US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

michaelp114

The problem is you have like 7 men to every 1 women. (in 37 reviews)

christopherw28

I'm a more-than-full-time engineer and part time farmer. (in 57 reviews)

rons54

Funny how people complain about "customer service" on POF. (in 9 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

angelj6
1/28/15

I tried this horrible site quite a few years ago. Really bad,,bad experiences. I met at least 5 of the guys in person and they went from pot heads, to having absolutely nothing to their name. Some even had been in prison and had lost their driver's license due to several tickets, etc. I haven't signed back up since.. but someone I know really well just did.. and from what I have just discovered about the profile he has written he has been lying to me the whole time or he is completely lying to the people who are actually looking for something serious online. I happen to know that he is gay and he claims in his profile that he wants a serious relationship with a woman but tells me that he wants no commitment or marriage EVER with anyone. He doesn't have a real job, his boss pays all of his bills because he doesn't have a dime to his name. He blew every dime he was given from someone who supported him until they passed away.. so how in the world is he gonna pay for your date ladies because he asks all of his friends to buy for him?? Good Question.

carloss45
1/27/15

You get what you pay for!!!! POF is good to "practise" because it is free. But if you want to get serious in the dating business, rather use Mingle2day.com or Match.

michelleh39
1/25/15

This sight is terrible. The quality of men on this sight is horrible. Convicts, players, guys only looking for casual sex. Men that likes to play games and very immature. Ladies if you are looking for better quality men pay and sign up at eharmony or match.com.

Tip for consumers: This site is a complete waste of time.

shaunp9
1/23/15

Went on one date, had 2 others with different members who cancelled at the last minute. Scam profiles, it seems.

alexs236
1/22/15

This website is utter garbage and a waste of time. The people on this site, for the most part, are incredibly trashy and the pickings are slim. Even the below average looking people don't respond to your messages and expect supermodel type of dates; if you aren't a 10/10, you can forget getting anyone on here. I was on this site for probably about 4 months and I think I only got a total of 3 messages back out of the mere 30-40 I sent out. Also, no one on here seems to want to DATE, they only want casual sex.

I went on OkCupid and had more luck in my first day than I ever had in the 4 months I was on POF. I finally deleted my profile and I'll NEVER go back.

rons54
1/18/15

Funny how people complain about "customer service" on POF. You get what you pay for...it is free! Use a paid site if you expect good service.

For a free site POF is good....

omarios
1/15/15

THEY DELETED MY PROFILE ONCE AGAIN! nothing was wrong i stayed in the lines i was chatting with people next hour i try to log in **NOPE account doesn't exist email dont exist
ALL those people and the time and effort i put in GONE once again screw this site **people we gotta search for our loves the old fashioned way..

nathank24
1/13/15

Funny thing happened last night. I was at Cosmos in Vineland NJ and I met a group of girls (3) that are on POF. I asked them "why doesn't any of the girls on POF reply to messages on that site?" One smiled and another said " POF is not a dating site, it's a "Back-up plan site". In short, it was explained to me that, the reason women join POF because it's free and they can have a incognito free "Plan B" option on if it doesn't work with their current boyfriend."

Gentlemen.. don't waste your time with this site, your just setting yourself up to get caught up in a Jerry Springer experience at best ((( to a woman that is looking to use you as a rebound guy which may still be emotionally dealing with a recent <maybe temporary which she'll never tell you> break up))).

richardb130
1/6/15

This is the worst dating website EVER! They have decided that if there is an age gap of 14 years or more you cannot contact each other. This may be dispite the fact that you have both indicated a desire to contact each other. The system generates a message telling you that the person has chosen not to meet people your age when in reality POF have decided you can't meet. When I questioned this policy they said they were a relationship website and through reading members private messages they know that if there is an age gap of 14 or more years it's normally just for sex. SO BEWARE THEY READ YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES. Other members indicate a desire to chat but the POF BIG BROTHER WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO.

Tip for consumers: DONT TOUCH IT WITH A BARG-POLE!,

nelsona10
1/6/15

As many have experience in 2014, my profile of 7 years was deleted without reason or cause to me. Everything was going great with my pof in early nov 2014 to the last time used, never any problems in 7 years, I went on vacation, when I return by Thanksgiving, it was GONE, couldn't even say goodbye or happy holidays to my friends of many years? They're idiots, wrote them 5 emails over 5 weeks, trying to find out what happen before finally just receiving the automated B.S. email, indicating violation of Terms and Conditions, no actual details.

How can we get this mad man (Markus Frind from Germany) to stop this? Is this nazi germany to where ONLY one man decides the outcome and the freedom of choice of all at the same time being discriminating and providing undeserved outcomes, are there any laws in Canada to assist anyone? There should be an appeal process and if someone has made a mistake, given a second chance to amend, even criminals get this system or is Markus Frind perfect and everyone else not. Markus will probably institute the death penalty for those who commit any errors on POF in the future, hail Frind............by the way, have you noticed that there isn't any information on this chap's family or marital/dating status, difference of age with his parents or anything, he's basically invisible on the net!

Tip for consumers: Avoid it

williamsc15
1/4/15

I think this site is a joke. Most of the men I met, love to play games and half of the it's not th hem .When it time to set ip a date they all for it. When its time to go on the date. You dont hear from them .especially the older men. Its a waste of your time.

Tip for consumers: If you want to someone because you bored its the right site. As for serious dating no is the answer.

jaym96
1/3/15

Like other Free Stuff out there POF is full of crap too.
Programmers at POF need to up there game. Profiles get deleted without a reason, error sending messages and absolutely crap customer service with no response what so ever. Customer service is deaf as a post. Had my profile deleted 3 times without a valid reason or breach of rules. Lost contact with some good potentials. Moderators are very biased towards women too.

Tip for consumers: If you find a potential match, exchange numbers asap. POF will delete your profile any time without reasons and you will not get it back as customer service will never reply,

davidd60
12/14/14

Plenty of Fish is just full of dead carp. It's just-like all the other so-called "dating sites" on the internet--full of phishing,virus attacks..it probably bills-you for multiple upgrades or it sends you queer-bait matches (like: OK Cup is does-now) and offends-you with butt-ugly. Bot-matched replies...it's a skanks gutter TRASH douche-bag of a site! Stomp on it and kick it to the gutter-TRASH curb where it belongs! Douche-bags (like: this) should be banned from the internet for life!

Tip for consumers: Go to your church,YMCA or some other social outlet....stay away from these skanks douche-bag, dirt-bag,butt-ugly dating garbage internet-sites!

marcoh13
12/12/14

Bear with me on this. It's kind of long. I'll start this with that I was a 34-year-old mixed male when I started on POF. My experience with POF is one I'm sure hardly anyone else has ever had. Trust me. So, in a nutshell & for all intents & purposes, my marriage ended in May 2013. By June, I had joined OKcupid & a month later POF. I'd tried a few other sites like Zoosk, but quickly determined them to be scam sights setup to take your money. I discovered that POF has pay bait options as well. Like the "wants to meet you" trash. I just deleted everyone of those I saw, as I had 0 desire to spend any money.

I had met & talked through POF app with a # of women. I primarily used the Locals search. Some conversations were interesting & went on for weeks. Others, days. Most women (I would say about 90% that I messaged) simply ignored me. I never sent another message after being ignored. However, I cast many lines into the water. And I mean a lot. My motto was anyone that I deemed attractive who had a decent profile, I sent a message. Yes, I actually read the profile before messaging. Eventually I discovered that messaging a question to the women as my 1st message to them increased the odds of receiving a response to about 40%, because they like when you read their profile. It shows that you're observant. However, most women I encountered on there were flaky & expected you to have your entire life setup perfectly so they could just come into it without actually contributing anything. Most of the serious women, we would exchange phone #s on the site & send additional pics & stuff via text to weed out potential scammers. One woman I met on there, we clicked really well & talked for maybe a couple months before meeting in person. I thought she was the one for me, but when we met, she said we had bad chemistry. I asked her if we could go on another date to see if it would change & she said yes, but I had to travel to Germany to visit family in Oct 2013. It was already scheduled, so we decided we'd have another date upon my return. I was excited by that prospect.

In Germany, I was busy having a blast but I usually stay up late. I was alone in that venture, so I would spend my evenings playing Android games. One night I got curious about something. Whether the Locals search would work in another country. To my amazement, it did but there was a drastically reduced # of hits & the range was much further. When I was in Texas, the range for the Locals search only went like 10 miles before the maximum numerical limit of the search was reached. In Germany, the numerical limit was not reached. Instead, I was presented with people who were hundreds of miles away. Because I was still curious about this system, I started messaging women, according to the same formula I used in Texas, that I wrote in paragraph 2. Most women had English profiles, & those are the only ones I messaged, as my German is not good enough to use.

After a couple days, 1 woman who had not shown up in any of my previous Locals searches popped up. Her tagline was "Just looking for someone to talk to." So I asked "Does that someone have to be an English speaking German?" She responded about 24 hours later. I responded back & she immediately responded. We had an open dialog from there. I discovered that the reason she hadn't appeared in my previous searches was because she was outside of the maximum searchable distance in the Locals search but that she was visiting another city at the time I happened to search again. Because of that, she was close enough to fall within the search criteria. We actually spent all day talking back & forth on POF for days. Then we decided to communicate externally from the site on Whatsapp. We also Skyped once (voice only). I voiced to her that I wanted to meet her, since she was fairly close but she had to travel back again & explained why. That all occurred the 1st weekend I was there but I was only gonna be in Germany 2 weekends. She worked during the week & the following weekend would not be coming back to the town that was close to me. 3.5-hour drive. She instead had to drive 5 hours from her far town to her family's town. I said to her that I would really like to travel with her. To my surprise, she said OK. I didn't have a car, as I was visiting Germany. So I was gonna ride the train 5 hours to get to where she was & then go on the 5-hour with her to her family. But I didn't go through with it cuz my family objected. I listened to their reasoning, which was more skeptical than anything else. A few days later, I had to go back to Texas.

Back in Texas, we couldn't stop talking about meeting. I told her I wanted to come to Germany to meet her. She said "no." She said if anything, she should come to the US as she's never been here. I said OK. So 4 months later, she came, & what was an amazing online relationship quickly translated into an extremely serious physical relationship. We basically fell in love really fast & I proposed to her. I had planned to do so before she even arrived. We absolutely died when she had to go to back to Germany. Not to be deterred, I requested a Fiance Visa (K-1) about 1 week after she left.

The K-1 is not a fast process. So long story short, she has her Visa in hand & is coming to America to live with me on Dec 31, 2014 & we are having a wedding on a Texas beach on Jan 10, 2015!

Tip for consumers: Be patient & smart. Use the system. It works but is not easy.

andrewp59
12/5/14

It a gimmick from the get go. They say its free and you cannot communicate with anyone. I get emails from then saying so and so wants to meet you. You go on and there is no way to connect with them. You have to upgrade and pay to talk to anyone. Plus after reading all the negative reviews on here, I would recommend to stay away from POF

carltonr6
12/3/14

POF, DELETED MY PROFILE WITHOUT GIVING ANY REASON FOR THEIR ACTIONS!!! I MADE SURE THAT I WAS IN COMPLIANCE WITH THEIR RULES AND REGULATIONS. HOWEVER, MY ACCOUNT WAS STILLED REMOVED.....

POF HAS TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET A REASON FOR MY ACCOUNT DELETION FOR MONTHS. HOWEVER, WHEN I DO GET AN EMAIL RESPONSE I AM NOT GIVEN A REASON FOR THE DELETION.

I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND THIS WEBSITE TO ANYONE!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. IT WILL ONLY FRUSTRATE YOU WHEN YOUR ACCOUNT IS DELETED FOR NO REASON....

markm151
11/26/14

POF doesn't deserve one star. For reasons unbeknown to me, they keep deleting my profiles. It's odd as I've not broken the rules or been rude to other users. I believed they are identity me on the basis of my internet IP address. POF don't even have the decency to explain why they have deleted my profiles (to date several profiles have been deleted). So I say to he'll with POF, use alternatively services as there are others who offers a similarly service - you can find a date on Face, Badoo, Tinder etc. Rot in he'll POF!

Tip for consumers: If they delete your profile twice find another service provider as they are probably identifying you on your IP address or perhaps face recognition.

simone140
11/24/14

Pof is a ok site as it is free to use up to a point, but it has got it problems, you got women on this site that are all about your status, what car you drive, do you own your own house are you solvent.

The women that claim that the want a gentleman that will treat them like a lady is code for looking for a mug that will pay for everything.

You got the women that put up the fake photo, or photo's that are over 10 years old.

You got woman that will only go out with men that are younger then themselves, but as they cannot contact these men they will make do with you.

I was a 48 year old black male when I first joined Pof, I found that I was targeted by old white woman between the age of 55 and 70 years old, all these women had the same profile how they liked reggae, going to night clubs and holidaying in west Indians.

At first you would tell them that you were not interested, but their replies were how dare you not be interested, these woman I assume were so use to getting attention from young black men when they went on holiday to poor 3rd world countries that they could not take rejection. How did I get to the 3rd world conclusion the only photo of anyone black people in their profile was the holiday photos.

And the funny thing about it was that a old woman from pof contacted me twice, and I told her both times that I was not interested and when I did not reply after she sent me a photo of what she thought show herself looking good I was blocked.

Tip for consumers: Do not waste weeks messaging, If a photo or profile looks too good to be true ask for a up to date photo.
Never have a first meet as a meal, always a drink or coffee, if she turns up and she looks nothing like her photo you do not have to spend all day with her.
If a woman put up a photo shot of just her face or chest, the chances are she is very fat and they are her best features.

Do not message people that that do not have photos on their profile.

If anyone writes anything you do not

daveyc9
11/8/14

Firstly it looks great, free messaging to other people & so forth. But I've made a few profiles & each one kept being deleted for reason what so ever. I never broke the rules or anything to justify such a harsh action. Each time my profile was deleted I was in the middle of talking with someone who was also interested in me. It's very VERY frustraiting they continue to act like this. It's also Illegal for them to operate within the EU because they have no direct contact numbers or email address for people with complaints.

Personally, I would avoid pof because it appear's to me that they delete only the male accounts after a set amount of time & it makes no difference if you subscribe or not, they just randomly delete you for no reason. just to know if your mail as been read or to view peoples compatibility report. Seriously you can't get any worse for customer service that pof.com & you will have a very hard time getting you're money back if you subscribed & then get your account deleted because they contest every attempt you do to get your money back like the money grabbing fraudsters they are.

That & 9/10 of profiles are fake!

Tip for consumers: Just don't waste your time because you will ether be scammed by the user or the site will delete you when in the middle of a conversation.

ianh43
11/6/14

Well, it worked for me :) following an acrimonious separation from my spouse.
Within hours of signing up I was chatting to several very nice ladies.

I met one for a date after 4 days of chatting; 5 days of being on the site.
We then met every other day for a week and we're now inseparable after 3 months together.

Maybe I got lucky but I think if you're honest, open, pleasant and realistic you stand a very high chance of several dates or even finding a long term partner.

billc70
11/3/14

This site is a joke, and the joke is revealed soonest in the "Meet Me" section. Apparently, a "young" lady about a half hour away from me came up on the "Meet Me" list. I received an email from POF telling me this member wants to meet me (this means they hit the 'Yes' button on a 'would you like to meet this person' list, which runs various pics of members past you, giving the choices of yes, no or maybe). She was very attractive, so I sent a short message, complimenting her on her short little hairdo, which I found sexy, and said so. Ten minutes later, I receive a message from this woman, saying she finds my sideburns (I have a pair of Wolverine-style chops) "very unattractive", and she's uninterested, "sorry....have a nice day". Does this sound like someone who wants to meet?!? I never knew POF was/is a scam, mostly because it catered to actual dating, as opposed to sex personals, but this is solid proof. Must ALL these damn sites be corrupt?? Why don't some or any just (wait for it)...RUN IT LEGITIMATELY??????
Whoever figures this out will most likely make a fortune in the long haul. The ONLY site I've found that's mostly legit is AFF, even though you'll occasionally see fake profiles/flirts/hotlisting. However, the attitude of these "women", at least in Florida, is rude, insulting and often hostile. Draw your own conclusions, folks...

dickl7
11/2/14

this is an awful website. Good job it's free. First and not least is that you are not allowed to corresond with anyone in their 20s ro 30s if you are outside that age group Forget that it will not happend.Even if you decied on the age range in the advanced feature you are still not allowed to seach for anyone outside 10 years of your age range. Better to pay for a site and know that everyone can see you and make their own decisions than decide on this site for free. lots of woman in their 40s and 50s looking for toyboys. Go for it.

tomasm38
11/1/14

pof.com i lost 2 hours from my life for this bull$#*! website for nothing, i was soooo pisst off,they lucky that i cant find phone number,otherwice i would call them and will tell them that im really pisst off with stupid a lot questions on this site,i hope this guy who made this site,will go to jail for waisting people time for bull$#*!,they asking too much about private life, how much i getting money, do my perents still married,what the $#*!!!! 1000 questions , i even answering them without reading them,cos,so stupid questions,and im not joking they are a lot!!! about 1000, and this site saying its free,but when u waisting your time 2 hours with silly questions,they asking to pay,im really really pisst off with this site!!!!!

saram44
10/28/14

$#*!ing bull$#*!! They RIPPED me off! paid for a year then they deleted my account without reason or refund for what I paid for. Absolute $#*! and I hope the guy who made it and whoever mods it DIES! $#*! GOOFS! THEY SHOULD BE THROWN IN JAIL!

Tip for consumers: DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!

ling21
10/27/14

I will not recommend POF to anyone else. My story is same here. Create an account and few hours later got deleted. No notice of any reason. There is no one you can call to get support. Only email support and no response.
I understand the site has to do their best defend from scam. However, that company need to be fair do male user by give them detailed information on why. Also allow us to defend ourselves.
I really have no idea why my account was deleted. That is really bad business practice.

Tip for consumers: Please read review before join other on-line dating. It may save you a lot of time and experience of getting rude by POF.

genep11
10/22/14

I had no complaints originally but I paid for upgraded membership. All indications were that it was a one time yearly fee and the site says they will only charge you if you elect automatic renewal. Well, THEY LIED..... Then they give you the line that they do not give refunds. They have also refused to disclose any information on their business, like address, phone number or owner information for my lawyer...

Tip for consumers: Don't pay with a credit card. They will steal from you.

frankv15
10/7/14

Honestly this website is full of $#*!. I made an account and 2 hours later my account was somehow deleted. Supposedly my email doesn't exist yet when you look it up it's still there.

joym18
10/5/14

Okay I've been on many different dating sites and let me first say that with most dating sites you are taking a huge risk anyway.

Not bragging or anything but to tell you where I am coming from as a female on here. I consider myself a fairly attractive young woman and I have a job, transportation, and live on my own. I really try not to act desperate when it comes to looking for a significant other to share my life with, but the way these men act on these sites, particularly this one, makes it very hard not to come off that way.

For example, a guy will message me and act as if he is interested in wanting to talk to me and then soon after will either all together stop messaging for no reason or explanation at all and then a week or even a month later just out of the blue say "hey" as if nothing happened. I mean I feel like if I keep messaging him to try to play games and get his attention I am the one who comes off desperate and wanting his attention. So when I ignore him then the harsh bullying harassing messages come to follow. Pretty jerk move right?
A lot of mind games and a lot of heartache. It's just that simple.

And as a few reviewers have stated on here there are a lot of creeps and perverts on this site. I am amazed by some because they cloud themselves behind well groomed and smiley pictures when really those are the main ones sending pictures of their private parts and harassing the living $#*! out of you until you eventually block them. Then if you block enough of them, it seems as if you are the one that gets punished. Nice move POF. Stupid $#*!s.

A lot of these reviews on here seem geared towards women that are apparently found to be trashy, whoreish, and have daddy issues on POF, and I don't doubt that there are women out there like that on there. Do you think that a high volume of literate, well educated, goal oriented females are going to be "fishing" around for guys on a dating site? I highly doubt that and it's obvious. Most of the people on these sites ARE people that have extreme issues themselves. Most of this is Psychology 101. Humans are very predictable. You have the few far in between that are actually somewhat normal and honest. But guess what? Those are the ones with a sense of self worth and have some morals left.

And I am not talking about people with small issues either I am talking BIG issues. Being from a woman perspective a lot of guys on there are divorced 3 times over, or divorced have three or four kids from broken marriages. Or just kids by two three different women (that we know are probably hooking up with on the side when they're lonely). And I am not saying that single parents shouldn't have a chance, but lets face it, getting to know someone and start a relationship is hard enough when they don't have kids, try throwing some kids in the mix and 9/10 times a jealous ex wife, or baby momma in the background and it spells recipe for disaster. Then you have the really pompous prideful jackass that wants his ego stroked and told he has a nice bod or that you turn him on or whatever just so he can feel good about himself when he's around other people. Those are the worst. They are stuck up, rude, and egotistical son's of $#*!es. Then the other percentage seems to be older men that are literally very unattractive (not to sound rude but it's plain and simple), overweight, and have the absolute nerve to message women that they personally know deep down inside are out of their league. Then they try to guilt trip you by saying you are rude and $#*!y when you politely turn them down because you simply ARENT interested. But if you think of it those are most of those young men on there are going to look like later on in life. Dried up, used up, and unsuccessful at any meaningful and fulfilling relationship because they hooked up with half of women in the United States when they were younger. Then at that you have the other type on there the druggies and just downright losers. The ones you think to yourself "NO WONDER WHY YOU'RE SINGLE?!"

Anyway to end all of this review as painful as possible. This site is not great, but I think you have to weed through it a lot more because guess what ITS FREE! So you're going to get the bottomless pit a lot more than average than with sites like match.com and Eharmony because those people are actually paying money to be users on there. But yes POF is very terrible to navigate as well. Very advertisement ridden. And just a tip for ladies out there, try to set your expectations high that is if you have high expectations high. I am not talking about Brad Pitt high but I am talking about if you want the gentleman type then keep that expectation there. I am talking paying for a date, offering to pick you up or meet up in a public place, messaging you with thoughtful well written responses not two words. Asking for your number after talking to you for more than just three responses later not just throwing out a number and saying "hit me up later baby". Just simple things to look out for. Watch out for the ones that try to put everything out there too and seem almost desperate. They put their life story out there and then they want you to be their girlfriend after a day. Stay far far away.

As far as experiences go I've only met two men off of there. After being on the site for more than two years. None of them worked out. And to be honest there needs to be higher moderation and screening on this site. So many crazy people on here. It's scary. But again take everything with a grain of salt when it comes to online dating.

christopherw28
10/3/14

POF could be perfect, but there was one very big drawback I experienced. I live in a rural area and if I wanted to search within 8 miles, there were "not enough matches". There were in fact over a dozen profiles within 8 miles, but POF would not allow me to view just those. If I expanded this to 10 miles, I no longer received the "not enough matches" warning, however my results were artificially expanded to include people from up to 20 miles away. If I set it to 15 miles, my results were artificially expanded to include women living 60 miles away! I am not exaggerating on that figure, that 60 miles is Mapquest confirmed. 59.6 miles if you want precision. I'm a more-than-full-time engineer and part time farmer. I do not have the time to make a 60 mile relationship work, nor do I have the time to comb through a thousand people to find the 20 who are within my range. Yes, the site is called "plenty of fish" as opposed to 20 fish, and they are trying to generate add revenue like any online business. It might not be conducive to this goal if customers only logged on briefly every once in a while to see if they had any new potential matches. Obviously they want you to troll the site late at night until you start to go cross-eyed. But it sure would be a heck of a lot more useful and less annoying if they did not bias the search results in this way. This is a key reason I use OKcupid more than POF, despite the fact that I like everything else on POF better. OKcupid's search algorithm is biased in the opposite direction, it tends to exclude some matches rather than include erroneous matches, but it works better for me because it doesn't waste as much of my time. Perhaps all of this is just the inherent plight of the rural online dater but it would sure be nice to see some changes!

concernedc9
9/29/14

This website is a FRAUD. FAKE profiles. CATFISHING galore!! They stole my pics and info from my website to create a fake profile. I have attempted to contact them to get my pics removed but NO RESPONSE. BEWARE USERS! What you are seeing on line is NOT what you are getting. USING MY STOLEN PICS!

Tip for consumers: Catfishing! Stolen pics used to create FAKE profiles!

jds1
9/29/14

I couldn't even start a profile. I feel no need for that dumb website to know if my parents are still together, and its mandatory at sign up! WTF?! I'm not telling some website or any website everything about me. especially things no one needs to know. its overly intrusive and pisses me off.

Tip for consumers: make a lot less info mandatory at the start up. i don't mind filling in a lot of needless crap when no one is trying to make me.

jb104
9/19/14

**(UPDATE)- upon further investigation, I have made a mistake. Normally I use my mobile phone and mobile app to serach, but when I used my computer..all different kinds of search queries (ladies) as I put in all different kinds of metrics. I was NOT limited in body type at all. I apologize to POF. Perhaps for moblie use it has something to do with phone/app settings..

**(Original post..not applicable)**
I did some advance searching on POP and found that most female users are all a" few extra pounds", "BBW", "prefer not say" (code for bigger). I selected "thin", "athletic", and"average" all with in a 150 mile radius of Los Angeles. None of the other metrics mattered!! I tweaked them all...but when I selected "few extra pounds", "BBW", "Prefer not to say", data/women showed up in my search query. I don't have a problem per say with larger ladies but I think POF should market as such. For many it will waste their time..

Tip for consumers: Lots of options!

daver59
9/11/14

Plenty of fish allows people to find someone local and it is good. But the bad thing is that you have to wait for a response for a long time. It really makes me sad, when you meet someone in public place, it is much easier to find common ground and chum up. From the other side, a lot people found their second half, it gives me a hope and giving another chance to this dating website.

pussycatg
9/11/14

I joined this site thinking it was normal and had the shock of my life.
This site and perverted site allows FULL FRONTAL PENIS SHOTS THAT ARE ERECT!
Perhaps they enjoy looking at ERECT PENIS in their head office in the USA.
But in England it is illegal!

The owner of this site does not care what the content is as he makes lots of money from all the advertising that is placed on his site. That is why the site is free.

This site is full of sick men that are wanna be male prostitutes that cannot obtain any business in reality to supplement their dole money.

They say the women are bad..but believe me their is only a small handful of women that use sexy photographs and personally..I would rather see a pretty girl in a sexy shot then a repulsive BLOW UP PENIS SHOT..which is very off putting.

Most of the people on this site are just desperate for any kind of email contact. That are not interested in reality i.e. speaking to you on the telephone and just want to collect photoraphs of females to PERVE OVER!

KEEP AWAY FROM THIS SICK SITE FULL OF REPULSIVE AND SICK PEOPLE ON MEDICATION!!

THE OWNER OF THIS SITE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIMSELF. I understand that the programme 'DINNER DATE' uses this site to obtain single people.
DO THEY USE THE OBSCENE PHOTOGRAPHS TO PICK THEIR CONTESTANTS..I WONDER??

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SICK SITE - THE OWNERS ARE JUST AS VILE AND DISGUSTING FOR ALLOWING FULL FRONTAL PHOTOGRAPHS OF NAKED MEN.

DO NOT USE THIS DISGUSTING SITE.
DO NOT USE THIS DISGUSTING SITE.

cindyp17
8/29/14

Good sight you can have basic services for free yes including communication. Nice to see a sight that isn't all about the money. Would like them to have a little cheaper membership available it is right to pay something for there service. Thanks pof for your service it is interesting.

cassier4
8/26/14

Why is it that POF continues to let men put up profiles that have used their site to meet women with children or granddaugthers for their own gratification? I met a man on POF and we moved in together. In the time we lived together he kept insisting my granddaughter come stay with us. I found out exactly why he wanted this to go on. When I confronted him he broke my arm? Our case is currently in police hands but when I was searching the profiles there he was again. He has used someone else's photos but it is him and he says he is in Minnesota when in actuality he is in Virginia. They use to have a testimonial section so at least other women could be warned about a man like this but now it is gone most likely because women warned other women about men like this. While POF continues to let him have a profile he can continue to do what he has done in the past. They are enabling him to find women and they share some of the responsibility for what he does when they have been made aware of the situation. Can a dating site be held liable for enabling a man like this????

Tip for consumers: This site enables men to find women to abuse and put the children or grandchildren in danger.

markb144
8/22/14

Write your review to help others learn about thGood Day Dear,

Are you financially down and you need a loan to upgrade your financial status Or you want to buy a new house,Here is a chance for you to get a new loan for your business or you want to pay off your bills, We are here to make a standard for all who need our help. Any interested candidate, can contact us via supperbizfinance@gmail.com for more information

Awaiting your swift response to our company advert.

Mr Carlos Robert
is online business

artm22
8/22/14

Pof is terrible, woman prostitute selfs and when u report u get deleted. This site is full of whores and gold diggers. Meet 2 woman in 10 years that were cool. If you cant find a sucker on the street there not on pof. Done i think real woman are on street. Whores, and gold diggers is all pof.....use to be awesome.

Tip for consumers: Go somewhere else. ...oh pof at least hear the persons side your booting, there's 2 sides to each person.

johnc247
8/22/14

This site is the bottom of the dating barrel. Yeah it's free but I've been on Match, Chemistry, Zoosk, OkCupid, and BBPeoplemeet with good success on all of them. I had been on POF for 3 years and never seen so many middle-aged, wrinkly, tattooed low-lifes with an embittered attitude about men even though they're jobless, functionally illiterate, and act like an educated, successful man like me should kiss their rear. Uncanny!! I've had a lot of chats with women on POF and a couple of dates but in terms of date QUALITY and good behavior, I've never wasted so much time in my life. Go ahead and enroll 'cause it's "free" but you're better off finding a ho at your neighborhood drunk tank.

Tip for consumers: Don't reveal anything in your profile that implies you're well educated and successful on this site. On this site you'll be perceived as a snob because you don't stoop down to their 5th grade vocabulary. Oh, and if you say you ride a Harley you're halfway home 'cause this site has more biker chicks per capita than any site in the universe. You get what you pay for ... nothing.

joesepn
8/19/14

i can pick up women in public places without any trouble but you never get any replies from women on POF so they must be dormant accounts or shills .even elderly MILFS dont reply and they have saggy wrinkly funbags so should be up for it but theyre not.
its a waste of time and trashed my account as theres no way to delete it

Tip for consumers: dont bother- waste of time for guys even if you look like Tom Cruise

jasonw65
8/15/14

I have used POF for a couple of months. They built up their membership and name brand when it was truly free, and now they are milking it. Sure you can set up a profile and message people for free. But you won't see their entire profile or know if you have contacted them before unless you upgrade to a paid membership. Even badoo gives away better functionality for free. Plus the layout is a mess. POF is a very bad value, whether you use it for free or pay to upgrade your membership.

Tip for consumers: Maybe useful for amusement or develop your game, but pay at a better site when ready to get serious.

danield52
8/14/14

So far I've met 0 people on POF. When I first started using POF nobody ever message me back. Now they do, but I never been successful to ever meeting someone. I know I am a good person by heart and attitude. That is what my coworkers tell me. I've always been a respectful person, whenever it is on POF or outside of POF. I just don't understand why nobody in POF is interested in me. I need help.

ali
8/12/14

The website absolutely rubbish I had to register a few times, when I was trying to log in after a few day keep saying tour email address is not in our database, and a lot of time waster are there most of them are married or have partner and there a lot of loser.
website rubbish

derekj7
8/10/14

It's feee because it is shockingly bad.
Firstly, site moderation. There is none. You get it all in here. Photos of cats, dogs, cars and stuff for sale but not real pics of single people. Women tell me that most men just post a pic of their dangle. You'll get men dressed as women. All the clues are there in the picture. The big hands, the Adams Apple and in the backgriund a wedding pic of them with their wife. Then the most obvious clue is in their profile where it says "I'm a man who likes dressing up as a woman". You don't have to be Columbo to come to a conclusion however tPoF seems to struggle to compute that one.

Customer service. There is none. Well when I say none there might actually be one person though I think their job is to delete all the emails that come in from angry customers. The payment system works fine though. Funny that. If you need help you'd be better of writing to Justin Beiber to get a satisfactory result.

Matching. From what I can work out if anyone else is registered on the site then the programme sees them as a match for you. So if your Jane in a London looking for a man within 20 miles expect to find yourself matched to a used canoe that's for sale in Oaklahoma.

Apart from that the site's great. Actually, no it isn't. It's awful. It's a sewer. Imagine a prison with no wardens and that's PoF for you.

camm12
8/9/14

The worst dating site ever. My profile was deleted four times in three days without any reason.
I tried to contact customer support - no response. Better read "Terms of service" before you will give away your credit card information. One star is too generous for this crap.

jasminev1
8/9/14

It didnt take me long to meet my love on pof. We are currently engaged and im pregnant with our first bby. If it wasnt for pof im sure wev would have never meet.

bernadettes1
8/7/14

Having been scammed on two dating sites now I think it fair to say that if you are 50 plus and using this site or any other, be very careful. Look out for 'highly intelligent men' who seem unable to punctuate sentences correctly, make comments such as 'it was nice' and use future tense eg: I will like to speak with you again' and ask for your number after the first conversation. Sadly, like the other site I was on, fake profiles seem to be in abundance. Tread with caution!

micheleb28
8/3/14

I have a friend who just discovered that a member of this dating site has stolen her pictures off of her Facebook page and downloaded them to her profile! It is absolutely ridiculous that she cannot report this person for stealing her image and using it on this site, without signing up for the website!!!! Plentyoffish needs to review their policy because my friend refuses to sign up for the website and give any of her information just to be able to report this woman!!! She goes by xoxo_nc Cary north carolina

juliew27
8/3/14

I got very lucky. I met a few decent men who were local to me and am still in contact with them on and off. I also met a good match for me a year ago last March and we have been seeing each other for the last 16 months and very happy. Our Time is a terrible site -make sure you search for reviews before spending time there. Match.com had a lot more foreign scammers than POF, imo.

maryc83
7/29/14

I went on dates with two men that I met on POF. The first date was awful because the guy just wanted 2 things: Sex and watching cartoons! The second man I went on a date with was wonderful! We dated for two years and he is the love of my life! I married him earlier this year! POF was free for me to join and communicate with people and I think that it is a plus! I would recommend it to anyone!

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the POF staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: PLENTY OF FISH=BULL$#*!! IN FACT ANY SINGLES SITES ARE DEPENDANT! ON THE HONESTY OF THOSE USING THEM?? ~HERES THE MAIN PROBLEM! IF YOU LOCATE A SOMEONE AFTER GOD KNOWS HOW MANY WEEKS, THEN YOU START TO DATE-THATS EVEN IF YOU GET THAT FAR? BUYING MEALS -TRAVEL AND GAS BILLS ETC, AND THINGS SEEM TO BE GOING OKAY! THEN WHAM! ONE OF YOU! NO LONGER RESPONDS DUH!
WHY YOU SAY?? NINE TIMES OUT OF TEN ITS BECAUSE YOU CANT RESIST FLIRTING= AND SO YOU ARE STILL MONITORING AND RECEIVING REPLIES FROM CLUB MEMBERS ON YOU PC OR I/PHONE- AND YES! YOU KNOW THE REST DONT YOU? ITS JUST AN ON-GOING GAME AND YOU LIKELY TURN INTO COUGARS AND PLAYERS!! UNTILL ITS WRITTEN ALL OVER YOU! AND (NO WANTS) YOU UNLESS ITS JUST FOR A QUICK HIGH RISK LAY! THEN YOU LOOK IN THE MIRROR=ITS GAME OVER-
MICKSTER
8/28/13
marshad
A: what happens when you send a "flirt" to someone or they send one to you? do you get an email that says someone wants to meet you?
3/14/13
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the POF staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

5 Photos for POF