US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ediet

I mainly sell beads and jewelry making supplies and I turn around my credits and buy all sorts of things for my family! (in 110 reviews)

katev7

i like listia, have used it almost a year, but the nasty people are just ruining it. (in 84 reviews)

jodiem18

I have sold and "bought" many items on it and overall, I've been very happy with it. (in 65 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

karinak3
1/27/15

At first I loved it, to be honest. I found a couple of cute things that I wanted to buy. So rapidly started doing all kinds of offers to earn credits and selling items. Then I referred my roommate, as I recently moved to the US to learn and don't really have lots of friends in here. And that was a big mistake. While I was honestly buying items and earning credits by selling my roommate won one of my auctions. Some really small stuff for like 3000 or smth credits. Which I also gave him as he was a winner. Nothing criminal. I had like 26000 credits on my account by that moment. I didn't need any from him. And all of a sudden I got banned for that. And he also so to say. Even despite the fact he was already in another state! Which they could clearly view from his IP if they even wanted. However they banned both of us. I wrote them a dozen letters trying to explain that it was not something done on purpose. And this bid he made is just really nothing comparing to what I already earned. And I was trying to explain that I just moved and I do not clearly read in english, that is why I honestly did't read the rules and didn't know that. Why would I do that if I can be banned. I always have to ask my friend to check my writing and reading. But all replies from them are the same, literally just the same. They really don't care.
And the last drop is that one of the listing I won. The lady was so nice, she sent it very quickly. She asked me to confirm as soon as I get, coz she wants to win some present for her grandson. And guess what? they banned me the morning before I got it. I had to create another account to find that lady and explain everything to her. Then I wrote them two letters asking to transfer these pending credits to her. Guess what? No reply at all. This is how they protect their users.

Wish I could answer in a comment to that representative. Oh wow! They say really loud words "connected accounts", "fraudulently transferred credits"... But in fact they just make up these rules based on nothing. There is no explanation to any of these terms, and they explain them the way that is good for them. "Connected accounts" — in my case it's my friend's account. Who registered from a different computer, he logged in using mine from time to time. Used his computer as well, and different IP as well. No, I didn't ask him to bid on any of my listings. It's just what they made up to ban the account. As to me — I can not be responsible for whatever the person I referred have done. I din't sign up for that when I referred him. IF YOU REFER TO YOUR FRIENDS AND ANYONE OF THEM BIDS ON YOUR AUCTION — THEY BAN YOU BOTH! EVEN IT'S JUST ONE PERSON WHO DID THAT!!!

They don't have the rule that people you referred can not bid on your auctions. But that is why they ban you. So if you you want to cheat — just don't refer your friends directly from the site) Just ask them to register , get their free credits add buy something from you) Then you can earn as much as you want without being banned)

They don't even bother to explain you why they made the decision to ban you. You know why? Because they can not prove you broke any of those rules. Their aim is not to protect you, but to steal from you. I've put my money into that — shipping the items, giving away my things. And "bums" they ban me. Saying "looks like" you might have broke our rules. It's only their conjecture and they know it. That is why on all of my letters they are giving me the same answers (IF THEY ANSWER, COZ MOST TIMES THEY DON'T). Even that one here is just "ctrl+c" "ctrl+v". And they don't return you the money of course.

BEWARE! If you take that thing seriously and you sell stuff, spend money, refer your friends — they're just wait till you spend enough and ban you so you won't profit! FRAUD!

That's a decent job guys wish you ll the best... Until somebody presses charges) For stealing and fraud!

listiau1
1/23/15

I've been using Listia for a few months now, and have had my ups and downs. I like that they utilize PayPal. I also find the concept of buying/earning credits to use for purchases interesting. There are options to either purchase credits with a credit card - or by checking out sponsor items to earn them...which, from my experience, didn't always work. There are some bugs to work out I guess. It may be a bit degrading to think of it as a "poor man's eBay", because I think there's a lot of potential with this service. There are plenty of bargains to be had in area of "knick-knacks". I've mainly been using it to acquire digital movie codes (no physical media, just the codes), which is usually hard to find on eBay, or anywhere else for that matter. My problems have occurred with sellers who sometimes don't follow through with their obligations. I suppose that can happen through any internet merchant. With Listia, I've had at least a couple of occasions where I bought a digital movie code, and the seller failed to confirm that a physical DVD was required to redeem it, the code was expired, or - after collecting my points - they didn't bother sending the code at all. It takes 5 days for the seller to respond to a complaint and to get credits refunded. On the occasions where I've had a problem, I was able to get a pretty good deal on my purchase - and after the second seller issue arose, I started to wonder: Is the seller refusing to follow through because they want to re-list the item and potentially get more for the sale? Something to keep an eye out for. Seeing Listia reps respond to user issues on SiteJabber is encouraging. So assuming I see improvements in functionality and user experience, I hope to come back and give Listia a higher rating.

Tip for consumers: As with eBay, read the item descriptions CAREFULLY. Ask questions of the seller if something is unclear. If the seller does not respond - BEWARE!

iana19
1/20/15

Well, Listia isn't what I thought it was - what's the point of watching and bidding if you can set a max bid and be outbid by someone who's not technically "watching" the auction? Had one open in my browser for 3 days and saw no activity until I placed a bid, then BAM. Upon bidding the "Current Bid" was 1000 meanwhile it was actually much more than that due to someone placing a "MAX bid". Stupid waste of time and patience and couldn't care less about what the community thinks of this or my actions to have knowledge of the proxy bidding before I tried bidding, Its just Listias way of hyping you up so that you buy credits which I refuse to do until I know first hand that this site is completely legitimate. Gotta love advertising. New users remember, one of life's biggest cliches "Nothing in life is free". I've emailed Listia requesting my account to be deleted and received an email stating that I should wait 2 business days for a reply, and there's a link to check the status of my request, I clicked it and was denied access to my request. So not only does the site suck because the bids aren't live, but also because I actually have to work with the site to remove my account after being suckered into putting all my personal info up. Should I receive phone calls or emails advertising or whatever from this point forward I'll be doing much more blasting than a mediocre review. Stick to Ebay where you don't have to "buy" credits in order to bid and don't get suckered in by the "Free Credits" crap unless you're fully prepared to go through the hassling process of buying credits, bidding, and repeating.

***EDIT***: I have now been through the emailing process of requesting my account deleted FOUR times and my account is still up, they claim they cannot access my account to delete it and keep asking me to log back in and send new requests and now this clown beneath me is talking to me like I'm technologically declined and I'm not about to work with you to get things done, bud. I'll check back in a few days or so. You and your site are not worth the time. I'll worry about it more when I receive any unwanted advertising. <n|m o_O m|n>

Tip for consumers: Stick with Ebay, you need a credit card to purchase credits anyways and Listia won't accept a Visa Debit.
Listia simply has extra step from bidding with a credit card or paypall on Ebay by making you buy and bid with credits and its a total gimmick.
Unless you have good credit and like the idea and concept behind the site, again, stick with Ebay and real currency.

timothyb43
1/17/15

Listi a is okay to use but I have had some issues and some activities people do on listi a are against our rights and the law I've had some good and bad times but overall its ok I don't think its ok It could be better like there needs to be a set value that the credits have such as 1000 credits equal $1.00 so people are not paying $500 worth of credits to buy a item only worth half that such as if I baught a Xbox one for 500.000 credits I'd have to pay nearly $500 to buy those credits also they need to have professional trained admins on the site also the address thing is a huge issue for example a guy signs up for listia and lives in a public housing with public wife and the ip is the same as other ppl so say there's 8 apartments and they have listi a accounts listi a will delete them now that needs to be fixed I live in one of these places and 14 apartments use the same ip also the household thing is not fair I lived in a house where i shared the kitchen and bathroom and living room with other ppl but paid for my own room I was my own household and the other people were there own household but because listia has a rule 1 account per address this is really a bummer to people listi a needs a page where u file a application and show that u get mail at that address and needs to make exceptions for people who live in places like this no wonder listi a has a 2 star rating if you would just take these few simple steps listia you would have better reviews and more customers

Tip for consumers: This site is ok but needs work by the owners its up to you to check it out I wouldn't say no or yes

jessicah52
1/9/15

I agree with a lot of the reviews.They suspended me with no warning and in the real world people deserve a warning first.I was a member since April 2014 and had 100% all positive not even a neutral rating with no complaints or anything.and I had over 28,000 credits that I will never be able to use now and I worked so hard for them and Listia said "The reason for the ban is:- Multiple accounts"

so I wrote them and said "This is not right .I go to log in and it says my account is suspended so I log in to my email to see what listia said and they said "The reason for the ban is:- Multiple accounts" how is that.I only had 1 account so I don't know how listia came to that.Please let me know what the account was cause I only had 1.I never did anything wrong.I followed all the rules so for listia to say I did/had something that I didn't is just an out right lie and wrong.I guess listia can ban people for unjust reasons and it is ok.I must have answers please.I worked hard and followed all the rules for my points and then to see that I am banned just makes me want to to cry to think I wasted all that time and energy for nothing.Thanks for nothing.I must know which other account or accounts you think are mine.You know in the REAL world people have a right to know things that they are falsely being accused off."

and they said

"Thank you for contacting us MizzDigby.

It appears the account in question received a full account suspension due to an account already being opened by this person."

Then I said

"could you please tell me what other account you all think was mine.I never had another account.That was my 1 and only account and it makes me want to cry that people think I am doing that and closing my only account when I love listia and wouldn't do anything to brake any rules.

Then they said

"You previously had an account under the username Freebie_Queen."

so I said

"I do not have that name.I closed that account a long long time ago cause of stuff happening with my family and other stuff and I never had time for it and thought I would never return then I decided to return to listia so I created that new name.I though it would be ok since that account was shut down and I didn't have access to it anymore.I have heard of people doing that without problems.I love listia and am very sad that I can't use it.Please help me out I would love to return.I am not a rule breaker and would never do anything against listia rules.I mean I had that mizzdigby account since April 2014 without any problems till now.If all this was a concern then how come it didn't happen till almost 9 months later.I had 100% perfect feedback without any problems or complaints from any member so why now does listia see me as a problem when there are underage scammers who should be removed but get to stay when me someone who follows all the rules without problems gets removed.I see that as a big deal."

Now I am just waiting for reply from this unfair site.

UPDATE:I contacted that Tom person who commented to my review and I said

"You comment on my listia review saying I didn't send stuff but I sent everything and I had no idea that was why that account was closed.If I had known then I would have tried to fix it and make it right but now I can't cause I don't know who bought what cause that account was closed.I would need there info to fix the problems.When the account was opened I sent everything.I am not a rule breaker and I asked listia to close that account cause I was having problems and home and didn't have time for listia and thought I wasn't going to come back and that is why I thought the account was closed not the non-delivery thing.I love listia and would never do anything wrong there.I heard of people leaving and then later returning so I thought it would be ok.I didn't know it would get me in trouble for multiple accounts.I am sorry for any problems I may have caused.

So were do I go from here?

Are you telling me that I can never return to listia?"

so I will see what they say and the I have yet to hear back from email from the other Mod.This site not helpful at all.

Tip for consumers: I would watch out for them cause if you are honest and follow all the rules then they may remove you to.They have there favorites that can get away with everything and still get to stay when people who follow all the rules and don't do anything wrong get removed without warning so if you want to waste your time and energy and maybe money then this is the site for you.

razv2
1/8/15

hi
am a member of listia sinsce 6 months. i loved this site verymuch. i got 100%feedback untill 1/5/2015. everyone enjoting new year but am very sad. i reffered 9 members to listia. in that 7 memebers r joined and lefted. because they are not intrested because of silly rules. after that my sisters heard about listia how am enjoying in this site, they joined with my reference. and they auctioned some auctions. but some of fruad people in listia flagged their auctions with out any reason and listia remooved their all auctions so they feel sad and asked me u said about this site is good but it is a waste of site , so i helped them to how to list the auction. in this reason listia suspended my account without any reason and without any explanation. my sisters stays in different countries. when i cotacted listia then they said first am having multiple accounts so my account remooved. then explained everything then listia said i transferred my credits to them and i taken credits from them. then i said to listia u can check my account clearly i never transferred any credits and never taken. i just got credits by referral. and now listia is not responding just like that. i did lot of hardwork to earn credits i auctioned some items and i completed surveys and offers so i have now nearly 100,000 credits. but listia taken all credits and suspended my account without any legal reason. now i got it why all people are saying listia is a scam and cheater. when i was first heared about listia like these things i thought they are lieing but now i realised how listia can cheat people with their emotions. what are u say about my account now listia? if listia really helpful site to people then understand their problems first then take any actions. i contacted several times listia customercare but i didnt get any reply after explaining everything. now i lost my account and my credits also those are 100,000 credits. and i won some auctions and i didnt get them and some people won my auctions but i cant send them now.

Tip for consumers: be aware if u join listia then dont refer any freinds otherwise u get banned

rebeccap4
1/6/15

It seems like most items posted on this site get lots of bids rather quickly. Every thing I have tried to get from here has gone up to several thousand points and I end up not being able to get it. In order to get points you have to list items which means finding something you can part with that someone else would want, taking pics of them, writing descriptions, mailing them (which includes paying to send them if you offer free shipping). If you want to get items and don't have things to list then you have to pay for points or sign up for free trials of things and such to get points. The whole point of using listia is because you can get free stuff. But, if you have to sign up for things and pay for bids it's not free. I was looking for some yarn on there and the bids went from a couple hundred to a couple thousand in a few hrs. and it still had 5 days left. By the time it was done I would have had to buy points to get the yarn and I may as well just go out and buy yarn if I have to do that, cause it's no longer free. I wouldn't spend $20 on bids just to try and get yarn or a shirt or something when I could end up being outbid and waste the money. May as well just go to the store and buy stuff for that amount and actually get the item. If you have lots of things to part with and want to take the time to list them then it would be worth using the site. If not then it's pretty much not worth it. So annoying how everything goes up to thousands of points and you can't get anything unless you've listed a bunch of stuff that and/or spent money to get loads of points.

Tip for consumers: If you want to get items from here you need to have items to list that people will want. So, first you need to gather up some things and list them to earn points or spend the money and buy points because you will need loads of them to get things. All of the listings seem to go to thousands of points fast.

reigns
1/5/15

I'm about to close my listia account due to too many grasping, lying, manipulative and cheap members. I spend hours of my time, and a lot of money hand making the baby items i list, which I can otherwise sell for a decent profit on etsy or eBay, but I try to be a good person and offer my items for credits, rather than cash. I've never asked for more than 5000 credits for my items, and never sold them for more than 8000. They are professional, show-quality pieces. They're sold elsewhere as newborn photography props. I've seen cheaper knock-offs sell for 78000 or more. However, I'm not greedy. I'd rather help someone in need than get credits. What bothers me is how buyers see a quality item, which is already listed at a severely low price with free shipping, and then either offer an insultingly low GIN, or send private messages for a custom order, wait until the item is made, then message that they don't have credits, and try to manipulate me to just send them the item for free. It's disgusting! So, after my current auctions end (which already have bids, so I can't close them) I'm deleting my account, and never looking back.

Tip for consumers: Dont bother.

amberb23
1/5/15

I can't get enough of this site. I win stuff on listia and turn around and sell it on ebay! The best part about this site is that you spend credits, not money. You can get credits by doing surveys or giving things away. Many newbies thinl they don't have to send the item... Actually, they won't get any credits until the winner says they recieved it.

racheln14
12/28/14

I dropped Listia pretty quick because after getting hosed on shipping for a stuffed purse auction I decided it just wasn't worth it. My husband is housebound though and collects coins so he has stayed with it a while longer. Listia's rules for listings are in a constant state of flux. He had extras of a dollar coin (he won the extras on Listia) so he listed the ones he didn't need to fill up his album. One auction was removed by Listia for being an 'illegal' auction. The other two (same coin, same mint and date) were left up. He has now received notice that his account is suspended because he listed 'illegal' coins that were the same as some he recently auctioned on Listia. I have noticed his account seems to be more carefully reviewed whenever Listia does a promotional credit offer. He also seems to have had increased scrutiny ever since he outbid another member for a coin. Listia has a robust tattletale system where members get badges for reporting 'illegal' auctions even though the rules on the site don't specify in detail what makes a coin 'illegal' or 'collectible', this information is only shared via private message/email from a moderator once you violate the rules and changes depending on the moderator. Most recently he was told only uncirculated coins are allowed never mind that you could probably find a hundred auctions right now for circulated coins on Listia. Listia's end game seems to be to get people to buy credits and then ban them for some supposed violation of the rules so they can keep the credits and the money. Save yourself a headache, if you trade coins go to Numista.

Tip for consumers: Just don't use the site.

allyg1
12/25/14

I am quite disappointed in this site. They admins do not know how to deal with a dispute fairly, and you can easily be scammed. Listian maryjaneblair is a scammed who is rude, and scammed me. Watch out for her. She has a tendency to buy your item and then claim she never got them.

kimm73
12/23/14

Way too many scammers on this site for me. As a newer user it took me a little bit to get the hang of things. I lost out on shipping at first and quickly figured out how to set minimum bids. Instructions on the site can be difficult to find for certain questions. After selling those items, I tried to use my credits. I have bid on and won 7 auctions. To date, I've only received 1 item. 1 is still pending. 5 I had to request refunds of my credits because seller wasn't redponding to me or just never sent item. I would give them plenty of time (in most cases a month) to ship. I left neutral feedback (because the option for negative feedback was disabled) after the latest scammer got $7. of my shipping fees which I had to pay thru pay pal. She wrote back lying saying I didn't read instructions and just paid shipping five days ago and didn't wait 14-21 days for the item. In fact, I had paid shipping over 34 days prior to filing dispute and then waited over 30 days for shipping. There are a few good sellers. The one item I won came with the week of winning the auction. The other I am waiting on was shipped the day after I won auction. These good sellers are few and far between the scammers though. Most other reviews I have read in this site are also true.

meredithm5
12/20/14

Listia is a scam for sellers. Living in Canada I cannot provide tracking. It costs too much. So I state as much, as Listia asks me to. Well, I believe the buyer thinks it is quite alright to claim they never received an item. And I have paid REAL $S to ship it to them. Then they want their points back, but do they have to send the item back to me---NO!--This doesn't seem to be a Listia policy, as it is on eBay or Etsy. This site is NOT FREE! FOR THE SELLERS IT COSTS A FORTUNE. As of this moment, it is no longer in my life.Write your review to help others learn about this online business

Tip for consumers: SCAM. COSTS SELLER MONEY.

at399
12/20/14

Lista fixes bids!I bid on an item up to the last second which was like 3:30 but they let someone win who haden't bid since 2:30 according to there own bid listing mind you!!That side is a waste of time.And on top of it to many people on there playing games I had someone who won my auction but they never would give me a real name to send it to so they never got it.Sounded to shady!!Sorry to say I will leave Lista it's not right.

Tip for consumers: Be careful.

brianc69
12/20/14

Listia is a good site but the moderators def are lacking, they post rules and then choose to break them for some members I recently had a dispute with a seller , cuz item was not item sent and Listia rules that seller has 7 days to give them the verified address , meanwhile 14 days past with numerous emails to Listia and only 1 response and that was that seller had til nov 26th deadline or credits would be refunded automatically to me ( which was 9 days after the 1st message said 7 days) then , wow, Listia claims that they had address in time but didnt give it to me so I was out the shipping I paid seller and my shipping paid to send back item... Okay now the 2nd and current dispute: I listed 2 sets of headphones and the winner did gin deal for both and in winners own words the items were as described but 1 of them smelled a little like smoke and he cant use them, he even sent message stating he understood if I didnt refund cuz he should have asked in 1 of the many messages. Then he opens dispute anyways and of course very quickly listia ruled in his favor , even though in policies it say to bidders to make sure before bidding that you want item and you know what you are ghetting.
So now after paying 12 bucks for 1st dispute in shipping and 21 bucks on the latest 1 I am screwed again , I have to relist them when I get them back and pay more shipping. Listia tied up my credits in 1t issue for 3 half weeks so who knows what this 1 will bring. They def seem to have they're favorites here and opt to bend rules in they're favor and not once in mine favor, even though the rules say both times should have .

Tip for consumers: use with caution and dont expect miracles

seanb40
12/20/14

Holy crap. This is some bs on this free site. They scam you as much as possible. Their support team is inexperienced. Doesn't know how the site runs. Or doesn't like it when you're right and they're wrong. They closed my account for some fake bs. When I was an experienced user. NEVER USE IT NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU THINK IT IS. THEY EVENTUALLY CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT DOWN.

casieo1
12/20/14

I lost over 400,000 credits and was banned for something I was suspended over months ago and haven't done since . It was weird. I got online to find I was banned. I have been harassed by a moderator and I even filed a complaint but nothing went from it.
I've had my life threatened more than once by scammers and Listia didn't remove them
They put in a new policy of no digital items which is my creative side. The day after the policy took effect and I listed stuff, they were all deleted with no explanation . Then 7 day suspension . I complained to the moderator whom then began to Harrass me. It only provoked him once I filed the complaint then I was banned.

I'm looking to file harassment charges against moderator Taz
And will see what an attorney says about them not protecting members from threats

Tip for consumers: If you suffer from anxiety or stress don't sign up! Most of my neutral feedback is because I didn't ship for free but that's not what they write
The problem is, that's all you see . You can't see my remark to their complaint
Moderator abuse their power. They know we need them

morgans25
12/16/14

Love the site, hate the so called 'Support Team.' 100% useless, unprofessional and vindictive (they don't like it when you prove them wrong).

Opened a request about a month ago about getting a slanderous comment removed, even had proof that the comment wasn't true, but Listia refused. A couple of weeks later they remove some of my auctions and suspend my seller account stating, "(My) auctions are slanderous and (they) don't allow slander."

Then there's the whole incident involving a seller who didn't know how to properly ship her item and I had proof and still got my account suspended, seller was never asked to provide proof, they just sided with her. Said, it was okay to suspend my account for suspicious activity even though I provided photo evidence. After I had paid for the shipping for the item that arrived 'Postage Due' the Listia contract was null-and-void, per Listia policy, which means they officially had no jurisdiction over the transaction, yet they still suspended my account.

Listia policy is a joke and, no matter what it says, Listia 'staff' doesn't give a damn about its users. They will copy and paste whatever vague policy guideline they think answers your question just to get you off their back (trust me, I've had multiple duplicate answers to the same request from different people because they only read the topic line and legitimately nothing else).

I've won some great things on the site, but lately, due to the integrity of the sellers, in general, and Listia's 'Support Team's' inability and lack of interest in doing something about it, I've become more and more unsatisfied with the site and actually find myself using it less and less.

Tip for consumers: Use the site at your own risk, and, if you do, think twice about opening a Support Ticket because their entire 'team' is full of $#*! (like Tom F).

jonathann9
12/15/14

I think the site is great. There are a few hiccups that need to be addressed but overall it is a nice place to bid on things you want but don't have the money for. I found things around the house I don't use anymore and decided to post them and to my surprise I got good bids. I complete offers for credits as well and with the auctions of things I don't need and the completed offers I was able to buy many things. Even sold a cell phone I don't use anymore for 200k credits which I paid 2k credits for on Listia. Of course I had to fix the broken screen and unlock it but hey that is a 198k credit increase than what I paid. That is awesome!!

Tip for consumers: Don't try to come on scamming and have multiple accounts because it is easy to track your IP and figure out you are bidding on your own auction to boost credits.. Regards jonathannagel1

amandat31
12/13/14

I think Listia is Awesome. Of course let me say that I have lost a lot of bids. First off just because It says 2000 is the item doesn't mean that someone hasn't upped their bid to 2500 but It won't show that on the page or who outbid you until it ends. I don't sell many things on their I do a lot of watching videos and offers. I was able to get a bunch of nice things for people for gifts. I don't refer much people to listia. If you get banned than it's either one of two things someone got mad at you on Listia and flagged your account or 2 you may have a conflict with the Listia always send an email to Listia If so. Course I have always recieved the items I won but those that do not send out items should be banned indefinitely. I think It's important to talk to the winner of the auction they won from you, Get Verified, Facebook,phone,twitter. Give Listia a second chance. Friend me on their or fan me. I personally think being banned from others Auctions though is kind of like saying I don't like you and I don't want you to bid. You may get blocked If you comment on an auction saying you can find that same item elsewhere If you don't win. I have done it once and found out that the person banned me from her auctions. I was trying to be nice and she wanted a higher auction price so I guess she didn't want my credits.

Tip for consumers: Get Verified,
Don't make more than 1 account per household.
If a friend wants to use your address for Listia do not let them do it,Report them for fraud.
Be Honest about what you List because details matter,
Communicate with Listia and Buyers,sellers, Is Key.
Be active and sell items.
Get paypal account to use for Listia no Western Union payments.
Do Not press Got it at the area of the screen where you have your verified address until you have the item.
The Listers will not get credi

bethn8
12/12/14

I have been on listia about 10 months , I Love It, like any website you have to use your smarts, read litia rules, ask questions, I have won over 200 Auctions, held over 60 and yes I have come in contact with some odd not so fun people less than a hand full out of 1000s, for the most part people are on there to have fun, like in life you win some you loose some, Winning or loosing I'm not sure sometimes on Listia what one is actually more fun. If you go into it to have fun,you will have a plastic, the few people you may come across there is a womdefull little button withe the letters BLOCK, just touch it and you have invited them to your block party, any misunderstandings, there is always a Listia Official to settle them,I have always found them to be very fair. No matter what critics say YOU can choose to spend money or not too, It is all up to you!!! Again, I LOVE my Listia, you can too, just don't take it all so serious, its only points and meant to be fun, Oh, and some of the stuff is amazing, I won an auction a man had on there for an employee handbook for NASA, specifically for the communication engineers, My father was one of those engineers, years ago he had a stroke but always missed his days at the Cape, (Fl.) I won that Auction and gave that handbook to him today along with some extra pictures and things the gentlemen sent, him knowing my father worked for them, Today was one of the first times I saw my father brake down and cry, I thank Listia for that!!!

Tip for consumers: My tip would be have fun, strategize, and enjoy, and remember you cant always win,

bettiea
12/11/14

There is a woman on Listia who cheated me out of my first auction I did on there. I won an auction for a necklace and sent $3,97 for shipping. She never sent the necklace and I lost my shipping money because I waited for the necklace too long and PayPal only lets you wait so long. I checked her name on Listia and she does this a lot to people. In my world this is fraud and she is getting a lot of money cheating people out of their shipping money, I don't understand why Listia continues to let her do this to people. Why don't they ban her from selling on Listia? It was the first thing I bid on and now I am auctioning things on Listia, but I treat people with respect and don't cheat anyone.

Tip for consumers: This woman sells cheap necklaces on Listia, cheats you out of your money for shipping, it is always $3.97 and she will not answer your emails. Beware of her.

btcb
12/10/14

You asked for it, so here you are, a big #$@! and one star because i can't give less. My account was banned due to "Funneling credits". I don't even know what that means and i cannot find it in the terms eighter. I've solt one product to a friend to have one single positive feedback. So now i've lost tge credits and the account. Well, keep on doing what you do, i bet your site will be down in notime ;) Bye

Tip for consumers: A tip for outsiders? KEEP OUT! You might wake up to an e-mail stqting that all your credits were taken and the account banned!

erical11
12/8/14

A friend of mine told me about this and recommend I try it out. She said it was a great site and she got a lot of neat stuff on there for free basically. So, I sign up cause I'm basically poor and at first, everything was cool, I didn't have enough credits to buy or bid on most of the things I liked but when I would bid on something I would always be outbid, which is a common thing except it would never show who kept bidding, it would have the first person who outbid me and the time stamp but that would never change even though every time I bid, I would be outbid by 10 credits, even when I would bid most of my credits, I would still somehow be outbid by 10, like it was a computer outbidding me. This happened to me numerous times and eventually, I just quite bothering with the site. No point in being on there when I apparently, keep being outbid by some invisible force.

tiffanyp12
12/7/14

Screw Listia! The admins are complete jerks and buyers screw sellers all of the time! I have spent over $50 on shipping items free to buyers and the buyers are ungrateful thieves who are out to steal your item and your credits. One buyer who stole my item, my credits and the money I spent on shipping has a history of scamming people out of designer purses and crying to lisita that they never got their item. Seriously, they have left over 88 negative feedbacks for sellers saying they never got their item. Listia of course sided with the scammer even though I provided proof of shipping the item and now I am out the shipping costs, the value of the item, and my credits. And one ungrateful buyer cried to Listia that an item I sold them as new in package is not new because it has a goodwill price sticker on it. Um, hello, Goodwill sells brand new items too! I'm sure Listia will give the idiot their credits back so AGAIN I will lose my item, my shipping money, and my credits. Forget that. Do not sell items on Listia unless you want to be screwed by the evil Listia admins and ungrateful buyers!

Tip for consumers: Do NOT sell items on Listia! Buyers are out to scam you and Listia will side with them and you will lose your items, your credits, and your shipping money! See the receipt in the picture? Yeah, the idiot complained to Listia that I never sent their item and Listia gave them their credits so the person stole my item and my credits! Not to mention the $3.58 I spent on shipping!

maryb140
12/7/14

They allow minor children to do commerce to falsely inflate their enrollment numbers to sell ads, listia is run with no integrity, I do not believe they should allow "FU" bumper stickers, porn and knives to be sold to 8 years old from facebook, this site needs to be shut down and the people running it need to be arrested for fraud among other things. After I out this posting up, they suspended from their site, they stole over 118,000 of my credits. Go look up the lawsuit, where they had to pay for almost $200,000 in back pay for their employees, that tried to pay in their devalued "credits" and or called them volunteers, the people running this site are thieves from another country, they need to go the prison.

Tip for consumers: The problem with this site is they allow children on it, and there is no accountability for bad behavior. You can sell knives and guns and even porn magazines and allow children to purchase them. This site needs to be shut down.

margeb2
12/3/14

These people suspended my account for NO reason and took THOUSANDS of dollars of my credits!!! I had 100% feedback and never had a complaint from ANYONE. This is GRAND LARCENY. These people belong in JAIL. And don't bother telling me to contact customer support, they are the biggest frauds of all!!

farkelr
12/2/14

I have been Listia Member for 3 years, I have 5000 FB, 100% Positive

NOW for some reason, a few weeks before Christmas, Listia revokes my credits privilages. No explanation, no warning.

When I asked them why, they said credits before shipping were a Privilages and they could revoke them for any reason. I have had no negative reviews, no complaints, no holds against my account WTF listia?

I'm out. The moderators like to bully the users.

Tip for consumers: Play here if you want, but don't put your heart into it.

matts73
12/2/14

This site just really sucks now, they're inflating the price to the point where most people are leaving. They're also kicking off loyal users. They will find a reason to ban you and you will get no compensation for the items you sold. I seriously think all that needs to be done is for a group of people that's been screwed over by these communist Chinese $#*!s is to file a class action law suit against them. Stay away from this site... they make amazon and ebay look amazon.

rickk31
12/1/14

I have been on listia now for 2yaers almost and at first it was an awesome and addicting site but as time has passed and LISTIA has grown it now has turned to all about money, the admin never answer their"support"tickets. The admin are the only ones to win the new stuff in the rewards store because the can give themselves as many credits as they want. The admin make extra accounts, and nothing can be done about it. And now the prices have doubled ever tripled in the rewards store since admin is the only ones with credits they get all the new stuff. One admin admitted to winning a tv from best buy, I put in a support ticket and it went unanswered. I'm spending all my credits and leaving that site and spreading to the worldwideweb to NOT use this scamming site.

Tip for consumers: DONT USE IT. STOP WHILE YOUR AHEAD, YOU DONT NEED ANOTHER STRESSOR IN YOUR LIFE AND THATS WHAT LISTIA DOES. CAUSE STRESS

marwas
12/1/14

Listia.com website is ultimate dodger and charlatan. Its mechanism fib and fallacious auctions to bid. Their target dissimulating it is real in order to steal your stuff by instigate you selling your item gives you credits and points to bid on another stuff and items throughout the website. Then you submit it and few days ago, your items being sold and you being granted the (veneer) credits. That is it. your items sold away for nothing. Your shoddy credits are useless even if it is one billion or so. It doesn't work by this scam website's software.
This bandit website is used to embezzle no money but diverse and variable products.
Don't be victim and oaf by this mobster and gangster such website and don't let these meretricious and flamboyant campaigns to deceive you. It is definitely scam. And all business websites are scammmmmmmmm. That is what I tell you to save your time from any obsession and thought to enroll in any minute of your life at any one of whatever any business website. Same traits and lascivious characters.

Tip for consumers: Dangerous, don't approach.

gregoryd16
11/27/14

i have been on listia for over year and can say that people dont use the credits like cash they spend far more in credits for a item than they would ever spend in cash its just like e bay in the sense that people with lots of credits will use spend far more credits than the item is worth just to win because they dont think of the credits as cash

Tip for consumers: many times sellers make private deals with buyers of the site also you see a lot of junk on the site that you would never see on e bay also like e bay there are many fake items on the list there is little protection for buyers unlike e bay where you are protected

laurene4
11/18/14

I've gotten a lot of great things from Listia. Things I would have probably paid a lot of money for on ebay, so in that respect, I love the site. It gets expensive giving out free shipping when listing your own auctions, but I think the costs I've paid for shipping are kind of an exchange for the cool stuff I've received. Now, there IS a ghetto section of Listia that makes me cringe. Almost everything in the 'Digital Delivery' section is ridiculous. They should only allow gift cards. Period. I've seen what looks like 16 year old girls listing 'PICS OF ME' and crappy wallpapers and recipes you could get from google in three seconds. It's really creepy and makes me ashamed to share the site with others.

kaim22
11/11/14

I am reviewing Listia.com so you don't spend your time and energy on it like I have done. It is being penny wise and pound foolish with your time and your life. I at first thought it was a fun and creative way to 'trade' products that couldn't easily be sold on eBay, but have had some bad experiences. It is like the Wild West, with no rules or regulations and people who take advantage of you. They will draw you in by giving you some 'free' points but, believe me, nothing is free.

They use a point system, where the points to 'win' something can skyrocket, but the value is not a given and some sellers are offering 'samples' - you know, the samples given out free in stores - appear to be full size bottles rather than samples because of the way they are photographed, appearing to be bigger than they are. Then you are spending the equivalent of what you would spend by walking into a drugstore and simply buying a full-size product! Sellers hustle you by making you think you're bidding on something you're not by not answering questions - and if you bid, you'll find yourself winning a tiny little sample and if you object, you are in the hands of an anonymous 'moderator' with no recourse once he/she makes his/her decision for or against you if you think you have been wronged (I have been on both sides of this equation and in both instances, I have lost money. For example, someone send me something defective... I had paid for the shipping through Paypal and could never recover it.) There is truly nothing free on this site...the points ARE money and you can buy points on Paypal.)

Or people send you things without tracking and if you don't have your exact "verified" address, the "moderators" will side with them if something gets lost. There is no phone number on the site - at ALL, no one to call... unlike eBay or Amazon, yet real money is exchanged. One can pays for shipping very often, if that is what the seller wants. There are all sorts of ways to lose money on this site and no recourse or appeal. These cranky sellers insist "no buyer's remorse" as a way of passing off a complaint against the shock at receiving a tiny sample they have misrepresented as a fuller bottle by photographing it so you can't read the print and not answering questions. There is all sorts of crankiness represented. This is a site where people create stuffed purses full of samples - I suppose this is interesting in terms of trading, a kind of DIY culture, especially female (I'm female, this is not a dis, women stuffing purses with hair products, maybe stay-at-home moms). I love trading, but not cheating! This is great but only if one is one the up-and-up in terms of value. But there is no way of evaluating true 'worth' on this site. What is a dollar? What is $10? There is also no way to withdraw a bid. There is inconsistency throughout the site, i.e some people sell used makeup, other used makeup products are withdrawn. There is no true set of rules for moderators. It is arbitrary. And no way to appeal.

There is a lot of junk on here - in terms of what is offered. After spending a lot of useless hours and wasting, I would say, about $100... and countless hours... worth far more than that... I wish I had just gone to Target or CVS and bought what I needed. The worse part was realizing that some people really feel okay about sending you a sample and feeling okay about receiving the equivalent of $8.00 or so for it. And saying 'no buyer's remorse.' These are middle-American moms, such as Rebecca 3910 on Listia (below) who proudly portrays her young son at the beach, who is a scammer at heart. I thought there was some integrity left but everyone's trying to make a buck.

Tip for consumers: Don't get drawn in by the free points they give you to start!

susanb64
11/6/14

I won an auction in September, communicated w/seller, transferred $4.75 to her PayPal account for shipping. Seller acknowledged, sent tracking number, which did not work. Item never arrived, I contacted Listia who transferred the credits back to my account. My inquiries regarding the $4.75 shipping were ignored. They have a good idea but lousy customer service.

Tip for consumers: Only bid on items w/free shipping. Listia will protect your credits, but not your actual money.

renew14
11/4/14

I just "sold" my first item on listia.. what a joke! It was a $30.00 item that "sold" for 2,900 credits, which by my math is less than $4.00. Then I had to pay the postage $13.50... wow.. I just paid money to give my item away.. what a waste of my time. Don't bother

Tip for consumers: Calculate and really understand the points system, so you don't waste your time and your money

theresat4
11/3/14

I love it but offering Free Shipping to the buyer all the time is SUPER expensive to the seller. When I list my items without offering "Free Shipping" they don't do well. Wish I knew how to sell but not go in dept with the shipping cost.

Tip for consumers: I've had to deal with rude people too. Don't let the bad outweigh the good.

juliem67
10/26/14

I Joined Listia August 1, 2014 and now i'am a certified LISTIA addict its happy to Shop without using any Money i received many Packages almost everyday this Site helps me a lot saving Money everything you need is here Shoes,Clothes,Jewelry,Phones,Tablets and many more just for FREE!!!! Highly Recommended for Everyone who want's to save a lot of $$$$$ Come and Join for FREE!!! https://www.listia.com/signup/7049814 Copy paste this Link to the Web search to sign up for FREE!

muhammadh6
10/25/14

I have sell about more than 100 products and was able to collect around 100,000 credits so that I could bid on something big. First I was only unable to bid but now I am unable to login as well. My account was banned with reason "Funneling credits". I assure them that I have only 1 account and also asked them to please let me know that what they had identified and give me a chance to prove my innocence but no reply yet received. I have done lot of hard work to market my products and encouraging users to bid on my products through various blogs etc and now my account is suspended when the time has come to spend those credits. I asked them to kindly reactivate my account or tell me what I should do so that my account would be activated but no reply yet received. With the help of this site I hope I could get a reply.

Tip for consumers: Use your credits as soon as possible.

ariadnag1
10/22/14

This site used to be a good site with honorable people where you rarely got cheated but they've changed their policies in a way that benefits "new" users who want to scam you and since you can't leave negative feedback, they can bully and harass and then leave "neutral" feedback that leaves a permanent stain on your record. And support is a joke. They just give you canned answers and don't do anything for their loyal users that helped them grow to who they are now.

emh4
10/21/14

Been trying to get ADMIN to release my credits with no consistent real reason why they are being held. Up until last week they were being released on a daily basis. I have many badges and 100% + FB. I am a trusted seller and buy frequently when i find something. In the last 4 days they have held 98% of my credits and released 2 items, making no sense because the credit values and n no way comparable to what's being held. Some are higher, some lower. So holding credits because they are high value items makes no sense. Completion rate? what is that? How can a person bid on items if they are holding credits? A weekend is a busy time! If the past shows them being released and NOW they are holding them, WHY? ADMIN, are you reading this? I get no constant answer from any HELP desk person. I feel the run around for no apparent reason.
And, I ask questions in my support tickets that no one answers. WHY?

lisah88
10/16/14

davidb229
10/15/14

I already tried contacting Customer Support and submitting a BBB complaint and got no help so hopefully this will work. Someone hacked my account and used most of my credits. While I was in the process of straightening this out, my account was suspended. I had 100% positive feedback and 2 million credits that I literally cannot afford to lose as this is my only job now. Please help me get my account back.

stephanieb35
10/15/14

I've been enjoying Listia since I found it! So far I've been happy with the items that were sent to me and I've also had good luck with folks buying from me! I am happy with listia it is a fun place you should join me here!
Yes you have to pay attention to what you are buying and read all discriptions of the items. I always do research on the item I'm bidding on so I don't spend more than what it's worth. Other than that Love it something to do to get great things I need.

Tip for consumers: Yes you have to pay attention to what you are buying and read all discriptions of the items. I always do research on the item I'm bidding on so I don't spend more than what it's worth.

jorgez4
10/14/14

It's a scam. If you make any credits, they'll find a BS reason to ban your account. My account got banned for listing "junk items", whichis total BS, but they won't listen to any appeals. I'll never get back my investment of TIME and MONEY that was put into that site. STAY AWAY!

seanc47
10/14/14

i was listing a few xbox 360 games on this site and was being harrassed by a moderator that goes by the name farmgirl not sure what was wrong but each auction i listed she would have something negative to say about it i put 3 pictures of my item and gave all info of damage if any and i also stated that if the issue was not acceptable then i could and would make it as good as new if it was a factor this moderator kept making the statement that i wasnt adding enough info for my auctions if there is nothing wrong then why cant i say slightly used no scratches or never played if that was the case? so i removed my auctions and tried to respond to the moderator with this message --- Moderator Farmgirl Hello, i removed this auction so you wouldn't be worried about the listing and i will contact the administration and find the guidelines i must follow to adhere to your postings on my auctions i guess listia isn't the place for me to give and get free stuff. link to my listings http://www.listia.com/auction/20647501-viking-battle-for-asgard

Tip for consumers: this site will cause anger management problems for you and does nothing but give power to those thyat are mearly seeking a power trip for the riding not knowing i bet the admins would see that this moderator was running people away from using the site instead of assisting the sellers with the needs that show a problem

chrisl80
10/14/14

Seller refund credits,still got NEGATIVE FB from buyer and Listia NEVER have contact/support in place( like normal business practice??).It is one way street,people!.Nice to have freecycle-oriented site but beware!

Tip for consumers: Beware of freeloader want free ship for things that already free?

pattyn5
10/2/14

I have used this site for over a year now. At first I was addicted but as time went by that feeling gave way to basic anger of the way Listia solves problems They send generic answers to problems that do not solve anything. For instance when an auction is closed and nothing has been resolved they send these generic answers that cannot help you because its closed and there are NO buttons that work to click on F#!*&^(*) very frustrating to say the least my credits they never credited me for was also given to me as a FU we did too Never did a human take a calculator to see they did screw me!!! Never did I get anything/problem solved with satisfaction!!! They never credited me for 3 of my auctions I held (total was around 7000) Plus 2 people ripped me off my shipping payments ($5.00) All this has sucked the fun out of Listia for me

shawnaf1
9/29/14

Horrible customer service, and sellers, didn't receive a product and they refused to refund my credits that I bought. They suck and I am contacting the BBB

emilyv13
9/24/14

The site itself is OK but can lag. Its great to get rid of stuff but there are way too many rude free loaders on there. You are willing to give your stuff away for free but still ppl complain you are also not shipping it for free! Seriously the rude comments left on my auctions regarding shipping is giving me serious doubt's I will contine listing me items. I may just be a bidder from now on....

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Listia staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Why can't my friends of Facebook bid on any of my actions? When he bid on one of mine is said deleted fraud activity or something like that. How can it be Fraud if they say post on there so more people can bid on your action!? He wanted it & is a friend so he wanted to bid so I don't understand that. Can anymore help? Is it going to cause a problem for the both of us?
8/31/13
mimm1
A: Can you delete a comment you made by mistake?
6/3/12
Add your answer
Q: do you get paid in cash on your auctions when you list on listia :
1 day ago
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Listia staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

16 Photos for Listia