US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Companies

140 Reviews for Modnique.com

▼ Sort by: recent

7/30/14

The company was not a scam operation.
Their parent company Bidz dragged them down with debt. The lender bank foreclosed on Bidz, which encompasses Modnique. Happened very quickly.
Initiate a charge back from your credit card company if you have an order that is not being fulfilled. As far as merchandise credit vouchers, that is a loss you can't recoup with any company that goes under.
Too bad for Modnique. Actually a good website. But this is a risk you take buying on any of these online discount fashion websites. No one knows the internal financial goings on,and they can be cut off in a New York minute.

7/29/14

I have replaced an order in this site a month ago, but there is no response, they don't ever answer the calls.
How can i get my money back?
Could anyone advise me?

Thanks,

7/29/14

I can not believe that these thieves had done this!! It happened the same to me, I had a credit of $80.00 that never could be used and they closed with the money of the people!!!

7/28/14

I'm in the same situation as all other reviews. Very frustrated at the activity of this website. This is shoddy behaviour and these people are disreputable. I hope I'm still in time to open a dispute with paypal! Horrid scammers.

7/28/14

I can't believe these guys have just cut and run! I've been having a dispute over the cost of returns and suddenly...nothing! I still have one order outstanding and a refund on returns which cost me $50 in postage!! OMG!!! How can this happen??? I've always been happy with the product and service however in the last couple of months the quality in some areas had dropped off as did the customer service. Does anyone know if ther will be any form of compensation or indeed any form of communication from these people. I'm in Australia so I doubt I'll ever see my $200 odd again...unbelievable!!

7/28/14

As a former modnique employee I'm terribly saddened by the issues these customers are experiencing. My BEST advice is to simply contact your financial institutions and issue a charge back or dispute. They should be able to assist. As for modnique, don't expect anything from them. They have shut down.

7/28/14

They owe all vendors money too.
please let us know if you decide to take legal action so we all can come together

7/27/14

I'm in the same sinking boat as so many people. I have over $500 of items orders & store credit that is owed me but how can we get refunded. From what I read in the news, Modnique doors are closed & declared bankruptcy by its owner company Blitz. How can a company just declare bankruptcy without some fore-warning. And who can we address in order to know what's going on with all of Modnique's customers or what we can do about it. Filing a lawsuit is very difficult for those living outside the US (ie: Canada, Russia, Australia, etc) so how can we seek justice?

7/27/14

CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANIES AND FILE AN UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTION ASAP. ITS THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE YOUR MONEY. YOU NEVER ORDERED FROM THIS WEBSITE.

7/27/14

Modnique is the worst website I've ever shopping on in my life! there customer service is so bad, every time i call them a voice machine answers saying there "on maintenance call back in 24 hour" i did and the same thing happened. i ordered a pair of heels and some clothes, i got 2 boxes thinking it was clothes and shoes. i opened the boxes and see 2 of the same pair of shoes. i know i ordered 1 pair. before i actually paid for my shoes i read the description, the description said that the heel was 3.5", yeah right there 5.5". the shoes also have white stains on them. i sent them an email about the shoes and they never answer, i got an email saying something like you have sent an email to modnique.com one of our workers will read and answer in 24 hours, it has been at least 5 days and no one has answered. i did not get my clothes yet and scared something it going to be wrong like "sorry these items cannot be shipped" I've heard so much reviews about that. anyway i will never shop there again! i also do not recommend any one to shop there also because even if your order comes in clean, I've read that they might be doing something illegal!

7/27/14

I have been shopping with Modnique.com for years and had no idea that they were no longer shipping to Australia, I was not notified. I have 4 orders paid for outstanding and credits being store credits due to me. I have tried everything but they don't exist. I would not have known they were no longer trading in Australia if I had not found these reviews when Googling. Does anyone have the American phone number for Modnique please?
Why do they not just fill the orders and notify people with the orders of the situation?
How did other people find out? I am simply flabbergasted really! It was the most awesome site I had shopped on.

7/27/14

I have never had a problem with Modnique. Have been buying off them for over 4 years. Placed an order on 1/7/14 i live in Australia. Saw that that site was no longer. So contacted PayPal to start dispute. If u pay with PayPal you will get your money back in 12 days from start of dispute. Never pay with anyone else but PayPal.Always got money back if i have had a problem with a company.

7/26/14

I am another customer from Australia who has several undelivered orders with Modnique . I have had no problems in the past but it looks like I have just learned a very expensive lesson. I hope that none of my friends who I recommended them to have been caught in the same situation. No more online shopping from the states for me. I am very disappointed in the way they handled this fiasco .

7/26/14

Modnique is no longer open I call them no body answere. I ordered 3 items over $300 still I didn't receive it and also they should give me a refund for $385. Modnique robbed me. Who can I complain to get back my money.

7/26/14

I am sooo...soo... disappointed to hear Modnique.com is no longer trading. I am in Australia and my experiences with shopping from Modnique has been nothing but Good if not Excellent. I have had no problems with my orders or returns at all, until the last couple of shipments which took longer than usual to arrive. It is such a shame that if bidz.com was going down why did they have to take Modnique with them?? I truly feel for the 300 odd people who lost their jobs through no fault of their own, I found the staff to be very honest, helpful and nothing was ever too much trouble for them.

7/26/14

I purchased many items no problem. Then in June, my last 2 I purchased totaling 300.00 never came and their site shut down. Emails unanswered. Phones no help. I am out my $. I filed complaint, but $ gone. Stay away!! Learn from our errors...
Sue from Ohio

7/25/14

It looks like this company is a scam They never credited my money back though I have e-mails from them that they would. May be we can open a law case against them, but I don't know how. Are there many people being robbed? Let's unite.

7/25/14

I am owed 650 worth of goods. I placed 2 orders I have brought of them for years now ...so I wonder why they had that big 40% of store wide????? It was there big plan to con us all!!!! Has any one been able to get there credit card company to reimburse them??? I am so made I am having a baby on the way and brought all my my baby things now no money out of pocket and no goods soooooo f@$& pissed off :(((

7/25/14

Modnique has shut down, i had a pending order to Australia, and even though i received an email 2 weeks ago saying item has been sent, i still have not received it, its been almost 10 days past due delivery date. and am unable to track it. Im going to go to my bank and raise a dispute and hopefully get my money back.

7/24/14

Now I that I found out that Modnique is no longer open.. Who can I complain about order not fulfilled?
I live in Australia and sent a message to Modnique and no reply.
Can anyone tell me how to get my money back ...

Thanks..

Marcia Baeza

7/24/14

i order a from modnique .com never had a problem until a few weeks ago i was suppose get my shoes next thing you no they shut down with my money and store credit

7/24/14

The website is down and Modnique is no longer in business - they took money for orders and shut down with out sending them. http://pando.com/2014/07/22/dragged-down-by-its-parent-company-bidz-modnique-ceases-operations-lays-off-300/

7/23/14

Modnique.com runs out of money and is poised to shut down. Google it. Internetretailed dot com has an article about it.

7/22/14

Oh God I bought so many items from Modnique. It always takes over a month to reach me. But i thought they are an authentic site and the products are real. After reading all these reviews I am shocked. I returned many items too since their sizes are never the same. They gave me store credit but then if their products are not good whats the use of store credit.
I have an open order too. And their site is unavailable for days now.

7/21/14

I have only had good experiances with this Company. It does take a while for some items since they are coming from Europe, but once I received them it is worth the wait. I returned 2 items that were final sale and was given a store credit. Can't ask for anything more

7/20/14

I have the exact same problem!!! I've placed two orders, over $500 worth. The orders have not shipped yet, even though they should have already been here. It's been more than a week now that their website is under construction and I cannot get them on the phone. They are not responding to emails either!!! I really don't know what to do! I hope someone has an idea!

7/19/14

I have one outstanding order with Modnique.com that I placed in early June. They website is under construction, automated voice on the telephone, and they do not reply to the emails about my order. My credit card was already charged and since I cannot get in contact with them I am not sure if I will receive my order. I have emailed BBB and they suggested to file complain but I am not sure how it works since Modnique were not accredited with BBB. They really tricked me as they had the BBB symbol on their website I have assumed that they were accredited with BBB. It never occurred to me to click on it to notice that they were not accredited with that private company. Has anyone has an idea how to go about getting my order and not being cheated out of my money? How can I go about it? Who should I contact?

7/18/14

I have 2 outstanding orders with Modinique the orders were placed in early June. Their website is under construction nobody is answering my emails or calls, my parcel is untrackable and now they've taken all the bad reviews off their Facebook because customers are starting to ask questions. Shame on you guys at least be honest with whats going on. I work hard for my money this is very disappointing.

7/18/14

I have made 15 orders and they have all gone well including when I returned items. Prices are good too.

7/8/14

The worst website to get a credit from. Especially Internationally.
Order returned May. July 9th still cannot get credit. Informed 'they are so busy that they will get around soon, to be patience'
I paid with paypal, and cannot lodge complaint because its more than 45 x days.
Do not buy from them go to Hautelook, they are much better.

7/7/14

Thanks for everyone's honest review! I was just about to spend $250+ on potential garbage and headache from ordering from this company. I'm going to be sure to tell my friends and family to avoid them.

6/26/14

Thank you all people for your reviews. I was going to buy a handbag from Modnique as they have great prices, but after reading reviews, I will be staying away from them, I think this website is a scam and work illegally.

6/24/14

Modnique sold me a FAKE/COUNTERFIET LANCASTER WATCH and advertised it as the real deal with recommended retail price and a hefty price tag of US$410 for a COUNTERFIET watch. The make is LADY CERAMIC DIAMONDS Reference : OLA0649RG/NR

The reason I say this is because I have taken it in to authorized dealer of Orginal watches etc. which are very reputable and were established in 1986. I took the watch there to get it taken in as it was too big. They had a look at it and told me that I should know that it is not an original but a mere copy. I was shocked by this as I believed that I was buying from a reputable website so I have conducted research of my own and have compared the watch I purchased against the orginal which is on the lancaster website.

I have taken screenshots of the orinigal and of the one that I recieved and sent it to their membercare team only to be ignored, it is evident the watches are not identical. The picture that really clarifies this is the one of the back of the watch where the stamp is.

I have taken a picture of the back of the watch I recieved and it is completely different. I sent pictures through to them but no response of course.

The differences are for everyone out there that will get scammed as well:

Original Stamp has:
Mineral Glass, Water resistant 5ATM, Registered Italian Design, 140 Diamonds, 1.33 Carats, Cermik Lancaster Italy CE (stamped in the middle). Ref. 0650/SS (Stamped on the side)

Fake sent to me by Modnique:
Scratch Proof, W.R 5ATM, Registered Design, 70 Diamonds, 0.59 Carats, Lancaster Italy Ref 0326 (Stamped in the middle), High tech cermic.

It is evident that the modnique watch supplied to me is a copy and has been sold to me as an original. I requested my money be refunded back to me and what you choose to do with the watch is upto you and I won't be keeping a fake.

This is a Part of the email I have sent to them a week ago but I have not yet heard any responses. It seems they just want to ignore my complaint and continue seeling fake items to other poor consyumers out there that are thinking they are buying a bargain. CLEARLY NOT A BARGAIN BUT A SCAM.

6/18/14

I bought some jewelry from modnique.com and when I received the item, it was not as advertised, the item is very cheap, and I paid a high price for it. I am now going back and forth with their company on returning this cheap piece that was advertised at a super high retail value. I will not buy from them anymore unless this is fixed

6/8/14

I have ordered a white gold ring from Modnique about 3 months ago and still haven't received.Also costumer service said that they are not able to return me my refund and gives only apologises.I'm very dissappointed I have order form this site many times but now it the last time it sure.They have done nothing after the time I have informed tem that I don't received my item they make me sure to be waiting and waiting.I m loosing my time my nerves bu thinking what can I do myself if this company so unserious and what it really has been to my lost item.THIS is the problem they don't want resolve I ordered it in February but now it is June and no good news.

6/7/14

Hi, i ordered 2 bags last january..i was on a long vacation to visit my relatives in another country so when i came back and checked my package, i was surprised the bags look very cheap and the leather is not genuine..like theyre made of carton and came from china mass produced bags...I am extremely disappointed to have paid more than 200usd for 2 bags that i can buy for maybe 20 or 50usd...i still want to return them!
order nos: 362206035 and 361520023

5/29/14

The rating as of this moment does not matter, I think the company is doing something illegal. I purchased studd in March, they send me a letter 3 weeks later that the merchandise I ordered can not be delivered, because the company ( Goddess) can not supply dresses. They wrote that they will give me $50 gift for future purchases and that they will refund my money immediately. They have not returned anything as of May 28. I called them and was told , that they can not return the money, because they have issues with refunding money to all their customers. So, I was in complete shock, I asked her if the company is solvent? She told me that I have to understand that they have problems, and my credit should help me. All the good responses are
A lie, they are given by their friends. I also was told that she does not know if I will receive any refund from them, again, because they problems.
I think we need to call Attorney General. They collected a lot of money from credit cards and do not return anything, also, I will probably cancel my card, because I do not know who else knows my number. Something is very fishy

5/29/14

HORRIBLE!! took over a month for a watch to get here! when it said a week to start with then They would keep lying and saying it was on it way but i waited and nothing...maybe they should tell the truth!!!

5/16/14

My wife and I have purchased a number of items from Modnique over the last few months. Up until recently we've been mostly happy with their service and products. Their customer service had been responsive and cancelled orders upon request quickly and without fuss.
However our view changed recently with one particular order. My wife ordered an hand bag at the end of March, which their website estimated would arrive at the end of April. OK we were prepared for that. However by May 4, the order on their website still read "waiting for vendor to deliver merchandise to Modnique" (it stills says this today May 16). Given the time that this order has taken we decided to cancel the order. On May 4th sent them an email requesting the order be cancelled. On May 5th received confirmation that the order was cancelled. Two days I checked our account online and it still says "waiting for vendor to deliver merchandise to Modnique" and no money refunded to our payment account.
Sent another email asking for this to be looked into, and was told that it could up to 5 business days for this to process. Ok after 5 business and still no change. Sent another email, this time didn't receive any response. Next day checked again. No change on the order and still no refund in our account. Send another email and again no response. Next called their customer service line and asked that the order be cancelled. Which was told that the order is cancelled.
Yesterday May 15 still no change in our account, and another email. Which this time was told that they submitted a "speed up request to our billing department" and to allow for another few days for the refund to be issued. So essentially we've been without both product and our money for almost two months!
I've lost all faith now that this will get resolved. I don't see any kind of follow up in getting this resolved!!

5/15/14

So beyond ashamed with this company. So, here goes in a nutshell. A lot of people were given a twenty dollar credit. $10 credit to purchase and $10 for free shipping. I ordered a very awesome item that I was excited to get and needless to say it was a gift. (Go Figure). After I placed my order, about a week after, I get a very unprofessional email from this company stating that they were not going to fill my order because there was a "glitch" in their system that allowed everyone to get free shipping. Ok, and that is not the consumers problem. Clearly, being an honest business owner it should be honored, regardless. Isn't that what honest business people do anyway? So, in return I emailed them stating that it should be honored. Especially with a lot of new customers coming in as well. Wouldn't that be a great way to get more business? As a result, they emailed me back stating that if I agreed to pay shipping they would process my order and if not they wouldn't. Well, I just told them to cancel my acct and my order and they did so without a problem. My guess is, they are raking in so much cash scamming people that all of consumers new and old are nothing to them now. They gladly stated they would unsubscribe me, while stating they understand my frustration. Really now? Enjoy scamming people because this is being turned over to the BBB and I'm sure there are a lot more folks that will do the same. Bad for business! Stay away from this joke.

5/14/14

I was given a $20 credit and now they want me to pay for shipping? When they said It was free. This is a bait n switch. I was going to order a few more things off there but now I will be removing myself. Beware of this site and shady business deals!!!

5/14/14

A credit is a credit shouldn't matter of you use it on a certain item or for shipping. A glitch in the system I think not. You guys just don't want to foot the bill on all them credits... probably wasn't expecting that many people to sign up. I will be removing myself from your site.

5/14/14

Was given a promo opportunity ( basically ) for $20 credit and was able to get a free necklace which I loved ( and to be fair was at a great price) for my sister . However after telling my sister about it and getting her all excited about it I now get to disappoint her because they had a glitch Modnique Customer,
> I want to welcome you to Modnique. However, over the weekend, we had a
> glitch with our system that allowed you to pay for shipping with your
> referral credit. Oops! I know this was probably a pretty exciting shopping
> discovery for you, but unfortunately we can't process your order.
> That said, the good news is that we are still happy to honor your order if
> you are willing to pay for shipping. Here's what you can do if you'd still
> like to receive your order:

So yeah I'm not paying you shipping at the price of my item for something that was the company's fault. Ill be taking my Christmas shopping else where. Maybt make sure your site is working like its supposed to before you let people purchase things I met my end of the agreement why don't you have to keep yours ? ridiculous ! also I bet ill only be credited for the $10 pre promo code that is now disabled. Also for the rep that keeps trying to do cover up on these bad reviews dont bother here you will not change my mind or the mind of my friends who will also be rating enjoy your crappy store credit.

5/14/14

Purchased an item in mid April. Inevitably was told many weeks later that the item is no longer avialble to be shipped out to me and hence, Modnique was going to offer a refund in the coming days. To this day nothing. I finally got in contact with them yesterday via live chat only to be now informed, Modnique has peoples money "tied up" (whatever that means) due to some "changes" (whatever that means) that they're in the process of going through, and thus, would be unable to refund my money....supposedly at present.

Mind you, they never chose to email me to notify me of such a thing as soon as it was the case, if it even is the case, not to mention, they're still doing business! at present! Meaning, if refunds are sought and or needed to be completed, they'll refrain from doing so, yet, have no issue taking peoples money in due time.

It's beyond ridiculous. It's beyond unprofessional..and dare I say...borderline a clear scam in the making!

5/12/14

I won't buy from Modnique.com anymore.They have 30 days refund policy.I wear XS and i ordered size 26,looks like 23.When i sent jeans back 04/22/14 and today is 05/12/14 and never got refund,after i chat 5 times with customer service they ask me to wait few more days and after few more days same stuff.My friend bought dior cream from them,it was fake 100%.I think we will write to BBB.What the point to spend money and time,if they sell fakes or low quality items.

5/9/14

I purchased a "Genuine Celine Handbag" valued at $1,500.00 on "sale" for $379.00. I knew it was a fake the minute I got it, but kept it because I wanted a yellow bag. Then the paint started coming off--yes, the "paint" as opposed to dyed. I sent it back with a return authorization and they said no refund as it's badly "worn". I had it less than 3 months. No high-end handbag wears out in 3 months. I own Prada, Tod, Coach and none of these wear out in 3 months. I'm pissed!

5/8/14

Almost ordered some jewelry until i read all the bad reviews! won't be ordering anything now..thanks girls for the warnings!

5/8/14

I spent Thousand of thousand of Dollars buying from Modnique. Recently I notice that 5 items from 3 different orders were missing. I contact one of the CARE TEAM MEMBER Gwen who lecture me about Modnqiue can not offer interest & conversion fees that I used for purchasing this damn order. They can only offer APOLOGY!!! By the way these items were paid weeks ago and NOBODY give a damn to tell me that the items are not available only after I went through my orders WHOALA ... some items are missing
To make matter worst 1 of the item is just happen to be on offer and this Care Team Member Gwen lecture me that I should purchase this item because this item apparently comes from different supplier. I do not give a damn if it came from different planet but Modnique is really care about customer that is their problem to fulfill the order. When they refund my credit card its always short due to conversion and other fees that credit card charge. Do you think they care? No ... Apparently I'm not good enough to get good services even though so far I spent $13812.53 not to mention those orders from bidz.com
Those customer service works like ROBOT with no brain and they like to think we also brainless

For those big orders not ONCE that I return the items even though some items are $#*! and below standard not to mention the size

I'm concern that this practice of refund the customers after taking the money weeks after weeks is legal, is there any government body that rules this practice because this is obviously FRAUD

Very disappointed customer!!!!

5/1/14

Horrible products (never as pictured). I have ordered 2 dresses from this site which were both defective, ill-fitting & not the quality/material described/expected. I called customer service today to complain & request that they pay my shipping to return the item. They said they'll refund the shipping that I pay, after they receive the return, which doesn't make any sense. NEVER AGAIN !!!

4/29/14

HORRIBLE Company! I ordered a dress and finally received it weeks later and the dress was see through. It took 2 months for a return to be processed and I contacted the company several times about the return. When they finally gave me my refund, they took 20% because the item was "not defective". I called to dispute this and they wouldn't let me speak with someone who had the ability to help me. I hate this company with a passion! Never order from them- they are scammers!

The Best Designer Clothing Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber