US Government's NSF

28%
785 Castro St #C
Mountain View, CA 94041, USA
admin@listia.com

People interested in Listia are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ediet

I mainly sell beads and jewelry making supplies and I turn around my credits and buy all sorts of things for my family! (in 142 reviews)

jodiem18

I have sold and "bought" many items on it and overall, I've been very happy with it. (in 92 reviews)

katev7

i like listia, have used it almost a year, but the nasty people are just ruining it. (in 107 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

billyy3
8/27/15

I HAVE BEEN A LISTIAN FOR OVER 4 YRS YEAH I HAVE SOLD WON AND LOST AUCTIONS ON LISTIA AND I LOVE IT THERE IS NO CREDIT TO CASH AMOUNT DUE TO IT IS WHAT A BUYER WANTS TO USE A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF CREDITS TO WIN CERTAIN AUCTIONS, SO ITS REALLY UP TO THE CONSUMER WHAT THEY USE OR DONT USE AND LISTIA HAS GONE UP IN CREDITS USE TO BE 5,00 WOULD GET U 2500 CREDITS AS OF NOW 5.00 CASH IF U BUY CREDITS GETS U NOW 17000! SURVEYS CAN BE BUMMERS BUT VIDEOS ALSWAYS SEEM TO GIVE U SMALL AMOUNT OF CREDITS WHICH DOES HELP WHEN NEEDED!, THEY IS THIS USER ON THERE THAT IS AWESOME, THE SELL LIKE YUGIOH CARDS AND JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE IN BETWEEN ITS LIKE ODDS N ENDS STUFF AND U CAN ALWAYS ASK QUESTIONS AND MAKE COMMENTS AND SELLER TRYIES THEIR BEST TO ANSWER THEM ALL HONESTLY AND BETS TO THEIR KNOWLEDGE. I HAVE EVEN DONE 8 TRADES WITH THEM AND THE SELLER IS ALWAYS HONEST AND HAVE SENT ALL TRADES TO ME AFTER THEY HAVE GOTTEN FROM ME (YEAH I SEND FIRST WAS WARY BUT SO HAPPY I HAVE DONE THAT) SELLER IS THE BEST ALSO I HAVE PAID CAHS AWAY FROM LISTIA VIA SELLER RUNNINGWOLF316 VIA PAYPAL FOR DECKS AND BOXES OF CARDS AND OLDER VALUED ITEMS AND THEY ALWAYS CAME THRU. I KNOW SOME SELLERS SCAM ON THERE FOR I HAVE HAD THAT HPPEN TO ME BUT I AM SO HAPPY TO KNOW SELLERS THAT OVER A TIME PEROID BECOMES BEST BUDDIES AND ARE TRUST WORTHY AND RESPECTABLE, LISTIA IS THE BEST DUE TO THESE GOOD GREAT SELLERS AND FOR ITEMS THAT ARE SOLD ON THERE. THANKS LISTIA FOR THOSE AWESOME AUCTIONS AND SELLERS!
A SELLER AND BUYER ALWAYS!

evelynm13
8/25/15

I was recommended through fb by many friends I do like the app because you can earn credits through surveys and buying I use PeanutLabs Surveys and im being really honest but I cannot afford to use 5$ on the app only because I am verry poor but I do love how the surveys you can do it and get credits especially right now because they are 1.5x more credits I earned 6.6k credits in a survey and now im bidding on a present for my mom I really like this app/website even though I use the app you guys should try it

chash25
8/24/15

Out of all my winnings i never received more than half.ppl will say they never got your auction when they did them tell admin that way they would get your auction and keep the credits
Yes its happen to me..its all bull$#*!

rikkig1
8/20/15

I'm a huge fan of Listia, I'm not living in LA LA land, I know some people/auctions are scams!! Read everything, ask questions and if you don't feel comfortable don't bid(simple)!! I've been on Listia for about 6 months, I have a 100% track record, and plan to keep it!! I only list NEW or slightly used items, and only bid on the same, I have had a couple of issues with buyers, but at the end of the day it's not worth it to argue with them, Listia is fun for me and I intended to keep it that way. :)

dennisb75
8/16/15

Many of their own rules they break and if you get nailed for paying for something you did not get, your loss, they will not help you at all.

lorig15
8/15/15

Lets see if this even gets posted!

I had joined Listia in Jan 2010 by Dec 2010 I had completed over 250 auctions with 75 buys.

I had well over 150,000 credits. Out of the 250 sells there were 3 bad reviews, only because the winners claimed they never received their items. Which I know not to be true, I had tracking invoices..

I had put up an auction for some high end jewelry, the starting bid was 5,000 credits well under a retail value on the items. The winning bidder won with a bid of 16,000 credits.

The items were shipped at my cost along w/insurance.

The next day after this winner received her items, she decided that she didn't want them and claimed one of the earrings was broken, and wanted her credits refunded. She filed a claim stating she received damaged items.

I never saw any photos from her showing the broken earring.

I was notified by Lisita's customer service staff informing me that her credits would be refunded, they weren't going to give me the opportunity to argue the matter.

I refused to allow that to happen so I disputed her claim with photos used on that very auction. Which took well over a week of harassment emails and post from the lying winner before Listia returned their decision on the matter.

*Note: Within that time, I had won several other auctions and spent 90% of my credits

So to make a long story short, I had to pay for return shipping, I was in the minus on any future credits earned and the witch who won the auction, never shipped back the jewelry.

Two weeks later I quit Listia, then I found that the winning witch of my auction had listed a auction of her own with my undamaged jewelry!

jenniferf40
8/14/15

I love it, but I get bummed when I waste my time on an offer and never get my credits. For instance, I spent 3 days trying to get 500 Swagbucks just so I could get some credits on Listia, and I never got them. Other than that happening, Listia is great and it is worth it.

joem148
8/11/15

You are buying/selling on there. Its not free and flag all the auctions you want. They wont be taken down even if what there selling is illegat(I have proof). The free thing always makes me laugh. Id love to see them say that in court. Ebay is cheaper and they dont steal from you. Most if not all the people that said they went back after there account being shut down and credits stolen work for listia. The surveys are a scam and youll never see the credits but the videos used to work(as of a few months ago). There is a class action thats in the works I read about but who know if that will ever get off the ground. I was pretty luck only 30k was stolen from me

steven1115
8/10/15

Well, let me start by saying this. I had an account with listia that had almost 4000 positive reviews, close to 15 neutrals (cant please everyone), 0 negatives. I was a good seller, helping make listia a trusted website. They blocked my account with nearly 400,000 credits and no telling how many pending. I probably had 700,000 credits in all. This was back when 800 to 1200 credits were equal to a dollar. Now its like 6000-8000 per dollar. Everything was going great. I sold uv movie codes with an occasional electronic here and there. I was redeeming credits for gift cards, games, etc from fellow users. Then one day I noticed they had a rewards store. Then you could use gin to buy items, now it is all normal auctions. I used some of my credits to get a 40 inch tv. Or so I thought, 2 days after redeeming credits on this listia rewards store item they blocked my account. I was pissed. When I purchased items from other sellers everything was ok. Now since I bought from their rewards store my account got blocked. Numerous emails and phone calls but they would not unblock nor give an adequate reason why.I was pissed. Basically I lost around $700 worth of credits with no explanation. This includes the codes I sent as well as the items I sent. At that time I would have left them a -10 feedback. This review would be full of choice words, ranting, grumbles, negativety, etc. !!!!!!!!!HOWEVER!!!!!!!, 2 months later I decided to give it one more shot. I had opened a tictail store that was not doing well. Actually, only one sale was made and they immediately after purchase disputed the purchase and got a refund. So, I went back to listia remembering the good sales their and the great users they had. Now, 2 years later, everything is going great again. Great users, a better listia team, nearly everything. The inflation went wild a few months back but has calmed down. This is around the time listia changed the rewards store to no gin (get it now), gave more credits per $1 in the buy credits store, start new users with more credits, etc. So again, now it is more like 6000 credits equals $1. The store lists at best 324,000 for $100. But that's not the perceived value. And, later I decided to give the rewards store another shot. This was when gin was still available. All I can say is WOW!!! I redeemed for a few tvs, game systems, a touchscreen radio for both my car and truck, games, touchscreen acer computer for the house, a very nice surround system for the man cave. I could go on and on. Yes, you will run into an occasional butthole, or a child who just signed up, etc. But here is the key. Listia moderators will always look into every dispute and decide a winner/loser. sometimes both are winners. At that time both keep the credits. If the buyer does not send you a verified address, do not send your item. Listia is very on point with this. Either the buyer verifies their address or you keep the credits without sending the item. Basically free credits for you. With 99% of what I list, no shipping is required. I send the code through listia messaging. So it does not matter to me about address verification. Do your research. Find some top sellers, I recommend those with 3000 or more positive reviews and ask questions. Most will help. The fasted way to earn credits is to first get verified. That's easy to do. Then list a few small items that are cheap to ship. Build your feedback to I would say at least a positive 10. List a few small gift cards. They earn the most credits and code nothing to send the info out. Then search around, there are a lot of great deals to be had!! Now, am I upset about my first listia experience? YES!! due to the fact they blocked my account for I feel no reason. But I also remember all the good as well. BUT!!!!!, you know for me to leave listia a 5star review after that, this site has to be really great. IT IS!!! But it is very important to DO YOUR RESEARCH. Find out as much as you can. Listia considers itself to be a free version of ebay in so many ways. I assume this is for tax purposes. For us, once you learn the ropes, it is more like a trade site. Only you are using your items to trade for credits which can then be traded for other items. Im a sports fan so I relate it to this.... the Atlanta Braves and New York Yankees want to make a trade. Most of the trade pieces are right. But the Braves need a quality pitcher and the Yankees want to keep all theirs. All other pieces are good. The Braves have a good backup shortstop they are willing to include. The Yankees are set at shortstop. So, here comes the Detroit Tigers who have a stockpile of pitching but needs a shortstop. So now its a 3 team trade with all 3 teams getting what they want/need. Baseball fans understand this. Listia is like the Detroit Tigers in this situation. The trade would not have gotten done without Detroit. Listia is the same way. Would you give me gift cards for movie codes if you are not into movie codes? NO. But if I had credits received from others for my movie codes, would you now give me the gift cards for these credits? YES. Because you can now use those credits for purchases you are into. DO YOUR RESEARCH!!! Nothing on this site is free, but you can trade whatnots around the house for credits which can be used to purchase different and bigger items or many smaller items. Hope this review helps.

erics101
8/8/15

First I want to start out by saying Tom F. is not accurate in their responses. Listia sells credits for money. It use to be you could buy 19,000 credits for about 20 dollars. Last I looked you could get 28,000 credits for 10 dollars. So, that would mean, 1,000 credits use to be worth 1 dollar, now they aren't. It is simple math really.

Next, Lisita knows there is a serious issue with counterfeit items being sold on their website. All you have to do is read the comments people leave on various auctions. If Listia is really monitoring the auctions, then they know what is going on.

Try to be aware of the actual credit value, and what the item is really worth in money. Listia will claim there is no money value to their credits, but that just isn't the case. If your buying 28,000 credits for 10 dollars, that makes 2,800 credits worth 1 dollar. There are a lot of items for sale on Listia that are 2 or 3 times what they are worth. Take the Amazon gift cards, they are being sold for more then twice what they are worth. DON'T BE RIPPED OFF!

sarao8
8/5/15

I have been with Listia now for nearly 5 yrs!! I consider myself somewhat of a "Listia Vet". With Over 3200 Positive Feedback(s), I can say truthfully, I absolutely LOVE Listia. I think the concept is fantastic and have thoroughly enjoyed being a Seller and a Buyer on this site. The site itself is Brilliant!!! I cannot begin to express my gratitude to Listia for making many holidays & birthdays splendid for myself , family members, children & friends! For the last several yrs my Christmas(s) alone for my children have been far beyond anything I could of done on my own. My husband & I both work, however, thanks to Listia I have been able to give my kids gift(s) & items we normally could not afford at the time or would have been put on delay. (Example) Mountain Bikes, Pools, Rafts, TV's, ect. I could go on & on about the numerous items we now have in our home Thanks to offerings on Listia, Reward store ,also to the AMAZING Sellers!

No, I do NOT work for Listia, I am not a moderator nor did I get coaxed or paid for writing this review. I am just a Mother of 3 who has been a loyal and confident Seller/Buyer via Listia! I have a handicap child who has also benefited from the items I have won of here and I cannot express what that has meant to myself and to my son!

Yes. Listia has it down falls just like any other auction site. This is very evident & true. There are indeed some "bad apples" which could make Listia unenjoyable or unpleasant to newbies especially or currents users. However, being aware, alert and basic common sense definitely helps out in bidding/winning items. I myself after nearly 5 yrs have been scammed and let down by some of the "bad apples", its very discouraging, if not completely irritating - but again, with ANY Auction site these unfortunate mishaps do occur & happen! This should NOT be the deciding factor in which one would leave or call out Listia as a "whole". Just because some user abused their auction or lied, scammed or cheated you does not make it fair to cast Listia as a "Bad site", that simply in unfair and inaccurate!

When Listia works, it WORKS! The benefits certainly outweigh the negatives. This is a FACT! I would agree with other users on this review that SOME of the Moderators need a bit more training as a few Mods are very bias and walk that fine line of Bullying & doing their required job and being very unprofessional! There are unfortunately some who are down right questionable or even rude and very unprofessional and in all honesty unfair. Ex: I won a DVD- it was broke upon arrival, I took it upon myself to make a Return Label (paid for the label out of my pocket) and sent it back to Seller as it was broke. However the Moderator felt it necessary to side with the user who sent the Broken item, stating it was just an "accident". Yes, those things could easily deter anyone from wanting to continue with Listia- but again, in the Long run, NOT all Mods are so unpleasant. Listia is AWESOME! Its actually very amazing and offers so many opportunities in receiving items many of us could not afford on our own! Please, do not take the words of others, give it a try and see for yourself , and see how terrific it can be!!! I am now going on 5 yrs- I have had my troubles, yes, but 99.9% of the time, I have come out ahead and am over all HAPPY & Extremely pleased to be there! Its somewhat of an 'addiction' for me! LOL. Its an A+ site! Thank You Listia for all your hard work and making it a wonderful community! I am thrilled to be a member and continue to strive to be a Top Seller on your site and I just am so grateful to be there with such wonderful Users/Staff! God Bless!

glennc26
7/28/15

I first discovered Listia a year ago, and quickly grew to love it.
I am disabled (legally blind) so I would have my children help me set up auctions, write reviews, bid, etc.
Unfortunately, I wasn't aware that in some cases, my children were writing the reviews from their personal viewpoints- meaning, if I got my daughter a shirt, she would write what I told her, but replace 'my daughter' with 'I'.
One day, my ex wife checked up on the account (knowing it was mine) but made claims that it was our daughter alone using it, out of spite.
After over 40 successful transactions, with 100% positive feedback, I awoke one morning to find that my account had been banned... with over 100,000 credits on it. I attempted multiple times to contact Listia, but my support tickets were closed within a day of being filed by Mods..without reason or response.
I then contacted one of the main Listia 'workers'; "Listia (insert name here)", but instead received incredibly nasty and condescending responses, as the Listia member was convinced that I was a child (talk about mistaken age- at 60 years old, you think my vocabulary would be enough evidence of my age.)
Eventually, I gave up entirely on Listia.

Now, a year later, I have found myself with plenty of useless junk. Listia immediately came to mind in terms of ridding myself of it...
I decided to give Listia another try.
I contacted Listia with a support ticket, explaining the situation in full. I only asked if I would be allowed to start a new account, and to verify my age and identity I offered to verify my account via credit card as well.
I didn't expect to get anywhere, but...
For the first time a Mod actually responded- and sent the support ticket up to the 'higher-ups' in Listia Customer Service.
Within the next day, a Customer Service Representative had contacted me- asking about my original account (usernames, details, etc.) And rather than have me start all over again, they gave me access to my ORIGINAL account- credits, feedback and all still remaining from a year ago.
I immediately reverified all of my information, and have begun using Listia again without issue. It has allowed me to provide splendidly for my children, where I couldnt before.

I am definitely a satisfied customer.

There are a few flaws to Listia, however...

1. As many have said over and over again, nothing is truly free- you either have to buy credits, sell items of your own (and usually pay shipping fees yourself) or do Surveys, offers, and free downloads. (Go to #2 to see why I advise AGAINST surveys and downloads.)
All of these little issues can be easy to get around, hence why I continue to use Listia.
For me, shipping fees are easy to get around. I always ship first class mail, in the smallest boxes/envelopes available, wrapped in paper, with tracking via OfficeDepot. The most I have ever paid for a package was $3.25 .. and believe me, it was a heavy item.
2. 99% of the surveys, offers, and downloads are MALICIOUS. BEWARE. As an old member of Listia, my experience with them is truly the best you will find anywhere.
A very select few of these offers are valid.. and either way, scam or not, I have always received my credits.. but.. It doesnt matter who these offers are from- Trialpay, Peanutlabs, etc. Most are scams, some mild, and some very dangerous.
I have had over 250 Trojans installed on my computer with the offers and downloads.
I have had a keylogger installed on my computer before.
I have had offers presented to me that appear to be from legitimate companies, but in fact they are not- meaning, if ANYTHING, even if what appears to be a genuine offer from someone like GameFly or Netflix pops up with the requirements of credit card info/addresses, do NOT enter that information. Avoid at all costs- the credits are not worth possible identity theft and fraud.
I have done a lot of research, and unfortunately, Listia isn't entirely at fault for this. I do believe they are unaware of what these third party scammers are actually doing through their website... all they know is that the dangerous ads they promote are the ads supporting the website financially.
3. There are many scammers on Listia. It is impossible to scroll through a page of items for auction without at least one of the items being a scam of some variety or another.
There are very easy ways to get around this, however...
If you are unsure of whether or not the seller is a scammer, look for :
Feedback. If it is at 0%, don't bid.
The description of the item for auction: If there is little to no information, likely a scam.
Pictures: If there are only a few pictures, and the pictures look a bit too professional- probably a scam. If you use Chrome, you can easily find out if the auction is a scam by left clicking on the images, and then clicking "Search with Google". Google will show you all results for the exact image, in different sizes, and will show you exactly where the images are from. This will tell you if the seller stole the images off of another website, making it a RED FLAG.
4. My fourth and final issue with Listia is the fact that, although the layout of the website is incredibly simple.. it is simple to the point where many people do not take business on there seriously. Meaning, often unlike websites such as Ebay, potential buyers are much more open about..everything.
They will make rude comments, they will ask invasive questions, and they WILL be demanding. It can be hard to deal with, and occasionally you come across people that are more than rude- they are scary. I have met many other users whose lives, personal information, and family were threatened on Listia before by "bad" users. Listia does make an effort to remove those people from the site, but unfortunately there are just too many to do so without making some huge changes.

sharony8
7/24/15

Used Listia for a few years and have had no problems. Just be careful to read descriptions and rules of the sellers. Read with your eyes wide-open and look over the sellors reviews. The best way to protect yourself.

I wonder if Listia can be used for making a true profit. Like the guy (not on listia) who traded up from a red paperclip to some crazy substantial profits.

maggies19
7/23/15

I have been on Listia for a few months now I believe. I can't say there is any real bad I can say about the site. I find the people a darn sight nicer than those on Ebay. It is a great way to get rid of unwanted items and earn points to get items you can use. I think the shipping cost is outrageous, i.e. if someone wants something from you they should cover their own shipping, as i have spent over $200 this far in shipping price to send items. Still, I hope that one day comes I can find something on LIstia that I can resell to earn my money back. In the meantime I enjoy the items I have ordered. These people do not send fake stuff, maybe some do, but most do not. I have ordered several items and got what was described with the exception of one. Well it was described right, but it was a huge disappointment when I seen the item itself and seen the photos made it look bigger than it really was. Otherwise LIstia, is not a fake, not a spam, but a great way to meet new people and give and get. THose who are banned, well what did you? I forgot to mention that some sellers charge enormous rates in points on the site, but this site is not a scam. No it is not just giving things away. It is getting things you need to. It is give and take really. You people probably have done something wrong or don't bother to read to degrade a site that is not as you are claiming.

shelleye3
7/15/15

Ok this site is so horrible! To the bottom of my heart I really wish I can give it a big fat 0! But any way. I saved $200 to get credits ! Right ! As soon as I got the credits it said u had been ban ? For having to much credits ? There's no way in hell u should be banned becuz u had to much credits ! AT ALLL ! This one lady got jelly becuz a women's that won my auction that she wanted ! She messaged me cursing Me out saying I should of did a GIN a dad soon as I told her I will let listia handle this she reported me ! I got banned I fight my a$$ of to get my account back well got it..than they kicked me off for having to many credits (what I said above this message) I will never ever go on here...it's just to much wasting ur money on here like I did is just not worth it ! I hate this app I wish I can get my $200 back and I can still get them to court court About this ! I got everything thing screen shores so if they even say a lie I got it with this time and date to..so people if u want to use this site go on...good luck

sharonw20
7/11/15

I thought this was a great idea for children. Clothes and toys are barely used. But when I saw the items posted, I thought they should be burned for lice n chiggers. Very sorry

jeffj29
7/11/15

First of all, I don't understand all the negative reviews. The only reason that the people who voted one star is that they violated the rules, one way or another. Listia is a great site. I haven't had any problems with any of my transactions since I signed up in May 2015. (Over 30 transactions) I've gotten countless items that I wouldn't be able to have bought in real life, which is another great thing about this site. If you haven't signed up yet, please use this link- https://www.listia.com/signup/8651484 You will get 1000 free credits for joining :)

christinej14
7/11/15

I saw a person selling fake coupons, reported them and that person continued selling the coupons.Their reply to me showed no consideration and seemed they did not care to investigate at all. That person continued listing the coupons. However, I list a video game and the listing is deleted, does not seem fair to me. I admit I don't know all the rules but that is because listia's rules are hard to find. I sell on ebay. Their rules are easy to find short plain and simple and don''t have a problem finding their rules.

angelar35
7/5/15

I can't believe all the nasty comments about Listia. As I read through them I can't believe how stupid some users are. If you simply learn to read above the 4th grade level you will understand why you were banned. Selling items to your roommate? Please, just give it to them. If you simply read what is allowed and what is not allowed, you will not be banned.

I have had communications with Listia workers on a few occasions and it was speedy, informative and fair.

Listia credit values is simple "economics 101" - supply and demand. If you don't understand that concept, do a Google search and READ! Have you ever heard the idiom "One man's trash is another man's treasure" - look it up and READ again, then you will understand Listia.

Angela
Happy Listian

kellyb96
7/5/15

awesome place to meet people around the world n get great stuff

daisyj6
6/30/15

i tried to log into listia today,my name on the account is littlekaratedaisy. and it says my account is " no longer active " then i tried to log in again later, and it said " your account is suspended " what does this mean,why did it happen, and i need to log on, i have lots of credits on their,and i have an auction going on right now that ends in 1 or 2 days....i will end up getting negative feedback just cause listia " suspended my account " for how long? i dont know. thats why im ticked off. please unsuspend my account. thanks.

robertw156
6/30/15

A huge inflation in listia. Used to be 1,000 credits = $1 all the way to 5,000 credits = $1

Lol no thank you :)

mikeb190
6/29/15

Listia is absolutely pitiful!

Not only the fact that you are free to get scammed on there, but their customer service is $*!%.

It was 11 PM last night when I was trying to get into my normal Listia account. I had not been on in a few days. I forgot the password and was locked out of my email. I decided to create a new account . Shortly thereafter, I started bidding, won several new items and tried to verify my address for shipping.

I waited nearly a whole hour for my address to be verified. I finally got an email that my address was declined. I was pissed off so I decided to submit a request. I detailed my situation and after another hour of waiting, I received another email thatmy account was suspended.

Listia is a joke. They actually track your IP Address so that you can't create another account. Isn't that illegal? LISTIA SHOULD BE SUED!

To hell with Listia! Their customer service center is probably full of high school drop outs who are inept at responding to people's emails. Listia is a joke. Don't use it.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE IT!

melaniep14
6/26/15

For all the people listia had scam, discretieded, wasted their time, money, and effort, ; they need to be sued. Listia doesn't abide by their own terms of service so I don't know why they would expect any one else to.

bb96
6/16/15

J.M.'s story is so typical. Listia freely suspends members under the pretense of violating their TOS but they steal from those members, retaining the credits those members have earned.

Having earned those credits for "selling" items, Listia is, in effect withholding wages from its suspended members. (Perhaps the DOL - Department of Labor - might be interested in hearing about that!)

Their TOS are so loose that good members can be suspended if other not-so-good members report them, yet scamming members use inappropriate language, sell items they don't own, items that are illegal (counterfeit, etc.) or otherwise verbally attack members.

Scammers are free to hide comments and block members from contacting or flagging their listings, ultimately resulting in other buyers not getting what is expected.

At least sites like iOffer don't pretend to be "honest." People who shop on iOffer know they're buying from scammers!

Listia pretends to have rules but they don't enforce them.

I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND LISTIA!

ETA: Since Listia hasn't yet responded, I'd like to ask another question of Tom since he's so diligent in explaining and defending Listia.

Please explain why Listia would be allowed to keep credits either earned or purchased by members after those members' accounts are suspended? Those members own those credits!

jm151
6/15/15

Been an active Listia user for over a year. Even applied to be a mod believe it or not! Used to love the site, now I am starting to believe its a scam! Not only have I followed the rules, but I would actually go out of my way to make sure all my auctions got mailed out a day within their closing. I had 100% positive feedback, lots of badges, etc. I earned 98,000 credits by listing my artwork and other odds and ends. Got scammed out of my auction winnings several times but eventually gave up on trying to get it back. Even had tracking numbers. Listia just didn't care. I spend hundreds of dollars a month sending out my items - and yes, do so willingly as the credits I earn I bid on things for my first baby (like diaper codes, etc), or coins for my hubby's coin collection. Well today, I went to login as I do every day and saw a popup that my account was "suspended." For what? I submitted a support ticket. They replied with a generic response of following the terms of service. I triple checked with a fine tooth comb - did nothing against them. Kept submitting support tickets. Listia still hasn't given me an answer why my account is banned! Got tired of their customer service giving me the run around and files a BBB (Better Business Bureau) report. I totally feel ripped off as I have put so much time into surveys and listing items. The amount of money I have spent shipping items (or paying for items! - that I will NEVER get now) is outrageous. While I used to LOVE Listia....they are now on my crapper list. What a SCAM!

karmas2
6/12/15

JJ is very correct. People sell counterfeits all the time. If you DARE question the seller about authenticity, you are cussed at, the seller attempts to humiliate you, you are blocked AND Listia does nothing to remove the listing.

Instead of reporting listings, I file reports with Homeland Security/FBI who is responsible for counterfeit trafficking (which yes, that's what Listia is)

"Tom" is full of crap. Listia is very unresponsive and bans the 'troublemakers', errrrr I mean those that dare report the counterfeits. In short, they don't care.

Listia is a joke.

Current fakes (found in a quick 5 minute search)
https://www.listia.com/auction/24919069-chanel-bag-please-read-below (which even states they don't know if it's authentic)

Addendum: all the above listings, which are painfully obviously COUNTERFEIT, are still up despite reporting. See how pro-active Listia is?

jj155
6/11/15

Not sure what happened to my original review. Seems it has poofed.

As to this: "Despite what you think, Listia does not allow counterfeit bags."

It is not what I think. It is what I KNOW to be true. I used to report every fake LV on the site. Listia used to remove them. Not anymore. They haven't removed them for well over a year.

According to Listia, I was a trouble maker who pointed out the fakes. I and others were booted for trying to prevent people from using their credits on the fake crap. Many users would email me for opinions on bags, because they knew if there was a fake, that it would remain no matter what.

"Listia does not authenticate items on the site, however, we also do not allow the listing of items that aren't 100% authentic."

That is utter BS! The fact that you had at least 2 known bag authenticators on the site that are no longer on the site due to being banned, proves you allow fakes.

Tom, I looked at the LV listings last night. Every item was a blatant Counterfeit.

"We simply ask users to flag the auction and it will be looked over carefully by our mods."

Every fake LV I ever saw was flagged. Every fake stayed.

If you think your mods know about handbags, you are sadly mistaken.

One of your mods used to email me regularly about LV's. When I would point out why it was fake, she would then tell me "Thanks, but we mods can't remove anything unless we can get the member to admit it's fake."

So yes, Tom, you indeed condone Counterfeits.

"We do our best to ensure only authentic items are listed on our site and we are sorry if you are unhappy with our system."

You do absolutely NOTHING to protect your members from fakes.

I'm not unhappy with your system. I'm DISGUSTED by it!

mayw10
6/11/15

Ok, first of all Listia is a love/hate relationship for me. I love the variety of "free" items and a lot of the community is fun to talk to. Auctions are simple to list, the only thing I would change about that format is that you can only upload one photo at a time, instead of several. I wish ebay would use their listing format!!

Now the bad, Listia is poorly monitored for fraudulent items and unfortunately if they don't do something about it soon, I have a feeling they will be out of business. I have purchased counterfeit coupons off of Listia, provided documentation from the company that they were fake coupons and Listia did nothing to the seller. She went on selling these coupons for months, with no reprimand. What Listia isn't thinking about is that by allowing these on their site, these companies can sue them. So, unless they can start listening to their bidders and allow for a process that allows us to report a seller without bidding on their items, they will be in trouble soon themselves.

I don't spend a ton of time on Listia, maybe a few hours a week, and generally find about 5 scammers a week without trying. Listia needs to monitor their auctions better and educate their buyers and sellers better.

So, if you decide to use Listia, review feedback like crazy! If it sounds too good to be true, it is. If a seller has several auctions with blocked comments, that is also another warning sign.

Please fix your system Listia..

chalmersg
6/11/15

Listia is good in concept, but they are money hungry. When I joined only months ago, you could get 40k credits for $40, about 1000 per dollar. Then they made it where you could get 70k for $40. Then it was 85k for $40. And now its 105k for $40. If you're brand new to the site, this doesn't make a difference. But if you've been selling your stuff for a while and accumulating credits, it's huge.

Every time they raise the per dollar credits, sellers have to raise their prices to compensate, so they're getting the same value for their stuff. And that means any credits I have in savings will buy that much less. For example, I sold a bunch of my DVDs on Listia a while ago and got 30k credits for them (about $30 back then), and I could expect to get about 6-8 new UV codes for that amount. Now those same points are worth less that $12, and I can only buy about 2-3 UV codes, depending on the movie. Why? Sellers have raised their prices on the codes in direct response to Listia's pricing changes.

The more points you have saved, the bigger a loser you will be. All of those savings, are being shaved off a little more day by day as they continue to increase the points-to-price ratio. It strains credibility to think that Listia is not aware of what they are doing here. But hey, it's good for getting more people in the door and making them more money, so who cares about their sellers, right?

So if you plan on making a business out of Listia, forget it. They've made it all but impossible. Listia cannot be trusted to provide a stable economy for business. If you want to use them to make a few sales here and there in the short term and plan to immediately spend your points, it's no big deal. But DO NOT ACCUMULATE POINTS! The more you save, the more you will lose as Listia continues to mess with their prices.

UPDATE 7/23/2015
As of a few days ago, the points to dollar ratio was $40 for 110k points. I checked today, and that same $40 now buys 128k. That's a 16% increase within just a few weeks. Again, great for buyers and great for lining Listia's pockets, but sellers get shafted. The points I have spent so much time accumulating continue to be devalued on the whim of those running the site. Sellers beware!

UPDATE 8/27/2015
It's now been about a months since my last update. Back in the old days (i.e. about 4 weeks ago), $40 bought 128k points. As of today, $40 will buy you 160k points. That's an increase of 25%. Translation: any sellers who have saved their points for future purchases now have 25% less purchasing power than a few days ago. As long as they keep this up, prices will continue to rise, and sellers will continue to lose. Thanks Listia!

shaylaf
6/2/15

I was sold a counterfiet game that was broken. I was told in order to get my credits back (55,050) I have to pay for return shipping which is $12 which is ridiculous!!! I already provide free shipping on my items and pay out of pocket for credits now they're asking me to pay even more money out of my pocket to get my credits back!! I will gladly return the counterfeit game that is broken I have no problem with that but its ridiculous to ask the customer to pay to get their credits back!! They told me its because a "customer might lie to get their credits back" I sent pictures to prove its broken and they agreed it is broken but I still have to pay to get my credits back!!! I sold a $100 item and now I have to pay even more money to get what is rightfully mine back! If I don't get my credits back I'm contacting the better business bureau!

mohaks
5/30/15

listia staff, stop condemn suspended listia members and write fake untrue reviews.

even I am able to find out which reviews are from a real member and which reviews are staff writing. those who blame suspended people "you are bad and evil and misuse listia so got banned" are staff.

those they love that site are also staff writing.

I just dont get it why listia keeps doing such cheap thing when so many ppl condemn them. they even make fake people answering others who write listia reviews.

if you look clearly, that representative and those good reviews writers are working together to bully people who write bad review to listia.

real people are people who write listia is ripoff. they got suspended. they are unfairly banned.

staff reviews are those LOVE THIS SITE, I LOVE LISTIA. PEOPLE SUSPENDED BECAUSE THEY MISUSE LISTIA

I JOIN SO MANY YEARS NOTHING HAPPEN TO ME! WHY YOU GOT BANNED are also listia staff.

dont know why listia staff not improve their rude remarks but just keep staying on all scam sites and give rude and impolite and unfriendly replies to people who write bad reviews to listia

why people write bad reviews must have their own reasons.

listia never learn, they only condemn people who bad review listia. this is not being wanted. this act from listia staff is highly unwanted.

listia staff, be a man, stop condemn suspended listia members and write fake untrue reviews.

anaisd1
5/30/15

it's not difficult nor hard to find out which reviews are really from a real listia user and which review are from listia paid staff.
those I LOVE THIS SITE and PEOPLE GOT BAN BECAUSE THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO USE LISTIA are from staff.
those YOU GOT BANNED BECAUSE YOU VIOLATE SITE RULES are also listia staff.
listia never learn, they never learn. they just keep pay money to staff writing so many unheartful (fake,betraying) reviews to make it look like banned members are stupid or telling lies which actually listia staff are liars.
liars like listia staff needs to write fake reviews to mix with people's negative feedback and make it look like suspended are the real stupid people that actually and finally, people are able to recognize which reviews are really from an ordinary person and which reviews are from LISTIA STAFF.
LISTIA STAFF only write I LOVE THIS SITE, I USE THIS SITE HOW MANY YEAR AND I LOVE IT, I GET A LOT OF THINGS THERE and THERE ARE STUPID PEOPLE HERE WHO KEEPS WRITING LIKE THEY ARE SAME PERSON TOGETHER, or PEOPLE SAY THE SITE IS BAD BECAUSE THEY ARE UNABLE TO KNOW HOW TO USE LISTIA WELL
listia staff tom F (representative) , your fake work is being condemned by whole world
people should understand how quality listia is. what quality is listia.com. only a very bad reputation site needs doing something so fake
real good site no need a fake delegate and fake staff review pretending they are listia users love that site. people should understand which are fake reviews.
those they love this site are listia staff doing.
look how fake they write. look how much they swear or blame other people who are real users that only got suspended unluckily. they have no crime, they have no sin. they are even innocent
they heard listia good they go use, but got suspended by saying with multiple fake accounts or funneling credits in listia, or scam other listia users' items.
the people are not criminals, listia, dont be so harsh to the people. they just got suspended by your site. they have their rights to write bad things on your site,
if your site is good, u dont have to have a fake TOM F and fake review by asking listia staff write to save your site pride
people, use your brain to find out which are staff's reviews and dont really believe the reviews the staff writes, they mislead you.
‪#‎listia‬
Chris M (28 May 2015 review, in red) is clearly a listia staff writing.
dont believe the staff review and regret yourself

chrism182
5/28/15

I have used Listia.com for over 3 years and I am addicted. I love it. I win Blu ray movies and Baseball Cards among many other things. Sorry to see some people really don't know how to use Listia correctly by their complaints on here. I give them 5/5 Stars from me and GO LISTIA!!!! Also people having doubts or issues check out their Facebook for lots of help.

donital
5/27/15

First off Customer Service is horrible.. If you have issue your own your own.. Secondly, I have been scammed twice since I've been on their site since April 2015 all because of their horrible system.. Even after you send documentation of proof the other party is wrong.. I would not recommend to anyone

lizn6
5/25/15

Why is it Listia uses mods that are horrid at doing their job? I had an auction sell for an authentic item. Lady claimed it wasn't authentic. She had buyers remorse and asked for a refund thru Listia, but, as suspected... she did not read the description of the bag and when she received it, the bag had some faint blue spots on it, that were disclosed in my listing and pics, and went on a tirade that the bag wasn't authentic. She disputed saying it wasn't real. I disputed back. The mod said since they couldn't see the bag to verify it was real or not, they would refund her and bring us back to "the state" we were both at before the sale. They never asked if I could prove the bag was real or not, and I can, as I have the receipt. But, they allowed her to leave me negative feedback that wasn't part of my "state" before the sale and even tho my rating is still 100% because of percentage system they use, I still have a negative rating and u can see by my numerous listings that I always give more than buyer wins auction for, all my merchandise is in excellent working or authentic order and not ONE person beside this woman has ever complained about my stuff. I don't sell junk....most of my stuff has been quality vintage, Crystal, or antiques. Even my 75 handmade rosaries were perfection to the buyers. This woman had a history of buyers remorse with false disputed claims and disputed anyone that shipped to her without tracking. My record was impeccable, but the ruling left me with a negative rating. I have left Listia because of it.

Now I don't, for the first time since I joined have any listings up.....and the negative feedback was the icing on the cake. The real reason I can't stand to use Listia is that they won't do anything about letting people run rabid with the gift cards, which has quadrupled or more since just Jan.2015, with Listia stating it was because of the rewards store items, but Listias credits also sell for that much more since then as well. There seems to be no end in sight on gift card pricing, and Listia has allowed these gift card prices to make a farce of Listia and trashed people's thinking about their site in just 4 months!

martinsb1
5/21/15

Hello listia block me reason multiple account, I write but listia say nothing do!!! I have more than 800 feedbacks and more than 300000 points. becouse block me? my nickname snuriks1 why I need multiple accounts? and now I dont trust listia system

stephaniew42
5/20/15

I enjoy the idea of listia. And I really loved listia when I first joined, all the way up until about 1/2015. Something happened where they changed the credit value, and all the sudden items that were once 20,000 credits were now 85,000 credits. I wish I'd have held on to some of my stuff a bit longer since the credits have quadrupled in value in just a few short months. Then they changed the format of the rewards store where you could go and redeem awesome items immediately for the credits you accumulated. Well now the rewards store is an auction where you cannot get anything immediately, and the amount of credits these rewards store auctions end for is absolutely ridiculous compared to what they were listing as get it now offers just 6 months ago. But I've never had a problem with my account being suspended, I have however had to deal with not so pleasant moderators... :(

luiseh
5/10/15

I just opened an account sold a huge variety of cosmetics, mailed it out with tracking, seller recvd items and I would have had 80,000 points but then they banned it saying multiple accounts. I had a sister in law that had one but she doesn't not live with me!!!!!!!!!!!! So now im out 80,000 and my cosmetics plus shipping charges. Follow the riles and you get screwed. Its not fair and I wish I could complain. Maybe the BBB. Any suggestions because what they did is stealing. Ive never had an account before a month ago!!!!!!!

olio1
5/9/15

all "I love this site" are people employed by listia.com. people should be careful

why I said it. so many people got suspended. how can this site have any positive feedback?
the people then go back, if you say you are banned member, go bash you saying you have problem mental problem so got fouled. this site staff have to blame members whom they ban. think how bad listia is. do not use listia.

donate money to charity. listia have to find staff write fake positive feedback. saying people who write bad must have mental issue. who really have mental issue people will see.

lisar46
4/30/15

I have been selling on Listia for a year now. I sell small items I no longer want or new gifts I can't return. It is a fun way to stay on top of clutter and earn points for things you do want. Start small, though. Shipping costs need to be factored in before you list. That is why I stick to small, lightweight items like jewelry and bookmarks.

sherryr11
4/29/15

Listia also deleted my account and according to the reviews on here I'm not the only one. I already made one review for this sorry excuse of a site. So which is it listia? On one review listias comment was that they allowed up to four accounts before deleting someone and the other comment on someone else review was that y'all only allow one. Which is it? I didn't use my old account BC I for my passwords and everything and even to my Facebook so I started a new one and got deleted. Listia can't make up their minds what their own rules are. Apparently. BC one comment from listia says up to four accounts and one say you can only have one. Which one is it listia? My family and friends that it was the dumbest thing they heard of about listia deleting my account so they also deleted theirs on their own. Listia is nothing but a scam to get you to do their surveys for credits that you don't even get and they take your credits once you do work credits up. Listia is a sorry excuse for a website and there other sites beside listia.

goa14
4/24/15

Avoid eGameNet on Listia. Terrible seller who scams you on codes

yews
4/23/15

Guys actually sorry to say that LISTIA is a Scam site, Listia scammed me when I bid my
Pokémon Cards for 50,000 Credits. Listia is a Scammer so guys remember: don't waste your time at Listia

Username: *********

betha92
4/21/15

I love listia, I had to quitworking to raise my grnadson who is now 3. Through listia I have found a way to get the extras that are fun to have. I have also used it to stock up and get things to help me start my own business. Through listia i also found a few good survey sites which have helped alot giving me extra money......
Down below I see a lady comlaining about people saying they never received there items and kept sending them out. I have had several cases where I didnt get my items. Alot of those were people that I had to pay the shipping on and they were the ones doing the rip offs. I literally had to go thru paypal and file a dispute but Ialwaays got my money back after a fight...but hey I got it back and dont hold it against everybody for a few bad apples. ...There has also been a few other bad cases but for the most part it has always turned out for the good......But I have never claimed not to get something when I did.. I am a true believer in Karma........So really what I want to say is...Thank you listia for giving me a way to have all my little goodies and thank you to all the awesome sellers for providing these auctions....You cant blame everybody for the few that are scammers rather there the sellers or the buyers because it really is a 2 way street..figure out the good from the bad

stacyl30
4/19/15

I was a Listia member for three years but quit because more and more people claimed they never received the items I mailed to them. At first I simply re mailed winners their seeds just to avoid them filing a dispute.Until I got one woman who claimed she didn't get seeds I had mailed to her three times! This became such a problem I closed my account.
But I loved the site and re opened my account in February of this year. And I re mailed seeds when winners claimed they didn't receive them. Then I stopped re sending seeds because for some reason I thought Listia would stand behind a trusted seller. I left again for the same reason: more and more people were claiming they didn't receive their items. Listia refunded their credits because, "We don't require tracking numbers or delivery confirmation, but we recommend them for your own protection since it’s the only way to prevent your credits from being returned to the Winner if your item is not received." Which says to me they believe the winner rather than the trusted seller because it sure doesn't say "if the winner claims they didn't get their item.
I listed hard to find flower seeds on this site and kept records to be sure I mailed every item won to the winner. I have listed close to 2000 auctions on this site, more than 100 since I returned in February of this year. In just those auctions I listed since my return, 19 claimed they never received the seeds they used up to 10,000 credits to win. I knew what was coming when people claimed they hadn't received their items and asked Listia to intervene. In all but three cases, the winner got their credits refunded, leaving me with negative feedback, no seeds, out of the money spent on shipping and in some cases insulting comments with negative feedback. I cannot afford to use tracking, it would double the price of shipping; to do so would cost more than the benefits of being on this site. And unless it was big enough to require a package, none of the items I won ever came with tracking, in fact only about 5 of the roughly 365 items I won came with it. It seems to me when that many people claim they didn't get their items from a trusted seller it should be obvious that a whole lot of scamming is going on, especially with the large amount credits concerned. While I really love the idea of Listia I closed my account again For one reason I think it is sad that scammers can ruin the status I worked hard to gain. In addition, I am on a fixed income, adding tracking when I already buy bubble wrap, envelopes and extra postage for hand sorting to get items to their winners would cost so much I be better off buying the things I wanted there, not to mention the fact that I got soooo tired of hearing listia agents use that same refrain, "We don't require tracking but..."

mathewp10
4/15/15

I spent a $100 in real money on this site and they turn around and banned my account claiming I had multiple accounts which I did not have

crushf
4/14/15

this isn't a fair warning , it is a stage 5 alert...!!!
avoid this website at all costs..
the people who run it are complete a$$holes in general, they act like some elitist who could care less about you or what your selling

if a buyer has a problem or issue with an item and it goes into dispute, all they have to say is, "it's not as described" , they do not have to provide any proof at all, and the administrators & moderators will instantly refund their credits back to them, let them keep the item and allow you to receive a negative feedback for the transaction.

I even had a buyer state they received the exact item exactly as described and pictured, and their dispute reason was.." I don't want to use it" and they got to keep the item , and got their credits back...
complete scam.. worse then eBay ever was!
DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE STATED RULES!!
the rules mean nothing...
& do not even think of trying to contact customer support, , the "support' is either a copy and paste response that gives no solution or they do not even respond at all..

I seen another review on here stating the exact same scenario from other reviewers.. seems to be a trend..
also they offer free credits for downloading stuff onto your computer , which only downloads multiple tracking cookies and tons of extra stuff that locks up your computer and you will just have to restore you computer to a previous restore point to get rid of all the crap the install on your pc..

1 last thing you need to know.. you get credits for your items, which in turn you use to buy other items from other sellers... but Listia is constantly devaluing the credits by selling them for cash..
2 months ago you could buy 40,000 credits for $40, now it 76,800 credits for $40.. so your credits are worth half as much as they were 2 months ago.. and this has been a trend of devaluation for months now..
I have been on listia or 6 years, but after this latest onslaught of horrific incidences, I will be moving on..

Tip for consumers: tip..
avoid this site all together.. it all depends on if the people who run the site like you or not, if they do, you might be ok,.. I said MIGHT
if for some reason they do not, be prepared to get ripped off and ignored at every single chance they get

mattp42
4/13/15

As a premise, Listia is a nice idea: give away things you don't want or need any more, and bid for things you like. However, the very nature of human beings means it attracts a large number of undesirable individuals: fraudsters, scammers, cheats and leeches. Lots of the things being given away are little more than worthless rubbish (old bus tickets for example), while others are fakes and still others are very low quality costume jewelry one could buy from a high street store for next to nothing. Needless to say, most of the members are in the USA, and overseas members get a pretty rough deal, being expected to pay the postage both for items they give away, and items they bid on. Beware of scammers offering worthless goods and charging through postage.

captainm1
4/8/15

Hello, I had one account that I put a listing up for a 1965 quarter. So my brother had an account and he saw that auction and wanted it so he bid on it without knowing it was my auction. So listia thinking I had two account deleted both our accounts and me racking up the points (and buying some too, which they say they will refund any unused credits which it bs) I had around the 100K point and they all just kind off went away. My hard earned money vanishing to something stupid. I talked to them and submitted requests to them just replying "Nope, sorry we will not reimburse your account." So what do I do? wrtite this review to help other not waste money and time on this broken website. Thanks, CaptainMacTavish (my username).

Tip for consumers: I know it's really tempting, but just don't use it. It's too good to be true. That's all I have to say.

22 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Listia staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Why can't my friends of Facebook bid on any of my actions? When he bid on one of mine is said deleted fraud activity or something like that. How can it be Fraud if they say post on there so more people can bid on your action!? He wanted it & is a friend so he wanted to bid so I don't understand that. Can anymore help? Is it going to cause a problem for the both of us?
8/31/13
Answer
oliviel
A: if your friend bid on your auctions, u both will be suspended quickly. dont do it.
5/4/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: do you get paid in cash on your auctions when you list on listia :
1/28/15
Answer
rayelleb
A: Listia is an online marketplace where you win other people's stuff using credits instead of money. All users on our site act as both a Buyer and Seller. If you are bidding on items you want from our site, you are considered a Buyer. If you are giving away items on our site, you are considered a Seller :)
1/30/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Listia staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

22 Photos for Listia