US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

venishaw

Inspite of me being annoying they were very understsnding and gave me excrllent customer service. (in 8 reviews)

johnk88

That's not bad business of NYDress; if anything, allowing an exchange or store credit is more than generous!! (in 5 reviews)

michaelan

I ordered my dress and had it within 5 days - and I'm not even from the same country! (in 1 review)

▼ Sort by: recent

sarahj85
2/7/15

I don't really do reviews but I'm going to for this one. After reading a lot of comments about New York Dress I was kinda hesitant to order a dress from them but I did. The customer service is EXCELLENT! My dress came a week after being ordered. It is BEAUTIFUL! Fits perfectly. I could not be happier! Thank you New York Dress! I cannot wait until prom!

nancyb67
2/6/15

My experience was ok. My one complaint is that the colors listed on the website for the dress I wanted were not the colors that were actually available when I went to order my dress. The ladies that I talked to in customer service were very helpful. I would also like to be sent an e-mail when the colors I wanted became available but was told this was not possible.

beatrizd1
2/6/15

Excellent

indikak
1/29/15

I really love the dress it's so beautiful and thank u for everything really easy to work with u guys

alia77
1/22/15

supper
Thanks NewYorkDress

dawnd14
1/18/15

When I ordered the dress It said it would be £333 but when I made a payment it made me pay £56 pound.. Then when the dress arrived in the UK I had to pay £65 tax and vat charge which I was not told about!!! However shipping was very quick

patriciam50
1/17/15

I enjoyed all the compliments that I was showered with on New Years Eve in the dress I purchased from NewYorkDress.com. It was very beautiful!! Thank you! I have and I will continue to recommend this site!

lamyaa
1/17/15

I loved the dress, but it was bit tight although the sizing chart says its at least half inch larger than my original size.

shandad2
1/16/15

Love my dress and my husband love it more. He plans to continue to buy my dresses from you.

wendyp16
1/16/15

The rich purple color is true to the photo, the stones and sequins of nice quality and the dress construction is is well made. I also think this style runs very true to size.

marsham3
12/14/14

The dress is beautiful, however I ordered size larger because I though it would run small so it's just a little bit bigger. I'm ver happy as in the begining I was scared of ordering as I had a bad experience with Eric Dress unbelievable and I lost having to return out of the country cost me $50 anyway with New York Dress I had no problems I paid for it and seems less than a week I had it. I will order in the future as do far they have proven to be reputable. I have a photo shoot and thus dress is spectacular for my album cover. Thanks!

marys154
12/12/14

This is probably the tenth dress I purchased from New York Dress. Some I have adored, some not so much. But whether or not I adored the dresses, the service has always been fantastic!
This latest dress, a Tarik Ediz, is fabulous. Love, love, love it. Watch out New Year's Eve!

vivianf9
12/12/14

GOOD SHIPPING TIME FOR ODERS . VERY GOOD HIGH END QUALITY OF MATERIAL FOR CLOTHING. AND VERY GOOD SALES PERSONNEL THAT NOW WHAT YOU NEED IN ORDERING COLOR AND SIZES THANK YOU NEWYORK DRESSES

margotd1
12/8/14

It was excellent in everyway!! Attencion , time, and when I asked for someone who spoke spanish they quickly made it possible!!the dresses were what I expected!!! Thank you!!!

staceyh17
11/24/14

I was a bit skeptical with having to order my dress online as a final sale but if you get sized at a wedding shop and have them help you decide your size you will be fine. I had very minor alterations that needed to get done. My dress fit perfect, was flowing in the wind and looked great on a sandy beach. Dere Kiang 11137 matched my choice of style and I could not find anything like this anywhere else, even after months of research. The dress was more beautiful in person. THANK YOU!

rachelh25
11/18/14

I was nervous about ordering from them after the reviews but we gotnthe dress today and it is better than perfect! The price was a little lower than I could get locally, the dress is authentic and in perfect condition, shipping was fast! I'm thrilled!

rachels12
11/14/14

I had an absolutely wonderful experience from start to finish with this company. Customer service was one of the best out there. My daughter is ij a pageant this summer and the dress we ordered was spot on perfect and arrived on the day I was told it would arrive. I would recommend this company to anyone and do not listen to any of the bad reviews. Pure nonsense.

wendyd16
10/24/14

The website was great, they sent the dress promptly. I did not care for the dress, although it fit well. When I went to send it back, turns out they only give store credit, and my next choice dress was from another store. Didn't have any use for a $450 store credit, so they charged me a fee, plus I had to pay the return shipping. "Though our return policy indicates that we only accept returns for store credit, we will make a one-time exception and authorize a refund only less a 15% handling fee of $67.50. Your refund will be in the amount of $382.50." So it cost me $67 plus shipping to try the dress on. Much worse treatment than you get from department stores. I'm going to stick with Dillards from now on.

After seeing this review posted, New York Dress contacted me and offered a full refund for the dress. I am very satisfied with this response, so my cost for trying on the dress is now only the shipping from and back to the company, which is reasonable to me. I appreciate their followup and the full refund did in fact post yesterday to my credit card.

Tip for consumers: Be careful ordering from this site, and understand that there may be a lengthy process involved if you wish to make a full return, rather than a return for store credit.

nassimm23
10/22/14

the whole procedure was really convincing

jeanl20
10/21/14

Communication was great throughout the process. I had never ordered a dress on line before, but after chatting with the rep I felt confidence to buy my dress from them. Great service I would certainly have no problem doing business with newyorkdress again or recommend to friends

anas266
9/2/14

you are the best

hadeela
9/1/14

No comments in the dresses . All of them are perfect

annem33
8/23/14

I was amazed at how easy the ordering, delivery and service was! I appreciated the follow up phone call to confirm the order and details, it was a hassle free experience, , a prompt delivery and the dress is exactly what I had expected...many thans,I wil be ordering again in the future. I wish you did touser suits and other day wear as your clothes are amazing!

rahafa
8/22/14

It was awesome experience with newyorkdress
You gyes are amazing

jeanniew2
8/22/14

Excellent Service! I recommend New York Dress to all my friends.

carolr24
7/28/14

I ordered a 500 dress and i didn't like the way it fitted. Im being told that i can't get my money back when i just received the dress. never worn. I don't like the quality of the dress. It looks cheap. I recommend everyone to stay away from this site.

bonniem32
7/10/14

This is my first ever review and it's only right I should share the experience of my first ever online shopping experience. It was just over a year ago and I ordered a beautiful Allure gown from New York Dress and happy to say everything went well. There was a little bit of confusion at the start but I think that was my fault. But everything worked out fine. the dress was perfect but needed some small alterations. Great selection and happy to recommend.

ahmedg6
7/5/14

Ordered two dresses from here, no problems at all the quality is Amazing I got in one day as I live in Canada and it was by DHL to my surprise next morning it arrived um I don't know sitejabber reviews seem to just bash every company to the bone I worked with a lot of companies even though they have negative reviews they still do an excellent job these review sites are filled with people who just are never happy with anything or people bringing down the reputation of other companies to satisfy their own, I don't man but sooooo many fake people out there, be honest and give people a chance!

faraf
6/16/14

I had ordered à dress and a pair of shoes from this website alover from The Netherlands, thinking that its à lot cheaper and reliable website! The packagemaker was delivered on time, but the cusoms has chargéd me 265 dollars! Its almost the Total amount that i paid for the dress! When I called the customer service at first they were telling me that its my and my country's problem that they charge so much! I couldn't believe they told me that! After hanging on the Phone for almost 30 minutes evenually they wantend to pay 60 dollars back! This is my first and last time purchassing from this website! If you are planning to order from other country then US think twice! After payment they are unfortunatelly less friendly! If ik new that there Will be more chargés then I would have never ordered!

lizm20
6/2/14

Very happy with my dress purchase and it only took 2 days to reach Australia!
The dress fit perfectly and was exactly as advertised. I would definitely recommend this website. They have so many beautiful gowns to choose from I couldn't decide on which one.

kellyd26
5/21/14

This site seems to get mixed reviews. From my experience, it was quite good. Nice selection of big brands but prices usually over my budget. Delivery was fine and no great drama. There was a small problem and it took a few attempts to get it sorted but it came good in the end. Not my first choice but I think I would shop here again.

hayleep
3/27/14

I ordered a pair of shoes from this site and it came in two sizes to big. I wear a size 6.5 heel, and my friend, who wears a size 8, fit into the shoes properly while they were super loose on me. The shoes went up to $165 in total ($88 for the shoes $35 for customs, plus shipping and handling.) When speaking with a representative of the site they told me I would only get store credit for $88 and nothing else, plus I would have to pay to ship the shoes back, AND I only had two weeks to return them. On top of all that, when I order a replacement pair of shoes, I will have to pay for customs, and shipping and handling all over again. Do not by from this site, its a major rip off.

tonir3
3/5/14

Ordered a dress - took 12 days to receive it. After following their size guidelines, I ordered my standard size but it was too small and did not measure up to the guidelines posted.. They informed me that if they did not receive it in 7 days (not business) that they would refuse receipt of the dress and I would receive no credit. With such a slow turn-around time, I had to buy a dress locally for the ball which I was attending, and now I am waiting again for the replacement. In the future, I'll rely on a hands-on experience in a local establishment.

nikkib13
2/8/14

Hi there
6 days for dress to arrive to Australia. Lovely dress was given extra fabric and breast shapers! Measurements were spot on! I will still do some altering but it was the correct 00 size! Dress was beautifully made and exactly like the picture! Hope this helps other people!

maryt44
1/31/14

As I was ordering my daughters dress I clicked on the online chat to make sure I could return it. The lady said "absolutely." She failed to complete the conversation!! When I got my daughter's dress and it did not fit after I followed their exact measurements I tried to get a refund. Absolutely not! They offered store credit which I had to take. Then I had to pay shipping (which is reasonable) but they also charged a $10 fee for absolutely nothing. I learned my lesson!! Do not use this company unless you are exactly sure it will fit.

venishaw
1/10/14

I was very annoying because I had a bad experience with a previous company I did business with. Inspite of me being annoying they were very understsnding and gave me excrllent customer service. My dress reach about 3 months early. Wat csn beat that? I am writing with teary eyes. It was the most beautiful I have ever been. My pics are on facebook and I get 100 comments per day. Thanks to newyork dresses. U r reserve for all my formal wears.

mandyu
11/18/13

They sent me a dress that was apparently for my exact measurements. It was a good 6 inches away from doing up in the back! How the hell is that even possible!? After Begging them to let me return it, they agreed but charged me 40 bucks in "fees" OH and I also had to pay 30.00 bucks to ship it back to them! Love flushing 70 bucks down the toilet for their mistake! Don't waste your time with this site! They will rip you off!

anne-sophiel
10/7/13

La robe que j'ai reçu ne ressemblait pas à celle de la photo!
Et lorsque j'ai voulu la renvoyer on m'a proposé de me rembourser 5 dollars (j'avais payé environs 150 dollars)!! alors que le site disait qu'on pouvait échanger ou se faire rembourser dans les 15 jours
ce site est une escroquerie

lindad38
10/1/13

This is response from the person who said they have an F rating with the bbb and gave a link that didn't work. They actually have an A rating but have several complaints. Don't know if this link works but here it is http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/retail-stores/newyorkdress-on-line-llc-in-new-york-ny-113957
I have not bought from this company but am looking to buy a dress. Some of the reviews on this site are obviously fake... I think both positive and negative now that I found this mistake.

theaf1
9/25/13

Fantastic dresses!!! But to a budget friendly student, I can only look up at those gorgeous dresses outside of the shopwindow now. I have been searching for a prom dresses for a while. These prom dresses stores I have browsed, talkaboutprom.com, persundresses.com, coralsbridal.com, forever 21 and so on, New York dresses has the prices twice or even three times higher than them. But their dresses are really nice. I have bookmarked a few really stunning styles.
Hope you guys having fun picking your best prom dresses.

johnk88
9/18/13

This site is legit! It's ridiculous to see people on here claim they sell fake dresses when it is NOT TRUE. Get your facts straight people! NYDress does not carry knockoffs! If you are unhappy with the dress, that is your problem- don't take it out on the company and call them fakes because you're simply unhappy with the product! It doesn't mean they're fake or have horrible service because you're unhappy and probably a nightmare customer. And as far as complaining about returns, why would you expect to be able to buy something and return it, no questions asked? Criminal type people like to do that! That's not bad business of NYDress; if anything, allowing an exchange or store credit is more than generous!!

brendav3
8/16/13

I ordered my daughters Jr. Prom dress from this site. I went to the designers site (Studio 17) to make sure they were an authorized online seller first and confirmed that they were. The dress arrived in about 3 months. It was absolutely stunning. The workmanship was amazing. I was very happy with my purchase and will be ordering from them again for Sr. Prom.

leidyd
6/28/13

I Wish I hade read these reviews before I bought my dress. The whole experience has been a nightmare. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!!! I do not recommend anyone as desperate as u can be DO NOT BUY from here.

thomasf29
5/6/13

DO NOT, I REPEAT ""DO NOT"" USE THIS SITE, READ THE RETURN POLICY CAREFULLY, THEY ONLY GIVE YOU STORE CREDIT, NEVER THEY REFUND THE MONEY!!!!! TOTAL HORROR CUSTOMER SERVICE. MY DAUGHTER IS NOW STUCK WITH A 370 DOLLAR DRESS THAT WILL NEVER BE USE. AND SHE WORKED THE WHOLE LAST SUMMER TO SAVE THE MONEY FOR IT.

lauras22
12/14/12

I haven't actually ordered anything, & glad I came to read the reviews first! I'd hate to have my "wedding" dress..lol prom dress actually, but for my wedding, be messed up :(

jennyl16
11/30/12

Completely overpriced and you don't even know if they're really in New York. Over $200 for a dress is ridiculous for some no-brand untrustworthy site. Bought a dress from them once and I wouldn't have even paid over $50 for.

rp17
11/9/12

I work for a brand name designer. NewYorkDress.com is an authorized retailer of brand name dresses from a number of well know designers. They do indeed have a physical location in NYC area. Ignore the Google earth review.

cm25
9/23/12

I purchased a dress for my daughter's grad and the service was great! I was a bit scared to order on line, but I had a good online person to talk to (Electra).
The dress came from New York Dress.Com to St. John's Nfld Canada in five working days! I was really impressed with the service and the delivery company. I recommend that you follow the measurements that they give you exactly and you will have no problems. DON'T go by what size you usually purchase in the stores. The dresses fit small! My daughter fits a size 8 (usually) and the recommended size for her was higher. The dress fit perfectly when it arrived! It was beautiful. I would order again from this company without any problems!

gailb2
6/4/12

I should have read the reviews before ordering a dress. They sent me a huge dress for a size 2. I am convinced they change the size. The fabric is not the same as the one in the store. They will not take it back. They have turned me in to the credit bureau after visa removed my payment. I sent the dress back only to receive back again.

sherryh6
5/7/12

FAKE FAKE FAKE!!! Don't use this site, they make fake replicas of real designer dresses! They do not accept returns for any reason, and are no longer responding to my emails. The dress is poorly made, paid almost $300 for it and I wouldn't even wear it to a costume party. What a waste of money. I don't know how they sleep at night. If you're going to do fake dresses, at least lower the price!!!