US Government's NSF

POF reviews

82 Reviews for POF

▼ Sort by: recent

7/23/14

This website is gender biased. Women can send private pics, but men cannot. How ironic that all i see on their pics is cleavage and butt shots. I assumed if you're providing a service, all aspects of that service were to be available to all consumers. Not the case here. Also, anyone can report you and your account will be removed or blocked..mostly men are the victims. I read a few reviews about this, but until it recently happened to me ,I was skeptical. Avoid this site

7/15/14

A decent dating site. You can message for free, view for free, everything is actually free. The people on pof seem a little lower quality than, say, OKCupid, and the site isn't nearly as snazzy in terms of interface. But it does what it says on the tin.

7/12/14

Pof is a scam it's not free as it claims, you have to pay to use half of the services and it's full of webcam girls, hookers, escorts, and scam artists. I'd never recommend this sight to anyone.

7/12/14

I will never ever use this website again! It is full of crackpots, losers and hopeless alcoholics who are loo king to clean up someone elses leftovers out of desperation. Theyre always looking to find someone to take pity on their sorry existences. I have learned thanks to the experiences Ive had with POF that going out on a date with someone really makes me appreciate being alone...and I love not having romantic love in my life!!

7/12/14

STAY THE F…. AWAY from this crappy site.. The women on this site are attention whoring, man hating sexually promiscuous, materialistic, BIOTCHES with serious daddy issues.. MOST are single baby mommas, divorcees and lesbians holding out hope for that desperate man to come along….

7/10/14

Actually this article doesn’t cover the facts of POF. I have personally reported 3 sex offenders to the site through the complaint form. Which was completely ignored, except to delete my profiles. I provided evidence, and even the offenders families testimonies. These offenders also spread Gonorrhea, and it has become a health hazard for the community. Though in the male list of the site. I did meet two cops who are actively monitoring the site. None the less. Of all the sites I have looked into. Plenty of Fish is the only one actively protecting sexual offenders, and disease spreaders from the truth. The company of POF does not maintain their own rule in order to protect these individuals. This is the site to use, as a woman at least, if you want to be raped, infected with stds, and have attempted murder practiced upon you. I have screen shots of all that I claim with in this post. The site POF needs shut down, and the owners tried for the crimes they are knowingly allowing to occur via their site! To their members, and the community!

7/9/14

At first, I was intrigued. Love the free viewing & interactive opportunities with others. However, it's not clear to me where to go to get questions answered. Like for fitness, would you date someone with a few extra LBS? Or BBW? What the heck does this acronym stand for? I asked for Caucasian men, other ethnic show up & ppl way younger or older than the age bracket I requested. I chose MissPrissStl as my profile name. Edited profile on different issue, hit check Mark at top right & after all I went through to get this site to remove my real name, my username, ErlineJinesSchneider, correcting name chosen for my profile, it's now showing my real name again which concerns me as I said before when they corrected. Very frustrating!!!

7/7/14

Complete bull$#*!. Markus is an ugly loser who obviously has issues. Sorry how you look Markus, and sorry you have a small $#*!. My profile got deleted because after getting my greeting message from Markus, I replied to him. I said. Markus, don't you think it is a little arrogant to list yourself as the "Creator"...the only creator is God. Bam delete! Markus you are an arrogant Nazi, $#*!. You are a creepy weirdo that thinks he has to protect every woman on this site. We are adults. We do not need you telling us who we can connect with, what age we can connect with and what we say in our "private" messages. If an "adult" woman dislikes a message she can simply block that individual. Markus you are a scammer and a fraud. You knowingly post fake profiles and then ask men to pay! You advertise a free site...and then if anyone actually wants to chat they have to pay you. I can go on all day but you're not worth it. Good luck when you get busted for the fraud that you are. $#*!!

7/7/14

My experience on Pof has been just as bad as a lot of the men in there most wemen are on there to get money, and you get banded for no good reason you try to be respectful and nice to people and follow all the rules but u get banded like I did for no reason. Marcus your nothing but a complete Ass hole and I would not care to say that to your face, you don't band people for no apparent reason, and say you got a really good site, and trust me I would not care one bit to tell you my users name that was on there you friggen twit, Guys don't spend on money on this site because ur just wasting your time and money

7/1/14

POF and Marcus along with his staff are nothing but a bunch of religious fanatic anti-male Canadian ass holes. They block people for absolutely no reason. I should not say people it is men they do this to. This is done for absolutely no reason. Anyone can make a complaint and they will disable your profile and not answer an email. They will not even tell you you have been blocked. He is anti-sexual and a total control freak. His staff will not reply when you ask them politely why or even if you were blocked. They blocked me for absolutely no reason whatsoever. I was never rude or used any language that was inappropriate. I have written them multiple times and asked them why I'm being blocked they never answered me. If there were another site both myself And others would use it.

6/30/14

I was on pof for two weeks.
I seen many fake profile with fake locations.
I was nice , I thought it was not to bad considering it's free but then my account was deleted with absolute no explanation.

6/28/14

This site is a social science experiment! At least there are more people on POF than any other dating site. Look at Match.com and Okcupid, these sites are littered with fake profiles of yuppies that have pics of themselves backpacking through the Alps or Skydiving. When Joe or Jane Average sees this they go the other way. The problem is match.com and okcupid are ran by Yuppies who backpack through Europe during the summer or go scuba diving. So they think its okay to write fake profiles based on the type of people they think exist.

Let's be hypothetical here. If a fat person opend up a Walmart dating site filled with people who love shopping at Walmart and they needed to write a bunch of fake profiles to get the ball rolling. What do you think those fake profiles would look like? Probably other walmart fatties and Jesus freaks. My point is a person is going to write a fake profiles based on the types of people theyre exposed to.

Nope, the profiles are all mostly real. The problem is you have like 7 men to every 1 women. In some larger cities there are 10 men to every 1 woman.
Think about it, some chicks sign up and in 2 hours they have 30 to 70 emails. Numbers or not, they cant possibly get back to you.

Some women get addicted to the attention but they burn out before too long on there. The chicks who get addicted and have to check their emails once an hour are the ones who spend years online. They are on for a month then leave for a month.

The other problem is the 'same old, same old' story of people running when faced with other people who say they're looking for the same thing. If I was to write a profile about how much I want a relationship I would ger no emails. Sometimes I tell a woman I want a relationship and there will be no return email. Lol, the truth is you have... to gulp... be yourself. However you have to talk about normal stuff. I think guys get frustrated after a while... then they start emailing women for hookups.

POF is not a numbers game. You can send out mass emails and the people can spot a fake becasue the email you sent them isnt personalized. Also, if you have a bland profile then its unlikely anyone will email you back. People are looking for a good time, theyre on POF for fun. The fact is this is a psychology experiment, not a math experiment.

Here's what I found that works. You have to focus on one person at a time. If you get caught up in the emails you'll screw yourself. Its all time and energy.

My problems are with the way the site functions and the users.

The problem I had is the dufus creator Markus created a matching system that tries to pair younger men with older women. I had to put an age restriction on who could contact me because there were too many older women sending me emails. I think older women complained about getting matched up with ugly old men and he listened to them.

Whats hard to believe is how many people that exist on POF that have been single for years upon years. I think online dating and knowing there is someone a page away has made us picky. We're not giving people a fair shake because the site fools us into thinking theres an abundance of people. In reality there isnt an abundance of people. Its a fools paradise.

The other problem is my profile made it to the top of searches based on my email activity. The more emails I send the more my profile was out on the top of search lists. Wow smart. Im busy with email, why not make me more busy.

The other problem is the site isnt encrypting anything and its security for protecting passwords and other data is outdated. I mean massively. The founder Markus only spends about 40 minutes a day dealing with his site.

The biggest problem is the "Creator" Markus. The guy created the site with not much knowledge on how to build a site or a server for that matter. I admire the fact that he just went out and did it and I have to thank him for keeping internet dating free and cheap. Can you imagine how much match.com would be charging if POF wasnt around? However Markus know little about dating, what it takes, how it works, and how people come together. IMO the matching system needs an overhaul. There are compatible people on there who aren't meeting because of how the site works. People aren't connecting because there are too may incompatible and uncompromising people in the way.

Sooner or later a better dating site will come along. However at this time you cant argue with free and the shear numbers. If youre going to date online then you might as well use POF. The paid sites have too many fake profiles to keep up with.

Im sure my review might rub some people the wrong way. If it does then take a good look in the mirror. The other main problem with POF is there are too many people who will NOT take accountability for themselves.

If you admit to being 'picky' and not really being concerned with the pressures of finding someone then cool. However there are people who swear they attract Douchebags and blame everyone else for their problems. They're the ones who need to take a look in the mirror.

Ive dated 13 women from POF in a span of 18 months and the longer I was on there the easier it was to find dates. So its was okay for me. Some of those women lied and either used angled photos or they used old photos. Others were pretty honest. I think its possible to find someone but you really need to weed through the site and look for someone who's likeminded, which is tough. Last year I dated a POF stalwart who had been on the site for 5 years however she just wasn't ready to be in a long term relationship. So I had come close.

My advice, dont get frustrated. Just have fun. If its not working then change it. You have to hold your frame and focus on the people you want to date.. not trying to keep the ones you dont want away. Take it one person at a time. Keep the texting and phone calls up until the first meeting. Its that simple. However it is time consuming. Internet dating is kinda like living in New York city, those with a weak frame dont make it.

6/27/14

mostly women who are there just to assist if they still have it to attract men !huge number of saddest women who enjoy putting men down who think all men are the same !one size fits all because they had one bad experience for their ignorance !! most women are looking for a perfect man but they have nothing to bring to the table!,mostly snobs,insecure,ugly ,fearful,misfits,dating sites addicts,amazingly seductive women but in no way they are ready to meet any one rather have a relation ! just plain time wasters ,,they never tell the truth about intention or age unless they a re not ready to date and do not care !! they should call it
" PLENTY OF FAKE "
"

6/19/14

Horrible! The profiles seem fake for most girls, they never send anything to you or respond. All talking about finding a good guy or whatever but if you don't look like an athlete or model it's not worth it. It is so bad I can't even delete my profile, such a waste of time. Literally talked to 1 girl for like 4 messages and that was it. And it is not that free, lots of key features can't be used without paying. I would pay a city bus driver to run me over multiple times before I would join and pay for this site. Absolutely worthless!

6/13/14

POF has the fakest people on it's site ever ! I was on there eight days and never met a single person, not sure I'd want to with the sleazebags on there, there were exactly three people on there I was maybe interested in meeting, the rest were horrible, but none had any intention of meeting, just phishing and trolling, (not why I joined), the men on there were not anyone you'd want to meet; sooo gross !! The people on there also like to get your phone number: IMMEDIATELY, also for phishing.

6/11/14

like i said its DESRIMINATORY towards MEN!!!! i can PROVE it, first takes 2 people man and woman , each set up account, let the woman go off on the man and the man DO NOT RESPOND just report the message WATCH WHAT HAPPENS UR AZZ WILL GET BOOTED SO FAST!!!!!!! woman can also say what they want in headline and profile from profanity to sexual comments( which it states CLEARY youll be permenantly kicked off) if you report thier profile AGIN they will BOOT YOU MEN trust me i know my profiles have simply stated i dont date toothless users cheaters and liars well sum1 gets butt hurt and there IS NO VIOLATION in that kinda profile but as soon as a woman doesnt like your answer or you ignore her or report her YOUR DONE THIS IS A P.O.S SITE lol MEN STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6/2/14

I think maybe 30% of the female profiles are real. The rest are just scammers and fake profiles that pof.com puts up to make it look more like a 50-50 male to female ratio.

Their basic membership is (or at least was) completely free - which makes it OK. However, after contacting about 250 women and not receiving one response, I became a little disappointed. I guess that's where the paid upgrade comes in for some reason.

I have better luck meeting women in bars and the grocery store. Pof.com was a waste of time for me. But if you're young and good looking, you may have a chance at success.

5/21/14

THIS SITE IS HORRIBLE from many aspects. 1. Fake profiles. 2. Horrible Customer service. 3. Female members were not attractive to me at all. In my opinion they were desperate. 4. Bad quality all together. BE WARNED!!!!!

5/20/14

My profile was deleted on the 2nd day without any explanation or notice. Customer service didn't bother to reply

5/4/14

25% of this site is good due to my own exp but after reading these reviews it is verifying my summing up of this site, but it's free which is good, also iv'e been on here 1 year and had 1 crazy woman but to tell the truth i'm a bit crazy myself so i guess you have to sift through the garbage and be patient for what your looking for and be honest about yourself..

5/2/14

The people on this site are either fishing for a quick hook up or they want to be permanent penpals. To make matters worse, they WILL NOT LET YOU LEAVE. I should have believed the reviews I saw on multiple sites of people with this experience. When I tried to remove my profile I was blocked from the site, and told my email address and user name do not exist. THIS SITE IS A SHAM.

4/30/14

What a Joke of a site, they stress that are trying to help people find love but deleting people for being themselves and wanting to date. They took my profile site off because I had more people on block then actual dates...This site sucks...

4/24/14

I got 1 response. I met this woman who scammed me for over $5000 by wire fraud, stealing my checkbook draining my account. She finally offered me sex on two conditions. That I not press charges & that I buy her some crack. Pitiful as it is, she was my crack whore for the night! Until she died from drugs last July, my family literally feared for my life!!!

4/18/14

I would not recommend this site to Satan himself. It's just a complete waste of precious time. I'm still a member of POF for free but I'm going to delete my account. I haven't gotten very far at all with anyone on POF. It's like every single woman on there likes playing hard-to-get or they're complete and total snobs. I've had women message me to say hi and then when I message them back I don't get a reply back. I've went on three dates-one with one lady who wanted to get too serious too quickly and two dates with another lady who was a very sweet lady but she had been married before and had two kids and she didn't want anymore kids, which is what I want some time after I get married so it didn't work out. Seriously, don't waste your time people.

4/12/14

Scam site. They either sold/rented/shared my masked email address with some perverted website and my inbox at work was filled with obscene emails. I have been trying all afternoon to delete my account while signed into my account, it keeps saying my username and password are wrong - while signed in??? I am filing a complaint with the FCC on these bozos.

4/7/14

On my first I saw a really attractive lady but her profile did not seem right (a widow for 3 years & divorced at the same time.). Anyway I thought I would reply but in my Sunday newspaper I was floored to see her in the same photo, same dress etc but this time she was wearing an alert button on a chain around her neck in an advervisement. WOW. Also on Match.com rarely do I find someone in my vicinity but on pop they were all in my area. Looked fishy to me.

3/31/14

I have had some success with POF. But in the last year, I haven't had any, in fact I have had several women block me or state, I will turn you in to POF admin if I "Favorite" her again. Nice lady......So I am am pretty disgruntled with dating right now. I was married for 23 years and I have dated many good looking women in the past. But where I live in Boise, Idaho it has been horrible. Moving on.

3/13/14

Excellent website here in Australia. All the profiles seem to be real but many women, AS IN REAL LIFE, ignore my messages. Still, I have met lots of women and had sex with at least 8 (all were looking for a relationship though). It is still basically 100% free here in Australia. I think it is a great site and I have been using it for 6 years. I could have been married many times over if that was what I was looking for.

2/25/14

My aunt & uncle met on this site... & I met the *man of my dreams* .. That was yrs ago...they had started charging for features that use to be free...I never paid for anything & I couldn't be happier :)
I relocated ( only 1 hr away) when I moved in w my fiancee & my new job pays $12,000 more a yr and is much easier too~ so there's bonus winnings w this site!

2/21/14

Ok. Let's just say there are some complete perverts on this site. I however went on three dates. The first guy no chemistry but such a nice guy we are still friends. Second date the guy was very nice we just had different views on life. I was going to tie up because I was getting some really offensive messages but I decided to give this one guy a shot. Let me tell you I was pleasantly surprised! We are still seeing each other. It's in the early stages still but I'm happy I gave it another shot. Never met anyone like him. Let's just say fingers crossed and for now profile removed. Don't be discouraged by the jerks. You might actually find someone amazing.

2/6/14

I personally think this site should be shut down. They 'deleted' my account for no reason and now I believe they still use my account information as if I'm actually on there. This is the worst dating site I have ever heard of.

1/29/14

Okay I’ll try to keep this semi intelligent. I think I make a valid point here when I say, Women online suffer from an Absurd Standards Syndrome (ASS). The cyber female of today suffering from this ASS complex is a result of the fantastical 20 to 100 male to 1 female ratio at any given dating site. This on line ratio of dozens of males to each female on personals sites leaves women in a state of cyber induced self-delusion from so much attention from so many men they do not experience once they walk out their door into reality where the actual ratio is less than 1 male for every 1 female. Insulated by the PC media, glam mags, academia, beta suck-ups (manginas) and female friends, there are growing numbers of women posting personals on line losing touch with their rank relative to other women and are thus finding it easy to slip into this comfortable bubble of cyber self-delusion known as ASS. Similar to cigarette addiction, and the quick dopamine fix, many women found on personals sites are escaping a harsher acceptance of their personal flaws that can only be remedied by realizing the reality of their diminished mating choices in the real world after leaving their self-deluded comfort found in a multitude of attractive men that in all reality don't exist for them outside the confines of cyber space.

Remedy to all this:

1. Stay away from women under your league, and never settle.
2. Go to the gym.
3. Put on gear that fits.
4. Go the hell outside and chase women.
5. Stay the hell offline.

1/20/14

0 Star Rating. SCAM. I gave a couple of bucks to upgrade from free and they sent me an email that someone wanted to meet me. Click to open user profile on the site, nothing there and you have no option to search user name they gave. They restricted whom I could message to only those that they feel are my and don't allow me to message others. The matches they "suggest" are not close to my local geographic area. Emails contacting the site go unanswered.

1/20/14

POF is a complete scam design to create traffic to their website. Profiles are either outdated or fabricated by POF. There are legitimate profiles but any email correspondence are viewed or blocked by POF as to get the user to upgrade their account at a monthly fee. The website's method to get users to upgrade is based on this statement or question, Did you read your email. Upgrade now to find out. WTF???
If POF didn't block your email then why should you need to upgrade. Do not attempt to bypass their system. If you attempt to include any type of contact info in your email, such as phone number or email address then POF will delete your account.

POF will regularly send users " notification like You have a (12) new matches) in the hopes to generate traffic to their website or they will falsely respond to any emails you send or falsely indicate some one wants to meet you .. This is how the website makes money through online advertising. The more traffic they generate the more money POF makes

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ON THIS SITE.

1/14/14

A little surprised at the negatives here about this site.
I've been on and off of it for several years. I've met at least a dozen women in that time, dated several of them. True, the features available are diminishing over time. That doesn't stop me from viewing profiles, sending and receiving messages.
I've deleted my account each time and have less features each time I rejoin, but I still get dates. I'm not a millionaire playboy, I meet real women.
As for the quality of the clients, you can't blame the site for that !!
No I am not a pof staff member.
I've tried several sites, I always come back to this one.
All in all you get what you put into it.
The automated match feature is based on what info you provide about yourself. I find the matches are age appropriate and within my area.
Sure some gals don't reply, I don't take it personally, they just don't see me as a match I guess, no harm in that.
I have always been respectful and get the same in return.
I recommend it to anyone who asks. I have friends and co-workers that have met casual dates as well as long term partners.
Don't shoot the messenger!

12/23/13

Like many others I will say that this site is exactly what it seems. People are a**holes, sure, but aren't they usually? There are very few girls looking to hook up, and very few guys looking for something lasting, but that's just the nature of people, not to be blamed on the site. I've never actually had a date from this site (probably because I'm just looking for hook-ups and casual friends), but I do have one scheduled, and that's more than I can say for any other site or bar I've been to. If you just don't have time to get out, this will give you about the same chances as going out to a bar with actual social skills.

12/21/13

I have to give this site 5 stars because it is what it says it is. In the many months I've been on (and off) there, I never experienced any misleading gimmicks. Most of the features work (not an easy feat for a web browser based thing). I've met quite a number of really nice people through there. I think a lot of negative reviews are from people disappointed in their ability to get a date. As far as that goes, I'd give *myself* about 2 stars ;-) The kind of girl I'm after doesn't need a dating site to attract men...

12/18/13

This website is horrible! My profile was deleted because someone was rude to me that was on match....he contacted me on POF and I was not rude in any and reminded him that he was very rude. Well he reported me and then my profile was deleted.
Really POF a guy emailed me andf told me I looked like Sh*T in my glasses and I reported him. Guess what? POF did nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12/15/13

I was curious to try this site out. I'm a math major and numbers guy. I have heard from many people this site is "rigged" and has "many fake profiles"…. So my buddy and I decided to join and see what was up.

I'm not ugly whatsoever. (not to sound $#*!y) and don't have problems picking up women. Nor does my friend.

We created profiles then proceeded to send about 8-12 messages per week (each) to women. After 4 months. We averaged out of the 160 messages we sent to women, ONLY 6 responded. This is unreal.

What does this mean?

This means that POF is not updating their sites profiles. Profiles on the site are still showing up but are either, fake, non -active or have not been removed off the site itself. Ironically, out of the 160 messages we sent to women, only TWO showed up in the "who's viewed me" section. This means, NONE even read the e-mails we sent to them. Because if they did and "weren't interested" or "deleted" our messages. They would still show up as if they viewed our profiles.
POF makes it look like profiles are "online" when they really are not online. I also personally received 3 messages from women on the East Coast saying there profiles were showing up in Los Angeles, even though the NEVER put LA on there profile.

This means POF is purposely manipulating the amount of users in "your area" and the amount that are "online" when in reality they are not whatsoever. Many of the profiles seem to be abandoned and non -active.

POF is set up to purposely drive traffic to their site. Plain and simple. They need the advertising money. They depend on that for survival. Unlike Match.com, e-harmony etc. that make money from paid suscribers. POF has a very low paid subscription amount of users. They realize, people are leaving their site in droves and need the site traffic to make it look like there are more profiles than really exist.

POF is a Canadian ran company. NOT based here in the United States. So they bypass most laws by using people’s pictures without permission or consent.

All in all, POF is more of a marketing gimmick. Sure you nay "meet someone" or talk to someone from your area. But don't get your hopes up that you will find "the love of your life" on this site.

12/8/13

More than plenty of fish they could called this scam, fake dating site plenty of s**t.

Girls can take bikini's photos and if you guys are in a summer pic NO this forbidden, and you profile is trashed without warning. You must be clothed as a taliban's wife. I got my account deleted probably because I had a photo in which I am in the beach here a Cartagena. YES it is very naughty....Ridicouls

Another strange behaviour: There is a lot of fake photo and doubled profiles but the moderators don't care.

I wrote my profile in spanish, I am from Spain, but seems that sometime they deleted account if the language spoken is not english...very racist. This has occured at a friend of mine, with no photo, He only wrote (in spanish) that want to meet some girls. Full stop. And nothing more. They deleted his account.

p.s. Sorry for my bad english

12/7/13

POF.com is pretty good for being a free dating site, however it is kind of hard though to find a decent date on there. So for those reasons, I would rate it 3 stars.

12/2/13

I joined this site by suggestion of a friend, but it is the worst site I have ever worked with. Supposedly a "Team of Experts and PhD's" put this scam together ... if so, they need their credentials revoked.

All "Matches" are based on age and location. There is absolutely nothing to connect individuals based on interest, activity or profession. My "Matches" NEVER matched. For perspective: I teach martial arts, health & fitness and indicate an interest in someone with my LIfestyle & Mindset ... my "Matches" were 95% obese and looking for an "Old-Age Partner." Uh-h-h, no thanks.

I made it clear I was not interested in women older than I (I simply am not interested in dating cougars) ... over a two year period I recieved only one contact who was in her 40's out of over 200 contacts. My contacts averaged 55-70 years of age, I am just turned 53.

A woman whose pix revealed what must be at least a 60" waistline sent a pile of hate-mail when I politely turned down her advances. My understanding was she made a complaint and I was kicked off ... the person who supposedly runs the site never returned my calls, let alone emails as to why.

There is a feature called "Meet Me" where you look at pix and decide whether you would like to meet the person or not, or maybe. I recieved several messages from women who claimed I wanted to meet them ... these are women who I would never want to talk with, let alone go to meet.

This is supposed to be a clean site and it is indicated anyone writing anything lewd or sexually suggestive will be kicked off ... yet the site abounds with soft-core porn style pix of women sprawled all over their beds, dangling the "girls," sitting with legs well spread or hiked up in the air, etc.

In exchange for paying for an upgrade you can tell whether someone has looked at or read your messages, big deal.

The site supposedly shows new members who "Sign In" every day, yet the pix are clearly a revolving door of the same old faces.

While this is probably a concern on other sites, POF is the one with the greatest percentage of liars & players, at least of the female nature. Only one person I ever met even remotely looked like her picture. As a rule, POF women ages 35-60 tend to be incredibly obese and have what must be the dumbest teachers in the world. 38 different so-called school teachers contacted me, only one of who wrote a well punctuated note.

Recently the site made a ruling no one more than 13 years older or younger could contact a anyone. Now, I can see laying down law on a 65 year old hounding an 18 year old, but that should be the individual's choice. I'm not interested in a 20-something, but a lot of celebrities would have never been allowed to meet, here. More interesting, the Profile allows a person to limit what ages he/she is willing to recieve contacts from. So this rule really makes no sense.

No!!! Leave this one alone,

Irishblue1960

11/29/13

Not sure yet if it's worth spending money on. I've emailed several and have had only two real replies. Most of the women are looking for a mate instead of a casual encounter. I've been on it for a while and had two really big gals wanting to meet but their profiles don't match at all, says they want a single guy and a relationship while I'm only looking for casual sex. They have finally let me show that I'm married, in the past if you select that in your profile they direct you to Ashley Madison which is very expensive to join. They don't have a real time chat either like AFF does which is free for all members to use. Pof let's you email for free but can't send pics. Can't post nudes either, only pics with your face in em, yuck! I've read a lot of reviews for different sites and it's hard to figure out which ones really work to hook up! I have tried several only to find they just want to drain your bank account! My wife and I are swingers and have been in the lifestyle a while so don't knock it till you've tried it, it's not for everyone! We love the lifestyle, very pleased with each other after 26 years and not afraid of someone running off with the other! Sex has been proven to keep us all healthy and that's really important to us older folks! So back to POF, after reading a few others here I think might give it a try, can't read full profiles and don't want to offend anyone sending out emails to hook up if they are not willing to! Don't mind spending a little money to have fun in the bed room but don't wanna get ripped off anymore either! To all of the people here with negative responses about POF, it takes practice no matter what you do in life, and to the ones that have meet someone you like, way to go, you must have done it right! If you read my profile you will get more info there but beware, it's adult content!

11/27/13

The site sucks! For some reason it arbitrarily blocked me from contacting some members, members that l've already met in person. I tired to replace my account by opening a new one and by the time I finished setting it up, it vanished. They're like dictators.. The site is horrible!!!

11/21/13

POF is now HOTEL CALIFORNIA for internet dating: You can check in any time you like....but you can never leave. POF used to be mostly free. All that changed recently--if you want to deactivate your profile, you have to PAY now. This is one of the new features. So what that means is now POF will have numerous accounts/profiles that are from members who simply refuse to pay to have their profile deactivated---which creates its own self-perpetuating issue for the website just like Match.com has---thousands upon thousands of profiles that are "dead" profiles. At least OkCupid allows the users to see the last time a person was "on" the site and/or logged in. Such a feature allows users to see if the profile person is active online and looking or not---allowing one to gauge whether they are real or fake and not a waste of their time.

I recently created a new profile on POF. My old account was inactive for almost two years because I never chatted with any man on there who wanted anything more than sex, even though I was blocking all "intimate encounters" profiles, which was an option back then. When I signed up this time, I was smart enough to use a new email address and I created the site from my office computer while on a work break---so when I registered the url and other information gathered by their site was new to them and unique---so I did not get deleted. But what I have found in my recent experience on there, is that many men in my age group----the OVER 40s group----have obviously figured out the new age rules that the site creater has imposed that you need to be within a certain amount of years of whomever you contact so many men have obviously created brand new profiles that have ages that are clearly ten and fifteen years younger than they actually are---in order to bypass the site rules. So now, when I do a search for a man who is 40-48, in actuality, most of the profiles that show up are men who are clearly in their upper 50's and 60's----there is NO denying this. It is disgusting. I am not saying no man lied about his age when I was active on there three years ago, but it was not as bad then as it is now. So by creating an age limit on there, many men who prefer to date younger women, have been forced to create new profiles and many of them are lying about their age in the new profiles.

I hate POF now. It is awful. I have tried most all the other sites, and I have found that OkCupid (ironically owned by the Match.com parent company) is currently the best free site that is free for MOST features and they do not prohibit you or charge you for deactivating your account or taking a break and hiding your account without totally deactivating it. Also, OkCupid allows one to date anyone you want, and they do not judge anyone for expressing themselves in any sexual way either as far as contacting others goes-----they figure that is what the "block" feature does and that the users are all adults and the members have the block feature to block unwanted messages that may be overtly sexual or disturbing. One can "report" someone if they get a message that is overly offensive, threatening or harassing---so the site masters have a way of policing if asked to do so. But unlike POF---they do not take it on themselves to become the dating Nazis of the internet.

11/17/13

All the really bad reviews here are unfair. The site is has a lot of fakes, time wasters, liars etc but there are plenty of nice genuine people too. If you have your wits about you it's easy to find what you are looking for. I have tried paid sites and they have the same issues but with much less members.
I only marked it down as the customer service aspect of the site is horrendous.

11/10/13

Ithe women on this site are fakes. I wouldn't even call them women. Wanta b's is more like it. Do not waste your time with this site. You could find better women on a street corner.

11/1/13

1 year and a half later: ENGAGED to be married on May 31st, 2014.

I had been on the website a good solid year, maybe a couple months longer with no such luck. I probably deleted my account, and started it back up only to delete it again a dozen times...but because I had a friend who had found it to be effective (he had met his girlfriend who he was absolutely crazy about on there), and because the men I was meeting in day to day life were not "take home to meet the parents" worthy, I decided to give it one last shot. My profile was constantly littered with messages from people who were way too old, who were sending very odd and unacceptable messages, and also from people who were interested in things that I simply was not. Most of my messages consisted of the following:

"Hey."
"Hi. You're hott."
"I want you to have my babies."
"Hey Sexxxiii."
"Hi."
"I'm having a party tonight. You should bring a couple girlfriends."

Then I'd get the long and elaborate messages from the men who paid attention to every single detail in my profile...which I appreciated and was flattered by, but that's just not my cup of tea upon the first interaction. Kind of scared me a little actually!

I had probably gone out on about 15 dates total, some pretty awesome ones that resulted in great friendships...and some not-so-great ones. I got to a point where I was about to delete my profile for the last time, and then I received a message from a handsome looking man in the age range I was looking for.

I ended up meeting my fiance a day later for a date at the bowling alley. He was the first man from that site that I allowed to pick me up upon meeting from my home, and take me out on a proper date. When he got out of the car, I was SHOCKED. He was SO much better looking in person than what his photos made him out to be...seriously, the best surprise I had ever had while meeting someone online. Usually, they end up looking worse.

We had the best time, and were inseparable ever since. I truly found my other half that I have been looking all these years for. He understands me, loves me, and is always pushing me to be my very best. He took me to meet his family on the east coast and we have been back 2 times since. On our last trip this past summer, he popped the question in front of his entire family. I have felt like a family since day 1...now even more-so since I will soon share their last name... and it's a wonderful thing. Couldn't be any happier.

I say to all the skeptics, what is there to lose? You really never know who you may "bump" into online...the love of your life could be a click or two *or several ;) * away. Good luck!!!

10/20/13

what a joke...Marcos is an ass..never responds to questions from emails..I posted something in the forum..about someone who completeky flamed me..asking what is the right process in dealing with that besides just blocking them..suddenly..I have my permissions to post on the forum revoked for 5 years....insane..of no response when I asked what the hell happened...the search function..or who's online..says there's thousands online..but if you will notice on everypage they r peat members over and over again...now u can't close you profile..without upgrading..have u ever heard anything so ridiculous. .hate it..no customer or hotline to cal..

10/12/13

Not a bad dating site. Most people on there seem legit. It a free site so you tend to encounter younger people in the 18-30 range. Most people seem to complain they can't get attractive girls to respond but I found with a decent profile picture I was getting what I considered a decent amount of responses. Found a really wonderful girlfriend on the site so I can't complain. Site layout can be confusing and overall I found it simpler to meet girls on POF and then move on to Facebook. But its not a bad place to meet new people if you don't mind weeding through things a bit.

The Best Dating Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber