US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

louism30

I haven't had to call customer service ONCE, and even if I did, I'd chalk it up to human error and call it a day. (in 5 reviews)

johns202

I recently placed an order with Organic Creations. (in 4 reviews)

sophiav

I was told it could take 5 business days to prepare my order, I receieved my order on the 6th business day. (in 23 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

louism30
7/29/14

I have NO idea what the disgruntled customers are talking about,but, their complaints must come from when the business first started or something. I've had and have nothing but good things to say about the quality of the oils, the SWIFT delivery of the merchandise and the over all condition of everything I've ever received from them. I haven't had to call customer service ONCE, and even if I did, I'd chalk it up to human error and call it a day. I was actually on my way to the site to make another order. I usually spend $50-$100 at a time(I keep burning through citrus oils like CRAZY. I'm just going to have buy them in TUBS from here on out SMH/LOL).

suzim2
7/6/14

Ignore the awful reviews of this business. Listen, yes sometimes the orders take awhile to reach you, but, the quality is excellent, the prices are the best you'll find on the web and whenever you have a question, Barb is extremely quick to respond. She takes the time to answer any questions you may have about the products and is, exceptionally pleasant and knowledgable! I've had nothing but outstanding customer service! But don't take my word for it, research their prices compared to everyone else's! And I don't know about you, I'd rather save a few dollars with the plain packaging!!

nancys42
4/25/14

I have used this company for a few years now. I find them helpful, responsive and communicative when I need help. I love their products and they are a great source of naturals and organics that many do not carry.

abigailh2
2/25/14

BEWARE! BARB HAS A MAJOR TEMPER.

I used to buy from this site because they had decent prices, but the hassle of communicating with Barb, their only rep (possibly owner) proved too much for the, in comparison, insignificant discount (the difference made even smaller with other reliable raw material suppliers' emergence).

My most recent order was so disastrous that I will never buy from this site again. I have completely lost faith in them.

I placed an emergency order and requested that she expedite it for same day shipment. She emails me back "We'll do it for you." FOUR days later and she still has NOT shipped it. If you make a promise to a customer you should keep it instead of stringing them along just to keep the order. (FIRST WARNING: LYING)

So I tried calling her multiple times to discuss, but she will NEVER pick up the phone or return my messages. (SECOND WARNING: AVOIDANCE) I then email and ask her to cancel the order ONLY IF it will not arrive by the deadline. She emails back saying it will arrive based on her experience that USPS mail only take 3 days from Oregon to the east coast, but then emails me again moments later to cancel my invoice, giving me no choice in the matter (TINY WINDOW, NO CALLS, without a thought to how much understanding and faith I gave her to begin with). If it was that urgent for her to have my confirmation, I would have appreciated a call since I distinctly remember leaving a phone number on file.

I had read the other reviews and had a feeling Barb might be slightly difficult to deal with, so I was especially careful to be polite and graceful to her despite the initial fiasco. The feeling I get from communicating with her is that she is quite vindictive, the type who can smile sweetly and stab you in the back at the same time. So it turns out all my efforts were in vain.

If she did not string me along for the initial ride, I could have placed an order elsewhere and still gotten it in time.

The end result is that all the losses are borne by me alone. This company is a stellar example of what UN-PROFESSIONAL is. They certainly do not care for their customers, not a tiny bit even for repeat customers who's always been in good standing with them. They ask for understanding, yet they never reciprocate that understanding for the customers. I feel lied to, a fool for believing her initially...and so I will take my loyalty elsewhere.

The good news is with the increasing popularity of natural and DIY cosmetics in general, many more suppliers with better prices and products have come into existence, and so I no longer have to rely on organic creations. My other emergency order for Carbomer 940 (google search: ingredients carbomer 940 buy) went very very well. This other company, knowing of my emergency, upgraded my shipping and got my package out before even receiving the shipping charge difference, and that was my first order with them. That's good faith.

SAY NO TO ORGANIC CREATIONS AND THEIR WORSENING SERVICE.

tatyanat
1/17/14

Horrible experience. I recieved 1/4 of my order. The rest no one knows where. Impossible to reach them by phone or email. I am dealing thru my credit card company to get my money back. I would never buy from them again. Giving it 1 star is way too much.

julien190
12/10/13

Organic-creations.com is key in the running of Salon de JuJu. I utilize their outstanding organic and wild harvested products of superior quality. I've been working with organic and holistic living/eating/learning since the age of 18. I am now 43 and create organic or wild harvested spa products made from only the finest ingredients. Where do I find ONLY the finest ingredients?!!? That would be Organic-creations.com because their products are superior and they truly care about your order and they WILL go that extra mile for you if they need to. Bottom line Organic-Creations.com = Damn good business. Period.

ayshaj1
10/3/13

Recovering from breast cancer, I am so glad that I was not scared off by all the bad reviews I read here and other places. Luckily, I belong to a soap making group\blog who I asked about this company after reading these reviews, because I loved the look of the products on the site, but as I live half way around the world from the US, it was not just going to cost me a lot in products, but about the same again in shipping! Someone who knows Barb - the owner - told me had a family tragedy and was not able to keep up with quick shipping etc for a while, gave me her e-mail and said talk with her.

In the last 2-3 months I have made over 6 orders with her, each order being around 5-6 international parcels and they have all arrived faster that big companies I bought from. Everything as been fresh, well packed and clean. Her labels are clear. I even ordered ground almonds and there are completely fresh. I find each of the products has the same blurb about the benefits of the product, which I find very useful. Last time I bought her organic oil hand cream and it is the best cream I have ever used. Below I have pasted my last e-mail reply to her letting me know that my last order was on it's way, as I had mentioned I had a rush order in the order note section:
Dear Barb,

Thank you so much you have been so prompt and supportive with all my questions and my shipments. I can't tell you what it means to have you, so reliable, just a PayPal click away.

I am also so pleased with your products, no leaks, even on such a long international journey and your fragrance oils are great.

Take care.

Aysha Johns. It is a shame more people are not willing to support small family businesses and cut people some slack now and again!

amberd6
8/15/13

I have been using this site for years and love it.

yabbad1
7/11/13

WORST ONLINE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD - in fact worst vendor experience overall. Her packaging is shoddy, they do NOT use seals on the chemicals they ship. The owner (home business) admitted they did not tighten the caps tight enough causing very expensive fragrance oils (Ylang Ylang and Dragons Blood and Wintergreen) to spill all over my several hundred dollar order. FED-X investigation 100% ruled I was due a FULL REFUND for my losses however she only refunded me 1/2 of my loss and accused me of being a thief. I would guess more than 75% of her business is 1x only. NO REPEAT BUSINESS FROM ME or my soaping friends! We've had MANY conversations about this horrible vendor!!!....... she does have some good stuff, but.considering my LOSSES - it wasn't worth the lousy customer service. If she had treated me right and honored the deal she would have the bulk of my LARGE ORDERS, but I will NEVER trust her again. You people giving her stars........apparently your one of the FEW (LOW %) who had no problems....good luck if you do.

crystalb1
7/11/13

Seems that we have a pattern going here.

juliec18
6/10/13

bad supplier

cons
my oil came in a clear plastic bag!!!
(other suppliers ship it in a opaque plastic bottle or wrap it in foil since it degrades by sunlight)
the amount was significantly less than what I ordered (no someone did not just measure it wrong by a little it was way less than what I ordered)
no expiration/manufacture date (the quality of the product leads me to believe they sold me old expired ingredients instead of fresh ones)

pro
cheaper than competitor, but now you know why...

other notes: I don't care about slow shipping, it is my responsibility to order in advance before running out
I don't care about customer service, I should not have to use it, if I do, I'm not doing business with you again
I don't care about website design as long as it functions
I do care about certification and expiration dates(because my clients do), neither was provided

lidiiao
5/15/13

I love them products. This is very small business and they do not answering the phone, but they always have a fresh ingredients. I have a broken packages from different companies. This guys always sent to me replacement. I have couple custom requests like cheaper shipping or special ingredients and they always helping me to find them. Barbara a real person and she is answering emails pretty quick. They use a simple packaging but it better for my shipping cost and for environments. I recommend them to everybody.

ayjayb
2/25/13

Something is really fishy about so many of these complaints. I have ordered from OC for years for my bath and body business, as well as for personal use, and Barb has always been extremely helpful, responsive and courteous. Service was always prompt, if there were to be delays, she let me know personally. Every order came through perfectly. How is it that in doing biz with them for almost five years that I have never had a problem? I smell a smear campaign, and it's not cool at all.

virginiag
10/24/12

I have NO idea why this site is getting negative reviews, I have ordered from them at least 5 times, and they are by far my favorite supplier. They have always been friendly, their service fast, and their product amazing. I received the wrong product in an order only ONCE and they shipped my the right product the next day.
Plus, their healthy hair shampoo bar changed my hair's life haha! I will pledge my undying love for Organic Creations, and I'm just so baffled by these negative reviews...I smell a competitor.

jelenar
5/21/12

Great selection and fast delivery (received my package in 7 days after placing the order). Everything was neatly packed. Highly recommend!

sg12
5/9/12

Warning to all! Avoid spending money at this business. I am currently trying to get my money back through my credit card company and the BBB. This place is re-packaging ingredients and selling to the public with their sticker labels as if they are the manufacturer. From what was delivered to me, products are picked and measured by them and packaged in unsealed baggies (sandwich bags). Oils that are listed on their website as natural and pure are packaged in unsealed bottles. Consumers will never know whether products are authentic, where they originate from, or whether organic as their website claims. I ordered several items on 4/25/2012. They charged my credit card right away but items did not arrive until 5/5/2012. Products are suspicious due to packaging and I question whether they are safe. Two facial clays I ordered (Green and Fuller's Earth) appeared to identical in color. Because I knew that Green clay origins is France and that the color should be Green in order for quality that I became suspicious. I contacted the company but they refused to refund stating that purchases cannot be retuned. They do not have ay warning on the products pages or at checkout about no returns. I would not have ordered from them if that alert was present at checkout.

jadef
3/1/12

I run a small vegan lip balm and soap company, and was looking to find a supplier of ingredients.

Unfortunately, I found Barbara.

"Please DO look for a new supplier, especially if this is how you do business"

I wish she would've stated this earlier! I had been mistaken when they took about 6 days to process my order, and even longer for my order to arrive. I was under the impression it would be sent here in 48 hours. The statement read that it ships ground to 48 states. Simple mistake. My bad. But Barbara had so much more to say to me via email than I asked for. She was rude, insulting, and, tellingly, upset at me for this mistake. I asked GloryBee the same few questions, and was treated like and human being who is trying to do business.

" You misread it, and I'm seriously upset that you are accusing my business of your inaccuracies of reading our website."

I would be upset too, but I wasn't accusing her business, I was stating that UPS or her business might be implying false information on their site. Plus, if I was 'accusing' her, do I, the customer/small business owner, need to hear that via email?!?!?

Barbara thought I did.

The only thing "organic" about my experience with this business was the intensity of HER dislike for my misunderstanding!
I highly recommend GloryBee over this company, solely for the customer service.

Barbara was very rude, and unfortunately that has consequences these days. She should stop doing customer service, if her emotions aren't going to be contained for the sake of good business practice. And if she IS going to continue customer service, then she should close down her business, and just focus on being kind to complete strangers.

"Please DO look for a new supplier"

Truer words were never more angrily typed.

Turns out I was not the only one who had a bad encounter:

FINALLY GOT MY PACKAGE (which looked like it come out of a dumpster and was about to fall out of the bottom)....

BY FAR THE WORST QUALITY OVER OXIDIZED ESSENTIAL OILS I HAVE EVERY PURCHASED!!!!

WHAT HUGE WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME!!!

johns202
2/27/12

I recently placed an order with Organic Creations. Overall, I was pleased with my experience. The website told me upfront the order would not ship for a minimum of 4 days. I believe it shipped on day 5. When the order arrived, they had accidentally sent us 2 bottles of NaOH rather than KOH. I sent an email and had a pleasant and courteous response within 10 minutes. Within the hour we had agreed I still needed the KOH which was immediately shipped and arrived quickly. The remaining items in our order were well packaged and we think very nice quality. If I had read this site first, I never would have ordered from them. Luckily I didn't as I plan on ordering from them again.

ts30
2/24/12

I've ordered from them several times over the past year. Prices are good, but the delivery time is very long and the packaging is terrible.In one shipment a powdered substance exploded because of the flimsy plastic bag and coated everything in the shipment. I have also found mold growing in one of the butters and had to discard. It wasn't worthing following up with the owner because I couldn't spare the time. newdirectionsaromatics.com is a very professional company with outstanding service and great packaging is. Can't be beat! elementsbodyand bath.com has good prices and very fast shipping. wholesalessuppliesplus.com is also good.

rosila
2/3/12

I'm not sure why people are so frustrated with this website. I ordered peach FO from them and it smells great. All my costumers loved it. I did have a problem with the packaging but I sent them a complaint and they responed immediatly

barbh3
12/21/11

I have to tell you I didn't read any of the reviews for this business prior to placing an order with them and I was very apprehensive, wondering what I was going to receive when I did. I was pleasantly surprised.

The only thing I can really complain about was the time it took to get my order. The website said product would ship within 4 days but it actually took about 2 weeks. I gave them the benefit of the doubt due to the holiday and it seems like they're a smaller company so probably are not as staffed as some of the other online bath and body companies. They should update their website however if it's taking longer to ship.

The prices are excellent, the product I've received was quality and given that, I can certainly wait a little longer for an order if that is the only issue.

As for the product, I was very pleased with what I received and let me say I have very high standards. In fact I've been called a perfectionist by more than a few people. That being said, I can only report on my order, actually two orders, all very well packaged and the second order coming much quicker than the first. Would I order from them again? Probably as I haven't had the same experience as some other people but until I do I don't feel I can judge them for what others have experienced. Use caution when ordering from anyone. We all have bad experiences, no matter who we order from, while other have great ones. Until I experience anything truly negative, I'll continue to judge on my experience with this company. Sorry for those who didn't have a good one.

desireeh1
12/2/11

So the first time I ordered, I didn't get my package for three weeks. The product was okay, the Shea butter prolly was the worse but the essential oils seemed good. I made another order, this time I got UPS so I could track it better...it was not sent for 8 days! When I emailed them, I got no reply for days, so I emailed them again, then they were rude in the first email. Then I received a response to the first email saying they were close for thanksgiving holiday (for two weeks???) and blamed UPS for the delay. They never sent me a tracking number but kept saying they did, I checked all my inboxes (spam, trash) and all I received from them was an order confirmation. When I emailed them back to say I have had too much trouble receiving products from them and that I would go to another company, they sent back another rude email saying they were tired of being accused of bad products an sending things late....well! They basically told on themselves, I went online and looked up reviews and saw they obviously don't treat anyone right, nor do they have good product or get it to the customer in a timely manner. But I found if you make them mad, they will send you a reply within minutes!

andya3
1/18/11

Worst online purchase experience to date. Purchased 2 lbs of Yucca powder 11 days ago the order never shipped, they do not have live support, they do not return phone calls or emails, I had to dispute charges with paypal and they refunded me but zero communication. Horrible avoid this company like the plaque.

agness
11/18/10

Avoid like a plague...Terrible service and poor website design - Avoid this website at all costs!! en page is a pur mess Try instead Rose Mountain Herbs or Le Sage . The woman who runs this business has no clue..Waiting 2 weeks for the items trying BBB and pay pal to get out of the deal cause as you can see i am going to get substandard products. Definetly I am going to complain as high as i can...Do not think they are going to stay in business long ;-( SHOP ELSWHERE!!!

sophiav
11/1/10

I read the reviews prior to purchasing and was apprehensive, but the price and the large product line made me take a chance. After ordering each eamil I forwarded was responded to within an hour, even a few I did on the weekend after 8:00pm. I was told it could take 5 business days to prepare my order, I receieved my order on the 6th business day. I am pleased with the packing, and the timely manner in which I receieved my product. Maybe they have stepped up their act. I WAS VERY PLEASED,

patriciac1
6/23/10

Besides the 2 1/2 weeks to receive my order (ordered june 5 and recieved june 23!) AND the frustration with using the cumbersome website, when my order finally arrived, the packing was pitiful! I've ordered from many similar businesses and have been so impressed with the careful, meticulous and outstanding packing job they provide. We are ordering precious oils, hydrosols, carrier oils and special additive ingredients and chemicals that require some degree of cautious and delicate packing. When my package arrived the contents were placed in the box haphazardly with only a handful of packing peanuts. We're talking about a Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate size box with a mere 43 peanuts in it!!! For that size box, what's the point! That's borderline for a small box! If it hadn't been for the fact that some of the contents were powders and shea butter stuffed in a Ziploc bag to protect it some, I'm certain some of the bottles would have burst. BUT they didn't even make use of the 'soft' contents by surrounding the fragile items with them. Frankly I was surprised none of the contents burst or broke. So, with all those elements going for them, I'll continue to do business elsewhere, with a company who takes pride in their products and service and welcomes repeat business. Which reminds me, many of the others throw in little samples of some of their other products. Organic Creations MIGHT have redeemed themselves some, albeit ever so slight, had they done that. I WON'T return and do NOT recommend them to anyone! Good for you if you're reading this BEFORE you order! Keep in mind, these items I've noted do not even include an 'extenuating' circumstance. This IS their 'norm'! So sad. BTW, I can highly recommend the following websites for great service and outstanding products, even impressive at times: lotioncrafter.com and makingcosmetics.com are my favorites, theherbarie.com, thesage.com, and if you're into 'fragrance' oils, wellingtonfragrance.com were also highly regarded!! You'll be pleased!

nataliat
2/15/10

I should've read previous post before ordering from them - I placed my order Jan 28th and today is Feb 15 and It shill hasn't even been shipped! They said it takes 9 days to ship an order - but it has been 18 already..... Never order from them again.

annas1
12/30/08

Terrible service and poor website design - Avoid this website at all costs!! Try instead Rose Mountain Herbs
I ordered twice from this website, trying to give them the benefit of the doubt when the operated assured me that my product didn't show up because of an ineffeceint website design that allows you to check out with out selecting shipping. (Ordered and paid for and the owner never contacted me to tell me they were holding my package until shipping was paid for. After a week of waiting I contacted them to find out where my package was). Then, thinking I knew how to navigate the site I tried again. This time I paid for shipping, but the owner waited over a week to actually ship my package making it late for Christmas. I ordered on December 11, it did not arrive until December 22 despite my having paid for priority shipping. Additionally, my order wasn't complete and the owner didn't have thirty second to send me an email letting me know that what I would be recieving wouldn't be my entire order. And, over a week later I am still waiting for a refund on the unreceived items. The total transaction which originally cost me $33 has now cost me well over $70 having had to replace all the items before christmas and now I have two of everything, because when I requested shipping to send the items back my email was ignored. Not to mention the value of my time emailing and requesting service from this individual. I would never EVER do business with this person if they were paying me to do it. She is rude and cares nothing of her customers needs or satisfaction