US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

brittnayh

The amount of credits you earn does NOT cover your shipping cost. (in 181 reviews)

jodiem18

I have sold and "bought" many items on it and overall, I've been very happy with it. (in 114 reviews)

event4

I've been warned DOZENS of times about various rules I've broken----still have an active account. (in 100 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

cae21
5/18/16

Just this week they removed 3 of my listings because I only listed one of each per listing. They wanted 5 or more in each listing but my experience has proved that a multi item listing does not earn enough credits to cover the cost of the item and the shipping. It was the 3rd time I've been reprimanded and the second time they removed my listings. They should also allow a reserve. Debra H. said it used to be fun and I agree, but not anymore. Mostly Chinese listings with no free shipping.

debrah32
5/11/16

I've been on Listia for three years now. At first, I sold and bought a lot of stuff. Then the pro sellers got on and prices started to get crazy. Now, it seems it is only professional sellers and everyone is charging outrageous shipping prices. You can't afford to bid on anything if you are only a part-time player.

mikes391
5/10/16

When I started on Listia at least a couple of years ago, credits were I believe worth about $1= 1000 credits, and they were fairly stable for quite a while. I really haven't followed it very closely recently, but I believe the inflation started about a year ago and now is just out of control. I just checked the going rate on 5/10/16, they are now going for $1=9100 credits. So my approx. 25000 credits instead of being worth about $25 are now worth approx. $2.75.
Management does not seem to care and just keeps on issuing more credits in different ways, so I see no end in site for this hyperinflation.

I got stuck with my credits, I bought some to purchase something, won the item. Seller did not ship or respond to me. Although at the time Listia refunded for some of my purchased credits I had to keep some. They will not refund anymore for purchased credits even if sellers don't complete sale.

Stay far away, very far away unless you plan on using your credits very quickly.

mego6
5/8/16

Feel scammed by both Listia (who allowed this to be published) and TrialPay. I did an offer which said, word for word, "confirms instantly'' to get bonus credits.
Wow, THIS surely did not happen. I am now getting the runaround from TrialPay, asking for screen shots of my computer to prove I made the transaction.
the words confirms instantly is completely fraudulent!

chelseas24
5/4/16

So first off, the stupid surveys never work! Only rarely am I able to get full points, or any points in that matter. The surveys always ask for personal info like emails and addresses. Even phone numbers sometimes! I have been scammed on credits as well. Some survey options say that all you have to do is enter your email and credits will be rewarded. Well guess what, I have done that and haven't gotten the credits but instead I have gotten tons of spam emails from thoes so called surveys! It's far to difficult to get credits because of the stupid surveys and app downloads. They should just have all video stuff so all you have to do is watch an add or whatever and earn credits! It's pissing me off! Not to mention the fact that they keep expired surveys up so when you click it, it doesn't work and they should just give you the credits anyway because it's no fair advertising that you will get credits if you do this survey or this slide show thing but they don't even work!

chrish212
4/22/16

Credit to dollar ratio sucks, good luck even getting credits back on your shipping cost! I'm done selling until the credits comeback down! Ever since they instituted the sell your credit, the ratio has been going up. My guess is the power sellers sell their items in large chunk, turn around and set their credits for sale at a stupid ratio like 8500 to the dollar. But listia does not care they take 20% of the money you make from selling your credits. Hell even Ebay does not take 20% common already!

jessicaa80
4/20/16

PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE READY TO BAN TOGETHER TO FILE A LAWSUIT AGAINST LISTIA.COM .. THEY HAVE TECHNICALLY STOLEN FROM ME.. i just opened a account paid for credits and they banned it saying i had a previous account which i did not and i just shipped out $200 worth of items to people and they are refusing to do anything about it.. WILL BE POSTING THIS EVERY WHERE..i have a cousin who is a lawyer in california and will be contacting him. would like to get as many people together on this as possible to ban together to take action against this company who is stealing and ripping us off..https://www.facebook.com/666mistress.darkstar666

*CURRENTLY LISTIA IS MESSAGING ME SAYING THEY WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE SITUATION WE WILL SEE IF THEY CAN FIX THE SITUATION OR IF THEY WONT DO ANYTHING ILL KEEP YOU UPDATED*

*They reinstated my account but i still have to figure out how to deal with the negative feedback's i received items people did and didnt get since i had to have usps intercept the two packages that hadnt been delivered yet.. and all the credits i didnt get and peopel still recieved their items....all because of this mess... *sighs* such a pain

hollyr17
4/8/16

NEW REVIEW FROM 4-11-16
I JUST BOUGHT 100.00 IN CREDITS AND MY ACCOUNT WAS AGAIN SUSPENDED RIGHT AFTER! SO YES IT IS BECAUSE OF ME BUYING THE CREDITS. THIS IS BULL CRAP. I'M MISSING OUT ON AUCTIONS RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I CAN'T BID! I have reopened my case since it was just closed today because, that's how long it took listia to get back to me after I opened the case 3 days ago. I'm sorry to be like this but, Im really mad. What's the point of having all these credits if I cant use them when I want too?

Review from 4-8-16
Please fix my account have spent hundreds of dollars buying credits so I could make sure I was the winner of this auction a seller claimed the higher the bids went the more the seller would add. So I since I didn't have enough credits I bought them through there system that they have no where in the rules that you will be suspended for buying from them. Errrrr. But I just wanted to win the auction and I did but now I have a ton of extra credits that I can't even spend. I have opened a case and I really hope they reply soon and take that off or refund my purchases.

hazele7
3/31/16

They want you to start liking it and get you in. You start getting bigger then its like they do not like that so they pick on you. You voice your complain they either ban you or delete your account or the basic saying you need to read our rules. Your rules are bull$#*!. You say invite people to your site. They do not want people you know on it oh because they thinking you screwing the system if you sell to friend in another state that you know in real life. They call that fueling credits back and worth what $#*! if your friend saw on your page it already has bids on it so they bid on you get in trouble because it someone you know wins it. Come on this bull $#*! don't even get me started on the same house or even same IP addresse because in there eyes that is fraud they committing that by allowing little prove to there support tickets they chose there ruling. I have seen people rip a pic off goggle and say that was the prove list is rules with them. Going back IP address thing. So you telling me oh you can't live with anyone you know that is on listia with you. That is great way to $#*! the people screw people out credits. Shut down my account just because I expose your dirty little secrets to the world have at it I don't care now. Because I'm done with drama that is like we back in high school or worse there little kids on here that sell there drawing they supposedly draw when you can tell they rip it off online to just get credits. Talk about the credits price man oh man one day it can be 5k next can be 10 k for just a $ worth. It crazy I have since more then once or twice even more three times 1$ amazon gift card go for way more then it worth I mean 5 times it worth I'm like what the $#*!. Its like this school of scammer teaching them how to. Ya I have got things and all but since I got big its like almost everyday I'm getting some backlash some $#*! that is $#*! up that I did not do and I try to prove it they think oh no she or he is no good so let's side with other side. People will claim don't get stuff when you know you have sent it and have tracking. You say to listia you never got it 99% of time they return your credits with no asking for prove so then the seller is screw over even if they did send it can prove it with tracking . So the winner gets credits and the idem.Listia does not care if you get screwed over if they think what they did is right they will call you all kinds names and give you ban for it. Talk bad about them they ban you for good its like school I tell you

katlynt2
3/30/16

I spent a lot of time doing surveys and I never got all of my credits!!!!! like 1/6 of them.
Also I commented on a pair of bluetooth headphones saying I'm 13 would they fit me...
I MENT MY DAUGHTER IS 13 and then that USER REPORTED ME AND I GOT BANNED...
OVER A MISTAKE!!!

I was bidding on 6 items that is WOULD HAVE WON!!!

I LOVED YOUR WEBSITE AND WAS ABOUT TO RECOMMEND IT TO MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY UNTIL YOU TOOK MY ACCOUNT!!!

5 stars well done if not...

ieff
3/29/16

I like the site, I've been selling bitcoins here now for a while. Though I still am a bit suspicious about the waiting list to sell my credits... How long does this even take normally???

maryc216
3/28/16

They state they make things fair for everyone. Well they havent they state no rude or personal comments on feedback or on the auctions, well it happens anyways. I have screenshots of where people have been rude and disrespectful and then listia admins not doing anything about it. Even with the credits, but thats another subject. I say that the fact that they are biast and unjust unfair and well just plain rude. Now also my father has an account and has listed a 1978 s error penny thats not in circulation only for collections. But he clearly stated that it was not for use only for the collections. Well listia has threatened him if he listed again that he would be banned permanently. What should you guys do about this? Does this sound fair to you no it dont. The bbb should make this rating an f in my opinion. Due to all the scams.

akij
3/24/16

i paid 50 dollars for credits and then right after they suspended my account and i told them to give me my money back or un suspend my account but they just ignored me and didn't help at all.

jc197
3/18/16

I started using Listia 3 years ago, and I've seen everything there is to see on the website. I also experimented quite a bit with the many features of the website, and have come to the conclusion that while some of the "negative" reviews on here are a result of people not reading rules or understanding how the website works, the majority of the negative reviews are a result of the poor customer service and scams promoted by the website.

I'll break down the positive and the negative for all interested in the site, and I am indeed covering everything as I have perceived it, so pay attention:

The Positive:
1. You can sell old belongings on the website and retain their value in the form of a website-only currency that allows you to essentially trade for other old belongings that may interest you more.
2. The format for listing auctions and their rules is fairly simple, and runs smoothly.

The Negative:
1. "Listia's Tom F.": His job is to essentially dismiss the wrongdoings of the company and make those who have had problems look like they were mistaken, or had lied in order to end up in whatever bad situation they did. That's my perception as a result of the way I have observed his handling of the many complaints issued here.

For example, one user claimed it took 3 weeks for Listia to respond to a support ticket. Listia Tom responded aggressively by saying that they "certainly do not respond in x amount of weeks", therefore calling the individual a liar. Interestingly enough, however, many including myself have had issues with support tickets not being paid attention or dealt with for weeks on end by Listia. It is a real problem, but to anyone new Tom's commentary makes it sound like that would never happen, when in fact it does.

Not only this, but when new users have had issues regarding signup or having their accounts randomly banned, he has been intentionally unhelpful, often saying "well, if something happened it was definitely your fault" despite the fact that I have a friend whose account was banned without reason. (It took this friend nearly a month to finally get into contact with Listia and get his account back, and even they couldn't provide explanation for why it had been banned, as there was no reason cited in their logs. So yes, Tom, it does happen.)

And Tom? Good customer service acknowledges wrongdoings and promises to resolve them! You, however, attempt to demerit or cover them up.

In addition to this, interestingly enough, a day after a friend of mine posted a negative review of Listia, a new passive aggressive review was written by a random new user here for 5 stars- and the details of the review made fun of everything my friend had said in his review.
This suggests Listia had written the review itself to negate the bad experience and boost the star rating on Sitejabber.
(And I'm sure Tom will claim none of the above is true, and attempt to have my review removed for pointing out the fact that he openly attacked a user's credibility and lied.)

2. While the basic functions of Listia are enjoyable, there is a lot of bad to be said about the concept of the "credit" currency not retaining any actual monetary value. While it is stated on Listia's legal terms that credits do not hold real monetary value, the basis of the website (essentially SELLING objects with REAL monetary value) negates this fact. Listia tries to hide behind possible responsibility for monetary loss by making this statement, but by law anything traded for currency has physical "value" beyond that of "Credits".
Not to mention the fact that regardless of ALL of that, all objects still hold PERSONAL value to an individual.
3. The online "value" of credits changes constantly. I know this concept is hard for people to understand, so I will explain; You sell an item, people win it by bidding with their "credits". You earn the credits after they receive the item. So for example, say you sold a DVD for 25,000 credits. That seems like quite a bit at the time, as Listia will be selling 25,000 credits for something along the lines of $20. However, the very next day Listia will instead sell 25,000 credits for $10. Now, your credits have become undervalued. You didn't truly make $20, because it was reduced to $10. While this doesn't immediately sound like it would have an impact on you, consider this: Now, more credits are worth less. So your measly 25000 will not allow you to bid on something you may have been able to win before, because now people can obtain exponentially higher amounts of credits for less money. A toy goes from being worth 25k to being "worth" 50k as a result of the inflation.

4. Little kids and scammers are running amok on this website, and unfortunately, this simply is NOT considered a professional website, so bullying, death threats, and scams are rather commonplace for a "common" user. I'm sure many will tell me that it's your own responsibility to not bid on "too good to be true" auctions, and to ignore nasty commentary and threats, and I am aware of the issue, but many others are not. Listia Moderators will make comments on some of the scam auctions, but never have them removed despite the fact that pictures and information regarding the auction are all obviously stolen from other websites. They might ask for a scammer to add another photo with their username next to the item they are claiming to sell, but they wont remove the auction even when the user becomes threatening or makes it obvious they are attempting to scam others. In addition to this, while warnings may be given to bullies (individuals making offensive comments on other auctions, or individuals threatening people to send them something "or else") I have yet to see these people every actually banned from the site.
5. The purpose of Listia SHOULD be and WAS to get rid of used items, but unfortunately many are using it to make profit off of others now instead. For example, one woman has been auctioning off "human hair" based wigs that are supposedly worth $300 new... But if you do a quick "search image with Google", you can find the same wig (that is proven to NOT be human hair, and NOT be valuable) for $10 on Amazon.com with free shipping. In other words, these individuals are intentionally deceptive because they want to make a profit off of those who believe Listia is competent enough not to allow people to sell knockoffs.In addition to this, there are numerous others clogging up the Listings page with knockoff technology like supposed iPhones and iPads from China. It is more than evident that they are scams, and yet? Despite many users notifying Listia, the sellers continue to sell the illegally branded technology on the website.

6. Let's stick to that point for a moment- the objects being sold on Listia. One user claimed earlier that inappropriate / dangerous objects are being sold much more often on Listia as of late. They even cited Nazi memorabilia, in addition to KKK rallying gear, cigars, certain illegal knives, and guns that are SUPPOSEDLY BB Guns, despite this point being completely unverified. In addition to this, MANY fake purses, pirated videogames, pirated movies, and other miscellaneous technology is being circulated on the website. Listia has a number of these items banned, and yet, yes, I and many others have seen them sold on the website without moderators removing them or warning the sellers! Not only this, but we as honest users have REPORTED fake items and Listia has NEVER addressed such auctions. So some are making the equivalent of a few hundreds dollars in credits off of random bags they stuck a fake label to... Tom, you can't tell a review here that it doesn't happen if they saw it themselves!

7. Listia does NOT protect it's users from potentially mentally ill, disturbed or troubled individuals. A particular user has been wrecking havoc on the website, scamming everyone she buys from by claiming that everything she receives is broken for nearly EVERY transaction, and making fun of, threatening to hurt and "ruin" users she interacts with. The most she has received is a month ban, but she's up and at her cruel shenanigans day after day regardless. Look up HippeeMama and look at her Buyer's feedback... And Listia, if you care at all, look at this woman's message logs! She is dangerous!
8. The surveys and free downloads Listia promotes to earn credits are all scams! And they LIE about them being scams, too! Other users have complained here regarding this issue, and Listia Tom's first responses were that they were either lying or mistaken, if you go far back into the first 20 reviews. Yet... how can they be lying or mistaken when I've found a way to prove they're not?

For the hell of it, I created an email account to use when all of the surveys and free downloads promoted by Listia in exchange for credits asked for it.
Now, years later checking this email, scam and spam emails still roll in from "Russian Women looking for a Rich Boyfriend", a fake Amazon email spelled AMAZ0N with a 0 instead telling me my account has been hacked into, and various Dental Implant, Burial Insurance, scam Car Insurance and Viagra ads.
Not to mention the fact that EVERY email that contacts me from a supposed corporation is from scammers pretending to be the corporation, and furthermore, the emails have viruses attached to them! And finally... the free downloads are all credit card info-stealing Trojans! They will claim to be Sports toolbars or special programs that allow you to customize your Internet Browser, but as of now I have found nearly every one to be a malicious type of spyware. The worst I encountered was a keylogger, and the fact that Listia has been made aware of this time and time again and has not stopped working with the "companies" they do to promote this spyware suggests Listia is indeed an operation based on fraudulent "business", rather than respectable/reputable business.

If you dont believe me, feel free to look at the accompanying screenshot of the emails I received as a result of signing up for Listia's promoted surveys and downloads.The email account was specifically made to sign up for anything Listia promoted me (surveys, downloads, drawingss coupons, sample organizations) in exchange for credits, so nothing there is something I encountered/obtained elsewhere.

Tip for consumers: Don't try this out without a lot of caution and common sense in hand.

justing52
3/14/16

I like Listia. The people there are great but I can't get any credits from the surveys. And they never answer me when I tell them straight up that they won't answer it. I'm tryin to get some cool stuff for my family. That will give them something for there birthdays. I got a couple of stuff coming in. The people there is good. But listia wont give me credits for my surveys. Ive spent hours on those surveys. If those surveys were given me credits. I would have had this ps3 that my poor aunt wanted given to her. Please address Listia. That they need to give me some credits that i deserved.

Tip for consumers: Make sure to try to talk to them about doing surveys.

jn44
3/12/16

Listia is nothing but scammers i listed and thw person who won emailed.me saying they were not paying the shipping this happing two more times after that same thing person won item and didnt want the.item and wanted there credits back the.stuip listia said i had two account when i only had one and my brother had one and they deleted my account with 25,000 credits. I have also won items and the people never sent the items

anthonyb108
3/5/16

Listia is a great service ive been with them almost 3 years now with a couple of minor issues with buyers now the Fill out trusted surveys section and free games for the PC are bad the surveys are normally you putting in personal information and getting nothing some are very long the free downloads are dangerous with spyware adware and viruses i have all of these from the free downloads section best items to sell are coins and mp3 devices like apple and android Good Luck on Listia

ninjad3
3/5/16

I don't know if there is a feature that outbids another bidder automatically, but everytime I bid on something 1 guy would outbid me every time eg. i bid 150 He'll bid 160, and the annoying things about this is its only one person/account who is automatically outbidding me. I'm not winning even a single bidding bc of this

bradj23
3/1/16

I'm so sick of people putting up auctions and then DO NOT SHIP THE ITEM!! It use to be 3 days before you were refunded,now it's 5 DAYS?? Just idiotic to post an auction then turn around and DON'T ship the item having buyers credits sitting in LIMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After a seller having a HISTORY of doing the same negative thing OVER and over,why isn't there account SHUT DOWN?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carmelas3
2/16/16

I liked this site at first until I spent 60.000 credits on a braclet that I never received I requested a refund and still weeks later listia has done nothing about this matter

annaa48
2/3/16

Listia banned my account because I referred the people who live in my house hold. Only 3 of us signed up but I was somehow banned. They stole money and credits from me. Do not download Listia, it is a scam.

paolad2
2/3/16

I had to comment. People are complaining about the other people on the site, which, in my opinion, shouldn't reflect on Listia. People are weird, rude and sometimes down right nasty. I love this site. I have gotten soooo much yarn on this site that I have been making afghans for my whole family and I have not paid one penny. I have listed so many products with occasional mishaps, but that's based on the people on the site. I will be on the Listia selling and bidding for as long as they will have me!!

cs129
2/1/16

I posted auctions for original photography and offered free digital copies too.

They edited my account like a toddler, said I was breaking their rules. I was in my rights to offer something extra and my freedom of speech was violated.

STAY AWAY FROM LISTIA. User: Cyntech

deannas16
1/25/16

Hi Everyone, there are good and bad in everything. In the past year I've been in Listia I had a few problems. But the good out weighed the bad by 95 %, and I have gotten some really AWESOME things! And I give kudos to the customer service for all the help I've gotten! Deann50

gailp25
1/15/16

I listed a piece of furniture For Pick Up Only. A person on the other side of California bought it, and asked me to ship it to them. Really? Then gave me bad feedback for not shipping a desk 500 miles. Listia ignored my messages. I closed my account. Too many non-shippers and weird people. 5 out of 10 never shipped items. Too much inflation with the credit system, too.

moep
1/12/16

Listia to my johny boy.

jayceec2
1/9/16

Started an account on 12/10/15 was going great at first then really started to go down hill i bought an item for a controller and the seller never responded i filed out a refund request the seller finally contacts with derogatory remarks (includes messaging) seller begins creating fake accounts to get me blocked (making comments on his other auctions and messaging himself) listia blocks me from commenting and messaging which does hinder things but not a big deal. I listed 5 item which 3 of them were received and left positive feedback and credits transferred by the buyer + bought $20 worth of credits i begin bidding on a phone case i wanted got an email claiming i was suspended from bidding for 14 days i submitted a support ticket asking why i have been suspended from bidding they claim its till the buyer receives the item they marked received and manual transferred credits and the other 2 items the credits are still pending such a scam have had to file a dispute with my card company to get my $20 back i purchased solely to bid on this item i will not be getting this item as it will have ended before my suspension most ridiculous site i have ever experienced your told to file a support ticket that most will go unanswered and closed when you do get a response its most of the time not related to the question when it is they dont offer any help or review of said suspension they just give you a generic tos response do not list your items or buy credits as they will more than likely ban you for any reason they can find stay far away from this site and BTW to the guy that is going to respond saying submit a support ticket I have submitted several either goes unanswered and closed or some stupid automated response

matthewg37
1/9/16

ITS RELLY GOOD. But the site follows a algorithm. You relly can only do a certen amount of surveys. It all depends on what you do say you do 7 surveys you might not get ALL points but you still do. So all I am saying IS RELLY GOOD but you it wisely :)

Tip for consumers: USE IT WISELY!

bailsb
1/8/16

Listia is where sellers go when they've been banned from all of the other selling sites/apps.

This site is credit based, not only will you be unable
to get a straight answer as to the dollar value of a
Listia Credit, credits change value randomly.

Example: One day they will be selling 10,000 credits for $4,
the next day it will be 5,000 credits for $6.

Dupes, fakes, & recipes that can be googled make up the bulk of the items being sold.

Customer support is slow, robotic & frustrating.

jamesz13
1/7/16

Listia stinks don't join.

andyr38
1/6/16

Used to be fun in the begining, now it's just a bunch of rude a-holes who want to try and rip you off. WAY to many people using it as a business site, ripping you off by charging to any points, then wanting more $ for shipping. I can go buy half the stuff myself.....cheaper than points plus shipping. How but that!?!?!?! Now my wife got banned because some stupid chic running a business thru Listia screwed up and shipped the wrong item, and then called her a liar. Total B.S. site now. We both had 100% positive feedback. Won't ever use it again, total rip off with rude ass people now.

leahb20
1/4/16

It has some good and bad things. First the good is I like you can ear points. Bad though is there is really not a lot of nice things you can earn with the points, people list their stuff way way way to high. Also I don't like that you have to verify your address it is very annoying. Plus I got yelled at on Listia by a seller that listed an item that I had at home. They said that it was this really fine piece of jewelry but I know I bought the same exact piece at Walmart for 5 dollars. Also bidding is way to competitive. I feel like you never win anything.

jessw24
1/1/16

My first listing experience wasn't a good one. My item was bought by this total weirdo who sent me this comment: (I had not said anything to him except asking for an email I can send my shipping charge to through paypal).

"Thank you for your item. I could really tell that you love me and my family. <-[WTF?!]

No offense my cousin said that you are idiots by i don't think so."

He sounds exactly like the automated scam emails I get from Craiglist (but at least those people only waste a second of your time). Three days now and he still won't send his email. He sent his address though.

Yeah, no, I'm not sending anything until I get my shipping fee. Total scammer, weird automated message, and total waste of 10 days.

Also, the value of their credits changes like, multiple times a day. It's annoying. I'm worried that if I give away stuff, before I can save enough credits to get something I want, my credits are going to be worth much less.

This was my first (testing the waters) experience and it wasn't a good sign.

Honestly, just selling your stuff for cash and then using that cash to buy what you want is easier. I recommend: Ebay, Amazon, or Craigslist.

luannp2
12/31/15

I've been a member for over four years. The customer service is excellent. When I submit a question or support ticket..I never have to wait over a couple if days..most questions will be answered the same day if you submit them soon enough. I may not always like what the answer is..but I consider them to be fair. If you want to be successful on listia..here's what you should do...follow the rules..offer up clean and useable items..take good pictures..give a clear description..pretend that you are the potential bidder..what would you like to know? Answer any good question..it makes people more confident to bid on your listing. Always send your item..no matter what the final bid is..and ship in a timely manner with good packing and tracking. Be nice, be pleasant. Occasionally, you will get that "problem bidder". It's easy to block them. Keep everything positive..your ads, your responses, your questions, etc. People will respond to your attitude. Again, always follow the rules! There are more things that I could say..but these are the basics. If you do these things, you will love a Listia too!

hannahd13
12/30/15

“baning account” - they ban your account without warning. My account got banned for violations when i didn't violate any of their rules and wasn't told what I violated. I made another account to try it again and got ban without even being given a reason. They didn't even tell me why I got ban. The day before I got ban I had spent money on points for the site. It seems that they took my money and turned on me and left

samh85
12/28/15

they ban your account without warning. My account got banned for listing violations when i didn't violate any of their rules. I made another account to try it again and got ban for listing violation and for having multiple accounts. They didn't even tell me what listing violation i broke.

janetr31
12/15/15

I'm really so upset about a problem that i'm having on Listia. I don't understand why the moderators dislike me so much.
I have been enjoying this site for months...i think i'm addicted to it...but that's going to have to change i guess. I had a really good auction of an old Waltham Pocket Watch of my Dad's. A lot of people were interested in it and i got a nice high bid. The person that won gave me positive feedback..and a couple days later wanted his credits back. The moderator sided with him, without telling me why. I had not broken any rules.
I guess the worst part is that i don't have 400,050 credits to refund. So i'm sure i will end up banned soon. Very sad and upset :(

shirleyd25
12/12/15

I grow a garden, collect seeds, and when I found Listia I thought I had hit pay dirt. I have had such sweet little notes and prompt service. Being a newbie I goofed once and buyer so understanding--I more than made up for the error in my shipment. Maybe gardeners are just a wonderful down to earth group to hang with. I don't know, but I have enjoyed so immensely. Only been at it a few weeks, but constantly got things going out and coming in. Christmas every day!

doesntm1
12/10/15

I was having problems getting account credited for offers I completed. Opened a ticket on Nov 20, I explained thoroughly what was happening. They replied on Nov 23 to send screenshots and the confirmation emails, I did on Nov 24. I did not hear a word until Dec 6, and that is because I replied to them asking if I was ever going to receive my credits. They replied back on Dec 8 asking me what problems I was having. Pissed me off, I replied asking if they actually read the emails people send. They replied Dec 9 telling me it is out of there hands to contact Trial Pay. Seriously, after NINETEEN DAYS, they tell me to contact the original company that I had tried 4 times on Nov 19 and every time I clicked on the Trial Pay link that was sent to me, it would just say an error and wouldn't let me continue. So, on Dec 9 I sent another email, thanking them for everything they DID NOT DO to help me. Within an hour my account was banned. Had just under 50,000 credits.

So if you ask me, don't ever piss them off or you will be banned.

kizzmich
12/9/15

Yall Listia Really Works Ive Gotten My Stuff And Its Amazing Such A Loyal Fan

leea89
12/7/15

I have been on Listia for a few years now, it was good before, but now every time I turn around, the credits have devalued and are out of control. If I list something for 21 days, by the time I hit the 10th day or so, my credit value has changed so much that I am selling my items at a loss. What with the cost of shipping having gone up and people only buying with free shipping, this site has gotten out of control and unless you are a buyer and not selling, you can get bargains.
Now, as far as feedbacks are concerned, you unfortunately bought an item from a rogue seller who had no intention of sending the item to you, and after waiting and waiting for this liar who promised to send the item and did not, he refunds my credit after two weeks and THEN CAN LEAVE NEUTRAL FEEDBACK AND RELIST THE ITEM. You get a neutral feedback for doing nothing wrong except being scammed and Listia justifies that. Then, to top it all, immediately he relists the item to scam someone else and Listia does nothing about that......
I am really sorry about this because unless you sell your item for next to nothing and take a huge loss when you add the shipping cost, you will sell nothing. I used to sell a ton of items daily and now because I am asking the equivalent of say $14 (200,000) for an item which is worth $50 or more, plus the shipping cost which is about average $5-6 you cannot sell the item. If you want anything that is worth anything now, it costs in the millions of credits, and you are lucky if you get it at all, and have to wait weeks to get a refund when you could have used those credits on something else.
It is so out of control now, I would not recommend this site to anyone at the moment. I will be leaving as I figured out how much money I have lost and nearly fainted. I am in the business of making money and not losing. The amount of work that goes into selling an item for what????? Nothing, simply nothing.
Oh, and by the way, on top of not sending me the item I won and leaving a neutral feedback, this .......$!$! is now harrassing me and sending me threatening messages.
Just so you don't land on his site (as I found out after all this that the item he is selling is garbage anyway, so I was lucky not to get it) his moniker is DelRaie. BLOCK HIM!!!!! you don't need the aggravation.
So, after having said all this, I am sad to say that I am leaving Listia after all this time as it is not worth the aggravation and loss. Really a pity because it used to be a fabulous site and I won some wonderful items, but now all the GREAT sellers have left or are leaving and only the riff raff (no shortage of them) is left to rip off anyone who they can. Sorry, Listia, you need to change your policies and get rid of the garbage and keep the valuable trustworthy sellers. Also, you need to stop this out of control devaluation of the credits. They have doubled in less than 3 months.

sandis11
12/6/15

I have been a member since Aug 2012 and could not be happier. I read these bad reviews and wonder if there is something these folks just don't grasp. Yes, you can buy credits and support the site or earn them for free by taking surveys, completing goals or just watch a video. When you sell, I strongly advise to mail with tracking and save your own butt. Yes I had a buyer state her tracked item was not received. Sad sad sad. So yes there are the scammers on both ends. Just like court you need to prove your case with any dispute. No need to complain when it doesn't go your way. So get the clutter out of your house, list it and get what you want for free. This site is so easy to use. I'm not going anywhere.

karend75
12/1/15

Got on there just to get Christmas stuff was harassed by sellers.Scammed out of points.Bullied by moderators.It has been HELL!

josephs132
11/21/15

i won a knife and when i received it had bona floor cleaner instead of my knife i asked for my credits to be refunded the agent amir wants me to return the knife that the seller claims they shipped but ive tod both seller and agent multiple times i didnt receive the knife i won it was hardwood cleaner i received and hes taking the side of the seller i for one will be boycotting listia

tomasf5
11/15/15

When sellers acquire over 500k+ credits they may get their accounts banned for no reason in order to keep them from cashing in those credits. For example:(https://www.facebook.com/notes/sandy-strong/listia-tips-best-practices-lessons-learned-experiences-and-reviews/10151862572323884)

Buying:
Flagged auctions don't get taken down and the auction browser is awful. People with no feedback can charge for shipping (no buyer protection). People are selling items for $ by setting excessive shipping costs and Listia couldn't care less.

Selling:
You get charged 10% of your auction's credits for listing GIN auction and 10% of your starting asking price whenever you list an item, irrelevant of whether it sells or not.

Mods are bullies which make up their own rules, which are not written in the terms of service.

Conclusion:
Only rarely useful, but set up for you to fail if you plan on becoming a large scale seller. If still interested, don't buy credits, sell gift-cards of the same value, they are worth over twice the credits.

PSA:
The guy that replies to the reviews has no idea what he is talking about and is only here to make Listia's actions seem justified notice he never offers to help or give reasons for what happened.

Tip for consumers: If still interested, don't buy credits, sell gift-cards of the same value, they are worth over twice the credits.

brittnayh
11/9/15

I have had many problems in the past year of selling. I do continue to sell because I am hooked. There are two big problems with this site: They want you not to charge for shipping. The amount of credits you earn does NOT cover your shipping cost. So in the end you end of up loosing. Another problem is all the auctions from china . They consume the site and it ends up being all junk for auction
Credits are pretty much worthless compared to a year ago. To win an a $15 gift card use to be a max bid of 42,000 now it is well over 142,000

mandyw7
11/3/15

I am being bullied by a seller who I bought things off of
How do you stop a seller from bullying you on listia?
& lying and making false comments about you even on reviews?
I reported it to listia, but I do not feel they care at all about this sellers lies & BULLYING AT ALL!!!!!!
she turned my words around, about everything i said and is so dishonest!

I am ready to take further action.. this person scams people & is getting way with it

gamert
10/23/15

I heard of Listia about two years ago. I never looked into it because I didn't know anyone personally who sold on there or how it worked. I've been selling online since I was fifteen on various sites and my own personal website that I closed down due to a now much more frantic schedule. I'm 21 and last month I decided to give them a try after a friend said if you need to unload some of your games and extra collectibles, my cousin is really fond of Listia.com

They don't charge you anything unless you use the GIN feature, I don't know how they make anything from Sellers x_x
The moderators are very kind and helpful even when not asked to help. I've been on Listia nearly a month and I think it's perfect. I put up my auctions on low bids and they do nicely, even if they don't, it's a win-win since I'm just trying to get rid of the collectibles and video games I don't need or have extras of. Shipping isn't that pricey in my opinion since first class is up to 13oz and priority is cheap too as long as you do your own labels so I always offer free shipping and I don't believe I'm losing out anything by doing that. I'll admit these reviews nearly scared me away but I'm glad I decided to give it a chance anyways.
Have nothing bad to say except for some of the buyers who take a bit to leave feedback. I upload tracking right after I ship so I know when the items are delivered and I feel like I have to spam some buyers to get the feedback, days after they get the item. I wish for sellers who use tracking there would be an email or something once the item gets delivered to the buyer, telling the winner to please leave feedback or something. Well over all, it's fun, it's free and it's nice to help other gamers and collectors get what they need for their personal collections if I put something they need up. I'm very pleased with the site thus far, only have had to block two users so far and I'm also thankful for that feature :) it protects me and the future serious bidders from bidders who will win and then decided they don't want my item after all. I understand that the rules say the seller has the right to keep the credits in that case but it's just too cruel for me personally so I refund and block.

It's a legit site, it's not a scam. I'm sure the negative posters have their reasons but this has been my experience on the site so far. Nothing bad to say and no I don't work for them, I'm just being an honest reviewer for the people looking into creating an account on the site.

angelap33
10/17/15

i only deal with the gardening part so cant say anything about the other auctions . i do charge shipping but give extra seeds of other varieties and . the only thing i would love to see change is when people dont pay shipping there is some reprecussions. i also dont understand why listia is now taking part of your credits. ive noticed that people are now charging more points for items. i buy alot of the seeds i sell so anything i get in shipping goes back to listia . i;m never going to get rich from what i charge for shipping but it makes it fun to be able to offer many varietys of seeds. i have only had to file a few disputes and the staff usually finds in my favor.i have gotten seeds that dont grow but that happens on ebay also. it could be my error or old seeds. i have 100 percent feedback and if someone says they didnt get it i do resend at my cost.i did get A NASTYGRAM FROM ONE MODERATOR about a item i posted it was removed but later someone else posted and sold same item .there should be rules that everyone should abide and before a someone gets banned they should get a warning and if they continue to violate then a email should be sent stating why and a way to dispute it.moderators also should respond faster but all in all i will continue to use listia. ive had the same experience with ebay except the nastygrams . i thought it was totally un called for since ive always had great reviews on listia. thanks listia for a great experience and i get a chance to win seeds and have a beautiful flowerbed every year since 2010 when i joined

kr2412
10/15/15

I don't like that they let people sell Nazi memorabilia and smoking supplies (which often get bought by people underage, which is a MAJOR problem!!!)

38 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Listia staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 week ago
Add your answer
2/29/16
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Listia staff and other customers.

23 Photos for Listia