US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

teresab47

Excellent Customer Service from the minute you order down to the details of the delivery. (in 13 reviews)

johnk88

That's not bad business of NYDress; if anything, allowing an exchange or store credit is more than generous!! (in 6 reviews)

ruthannee

I followed the size chart and ordered accordingly. (in 5 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

pages
11/20/15

I would never recommend this site! First it took over 3 weeks to get the dress, I was out of town when it arrived and could not try it on until I got back(DUH!) When it did not fit, I tried to return it and they told me it had been more than 3 days since it arrived, so I could not return???? I told them my little story and they said they get back to me in 1-2 days to let me know if I can return? Make sure you read the return policy before you order, my dress ad said returnable, BUT, you can only get a store credit IF they decide to take it back!! Customer Service STINKS!!

megans33
11/13/15

After spending months looking for the perfect dress for my year 11 prom, I found this site and instantly found the dress I wanted. I was weary about ordering from this company as there are many scam dress sites online. I ordered and recieved a phone call from the company based in New York to recheck my order to make sure it was okay. Dress delivered and was exactly as it was in the picture, although slightly too big so make sure to check the size guide carefully. Excellent quality and would 100% order from here again.

teresab47
11/11/15

I just have to say I have been so happy with the dresses that I have got from this site for my daughter. Excellent Customer Service from the minute you order down to the details of the delivery. The dresses fit perfect and so well made. I really need to send some pictures to their site.

Unfortunately, I made a BIG MISTAKE by ordering a dress this year that my daughter saw on another site. It was a 2 pc red dress from Vicky Dresses. Oh my GOD! what a nightmare. The dress came crumpled in a bag, 4 sizes too big, the beading nothing like the picture, and it just ruined Homecoming......they will not work with me and will not give me a contact number for anyone that has any sense.

I WILL NEVER STRAY AWAY FROM NEW YORK DRESS COMPANY AGAIN !!
JUST SIMPLY LOVE THEM

Sincerely, Teresa Borja

draer
11/10/15

I purchased a $218 brand new sequin dress for my daughter. The dress arrived with sequins twisted and beads falling off the dress. I informed the company right away and sent them pictures as they requested. The company then offered me an exchange only. After getting a poor quality product mis-advertised as "new", I had no intention of playing the guessing game and re-ordering another poor quality dress from them so I asked for a refund. They emailed me back and said they'd give me $21.80 to have the dress repaired at a seamstress. My event was less than 2-days away! My seamstress wouldn't touch the dress because of the delicate beading and sequins. AND!...I paid for a BRAND NEW dress that shouldn't have been ripped or torn in the first place. Buyer beware!!! Regardless of the fact that they sent me a ripped dress, they refused to give me my money back. would NEVER purchase anything from this company again. How dare you sent me a dress with beads falling off that was advertised as a BRAND NEW $218 DRESS?!?!!!!!!!...And then refuse to make right by me and give me my money back?!?!?!!!!!! Unbelievable!!!!!

lisab175
10/27/15

I was looking forward the perfect dress to wear at my second wedding. There were so many choices at New York Dress, so much easier than driving from shop to shop. The dress was perfect but i had nothing to lose because it was returnable. I got many many compliments. I couldn't be happier with my dress selection and my decision to buy from you. Thanks! I'll be back!

mariolam2
10/19/15

First dress I return I didn't like I can't have my money back I find second one came in one week but-I don't look good in this one for this money over $300 you must love how you look I am very upset for I can't have my money back I keep the dress and I go to lord&taylor and find the dress what I love for $200 I will Never buy any dress from this store

diannea7
9/8/15

I must say i have purchased a few dresses and i am not happy with the quality of the fabrics. The laces used are average quality and the fabric underlay is less than average. The costs of the dresses should ensure better quality fabrics - or even a detailed description of the fabric. I find myself changing the underlay to a better quality which then adds to the cost of the dress when i receive it.

haydeeb
8/29/15

MI COMPRA CON NEW YORK DRESSES FUE EXCELENTE EL VESTIDO ME ENCANTO Y TUBE MUCHAS OPCIONES DE COMPRA. EL SERVICIO FUE MUY BUENO Y EL ENVIO RAPIDO Y PRECISO.

VOLVERE A COMPRAR CON USTEDES

sepik
8/27/15

The dress arrived on time and the measurement was as descrbed.

laurenm42
8/27/15

I have ordered many times from NY Dress. They are my first choice for gowns. I rarely look anywhere else. The service is tops. The tracking, documentation and response time for communication is immediate. I do not worry about getting my dress on time, or haggling over issues. They continue to provide top notch service.

patriciag44
8/26/15

From start to finish, excellent in every aspect! From placing the order, to the arrival time, and condition of the dress, everything was perfect! The dress couldn't have been more beautiful!

imogenb1
8/15/15

I like their dresses stuff is good shipment was also efficient now its my favourite place to get shopped

libbyb2
8/15/15

Fantastic Quality I love the dress stuff I bought from NewYorkDess. Prices are low and quality is superb.

lindal115
8/12/15

I was initially concerned to order a dress off New York Dress Company as there is so many fraudulent companies, but I took a chance after reading positive reviews and so glad I did! The staff were extremely helpful to ease my worries. They ship in stock items very quickly. It initially said will ship in 5-7 days, but shipped in in a couple days and had my dress across the country in 7 days. It was packaged in a plastic dress bag on a hanger, ready to wear with no wrinkles. The dress was beautiful and just as shown on website. I unfortunately had to return for a size smaller and was concerned it would be a hassle, however, their online chat girls (shoutout to Deniece) were so helpful and immediately set me up with an exchange. Once they received my dress back, they again immediately shipped my dress out even though they said it would be a 2-3 day processing time before shipping. Their A+ customer service coupled with their exceptional speed of shipping, I would definitely purchase from New York Dress Company again! The dress is gorgeous and definitely a designer original!

Tip for consumers: Do your research. My experience is New York Dress Company was a very positive experience and with a dress that is not inexpensive I am so happy I took the chance.

samanehk
8/3/15

I have ordered a dress online from this website according to their size chart however, hen I received it, it didn't fit my size and style!!!! It also does not look like what you see on the website. I couldn't go to the event I planned this dress for. No sooner than I got the parcel (shipment from the US to UK), I called them/I had a chat with them and informed them that I would like to have refund.
First they said no, then they said yes but they are going to charge me for 20% of the original price, then they said you have to pay the shipment again + return customs fees.
So this is the deal:
The original dress price: 375$
48$ shipment customs fees + 75$ for return postage + 48$ VAT + 20% charge (72 $) = I have to pay 244$ just to try a dress and say that I don't want it!
Awful customer service, when I told them I can't pay the return customs fees inside the UK for US and this is the company's task to pay that in the US to release the return parcel, they said we don't take any responsibilities, you have to find a way to pay from there! nonsense according to post office here!!

tetianat
7/13/15

It was the first time of my online shopping for evening dress, I made a huge checking of all shops like this, spend couple of weeks and at the end I found this web site, they had the perfect dress for me for the perfect price with discount, but even with this I had a lot of doubts, finally I decided to take a risk, and I do not regret. I order it to France, and I get my dress in 6 days including week-end, I could get it even before but I had a problem with local DHL; The dress in fantastic, the size they that proposed is exactly mine, the fabric is good quality, it's does not look as chinese crap, so I'm sure that its original; Thank to you, NewYorkDress, I will be the most beautiful at such important event for me! Good luck in your hard work!

marilynt8
6/9/15

I have ordered 5 prom dresses from New York Dress. The sizing of the dresses is not the fault of NYD but the Designer. My daughter has 4 Faviana dresses, 2 Sherri Hill dresses, 2 Jovani dresses, 2 LaFemme dresses, 1 Tony Bowls and 2 misc. designers. Anyway, the only designer from the above list whose dresses were consistently sized the same and you could order and wear the next day were Faviana. Sherri Hill came in second. LaFemme open back dresses run much bigger than normal. Tony Bowls runs very small. And don't ever get me started on Jovani (which were not ordered from New York Dress website) they don't carry his dresses and now I know why. Quality control issues, sizing issues, dresses not as shown, etc etc etc. Big problem that I am not resolving with Prom Dress Shop. But NYD---A plus

wendyt21
5/21/15

I ordered a beautiful dress for my son's wedding. I was professionally measured and used the size chart on the website to assist me in my proper dress size. It indicated a 6. The dress came and it's HUMUNGOUS!! It must be a size 10! I doubt it can even be altered. I called customer service to see if they could rush me a size 4 and they told me that if I need a size 4 they have to special order it and it can't be delivered until August 15. That's 3 months after the wedding.. The rep on the phone said I can only get a credit and to NOT send back the dress just yet. The rep said she would submit a refund request on m behalf and to wait 1 -2 business days. She was very nice and tried to sell me other dresses... I told her I followed their chart size, but she said the charts provided are those of the designer and not theirs.. I'll keep you posted...

khaletac
5/7/15

We started looking for a prom dress late in the season. Most dresses were way out of my price range. NYdress.Com was the only site I saw with the BBB seal. The dress came in the sizing,color and beading was all accurate. The fabric was baby doll clothing fabric luckily the beading camouflages the cheap fabric.

audreys5
4/19/15

I ordered a dress according to their chart and the dress did not fit. I asked to exchange it but they could not get me the right dress in time for my event. Now they won't refund my money plus want to charge return shipping fees for a dress I never wore.

debm14
4/17/15

With all the scam sites out there and nightmares I read about from customers ordering from "design" dress makers in China, etc., I really was hesitant to order anything online. But I did my research and felt somewhat comfortable to place an order with New York Dress. Mind you my daughters wedding is not until Sept, so I ordered the end of March .. just in case. I placed the order for my dress on Monday, March 30th, received email confirmation of my order, received a follow up another email letting me know my dress had shipped on March 31st and I received the EXACT DRESS AS PICTURED on Thursday, April 2nd!! 4 days from order to receipt ... Very Impressed! Thank you New York Dress for a great experience, I won't hesitate to order again. .

tamaras8
4/14/15

Horrible Horrible return policy. I followed the chart they provided on their site to place the order for my size. IT DIDNT FIT! now they want to charge me a handling fee for returning the item. This is ridiculous!

ruthannee
3/9/15

After reading all the reviews good/bad, I did my own research. I went on the designers website and found New York dress to be an authorized seller of this designer. So.... the gowns are authentic, NOT FAKES! I followed the size chart and ordered accordingly. I am a size 10, but as recommended, I ordered a size 14. My gown arrived in less than 1 week, and I have to say it is gorgeous! The quality is exquisite and the fit is perfect with exception of the length. I will need to get the hem shortened (which I assumed). Bottom line, this is a reputable company and I will definitely order from them again.

Tip for consumers: I personally think some of the negative reviews are done by other companies trying to sabotage NYD. Others are by those who didn't follow the size chart and recommended size.

sarahj85
2/7/15

I don't really do reviews but I'm going to for this one. After reading a lot of comments about New York Dress I was kinda hesitant to order a dress from them but I did. The customer service is EXCELLENT! My dress came a week after being ordered. It is BEAUTIFUL! Fits perfectly. I could not be happier! Thank you New York Dress! I cannot wait until prom!

nancyb67
2/6/15

My experience was ok. My one complaint is that the colors listed on the website for the dress I wanted were not the colors that were actually available when I went to order my dress. The ladies that I talked to in customer service were very helpful. I would also like to be sent an e-mail when the colors I wanted became available but was told this was not possible.

beatrizd1
2/6/15

Excellent

indikak
1/29/15

I really love the dress it's so beautiful and thank u for everything really easy to work with u guys

alia77
1/22/15

supper
Thanks NewYorkDress

dawnd14
1/18/15

When I ordered the dress It said it would be £333 but when I made a payment it made me pay £56 pound.. Then when the dress arrived in the UK I had to pay £65 tax and vat charge which I was not told about!!! However shipping was very quick

patriciam50
1/17/15

I enjoyed all the compliments that I was showered with on New Years Eve in the dress I purchased from NewYorkDress.com. It was very beautiful!! Thank you! I have and I will continue to recommend this site!

lamyaa
1/17/15

I loved the dress, but it was bit tight although the sizing chart says its at least half inch larger than my original size.

shandad2
1/16/15

Love my dress and my husband love it more. He plans to continue to buy my dresses from you.

wendyp16
1/16/15

The rich purple color is true to the photo, the stones and sequins of nice quality and the dress construction is is well made. I also think this style runs very true to size.

marsham3
12/14/14

The dress is beautiful, however I ordered size larger because I though it would run small so it's just a little bit bigger. I'm ver happy as in the begining I was scared of ordering as I had a bad experience with Eric Dress unbelievable and I lost having to return out of the country cost me $50 anyway with New York Dress I had no problems I paid for it and seems less than a week I had it. I will order in the future as do far they have proven to be reputable. I have a photo shoot and thus dress is spectacular for my album cover. Thanks!

marys154
12/12/14

This is probably the tenth dress I purchased from New York Dress. Some I have adored, some not so much. But whether or not I adored the dresses, the service has always been fantastic!
This latest dress, a Tarik Ediz, is fabulous. Love, love, love it. Watch out New Year's Eve!

vivianf9
12/12/14

GOOD SHIPPING TIME FOR ODERS . VERY GOOD HIGH END QUALITY OF MATERIAL FOR CLOTHING. AND VERY GOOD SALES PERSONNEL THAT NOW WHAT YOU NEED IN ORDERING COLOR AND SIZES THANK YOU NEWYORK DRESSES

margotd1
12/8/14

It was excellent in everyway!! Attencion , time, and when I asked for someone who spoke spanish they quickly made it possible!!the dresses were what I expected!!! Thank you!!!

staceyh17
11/24/14

I was a bit skeptical with having to order my dress online as a final sale but if you get sized at a wedding shop and have them help you decide your size you will be fine. I had very minor alterations that needed to get done. My dress fit perfect, was flowing in the wind and looked great on a sandy beach. Dere Kiang 11137 matched my choice of style and I could not find anything like this anywhere else, even after months of research. The dress was more beautiful in person. THANK YOU!

rachelh25
11/18/14

I was nervous about ordering from them after the reviews but we gotnthe dress today and it is better than perfect! The price was a little lower than I could get locally, the dress is authentic and in perfect condition, shipping was fast! I'm thrilled!

rachels12
11/14/14

I had an absolutely wonderful experience from start to finish with this company. Customer service was one of the best out there. My daughter is ij a pageant this summer and the dress we ordered was spot on perfect and arrived on the day I was told it would arrive. I would recommend this company to anyone and do not listen to any of the bad reviews. Pure nonsense.

wendyd16
10/24/14

The website was great, they sent the dress promptly. I did not care for the dress, although it fit well. When I went to send it back, turns out they only give store credit, and my next choice dress was from another store. Didn't have any use for a $450 store credit, so they charged me a fee, plus I had to pay the return shipping. "Though our return policy indicates that we only accept returns for store credit, we will make a one-time exception and authorize a refund only less a 15% handling fee of $67.50. Your refund will be in the amount of $382.50." So it cost me $67 plus shipping to try the dress on. Much worse treatment than you get from department stores. I'm going to stick with Dillards from now on.

After seeing this review posted, New York Dress contacted me and offered a full refund for the dress. I am very satisfied with this response, so my cost for trying on the dress is now only the shipping from and back to the company, which is reasonable to me. I appreciate their followup and the full refund did in fact post yesterday to my credit card.

Tip for consumers: Be careful ordering from this site, and understand that there may be a lengthy process involved if you wish to make a full return, rather than a return for store credit.

nassimm23
10/22/14

the whole procedure was really convincing

jeanl20
10/21/14

Communication was great throughout the process. I had never ordered a dress on line before, but after chatting with the rep I felt confidence to buy my dress from them. Great service I would certainly have no problem doing business with newyorkdress again or recommend to friends

anas266
9/2/14

you are the best

hadeela
9/1/14

No comments in the dresses . All of them are perfect

annem33
8/23/14

I was amazed at how easy the ordering, delivery and service was! I appreciated the follow up phone call to confirm the order and details, it was a hassle free experience, , a prompt delivery and the dress is exactly what I had expected...many thans,I wil be ordering again in the future. I wish you did touser suits and other day wear as your clothes are amazing!

rahafa
8/22/14

It was awesome experience with newyorkdress
You gyes are amazing

jeanniew2
8/22/14

Excellent Service! I recommend New York Dress to all my friends.

carolr24
7/28/14

I ordered a 500 dress and i didn't like the way it fitted. Im being told that i can't get my money back when i just received the dress. never worn. I don't like the quality of the dress. It looks cheap. I recommend everyone to stay away from this site.

bonniem32
7/10/14

This is my first ever review and it's only right I should share the experience of my first ever online shopping experience. It was just over a year ago and I ordered a beautiful Allure gown from New York Dress and happy to say everything went well. There was a little bit of confusion at the start but I think that was my fault. But everything worked out fine. the dress was perfect but needed some small alterations. Great selection and happy to recommend.

10 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the NewYorkDress staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
3 weeks ago
Answer
alonr
A: Thank you for your question regarding the authenticity of our dresses. We can confirm that we are an authorized retailer for all of the designers we carry and one of the largest U.S.-based online retailers. All of the dresses we send are authentic pieces manufactured by the designers, meaning that the dress you receive will be the same one that you see in the picture on our site or have seen in an authorized boutique.

Please feel free to contact us with any other questions that you may have. We are here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
3 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
9/17/15
Answer
alonr
A: Thank you for your inquiry, and congratulations on your up coming wedding. Our aim is for all of our customers to be extremely satisfied, which is why we are very picky when it comes to the styles that we carry on our site. We pride ourselves in carrying only the best designs in our industry to ensure that we maintain a high standard when it comes to the overall quality of the dress. We have a customer service team who are available to assist and guide our customers before during and after the ordering process, which means that we are able to assist with recommending styles, sizes and color, and are able to address any concerns before an order is placed. We also provide size charts on our site, which come directly from our designers, and which serve as a good guide when finding the best fit. Despite this, we know that shopping online can still be uncomfortable for some people, so we work hard to ensure that our returns policy is as customer service friendly as possible by allowing returns; with the exception of our bridal styles, which are not stocked, but rather, are specially and specifically made for our customers based on each brides individual needs. We do not want you to be stuck with any items that you are unhappy with, so we always work with each of our customers' individually to ensure that we provide solutions that work best, and leave you the most satisfied.

We know how important that big day is for you, and we would love to answer any other questions that you may have before you make your purchase, so please call or chat with us at your earliest convenience, so that we can help you find the perfect dress for your special occasion!
9/18/15