US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

courtneyg

It is 100% safe and secure and customer service is great. (in 42 reviews)

skyk

While they take commissions when you receive money - they are acceptable compared with the fees my local banks charge. (in 140 reviews)

chrise5

and bank account linked, and also almost 100% approval of purchases, would that make you nervous? (in 24 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

bobj102
4/30/16

I am pissed that this company is attempting to hurt the population of a State for a measure passed by the government. Not making any comment on the bill, just the fact that a multi million dollar corporation is attempting to influence local politics with terrorist tactics. Have an account but I rarely use it. Seriously considering deleting my account and asking others to do the same.

dellac3
4/19/16

Big thanks to paypal for a job well done.

johnh499
4/17/16

If you want to wait 3 weeks to get your money after a straight forward sale on the now scam ridden E bay and be charged $8's or so for the privilege, (after being forced to give your bank details rather than have them Credit the dedicated debit card you normally use online) then go right ahead and use the rip of system. The fact that they get 3 weeks of interest free money from me for nothing and charge me for doing so, and then rub it in by telling me that they wont charge me again for transferring my money to my account, which by the way will take up to another 5 business days, destroys any faith I once had in either company.
Alternatives fortunately exist, bye bye E bay, bye bye Pay Pal.

alexs333
4/15/16

I usually shop with the PayPal account, I have since 2014. I had 3 situations when they returned my money after I opened a dispute and proved my point. Wonderful service!

misakih
4/12/16

If you are a buyer using PayPal for purchases, it's great.
However, as a seller, it's like not receiving any payment for your goods at all. You can never be sure, that you will be able to keep the payment for your merchandise.
Buyer has 180 days since the payment to open a dispute for whatever reason he wants - item not received or unauthorised transaction. No express delivery tracking with buyer's signature? You lose your entire payment, shipping cost and the merchandise as well.
It does not matter, that the buyer selected economy delivery without tracking at checkout. Even if you have a valid tracking number showing delivery, the dispute will be in 99% cases closed in buyer's favor. The only tracking, which they accept is signed delivery by FedEx or UPS, which is unrealistic if you sell items of average value.
I pay PayPal 500$ in fees per month for no seller protection at all and theft of my money whenever a fraudulent buyer decides to get a free item.

philips32
4/12/16

While I was deployed they allowed some scam company to auto charge my card for 1500$.When I returned home they were demanding money for something I never authorized.

geoffp8
4/12/16

PAID FOR GOODS WITH PAYPAL. Goods were not fit for purpose (they were chinese crap from sammydress). Paypal refuse to give me my money back as I did not return goods. I maintained that the seller should have sent a prepaid label and goods would be returned at no more cost to me.

maureenn15
4/8/16

PayPal quite happily let you sign up, give them all your information including bank account and credit card, they let you sell some items on ebay, take payments for over 3 months (without any issue) but as soon as you try and take the money out they limit your account and suddenly need lots more information?!
Dont use if you cannot afford to lose the money!

tiffanym45
4/6/16

What good is using PayPal now that everytime you sell on eBay or another site or family and friends send you money it pends for up to 21 days. Rude customer services the way they speak to you on the phone. A woman helped me release my money then it happened again so I rang back and two men I spoje to at different times were so disappointing didn't help didn't speak sence and wouldn't release my money. I wont be using PayPal again. Discusting. Please dont open a account as they will not release money.

katiem64
4/5/16

i've had the worst experience with paypal recently and it's really been the only time i've used it. I sold a few things on ebay and because i used paypal it took fees off me as well as ebay which i understand as i listed with them. Next thing i couldn't get my money into my own bank account so i emailed them a few times and I am yet to receive an answer even though they say they will get back to you within 24 hours. Tried ringing them up and they give a contact number on their website which costs you, however there is a free phone number which i found out about from a friend, but they do not list this number on their website. I had to sign up another account to transfer money to me and guess what....yep another charge!! I says it can take a while to transfer the money. However a while ended up being 5 days and then another 4 days to actually get the money into my account. Safe to say I deleted both accounts as soon as the money was in my bank. Biggest load of s@!* i've ever used.

jillb48
4/1/16

Paypal is owned by eBay. They are both continually looking for ways to get more money from the people who use them.

Recently, I bought a membership online that defaulted to my PayPal account. I tried to reverse the transaction, but PayPal was not cooperative. Credit Cards work really hard to help you not get screwed by online businesses. They will cancel your transactions and open a dispute case. PayPal does/will not. They simply debit your bank account. Why not just use a debit card?

xh12
3/30/16

A few years ago I was bitten by transfer my balance out to my linked checking account. I thought it should be free as all other similar services I had used, but Paypal did took a not small portion out of it. I didn't have time to complain but stopped using it on banking side.

Two days ago one friend sent me $130 it looked more shady this time: Paypal sent him notice saying I would get paid $130, and on my side I only got $125.9 after $4.1 fee deduction. This time I took time to check the company's fee policy, as I care about the mutual trust between us: It shouldn't take any fee based on the transaction type we did.

I guess that's how Paypal's good profit comes from, pretty shameful business.

alyssam27
3/28/16

Horrible customer service! Horrible!!!!!!! After their glitchy app told me to "retry" a payment that was "did not go through." I did as instructed, and re-processed a payment of $300.00 from my Debit card. After looking back through my receipts within in 10 minutes of making the payment, I noticed that the first payment did in fact go through. I instantly called PayPal and requested to have one of the two $300.00 payments stopped as it was a mistake and a default through their smart phone app. The customer service representative was not well versed at all and to save myself time I requested to be transferred to a "tech representative," I was told by the tech representative at PayPal that they could not stop the payment, there was nothing at all that she could do for me on their end and that the entire payment has already processed. Although I could clearly see on my bank account that no drafts had been made at all. Hearing how disappointed I was, the representative advised me to call my personal bank and to request a stop payment through them if I really did in fact need to stop the double processed payment of $300.00. This is exactly what I did. I called my bank and paid for a $35 stop payment fee in order to avoid the additional $300.00 payment that never should have processed to begin with. My bank assured me that the second payment would not be processed. I felt at ease for a good three days until I received an email from PayPal the following week stating that my bank had denied 1 of 2 payments and that they had pulled the second amount of $300.00 from my second bank card on file. Now let me just explain what exactly my " secondary bank card on file is." When I was 16 years old I received my first Student Checking Account secondary to my mothers bank account. Throughout high school and my undergraduate degree, I would use this account here and there to make purchases, my mother was able to transfer me money when needed etc.... I am now 24 years old. I no longer live in the are of the country where this bank (Commerce Bank) exists. I live on the east coast.... thousands of miles away from any Commerce Bank. This is the "secondary bank card" PayPal charged. I instantly called customer service again . Explained my self in detail... and explained that I was instructed by their tech services representative to request a stop payment from my bank. She did not explain that once the payment was stopped Paypal would continue to pull the draft from any and every source of income they could find. ONCE AGAIN. PAYPAL DID NOT CARE. Not only was I now out $600.00.... I am also out an additional $35 from the requested stop payment fee. I was transferred to three different managers and was told by all 3 that there was nothing they could do, they would not and could not stop the payment... even though once again nothing had been drafted from my bank.. and that basically they could care less. Please keep in mind.... this is all happening due to a glitch and mistake on their behalf with their smart phone app. So now because I have listened to PayPal's instructions on two different requests... I am being screwed over by their company for listening and for trusting them with my funds and my bank information. I finished the conversation with the 3rd manager that I had been transferred to screaming at the top of my lungs. I told her that I was not going to have to call my mother thousands of miles away and have her transfer funds into my "secondary card in file" to avoid an overdraft fee because I would literally have to get on a plane in order to make it to any close enough Commerce Bank prior to the $300.00 being pulled out. She still did not care and refused to help me. I told her that first and foremost I knew she was lying about the payment "already being processed" and unable to stop, that I planned to immediately call my bank and to request and additional stop payment from ALL paypal transactions, and TO NOT TAKE ANYMORE MONEY OUT OF MY BANK. After calling Commerce and then my mother to stop the paypal payment and transfer the amount of $300 just encase it where to somehow draft anyway.... I felt as though this issue was over... there is nothing else that can be stolen from your bank. After seeing within in two days that no payment of $300 had been taken, I told my mother she could transfer back the $300 amount, I closed my bank account completely with Commerce, deleted all of my bank information from my Paypal account, deleted the smart phone app off of my iPhone, AND CLOSED THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT ENTIRELY. I felt once again, at ease and as if this terrible nightmare was over. I even took the additional steps to protects myself with my current bank account Wells Fargo and request a long term stop payment from all Paypal transactions for 2 years. Wells Fargo insured me that everything would be okay, my bank account was in good hands... I would see not see a second $300 payment from this company. About 5 days later....... SURPRISE!!!! My mother called me and said that PayPal had taken $300.00 FROM HER OWN PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNT. Not in my name, not at all associated to me at all. At this point she agreed to help me pay off the additional amount of $300.00 as the two of us had given up on any hopes of being treated fairly and with reasonable customer service. PayPal most definitely won this war. I will never in my life ever again use this company. I manage three gyms for a corporation of 8 and never in my life would I put a customer in this type of a complication. I am mortified at this PayPal's lack of customer service and care. I absolutely hate this company because of the trouble they put me through and even heavily considered claiming fraud through my mothers account and having the amount refunded. This company steals your money. They are robbers and liars. I will never ever in my life ever open a PayPal account again.

michellek80
3/28/16

They will hold your money for no reason randomly for 6 months. You're better going with square cash for business or google wallet!

monicab46
3/28/16

When ever I buy anything online I Always use PayPal. It is the safest way to pay. If you don't receive your item of your oven didn't match the description they give you a refund.if I could give them a ten I would!

thaik
3/27/16

Got a clothes washer from AppliancesConnection.com. It arrived damaged. Paypal told me to pack it up and send it to AppliancesConnection.com at my own cost to get a refund.

kimberlyew
3/25/16

My team and I worked on the app for about 5 days and communicated with the seller when we realized the app did not work as described.

We initiated a refund on January 30, 2016. The seller refused the 14-day money back guarantee advertised.

After notifying PayPal and Capital One, both parties suggested we talk to seller and we did. . PayPal opened a claim, Capital One held my money from the seller, and sent a formal letter indicating the seller has to respond within a matter time, if not the case would close and the refund would withstand. However, on March 24, 2016, I realized that PayPal closed the disputed case (PP-004-610-017-807) without notifying me. I called PayPal 3 times and abruptly the phone disconnected as I held each time for a representative.

I am highly disappointed that PayPal acted in favor of the seller and not the customer. I have been with PayPal for 7 years now and have acted responsibly and ethically by their standards.

I adhered to the Chupamobile LTD refund policy, I reacted professionally and reasonably. If Chupamobile LTD does not want to adhere to their refund policy of 14-day money back guarantee it should be removed from their site. I am ashamed that PayPal would favor on the side of seller that does not adhere to their own policies. I now have to determine whether my money is safe with Pay Pal.

jackieb37
3/18/16

I still stand by the poor customer service, but I must apologise I have checked with my bank, and have found that there was a mix up and my money although showing as gone through papal wasn't taken

Tip for consumers: Don't use these

panagiotisd1
3/8/16

Hi my name is Panagiotis deligiannis and I use paypal for more than 3 years when I made the decision to use paypal for my website permanent and I started to proceed with a transaction they hold 20.000 usd the money I have in my account fro 180 days my suppliers was upset with me because I didn't have other money to pay and paypal create big damage to my company .I don't know how the authorities allow paypal to generate cash flow using third parties money hold the money for 180 days without any interest and put the companies like me in huge risk .Don't use Paypal Be away from this type of electronic fraud

christiang29
2/27/16

If you like fighting to receive your money on each and every transaction, paypal is for you. If you like waiting weeks to receive payments, paypal is for you. If you like spending 30+ minutes on the phone trying to talk to a human being, paypal is for you.

richardk72
2/26/16

Customer service is a joke. Calling Paypal to resolve an issue is a waste of time. All you get is a confused agent who cannot listen or resolve your issue. They say what they need to get you off the phone then do nothing to fix your problem. I called to delete an account and cancel a charge, One week later I am notified that the bank rejected the charge. Duh, why do you think I called and notified Paypal the account had been closed. BTW I had attempted to delete the account on the internet 1 month earlier but was unsuccessful

jonathanl25
2/19/16

Recently PayPal Credit was maid unavailable with Uber, all of the sudden Uber charges were taken directly out of my account putting me in a tough situation. Not ok with how the charges were handled.

Lets the consumer be anonymous and makes payments easy on things that are normally too expensive.

achrefm
2/10/16

I have Paypal account for more than 3 years , used to buy some stuff from Ebay or to pay for online services(Software etc..), but suddenly last 2 weeks they limit my account for no reason and as per their mail, ' my account may be in violation of United States regulations administered by the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
LOL i felt like i'm a terrorist or someone dangerous. Anyway they asked for document proving my address same as shown on my Paypal account, i sent them Phone bill, they reject it because there's two letters missing !! then i send them everything i have(Other bills, ID, DL, Passport, Visa, Tracking Number From DHL showing my full address, Bank Statement, Screenshot from my Bank Account Online etc...) then they stopped replying on my mails for 4 days, then i started calling them and this was the start of the nightmare, they have the worst and Stupidest customer service ever in the world, most of them are Arabic speakers. First they reply on the phone after 5 minutes of waiting Second they pretend that he's not hearing you then hang up the call, finally they are stupid they can't understand and they will never help it's just a waste of time.
However, after 2 weeks my account returned to regular standing (as per their mail) BUT when i tried to Buy something from Ebay, Paypal refused the transaction and at the same time the amount deducted from my credit card, i tried again same problem happened and the amount deducted twice a total of 300GBP !! Called my bank said Paypal took the money and transaction done, then called Paypal said they didn't took the money but there's a problem in returning that amount and theyneed to investigate and escalate my problem to other department etc...
More than 10 days and still nothing returned to my account and nothing changed.
Paypal F Scammers.

mikeg163
2/8/16

Paypal Backs sham companies Like Cupid dating sites-beware! I filed for return of my money within 24 hours of joining that site when I discovered it to be a sham.
Paypal paid, without my consent, from my account after reviewing my plea to return my money. I sent the link of complaints that were listed on site jabber but they seemed not to care and sided by cupid.com. Don't do business with these companies!

jims175
2/8/16

i like it

jamesv43
2/4/16

In the past when I was in Iraq Paypal gave access to my brother, now nothing really affected me other than upon my return I could not use it myself due to the credit card transaction I had no idea how and what credit card he used forcing me to used an alternative email address. That brings up the question how safe is to use Paypal. I recently made a purchase I was not even asked which pay method I wanted to use, they processed payment on a bank account that my wife had recently closed. Well the bank contacted me letting me know and offer options. So I attempted to contact Paypal using the phone number from the website first if I was over 50 push pound, offer for T-Mobile and last Satellite Cable. No customer service rep. I called several times finally they said my phone would be block. I called 4 times thru Ebay, got hung up by the time I got thru I was hot. No results. I paid the bank and their fee. Good luck with them.

jackw93
2/4/16

Six years ago I tried to open a PayPal account before I knew anything about them. They repeatedly declined the picture of my ID that I took with my HD Canon Camcorder saying it was too blurry, despite being 1080P soon after that first came out. So I closed my account, this was also when I had a different bank.

Recently on Ebay I got screwed over when doing a guest paypal payment after a six year boycott. It declined both of my cards, neither of which had been attached to the account six years ago. I called customer service and they said my account needed to be verified. $#*! please, I closed that 6 years ago, are you serious? This is exactly why I closed it too. After so many attempts to verify ID they refuse to let you keep trying and then try to mail you stuff but it never sends. So they closed my account.

My cards still got declined. I was with customer service for both cards for a while and made sure all billing addresses matched. Still no avail.

I was in communication with the seller and PayPal gave me one other option: get a PayPal invoice. The seller ignored all of this and cancelled our transaction, and Ebay- Paypal's affiliate, made it impossible to give the seller a bad rating, and warn others in the community about the scam.

The community was even badgering other buyers for complaining about bad sellers and mods were removing content that was negative about sellers!

Tip for consumers: BOYCOT PAYPAL. Ever notice you'll go on a site completely monopolized by their payment program? And you can't buy on that site around PayPal? This is a dictatorship of regulations and manipulation. There are better options. Leave.

marcuse5
1/31/16

Pay Pal is behind in online payments. Square and google wallet are better. None of those dumb ass holds.

christopherr55
1/27/16

There are too many better options such as Square, Flint, Paysimple, Venmo, and more. Pay Pal is outdated and takes too long to transfer money. Not to mention they could hold your money for 6 months at any given time. Smh. Trust me, they are not worth dealing with.

marthag26
1/24/16

My daughter baught item from a Disney seller on FB and used PayPal. She only received one portion of her items. When my daughter disputed, the seller gave PayPal a tracking number for the first purchase and said she had mailed all items in that shipment. My daughter offered to share the FB private messages which includes admission from seller that what she told PayPal was false, PayPal said they could not use those messages. Now they've sided with the seller after telling my daughter that this would be resolved as a seller could not use one tracking number for multiple different orders. This company's customer service is all over the place as well, you get a different answer every time you talk to someone!!!

This is totally ridiculous. I know that there are reputable sellers out there, but please stay away from these scammers that make their pages private. You can't review them and can't verify if they're a legitimate business.

nicholasd19
1/20/16

Hey all,
Came across this article on the Business Consumer Alliance website and it looks like any of us who have basically been victimized by PayPal may be able to recoup some of the money lost. I know i had my account put on hold for a while and no one could really give me a good reason why. The class action law suit went in favor of the consumers and we may be able to claim some of the $4million dollars they are forced to now pay. Here's the story: http://www.checkbca.org/blog/2016/1/paypal-to-pay-4-million-to-settle-class-action-suit-317

conniem46
1/11/16

I have no respect for this company, not one person knows what they are doing, no one, IF YOU ASK FOR HELP YOU WILL NOT GET IT.

jeffr749
1/9/16

PayPal buyer protection is a joke. Clear case of receiving a defective refurb iMac - after many emails and alot of wasted time, PayPal rules that Item was as described. No, it was broken upon receipt. PayPal blatantly sided with seller - no protection for buyer. Beware.

carried18
12/29/15

It is very frightening that a company with this much ineptness has access to our bank accounts and personal information. Rarely do I post reviews, but I couldn't sit on my hands with PayPal anymore. Spoke with a client service rep named "Kevin". Kevin was rude, evasive, and whenever I pointed out his mistakes, he simply put me on hold for 15-20 minutes. It was clear that the error had occurred on their end, but zero responsibility was taken. I suggest staying very far away from this service ... if that's what you want to call it.

justint42
1,580 helpful votes
12/28/15

Honestly never had a issue but when i do its sorted very quick within a day what most people don't know is that when they contact customer service a auto reply email is sent if that don't help you then email back and ask for a human reply in which they do.

PayPal makes it easy for me to send money to family and friends in other countries, yes theirs a small charge but its a lot cheaper then my bank would charge.

jiml77
12/27/15

3 fraudulent transactions. 3 fraudulent companies representing themselves dishonestly. 3 failed claims Swoggi Ebay Amazon.

Do not believe Paypal is their to protect your interest it serves itself and it's own agenda at the expense of it's customers. The chances of them blacklisting fraudulent companies who they have received numerous complaints about is 0 to none. Believe the advertising hype at your peril.

To: nonservice@paypal.com
In an effort to not assist you as quickly and efficiently as possible, please do not communicate direct to us. Once you log in to your account, you can click on "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal web page. This will give you further information on how to Call Us if you would prefer to contact us by phone or to send us an email. You can also choose "Resolution Center" which will take you to PayPal's central hub for buyer and seller resolution and limitation information.
It is our intention to make communications as difficult as possible and to cause you as much inconvenience as possible in the hope you will go away.
Of course you should expect us to behave in the same manner as we expect you to behave to us. That of course would open the door to dealing with customers problems promptly and professionally. Woe begone cannot have that might cost us time and money.

To have given out an email address would have taken seconds and of course seen us promptly and efficiently deal with your problems and issues. Cannot have that can we. UNDERSTAND! We are not here to help you but to ensure our rules are followed without question.

service@paypal.com should be renamed nonservice@paypal.com

Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 06:58:03 +0000
From: service@paypal.com

Subject: AutoResponse - Email Returned SAXK (KMM185270637V85858L0KM) :ppNA

Dear
Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Service.
In an effort to assist you as quickly and efficiently as possible, please direct all customer service inquires through our website. Once you log in to your account, you can click on "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal web page. This will give you further information on how to Call Us if you would prefer to contact us by phone or to send us an email. You can also choose "Resolution Center" which will take you to PayPal's central hub for buyer and seller resolution and limitation information.
We want to help you but we are not able to respond to emails sent directly to this address. We value your business and want to provide you with the best customer care.
Thanks,
PayPal

jeann334
12/27/15

Without much detail, Paypal will always protect you !!! if you have a choice to purchase an item use Paypal.

janiceh23
12/23/15

Was reading over some of the bad reviews and was surprised by the comments. The only one I agree with is that hold times can be frustrating. Other than that, I think PayPal is great!

I got ripped off once by a bogus merchant and after 3 months of investigations, I got my money back.

My husband's PayPal account was compromised and he was able to get the monies back that were stolen from his account. He even got the exchange rate monies back as there was a different rate used from the time of the investigation to the time of the settlement.

He also uses PayPal regularly for his customers to pay for services.

bkd1
12/21/15

They have helped e so much with getting my money back from SammyDress! I really appreciate what they do!

joshuam69
12/15/15

They better be glad I can't upload the photo of how long I've been on hold. I called PayPal before I got in the shower. It's now 1 hour and 39 min later and I'm at work. Still haven't talked to anyone and I guarantee PayPal will do nothing but apologize! There is no EXCUSE for any customer to wait this long for service! HORRIBLE. THEY WILL RESPOND ON HERE BEFORE I GET SOMEONE ON THE PHONE

asifm3
12/11/15

They will not even try to help you get your money back from fraudulent seller

carols110
12/1/15

Rosegal's website does not look like it is from China. I ordered a bunch of items on Oct 30th. Right away I received an email that it would ship China post. I emailed them right away and cancelled the order. Two days later I got a reply from them that one item had shipped. I told them to cancel the rest and I would refuse the item, which I have done. I went on Paypal to find out they charged me the whole 111.42 instead of the 10.00 for the sweater. I emailed Rosegal and received a different reply which I have kept all. I have sent all of these responses to Paypal and keep getting the run around. They even said I had to file a police report, which our state police laughed when I called to see how to do it. The first response from rosegal said they would refund the money and to just keep the shirt but I had already refused it. I waited no refund. I did a claim to paypal. I get another response telling me to change my claim from a not received to not as described claim then they will pay. In the mean time I get a message from paypal that they are offering me 85.00 as a settlement. I refused partial claim. I contacted paypal 3x with no response as to if I should change the claim. I then changed the claim as they asked. They wrote to me and said sorry we can only give you a refund if you close the case. I refused. They emailed me that they can't refund my money after all it was frozen when I refused the settlement. This has gone on for a month with no help from Paypal only stalling. I have written everyday to paypal with no response. I call and the agent says oh no problem they should be getting you a refund in 24-48 hours. That never happened either. I I have even sent paypal the list of companies involved in this scam See below and buyer beware. I know they have had hundreds of complaints about these companies because the people are all over facebook saying they have complained to Paypal and Facebook for letting them advertise and listing them as an approved seller.
Yigou International Group own Zaful and may other online clothing sites:http://www.tradeeasy.com/supplier/714959/yigou.html

They are operating from multiple addresses around the world:

Addresses:
5F No 632 South Jianshe Road
Taiyuan City
Shanxi Province 030000
China

IVAN (sells as rosegal)
Room 201,2rd Floor,Building 8,Zhongxin Industrial City,, Chuangye Road, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province 518054 China

Below from: http://www.complaintsboard.com/zaful-b120091:

Support@ahappydeal.com

IVAN
+86 075586936302

Aosen

These are just SOME of the websites that have been identified as being associated with this ring:

ZAFUL (http://www.zaful.com/)
TB (http://www.tbdress.com)
Sweet dressy (http://www.sweetdressy.com)
Tide store (http://www.tidestore.com)
Vessos h(ttps://www.vessos.com)

When will PayPal take this seriously?????
Yigou International Group - China Wholesales

elizabethw75
11/26/15

PAYPAL SCREWED UP MY ACCOUNTS SO BAD FROM A SIMPLE REQUEST TO PAY MY MOTHER'S PAYPAL CREDIT (WHO HAS DEMENTIA AND IS NOW INSANE) IT IS NOT FIXABLE. THEY QUESTIONED ME TO SPEAK TO MY MOM OVER AND OVER, NOT UNDERSTANDING WHAT DEMENTIA IS I GUESS. THESE PEOPLE ARE RUDE, CARELESS WITH FEELINGS AND INEPT TO THE NTH DEGREE IN BUSINESS!!! AVOID!!!!!!

peterl99
11/22/15

I never had any problems with PayPal.com.

Easy to use, VERY legit and reliable, fast transactions.

clairem38
11/18/15

I use PayPal for both personal & business transactions. Overall it is a great website and keeps transactions secure when you're buying over the internet.
However, if you do have a query, contacting the customer service is almost impossible. If you do mange to find the contact form or email address, all you get back is an automated email telling you to telephone so its completely pointless writing out an email in the first place....plus its no good for people who are deaf or struggle on the telephone.
For such a well known online company, I would expect their online presence to be much better for customers to contact them.

alekseiz
11/2/15

Changed a rented flat and got account blocked. Contacted support and they didnt solve that!

nicolek26
10/28/15

I've been using PayPal for months, and it's typically been fine, but...
I was scammed by Rosewholesale.com, Sammydress.com, and rosegal.com. These are all the same Chinese scam company. I read numerous other reviews on these sites, and it sounds like enough people have paid through PayPal that PayPal should know to cut off ties with this company. I'm disappointed that they haven't. Come on PayPal, you are better than this!

broch
10/26/15

Just had a purchase last July on ebay with tools. The tools were defective, had used my credit card through paypal to buy item. Total cost was just under $300 in two separate purchases from same seller supposedly because misunderstanding of tools being bought one other item was needed for the tool to be useable. Long story short, I emailed merchant, they went into denial about defective part but admitted milling of tool could have been better. I called my credit card about item and asked for refund and sent email to seller to send postage so I could send item back. Seller ignored my request, credit card then refunded my funds. So seller went to ebay, got my credit card information and did a sale directly out of their store, I contacted my card and they then could see the fraud through my emails and paypal @ which capital one gave me my funds back. EBAY and PAYPAL are a working unethical business and it's just a matter of time where their bad deeds will get them in trouble!

Tip for consumers: Just got off ebay, here is complaint I filled out to ebay on todays escapade. Ebay is getting only worse!!!

Seller agreed in my offer price to include shipping. The check out is trying to charge me for shipping. Look at my offer sent to seller, it is stated twice to include shipping.

Just got off phone with Chen at ebay stating agreement price was $65 with shipping included. Chen was repetitive with "wait for buyer to send invoice". Why does one need to wait when seller agreed, sends me t

lesieurr
10/21/15

To whom it may concern,

I miss beekharry P has open a dispute on paypal,case no: # PP-004-231-425-149.But the problem is that i am unable to to respond to my dispute .And I have send to email to paypal,but unfortunately receive no reply.Therefore,I have purchase a mobile on 31/08/2015 on everbuying order no :EEP1508311035375734, and the seller has shipped the product out after 3 weeks that is on 23/09/2015.
And as the seller policy clearly say that the product should ship within 7 days.And more the site promise to 30 days money back guarantee.plus I have open 3 case on the site but no fruitful solution were proposed to me.
And today we are the 21/10/2015 still I have not receive my product that I have purchase at $166.

please Paypal help me
I think it is the only way that i could communicate to you as i am unable to respond to the case ,and I have email you twice but no reply so far.

sincerely
Priyaksha

sandin1
10/20/15

Been with Paypal and eBay over 10 years with several accounts. Something changed after they split. Maybe had 1 problem with them in the 10 years. This month (as of 10/20/15) I've had 2 in the same day. They accepted unallowable returns on behalf of my eBay store. They did NOT read my side. Both buyers stated to PP "item not as described". BUT both buys told me "it just didn't work out". Their wordings seemed too exact. So I went back to their id's. Both buyers live near each other in the DC area. Seemed odd again. And both had fairly new accounts (which always scares me). I think our store got scammed and Paypal helped with the damage. I appealed the case; still waiting. I also had to file a Better Business Bureau claim, which they approved and forwarded within an hour. You can be slapped with a chargeback 180 days after your item sold. We sell authenticate luxury shoes. We cannot take returns due to potential fake replacements. So we've closed the store and trying to figure out our next step.

337 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the PayPal staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question