US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ka5478

Pay is daily if you have $1 to claim, and you can easily transfer your earnings to your bank account. (in 3 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

kenh57
4/20/16

It isn't a scam but it doesn't make much money. According to Forbes "estimates of what workers can earn on these crowdsourced tasks range from about $1.20 to $5 an hour without any benefits. Employers treat them as independent contractors not covered by federal minimum-wage legislation".

saurabhv3
2/22/16

great app for shopping amazon.it is really good products services.

kimberlym80
1/27/16

What a joke I could not use amazon turk because of the stupid amazon payments why? Because for some reason they disabled my account because they could not confirm my information, but would they tell me what info no. How can I fix this they said you cant. end of story. Well what a waste of time now my bank info and ssn are stuck on that site and because it is disabled I cannot even delete them! Customer service was a joke dont even bother calling

kuldeepk3
1/27/16

There are any charges of this service..? and i am from india i can play it or not kindly suggest. What is the mandatory things for it.

debbiep50
1/4/16

I work on Amazon Mechanical Turk and there are many dollar amounts to be made.
It is great for small amounts at a time .
The money can go directly to your bank or Amazon account.
2 Draw backs I can see is the time it takes to get paid from some hits you do and being able to get paid through Pay Pal. That would be good if they did that.

nageshad

Regards
Nagesha D

oliviar13
8/9/15

This site has all kinds of mini tasks to earn money; data entry, transcribing, surveys, paragraph/article writing, editing, etc. IT IS NOT A SCAM, IT IS RUN BY AMAZON. You have the option to get paid to your amazon gift card balance, or to amazon payments where you can then transfer to a bank account. I REPEAT IT IS RUN BY AMAZON IT IS NOT A SCAM. Some just can't use this site depending on their location. I've been using for about 4 years and have made almost 400 dollars so far.

vassimk
8/4/15

The Amazone mechanical turk is one of the best trusted free work from home site. I am earning extra cash from this website. Not huge but always additional earning is a plus. I enjoyed working on amazone mechanical turk. Main advantage is any time we can do work. no time limit.

Trust me this site is not a spam

Vassim.

samanthas34
5/21/15

I haven't come across any problems with it. I came across mturk from a friend who uses it. I admit i was a bit skeptical at first when mturk needed my SS information (but that's only for verification so you can receive payment once you cash out) and I love it. The hits are easy and approved quite quickly.

I will continue to use mturk. Love it.

chrish88
1/12/15

Well if this email from them says anything, it screams idiocy. Here it is:

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,
We have completed our review of your Amazon Mechanical Turk Worker Account. We regret to inform you that you will not be permitted to work on Mechanical Turk.

Our account review criteria are proprietary and we cannot disclose the reason why an invitation to complete registration has been denied. If our criteria for invitation changes, you may be invited to complete registration in the future.

Thank you for your interest in Mechanical Turk.
Sincerely,
Amazon Mechanical Turk
410 Terry Avenue North
SEATTLE, WA 98109-5210 USA

What the hell about a review process is proprietary? Are you kidding? What was proprietary about it? It is because they only hire Americans now. Because of this review, a friend here in Canada who uses MTURK has cancelled her jobs so now she will use clickwork.com

rsatrams
11/1/14

mturk sucks they closed your account without warning and when you send email and ask why they close the account they do not reply I send servral email and it has been over a month and no reply because they sucks and don't want to pay for work done and have no care for the employee.

jamesg94
9/6/14

Many of the hits do not work at all and you get negative profiles for being unable to complete things that don't work, even if you return them.

ka5478
3/7/14

MTurk is a great place for people looking to make a few extra bucks in their free time, however, there are a small group of people who actually make a living there. Better paying hits open up as you rack up bigger and better numbers. Be careful to keep your acceptance rate over 90% if you want the best hits. The Turkopticon add-on is a must to weed out the bad requesters. Pay is daily if you have $1 to claim, and you can easily transfer your earnings to your bank account. The site is very secure. I've never had a problem with losing any money.

All-in-all, a good site, but not without its flaws, which is why I give it a 4. Most people give up too easily, and are not willing to learn the system or work hard enough to make it work for them. With diligence and accuracy, you can make a good amount of money there at night while you're watching t.v.

kristah5
1/19/14

I love amazon mechanical Turk on my free time In the last month I made over $100 and the task are very easy to complete you can watch tv and complete tasks at the same time

marcya1
8/12/13

Too many account info requirements! They need your driver license number and your SSN#. I would use something simpler.

rodneyl4
5/2/13

I would really like to give this site five stars. Essentially "Mechanical Turk Requesters" ask mturk.com to accomplish a set of tasks, tasks that "Mechanical Turk Workers" then accomplish. Requesters and Workers need never actually contact each other.

I think automating the relationship of people who need to get tasks done and people who want to accomplish these tasks for some kind of incentive in the fashion that "Amazon's Mechanical Turk" does this is awesome and could most likely be the future of a large portion of labor.

It disheartens me, however, that a lot of this work is antithetical to the hacker ethic in specific and putting human potential to its highest, best use in that it can not only be quite a bit tedious at times but also not compensate very well for the amount of work involved. Compounding this, instructions with some Requesters can be very vague and as you get no instantaneous feedback on your work, this can damage your ratings, restricting you from being able to take on more choice tasks, if you do a lot of tasks in a row incorrectly.

Also, I am too often left only hoping that the goals of the tasks I take on are in agreement with my own values.

jessicab13
8/13/11

I have been using this site for about 8 months now. As the previous reviewer said, the HITs pay from $.01 to $20.00 and up. Generally, the harder the task, the more money you will be paid (obviously) and the more qualified you have to be. For the HIT's that require qualification, you need to take the given test and pass it to be able to qualify. Basically, the more time you spend on here the more money you will make. One can make a good amount of money on here. Certainly not a sole income but definitely some spending money or some money to put away in savings or something. I've been paid for taking quizzes, surveys, transcribing audio, editing written assignments, and some other odd jobs. It can be fun too!

michellej2
8/30/10

I randomly stumbled across mTurk.com (Amazon Mechanical Turk) while surfing the net. I read reviews about this site, and how people can make money by completing HITs, or human intelligence tasks. It's a reliable site, and it is owned by Amazon.com themselves. People upload simple tasks others can do, for example, you can complete mini surveys, or write articles, and transcribe audio (listening an audio and writing it out into words). HITs vary from $.01-$20 & up. I've been doing HITs averaging from 4-5 bucks, and made around $130 in two weeks, which is not bad at all. This site is pretty much secure...you have the option of transfering your money into Amazon credits, or into your bank account through the Amazon website.

10 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Amazon Mechanical Turk staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question