US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

sharonj28

Customer service answered the phone promptly and they all spoke english!!! (in 132 reviews)

lenah4

I read some disturbing reviews about opensky after I placed an order there. (in 485 reviews)

bk45

It looks like the Post Office that OPEN SKY orders are going through is the problem. (in 27 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

brocks10
5/24/16

They promised an automatic discount to be aplplied at checkout and actually had to pay full price and wait for the item. Notified customer service and they informed me its only for certain merchandise and certain companies that they sell for. None of the guidlines were there at the time of purchase to read on how you get the discount. Customer service never resonded back on a follow up email.. paid a full price tution on the product i bought for the knowledge to never deal with this site again.

janw62
5/23/16

Ordered a set of sheets which were supposed to have been delivered 5/18 but there were no sheets. Sent e-mail to OpenSky 5/19 but no response. Spent over 20 minutes on chat 5/23 and first was told sheets had been delivered before I ordered them, and then that they had been delivered, which referred me to Fed Ex, which took another 15 minutes, to be told I needed to contact the Post Office which said the sheets had been delivered. . . but they were not. Glad I found a good deal on OpenSky for the sheets that I purchased but didn't receive. As an aside, since I submitted my first request for assistance I have received an abusive amount of e-mail requests for me to purchase products from OpenSky. Thanks .. . . fool me once . . . I have since had communication with the post office who said they would do a search for the package, but if unfound, it is not insured so I am OOL.

as3788
5/22/16

I made my purchase and got an email with tracking number. After 2 weeks it was still in transit. After almost 3 weeks, still in transit. I emailed Open Sky to inquire and complain about the delivery service. I get an email back apologizing and telling me they will look into it. 1 week later I still hadn't heard from them so I emailed again (now almost 4 weeks). They said "it should be arriving soon". How was it sent? Pony Express? I emailed again telling them I was fed up and to cancel the order and credit back my credit card. They told me the tracking number showed it was delivered (it wasn't not to my house anyway). I emailed again letting them know I never received it. They tell me to go to the Post Office to fill out a form that I hadn't received the product. Customer Service, what a joke. Never buy anything from this sham site again.

beverlyl38
5/22/16

They said my product was shipped and it wasn't. You only reached them doing the week after9am and a lot of their products cannot be returned or rated. I trying to get my money back.

brendam90

order #102456848 order date: May 9,2016

Product has not arrived; can you track and give me an ETA and where is the product at present time. Is product lost or not shipped as of yet?

Brenda M May 22,2016

dorothyb30
5/22/16

I purchased a pair of 14kt-gold-french-lock earrings for pierced ears, that went on sale from $125 to $37.50 and with a 20% discount and shipping and handling the total cost was $31.98. I thought I was getting a good bargain. When I received the earrings, they look nothing like the picture. The earrings were so tiny I could barely get them on my ears. I asked OPEN SKY Chat Service could I return or exchange them for a larger pair. There policy was no returns or exchanges on sale items. My conclusion, if I had bought the earrings before the sale I really would have gotten ripped off. I'm glad I only paid $31.98 and the earrings weren't worth this price.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy anything from this company over the internet. If possible, go in person to check them out.

janellas1
5/20/16

I placed an order for a go go gadget bag in late December; it arrived mid January. I put it aside to use for travel and as soon as I started using it the pull on the zipper broke. I contacted them and was told that I had the item too long and they could do nothing about it. If I had used the item very much at all I would not question; however it was barely used - looks brand new except for the broken off pull which cannot be repaired without replacing the entire zipper. Poor quality. Don't waste your bucks.

deirdrek5
5/20/16

I panicked because I didn't see a phone number where I could call - it was all done by a few emails - I think me being old school - I would have preferred a voice for reassurance right from the get go. I worried if I could have everything done within the 14 day frame for returns - as it said "from date of receiving merchandise" - and time was a ticking ---- YOU MIGHT WANT TO SAY IN FUTURE - 14 DAYS FROM RECEIVING RETURN LABEL FROM YOU -

estherm35
5/19/16

Wonderful products at terrific prices

tinas86
5/19/16

Not my first time shopping, I just keep returning

marya438
5/19/16

Not sure which purchase you want me to review but I'm reviewing the earrings that I'm still waiting for. I ordered them on May 5. They said they were being processed on May 10. I still haven't received them. I contacted open sky and have yet to know the resolution. Not pleased

annetteg18
5/19/16

Ordered this lovely purse, it took quite a while to get it, Postal problems as usual. The purse is great, love the colors, the canvas fabric, and the numerous pockets.. I'm sure it will last a very long time.

conniea20
5/19/16

Just what I ordered and it arrived in 6 days.
Thanks, I'll be a repeat customer.

deborahw51
5/19/16

I purchased a blouse from open sky. I called open sky to receive a pre-printed label to refturn the blouse within 14 days. To date, I have sent several emails to open sky requesting information on my refund. NO RESPONSE. My next step is to file a formal complaint with FTC. Open Sky where is my refund...no credit..REFUND ?

Deborah T. Watkins

julies114
5/19/16

Second time I have bought something from open sky and will not buy again. I bought a pack of two Bamboo pillows and only received one. Contacted them and gave them all the information they asked for including pictures and still have not received any information except we will get back to you when we hear from the merchant. I have contacted them several time now and nothing . So frustrated. Now its to late to return item because they have drawn this out. Will NEVER order from them again. Wasted money :(

marianea
5/18/16

I needed a new cord for my ipad. Did not want to pay Apple prices so opted for this. It charges very slow, so if you are doing something I would just keep it plugged in. For us its ok, but if you need a fast charge, this is not what you should get.

peggyk12
5/17/16

The item I ordered was not at all what was represented in the ad. Unfortunately, it was not returnable. In future, I will order from a more reputable company. I am sorry I gave Open Sky my business.

roberth258
5/16/16

I am a seller of handmade bracelets. I open an account with Open Sky. They charged me $40.00 right away. Than I posted my items. After over a week they were still not on the website. I emailed them and they told me I was not approved. I asked for a refund. They than contact me and tell me I am approved! Whit in an hour the cancel my account an said they are sending me a refund. I have sold over 4000 bracelet with 1000's of 5 star ratings. I sell on eBay, Amazon and Etsy and my own site www.sayitandwearit.com If you are looking to sell items look somewhere else. One hand does not know what the other is doing. Stay away or you will waste your time like I did. 2 days setting up only to end up not even selling there.

kinok3
5/15/16

Got broken item . no information unknown brand. Contact them but no response. Bad business
. I found few site sale much cheaper and better information.

debb1125
5/15/16

I purchased a hand bag made by Amaryllis through OpenSky. The bag has a nice look but the zipper was only partly sewn, the vegetarian leather feels like plastic and there are many uncut threads. The email address given for returns on the Amaryllis site doesn't work, email bounces back. Its difficult to find customer service on the OpenSky site. I wont be making another purchase,that is for sure.

katew47
5/15/16

I tried to order a week ago, but the system kept trying to update my address to the USPS preferred version, so when I selected the preferred version I ended up in an endless loop. Tried today and the price of the item I wanted went from $39 on the site, to 89 in my shopping cart. No thanks. Done with opensky.

darlad3
5/15/16

I ordered 2 weeks ago and still waiting for my products. Should have read the reviews on the site. When I e mailed them checking on my products I received a canned response. Not really helpful. Should have known to good to be true.

tamaras24
5/14/16

I placed an order two weeks ago, 2 days after the order I received an email saying my order has shipped 2 weeks later the order still has not shipped, the tracking # they gave me according to USPS is now invalid , when I try to track the package it tells me to enter a valid tracking #...after several calls and emails no one knows where my order is, they contacted the merchant ( which I discovered you order from them, they order from china, they do not have a single item or a warehouse, they 3rd party order. So I checked eBay not only does eBay have everything in their " catalog" but for far less than half the price. I am asking for a refund now, I am sure it will be just as big of a hassle as this entire thing has been....my first and very last time of dealing with opensky

donnat58
5/13/16

I received the Cargo Bag but haven't received the other order....If I don't receive it please don't bill me for it...I would have thought you would have sent them together in the same package...this is my 1st experience with your company so I hope things turn out better...

shirleyx
5/13/16

I came upon this site after being notified that I had "40 credits" that were "about to expire". For some reason these credits were only applicable to 20% of the total price and couldn't be combined with coupons, so they're worthless. Anyways, after I spent 40$ on an item I realized I could have bought it off Amazon Prime and it would have AT LEAST ARRIIVED... Smh.

sandrar66
5/13/16

I ordered a pair of scissors that were $50 cheaper on Amazon and the funny thing is that the scissors that I ordered through Opensky were shipped to me from Amazon! I also ordered a cotton cardigan that did not look anything like the picture on the website. It was so cheaply made...sorry no returns on cardigan, did get my $ back for the scissors.

beckyf11
5/13/16

Board is as nice as it looks. Will make a great wedding gift for our niece.

reginaldp18
5/12/16

The earphones out ordered don't work properly, and I ordered one scarf and ended up paying for and being shipped three

annelieseh
5/12/16

My necklace was not as pictured. It was not assembled. I tried phoning OpenSky left a voice mail-no response. Was unable to email Amelia's Expressions. Never again will I order from you.
In Facebook I read all the negative comments. Wished I read them before, naturally I left a comment also.

linf6
5/12/16

Bad communication. Bad customer service.
Item never shipped.
I get canned responses to request for a refund. Nothing...for weeks! And that is just part if this awful transaction.

judyk30
5/12/16

Very pleased with my experience with Open Sky. I highly recommend shopping with them

ginas42
5/12/16

There will not be a future order with Open Sky!! Very poor quality merchandise. This is very disappointing! They will not take the merchandise back. I feel as though I have been taken! I will be writing my opinion on any and all sites that I can so that no one else falls prey!

williamb206
5/11/16

Bought some unique ear rings for the wife for mother's day that she loves! Great value and arrived on time.

helgam2
5/10/16

I ordered the mini fit and it came on time and was just as described.

donam8
5/10/16

I like it a lot. BUT!!! this week I received TWO MORE which I did not order!! I would like to send them back and please cancel the costs from my checking account! I have no idea why this happened. I definitely did not order them. Please send me instructions on how to return them.

pamc32
5/10/16

I emailed OpenSky about returning a product, the told that another company would ship me a return label and should be getting the same day. It's day two and still nothing.

nancyk52
5/10/16

Don't order from this site. I ordered a pair of shoes and was sent something completely different and they looked used. Bait and switch. Rep told me there was no return and sorry about that!! I guess when you order something, you get what they send you and no return for the wrong item. I will return this item and dispute the payment.

barbaral67
5/9/16

I found it difficult to navigate site. The different credit amounts, very confusing.
I did make a purchase, that I'm not returning. Wasn't what I thought it would be.

bettys52
5/9/16

I purchased the personalized cutting board for my daughter and son-in-law. They were surprised and thrilled with it. They just finished remodeling their kitchen and it looks perfect displayed in there. It is beautiful and I received it very quickly.
Thanks for your service. Betty

loris175
5/9/16

I purchased a scarf that looks like a 4-yr old made it. Uneven cuts and stitches. Won't even wear it. They don't have reviews, but "likes". Well, I "liked" the picture of it. But when it arrived I was sorely disappointed. Will NOT make future purchases. Unable to be returned. Save your money.

gabriellah2
5/9/16

My second purchase from Open Sky was a much improved experience. They responded to my inquiries and followed up on the tracking of the item until it arrived at my doorstep. Quality product great value. I will try them again. I really appreciate the personal customer service.
____________________________________________________________________

I ordered from Open Sky hoping to have discovered a new go to bargain high quality site. WRONG!!! My item took way too long to ship. Tracking information was inaccessible. Emails to the site went unacknowledged. I had to hunt down a customer service number on the internet. The customer service rep, once the line was answered, was rude but able to provide me with a status on my order. I decided to give them another try. I am now unable to get access to my tracking information and my item has yet to arrive. Stay away from Open Sky!

deborahh66
5/9/16

Unbelievable!!! From a fedx company using their computer gave all information including item numbers price per item same product was on sale $19.99 each n yet one billed for $47.08 and the other billed for $47.03 ALL contents submitted. The respond sorry but we can't locate any information for none was given. I have NEVER IN MY LIFE dealt with incompetent customer service as OpenSky

barbaram112
5/8/16

I ordered a "personal air conditioner" that claimed it could cool air up to 30 degrees. All it is is a small fan not much different than what I bought at a drugstore last year for $10 (I paid $25 for this). It came in a box with Chinese writing and only a few lines of poorly translated instructions. It came with a "lanyard" but no obvious place to attach it and no instruction. This thing looks incredibly cheap and I fully expect it to break early on. I will never order from this company again.

all2233
5/7/16

And, of course all sales final so they don't allow returns....

nl22
5/7/16

I ordered 8 programmable LED spotlights and got "Toilet bowl Liht" -thus the headline...
Worse repeated detailed complaints about what was shipped vs what was ordered resulted in more frustration. Even sending a copy of the confirmation - no results.. finally 4+ times later they said "oh we see you were shipped the wrong item" 2 + hours of my time and then the time to return the toilet bowl lights ...And no compensation for their incompetence...The product OK but OPENSKY -you'd need the Toilet Bowl Light to deal with them

Tip for consumers: Don't use them if you expect service

joyceh46
5/7/16

I bought a cat with glasses watch. I wanted to return it. THREE inquiries submitted on their form have resulted in NO ANSWERS on where to return the watch. I guess I'm stuck with it, and I am not happy, because I don't like it, and the person I bought it for doesn't like it. Their form said they would answer as soon as possible I think over two weeks is time enough for an answer. Will never order from them again.

janh57
5/7/16

Who sells clothes on line as "Final Sale"? Terrible customer service. Plus the blouses were cheaply made with threads hanging from seams. No wonder they don't want the merchandise back!

maryg151
5/6/16

Smaller than I expected, but love them. Bought for my 3 daughters.

kellyi5
5/6/16

Warning! Customer service sucks-- takes days to get back with you as the only contact info on their site is email. I found their number and called them and their live customer service is just as bad. Apparently they blame everything on their 'merchant' and they take NO responsibility for anything being sold to you. On top of that they allow the merchant to change return policies after you purchase! It's a shady company with immoral 'merchants'. Save yourself time and money and just buy elsewhere. It's worth a few dollars more to not have to deal with a company such as this! I actually ended up ah I got to file a dispute with my credit card (and won!)

paulam62
5/6/16

Sheets were a disaster..will NEVER purchase from your co. again

Lipsticks were all from China !!!!!!!!!!!
So far whatever I bought I tossed out.

102 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the OpenSky staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
4 days ago
Answer
andrewp47
A: Hi Laura! In order to learn how to delete products you no longer wish to offer for sale, you can review the following entry in our FAQ: https://www.opensky.com/merchant/help?article=1996259. If you need any further assistance with this matter, please feel free to call our Merchant Help team directly at (844)707-7779 between 9 AM and 5 PM ET, and we will be happy to assist you further. You can also send us an email from https://www.opensky.com/content/contact-us if you would prefer.
1 day ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
1 week ago
Answer
andrewp47
A: Hi Gaye! If you are simply looking to buy on OpenSky, there will be no fee to join. However, if you wish to sell on OpenSky, you will need to subscribe to one of our plans listed here: https://www.opensky.com/merchant/join/plans. In addition to the subscription fee associated with the plan you select, you will also be responsible for paying a 15% commission fee and a 3% credit card processing fee on each sale made through the platform. If you have any other questions, please feel free to call our Customer Love team directly at (844)707-7779, between 9 AM and 5 PM ET, and we will be happy to assist you further.
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the OpenSky staff and other customers.
OpenSky?