US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ediet

I mainly sell beads and jewelry making supplies and I turn around my credits and buy all sorts of things for my family! (in 125 reviews)

katev7

i like listia, have used it almost a year, but the nasty people are just ruining it. (in 93 reviews)

jodiem18

I have sold and "bought" many items on it and overall, I've been very happy with it. (in 78 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

lizn6
5/25/15

Why is it Listia uses mods that are horrid at doing their job? I had an auction sell for an authentic item. Lady claimed it wasn't authentic because she did not read the description of the bag and when she received it, the bag had some faint blue spots on it that were disclosed in my listing and pics. She disputed saying it wasn't real. I disputed back. The mod said since they couldn't see the bag to verify it was real or not, they would refund her and bring us back to "the state" we were at before the sale. They never asked if I could prove the bag was real or not, and I can. But, they allowed her to leave me negative feedback and even tho my rating is still 100% because of percentage system they use, I still have a negative rating and u can see by my numerous listings that I always give more than buyer wins auction for, all my merchandise is in excellent working or authentic order and not ONE person beside this woman has ever complained about my stuff. I don't sell junk....most of my stuff has been quality vintage, Crystal, or antiques. Even my 75 handmade rosaries Were perfection to the buyers.

Now I don't, for the first time since I joined have any listings up.....and the negative feedback was the icing on the cake. The real reason I can't stand to use Listia is that they won't do anything about letting people run rabid with the gift cards, which has quadrupled or more since just Jan.2015, with Listia stating it was because of the rewards store items, but Listias credits also sell for that much more since then as well. There seems to be no end in sight on gift card pricing, and Listia has allowed these gift card prices to make a farce of Listia and trashed people's thinking about their site in just 4 months!

martinsb1
5/21/15

Hello listia block me reason multiple account, I write but listia say nothing do!!! I have more than 800 feedbacks and more than 300000 points. becouse block me? my nickname snuriks1 why I need multiple accounts? and now I dont trust listia system

stephaniew42
5/20/15

I enjoy the idea of listia. And I really loved listia when I first joined, all the way up until about 1/2015. Something happened where they changed the credit value, and all the sudden items that were once 20,000 credits were now 85,000 credits. I wish I'd have held on to some of my stuff a bit longer since the credits have quadrupled in value in just a few short months. Then they changed the format of the rewards store where you could go and redeem awesome items immediately for the credits you accumulated. Well now the rewards store is an auction where you cannot get anything immediately, and the amount of credits these rewards store auctions end for is absolutely ridiculous compared to what they were listing as get it now offers just 6 months ago. But I've never had a problem with my account being suspended, I have however had to deal with not so pleasant moderators... :(

drakef
5/16/15

I have been using listia for about a year I usually bid on pez dispensers and yugioh cards I have never had a problem anything I won was sent within a reasonable time and listia is definity not a scam every bidding website is going to gave a few people who feel the need to break the rules and as for the multiple accounts I don't know but you can have multiple accounts if you for example use an address of a friend or family thanks and listia is not a SCAM

luiseh
5/10/15

I just opened an account sold a huge variety of cosmetics, mailed it out with tracking, seller recvd items and I would have had 80,000 points but then they banned it saying multiple accounts. I had a sister in law that had one but she doesn't not live with me!!!!!!!!!!!! So now im out 80,000 and my cosmetics plus shipping charges. Follow the riles and you get screwed. Its not fair and I wish I could complain. Maybe the BBB. Any suggestions because what they did is stealing. Ive never had an account before a month ago!!!!!!!

olio1
5/9/15

all "I love this site" are people employed by listia.com. people should be careful

why I said it. so many people got suspended. how can this site have any positive feedback?
the people then go back, if you say you are banned member, go bash you saying you have problem mental problem so got fouled. this site staff have to blame members whom they ban. think how bad listia is. do not use listia.

donate money to charity. listia have to find staff write fake positive feedback. saying people who write bad must have mental issue. who really have mental issue people will see.

lisar46
4/30/15

I have been selling on Listia for a year now. I sell small items I no longer want or new gifts I can't return. It is a fun way to stay on top of clutter and earn points for things you do want. Start small, though. Shipping costs need to be factored in before you list. That is why I stick to small, lightweight items like jewelry and bookmarks.

sherryr11
4/29/15

Listia also deleted my account and according to the reviews on here I'm not the only one. I already made one review for this sorry excuse of a site. So which is it listia? On one review listias comment was that they allowed up to four accounts before deleting someone and the other comment on someone else review was that y'all only allow one. Which is it? I didn't use my old account BC I for my passwords and everything and even to my Facebook so I started a new one and got deleted. Listia can't make up their minds what their own rules are. Apparently. BC one comment from listia says up to four accounts and one say you can only have one. Which one is it listia? My family and friends that it was the dumbest thing they heard of about listia deleting my account so they also deleted theirs on their own. Listia is nothing but a scam to get you to do their surveys for credits that you don't even get and they take your credits once you do work credits up. Listia is a sorry excuse for a website and there other sites beside listia.

goa14
4/24/15

Avoid eGameNet on Listia. Terrible seller who scams you on codes

yews
4/23/15

Guys actually sorry to say that LISTIA is a Scam site, Listia scammed me when I bid my
Pokémon Cards for 50,000 Credits. Listia is a Scammer so guys remember: don't waste your time at Listia

Username: *********

betha92
4/21/15

I love listia, I had to quitworking to raise my grnadson who is now 3. Through listia I have found a way to get the extras that are fun to have. I have also used it to stock up and get things to help me start my own business. Through listia i also found a few good survey sites which have helped alot giving me extra money......
Down below I see a lady comlaining about people saying they never received there items and kept sending them out. I have had several cases where I didnt get my items. Alot of those were people that I had to pay the shipping on and they were the ones doing the rip offs. I literally had to go thru paypal and file a dispute but Ialwaays got my money back after a fight...but hey I got it back and dont hold it against everybody for a few bad apples. ...There has also been a few other bad cases but for the most part it has always turned out for the good......But I have never claimed not to get something when I did.. I am a true believer in Karma........So really what I want to say is...Thank you listia for giving me a way to have all my little goodies and thank you to all the awesome sellers for providing these auctions....You cant blame everybody for the few that are scammers rather there the sellers or the buyers because it really is a 2 way street..figure out the good from the bad

stacyl30
4/19/15

I was a Listia member for three years but quit because more and more people claimed they never received the items I mailed to them. At first I simply re mailed winners their seeds just to avoid them filing a dispute.Until I got one woman who claimed she didn't get seeds I had mailed to her three times! This became such a problem I closed my account.
But I loved the site and re opened my account in February of this year. And I re mailed seeds when winners claimed they didn't receive them. Then I stopped re sending seeds because for some reason I thought Listia would stand behind a trusted seller. I left again for the same reason: more and more people were claiming they didn't receive their items. Listia refunded their credits because, "We don't require tracking numbers or delivery confirmation, but we recommend them for your own protection since it’s the only way to prevent your credits from being returned to the Winner if your item is not received." Which says to me they believe the winner rather than the trusted seller because it sure doesn't say "if the winner claims they didn't get their item.
I listed hard to find flower seeds on this site and kept records to be sure I mailed every item won to the winner. I have listed close to 2000 auctions on this site, more than 100 since I returned in February of this year. In just those auctions I listed since my return, 19 claimed they never received the seeds they used up to 10,000 credits to win. I knew what was coming when people claimed they hadn't received their items and asked Listia to intervene. In all but three cases, the winner got their credits refunded, leaving me with negative feedback, no seeds, out of the money spent on shipping and in some cases insulting comments with negative feedback. I cannot afford to use tracking, it would double the price of shipping; to do so would cost more than the benefits of being on this site. And unless it was big enough to require a package, none of the items I won ever came with tracking, in fact only about 5 of the roughly 365 items I won came with it. It seems to me when that many people claim they didn't get their items from a trusted seller it should be obvious that a whole lot of scamming is going on, especially with the large amount credits concerned. While I really love the idea of Listia I closed my account again For one reason I think it is sad that scammers can ruin the status I worked hard to gain. In addition, I am on a fixed income, adding tracking when I already buy bubble wrap, envelopes and extra postage for hand sorting to get items to their winners would cost so much I be better off buying the things I wanted there, not to mention the fact that I got soooo tired of hearing listia agents use that same refrain, "We don't require tracking but..."

mathewp10
4/15/15

I spent a $100 in real money on this site and they turn around and banned my account claiming I had multiple accounts which I did not have

crushf
4/14/15

this isn't a fair warning , it is a stage 5 alert...!!!
avoid this website at all costs..
the people who run it are complete a$$holes in general, they act like some elitist who could care less about you or what your selling

if a buyer has a problem or issue with an item and it goes into dispute, all they have to say is, "it's not as described" , they do not have to provide any proof at all, and the administrators & moderators will instantly refund their credits back to them, let them keep the item and allow you to receive a negative feedback for the transaction.

I even had a buyer state they received the exact item exactly as described and pictured, and their dispute reason was.." I don't want to use it" and they got to keep the item , and got their credits back...
complete scam.. worse then eBay ever was!
DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE STATED RULES!!
the rules mean nothing...
& do not even think of trying to contact customer support, , the "support' is either a copy and paste response that gives no solution or they do not even respond at all..

I seen another review on here stating the exact same scenario from other reviewers.. seems to be a trend..
also they offer free credits for downloading stuff onto your computer , which only downloads multiple tracking cookies and tons of extra stuff that locks up your computer and you will just have to restore you computer to a previous restore point to get rid of all the crap the install on your pc..

1 last thing you need to know.. you get credits for your items, which in turn you use to buy other items from other sellers... but Listia is constantly devaluing the credits by selling them for cash..
2 months ago you could buy 40,000 credits for $40, now it 76,800 credits for $40.. so your credits are worth half as much as they were 2 months ago.. and this has been a trend of devaluation for months now..
I have been on listia or 6 years, but after this latest onslaught of horrific incidences, I will be moving on..

Tip for consumers: tip..
avoid this site all together.. it all depends on if the people who run the site like you or not, if they do, you might be ok,.. I said MIGHT
if for some reason they do not, be prepared to get ripped off and ignored at every single chance they get

mattp42
4/13/15

As a premise, Listia is a nice idea: give away things you don't want or need any more, and bid for things you like. However, the very nature of human beings means it attracts a large number of undesirable individuals: fraudsters, scammers, cheats and leeches. Lots of the things being given away are little more than worthless rubbish (old bus tickets for example), while others are fakes and still others are very low quality costume jewelry one could buy from a high street store for next to nothing. Needless to say, most of the members are in the USA, and overseas members get a pretty rough deal, being expected to pay the postage both for items they give away, and items they bid on. Beware of scammers offering worthless goods and charging through postage.

captainm1
4/8/15

Hello, I had one account that I put a listing up for a 1965 quarter. So my brother had an account and he saw that auction and wanted it so he bid on it without knowing it was my auction. So listia thinking I had two account deleted both our accounts and me racking up the points (and buying some too, which they say they will refund any unused credits which it bs) I had around the 100K point and they all just kind off went away. My hard earned money vanishing to something stupid. I talked to them and submitted requests to them just replying "Nope, sorry we will not reimburse your account." So what do I do? wrtite this review to help other not waste money and time on this broken website. Thanks, CaptainMacTavish (my username).

Tip for consumers: I know it's really tempting, but just don't use it. It's too good to be true. That's all I have to say.

bishu
4/7/15

At first I loved Listia, I was able to get rid of some things like guitar templates and help people to get started on DIY guitar projects, and in return I could find video games and movies to bid on. Then out of no where, about 4 months ago or so, they changed some rules or something, and now I am no longer able to post my template auctions. Thus I am no longer able to earn any credits to get new stuff. Quite sad.

BishUncool

isaiaha4
4/1/15

It is crap I keep getting suspended I signed I sign up free stuff 5 times and got Suspended 5 times

tameras1
3/25/15

Hi i like listia.com because you gain credits on the site for free. Listia gives you start out credits and then you bid for free with your credits.

Tip for consumers: Doing surveys and listing items and fanning other seller items you gain credits.

marya202
3/16/15

On Listia, the only thing you Might have to pay is shipping & Handling. Most of the time its free shipping. I give away items and I say Free S&H. People bid on your items with the credits they have. I send my item to highest bidder..then I mail it to them. I get the credits they have bidded. You can also Earn free credits..in different ways. You give them your profile information. You pick a user name. No one gets your address unless you win an item, then you give your mailing address to ListiA. You get the name and address who to mail your item to. You win Badges.. you get Fans, earn credits, etc. They'repretty good. And fun.

Tip for consumers: I just told about all I know. I don't know everything though.

event4
3/14/15

Been a member since April 2013.

Love the site. I have gotten SO much value from it. All these idiots complaining about this and that....can they read? It's very simple. Listia is exactly like eBay except instead of spending cold, hard cash, you trade your items in for "credits" which can be redeemed on Listia for other peoples stuff. It's basically just bartering, with an alternate currency. The site isn't hard to understand at all---and most of peoples complaints would be VERY easily resolved if they simply KNEW HOW TO READ! I've been warned DOZENS of times about various rules I've broken----still have an active account. Listia is very fair about giving warnings, and they've probably given me more chances than I deserve. They don't randomly ban accounts without reason---their rules and terms are very clearly explained in plain English, and when you break them, the mods will cite the rules you broke, and provide links to read them.

Bottom line is this: If you're fed up with eBay, and want an alternative way to get rid of your stuff (so that you can ultimately get new stuff) try Listia. If you're a moron who didn't finish 3rd grade, GET OUT AND STOP USING THE INTERNET! It's that simple.

Sincerly,

Listia Member EvenTrade

Tip for consumers: READ THE RULES!
Listia.com/rules

LOOK FOR "FREE SHIPPING" (Bright orange Text)

If the auction has a SHIPPING CHARGE (Lime Green Text) don't bid unless you're willing to pay it. (80% of auctions offer free shipping)

Be wary of unverified users with no feedback or negative feedback (look for users who have several completed transactions with positive ratings, common sense)

kekel1
3/12/15

A member of my household also had an account so listia banned me with all my credits (some of which I payed for). Also they have a lot of frauds on there for example I happened to win a makeup set for my sisters birthday it cost me 15000 credits and the lister did not send it I reported her but they said that she didn't have to send it how stupid is that. DONT GO ON LISTIA ITS A WASTE OF TIME

alicial12
3/10/15

So my account was banned today with over 20,000 credits and 5 pending transactions because I had opened a second listia, However I closed my first account (on my own accord. I contacted them to delete it) so technically I only had one account. This is bs. I shipped off all my listings on time and earned my credits for them to just say "we closed this one you have to reinstate your old account to use the site and we took all your credits away and canceled any pending transactions" This is bull. A warning would have been nice or you could have banned my other account that had no activity on it and not in use because it was deleted not my active account that I'm using

modlo
3/4/15

Listia closed our account and took 532000+ points stating we were rude but all the rude comments in which our comments were towards the rude comments are still members, we were a huge seller of items and new items, not used crap. Then Tae of listia trying shutting us up with a NSA(non disclosure agreement) in order to let us back into our account to spend the points, NSA's are used by many businesses as I worked as a purchasing manager in construction but it shouldn't be used in this instance, to spend what I earned and spent thousands in shipping to earn them. Listia is garbage and I would stay away, if you want the entire conversation with taE SHOWING HOW THEY TRY TO SHUT YOU UP or trap you for a law suit, contact us. they are unprofessional and a trashy site filled with scammers, cheaters, non shippers and just an overall pathetic company

Tip for consumers: don't join, go elsewhere, not worth the headache, hard work only to lose your credits

gregj27
3/2/15

Having been a member on listia for over 2 years with 100% positive feedback and almost 2000 completed auctions as a seller, I am livid beyond belief that listia has changed the format of the rewards store from a GIN to an AUCTION format! I usually only stuck to getting items from the rewards store because they were always brand new and from either Walmart or Bestbuy. The reason why I primarily stuck to the rewards store is because listia allows ANYONE to become a member and immediately start selling. They do not require ANY verification in order to become a seller and there are 1000's of scammers trying to get over with clearly bogus auctions. As if that weren't bad enough, the moronic "mods" ask the scam sellers to please include more information so they have a better chance of selling the item. It is LAUGHABLE. That aside, there are also many sellers that offer items that "have issues" like cracked screens on cell phones, items missing parts, or they ask over inflated shipping costs. So because of this, I stuck to the rewards store for 90% of the time. Now since it's an auction format, they have millions of people vying for a handful of items and it has turned into an all out bidding war and buyers are driving up the credit amounts because of it. Listia is clearly taking advantage of their members and the stupid ones are allowing it by overbidding.

Tip for consumers: Too many scammers and garbage to sift thru

sheilaw15
2/24/15

you have to use common sense when using ANY site such as this.It's like buying a used car .Most of the auction descriptions are "PUFFED" AND YOU ALWAYS NEED TO KEEP THAT IN MIND ALONG WITH THE ASSERTIONS OF RARITY AND ONE OF A KIND.wHEN I'VE BEEN UNSURE OF SOMETHING,i'VE LOOKED THE ITEM UP AND DONE RESEARCH ON THE ITEM IF I/M REALLY INTERESTED.i HAVE BEEN SURPRISED AT THE DUMBNESS OF SOME PEOPLE WHEN THE COMMENT SECTION OF AN AUCTION IS FILLED WITH WARNINGS AND THEY STILL INSIST ON BIDDING.pEOPLE HAVE TO LEARN TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS AND STOP BLAMING OTHERS FOR THEIR POOR DECiSIONS.I've only met the nicest people sweet,kind and dear.There have been a few scammers but I managed to win out over them because of my superior feedback rating.My biggest gripe is with the listia moderators who apparently rely on formulaic responses that sometimes border on the absurd.I think moderators should be able to respond in real time or as close to it as possible so frustrated buyers/sellers don't have to deal with inane and useless replies.S orry about the typing,i'm not good at it.

Tip for consumers: use your head and do research on an item you're interested in,don't just bid willy nillywhen selling,take lots of good pictures so you can prove item's pre-mailing condition to save yourself from the scammers.If sellers aren't VERIFIED don't bid until they get it done.It's the best protection listia offers.

jimmyd34
2/24/15

I bought a .999 silver gram bar from what appeared to be a trusted seller but instead received a small silver grain bar about half the size of a gram. when I did all that listia asked me to do they said I didn't send pictures which I sent 3!!. Regardless listia closed the account with no other options. The seller of course was happy to have my credits and not worry about making any other corrections as he can keep selling grains for grams and listia isn't incorporated enough like that of ebay , amazon or even etsy to manage a site such as this one. With all that said please do not misunderstand me there are many good sellers and buyers but listia is a great place for the con artist and listia will stand behind them.

Tip for consumers: when buying silver ask to see it on a scale not just sheet pages.

hobnoseb
2/19/15

its a scam YES!! they tempt you with fantasy items!!
you will get out bid on every thing!! no matter what you bid on--
you get out bid.I know as I have bid on 6 items and every single time
maybe once or twice-yes but every thing NO the item do not exsist
they are to waist you time !!

Tip for consumers: dont bid less you like to waist your time

debbies41
2/16/15

Been with listia for just a little while but I check it everyday .and I sell some of my stuff on there to .I just need to find out how to enter promo codes .

Tip for consumers: Just keep checking you will find something you like.

devrar
2/7/15

Wow! I should have read the reviews before listing on this site. I listed a nice ring for what they use "points:. I listed it for 2000 points. I never received a confirmation of how many points I was charging etc. It was an auction for a week. Then I get a weird email asking for shipping and stating I sold it for 51 points. Then I click on the reply button to tell this person I didn't sell it for that amount and I get this advertisement. A Listia advertisement using my ring in the ad stating I was giving it away for free! "How would you like to get an item like this ring!"

Tip for consumers: This is so ridiculous and obviously ran out of a home. This isn't a true legit business. It's so unprofessionall!

rainym
2/3/15

Well, I've spent almost $40 in shipping for stuff that earned me enough points to get a $15 Amazon gift card of $15 worth of silver in a Listia medallion. Fun at first, but people don't let you know they got the stuff so you have to wait 20 days for points. Sure you can earn points by "completing offers".....but you are just being data-mined.

There are some nice people, but there are some miserable people, and it is the miserable people who make me say "enough!"

Tip for consumers: Sell items that only cost a postage stamp to send, otherwise you are losing money big time.

karinak3
1/27/15

At first I loved it, to be honest. I found a couple of cute things that I wanted to buy. So rapidly started doing all kinds of offers to earn credits and selling items. Then I referred my roommate, as I recently moved to the US to learn and don't really have lots of friends in here. And that was a big mistake. While I was honestly buying items and earning credits by selling my roommate won one of my auctions. Some really small stuff for like 3000 or smth credits. Which I also gave him as he was a winner. Nothing criminal. I had like 26000 credits on my account by that moment. I didn't need any from him. And all of a sudden I got banned for that. And he also so to say. Even despite the fact he was already in another state! Which they could clearly view from his IP if they even wanted. However they banned both of us. I wrote them a dozen letters trying to explain that it was not something done on purpose. And this bid he made is just really nothing comparing to what I already earned. And I was trying to explain that I just moved and I do not clearly read in english, that is why I honestly did't read the rules and didn't know that. Why would I do that if I can be banned. I always have to ask my friend to check my writing and reading. But all replies from them are the same, literally just the same. They really don't care.
And the last drop is that one of the listing I won. The lady was so nice, she sent it very quickly. She asked me to confirm as soon as I get, coz she wants to win some present for her grandson. And guess what? they banned me the morning before I got it. I had to create another account to find that lady and explain everything to her. Then I wrote them two letters asking to transfer these pending credits to her. Guess what? No reply at all. This is how they protect their users.

Wish I could answer in a comment to that representative. Oh wow! They say really loud words "connected accounts", "fraudulently transferred credits"... But in fact they just make up these rules based on nothing. There is no explanation to any of these terms, and they explain them the way that is good for them. "Connected accounts" — in my case it's my friend's account. Who registered from a different computer, he logged in using mine from time to time. Used his computer as well, and different IP as well. No, I didn't ask him to bid on any of my listings. It's just what they made up to ban the account. As to me — I can not be responsible for whatever the person I referred have done. I din't sign up for that when I referred him. IF YOU REFER TO YOUR FRIENDS AND ANYONE OF THEM BIDS ON YOUR AUCTION — THEY BAN YOU BOTH! EVEN IT'S JUST ONE PERSON WHO DID THAT!!!

They don't have the rule that people you referred can not bid on your auctions. But that is why they ban you. So if you you want to cheat — just don't refer your friends directly from the site) Just ask them to register , get their free credits add buy something from you) Then you can earn as much as you want without being banned)

They don't even bother to explain you why they made the decision to ban you. You know why? Because they can not prove you broke any of those rules. Their aim is not to protect you, but to steal from you. I've put my money into that — shipping the items, giving away my things. And "bums" they ban me. Saying "looks like" you might have broke our rules. It's only their conjecture and they know it. That is why on all of my letters they are giving me the same answers (IF THEY ANSWER, COZ MOST TIMES THEY DON'T). Even that one here is just "ctrl+c" "ctrl+v". And they don't return you the money of course.

++++++HOW THE STORY ENDED++++++

Afterwards I decided to take the last attempt and wrote to the administrator (using the e-mail mention in company's description). The next day I got a reply from Tae, who was very nice to me all the way and explained why and what exactly we did wrong. Asked me lots of questions on my case and afterwards promised to unban our accounts. Was very patient and polite. We made a promise not to ever do that again.

So tip for beginners
If you refer your friends, people you live with, make sure they know the rules and that they won't bid your auction. And read them carefully on your own. And if you have the same physical address with another person make sure to manually approve it.

Happy bidding)

listiau1
1/23/15

I've been using Listia for a few months now, and have had my ups and downs. I like that they utilize PayPal. I also find the concept of buying/earning credits to use for purchases interesting. There are options to either purchase credits with a credit card - or by checking out sponsor items to earn them...which, from my experience, didn't always work. There are some bugs to work out I guess. It may be a bit degrading to think of it as a "poor man's eBay", because I think there's a lot of potential with this service. There are plenty of bargains to be had in area of "knick-knacks". I've mainly been using it to acquire digital movie codes (no physical media, just the codes), which is usually hard to find on eBay, or anywhere else for that matter. My problems have occurred with sellers who sometimes don't follow through with their obligations. I suppose that can happen through any internet merchant. With Listia, I've had at least a couple of occasions where I bought a digital movie code, and the seller failed to confirm that a physical DVD was required to redeem it, the code was expired, or - after collecting my points - they didn't bother sending the code at all. It takes 5 days for the seller to respond to a complaint and to get credits refunded. On the occasions where I've had a problem, I was able to get a pretty good deal on my purchase - and after the second seller issue arose, I started to wonder: Is the seller refusing to follow through because they want to re-list the item and potentially get more for the sale? Something to keep an eye out for. Seeing Listia reps respond to user issues on SiteJabber is encouraging. So assuming I see improvements in functionality and user experience, I hope to come back and give Listia a higher rating.

Tip for consumers: As with eBay, read the item descriptions CAREFULLY. Ask questions of the seller if something is unclear. If the seller does not respond - BEWARE!

iana19
1/20/15

Well, Listia isn't what I thought it was - what's the point of watching and bidding if you can set a max bid and be outbid by someone who's not technically "watching" the auction? Had one open in my browser for 3 days and saw no activity until I placed a bid, then BAM. Upon bidding the "Current Bid" was 1000 meanwhile it was actually much more than that due to someone placing a "MAX bid". Stupid waste of time and patience and couldn't care less about what the community thinks of this or my actions to have knowledge of the proxy bidding before I tried bidding, Its just Listias way of hyping you up so that you buy credits which I refuse to do until I know first hand that this site is completely legitimate. Gotta love advertising. New users remember, one of life's biggest cliches "Nothing in life is free". I've emailed Listia requesting my account to be deleted and received an email stating that I should wait 2 business days for a reply, and there's a link to check the status of my request, I clicked it and was denied access to my request. So not only does the site suck because the bids aren't live, but also because I actually have to work with the site to remove my account after being suckered into putting all my personal info up. Should I receive phone calls or emails advertising or whatever from this point forward I'll be doing much more blasting than a mediocre review. Stick to Ebay where you don't have to "buy" credits in order to bid and don't get suckered in by the "Free Credits" crap unless you're fully prepared to go through the hassling process of buying credits, bidding, and repeating.

***EDIT***: I have now been through the emailing process of requesting my account deleted FOUR times and my account is still up, they claim they cannot access my account to delete it and keep asking me to log back in and send new requests and now this clown beneath me is talking to me like I'm technologically declined and I'm not about to work with you to get things done, bud. I'll check back in a few days or so. You and your site are not worth the time. I'll worry about it more when I receive any unwanted advertising. <n|m o_O m|n>

Tip for consumers: Stick with Ebay, you need a credit card to purchase credits anyways and Listia won't accept a Visa Debit.
Listia simply has extra step from bidding with a credit card or paypall on Ebay by making you buy and bid with credits and its a total gimmick.
Unless you have good credit and like the idea and concept behind the site, again, stick with Ebay and real currency.

timothyb43
1/17/15

Listi a is okay to use but I have had some issues and some activities people do on listi a are against our rights and the law I've had some good and bad times but overall its ok I don't think its ok It could be better like there needs to be a set value that the credits have such as 1000 credits equal $1.00 so people are not paying $500 worth of credits to buy a item only worth half that such as if I baught a Xbox one for 500.000 credits I'd have to pay nearly $500 to buy those credits also they need to have professional trained admins on the site also the address thing is a huge issue for example a guy signs up for listia and lives in a public housing with public wife and the ip is the same as other ppl so say there's 8 apartments and they have listi a accounts listi a will delete them now that needs to be fixed I live in one of these places and 14 apartments use the same ip also the household thing is not fair I lived in a house where i shared the kitchen and bathroom and living room with other ppl but paid for my own room I was my own household and the other people were there own household but because listia has a rule 1 account per address this is really a bummer to people listi a needs a page where u file a application and show that u get mail at that address and needs to make exceptions for people who live in places like this no wonder listi a has a 2 star rating if you would just take these few simple steps listia you would have better reviews and more customers

Tip for consumers: This site is ok but needs work by the owners its up to you to check it out I wouldn't say no or yes

jessicah52
1/9/15

I agree with a lot of the reviews.They suspended me with no warning and in the real world people deserve a warning first.I was a member since April 2014 and had 100% all positive not even a neutral rating with no complaints or anything.and I had over 28,000 credits that I will never be able to use now and I worked so hard for them and Listia said "The reason for the ban is:- Multiple accounts"

so I wrote them and said "This is not right .I go to log in and it says my account is suspended so I log in to my email to see what listia said and they said "The reason for the ban is:- Multiple accounts" how is that.I only had 1 account so I don't know how listia came to that.Please let me know what the account was cause I only had 1.I never did anything wrong.I followed all the rules so for listia to say I did/had something that I didn't is just an out right lie and wrong.I guess listia can ban people for unjust reasons and it is ok.I must have answers please.I worked hard and followed all the rules for my points and then to see that I am banned just makes me want to to cry to think I wasted all that time and energy for nothing.Thanks for nothing.I must know which other account or accounts you think are mine.You know in the REAL world people have a right to know things that they are falsely being accused off."

and they said

"Thank you for contacting us MizzDigby.

It appears the account in question received a full account suspension due to an account already being opened by this person."

Then I said

"could you please tell me what other account you all think was mine.I never had another account.That was my 1 and only account and it makes me want to cry that people think I am doing that and closing my only account when I love listia and wouldn't do anything to brake any rules.

Then they said

"You previously had an account under the username Freebie_Queen."

so I said

"I do not have that name.I closed that account a long long time ago cause of stuff happening with my family and other stuff and I never had time for it and thought I would never return then I decided to return to listia so I created that new name.I though it would be ok since that account was shut down and I didn't have access to it anymore.I have heard of people doing that without problems.I love listia and am very sad that I can't use it.Please help me out I would love to return.I am not a rule breaker and would never do anything against listia rules.I mean I had that mizzdigby account since April 2014 without any problems till now.If all this was a concern then how come it didn't happen till almost 9 months later.I had 100% perfect feedback without any problems or complaints from any member so why now does listia see me as a problem when there are underage scammers who should be removed but get to stay when me someone who follows all the rules without problems gets removed.I see that as a big deal."

Now I am just waiting for reply from this unfair site.

UPDATE:I contacted that Tom person who commented to my review and I said

"You comment on my listia review saying I didn't send stuff but I sent everything and I had no idea that was why that account was closed.If I had known then I would have tried to fix it and make it right but now I can't cause I don't know who bought what cause that account was closed.I would need there info to fix the problems.When the account was opened I sent everything.I am not a rule breaker and I asked listia to close that account cause I was having problems and home and didn't have time for listia and thought I wasn't going to come back and that is why I thought the account was closed not the non-delivery thing.I love listia and would never do anything wrong there.I heard of people leaving and then later returning so I thought it would be ok.I didn't know it would get me in trouble for multiple accounts.I am sorry for any problems I may have caused.

So were do I go from here?

Are you telling me that I can never return to listia?"

so I will see what they say and the I have yet to hear back from email from the other Mod.This site not helpful at all.

Tip for consumers: I would watch out for them cause if you are honest and follow all the rules then they may remove you to.They have there favorites that can get away with everything and still get to stay when people who follow all the rules and don't do anything wrong get removed without warning so if you want to waste your time and energy and maybe money then this is the site for you.

razv2
1/8/15

hi
am a member of listia sinsce 6 months. i loved this site verymuch. i got 100%feedback untill 1/5/2015. everyone enjoting new year but am very sad. i reffered 9 members to listia. in that 7 memebers r joined and lefted. because they are not intrested because of silly rules. after that my sisters heard about listia how am enjoying in this site, they joined with my reference. and they auctioned some auctions. but some of fruad people in listia flagged their auctions with out any reason and listia remooved their all auctions so they feel sad and asked me u said about this site is good but it is a waste of site , so i helped them to how to list the auction. in this reason listia suspended my account without any reason and without any explanation. my sisters stays in different countries. when i cotacted listia then they said first am having multiple accounts so my account remooved. then explained everything then listia said i transferred my credits to them and i taken credits from them. then i said to listia u can check my account clearly i never transferred any credits and never taken. i just got credits by referral. and now listia is not responding just like that. i did lot of hardwork to earn credits i auctioned some items and i completed surveys and offers so i have now nearly 100,000 credits. but listia taken all credits and suspended my account without any legal reason. now i got it why all people are saying listia is a scam and cheater. when i was first heared about listia like these things i thought they are lieing but now i realised how listia can cheat people with their emotions. what are u say about my account now listia? if listia really helpful site to people then understand their problems first then take any actions. i contacted several times listia customercare but i didnt get any reply after explaining everything. now i lost my account and my credits also those are 100,000 credits. and i won some auctions and i didnt get them and some people won my auctions but i cant send them now.

Tip for consumers: be aware if u join listia then dont refer any freinds otherwise u get banned

rebeccap4
1/6/15

It seems like most items posted on this site get lots of bids rather quickly. Every thing I have tried to get from here has gone up to several thousand points and I end up not being able to get it. In order to get points you have to list items which means finding something you can part with that someone else would want, taking pics of them, writing descriptions, mailing them (which includes paying to send them if you offer free shipping). If you want to get items and don't have things to list then you have to pay for points or sign up for free trials of things and such to get points. The whole point of using listia is because you can get free stuff. But, if you have to sign up for things and pay for bids it's not free. I was looking for some yarn on there and the bids went from a couple hundred to a couple thousand in a few hrs. and it still had 5 days left. By the time it was done I would have had to buy points to get the yarn and I may as well just go out and buy yarn if I have to do that, cause it's no longer free. I wouldn't spend $20 on bids just to try and get yarn or a shirt or something when I could end up being outbid and waste the money. May as well just go to the store and buy stuff for that amount and actually get the item. If you have lots of things to part with and want to take the time to list them then it would be worth using the site. If not then it's pretty much not worth it. So annoying how everything goes up to thousands of points and you can't get anything unless you've listed a bunch of stuff that and/or spent money to get loads of points.

Tip for consumers: If you want to get items from here you need to have items to list that people will want. So, first you need to gather up some things and list them to earn points or spend the money and buy points because you will need loads of them to get things. All of the listings seem to go to thousands of points fast.

reigns
1/5/15

I'm about to close my listia account due to too many grasping, lying, manipulative and cheap members. I spend hours of my time, and a lot of money hand making the baby items i list, which I can otherwise sell for a decent profit on etsy or eBay, but I try to be a good person and offer my items for credits, rather than cash. I've never asked for more than 5000 credits for my items, and never sold them for more than 8000. They are professional, show-quality pieces. They're sold elsewhere as newborn photography props. I've seen cheaper knock-offs sell for 78000 or more. However, I'm not greedy. I'd rather help someone in need than get credits. What bothers me is how buyers see a quality item, which is already listed at a severely low price with free shipping, and then either offer an insultingly low GIN, or send private messages for a custom order, wait until the item is made, then message that they don't have credits, and try to manipulate me to just send them the item for free. It's disgusting! So, after my current auctions end (which already have bids, so I can't close them) I'm deleting my account, and never looking back.

Tip for consumers: Dont bother.

amberb23
1/5/15

I can't get enough of this site. I win stuff on listia and turn around and sell it on ebay! The best part about this site is that you spend credits, not money. You can get credits by doing surveys or giving things away. Many newbies thinl they don't have to send the item... Actually, they won't get any credits until the winner says they recieved it.

racheln14
12/28/14

I dropped Listia pretty quick because after getting hosed on shipping for a stuffed purse auction I decided it just wasn't worth it. My husband is housebound though and collects coins so he has stayed with it a while longer. Listia's rules for listings are in a constant state of flux. He had extras of a dollar coin (he won the extras on Listia) so he listed the ones he didn't need to fill up his album. One auction was removed by Listia for being an 'illegal' auction. The other two (same coin, same mint and date) were left up. He has now received notice that his account is suspended because he listed 'illegal' coins that were the same as some he recently auctioned on Listia. I have noticed his account seems to be more carefully reviewed whenever Listia does a promotional credit offer. He also seems to have had increased scrutiny ever since he outbid another member for a coin. Listia has a robust tattletale system where members get badges for reporting 'illegal' auctions even though the rules on the site don't specify in detail what makes a coin 'illegal' or 'collectible', this information is only shared via private message/email from a moderator once you violate the rules and changes depending on the moderator. Most recently he was told only uncirculated coins are allowed never mind that you could probably find a hundred auctions right now for circulated coins on Listia. Listia's end game seems to be to get people to buy credits and then ban them for some supposed violation of the rules so they can keep the credits and the money. Save yourself a headache, if you trade coins go to Numista.

Tip for consumers: Just don't use the site.

allyg1
12/25/14

I am quite disappointed in this site. They admins do not know how to deal with a dispute fairly, and you can easily be scammed. Listian maryjaneblair is a scammed who is rude, and scammed me. Watch out for her. She has a tendency to buy your item and then claim she never got them.

kimm73
12/23/14

Way too many scammers on this site for me. As a newer user it took me a little bit to get the hang of things. I lost out on shipping at first and quickly figured out how to set minimum bids. Instructions on the site can be difficult to find for certain questions. After selling those items, I tried to use my credits. I have bid on and won 7 auctions. To date, I've only received 1 item. 1 is still pending. 5 I had to request refunds of my credits because seller wasn't redponding to me or just never sent item. I would give them plenty of time (in most cases a month) to ship. I left neutral feedback (because the option for negative feedback was disabled) after the latest scammer got $7. of my shipping fees which I had to pay thru pay pal. She wrote back lying saying I didn't read instructions and just paid shipping five days ago and didn't wait 14-21 days for the item. In fact, I had paid shipping over 34 days prior to filing dispute and then waited over 30 days for shipping. There are a few good sellers. The one item I won came with the week of winning the auction. The other I am waiting on was shipped the day after I won auction. These good sellers are few and far between the scammers though. Most other reviews I have read in this site are also true.

meredithm5
12/20/14

Listia is a scam for sellers. Living in Canada I cannot provide tracking. It costs too much. So I state as much, as Listia asks me to. Well, I believe the buyer thinks it is quite alright to claim they never received an item. And I have paid REAL $S to ship it to them. Then they want their points back, but do they have to send the item back to me---NO!--This doesn't seem to be a Listia policy, as it is on eBay or Etsy. This site is NOT FREE! FOR THE SELLERS IT COSTS A FORTUNE. As of this moment, it is no longer in my life.Write your review to help others learn about this online business

Tip for consumers: SCAM. COSTS SELLER MONEY.

at399
12/20/14

Lista fixes bids!I bid on an item up to the last second which was like 3:30 but they let someone win who haden't bid since 2:30 according to there own bid listing mind you!!That side is a waste of time.And on top of it to many people on there playing games I had someone who won my auction but they never would give me a real name to send it to so they never got it.Sounded to shady!!Sorry to say I will leave Lista it's not right.

Tip for consumers: Be careful.

brianc69
12/20/14

Listia is a good site but the moderators def are lacking, they post rules and then choose to break them for some members I recently had a dispute with a seller , cuz item was not item sent and Listia rules that seller has 7 days to give them the verified address , meanwhile 14 days past with numerous emails to Listia and only 1 response and that was that seller had til nov 26th deadline or credits would be refunded automatically to me ( which was 9 days after the 1st message said 7 days) then , wow, Listia claims that they had address in time but didnt give it to me so I was out the shipping I paid seller and my shipping paid to send back item... Okay now the 2nd and current dispute: I listed 2 sets of headphones and the winner did gin deal for both and in winners own words the items were as described but 1 of them smelled a little like smoke and he cant use them, he even sent message stating he understood if I didnt refund cuz he should have asked in 1 of the many messages. Then he opens dispute anyways and of course very quickly listia ruled in his favor , even though in policies it say to bidders to make sure before bidding that you want item and you know what you are ghetting.
So now after paying 12 bucks for 1st dispute in shipping and 21 bucks on the latest 1 I am screwed again , I have to relist them when I get them back and pay more shipping. Listia tied up my credits in 1t issue for 3 half weeks so who knows what this 1 will bring. They def seem to have they're favorites here and opt to bend rules in they're favor and not once in mine favor, even though the rules say both times should have .

Tip for consumers: use with caution and dont expect miracles

seanb40
12/20/14

Holy crap. This is some bs on this free site. They scam you as much as possible. Their support team is inexperienced. Doesn't know how the site runs. Or doesn't like it when you're right and they're wrong. They closed my account for some fake bs. When I was an experienced user. NEVER USE IT NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU THINK IT IS. THEY EVENTUALLY CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT DOWN.

casieo1
12/20/14

I lost over 400,000 credits and was banned for something I was suspended over months ago and haven't done since . It was weird. I got online to find I was banned. I have been harassed by a moderator and I even filed a complaint but nothing went from it.
I've had my life threatened more than once by scammers and Listia didn't remove them
They put in a new policy of no digital items which is my creative side. The day after the policy took effect and I listed stuff, they were all deleted with no explanation . Then 7 day suspension . I complained to the moderator whom then began to Harrass me. It only provoked him once I filed the complaint then I was banned.

I'm looking to file harassment charges against moderator Taz
And will see what an attorney says about them not protecting members from threats

Tip for consumers: If you suffer from anxiety or stress don't sign up! Most of my neutral feedback is because I didn't ship for free but that's not what they write
The problem is, that's all you see . You can't see my remark to their complaint
Moderator abuse their power. They know we need them

morgans25
12/16/14

Love the site, hate the so called 'Support Team.' 100% useless, unprofessional and vindictive (they don't like it when you prove them wrong).

Opened a request about a month ago about getting a slanderous comment removed, even had proof that the comment wasn't true, but Listia refused. A couple of weeks later they remove some of my auctions and suspend my seller account stating, "(My) auctions are slanderous and (they) don't allow slander."

Then there's the whole incident involving a seller who didn't know how to properly ship her item and I had proof and still got my account suspended, seller was never asked to provide proof, they just sided with her. Said, it was okay to suspend my account for suspicious activity even though I provided photo evidence. After I had paid for the shipping for the item that arrived 'Postage Due' the Listia contract was null-and-void, per Listia policy, which means they officially had no jurisdiction over the transaction, yet they still suspended my account.

Listia policy is a joke and, no matter what it says, Listia 'staff' doesn't give a damn about its users. They will copy and paste whatever vague policy guideline they think answers your question just to get you off their back (trust me, I've had multiple duplicate answers to the same request from different people because they only read the topic line and legitimately nothing else).

I've won some great things on the site, but lately, due to the integrity of the sellers, in general, and Listia's 'Support Team's' inability and lack of interest in doing something about it, I've become more and more unsatisfied with the site and actually find myself using it less and less.

Tip for consumers: Use the site at your own risk, and, if you do, think twice about opening a Support Ticket because their entire 'team' is full of $#*! (like Tom F).

jonathann9
12/15/14

I think the site is great. There are a few hiccups that need to be addressed but overall it is a nice place to bid on things you want but don't have the money for. I found things around the house I don't use anymore and decided to post them and to my surprise I got good bids. I complete offers for credits as well and with the auctions of things I don't need and the completed offers I was able to buy many things. Even sold a cell phone I don't use anymore for 200k credits which I paid 2k credits for on Listia. Of course I had to fix the broken screen and unlock it but hey that is a 198k credit increase than what I paid. That is awesome!!

Tip for consumers: Don't try to come on scamming and have multiple accounts because it is easy to track your IP and figure out you are bidding on your own auction to boost credits.. Regards jonathannagel1

13 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Listia staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Why can't my friends of Facebook bid on any of my actions? When he bid on one of mine is said deleted fraud activity or something like that. How can it be Fraud if they say post on there so more people can bid on your action!? He wanted it & is a friend so he wanted to bid so I don't understand that. Can anymore help? Is it going to cause a problem for the both of us?
8/31/13
Answer
oliviel
A: if your friend bid on your auctions, u both will be suspended quickly. dont do it.
3 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: do you get paid in cash on your auctions when you list on listia :
1/28/15
Answer
simonm44
A: if buyer suspended seller may not get any credits.
3 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Listia staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

22 Photos for Listia