US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

aliceb51
10/6/14

It is a scam all the way.just got a 21 playing blackjack. After turning my first card to add up to 21, a pulishers clearing house symbol was on the first card picked. That's where the technical difficulty notification appeared and I could not go any further.IT's PROBABLY A WINNER AND THEY WOULD NOT LET THAT HAPPEN. IT'S RIGGED AND A SCAM.

tammys20
9/24/14

Like others have said the PCH site is a joke. It takes hours to complete the games, the entries, the scratch-offs, etc, etc and there is no way anyone can rack up the points like you see on the token board everyday. I tried and on a good day of high token earnings got to 104,000 tokens but that was all day. I have no idea how anyone can get to past 200K from midnight to noon unless they don't sleep and have a trick or two. Even playing the extra games, it can't be possible.
As someone in need of cash and good fortune from a win it's easy to see how they pull people in. They got me for 4 small orders(only things I need for the house) but it adds up. I usually don't go for magazines but have noticed in the last 3 days that nearly every entry comes with a chance to order something.
It's good if you're bored with nothing else to do I suppose but avoid ordering.

lynnm48
9/14/14

I have noticed the same thing. On last night 10 mins into a new day and several people have over 100,000 token...I can't even get that in a whole day, no way they can get that many in 10 minutes unless they have uncoverd how to cheat the system. And by the way the same people keep winning the 100 daily token. Frank V from CO just won again that last 2 days in a row...with something like 180,000. Seriously PCH....some of us are honestly playing yet people are obviously cheating the system and you have done nothing about it.

dh110
9/12/14

This place is just a waste of time I have played and perticipated for 15 years now and never and will never win anything except for more tokens to reenter more games that don't give anyone a chance to win even a $10 gift card. I was given 2 years to live last November because of a blood clot disorder that I have and this is like playing the lottery except you actually have a chance to win there but you do have to spend $2 on a real ticket. I stop play this scam bogus games 2 year ago because I always keep getting e-mails from them and I wanted to atleast try to win something maybe get lucky for my kids sake since I have 5 of them. Served during the Gulf war use to make $60,000 a year working now on disability and waiting to win on this sure is worse than waiting for my body to shut down or a clot to go to my lungs again or heart or brain. My mom use to enter this years ago and did she said for 40 years and never won as much as a thank you for wasting your life dreaming. So without further adue thank you PCH for changing someone's life out here in the world and keep on keeping on did trying hope and dreams that is why you are the entity that you are. Well just got another email that someone on my road maybe a winner and if I want it to be me I should stop posting the truth and come scratch off my chances at winning $.05 for life hangs in the balance and by delaying responding to this e-mail means I will forfiet any shot I have at winning nothing.

Tip for consumers: Stop wasting your time posting because it takes away from your shot of becoming a multi-zeronair.

vernonh18
9/11/14

Luck, I think not! Can the daily tokens you receive be manipulated (probably). I see the same people on the token leader board daily. For example: Rick F. well over 100,000 tokens everyday since 8-27-14, won $100 3 times; Karen K won $100 3 days in a row; Frank V won 3 days in a row (on top again today 9-11-14). I have asked PCH about this and they "take cheating very seriously" lol. Scuttlebutt is you can gain mega tokens by refreshing (whatever that means, i'me computer stupid). I don't think they have anybody watchdogging this or they just think we are too dumb to notice. Would love to have an answer back from PCH other than "we take it very seriously". I dont expect to win anything but would love to have an equal chance at it. If its ligit then congrats to all of these same daily leaders, if not then shame on you PCH for not keeping things fair and above board.

Tip for consumers: everybody need to keep an eye on the board.

robt128
9/8/14

Has anyone noticed that the same "people" are always the leaders on the daily token board. The PCH website doesn't update till midnight everyday and yet these "people" already have well over 100,000 tokens at 12:15am. How is this possible? I usually play everyday and this whole process takes hours and not to mention I cant even come close to 100,000 tokens. I've never even won a $5 gift card after years of playing these games and entering the sweepstake. It always says no purchase necessary to win or play and that is good because until I win something I'm not planning on buying anything. Its fun to play and enter the contests but don't have any expectations because you will be disappointed.

Tip for consumers: Have fun but don't expect to win anything.

johnd283
9/7/14

I have ordered & received 2 items & they don't even come close to doing what they should do, plus the detailed information & picture of each item,makes it sound & look much better than it really is, when you receive it. Very disappointed, to say the least. I've seen other items I would like to order but, I won't, thinking the same problem would happen all over again. Sure, they make it sound like it's very easy to get a refund but, I don't care to be the one that has to repackage & go to post office to get it on it's way. NO THANK YOU, i DON'T ORDER SO I CAN RETURN..

Tip for consumers: Better luck than what had but, I doubt it.

arielk4
8/27/14

Much like many of the other reviews here, don't waste your time playing ANY games because you WILL NOT WIN, i cant say for sure if the 10,000 a week for life is a scam though, so in my personal opinion i would probably continue to enter into that sweepstake at least(and ONLY that one....) but i'm now only playing the games to pass the time since they are fun at least (i seriously believe that the game is rigged....).

Now one thing that actually worked for me (in terms of making money) is a site called Cash Crate (found after giving up ever winning money on pch), you basically get paid to complete surveys and offers (the surveys are the most reliable especially since you do not have to give out your actual information and they will not bonbard you with emails like pch does.

the only email you will receive is is a confirmation that your Check has been shipped out to you(Yes they will send you a Check each month when you reach the minimum payout its legit i have actually gotten 2 checks from them it wasnt much(because im lazy and dont spend too much time on it i admit it, but at least i know it works))

So if your curious about what Cash Crate is then check out this full Link below

Tip for consumers: Pro tip: i found out how to unsubscribe from pch, basically find an email that that they sent you (regarding anything that you consider spam...which is everything but the confirmation registration email..go to the VERY BOTTOM of the email of the message that they sent you and you will see small gray text, and within the text it tells you that you can safely unsubscribe(click on the small blue Unsubscribe link...

elizabethk28
8/20/14

this is probably a Chinese scam! everything they have is made (cheaply) in China
the BBB should investigate this they hound you with postal and Email urging you to buy products and in the end (three days before so called prize drawing) you HAVE to make a purchase or you are disqualified!

Tip for consumers: be prepared to be hounded and if you order be prepared to spend a lot of $$$ on postage

neilf12
8/18/14

Don't waste your time. Should be shut down. They send e-mail all time, about winning, but nobody does or they did not register their numbers. Can I fill a complaint to get Pch removed from everything. A SCAM

Tip for consumers: Don't

stevenv8
8/6/14

Its a bunch of crap all they do is waist your time and there timing sucks my stepson just pased away and all I keep getting is pch email's Steven vanderwall Modesto ca

jasong38
8/6/14

Yes, PCH.com, PCH Slots,PCH lotto,PCH Games and PCH Blackjack are ALL A BIG JOKE!!! I've NEVER meet anyone that has ever won anything other than tokens. I've been playing for years and NEVER won a single item. Also, I just found out that if you have multiple tabs open on any of their affiliate websites (just to save time) it's considering cheating and ALL OF YOUR ENTRIES, SWEEPSTAKES and GAMES are voided...WTF PCH!? I would advise just entering in the main PCH sweepstakes (usually $5,000 per week for life) once per day and log off...other than that...PCH it's not worth your time. To enter EVERYTHING PCH has to offer on a single tab will take several hours per day...literally! Where it loses it's "fun factor" after sitting through the same advertisement for the 100th time. If any PCH employee is reading this your online website(s) and rules/regulations needs some serious work in-order to be considered enjoyable.

barbaraw29
8/4/14

PCH games are a joke. I don't really think they give money to anyone!!!!! I play the blackjack game online. When it comes to picking cards of 21 to win the $1000.00 or the $25,000 it is fixed. It doesn't matter which cards you pick,it is set for the last card to come up is always the 10 card so you ALWAYS go over 21 and have NO CHANCE OF WINNING THE $25,000. I also do not believe anyone wins the BINGO games either or the big prizes of so much a week for life. PCH IS A BIG JOKE!!!!!!!!

singleg
7/30/14

Well yea,kind of,but I found out that Danielle Lam is married. Well just in case, if I won $5000 a week for life,tell her,"TOO BAD! YOU ARE TOO LATE!

jesseh32
7/23/14

Play the Games on PHC sweepstakes Website but don't order anything.. then you will be having fun and not wasting money..Then you can win stuff and not lose any money..It would be a win win if you do it that way.. the Website says you don't have to order anything to win. It's not a scam.. http://www.pch.com.

vu72
7/16/14

About the popup barrels,it the one ad that said,"buy one and you get one FREE",do you staffs from PCH remembered that? I know I did hit the order box on the screen.I wonder why it didn't go thru.? If I didn't get any answer about the popup barrels,I may give you ONE STAR rating! If I still don't hear anything about the popup barrels,I may want to drop this service and you can't force me to stay on this service.If I get a rep. to call me to stay on this service to play these games and buy more stuffs,don't try to be like the guy at COMCAST who trying to get his customer BACK! Now do you understand that?

raulm13
7/13/14

It seems to me the daily emails I've been getting since I first entered the $5,000/week Sweepstakes, are basically "gimmicks" to get you to keep visiting their site. The emails are worded deceivingly to get you to think you need to re-enter the Sweepstakes or make you afraid (fear) that you are forfeiting your entry by not clicking the "respond button" in the email. Apparently getting millions of people to click on the their site daily makes them a ton of money through the advertisements that appear. But it's basically wasting a ton of your time!!!

ap461
7/8/14

I didn't get the pop up barrels from PCH,buy one and get one free. I never got that.Can you tell me why? I really need that ,because I got four big trees,a tree at each corner of the house. I like these barrels ,because it will be easy for me to rake the leaves on the hill in front of my house and be able to carry its up the LONG STEPS! It lighter for me to carry the pop up barrels with leaves up the long stairs.It will be better for me,because I got a blood clots on my right leg.

judithe1
7/2/14

Beware that if you pay on-line it pays the whole amount you owe. I did not no this and they would not fix the problem. Plus for each item that is late they charge you $5.00. They get you the way the payment system is set up. I will never purchase a thing from them again. Most of the products are cheap and flimsy.

jackiev3
7/1/14

DONT ORDER. THEY WILL SEND YOU A FREE GIFT YOU DONT WANT AND CHARGE YOU $4.99. HENCE IT IS NOT FREE. PLUS THEIR MERCH. IS VERY CHEAPLY MADE. I BEEN ENTERING FOR 33 YRS. WON NOTHING

ednar5
6/20/14

I've been playing for about 4-5 weeks and up to 7 hours per day and haven't won ANYTHING. Some games froze up and the message came up "having tech problems" and to try again later. I'm not sure if I can save some tokens for the next contest. Does anyone have an answer to that? Actually I need to win cash as I'm going to school to get money to live on since I can't find a job, plus I have 3 teeth that the crowns came off of. I owe so much in student loans and I'm 68 years old!

deshunnae
6/16/14

I always receive emails from pch sweepstakes and for the last to weeks when I click to confirm it says that it's envalid or a code pops up saying the url is wrong or to large does anyone else have this problem!

bettyn7
5/31/14

I have been playing instant Bingo for over a year now. I sometimes get all the numbers, but I never,ever have gotten the letter "O". Has anybody else experienced the same problem. I am convinced the "O" does not exist.

maureenc5
5/27/14

I like playing some of the games. I was wondering if anyone has gotten the letter "o" in the instant bingo game. I have gotten every letter but the letter "o" every time I play

jacuelineh
5/2/14

PCH IS FUN, CHALLENGING, AND INAVATIVING. AS A RETIRED PERSON, I AM LEARNING NEW THINGS WHICH INTREST ME, SUCH AS FACEBOOK AND TWITTER.

josephp29
4/13/14

to whome it concerns I ordered a lap top computer and I didn't get any response back Can you help me to get this if possible its paid for too thank you Joe

hannahw10
1/9/14

I started a petition against them, sometimes we say to ourselves "Oh, it's no need, they've been around for YEARS, change will never occur". You'll never know until you try, and that's what I'm journeying towards, starting today I hope to see them go down.

susanh63
1/7/14

I ordered a Ipad the price was jaked up when received the shipping was high it didn't last 2 months didn't work right from the get go right.The PCH games I have been playing for about a year I keep getting ripped off tokens and games and have never won anything I BELIEVE ITS JUST A SCAM.

natashas9
1/5/14

lotto, scratch and spin are complete joke. only one thing you can win is chance to win bigger price. i wasted 2 days on these games, and keep winning tokens and telling me now i am illegible to win big money. what a waste of time.

jimj36
11/13/13

the lotto scratch games are a joke, you never win and they always just give you tokens, I don't want tokens, I want the money because I need money to pay my medical bills.

mikea46
10/1/13

Aside from registering for the big prizes which everyone wants, this site offers other online games such as simulated bingo, arcade and casino themed games. The problem is the site often locks up and presents a "technical difficulties, try again later" window. When you try to leave the stuck page you get a warning that if you do it will forfeit the game currently in play. So, it's the player's fault that their site malfunctioned? Not very sporting of PHC.com. Also numerous pop-under ad windows will open while on the site and these seem to contribute to incidents of technical problems during game play. Expect to get around a half dozen emails per day regarding the games you use. If you offer up an email address to any PHC partners that address will be slammed with spam in the future. Try creating a free address somewhere just for this purpose in order to keep your regular address clear.

noneuhy
9/25/13

First they say you won---but need to complete some offers. Fine. EXCEPT then they splash up a HUGE screen preventing you from completing the required information. TOTAL SCAM. Probably time for a class action suit...

robertr50
7/17/13

If you sign up be prepared for a LOT of email SPAM. Try to 'unsubdscribe they say it takes 10 business days. Really? In the meantime they send you more and more 'offers' to be rich. Anyway to report these ^&%^&s?

melissac6
7/16/13

Hi everyone! Well, I love PCH. Even though it's kinda hard to win stuff because so many people enter, this website is LEGIT! I played a game called Quiz4Cash, I think it was like in early 2009 when they had the game (got cancelled since), it was a great game. I received 2 $200 checks from them. It was awesome, because I was unemployed at the time. I just wanted to let everyone know my experience with them as being legit when I played their games and DID receive money about a month after I claimed it on their site. I still play their sweepstakes games. Just wanted to say that they are the real deal.

bobbiem12
6/14/13

i have won with pch and im waiting to win again to help my disabled family ,son and mom and self ,, i won a dollar 1n 2000 and was over whelmed and thought it was a joke but soon realised it was a first in a line of checks that pch sends out so im told im waiting we will see but het keeping the faith every one should play and never stop it increases the amounts you can win and your chances are better as well !

leisak1
5/23/13

They say you could win but I never see it I have received final notice finish step and u won and nothing

juliab24
5/14/13

DONT GIVE THEM YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. I was dumb enough to enter my email address on one of the PCH giveaways - and since then I am bombarded with SPAM. In the 8 years I have had my gmail account, I have never had Spam in my InBox. Since giving PCH my email address, I get spam every day now.
DO NOT let them get their hands on your EMAIL address.

mariann31
4/28/13

PCH has been around A very long time, if they were A scam they would not be operating for 50+ years? People do your research :) You may have very slim odds of winning but that don't mean no1 wins! I mean some people have been entering for 40 or more years, think about it, there is a lot of people entering and only 1 can win! But it can happen! And by the way I do not work for PCH :)

geraldv7
4/19/13

I don't know if the sweepstakes entries are legit or not. There is no way to tell. However, i can tell you that the merchandise they sell is of very poor quality. The good news is that if you send it back they give you a 100% refund, no questions asked. I have stopped ordering from them because not one item has ever been satisfactoty. An read the fine print about the shipping charges. They really get you there.

krispis
4/12/13

They overcharge on shipping if you buy anything other than magazines. I purchased a CD and they billed me $8 for shipping!!! It does not cost $8 to mail a CD. I was playing one of the contest games and it actually looked like I would win a large amount of money and suddenly........the page froze and could not be recovered.

giw1
2/28/13

Went to web site to enter sweepstakes and an online web site order # 304335075XX was processed in error totaling $14.96? When I received the e-mail order confirmation I contacted PCH at 1 800 459 4724 on 02/26/2013 to CANCEL the order and was told by ROBERT that the order had not yet shipped?
I was told to call back to assure that the order was in fact CANCELLED? On 02/27/2013 I telephoned to 1 800 459 4724 and was told by BRAD that the order
shipped out on 02/19/2013 by tracking # 9102 9270 1035 7868 XX23 XX and that
NO BILL WAS DUE since the order was CANCELLED? I asked if I could refuse delivery of the shipment and was told by BRAD "no" just gift it away. Not sure I
would ever order from PCH because I am put into an awkward position now to
pay for a CANCELLED order that PCH shipped and was processed in error? It has been an issue to get the matter resolved to date as e-mails have been ignored? I never received an e-mail informing me that the order had shipped and when I spoke with ROBERT on 02/26/2013 he did not provide me with valid order status information? Be very careful when entering the PCH sweepstakes that no
orders are processed in error!!!!!!!

brittennie
1/30/13

I just got an email from pch and it has a picture of a check saying ill will 5000 a week on the 28th of feb. has anyone got that or is this just a scam cause pch has been sending me tons of emails but non saying they want my bank accounts or anything i just want to know if this is a scam or not cause i saw the commercial on tv and i entered in the begining of this month.

miltonj3
1/4/13

every time you sign up on big five million play well i kept getting tthe same return and no way to complete the signup also a notice from google that the page was being directed in a manner so it could not be completed,very sorry way to do business.

brianh46
12/7/12

Just saw someone trash publishers clearing house, WTF? of course they are selling magazines and other merchandise, what do you think they are some billionaire who give out money for fun?
I have found them to be just what they say they are! I do not buy anything i do not want, however I do look at the stuff they have. I have found some real nice deals on things like you see on QVC and other TV offerings. As well the GAMES ARE FUN! if they send anything you do not like they unsubscribe faster than any I have seen and it is easy. I would say if anyone is unhappy with PCH it is their own fault for expecting too much. It is what it is and I LIKE IT!

sm297
10/17/12

They send you an email everyday expecting you to buy their cheap expensive junk or magazines. If you don't respond everyday, they tell you, you are not going to win, someone else will & you will forfeit everything.

sharonb16
3/3/12

Site doesn't function well - many times the game freezes & you lose everything. Happens a lot on the "10x tokens" games. I've played zillions of hours & never won anything. Nothing. Watched 100000 ads. msgames games are better done. PCH doesn't even let members communicate. It has this "level up" trick that makes you think you'll get something, but you get nothing. Very hard to reach them & get answers.

hm6
Apprentice Reviewer
7/4/11

I wasn't going to review this site, but since they do sell things it made the cut. I was surprised at all the people who said they got scammed by PCH that I was reading on a different consumer site.

I play PCHlotto regularly and It's fun! And I don't have to buy a ticket!
They also have a blog about their trips to find winners. They will find you if you are on vacation. They will sit and wait for you to come home from the store. The Prize Patrol is a SURPRISE with their giant check and flowers and champagne! That IS the first time a winner knows they won!

Sometimes other companies pose as PCH and say you have won prizes but it is usually a phishing scam. You may want to check your computer for a virus or spyware that knows you have been to PCH. I think if people were more careful online they would realize that they had clicked a popup-window that was an ad on a PCH site. There's a window that pops up and says I won when the PCHloto is loading the games page. I just hit the "X" and close that window because it is NOT PCH!. They do have "offers" at the end before they enter you for 10 million bucks but if you wait for the entire page to load at the bottom you will see a button to "skip" those offers. I get their emails too and have no problem entering or getting to the end of an entry without buying something.

Also, I have entered by mail for years before the internet and would occasionally order their random gadgets. I have never had a problem with them. I didn't get charged for items and they didn't ship me things I never ordered. So, either I am very lucky or some other folks on consumer affairs got scammed by a company pretending to be PCH!

The whole point of the Prize Patrol is to surprise the winner. You won't get paperwork in the mail to win a prize. You don't have to pay for your prize either! Just taxes, unless you won the tax free drawing! They do word things at times to make your heart jump, but it's just a come on to get you to open the email.
I think PCH shaped up after they got in trouble for misleading the elderly. They do have fun games to play as well. You may have to watch an ad first but you can win tokens to earn more entries on most games. The more entries you have the higher your odds of winning.

tomw12
Apprentice Reviewer
4/9/11

Is there any cyber laws that exists? How do all these bogus PTC sites exist? Where is Interpol or FBI's cyber Division when you need them? I'm sure theres some law being broken. There is hundreds of these PTC sites that exist. Is (PCH)Publishers Clearing House the largest PTC site there is? Whats the manic urge/desire for people to join? Their odds of winning are only 1 in 1.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.
The odds of actually winning a Publishers Clearing House Sweepstake is so astronomical, you'd be more likely getting mauled by a Grizzly Bear and a Polar Bear both together under the New York City Subway System. Hay Chris Hansen...

sophien
EXPERT
10/19/09

These sweepstakes sites, Publisher's Clearing House and others, really make me angry. They target the poor, under-educated and elderly, promising big cash prizes and playing on their hopes and dreams, when in reality all they are trying to do is sell magazine subscriptions. People would be better off keeping their money in a savings account, government savings bonds, gold, or anything else. The odds of winning the $10M prize are 505 million to 1. So that means if you played every day it would take you 1 million years to have even odds of winning.

Please stay away!

More information:

robp
10/19/09

Fun. Chance to win big bucks each day and you don't have to buy anything unless you want to. Thought it was fake but my cousin lives next door to the winner of 1 million last year. Says she has now moved to a much bigger house. He's bummed they did not come to his house next door!