US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

michaelp114

The problem is you have like 7 men to every 1 women. (in 55 reviews)

rons54

Funny how people complain about "customer service" on POF. (in 13 reviews)

christopherw28

I'm a more-than-full-time engineer and part time farmer. (in 83 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

carlosm36
5/18/15

Recently cancel my account at POF dating site...my one advice to all men is, "Don't Waste Your Time and Money!!!"
The site is free for women only (site uses them as baite!) Men do paid a pretty high fee for 2 months minimum membership to make up for women free membership!
Since, women don't pay...99.9 percent of them are just, there not even sure of what they want???
Therefore, wasting your time, your patience and obviously your money!
There's not a single human being to talk to...in the event of a problem!
Plus, the site is extremely strict and unfair to men..?
But, ridiculously easy going towards women..! Women can say whatever they want!
And are allowed to post pictures of themselves almost NAKED! or not showing their faces!
Overall...POF as pretty much all dating sites is just a major disappointment!!!
I encourage men to try to meet women im a more traditional or conventional way...
I am 46 yrs old therefore I tend to be old fashioned but, you know some times taking a chance of meeting a nice girl at the Market, Laundry mat, Library, church and so on...it is possible!
All it takes is to be confident enough and clever!
A simple Hello! Could be the start of a meaningful relationship!
Thank you for reading...and good luck!
C. Martinez.

damieni1
5/17/15

Yeah if you're are looking for a complete waste of time???...try POF, the girls on there love to go out on dates

jesse596
5/16/15

I have used POF off and on for about a year. 95% of the guys I have met have done nothing but lie. Dated one guy who told me he was divorced for 4 months before finding out he was really married and still lived with his wife. Met another guy we seemed to have an awesome connection and after telling me he liked me and was excited to get to know me, this is after 2 great dates, he vanishes! Come to find out he has a GF. And if they aren't lying about being married they are looking for you to rescue them from their miserable marriages. Oh and I think someone else mentioned how they write these amazing profiles about wanting love and friendship and their "soul mate" and then you start talking with them and all the want is to hook up. The site is a damn joke.

robertc146
5/11/15

I have tried to warn them several times. Just because someone you meet appears to be "Normal" to you doesn't mean that their personalities can change and they can become psychotic in no time. One guy I know recently met a girl off of POF and now he can't get rid of her and what makes it worse is he led her on into thinking she was going to get into a relationship with him then she really went crazy. The sad part she has his cell phone number, he friended her on Facebook, she can get to him on messenger and she knows where he hangs out, etc. She drove into town this past Saturday and was coming to town to have him arrested for lying on his profile and leading her own, so he is no better for leading the girl on. Stay away from this site... half of these people need to be locked up in a mental institution somewhere. I just hope that if and when any friend of mine decides to meet up with any of the people on there.. that I hear from them again.. I mean seriously..Stay away!!

blueeyedg
5/10/15

I'm a male. Being on here had taught me what to look out for when it comes to profile pics. If the camera angle is looking down on the face- they are fat whales. If they aren't smiling they are boring in life. If they have "just ask me" then they are bland.
You are going to find bad fish and good fish every where you go. Worse are found in a bar. At least here on PoF I have fun rambling on and making new connections. The trick to not having to pay is linking your email to send you notices when someone likes you. Then do a username search to see who it is. Otherwise, you have to pay to see who likes you or wants to meet you.
Tips. Use more than 1 pic. Be funny. Have different pics to show your personality. treat it like a job resume. If you don't catch their attention in the first 30 seconds you are going to be on sitejabber complaining that pof is a scam. It's up to you to make it work.
I have used it for relationships in the Los Angeles area for over two years now. I have a fear of commitment....so the two years is my fault. Not PoFs.

dalep10
5/10/15

I have been trying to use pof for about a year now and to this point all the women I have contacted and there have literally been thousands by this point have all turned out to be the most horrible people I have ever come across they have all been man hating Gold diggers. And dont get me started on the prostitutes on this site I have never sent a inapropriate pic or message that was rude in any way yet again without explination or warning my account was banned and I can not even make a new one not that I would want to that is. I mean the women on this site are more than the scrapings from the bottom of the Barrel they are the filth from underneath the Barrell they are both horrible in personality and in looks I would advise any man to avoid this site unless you enjoy abuse and ill behaviour.

albertp25
5/9/15

I was a POF for awhile already. POF deleted my account for no reason. I never disrespect nor sent any wrong message to any women in POF. Besides, the women on POF, are not very friendly either. I messaged women and give them compliments and they would block you. Women said that "MEN" are FAKES, well a lot of these WOMEN are FAKES as well. This is a TERRIBLE and UNTRUE dating website. Markus, who is the owner should do something about his crappy creation. Mr. Markus, you have created a PATHETIC DATING SITE. You have DELETED me and had have DISCRIMINATED ME by CANCELING MY ACCOUNT. I will report you to every dating site review that I can report. You are racist!!!

dianneh11
5/9/15

I chatted with several gentleman on POF. I met a man, I hate calling him a man because now I realize he's far from a real man. after just knowing him less than a week he asked me to marry him, the first time I said no, the second time I said no, the third time I said yes, but not anytime soon because I had only been divorced a year. after such a short time, he moved into my home and I felt that I had met the man I have waited all my life for. To make a long story short, I financially supported this guy, not one day did he work, he would take up to 3 naps a day, when he was not laying in my bed sleeping, he was sitting on the couch to the point, of a friend saying he is making an indention in your couch! After putting up with this for 3 months, and him living off of me financially, I finally decided it was time for him to go! 3 months was way too long with this person, I want to say his name but I don't know if I could get in trouble for it. I feel like he has been doing this to women, and I would like for someone to tell me if I would get in trouble if I mention his name, because I do not want any other ladies going through this horrible experience! he financially ruined me within 3 months! it is my fault, because I should have kicked him out after a week of him taking money from me and living off of me! But let me go back to where we first met, this guy knows the right things to say, he is a smooth talker and Will make you feel like you're the only one that matters and his life, he will show you pictures of cars that he painted that he probably did not. He will say that he owns many antique cars that he does not! he will say that he owns two and three homes that he does not! So ladies please beware! he lives in Milton Florida, he will tell you that he owns 9 to 10 vehicles, but there's always an excuse why he can't drive one at That time. he is supposed to be an airbrush specialist artist, but I never saw an air brush in his hand. I have been to my attorney, & I am going to Take him to court! he's almost 60 years old, and is living With a Family because he is too sorry to work and pay for his own home!!!

devd2
5/2/15

The owner name this site pof = PLENTY OF FISH, Well I would have named this site powlobdf = PLENTY OF WHOLE LOT OF BIG DAMN FISH, because that's all there is fat overweight females at least 80-85% of them. Now don't get me wrong I would be in the bedroom with her they say big girls do it better. But I seriously don't know about this site the female's on here are straight bosstiee plus the guys on here is $#*!ing it up for the other guys that real about their profile. I'm going to give it 3 months and if nothing am deleting my profile

syreetaj
4/30/15

I POSTED A PROFILE ONCE A YEAR AND A HALF AGO, MY PROFILE WAS SHUT DOWN FOR INDECENT EMAIL??? THEY REVIEWED AGAIN, APOLOGIZED AND LET ME POST A PROFILE AGAIN. HOWEVER, A FEW WEEKS LATER, I D BEING HARASSED BY A MAN WHO SENT TEN EMAILS TO ME A DAY REGARDLESS OF THE FACT THAT I NEVER ANSWERED ANY OF THEM. HIS EMAILS CONSISTED OF NEGATIVE RACIAL REMARKS AND SLURS. UPGRADE THAT I DON'T RESPOND TO HIS MESSAGES. THEY DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE TO BE HARASSED, SSSI I DELETED THE PROFILE. THIS TIME I POSTED A PROFILE, IT WAS UP TWO DAYS AND EVERYTHING LISTED CORRECTLY.... WHEN SOMEONE MESSAGED ME THAT HE DOESN'T "DO THE MAN THING"....I WAS APPAULED THAT SOMEONE WOULD TAKE THE TIME TO MESSAGE ME TO INSULT ME FOR NO REASON..... BUT TO MY COMPLETE AND TOTAL SHOCK IT WAS LISTED AS MAN..... WHEN I FILLED EVERYTHING OUT ACCURATELY AS FEMALE AND WOMAN AND I CAN ASSURE YOU I AM ALL WOMAN. I IMMEDIATELY SENT A EMAIL TO "MARKUS"..... FIX THE PROBLEM, WHICH IT WAS TAKEN CARE OF HOWEVER IT NEVER SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED IN THE FIRST PLACE. THEY CAN KISS MY @$$. TRASHY, UGLY, INCOMPETENT ADMINISTRATORS. UNPROFESSIONALLY RAN AND REPRESENTED. I GIVE THIS SITE TWO THUMBS DOWN AND ONE MIDDLE FINGER UP.

theodoref5
4/28/15

This site is a complete waste of time!! i signed up a week ago with a perfectly appropriate profile and bio, and suddenly i can't log in? i have NEVER sent a inappropriate message to any women and was simply looking for a relationship :'( worst thing is i got a message and cant even reply to it! im glad i didn't pay for the "upgraded" version as that would have been money down the drain!! POF claims to delete any nude or inapprpriate pictures yet for the week i was using the site i saw PLENTY of vile pictures of people throwing themseleves naked infront of the camera!! i even came across a profile that had a COMPLETELY nude picture of that person in there picture gallery and they were practically hinting towards it in there bio!! yet they weren't deleted ?!?! Also my female friend using this site has complained countless times of the amount of scumbags asking for sex in there first message to her?! yet there not deleted and i am?? .....POF FIX UP!!

richardg83
4/28/15

Firstly I have used pof several hundreds of times and whilst the system and makeup of the site itself is relatively good the entire ethic behind it is completely wrong. For men instantly we find that the right to use private images and sending them is disallowed but for women it's fine - men have to pay for the privilege. Many women use captions, fake images and non visible face pictures as profile mains but as a male you will be deleted for doing so. Which again is illegal to do, if someone wishes to represent themselves by a caption of thought on line they are well within their rights legally to do so. When asked why pof discriminates against men and goes against the freedom of expression act they simply refuse to answer. It's also laughable that they call this a dating site considered the majority of women use it as a chat site and reserve the right to block and have deleted any male who suspects her of being misleading. Again pof supports that. If this site doesn't start adhering to the laws of equality and human rights sooner or later someone is going to sue the ass off them. It's a shame that nobody seems to actually do anything about it. My advice stay well clear!!!!

vanessas18
4/26/15

Be very careful my daughter dated a man from this site and when he came over to meet me and he shook my hand I had a really bad feeling but I shook it off thinking it was me being over protective then my Daughter came home upset so I looked him up he had been in prison charged with arson and selling cocaine and battery on a police officer so be very careful on any of these sites.

paigen
4/25/15

I am a separated woman looking to meet decent men for a possible relationship. I made it clear in my profile I was not looking for a hook up or one night stands and what I was looking for. The men on this site are $#*!y and conceited and looking for hook-ups! They say one thing in their profile like wants to find someone to marry and I have good old fashioned values and morals and then they sext you some of the nastiest stuff ever! I am a paying member and still found nothing but player after player. A few of my divorced friends swear they met a great guy on here but I am just not sure where. My advice is to pay for a decent site if you are serious about finding a good guy!!!!!!!!

amandak23
4/25/15

I created a profile a week ago and my account was deleted with no explanation two days ago. I've tried to contact their PR department (the only contact listed under "Contact Us") as well as "customercare@pof.com" (after an online search) and have not heard back. I never violated any of the terms, no nudity, no inappropriate behavior, nothing rude or inflammatory, nothing. In fact, I was emailed something sexually inappropriate and never responded, but that person was able to keep their profile, AND I was emailed something bizarre that only said "U are bad :(" from someone I hadn't messaged prior...

I wonder if whoever that was didn't like my profile for some unknown reason and hit "block user" so POF just deleted my account. It doesn't make sense either way.

I'd give half a star if I could.

This site's PR department is full of $#*!. POF seriously can't be the leading dating site with all these problems. If they spent more time fixing their problems rather than their image, it would be a better site. I can't stress enough how frustrated I am with them.

dianaw19
4/24/15

There are scammers everywhere. I've been dating online for the last few years, and sure, some guys are dishonest, there are those who ATTEMPT to scam others (some even get away with it), but you'll find those idiots anywhere, not just on POF. I've had no issues with the site. I met my last boyfriend on POF, we dated for 18 months. One before that...2 years. You've gotta expect that in a 'pool' that big, there are GOING TO be some sharks. You have to exhibit the same amount of common sense that you would to doing anything else online. Don't just open yourself up to any old jackass simply because he's good looking, or you're lonely, then cry foul when he scams you, or just wants to get laid. Take SOME responsibility! Geezus!

ianh48
4/23/15

The site really is probably a scam site but some of the ladies are local to me in Rugby Uk & genuine but the site is crap..They make it so difficult to search and send details of women well outside of my search criteria.However they left the back door wide open , & 'several bright fit ladies have got my contact details via this review site ..ian.tantric at gmail .com So if you are 25 -35 & fit & fun ..you too could meet me via the back door .."Multiple Orgasms G'teed!"...in tecnicolour if you are lucky
0 7 tripple 9, 76 & four 4's if you wanna text or chat.

davidw204
4/18/15

Yesterday I was chatting to somebody and we were getting on really well. She is 31 and I was 45.

Today I am a day older than yesterday but it was my 46th birthday and because of the POF Police's age restrictions I can no longer contact her as she is too young for me apparently. What a difference a day makes.

After her wishing me a happy birthday I can no longer thank her or even contact her. Now she thinks I am ignoring her and we didn't exchange contact details so, as far as I'm concerned I could have lost the girl of my dreams but all they care about is that I am no longer young enough to contact her! Surely that is illegal?!

This site is an absolute joke and the owner Markus Frind is an absolute joke and control freak!

johnm457
4/16/15

Full of fake profiles, and occasional scammer

Got done on a dating scam was in love with her and she played me also had other guys on the go reported her profile POF did NOTHING i lost $1000, beaware Kelsey Gordon from Crawley Perth also by the name of cutee.

laras11
4/13/15

Every experience I had with POF has been great , except one . I had a perfectly pg rated profile , never talked sex in messages and because 1 man ( rejected) says I solicited him for money . Boom ! Now I am blocked for life . I emailed POF everyday for weeks , only to be told I was banned for improper content . What was improper was what the man I met on POF suggested me do on our second date . But since he lied now I am forced to use other dating sites . POF had lots of choices near me , even with my picky choices in smoking , height , location and religion . I loved POF . Now I can't find anything , not even if I will accept anything in a 100 mile radius.
I'm stuck at other dating sites that have less than desirable men , too far away and spending too much to find such horrible quality . I miss POF

marcm31
4/12/15

the site is a good idea but poorly ran and appears to be partially a scam. I believe they also keep your user information ie photos etc.. very creepy

dudleyw10
4/8/15

This site is crap. The layout is terrible, they block the amount of people you can contact in a day, they say they block cut and paste messages even though messages written were unique. It's such an awful attempt at extorting money from lonely people. OkCupid is a superior service in every way.

elizabethd44
4/7/15

When I put the distance I'm searching for it's way off be careful a lot of fake pictures people that say one thing you meet them and your left scratching your head because they are Nothing like their Photo and overall profile..

lorir29
4/4/15

Dont waste your time.

randyb38
4/3/15

plenty of fish is a scam don't ever pay for it i did once not too long ago i signed up decided to pay for 1 month i had a clean profile did not mansion sex to anyone i was always polite i logged in 2 weeks later after i signed up i could not log in i tried searching my account could not find it i was banned for no reason i did how ever report an escort profile a day before i got banned but i guess they would rather ban the guy who follows terms of use rather than banning the escort profile & few weeks later the escort profile is still on the site never has been banned & they clearly advertising sexual services on the profile so what does that tell you about plenty of fish it's a total scam they will only ban guys for no reason you will never get you're money back & if you look on peoples profile it will say to view the extended profile sign up now that is a total scam there is no extended profile one day this website will ban the wrong user & they will get sued hard I'm looking forward to seeing plenty of fish on CNN don't waste you're money on this bull$#*! lucky i did not loose more than 30$

Tip for consumers: if you are a guy & pay for this site be prepared to get banned 2 weeks later you won't ever get you're money back they will never ban an escort profile they will ban you instead if you report it

julys
4/3/15

POF deleted my profile just because I stated on my page that I dont date hispanic guys. And the only reason I stated this was because I was getting tons of messages from hispanic men, so I decided to make it clear in my profile that I date other types of guys. By deleting my profile POF pretty much told me that I must date guys of any race whether I like it or not! And, at the same time, they require you to put ur ethnicity in order to complete your registration process! Hypocrites!

maur794
3/30/15

they cancel me three times no explanation ,the number in the site not working number i had to start a dispute to get my money back

Tip for consumers: don't pay subscription

vincentf21
3/25/15

Hi, I have a neighbor who was a member of POF for about 2 years. He met one of the woman from POF. After the date he found out that she had stolen one of his credit cards. Six months later …. he found out about the extent of the identity theft. After all was added up, he had lost over $40k (charges to his credit cards and other accounts). They do not screen any of their members. You may end up dating a convicted FELON (like my friend) who ALREADY HAD A BOYFRIEND. POF is a great place for scammers. About 70% of the emails I get from POF are really spam/bots trying to scam you out of money. I would not recommend this site to anyone.

Ease of Use?
Difficult to use -- I’ve talked with countless people who got their accounts deleted -- for No Reason.

Customer Service?
Non existent. If you have a problem and send them an email or even call, they wont respond. Customers don’t matter to POF.

After opening my account at POF I checked my emails the next day. When I opened up my email, I had about 20 spam messages. I was scared to open them because some may have a virus. I have to do this every day -- remove 15-20 spam-scam emails.

Please stay away from POF -- its' Annoying and financially Expensive!

Tip for consumers: Use another website. POF has scammers and spam.

crystalb15
3/23/15

This site is basically for hooking up. I've never in my life been deceived my so many people. I am a decent person who was looking to meet new people in a place other than the club, bars, etc. Unless you're looking to get laid, this site is a total waste if time.

timb78
3/22/15

I did meet someone nice. We're not a match and I now have another friend. If I put age 40 to 80, any race, income, weight etc., out of the 210+ pages of ladies, only 2-3 pages ( 10 ladies per page) of women either have been online the last 6 to 24hrs. after that it goes to that week, month and than about the 5- 6th page of 210+ pages its all people who were on the site sometime in their lives. now the ladies that who want to meet me live 50 miles or more. maybe the old fashion way is better.

Tip for consumers: I did not want to give my credit card at all. than I thought "GIFT CARD). for this or any dating site I recommend using a gift card and the smallest amount of months. after the 2 months, bu bye

tamarj
3/18/15

I am a single woman and I decided to try out POF to see if I could possibly find a good guy to have a relationship with. Well, let me tell you this site is a JOKE. I created my account in Nov and deleted my account in March. Most of the guys intent state CASUAL DATING/ NO COMMITMENT yet they are quick to hit you up even if your intent states WANTS A RELATIONSHIP. Many of the guys on this site don't bother reading your profile and don't care what your intent is. Many guys on here do not take this site seriously in my opinion and you can easily waste plenty of precious time on this site.

You will find ex cons on here and plenty of guys who just aren't in any position to be in a relationship with a woman. I know nobody is perfect but why bother saying you want a relationship when you know due to your situation that it is not ideal?

Remember this site is FREE so don't expect to encounter the cream of the crop. Yes, you may find a good man on here, however, you will have to really screen these guys and pray for the best! Seriously. Maybe you should reach out to guys first as well. I pretty much waited for guys to contact me and I did reach out to a few guys as well but not that many.

I have encountered strange guys, disrespectful guys, ex cons, time wasters, and annoying guys on here. Another thing that I noticed is that alot of the same guys from when I was on this site about two years ago are STILL on the site! Those same guys will still hit you up unless you block them.

Overall, trying to meet a good man on this site was depressing! I think this site is s waste of time for any woman who is serious about finding Mr. Right. I would NOT recommended POF! Try a different site I recommend trying a site where you have to pay money or maybe just try something else completely different than POF and remember to screen screen and screen especially if you plan on using POF!

Good luck!

Tip for consumers: SCREEN THE GUYS

TRY TO REACH OUT TO GUYS YOU MAY LIKE DON'T JUST WAIT AROUND FOR GUYS TO CONTACT YOU.

BE PREPARED: MOST MEN ON HERE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR A RELATIONSHIP MOST ARE LOOKING FOR SO CALLED CASUAL DATING AKA SEX

ASK PLENTY OF QUESTIONS THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO YOU BE A BIT SMART ABOUT HOW YOU ASK. IF YOU ASK DIRECTLY YOU RISK GUYS JUST TELLING YOU WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR.

laurend14
3/18/15

This dating site which should not be called a dating site is nothing more than a hook-up site. Same old people on here, some scammers, same pervs, POF staff are NO help at all. It is free for a reason...only desperate players and liars are on this site....it is even worst than OKCUPID and that is going some. The women all look like hookers posing in skimpy low cut shirts...from 18 to 60. Disgusting classless bunch of people who cannot spell, write a proper sentence or act like adults. HORRIBLE!!!!!!

danielb122
3/18/15

There has never been a more unprofessional dating site than Plenty of Fish. The Guy who owns it is like a dictator telling people who they can date according to age...I have been trying to get in touch with their customer service but the rude pricks never reply to messages.. Once they have your money you become invisible to them..

elizabethh56
3/15/15

My now husband went on this site before we met. He had a major scam pulled on him. We had to start our marriage off with a 5 year bankruptcy. This site is bad for anyone. Be careful! Name should be plenty of sharks instead. Best of luck!

gordsr
3/15/15

I was on the site for 2 months and had put the only pics I had of me without another girl in them which were beach photos of me on holiday. POF deleted all of them and prevented me from putting anymore pics on the site stating I had breached its code on the type of pics i could use.

Fair enough if thats the rule I will cancel my membership and go elsewhere so I emailed customer service and told them not to renew. After ignoring me for 2 months POF auto renewed my subscription. I have tried to complain but have been ignored.

I now find you can cancel auto renewal through Apple ..... they should make that clearer on the site instead of ripping off its customers ..... this is a con and the site sucks anyway an absolute joke

Tip for consumers: As soon as you join manage your subscription via the app store and cancel auto renewal

vanessav13
3/12/15

I can say when I first started this site I meant a couple guys through here, half of them only wanting a hookup. First date I went on, the guy looked handsome in the pictures only to find out after one date, he only wanted me to be his. Ugh..and he did not look like his pics. The second date I went on, the guy was 12 years older than me, very handsome and had two girls who were closer to my age. After the couple dates and waiting it out (if you know what I mean) it did not work out because his daughters did not like my age. Who knows what his real intentions were. Finally, the last guy I went on a date was very charming, an incredible smile that caught my attention from the POF site. Soon after, we were going on multiple dates including Clipper games, dinners, hikes and even going to the gym. After about a month and half, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I can say we are so happy and in love, he has evolved into my best friend and we have such a bond that I can not compare with anyone else I ever been with. Six months to the day.

Tip for consumers: Give it a try and go with your gut.

saraa25
3/11/15

Been on this site. Met what i thought was a great guy but he is a sweet talker and a lair... goes by the name t2976 we met for the first time and we talked for hours he told me his name what said he was a chef but was talking to my friends who also was talking to him but telling them a different name and was not a chef... If your looking for a hook up and i dont mean dating dont go to this site. my friends and i went on here because our friend got lucky and meant a great guy and now they are married.. so we figure to try it out but only to meet players and laie

adamn25
3/7/15

Don't get me wrong the site does have plenty of fish however just not the ones you want...I prefer uDates.net much better personally.

nunob3
3/7/15

I purchased an upgrade for a six month period and gave them my credit card. Six months later they charged me again even though I was not using the service or asked for extending it. Within a week of the charge I asked for them to cancel the service and give me a refund. But hidden in their fine print says that they automatically renew the service and you re never entitled to a refund. I'm off $51 for a service I did not want.

When you sign up they hide all this automatic renewal information (unless you read the fine print). I find this unethical and corrupt, I would stay away.

Tip for consumers: Be very careful when you give them your credit card. Make sure you you don't get charged automatically. Or better, use a site that is more honest about their practices.

bobbyb33
3/7/15

Not only did I accidentally tap on the purchase now button and asked for my money back right away, but the woman are atrocious. If I had the money if sue this company for everything there worth.

jodellefaithp
3/7/15

I was on the site for maybe 2 hours before I was deleted... had no idea why. Started looking up why an account would be deleted and found a lot on "0 tolerance" but I wasn't doing anything wrong. I was just looking to date (not really ready for a relationship) as I got out of a 7 year relationship (married for 5 years) and have been separated now for a year, I was nice in my responses to people, didn't post any nude pictures... I was about to upgrade and they just deleted my account. I got a lot of hits and they all seemed like decent enough guys (except for one who was mean right off the bat), I was interested in talking to some of them a little more possibly. It just seemed like to me I didn't fit "POF'S DATING CRITERIA" for whatever reason and they deleted me. So if you want to date the people who run POF then this is great site because they are obviously VERY close minded as who is allowed on their site. Needless to say, I've been a member of Match.com for about 2 months now and have met 3 people from that site... ended up enjoying a date or two with each one but they just weren't for me. POF was an alternative and they seemed to have more interaction on their site... but because I was deleted for a reason unbeknownst to me I cannot recommend them or write them a good review. ADVICE for customer service for POF... possibly give someone a warning message as to why you would be deleting their account before you just delete it, maybe suspend it first. I put a lot of time and effort into creating my account to find someone who would fit ME.

POSITIVE: POF has great tests you can take that let you know a little about yourself dating wise as well as give you some advice on things you can improve on. They also give you some great question openers to ask when having a conversation with someone. I really enjoyed that aspect of it.

kristenl11
3/6/15

Like anything in life, you get out of it what you put into it. I had a really crappy experience with POF after my 6 year relationship decided to come to a complete dead end. I'm sorry I can't really say it was crappy, it was OK! I wasn't looking for a replacement boyfriend, I was just looking to meet guys and go out on dates and talk to different than the norm people. I was single for the first time in my life and it fulfilled what I was looking for. Don't get me wrong, within a day of signing up I had messages upon messages from guys I wasn't interested in or physically attracted to and some guys who would just send me random messages like .. "i'm masturbating to your picture want to call me and hear me finish myself off" .. that one was a REAL charmer let me tell you! It had it's bad and it's good. It actually reconnected me with some guy I knew when I was like 8, and we ended up going out a few times, it didn't work out but he's still in my life as a friend so that was pretty cool.

I ended up meeting a guy through a friend but after 2 years I decided I didn't want to be with him anymore. So I gave POF another whirl and this time I was actually looking for something with a bit more substance. I found a lot of the same people on there still from my last experience. And a lot of them I can see why because they were just really effing insane. I remember one guy I was literally talking to him for 2 days and he told me he wasn't going to allow me to talk to him and date other guys. I told him where he can go. Anyway I am really getting off the path here. I met a ton of guys the 2nd time from POF, one guy I went out with a number of times only to find out he had a girlfriend that he just proposed to while he was dating me. I literally was closing my account, and I am not joking I was going to cancel it that day when I got a message from some guy who lived on Long Island (I lived in Brooklyn). His message actually got my attention because it wasn't the normal "hey you're cute what is your favorite food and what do you do for fun" .. boring snoring! I wasn't sure if I was 100% fully attracted to him, he definitely had a beautiful smile. So I decided to respond .. it was actually the most communicating I did with anyone on that site. We exchanged numbers, went on a date that next weekend (btw he was super cute in person). He bought me flowers and my favorite candy (he listened to me). It's a year later (this weekend is anniversary of our first date) and we have already moved in together and I have never ever in my entire life been so in love. As corny as that sounds. We joke all the time about how we met on the creepiest site ever. I did end up canceling my account .. but only because I had found my fish!! See what I did there??

Not every guy and girl are the same. Everyone has something different to bring to the table .. give it a chance. And if you want more than "hey wanna bang" than stop being a dirt bag and put the effort into it. Be interesting and you will attract interesting people!!!

jamesh156
3/3/15

I have been trying to send messages only to be told that the user only receives messages from certain users. By certain users they mean that they decided that the age difference is too great. How can they make this decision? Isn't that something the receiver should decide? And then they try to make you think that the problem is because I'm not a paying customer. Being free doesn't help if I can't send a message
I have seen a ton of negative reviews and now I know why! They could have at least been up front about why they didn't send my messages. I feel like I was used and I wasted a ton of time!!!!!

matthewf18
2/28/15

arrogant women, fat women who lie about their ages and post old pictures. I had one contacting me when I accused her of being fake my account was deleted

Tip for consumers: run Forest run

matthewr31
2/26/15

Crab sight. Fake accounts,3 to 1 men to lady ratio. Garbage. Scams. Waisted my money. Lesson learned. I'm male and in person I get decent reception from women. This site? Garbage. No replies and unrealistic whores and gold diggers. Women have complained about this site,but it's definitely slut,fat cow and gold digger friendly. $#*! this site.

tobir
2/26/15

WTH?! POF is full of guys just wanting sex. This is not a dating site its a hook up site! Awful!

jacobm53
2/24/15

i cant add people or send messages wtf?

yh13
2/23/15

beware of user jessika17, she only wants your money for c.rack

helena69
2/18/15

i recently had s very bad experience on this site. It was my first time on a dating site & I do admit to being naive about the whole thing. One of the first guys to message me was a guy called ste. He seemed genuine & we gelled right away. I agreed to meet up the day after (much too soon) saying that though our initial date was a success and he seemed just as nice in person. We messaged frequently & there were no sexual innuendos it was all fun and lighthearted. We went on a proper 2nd date a few days later & again it was enjoyable, he even had me back home for before 10.then cane the weirdness, his messages got more & more frequent & intense (still no sexual references but references to his he was 'falling for me' etc. being the hopeless romantic that I am I fell for this and then when he realised this the message did have sexual references and on our third proper date (a week later after 3 mini get togethers inbetween, all requested by him) we slept togeth (big naive mistake on my part). From that moment I felt in my gut that things were different, he messaged less frequently & I seemed to b the one initiating text conversations. We met again one final time & again slept togeth. I was smitten but deep in my gut knew s'thing wasn't right. Again messages on his part were infrequent with me seeming to do all the work (and prob sounding quite desparate I'm ashamed to admit). A week later I popped onto pof with the intention to delete my account & who should pop up with a whole new profile & online just seconds after responding to a text from me. I confronted him about this with no response. Just avoid a guy who now goes under the username of 'Cheekyste' from Wolverhampton & has himself & his daughter on his main pic. He's a player, a complete charmer and a liar and I fell for his charm completely.

alw34
2/15/15

Plenty of fish.com is a horrible dating website, people can report you for any reason and you can be banned for any reason, after emailing them to ask why i was banned i received no reply or answer, and when i tried to make a new account they deleted it before it is made, maybe they log peoples i.p addresses.

Tip for consumers: There are other good websites out there like Okcupid.com Smooch.com
and of course match.com

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the POF staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: PLENTY OF FISH=BULL$#*!! IN FACT ANY SINGLES SITES ARE DEPENDANT! ON THE HONESTY OF THOSE USING THEM?? ~HERES THE MAIN PROBLEM! IF YOU LOCATE A SOMEONE AFTER GOD KNOWS HOW MANY WEEKS, THEN YOU START TO DATE-THATS EVEN IF YOU GET THAT FAR? BUYING MEALS -TRAVEL AND GAS BILLS ETC, AND THINGS SEEM TO BE GOING OKAY! THEN WHAM! ONE OF YOU! NO LONGER RESPONDS DUH!
WHY YOU SAY?? NINE TIMES OUT OF TEN ITS BECAUSE YOU CANT RESIST FLIRTING= AND SO YOU ARE STILL MONITORING AND RECEIVING REPLIES FROM CLUB MEMBERS ON YOU PC OR I/PHONE- AND YES! YOU KNOW THE REST DONT YOU? ITS JUST AN ON-GOING GAME AND YOU LIKELY TURN INTO COUGARS AND PLAYERS!! UNTILL ITS WRITTEN ALL OVER YOU! AND (NO WANTS) YOU UNLESS ITS JUST FOR A QUICK HIGH RISK LAY! THEN YOU LOOK IN THE MIRROR=ITS GAME OVER-
MICKSTER
8/28/13
Answer
moek3
A: it is an IP address issue !! ok now they know where you at and what computer you are using ? go to Starbucks use different computer or I pad or any wireless personal E pad .....
or just better than all ask a friends to use his computer ( but use new screen name and new e-mail address )?
do not use the one you used before !? they have all on record ...
after you get an account ?you can continue to use your computer as usual again to log on after that ..
3 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: How do you delete a man you no longer want on your page? He's a total fake!!!
4/5/15
Answer
laras11
A: You can block him from sending you messages , but he can still look at your profile .
4/14/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the POF staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

6 Photos for POF