US Government's NSF
sarahl14

63 Reviews for MYHABIT

▼ Sort by: recent

4/9/14

I have chanced upon myhabit when I had to buy a pair of high fashion shoes that had as expected ran out of the shops as soon as they were put out. I have vast experience in online shopping being both a buyer and a seller. So I googled a bit and I was lead to the greatest site ever. Not only do they have the right size for me, they are priced very low, way low than the other fashion sites that I frequented before. I stayed on the site to browse some more and was delighted to find out that there are other awesome items as well in other categories. Like a true fashion diva I appreciate the e-mail they send to keep me updated on the latest sales! It sometimes suck because others get there before me but it's ok, I win some, I lose some. Also, a special shout out to their great after sales customer care for replying promptly and comprehensively to my queries and requests.

3/23/14

Last FIVE orders have either not turned up, can't be tracked or have sent incorrect items. Can't be trusted at all-will tell you anything to get you to not cancel an order. Total and utter rubbish site-do not trust do not use.

1/29/14

I saw a $775.00 Calvin Klein white shirt for sale for $149.00 on their site. I bought it! It came with a label from Calvin Klein attached saying, "Suggested Retail - $98.00"!!!! I was appalled, felt used and what do they think I am, stupid? I called to let them know and all they would do is refund me the balance between 149.00 and 98.00 - which means there's no discount and it's a supposedly discount site. Then, when I decided, forget it, I'll return it - they wanted to charge me a 3.99 return fee!!! After much time on the phone with supervisors, I finally got that 3.99 fee waved. I tell you what, I am telling everyone I know this story and you should too if you're reading this.

1/14/14

I have spent a good deal of money on MYHABIT over the past two years, and all was going well until this fall. In October, a men's cashmere sweater I bought went missing in shipping. I called, traced it, and talked with their customer service rep at great length. They immediately offered a full refund which came through. I decided it was probably someone in the mailroom of my workplace. So this month, I ordered two more things but had them sent to my home. Just yesterday, they were supposedly delivered and signed for. Not possible--never even knocked at the door etc. Once again I called, talked to customer service and was offered a full refund immediately. Which I accepted. But I told them that I was done shopping with them--they needed to get a grip on their random, private carrier called LAZERSHIP because something was really wrong.
I found the whole thing strange---it's almost like they are expecting trouble and have orders to just bail out with a refund at the first complaint. The more I thought about it, the odder it seemed so I went online to see how they are reviewed. I see there are issues But my issue is not with Customer Service per se. They have been great....

1/7/14

They have no customer service. It is nearly impossible to find a phone number, and they claim they do not have incoming customer service email addresses. Instead, one must go through a maze of online FAQ's to finally send a form. No ability to upload anything.

Don't believe them if they say they will call you back.

I ordered all my holiday gifts from myhabit.com. Many arrived broken and nearly all were mislabeled. I had to unwrap the items to determine what was what. After paying $5 per gift wrap this was an extreme inconvenience.

Still battling to get refunds.

11/25/13

I have bought FERRAGAMO Women's Ferragamo Soft with Handbag from MYHABIT, first it is big hole inside ,and I print pre-paid shipping label and drop off outgoing mail box.on next day.And I send email request for refund.Then funny things happened.different person told me different story.First said, once I mailed out, I should be get refund. After couple days, I still don't have refund, send them email again,second one told me,they have process it ,need 4-14 days. The third one told me, If I don't have refund on 24th Nov, I can contact with them.Yesterday, I sent email to them for refund. The customer service asked me to provide receipt number.They only provide pre-paid shipping label and asked us to drop off any station nearest of us.How do I have receipt number ???? After that, I sent them email ,they don't even reply me !!! Now, I don't have bag and they don't refund to me !!!! What kinda of service they are ????? I need my money back !!!!

11/21/13

I was raised with the mindset of 'buy the best for the least' (thanks, Mom!) so I've become an awesome discount designer shopper. I work a lot, have four children so the sites had become my prayers answered so that I can adhere to my mom's mantra/values. MyHabit and HauteLook became my...habits/addiction sites. I have literally spent thousands and thousands between them -mostly on MyHabit because I'm was a huge Amazon/Jeff Besos fan. Recently I bought a leather clutch bag that was offered for the first time on the site. It arrived and I loved it. Three days after it arrived I click onto that day's offerings and lo and behold there is the same bag being offered for $10 less. Not a huge amount of monetary difference, of course, but it bugged me that it was so close to the first time it had been offered and that it wasn't entitled a 'blowout' handbag sale or the like. They were just offering the bag again, less than a week later for $10 less. Made me wonder if I should go back and check my gazillions of past orders to see if this was a pattern, but haven't to date. Instead I wrote to customer service, telling them that it's not the $10 that I'm upset about, but that I had just bought it and I would never expect anything to be reduced so quickly. Customer service writes back and informs me that they will be giving me the $10 this time, but not to expect adjustments like this in the future. Well, guess what, MyHabit. I decide where to buy and your pricing policy and the tone of your 'last time you get a credit" eMail has made me decide to strike you off my long list of flash sale sites.
Just a word to my fellow shoppers- if a company doesn't value retaining you go somewhere else. HauteLook is amazing and their customer service has been stellar. My guess is because they actually pay to acquire customers via TV ads and such they understand the value of customer retention. As an aside: HauteLook actually gave me a refund of almost $100 when I made them aware that a pair of designer shoes I purchased through them had just been offered by RueLaLa for that amount less. Guess what the last lines of the eMail said after they informed me of the credit? "Thank you for shopping with us; we appreciate your business". Take notes, MyHabit

11/7/13

Good enough to buy from with a fast and free shipping .
I've had problem with my purchase once (I've received the used dress), but a customer service have solved this problem.
I keep buying from this site.

10/3/13

I was just sent the wrong thing- FOR THE 3RD TIME!!!! I ordered a cardigan.
The 1st time, I received a skirt, but it was mislabeled, I figured these things happen, the customer service agent was very kind.
The 2nd time I received a pull-over. The customer service agent sounded like she was reading off of a sheet (the customer says this; you say that...). I felt like I was talking to a robot.
Today I received the 3rd shipment. A pull-over again-no cardigan. This time I asked for a supervisor. He handled it very perfunctory- nothing more. I order from a lot of online sites-have never received the wrong item twice-let alone 3 times! Amazon- pay attention!!!

9/30/13

Worst posting, the price is higher than other website.
Compare before you shop at this website, the deal they offer is just horrible.
No worth it!

8/21/13

Terrible customer service! I purchased some Shashi Jewelry from them (3 items), which I loved. However the crystals fell out of one of the items, and another broke and wouldn't adjust the size. The price was around $80.
I contacted them requesting either a replacement or a refund and they flat out refused, saying that its expected that the items will break from "normal" use. Having worn the items less than 10 times, I'd say that's an expensive way to buy jewelry!
Their customer service, whilst prompt (I give them that), wasn't particularly friendly and not apologetic for the sub-standard product.
NEVER using this site again.

8/8/13

Buyer beware of the sizing information included on the clothing listings. Many of the items I've purchased through MyHabit had to be returned because they were not listed properly.

I enjoy shopping there, but many times I have to return the goods because of the wrong sizing information included on the page.

Apprentice Reviewer
7/16/13

Another one of those designer sale websites, but this time from Amazon. Because it is run by Amazon, the customer service is amazing. You can return most things (even a 1K wedding dress) for a flat rate of about $4. Shipping to you is free. They also refund you back to your credit card (Gilt only gives you credit back). Finally, I have noticed that their sales tend to run slightly cheaper than other sites, like Gilt (for the same exact items).

One last thing. Gilt has created these fake designer brands to make you think that you are getting huge savings, but you can't really compare because they don't exist outside of Gilt. I have never seen myhabit pull that kind of stunt.

You get 5 stars!

7/2/13

This is a site that emails you everyday *except*, apparently, when they change their policy. Was a fantastic site before they suddenly started charging for return shipping. I would have been more understanding of the change, if they had bothered to tell me about it. They probably feel they're big enough to not sweat losing customers at this point.

6/19/13

used to buy from them a lot. Now that they started charging return costs it is no-no. Thumb down till they change this policy, which will eventually be suicidal for their business...

6/1/13

You'd think an Amazon offspring would have (at least) decent customer service –– well, you'd be WRONG. I'm a frequent online shopper, and this is hands-down the worst customer service experience I've had in years. I received something from this site as a gift and, despite their site claiming to allow gift returns, I was told I could not even receive credit for item purchased through them. I can say with 100% confidence that I will never shop with MYHABIT in the future given their rude, unhelpful response to this situation. Here's hoping they shape up before becoming a casualty like so many other sites who have thrown their hats into the overcrowded private/flash sale ring. Regardless, I'll be saving my money and looking on comfortably as a bystander.

5/25/13

This is my favorite FLASH SALE sites. Flash sale ...its purpose is to sell off low inventory items at a discounted price. If you act fast, you can score some great items. The only gripe; the shipping department needs to learn how to pack fragile home goods.

5/14/13

Some of the products are nice. The only issue is very low stock. Shoes, clothes are hardly available in all sizes. Clarence site at best. Yeah the costs are nice but unfortunately it only is good when there is a healthy stock maintained for the products shown.

5/11/13

They started charging returns without ever advising their customers, just one day they quietly started to deduct shipping from your return!! And this is on clothing items that you never know if it will fit or not. Unacceptable dishonest business practice. Stay away and never buy again, will tell all my friends who I have referred to myhabit before.

4/19/13

Loved the free shipping and returns they HAD but now it is just like all the other clearance sale sites........and let me tell you that it is impossible to know if something is going to look good on you until you try it on! P.S. Piperlime has free shipping and returns;)

4/18/13

They started charging for return shipping this week. Will ABSOLUTELY never order again...too bad because I've gotten some cool things!!

4/10/13

I've ordered a few different things within 6 months (tie & cufflinks, a ladies suit, men's shoes, women's shoes and a huge children's train set) from MyHabit and I haven't had any problems at all. The shipping to Australia is very cheap ($15) and everything arrives quite fast! However, I always order knowing that I probably can't return things given that international returns are too expensive.

3/4/13

I bought a coffee table and only received the table top with no legs! It was also damaged during shipping (one corner was chipped off). I have bought two other items from them and didn't have any problems (a pair of shoes and a pillow). My suggestion...stick to small inexpensive items. Now I have to somehow get this 58lb package to the post office. How? I have no idea since it weighs more than 1/2 my weight! Too much trouble and disappointment to ever take a chance on a big item again!!

2/27/13

I have placed orders with this website. Within a week, I was sent 2 incorrect items that I didn't even order. When I called customer service, only response was send the items back which requires printing labels packing the items and a taking trip to post office/UPS to return these items. Of course, great deal of time and effort is wasted for nothing. I was highly disappointed with their response. It seems like they just send you whatever they have and not what you ordered...Also, each time they said they can't send you the correct item since it is SOLD OUT!! REALLY!!

1/22/13

My boss told me about this site. I was reluctant as I have been burned with online shopping in the past. I went ahead and visited to see what they have to offer. Of course upon my first purchase, I was extremely careful to check out the return policy as this is where I have been burned in the past. Everything seemed fine at first. Then at some point a return went to a store credit. On my next purchase they used the store credit with the remainer on my credit card. Now on this return it all again went to a store credit. I was told that if you use credit to purchase it has to go back to credit. But why couldn't the amount used to cover the purchase price that did go on my card go back to my card and not store credit. They didn't have a good answer for that one. When I called to complain, all I got was a run around about the having to use store credit policy. No one willing to make an exception or work with me in any way. All for $178.00!!! Can you believe? I am sure it isn't much to them but me.... Bad business in my opinion. I guess I will have to use my credit and then NEVER shop on this site again.

1/17/13

Warning!!!! Stay away. My story is simply: They canceled my order and refuse to compensate my loss casued.

1/12/13

International returns are a nightmare. They are rarely available to sign off for return shipments.

In addition, clothes come regularly without the original packaging or tags..Second hand goods are often sent!!!

1/9/13

This is the best online shopping site. Have used. Great customer service and top line products. Have a look

12/3/12

I have purchased three luxury items from MyHabit: a Sigerson Morrison handbag for $420, Stéphane Kelian shoe boots for $432, and an Ann Demeulemeester keychain for $97. I was not fully satisfied with any of the puchases, and downright unhappy with the first two.
The Sigerson Morrison handbag was of poor quality with zippers that broke within one week of use and mismatched leather panels. There is a difference between "distressed" leather and unmatched leather; even for a discounted price, the quality is unacceptable for a luxury good.
The platform on the Stéphane Kelian shoe boots actually cracked at the sole within three months of wear. I have worn the same brand's boots in the past literally for years with excellent results and so I suspect the model offered on MyHabit may well have been a defective pair that the brand rejected for sale through their retail outlets.
The Ann Demeulemeester keychain was OK, just a bit disappointing in appearance.
I wrote to MyHabit customer service regarding the problems with the handbag and the shoes but because it was past the date by which I could return the merchandise, they did nothing--they didn't even offer a coupon towards future purchase. When I asked for them to contact their supplier about these problems, they replied: "Since we do not have a way to contact the vendors directly, you may want to contact the manufactures to inquire if they have any options for you" and then sent me links to the retail websites. This is NOT customer service. WARNING: MyHabit offers discounts but no service and does not stand by their merchandise; you would do better at department store sales. They claim "Our savvy Member Service team is available for those times when you need live help," but in fact they are not interested in customer retention and simply cut and paste their mission statement into their reply to customer inquiries. I will no longer shop MyHabit and encourage others who have had a bad experience to make it known until MyHabit changes their business model and offers service for the luxury products they sell.

10/25/12

Love it. Great sample sale site along the lines of Gilt and Hautelook. But the ease of Amazon ordering makes it even cooler. You have to move fast but this is true of most of these typea of sites. FIRST RATE! You can't have too many of these. I have had no trouble with shipping or products bought off the site. I feel like people posting bad reviews about sold out items or wait list items just don't know how these sites work.

10/18/12

I like this site but be patient...when event is going on...but grate site.
grate collection ...
for $20 credits of my habbits...purchase from this link..

9/25/12

I received a different color of a scarf from what I ordered. When I called the customer service, they said that the scarf is sold out and I cannot exchange for the one I ordered. All they say is that I can return and get a refund. I asked if there is anything they can do about this, and they said that they verbally apologize but they don't do anything else. I won't buy anything from them again.

9/23/12

Let me tell you the horror I went through. I am a HUGE fan of L.A.M.B. and they had a nice sale at the beginning of this month so I ordered a L.A.M.B. bag. I was told on the website that it shipped on the 3rd and I would have it on the 7th but nothing came. Finally on the 14th I called because all the website was telling me was that it shipped on the 3rd and when I tried tracking it UPS couldn't find it. So I called and the guy told me it was in between ohio and MI and that if I didn't get it within 2 days to call again. 2 days pass still no bag so I called and the lady proceeds to tell me that the package was returned and that it was undeliverable. I asked why and she didn't know why. This made me more mad. They gave me a refund but I will never order from them. They were horrid and it was the worst experience!

9/16/12

.i purchase merchandise from this site literally a couple of times a week and have done so for over a year, 32 weeks. i live far south, in the southern hemisphere, and its very expensive to return goods.

During this period ive had 1 return, which was the manufacturer rather than myhabit. designer pieces 60 - 70% off can be purchased during the change of seasons. 50% off is normal, and ive purchased items that normally would be way out of my range.

ive not had any problems with freight. i choose the standard 8 - 10 days, which has a set rate of $15. this same rate from usa to my home is usually between $50 and $100. ive never had a problem with the cart, and believe me, i chop and change 100 times in 5 minutes!

many of my purchases are for family. the childrens products and clothing are all hi end, and ive discovered some fabulous toy suppliers (round jigsaws) through myhabit.

i chose not to become a member as i dont wish to receive the free merchandise (hard to believe!) this is because it isnt necessarily my taste.

really, i have only praise for the site. im mean, there's no high philanthropic motive here, they are trying to make money, but they offer good service and excellent products in return.

6/4/12

I never do reviews but just had to. Now honestly I have gotten some very nice things from Myhabit. And I am a HUGE Amazon fan. But let me tell you Buyer Beware!!! I purchased a Gucci purse from them for $1,600. A few weeks later I was at the Gucci outlet and the same 100% exact purse was on sale for $250.

Just today I saw the exact same pair of Bally shoes I had purchased last month from them. Today on their site they were $40 cheaper. I called and asked them to refund the difference and was told absolutely not because it had been one month and five days.

I have deleted their app from all of my devices and will not shop their again.

6/3/12

I've had no problem with the kitchen gadgets or children's clothing I've purchased at MyHabit.com; however, I just had a HORRIBLE experience with some framed photos I bought. They were advertised as photos of famous people or giclees from films, each a numbered original from James Dashwood and professionally matted and framed, yadda yadda yadda. The list price was something arouond $400, but MyHabit offered them at $139. I ordered two as a Father's Day gift for my husband.
They arrived in a box that was about twice the size of the frames and with NO packing material to protect them. Each frame merely had one layer of bubble wrap around it, along with some styrofoam around the corners. The box was damaged beyond belief and the glass from one of the prints was completely shattered. The other sustained several dings to the frame. I contacted MyHabit to get replacements; however, the girl I spoke with (who did not speak English as a first language and was obviously reading from a cue card) said that MyHabit cannot replace damaged items because the sale had ended and they had no more stock. I could return them for a refund; however, I needed to completely remove all the shards of glass AND I had to get new packaging materials and ensure that no further damage was incurred. WHAT? She said she was "so sorry" that there was damage to the frames and that to make it up to me, they'd give me a 30% credit on that print. Figuring I'd be better off to go have it re-framed than to try to spend $$ shipping it back, I took the partial refund.
I took the prints to a local framer, whom we've known for years, and upon removing the frame he showed me that it was a cheap print on cheap paper run from somebody's computer...the frame was SO cheap, the glass was just regular glass, the print, which was cut crookedly/ripped along one side, and showed a laser tag bearing the date, time and computer from which it was printed was GLUED to a cheap piece of cardboard and MASKING TAPE was used to hold everything (frame, mat) in place. I could have achieved the same effect in my home by printing a picture and slapping on a Wal Mart frame for about $20.

You get what you pay for, I guess...

5/30/12

No doubt, MyHabit puts up some interesting products that one might not come across otherwise. However, be sure to know that the prices are usually not any better (in fact, sometimes higher) than what you will pay anywhere else. The greatest insult to my consumer IQ is that MyHabit often sells products at higher prices than Amazon's prices- Amazon IS MyHabit!

So don't be fooled into believing that you are being elitely invited by Amazon to participate in something that is going to make your life a better place to live. With MyHabit, it's best to window shop there, then buy somewhere else.

5/15/12

I received the notification from amazon at 10:47, PST. I entered the site at 10:53, PST (6 minutes later) and everything I tried to purchase was already sold out. (3) pair shoes, (2) pair sandals, and (4) different styles of jeans. Why bother if everything is already gone? Not just my size either, most everything was completely gone or 1-2 left in the smallest sizes...

4/28/12

I'm disappointed that i ordered 9 men's trunks, only 7 arrived. Not sure who is in the order fulfillment center but I hope this is not a reflection of typical transactions. I was offered a partial refund but this voids the fact that I was really looking forward to those trunks.

4/23/12

I love this site. They have great selections, great prices, free FAST shipping (and free returns). You get what you order quickly and if you don't like it you can send it back and don't have to pay to do so. I also like their wait list. If you like something that's sold out they will place you on the list and contact you when it's available.

4/5/12

I'm a big fan of MyHabit. I love the fact that shipping is free, and I love that i can use Amazon gift cards there. Everything I've ordered fits as it should, which is nice. I've not had to return anything yet, so i can't speak on their return policy. but their shipping is free and stuff usually gets to you really fast, unlike other daily deal sites. I'd definitely reccomend MyHabit if you're a fan of designer stuff and like the idea of saving money.

3/21/12

I have ordered a few items from them and they all were great. I have to say that one time they sent the wrong item, but when I contacted customer service, the gave me a refund and discount on further orders, and were very professional and nice. I will order from them again, because they have great discounts and actually have the things in their warehouse and you get it within 4 days.

3/14/12

I purchased twice from Myhabit. I have to admit they deliver very fast. The fist purchase was a facial cream that turned to be good. That is why I gave two stars, not one. The second purchase was a pair of Luxury Rebel leather booties. The website said they were true to size so I ordered 81/2. When they arrived I was shocked. First, it was size 8 not 81/2. Second, they wouldn't fit even my hand. They looked like a pair for a baby girl size 81/2. I know that sometimes designer shoes are smaller than they are marked but why to say that they are "true to size"? Another issue was that the upper "suede" part was totally man-made.

I didn't have a problem to print out the return shipping label. Will ship it with UPS tomorrow so I would have a tracking number and will see from there. I definitely will use the account credit on Amazon, not Myhabit.

2/28/12

EVERYTHING thats worth buying is ALREADY sold out when the sale starts. Clearly the "friends and family" of Amazon are getting special previews to the sales. And the "wait list" is a joke. Dont even bother with this site. Its a total JOKE!

2/10/12

I have ordered several times from the website.Twice I placed items in my cart and checked out only to discover the size had been changed. When I contacted customer service they only said sorry and I didn't get any of the items I wanted! I've also received the wrong items a couple of times. You would think a large company like Amazon could do better. The Amazon website gives good customer service, very disappointed in "My Habit"

2/8/12

My Daughter introduced me to the site and I've ordered a few items and yes it is hard when you click the button and find that it's sold out... but that shows me as well quite a few ppl thinking the same thing as I am.. Great Deal.. Yes always becareful when you purchase and overlook the item when you recieve it.. but I have to admit it's been a very Smooth transactions when I have ordered and the items are always top notch when I open the box.. I'm thinking the saying of sometimes you get lucky is a valid one as well.. But my husband is happy the items go fast I'll admit that now.. I get trigger happy when I see a heck of a deal.. and do a quick research myself just be patient.. I was able to finally get a great buy I had placed on waiting list 3 times.. sometimes you get Lucky.. Would continue doing business with My Habit for sure.. In fact it is my new habit..

2/8/12

I have gotten a couple of nice items on my habit.com, I will admit. But it has become obvious lately that they are allowing some people to access the sales earlier than the supposed start at 9am. When I log on exactly at 9, in many cases already half of the items say 'sold out'. It takes longer than a few seconds to complete the purchase process, so people must be getting on there earlier. When I ask customer service about this, I only get a form letter in response, saying they are sorry I couldn't buy what I want. How condescending and annoying.

Apprentice Reviewer
1/5/12

I ordered a dress and returned it 2 weeks ago and I still don't see a store credit. How could it take so long for them to receive something mailed within the US? They said it takes them 7-14 days to get returns and 2-3 days to process it. They don't do refunds so you are stuck buying something from them regardless.

Free shipping and free returns with them is not worth it.

12/8/11

I ordered a pair of shoes. Few days later. I got this email saying that the order is cancelled! This is first time I shopping at myhabit.com and it is also my first time ever get an order that is simply cancelled!

Greetings from MYHABIT.com.

We're extremely sorry to report that we will not be able to ship the following item from your order:

"Adrienne Vittadini Women's Shauna Knee-High Boot, Black, 8.5 M US"

We realize this is disappointing news to hear, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Due to the limited inventory in our sale events this may occur from time to time.

This item has been cancelled, and you WILL NOT BE CHARGED.

Please accept our apologies and thanks for being a valued customer -- we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Your order is now closed.

Thanks for shopping at MYHABIT.com. We hope to see you again soon.

==============================
Check your order and more: http://www.myhabit.com/myaccount

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that can not accept incoming e-mail. Please don't reply to this message.

11/8/11

I thought the site was great until my last two orders last week. One order came without tags and the label inside one of the pieces was worn out. They went back. Then this latest order, the tag looked like the ones you find in a vintage store. Supervisors swore up and down they only buy new from the designer and nowhere else. Well, I tracked down the proper people at the design house itself and was emphatically told that they do not sell to MyHabit, and according to the tag that was attached to the piece, it's from 2009. When I tried to get to the bottom of it, all I got was a run around between corporate in NY and corporate in Seattle. Disgraceful.

About MYHABIT
Specialties & Business Description
Flash sales site selling designer clothing, owned by Amazon.com.