US Government's NSF

Categories: Marketplace, Shopping
18 W 18th Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10011, USA
help@opensky.com

People interested in OpenSky are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

sharonj28

Customer service answered the phone promptly and they all spoke english!!! (in 48 reviews)

lenah4

I read some disturbing reviews about opensky after I placed an order there. (in 103 reviews)

ellend8

They have one more day before I call my credit card company and cancel the transaction. (in 18 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

peggym14
8/30/15

Where the Hell are my necklaces? Ordered them on Aug 5, payment hit my credit card Aug. 6.. It is now Aug 28 th and I Still do not have them!

kathym62
8/29/15

Ordered on 7/18...received product quickly, very inferior.....3 requests to get a return label.....Sent it back in the exact envelope it was sent in....weight wrong, post office charged me an extra $3.01.....Receipt shows merchandise returned on 7/27......Email them on 8/18 as I don't see a credit on my credit card.....they acknowledge the return was processed "today" and allow 3- 5 days for cc refund????? Email again on 8/18.....same response...."return was processed today", please allow 3 -5 days for refund......
It's now in the hands of my credit card, called them to deal with them!

joohic
8/29/15

This was the worst online shopping experience I have had, after taking 6 weeks for my things to get here, they were nothing like the description , the bag I ordered was supposed to have a " free matching wallet" which wasn't there , the battery stand doesn't work. I'm sure my other 3 items I had shipped to my sister will be junk also. Wasted $200 total on crap.Will never buy from them, wish you could give a zero star. J.C.

shandec
8/25/15

Not now, reading all the HORRIBLE reviews right before I was going to place an order (just in the nick of time, won't be placing an order now. I was a little unsure already because out of all the online places I order thru, ALL OF THEM, EXCEPT "OpenSky" have a phone number you can call to place an order, ask questions about products etc.... Now, even that is "irrelevant"..

Tip for consumers: READ THE REVIEWS FIRST

renes32
8/23/15

I bought what I thought was a Smartfit 2.0. Open sky website said it would accommodate iPhone 6 plus. Took almost a month to get it and what I received was something called a smart bracelet 4.0. The box it came in showed it would work with up to a iPhone 5. When I programmed it, the first day I wore I took it off and wanted to throw it away. The pedometer was counting every slight movement of my hand. I even put it on my non dominant hand. It had over 6000 steps before I even got to work in the morning. I had a fitbit before and it never counted my arm/hand movement. Horrible product. Do not recommend this website to anyone.

sondram1
8/20/15

I don't know how I got "hooked up" with Open Sky but one day it just started appearing on my computer in my email. I looked it over, it said I had a $65.00 credit to use. I thought, well, that would get me a free bag! So I looked carefully, picked something out, tried to order it, and low and behold, only $10.00 of my $65.00 went towards that bag. I got to use the "rest" of it on other orders, but, only, of course, if I ordered more stuff that day otherwise I lost it! So, I continued to look. I saw a lovely suede bag that was over $200. I wanted to ask a question about the bag before ordering it, sent a message to the vendor and found that Open Sky was not involved AT ALL, the product came directly from the vendor. I went back to look at the product again, and in the 10 minutes I had been considering it, it went up in price $50.00! I decided then, forget it. Then I read the reviews and many people have had the same experiences. Will not order from this company, you have no idea WHO you are dealing with, certainly not a reputable company like Amazon.

tw220
8/13/15

Ordered a product that did not work as I expected. When I reviewed the description I realized that there was limited but took a chance. When I tried to return it i was advised they had a no return policy on this item - which did not appear on the product page. Customer service at both the seller and supplier were unable to produce an answer as to why.

carolk40
8/13/15

Don't buy from Opensky! They are SO SLOW, you may never see your items. I'm still waiting now for three things I ordered 12 days ago!

danielk48
8/12/15

Purchased an item never received it. After 2 more weeks got a refund for the item only. 4 weeks later still waiting for the shipping refund. Lousy company. Worst online purchase ever.

eileenk8
8/9/15

I purchased a keychain and necklace...paid close to 20$, and they are not worth .50!!
Product is cheap, and looks nothing like pics on their website!

lisas177
8/4/15

This site falsely advertises "credit" in your account, has lousy return policy and customer service can't decipher your email requests. Run as fast as you can, away from the computer, and order online with a more reliable company. Their adverts lead you to believe inexpensive, wonderful products, but are not worthy. Wish I'd seen these reviews before I dropped a few hundred on various items that they won't refund me fully for. Minus shipping/handling that costs more than it did on the receiving side!!! Sucks.

charlotteb27
8/2/15

Thanks to those who wrote reviews. I had an experience similar to one of the reviewers. Saw a bag I liked at around $44.00. After browsing on the website I was asked if I wanted to be on the email list for special offers, etc. After "joining" the price of the bag went up ten dollars. That was the first clue to stay away. Apparently the company needs to clean up their act.

davids350
7/31/15

I bought a 10' braided cable for my wife's birthday and she began using it on June 15. It is now July 31 of the same year and the cord no longer works - on my phone or her's. If it were me I'd never buy one of these cords because a life span of 6 weeks is totally unacceptable.

junea14
7/30/15

I ordered an iPhone 6+ and 6 case in late May. Credit card charged immediately and received in mid June. Both cases were wrong and finally got return label. Sent back and they received on July 1. Still waiting for credit to my account and not getting any response. Going to turn in to credit card company as fraud charges

jeanh32
7/30/15

I saw an ad for a cute bag from opensky on facebook. I clicked on it, and saw that the bag was at an amazing price. Then I was asked if I wanted a credit - yes, please! After I put in my email to get the credit, the page refreshed, and the price of the bag increased. WTF?

lynnt17
7/29/15

I ordered from this company on 7/13. I received confirmation it was shipped 7/14. It is 7/29 and I still have not received my package. I have emailed with no response as well as left voicemail messages.

carolw45
7/28/15

Placed an order on July 13, my credit card was charged and on July 28 I still do not have my package......will NEVER order from them again......shipping should NOT take this long!!!!

jodiep9
7/28/15

Open Sky is a fraud!!!! They do not ship orders and do not respond to emails or phone callls

kathleenl19
7/21/15

Order placed 7/11, credit card charged 7/14, order in TX 7/15 with no movement. So Opensky has had my money for a week and the order has not shipped!

janed101
7/19/15

I was thinking of ordering something from this company but having problems in the past with online companies I read the review first this time. No order was placed - thank you to all for the help in not making a bad decision.

jacobc26
7/16/15

I placed an order 2 weeks ago. It says that there is one more week of processing before it hopefully will be shipped. I tried to cancel my order the next day. I received an email back saying that they can not cancel an order that is processing.
Also since my order I have been getting phone calls from scammers as well as a ton of junk mail.
It is not worth it to order from this site.........

lenah4
7/13/15

I read some disturbing reviews about opensky after I placed an order there. I have to say my item was shipped very quickly and my handbag is just as I expected! I don not believe it is the opensky itself that deserves the bad rap but the sellers!! I was very satisfied!!

pamelah19
7/12/15

ended up buying a similar product from somewhere else. Bought a pedometer that never worked and a travel pouch whose zipper broke the first time I tried to close it.

deborahp21
7/12/15

I now know that OpenSky is a marketplace, like Etsy or Ebay. Orders from their on-line catalog (which looks very professional) actually get shipped from various shops. The item I ordered came a month late and looks cheap & awful. Shipping problems: The US P.O. Tracking number they sent was only a pre-shipment number, notifying the PO that they would be shipping a pkg--post office had no record of actually receiving a package to ship to me until AFTER I complained to OpenSky via email. Item arrived, was horribly cheap looking. Cost $10.80 (supposedly a "sale" price) plus tax/shipping. It looks like a dollar-store or something out of a gumball machine. I could not give as gift. OpenSky sent me a label for return by UPS (not post office); their T&C says that returns are subject to $7.95 shipping fee. With that, the price of a padded envelope, and the hassle of finding a UPS drop-off point, I will still come out losing even if they refund the cost. Customer service by phone is through OpenSky. The people speak English, are professional and courteous.

Tip for consumers: Check to see which store is actually offering the merchandise--it doesn't actually come from OpenSky.

sharonj28
7/10/15

I have ordered multiple products from OpenSky.

I have never had a problem. Customer service answered the phone promptly and they all spoke english!!! And were helpful.

Good job OpenSky!

janm43
7/7/15

Do not order from Open Sky.... misleading and the products are awful. I ordered a LEATHER purse for $79.00..............it's VINYL..... awful, deceptive, misleading.

babuld
7/7/15

same experience.. says product shipped but product never arrives...

i wish I had checked their reviews first. These people are not only fraud but they are dumb. What's the point in running such business where you get 85% negative reviews and can not ship products that you charge for? And really surprised why this is google trusted store? I am going to report it to google soon. And disputing the charge with my credit card company.

------ Update --------

After reporting it to google I could easily resolve the issue. They lied to google about the whole thing; fortunately I had the logs of emails that I received from them. I submitted that correspondence to Google. I am sure Google must have done strict followup with them. They not only readily cancelled my order by refunded the money back to my credit card within 5 days.

annw43
7/2/15

Guess I have learned my lesson. Gave them one more chance to deliver functional working product in reasonable time with follow up that was never responded to and this is the last order ever!! What is the reason this company runs such a shoddy business? Disgusting.

kayb25
6/19/15

after purchasing 3 blue tooth head phones, one stopped taking the charge. $89 and after 3 months it is no longer useable. opensky could have not cared less. they told me i had 14 days to return. DO NOT BUY FROM OPENSKY. make it easy on yourself. go buy it locally and if you have any problem, you will not get the same response as the slack @sses from opensky george tracy sutton Tsutton@1791.com

annec37
6/17/15

You can't find out what the return policy is very easily; the goods are promoted as high quality but THEY ARE NOT; when you contact them about an item that is not as promised, they tell you sales are final. BAH. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

elizabethb75
6/17/15

not only was the product very bad quality, I have never gotten my refund after sending it back. Do not order from this site!
Elizabeth B.

evev2
6/16/15

Awful product, tried to return it but was told the sale was final. I'd stay away from this vendor - shoddy merchandise and horrible customer service.

roxannei
6/13/15

I ordered a necklace and earrings. The necklace arrived broken. It was a glass ladybug attached to the necklace that arrived shattered. The coloring on the beads came off on my hand. I will never order from this company again. Poor quality and terrible customer service.

lourdesl3
6/12/15

After I placed my order I read all of the negative reviews and was concerned but I received my shoes in 3 days and I love them overall positive experience

lilys28
6/10/15

I signed up for 20% off first purchase by giving my email address. The item page refreshed and price went up $10 from $39.00 to $49.00. They are kidding, right? What a scam and a hoax. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS!!!! It happened right before my eyes.

annal73
6/9/15

I placed an order because I was SUPPOSED to have a credit. This is after I placed an order that never arrived and was apparently cancelled, presumably because they did not actually have the item (I didn't realize they were the same company at first) so when they charged my card too much, I IMMEDIATELY tried to get an answer from customer service, but I could find no phone number, so I emailed, REPEATEDLY and asked for a cancel on the order immediately. They send me an email days later, saying they cancelled the order. Two weeks later after I THOUGHT this was over, I was charged not 1, but FOUR overdraft charges because they came out of my account, unbeknownst to me. So, when they charged my card, I was able to determine a phone number (thanks to my bank), however, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a human being on the phone, so I emailed AGAIN after calling a dozen times with no result and then found out my order had been shipped. One item I STILL have no received and one item I was told I could only return with an "Official" return label, which I of course have not gotten because THEY SUCK and I NEVER received one item at all (the only one I cared about anyhow!). I will NEVER use this company again and I will leave a message like this ANYWHERE I can find. I hope they go down in flames.

reenah
6/8/15

I ordered a bodysuit & it came too big. I was charged a fee for exchanging it & had to pay to send it back. I paid the extra costs because I really wanted the bodysuit. After two months it never came. Apparently they sent the bodysuit I had now paid an extra $25 for, to someone else & advised that I contact the post office in that state about it. Unbelievable! My advise is to deal directly w/the vendor. Opensky is just the middle man for vendors & perhaps if they weren't so lazy, unorganized & slow, they would actually satisfy customers & their reviews wouldn't be so awful

bettet
6/6/15

I have CANCELLED my yesterday order with you for
a pair of Earrings..Silver by ZilverZoom...you have
no right to be in business and backed by Google
because you don't answer the phone, or send a
confirmation. I will not be charged on my credit card,
and have notified them that I am in dispute on this.
bettalb@mindspring.com

erics91
6/5/15

I had a positive experience with OpenSky. After reading some negative reviews, I was originally nervous to buy something from the site. However, I found a great price on a unique belt and decided to take the plunge. Fortunately, I can report that I have received my order in perfect condition.

My understanding is that OpenSky serves as a hub for other vendors, mostly small businesses and startups. I imagine that problems which others have reported were probably caused by the actual vendors and not OpenSky itself.

When I placed my order, I was informed that the item would take about five days to ship out. After five days, I had not received shipment confirmation, so I contacted OpenSky to confirm the status of my order. I received a prompt response from an OpenSky representative who promised to investigate. Soon thereafter, I received a shipment confirmation. The item was delivered on time and as described.

Overall, I am satisfied with my experience on OpenSky and would recommend it to others. I might advise, however, to research the primary vendors before making a purchase.

kristinas28
6/4/15

In placed an order for 1 set of 10 smart cleaning cloths from Schatzii on this website. When I checked my bank account they had actually charged me for 2 orders. I emailed the customer service department and had been told that there are no refunds for this product and vendor. I once again emailed the customer service department and let them know that I never ordered the second item and wanted my money back since it was a duplicate order. They said that the items had shipped and to refuse the item. As of today I still have not received the item to be able to refuse it and they will not issue me a refund and say I have to contact the post office and submit a claim for goods not received. When I try to track the second item it has no tracking number to be able to track with the USPS. Although it was not a large amount of money stolen from me no business should be allowed to just take money from a consumer. I am not rich and work for every penny I make. DO NOT SHOP HERE. THEY WILL STEAL FROM YOU!!! By the way my original order for 1item, not 2 of the same item, was placed on April 17th and it is now June 4, 2015. No resolution to this at all as of yet.

bettyk14
6/4/15

I have purchased one item from Open Sky and will NEVER buy another! I purchased:

Fitness Tracker and Self Contained Watch
ITEM NUMBER: 1450017
QTY: 1
PRICE: $37.46

I bought this as a gift. But the recipient told me she couldn't use it because the website given to download the needed app contains a virus and her computer blocked it. I tried to download the app as well and found the same virus warning! I wanted to return the item but then learned it could only be returned 14 from the date of purchase! I ordered it and gave it as a gift, so by the time we learned it was worthless, the 14 days had expired. So I spent over $37 dollars just to be embarrassed by giving a totally worthless piece of junk! I am not happy and will be searching for more places to write this review so others are not taken in by this scam!

hollyf10
6/4/15

Run! You will be ripped off.

susanf44
5/31/15

Ordered dress 5/5 from 'bright and beautiful' (stay away from them!!). It said shipped and I was charged on 5/15. They lied. It never got shipped and since I wanted it for rehearsal dinner on 5/28 I wanted to cancel it. Couldn't because it had been marked as shipped. Wrote them and after days they said they would contact opensky to refine since it hadn't been shipped. Lied again. Never responded to requests from opensky (after I contacted them) and now they have shipped the dress that I don't want. And the comments from others are unreal: cheap, wrong color, wrong size, never received, wrong price. Wow! This one shop is going To drag down opensky.

Tip for consumers: Avoid "bright and beautiful" at all costs. One of the opensky shops.

kayef
5/25/15

I ordered a hat from Open Sky on November 24 (for a Christmas gift). Money was taken from my credit card a couple of days later. Today is Memorial Day and still no hat!!! Tried to call and just get recordings trying to get me to buy more stuff. Am reporting to the attorney General for fraud. I was sent an email telling me that it was being shipped via USPS (USPS never received it).

mc385
5/23/15

The real product is so inferior to the picture posted on their Website. You are guaranteed to be disappointed! Stay away.

realr1
5/22/15

Hidden handling charge until checkout. Coupon code on front page of website didn't work. Two red flags before my first purchase means there is no purchase.

janiej1
5/19/15

I have been waiting for over 15 days for my item. Since they use the post office for a lot of their shipping I advise everyone to file a mail fraud complaint if 1 -you don't receive your item or2 -if it is not the correct item. I would also report them for credit card fraud. Don't even want to give them the one star in order to submit the review.

doreenw3
5/18/15

This is the WORST website ever. They add items to your cart right before checkout. Customer service is a joke. I was quoted 7 different prices for the same item in 3 days...the price changes constantly. In addition, even if you wanted to buy something, their cart and checkout page are so busy adding things, you can never complete the transaction.

rmh2
5/12/15

I wish I would have read this site before placing my order. First, the price I saw the ad for on Facebook which prompted me to go to the site, was not the same price I was given when I placed the order - which they make it difficult to figure out with their weird discounting procedures- but I still considered it a good price, so I placed the order. I was given two different delivery dates that were not met. When I contacted them - only available by email on their website - they said they would contact the seller & get back to me. Their response was basically that I should have expected it to take longer than they promised and that it "was on its way". It finally shipped two days AFTER my inquiry. The "canned" and condescending responses are not acceptable. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE. Order elsewhere.

leighh14
5/12/15

I ordered a shirt after clicking an ad on Facebook. I received the shirt, but not in a timely manner. Then after I inquired about returning the shirt (quality was poor and was too small), I received no response for two weeks (submitted both through the form on their site, as well as directly by email). Then I finally (after weeks) received a response which asked if I had received my return label. I responded "no" and have not hear another thing. Of course this is out of the 14 day return window...really really frustrated. Not to mention you are charged a restocking fee for returning an item -- WTH?? DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM.

23 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the OpenSky staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I ordered something on 4/4/15. It is now 4/17/15 and the items I ordered are sitting somewhere in Texas. These were for birthday presents and I didn't know it would take an eternity for them to get here - to be fair, it was what I think is a fantastic deal money-wise. How do I find out when it's coming?
4/17/15
Answer
dawns28
A: I wish that their products were worth the money, don't waste yours. You can't track anything and then once you finally receive it, it turns out to be very poor merchandise, I emailed them literally about 12 times regarding the poor quality and received back nothing.
4/18/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: I was given a tracking # for my product purchased, and I entered the # into UPS tracking, and it said Package Unfound! Just wondering why.
4/20/15
Answer
dawns21
A: You will never get an answer or a refund, I tried for months.
5/7/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the OpenSky staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
OpenSky?