US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

benitag4

So, I am good with the customer service side, and happy as a clam with my gorgeous wardrobe! (in 48 reviews)

flynnet

She misunderstood me and just refunded the whole order to store credit. (in 10 reviews)

aliciad8

I placed an order for a dress recently and recieced my package quickly from them. (in 91 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

julies91
1/23/16

I recently cleaned out my closet, and realized that the pieces I was most likely to keep were many that I bought from Modcloth over the years. The site is great because they have so many pictures of the clothing being modeled by their customers, so it's easier to tell if it's really the garment you love, or just the photo styling.

Secondly, they carry many independent lines, so if you pay attention to the maker of a piece you like, you can often find similar pieces by them again. I found a couple of blazers and dress shapes that I love, and by checking back periodically, I've been able to buy multiples of those over time, in a variety of colors, that work really well for me.

Also, I appreciate that they show separate images of their plus size (or "extended size") garments in the photo selection. We don't have to look at a single image and try to guess how a pattern or design will scale up from the small size depicted: Modcloth will show you directly.

So I look at it as much as a style resource as a clothing shop. It's one of the best sites for functional online clothes shopping, in my opinion. (And though some of their prices are steep, they have a great sale section, and will notify you if something you love goes on sale.)

ag744
1/22/16

I ordered an item from ModCloth and it was my 1st experience buying through this website. Unfortunately I did not like the item that I ordered but I did not want to be discouraged from giving the company another try by returning the item and ordering an alternative. After a week I called to find out what the status of my return was, and instead of getting someone that was helpful and professional, I got someone that was abrupt and keen to cut me off in mid sentence. What made it even scarier was that this person that represented ModCloth was a supervisor (Sam S.)...I'm not happy with my 1st and hopefully last experience with ModCloth and their customer support line. I am a veteran of the Service Industry and sadly this is a perfect senario of losing a new and what would have been a loyal customer.

birgitp
1/18/16

I have bought from Modcloth several times, and have had really good luck ordering clothes. The customer reviews are extremely helpful in knowing if an item runs large or small, and I like the ability for customers to upload photos of themselves in the outfit, so I can see what those clothes look like on real life women instead of models. I haven't had to return anything yet, so I have no experience as far as their customer service is concerned.

beccr
1/13/16

This company has a ninety day window for returns. I was unable to print out the mailing label and then Christmas hit. This company wasn't willing to work with me at all because after ninety days you are screwed. Now..... I'm stuck with a pair of boots I cannot wear. Buyer beware these guys are not willing to work with customers.

noty2
1/13/16

All of the models are size 2. How can I know what the clothes might look like if the business doesn't represent plus size clothes accurately in any way? Sell size 2 clothes with the size 2 models and leave the fabulous, amazing plus size clothing sales to the professionals who know what they're doing.

makenzij
1/10/16

I love this company! I have been ordering clothes and shoes from them for years and have always had a good experience. The packages always ship fast and I get so many compliments on my clothes. They are a little pricey but have good sales. Plus, their clothes live up to expectation and are usually worth the price. Another good thing is thier customer service. I never dread having to call them with returns or questions because I always have a good experience. The people are genuinely nice a very helpful. They even let me return something that was final sale because it didn't fit and I was a loyal customer.
Modcloth has been and will be my go to online store! I love them!

claires43
12/27/15

Unfortunately one of my items was broken when received, but when I contacted ModCloth, I was blown away about how kind everyone was. Despite my product having a malfunction, the customer service blew me away, hence my review. I will continue to be a customer for this reason. Thank you., ModCloth.

amberm54
12/27/15

I had ordered a small ring holder and when it was delivered someone had stolen it right out of the box. I called and they qere very helpful and immediately shipped a new one and it got to me in 2 days.

arethas1
12/27/15

I have ordered from Modcloth twice and I am very happy with my purchases so far. I have not had to return anything yet, so I can't comment on their return policy. I am satisfied with the quality of the clothes and I've received compliments on them more than once. I highly recommend this site.

emilyr42
12/23/15

Super disappointed in my first (and most likely only) experience with Modcloth. I came to the site to order a few small gifts, as they were offering free shipping with a guaranteed arrival before Christmas. I get an email several days later, saying one of the items I had chosen was no longer available, leaving me very little time to come up with another option. Supposedly, the remaining item is on its way, but clearly not getting here in time to give as a xmas present. Feeling like I made a poor decision in choosing them for my gift list this year :(

marinad4
12/21/15

For my first modcloth order I ordered a 40 dollar sweatshirt and 70 dollar sweater. When they arrived the sweatshirt was slightly see-thru and way too short (for a very short waisted person) I can't imagine what someone with a long torso would do. That one was not soft or warm, wasn't sewn too well (the neckline was uneven) and seemed like the quality you would get at a much cheaper place like forever 21. The sweater was ill fitting and weird, though it was soft it didn't seem durable or worth 70! I've purchased nice durable cotton sweaters at the gap that were less $$. So I returned them, dropped off the return package Dec 3rd, it was the 10th before thier agent picked it up, and it has been in transit for weeks! It is now the 21st and it is still marked as "in transit" Is someone walking it there? Do they use the cheapest shipping service there is?

lauriem41
12/16/15

I still have not received an order I placed on Nov.29. and it is now Dec. 16. I can't review the merchandise as yet. Hopefully, that will be more positive.

sabas4
12/13/15

I ordered two dresses, a jacket, and a few necklaces after checking their return policy which stated free returns. It took almost two weeks to arrive.

Only one dress fit, but did not look good on me. The jacket and the other dress were strangely designed and did not fit. The most shocking were the necklaces, they were tiny and looked more like little girls' cheap jewelry. Given their size, materials, and design they were extremely overpriced. I am returning them all (except one necklace that was a final sale, $6. I will give it to my little daughter, but what a waste!). As it turns out, I do have to pay for shipping so this adventure cost my a total of $12. NEVER AGAIN!

margaretf25
12/11/15

This is a reliable company, prices are very good, but not the cheapest on the net, but you get what you paid for. Good Quality and workmanship. If you see something you like, order it right away as most of the clothing and accessories sell out QUICK. You shipment comes in a cool box, nicely wrapped. When you open it what a happy sight, exactly as shown on the web, I have had so many compliments on the dresses I bought with people asking me "I hope you don't mind me asking, but where did you get that dress, I love it". So Cheers to you ModCloth for making online shopping a happy experience.

sonyaa4
12/8/15

my daughter & i have ordered several items from MC w/absolutely NO issues w/returns or refunds.

who are these people writing these poor reviews??? could it be their competition? if not, give MC another try. i think you'll be completely satisfied.

chocod1
12/7/15

First, I wished I thought to read some reviews first. I found the store and loved the clothes, and bought a huge order.

There was a problem with the shipping (they told me that customers regularly have to confirm their order with UPS, but have no space on their order form for a phone number so this is just a trap they like to use) and by the time I contacted their customer "care" (5 days after receiving an email) they said there was nothing they could do, and would be happy to refund my order.

I was happy to pay shipping costs again to at least have my items, but they said they couldn't process that. I wasn't even allowed to place the same order again because the items weren't in stock. The hell? You have THOSE EXACT ITEMS ALREADY PACKED UP AND READY TO GO. They've already been returned to the warehouse, I already confirmed with UPS you pricks.

Then I get my refund, but shipping costs (+extra) are deducted from the refund.

Contacted their customer care on several occasions to see if things could be made right, but all I got were a bunch of jerks who end their emails with smiley faces like it makes them a better business.

NOT RECOMMENDED.

vivianc32
11/24/15

This site has some great retro/vintage style dresses. Unfortunately, they have a restrictive return policy. After 90 days you can't even get store credit. Most sites are much more open.

benitag4
11/20/15

For some reason, the dress is just not happening in the mall. I never see cute, vintage, well-fitting dresses in my size that don't cost an arm and a leg. The stuff out there is just bleh. Then, somehow, doing a search online for "vintage, plus sized" I came across ModCloth and BOOM! Revelation! I am no longer frumpy, bumpy, boyish, ill-fitted and colorless. My new mojo image is feminine but strong, witty, bright, fun, curvy and sassy! People say "I want to raid your closet". The funny thing is that even my regular wardrobe looks fresh now that I have these awesome ModCloth go-to dresses. I would say there is not a day that goes by without a compliment. And, heck, that's nice. Absolutely everything I have bought (4 cardis and about 22 dresses) fits perfectly, launders well and looks amazing!
ModCloth even sent me a coupon code to use on a future purchase because I hit buy a little too quickly one time before entering a discount code. So, I am good with the customer service side, and happy as a clam with my gorgeous wardrobe! Opening a ModCloth box is just too wonderful. If folks are scared about buying online, please don't be! Read the measurements carefully, and the other customer reviews, understand the material and care required, and, don't buy before you double check the order.
I suppose if you don't know what looks good on you, you are better off at the mall. But, if you want to save money and time and have something not every teenager is buying at Target, shop ModCloth. You sassy gal, you!

victoriac32
11/13/15

I had a coat in my cart, $204.00, and was waiting for a sale. I found out on Tuesday from my daughter that she got an Email that coats were on sale on Monday for 15%. I never got the email about the sale but kept getting emails to hurry and buy the coat because I left something in the cart. The next day I got one about shoes being on sale, they were running weekly special each day. I communicated back and forth with customers service and asked if they would honor the sale even though it was Tues. They offered what they thought was a generous 10%. I said you mean to tell me you cannot honor the 15% for one day. Every excuse, the answer was no. He gave me a coupon code for 10%. On Wed. I ordered the coat as a present, mainly because it was the last one with the wonderful gift of 10%. Now today the I got an email offered 20%. Ya I called back an got this sweet as sugar girl on the phone that would not make the adjustment. I asked for a manager and sugar said well good luck hope she can help. I was put on hold for a long time so sugar could tell the manager the story. The manager comes on to act like she knows nothing about the situation but as we spoke I know she had it relayed to her. I asked if she could give me credit in my account for when I buy something else, the answer was....you can give two discounts on the same purchase. She said I could send the coat back, of course I have to pay shipping and they I would have to order another one today at the 20% off. Okay how is that saving anything. Would you not think if they gave me a credit in my account, that I would buy something else and spend more money. You can call any store and they would be happy to help their customers, Travel Smith, Penney's, Macys. NOT MODCLOTH

Tip for consumers: Most of the clothes are nice that my daughter or myself ordered are nice but the service is bad.

meld11
10/15/15

I bought 9 items from this place in April. Four of them have holes. Horrible quality for over priced clothes.

janem64
10/10/15

Love this site. It's hard to find fair trade-made in USA clothing and ModCloth has a seperate section for all clothes made in USA. My items were reasonably priced, shipped very fast, and I have been very pleased with my cool and unique items. Have ordered from them a handful of times and plan on going back.

lanab3
10/2/15

In a nutshell, I <3 modcloth! I regularly buy my clothes from this site. I recently bought a dress that did not fit. I returned it and 4 months later hadn't been refunded. Turns out modcloth didn't get the package either so maybe fedex lost it. Anyway, the rep I spoke with was understanding and kind, and refunded me anyway (maybe I lost a few bucks in the return process, but hey). Good customer service and awesome clothing. I highly recommend.

laurena14
9/26/15

I spent a week with a customer support rep telling me lies!!!!!! Your company is only as good as the people who work there. Putting a smiley face at the end of every sentence does not equal good customer service. Don't bother.

tigerg1
9/10/15

Their clothes are adorable but beware: if you need to return something it takes FOREVER.

rachell98
9/3/15

I'm completely disappointed with Modcloth lately. Sometimes when a person contacts a rep about a problem, they would like to feel like they are being heard. BUT, lately, I am not being heard. No "I'm sorry, that sucks." OR "I completely understand, I would be frustrated too." An apology or a bit of empathy would go a LONG way, Modcloth.

annar68
9/2/15

I've shopped and returned items to ModCloth before and now they claim to have free exchanges and returns, but read the small print ... they charge a shipping fee for returns ... why bother shopping online if you have to pay to return an item, just go to a store ...

cathyr20
8/31/15

Their customer service is excellent. Fast, helpful, friendly, human.

maddyg2
8/10/15

I love this site! The clothing actually fits nicely, and it isn't aimed towards the stick population. (even tho I guess I qualify as a stick lol) Everything is so cute and flattering. I know they have a ton of retro styled clothing, but I have found SO many cute things on there that are modern and fresh.
And it's not just their clothing, shoes, accessories, etc.. IT'S THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE! It is by far, THE BEST customer service I've ever gotten. I really respect ModCloth for allowing customers to review their items and share opinions. This really helps decide what to buy. I ordered a pair of sandals with a bunch of jewels on them and the jewels fall off.. I reviewed them and got 25% of the price of the shoes back on my credit card and 20% off my next purchase!! They really value customer feedback which makes the customer feel valued and that their money hasn't gone to waste.

Love ModCloth forever <3

caryd6
8/3/15

I have not received a dress I bought almost two weeks ago. And it has just been sent from Modcloth to FedEx. Which will then get transferred to USPS. There is no way I will get my dress by Thurs, which is when I need it by. Ordering over tow weeks in advance should be more than enough time to receive an order. The story given by Modcloth is they were in the middle of a software update. They have done nothing to offer a faster shipping method or a refund so I could buy a dress elsewhere. So now I'll have no new dress for my trip. So long, Modcloth.

staceyd19
7/31/15

I won't be ordering from them again. Took them over a week and a half to ship my order and wouldn't let me cancel my order either when it was their fault my package wouldn't be arriving before I had to move back to school. Still don't know what I'm doing about that. Poor customer service with problem solving, like maybe change my address since you haven't even shipped it after almost 2 weeks? Nope no help.

hale68
7/30/15

Highly recommended. I've ordered from ModCloth a few times in the past and have always received satisfactory service. I promptly got whatever cute clothes I ordered. Everything also seemed well-made and in good condition.

In my last order, however, one item came with a significant defect. As soon as I contacted customer service and explained the problem, I was shipped a new item free of charge! They seemed helpful, apologetic and kind, especially compared to other companies I've dealt with in the past.

pennyt2
7/29/15

I placed an order a week ago. They haven't shipped it and won't cancel my order.

Quote from chat:

Right, but as I mentioned, we are in the midst of upgrading our warehouse system so we had to cease operations for a short time.
I so sorry, if i had a way to add a new charge to your order, I would.

Another quote:
We are a young and growing site, try to better our processes and services. It's not an overnight process, it takes time.

Recommend no order be placed until they better their process.

sachag7
7/18/15

I bought couple of trousers for my husband. Those item were amazing.But only problem is that high shipping rate for my country Canada.

Tip for consumers: High cost to ship to Canada.!

dinam7
7/14/15

These guys completely ruined my day. I made an order only to get an email from Fedex that they are going to charge me with fees which are more than half of my original order charge. Modcloth customer service are refusing to reimburse me for even a part of those fees, and I have another order on the way! They have lost my business forever.

sarak25
6/26/15

I am sorry to see negative reviews here, I absolutely LOVE ModCloth. I stumbled across it last August and have ordered over 140 items now. Of course, I haven't kept it all, but the items I do keep are my most favorite clothing and accessories. I have rarely, in all my orders, encountered issues. I understand blips have occurred during special flash-type promotions (Stylish Surprise) but I've never been personally affected. I have had two instances where an item "oversold"; in both instances, I was issued a coupon.

Coupons have gotten a little lame I have to admit. Products are pretty pricey. Last fall I received many 20% off coupons and then I joined a site which offered a discount to students on every order, which initially was 15% off then reduced to 10% (now it's a one-time deal, sadly, so I won't even name the site). It seems the most Modcloth will offer for coupons are 10% off now. Anyways. The customer service is phenomenal. I've never encountered such wonderful agents..I use the chat feature all the time and the responses are prompt, friendly, personal, and accurate. I've had a couple agents that were less enthusiastic but that's the worst I can say. Never rude, typically offer to go above and beyond. The ModStylists are amazing. They can offer more detailed product info that the CS reps can't but beyond that they are just rock stars at wanting to help customers. One worked with me over a period of months regarding an item that was possibly going to be put up on the site. She contacting me regularly with updates with NO prompting on my part. It would take a lot for me to be disappointed with ModCloth, really. The worst issues I've had occurred during shipping (thanks to Fed Ex..they've screwed up a few deliveries and destroyed two packages now. I'll take USPS anyday). Not anything to do with Modcloth, as they usually prepare and ship the package within 24 hours. I often receive orders in 3-4 mail days (M-Sat). Handling has slowed down a bit right now as it is peak season for weddings and prom, so my packages are going out of MC's distribution after about 2-3 days pending. I was concerned so I contacted CS and they explained the seasonal rush. I am in no way affiliated with MC beyond being an extremely loyal customer :)

Tip for consumers: Order quickly if you love something; you can always return it but things sell out very fast sometimes. Returns are 5.99 unless you get store credit. Pay attention to the returns window.

jenniferp59
6/6/15

I order from them at least once a month. Shipping is always fast, and I haven't had any issues with quality like others. I tend to just buy dresses, and I'm usually happy with my purchase. I had to return a few things, but never had an issue.

sandrad33
5/29/15

love the dresses and the prices are ok
free shipping is helpful
will shop again soon

buysavvyb
5/25/15

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE!!! The customer service reps( excuse me advocates) are LIARS and give customers VERY MISLEADING information. I ordered an item from them on April 17th. When I recieved my item it wasn't fitting how I expected so I returned it late April to buy something else later on. Tell me why it's now May 23th and I STILL haven't recieved my refund from them! I contacted them about my refund I was waiting on because I was not given acknowledgement as to if they received my returned item. The rep told me I'm going to be refunded and it will take exactly 2-5 business days for my refund to reflect back into my bank account. Don't tell a customer to wait 2-5 business days because I'm going to expect 2-5 business days and when those days passed my refund wasn't even reflected in my account. I contacted them again about this and new rep told me now that it may take a full billing cycle and to call my bank about the status of my refund. I then contacted my bank and they told me they see no such refund being processed or pending for me so they can't tell me when to expect it. In the meantime my bank encouraged me to file a dispute against them. To make matters worse I have an event I am suppose to attend at the end on May 29th, and I put in an order for a new dress well in advance. Tell me why my dress is STILL pending and hasn't shipped yet?! I ordered my dress well in advance express so that by the time it arrives and if the size doesn't work out I can quickly exchange it if need be. The company offers no idea as to how long processing takes before an order is shipped. So as far as I'm concerned that could be a month from now. I contacted customer service again about my order that was pending for over a week. One the representatives had the nerve to tell me because it's prom and wedding season that is why my dress hasn't shipped. They are busy shipping their stuff. It's obvious here that my business with them mean nothing and their representative is basically telling me because I'm not going to prom or getting married my order is low priority.

I then had to contact customer service AGAIN!!! Not only about my dress, but my promised refund. The rep then got back to me and told me there was an error on their part why my refund didn't show back up in my bank account. Why couldn't the last rep I spoke to tell me that? Why was the mistake just caught now? So I now have to wait ANOTHER 3-5 business days. In terms of my dress the last rep I spoke to promised me my dress would arrive before my event on May 29th and even lied about when my order would ship. Now the new rep I spoke to that caught the mistake is telling me my order is going to arrive on the day of my event. After the last rep PROMISED me that my order would arrive well BEFORE and not to worry. SHE GAVE ME HER WORD!!! Long story short. DO NOT BUY FROM HERE! The customer service reps are very SHADY AND LIE ALOT!!!

jenel17
5/6/15

They have great customer service!
I got my order in 3 days and I love my dress!
But what I like most about them is their marketing. They show a variety of body sizes in their pictures and are welcoming to all people who have a desire to wear dresses. Kudos to you Modcloth!!!

erinf15
4/8/15

Beautiful, fun,flirty,fabulous, one of a kind,excellent quality, gift certificates,great service,fast shipping! You can create a personal account privately storing your measurements, items you love and if something you love is on sale,almost sold out or comes back in stock they will email you. They even send you little jewelry gifts in your orders!

chloec6
3/24/15

A friend of mine told me about this site - she uses it all of the time, for dresses mostly. She will order 3 dresses and when they arrive, she tries them on and usually keeps one, maybe two, then returns the other(s). It's so easy to do, it's a very trustworthy site. It can be a little bit pricey on some items, but most are good quality pieces.

jennifers90
3/4/15

This site is like the zappos of dresses. Such cute styles and easy returns for what doesn't work out. Love!

paigeb6
2/25/15

I wanted to express how deeply disappointed I have been with ModCloth. My daughter and I have been loyal customers for years and have fell in love with what this company has to offer. Unfortunately after this recent interaction with Modcloth, I was left exhausted with the non-sense and in disbelief that a company’s “Customer Care” would be so, well, careless. After many phone calls, and even speaking with a manager, the situation is still not resolved. Over Christmas break I order several items from ModCloth, along with a couple of items from Urban Outfitters. Both of which were not cheap. One of ModCloth's dresses did not fit my daughter, so she wanted to exchange it for another. Likewise, one of the purses she wanted from UO was not what she was hoping, and decided to send the product back. Being a busy mom in the midst of the holiday season, I made a mistake and sent the wrong items to the wrong companies. The purse went to ModCloth and the dress went to OU. I take full blame for that. Thankfully, about a week later (late December), I get a call from Urban making me aware of my mistake. They were SO NICE! They said it is a common mistake, sent the package directly back to me, and said I had until the END of February to return the purse. That should leave me with more than enough time, right? I immediately called ModCloth and told them about the mistake. They said they couldn’t find the package, but would let me know when they did. Well, after waiting for a while with no response, I call back. They did in fact receive the package and were going to send it back. Praise the Lord! But, after waiting….and waiting….and waiting, still no package. I call AGAIN asking to speak to a higher authority. Finally getting in touch with a manager, she tells me the package is now missing, or if you ask me, stolen. Why wouldn’t someone want to take a cute purse, that isn’t even reflected on their inventory? Their product is returned. The manager proceeds to tell me there is nothing she can do. She says that customers make this mistake more often than I would think and she apologized for the lost package. She used being a “small company” as an excuse for the loss, when I would think that just means packages are that much easier to keep track of. She also suggests I call Urban Outfitters and ask if they can give me some store credit! I actually laughed at this one. Why the heck would UO do that? Even though it was my mistake, they handled the situation with grace, so the problem could get resolved. They did their part and the err is not on their end. ModCloth has so much to offer, but unfortunately, service sometimes speaks louder than the product. After reading several customer review sites, I guess I’m not surprised. It sounds like there is a management problem. Owning a company of my own, I know that sometimes you run into difficult situations. Over the years I’ve learned that bending over backwards for a customer (which isn’t always the most enjoyable) is sometimes worth the immediate loss, because it results in way more business in the future. Word of mouth is one of the most powerful marketing tools and I can guarantee I won’t be spreading positive feedback about ModCloth any longer.

ktf1
1/15/15

I returned some items to Modcloth and requested larger sizes be sent. The sizes I requested were out of stock so they automatically have me store credit instead of issuing a refund like any honest retailer. I contacted them to correct the mistake and they refused. Worst company ever. Seriously? I hope holding on to my $75.00 is worth losing a customer for a lifetime.

nicholet1
1/10/15

I order from ModCloth all the time. I am usually very happy with my purchases. If I am not the customer service team is happy to take care of it. I have never had any issues with their customer service. I have to agree with some of the other reviews however that shipping is not the best. I have ordered overnight and noticed three days later that is has not shipped. I call and get it the next day. Also with the 4-9 day shipping sometimes takes about a week to ship. I have also received broken items or they were the wrong item all together. This doesn't bother me too much because the customer service team always takes care of it. Regardless of the shipping issues I will continue to love and shop this site.

Tip for consumers: Read reviews of products before purchase. These are very helpful when shopping online as sizes and quality vary.

mc352
1/6/15

This rating is for their customer service. My ModCloth delivery was stolen off of my porch. When I called ModCloth, Anna, the customer service rep, was extremely understanding and accommodating. Unfortunately, 2 of the items I had ordered were no longer in stock, but she offered me the option of re-shipping the others and refunding the out of stock items, or just refunding the entire order. I was very impressed with their customer service. I don't think many companies would go out of their way like this to make sure the customer is happy. Thank you, ModCloth!

laurena7
12/30/14

I ordered an item Dec 9th for a Christmas gift. I paid extra for faster shipping too. One week later, the item still hadn't shipped! So, I called the office and a rep tried to locate the order; she said she emailed the shipping department to send the item out on asap shipping. She never got back to me like she said. I called again the next day, the rep confirmed the item had been tagged as asap shipping as soon as it processed and should be out for shipping (as soon as that night or the next day). Christmas comes and goes, I was out of town and kind of hoped that everything had worked out. Check my email Dec 26th and still have no tracking information and my friend said she never received the package. Dec 29th call them up and again (3rd rep conversation) and explained the situation. She can see that I have had issues and canceled the order (she said something about becoming out of stock and them having them in again). She said if I reorder it, she will send me a coupon for 10% off and free asap shipping. Dec 30th I log on to reorder the item and use the coupon...the price has increased from 16.99 to 24.99! The coupon didn't even cover the difference! So, again, I contact a rep and she "price matched" and gave me free shipping. So, exactly 3 weeks later, I have reordered the scarf for the same price and still have no scarf. I am not happy. I will not order with modcloth again.

with4
12/19/14

Whether its shoes or a simple sweater, the customer reviews say it all. Poorly made, overpriced, ill-fitting flimsy materials. Or "once I washed it, it unraveled". Found a shirt I liked with 6 good reviews, on "sale" for $44, (cost $4 to make). Lots of polyester and rayon goin on with most of their stuff, one "description" just said IMPORTED. Sigh.
I order this shirt on Dec 2nd, it just got here the 17th! Said 4-7 business days. That was my last purchase from modcloth ripoff.

Tip for consumers: Do your research, a majority of customer reviews are negative. Save your money.

georgej23
12/16/14

ModCloth has been a very helpful company. Their goods are of HIGH quality. They commit CS reps CS STYLIST HELP, whoever u NEED. 2 YOU!! They have CHAT which I love & they respond quickly. Shipping can be slow. They say its bc they use small artisans who can only fulfill so many orders. Otherwise, they hav helped me immensely. Just make sure your signed up 4 "notification" so ull b alerted as soon as an item u wanted comes back!! Then , grab it immediately! They even say "order in 2 sizes if your not sure, we have FREE SHIPPING BOTH DIRECTIONS". And it IS trye!!

deeq2
12/16/14

Absolute worst - took 8 days to ship, missing items, some labeled "final sale" and probably won't have in time for Christmas...spent twenty minutes twice on "chat" and was promised a response - never got one. I think they'll be gone by next Christmas - super bad management and staffing.

Tip for consumers: Go elsewhere!

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the ModCloth staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
12/19/15
Answer
buysavvyb
A: Honestly, based on my bad experience with modcloth I vote no. Theit clothes and accessories are overpriced. I have ordered a lot of stuff from modcloth over the years and the material their products and some of their clothes are being made of cheap low quality material. I had to learn the hard way modcloth is kinda of a middle man. They purchase certain types of items/accessories and clothes from smaller mom and pop companies, and from overseas (China). Then, they jack up the price and sell it for way more than what it's worth and what they bought it for. Some of their clothes I discovered on other websites for less. Others are actually from real well known companies in Europe.
12/22/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
4/5/15
Answer
erinc38
A: The quality is about 80% rubbish (based on 10 purchases and only keeping 2 items). Hardly any of the dresses are lined and they're made with very cheap fabric, they're also way more expensive than they used to be but the quality hasn't improved. The stitching is usually uneven and the cloth cuts are terrible. You have to pay to return things, and from Australia it often costs more in postage to return something than the item itself, so I wouldn't bother.
12/16/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the ModCloth staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

ModCloth?