US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

michaelp114

The problem is you have like 7 men to every 1 women. (in 61 reviews)

rons54

Funny how people complain about "customer service" on POF. (in 16 reviews)

paigen

I made it clear in my profile I was not looking for a hook up or one night stands and what I was looking for. (in 95 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

gregm65
7/5/15

I've had an account on this site for several years. No one has ever responded, I've never been contacted, and POF has tried to lure me with fake matches a number of times. By going to "Who's View Me", I've found that in every such case, the person in question hasn't even looked at my profile.

EVERY time I've done a search on POF, I get the result Not Enough Matches. Please Widen Your Search. The Search feature only goes up to 200 km, so widening one's search is nonsense.

I've never met anyone on POF, and I don't know of anyone who has.

It's a scam and a waste of money.

Tip for consumers: Don't get sucked in. This site is a complete waste of time and money.

lizh19
7/4/15

The worst dating site ever. Full of fake profiles and men just looking for sex. POF seems to have no control over who joins. I don't think I had a message from one normal, intelligent man. Should be renamed Plenty of Chavs!

chelseal4
7/1/15

I recently decided to try online dating for the first time and decided to give this site a shot because it was the most popular free site, and I wasn't looking to spend money on something I wasn't sure about anyway. I made a profile and uploaded some pictures and waited. Sure enough I was getting tons of messages a day from guys in my area. I was excited about the good chance at meeting someone, since it's hard to do so once you leave college, have a job, and aren't thrilled about meeting guys at the bar. I found out rather quickly though that most of the people on the site aren't people I was even remotely interested in. Middle-aged men constantly messaged me asking me if I want a sugar daddy or a lot of guys looking for sex. Now, I understand no matter where you go or what you do you're going to get people like that, but it was ridiculous. Out of all of the messages I got I only got a few that really made me want to talk to the guys. They seemed normal at first, but then if I wasn't able to meet up/reluctant to yet would get irrationally angry, acted like they were in love with me and said really obsessive things before even meeting me etc. And a lot of these guys were very attractive and seemed like they had a lot going for them in their lives. I was getting more and more frustrated because I wasn't finding what I wanted at all. I met with a few guys I talked to for a little on the site and I can tell you none of them were how they made themselves out to be over the internet. Pretty much to sum up this site it consists of people looking to hook up with people in their area, people with mental/psychological issues or people who are completely socially inept. Waste of time if you're actually looking for a serious relationship and want to meet someone.

ruthannc
6/29/15

Beware ... the site does accumulate profile information and apparently sells it to foreign countries. I found my profile (via Google) in both German and Portugese ... I do not speak either language and have no intention of visiting either country.

Once I contacted Customer Service about the problem my (United States) profile was deleted. I could not log in with my user name/password and the (not so much) help link where I enter my email address to reset my password indicated the email address was not found in the database.

I tried emailing Customer Service and also legal@plentyoffish.com and got no response from either email address.

The short time my profile was active the only men I met were married with severe cases of "marital amnesia". It is definitely NOT the way to meet a quality man for a relationship.

bridgetl3
6/29/15

Beyond sad place to actually seek out a real relationship. Full of men looking to get laid. Dont waste your time or money on this.

dawnb25
6/27/15

Most of the men that were or still on there are users and all they want is a booty call!! I was taken advantage of by one user who lied about his relationship status! Then I was caught up with a scammers he said he was in the military and had me open a bank account and send funds to Nigeria! So if you use this site BEWARE!!!!

debouish
6/26/15

Avoid POF like the plague, the site is a waste of time and joke. A majority of the women on the site are only looking to waste time with you texting them, but have no intention of meeting up in person. I have also noticed when you call the women out on their bull$#*! they get pissed off. Beware of the women that have sex for money, they are on the site as well, but list the profession as stay at home mom or other. After being on POF I have basically lost all respect I have for women, the site is full of the entitled single moms that think the world owes them something and should help them with the mistake they made by having kids they barely can support. Do not pay for a membership on this site I have noticed that they will send out many meet me emails of people that want to me you, but when you go on the site to look for some odd reason that people have deleted their profiles from the site, this is clearly a way for the owners of POF to sucker someone out of paying for a memembership. I am sure a majority of those meet me emails of users are fake.

chelseas14
6/25/15

I Met my love been together for almost a year. Perfect match.

dalglishk
6/23/15

Rubbish customer service who don't reply to emails, had a serious problem regarding someone hacking into my profile, emailed pof and several times and never got an email back, never trust the back ground of this site especially when something goes wrong.

christind1
6/22/15

As a woman on this site, it has it's ups and downs.. in 2012 I was on the site after 5 years of being single from a really bad relationship. it was only a year long, but it taught me to be careful about who I give my heart too. I finally decided to jump back in, since I worked really stupid hours, I rarely had time to go out, and when I did go out, I hated being hit on by creepy bar guys. it's just not my style. I got on POF and was on it for about 3 months. I chatted to a couple guys here and there, but none kept my attention. once I got past the "hi" emails (saying nothing but that) I got frustrated and went to delete my account. I logged in and saw the "potential matches" on the top bar. I saw a cute guy (finally) and checked out his profile. we had a ton of stuff in common, he was attractive, and was right up my alley, as I was trying to figure out how to delete my profile for good, he sent me a message saying he wasn't an a-hole and he enjoyed reading my profile and seeing how much we had in common. (EVERY person's dream on pof. someone who pays attention to who I am) we started talking, and met 2 weeks later. turns out he was on the same day as me to delete his profile! it stemmed into an almost 3 year relationship. I was thankful for POF, and it had its ups and downs. I eventually left because he had addiction problems I couldn't handle anymore. We still keep in contact here and there, and he seems to be doing better. I was single a good 8 months, went through a quick 5 month relationship that ended HORRIBLY. and was single for 3 months and decided to get back on POF, and I was on for a good 2 months, and not 1 email, message, wink, or flirt. I don't write a lot, I'm honest, I have well over 6 great pictures of myself, mentioned what I'm looking for ect. and it's been silent. Everyday. I have men looking at my profile, but nothing. Even the ones I message-silence. I deleted my account and have been off since. I guess that 1 time was my time.. I used to recommend it to everyone, but now, I don't think i'll ever go back on there. Paying is just a stupid waste of money.

Tip for consumers: just keep an eye for red flags, pictures that don't look the same, and creepy guys well over their 50's or from out of the country. I wish they would Facebook verify or something to prove they're real.

patc58
6/22/15

they lie to you
plain and simple
dont give CC info or any personal info

ianh52
6/18/15

In order to get to the Top of their rankings l had to give it five stars, but really it is a crap site as although l do recognise a few genuine local ladies l suspect that many ate fake profiles made up from a worlwide info bank that they passoff as local tp me .Some photos show European plug sockets & some usa of girls who are said to be in Uk.Also l recognise one girls photo taken 6 years ago as still being local and avail..but she moved 100 miles away is happily married and with baby.lt is not free .it is hard to find the true profiles and they send me profiles way outside my preference limit.However they left the back door wide open as this blog has let me put my contact details within this report for savvy girls to be able to contact me direct.So if you are a fit , intelligent lady 23-43 , ptref a slim non smoker about five four inches to 5 seven. size 8.10..then take advantage of this blog as several ladies have done already & texas me on .Oh 75 two, ninety sex ,treble Four & 9 sex again. I'm into Tantra , fit non smoker, & multiple orgs are guaranteed , in technicolour if you are lucky.if you have a clit piecing it can enjoy some tongue tennis.l can accom or travel to you & bring my madsage oils with me. hope you found this helpful.

charlesc83
6/18/15

This site POF is advertised as free, but why does it want me to upgrade for a monthly fee to see other parts like chatting?

stephena28
6/17/15

ear plenty of fish, my wife formerly MARY CHANCIE now MARY ALLEN and I STEPHEN ALLEN would like to thank your site for giving us the Avenue to meet. We met in April 2013 on your site. We were married on MAY 4TH 2015. We would love to send you a wedding photo.

philb17
6/17/15

i did the same spent some time filling in all the questions got access to the site logged off but couldn't log back on despite receiving a email from POF the site now doesn't recognize my email address, so this evening i registered under a different email address and the same thing happened so now I'm thinking it might be a age discrimination thing I'm 66 year old male

williamj50
6/16/15

I posted a profile on POF in the last six weeks, decided it wasn't for me. After letting my profile lay dormant for three weeks, tried to re- access my profile and was unable. Site said I was using wrong password? Used password reset prompt no less than 6 times and am still unable to access my profile. I am assuming their business model is to accumulate as many user registries as possible so as to sell more memberships. You can quickly lose control of your identity on this site. Be very careful!!

ryang28
6/11/15

Out of the 8 months I've been a member, I've sent dozens of messages to women who I genuinely wanted to get to know. 99% will either delete the message without reading it or read it and ignore it. And I'm not talking messages that read "hey sexy" I'm talking about reading their entire profile and askng about things like hobbies, favorite foods/movies, and activities. Nothing. Don't bother paying for this. Not worth the money or time

donaldg20
6/9/15

I recently had a very unpleasant exchange with artisticnaturelover, a member of POF, which really set me aside to finally realize the quality of people on the site. Many of the women will give out a phone number but they never answer the phone or respond to text messages. You then message them through the site and still no answer. But artisticnaturelover was just above and beyond the most depraved woman I've encountered online! From her photos she looks like this classy lady but on the inside she's evil spirited and narcissistic, a real witch. Her inability to control her rage is what makes her impossible to deal with, combine that with her low intelligence and its just a recipe for disaster!

Its unfortunate that POF doesn't seem to attract quality people...

christinap17
6/8/15

you message back a guy who you foind equllay attractive , speak online a couple of times, then they don't talk to you anymore. any guy is on here, are full of $#*! when he says he shows respect. the respectful thing to do is tell someone it's not going to work out. none of these men do that, they have crap on this website. markcus, the fpunder of POF can spend all the money he wants ads(I was on youtube and saw he put an ad for his website) , but the people he allows on his website are garbage. go somewhere where they don't allow so many jerks! this should be called plenty of $#*!ups!

peggyh15
6/7/15

I met the most amazing man on this site. We met May 27 2014, had our first date this same day and the rest is history. We are now engaged and planning the rest of our life together, we have never been happier. Thank you POF for making this possible. Peggy and Dave

noneo4
6/7/15

The men on POF are very deceiving and they can easily lie about their life, mental stability, and their past. Ran into what seemed like a charming fellow. We met, we hit it off smooth. He began to be very OBSESSIVE after only a few days btw and had stalker-like tendencies and he somehow got in contact with an ex-boyfriend of mine to "find out if I was a truth-teller". I was very disgusted and no matter how many times I said I didn't want a relationship he would beg me and try to get me to move out of state with him. He always found a reason/way to contact me. Apart from that god awful experience...the men on here are very desperate for sex. This site is for those who are overweight, have mental issues, in the army (yes..so many army men), or are white trash...POF has people who have a hard time finding love elsewhere because they are so mentally $#*!ed it's easier for them to lie about who they are behind a computer screen rather than meeting someone from a bar, cafe, whatever... Very disappointed. Would give 0 stars if that was option. Wouldn't suggest POF to the most desperate guy/gal on the planet.

estherm23
6/5/15

You ought to be sued for not doing background checks on the people you put on that site. My sister used your site and her date turned out to be a total criminal with a history of domestic abuse and violence, drug use, identify theft and gave her a black eye. You should remove this predator from your files. His name is Erich Arlt and he lives in Tacoma WA.

julies61
6/4/15

So Irishlucky83 which is Craig Stevens in real life lies about his profile. He does not tell women that he has some severe mental illnesses that can make him very obsessive. He comes off saying he has a construction job when he has no job at all and lives off of SSDI. He also does not tell you that he has no manners, drinks non-stop and is very childish. My experience with this individual was he had some major issues , often drinking, smoking pot and cigarettes while taking mental meds, anti psychotic drugs, his behavior was very child like and he has no friends because he starts fights with all of them. I stayed for awhile because i thought i could help this person because he does come off likeable but once i saw how he watched me from his porch, got mad at me for having friends and thought i should spend every waking minute with him it all begin to be a little much so i let him go. Beware of this person he has bad issues with women due to he and his mothers relationship issues and he cannot let go of the past that is all he talks about all the time. He will come off nice then drain the hell out of you. I wish him well in life but i am serious beware. Pof is exactly where he found me and everything on that site is a lie.

paulb184
6/4/15

Pof found me the love of my life! Thank you!
i recomend pof... if you are serious... you will find happiness!

moonw
6/2/15

So much fake account on that site it is incredible. How you find it it is fake? simple just save their pictures and search their pictures on google.
1. Fake accounts
2. Weirdos that want to exchange naked pictures.
3. Men creating female accounts to get your information's, naked pictures or talking dirty with you.
4. Some using famous people pictures, actors or actress. Or worst using under age girls pictures or killers that was posted in online newspapers.

You report them and they don't get deleted. Even if you give them evidence they don't delete any female accounts because it make them look more popular.

Good luck finding a real fish on that site...because beside that, that place smell like rotten fish and they should be investigate.

bard102
5/31/15

Handymant3 is a piece of $#*!. Don't think you'll be his one and only. He only wants to $#*! as many women as he can. You'll only be a conquest. Nothing more.

jk80
5/30/15

POS is sexist. POS kicks men off for NO reason. They should be investigated for sexual discrimination.

My opinion.

jamesr127
5/30/15

More baggage than a Boeing 747. At least 90% must be Bipolar as well....one day they are wildly enthusiastic, then disappear for no reason...I suspect that their husband, boyfriend or parents clued into what they're doing and they were grounded! LOL. They have more issues than you can shake a stick at. All except for 2 of the women I messaged were constantly going on about their busy, active, successful lifestyles, tons of friends and a FULL social chandler. They made it sound like they were doing you a FAVOR by arranging to meet. Yeah, we'll schedule it for sometime this month (hopefully).

If they're that fulfilled with their life and too busy too meet someone, then why the H**l are they even on the site? Must be pretty insecure if they need to brag themselves up that much! If I wanted to find out about your fabulous and successful private life, your many accomplishments and achievements, and that your family, friends, pets etc will always come first, I'll join your Facebook page.....NOT! Personally, I believe that most women on this site (and I can only speak for the female population on POF as that's what my "looking for" field was set at) :-) are unavailable (or just plain messed up) for various reasons and just trolling for compliments and "hits" to feed their egos. This site is not about "look FOR me" but rather "look AT me". As if Facebook isn't bad enough, we now have another free medium for the insecure to promote themselves! Pathetic!

I agree that free dating sites, while a noble effort on the part of the devloper/s, can not compensate for human nature. We are a messed up species. On BTW, if you're not financially independent with a high flying career, please save yourself a lot of pain and aggravation and DO NOT BOTHER JOINING. Bottom line....that's what your success hinges on. Under those conditions, you may pick up a shallow gold digger!

semand
5/29/15

I have tried using the site. And I feel it's not very good.

josiek3
5/29/15

No one wants to meet if so for that night

simonh60
5/29/15

I bought a 3 month subscription and my account was deleted a month into it. Sent an email to customer service, got a an auto-response that said someone would get back to me. It's been 26 days now and no response!

I'm close to calling my credit card company and disputing the charge.

amberf12
5/28/15

I've been a member of POF since December 27 of last yr. My friend Brooke told me abt it and she and I both have our share of both good and bad luck. I only joined POF bc I was tired of being single. I'd been single almost five mnths and my very first nite on POF, I met a super sweet guy named Jeremy and we still txt each other everyday, exactly five mnths later as of yesterday. But I was still curious abt other guys and kept my options open. Ive messaged several people the last five mnths and have only had luck staying in touch 2 abbsolutly amazing guys. The rest I talked to once or nt at all and never heard from them again. Im 23 and I make it clear tht I only want to talk to guys tht r between my age and 30.
I've learned over the past mnth tht older guys in their late 20s r most DEFINATELY more mature than some kid just out of high school. Every single guy, no matter how old they r, r sincerely looking for their soul mate. yes, at first, they may at first seem like horn dogs and male shovenist pigs, but if u really take the time to get to know somebody, then u realize tht their heart is in the right place trying to look for someone tht they want to marry some day. just give POF a shot.

kayb24
5/28/15

I have been reminded by one of these comments on here about men looking for sex,, on pof. Those looking for sex shouldn't be able to view and contact other people looking for love. People without pictures shouldn't be able to view people with pictures. It's very annoying. In fact there shouldn't be an option on the site, for those people looking for sex. Sex sites are for that kind of desperation.

raee2
5/28/15

I recently had a pof account and someone whom I know of messaged me in a rude manner of which I did not appreciate and bashed him for it. Then proceeded to email pof because not only is the man married but a pedophillic FELON. Is that really a man you want around yours kids ladies? Oh but do worry he took a plea bargain so his record isn't "that bad". Just saying watch what you do on the internet. But how does POF take the info? They delete me instead cuz I'm rude. HELL YEA I'M GOING TO BE RUDE TO KEEP AWAY SICK PERVERTS. Since I can't give a 0, 1 is the lowest I can go do.

tomj66
5/28/15

I registered at this site and then did a search. Found a couple ladies I might be interested in talking to and tried to do just that.
Just like every other dating site, you must first join and pay with your credit card before you can contact anyone!
The ads of "This couple spent nothing!" are a complete and total lie!

ricks48
5/26/15

POF will kick you off their site with no explanation. Made three attempts to set up a new profile only to be rejected by POF's system. No help is available from POF. I attempted to contact POF and received no response.

carlosm36
5/18/15

Recently cancel my account at POF dating site...my one advice to all men is, "Don't Waste Your Time and Money!!!"
The site is free for women only (site uses them as baite!) Men do paid a pretty high fee for 2 months minimum membership to make up for women free membership!
Since, women don't pay...99.9 percent of them are just, there not even sure of what they want???
Therefore, wasting your time, your patience and obviously your money!
There's not a single human being to talk to...in the event of a problem!
Plus, the site is extremely strict and unfair to men..?
But, ridiculously easy going towards women..! Women can say whatever they want!
And are allowed to post pictures of themselves almost NAKED! or not showing their faces!
Overall...POF as pretty much all dating sites is just a major disappointment!!!
I encourage men to try to meet women im a more traditional or conventional way...
I am 46 yrs old therefore I tend to be old fashioned but, you know some times taking a chance of meeting a nice girl at the Market, Laundry mat, Library, church and so on...it is possible!
All it takes is to be confident enough and clever!
A simple Hello! Could be the start of a meaningful relationship!
Thank you for reading...and good luck!
C. Martinez.

damieni1
5/17/15

Yeah if you're are looking for a complete waste of time???...try POF, the girls on there love to go out on dates

jesse596
5/16/15

I have used POF off and on for about a year. 95% of the guys I have met have done nothing but lie. Dated one guy who told me he was divorced for 4 months before finding out he was really married and still lived with his wife. Met another guy we seemed to have an awesome connection and after telling me he liked me and was excited to get to know me, this is after 2 great dates, he vanishes! Come to find out he has a GF. And if they aren't lying about being married they are looking for you to rescue them from their miserable marriages. Oh and I think someone else mentioned how they write these amazing profiles about wanting love and friendship and their "soul mate" and then you start talking with them and all the want is to hook up. The site is a damn joke.

robertc146
5/11/15

I have tried to warn them several times. Just because someone you meet appears to be "Normal" to you doesn't mean that their personalities can change and they can become psychotic in no time. One guy I know recently met a girl off of POF and now he can't get rid of her and what makes it worse is he led her on into thinking she was going to get into a relationship with him then she really went crazy. The sad part she has his cell phone number, he friended her on Facebook, she can get to him on messenger and she knows where he hangs out, etc. She drove into town this past Saturday and was coming to town to have him arrested for lying on his profile and leading her own, so he is no better for leading the girl on. Stay away from this site... half of these people need to be locked up in a mental institution somewhere. I just hope that if and when any friend of mine decides to meet up with any of the people on there.. that I hear from them again.. I mean seriously..Stay away!!

blueeyedg
5/10/15

I'm a male. Being on here had taught me what to look out for when it comes to profile pics. If the camera angle is looking down on the face- they are fat whales. If they aren't smiling they are boring in life. If they have "just ask me" then they are bland.
You are going to find bad fish and good fish every where you go. Worse are found in a bar. At least here on PoF I have fun rambling on and making new connections. The trick to not having to pay is linking your email to send you notices when someone likes you. Then do a username search to see who it is. Otherwise, you have to pay to see who likes you or wants to meet you.
Tips. Use more than 1 pic. Be funny. Have different pics to show your personality. treat it like a job resume. If you don't catch their attention in the first 30 seconds you are going to be on sitejabber complaining that pof is a scam. It's up to you to make it work.
I have used it for relationships in the Los Angeles area for over two years now. I have a fear of commitment....so the two years is my fault. Not PoFs.

dalep10
5/10/15

I have been trying to use pof for about a year now and to this point all the women I have contacted and there have literally been thousands by this point have all turned out to be the most horrible people I have ever come across they have all been man hating Gold diggers. And dont get me started on the prostitutes on this site I have never sent a inapropriate pic or message that was rude in any way yet again without explination or warning my account was banned and I can not even make a new one not that I would want to that is. I mean the women on this site are more than the scrapings from the bottom of the Barrel they are the filth from underneath the Barrell they are both horrible in personality and in looks I would advise any man to avoid this site unless you enjoy abuse and ill behaviour.

albertp25
5/9/15

I was a POF for awhile already. POF deleted my account for no reason. I never disrespect nor sent any wrong message to any women in POF. Besides, the women on POF, are not very friendly either. I messaged women and give them compliments and they would block you. Women said that "MEN" are FAKES, well a lot of these WOMEN are FAKES as well. This is a TERRIBLE and UNTRUE dating website. Markus, who is the owner should do something about his crappy creation. Mr. Markus, you have created a PATHETIC DATING SITE. You have DELETED me and had have DISCRIMINATED ME by CANCELING MY ACCOUNT. I will report you to every dating site review that I can report. You are racist!!!

dianneh11
5/9/15

I chatted with several gentleman on POF. I met a man, I hate calling him a man because now I realize he's far from a real man. after just knowing him less than a week he asked me to marry him, the first time I said no, the second time I said no, the third time I said yes, but not anytime soon because I had only been divorced a year. after such a short time, he moved into my home and I felt that I had met the man I have waited all my life for. To make a long story short, I financially supported this guy, not one day did he work, he would take up to 3 naps a day, when he was not laying in my bed sleeping, he was sitting on the couch to the point, of a friend saying he is making an indention in your couch! After putting up with this for 3 months, and him living off of me financially, I finally decided it was time for him to go! 3 months was way too long with this person, I want to say his name but I don't know if I could get in trouble for it. I feel like he has been doing this to women, and I would like for someone to tell me if I would get in trouble if I mention his name, because I do not want any other ladies going through this horrible experience! he financially ruined me within 3 months! it is my fault, because I should have kicked him out after a week of him taking money from me and living off of me! But let me go back to where we first met, this guy knows the right things to say, he is a smooth talker and Will make you feel like you're the only one that matters and his life, he will show you pictures of cars that he painted that he probably did not. He will say that he owns many antique cars that he does not! he will say that he owns two and three homes that he does not! So ladies please beware! he lives in Milton Florida, he will tell you that he owns 9 to 10 vehicles, but there's always an excuse why he can't drive one at That time. he is supposed to be an airbrush specialist artist, but I never saw an air brush in his hand. I have been to my attorney, & I am going to Take him to court! he's almost 60 years old, and is living With a Family because he is too sorry to work and pay for his own home!!!

devd2
5/2/15

The owner name this site pof = PLENTY OF FISH, Well I would have named this site powlobdf = PLENTY OF WHOLE LOT OF BIG DAMN FISH, because that's all there is fat overweight females at least 80-85% of them. Now don't get me wrong I would be in the bedroom with her they say big girls do it better. But I seriously don't know about this site the female's on here are straight bosstiee plus the guys on here is $#*!ing it up for the other guys that real about their profile. I'm going to give it 3 months and if nothing am deleting my profile

syreetaj
4/30/15

I POSTED A PROFILE ONCE A YEAR AND A HALF AGO, MY PROFILE WAS SHUT DOWN FOR INDECENT EMAIL??? THEY REVIEWED AGAIN, APOLOGIZED AND LET ME POST A PROFILE AGAIN. HOWEVER, A FEW WEEKS LATER, I D BEING HARASSED BY A MAN WHO SENT TEN EMAILS TO ME A DAY REGARDLESS OF THE FACT THAT I NEVER ANSWERED ANY OF THEM. HIS EMAILS CONSISTED OF NEGATIVE RACIAL REMARKS AND SLURS. UPGRADE THAT I DON'T RESPOND TO HIS MESSAGES. THEY DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE TO BE HARASSED, SSSI I DELETED THE PROFILE. THIS TIME I POSTED A PROFILE, IT WAS UP TWO DAYS AND EVERYTHING LISTED CORRECTLY.... WHEN SOMEONE MESSAGED ME THAT HE DOESN'T "DO THE MAN THING"....I WAS APPAULED THAT SOMEONE WOULD TAKE THE TIME TO MESSAGE ME TO INSULT ME FOR NO REASON..... BUT TO MY COMPLETE AND TOTAL SHOCK IT WAS LISTED AS MAN..... WHEN I FILLED EVERYTHING OUT ACCURATELY AS FEMALE AND WOMAN AND I CAN ASSURE YOU I AM ALL WOMAN. I IMMEDIATELY SENT A EMAIL TO "MARKUS"..... FIX THE PROBLEM, WHICH IT WAS TAKEN CARE OF HOWEVER IT NEVER SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED IN THE FIRST PLACE. THEY CAN KISS MY @$$. TRASHY, UGLY, INCOMPETENT ADMINISTRATORS. UNPROFESSIONALLY RAN AND REPRESENTED. I GIVE THIS SITE TWO THUMBS DOWN AND ONE MIDDLE FINGER UP.

theodoref5
4/28/15

This site is a complete waste of time!! i signed up a week ago with a perfectly appropriate profile and bio, and suddenly i can't log in? i have NEVER sent a inappropriate message to any women and was simply looking for a relationship :'( worst thing is i got a message and cant even reply to it! im glad i didn't pay for the "upgraded" version as that would have been money down the drain!! POF claims to delete any nude or inapprpriate pictures yet for the week i was using the site i saw PLENTY of vile pictures of people throwing themseleves naked infront of the camera!! i even came across a profile that had a COMPLETELY nude picture of that person in there picture gallery and they were practically hinting towards it in there bio!! yet they weren't deleted ?!?! Also my female friend using this site has complained countless times of the amount of scumbags asking for sex in there first message to her?! yet there not deleted and i am?? .....POF FIX UP!!

richardg83
4/28/15

Firstly I have used pof several hundreds of times and whilst the system and makeup of the site itself is relatively good the entire ethic behind it is completely wrong. For men instantly we find that the right to use private images and sending them is disallowed but for women it's fine - men have to pay for the privilege. Many women use captions, fake images and non visible face pictures as profile mains but as a male you will be deleted for doing so. Which again is illegal to do, if someone wishes to represent themselves by a caption of thought on line they are well within their rights legally to do so. When asked why pof discriminates against men and goes against the freedom of expression act they simply refuse to answer. It's also laughable that they call this a dating site considered the majority of women use it as a chat site and reserve the right to block and have deleted any male who suspects her of being misleading. Again pof supports that. If this site doesn't start adhering to the laws of equality and human rights sooner or later someone is going to sue the ass off them. It's a shame that nobody seems to actually do anything about it. My advice stay well clear!!!!

vanessas18
4/26/15

Be very careful my daughter dated a man from this site and when he came over to meet me and he shook my hand I had a really bad feeling but I shook it off thinking it was me being over protective then my Daughter came home upset so I looked him up he had been in prison charged with arson and selling cocaine and battery on a police officer so be very careful on any of these sites.

paigen
4/25/15

I am a separated woman looking to meet decent men for a possible relationship. I made it clear in my profile I was not looking for a hook up or one night stands and what I was looking for. The men on this site are $#*!y and conceited and looking for hook-ups! They say one thing in their profile like wants to find someone to marry and I have good old fashioned values and morals and then they sext you some of the nastiest stuff ever! I am a paying member and still found nothing but player after player. A few of my divorced friends swear they met a great guy on here but I am just not sure where. My advice is to pay for a decent site if you are serious about finding a good guy!!!!!!!!

14 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the POF staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: PLENTY OF FISH=BULL$#*!! IN FACT ANY SINGLES SITES ARE DEPENDANT! ON THE HONESTY OF THOSE USING THEM?? ~HERES THE MAIN PROBLEM! IF YOU LOCATE A SOMEONE AFTER GOD KNOWS HOW MANY WEEKS, THEN YOU START TO DATE-THATS EVEN IF YOU GET THAT FAR? BUYING MEALS -TRAVEL AND GAS BILLS ETC, AND THINGS SEEM TO BE GOING OKAY! THEN WHAM! ONE OF YOU! NO LONGER RESPONDS DUH!
WHY YOU SAY?? NINE TIMES OUT OF TEN ITS BECAUSE YOU CANT RESIST FLIRTING= AND SO YOU ARE STILL MONITORING AND RECEIVING REPLIES FROM CLUB MEMBERS ON YOU PC OR I/PHONE- AND YES! YOU KNOW THE REST DONT YOU? ITS JUST AN ON-GOING GAME AND YOU LIKELY TURN INTO COUGARS AND PLAYERS!! UNTILL ITS WRITTEN ALL OVER YOU! AND (NO WANTS) YOU UNLESS ITS JUST FOR A QUICK HIGH RISK LAY! THEN YOU LOOK IN THE MIRROR=ITS GAME OVER-
MICKSTER
8/28/13
Answer
sugars
A: POF is not free at all, you have to upgrade; become a paying member to be able to do anything interesting.
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: How do you delete a man you no longer want on your page? He's a total fake!!!
4/5/15
Answer
laras11
A: You can block him from sending you messages , but he can still look at your profile .
4/14/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the POF staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

6 Photos for POF