US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ediet

I mainly sell beads and jewelry making supplies and I turn around my credits and buy all sorts of things for my family! (in 134 reviews)

katev7

i like listia, have used it almost a year, but the nasty people are just ruining it. (in 102 reviews)

jodiem18

I have sold and "bought" many items on it and overall, I've been very happy with it. (in 84 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

daisyj6
6/30/15

i tried to log into listia today,my name on the account is littlekaratedaisy. and it says my account is " no longer active " then i tried to log in again later, and it said " your account is suspended " what does this mean,why did it happen, and i need to log on, i have lots of credits on their,and i have an auction going on right now that ends in 1 or 2 days....i will end up getting negative feedback just cause listia " suspended my account " for how long? i dont know. thats why im ticked off. please unsuspend my account. thanks.

robertw156
6/30/15

A huge inflation in listia. Used to be 1,000 credits = $1 all the way to 5,000 credits = $1

Lol no thank you :)

mikeb190
6/29/15

Listia is absolutely pitiful!

Not only the fact that you are free to get scammed on there, but their customer service is $*!%.

It was 11 PM last night when I was trying to get into my normal Listia account. I had not been on in a few days. I forgot the password and was locked out of my email. I decided to create a new account . Shortly thereafter, I started bidding, won several new items and tried to verify my address for shipping.

I waited nearly a whole hour for my address to be verified. I finally got an email that my address was declined. I was pissed off so I decided to submit a request. I detailed my situation and after another hour of waiting, I received another email thatmy account was suspended.

Listia is a joke. They actually track your IP Address so that you can't create another account. Isn't that illegal? LISTIA SHOULD BE SUED!

To hell with Listia! Their customer service center is probably full of high school drop outs who are inept at responding to people's emails. Listia is a joke. Don't use it.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE IT!

melaniep14
6/26/15

For all the people listia had scam, discretieded, wasted their time, money, and effort, ; they need to be sued. Listia doesn't abide by their own terms of service so I don't know why they would expect any one else to.

bb96
6/16/15

J.M.'s story is so typical. Listia freely suspends members under the pretense of violating their TOS but they steal from those members, retaining the credits those members have earned.

Having earned those credits for "selling" items, Listia is, in effect withholding wages from its suspended members. (Perhaps the DOL - Department of Labor - might be interested in hearing about that!)

Their TOS are so loose that good members can be suspended if other not-so-good members report them, yet scamming members use inappropriate language, sell items they don't own, items that are illegal (counterfeit, etc.) or otherwise verbally attack members.

Scammers are free to hide comments and block members from contacting or flagging their listings, ultimately resulting in other buyers not getting what is expected.

At least sites like iOffer don't pretend to be "honest." People who shop on iOffer know they're buying from scammers!

Listia pretends to have rules but they don't enforce them.

I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND LISTIA!

ETA: Since Listia hasn't yet responded, I'd like to ask another question of Tom since he's so diligent in explaining and defending Listia.

Please explain why Listia would be allowed to keep credits either earned or purchased by members after those members' accounts are suspended? Those members own those credits!

jm151
6/15/15

Been an active Listia user for over a year. Even applied to be a mod believe it or not! Used to love the site, now I am starting to believe its a scam! Not only have I followed the rules, but I would actually go out of my way to make sure all my auctions got mailed out a day within their closing. I had 100% positive feedback, lots of badges, etc. I earned 98,000 credits by listing my artwork and other odds and ends. Got scammed out of my auction winnings several times but eventually gave up on trying to get it back. Even had tracking numbers. Listia just didn't care. I spend hundreds of dollars a month sending out my items - and yes, do so willingly as the credits I earn I bid on things for my first baby (like diaper codes, etc), or coins for my hubby's coin collection. Well today, I went to login as I do every day and saw a popup that my account was "suspended." For what? I submitted a support ticket. They replied with a generic response of following the terms of service. I triple checked with a fine tooth comb - did nothing against them. Kept submitting support tickets. Listia still hasn't given me an answer why my account is banned! Got tired of their customer service giving me the run around and files a BBB (Better Business Bureau) report. I totally feel ripped off as I have put so much time into surveys and listing items. The amount of money I have spent shipping items (or paying for items! - that I will NEVER get now) is outrageous. While I used to LOVE Listia....they are now on my crapper list. What a SCAM!

karmas2
6/12/15

JJ is very correct. People sell counterfeits all the time. If you DARE question the seller about authenticity, you are cussed at, the seller attempts to humiliate you, you are blocked AND Listia does nothing to remove the listing.

Instead of reporting listings, I file reports with Homeland Security/FBI who is responsible for counterfeit trafficking (which yes, that's what Listia is)

"Tom" is full of crap. Listia is very unresponsive and bans the 'troublemakers', errrrr I mean those that dare report the counterfeits. In short, they don't care.

Listia is a joke.

Current fakes (found in a quick 5 minute search)
https://www.listia.com/auction/24919069-chanel-bag-please-read-below (which even states they don't know if it's authentic)

Addendum: all the above listings, which are painfully obviously COUNTERFEIT, are still up despite reporting. See how pro-active Listia is?

jj155
6/11/15

Not sure what happened to my original review. Seems it has poofed.

As to this: "Despite what you think, Listia does not allow counterfeit bags."

It is not what I think. It is what I KNOW to be true. I used to report every fake LV on the site. Listia used to remove them. Not anymore. They haven't removed them for well over a year.

According to Listia, I was a trouble maker who pointed out the fakes. I and others were booted for trying to prevent people from using their credits on the fake crap. Many users would email me for opinions on bags, because they knew if there was a fake, that it would remain no matter what.

"Listia does not authenticate items on the site, however, we also do not allow the listing of items that aren't 100% authentic."

That is utter BS! The fact that you had at least 2 known bag authenticators on the site that are no longer on the site due to being banned, proves you allow fakes.

Tom, I looked at the LV listings last night. Every item was a blatant Counterfeit.

"We simply ask users to flag the auction and it will be looked over carefully by our mods."

Every fake LV I ever saw was flagged. Every fake stayed.

If you think your mods know about handbags, you are sadly mistaken.

One of your mods used to email me regularly about LV's. When I would point out why it was fake, she would then tell me "Thanks, but we mods can't remove anything unless we can get the member to admit it's fake."

So yes, Tom, you indeed condone Counterfeits.

"We do our best to ensure only authentic items are listed on our site and we are sorry if you are unhappy with our system."

You do absolutely NOTHING to protect your members from fakes.

I'm not unhappy with your system. I'm DISGUSTED by it!

mayw10
6/11/15

Ok, first of all Listia is a love/hate relationship for me. I love the variety of "free" items and a lot of the community is fun to talk to. Auctions are simple to list, the only thing I would change about that format is that you can only upload one photo at a time, instead of several. I wish ebay would use their listing format!!

Now the bad, Listia is poorly monitored for fraudulent items and unfortunately if they don't do something about it soon, I have a feeling they will be out of business. I have purchased counterfeit coupons off of Listia, provided documentation from the company that they were fake coupons and Listia did nothing to the seller. She went on selling these coupons for months, with no reprimand. What Listia isn't thinking about is that by allowing these on their site, these companies can sue them. So, unless they can start listening to their bidders and allow for a process that allows us to report a seller without bidding on their items, they will be in trouble soon themselves.

I don't spend a ton of time on Listia, maybe a few hours a week, and generally find about 5 scammers a week without trying. Listia needs to monitor their auctions better and educate their buyers and sellers better.

So, if you decide to use Listia, review feedback like crazy! If it sounds too good to be true, it is. If a seller has several auctions with blocked comments, that is also another warning sign.

Please fix your system Listia..

chalmersg
6/11/15

Listia is good in concept, but they are money hungry. When I joined only months ago, you could get 40k credits for $40, about 1000 per dollar. Then they made it where you could get 70k for $40. Then it was 85k for $40. And now its 105k for $40. If you're brand new to the site, this doesn't make a difference. But if you've been selling your stuff for a while and accumulating credits, it's huge.

Every time they raise the per dollar credits, sellers have to raise their prices to compensate, so they're getting the same value for their stuff. And that means any credits I have in savings will buy that much less. For example, I sold a bunch of my DVDs on Listia a while ago and got 30k credits for them (about $30 back then), and I could expect to get about 6-8 new UV codes for that amount. Now those same points are worth less that $12, and I can only buy about 2-3 UV codes, depending on the movie. Why? Sellers have raised their prices on the codes in direct response to Listia's pricing changes.

The more points you have saved, the bigger a loser you will be. All of those savings, are being shaved off a little more day by day as they continue to increase the points-to-price ratio. It strains credibility to think that Listia is not aware of what they are doing here. But hey, it's good for getting more people in the door and making them more money, so who cares about their sellers, right?

So if you plan on making a business out of Listia, forget it. They've made it all but impossible. Listia cannot be trusted to provide a stable economy for business. If you want to use them to make a few sales here and there in the short term and plan to immediately spend your points, it's no big deal. But DO NOT ACCUMULATE POINTS! The more you save, the more you will lose as Listia continues to mess with their prices.

shaylaf
6/2/15

I was sold a counterfiet game that was broken. I was told in order to get my credits back (55,050) I have to pay for return shipping which is $12 which is ridiculous!!! I already provide free shipping on my items and pay out of pocket for credits now they're asking me to pay even more money out of my pocket to get my credits back!! I will gladly return the counterfeit game that is broken I have no problem with that but its ridiculous to ask the customer to pay to get their credits back!! They told me its because a "customer might lie to get their credits back" I sent pictures to prove its broken and they agreed it is broken but I still have to pay to get my credits back!!! I sold a $100 item and now I have to pay even more money to get what is rightfully mine back! If I don't get my credits back I'm contacting the better business bureau!

mohaks
5/30/15

listia staff, stop condemn suspended listia members and write fake untrue reviews.

even I am able to find out which reviews are from a real member and which reviews are staff writing. those who blame suspended people "you are bad and evil and misuse listia so got banned" are staff.

those they love that site are also staff writing.

I just dont get it why listia keeps doing such cheap thing when so many ppl condemn them. they even make fake people answering others who write listia reviews.

if you look clearly, that representative and those good reviews writers are working together to bully people who write bad review to listia.

real people are people who write listia is ripoff. they got suspended. they are unfairly banned.

staff reviews are those LOVE THIS SITE, I LOVE LISTIA. PEOPLE SUSPENDED BECAUSE THEY MISUSE LISTIA

I JOIN SO MANY YEARS NOTHING HAPPEN TO ME! WHY YOU GOT BANNED are also listia staff.

dont know why listia staff not improve their rude remarks but just keep staying on all scam sites and give rude and impolite and unfriendly replies to people who write bad reviews to listia

why people write bad reviews must have their own reasons.

listia never learn, they only condemn people who bad review listia. this is not being wanted. this act from listia staff is highly unwanted.

listia staff, be a man, stop condemn suspended listia members and write fake untrue reviews.

anaisd1
5/30/15

it's not difficult nor hard to find out which reviews are really from a real listia user and which review are from listia paid staff.
those I LOVE THIS SITE and PEOPLE GOT BAN BECAUSE THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO USE LISTIA are from staff.
those YOU GOT BANNED BECAUSE YOU VIOLATE SITE RULES are also listia staff.
listia never learn, they never learn. they just keep pay money to staff writing so many unheartful (fake,betraying) reviews to make it look like banned members are stupid or telling lies which actually listia staff are liars.
liars like listia staff needs to write fake reviews to mix with people's negative feedback and make it look like suspended are the real stupid people that actually and finally, people are able to recognize which reviews are really from an ordinary person and which reviews are from LISTIA STAFF.
LISTIA STAFF only write I LOVE THIS SITE, I USE THIS SITE HOW MANY YEAR AND I LOVE IT, I GET A LOT OF THINGS THERE and THERE ARE STUPID PEOPLE HERE WHO KEEPS WRITING LIKE THEY ARE SAME PERSON TOGETHER, or PEOPLE SAY THE SITE IS BAD BECAUSE THEY ARE UNABLE TO KNOW HOW TO USE LISTIA WELL
listia staff tom F (representative) , your fake work is being condemned by whole world
people should understand how quality listia is. what quality is listia.com. only a very bad reputation site needs doing something so fake
real good site no need a fake delegate and fake staff review pretending they are listia users love that site. people should understand which are fake reviews.
those they love this site are listia staff doing.
look how fake they write. look how much they swear or blame other people who are real users that only got suspended unluckily. they have no crime, they have no sin. they are even innocent
they heard listia good they go use, but got suspended by saying with multiple fake accounts or funneling credits in listia, or scam other listia users' items.
the people are not criminals, listia, dont be so harsh to the people. they just got suspended by your site. they have their rights to write bad things on your site,
if your site is good, u dont have to have a fake TOM F and fake review by asking listia staff write to save your site pride
people, use your brain to find out which are staff's reviews and dont really believe the reviews the staff writes, they mislead you.
‪#‎listia‬
Chris M (28 May 2015 review, in red) is clearly a listia staff writing.
dont believe the staff review and regret yourself

chrism182
5/28/15

I have used Listia.com for over 3 years and I am addicted. I love it. I win Blu ray movies and Baseball Cards among many other things. Sorry to see some people really don't know how to use Listia correctly by their complaints on here. I give them 5/5 Stars from me and GO LISTIA!!!! Also people having doubts or issues check out their Facebook for lots of help.

donital
5/27/15

First off Customer Service is horrible.. If you have issue your own your own.. Secondly, I have been scammed twice since I've been on their site since April 2015 all because of their horrible system.. Even after you send documentation of proof the other party is wrong.. I would not recommend to anyone

lizn6
5/25/15

Why is it Listia uses mods that are horrid at doing their job? I had an auction sell for an authentic item. Lady claimed it wasn't authentic because she did not read the description of the bag and when she received it, the bag had some faint blue spots on it that were disclosed in my listing and pics. She disputed saying it wasn't real. I disputed back. The mod said since they couldn't see the bag to verify it was real or not, they would refund her and bring us back to "the state" we were at before the sale. They never asked if I could prove the bag was real or not, and I can. But, they allowed her to leave me negative feedback and even tho my rating is still 100% because of percentage system they use, I still have a negative rating and u can see by my numerous listings that I always give more than buyer wins auction for, all my merchandise is in excellent working or authentic order and not ONE person beside this woman has ever complained about my stuff. I don't sell junk....most of my stuff has been quality vintage, Crystal, or antiques. Even my 75 handmade rosaries Were perfection to the buyers.

Now I don't, for the first time since I joined have any listings up.....and the negative feedback was the icing on the cake. The real reason I can't stand to use Listia is that they won't do anything about letting people run rabid with the gift cards, which has quadrupled or more since just Jan.2015, with Listia stating it was because of the rewards store items, but Listias credits also sell for that much more since then as well. There seems to be no end in sight on gift card pricing, and Listia has allowed these gift card prices to make a farce of Listia and trashed people's thinking about their site in just 4 months!

martinsb1
5/21/15

Hello listia block me reason multiple account, I write but listia say nothing do!!! I have more than 800 feedbacks and more than 300000 points. becouse block me? my nickname snuriks1 why I need multiple accounts? and now I dont trust listia system

stephaniew42
5/20/15

I enjoy the idea of listia. And I really loved listia when I first joined, all the way up until about 1/2015. Something happened where they changed the credit value, and all the sudden items that were once 20,000 credits were now 85,000 credits. I wish I'd have held on to some of my stuff a bit longer since the credits have quadrupled in value in just a few short months. Then they changed the format of the rewards store where you could go and redeem awesome items immediately for the credits you accumulated. Well now the rewards store is an auction where you cannot get anything immediately, and the amount of credits these rewards store auctions end for is absolutely ridiculous compared to what they were listing as get it now offers just 6 months ago. But I've never had a problem with my account being suspended, I have however had to deal with not so pleasant moderators... :(

drakef
5/16/15

I have been using listia for about a year I usually bid on pez dispensers and yugioh cards I have never had a problem anything I won was sent within a reasonable time and listia is definity not a scam every bidding website is going to gave a few people who feel the need to break the rules and as for the multiple accounts I don't know but you can have multiple accounts if you for example use an address of a friend or family thanks and listia is not a SCAM

luiseh
5/10/15

I just opened an account sold a huge variety of cosmetics, mailed it out with tracking, seller recvd items and I would have had 80,000 points but then they banned it saying multiple accounts. I had a sister in law that had one but she doesn't not live with me!!!!!!!!!!!! So now im out 80,000 and my cosmetics plus shipping charges. Follow the riles and you get screwed. Its not fair and I wish I could complain. Maybe the BBB. Any suggestions because what they did is stealing. Ive never had an account before a month ago!!!!!!!

olio1
5/9/15

all "I love this site" are people employed by listia.com. people should be careful

why I said it. so many people got suspended. how can this site have any positive feedback?
the people then go back, if you say you are banned member, go bash you saying you have problem mental problem so got fouled. this site staff have to blame members whom they ban. think how bad listia is. do not use listia.

donate money to charity. listia have to find staff write fake positive feedback. saying people who write bad must have mental issue. who really have mental issue people will see.

lisar46
4/30/15

I have been selling on Listia for a year now. I sell small items I no longer want or new gifts I can't return. It is a fun way to stay on top of clutter and earn points for things you do want. Start small, though. Shipping costs need to be factored in before you list. That is why I stick to small, lightweight items like jewelry and bookmarks.

sherryr11
4/29/15

Listia also deleted my account and according to the reviews on here I'm not the only one. I already made one review for this sorry excuse of a site. So which is it listia? On one review listias comment was that they allowed up to four accounts before deleting someone and the other comment on someone else review was that y'all only allow one. Which is it? I didn't use my old account BC I for my passwords and everything and even to my Facebook so I started a new one and got deleted. Listia can't make up their minds what their own rules are. Apparently. BC one comment from listia says up to four accounts and one say you can only have one. Which one is it listia? My family and friends that it was the dumbest thing they heard of about listia deleting my account so they also deleted theirs on their own. Listia is nothing but a scam to get you to do their surveys for credits that you don't even get and they take your credits once you do work credits up. Listia is a sorry excuse for a website and there other sites beside listia.

goa14
4/24/15

Avoid eGameNet on Listia. Terrible seller who scams you on codes

yews
4/23/15

Guys actually sorry to say that LISTIA is a Scam site, Listia scammed me when I bid my
Pokémon Cards for 50,000 Credits. Listia is a Scammer so guys remember: don't waste your time at Listia

Username: *********

betha92
4/21/15

I love listia, I had to quitworking to raise my grnadson who is now 3. Through listia I have found a way to get the extras that are fun to have. I have also used it to stock up and get things to help me start my own business. Through listia i also found a few good survey sites which have helped alot giving me extra money......
Down below I see a lady comlaining about people saying they never received there items and kept sending them out. I have had several cases where I didnt get my items. Alot of those were people that I had to pay the shipping on and they were the ones doing the rip offs. I literally had to go thru paypal and file a dispute but Ialwaays got my money back after a fight...but hey I got it back and dont hold it against everybody for a few bad apples. ...There has also been a few other bad cases but for the most part it has always turned out for the good......But I have never claimed not to get something when I did.. I am a true believer in Karma........So really what I want to say is...Thank you listia for giving me a way to have all my little goodies and thank you to all the awesome sellers for providing these auctions....You cant blame everybody for the few that are scammers rather there the sellers or the buyers because it really is a 2 way street..figure out the good from the bad

stacyl30
4/19/15

I was a Listia member for three years but quit because more and more people claimed they never received the items I mailed to them. At first I simply re mailed winners their seeds just to avoid them filing a dispute.Until I got one woman who claimed she didn't get seeds I had mailed to her three times! This became such a problem I closed my account.
But I loved the site and re opened my account in February of this year. And I re mailed seeds when winners claimed they didn't receive them. Then I stopped re sending seeds because for some reason I thought Listia would stand behind a trusted seller. I left again for the same reason: more and more people were claiming they didn't receive their items. Listia refunded their credits because, "We don't require tracking numbers or delivery confirmation, but we recommend them for your own protection since it’s the only way to prevent your credits from being returned to the Winner if your item is not received." Which says to me they believe the winner rather than the trusted seller because it sure doesn't say "if the winner claims they didn't get their item.
I listed hard to find flower seeds on this site and kept records to be sure I mailed every item won to the winner. I have listed close to 2000 auctions on this site, more than 100 since I returned in February of this year. In just those auctions I listed since my return, 19 claimed they never received the seeds they used up to 10,000 credits to win. I knew what was coming when people claimed they hadn't received their items and asked Listia to intervene. In all but three cases, the winner got their credits refunded, leaving me with negative feedback, no seeds, out of the money spent on shipping and in some cases insulting comments with negative feedback. I cannot afford to use tracking, it would double the price of shipping; to do so would cost more than the benefits of being on this site. And unless it was big enough to require a package, none of the items I won ever came with tracking, in fact only about 5 of the roughly 365 items I won came with it. It seems to me when that many people claim they didn't get their items from a trusted seller it should be obvious that a whole lot of scamming is going on, especially with the large amount credits concerned. While I really love the idea of Listia I closed my account again For one reason I think it is sad that scammers can ruin the status I worked hard to gain. In addition, I am on a fixed income, adding tracking when I already buy bubble wrap, envelopes and extra postage for hand sorting to get items to their winners would cost so much I be better off buying the things I wanted there, not to mention the fact that I got soooo tired of hearing listia agents use that same refrain, "We don't require tracking but..."

mathewp10
4/15/15

I spent a $100 in real money on this site and they turn around and banned my account claiming I had multiple accounts which I did not have

crushf
4/14/15

this isn't a fair warning , it is a stage 5 alert...!!!
avoid this website at all costs..
the people who run it are complete a$$holes in general, they act like some elitist who could care less about you or what your selling

if a buyer has a problem or issue with an item and it goes into dispute, all they have to say is, "it's not as described" , they do not have to provide any proof at all, and the administrators & moderators will instantly refund their credits back to them, let them keep the item and allow you to receive a negative feedback for the transaction.

I even had a buyer state they received the exact item exactly as described and pictured, and their dispute reason was.." I don't want to use it" and they got to keep the item , and got their credits back...
complete scam.. worse then eBay ever was!
DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE STATED RULES!!
the rules mean nothing...
& do not even think of trying to contact customer support, , the "support' is either a copy and paste response that gives no solution or they do not even respond at all..

I seen another review on here stating the exact same scenario from other reviewers.. seems to be a trend..
also they offer free credits for downloading stuff onto your computer , which only downloads multiple tracking cookies and tons of extra stuff that locks up your computer and you will just have to restore you computer to a previous restore point to get rid of all the crap the install on your pc..

1 last thing you need to know.. you get credits for your items, which in turn you use to buy other items from other sellers... but Listia is constantly devaluing the credits by selling them for cash..
2 months ago you could buy 40,000 credits for $40, now it 76,800 credits for $40.. so your credits are worth half as much as they were 2 months ago.. and this has been a trend of devaluation for months now..
I have been on listia or 6 years, but after this latest onslaught of horrific incidences, I will be moving on..

Tip for consumers: tip..
avoid this site all together.. it all depends on if the people who run the site like you or not, if they do, you might be ok,.. I said MIGHT
if for some reason they do not, be prepared to get ripped off and ignored at every single chance they get

mattp42
4/13/15

As a premise, Listia is a nice idea: give away things you don't want or need any more, and bid for things you like. However, the very nature of human beings means it attracts a large number of undesirable individuals: fraudsters, scammers, cheats and leeches. Lots of the things being given away are little more than worthless rubbish (old bus tickets for example), while others are fakes and still others are very low quality costume jewelry one could buy from a high street store for next to nothing. Needless to say, most of the members are in the USA, and overseas members get a pretty rough deal, being expected to pay the postage both for items they give away, and items they bid on. Beware of scammers offering worthless goods and charging through postage.

captainm1
4/8/15

Hello, I had one account that I put a listing up for a 1965 quarter. So my brother had an account and he saw that auction and wanted it so he bid on it without knowing it was my auction. So listia thinking I had two account deleted both our accounts and me racking up the points (and buying some too, which they say they will refund any unused credits which it bs) I had around the 100K point and they all just kind off went away. My hard earned money vanishing to something stupid. I talked to them and submitted requests to them just replying "Nope, sorry we will not reimburse your account." So what do I do? wrtite this review to help other not waste money and time on this broken website. Thanks, CaptainMacTavish (my username).

Tip for consumers: I know it's really tempting, but just don't use it. It's too good to be true. That's all I have to say.

bishu
4/7/15

At first I loved Listia, I was able to get rid of some things like guitar templates and help people to get started on DIY guitar projects, and in return I could find video games and movies to bid on. Then out of no where, about 4 months ago or so, they changed some rules or something, and now I am no longer able to post my template auctions. Thus I am no longer able to earn any credits to get new stuff. Quite sad.

BishUncool

isaiaha4
4/1/15

It is crap I keep getting suspended I signed I sign up free stuff 5 times and got Suspended 5 times

tameras1
3/25/15

Have no complaints been with Listia for 5 years. A few bad apples, But if you have a problem you report to Listia and you receive your credits in return. I am still bidding today and love Listia. Everybody wins. Sincerely Tamera

Tip for consumers: Fun and rewarding.

marya202
3/16/15

On Listia, the only thing you Might have to pay is shipping & Handling. Most of the time its free shipping. I give away items and I say Free S&H. People bid on your items with the credits they have. I send my item to highest bidder..then I mail it to them. I get the credits they have bidded. You can also Earn free credits..in different ways. You give them your profile information. You pick a user name. No one gets your address unless you win an item, then you give your mailing address to ListiA. You get the name and address who to mail your item to. You win Badges.. you get Fans, earn credits, etc. They'repretty good. And fun.

Tip for consumers: I just told about all I know. I don't know everything though.

event4
3/14/15

Been a member since April 2013.

Love the site. I have gotten SO much value from it. All these idiots complaining about this and that....can they read? It's very simple. Listia is exactly like eBay except instead of spending cold, hard cash, you trade your items in for "credits" which can be redeemed on Listia for other peoples stuff. It's basically just bartering, with an alternate currency. The site isn't hard to understand at all---and most of peoples complaints would be VERY easily resolved if they simply KNEW HOW TO READ! I've been warned DOZENS of times about various rules I've broken----still have an active account. Listia is very fair about giving warnings, and they've probably given me more chances than I deserve. They don't randomly ban accounts without reason---their rules and terms are very clearly explained in plain English, and when you break them, the mods will cite the rules you broke, and provide links to read them.

Bottom line is this: If you're fed up with eBay, and want an alternative way to get rid of your stuff (so that you can ultimately get new stuff) try Listia. If you're a moron who didn't finish 3rd grade, GET OUT AND STOP USING THE INTERNET! It's that simple.

Sincerly,

Listia Member EvenTrade

Tip for consumers: READ THE RULES!
Listia.com/rules

LOOK FOR "FREE SHIPPING" (Bright orange Text)

If the auction has a SHIPPING CHARGE (Lime Green Text) don't bid unless you're willing to pay it. (80% of auctions offer free shipping)

Be wary of unverified users with no feedback or negative feedback (look for users who have several completed transactions with positive ratings, common sense)

kekel1
3/12/15

A member of my household also had an account so listia banned me with all my credits (some of which I payed for). Also they have a lot of frauds on there for example I happened to win a makeup set for my sisters birthday it cost me 15000 credits and the lister did not send it I reported her but they said that she didn't have to send it how stupid is that. DONT GO ON LISTIA ITS A WASTE OF TIME

alicial12
3/10/15

So my account was banned today with over 20,000 credits and 5 pending transactions because I had opened a second listia, However I closed my first account (on my own accord. I contacted them to delete it) so technically I only had one account. This is bs. I shipped off all my listings on time and earned my credits for them to just say "we closed this one you have to reinstate your old account to use the site and we took all your credits away and canceled any pending transactions" This is bull. A warning would have been nice or you could have banned my other account that had no activity on it and not in use because it was deleted not my active account that I'm using

modlo
3/4/15

Listia closed our account and took 532000+ points stating we were rude but all the rude comments in which our comments were towards the rude comments are still members, we were a huge seller of items and new items, not used crap. Then Tae of listia trying shutting us up with a NSA(non disclosure agreement) in order to let us back into our account to spend the points, NSA's are used by many businesses as I worked as a purchasing manager in construction but it shouldn't be used in this instance, to spend what I earned and spent thousands in shipping to earn them. Listia is garbage and I would stay away, if you want the entire conversation with taE SHOWING HOW THEY TRY TO SHUT YOU UP or trap you for a law suit, contact us. they are unprofessional and a trashy site filled with scammers, cheaters, non shippers and just an overall pathetic company

Tip for consumers: don't join, go elsewhere, not worth the headache, hard work only to lose your credits

gregj27
3/2/15

Having been a member on listia for over 2 years with 100% positive feedback and almost 2000 completed auctions as a seller, I am livid beyond belief that listia has changed the format of the rewards store from a GIN to an AUCTION format! I usually only stuck to getting items from the rewards store because they were always brand new and from either Walmart or Bestbuy. The reason why I primarily stuck to the rewards store is because listia allows ANYONE to become a member and immediately start selling. They do not require ANY verification in order to become a seller and there are 1000's of scammers trying to get over with clearly bogus auctions. As if that weren't bad enough, the moronic "mods" ask the scam sellers to please include more information so they have a better chance of selling the item. It is LAUGHABLE. That aside, there are also many sellers that offer items that "have issues" like cracked screens on cell phones, items missing parts, or they ask over inflated shipping costs. So because of this, I stuck to the rewards store for 90% of the time. Now since it's an auction format, they have millions of people vying for a handful of items and it has turned into an all out bidding war and buyers are driving up the credit amounts because of it. Listia is clearly taking advantage of their members and the stupid ones are allowing it by overbidding.

Tip for consumers: Too many scammers and garbage to sift thru

sheilaw15
2/24/15

you have to use common sense when using ANY site such as this.It's like buying a used car .Most of the auction descriptions are "PUFFED" AND YOU ALWAYS NEED TO KEEP THAT IN MIND ALONG WITH THE ASSERTIONS OF RARITY AND ONE OF A KIND.wHEN I'VE BEEN UNSURE OF SOMETHING,i'VE LOOKED THE ITEM UP AND DONE RESEARCH ON THE ITEM IF I/M REALLY INTERESTED.i HAVE BEEN SURPRISED AT THE DUMBNESS OF SOME PEOPLE WHEN THE COMMENT SECTION OF AN AUCTION IS FILLED WITH WARNINGS AND THEY STILL INSIST ON BIDDING.pEOPLE HAVE TO LEARN TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS AND STOP BLAMING OTHERS FOR THEIR POOR DECiSIONS.I've only met the nicest people sweet,kind and dear.There have been a few scammers but I managed to win out over them because of my superior feedback rating.My biggest gripe is with the listia moderators who apparently rely on formulaic responses that sometimes border on the absurd.I think moderators should be able to respond in real time or as close to it as possible so frustrated buyers/sellers don't have to deal with inane and useless replies.S orry about the typing,i'm not good at it.

Tip for consumers: use your head and do research on an item you're interested in,don't just bid willy nillywhen selling,take lots of good pictures so you can prove item's pre-mailing condition to save yourself from the scammers.If sellers aren't VERIFIED don't bid until they get it done.It's the best protection listia offers.

jimmyd34
2/24/15

I bought a .999 silver gram bar from what appeared to be a trusted seller but instead received a small silver grain bar about half the size of a gram. when I did all that listia asked me to do they said I didn't send pictures which I sent 3!!. Regardless listia closed the account with no other options. The seller of course was happy to have my credits and not worry about making any other corrections as he can keep selling grains for grams and listia isn't incorporated enough like that of ebay , amazon or even etsy to manage a site such as this one. With all that said please do not misunderstand me there are many good sellers and buyers but listia is a great place for the con artist and listia will stand behind them.

Tip for consumers: when buying silver ask to see it on a scale not just sheet pages.

hobnoseb
2/19/15

its a scam YES!! they tempt you with fantasy items!!
you will get out bid on every thing!! no matter what you bid on--
you get out bid.I know as I have bid on 6 items and every single time
maybe once or twice-yes but every thing NO the item do not exsist
they are to waist you time !!

Tip for consumers: dont bid less you like to waist your time

debbies41
2/16/15

Been with listia for just a little while but I check it everyday .and I sell some of my stuff on there to .I just need to find out how to enter promo codes .

Tip for consumers: Just keep checking you will find something you like.

devrar
2/7/15

Wow! I should have read the reviews before listing on this site. I listed a nice ring for what they use "points:. I listed it for 2000 points. I never received a confirmation of how many points I was charging etc. It was an auction for a week. Then I get a weird email asking for shipping and stating I sold it for 51 points. Then I click on the reply button to tell this person I didn't sell it for that amount and I get this advertisement. A Listia advertisement using my ring in the ad stating I was giving it away for free! "How would you like to get an item like this ring!"

Tip for consumers: This is so ridiculous and obviously ran out of a home. This isn't a true legit business. It's so unprofessionall!

rainym
2/3/15

Well, I've spent almost $40 in shipping for stuff that earned me enough points to get a $15 Amazon gift card of $15 worth of silver in a Listia medallion. Fun at first, but people don't let you know they got the stuff so you have to wait 20 days for points. Sure you can earn points by "completing offers".....but you are just being data-mined.

There are some nice people, but there are some miserable people, and it is the miserable people who make me say "enough!"

Tip for consumers: Sell items that only cost a postage stamp to send, otherwise you are losing money big time.

karinak3
1/27/15

At first I loved it, to be honest. I found a couple of cute things that I wanted to buy. So rapidly started doing all kinds of offers to earn credits and selling items. Then I referred my roommate, as I recently moved to the US to learn and don't really have lots of friends in here. And that was a big mistake. While I was honestly buying items and earning credits by selling my roommate won one of my auctions. Some really small stuff for like 3000 or smth credits. Which I also gave him as he was a winner. Nothing criminal. I had like 26000 credits on my account by that moment. I didn't need any from him. And all of a sudden I got banned for that. And he also so to say. Even despite the fact he was already in another state! Which they could clearly view from his IP if they even wanted. However they banned both of us. I wrote them a dozen letters trying to explain that it was not something done on purpose. And this bid he made is just really nothing comparing to what I already earned. And I was trying to explain that I just moved and I do not clearly read in english, that is why I honestly did't read the rules and didn't know that. Why would I do that if I can be banned. I always have to ask my friend to check my writing and reading. But all replies from them are the same, literally just the same. They really don't care.
And the last drop is that one of the listing I won. The lady was so nice, she sent it very quickly. She asked me to confirm as soon as I get, coz she wants to win some present for her grandson. And guess what? they banned me the morning before I got it. I had to create another account to find that lady and explain everything to her. Then I wrote them two letters asking to transfer these pending credits to her. Guess what? No reply at all. This is how they protect their users.

Wish I could answer in a comment to that representative. Oh wow! They say really loud words "connected accounts", "fraudulently transferred credits"... But in fact they just make up these rules based on nothing. There is no explanation to any of these terms, and they explain them the way that is good for them. "Connected accounts" — in my case it's my friend's account. Who registered from a different computer, he logged in using mine from time to time. Used his computer as well, and different IP as well. No, I didn't ask him to bid on any of my listings. It's just what they made up to ban the account. As to me — I can not be responsible for whatever the person I referred have done. I din't sign up for that when I referred him. IF YOU REFER TO YOUR FRIENDS AND ANYONE OF THEM BIDS ON YOUR AUCTION — THEY BAN YOU BOTH! EVEN IT'S JUST ONE PERSON WHO DID THAT!!!

They don't have the rule that people you referred can not bid on your auctions. But that is why they ban you. So if you you want to cheat — just don't refer your friends directly from the site) Just ask them to register , get their free credits add buy something from you) Then you can earn as much as you want without being banned)

They don't even bother to explain you why they made the decision to ban you. You know why? Because they can not prove you broke any of those rules. Their aim is not to protect you, but to steal from you. I've put my money into that — shipping the items, giving away my things. And "bums" they ban me. Saying "looks like" you might have broke our rules. It's only their conjecture and they know it. That is why on all of my letters they are giving me the same answers (IF THEY ANSWER, COZ MOST TIMES THEY DON'T). Even that one here is just "ctrl+c" "ctrl+v". And they don't return you the money of course.

++++++HOW THE STORY ENDED++++++

Afterwards I decided to take the last attempt and wrote to the administrator (using the e-mail mention in company's description). The next day I got a reply from Tae, who was very nice to me all the way and explained why and what exactly we did wrong. Asked me lots of questions on my case and afterwards promised to unban our accounts. Was very patient and polite. We made a promise not to ever do that again.

So tip for beginners
If you refer your friends, people you live with, make sure they know the rules and that they won't bid your auction. And read them carefully on your own. And if you have the same physical address with another person make sure to manually approve it.

Happy bidding)

listiau1
1/23/15

I've been using Listia for a few months now, and have had my ups and downs. I like that they utilize PayPal. I also find the concept of buying/earning credits to use for purchases interesting. There are options to either purchase credits with a credit card - or by checking out sponsor items to earn them...which, from my experience, didn't always work. There are some bugs to work out I guess. It may be a bit degrading to think of it as a "poor man's eBay", because I think there's a lot of potential with this service. There are plenty of bargains to be had in area of "knick-knacks". I've mainly been using it to acquire digital movie codes (no physical media, just the codes), which is usually hard to find on eBay, or anywhere else for that matter. My problems have occurred with sellers who sometimes don't follow through with their obligations. I suppose that can happen through any internet merchant. With Listia, I've had at least a couple of occasions where I bought a digital movie code, and the seller failed to confirm that a physical DVD was required to redeem it, the code was expired, or - after collecting my points - they didn't bother sending the code at all. It takes 5 days for the seller to respond to a complaint and to get credits refunded. On the occasions where I've had a problem, I was able to get a pretty good deal on my purchase - and after the second seller issue arose, I started to wonder: Is the seller refusing to follow through because they want to re-list the item and potentially get more for the sale? Something to keep an eye out for. Seeing Listia reps respond to user issues on SiteJabber is encouraging. So assuming I see improvements in functionality and user experience, I hope to come back and give Listia a higher rating.

Tip for consumers: As with eBay, read the item descriptions CAREFULLY. Ask questions of the seller if something is unclear. If the seller does not respond - BEWARE!

iana19
1/20/15

Well, Listia isn't what I thought it was - what's the point of watching and bidding if you can set a max bid and be outbid by someone who's not technically "watching" the auction? Had one open in my browser for 3 days and saw no activity until I placed a bid, then BAM. Upon bidding the "Current Bid" was 1000 meanwhile it was actually much more than that due to someone placing a "MAX bid". Stupid waste of time and patience and couldn't care less about what the community thinks of this or my actions to have knowledge of the proxy bidding before I tried bidding, Its just Listias way of hyping you up so that you buy credits which I refuse to do until I know first hand that this site is completely legitimate. Gotta love advertising. New users remember, one of life's biggest cliches "Nothing in life is free". I've emailed Listia requesting my account to be deleted and received an email stating that I should wait 2 business days for a reply, and there's a link to check the status of my request, I clicked it and was denied access to my request. So not only does the site suck because the bids aren't live, but also because I actually have to work with the site to remove my account after being suckered into putting all my personal info up. Should I receive phone calls or emails advertising or whatever from this point forward I'll be doing much more blasting than a mediocre review. Stick to Ebay where you don't have to "buy" credits in order to bid and don't get suckered in by the "Free Credits" crap unless you're fully prepared to go through the hassling process of buying credits, bidding, and repeating.

***EDIT***: I have now been through the emailing process of requesting my account deleted FOUR times and my account is still up, they claim they cannot access my account to delete it and keep asking me to log back in and send new requests and now this clown beneath me is talking to me like I'm technologically declined and I'm not about to work with you to get things done, bud. I'll check back in a few days or so. You and your site are not worth the time. I'll worry about it more when I receive any unwanted advertising. <n|m o_O m|n>

Tip for consumers: Stick with Ebay, you need a credit card to purchase credits anyways and Listia won't accept a Visa Debit.
Listia simply has extra step from bidding with a credit card or paypall on Ebay by making you buy and bid with credits and its a total gimmick.
Unless you have good credit and like the idea and concept behind the site, again, stick with Ebay and real currency.

timothyb43
1/17/15

Listi a is okay to use but I have had some issues and some activities people do on listi a are against our rights and the law I've had some good and bad times but overall its ok I don't think its ok It could be better like there needs to be a set value that the credits have such as 1000 credits equal $1.00 so people are not paying $500 worth of credits to buy a item only worth half that such as if I baught a Xbox one for 500.000 credits I'd have to pay nearly $500 to buy those credits also they need to have professional trained admins on the site also the address thing is a huge issue for example a guy signs up for listia and lives in a public housing with public wife and the ip is the same as other ppl so say there's 8 apartments and they have listi a accounts listi a will delete them now that needs to be fixed I live in one of these places and 14 apartments use the same ip also the household thing is not fair I lived in a house where i shared the kitchen and bathroom and living room with other ppl but paid for my own room I was my own household and the other people were there own household but because listia has a rule 1 account per address this is really a bummer to people listi a needs a page where u file a application and show that u get mail at that address and needs to make exceptions for people who live in places like this no wonder listi a has a 2 star rating if you would just take these few simple steps listia you would have better reviews and more customers

Tip for consumers: This site is ok but needs work by the owners its up to you to check it out I wouldn't say no or yes

17 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Listia staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Why can't my friends of Facebook bid on any of my actions? When he bid on one of mine is said deleted fraud activity or something like that. How can it be Fraud if they say post on there so more people can bid on your action!? He wanted it & is a friend so he wanted to bid so I don't understand that. Can anymore help? Is it going to cause a problem for the both of us?
8/31/13
Answer
oliviel
A: if your friend bid on your auctions, u both will be suspended quickly. dont do it.
5/4/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: do you get paid in cash on your auctions when you list on listia :
1/28/15
Answer
simonm44
A: if buyer suspended seller may not get any credits.
5/4/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Listia staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

22 Photos for Listia