US Government's NSF

701 Fifth Avenue, Suite 5400
Seattle, Washington 98104, CAN
Tel: +1.6046922542
systems@pof.com

People interested in POF are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

michaelp114

The problem is you have like 7 men to every 1 women. (in 68 reviews)

rons54

Funny how people complain about "customer service" on POF. (in 17 reviews)

paigen

I made it clear in my profile I was not looking for a hook up or one night stands and what I was looking for. (in 106 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jr125
7/31/15

These women have all been in previous relationships that went bad. It's easy to tell right from the start. They complain in their profiles, leave a conversation and come back a few days later. These females don't deserve a man. Who wants to be treated like garbage. Delete your account, and let them be miserable by themselves.

tammys37
7/29/15

LADIES BEWARE OF USER -mailman757 he is 32 black guy con,he wants to take you out for dinner then home to his place for sex, curse you out and call you names if you refused.He lives in newberry sc,doesn't care for son he has with a woman. Site is filled with these types I'm off there now meet my soul mate at school.Try a better way pof garbage, most want sex sex..not looking for more then that seems. sad!!!

jazzyj
7/28/15

He is a fraud and will catfish you. I know several women he has done this to. Be very careful. On another note, POF is the worst dating site ever. It attracts a poor quality of men.

brittq
7/27/15

the crappiest dating site out there unless you're looking for catfish ,trolls , psychopaths or someone who is about to get out of jail in 5 months
and it doesn't get any better when you subscribe so you might as well delete your profile all together or dont make one with this site at all

bellak2
7/26/15

I was on the site for 24 hours before I canceled. Before that, I gave 3 guys my private email address. Dated one briefly, interesting and fun guy but not for me. One of other the other men was a perfect match for me and we are very happy!!!

whatt1
7/25/15

I was trying to hide my profile and could not. So I contacted pof only to find that they had blocked my profile themselves and listed about 5 reasons but could not be specific...hummm. So the only logical one was that I had been BLOCKED by several fat women who listed themselves as "AVERAGE" body type. I would meet em for a "date" of sorts and the fact that I was offended by their deception was offensive..(todays Libtard mentality run amuck. Even the liars are victim's of the truth, can you say RIOT). I also had one mental case that suddenly thought I was some sort of cia operational agent who was tracking her down and this was after a date...bbq joint.. She blocked me, changed her pics...but would still "look at" my profile from time to time and if I called her on that she immediately blocked me again. So...there it is in a nutshell... Its ok by pof for women to lie and be bat$#*! crazy ...but Man...don't you get blocked too many times or pof will ban you men!!

annb54
7/22/15

I am a 54 year old female.I've been on and off this site for a few years. Here is a list of what is on this site 1. Men that do not have current pics up.2. Older than what they posted.3. Shorter than what they posted. 4.Men who can not structure a sentence. I think they should repeat second grade up. 5. Lots of bad or missing teeth. 6. Men who STILL live at home with their parents. The standard reason for this is that they are taking care of them. Yea! More like they are broke and lazy and parents enable this. 7. Men who do not have a license and or car. 8. Men who do not have a job. 9. Men who constantly talk about themselves and or their ex. 10. Men who whip out their phone and take calls, texts and or start to bore me with pictures of their kids, grand kids and other boring images that I am so not interested in. For crying out loud this is our first meet. 11. Of course the men who just want to have a ping pong e mail relationship and have no intention of ever meeting. And 12. Men who just want SEX. Please go to a sex site or get a pro!!! I know other sites offer these types of men too but why pay to be lied to. That's the conclusion with ALL sites. It is so easy to lie. Just keep your radar up and don't take this stuff seriously.

saml70
7/21/15

I've been on POF a year and have yet to get a response to any messages sent. Either the women are very picky or they don't exist.

pattyd10
7/20/15

I joined yesterday, I'm a genuine subscriber. I paid £30+ and today I had to cancel because I found out the site auto-sends messages from me to their members. It resulted in a number of embarrassing emails saying thank you for contacting me...from people I'm not interested in, people not appropriate to my filters.
Bad website. Customer service was unhelpful. They can only either keep my profile up or take it down. Nothing in-between, no help.
So the point of the exercise is for them to take money, nothing else. If you've got it to give away, there are better places to give.
-disgruntled ex-customer

carolynh28
7/18/15

mclbody001 / mclbody or also known as George is a liar and a cheat!! I've just found out that he is on POF looking for sex. His profile says that he is not using drugs and that is not true! He gets high and he is abusive. He's a player and the biggest liar that I have ever met. He's been with me for 3 years and I just found out that he is sleeping with other women from POF. Scared to death that he's not disease free...I'm headed to get tested ASAP and would suggest that anyone else who has had sex with him do the same!!! He told me how busy he was and it was all all a cover for the other women in his life! Definitely a first class member in the "dirty $#*! club"!!!

michaelt93
7/16/15

Tremendous number of fake profiles. Site tries to create connections that don't really exist. They send alerts claiming that a member has said they want to meet you, but that member has no idea and has never said that. Their "matches" and "ultra matches" are similar farces. This is a giant scam.

scottw58
7/12/15

From a mans point of view I will be fair and set my disappointment to one side.pof is no better than real life for enhancing your chances to find a companion,however ,if you take it seriously and do a sensible profile and upload honest pictures then it's not for the want of trying is it ? It's very easy to become addicted to pof,rushing home from work to check messages,staying up later than usual chatting,it can be a real distraction if you are not disciplined.I had three dates,sex once and two coffees that never went any further.there are a lot of people who don't take the site seriously and will mess you around,the art is to not be too needy or come across as lonely as you will be ignored,the women seem quite a fickle bunch,only interested in money,looks,how far you will go to crawl to them and basically what they can get away with! My general impression is that I cannot come into contact with any woman in every day life without being suspicious and aware they are pretty evil things really,I don't genuinely think any of them genuinely want a relationship that might call on them to do some giving as well! Totally selfish individuals,rude and the best actresses ever put upon the planet earth,the ones who have the nice house etc are just prostitutes who probably still live off the ex old man they parted with in the first place......why don't blokes just stop the maintenance? Because you wouldn't want the kids to go hungry now would you? In short the women are filth who should be avoided,get a dog for loyalty and visit prostitutes .......all covered....job done!

playersb
7/9/15

Ladies beware of a user named Mguitar86. Not only this user but several others are scammers looking for a booty call and lying about their marital status and age. The guys on the site claim to be looking for a serious relationship but after one date, expect to get into your pants. The site allows you to send messages for free and this is a gateway for horny losers to send messages telling you they want to get to know you and take you out on a date when in reality, all they want is a roll in the hey. Most guys will send the same message, "hello beautiful, can I take you out?" What a crock. If your looking to build a real relationship with someone honest and true, this is not the site. Pay money for eHarmony or true match

sk269
7/7/15

I have tried umpteen times to create a user name to register, even gibberish names and it says the user name is taken. There is no way to contact them either if you are not registered. Unbelievable!

badeks
7/6/15

I had been on it for a while. I think the Meet Me page just generates random profiles. Not worth upgrading. Some profiles are too far away, but show up in My City. I did get my upgrade refunded when I had my profile deleted for putting up nude pics.

sama527
7/6/15

Hundreds of 60 plus year old women, who claim to be 45 and 46 year old, then you have the true 40 plus year old mothers who were ditched by their hobbies and now they think they Diva's and need to be pampered, wine and dined... lol. You also get some Mentally challenged ladies who love to spend most of their time writing Essays about themselves and read the men's section all day... It's a joke.

johnnyi
7/5/15

This site is the worst free dating site ever.You will not find what you are looking for here.I have had the worst experience with women on this site.Not just one woman but a couple so far.And the women i have met were the worst.In fact alot of women complain about men being player's.This site is full of women player's.Stay away If your looking for love a grocery store is a better place find it,over this site.

sophiec11
7/5/15

Where do I start? This is going to be a long review so please don't waste your time reading it if you havn't got more than 5 minutes. Met four lads off the site & one off Tinder. I know this isn't about Tinder but I'm going to speak of all my online dating experiences.

I decided to join after splitting with my absolute gent of a boyfriend, things just fizzled out but he is a wonderful person & we are best friends since the break up so I do have faith in the male sex! I'm a 26 year old female & maybe I'm too normal, I don't play mind games, I'm generous, there's literally nothing complicated about me.

Here are my experiences.

Subject 1 - POF 2014

Met this 35 year old for the first time in a shopping centre, he wasn't as good looking as his photo depicted on the site but none the less there was a slight attraction there. We walked around aimlessly like a pair of idiots until I eventually suggested we could get a tea or coffee. He replies "I don't drink tea or coffee." That's grand except it's hard to talk when you're just walking around! After about 20 mins I just said I'd get a cup of tea if he didn't mind just so we could sit somewhere. I queued up & he hovered in the background & just as I'm about to purchase my tea he calls "Actually I'll have a bottle of water." Grand, so we sat down and chatted. I noticed he had a tooth missing on one side & a slight bit of rotting, it's lousy & judgemental I know but dental care is so affordable these days with pay monthly options & I actually have braces myself there's really no excuse. That may sound cruel but it's how it was. Chatted for a while, got on well enough, he walked me to my car, got in for a while, shifted which was surprisingly nice at the time but my God now it makes me feel sick. Actually gagging abit now. Then we both parted.
Next date, not sure how long after but we were texting regularly. Went to the cinema, we met half way for this so it was convenient for the two of us. Got in the queue & he stands back when we get to the counter. I order us two tickets then ask did he want anything to eat or drink, he didn't seem pushed so I said that I was getting some then he decided to get popcorn & a drink. No attempt to even go halves with me. Oh I actually forgot, we met at around 4:30pm & when we got there we realised the the film wasn't on until around 6pm. Instead of actually doing something to pass the time we sat in his car (no heating on) & basically just shifted. Anyway we're in the cinema & I made sure to sit on the side where his teeth were grand so I fancied him. I sound ridiculous. Film was good, had another shift, headed home. $#*!ed to my sis for ages about him being kind of tight, she said not to bother with him again. Ha.
Third date, he drove down my way, had jiggy jiggy, made sure to always lay on the side with the good teeth. Went for a Chinese take away, thinking surely he'll cover this, it was barely over a tener for our orders. I'm at the counter, ooh I feel his presence as the cashier gives us the price of the bill, I have my purse in hand about to pay... he elbows me slightly, suggesting "Wait there my lady, I have this covered.." He didn't say this but the nudge thing meant this of course. He slides over a fiver with his index finger from his side of the counter to mine. Oh the insult. "It's grand" I said "I'll get it.." "No" he says, "I insist.." WHAT THE ACTUAL $#*!!!
We get home, I eat my food away from him and like a slob because let's face it, I'm not trying to impress anyone any more. More jiggy jiggy probably because I'm a bit of a bloke when it comes to that, I really bloody enjoy it but it doesn't mean all that much to me at the same time. Oh yeah I think he had possibly started farting at this point, Jesus they were loud but they didn't stink otherwise I think that'd be the final straw.
I think this is "date number 4" it's all a bit jumbled. Yeah I'm an idiot. I drove over his way. We arranged to meet at around 2, spend the day together & go for dinner. I'm thinking I am finally going to get something covered by this fella, it's worth staunching out for. Get to his, jiggy jiggy, it took me over 2 hours to get to his due to my shocking inability to take the right turn off even though my good friend Sat Nav told me to. Anyway yeah, I hadn't eaten due to rushing around making myself look amazing (ha) then I'm thinking sure we're getting dinner so it's nice to be hungry for it. Well back to what happened, like I said, jiggy jiggy because we shifted when I got to his which leads to that. We fall asleep for a bit, jiggy again. Hours passed, I'm parched so asked for a drink, prob jig again, can't remember. It's nearly 8pm at this stage, I've been there for like 5+ hours. No sign of us heading out for dinner. Then he eventually goes "Well, things didn't really turn out the way we planned!" Making a joke of it, & I laugh and go something like yeah! But still thinking it's only bloody 8 o'clock, you can still purchase food at this time. Silence. Then I just said I've to go. Oh my God I had some shakes going home from starvation, mopped a sandwich on the way home from a garage, was actually shaking. $#*!ed to my sister about it again, she asked why do I bother because I always get home pissed off but also find it hilarious!
I think the next time (the next time, $#*! I am actually retarded) was when I was on a few hours break from work & I asked had he had tea yet. He said no so we planned to get something on my break. We walk around the shops for a bit when I ask him what does he fancy. Oh suddenly he's miraculously full! What the hell. I just realised how food obsessed I am ha ha! So we walk around for a bit, my eyes are so bloody wide & what the $#*!y as we walk around. We get to the food court & he asks me what am I getting thinking "oh, he must be hungry now" I queue up & order.. He is no where to be seen.. Get my order which I had ordered to sit in but luckily they gave it to me as a take away accidentally. As I receive it he's miraculously back. "Are you not getting anything?" I ask. "No I'm fine." Well sweet Lord Devine just $#*!ing shoot me. I held myself for 5 minutes before saying that I wanted to head back to work earlier to get a shower. Got back to my car, shifted but I didn't enjoy it. He sensed I was pissed off about something but I just said I was tired because I am such a $#*!ing nice person. Get to work, mop my food because I was steeeeeeeeerving!!
It was at this point I lost all interest, I forgot to reply, I was talking to other people, I was busy, life was in the way. I lost all respect etc.
He copped my sudden lack of interest & eventually just asked straight out what happened. I said nothing, he kept at me so I eventually blurted the whole thing out about how stingy he was. His responses didn't even make sense. I think he did come to mine again & he covered both of our Chinese take away, finally. He messaged me regularly but I'd forget to reply, you know yourself when you're literally just not interested. A couple of months pass & it's around Christmas time. I find a card addressed to me on the hallway floor, with a stamp and everything! It was from him! A letter of apology, 2 little gifts & a groupon voucher for a massage. Not bad. Now I never used the voucher due to it being for a place that I wouldn't be for recreational purposes. I did think it was sweet at the time but as time passed it was kind of like a tight gift as well but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because I'm not a material person. I got him a few gifts too & I made him dinner at one of the stages, shepherds pie or something along the lines of that. After our dinner there was a small baking dish left over, just enough do feed an adult. I asked him did he want to bring it home and he accepted which was great. The next day we were messaging & he said how he & his son (who's around 12 I think) had it for tea, he said his son wished there was more. You'd think he's have even put on a few chips there's no way it would've filled two people. If he's poor that's one thing but he had no problem scabbing off me. That last bit was funnier before but as I wrote it I kind of felt bad. Anyway think I called him down for a ride in January some time then I just lost all interest. He still snapchats the odd time, I might reply, I might not. His face kinda makes my feel sick. Never got my baking dish back either ha ha! Now onto the next one.

Subject 2 - TINDER 2015

Mutually matched (both swiped "yes" on each other for those not familiar.) Oh how a single swipe of the finger can change ones life forever. That's a tad bit dramatic. He was nearly 40 I think. Anyway we exchange numbers on it, getting on grand, his spelling wasn't the most amazing but I don't judge people on that too much as I know people who suffer from dyslexia & it's not their fault. Got on well, arranged to meet at a pub close to my work place after I finished my shift (he lived near where I work.) Got near the pub where he was standing & he hopped into the car showing me where to park. Got out & he headed to the bar & got us a drink. I wasn't drinking alcohol as I was driving home. We sat down in a little booth, him opposite me, we talked, well he talked most of the time in this annoying Dublin accent about how he was in Chicago bla bla & how he went either with a girl or met a girl over there who ended up ditching him over there. I thought that was mean at the time but now I know why! Still thought he was kinda cute, a bit too thin for my liking but I found him attractive. I get us a round of drinks, he's still waffling away & I'm more smiling & nodding. This man could talk. Then suddenly he goes all dramatic up to the bar man & tells him how he just saw a bunch of teens legging it away from somewhere outside. Probably up to no good but it literally had nothing to do with anything, I'd say the bar man was like what the $#*!?! He also said he played in a band which always sounds so cool but I've heard that SO many times it doesn't impress me in the slightest. After him after having about 4 large Bulmers he's having a great time, I'm getting kind of bored due to being sober & having the ears talked off me. Next thing he comes over to my side of the booth & goes "I just have to kiss ya" in which I went along with but as he pulled away his head was all annoying & shaky. We shifted some more then went to another bar that I had NO interest on going to. He ended up talking the ears off me again, then some locals he knew came over & you could see by them that my date was a bit of a spa, they kind of took the piss out of him without him even realising. Oh he plays the harmonica & bongo, will get back to that. It was gone 12am so I had to just explain that I have a 50 minute drive home & then work again in the morning so he eventually finishes his drink & walks me part of the way to my car. We shift (my hands were getting busy & could feel that he was thinner than I'd usually go for) then I head back to mine. Oh and he kept saying his eyes were blue, has nothing to do with anything but they were bloody green.
I think we were chatting most days, actually yes we did he would message me through every means of doing so. Facebook messenger, Viber, WhatsApp, text you name it. I probably should have backed off at that point but you know yourself.
This fella over the course of us chatting said he owned this sports car, he showed me a video, I thought it was cool but it didn't impress me, not too mad in to cars. This part will make sense as the story unfolds.
I was coming from Dublin back down to my home one afternoon, I was at a friend's house the previous night & asked did he fancy coming down for the day & get the bus back. He accepted, all good. We get all frisky on the couch & head upstairs, I am not just saying this to be mean but the sex was completely mediocre, he sweated so much my hands kept slipping off of his back, it was quite nasty. He also never smelt of anything, as though he hadn't had a fresh shower or sprayed on a bit of aftershave which was a bit strange. Actually the previous fella was a bit on the BO side as well now I think of it. Not sure what that's about. I said I was cooking us dinner so I head downstairs & put it on, when it was pretty much ready I called him. He said he was coming down. 20 minutes later he hasn't come down so I go up to him & say its getting cold, he comes down barely even picks at it because he's a skinny little $#*! then we drink cans & watch TV. Oh I mentioned I had some weed upstairs from ages ago when I went to a festival, we must've been talking about smoking at one stage. He asked could he have some so I went & got it & he rolled it up etc & smokes the whole lot, never even got offered any of my own drugs haha!! Probably went to bed after, the next morning I got down & put us on some toast & cereal that he likes & a cup of coffee. I bring it up in a tray & he goes "think I'll keep you" which is so flattering but so cringe as I was already going off him, he just waffled so much. We bummed in bed for a while, he wanted to stream a film in my room so you're talking 2 more hours being confined to a room. This would be ideal if it was with someone ili actually wanted to spend time with. I asked him did he want to do something, we couldn't think of anything so I got my mate to text me to say her Mum was in hospital so I could leave. It wasn't a lie but she's been there for a while so I dropped him to the bus station and he left. Freedom.
Now he doesn't seem too bad but it was his constant messaging that was beginning to wear me down & he was always liking and sharing $#*! on Facebook, your talking 50 things a day, no exaggeration. I gave myself a few days to think about things then I was like $#*! it we'll meet up again. He was going to drive but suddenly him & his Dad share it so he couldn't bring it. This "sports car" was never seen or mentioned again, probably just borrowed it for 5 mins & got someone to record it! It didn't matter, the bus goes down near mine so say the bus he got was due to stop near my estate at 3, I drove to the bus stop just so he wouldn't get lost actually walking to my place, it wasn't far but I wasn't sure if he'd remember. So I see the bus he's on pull up & no one gets off. That's strange I'm thinking because he knew to stop there. So I'm following the bus into town for it's next stop like a spa. He gets off & goes to cross the road, I'm waving like crazy at him, he doesn't see me then I beep the horn & then he acknowledges me. He opens the passenger door & I ask him did he not think I'd be waiting for him, then he said that he was going to go into a pub for a bit to charge his phone to message me. I'm thinking well if you didn't like & share the bejesus out of your phone battery like a normal person then your phone wouldn't be flat! We go back to mine for a bit, prob shift etc then we were both hungry so instead of cooking we decided to get a chippers. He orders his then I order mine, we get to the till & the cashier asks were we paying together or separate. Simple question. Your man doesn't reply even though he's first at the counter so I just said "separate" to save the awkward silence. It was a bit annoying seeing as I cooked & bought us drinks the first time, thought he'd at least cover my wrap & chips, hardly breaking the bank!
He went home the next day & that's the last I saw of him. I messaged him very politely saying I wasn't ready for a relationship, he said it was fine & that if I ever changed my mind to get back to him. Oh I just remembered he sent me a million awful selfies a day, a video of him playing the bongos which was so awkward to watch, a sound clip of him playing the harmonica to that song "creep" & he also put a collage of my photos together with love hearts around it before we even met. The two times he came down my way I noticed on Facebook that he wrote my hometown on his status spelt arse ways with a happy face as well. Sad really. All bits are only coming to me now, he was obsessed with star signs & because we were both Sagittarius he was full sure that we were meant to be together.
After he sent that reasonable reply I said thanks & take care. Well, not even an hour passed & he got pissed off with me asking why was I on a dating site if I wasn't ready for a relationship then he told me his Dad was in hospital. I have probably missed out a lot more to this story as things are only really coming back to me now, the order mightn't be accurate but all this happened. I actually think I broke it off before & he said his Dad was rushed to hospital & this was the second & last time I broke it off for real, that's when he said his Dad was dying. Convenient. Prior to this he did get very obsessive with copying & pasting the way Sagittarius people think etc, it was too much. I blocked him on everything except bloody Viber because I completely forgot then I get "Now I know the real you, good luck to you $#*!" & I just replied "have fun harassing the next girl" then he got nasty saying he was gonna send some videos of me to my work place. By videos they're not what they sound, they were me embarrassingly miming on dubsmash nothing sexual! And I was like "yeah work away" then he said I was fat with horrible tits & that it was no wonder my boyfriend left me, which wasn't even true. What are you, 12? I put a laughing face and said "I never said I was skinny & yeah my tits aren't great." Then he replies "I'm glad we got all the anger out, I really like you" bla bla bla. I told him to please stop contacting me. Later on he rang me on Viber saying how he was crying so much, it sounded so pathetic. My sister actually recorded the whole thing! Then his Dad "died". I felt terrible if this was true, but I knew it was lies. I went along with it asking did he need support at the funeral "I'm not going to the funeral" he replied. I was like you have to go, it's your Dad. "I told him when he was here that I wouldn't go" as you do! So I looked up all deaths with his surname, nothing. Then I looked up deaths in his area, still nothing. A few days had passed & I got a message off him on Facebook, I'd unblocked him as I wanted to see did he put anything up about his Dad. He asked did I want to meet up for some "crazy, funky sex" I declined, as tempting as it was. Ha. He said he could make me scream all night & I just asked why he didn't do that the times we were together already, he said something along the lines of because we didn't really know each other. I said that trying to hook up with someone should be the last thing on his mind after burying a parent. He then sends me a pic of his horrible $#*!. Then I asked him why did he & his Dad have different surnames? Now, this wouldn't have made any sense to someone normal. He replies "he wasn't my real Dad" I ask "he was your step Dad?" "No he was like my real Dad, my real Dad died when I was 6 months old" I then send an image of a bull$#*!-o-meter going off the scale. He said I was heartless etc. then goes back to asking for sex. Blocked!! That was the end of him!! Half expected him to get a bus down to murder me haha!!

In between these online flings I have been seeing a few people I met in real life but they were no better. Liked me for 5 minutes then ditched. I think there's more wrong with me than I think!

SUBJECT 3 - POF 2015

Talked for a few days, he was 34 or so & he had children which never bothered me before but my ex has children & I don't think I have room in my heart to be getting involved again. Selfish maybe but honest. We talked for a bit via POF and as I was talking to a few others he was pushed aside. It happens to us all, you get into conversation with someone for a few hours, someone "better" takes your fancy & so forth. Anyway that same evening he practically begged me to give him a chance, he wasn't too far from me so I said feck it, I'll give it a go.
Met up one afternoon, might have been the following day, well what a sweetie, I could tell he was nervous, he kept saying it too. He seemed very into me, really flattering but kind of too much too soon. He asked me during the date would I meet him again. I said yes & I did. I did fancy him he just seemed too intense & kissing him was almost forced, he would randomly just put his arms around me & kiss me. Sounds lovely but we were strangers. Can't say a bad word about him though. A lovely guy. It ended when he asked me during the second date would I see him again, kind of put on the spot there. I said yes, which I meant at that time. I was talking to another lad as well & lost interest. He text me asking would I meet up again & I honestly just said I couldn't commit to anything. That was the end of that.
Actually he makes me realise that there are genuinely sweet people on the site. We made Facebook friends & I see he is now in a relationship & I am delighted for him, he deserves to be happy.

SUBJECT 4 - POF 2015

Nice to look at, in his early 30's, lived practically 2 minutes up the road from my parents. Met the same evening as a date with "subject 3", prob a bit bad but it happened.
Met at his place, he looked as good as his photos, well let's just say there was absolutely no chemistry what so ever. I had more craic with his dog. His Dad arrived to the house unexpectedly & I got on better with him, seriously!! After a pleasant evening of chatting like we were two awkward teenagers. We shared an awkward, no chemistry at all kiss outside. It was so cold my lips were shuddering aswell!! Said our goodbyes. He text me that evening making sure I got home safe, I'd already fallen asleep but I replied the next day. Never a second "date" but he actually text me last week (2+ months after) so he either was bored or no one is interested in replying to him. Not a bad guy just no chemistry. I had actually forgotten about him!

SUBJECT 5 - POF 2015

Now this lad was perfect, I'm talking got on via texting from the get go. He was 36. We actually met on a Friday after only after starting to talk on a Wednesday. We met half way in a pub Friday evening, he hands me a box of Butlers chocolates, how sweet. Although he was shorter than I expected I found him attractive, a bit goofy but he said he was getting braces, I didn't even mind the goofiness it was cute. The conversation was just flowing, we laughed, both asked questions that came out naturally, we actually kissed which felt to me like the most amazing kiss you could imagine for a first date. We both walked towards our cars, kissed again then drove home. I actually rang my friend on the way home saying how crazy well we got on, the perfect date. I get home & he messaged "Hope you got home safe, great date x" & I replied that I got home safe & agreed that we got on well. We messaged each other every day without fail, there were no games, sometimes I messaged first, sometimes him, it was just perfect. The next time we met he met me in a pub near where I worked, like the first time, the conversation was flowing, we kissed, we had a connection, it went great. The only thing I will say is he mentioned that he used to take "E" a lot which is a strong drug, I wasn't brought up around that. I was quite surprised as he seemed really intelligent. We laughed, kissed, he had his arm around me. At the end of the date we said our goodbyes and he would've either messaged me that night or the day after. I can't quite remember where we met the 3rd time, cinema & dinner possibly, but it wasn't until the 4th time that we slept together which as you can guess, was amazing! We met on average 3 days a week, he always made the effort. We took it in turns to cover dates/dinners. All so perfect. This went on for around 8 weeks of texting & even talking on the phone most evenings. By week 6 or so I asked him did he fancy going to a concert with me, he accepted. Now within those 8 or so weeks he had met my 2 sisters & good few of my friends who he got along with. He even met my Mum accidentally. After the concert we & 3 of my friends went for a few drinks. We walked along the quays hand in hand & I stayed at his, met his housemate, all was good. I was going on holidays on the Monday and the concert was on the Friday before hand. He dropped me back to my mates place (my car was at hers) Saturday morning after getting breakfast rolls for ourselves & the others. He stayed for a bit then headed on & we arranged to meet on Sunday. He came over on Sunday, we went out for dinner which he covered like a gent. We kissed goodbye for ages & he said he'd miss my lips. We did a hell of a lot of kissing. 2 days into my holiday we are messaging just fine, he sends kisses etc. I was over on holidays for a wedding, the wedding was on Wednesday, this is where it all ended. I'm setting the scene, I'm at a wedding, it's about 5/6pm give or take, I've been drinking rather large measurements of vodka since 2pm. It's all lovey dovey & beautiful. When suddenly, 2 things that should never be able to be in contact with each other: alcohol & a mobile phone. The devil's combination. This is all I remember as I am a mess but I text him with something along the lines of "I think I'm falling for you" I know I know, it's been 2 months & it's too soon for that. I was drunk, I was at a wedding etc. well I can't remember the reply as I go and delete our entire "relationship" worth of messages out of drunken stubbornness. I know he said he didn't see us going anywhere, I'm too young etc. And this fella only a few days before hand when I asked what would I refer to him as to my friends we were going to the concert with. He says "well boyfriend" so his words there.

That was the end of my most "perfect" POF date in the matter of seconds. Do I regret sending that text? A little, but I keep telling myself how many more months would I have wasted with him if I hadn't have written that. Things happen for a reason. And because I'm quite emotionally immature sometimes & it makes my feel better. Here's a list of his faults, enjoy:

•Told me he had a fear of cardigans
•He didn't like me rubbing his upper arms or lower back in case I stretched his t-shirts
•Takes "E"
•Wore that stupid string that old or simple people wear on all his sunglasses
•Asked me to wash my mouth with soap when I kissed my dog before I kissed him
•I went down on him once then when we got down to business he went all strange when I kissed him, he then says he's funny about that & asked could I rinse my mouth out. I just didn't bother kissing him.

It's amazing what exceptions you make when you like someone.

Actually think I'm done with lads, I've been talking to my ex a lot so I wouldn't be surprised if we try things again.

I don't believe everyone on POF is a complete weirdo I just thing the human race is getting greedy, thinking they can always get someone better. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. I'm still a good few years off my 30's, these lads are getting closer to 40, God knows what they're really looking for.

All the best :)

gregm65
7/5/15

I've had an account on this site for several years. No one has ever responded, I've never been contacted, and POF has tried to lure me with fake matches a number of times. By going to "Who's Viewed Me", I've found that in every such case, the person in question hasn't even looked at my profile.

EVERY time I've done a search on POF, I get the result Not Enough Matches. Please Widen Your Search. The Search feature only goes up to 200 km, so widening one's search is nonsense.

I've never met anyone on POF, and I don't know of anyone who has.

It's a scam and a waste of money.

Tip for consumers: Don't get sucked in. This site is a complete waste of time and money.

lizh19
7/4/15

The worst dating site ever. Full of fake profiles and men just looking for sex. POF seems to have no control over who joins. I don't think I had a message from one normal, intelligent man. Should be renamed Plenty of Chavs!

chelseal4
7/1/15

I recently decided to try online dating for the first time and decided to give this site a shot because it was the most popular free site, and I wasn't looking to spend money on something I wasn't sure about anyway. I made a profile and uploaded some pictures and waited. Sure enough I was getting tons of messages a day from guys in my area. I was excited about the good chance at meeting someone, since it's hard to do so once you leave college, have a job, and aren't thrilled about meeting guys at the bar. I found out rather quickly though that most of the people on the site aren't people I was even remotely interested in. Middle-aged men constantly messaged me asking me if I want a sugar daddy or a lot of guys looking for sex. Now, I understand no matter where you go or what you do you're going to get people like that, but it was ridiculous. Out of all of the messages I got I only got a few that really made me want to talk to the guys. They seemed normal at first, but then if I wasn't able to meet up/reluctant to yet would get irrationally angry, acted like they were in love with me and said really obsessive things before even meeting me etc. And a lot of these guys were very attractive and seemed like they had a lot going for them in their lives. I was getting more and more frustrated because I wasn't finding what I wanted at all. I met with a few guys I talked to for a little on the site and I can tell you none of them were how they made themselves out to be over the internet. Pretty much to sum up this site it consists of people looking to hook up with people in their area, people with mental/psychological issues or people who are completely socially inept. Waste of time if you're actually looking for a serious relationship and want to meet someone.

ruthannc
6/29/15

Beware ... the site does accumulate profile information and apparently sells it to foreign countries. I found my profile (via Google) in both German and Portugese ... I do not speak either language and have no intention of visiting either country.

Once I contacted Customer Service about the problem my (United States) profile was deleted. I could not log in with my user name/password and the (not so much) help link where I enter my email address to reset my password indicated the email address was not found in the database.

I tried emailing Customer Service and also legal@plentyoffish.com and got no response from either email address.

The short time my profile was active the only men I met were married with severe cases of "marital amnesia". It is definitely NOT the way to meet a quality man for a relationship.

bridgetl3
6/29/15

Beyond sad place to actually seek out a real relationship. Full of men looking to get laid. Dont waste your time or money on this.

dawnb25
6/27/15

Most of the men that were or still on there are users and all they want is a booty call!! I was taken advantage of by one user who lied about his relationship status! Then I was caught up with a scammers he said he was in the military and had me open a bank account and send funds to Nigeria! So if you use this site BEWARE!!!!

debouish
6/26/15

Avoid POF like the plague, the site is a waste of time and joke. A majority of the women on the site are only looking to waste time with you texting them, but have no intention of meeting up in person. I have also noticed when you call the women out on their bull$#*! they get pissed off. Beware of the women that have sex for money, they are on the site as well, but list the profession as stay at home mom or other. After being on POF I have basically lost all respect I have for women, the site is full of the entitled single moms that think the world owes them something and should help them with the mistake they made by having kids they barely can support. Do not pay for a membership on this site I have noticed that they will send out many meet me emails of people that want to me you, but when you go on the site to look for some odd reason that people have deleted their profiles from the site, this is clearly a way for the owners of POF to sucker someone out of paying for a memembership. I am sure a majority of those meet me emails of users are fake.

chelseas14
6/25/15

I Met my love been together for almost a year. Perfect match.

dalglishk
6/23/15

Rubbish customer service who don't reply to emails, had a serious problem regarding someone hacking into my profile, emailed pof and several times and never got an email back, never trust the back ground of this site especially when something goes wrong.

christind1
6/22/15

As a woman on this site, it has it's ups and downs.. in 2012 I was on the site after 5 years of being single from a really bad relationship. it was only a year long, but it taught me to be careful about who I give my heart too. I finally decided to jump back in, since I worked really stupid hours, I rarely had time to go out, and when I did go out, I hated being hit on by creepy bar guys. it's just not my style. I got on POF and was on it for about 3 months. I chatted to a couple guys here and there, but none kept my attention. once I got past the "hi" emails (saying nothing but that) I got frustrated and went to delete my account. I logged in and saw the "potential matches" on the top bar. I saw a cute guy (finally) and checked out his profile. we had a ton of stuff in common, he was attractive, and was right up my alley, as I was trying to figure out how to delete my profile for good, he sent me a message saying he wasn't an a-hole and he enjoyed reading my profile and seeing how much we had in common. (EVERY person's dream on pof. someone who pays attention to who I am) we started talking, and met 2 weeks later. turns out he was on the same day as me to delete his profile! it stemmed into an almost 3 year relationship. I was thankful for POF, and it had its ups and downs. I eventually left because he had addiction problems I couldn't handle anymore. We still keep in contact here and there, and he seems to be doing better. I was single a good 8 months, went through a quick 5 month relationship that ended HORRIBLY. and was single for 3 months and decided to get back on POF, and I was on for a good 2 months, and not 1 email, message, wink, or flirt. I don't write a lot, I'm honest, I have well over 6 great pictures of myself, mentioned what I'm looking for ect. and it's been silent. Everyday. I have men looking at my profile, but nothing. Even the ones I message-silence. I deleted my account and have been off since. I guess that 1 time was my time.. I used to recommend it to everyone, but now, I don't think i'll ever go back on there. Paying is just a stupid waste of money.

Tip for consumers: just keep an eye for red flags, pictures that don't look the same, and creepy guys well over their 50's or from out of the country. I wish they would Facebook verify or something to prove they're real.

patc58
6/22/15

they lie to you
plain and simple
dont give CC info or any personal info

ianh52
6/18/15

In order to get to the Top of their rankings l had to give it five stars, but really it is a crap site as although l do recognise a few genuine local ladies l suspect that many ate fake profiles made up from a worlwide info bank that they passoff as local tp me .Some photos show European plug sockets & some usa of girls who are said to be in Uk.Also l recognise one girls photo taken 6 years ago as still being local and avail..but she moved 100 miles away is happily married and with baby.lt is not free .it is hard to find the true profiles and they send me profiles way outside my preference limit.However they left the back door wide open as this blog has let me put my contact details within this report for savvy girls to be able to contact me direct.So if you are a fit , intelligent lady 23-43 , ptref a slim non smoker about five four inches to 5 seven. size 8.10..then take advantage of this blog as several ladies have done already & texas me on .Oh 75 two, ninety sex ,treble Four & 9 sex again. I'm into Tantra , fit non smoker, & multiple orgs are guaranteed , in technicolour if you are lucky.if you have a clit piecing it can enjoy some tongue tennis.l can accom or travel to you & bring my madsage oils with me. hope you found this helpful.

charlesc83
6/18/15

This site POF is advertised as free, but why does it want me to upgrade for a monthly fee to see other parts like chatting?

stephena28
6/17/15

ear plenty of fish, my wife formerly MARY CHANCIE now MARY ALLEN and I STEPHEN ALLEN would like to thank your site for giving us the Avenue to meet. We met in April 2013 on your site. We were married on MAY 4TH 2015. We would love to send you a wedding photo.

philb17
6/17/15

i did the same spent some time filling in all the questions got access to the site logged off but couldn't log back on despite receiving a email from POF the site now doesn't recognize my email address, so this evening i registered under a different email address and the same thing happened so now I'm thinking it might be a age discrimination thing I'm 66 year old male

williamj50
6/16/15

I posted a profile on POF in the last six weeks, decided it wasn't for me. After letting my profile lay dormant for three weeks, tried to re- access my profile and was unable. Site said I was using wrong password? Used password reset prompt no less than 6 times and am still unable to access my profile. I am assuming their business model is to accumulate as many user registries as possible so as to sell more memberships. You can quickly lose control of your identity on this site. Be very careful!!

ryang28
6/11/15

Out of the 8 months I've been a member, I've sent dozens of messages to women who I genuinely wanted to get to know. 99% will either delete the message without reading it or read it and ignore it. And I'm not talking messages that read "hey sexy" I'm talking about reading their entire profile and askng about things like hobbies, favorite foods/movies, and activities. Nothing. Don't bother paying for this. Not worth the money or time

donaldg20
6/9/15

I recently had a very unpleasant exchange with artisticnaturelover, a member of POF, which really set me aside to finally realize the quality of people on the site. Many of the women will give out a phone number but they never answer the phone or respond to text messages. You then message them through the site and still no answer. But artisticnaturelover was just above and beyond the most depraved woman I've encountered online! From her photos she looks like this classy lady but on the inside she's evil spirited and narcissistic, a real witch. Her inability to control her rage is what makes her impossible to deal with, combine that with her low intelligence and its just a recipe for disaster!

Its unfortunate that POF doesn't seem to attract quality people...

christinap17
6/8/15

you message back a guy who you foind equllay attractive , speak online a couple of times, then they don't talk to you anymore. any guy is on here, are full of $#*! when he says he shows respect. the respectful thing to do is tell someone it's not going to work out. none of these men do that, they have crap on this website. markcus, the fpunder of POF can spend all the money he wants ads(I was on youtube and saw he put an ad for his website) , but the people he allows on his website are garbage. go somewhere where they don't allow so many jerks! this should be called plenty of $#*!ups!

peggyh15
6/7/15

I met the most amazing man on this site. We met May 27 2014, had our first date this same day and the rest is history. We are now engaged and planning the rest of our life together, we have never been happier. Thank you POF for making this possible. Peggy and Dave

noneo4
6/7/15

The men on POF are very deceiving and they can easily lie about their life, mental stability, and their past. Ran into what seemed like a charming fellow. We met, we hit it off smooth. He began to be very OBSESSIVE after only a few days btw and had stalker-like tendencies and he somehow got in contact with an ex-boyfriend of mine to "find out if I was a truth-teller". I was very disgusted and no matter how many times I said I didn't want a relationship he would beg me and try to get me to move out of state with him. He always found a reason/way to contact me. Apart from that god awful experience...the men on here are very desperate for sex. This site is for those who are overweight, have mental issues, in the army (yes..so many army men), or are white trash...POF has people who have a hard time finding love elsewhere because they are so mentally $#*!ed it's easier for them to lie about who they are behind a computer screen rather than meeting someone from a bar, cafe, whatever... Very disappointed. Would give 0 stars if that was option. Wouldn't suggest POF to the most desperate guy/gal on the planet.

estherm23
6/5/15

You ought to be sued for not doing background checks on the people you put on that site. My sister used your site and her date turned out to be a total criminal with a history of domestic abuse and violence, drug use, identify theft and gave her a black eye. You should remove this predator from your files. His name is Erich Arlt and he lives in Tacoma WA.

julies61
6/4/15

So Irishlucky83 which is Craig Stevens in real life lies about his profile. He does not tell women that he has some severe mental illnesses that can make him very obsessive. He comes off saying he has a construction job when he has no job at all and lives off of SSDI. He also does not tell you that he has no manners, drinks non-stop and is very childish. My experience with this individual was he had some major issues , often drinking, smoking pot and cigarettes while taking mental meds, anti psychotic drugs, his behavior was very child like and he has no friends because he starts fights with all of them. I stayed for awhile because i thought i could help this person because he does come off likeable but once i saw how he watched me from his porch, got mad at me for having friends and thought i should spend every waking minute with him it all begin to be a little much so i let him go. Beware of this person he has bad issues with women due to he and his mothers relationship issues and he cannot let go of the past that is all he talks about all the time. He will come off nice then drain the hell out of you. I wish him well in life but i am serious beware. Pof is exactly where he found me and everything on that site is a lie.

paulb184
6/4/15

Pof found me the love of my life! Thank you!
i recomend pof... if you are serious... you will find happiness!

moonw
6/2/15

So much fake account on that site it is incredible. How you find it it is fake? simple just save their pictures and search their pictures on google.
1. Fake accounts
2. Weirdos that want to exchange naked pictures.
3. Men creating female accounts to get your information's, naked pictures or talking dirty with you.
4. Some using famous people pictures, actors or actress. Or worst using under age girls pictures or killers that was posted in online newspapers.

You report them and they don't get deleted. Even if you give them evidence they don't delete any female accounts because it make them look more popular.

Good luck finding a real fish on that site...because beside that, that place smell like rotten fish and they should be investigate.

jk80
5/30/15

POS is sexist. POS kicks men off for NO reason. They should be investigated for sexual discrimination.

My opinion.

jamesr127
5/30/15

More baggage than a Boeing 747. At least 90% must be Bipolar as well....one day they are wildly enthusiastic, then disappear for no reason...I suspect that their husband, boyfriend or parents clued into what they're doing and they were grounded! LOL. They have more issues than you can shake a stick at. All except for 2 of the women I messaged were constantly going on about their busy, active, successful lifestyles, tons of friends and a FULL social chandler. They made it sound like they were doing you a FAVOR by arranging to meet. Yeah, we'll schedule it for sometime this month (hopefully).

If they're that fulfilled with their life and too busy too meet someone, then why the H**l are they even on the site? Must be pretty insecure if they need to brag themselves up that much! If I wanted to find out about your fabulous and successful private life, your many accomplishments and achievements, and that your family, friends, pets etc will always come first, I'll join your Facebook page.....NOT! Personally, I believe that most women on this site (and I can only speak for the female population on POF as that's what my "looking for" field was set at) :-) are unavailable (or just plain messed up) for various reasons and just trolling for compliments and "hits" to feed their egos. This site is not about "look FOR me" but rather "look AT me". As if Facebook isn't bad enough, we now have another free medium for the insecure to promote themselves! Pathetic!

I agree that free dating sites, while a noble effort on the part of the devloper/s, can not compensate for human nature. We are a messed up species. On BTW, if you're not financially independent with a high flying career, please save yourself a lot of pain and aggravation and DO NOT BOTHER JOINING. Bottom line....that's what your success hinges on. Under those conditions, you may pick up a shallow gold digger!

semand
5/29/15

I have tried using the site. And I feel it's not very good.

josiek3
5/29/15

No one wants to meet if so for that night

simonh60
5/29/15

I bought a 3 month subscription and my account was deleted a month into it. Sent an email to customer service, got a an auto-response that said someone would get back to me. It's been 26 days now and no response!

I'm close to calling my credit card company and disputing the charge.

amberf12
5/28/15

I've been a member of POF since December 27 of last yr. My friend Brooke told me abt it and she and I both have our share of both good and bad luck. I only joined POF bc I was tired of being single. I'd been single almost five mnths and my very first nite on POF, I met a super sweet guy named Jeremy and we still txt each other everyday, exactly five mnths later as of yesterday. But I was still curious abt other guys and kept my options open. Ive messaged several people the last five mnths and have only had luck staying in touch 2 abbsolutly amazing guys. The rest I talked to once or nt at all and never heard from them again. Im 23 and I make it clear tht I only want to talk to guys tht r between my age and 30.
I've learned over the past mnth tht older guys in their late 20s r most DEFINATELY more mature than some kid just out of high school. Every single guy, no matter how old they r, r sincerely looking for their soul mate. yes, at first, they may at first seem like horn dogs and male shovenist pigs, but if u really take the time to get to know somebody, then u realize tht their heart is in the right place trying to look for someone tht they want to marry some day. just give POF a shot.

kayb24
5/28/15

I have been reminded by one of these comments on here about men looking for sex,, on pof. Those looking for sex shouldn't be able to view and contact other people looking for love. People without pictures shouldn't be able to view people with pictures. It's very annoying. In fact there shouldn't be an option on the site, for those people looking for sex. Sex sites are for that kind of desperation.

24 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the POF staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: PLENTY OF FISH=BULL$#*!! IN FACT ANY SINGLES SITES ARE DEPENDANT! ON THE HONESTY OF THOSE USING THEM?? ~HERES THE MAIN PROBLEM! IF YOU LOCATE A SOMEONE AFTER GOD KNOWS HOW MANY WEEKS, THEN YOU START TO DATE-THATS EVEN IF YOU GET THAT FAR? BUYING MEALS -TRAVEL AND GAS BILLS ETC, AND THINGS SEEM TO BE GOING OKAY! THEN WHAM! ONE OF YOU! NO LONGER RESPONDS DUH!
WHY YOU SAY?? NINE TIMES OUT OF TEN ITS BECAUSE YOU CANT RESIST FLIRTING= AND SO YOU ARE STILL MONITORING AND RECEIVING REPLIES FROM CLUB MEMBERS ON YOU PC OR I/PHONE- AND YES! YOU KNOW THE REST DONT YOU? ITS JUST AN ON-GOING GAME AND YOU LIKELY TURN INTO COUGARS AND PLAYERS!! UNTILL ITS WRITTEN ALL OVER YOU! AND (NO WANTS) YOU UNLESS ITS JUST FOR A QUICK HIGH RISK LAY! THEN YOU LOOK IN THE MIRROR=ITS GAME OVER-
MICKSTER
8/28/13
Answer
sugars
A: POF is not free at all, you have to upgrade; become a paying member to be able to do anything interesting.
6/27/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: How do you delete a man you no longer want on your page? He's a total fake!!!
4/5/15
Answer
carolynh28
A: Fake doesn't really describe them... more like downright liars!!!
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the POF staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

6 Photos for POF