US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

katev7

i like listia, have used it almost a year, but the nasty people are just ruining it. (in 67 reviews)

jodiem18

I have sold and "bought" many items on it and overall, I've been very happy with it. (in 51 reviews)

ediet

I mainly sell beads and jewelry making supplies and I turn around my credits and buy all sorts of things for my family! (in 83 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

lisah88
10/16/14

This site used to be a good site with honorable people where you rarely got cheated but they've changed their policies in a way that benefits "new" users who want to scam you and since you can't leave negative feedback, they can bully and harass and then leave "neutral" feedback that leaves a permanent stain on your record. And support is a joke. They just give you canned answers and don't do anything for their loyal users that helped them grow to who they are now.

davidb229
10/15/14

I already tried contacting Customer Support and submitting a BBB complaint and got no help so hopefully this will work. Someone hacked my account and used most of my credits. While I was in the process of straightening this out, my account was suspended. I had 100% positive feedback and 2 million credits that I literally cannot afford to lose as this is my only job now. Please help me get my account back.

stephanieb35
10/15/14

I've been enjoying Listia since I found it! So far I've been happy with the items that were sent to me and I've also had good luck with folks buying from me! I am happy with listia it is a fun place you should join me here!
Yes you have to pay attention to what you are buying and read all discriptions of the items. I always do research on the item I'm bidding on so I don't spend more than what it's worth. Other than that Love it something to do to get great things I need.

Tip for consumers: Yes you have to pay attention to what you are buying and read all discriptions of the items. I always do research on the item I'm bidding on so I don't spend more than what it's worth.

jorgez4
10/14/14

It's a scam. If you make any credits, they'll find a BS reason to ban your account. My account got banned for listing "junk items", whichis total BS, but they won't listen to any appeals. I'll never get back my investment of TIME and MONEY that was put into that site. STAY AWAY!

seanc47
10/14/14

i was listing a few xbox 360 games on this site and was being harrassed by a moderator that goes by the name farmgirl not sure what was wrong but each auction i listed she would have something negative to say about it i put 3 pictures of my item and gave all info of damage if any and i also stated that if the issue was not acceptable then i could and would make it as good as new if it was a factor this moderator kept making the statement that i wasnt adding enough info for my auctions if there is nothing wrong then why cant i say slightly used no scratches or never played if that was the case? so i removed my auctions and tried to respond to the moderator with this message --- Moderator Farmgirl Hello, i removed this auction so you wouldn't be worried about the listing and i will contact the administration and find the guidelines i must follow to adhere to your postings on my auctions i guess listia isn't the place for me to give and get free stuff. link to my listings http://www.listia.com/auction/20647501-viking-battle-for-asgard

Tip for consumers: this site will cause anger management problems for you and does nothing but give power to those thyat are mearly seeking a power trip for the riding not knowing i bet the admins would see that this moderator was running people away from using the site instead of assisting the sellers with the needs that show a problem

chrisl80
10/14/14

Seller refund credits,still got NEGATIVE FB from buyer and Listia NEVER have contact/support in place( like normal business practice??).It is one way street,people!.Nice to have freecycle-oriented site but beware!

Tip for consumers: Beware of freeloader want free ship for things that already free?

pattyn5
10/2/14

I have used this site for over a year now. At first I was addicted but as time went by that feeling gave way to basic anger of the way Listia solves problems They send generic answers to problems that do not solve anything. For instance when an auction is closed and nothing has been resolved they send these generic answers that cannot help you because its closed and there are NO buttons that work to click on F#!*&^(*) very frustrating to say the least my credits they never credited me for was also given to me as a FU we did too Never did a human take a calculator to see they did screw me!!! Never did I get anything/problem solved with satisfaction!!! They never credited me for 3 of my auctions I held (total was around 7000) Plus 2 people ripped me off my shipping payments ($5.00) All this has sucked the fun out of Listia for me

shawnaf1
9/29/14

Horrible customer service, and sellers, didn't receive a product and they refused to refund my credits that I bought. They suck and I am contacting the BBB

emilyv13
9/24/14

The site itself is OK but can lag. Its great to get rid of stuff but there are way too many rude free loaders on there. You are willing to give your stuff away for free but still ppl complain you are also not shipping it for free! Seriously the rude comments left on my auctions regarding shipping is giving me serious doubt's I will contine listing me items. I may just be a bidder from now on....

danh64
9/21/14

At first I liked Listia, but as time goes on, I keeping bumping into problems Their site is currently down, and I have 14 items I am bidding on and could be losing now but can't do anything while site is down. The other day, pictures were down. You can buy/sell something if you can't see it. Its happening more and more often. I decided to try to list something, and after I did, a kind listian pointed out I wasn't verified to sell. It already had a bid, so I contacted Listing (twice) pleading with them to fix the ability to get verified. I did the phone method which said I only had one more chance? Put in correct code on the two chances it gave me....and it said it was wrong. Its 4 digits and I am not an idiot. I used the link your bank account by letting Listing charge $1.00,,,,I did it twice and I am STILL not verified. I took a $30.00 loss because only two people bid because the verification process is screwed up. I have done special offers to get points. The points don't show up and I am told there is no record I performed the task. Now I keep a receipt to show them.
I think this started out small and family like....but grew into a greedy profit making corporation, Watch, I'll probably get kicked off for some excuse when its really about my comments. Thats o.k., I am actively seeking a new place anyway.

victoriah15
9/19/14

listia sucks theres no system in place to make sure the new people are able to win stuff the site is dominated by greedy bidders who over bid on most of the items making it almost impossible to win anything i tried to win a 15 dollar amazon gift card and the same bidder over bidded on every amazon gift card on the site there should be a system in place to make sure everyone gets a fair shot

michelleg38
9/19/14

It's a fun place to upcycle things in your house. The problem is, once you've cleared your stuff, you want to bid on other people's things. You do run into a few scammers, but they're easy to spot the more you are there.

Plus you can get your credits back, simply by opening a ticket. There is also a block button if need be.

Tip for consumers: It's like ebay but for credits, not money.

sheril9
9/16/14

In one weeks time first my account was banned, then today my husbands account was banned. Listia informed me that my account which had almost 20,000 credits told me I had violated their rules by having two people in the same household using the same computer on Listia. No where in there rules did it say that until after I pitched a fit then it magically appeared in their rules. I know several couples on Listia that share a computer that still have active accounts. Not account cancelled with no warning I lost out on money due to the shipping costs that I covered and received no compensation. All of my credits were taken away without any notice and my account banned. Then today I was notified that my husbands account was banned. The reason they gave was at first "funneling of credits" when I responded to this accusation asking how they then told me "It appears the account in question received a permanent account suspension due to the transferring of credits between accounts connected to yours. This violates our rules on accumulating credits fraudulently or unfairly." I have a pretty good idea what they are implying here, which is my mother in law also has an account with Listia. When my husband still lived in Texas he did an auction with her as a local pick up. This was back in August. Her account today was suspended. She has been an active Listian since Dec 27, 2013 with 100% positive feedback. Ok Listia Tom can you fix this? My husband had almost 30,000 credits due to numerous surveys being done. He wants to be able to use his credits and if not then we should get reimbursement for the shipping of our completed auctions as well as the special offers we completed to gain credits that we paid with our cash to get. I can provide receipts from tracking for every single one.

Tip for consumers: Don't join Listia. If you make friends on listia you take the chance of being accused of funneling credits between accounts.

amyo4
9/7/14

This websites great I love being able to get rid of my stuff but I just don't like how people keep acting rudely if you charge for shipping. I mean you are already getting things for free why are people being ungrateful. The mods should find a way to restrict bad comments for charging shipping. I give away a lot of stuff if I offered free shipping for everything I would be broke I'm a college student I dont have that much money. People on ebay aren't rude when you charge shipping.

katev7
9/5/14

i like listia, have used it almost a year, but the nasty people are just ruining it. last one called me a liar and now that feedback is at the top of the list. should just have the rating and no comments from nasty people. i have a good rating (100%) and trusted seller badge, etc, but that is the feedback at the top that others see first. it is not our fault if the person is too dumb to use tracking and so the post office loses an item, and we the honest ones suffer for it. leaving after i receive the last item i won.

Tip for consumers: nothing would help, a lot of the trusted sellers cannot be trusted, and if an item gets lost, which is no ones fault, they can be nasty with impunity.

cordialt
8/30/14

Listia is an Awesome site if you are not trying to "make money" Unfortunately just like any other marketplace... there are those who are trying to "come up" with recipes, and digital deliveries, box tops, coke points and all sorts of silly-ness... but on the other hand there is a good crop of us real traders that figured out how to offer free shipping and thus playing the listia game. If you familiarize yourself with the rules and read more than you comment... listia can be a great place to get rid of all unwanted knickknacks... junk drawer stuff to anything and everything that would be a hard sell for "real money" personally i received parcels from india, pakistan, russia. and all over usa. got brand new dvds, games, antiques, sterling silver jewelry you name it. the more intelligent people join up with listia the greater the community's inherent value

Tip for consumers: Use common sense, educate yourself, ask questions and most of all have fun!!!!

vickiw9
8/18/14

I have been on Listia for only a few months, but I have given away almost 1000 items. Not recipes, etc., but real items, many of which are brand new. I have learned to make the shipping free. Otherwise, I get nasty comments from people. Higher point items, however, tend not to end with a winner, so that is disappointing. I have tried putting some of my more expensive items on the promoted and it doesn't really seem to help in the "Sale" of the auction. But I really enjoy doing Listia. I have enjoyed sending my items out, making a lot of new internet friends in the process. And the moderators are mostly really good (and often very patient with those of us who need an extra answer or two) about answering questions and getting back with me. I have had to learn a lot pretty fast and have made my fair share of mistakes. The mods are really good about answering questions most of the time. My only complaint is that I recently questioned the end of a dispute. I have no idea how the dispute ended. The moderator's answer was to go look at your credits. That might work if you have one or two items, but not when you have a lot going in and out. And they won't answer back, so for that I am sad. And, I guess, I made them mad because now my auctions are changed where I don't get the credits again until feedback or 19 days have gone by. Sigh. I have asked and no answer. I asked the mod who did the dispute for help on the resolution of a dispute but never got an answer. My advice is to have fun with it. (I have) But I hope Listia will find a way to help those of us who have a question beyond the first mod answer. I think a dispute's answer should be open and easy to read the result. (Not go and find the answer) And I don't know why I am not allowed to ask about how it turned out, especially when the answer is not written out. Or why if I did win then the buyer can leave neutral feedback. Or why my credits are being handled differently now. That makes me sad. Maybe an answer could be added through a different review. I don't know what the answer is. But, I KNOW Listia is overall a really fun thing to do and be a part of! The people who get your items, for the most part, are very friendly and grateful to get them. Try it out. There are many of us on Listia who are real and really offer some neat things.

Since I posted this earlier, my questions were all answered and taken care of. Thank you to Listia again! Love this site!

Tip for consumers: Remember that it is a buyer beware world. Just use caution. AND have fun on Listia.

lisam112
8/16/14

I saw an ad for Listia on Facebook and thought I would check out the reviews for it, so I came to this site. Just as I thought, terrible reviews from 99% of the people who have tried Listia. To all those who have complained about Listia- HELLO- read reviews before you do anything!! To all those who are complaining because you actually paid to get credits and wound up losing money- one word for you- STUPID!!! Anyone that thinks you can get something for nothing deserves to be taken. I do my research before I do anything!

alvinp11
8/10/14

Hi Listia. ( Is it Tom?)
I happened upon this site and I read quickly through the column. Wow! what a bunch of babies. Whine, whine, whine! I've taken 3 losses. One, Listia was kind enough to try and solve. I didn't know the name of the Company I did the survey for. About 8000 points gone. I spent some time doing the survey but so what.
I will phone about 2 other problems. I lost a few points (so far). I don't yet know whether they will come through! I'll speak to you with no malice and see what you have to contribute to my situation. I've had 2 deaths in my family since October and missed many things I wanted. Poor me.
Having said this, I'm enjoying Listia. There are a great many nice souls out there. Some very kind. A few misfits. Ho, hum. I learned from a wise man long ago, If I think of them constantly, they win. They are not thinking about me constantly I'm certain. It's better to enjoy the good points (pun intended) . In time I will likely change my rating to 5 stars. I like you guys. You seem fair to me. To the public who hate so deeply. Haven't you better to do. You'll give yourself a hernia and I'm not kidding. 300,000 points about $300.00 in cash. I bet you've lost more gambling. Alpl

patriciak18
8/9/14

Well, I was gonna quit a while back but Listia Tom talked me into staying & I was glad. On 7/24/14, I GINed 3 items from a long time member with over 3000 feedback, he sent them with tracking but he put the wrong address so PO won't deliver to me. I waited until 08/8/14 to file a dispute. As soon as I did, he started calling me crazy, I was on my monthly, I'm a psycho, a thief, a liar, you name it. I did not get my items over 11,000 credits gone & all I get from Listia are form emails. They are not addressing the defamation, name calling, bullying at all. This seller & I had a friendly relationship until I filed the dispute, he admitted in a message to me that he put the wrong address! Why am I not getting my credits back ASAP & why are they not addressing the abuse! I will not be abused anymore! Tom, if you're out there, I need help! I bought credits just to get these three items (all mailed in one package). Now I just want out of the deal! I've since learned that he regularly abuses people & non of my Listia friends will deal with him. That's ridiculous. I wish I'd known earlier. His name is crushfresh, read his neg feedback. My user name is vbmg152. I don't understand why I didn't immediately get a refund. If I don't get my $20 worth of credits back, I'm done for good.
He has deleted all his rude messages to me but I have them all. Here's the dialogue when I filed dispute;

you Winner Has Requested A Refund: I never received this
On tracking it says undeliverable as addressed. Seller put wrong address. That was on July 31st! I've been patiently waiting for it to get resent but haven't heard anything in a while! I just want to cancel the deal. Sorry about that! If it's been resent, let me know & I'll cancel refund request! Thanks! Patricia
Aug 8th 2014, 12:19 AM

crushfresh Seller Reply
informed buyer that yes i had mis-addressed the package, me and the buyer have had several conversations about the shipment ,. buyer stating it happens all the time, , and the package should get delivered regardless... i am not even sure if it did arrive to them or if they did go pick it up at the post office as i informed them they might be able too do.
now buyer is yelling everything at me with Exclamation points

via the conversations i have had with the buyer, we had already worked out a compromise of me simply reshipping the package to them with the correct address when the package gets returned here to me, i am just simply waiting for it to arrive here so i can reship it out to them ...buyer has already agreed to this situation

mis-address was a simple type-o of me putting '4205' instead of 4025 starwood arch.

not sure why the buyer is going off the handle on me with this dispute and yelling everything, i have been in complete contact with tthe buyer over the situation, and buyer has not ever stated items were needed in a rush or certain time frame or anything.

please refer to the conversations we have had via listia messages which confirms the buyer agreeing to the reshipment
Aug 8th 2014, 12:43 AM

The next message I got;

Re: Pins

you are steadily freaking out harder and harder as the minutes go by...
geez, calm down , take a chill pil or something... i do not know what is wrong with you but you getting out of control...
maybe it's a woman thing, i have no clue what's wrong with you... you change your tone and attitude with every message you send

i told you about 25 messages ago that when the package does get reurned i would simply just reship it out to you ,
i am still awaiting it to be returned...
you said you were fine with that, now your freaking out over it...
you were the 1 telling me it wasn't my fault, it was the post office,
that you were fine with me reshipping it when it gets returned...

your multitude of messages every 4 hours is hard to keep up with, nly response i will be able to give is the same response i have given you about 14 times already, that i wil reship when it gets returned, tracking will show when it gets returned, otherwise there is nothing else i can do at the moment.
I hadn't bothered him except to tell him that 11000 is a lot to get nothing! I messaged him one time. Also, there aren't even 25 messages between us. He's nuts.

theresam12
8/6/14

Me and my hubby had been on listia for over 3 yrs , we cant log in since they have these screwed up letters you cant read ! I emailed listia support several times and now 2 days later still cant log in. To top it off I am getting emails about items won from bidders . I cant mail my items as I dont have addresses for the winners !
I keep getting Nuts its disabled in your region ! I am done , I keep my customers happy and am a honest seller and cant get on to mail my items .

jessam2
8/5/14

i absolutely love listia! Yes you have to watch out for some scammers but thats the listias fault (right now im waiting for a dispute to be settled and i hope get my credits back since its so much over 200,000 cause i item was never sent) but listia it self is great ive gotten some amazing things on this site ive meet a lot of awesome people and have regular buyers its just really cool this dispute is the biggest problem ive had and like i said its not the sites fault and its being handled ...the only thing is i wish it didnt take so long ive missed out on a lot of awesome auctions because of this (but thats my fault i shouldnt have even bid with this person they are new and its there first auction i just reallly wanted what they had and i thought he was for real i guess i was wrong ...now i know to always only bid with trusted sellers)....even with things like this happening sometimes this site is awesome and i love it!

tinak15
8/4/14

I HAD OVER 100,000 CREDITS AND WAKE UP ONE MORNING TO A SUSPENDED ACCOUNT...NO EXPLANATION...JUST POOF AND ALL MY CREDITS AND ACCOUNT WAS GONE. LISTIA SAME AS STOLE THEM!

tabithaj2
8/2/14

I have to say some pros and cons about Listia. It first started when a friend of mine on Facebook introduced Listia to me. At first I was stumped and my curosity made me gasp with wonder. I couldn't even want to believe this thing. You get FREE STUFF? WOW! Amazing. I eventually started my "first account." I fairly started listing auctions through Digital Delivery, winning other auctions, and earned credits through surveys mostly. It's been going on for about 2 years until my account got suspended because of listing an ice cream recipe from a video game. Really!? I didn't do anything wrong in the first place!? I then started to realize my mistakes. I was actually violating thier auction rules by listing programmed "dot exe" files through digital delivery. It was then that I just STOPPED using Listia.
After about a few months, it was a hit to me again. With my first account suspended, I secretly re opened a second account, this time using my Gmail account. Yes, it still continues today and I never got suspended. Funny thing is, the administrators never found out that it's the same person trying to open another account. Plus, I had to change my name to "Isabella" (won't tell you last name- even though it's fake)
Overall, the site is okay. I have won many things from many trusted and friendly sellers and have received many positive feedbacks from them. Something that bugged me very much today was when ListiaJamie told me that my credits couldn't be refunded from the emergency dispute I had placed for the seller.
Ah, well. Another thing is that I always (fair and square) earn credits through surveys, but...
Are surveys even safe?
And, this is how I ended up writing a review about using Listia on SiteJabber. XD

yeimyg
8/1/14

Firstly listia seemed fun and exciting but then it got horrible. My auction clearly said digital delivery and in the description it said its a digital delivery but I had to refund it .

Secondly after working hard and putting up auctions I managed to get myself some credits and a very great buyer who would bid on almost all my auctions and give me great feedback, listia suspended my account for funneling ? What ? NO PROOF !!!

A year ago a friend of mine said her listia account was suspended for no reason after she had 7,000 credits.

LISTIA IS A SCAM
BE AWARE
I had asked a lot of my friends and family to try this but now I will TELL THEM ABOUT THIS SCAM

nursev
7/28/14

I been enjoying Listia a lot since I found it so far ive been happy with the items sent to me and Ive also hade good luck with folks buying from me! I am happy with listia it is a fun place you should join me here! NurseVicky

denisem24
7/25/14

Yet another suspended account. My, husband and I share address (no $#*!?) and we have the same IP address (shocking, no?). I used his device and logged in...they banned his account but left mine...why his? My account had 5000 points...his had over 200,000...

Listia is a bunch of crooks being watched over by a small group of crooks...

Listia sucks...do NOT stockpile points--they WILL steal them from you somehow!

matthewp22
7/24/14

At first I thought listia was fun and a great idea. A handful of transactions in and I run into the flakey side of listia. Lonely guys in dire need of affirmation, bored middle aged women on a power trip. Don't get me wrong most of my transactions were flawless. 20% have been absolute nightmares. I'm done with the site and the creepy little games these supposed adults are playing. I'll stick with eBay where the fees filter out almost all of this behavior.
Listia user name:fb_100001397839624
I won't be on listia much longer, attempting to wrap a few nightmares and I'm gone.

sonyg
7/24/14

listia is a scam, I got banned just after I win a $1 amazone GC auction, after that I can't get into this website, luckly I just played one day ,it wastes my time ,luckly I didn't put money on this stupid wensite.

laurar34
7/22/14

I stumbled on to this website a couple months ago and I am SO hooked.

I've bought/sold on eBay for over 10 years (I'll review them another time) and the rising fees have slowly taken the fun out of it. Listia is the same idea but everything (except the occasional shipping charge) is FREE. For real free. Not "we'll suck you in then sneak in the charges later" free. It's FREE free.

The general idea is that you earn credits by trading your own junk, or you can do surveys or watch videos to build them up but see my review about Trialplay before you do that. The quickest way is to clear out your closet and get rid of stuff you don't want.

Then, you use the credits you've earned, to bid on the junk you want! GOOD junk. Most of what I have gotten so far has been brand new.

A majority of the "sellers" will offer free shipping so it really is costing you absolutely $0. But some, (like me) would prefer that you pay at least some of the shipping costs.

I have given away and gotten more stuff in the last 2 months on Listia than I ever did in 6 months on eBay and I've had a lot more fun doing it.

dianaj7
7/20/14

I have been a member of Listia for only a few days and I love it! I mainly collect Antique, Gold, Silver and Bronze British and Irish Coins, Gold British Banknotes and Bars no matter what size and shape they are. I have already managed to buy a couple of new additions for my beautiful growing collection and will continue collecting these beautiful items located on Listia. All the purchases I have made were prompt, fast and easy for both me as a buyer and the sellers. Listia is a very awesome site and I hope it stays up for a very long time :). Listia and the Listia Team you guys rock!

tegann1
7/13/14

Ok. I'll say 3 stars, cuz a lot of the rules are bogus. Like if someone else has my address on their profile i get banned?! I mean c'mon dude! I live in a 4 bedroom apartment. 4 different ppl with no familial affiliations! It's a room for rent situation. So if one of my roommates make an account then im $#*!ed?! Other than the bullcrap rules, i love this site. I've won over 40 books. More than a dozen necklaces. Several rings. Collectible items. And much more. I'm totally addicted! But i shouldn't have to be afraid that one of my roomies might make an amount and will both be banned! -_-

ninac6
7/11/14

wow the site seemed great but this is stupid it does not send and the keep the credits that is bull crap

krystynat
7/11/14

Stay away! There is no real Listia Assurance. I lost over $50 worth of credits when a seller didn't sell me what was advertised (she actually sent me trash in the mail). Listia still let the seller keep the credits and never responded to my dispute. They also removed my ability to leave feedback for the transaction. It doesn't get any worse that this!

jn23
7/3/14

No help from support, always seems they don't even read emails, I know they must be busy, But I would rather wait weeks for a reply than just get a response that has nothing to do with my case, 2x now on 2 different problems they were of no help nor do they seem to care. If you have a problem with a buyer or seller you are on your own.
Use with Caution!

bzs
6/23/14

If you use this site, just know that if there's ever a dispute over credits listia will always believe the buyer over the seller in a dispute. I sent not one but two packages to a man claiming he didn't get it the first time, wanting to do the HONEST thing i sent out another one, I couldn't afford tracking and if you don't want to spend the money to track the items you send then DONT SIGN UP on listia. Because people will scam you and listia will allow them to. I understand that without tracking there's no proof that he got it, but what about the fact that they can't prove if he DID get it and scammed me for twice what he paid for and also wanted his credits back. In was basically called a liar by the staff and they refunded his credits so I lose out on my items sent and the credits aswell. This is a complete scam and waste of time. Its much cheaper and far less stressful and dramatic to just go buy the things you want. People sit there and bid tons of credits on items you can buy at your local DOLLAR store and they dont seem to mind wasting credits on such things as pictures of an overweight ginger girl in lingerie, to me, that seems as though it violates they're supposed "rules" but in reality there isn't any. Because then staff couldn't care less about any of it. I'm not joking when I tell you i seen used anal beads go for thousands of credits. So basically stay away from this trailer park of a website because its not legitimate.

patriciak16
6/20/14

Listia was great for the first 3 years. Then I asked a legit question on an auction & got blocked after I bid a whole lot if credits! Then unknowingly, I bid on gold earrings posted by her daughter, I bid a bunch if credits then asked if they were real because of allergies, blocked & nasty comments made about me! Now, almost every time I bid, I get blocked without even saying anything! These two are out to get me & I'm sick of it! I'm an honest person & I'm one of those fools that bought & earned credits! I had over 150,000. I've been using them up & I'm gone! I won't waste anymore time & money being bullied by 2 strangers that know nothing about me! I was nice & respectful when I asked questions & now they can say anything about me & I can't defend myself! This random blocking is great for bullies! Me, my stuff & my credit card are out!! I'm sure I'll be banned after this anyway but I don't care!
I had made a lot of friends on Listia & things were great until I ran into these two people!

terip2
6/10/14

Just tried using this site for the first time. It's pretty cool that you essentially get stuff totally free for just checking in, filling out your profile, tweeting about the site, listing items, etc. However, I wasn't knocked out by the selection of items available for purchase. Hopefully, the more people hear about the site and how easy it is to use, the more it will gain popularity and the better the selection will become.

tinab36
6/9/14

**********i received a message from SiteJabber that I should have Listia open my case again and to let them know that I heard from SiteJabber and to ask if there was something that could. I did this and told Leslie at Listia that I wanted my money back for shipping but since I figure that is not going to happen then I would like to be able to leave negative feedback. I was told that although they couldn't MAKE the seller send my money back that could, and would strongly urge her to do that. She also offered me 20,000 credits for my trouble. I decided to take the credits and to see how things go by giving them another chance. I will just need to be more careful with the shipping charges.*********** I went on this site and won my first auction on February 27, 2014. I never received my item, even though I paid the shipping charges of 4.99. I emailed the seller and she asked that I be patient because it was coming from China and could take 20 - 25 days. Then in late March my father-in-law passed away so my mind was elsewhere dealing with estate stuff and all and I finally thought to check with her as to why I had not received it, on May 7. Then on May 13 I finally hear back from her and she stated that it should take from 28-40 days and to please be patient. On 5/15 I emailed her back that I was tired of waiting and that I would expect my refund on or before may 19. On May 27 I emailed Listia about this and after several emails they gave me back my credits. But her account would only let me give positive or neutral feedback. I am unable to give any negative feedback. Listia told me that was because I waited until after 60 days to ask for a refund. But that they would deal with the seller. To which I asked how they were going to deal with her. She told me she could not tell me that due to privacy. But she was snippy and I'm sure that she could have told me how they were going to deal with her. I wasn't asking her name or where she lived. Because all emails go through Listia I don't even know her email. Anyway. I was waiting until I heard from Listia to get my friends in on it. My advice STAY AWAY!

nancyb40
6/8/14

I have really been enjoying Listia and have had mostly great experiences with people. I only bid on items that list "Free Shipping" and I only post items I will offer free shipping on so I haven't had any big problems. Most everyone has been really friendly in emails. I've bid on and won some pretty cool (to me) items. I got a whole season of a tv show on dvd and some really nice clothes. And when a couple charms broke in shipping to me, the seller was super friendly about it and immediately sent replacements, plus some extras. I'm keeping things as simple as I can as a bidder and as a seller. I'm not trying to win anything really big yet. Plus, it's just like eBay - you need to check the feedback on a seller before you bid. It's not a guarantee, but if you research a little before bidding, you can avoid a lot of scammers. It's not a perfect system but what is? I've been enjoying it so far.

shelap
5/24/14

Listia was great.... The first 3 months I used it. I won great items and sold a few items that were useless to me. I was incredibly happy with the site. I checked it daily, five times a day. Until yesterday. A friend/neighbor I recruited to Listia came over and used their app at my house. We both get our accounts permanently suspended. Mine for "Referral fraud" and his because they thought he was my other account. I have always followed their rules and was going to quit soon anyway. After I spent the 20k credits I had. Now I can't do that and all those credits are from the items I just got done sending out. I emailed them to try to get my account back, but they won't get to me until "2 business days" after the request is sent. That's a problem since the auctions I wanted to win are this weekend. They are emails anyway so I don't see the point in waiting so long to fix a problem. Though with all these negative reviews on Listia, I doubt I'll be able to get my account back long enough to spend my credits and be on my way... Thanks Listia. What a great site....

jennifers88
4/26/14

I have been a seller & buyer on listia for since the beginning of the site. After being on this site since the beginning, I'm just tired of the BULL$#*!!

Something about me. I have over 900+ positive feedback's and have been on listia since the beginning, for about 4 years now. NOW I HAVE TO LET YOU KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT THIS SITE!

1.) Despite rules & policies, there is still people who commit a large amount of fraud. This is due the fact that listia doesn't make anyone verify their account thru credit card. Whenever I join a major site, they always have me verify a credit card. On listia, you will see alot of fraud due to underage sellers, people just trying to attain quick credits, newbie sellers, etc... And the site continues to run the site knowing that this happens. Weird!

2.) Your credits are guaranteed by the site. Not everyone, is trying to commit fraud on this site(I would never do such things). However, out of 10 auctions that I recently bided on 5 of them turned out to be fraudulent. Of course, I had my credits refunded back to my account by the site. But, for the most part I put my time & effort into bidding on the auction, then it turns out to be fraud. Sure, I get my credits back but its a BIG disappointment to win something, then find out I can't get the item.

3.) As a seller, vice versa... I've had buyers who have purchased from me, and I have a excellent feedback record track. But, there are those buyers who put in falsified claims and win. I sometimes sell digital goods & there is no safe guard against people who change there minds due to buyer remorse. Because of this, buyers can run rabid & state that the delivery of digital goods was never delivered or didn't work. Though, I do not argue with the buyer but it just doesn't seem fair since I did my job as a seller.

cont. 3.) Also, sellers....there is no safe guard against breakage of items in shipping. Accidents happen, and as a seller I'm willing to refund the buyers credits at any given time. However, what upsets me is the site without question, will automatically refund the buyer credits, without returning or proving the items were damaged in the mail. This is a HUGE problem on this site. I've had this happen a couple of times. I've even talked to other sellers, who have had a big problem, of supposedly fraudulence due to breakage.

4.) As a seller or buyer, its most difficult to attain a large amount of credits to get the really good stuff. What do I mean by really good stuff? Stuff like ipods, video game systems, gift cards, cell phones, etc... Its literally impossible to accumulate a large amount of credits in the short run. And by the time you attain a large amount of credits in the long run, the item is gone or no longer available anymore, or some other seller is asking for double the credits of what an original item sold for in the first auction.

cont 4.) Credits are the currency on this site. However, sellers do ask for you to pay for shipping. Now, this is what really upsets me. The slogan of the site is "GIVE & GET FREE STUFF". But, you have to read between the lines. In order to accumulate credits you have to list a bunch of items. What the site doesn't tell you, 'as a seller' (not me), they might ask for you to pay shipping charges before having the item shipped. As a seller, I would never ask for shipping charges simply because the site was based on a FREE concept. But, its not really FREE! As a seller, I would list items, pay for the shipment of items, then receive credits. So, in the end, whether you are the buyer or seller, someone always pay for shipping charges. Nothing about this site is really and truly FREE.

5.) Well, if you attain enough credits to get some of the really good stuff, then whats next. Well, you have to bid... And I tell you I got tired of bidding on items and its not easy. You are always getting outbid-ed in the last seconds of the auction. Its just no fun, when you have all of the credits necessary to win and you strive to win auctions, someone in the last seconds of the auction can outbid you.

6.) There are other options to bidding....but its going to cost you more credits.... Recently listia introduced a rewards store & 'get it now' option. The rewards store is where you can shop and listia has various items for a limited time for purchase. Sounds easy right? WRONG! Yeah, you can buy the stuff easily listed in the rewards store, but all of the items are OVERPRICED in credits. I recently was surfing their rewards store, and they had kitchen utensil set such as spoons, knifes, etc... something you can purchase in target or walmart for less than $20. This set went for 50,000 credits. That is just CRAZY! and if you are familiar with listia's credit scale, that's overpriced.

cont. 6) There is also the GET IT NOW option. Basally, they call it a GIN. Means you can buy the item now, without waiting for the auction to end. Well, you can get whatever you want. But again, its going to cost you more in credits. The whole point of auction is to get the item cheap and for very low credits. Well, there is no limits on GIN, and I see sellers taking advantage of this all the time. And buyers will fall for it.... For example, a seller posts a $5 gift card. Now, if you have been on the site for awhile (like me), you know not to spend more than 5000 credits for a $5 gift card. But, sometimes I'll go up to 8000 credits depending how desperate I need a gift card. But, I refuse to go any higher. So, if you figure $5 gift card that's about $1 for every 1000 credits, which is typically normal for this site. However, what some sellers seem to do is post $5 items, and turn around and ask for 10,000 credits or even double 20,000 credits to attain more credits for themselves. TERRIBLE! There is just no limits to the amount of credits. And people actually fall for this type of hyped excitement thinking they are getting a good deal, in which, they are not....

7.) Leaving negative feedback(from a buyer).... It seems the only way a negative feedback occurs is when you agree to give the buyer a refund or if an auction wasn't completed due to seller or buyer fault. Well, thats fine and dandy. But, let me tell you its not right. I've had only a few negatives in my feedback, and I agreed to give the buyer a full refund without question, just to be nice. Even though, I was honest and fair, and the buyer seemed nice - I ended up receiving a negative feedback in the end. Now as a seller, the only way I can leave negative is IF buyer backs out of an auction. However, I guarantee you if you are a seller, then expect retaliation from the buyer. Since, the auction wasn't completed then the buyer can also leave you a negative feedback, even though it wasn't the sellers fault. That's a HUGE flaw in the system.

8.) THE STAFF or owners of this site...... Terrible customer support and service. I understand they must remain neutral or cannot give direct answer due to liability. However, my GOODNESS.... What terrible service. Based on their policies and rules, I have to report certain buyers, as well as sellers, to the site of customer support agents. They are absolutely no help. I've never seen such an illiterate & uneducated bunch of misfits in all of my life. Sounds like a bunch of kids on the other end, with no respect to their more experienced sellers and buyers on the site. They really don't care what happens, and in return, you will receive nothing but robot responses. Some responses, don't even correlate to the complaint. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

9.) Rules & policies. Well, there is rules & policies, but seems people will still list items that are against the rules. Such as potions and items related to drug paraphernalia, Adult items (meanwhile people are willing to sell nude images of themselves), copyrighted materials (I've seen people sell off copies of dvds & cds), and so on. I've reported a few of these items, but the listia site or support don't care and they will continue to let the seller list these items. But, they turn around and take my auction down for something simple like a coupon because its a buy 1, get 1, stating that my coupon has too many restrictions. WHATEVER!!!

10.) IN FINAL, I leave you with these words "BUYER BEWARE". Since joining this site, I've had my ups and downs. More downs, than ups. Its still in the infancy stage, but I don't see it changing anytime soon. Will I continue to sell off my items for credits. Probably not anymore. I just recently emptied out my last of the credits for gift cards. I don't plan on listing anymore FREE items anymore. Its just not worth my time & effort. I just don't see how you can really accumulate a good amount of credits to attain (as I stated above), the really good stuff!

11.) LASTLY, this site was a great concept but lost my business. Its seems to be getting more expensive in terms of credits & its not letting up. With the economy still be on the downside, I just don't see why I should have to spend my hard earned money on this site. I can simply get better quality items by going to my local target or walmart for less. If you do decide to try this site out, my only suggestion is to be alert, pay attention to details when listing, always check someones feedback (stay away from people with 0 feedback, if asking for $$ or big ticket items), and you have my SYMPATHY!

audreyf
3/22/14

On this site for almost a year. After I accumulated 900,000 points my account was suspended for no valid reason PLUS I got scammed for a $50 Walmart card.
I paid the credits only to find no money on card. Listia ignored my emails. I reported them to Better Business Bureau (they keep changing their address) and police discovered they don't have a legitimate address or phone number. Could be operating from China , Police said!
This is just about the worst site on the internet so B E W A R E !!!

chrisc123
3/17/14

Listia scammed me after 3 years of use.
I signed up on Listia around August 2011. Amassing over 465 logins (465 days).
Today I wake up to the news of my account being suspended. Without any reasoning as to why.
I have 151 Feedback, most of them being positive, excluding the few that were noobs and were trying to scam me and get their credits back even though they got their prize.
Before being banned, I had about 71,000 credits built up from selling my old PS3 games. I planned on saving those credits in order to get a $75 or $100 amazon card.
Upon reading their email indicating I was suspended, they did not cite the reasoning behind their suspension. This leads me to believe they are full of $#*!. I have been legitimately using their website since signing up in 2011.
I only ran into a few issues with Admins/Moderators because of mistakenly categorizing some listings or just putting up an auction I didn't know wasn't permitted. Outside of that, I did nothing to further the suspension of my account.
This leads me to believe that Listia is using the Ban hammer just for the $#*! of it.
I have contacted them via support ticket with no answer.
I advise everyone to stay away from this website. It has been nothing but problems for me. All they do is try to limit their website, making it as $#*!ty as possible. Then they do stuff like this which leads me to to conclude that their 'support team' are underpaid morons who make a living off of scamming those who don't know better.
Stay away from these people.

chanm1
3/16/14

There are sellers in listia who claim that people got banned and they relist or people keep giving unverified address and so they not send to them, is that the truth or something is behind?

Sellers should send their item in their auctions if auctions ended with winners (names shown) and those members should be able to get listia items from the auctions' sellers

if sellers use lots of reasons, "your address is not being verified I can not send to you" "you dont pay shipping fee I can not ship for free" "you are banned now I can not deliver my listia item to you because you can no longer feedback" , right? Familiar? because many of us must always face that, but why sellers speak that right?

BECAUSE THOSE SELLERS WHO SELL THOSE ITEMS IN LISTIA.COM MAY NOT HAVE THE ITEMS THEY LIST, YES THEY DONT WANT PEOPLE KNOW THEIR LIES, SO THEY CLAIM THAT YOU ARE INELIGIBLE TO GET THE ITEMS.

NORMALLY, ASK YOURSELF, IF YOU WERE THEM, IF YOU REALLY GOT THE ITEM, WHY NOT SEND, CORRECT?

THEY DONT HAVE THE ITEMS, THEY CAN'T EVEN SEND/SHIP THE ITEM TO YOU,

IF NOT THEY DONT HAVE THE ITEM, WHAT REASONS ELSE?

USE YOUR BRAINS TO THINK, YOU SHOULD FORGET SUCH BAD SELLERS, THERE ARE BETTER PEOPLE IN WORLD, DONT THINK OF THEM ANYMORE. BUT FOR PEOPLE'S SAKE, YES , REPORT THIS KIND OF BAD SELLERS. THEY DONT HAVE THE ITEM THAT THEY LIST, THIS IS "FAKE LISTING/FRAUDULENT LISTING (THEY DONT EVEN HAVE THE RELEVENT ITEMS IN THEIR AUCTIONS, THEY DONT HAVE THE ITEM SO NOT SHIP YOU)" AND MUST BE REPORTED PROMPTLY TO LISTIA ADMINS.

if sellers do that, yes the banned buyers / buyers can find listia staff for assistance.

Dishonest sellers list items they dont even have, but claim buyers banned, address unverified, and not send their items they auction in listia.com. prepare to meet very bad sellers in listia everybody
dishonest sellers who dont even have relevent items would claim buyers are banned, address unverified and not send your items. you get far less than what you won.
that is (i.e.) in listia, if you won 25 items in 25 auctions, right? you may only get 5 items in your hand or mail. yes scam.

I won over 100 auctions, I now only get 5 items. think how horrible.

ramonae
3/10/14

Listia people please note one thing, listia staff can steal read people's mail and email in listia.com.

"TANSTAAFL"

To enjoy freebies in listia, you have to get ready to write in mail things that does not even violate listia rules. if your mail writes listia bad things yes you are suspended next.

bidding, too many people bid, when you put a bid that is highest that someone would bid over you at the last. I dont like it.

Privacy Risks - listia staff can read your mail messages. be very careful when you message listia people. try ask them to write in facebook or email address if you want to write bad things on listia

unwanted programs - ask peopel to paypal to get extra listia credits is enough to speak this

adult content - lingerie, bra, under, panties, sexy thong, condoms, pregnant items.

misleading claims - if someone have same shipping address we listia would see if the receiver are different person,
truth - 2 listia member with same shipping address even if different receivers, both listia account are suspended.

this is from my freinds and my real life experience in listia

listia a lot of people dislike must have reasons. nobody would want to hate something without reasons.

but listia misled people that if 2 account in listia use same shipping address they would check, but truth is they would suspend 2+ accounts with same house number already.

if you and other listia member have same shipping address, they would not give you any chance.

paull64
3/10/14

I hate people who cheat and tell lies, listia staff, stop being so fake hearted by saying your page is nice, I have a friend who got suspended on 3rd march 2014, he today cried that he was innocent when being banned.

listia dare to say that my friend have mistake so being banned.

We ordinary people who never work anytime for listia (even if work for listia, SORRY NO, work in listia must tell lies, why bother working there.) are the one who is telling the truth on listia

those who said listia is a great site, if you guys look carefully you will know what happen and what is wrong

yes all posts are listia employee doing

we dont need such decoration or circus act. we dont need to do any circus act.

being a banned listia member, let me tell people my banned reason

Same shipping address with listia (at least one member) member.

listia would not allow/tolerate 2 people or more people with same ship add even if your receiver are not the same person. they only judge by shipping address

I dont wanna work in listia. if working in listia must have to write fake words that LISTIA A NICE PAGE, I AM TOUCHED

my freind cried today. I think I wish to let people know listia would never care how long your membership is, they ban people as they wished.

so I would just tell people about how I think alright.

Listia has no heart, this page is a damn page. a damned page that must be banned from internet to avoid ruin people and give people mental loss

9 out of 10 people dislike this page.

do you know why

do you know that, when you sending mails in listia,com listia staff can read your messages. some banned people got hunted when they write LISTIA IS BAD PAGE on messages. or if you write things that speaks listia is bad page, you will be banned.

shipping address is a big reason why many were banned. 2 people or more with one address when you win items, you are banned.

the worst moments are, some moments, you won sellers items, listia ban you without let you write the shipping address. seller really guess that you left listia and forgo the item

yes listia is very harsh.

sometimes if you were banned, you even got no opportunity to check back the items you bidded, especially if you win great gorgeous items, but listia does not give you anymore chance to write shipping address but just perm ban you without any reasons.

even if a person is banned, let them write their final address before listia ban them I think it's not a harsh request. but listia, especially if you got banned, you can never have this chance.

I hate listia. I hate it.

listia, those who write listia good site, are all listia hired people or listia employee.

thank you very much for let me write this note.

simonm44
3/10/14

Everyone in this page ,look those who write good feedback to listia. they are all listia employee

let's say hi to them and let's condemn how *** they are doing

the more unnecessary stuff they do on this page pretending that listia is good, the more we people must really underlook listia

listia can only do this kind of poor thing, SO DESPERATE SO CHEAP SO *** SO *** DAMNED site. listia is a serious damned site that being its employee must have to go around to pretend that listia is a good site that we are all laughing out loud towards listia staff

if listia staff is hired to write untrue fake *** on listia against majority's feelings, I would rather not work for listia

a person must live to write the truest feeling and the truest words from true heart, from real from inside, the truest

a person must be honest and speaking truth.

if hired in listia means that, if people so hate your page you have to write so many fake lies to "laugh towards people"

this kind of mission impossible, you do. I dont want

I prefer spread that listia is a damned site that its staff must have to do so fake to try to maintain its weak pride.

I prefer tell people listia is a bad damned site that must force staff to tell fake lies.

LOOK AT SCAM BOOK ON THE SAME POST, WITH THIS PAGE, LOVE THIS SITE. YES THE SAME FACE SAME LOOK, MEAN THAT ONLY LISTIA STAFF BEING SO UNNECESSARY AND SO FAKE

FAKE HEARTED POSTS, NOBODY WOULD EVEN BELIEVE OR CARE TO READ ANY.

I would not pollute myself with listia

go around scambook and many page which say listia is bad, u may get into some people (FEW) saying that "I think listia is nice page only peopel wrong so they got banned"

...they (who said that we got banned due to our mistakes) are actually listia staff

people go around, talking/spoken about BEING SO FAKE

we ordinary people can never win listia staff who post so fake words.

when they post once, people would trust them and got spooked inside. that they are good page (listia is good site)

but when same speech, same post show in so many pages, what kind and what quality of rubbish site listia.com is, I think I dont have to speak so many words.

the more we speak the more fake we will become. look how listia staff cover their real hearts and speak such fake words fake lies, I dont wanna be the same standard with listia.com staff

mikeyc1
3/9/14

Listia does not tell people something hidden. I am a banned member. Reason was because my shipping address was same with at least one person in listia.

listia spoke that if you share same shipping they would at least pending to go check with pervious people to see who has same address with you, to see if you are all sending the same dude or not.

You may ask one thing, if a family has 2 people, same address would listia ban. right?

WOULD, THEY WOULD.

TWO LISTIA MEMBER SAME SHIPPING ADDRESS no matter USA or not USA. just need one person with same shipping address with YOU. or someone else used your address to ship item to you, when they won item. if you not know then you use. yes all people suspended.

Two listia members use identical street name identical house number, flat number, even if same receiver name or different name same surname, or even different surname. 2 people use same address are suspended immediately.

look at me, I am a live example.

others who stay in listia kept saying it must be people's mistake so they got banned. but I think, at least, when you at school, you not just only got one classmate or in your home, you dont live alone.

first , basically, at least, if without your mother, you won't exist in this world. right?

this is already 2 people. your mom and you. then your biological father who use sperm to born you out. this is already 3 people.

if they register with you in listia. listia would ban all people account this I think many people would try to avoid this. but that if these 3 people won item. write same shipping address YES listia would suspend all people without hearing your explanations.

but you know, you can't murder your parents due to this site only allow one shipping address on one listia member account

father and mother, are important than this fokker page. listia is a fokker site which we must try to fight off

you can't try to stay on page and kill your family members,

you can't try to stay on page (listia) and ignore / isolate your classmate and friends

you can't hate your people just because listia only allow one person one IP one account, only allow one address one person use.

if you ask me, yes it's truth and true and real that.....

2 people same shipping address, listia would ban both account

the more people have same shipping address yes the same problem in listia.

listia does not allow 2+ people have identical shipping address

many people , like me, died on SHIPPING ADDRESS VERIFICATION on listia

but we would not kill our family and freinds just because listia only allow one person use listia. or two people use listia. or only one person can put your shipping address.

each and every individual address (shippin/home/mail home address/residential address) can only be verified by one time, once, and if two plus people use.

even if receiver are 2 different people ,yes listia would suspend everyone

listia does not allow same shipping address on 2 listia people accounts

but I dont support people kill their family and friends just because listia only permit one person use one address.

listia should be killed off quickly to avoid ruining people by giving serious mental loss by suspending people quickly and suddenly

the sudden account suspension. gives people serious mental loss.

I would not give listia.com any paypal money on

oliviel
3/6/14

I have 2 freinds to send items in real life, my freinds and I use this site. firstly, the credits are very few (only 3100 marks even when you have facebook linked) twitter usually no 100credits.

this is also why many people would want to have more marks by making accounts. listia marks if you play legally is actually very few.

and same IP can not use 2 listia.com account. library computers are all same IP. same online area, all online compu already all same IP, but different people use, does not mean that all are ONE DUDE together.

then. address verify $#*!.

address verify. listia set a rule that you can only ship to people that can give you a verified address in listia

but had you guys found out that.

same address/identical address can not be used on 2 listia accounts.

or else, listia would ban 2 acounts immediate wihtout verify your address!!!!!

yes this is what most listia people got banned for,

first, IP $#*!, then Address verify thing

which person does not have 2 or more freinds

if 2 freinds want to send item, no money, go listia, buy item to same person.

to get thru the addrress verify, most people have to write wrong numbers. then must mail seller.....oh correct one should be what waht what what what, not my given verified number.

how complex.