US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kristinak4

Great vintage clothes, fantastic customer service, and easy browsing. (in 32 reviews)

flynnet

She misunderstood me and just refunded the whole order to store credit. (in 7 reviews)

aliciad8

I placed an order for a dress recently and recieced my package quickly from them. (in 60 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

with4
12/19/14

Whether its shoes or a simple sweater, the customer reviews say it all. Poorly made, overpriced, ill-fitting flimsy materials. Or "once I washed it, it unraveled". Found a shirt I liked with 6 good reviews, on "sale" for $44, (cost $4 to make). Lots of polyester and rayon goin on with most of their stuff, one "description" just said IMPORTED. Sigh.
I order this shirt on Dec 2nd, it just got here the 17th! Said 4-7 business days. That was my last purchase from modcloth ripoff.

Tip for consumers: Do your research, a majority of customer reviews are negative. Save your money.

georgej23
12/16/14

ModCloth has been a very helpful company. Their goods are of HIGH quality. They commit CS reps CS STYLIST HELP, whoever u NEED. 2 YOU!! They have CHAT which I love & they respond quickly. Shipping can be slow. They say its bc they use small artisans who can only fulfill so many orders. Otherwise, they hav helped me immensely. Just make sure your signed up 4 "notification" so ull b alerted as soon as an item u wanted comes back!! Then , grab it immediately! They even say "order in 2 sizes if your not sure, we have FREE SHIPPING BOTH DIRECTIONS". And it IS trye!!

deeq2
12/16/14

Absolute worst - took 8 days to ship, missing items, some labeled "final sale" and probably won't have in time for Christmas...spent twenty minutes twice on "chat" and was promised a response - never got one. I think they'll be gone by next Christmas - super bad management and staffing.

Tip for consumers: Go elsewhere!

nicolek14
11/25/14

I contacted customer care three times about an order because I was afraid the stylish surprise would be oversold and look at that, it was. It also took them 4 business days to tell me that, when the 2nd time I contacted customer service, the woman told me my items were ALL accounted for and ready to ship--which was FALSE. I can't even begin to explain how frustrated I am because this has happened to me so many times when shopping at ModCloth. I've been a customer for over 8 years now and it's absurd that in EIGHT YEARS they still have not been able to fix the problem of overselling items. I am so furious. I don't care that I was refunded, I want to receive the items that I was confirmed to have ordered. And now I will have to wait another six months or however long for it to come back, and I'm sure this will happen then as well. On top of this entire fiasco, they send me 10% off, which is basically a slap in the face. Unidays gives me 15% off my ModCloth order every time! I won't even use the 10% because it is essentially worthless. If I buy something for $50, I get $5 off, wow. I don't want a coupon, I want the items I ordered. $5 is not nearly worth the inconvenience and annoyance I have endured with this order.

I'm getting to the point with ModCloth where it's such a frustrating experience that it's not even worth the clothes. Half the time I don't end up getting them anyway.

Tip for consumers: if it's low in quantity it's probably sold out.

ammus
11/18/14

It was my very first order frm this website. I got the Shipment notice the very next day I placed my order. And while waiting I started reading reviews from other websites including here.. When I read abt their shipment delay I was really concerned. But I got my order on time, infact I placed the order on a saturday and the clothes were delivered on Thursday.
Abt the quality, it was ok.. I feel the price I payed was huge.. Shops like Macy's may sell tht for the price I payed.. Well, the most imp thing was the size.. Even though the website said, true to size I felt the dress I bought was very large.. So I called customer service and told the same. They asked me to go for a quick exchange If I wish to buy a smaller size.. So its like they placed a new order for a size smaller and for the original dress I had to return back for a full refund. The new dress arrived this Monday which I felt was a very quick shipment, considering the fact that they did not even charge for my shipment.
I believe other bitter experiences mentioned here, are mainly coz they might not have the items ordered instock.
But, will i recommend this to others?? Probably now, mainly because I felt items are too costly.. Also people who are fit conscious should gamble here..
P:S The new dress arrived was also not that great fit for me.. And it was a size 'S'.. Cant go lower than tht. :)
Hope this helps

stephh4
11/16/14

DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! I placed my order on Tuesday evening and paid for their ASAP (overnight) shipping, which according to their information on their shipping page means that my order should have been processed on Wednesday and I should have received my order on Thursday. It is now Sunday and my order is still "pending."

I spoke to two customer service representatives via the online chat and have sent an email to customer service.

I opted for overnight shipping as I needed the dress for a party on Saturday, so I decided that overnight shipping with it arriving on Thursday should guarantee that I had it in time. When my order did not arrive as expected on Thursday, I chatted with customer service and was assured it would arrive on Friday. I decided that while this was later than I paid for, it would be fine as I would still have a dress to wear on Saturday. I checked my order status on Friday morning and it was still in "pending" status and clearly had not yet shipped. Again, I contacted customer service via live chat. This time I was told that there were "inventory issues" with my order and it was unknown when it would ship. I then requested that my order be cancelled and to be given a full refund, since it would not arrive in time and I would have to buy a different one for the party anyways. The CSR told me that they could not offer me a refund as it was outside of their ridiculous 60 minutes cancellation window and that I would just have to return my order whenever I received it. I have sent another email requesting a cancellation and full refund.

I do not recommend ordering from ModCloth to anyone. It has been nothing but a headache. I ended up having to rush to JC Penney as that is the only store near me, in order to buy a different dress for the party.

I did not rate the quality or value of products from this site as I have not received my order.

Tip for consumers: Tip: Don't order anything that you want to wear anytime soon.

donnellap
11/13/14

I love Modcloth! I have purchased over 30 dresses from Modcloth and I absolutely love their dresses. I have 3 girls and their Modcloth dresses are their favorite dresses. The dresses are absolutely beautiful--unique and made with beautiful cloth and detail. The dresses are usually lined except for some of the summer cotton dresses. I have had a few that were sized weird, such as very large on the top and they had to be returned, but my money was always refunded quickly without a hassle. I even had one dress that the color faded unevenly after washing and even though it was past the refund date, they refunded my money.

Tip for consumers: I usually order 10 dresses at a time, pick out my favorites and promptly return those I don't like or that don't fit (usually half). You can't expect everything you order online to look great on you or to fit perfect.

echow1
10/23/14

I really really wanted to give modcloth a try because they do allow these unique designers to showcase their products (most of them looked so interesting that I couldn't wait to get my hands on them) so I ordered from them several times and here is my experience:

1. It has become apparent that some of the products are definitely not worth the money. There were several products that I saw on their websites that I wanted to buy but ended up buying from somewhere else cheaper(exactly same products directly from designer or through other online platforms if you are willing to look for it).
2. I ordered 3 pairs of shoes from them. The common issue with modcloth is that the pictures must have undergone some editing because the colors are ALWAYS different. I returned two of them because of the colors. They were different enough for me to SPEND money to ship them back (I was told that I would have to pay for my shipping if I returned them). The last one I kept because I did want a pair of navy colored shoes but I regreted after wearing it for a day because for a pair of low heels it was extremely uncomfortable (definitely not a quality product of worth)
3. For international shoppers:
I moved to Canada. At this point I buy a lot of stuff online because some of the brands have no retailers in Canada. I have not experienced a lot of issues with duty (crossing the border) with stuff I've bought from other places. However with modcloth (I have no idea why) I get charged almost 30% duty.

At this point. After all my frustrations (6 purchases and 600 dollars later) I think I am going to give up on this website.

rebeccag14
10/21/14

As others have said before me, the site has some cute items that are hard to find elsewhere. I bought a sweater and read the reviews, it said it ran small so I ordered a larger than normal size. It came and was easily two sizes smaller than typical. I wanted to return the item. I was told that I would have to pay a fee to return the item, fine whatever. So I shipped it back. I waited a few days, nothing, no refund. I chat with them and she says it takes a few weeks to receive back in the warehouse then another week to process the return. Totally unacceptable, refund my money once the item has shipped back to you. Amazon has great customer service as we all know, when you say you are returning something they refund your money. They don't wait 3-4 weeks to return your money. I will never shop with ModCloth again and I suggest you don't either. There are so many other great options out there. Try StichFix, they are great!

sarahk37
10/10/14

This site is amazing. First off, the style clothing they sell is nearly impossible to find in stores you can walk in to. Second, (if you read reviews and actually look at what the product is made of in the description) you can find very nice quality clothes. Sure, they're priced very high, but it's not like you'll find those styles in stores for any cheaper. Thirdly, their customer service is wonderful! I've never had a bad experience with them (and I'm one of those ask a million times a million question shoppers). My only dislike is their processing times every other order take a while. But, that's ok with me. :)

modclothsucksp
10/4/14

I am frustrated with modcloth! Their dresses are made from flimsy cheap fabric that are not worth the usual $40-60+ dollars they go for. Also the shirt I bought in my first (and only) order from them had a defect. And when I wrote a negative review on their site expressing these opinions, they took it down.

Not worth the time or money. The dresses look so cute on their site, but having ordered from them it is a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.

flynnet
10/1/14

In the past, I had been satisfied with both the quality of products and the customer service I had received from Modcloth. It is lovely to be able to buy unique and vintage clothing which I couldn't otherwise find in shops which were not online.
This said, the last couple of times I have shopped with Modcloth, I have been quite disappointed with my experience.
I had ordered a pair of simple, cream coloured shoes from the site and once they arrived I noticed they were marked, and the soles were scuffed. Clearly not new as advertised! However, I was quite pleased with the service I had received on this occasion as the customer care team sent me a new pair free of charge, and I didn't even have to send the other pair back.
My most recent experience has seriously put doubts to the Modcloth name in my mind, at least. I jumped at the opportunity of a free shipping order to Australia, ordering big because usually it's so expensive to ship down here. Unfortunately, and not Modcloth's fault, the package has gone missing in the mail system here and it's unlikely I will receive this order. Again, not Modcloth's fault and they have launched an investigation with Australia Post. So when I contacted customer care to see what I could do from here, I asked the team member to resend the items of the order which were still in stock and refund the rest to the credit card I had used for the order. She misunderstood me and just refunded the whole order to store credit. This is not what I asked for!! So when I contacted her again, she told me there was nothing she could do and I'd just have to use the store credit.
Know the package going missing wasn't their fault, but the customer service team could be a bit more attentive to what is being asked of them.
Having been dissatisfied with Modcloth on two occasions now, rethinking investing there any time soon. Shame though, the clothes are really quirky and unique. But in the end, probably better to shop where you know the service staff can actually help you and the items are new.

susanb61
9/28/14

I have several pieces from ModCloth - I love the quality and style of all their designs and ordering and payment was sleek and smooth. Unfortunately, my Bank here in Malaysia has experienced a lot of Credit Card fraud with this Company and they have now blocked all transactions with ModCloth. I now need to get special authority each time I wish to make a purchase. This has certainly taken the fun out of online shopping for me. However, I will still follow this Company and their lovely selection of styles and dresses. The dresses are totally worth the hassle - it's just not as easy as it was before….

louiset21
9/25/14

My shopping experience with this company was totally negative! This company is a total waste of time.
Clothing sizes are inconsistent and I had to return all my dresses. They may look cute on the site but they just don't fit properly and the fabrics look cheap in real life.

Also, it is obvious ModCloth does not value their international customers and their return policies for those ordering from without the US are much harsher than US ones. No exchanges for international customer too, sorry.

No more business from me!

kristinak4
9/15/14

I love ModCloth! Great vintage clothes, fantastic customer service, and easy browsing. My one wish is that their dresses were designed to nip in at the waist and come to a little above knee-length; the proportions of the dress often make it look like dresses are cut like this, but they're actually mostly empire waisted mini-skirts. Still, there are some great dresses in there, and the search is fun!

rayvenl
9/11/14

I live in Canada and have ordered from ModCloth a few times in the past (just 1 or 2 items per order) and this time thought I’d just do one big order to save on shipping costs, but I think I ended up paying more in total. When the payment actually went through on paypal I was charged $20 more than expected because of the currency exchange rate. This is not advertised blatantly at all on their website. Then I finally received the package today after 3 weeks and I have to pay another $30 in customs fees. Ridiculous. That’s $50 extra. Including shipping costs $70. And to return everything I would not be refunded for the $20 and I would have to pay for return shipping, likely another $20, so it’s not even worth it to return. I emailed them 8 days ago to complain and still haven’t received a response.

EDIT: I just chatted with a ModCloth representative and they are willing to refund the shipping costs. I am a lot more satisfied with their customer service and I am bringing up the rating to 4 stars. It is important to be aware of shipping costs and customs costs for next time.

kaylas11
8/30/14

I bought a book and a purse from Modcloth and love them both! They're both good quality and I get a ton of compliments on the purse. Yes it's a little overpriced, but I'm still happy with what I bought.

Tip for consumers: Follow what the reviews say. If people aren't happy with it, chances are you won't be. If you're getting something without reviews, be cautious.

dariad
8/27/14

For a long time I'd look on their website but I wouldn't buy anything because some of the things that are cute are unreasonably expensive. It's not like they sell high qality stuff there, I see same clothes at other stores for way less.
Finally I decided to buy some wall "art". At the same exact day I bought a painting from urbanoutfitters.com, which I received within 3 days. My modcloth order was being "processed" for over two weeks. When I finally got annoyed with them I messaged asking if I could cancel and I was told no I'm too late for that. When I asked about returns the person who works at modcloth told me she'd send me pre-paid return postage. Well I got my stuff after a month, no return postage included. The "art" was tiny and cheap looking. I immediately deleted their app and told everyone I thought would shop there, not to.

rainav
8/21/14

Cute clothes crappy site!! Don't get sucked in ladies!!

If I could give a negative star I would!! I had ordered a few dresses from ModCloth in hopes of wearing one to an upcoming wedding. It wasn't until I contacted them that they told me that they were restructuring of their shipping facility that they will not be able to ship my order in time. There was no notice of this at the time of my order and it should have arrived by now if normal. Then when it finally DID arrive it was HALF A DRESS!! The entire top was missing...and this isn't a two piece, either! Ladies be very careful of ordering from ModCloth and they just lost a customer!

Tip for consumers: AVOID IT!

ss107
8/20/14

Love this site!! Easy returns, and if you agree to store credit they tack on an extra $5 to your account. They encourage people to review items and as long as you read the reviews you can stay away from the few things they sell that are not up to par...

isabelzm
8/14/14

This is the first time i buy from this site, i bought a swimwear and i love love it, it arrived with in 3 days, the colors is exactly the same as in the photo, and the cut is flattering, surely i will buy from them again.

Tip for consumers: Love It!

kristenm12
8/12/14

First off, everything on there site is pretty much out of stock. This is really annoying.

Second I placed my order on 8/5 and I have not received my items yet, or any shipping updates. I go to their help section of their site and I see a notice they are delayed DAYS in shipping because they are changing their system. Um thanks for the notice.... and they said a 6 day delay, it's day 7 and they still have not processed my order. I will NOT be ordering from them again.

jenniferh60
8/11/14

If I could give a negative star I would!! I had ordered a few dresses from ModCloth in hopes of wearing one to an upcoming Awards Ceremony. I just got a notice that due to restructuring of their shipping facility that they will not be able to ship my order in time. There was no notice of this at the time of my order and it should have arrive by now if normal. Ladies be very careful of ordering from ModCloth and they just lost a customer!

cr1447
8/6/14

I recently ordered 5 dresses during their big clearance sale. BIG mistake since I can't return the clearance items. All of the items are very cheaply made and would barely be worth the 70% off prices.. if any of them fit. I ordered everything in the smallest sizes they carry. I'm 5'4" 32B bra, 25" waist, and 35" hips roughly. I checked the sizing chart they provide for each item and according to it all of the items should have fit. Wrong. Only one dress was not too large and it was XXS which is not even on their chart. The busts in all of the dresses were large (I would say you'd need to be a full C or D to flatter) which is not very consistent with a size 0 or XS. The waists were also consistently 2 inches too big or more. 1 in 5 success rate is kind of a bust when the styles I bought usually flatter my frame when ordered from other sites.

beths28
8/1/14

Don't get sucked into this site! Cute clothes of incredibly poor quality, but the worst is the customer service. They say they will return things, but they make it a hassle, delay things, and then only give you store credit that they won't let you use without a million restrictions. Horrible. I have ordered twice and thought the first order was a fluke, but now I am embroiled in yet another battle with modcloth. Stay away!

maggies10
7/23/14

Cute clothes online; some of the outfits are ridiculously pricey, but if you shop around enough on the site, there are a few gems. The shipping experience for me is extremely poor so far. I ordered a dress and shoes, and opted to pay more for faster delivery. I believe it was 4 business days. My order was placed in the morning on the 16th. The shipping confirmation was sent to my email on the 19th stating that the order has shipped for delivery, when in actuality, FedEx didn't even pick it up from their facility until the 21st. Once FedEx had everything in transit, it only took 2 days to arrive in my area. Here it is on the 23rd, and according to tracking, it should arrive today. It took three days for them to even process my order and have it READY to be shipped, were very misleading about when it shipped (waited three more days after parcel was ready for shipment for a FedEx pickup instead of...I don't know...taking it to the shipping center??). So in the time it took them to ready my parcel and wait for someone to pick it up, the extra $$ I paid for express shipping were for naught. I will vouch for FedEx delivery any day, as once they picked up my package, it was quite a quick transit to my area, but ModCloth wasting 6 days to even begin the shipping process is pretty lame. I order online from other retailers quite frequently, and do not run into these issues elsewhere.
I should have read the reviews first, because it seems more people have run into problems than not. I cannot attest to the quality of the items just yet, as I haven't even received them.

I also live in Southern Texas.
And to the reviewer calling out others based on their experiences, it sounds a lot like you WORK for ModCloth, and are trying to discredit the bad reviews here.
Final opinion: For me, the shipping is lackluster, waste of money to choose faster shipping options. I wouldn't outwardly tell anyone to stay away just yet, but I wouldn't exactly reccommend, and I would warn them not to waste money because their shipping is lame.

jennye6
7/21/14

Back in 2013, I placed two orders from ModCloth. Each was processed within 24 hours, and while the quality of the items can be said to be totally lacking, they weren't egregiously expensive. Thus, I wasn't totally turned off and thought it was simply an imperfect major retailer.

In less than one year, everything has worsened in three key ways.

(1) It now takes 3-4 days to even process my order. Then, once processed, it takes 2 days for shipping information to be sent to FedEx (using the not-so "savvy" shipping service). From then it takes 4-9 days to arrive at my home. My items always originate from their Ohio center...strange.

(2) Pricing has increased, and the noticeable mark-ups from vendor pricing on other sites is insulting. Furthermore, quality has somehow decreased in a year! A skirt I bought in 2013 has lasted a year before faltering structurally (and is still usable). A skirt I purchased two weeks ago is very cute, but is already structurally damaged despite washing it per the instructions (I am deciding whether to make alterations to it). I had no desire to return or complain due to reason number (3).

(3) Customer service seems to no longer be a ModCloth priority (if it ever was). Just read the reviews and you will note how the reputation has declined. Returns are no longer free, exchanges are now known to be shady, and there is no compensation for items decreasing in price after a purchase. Yet free returns, fast exchanges, and compensation for price changes are frankly very commonsense business practices. And at this stage, ModCloth is no longer a quirky, small retailer. With revenues in the millions, and notoriety stemming from their approach, they are in the big leagues. Unfortunately, they cannot seem to play like it. What they have learned is to politely claim that they hear your concerns and that all is okay. But you cannot just talk away these issues.

The Take-Away: All in all, I wouldn't purchase from this store. It will take you ions to receive your item, which will most likely be of poor quality (despite being cute), and it will then take ions to return your item (at your own cost). Wait to buy from them until they understand how to operate professionally and promptly, or allow them to spiral into the abyss and spend your money elsewhere.

krist807
7/18/14

I've ordered a few items from ModCloth over the past year and am very disappointed that they got rid of the free return shipping WITHOUT notifying members! They didn't send out an email or even let customers know about this "update" on their website. So now there are shoppers who are thinking they can return an item, but now can't unless they pay $5.99. I used to love this site, but now I won't shop here again. Shame, too, because there were quite a few other items I was going to order.

debg3
7/1/14

The products look cute in pictures but are incredibly poorly made. I mean REALLY poorly made! Customer service representative was unhelpful, sarcastic. I have shopped online for 15 years and have never been as unsatisfied with an experience as I am with ModCloth. I would never use them again, and will never recommend them to anyone.

caitlins2
6/14/14

I really can't fathom how this site has so many good reviews.... you pay $100 for a pair of shoes or a purse that's not leather made out of some disgusting material that smells like plastic, I have ordered 12 different things from shoes, dresses, bags, swimsuits, bras, everything I have ordered has been disappointing except one bra. It takes 2 weeks for anything I order to get here and literally A MONTH to be refunded. Their "details" lie one of my swimsuits said lightly padded, um there wasn't even cups in it like a normal swimsuit it as so cheap and flimsy! Their customer service is absolutely wretched and I am a customer service supervisor. Once I had a $25 off of total order coupon and all swimsuits were on sale %20, note, ALL, and the one I wanted for some reason was the only one not showing up on sale. They offered to give me a %20 off coupon. I said "No, then I cant use my $25 off the swimsuit is supposed to be on sale. Cant you just refund me $13 I would be saving?" They told me they would put in a request about it and were so incredibly rude about it! Your clothes are outrageous already people come on now! I have had nothing but problems with this website.

lynettew3
6/13/14

LOVE their swimwear! And the customer service is excellent! I ordered 2 swimsuits and they arrived right on time. The colors are dazzling and the cut is flattering. However, they were too large.

I still wanted the suits, but they only had 1 of them in a smaller size. The return/ exchange process was very smooth. It had options for each item, allowing me to get a store credit +$5 for one and exchange for the other. After that, though, the suit that was unavailable was restocked. So I chatted with them and got my store credit changed to a refund so that I could order the last of my size before someone else did.

THEN I saw that there was a 20% sale happening. Although I had already placed an exchange request, I chatted with someone and she changed my exchange to a refund so that I could order the right size at the new lower price!!

Even for someone as picky as I am, they were great and exceeded all reasonable expectations. Fast responses, high quality swimwear, and very easy returns/ exchanges. Love it! I'll definitely be ordering from them again!

stefanig
6/12/14

I've bought from this sight a lot in the past and I haven't had any problems whats so ever. The quality was always good and their arrival time is great. I get my package about 5 to 3 days from it being bought. I will always go back to this sight. Their customer service is so sweet and helpful. Their prices are high but I never minded that.
For reference I live in southern Texas. Just in case that helps anyone.

melanieb14
6/6/14

DO NOT BUY FROM MODCLOTH! I've ordered from them multiple times and up until now have not seemed to learn my lesson. You cannot cancel an order unless it is within a 60 MINUTE time frame. That's right, one whole hour! The order hadn't even been processed yet and was still "pending" a few hours later when I tried to cancel my order, and they claimed it was impossible. So I waited (a long time) for my package to come just so I could send it back for a full refund. WHICH I was told could take anywhere from 4-8 weeks to process. Meaning that my money with modcloth would be tied up for at least a month, maybe two! Not to mention, I returned my order because I found the item I wanted (which was out of stock on modcloth) on the website of the actual manufacturer. Which leaves me with the question, why are we ordering things from modcloth when we can usually get the item directly from the producer of the product for a CHEAPER price. Lastly I will state that the quality of the items I get from modcloth are typically very poor and highly overpriced. They tend to forget to mention when a dress doesn't have a lining and therefore is completely see-through. They also don't mention that the buttons are sewed on so poorly that an 80 dollar dress will only have it's original buttons for a few wears (if that). DO NOT BUY!!!

samanthag11
5/30/14

Not only are the clothes subpar but the company policies are archaic. I had to beg and plead for my refund on a very poorly made dress. They rest their laurels on being "independent" and "unique," which translates to an excuse for selling poor quality goods with little chance to return items upon your realization that you can get far better service and merchandise from any other vendor on the planet.

lilianm14
5/9/14

Canadians beware!
Most products will cost you extra duties and shipping upon delivery Calculate 18% duties + 15% tax +10$ to be payed upon delivery if you choose regular shipping. This is on top of the american shipping you paid at checkout.
That being said, the products i received were very nice and came in good shape. I recommend this if you don't mind paying a lot of extra fees.

patriciad21
4/30/14

I love mod cloth for thier exclusive pieces and smart eye for fashion. The prices are already great and now they having a 20% off summer sale - love it! They have free shipping on orders over $50 and free returns and exchanges. This site is awesome!

kellie35
4/25/14

Their return policy is AWFUL!. It took 10 days to get the product. AND THEN with their " free return shipping" it takes ANOTHER 14 days to get back to them. OH! and there is no mail on sundays. So if you can do the math, that is a total of 26 days in transport. So their " 30 day return policy" is a truly a 4 day return policy. And their customer service department does NOTHING to help with this except keep restating a policy that is clearly written incorrectly. I WILL NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN!

lisr
4/24/14

I don't understand the poor reviews. I recenlty placed my 5th order from Modcloth and I am very satisfied with my purchases. I can't comment on customer service because I haven't had an issue.
And what's with the low rating from someone who hasn't even ordered from them?

rosiem1
3/29/14

ModCloth is great when you first discover it. They have a huge selection of clothing and accessories and almost everything looks really cute.

Then you start ordering. I'm basing my review on MULTIPLE transactions and not just one purchase. It's important to really look at images online to get an idea of what fabric is like. Colors online are often misleading and very different in person. Most of the items are quite overpriced, especially when the item arrives and the fabric is disappointingly cheap. I have no problem paying more for a dress if the quality is better.

I've also been burned in the sense that after ordering an item, I did some research into the brand and was able to discover it cheaper at another retailer. Since then, I've always tried to find an item I want cheaper at another site and most of the time I do. (Sometimes the mark-up can be as much as $20).

It's not all bad though. I've gotten a few dresses that I was very happy with, but they were all pretty pricey. There's pretty much no one website where you can find this great selection of vintage and vintage-inspired styles. I think the great thing about Mod is that they have things for many price-points.

As another side note, I ordered many items with the free "savvy saver" shipping and shipping took about a week. I then ordered another item with the $8.00 standard ground shipping and that package arrived literally one day earlier. It's not worth it at all to pay for shipping if you're not in a rush.

Customer service has always been a breeze and I've never had a problem returning anything. Returns are always prompt and they don't take a long time to return funds to your account. It usually only takes 2-3 days after they receive it. I called customer service once and the CSR was really nice and helpful.

I don't want to completely discourage people from shopping with ModCloth because I've found a couple really great dresses, but you need to be smart about it and do research to avoid big disappointments.

sopem
3/9/14

TERRIBLE customer service! Ordered $400 worth of items for delivery to Texas only to check my order about 11 working days after dispatch and see its status changed to returned with absolutely no notification from them! Tried online chats, emails, etc to get a refund and they keep telling me I have to call them to get a refund as I have to pass security screening! COMPLETELY unhelpful and I will not be shopping there again once I manage to pry my hard earned money out of their grubby paws!

susanc56
2/20/14

The site looked interesting at first and I was sorely tempted to get a couple hard to find styles, but when you look closely everything looks so cheaply made online, I can only imagine how bad it is in person. It's a shame they are throw away clothes.

coreyd16
2/6/14

I love modcloth. The choices are wonderful, unique and everything I've ordered has been true to size. I also love the way their site works, and the iPhone app. Basically, since discovering ModCloth I've purchased items from them once a month. I can't help it! Easy and awesome.

megans16
1/14/14

This website is fantastic! I've ordered from them a dozen times, and I've had nothing but great experiences. Their return policy is unparalleled. I once ordered a dress, but once it got to me I tried it on and realized that it did not flatter me at all, and I was able to get a full refund with return postage paid, just because it didn't look good on me! And it was a sale item as well. I've never seen another site with such comprehensive returns. My sister was once sent the wrong item, and the company not only let her keep the item they sent her, they overnighted the right item to her at no cost. The customer service is great. I once had to change an address on a package and they worked it out with the shipping company for me while to package was in transit. I would recommend this website to anyone.

kayh16
1/13/14

I have had only positive experiences with ModCloth! Sure, I've ordered a few things that needed to be returned for quality or fit, but most of the items I have ordered are quite unique and well-made! Besides that, the service at ModCloth is exceptional! My items always come packaged so neatly, which really does make ya feel good when you receive something in the mail - and I have found that their personal clothing brand - Bea and Dot - to have really cute and high-quality items. It is a fun place to shop with a variety of styles and prices. My favorite purchase has been an Eva Franco dress that was 70% off!

kelseym2
1/6/14

One of the best online shopping sites for women's clothing. I have recommended Modcloth to many friends who have become regular shoppers. Everything always fits well (read other customer reviews of individual products to ensure best fit). Always ships quickly and in a super cute box (such a nice little touch!)

se3236
1/4/14

I'm addicted to Modcloth. Browsing their catalog just makes me feel so calm and happy. I feel like there's something for everyone there--some of the things they stock are SO CUTE and you can't really find them anywhere else. The downside is that they're pricey, especially for the sometimes iffy quality of their clothes, so I don't usually buy anything unless it's on sale. Also the colors in their photos aren't always accurate. But the site is perfectly designed to get you hooked! If I really want to treat myself, this is where I go to shop!

heathera9
1/3/14

I ordered $300 worth of clothes. I thought for what I was paying... sweaters $50-$80 that the items would be of good quality like Urban Outfitters. I was wrong... I sent all but two items back because of the poor quality of the material and nothing seemed to be what it looked like online. Essentially, you are paying three times the amount for the same quality item you could find at Forever21.

herlind
12/28/13

I recently bought a couple of dresses from the Modcloth website and must admit, I absolutely love it..

lisab75
12/17/13

The first time i placed an order it took less than 2 weeks to arrive. Unfortunately this was not the case for the second order. The website says a maximum of 21 business days. Its been over that and was told today that " if it doesn't arrive in 30 business days, we can look at options" I will not be using this site again.

patrickb60
12/9/13

Horrible!!! Paid for 2 day shipping its been 9. No refund. You all are a bunch of f@#$&*! Bogus hipsters. I hope to see you fail miserably. Lost my business for sure.