US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

chrise5

and bank account linked, and also almost 100% approval of purchases, would that make you nervous? (in 16 reviews)

lorrainew3

When you become an e-bayer there are not a whole lot of ways to send money to the sellers. (in 103 reviews)

courtneyg

It is 100% safe and secure and customer service is great. (in 25 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

refaelc
3/31/15

PayPal is the way eBay get the money when you have a dispute on eBay. They are just the way for ebay to still from you when you have a dispute with eBay. Ebay decide that you need to give a refund and they just take the money from your PayPal account like if it's their money. PayPal don't say anything.

dennyd3
3/28/15

I first started selling on EBay when PainPal was just beginning there. In those days before EBay combined with PP money orders and cashier checks and even personal checks were the norm on EBay and every seller accepted them as payment. Every buyer was aware that their money order or cashiers check had to be cashed first before shipping was done. And everyone accepted the fact that if you paid with a personal check you'd have to wait until it cleared before your item was shipped out. I knew many sellers and neither they or myself ever once had a problem with a bad money order, cashiers check, or personal check. I never even heard of anyone complaining that those forms of payment were unsafe in any way. Then EBay execs got greedy for more of the seller's money. They realized that if they integrated with PreyPal they could force everyone to use their private method of money transfers and add yet another charge onto every seller's fees. The first thing they did when acquiring the link to PP was to write up new policy claiming that using money orders and cashiers checks and personal checks and literally any other method of money transfer was "unsafe for the EBay community". And naturally, the only way to really be safe on EBay from then on was to use Pain-in-the-ass-Pal. A lot of people were instantly duped by the way EBay cared so much about them losing their money to fraud. They failed to realize that there was never any fraud to begin with, and the only fraud was being perpetrated by EBay itself. PainPal was smart enough to not screw with the buyers accounts. That gave them enough satisfied customers and ratings to keep themselves looking respectable on the outside. It was the sellers who incurred all the fees anyway so why should any buyers complain? For a long time it was basically only the EBay sellers who were complaining about the extra fees and subsequent problems with accounts. But PreyPal was getting greedier and greedier. Pretty soon they were freezing seller's accounts right and left claiming "suspicious activity" and holding all the money in that account hostage for up to six months while they "investigated" the circumstances. They would often limit the account activity making it worthless to a seller until they were provided multiple documents proving to their satisfaction your ID was verified. They had every excuse imaginable why they were limiting or especially freezing your account. Many times the reasons they gave were totally sketchy and made no logical sense. But the victim had little if any recourse but to wait it out. It wasn't long before the forums were jammed with people complaining about their mistreatment by PreyPal. A lot of people were beginning to really hate PP. But they were stuck with EBay's "safety policies", which gave sellers no alternative to sell on EBay but with PP. But there were still a huge percentage of buyers who'd never experienced any problems with PainPal, and they were not convinced right away that these sellers who were complaining weren't just doing so because they were the ones who had to pay the fees. There are very few people who use PP for only buying that ever get their accounts frozen. That's because PainPal only goes after the accounts with large amounts of money sitting in them and those are usually always the sellers. Now there are many people who figure that if PP froze an account they must have had some legitimate reason that the seller isn't copping to. What I'm going to tell you right now will prove that is absolutely and completely untrue and will expose PreyPal for the thieves they really are. It was just by sheer chance that I was exposed to and told the truth about what goes on behind PP closed doors. A few years ago I met a man. The how, where, and why I can't elaborate on. But we were in a setting that caused us to speak frankly and openly with each other. The guy was obviously very distraught and had been for some time. I had just been talking about my current problems and concerns and that caused him to feel more comfortable in speaking openly with me. I told him he appeared very troubled and asked what it might be. He said he hardly ever got any decent sleep and his nerves were shot. Naturally I was curious why he was in that condition. He said it was all bcuz of the job he'd been doing, didn't make it clear how long. I asked How did your job cause you so much concern? He asked me if I was familiar with PP. I said yes. He then went on to explain that he used to work for PP but had quit bcuz he just could not take the strain anymore.
When asked why it was so stressful he proceeded to explain to me that the sole purpose of his job there was to choose random accounts to freeze for long periods so PP could make money with those funds. He said it was up to him to give some kind of BS excuse why the account was frozen and the money was being held. He said they paid him a large salary to do that and that's what enticed him at first. But after a certain length of time his conscience was killing him. He couldn't look himself in the mirror anymore and it was very difficult to sleep at night. It got so bad he was unable to perform his job anyway so he just quit. At the time that this occurred I wasn't aware of all the hoopla that had been arising about PainPal freezing accounts. So what he told me didn't mean nearly as much to me until I began reading about that had been happening for quite some time. I had quit selling on EBay long before that and wasn't aware of what was taking place there in recent years. But after I've read about what they've done to people I felt compelled to give my story and enlighten some of the doubting Thomas's who are under the impression that PainPal only does what it needs to for the safety of it's users. I'm sure there will be some who are skeptical about my submission. I can only say that this is what I was told and I had no reason to doubt the guy and personally believed every word he said. I can't imagine why anyone would want to fabricate a situation like that to involve themselves in. In hindsight I wish I would have pressed him for more details, but I really didn't realize the impact of what he was telling me, and bcuz of his distraught appearance it didn't feel appropriate.

beekharryp
3/20/15

can someone please help me!!
Its been already two weeks that i'm getting problem with my account.
when i enter my password the system say that it's incorrect but when i click forget password, the system send me and email,i click on it and try to change the password again,then they ask me to put my credit card number.
so when i click continue the system tell them that there is an error,but when check i found that i have insert the card numbers correctly , I phoned in my country bank, but they said to me that they found not issue with my card it's okay,my card status also is okay..
I mentioned it clearly on the email i send to paypal that my email address is working fine,but each time they reply with the same message,change email ,change phoned number.
but i want to know where the problem come from???
can you please help me and fix the problem for me..

bonnieb42
3/14/15

I ordered some items from china on the net and paid with paypal. I only received 3 of the 5 items, and the ones I did receive were damaged, filed with paypal to get my money back was told to ship to a certain address which they gave me which I did insured. nothing was done, finally today they ask for proof, I gave them my shipping receipt and the insurance, less than 10 minutes I get an e-mail saying case close in sellers favor,,wwhhhattt the hell. They said the proof was in valid, no way I mailed it though the USPS.

Tip for consumers: use your cc safer

chrisf64
3/3/15

ike someone already said
a good idea and a good business....turned bad after EBay purchase.
First of all.....not insured (do NOT leave your $$$$ in your Paypal account) !
Second...do you ever wonder why it takes 4/5 days for any funds you transfer to go anywhere???, well...
Let just say....you transfer $ 100 from you bank to Paypal....it should take...hhhmmmm...no time at all...BUT your $100 stay for (at least 3 days in Paypal account...generating interests for Paypal. Now...multiply that $100 by a million of daily transactions and check how much $$$$ is Paypal making out of you $$$.
Then they want a credit card on file, but "they cannot use it to make a payment for you (yup...doing so...they would loose all the interests accrued on the .....$$$ sitting in their account.
....but hey .....after the acquisition by EBay...the same "modus operandi" is applied.
..and between EBay and Paypal...we are paying 17%...again...WAKE UP AMERICA !!, OR SHOULD I say WORLD ?

asl14
2/22/15

If you're an Ebay seller, you pretty much have no choice but to process your sales through PayPal. PayPal takes 6.5% of the sale amount; Ebay takes 10% on top of that.
If you send money to a person or business, same story, 6.5% comes out of what you send.
A lot of businesses, especially small ones, won't except PayPal as a payment option because of this.
In short, there's no winning with PayPal.

Tip for consumers: Avoid sending money to anyone from your PayPal account. Instead transfer money from PayPal to your bank (free) and make the transaction from your bank.
No matter what, when you receive money from any source, PayPal will deduct 6.5%.
Avoid PayPal if at all possible!

richardv22
2/22/15

PayPal is the most ignorant and discriminatory poorly run with no real investigative processes and is completely against sellers in support of buyers who find that after they receive their purchase, if the seller did not put tracking on the item, all they have to do to immediately get all of their money back and still keep the item is to make a claim that they did not receive the item to which PayPal believes exclusively over the sellers proof(s), witnesses and/or objection(s), etc. PayPal is loved by all buyers but hated by all sellers for problem(s) of the like!

Tip for consumers: Call the seller or buyer direct and eliminate PayPal and their ignorant handling of anything!

enricom2
2/20/15

I wrote a review some time ago about a tablet I purchased in October 2014 using PayPal and that didn't work at all. I had issues with the Chinese vendor for the refund so I opened a dispute with PayPal. PayPal promptly replied to me that I had the right to be refunded (including the cost of shipping back) under their purchase protection plan. They sent me the instructions on how to ship back the defective product, which included me giving to PayPal the tracking number of the shipped parcel so they could track the shipment. In January 2015 I shipped the parcel and I "triple" checked the tracking number that I gave PayPal as I knew it was a critical piece of information. PayPal acknowledged the information I sent and informed me that at that point was just a matter of waiting for the parcel to be delivered to China (about 6 weeks according to Canada Post).
I checked after 3 weeks with the same tracking number I gave to PayPal and I saw that the parcel was still in transit.
Beginning of February 2015, a month after I shipped the parcel, I got an email from PayPal stating that the tracking number I gave them didn't work and because of that they closed the dispute for good. I tracked again the shipment the same day with the same tracking number I gave PayPal and it showed it still in transit.
I tried to contact PayPal via email, by phone, tam-tam, smoke signals. Nothing, they could not care less about my case.
To add a little bit of fun to this tragic story PayPal sent me, after few days a survey to, according to them, help them to improve the service. I firmly protested through that survey about their purchase protection service, but nothing happened. The funny thing is that as of today my shipment is still in transit to China...
A serious customer care center would normally follow up with the customer if some of the information is missing or if what they have is not correct or does not work.
The fact that they closed the case so quickly and with no chances to re-open it is very suspicious.
It is not a big deal for me. I will end up losing $300. What really hurts is the fact that we put faith in these pseudo serious companies and we don't really know what people is behind them.
I will close my account with PayPal.

Cheers,
Enrico Messana

dawnk11
2/17/15

I hope you never have a problem with PayPal because when I did it was a nightmare trying to get any help. They gave me the run around over and over again on the phone and through email. When I asked them to cancel my account so I would stop receiving charges they gave me a hard time about that too. It takes a lot to raise my blood pressure and make me want to lose my temper but they were very successful in this regard. I will never deal with them again!

daver49
2/15/15

A good idea which sadly with time has been seriously denigrated. I am not going to complain about the fact that you pay ebay fees and then they state that you must use paypal in order to "extort" further fees, neither am I going to worry about the restrictions etc which they place on your account.

My main concern is their latest set of terms and conditions of service, which led to me cancelling my account. They state that your details will be passed to a multitude of credit referencing agencies (why - I am not borrowing money from them, I am actually paying money into them), but more importantly that they have the right to pass your details onto 3rd party advertising agencies (with the right to demurral).

Screw that - the web is invasive enough without paying paypal to pass my personal details onto random web enitities.

Seriously guys - if you are not selling on Ebay you don't need a paypal account - just use the guest option and don't get roped into their "3rd party advertisers" BS.

evelynh6
2/11/15

Terrible experience. My account got frozen last week with Paypal after a decade with no explanation. They kept my balance from the things I'd been selling. I'm disgusted with Paypal after reading how many people this has happened too.

stephanieh41
2/3/15

I have used PayPal for about 10 years, as a seller and a buyer. I have several online stores, plus use the card reader for local sales. I have ALWAYS gotten a real person on the phone if I needed assistance with something, and they have gone out of their way to help. I even purchased one of those online deals to clean your computer, then when the wrong code was sent and I felt uneasy about the company, I called Paypal and they sent them a letter saying they had 10 days to give me my money back. I will never use any payment method other than PayPal!!

Tip for consumers: They are there to help so use their assistance if needed! It's easy to use once you've done it some, and most online businesses are using it, with new ones added all the time.

sheilas18
2/2/15

Paypal sucks . awarded in my favor for being sccammed and told me to ship merchandise back to be credited for false adevertising. They wont help me with shipping and handling and its double amount of what I originally paid for fake order.Also they went ahead and sent MY MONEY, WHEN THEY KNEW i HAD FILED A DISPUTE CLAIM . YOU ARE BETTER OFF TO PUT YOUR CREDIT CARD # ONLINE AND CLOSE BROWSER WHEN FINISHED. AT LEAST YOU YOU WOULD HAVE CREDIT CARD COMPANY WILLING TO H ELP YOU AND RECOVER LOSSES. yOU CANT EVEN PHONE PAY PAL , ITS EMAILS OR NOTHING . I AM WARNING EVERYONE. HEY PAYPAL MY DISPUTE # IS PP003-657-555-892. YOU ARE HORRIBLE AND i WILL NOT DROP THIS. GOING TO MEDIA AND WOULD LIKE TO SUE YOU. SHEILA sMITH . i WANT TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT BUT YOU WONT EVEN LET ME DO THAT AS LONG AS DISPUTE IS OPEN . umm IM PRETY SURE IT WAS OVER THE MINUTE YOU ALLOWED ERICDRESS TO RIP ME OFF. HOW DARE YOU MAKE DECISIONS ON THEFT WITH MY MONEY AND ITS DEFINATELY THEFT . IAM SUING ALSO GOING ON FB TO WARN EVERYONE I KNOW ABOUT PAYPAL AND THERE THEFT OF MY MONEY

Tip for consumers: cancel paypal

jh225
1/28/15

paypal has increased their time to review accounts to 180 days instead of 45 days.
Tomtop Wholesalers sent me a message to send the item back to them for a refund in December. I sent it back and guess what, no response as I suspected.
I am kind of concerned that a company like this can get on what I perceive as a safer environment like Ebay, and scam customers and Ebay has no power to make them do the right thing. I also have been an Ebay customer and seller for many years and have been happy. ALL matters have been resolved. Tomtop has been the only scammer.
Anyway, paypal has issued me a refund, so I am happy as a lark.

Tip for consumers: Matter handled in a matter of minutes

johnmc1
1/11/15

Made a Christmas purchase from Shop.ca and paid via PayPal, with PayPal withdrawing a different (higher) amount from my account than the Shop.ca summary of charges e-mail confirmed. Numerous e-mails and a call to PayPal have solved nothing. Each contact I make seems to be managed there as a new issue. PayPal pushes the issue to Shop.ca and vice versa. Will remove PayPal as a payment method for all of my online purchases.

dh123
12/22/14

Why does PayPal represent companies like Rose Wholesale which has a 48% rating and is a total fraudulent company
I do not understand why they would not stop supporting this Korean company from ripping people off all over the world

Tip for consumers: I would check any site you are purchasing from. Does not matter if you can pay and open a case through PayPal...you have to go through a waiting period over 30 days trying to get some kind of support and a refund hopefully!

judys28
12/16/14

I've used paypal for over fifteen years. When a florist sent my daughter a shoddy bouquet with plastic leaves, I thought, 'Well, thank God I have paypal to go to bat for me."

WRONG!

An online entity can bring in hundreds of transactions a day. The week of the floral delivery, I used paypal three times. So, guess who they chose to throw under the bus?

People, it's not too late! Let's go back to our credit cards, debit cards, writing checks. It might take a little longer, but your bank is going to treat you a great deal better than paypal ever would.

Tip for consumers: Re: A tip for others who might use this site

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!

marissak2
12/10/14

If some of my favorite websites would stop using this as the only method of payment I would be happy to be rid of this company. Every time my old credit card expires and I add a new one they give me grief and I have to email customer service and wait weeks and weeks before I can purchase things again. This biennial frustration would be nice to remove.(note that I have never missed payments on any of my cards and they seem to equally hate visa, mastercard, and discover cards in multiple iterations)

Tip for consumers: If there is another option for payment, use that.

jasmineb9
11/23/14

I never had any problems with paypal before unlike many people have reviewed below. Lucky me I guess :D But instead of giving a perfect 5 stars, I'm giving paypal 4 stars for some future updates :)

saraw27
11/19/14

JUST TERRIBLE. WATCH THEY DON'T FREEZE YOUR ACCOUNT AND KEEP YOUR MONEY. STAFF IS HELPLESS, NEED TO LEARN CUSTOMER SERVICE. PAYPAL IS THE REASON I AVOID EBAY. RATHER USE ANY OTHER PAYMENT SYSTEM THAN PAYPAL.

syliviam
11/17/14

Don't like them one bit. They froze my account without warning or reason. Then my money is gone and the supervisor laughs. Never again would I trust Paypal.

kimb385
11/15/14

Don't use PayPal if you order items online, in case you need to get a refund later for a scam company. Use your credit card and then you'll have no issues with resolutions, disputes, and getting a quick and proper FULL refund. I used PayPal to pay for items from RoseWholesale (which is a scam I’ve learned now) and went through them since I wasn’t getting anywhere with RoseWholesale, so made a complaint and the time it takes is exasperating, also waiting for the vendor to respond with their lame response that they’re not going to refund me. With PayPal, there’s a short time limit before your dispute EXPIRES, and once that happens you have NO recourse and cannot re-open the dispute. I’d gone away for a few weeks only to return and find out my so-called dispute expired yesterday. Now I’m screwed. Next time, I will pay only with my credit card company who always comes through without issues, and refund within 1-2 days. Done. PayPal however is beyond lame.

Tip for consumers: Don't use PAYPAL when ordering or purchasing online! if you expect to get a refund - unless you have unlimited hours to spend monitoring it. I don't. Use your CREDIT CARD only - no fuss - quick FULL refund

larrylj
11/13/14

everybody on the internet knows that paypal is a bunch of pigs. they'll ban you for no reason, freeze your account for no reason, and they pride themselves over protecting customers. no protection, period.

davidh182
11/5/14

Terrible. Another frozen account here, money gone and no help from Paypal! Stay away from them or risk losing your money. Paypal should be shut down already for how many people they've done this too.

krystalmc
11/2/14

Horrible customer service. The product is expensive for what it is. I cant wait for bitcoins to get popular b/c these guys need to go the way of the dinosaur. I also cant wait for the technology to move in a way where payments can be direct without big banks sucking up all the feeds---and yes, paypal has tons of those.

anthonyam
10/31/14

For buyers paypal is great. For sellers, paypal will hold your funds, close your account for no reason, and keep your money for up to 6 months! Seller beware!

joeb127
10/23/14

Paypal enables internet scammers. That's my assessment. Their so called "buyer protection" has too many small print the biggest one being exclusion for any digital purchase! Any digital content bought using paypal u can not dispute.

Also when you do have an issue there is little support from paypal. Unlike a credit card company thier business seems to favour more the sellers than the buyers. Please beware before using paypal again.

Tip for consumers: Be careful u understand all the small print and risks of using paypal

tyroneh13
10/16/14

I use paypal for ebay to buy and to sell. I haven't had any problems with using paypal as payment because it protects me in that i won't get scammed out of money or something.

marialc
10/12/14

petepr
10/12/14

I have been using PayPal for several years now and haven`t had a single issue with them. While they take commissions when you receive money - they are acceptable compared with the fees my local banks charge

robertw112
10/11/14

As a small business owner, I don't have many choices when it comes to payment processing, but paypal makes everything pretty simple. The working capital loans feature is really nice and straightforward. Wish they were a little better about chargebacks though.

joeee
10/11/14

Never again. My account has beed limitted without any reason and explanation - "security reason" heh they hold my money for 6 months !!! after 6 six months they close my account and till today i have no idea why. Be aware

kareemdh
10/9/14

nicolea8
10/8/14

At first I though paypal was a neat idea. It doesn't take long to set up and if you link your bank account it usually take a few days and you're ready to go. However some transactions you make over a few hundred dollars might suspend or freeze your account, even if you have made those transactions all the time. I feel like paypal trys to hard to be a bank but operates semi-unprofessionally.

randykg
10/7/14

I was totally unsure of the safety of using PayPal when I started several years ago ... Wow was I wrong to be concerned. This is probably the safest way and certainly the most convenient way to pay for purchases.

ernestog4
10/2/14

Transactions are not fully secured by Paypal nor by Ebay. In case of non-fulfillment of the transaction conditions, item desciption or delivery fees they don t take action for their customers, so they support irregularities and rip offs. It s way more secure to pay by VISA with an invoice than through these guys. They charge huge fees considering the low quality of the service. I will never use paypal again and will stay away from Ebay as it s became a scam page. Paypal is taking advantage of the laxity of the USA laws regarding customer protection and it s trying to impose their barely legal practices in Europe.

Tip for consumers: Avoid using Paypal as they dont protect their customers and take side for the scammers. The same for ebay.

stefk5
9/29/14

A sometimes necessary evil, but BEWARE.

Buy something on Ebay and you're stuck using paypal.

But a tenant, Perrin Tellock, of Antioch New England, studying for a Doctorate of Psycology paid me $1300 by paypal, as deposit and first month's rent, with a signed lease. Then later apparently found something better and notified paypal and accused me of wrongly taking money out of his account. Paypal seized the money and refused to return it even though I submitted plenty of proof that Tellock's claims were essentially fraud Paypal sided with him. Paypal does not look at proof even when properly submitted.

Short story: Paypal may be necessary when buying or selling on Ebay but do not expect them to look at proof if someone tries to scam you, who has paid you.

Tip for consumers: Use only when necessary for Ebay. Never, ever use this to receive money from anything you sold.

feliciar2
9/27/14

I have used Paypal many time even when I was on ebay purchasing items it is a very save way to pay for your items.There website is very safe to use I have found no problems.

Tip for consumers: PAYPAL IS GREAT

makennas
9/25/14

I use PayPal since my parents use them. I think it's a convenient way and safe way especially when purchasing online. Everyone should have their own PayPal account.

robbr1
9/21/14

After no major issues with them in the 11 years since I was a client, two bad experiences occured that make me wonder what the company is up to.

1) Rather than the typical means of paying by having to login to PayPal (PP) and confirm it, a new and unannounced feature occured through fiverr.com that led to a hassle and me losing a few bucks...after a few emails with customer service, PP reimbursed me $25 of a $35 NSF fee. It's part of the review I left for Fiverr: http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.fiverr.com#115

2) One of the main reasons for using PP is to not share one's personal information with a business. Yet in placing an order with personalcreations.com (part of ProFlowers.com), my PP billing address was transferred to them. I was able to edit the info to a fake address before submitting the order, but it was not an address in the USA and that led to a hassle about the order and me later cancelling it. Why does PP make my billing info available to a business? That story can be read here in my review of the online business: http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.personalcreations.com#7

Tip for consumers: 1) If using Fiverr, be careful about some buttons where you pay for extras as it may take your PP funds without you having to login to PP and confirm it, so make sure your preferred payment method has enough funds.

2) If a site like personalcreations gets your PP billing info, you can edit it to a fake address, though make sure it's in the USA.

coca-colad
8/28/14

Its a big news that Paypal doing fraud business and earn daily millions in illegal ways
PayPal also protect to Fraud

Tip for consumers: stop to use the Paypal services

johns735
8/14/14

Pretty good e-commerce site, but I really think users should be allowed to re-open their previously closed accounts, especially if their closed account already has their bank account or debit/credit card information added to it.

xpm
8/14/14

Popular payment processor, used by many merchants. Thus, it's very convenient to make transactions with Paypal although fees are little high.
Unfortunately, it has restrictions in some countries.

The thing I dislike them the most is the security. Once they selected by the security team and forced me to change my Paypal password just because I logged in through many different IP addresses otherwise I permanently lost access to the account. They told me that this is to prevent fraud.
However, it's very inconvenient because I can only change to the strong and never used before password. Usually strong passwords indeed prevent hacks, but also prevent the user from logging in too because it's difficult to remember.
I know that I may save the password to somewhere else so I can copy and paste whenever I login, but that's also very inconvenient and dangerous because if I lost or someone saw it, then again unauthorised access will happen.

biggies
8/12/14

Local shops are starting to use this service. Makes forgetting your wallet a thing of the past. Great addition to the services already offered. Use it regularly.

lindal77
8/10/14

i have been using paypal for as long as i could remember. but when i tried to contact their support by phone, i was really upset. i was put on hold for a long time and then the person who answered the call sounded like he did not know what he was talking about. i ended up being even more confused. i just wish there was a better alternative.

edwardp18
8/6/14

I use paypal for paying for stuff or sending or accepting money. It's the easiest way to pay for eBay purchases. I like it and will continue to use it.
Only one thing that bother me, that is PayPal has own currency exchange courses and they are not so good as in your bank. So it's more useful to change your Paypal settings if you purchase something form Europe or other countries.

For example if u use USD card and are going to purchase in another currency. Either PayPal or your bank can do it. So, you need to change your settings to save money, cause your bank currency exchange is better the PayPal's course.
Just go to your settings, - click "conversion options" and choose "Bill me in the currency listed in the seller's invoice".

williamj31
8/5/14

Today after 30 plus months of generating income for Pay-Pal they froze my account for an alleged debt of $176.00 from 6 years ago THEY FEEL MAY BE TIED TO MY ACCOUNT. I contacted Pay-Pal to find out the details and spoke with a woman named Jessica in their dispute department. She could not provide any details as to what the debt was and why it was not dealt with 6 years ago. Only could tell me that it may be tied to my account and in the meantime they would freeze activity on my account. The funds in my account far surpass their claims of $176.00 however they will nor release funds until such time they have reviewed this. The account could have several thousand dollars and they will not release any of the money due to the $176.00 so called debt after 6years they cannot prove. I have generated sales in excess of $100,000.00 over the last two and a half years for them which they have received revenue. I have purchased another $40,000.00 in purchases which they have received the revenue. Now you are going to dispute a so called debt you cannot prove for $176.00 6 years later. PAY-PAL really needs to wake up as I will not take this sitting down. WBJ

rhondah3
8/1/14

I have used paypal about 4 times in 4 years. Mostly to pay for things I bought on ebay. The reason, ebay only lets you pay with paypal. The last thing I paid for never showed up. I complained to paypal and what ended up happening was "My" account getting restricted. Apprently the ebay seller who had a good rating was in some fraud or something and because I sent a payment to him for an item I never received, they limited my account until I sent all types of proof. SS, DL, Utility bill. Finally after 45 days the made it normal again. I think I am done using paypal and buying off ebay.

ramazanb
7/30/14

i purchased an electronic device from tinydeal.com and paid via paypal for my payment security. but the parcel did not deliver me and paypal confirmed the payment to seller even i informed them and warned them. Be aware of Paypal.com services, it is not for buyers, they serve only seller with commissions.”

mattw30
7/23/14

Overall an awful company to deal with. They are not on your side, they are on the side of the money. Whenever they will loose a substantial amount of profit, they will make it so they don't and push that loss onto the seller or buyer regardless of the facts. I have been scammed so many times via Paypal without care on there part, i stopped using them forever. Credit cards are always more secure then any service like paypal.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the PayPal staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Iott have read a few reviews of PayPal that say it's very good but none that gave any examples of how PayPal did what it claims it does, which is to hold your payment until you indicate the item is received in good order. But I have read quite a number of reviews which say PayPal does not ever do what it claims it does which is to help a buyer who doesn't receive the product purchased on ebay, or the product is unsatisfactory and the buyer can not get satisfaction from the seller. DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE A GOOD REPORT about how PayPal helped? If not, I'm going to call PayPal and ask them for an explanation. If I don't get a satisfactory one, maybe we can get it in the media and have a PayPal boycott
6/13/10
jh225
A: Paypal has increased its claim time from 45days to 180 days. They issued me a refund just today. I know you have to wait for a long time to get someone on the line.
1/28/15
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the PayPal staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

3 Photos for PayPal