US Government's NSF

MiniInTheBox reviews

62%
Beijing, 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Happy Halloween! Fun & cool gadgets!
Visit Us

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

naderr

It have a good customer service but some times it takes a day to get a response
(in 94 reviews)

ravir8

these are the 2 order numbers, tried tracking and nothing (in 312 reviews)

arnes9

Thank you, Miniinthebox.com, for providing a easy to navigate website and high quality products! (in 14 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

tomh147
2/5/16

Why in the name of common sense I'm not getting a response back or my order? I even reported you to BBB, and as of now, I haven't heard from them. They sent you my complaint. I can't do anything more until I hear from BBB.

richardb202
2/3/16

I ordered some led lights on 25/1 and PAID for expedited shipping with expected 3-4 day delivery. Item still hadn't arrived so I contacted customer services and was told that they have shipped via Airmail with delivery expected within 14-28 days!
But I should be happy because they gave me some "credit" to use on my next order for the inconvenience. What next order?

charless112
2/3/16

As a reward for doing well in an exam, my son bought some "night vision" glasses with Bluetooth headset built in. The item was delivered very late. The packing was in appropriate and arrived damaged. The glasses had interchangeable lenses (that you couldn't change). The dark glass lenses were translucent i.e you literally couldn't see through them! The night vision... well there was non. There seems to be no way to exchange them.

After placing the order you will be bombarded with emails that are impossible to stop, unsubscribe is ignored.

This is cheep, don't care, Chines import and I strongly recommend you avoid MiniInTheBox.

kendallw8
2/1/16

I ordered three men's military watches with olive green bands. I received three watches with black bands which did not work (not in running condition). I followed their instructions for returning items for exchange, filling out the template on their website, but when I clicked "submit" nothing happened. There is no other way to reach them; no phone number or e-mail address is provided at their website. Some other earlier orders were fulfilled properly and the products were satisfactory, but if their Customer Service can't be reached, I would not want to risk ordering from them again.

anoukg
1/31/16

I bought several items at miniinthebox over the course of several months.
Their items proved to be of very poor quality and broke after few times of use.
I bought:
- 5 x micro SD cards: 2 of them did not work.
- A torch light: wrong item description and it broke after 2 times I used it.
- Toothbrush heads for an electric toothbrush: the brushes were getting loose inside your mouth during use.
- Camera screen protector: upon removal it irreparably damaged the screen of the camera.

I was promised a coupon of 8 euro. When I was given only 2.84 euro and asked what happened to the remaining 5.16 euro, I was told by the customer support lead that I was complaining too much.
After I was promised a refund of 2.84 euro and offered again a coupon to buy only lousy products.

This store is very bad and I will never order anything from them anymore.
It really gives an infamous reputation to Chinese made products.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING HERE

xenofonp
1/27/16

I have made an order on the 22 January.The payment has been completed using PayPal but the order never showed on my account.As Unprofessional company they do not have email contacts except when the order is shown on their system. 6 days now and no answer

davidp196
1/26/16

Don't do it!
I know it's tempting with their super cheap prices and all but, I ordered some items as X-mas gifts on Dec 1st...yep December 1st, thinking this will be ample time for these idiots to deliver on time. Today is the 26th of January and I still have nothing but frustration and a bunch of so called "resolved" tickets with a delivery date of Feb 17th!
Bogus...and shameful! Never again!!

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE THIS SITE!

emilyo11
1/26/16

Ordered a phone caseb27th december still have not recieved it! Cant seem to track order.

lisag111
1/25/16

I ordered a phone case on December 13 and still have not received it! I have opened tickets and they say that they will be sending me another one with tracking information but that was over a week ago and still have not recovered the tracking information...this website should be reported and shut down. Do not order anything from this site if you ever want to receive it but get charged!!

kyliep1
1/22/16

I ordered something from here because it was cheaper than other sites and then I figured out why! They are in Findland!!! It takes forever to get your shipment and it is not within the 5 to 8 business days. The 5 to 8 business days maybe after they finally ship it! But it's been over two weeks and I still have not gotten my shipment. No way to track anything it's horrible!! I went ahead and ordered from Amazon got it last week 2 days after I ordered and only paid a few bucks more and it was worth it! Tried to contact customer service all they had to say was it shipped. Never again!!!

claireh35
1/21/16

I very naively purchased a PlayStation 4 controller as a xmas present thinking I was getting it cheap. By the time DHL had charge me import duty of £17 I could have got it cheaper on Amazon. My own fault for not reading the small print but to add insult to injury the controller keeps disconnecting from the PS4 and is faulty. On requesting a refund I was pointed to the 30 day returns policy which I was over because I purchased it in November as a xmas present so it wasn't even opened for 30 days. Every other retailer I have used had an extended returns policy over the xmas period. Imagine my embarrassment when I had to tell the recipient of my gift that I couldn't get a replacement because I'd been a cheapskate and tried to bag a bargain from China. I won't be buying from this website again.
Update 24/1/16 - I emailed this site again along the lines of this post and they have now offered me a refund (excluding import duties). They did confirm that the PS4 was their own brand - buyer beware.

barbarah86
1/16/16

Hello, I ordered 2 Iphone wallet cases early December 2015 and I still haven't received them
Can you please tell me what is going on thank you

sophie-jadef
1/16/16

I bought a ps4 controller for my brother for Christmas, it came in the correct time that was said, but it doesn't even work!!!!! Plays for about 5 mins and goes off completely even when fully charged, I paid £31, so they've totally ripped me off, disgusting that they have gotten away with it and probably won't get a refund!!! NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS WEBSITE!!!

ben-a
1/16/16

Ordered a ps4 control pad on arrival tried to use it and it works really crappy for about 5 mins then turns off , it was supposed to cost me 35£ but when ups rolled up with it cost me an extra 20£ I was fuming didn't mention anything about that in order do not use this crappy site to order anything period.

heidif7
1/14/16

I ordered telephone cases and lenses from this website 1.11.2016. I received the goods today, 2,5 MONTHS later. The cases did not look anything like on the web page and one of the sent items was not what I had ordered (a case for another phone than mine). Now I am trying to find out how to get the correct item in stead of the wrongly sent one. Not looking forward to this process.

I do not, under any circumstances, recommend this website to anyone, this is hands down the worst experience I have of ordering stuff online.

tarikac
1/13/16

This is the worst website ever!!! I will never order anything else from them they are scams I haven't gotten my order and it's been way over 20 business days I'm very upset and want my money back

arianas1
1/11/16

I ordered from them a case for my cell phone since it's and older model and there are no available ones for sale in my country anymore. I paid very little (3.81€), for a lether case with very good quality with which I'm totally satisfied with. Everything matched what was described. I didn't try to pay extra for express shipping so the only downside is that I waited something like 3 months for the product to arrive. But that was fine, as it was just sort of an experiment to try and see if the website was trustable. Furthermore they provide a date as for when they intend to ship the product. As mine was already past and the product hadn't been sent I contacted them and they answered the next day, stating that due to the high order of the product the shipment was delayed and they were sorry for the inconvenience. As for that day the shipping date was update and this time they made it. I also didn't had to pay unexpected extra costs.

karenh120
1/11/16

I placed a order on November 22.Here it is January11 and I still haven't received it. I have emailed them 3 times , No response. I have warned my friends and family . Stay away from this site . This doesn't deserve a rating at all .

trustmeij
1/10/16

I ordered on the 7th of November 2015, paid etc, made sure my adress was correct (triple checked!) and it said: Estimated shipping time(10-20 business days). Alright. So 20 business days later, i send them a message asking about my order and i get a standard reply telling me: We have contacted this Air Mail courier and asked them to prioritize the delivery of your order. So we would really appreciate if you could kindly wait for a few more days. --- This is nonsense, just so you know. This is a standard reply that we all get when we ask where it is, dont be fooled. Either way, i wait another 10 business days and i contact them again, get the same reply! As if they didnt even read my message, i just get a standard reply again.

Later on Christmas has come and gone, not a single one of my packages has arrived and i contact them again demanding a refund, which took way too long to get but they eventually gave me my money back thankfully. I got different replies from different people, so make sure you insist on a refund and just send a new message if you get a standard reply again. They did demand of me that i refuse any incoming packages and have them resend to their warehouse. Well, we are now the 10th of January and nothing has arrived. So their nonsense about contacting the airliner and prioritising etc... Yeah. Not true! My packages (3! of them) have either never been sent or they were all 'lost'. Ahuh. I dont quite think that is very likely, for 3 packages to be gone with the wind.

Also interesting i think is that they changed the order date on my orders page from 7th of November to 27th of December. And the 'Track my package' never even worked.
What is also outrageous with this website is that you have to pay EXTRA to get shipping insurance, whilst they never even intend to send the package in the first place! It is pure money grabbing. I can just imagine how much profit they make off the people that don't know how to stand up for themselves or just throw their hands in the air and give up. Please people, i cannot stress enough, if you havent received your orders - badger them. Persist and insist on getting your money back.

I read a lot of people that ordered around the same date, probably when they had that sale going on and not many people actually received their order. Stay away! There are other websites out there, cheaper and much much better.

Tip for consumers: If you do decide to take a massive leap of faith and insist on using this website, be warned. If you do not receive your order, keep asking about it and dont buy their nonsense. Insist on getting your money back. Persist!

jasminec17
1/9/16

DO NOT order from this website, majority of negative comments are accurate... it looked legit so I ordered a 3.99 keyboard protector. I cancelled the order following their instructions about half an hour later, but a few days later I am logging into my bank account to see I was charged anyway, and when I revisited my miniinthebox account, I realized they had deleted any record of my order, so that I couldn't even follow the customer service instructions to reach them. Seriously, don't waste your money or time.

christiank22
1/8/16

If -10 was an option I would choose that.
Ordered on the 3rd of November, asked about the package the 8th of December. Was encouraged to wait another 10 days, my shipments was prioritized. Waited the extra 10 days, customer service closed my case so there was no way to get in touch with them.
It's now January the 8th. Still no package or word from customer service......

rosw188
1/6/16

Ordered goods in November for Xmas gift.Still not received order.Do not use this site.

simonm71
1/6/16

At the risk of upsetting a lot of other reviewers I have to say my experience of the website and service has been fine. I ordered above the threshold to get expedited shipping on around 20 Dec and the goods were here intact by 5 Jan. All goods are in fine working order.
Given the prices I wasn't expecting a Rolls Royce service but so far I have no complaints. My communications via the website have been answered although I am following up on some extra charges from the courier (update - charges refunded promptly after notification with proof of receipt).
My advice is be realistic about your expectation with delivery or order a bit more and get faster delivery.

jerrilync
1/5/16

Waiting along time for order. Rhey never reply back. 3 weeks still no answer yet. I believe a got shamed.

brittanyw22
1/3/16

I placed an order in November 2015 that was sent out the 12th of that month. I recieved most of the order but am still waiting on two items almost 2 months later. I won't be ordering again due to the inconsistency.

veronicam37
1/3/16

This website sucks! Don't ever buy from them! I got logged out of my account and when I tried to log back in it said the password was wrong. That's a lie cause I use the same password for EVERYTHING! They "claimed" to send a new password to the email and I never received it. Tried this like 10 times and failed all. It's BS and literally impossible to get ahold of the customer support people. There's no email no address and no number.
I bought $50 worth of products from them and didn't even receive a confirmation email or tracking number. I did however get a welcome email so I know I provided the right email. They are a rip off!!!

alis663

Hi,
Please try to find any contact for customer service in their entire website! not existing.
My account is not working to supposedly log a ticket with their not working system.
My order was completed and I got payment verification from the PayPal but no single email from them to verify the order status and again no way of contacting none existing customer service and still I have not received my order after a week.

I don't get password reset link while I get couple of ads a day from them so this can't be filtering issue,etc.

Not reliable, dependable specially for pricey and time sensitive orders with current setup they have today, unless it was better before or improving in future as their offerings seem good and I do like them to success to make and keep happy customers along the way.

tims104
1/2/16

If you are okay with the fact that you need to wait 1 month for your order to arrive, this site is okay. Customer service is good, something was broken after a month of usage, and they directly shipped a new one. (Took a month, but hey, it was sent free?). Just have some patience with the company and don't take risks with birthday presents, christmas presents and etc..

Tip for consumers: Don't exceed the amount of 15-20 euro. If you exceed this amount, chances are high that you need to pay taxes on your order. (You can always add an insurance for this at the website of Miniinthebox if the product is higher than this price)

lindap107
1/2/16

If you have a problem the website is set up to make it impossible to get hold of anyone.. You can't even send an email. The first order I placed never arrived and was probably shipped to a similar but incorrect address. I had no way to let them know. At the time I couldn't even find my customer order number or any information at all about the order--now months later it is suddenly there. Then I notice a charge on my bank account for an order I never placed. from Mini in the box (no info about what the item was) It was apparently shipped to the same incorrect address as the last one and this time returned--so at least I won't be charged. But wow. I will NEVER order from this company again. There is no way to make returns or correct order errors. And I'm VERY disturbed by this latest incident.

erikar10
12/31/15

I ordered about $40 of products on miniinthebox. Got "expedited shipping", which would take from 3 to 5 business days. My order was placed on December 23, it's the 31 and i STILL HAVENT GOTTEN ANYTHING!! I am really mad because i contacted the company and they told me this was a "mistake" and my order shipped with NORMAL SHIPPING which would take 12 days to arrive!! A MISTAKE!? A MISTAKE?!?!? Then, they decided to give me $10 dollars on 'bonus cash', which for using it i would have to spend 2O DOLLARS ON THEIR awful website AGAIN!!! What bothers me the most is the fact that after i had all this trouble i decided to go on youtube to checkout reviews. To my surprise this "mistake" that they made, they made it a couple of hundred times!! They falsely advertise on their website saying that if you buy $40 dollars or more, you get free EXPEDITED shipping... When in reality they use standard shipping in ALL of their orders!!! The only reason I bought all this stuff from them, was because they were supposed to ship in less than 6 days, otherwise I would've ordered from ANY other website. Don't recommend this website, will never buy from them again!!

cherylv10
12/30/15

I ordered an item Nov.25th that said it would take 10-20 days, it is now Dec.30th and I still have not received the package. This was supposed to be a Christmas present and I thought 30 days was plenty of time to get it by then. I was very disappointed. They should just tell the truth about how long it takes and let you decide if you want to wait that long.

warrenb21
12/30/15

I ordered my items 18 days ago and have not yet received them. It is not possible to track the shipping for items from this seller, as they evidently ship by slow boat. I would never order from them again.

Tip for consumers: Don't order from them if you want your stuff delivered in a reasonable amount of time. I can't comment on quality, as I have never received my order.

jodinet
12/30/15

1. They cancelled an item of my order because the colour wasn't in stock & credited my account, instead of asking me if I would like another colour.
2. I then had to place a seperate order and get the item in another colour but due to low total cost my item will arrive via slow postage instead fast post with the rest of my order.
3. Their tracking numbers don't work if they give you one at all.
4. You can only contact their customer service while your order is open and not in the shipped status. Once it is shipped, forget about customer service, it doesn't exist!
5. When you try to right honest reviews of the products you purchased and your overall experience the system doesn't save or load it. Probably blocks bad honest reviews.
6. Half the products I received I am not happy with and if I could be bothered I would ask for refund but I cannot be asked!
7. Two orders are still outstanding but I am not able to track them or ask customer service any questions, so unsure when I will get my orders.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT TO BUY FROM THIS SITE!!!

melanies39
12/29/15

Ordered a dog dress and jumper on 16th December paid extra £11.00 for 3-4 day delivery, was delivered today and UPS said they needed to charge me another £16.00 for duty, items were for Christmas period so refused delivery, will try for refund but don't hold out much hope

laurier18
12/29/15

I agree with all of the negative reviews...I ordered a lap top cover 11/29 for a Christmas gift and it is 12/30--still haven't received it. They can't tell me when it will arrive, plus the price has gone down and they refuse to honor the lower price. They took my $ from paypal right away. I have submitted a customer service ticket and after being told it may take 30 business days I will never be ordering from them again. I could have paid a few dollars more for the same item and been able to give for Christmas.

pamr20
12/28/15

I have been trying to contact this website to reset my password for over a week now and no luck. I have sent several requests to get my password reset. I ordered Christmas presents from this site and now that Christmas has come and gone, I am very disappointed because I had NO gifts to give to my family!!!! I haven't even been able to LOG into my account to even see if they have been shipped. There is no phone number, address or email to write to.

phillipj15
12/28/15

Like an idiot I placed an order the first of December, without checking out their reviews. Now it is three (3) days after Christmas and no word of the item. Please, please, don’t ever order from these people. There might be a way to get to their customer service but I have not been able to find it. Don’t even think about it!

kenngchungyuenn
12/28/15

I also did not receive my order for over 20 days now and could not access my account because I forgot my password. They have a retrieve password setting but it never sends you a new password, and they have no number or any email to contact at.

dl89
12/28/15

So i have to admit that i was stupid to buy not 1 but 2 things from the on different occasions;
1-portable DVD drive for my MAC
2-flashlight (2000 lumen?)

1-the MAC doesnt work! i actually bought it for my son for Christmas. His excitement on Christmas day quickly turned to unhappiness when the DVD player woundnt even work.

2-the flashlight? Dunno-ordered it at the beginning of December and still havent seen it. All these guys can do is say "Sorry". No way to track their products; no direct line to customer service. And all they can say is "sorry"? Oh, they did agree to reimburse me $2.41 for shipping.

These guys are a joke. I will NEVER buy anything from these guys again-I am so glad there are other reputable on-line locations that ship and are reach-able by phone. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT NO ONE BUYS ANYTHING FROM THESE GUYS!

gracey11
12/26/15

this miniIntheBox should be blocked in any site like Google because of their misrepresentations...Their totally scam...Will the government of USA or China blocked this site and not any more be even the Light in the box....SCAM SCAM SCAM

barbarac84
12/25/15

I placed an order for an Ipad case on 13th Nov,2015.As of today 25th Dec,I have not seen any sign of my order or received any explanation.I have given up on ever receiving my order and am about to search for and purchase another ipad case on good old Amazon.
Will NOT be using mini in the box again.

cc149
12/25/15

I wish that I had seen these reviews prior to ordering from miniinthebox.com. Placed my order on Nov. 27th, shipped on Dec. 7th. It is now Christmas Day and I still do not have my packages! Site stated that order was to be received with 6-8 business days. Now I did learn to count, and 6-8 business days from Nov. 27th, or even the shipping date of Dec. 7th is not after Christmas Day!! I will never order from them again and would advise everyone to stay away from this site.

Tip for consumers: Stay away!!

catherineh31
12/24/15

My order was shipped on November 17,2015 and it is now 12/24/2015 and still no order. I asked several times for assistance on finding my package and was given to wait because of delays on mail and if not received by this date contact us again well on my 3 time trying to find my order in which was bought for a 5 year old little girl for Christmas and now she is not getting what she asked me to buy.

stever95
12/24/15

Ordered on the 7th of December supposedly shipped the 12th. According to them it is caught up in the peak shipping season. According to USPS the the originating post office is preparing to ship. Now the 24th of December. Mini told me to wait till the 31st.

Don't buy from this company

frane5
12/23/15

I ordered a lite Dec 8th they charged my account and now there is no record of my order, no record of my sign in, no confirmation email. and of course, no phone number to reach anyone.
took my money and got nothing in retun.
SCAM

savannahm3
12/23/15

My items didn't ship until the 13th when I placed them the 8th! Plus they shipped the separtly and all I got was earrings and a watch! Very disastisifed with the company! Probably my last time ordering from them!

jamesw242
12/23/15

I placed an order 11/07 it shipped 11/11 and I'm still waiting. I ordered Christmas gifts for my kids. I've ordered online from lots of different company's this is by far the worst one!!!! I think you should be able to leave no stars!!! Update GREAT: ordered for Christmas gifts came Dec.29th NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

natahliap
12/23/15

I ordered some presents for friends and family in November and they still have not arrived yet. Doubting very much that they will be here in time for xmas as it says they were only shipped on 18th December which is ridiculous. 10-20 days, i don't think so. Not happy at all and can't seem to find an email address to be able to speak to someone. Will not be ordering from this site again

orlandor20
12/22/15

I just had the worst experience with there customer service. They said it would arrive in 6-8 business days and it didn't. When i said my birthday was already over I no longer needed it since it didn't make it. They said to refuse the package, however it was just left outside my house I wasn't given the opportunity to refuse it. So they said I can pay to have it shipped back to them. I don't see why I should do that when they lied about when It would arrive and I wasn't given a chance to refuses it. My only mistake was trusting them and making a-purchase to start with.-----CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A TOTAL SELF SERVING JOKE--

jeffg61
12/22/15

Sucks!!!!!

94 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the MiniInTheBox staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 weeks ago
Add your answer
2 weeks ago
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the MiniInTheBox staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

9 Coupons for MiniInTheBox

No coupon code needed
Shop now at MiniInTheBox to save!
Go to MiniInTheBox