teeth were grand so I fancied him. I sound ridiculous. Film was good, had another shift, headed home. $#*!ed to my sis for ages about him being kind of tight, she said not to bother with him again. Ha.
Third date, he drove down my way, had jiggy jiggy, made sure to always lay on the side with the good teeth. Went for a Chinese take away, thinking surely he'll cover this, it was barely over a tener for our orders. I'm at the counter, ooh I feel his presence as the cashier gives us the price of the bill, I have my purse in hand about to pay... he elbows me slightly, suggesting "Wait there my lady, I have this covered.." He didn't say this but the nudge thing meant this of course. He slides over a fiver with his index finger from his side of the counter to mine. Oh the insult. "It's grand" I said "I'll get it.." "No" he says, "I insist.." WHAT THE ACTUAL $#*!!!
We get home, I eat my food away from him and like a slob because let's face it, I'm not trying to impress anyone any more. More jiggy jiggy probably because I'm a bit of a bloke when it comes to that, I really bloody enjoy it but it doesn't mean all that much to me at the same time. Oh yeah I think he had possibly started farting at this point, Jesus they were loud but they didn't stink otherwise I think that'd be the final straw.
I think this is "date number 4" it's all a bit jumbled. Yeah I'm an idiot. I drove over his way. We arranged to meet at around 2, spend the day together & go for dinner. I'm thinking I am finally going to get something covered by this fella, it's worth staunching out for. Get to his, jiggy jiggy, it took me over 2 hours to get to his due to my shocking inability to take the right turn off even though my good friend Sat Nav told me to. Anyway yeah, I hadn't eaten due to rushing around making myself look amazing (ha) then I'm thinking sure we're getting dinner so it's nice to be hungry for it. Well back to what happened, like I said, jiggy jiggy because we shifted when I got to his which leads to that. We fall asleep for a bit, jiggy again. Hours passed, I'm parched so asked for a drink, prob jig again, can't remember. It's nearly 8pm at this stage, I've been there for like 5+ hours. No sign of us heading out for dinner. Then he eventually goes "Well, things didn't really turn out the way we planned!" Making a joke of it, & I laugh and go something like yeah! But still thinking it's only bloody 8 o'clock, you can still purchase food at this time. Silence. Then I just said I've to go. Oh my God I had some shakes going home from starvation, mopped a sandwich on the way home from a garage, was actually shaking. $#*!ed to my sister about it again, she asked why do I bother because I always get home pissed off but also find it hilarious!
I think the next time (the next time, $#*! I am actually retarded) was when I was on a few hours break from work & I asked had he had tea yet. He said no so we planned to get something on my break. We walk around the shops for a bit when I ask him what does he fancy. Oh suddenly he's miraculously full! What the hell. I just realised how food obsessed I am ha ha! So we walk around for a bit, my eyes are so bloody wide & what the $#*!y as we walk around. We get to the food court & he asks me what am I getting thinking "oh, he must be hungry now" I queue up & order.. He is no where to be seen.. Get my order which I had ordered to sit in but luckily they gave it to me as a take away accidentally. As I receive it he's miraculously back. "Are you not getting anything?" I ask. "No I'm fine." Well sweet Lord Devine just $#*!ing shoot me. I held myself for 5 minutes before saying that I wanted to head back to work earlier to get a shower. Got back to my car, shifted but I didn't enjoy it. He sensed I was pissed off about something but I just said I was tired because I am such a $#*!ing nice person. Get to work, mop my food because I was steeeeeeeeerving!!
It was at this point I lost all interest, I forgot to reply, I was talking to other people, I was busy, life was in the way. I lost all respect etc.
He copped my sudden lack of interest & eventually just asked straight out what happened. I said nothing, he kept at me so I eventually blurted the whole thing out about how stingy he was. His responses didn't even make sense. I think he did come to mine again & he covered both of our Chinese take away, finally. He messaged me regularly but I'd forget to reply, you know yourself when you're literally just not interested. A couple of months pass & it's around Christmas time. I find a card addressed to me on the hallway floor, with a stamp and everything! It was from him! A letter of apology, 2 little gifts & a groupon voucher for a massage. Not bad. Now I never used the voucher due to it being for a place that I wouldn't be for recreational purposes. I did think it was sweet at the time but as time passed it was kind of like a tight gift as well but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because I'm not a material person. I got him a few gifts too & I made him dinner at one of the stages, shepherds pie or something along the lines of that. After our dinner there was a small baking dish left over, just enough do feed an adult. I asked him did he want to bring it home and he accepted which was great. The next day we were messaging & he said how he & his son (who's around 12 I think) had it for tea, he said his son wished there was more. You'd think he's have even put on a few chips there's no way it would've filled two people. If he's poor that's one thing but he had no problem scabbing off me. That last bit was funnier before but as I wrote it I kind of felt bad. Anyway think I called him down for a ride in January some time then I just lost all interest. He still snapchats the odd time, I might reply, I might not. His face kinda makes my feel sick. Never got my baking dish back either ha ha! Now onto the next one.

Subject 2 - TINDER 2015

Mutually matched (both swiped "yes" on each other for those not familiar.) Oh how a single swipe of the finger can change ones life forever. That's a tad bit dramatic. He was nearly 40 I think. Anyway we exchange numbers on it, getting on grand, his spelling wasn't the most amazing but I don't judge people on that too much as I know people who suffer from dyslexia & it's not their fault. Got on well, arranged to meet at a pub close to my work place after I finished my shift (he lived near where I work.) Got near the pub where he was standing & he hopped into the car showing me where to park. Got out & he headed to the bar & got us a drink. I wasn't drinking alcohol as I was driving home. We sat down in a little booth, him opposite me, we talked, well he talked most of the time in this annoying Dublin accent about how he was in Chicago bla bla & how he went either with a girl or met a girl over there who ended up ditching him over there. I thought that was mean at the time but now I know why! Still thought he was kinda cute, a bit too thin for my liking but I found him attractive. I get us a round of drinks, he's still waffling away & I'm more smiling & nodding. This man could talk. Then suddenly he goes all dramatic up to the bar man & tells him how he just saw a bunch of teens legging it away from somewhere outside. Probably up to no good but it literally had nothing to do with anything, I'd say the bar man was like what the $#*!?! He also said he played in a band which always sounds so cool but I've heard that SO many times it doesn't impress me in the slightest. After him after having about 4 large Bulmers he's having a great time, I'm getting kind of bored due to being sober & having the ears talked off me. Next thing he comes over to my side of the booth & goes "I just have to kiss ya" in which I went along with but as he pulled away his head was all annoying & shaky. We shifted some more then went to another bar that I had NO interest on going to. He ended up talking the ears off me again, then some locals he knew came over & you could see by them that my date was a bit of a spa, they kind of took the piss out of him without him even realising. Oh he plays the harmonica & bongo, will get back to that. It was gone 12am so I had to just explain that I have a 50 minute drive home & then work again in the morning so he eventually finishes his drink & walks me part of the way to my car. We shift (my hands were getting busy & could feel that he was thinner than I'd usually go for) then I head back to mine. Oh and he kept saying his eyes were blue, has nothing to do with anything but they were bloody green.
I think we were chatting most days, actually yes we did he would message me through every means of doing so. Facebook messenger, Viber, WhatsApp, text you name it. I probably should have backed off at that point but you know yourself.
This fella over the course of us chatting said he owned this sports car, he showed me a video, I thought it was cool but it didn't impress me, not too mad in to cars. This part will make sense as the story unfolds.
I was coming from Dublin back down to my home one afternoon, I was at a friend's house the previous night & asked did he fancy coming down for the day & get the bus back. He accepted, all good. We get all frisky on the couch & head upstairs, I am not just saying this to be mean but the sex was completely mediocre, he sweated so much my hands kept slipping off of his back, it was quite nasty. He also never smelt of anything, as though he hadn't had a fresh shower or sprayed on a bit of aftershave which was a bit strange. Actually the previous fella was a bit on the BO side as well now I think of it. Not sure what that's about. I said I was cooking us dinner so I head downstairs & put it on, when it was pretty much ready I called him. He said he was coming down. 20 minutes later he hasn't come down so I go up to him & say its getting cold, he comes down barely even picks at it because he's a skinny little $#*! then we drink cans & watch TV. Oh I mentioned I had some weed upstairs from ages ago when I went to a festival, we must've been talking about smoking at one stage. He asked could he have some so I went & got it & he rolled it up etc & smokes the whole lot, never even got offered any of my own drugs haha!! Probably went to bed after, the next morning I got down & put us on some toast & cereal that he likes & a cup of coffee. I bring it up in a tray & he goes "think I'll keep you" which is so flattering but so cringe as I was already going off him, he just waffled so much. We bummed in bed for a while, he wanted to stream a film in my room so you're talking 2 more hours being confined to a room. This would be ideal if it was with someone ili actually wanted to spend time with. I asked him did he want to do something, we couldn't think of anything so I got my mate to text me to say her Mum was in hospital so I could leave. It wasn't a lie but she's been there for a while so I dropped him to the bus station and he left. Freedom.
Now he doesn't seem too bad but it was his constant messaging that was beginning to wear me down & he was always liking and sharing $#*! on Facebook, your talking 50 things a day, no exaggeration. I gave myself a few days to think about things then I was like $#*! it we'll meet up again. He was going to drive but suddenly him & his Dad share it so he couldn't bring it. This "sports car" was never seen or mentioned again, probably just borrowed it for 5 mins & got someone to record it! It didn't matter, the bus goes down near mine so say the bus he got was due to stop near my estate at 3, I drove to the bus stop just so he wouldn't get lost actually walking to my place, it wasn't far but I wasn't sure if he'd remember. So I see the bus he's on pull up & no one gets off. That's strange I'm thinking because he knew to stop there. So I'm following the bus into town for it's next stop like a spa. He gets off & goes to cross the road, I'm waving like crazy at him, he doesn't see me then I beep the horn & then he acknowledges me. He opens the passenger door & I ask him did he not think I'd be waiting for him, then he said that he was going to go into a pub for a bit to charge his phone to message me. I'm thinking well if you didn't like & share the bejesus out of your phone battery like a normal person then your phone wouldn't be flat! We go back to mine for a bit, prob shift etc then we were both hungry so instead of cooking we decided to get a chippers. He orders his then I order mine, we get to the till & the cashier asks were we paying together or separate. Simple question. Your man doesn't reply even though he's first at the counter so I just said "separate" to save the awkward silence. It was a bit annoying seeing as I cooked & bought us drinks the first time, thought he'd at least cover my wrap & chips, hardly breaking the bank!
He went home the next day & that's the last I saw of him. I messaged him very politely saying I wasn't ready for a relationship, he said it was fine & that if I ever changed my mind to get back to him. Oh I just remembered he sent me a million awful selfies a day, a video of him playing the bongos which was so awkward to watch, a sound clip of him playing the harmonica to that song "creep" & he also put a collage of my photos together with love hearts around it before we even met. The two times he came down my way I noticed on Facebook that he wrote my hometown on his status spelt arse ways with a happy face as well. Sad really. All bits are only coming to me now, he was obsessed with star signs & because we were both Sagittarius he was full sure that we were meant to be together.
After he sent that reasonable reply I said thanks & take care. Well, not even an hour passed & he got pissed off with me asking why was I on a dating site if I wasn't ready for a relationship then he told me his Dad was in hospital. I have probably missed out a lot more to this story as things are only really coming back to me now, the order mightn't be accurate but all this happened. I actually think I broke it off before & he said his Dad was rushed to hospital & this was the second & last time I broke it off for real, that's when he said his Dad was dying. Convenient. Prior to this he did get very obsessive with copying & pasting the way Sagittarius people think etc, it was too much. I blocked him on everything except bloody Viber because I completely forgot then I get "Now I know the real you, good luck to you $#*!" & I just replied "have fun harassing the next girl" then he got nasty saying he was gonna send some videos of me to my work place. By videos they're not what they sound, they were me embarrassingly miming on dubsmash nothing sexual! And I was like "yeah work away" then he said I was fat with horrible tits & that it was no wonder my boyfriend left me, which wasn't even true. What are you, 12? I put a laughing face and said "I never said I was skinny & yeah my tits aren't great." Then he replies "I'm glad we got all the anger out, I really like you" bla bla bla. I told him to please stop contacting me. Later on he rang me on Viber saying how he was crying so much, it sounded so pathetic. My sister actually recorded the whole thing! Then his Dad "died". I felt terrible if this was true, but I knew it was lies. I went along with it asking did he need support at the funeral "I'm not going to the funeral" he replied. I was like you have to go, it's your Dad. "I told him when he was here that I wouldn't go" as you do! So I looked up all deaths with his surname, nothing. Then I looked up deaths in his area, still nothing. A few days had passed & I got a message off him on Facebook, I'd unblocked him as I wanted to see did he put anything up about his Dad. He asked did I want to meet up for some "crazy, funky sex" I declined, as tempting as it was. Ha. He said he could make me scream all night & I just asked why he didn't do that the times we were together already, he said something along the lines of because we didn't really know each other. I said that trying to hook up with someone should be the last thing on his mind after burying a parent. He then sends me a pic of his horrible $#*!. Then I asked him why did he & his Dad have different surnames? Now, this wouldn't have made any sense to someone normal. He replies "he wasn't my real Dad" I ask "he was your step Dad?" "No he was like my real Dad, my real Dad died when I was 6 months old" I then send an image of a bull$#*!-o-meter going off the scale. He said I was heartless etc. then goes back to asking for sex. Blocked!! That was the end of him!! Half expected him to get a bus down to murder me haha!!

In between these online flings I have been seeing a few people I met in real life but they were no better. Liked me for 5 minutes then ditched. I think there's more wrong with me than I think!

SUBJECT 3 - POF 2015

Talked for a few days, he was 34 or so & he had children which never bothered me before but my ex has children & I don't think I have room in my heart to be getting involved again. Selfish maybe but honest. We talked for a bit via POF and as I was talking to a few others he was pushed aside. It happens to us all, you get into conversation with someone for a few hours, someone "better" takes your fancy & so forth. Anyway that same evening he practically begged me to give him a chance, he wasn't too far from me so I said feck it, I'll give it a go.
Met up one afternoon, might have been the following day, well what a sweetie, I could tell he was nervous, he kept saying it too. He seemed very into me, really flattering but kind of too much too soon. He asked me during the date would I meet him again. I said yes & I did. I did fancy him he just seemed too intense & kissing him was almost forced, he would randomly just put his arms around me & kiss me. Sounds lovely but we were strangers. Can't say a bad word about him though. A lovely guy. It ended when he asked me during the second date would I see him again, kind of put on the spot there. I said yes, which I meant at that time. I was talking to another lad as well & lost interest. He text me asking would I meet up again & I honestly just said I couldn't commit to anything. That was the end of that.
Actually he makes me realise that there are genuinely sweet people on the site. We made Facebook friends & I see he is now in a relationship & I am delighted for him, he deserves to be happy.

SUBJECT 4 - POF 2015

Nice to look at, in his early 30's, lived practically 2 minutes up the road from my parents. Met the same evening as a date with "subject 3", prob a bit bad but it happened.
Met at his place, he looked as good as his photos, well let's just say there was absolutely no chemistry what so ever. I had more craic with his dog. His Dad arrived to the house unexpectedly & I got on better with him, seriously!! After a pleasant evening of chatting like we were two awkward teenagers. We shared an awkward, no chemistry at all kiss outside. It was so cold my lips were shuddering aswell!! Said our goodbyes. He text me that evening making sure I got home safe, I'd already fallen asleep but I replied the next day. Never a second "date" but he actually text me last week (2+ months after) so he either was bored or no one is interested in replying to him. Not a bad guy just no chemistry. I had actually forgotten about him!

SUBJECT 5 - POF 2015

Now this lad was perfect, I'm talking got on via texting from the get go. He was 36. We actually met on a Friday after only after starting to talk on a Wednesday. We met half way in a pub Friday evening, he hands me a box of Butlers chocolates, how sweet. Although he was shorter than I expected I found him attractive, a bit goofy but he said he was getting braces, I didn't even mind the goofiness it was cute. The conversation was just flowing, we laughed, both asked questions that came out naturally, we actually kissed which felt to me like the most amazing kiss you could imagine for a first date. We both walked towards our cars, kissed again then drove home. I actually rang my friend on the way home saying how crazy well we got on, the perfect date. I get home & he messaged "Hope you got home safe, great date x" & I replied that I got home safe & agreed that we got on well. We messaged each other every day without fail, there were no games, sometimes I messaged first, sometimes him, it was just perfect. The next time we met he met me in a pub near where I worked, like the first time, the conversation was flowing, we kissed, we had a connection, it went great. The only thing I will say is he mentioned that he used to take "E" a lot which is a strong drug, I wasn't brought up around that. I was quite surprised as he seemed really intelligent. We laughed, kissed, he had his arm around me. At the end of the date we said our goodbyes and he would've either messaged me that night or the day after. I can't quite remember where we met the 3rd time, cinema & dinner possibly, but it wasn't until the 4th time that we slept together which as you can guess, was amazing! We met on average 3 days a week, he always made the effort. We took it in turns to cover dates/dinners. All so perfect. This went on for around 8 weeks of texting & even talking on the phone most evenings. By week 6 or so I asked him did he fancy going to a concert with me, he accepted. Now within those 8 or so weeks he had met my 2 sisters & good few of my friends who he got along with. He even met my Mum accidentally. After the concert we & 3 of my friends went for a few drinks. We walked along the quays hand in hand & I stayed at his, met his housemate, all was good. I was going on holidays on the Monday and the concert was on the Friday before hand. He dropped me back to my mates place (my car was at hers) Saturday morning after getting breakfast rolls for ourselves & the others. He stayed for a bit then headed on & we arranged to meet on Sunday. He came over on Sunday, we went out for dinner which he covered like a gent. We kissed goodbye for ages & he said he'd miss my lips. We did a hell of a lot of kissing. 2 days into my holiday we are messaging just fine, he sends kisses etc. I was over on holidays for a wedding, the wedding was on Wednesday, this is where it all ended. I'm setting the scene, I'm at a wedding, it's about 5/6pm give or take, I've been drinking rather large measurements of vodka since 2pm. It's all lovey dovey & beautiful. When suddenly, 2 things that should never be able to be in contact with each other: alcohol & a mobile phone. The devil's combination. This is all I remember as I am a mess but I text him with something along the lines of "I think I'm falling for you" I know I know, it's been 2 months & it's too soon for that. I was drunk, I was at a wedding etc. well I can't remember the reply as I go and delete our entire "relationship" worth of messages out of drunken stubbornness. I know he said he didn't see us going anywhere, I'm too young etc. And this fella only a few days before hand when I asked what would I refer to him as to my friends we were going to the concert with. He says "well boyfriend" so his words there.

That was the end of my most "perfect" POF date in the matter of seconds. Do I regret sending that text? A little, but I keep telling myself how many more months would I have wasted with him if I hadn't have written that. Things happen for a reason. And because I'm quite emotionally immature sometimes & it makes my feel better. Here's a list of his faults, enjoy:

•Told me he had a fear of cardigans
•He didn't like me rubbing his upper arms or lower back in case I stretched his t-shirts
•Takes "E"
•Wore that stupid string that old or simple people wear on all his sunglasses
•Asked me to wash my mouth with soap when I kissed my dog before I kissed him
•I went down on him once then when we got down to business he went all strange when I kissed him, he then says he's funny about that & asked could I rinse my mouth out. I just didn't bother kissing him.

It's amazing what exceptions you make when you like someone.

Actually think I'm done with lads, I've been talking to my ex a lot so I wouldn't be surprised if we try things again.

I don't believe everyone on POF is a complete weirdo I just thing the human race is getting greedy, thinking they can always get someone better. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. I'm still a good few years off my 30's, these lads are getting closer to 40, God knows what they're really looking for.

All the best :)

gregm65
7/5/15

I've had an account on this site for several years. No one has ever responded, I've never been contacted, and POF has tried to lure me with fake matches a number of times. By going to "Who's Viewed Me", I've found that in every such case, the person in question hasn't even looked at my profile.

EVERY time I've done a search on POF, I get the result Not Enough Matches. Please Widen Your Search. The Search feature only goes up to 200 km, so widening one's search is nonsense.

I've never met anyone on POF, and I don't know of anyone who has.

It's a scam and a waste of money.

Tip for consumers: Don't get sucked in. This site is a complete waste of time and money.

lizh19
7/4/15

The worst dating site ever. Full of fake profiles and men just looking for sex. POF seems to have no control over who joins. I don't think I had a message from one normal, intelligent man. Should be renamed Plenty of Chavs!

chelseal4
7/1/15

I recently decided to try online dating for the first time and decided to give this site a shot because it was the most popular free site, and I wasn't looking to spend money on something I wasn't sure about anyway. I made a profile and uploaded some pictures and waited. Sure enough I was getting tons of messages a day from guys in my area. I was excited about the good chance at meeting someone, since it's hard to do so once you leave college, have a job, and aren't thrilled about meeting guys at the bar. I found out rather quickly though that most of the people on the site aren't people I was even remotely interested in. Middle-aged men constantly messaged me asking me if I want a sugar daddy or a lot of guys looking for sex. Now, I understand no matter where you go or what you do you're going to get people like that, but it was ridiculous. Out of all of the messages I got I only got a few that really made me want to talk to the guys. They seemed normal at first, but then if I wasn't able to meet up/reluctant to yet would get irrationally angry, acted like they were in love with me and said really obsessive things before even meeting me etc. And a lot of these guys were very attractive and seemed like they had a lot going for them in their lives. I was getting more and more frustrated because I wasn't finding what I wanted at all. I met with a few guys I talked to for a little on the site and I can tell you none of them were how they made themselves out to be over the internet. Pretty much to sum up this site it consists of people looking to hook up with people in their area, people with mental/psychological issues or people who are completely socially inept. Waste of time if you're actually looking for a serious relationship and want to meet someone.

ruthannc
6/29/15

Beware ... the site does accumulate profile information and apparently sells it to foreign countries. I found my profile (via Google) in both German and Portugese ... I do not speak either language and have no intention of visiting either country.

Once I contacted Customer Service about the problem my (United States) profile was deleted. I could not log in with my user name/password and the (not so much) help link where I enter my email address to reset my password indicated the email address was not found in the database.

I tried emailing Customer Service and also legal@plentyoffish.com and got no response from either email address.

The short time my profile was active the only men I met were married with severe cases of "marital amnesia". It is definitely NOT the way to meet a quality man for a relationship.

bridgetl3
6/29/15

Beyond sad place to actually seek out a real relationship. Full of men looking to get laid. Dont waste your time or money on this.

30 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the POF staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: PLENTY OF FISH=BULL$#*!! IN FACT ANY SINGLES SITES ARE DEPENDANT! ON THE HONESTY OF THOSE USING THEM?? ~HERES THE MAIN PROBLEM! IF YOU LOCATE A SOMEONE AFTER GOD KNOWS HOW MANY WEEKS, THEN YOU START TO DATE-THATS EVEN IF YOU GET THAT FAR? BUYING MEALS -TRAVEL AND GAS BILLS ETC, AND THINGS SEEM TO BE GOING OKAY! THEN WHAM! ONE OF YOU! NO LONGER RESPONDS DUH!
WHY YOU SAY?? NINE TIMES OUT OF TEN ITS BECAUSE YOU CANT RESIST FLIRTING= AND SO YOU ARE STILL MONITORING AND RECEIVING REPLIES FROM CLUB MEMBERS ON YOU PC OR I/PHONE- AND YES! YOU KNOW THE REST DONT YOU? ITS JUST AN ON-GOING GAME AND YOU LIKELY TURN INTO COUGARS AND PLAYERS!! UNTILL ITS WRITTEN ALL OVER YOU! AND (NO WANTS) YOU UNLESS ITS JUST FOR A QUICK HIGH RISK LAY! THEN YOU LOOK IN THE MIRROR=ITS GAME OVER-
MICKSTER
8/28/13
Answer
sugars
A: POF is not free at all, you have to upgrade; become a paying member to be able to do anything interesting.
6/27/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: How do you delete a man you no longer want on your page? He's a total fake!!!
4/5/15
Answer
carolynh28
A: Fake doesn't really describe them... more like downright liars!!!
7/24/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the POF staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

6 Photos for POF