US Government's NSF

admin@listia.com

113 Reviews for Listia.com

▼ Sort by: recent

7/25/14

Yet another suspended account. My, husband and I share address (no $#*!?) and we have the same IP address (shocking, no?). I used his device and logged in...they banned his account but left mine...why his? My account had 5000 points...his had over 200,000...

Listia is a bunch of crooks being watched over by a small group of crooks...

Listia sucks...do NOT stockpile points--they WILL steal them from you somehow!

7/24/14

At first I thought listia was fun and a great idea. A handful of transactions in and I run into the flakey side of listia. Lonely guys in dire need of affirmation, bored middle aged women on a power trip. Don't get me wrong most of my transactions were flawless. 20% have been absolute nightmares. I'm done with the site and the creepy little games these supposed adults are playing. I'll stick with eBay where the fees filter out almost all of this behavior.
Listia user name:fb_100001397839624
I won't be on listia much longer, attempting to wrap a few nightmares and I'm gone.

7/24/14

listia is a scam, I got banned just after I win a $1 amazone GC auction, after that I can't get into this website, luckly I just played one day ,it wastes my time ,luckly I didn't put money on this stupid wensite.

7/22/14

I stumbled on to this website a couple months ago and I am SO hooked.

I've bought/sold on eBay for over 10 years (I'll review them another time) and the rising fees have slowly taken the fun out of it. Listia is the same idea but everything (except the occasional shipping charge) is FREE. For real free. Not "we'll suck you in then sneak in the charges later" free. It's FREE free.

The general idea is that you earn credits by trading your own junk, or you can do surveys or watch videos to build them up but see my review about Trialplay before you do that. The quickest way is to clear out your closet and get rid of stuff you don't want.

Then, you use the credits you've earned, to bid on the junk you want! GOOD junk. Most of what I have gotten so far has been brand new.

A majority of the "sellers" will offer free shipping so it really is costing you absolutely $0. But some, (like me) would prefer that you pay at least some of the shipping costs.

I have given away and gotten more stuff in the last 2 months on Listia than I ever did in 6 months on eBay and I've had a lot more fun doing it.

7/20/14

I have been a member of Listia for only a few days and I love it! I mainly collect Antique, Gold, Silver and Bronze British and Irish Coins, Gold British Banknotes and Bars no matter what size and shape they are. I have already managed to buy a couple of new additions for my beautiful growing collection and will continue collecting these beautiful items located on Listia. All the purchases I have made were prompt, fast and easy for both me as a buyer and the sellers. Listia is a very awesome site and I hope it stays up for a very long time :). Listia and the Listia Team you guys rock!

7/13/14

Ok. I'll say 3 stars, cuz a lot of the rules are bogus. Like if someone else has my address on their profile i get banned?! I mean c'mon dude! I live in a 4 bedroom apartment. 4 different ppl with no familial affiliations! It's a room for rent situation. So if one of my roommates make an account then im $#*!ed?! Other than the bullcrap rules, i love this site. I've won over 40 books. More than a dozen necklaces. Several rings. Collectible items. And much more. I'm totally addicted! But i shouldn't have to be afraid that one of my roomies might make an amount and will both be banned! -_-

7/11/14

wow the site seemed great but this is stupid it does not send and the keep the credits that is bull crap

7/11/14

Stay away! There is no real Listia Assurance. I lost over $50 worth of credits when a seller didn't sell me what was advertised (she actually sent me trash in the mail). Listia still let the seller keep the credits and never responded to my dispute. They also removed my ability to leave feedback for the transaction. It doesn't get any worse that this!

7/3/14

No help from support, always seems they don't even read emails, I know they must be busy, But I would rather wait weeks for a reply than just get a response that has nothing to do with my case, 2x now on 2 different problems they were of no help nor do they seem to care. If you have a problem with a buyer or seller you are on your own.
Use with Caution!

6/23/14

If you use this site, just know that if there's ever a dispute over credits listia will always believe the buyer over the seller in a dispute. I sent not one but two packages to a man claiming he didn't get it the first time, wanting to do the HONEST thing i sent out another one, I couldn't afford tracking and if you don't want to spend the money to track the items you send then DONT SIGN UP on listia. Because people will scam you and listia will allow them to. I understand that without tracking there's no proof that he got it, but what about the fact that they can't prove if he DID get it and scammed me for twice what he paid for and also wanted his credits back. In was basically called a liar by the staff and they refunded his credits so I lose out on my items sent and the credits aswell. This is a complete scam and waste of time. Its much cheaper and far less stressful and dramatic to just go buy the things you want. People sit there and bid tons of credits on items you can buy at your local DOLLAR store and they dont seem to mind wasting credits on such things as pictures of an overweight ginger girl in lingerie, to me, that seems as though it violates they're supposed "rules" but in reality there isn't any. Because then staff couldn't care less about any of it. I'm not joking when I tell you i seen used anal beads go for thousands of credits. So basically stay away from this trailer park of a website because its not legitimate.

6/20/14

Listia was great for the first 3 years. Then I asked a legit question on an auction & got blocked after I bid a whole lot if credits! Then unknowingly, I bid on gold earrings posted by her daughter, I bid a bunch if credits then asked if they were real because of allergies, blocked & nasty comments made about me! Now, almost every time I bid, I get blocked without even saying anything! These two are out to get me & I'm sick of it! I'm an honest person & I'm one of those fools that bought & earned credits! I had over 150,000. I've been using them up & I'm gone! I won't waste anymore time & money being bullied by 2 strangers that know nothing about me! I was nice & respectful when I asked questions & now they can say anything about me & I can't defend myself! This random blocking is great for bullies! Me, my stuff & my credit card are out!! I'm sure I'll be banned after this anyway but I don't care!
I had made a lot of friends on Listia & things were great until I ran into these two people!

6/10/14

Just tried using this site for the first time. It's pretty cool that you essentially get stuff totally free for just checking in, filling out your profile, tweeting about the site, listing items, etc. However, I wasn't knocked out by the selection of items available for purchase. Hopefully, the more people hear about the site and how easy it is to use, the more it will gain popularity and the better the selection will become.

6/9/14

**********i received a message from SiteJabber that I should have Listia open my case again and to let them know that I heard from SiteJabber and to ask if there was something that could. I did this and told Leslie at Listia that I wanted my money back for shipping but since I figure that is not going to happen then I would like to be able to leave negative feedback. I was told that although they couldn't MAKE the seller send my money back that could, and would strongly urge her to do that. She also offered me 20,000 credits for my trouble. I decided to take the credits and to see how things go by giving them another chance. I will just need to be more careful with the shipping charges.*********** I went on this site and won my first auction on February 27, 2014. I never received my item, even though I paid the shipping charges of 4.99. I emailed the seller and she asked that I be patient because it was coming from China and could take 20 - 25 days. Then in late March my father-in-law passed away so my mind was elsewhere dealing with estate stuff and all and I finally thought to check with her as to why I had not received it, on May 7. Then on May 13 I finally hear back from her and she stated that it should take from 28-40 days and to please be patient. On 5/15 I emailed her back that I was tired of waiting and that I would expect my refund on or before may 19. On May 27 I emailed Listia about this and after several emails they gave me back my credits. But her account would only let me give positive or neutral feedback. I am unable to give any negative feedback. Listia told me that was because I waited until after 60 days to ask for a refund. But that they would deal with the seller. To which I asked how they were going to deal with her. She told me she could not tell me that due to privacy. But she was snippy and I'm sure that she could have told me how they were going to deal with her. I wasn't asking her name or where she lived. Because all emails go through Listia I don't even know her email. Anyway. I was waiting until I heard from Listia to get my friends in on it. My advice STAY AWAY!

6/8/14

I have really been enjoying Listia and have had mostly great experiences with people. I only bid on items that list "Free Shipping" and I only post items I will offer free shipping on so I haven't had any big problems. Most everyone has been really friendly in emails. I've bid on and won some pretty cool (to me) items. I got a whole season of a tv show on dvd and some really nice clothes. And when a couple charms broke in shipping to me, the seller was super friendly about it and immediately sent replacements, plus some extras. I'm keeping things as simple as I can as a bidder and as a seller. I'm not trying to win anything really big yet. Plus, it's just like eBay - you need to check the feedback on a seller before you bid. It's not a guarantee, but if you research a little before bidding, you can avoid a lot of scammers. It's not a perfect system but what is? I've been enjoying it so far.

5/24/14

Listia was great.... The first 3 months I used it. I won great items and sold a few items that were useless to me. I was incredibly happy with the site. I checked it daily, five times a day. Until yesterday. A friend/neighbor I recruited to Listia came over and used their app at my house. We both get our accounts permanently suspended. Mine for "Referral fraud" and his because they thought he was my other account. I have always followed their rules and was going to quit soon anyway. After I spent the 20k credits I had. Now I can't do that and all those credits are from the items I just got done sending out. I emailed them to try to get my account back, but they won't get to me until "2 business days" after the request is sent. That's a problem since the auctions I wanted to win are this weekend. They are emails anyway so I don't see the point in waiting so long to fix a problem. Though with all these negative reviews on Listia, I doubt I'll be able to get my account back long enough to spend my credits and be on my way... Thanks Listia. What a great site....

4/26/14

I have been a seller & buyer on listia for since the beginning of the site. After being on this site since the beginning, I'm just tired of the BULL$#*!!

Something about me. I have over 900+ positive feedback's and have been on listia since the beginning, for about 4 years now. NOW I HAVE TO LET YOU KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT THIS SITE!

1.) Despite rules & policies, there is still people who commit a large amount of fraud. This is due the fact that listia doesn't make anyone verify their account thru credit card. Whenever I join a major site, they always have me verify a credit card. On listia, you will see alot of fraud due to underage sellers, people just trying to attain quick credits, newbie sellers, etc... And the site continues to run the site knowing that this happens. Weird!

2.) Your credits are guaranteed by the site. Not everyone, is trying to commit fraud on this site(I would never do such things). However, out of 10 auctions that I recently bided on 5 of them turned out to be fraudulent. Of course, I had my credits refunded back to my account by the site. But, for the most part I put my time & effort into bidding on the auction, then it turns out to be fraud. Sure, I get my credits back but its a BIG disappointment to win something, then find out I can't get the item.

3.) As a seller, vice versa... I've had buyers who have purchased from me, and I have a excellent feedback record track. But, there are those buyers who put in falsified claims and win. I sometimes sell digital goods & there is no safe guard against people who change there minds due to buyer remorse. Because of this, buyers can run rabid & state that the delivery of digital goods was never delivered or didn't work. Though, I do not argue with the buyer but it just doesn't seem fair since I did my job as a seller.

cont. 3.) Also, sellers....there is no safe guard against breakage of items in shipping. Accidents happen, and as a seller I'm willing to refund the buyers credits at any given time. However, what upsets me is the site without question, will automatically refund the buyer credits, without returning or proving the items were damaged in the mail. This is a HUGE problem on this site. I've had this happen a couple of times. I've even talked to other sellers, who have had a big problem, of supposedly fraudulence due to breakage.

4.) As a seller or buyer, its most difficult to attain a large amount of credits to get the really good stuff. What do I mean by really good stuff? Stuff like ipods, video game systems, gift cards, cell phones, etc... Its literally impossible to accumulate a large amount of credits in the short run. And by the time you attain a large amount of credits in the long run, the item is gone or no longer available anymore, or some other seller is asking for double the credits of what an original item sold for in the first auction.

cont 4.) Credits are the currency on this site. However, sellers do ask for you to pay for shipping. Now, this is what really upsets me. The slogan of the site is "GIVE & GET FREE STUFF". But, you have to read between the lines. In order to accumulate credits you have to list a bunch of items. What the site doesn't tell you, 'as a seller' (not me), they might ask for you to pay shipping charges before having the item shipped. As a seller, I would never ask for shipping charges simply because the site was based on a FREE concept. But, its not really FREE! As a seller, I would list items, pay for the shipment of items, then receive credits. So, in the end, whether you are the buyer or seller, someone always pay for shipping charges. Nothing about this site is really and truly FREE.

5.) Well, if you attain enough credits to get some of the really good stuff, then whats next. Well, you have to bid... And I tell you I got tired of bidding on items and its not easy. You are always getting outbid-ed in the last seconds of the auction. Its just no fun, when you have all of the credits necessary to win and you strive to win auctions, someone in the last seconds of the auction can outbid you.

6.) There are other options to bidding....but its going to cost you more credits.... Recently listia introduced a rewards store & 'get it now' option. The rewards store is where you can shop and listia has various items for a limited time for purchase. Sounds easy right? WRONG! Yeah, you can buy the stuff easily listed in the rewards store, but all of the items are OVERPRICED in credits. I recently was surfing their rewards store, and they had kitchen utensil set such as spoons, knifes, etc... something you can purchase in target or walmart for less than $20. This set went for 50,000 credits. That is just CRAZY! and if you are familiar with listia's credit scale, that's overpriced.

cont. 6) There is also the GET IT NOW option. Basally, they call it a GIN. Means you can buy the item now, without waiting for the auction to end. Well, you can get whatever you want. But again, its going to cost you more in credits. The whole point of auction is to get the item cheap and for very low credits. Well, there is no limits on GIN, and I see sellers taking advantage of this all the time. And buyers will fall for it.... For example, a seller posts a $5 gift card. Now, if you have been on the site for awhile (like me), you know not to spend more than 5000 credits for a $5 gift card. But, sometimes I'll go up to 8000 credits depending how desperate I need a gift card. But, I refuse to go any higher. So, if you figure $5 gift card that's about $1 for every 1000 credits, which is typically normal for this site. However, what some sellers seem to do is post $5 items, and turn around and ask for 10,000 credits or even double 20,000 credits to attain more credits for themselves. TERRIBLE! There is just no limits to the amount of credits. And people actually fall for this type of hyped excitement thinking they are getting a good deal, in which, they are not....

7.) Leaving negative feedback(from a buyer).... It seems the only way a negative feedback occurs is when you agree to give the buyer a refund or if an auction wasn't completed due to seller or buyer fault. Well, thats fine and dandy. But, let me tell you its not right. I've had only a few negatives in my feedback, and I agreed to give the buyer a full refund without question, just to be nice. Even though, I was honest and fair, and the buyer seemed nice - I ended up receiving a negative feedback in the end. Now as a seller, the only way I can leave negative is IF buyer backs out of an auction. However, I guarantee you if you are a seller, then expect retaliation from the buyer. Since, the auction wasn't completed then the buyer can also leave you a negative feedback, even though it wasn't the sellers fault. That's a HUGE flaw in the system.

8.) THE STAFF or owners of this site...... Terrible customer support and service. I understand they must remain neutral or cannot give direct answer due to liability. However, my GOODNESS.... What terrible service. Based on their policies and rules, I have to report certain buyers, as well as sellers, to the site of customer support agents. They are absolutely no help. I've never seen such an illiterate & uneducated bunch of misfits in all of my life. Sounds like a bunch of kids on the other end, with no respect to their more experienced sellers and buyers on the site. They really don't care what happens, and in return, you will receive nothing but robot responses. Some responses, don't even correlate to the complaint. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

9.) Rules & policies. Well, there is rules & policies, but seems people will still list items that are against the rules. Such as potions and items related to drug paraphernalia, Adult items (meanwhile people are willing to sell nude images of themselves), copyrighted materials (I've seen people sell off copies of dvds & cds), and so on. I've reported a few of these items, but the listia site or support don't care and they will continue to let the seller list these items. But, they turn around and take my auction down for something simple like a coupon because its a buy 1, get 1, stating that my coupon has too many restrictions. WHATEVER!!!

10.) IN FINAL, I leave you with these words "BUYER BEWARE". Since joining this site, I've had my ups and downs. More downs, than ups. Its still in the infancy stage, but I don't see it changing anytime soon. Will I continue to sell off my items for credits. Probably not anymore. I just recently emptied out my last of the credits for gift cards. I don't plan on listing anymore FREE items anymore. Its just not worth my time & effort. I just don't see how you can really accumulate a good amount of credits to attain (as I stated above), the really good stuff!

11.) LASTLY, this site was a great concept but lost my business. Its seems to be getting more expensive in terms of credits & its not letting up. With the economy still be on the downside, I just don't see why I should have to spend my hard earned money on this site. I can simply get better quality items by going to my local target or walmart for less. If you do decide to try this site out, my only suggestion is to be alert, pay attention to details when listing, always check someones feedback (stay away from people with 0 feedback, if asking for $$ or big ticket items), and you have my SYMPATHY!

3/22/14

On this site for almost a year. After I accumulated 900,000 points my account was suspended for no valid reason PLUS I got scammed for a $50 Walmart card.
I paid the credits only to find no money on card. Listia ignored my emails. I reported them to Better Business Bureau (they keep changing their address) and police discovered they don't have a legitimate address or phone number. Could be operating from China , Police said!
This is just about the worst site on the internet so B E W A R E !!!

3/17/14

Listia scammed me after 3 years of use.
I signed up on Listia around August 2011. Amassing over 465 logins (465 days).
Today I wake up to the news of my account being suspended. Without any reasoning as to why.
I have 151 Feedback, most of them being positive, excluding the few that were noobs and were trying to scam me and get their credits back even though they got their prize.
Before being banned, I had about 71,000 credits built up from selling my old PS3 games. I planned on saving those credits in order to get a $75 or $100 amazon card.
Upon reading their email indicating I was suspended, they did not cite the reasoning behind their suspension. This leads me to believe they are full of $#*!. I have been legitimately using their website since signing up in 2011.
I only ran into a few issues with Admins/Moderators because of mistakenly categorizing some listings or just putting up an auction I didn't know wasn't permitted. Outside of that, I did nothing to further the suspension of my account.
This leads me to believe that Listia is using the Ban hammer just for the $#*! of it.
I have contacted them via support ticket with no answer.
I advise everyone to stay away from this website. It has been nothing but problems for me. All they do is try to limit their website, making it as $#*!ty as possible. Then they do stuff like this which leads me to to conclude that their 'support team' are underpaid morons who make a living off of scamming those who don't know better.
Stay away from these people.

3/16/14

There are sellers in listia who claim that people got banned and they relist or people keep giving unverified address and so they not send to them, is that the truth or something is behind?

Sellers should send their item in their auctions if auctions ended with winners (names shown) and those members should be able to get listia items from the auctions' sellers

if sellers use lots of reasons, "your address is not being verified I can not send to you" "you dont pay shipping fee I can not ship for free" "you are banned now I can not deliver my listia item to you because you can no longer feedback" , right? Familiar? because many of us must always face that, but why sellers speak that right?

BECAUSE THOSE SELLERS WHO SELL THOSE ITEMS IN LISTIA.COM MAY NOT HAVE THE ITEMS THEY LIST, YES THEY DONT WANT PEOPLE KNOW THEIR LIES, SO THEY CLAIM THAT YOU ARE INELIGIBLE TO GET THE ITEMS.

NORMALLY, ASK YOURSELF, IF YOU WERE THEM, IF YOU REALLY GOT THE ITEM, WHY NOT SEND, CORRECT?

THEY DONT HAVE THE ITEMS, THEY CAN'T EVEN SEND/SHIP THE ITEM TO YOU,

IF NOT THEY DONT HAVE THE ITEM, WHAT REASONS ELSE?

USE YOUR BRAINS TO THINK, YOU SHOULD FORGET SUCH BAD SELLERS, THERE ARE BETTER PEOPLE IN WORLD, DONT THINK OF THEM ANYMORE. BUT FOR PEOPLE'S SAKE, YES , REPORT THIS KIND OF BAD SELLERS. THEY DONT HAVE THE ITEM THAT THEY LIST, THIS IS "FAKE LISTING/FRAUDULENT LISTING (THEY DONT EVEN HAVE THE RELEVENT ITEMS IN THEIR AUCTIONS, THEY DONT HAVE THE ITEM SO NOT SHIP YOU)" AND MUST BE REPORTED PROMPTLY TO LISTIA ADMINS.

if sellers do that, yes the banned buyers / buyers can find listia staff for assistance.

Dishonest sellers list items they dont even have, but claim buyers banned, address unverified, and not send their items they auction in listia.com. prepare to meet very bad sellers in listia everybody
dishonest sellers who dont even have relevent items would claim buyers are banned, address unverified and not send your items. you get far less than what you won.
that is (i.e.) in listia, if you won 25 items in 25 auctions, right? you may only get 5 items in your hand or mail. yes scam.

I won over 100 auctions, I now only get 5 items. think how horrible.

3/10/14

Listia people please note one thing, listia staff can steal read people's mail and email in listia.com.

"TANSTAAFL"

To enjoy freebies in listia, you have to get ready to write in mail things that does not even violate listia rules. if your mail writes listia bad things yes you are suspended next.

bidding, too many people bid, when you put a bid that is highest that someone would bid over you at the last. I dont like it.

Privacy Risks - listia staff can read your mail messages. be very careful when you message listia people. try ask them to write in facebook or email address if you want to write bad things on listia

unwanted programs - ask peopel to paypal to get extra listia credits is enough to speak this

adult content - lingerie, bra, under, panties, sexy thong, condoms, pregnant items.

misleading claims - if someone have same shipping address we listia would see if the receiver are different person,
truth - 2 listia member with same shipping address even if different receivers, both listia account are suspended.

this is from my freinds and my real life experience in listia

listia a lot of people dislike must have reasons. nobody would want to hate something without reasons.

but listia misled people that if 2 account in listia use same shipping address they would check, but truth is they would suspend 2+ accounts with same house number already.

if you and other listia member have same shipping address, they would not give you any chance.

3/10/14

I hate people who cheat and tell lies, listia staff, stop being so fake hearted by saying your page is nice, I have a friend who got suspended on 3rd march 2014, he today cried that he was innocent when being banned.

listia dare to say that my friend have mistake so being banned.

We ordinary people who never work anytime for listia (even if work for listia, SORRY NO, work in listia must tell lies, why bother working there.) are the one who is telling the truth on listia

those who said listia is a great site, if you guys look carefully you will know what happen and what is wrong

yes all posts are listia employee doing

we dont need such decoration or circus act. we dont need to do any circus act.

being a banned listia member, let me tell people my banned reason

Same shipping address with listia (at least one member) member.

listia would not allow/tolerate 2 people or more people with same ship add even if your receiver are not the same person. they only judge by shipping address

I dont wanna work in listia. if working in listia must have to write fake words that LISTIA A NICE PAGE, I AM TOUCHED

my freind cried today. I think I wish to let people know listia would never care how long your membership is, they ban people as they wished.

so I would just tell people about how I think alright.

Listia has no heart, this page is a damn page. a damned page that must be banned from internet to avoid ruin people and give people mental loss

9 out of 10 people dislike this page.

do you know why

do you know that, when you sending mails in listia,com listia staff can read your messages. some banned people got hunted when they write LISTIA IS BAD PAGE on messages. or if you write things that speaks listia is bad page, you will be banned.

shipping address is a big reason why many were banned. 2 people or more with one address when you win items, you are banned.

the worst moments are, some moments, you won sellers items, listia ban you without let you write the shipping address. seller really guess that you left listia and forgo the item

yes listia is very harsh.

sometimes if you were banned, you even got no opportunity to check back the items you bidded, especially if you win great gorgeous items, but listia does not give you anymore chance to write shipping address but just perm ban you without any reasons.

even if a person is banned, let them write their final address before listia ban them I think it's not a harsh request. but listia, especially if you got banned, you can never have this chance.

I hate listia. I hate it.

listia, those who write listia good site, are all listia hired people or listia employee.

thank you very much for let me write this note.

3/10/14

Everyone in this page ,look those who write good feedback to listia. they are all listia employee

let's say hi to them and let's condemn how *** they are doing

the more unnecessary stuff they do on this page pretending that listia is good, the more we people must really underlook listia

listia can only do this kind of poor thing, SO DESPERATE SO CHEAP SO *** SO *** DAMNED site. listia is a serious damned site that being its employee must have to go around to pretend that listia is a good site that we are all laughing out loud towards listia staff

if listia staff is hired to write untrue fake *** on listia against majority's feelings, I would rather not work for listia

a person must live to write the truest feeling and the truest words from true heart, from real from inside, the truest

a person must be honest and speaking truth.

if hired in listia means that, if people so hate your page you have to write so many fake lies to "laugh towards people"

this kind of mission impossible, you do. I dont want

I prefer spread that listia is a damned site that its staff must have to do so fake to try to maintain its weak pride.

I prefer tell people listia is a bad damned site that must force staff to tell fake lies.

LOOK AT SCAM BOOK ON THE SAME POST, WITH THIS PAGE, LOVE THIS SITE. YES THE SAME FACE SAME LOOK, MEAN THAT ONLY LISTIA STAFF BEING SO UNNECESSARY AND SO FAKE

FAKE HEARTED POSTS, NOBODY WOULD EVEN BELIEVE OR CARE TO READ ANY.

I would not pollute myself with listia

go around scambook and many page which say listia is bad, u may get into some people (FEW) saying that "I think listia is nice page only peopel wrong so they got banned"

...they (who said that we got banned due to our mistakes) are actually listia staff

people go around, talking/spoken about BEING SO FAKE

we ordinary people can never win listia staff who post so fake words.

when they post once, people would trust them and got spooked inside. that they are good page (listia is good site)

but when same speech, same post show in so many pages, what kind and what quality of rubbish site listia.com is, I think I dont have to speak so many words.

the more we speak the more fake we will become. look how listia staff cover their real hearts and speak such fake words fake lies, I dont wanna be the same standard with listia.com staff

3/9/14

Listia does not tell people something hidden. I am a banned member. Reason was because my shipping address was same with at least one person in listia.

listia spoke that if you share same shipping they would at least pending to go check with pervious people to see who has same address with you, to see if you are all sending the same dude or not.

You may ask one thing, if a family has 2 people, same address would listia ban. right?

WOULD, THEY WOULD.

TWO LISTIA MEMBER SAME SHIPPING ADDRESS no matter USA or not USA. just need one person with same shipping address with YOU. or someone else used your address to ship item to you, when they won item. if you not know then you use. yes all people suspended.

Two listia members use identical street name identical house number, flat number, even if same receiver name or different name same surname, or even different surname. 2 people use same address are suspended immediately.

look at me, I am a live example.

others who stay in listia kept saying it must be people's mistake so they got banned. but I think, at least, when you at school, you not just only got one classmate or in your home, you dont live alone.

first , basically, at least, if without your mother, you won't exist in this world. right?

this is already 2 people. your mom and you. then your biological father who use sperm to born you out. this is already 3 people.

if they register with you in listia. listia would ban all people account this I think many people would try to avoid this. but that if these 3 people won item. write same shipping address YES listia would suspend all people without hearing your explanations.

but you know, you can't murder your parents due to this site only allow one shipping address on one listia member account

father and mother, are important than this fokker page. listia is a fokker site which we must try to fight off

you can't try to stay on page and kill your family members,

you can't try to stay on page (listia) and ignore / isolate your classmate and friends

you can't hate your people just because listia only allow one person one IP one account, only allow one address one person use.

if you ask me, yes it's truth and true and real that.....

2 people same shipping address, listia would ban both account

the more people have same shipping address yes the same problem in listia.

listia does not allow 2+ people have identical shipping address

many people , like me, died on SHIPPING ADDRESS VERIFICATION on listia

but we would not kill our family and freinds just because listia only allow one person use listia. or two people use listia. or only one person can put your shipping address.

each and every individual address (shippin/home/mail home address/residential address) can only be verified by one time, once, and if two plus people use.

even if receiver are 2 different people ,yes listia would suspend everyone

listia does not allow same shipping address on 2 listia people accounts

but I dont support people kill their family and friends just because listia only permit one person use one address.

listia should be killed off quickly to avoid ruining people by giving serious mental loss by suspending people quickly and suddenly

the sudden account suspension. gives people serious mental loss.

I would not give listia.com any paypal money on

3/6/14

I have 2 freinds to send items in real life, my freinds and I use this site. firstly, the credits are very few (only 3100 marks even when you have facebook linked) twitter usually no 100credits.

this is also why many people would want to have more marks by making accounts. listia marks if you play legally is actually very few.

and same IP can not use 2 listia.com account. library computers are all same IP. same online area, all online compu already all same IP, but different people use, does not mean that all are ONE DUDE together.

then. address verify $#*!.

address verify. listia set a rule that you can only ship to people that can give you a verified address in listia

but had you guys found out that.

same address/identical address can not be used on 2 listia accounts.

or else, listia would ban 2 acounts immediate wihtout verify your address!!!!!

yes this is what most listia people got banned for,

first, IP $#*!, then Address verify thing

which person does not have 2 or more freinds

if 2 freinds want to send item, no money, go listia, buy item to same person.

to get thru the addrress verify, most people have to write wrong numbers. then must mail seller.....oh correct one should be what waht what what what, not my given verified number.

how complex.

Listia is a serious RIP OFF and a SCAM

3/3/14

Most of the people who bid are scammers. I sent an item to someone who won the bid, watched as it was delivered by tracking, and they had the gall to try and say they did not get it.

Not only that, but "Everything is free!" is a crock. 98% of the items you have to pay shipping and handling, and most of the people charge an arm and leg. A five dollar necklace was free, yes, but the shipping and handling was $14.95. They lived one state over. I mean c'mon!? That's more than the necklace itself was worth on Amazon! Not only that, but you have to pay for more credits if you are one of the people that has nothing to list. You get 700 credits for listing an auction, but if you don't have anything extra to give, say bye bye to those credits unless you want to pay.

Honestly, you'd be better off just avoiding this site. The items with no shipping and handling are crap anyway, and that's if you even win the bid. I've seen bids get up pretty high. Listia....totally not worth it.

2/20/14

I was really enjoying this site for a couple of months, really liked sending and receiving things from all over the world. Very user friendly. Unfortunately, my account was suspended for reasons that were not true. They said that I was bidding on my own auctions to "funnel" credits. This came about because my son bid on one of my auctions to win something for his girlfriend for Valentine's Day. He has his own account, that he was logged into from his own phone. They said that we had the same IP address. There is no way in the world that this is true. There is something seriously wrong with their system that would allow them to think that.
It is not a scam or a rip off site, but they have problems that still need to be worked out. So do not get too involved, sending your goodies all over the world because if they shut off your account, you lose everything.

2/19/14

Great so far. I did notice some of the negative feedback. In fairness if someone does not read the description or the shipping terms and ends up with something THEY misunderstood, that is not Listia's fault. If shipping says "digital" than it is a email not an actual item. Also, selling certain gift cards and getting suspended is also the users fault for not reading the terms and conditions. If a bidder does not receive what was stated credits will be returned. Important to READ and not get angry at a site for a personal mistake.

2/19/14

First of all, the stupid website suspended my account for no reason. I had nothing but good feedback from buyers and sellers and I have never made a rude comment or done anything to get my account suspended. They did this right after I had spent $20 buying Listia credits which leads me to believe that Listia scammed me for my money. Also, they tell you that you can get good stuff for free, but trust me, its not free. You have to pay shipping and handling at least 80% of the time and the people charge you an arm and a leg for it! I will not be returning to Listia because I would not be at all surprised if they suspended me again for no apparent reason.

2/11/14

OMGosh-How can anyone whose intelligence quotia is at least part of the overall bell curve pass up an EASY WAY to turn junk into $$$$??
I have honestly flipped hundreds of designer items (most New w tags) that I have won on the site, for serious cash!! There is no Thrift store/consignment shop in the universe that carries the amount of items and variety that Listia does...or that gives you the opportunity to swap your stuff right out of your house for credits to get gift cards (just like cash as they can also be flipped and sold).
Im here to tell you...if you haven't figured out yet how to make Listia work for you, and pay your rent.....well then you don't deserve to get the goodies!! LOL Not that hard to figure out!!
Hands down, easiest way to make money and w/No taxation whew hoo!

2/5/14

I have been with Listia since December of 2013 ,I don't agree with all the rules that listia has like auctioning off digital items such as a picture of a ps3 .Who wants a picture of a ps3 when they are selling things to get credits to buy stuff and then find out its a only a picture....Ya that made me angry although I never fell for that a lot of people did.I have gotten a lot of cool items on here like eos chapstick and a new wallet and purse and all sorts of awesome things but I have also auctioned off a lot of items and have spent nearly$ 300.00 on shipping my items out to winners,so overall im not sure if I am winning or losing.I have expressed my concerns to listia and never really received a response only a listia administrator saying my issue was solved!!! Although I have always been granted my credits back when someone did not wanna send the item I won!!

2/3/14

This stupid website suspended my account right after i had just spent 50 real american currency dollars to get credit and they wont give me a refund

2/2/14

In addition to all the feedback here i went a bit further and typed in Listia Better business bureau and you can see the complaints here

And more complaints http://www.pissedconsumer.com/reviews-by-company/listia.html

I have just sent in a request for them to cancel my account!

1/18/14

I have tried to contact them several times, always get "generic email" which is no help. Purchased credits at another site and filled their requirements to get more credits with Listia but never got credits. Back and forth and back and forth. This site is a bunch of crap, never get any help just run around. Don't join this site, it's more nightmares than anything. They don't care about their members at all!!!!!!

1/9/14

After almost 1 year selling stuff (steam games and others) for almost 357.000 credits (stuff what i bought myself with cheap deals from amazon and resell on listia for credits) so one day i tried to bid on a xbox 360 fulfiled by bestbuy everything was fine,i bided order placed,next day when i loged in "your account has been suspended" i send e-mail i got replayh in 36 day's with a copy paste from rules like my refferals bided on me to increae my auction and i bid on them to get bonus credits,belive me,i reffered like 752 people because im part of a HUGE steam group and like i sell steam keys for sure someone of my refferals bided on me,most of them got 2000 bonus credits and bid them all on my cheap auiction,but i never bid on refferals because i was afraid of this supension,now my points and work for a year is gone,my xbox order have been canceled

FACK YOU LISTIA!

STAY AWAY OF THIS BOUNCH OF LISTIA MONKEY ADMINS,just some oportunist jew's! THEY MUST BE EXECUTED or LIFE TORTURE!

12/21/13

Too many ppl dispute for every little thing. I have used listia for 3 months now and I always ship my items free. It's supposed to be a free website. Then why would someone want to charge 6 dollars for shipping a wallet?? I tried refunding it and didn't get my credits back, didn't get the wallet and brittneyshott gave me a negative rating. This website's a joke....

12/20/13

stole 44,000 credits after i tried to list a 100 dollar amazon gift card and was to mail it to the winner so he could open it for christmas and then he started demanding i send right away via email and when i told him no i was mailing via snailmail so he could get it like a christmas present and pysicaly open it a moderator sent me a abrubt message saying he gets his creds which is compleatly wrong and not to their policy. they break their own rules why should they be trusted to not break yours?

12/19/13

Lots of junk. People list their used items and free samples with hopes of trading them into something better! I've been a member for about 4 months now and found a few good items but you need to search diligently through the listings and figure out if your actually paying more for the item with your credits than you would be paying with actual money. Had great hopes for this sight but all in all really disappointed.

12/18/13

I really enjoy Listia. It reminds me of the way ebay used to be, which means dealing with individual sellers. Most of the complaints here seem to be solved by "buyer beware" - if you buy from a seller with a low rating, well, you know what you are getting into. I've won brand new Urban Decay makeup (on Listia) and a ton of new unique and vintage jewelry. I love it! Things I didn't want and would have thrown out have been transformed into Jewelry and I didn't pay anything to make it happen. I only bid on things with free shipping. I spend a lot of time on there and always have fun searching for ending soonest

12/12/13

I love listia, because I can get rid of the stuff that has been laying around the house - things like cd's and my old stamp collection. In return, I can get gift cards or items my kids want for Christmas. Just like any other auction site, you do have to be careful who you do business with, but the choices are endless, and "free" is always good! I also like the sense of community that comes from doing business with the same people, as listia is still small enough to be personal, but big enough to have choices.

12/12/13

I have been a member for almost 2 years . I have won some great items and given away many great items. There are always bad apples that spoil things , but you have to be smart and read the listings and comments . I have had a couple of bad sellers not follow through , but you get that on any auction site. Ebay has scammers and fraudulent sellers as well. Most often the ones who complain are the ones who were suspended for violation the rules, *They are sent an email with the reason for suspension . I love Listia and will continue to be on there offering my items and winning more great things.

12/11/13

Listia is a fun way to get rid of things you don't need anymore and trade them for things you want for free. The community is all about giving and getting :)

12/7/13

never respond to member support tickets, they just close them and ignore you...
if you do complain, they make you wait several hours if not days before letting your auction complete.
horrible customer service

11/22/13

I thought, at first, this website was such a wonderful concept. If every item you bid on is free shipping, then it truly is "free" bc you never exchange currency. Now, the problem I've had so far, I am new to the site, I had the 3,000 credits so thought ok, I'll bid on some stuff. I won altogether a scarf, nothing fancy and was free shipping, that was over a week ago and only heard from the girl one time who said shed ship it on the 15-20th. I have messaged her to see if she ever shipped it bc majority of my credits were spent on that scarf, no answer. I have filed a request for return of my credits which listia said the seller has five days to respond or ill win.
The second item was a nose stud, free shipping, the girl messaged and said she shipped it out yesterday which was just two days after I won so we will see how that goes.
The third was a makeup brush from elf. Shipping is not free it's $2.00 flat rate shipping, however, since I have won yesterday morning, no response from the seller and I've messaged her a few times. How am I suppose to pay the shipping cost if she will not give me the info. The longer it takes her to give me the info the longer it'll take me to send the money the longer it'll take to get it, if I actually do get it at all!
So with my experiences thus far I'm feeling like this site may be junk! If all of the sudden my items arrive or the sellers apologize, two of them not the one who did respond, and we get it straight then ill continue using listia! I think there should be a certain response time, not seven days, just for the seller/buyer they have 24 hrs to message the seller/winner and let them know its official. Idk but so far 2/3 auctions are successful for me, if I loose out on the elf brush I won as well, I'm not listing anything, like I had planned before, I'll quit this site!

11/19/13

I have been a member of Listia for about 3yrs now, and like it very much. I would say the down side is that they let all these "from China" things in, and it totally clogs up the site. I usually bid on low/no shipping things, and have been pleased with what I received the majority of the time. One of thew main things I bid on are baby clothes, and they have all been in awesome or new condition.

11/13/13

I do not recommend listia at all. I've been an on and off member of listia for about 3 years. I have not had many problems until recently, when a buyer filed a dispute claiming she only revieved one of the two items I was auctioning (bracelet and earrings). Why in the world would I want to keep any of the items I am auctioning?? Isn't that the point why I am auctioning them?? I even went through the process of wrapping them up in pretty tissue paper and making sure they were nice and proper, because that's the type of tidy person I am. She (the buyer) wrote "So I received an envelope today wrapped in purple paper...when I opened it only the bracelet was inside....I though it was earrings as well"

I can tell she was lying. You don't put "..." if this is a proper dispute. It clearly shows she is trying to make informal business. This made me very angry, becaues I know for sure I put the earrings and bracelet together before wrapping it. I wanted everything to be perfect. This lady was a lying scammer and she should be banned. After this experience, I do not wish to continue business with Listia any further.

11/12/13

Ok, So I have been using Listia for 16 days now. YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL on this site. If I had to describe it, It's like the gangland / crack house of auction sites. Everyone who says bottom of barrel is dead on. It's scary even being on it. I have run into some very suspicious activity where I am absolutely certain it's criminal activity. I have seen brand new (expensive pieces and tons I mean tons of it from a single auctioneer) listed and bidders are bidding on it paying outrageous prices in shipping fees. I am certain that this is theft traded online. Listia has a rule policy that lists a max ship price on certain items. A LOT of auctioneers are way over the ship policy. There is no good way to report violations and real violators get ignored and aren't held to standards. It's a funny place to be, on one hand you want to go and post stuff because you can and people bid on it like swarms of zombie eating their fresh kill. On the other hand, you almost have this weird anxiety that someone is going to phish your computer information and you will win an auction from someone who will extort money from you and then tie you up and torture you. I say, be careful. If you have a red flag? Go with your gut. It's probably absolutely right. TIP: If you are an auctioneer, go ahead and list your costs for shipping and provide pick up as an option (recommendation, do the swap in a public location - try to avoid the shadiness) this way you wont feel like you are paying someone to take your stuff. Stay Legit, make sure if you post ship fees its because you are recovering the cost, not trying to cash profit. Good luck! PS- I am in love with the barter concept for points. But I did do the dollar per point value conversion and came up with an approx. figure that about every 400 points is worth a dollar. This might help you if you are going after gift cards. So far I have found that I have spent way too much in free shipping fees which is why I urge you to post and re-coop your costs. I would also like to mention, that I have in fact met some very honest and lovely people. Just be careful, be instinctual.

11/8/13

slowest login l have ever seen l sit for hours trying to log in to this site l have started the down load and while it was downloading l took a shower and when l was done checked the computer and it was still downloading so far it has been over an hour
l would not recommend this site to any one

11/8/13

The site is pretty fun, at first. But i started on facebook, and it kept screwing up and not working, and after several messages to the customer support team about it, all of which went unanswered, i just made a new account. But because I messaged them explaining what happened when it wouldnt let me verify my address because it was under 2 accounts, they deleted my account, said they never got my messages, and then ignored me and said i was $#*! outta luck. it was horrible, and a waste of time, and the amount of scams on the site is paramount. Dont waste your time.

11/8/13

As with any site, there are going to be negative and positive aspects. I personally have had a good experience using Listia. I got a good amount of credits when I started my Listia account because they give you 500 credits and because I signed up through a Facebook friend's referral link which gave me bonus credits. I did some surveys online and got credits, and have listed items (small items that don't cost much to ship).

I try to only bid on items with no shipping or very little shipping. I have gotten rolls of duct tape for my daughter, Betsey Johnson jewelry, make-up, etc. I got all of these things for free. Luckily I work a desk job and can lurk my watchlist while I'm working and pounce on items last minute when there's only seconds to go and win things for a reasonable amount of credits.

I wouldn't list big items I want to get rid of as shipping for those things wouldn't be worth it for me and like other people have stated, most people don't bid on auctions that require payment for shipping. I list jewelry, single clothing items, etc.

The only thing that upset me and discouraged me from Listia was their feedback system. I ordered some Betsey Johnson items from someone who claimed it was authentic. Out of the whole lot of 6 items (that I got fairly cheap) I had a few items that I didn't particularly see as my style so I relisted them. I ended up getting bad feedback (both items purchased from the same person) because she said they were fake. Even though I assured her I did not know the items were fake (I really didn't, they looked legit to me) and I gave her back her credits and $2 shipping, she still ruined my reputation over it and I definitely didn't deserve it. I should have disputed it but I didn't realize all this would happen. I'm still working up to at least have enough items listed that I can get a 99% feedback rating. But I wonder how this woman posting fake Betsey (she has hundreds of items on two different accounts and I know other people have told me that they were fake after the fact) has a 100% feedback... makes no sense! Oh well.......

If you're careful, Listia can be an awesome site. I'm a bit addicted myself :)

11/7/13

STAY AWAY AS FAR AS POSSIBLE. THEY DESERVE NO STARS. They allow the bottom of the barrel to sell or auction off their stuff and the company has only !4 in their staff to so call regulate these people who cannot go places like Ebay or Etsy because they don't qualify. I have paid over 1000 dollars in fees, shipping and even a caregiver when I was sick to take care of what becomes a full time business and you don't really get paid for it. AUCTIONERS AND BUYERS BEWARE

The Best Auction Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber