US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ediet

I mainly sell beads and jewelry making supplies and I turn around my credits and buy all sorts of things for my family! (in 163 reviews)

jodiem18

I have sold and "bought" many items on it and overall, I've been very happy with it. (in 106 reviews)

katev7

i like listia, have used it almost a year, but the nasty people are just ruining it. (in 125 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

annaa48
2/3/16

Listia banned my account because I referred the people who live in my house hold. Only 3 of us signed up but I was somehow banned. They stole money and credits from me. Do not download Listia, it is a scam.

paolad2
2/3/16

I had to comment. People are complaining about the other people on the site, which, in my opinion, shouldn't reflect on Listia. People are weird, rude and sometimes down right nasty. I love this site. I have gotten soooo much yarn on this site that I have been making afghans for my whole family and I have not paid one penny. I have listed so many products with occasional mishaps, but that's based on the people on the site. I will be on the Listia selling and bidding for as long as they will have me!!

cs129
2/1/16

I posted auctions for original photography and offered free digital copies too.

They edited my account like a toddler, said I was breaking their rules. I was in my rights to offer something extra and my freedom of speech was violated.

STAY AWAY FROM LISTIA. User: Cyntech

deannas16
1/25/16

Hi Everyone, there are good and bad in everything. In the past year I've been in Listia I had a few problems. But the good out weighed the bad by 95 %, and I have gotten some really AWESOME things! And I give kudos to the customer service for all the help I've gotten! Deann50

gailp25
1/15/16

I listed a piece of furniture For Pick Up Only. A person on the other side of California bought it, and asked me to ship it to them. Really? Then gave me bad feedback for not shipping a desk 500 miles. Listia ignored my messages. I closed my account. Too many non-shippers and weird people.

moep
1/12/16

Listia to my johny boy.

jayceec2
1/9/16

Started an account on 12/10/15 was going great at first then really started to go down hill i bought an item for a controller and the seller never responded i filed out a refund request the seller finally contacts with derogatory remarks (includes messaging) seller begins creating fake accounts to get me blocked (making comments on his other auctions and messaging himself) listia blocks me from commenting and messaging which does hinder things but not a big deal. I listed 5 item which 3 of them were received and left positive feedback and credits transferred by the buyer + bought $20 worth of credits i begin bidding on a phone case i wanted got an email claiming i was suspended from bidding for 14 days i submitted a support ticket asking why i have been suspended from bidding they claim its till the buyer receives the item they marked received and manual transferred credits and the other 2 items the credits are still pending such a scam have had to file a dispute with my card company to get my $20 back i purchased solely to bid on this item i will not be getting this item as it will have ended before my suspension most ridiculous site i have ever experienced your told to file a support ticket that most will go unanswered and closed when you do get a response its most of the time not related to the question when it is they dont offer any help or review of said suspension they just give you a generic tos response do not list your items or buy credits as they will more than likely ban you for any reason they can find stay far away from this site and BTW to the guy that is going to respond saying submit a support ticket I have submitted several either goes unanswered and closed or some stupid automated response

matthewg37
1/9/16

ITS RELLY GOOD. But the site follows a algorithm. You relly can only do a certen amount of surveys. It all depends on what you do say you do 7 surveys you might not get ALL points but you still do. So all I am saying IS RELLY GOOD but you it wisely :)

Tip for consumers: USE IT WISELY!

bailsb
1/8/16

Listia is where sellers go when they've been banned from all of the other selling sites/apps.

This site is credit based, not only will you be unable
to get a straight answer as to the dollar value of a
Listia Credit, credits change value randomly.

Example: One day they will be selling 10,000 credits for $4,
the next day it will be 5,000 credits for $6.

Dupes, fakes, & recipes that can be googled make up the bulk of the items being sold.

Customer support is slow, robotic & frustrating.

jamesz13
1/7/16

This is just a quick note to inform you that a review of your request determined that our site admins will be best in finding a solution with you. We’ve escalated this ticket to that team, who will be in touch as soon as possible. If you have questions, or have additional information that might be useful as we work on this issue, please add it here:

Thank you for your patience and we’ll get back to you shortly.

Sincerely,
ListiaDawn
Listia Member Support

I never heard back from there admins.Friday on 1/8/2016 at 10:49 is the message from above sent from Michelle she closed it without turning it over to the sight admins as she stated above.

andyr38
1/6/16

Used to be fun in the begining, now it's just a bunch of rude a-holes who want to try and rip you off. WAY to many people using it as a business site, ripping you off by charging to any points, then wanting more $ for shipping. I can go buy half the stuff myself.....cheaper than points plus shipping. How but that!?!?!?! Now my wife got banned because some stupid chic running a business thru Listia screwed up and shipped the wrong item, and then called her a liar. Total B.S. site now. We both had 100% positive feedback. Won't ever use it again, total rip off with rude ass people now.

leahb20
1/4/16

It has some good and bad things. First the good is I like you can ear points. Bad though is there is really not a lot of nice things you can earn with the points, people list their stuff way way way to high. Also I don't like that you have to verify your address it is very annoying. Plus I got yelled at on Listia by a seller that listed an item that I had at home. They said that it was this really fine piece of jewelry but I know I bought the same exact piece at Walmart for 5 dollars. Also bidding is way to competitive. I feel like you never win anything.

jessw24
1/1/16

My first listing experience wasn't a good one. My item was bought by this total weirdo who sent me this comment: (I had not said anything to him except asking for an email I can send my shipping charge to through paypal).

"Thank you for your item. I could really tell that you love me and my family. <-[WTF?!]

No offense my cousin said that you are idiots by i don't think so."

He sounds exactly like the automated scam emails I get from Craiglist (but at least those people only waste a second of your time). Three days now and he still won't send his email. He sent his address though.

Yeah, no, I'm not sending anything until I get my shipping fee. Total scammer, weird automated message, and total waste of 10 days.

Also, the value of their credits changes like, multiple times a day. It's annoying. I'm worried that if I give away stuff, before I can save enough credits to get something I want, my credits are going to be worth much less.

This was my first (testing the waters) experience and it wasn't a good sign.

Honestly, just selling your stuff for cash and then using that cash to buy what you want is easier. I recommend: Ebay, Amazon, or Craigslist.

luannp2
12/31/15

I've been a member for over four years. The customer service is excellent. When I submit a question or support ticket..I never have to wait over a couple if days..most questions will be answered the same day if you submit them soon enough. I may not always like what the answer is..but I consider them to be fair. If you want to be successful on listia..here's what you should do...follow the rules..offer up clean and useable items..take good pictures..give a clear description..pretend that you are the potential bidder..what would you like to know? Answer any good question..it makes people more confident to bid on your listing. Always send your item..no matter what the final bid is..and ship in a timely manner with good packing and tracking. Be nice, be pleasant. Occasionally, you will get that "problem bidder". It's easy to block them. Keep everything positive..your ads, your responses, your questions, etc. People will respond to your attitude. Again, always follow the rules! There are more things that I could say..but these are the basics. If you do these things, you will love a Listia too!

hannahd13
12/30/15

“baning account” - they ban your account without warning. My account got banned for violations when i didn't violate any of their rules and wasn't told what I violated. I made another account to try it again and got ban without even being given a reason. They didn't even tell me why I got ban. The day before I got ban I had spent money on points for the site. It seems that they took my money and turned on me and left

samh85
12/28/15

they ban your account without warning. My account got banned for listing violations when i didn't violate any of their rules. I made another account to try it again and got ban for listing violation and for having multiple accounts. They didn't even tell me what listing violation i broke.

janetr31
12/15/15

I'm really so upset about a problem that i'm having on Listia. I don't understand why the moderators dislike me so much.
I have been enjoying this site for months...i think i'm addicted to it...but that's going to have to change i guess. I had a really good auction of an old Waltham Pocket Watch of my Dad's. A lot of people were interested in it and i got a nice high bid. The person that won gave me positive feedback..and a couple days later wanted his credits back. The moderator sided with him, without telling me why. I had not broken any rules.
I guess the worst part is that i don't have 400,050 credits to refund. So i'm sure i will end up banned soon. Very sad and upset :(

shirleyd25
12/12/15

I grow a garden, collect seeds, and when I found Listia I thought I had hit pay dirt. I have had such sweet little notes and prompt service. Being a newbie I goofed once and buyer so understanding--I more than made up for the error in my shipment. Maybe gardeners are just a wonderful down to earth group to hang with. I don't know, but I have enjoyed so immensely. Only been at it a few weeks, but constantly got things going out and coming in. Christmas every day!

doesntm1
12/10/15

I was having problems getting account credited for offers I completed. Opened a ticket on Nov 20, I explained thoroughly what was happening. They replied on Nov 23 to send screenshots and the confirmation emails, I did on Nov 24. I did not hear a word until Dec 6, and that is because I replied to them asking if I was ever going to receive my credits. They replied back on Dec 8 asking me what problems I was having. Pissed me off, I replied asking if they actually read the emails people send. They replied Dec 9 telling me it is out of there hands to contact Trial Pay. Seriously, after NINETEEN DAYS, they tell me to contact the original company that I had tried 4 times on Nov 19 and every time I clicked on the Trial Pay link that was sent to me, it would just say an error and wouldn't let me continue. So, on Dec 9 I sent another email, thanking them for everything they DID NOT DO to help me. Within an hour my account was banned. Had just under 50,000 credits.

So if you ask me, don't ever piss them off or you will be banned.

kizzmich
12/9/15

Yall Listia Really Works Ive Gotten My Stuff And Its Amazing Such A Loyal Fan

leea89
12/7/15

I have been on Listia for about 2 years now, and even though you do occasionally have bad experiences with low down people, the majority are FABULOUS. I have made so many wonderful friends on this site.
I sell awesome items and my buyers are happy, which of course is my goal. I have bought so many awesome things on here, and they cost me literally nothing. Laptops, iPads, iPods, electrical appliances, cameras, fine jewelry, designer bags and clothes and on and on. Everything has been wonderful, and I am delighted with my winnings.
I find that if you buy from established sellers then you will not have problems. Only the newbies are problematic.
I say to anyone who has doubts about joining Listia, join now and have the best time of your life winning the most fabulous items!
I could not be happier....
Thank you Listia, and the awesome moderators who are very fair in their decisions.

sandis11
12/6/15

I have been a member since Aug 2012 and could not be happier. I read these bad reviews and wonder if there is something these folks just don't grasp. Yes, you can buy credits and support the site or earn them for free by taking surveys, completing goals or just watch a video. When you sell, I strongly advise to mail with tracking and save your own butt. Yes I had a buyer state her tracked item was not received. Sad sad sad. So yes there are the scammers on both ends. Just like court you need to prove your case with any dispute. No need to complain when it doesn't go your way. So get the clutter out of your house, list it and get what you want for free. This site is so easy to use. I'm not going anywhere.

karend75
12/1/15

Got on there just to get Christmas stuff was harassed by sellers.Scammed out of points.Bullied by moderators.It has been HELL!

josephs132
11/21/15

i won a knife and when i received it had bona floor cleaner instead of my knife i asked for my credits to be refunded the agent amir wants me to return the knife that the seller claims they shipped but ive tod both seller and agent multiple times i didnt receive the knife i won it was hardwood cleaner i received and hes taking the side of the seller i for one will be boycotting listia

tomasf5
11/15/15

When sellers acquire over 500k+ credits they may get their accounts banned for no reason in order to keep them from cashing in those credits. For example:(https://www.facebook.com/notes/sandy-strong/listia-tips-best-practices-lessons-learned-experiences-and-reviews/10151862572323884)

Buying:
Flagged auctions don't get taken down and the auction browser is awful. People with no feedback can charge for shipping (no buyer protection). People are selling items for $ by setting excessive shipping costs and Listia couldn't care less.

Selling:
You get charged 10% of your auction's credits for listing GIN auction and 10% of your starting asking price whenever you list an item, irrelevant of whether it sells or not.

Mods are bullies which make up their own rules, which are not written in the terms of service.

Conclusion:
Only rarely useful, but set up for you to fail if you plan on becoming a large scale seller. If still interested, don't buy credits, sell gift-cards of the same value, they are worth over twice the credits.

PSA:
The guy that replies to the reviews has no idea what he is talking about and is only here to make Listia's actions seem justified notice he never offers to help or give reasons for what happened.

Tip for consumers: If still interested, don't buy credits, sell gift-cards of the same value, they are worth over twice the credits.

brittnayh
11/9/15

I have had many problems in the past year of selling. I do continue to sell because I am hooked. There are two big problems with this site: They want you not to charge for shipping. The amount of credits you earn does NOT cover your shipping cost. So in the end you end of up loosing. Another problem is all the auctions from china . They consume the site and it ends up being all junk for auction
Credits are pretty much worthless compared to a year ago. To win an a $15 gift card use to be a max bid of 42,000 now it is well over 142,000

mandyw7
11/3/15

I am being bullied by a seller who I bought things off of
How do you stop a seller from bullying you on listia?
& lying and making false comments about you even on reviews?
I reported it to listia, but I do not feel they care at all about this sellers lies & BULLYING AT ALL!!!!!!
she turned my words around, about everything i said and is so dishonest!

I am ready to take further action.. this person scams people & is getting way with it

gamert
10/23/15

I heard of Listia about two years ago. I never looked into it because I didn't know anyone personally who sold on there or how it worked. I've been selling online since I was fifteen on various sites and my own personal website that I closed down due to a now much more frantic schedule. I'm 21 and last month I decided to give them a try after a friend said if you need to unload some of your games and extra collectibles, my cousin is really fond of Listia.com

They don't charge you anything unless you use the GIN feature, I don't know how they make anything from Sellers x_x
The moderators are very kind and helpful even when not asked to help. I've been on Listia nearly a month and I think it's perfect. I put up my auctions on low bids and they do nicely, even if they don't, it's a win-win since I'm just trying to get rid of the collectibles and video games I don't need or have extras of. Shipping isn't that pricey in my opinion since first class is up to 13oz and priority is cheap too as long as you do your own labels so I always offer free shipping and I don't believe I'm losing out anything by doing that. I'll admit these reviews nearly scared me away but I'm glad I decided to give it a chance anyways.
Have nothing bad to say except for some of the buyers who take a bit to leave feedback. I upload tracking right after I ship so I know when the items are delivered and I feel like I have to spam some buyers to get the feedback, days after they get the item. I wish for sellers who use tracking there would be an email or something once the item gets delivered to the buyer, telling the winner to please leave feedback or something. Well over all, it's fun, it's free and it's nice to help other gamers and collectors get what they need for their personal collections if I put something they need up. I'm very pleased with the site thus far, only have had to block two users so far and I'm also thankful for that feature :) it protects me and the future serious bidders from bidders who will win and then decided they don't want my item after all. I understand that the rules say the seller has the right to keep the credits in that case but it's just too cruel for me personally so I refund and block.

It's a legit site, it's not a scam. I'm sure the negative posters have their reasons but this has been my experience on the site so far. Nothing bad to say and no I don't work for them, I'm just being an honest reviewer for the people looking into creating an account on the site.

angelap33
10/17/15

i only deal with the gardening part so cant say anything about the other auctions . i do charge shipping but give extra seeds of other varieties and . the only thing i would love to see change is when people dont pay shipping there is some reprecussions. i also dont understand why listia is now taking part of your credits. ive noticed that people are now charging more points for items. i buy alot of the seeds i sell so anything i get in shipping goes back to listia . i;m never going to get rich from what i charge for shipping but it makes it fun to be able to offer many varietys of seeds. i have only had to file a few disputes and the staff usually finds in my favor.i have gotten seeds that dont grow but that happens on ebay also. it could be my error or old seeds. i have 100 percent feedback and if someone says they didnt get it i do resend at my cost.i did get A NASTYGRAM FROM ONE MODERATOR about a item i posted it was removed but later someone else posted and sold same item .there should be rules that everyone should abide and before a someone gets banned they should get a warning and if they continue to violate then a email should be sent stating why and a way to dispute it.moderators also should respond faster but all in all i will continue to use listia. ive had the same experience with ebay except the nastygrams . i thought it was totally un called for since ive always had great reviews on listia. thanks listia for a great experience and i get a chance to win seeds and have a beautiful flowerbed every year since 2010 when i joined

kr2412
10/15/15

I don't like that they let people sell Nazi memorabilia and smoking supplies (which often get bought by people underage, which is a MAJOR problem!!!)

chickenzc
10/11/15

Listia is the worst site ever, i have support tickets with no replies till 2 weeks and later my account gets banned containing 500000 credits for no damn reason!! Its a total scam. Listia is just sucking your investments for their own profits. When you list an auction, and it ends with lets say 100k credits, by the time you receive them they are valued at 90k, what i mean by that is the credits are devalued and LISTIA IS THE ONLY ONE BENEFITING FROM IT. A complete fraud which should be reported!

amandat51
10/10/15

I have been a list I an for a while I l love it and think it's a great experience. I offer free shipping on all my items because it just makes less trouble for me. I have given away great stuff and have received great stuff so yeah I love it and recommend them to all my friends

rickt28
10/9/15

On October 9, Listia credits were sold at 4000 per $1. As of this review, credits are now 4650 for $1. That's a destruction of your credit value of 16.25% in only TWO WEEKS.

Listia better find a way to stop this credit value demolishment, or their site will be come even more irrelevant than it is now.

MY ORIGINAL REVIEW FROM OCTOBER 9, 2015:

The problem with Listia starts and ends with the value of credits. As of this review, Listia credits are worth roughly 10,000 per dollar value. Listia will argue otherwise, but I'll deal with that in a moment.

First, let's look at how I value the credits: Listia sells Amazon gift cards, and other goods which have a set dollar amount. The number of credits it takes to buy them has skyrocketed in the last few years. And, this is true for all items on Listia where there is a SET and STANDARD dollar amount attached.

The prices in credits continue to move higher.

At the moment, if you want to trade your credits for something with real value you are looking at spending 8,000 - 10,000 credits for every dollar of value you receive.

The reason Listia credits continue to spiral downward in value is mainly twofold:

1) Listia continues to offer credits to people for doing nothing. You can "earn" EASILY 5000 credits in the first hour after you join. This is because Listia will give you credits for things that are virtual tasks, and that add nothing of value to the marketplace (watching a video, filling out your profile, etc). Listia will give you credits for referring others to the site. They will give you credits simply for listing items, and sometimes with special deals where the more you list, the more credits you get.

2) You can earn credits for doing outside tasks for Listia "partners." These "partners" no-doubt pay Listia for the privilege to advertise to you and capture your information for marketing purposes. Now, this would be fine IF the money Listia made came back to Listia users. One way Listia could do that is to BUY CREDITS BACK from users. Another would be to stop offering all the other free credits for doing stuff that adds no product to the Listia marketplace. There are other ways, but it really comes down to Listia's greed VS the strength of the ecosystem. At the moment, it seems Listias greed is more important than the marketplace.

Now, Listia would claim that the value of their credits is more. For example, they sell credits at the rate of 200,000 for $50. This would assign a value to the credits of 4000 per $1. And, although that is a disasterously-inflated number compared to just a few months ago, it does, at face-value, seem to be a better deal than the 8,000 to 10,000 I wrote about at the top.

So, what's the difference in the two numbers?

The difference is known as "the spread." As in, the "spread" between what Listia will give for credits (ie what they sell Amazon gift cards for), and what they want YOU to pay when you buy credits.

Look at this real-world example: Let's say you buy 200,000 credits for $50 from Listia. Then, you decide you want to buy an Amazon gift card. Well, as of this review, a $35 Amazon gift card is bid up to 245,000 credits. That's 45,000 MORE credits you will need to get something you could have bought in the real world for $15 less in dollars, but in credits, you need to come up with at least 45000 MORE.

In REAL dollars, listia sells credits at the rate of 4000 per $1, or $0.00025 each. But, they will buy them back from you (in the sale of gift cards and hard goods in the "rewards store") if you pay them roughly 10,000 in credits for every $1 of gift card or hard goods* (see below for "hard goods" commentary). When Listia takes the credits back, they are doing so at $0.0001 each.

The bottom line on the valuation of credits is this: It's like you bought a house for $250,000 and when you went to sell it, you were offered only $100,000.

That is ridiculous. No excuse. Totally unacceptable.

Listia must literally be LAUGHING at you.

Listia's founders are Gee Chuang, James Fong. They received nearly TWELVE MILLION in funding on top of whatever else they are scraping out of Listia. You can find out more about them and their investors at:

If you use Listia, you better be good with a calculator, spreadsheet, and willing to lose money in transaction after transaction. Until Listia changes the mathematic-certainty that your credits are worth less each day, the site will be used less and less by people willing to do real trading.

*As for the other "hard goods" that Listia sells in their "rewards store," there is no way to know what Listia's cost is - if any - on those goods. Thus, it may be that Listia makes an infinite percent market up on those items. Those items may be part of marketing efforts by Listia partners where they give the items to Listia, Listia sells them for credits, and the partners get a new name added to their list of potential customers to market to. There's just no telling how much Listia makes on those deals.

joeld20
10/7/15

I loved Listia, still have 240,000 credits but I think the idea the if a bid goes higher than a seller's GIN asking credit amount, the GIN option is then removed & if you haven't been watching that item from the beginning, you can get screwed bad, as I just did, spending almost 15,000 credits more on a video game and asked the user, dereksdoll, for a refund because my child was hospitalized & I didn't know about the ridiculous GIN rule. I never used that option with my auctions. It is also wrong because users like dereksdoll can list an item with a GIN of 59,999, with a starting bid of 39,999, which is obviously over the 50% mark of credits needed to GIN, you can get scammed to spend more credits every time. I also will be contacting the BBB as well as the FTC regarding this "issue". The GIN, if posted by the seller should remain until the END of the listing. One dollar is now worth almost 4,000 credits as well, which disgusts me! When I first joined a year and a half ago, a dollar was worth maybe 1,500 credits which seemed MUCH more fair. I am starting to HATE Listia. Not necessarily the mods, but they are becoming WAY LESS helpful to users who have extenuating circumstances and just generally. Losing my credits to an item I could have got if not for Listia's RIDICULOUS GIN rule makes me sick. They need to re-think that ASAP or unhappy users such as myself and obviously many others, will simply bow out after blowing my credits on stupid stuff I could care less for! I know derekssoll, the user I won mistakenly a PC game from is rude, harasses you and will likely send me junk and I can guarantee I won't be refunded my credits. I would only ask for a refund if the item is defective or just plain wrong but I don't see them backing me up as a buyer . Why? Because dereksdoll has been a user since 2011 and has sold over 1,000 items and me only 90 in a year and a half. The GIN rule in the TOU is simply NOT FAIR! Listia moderators can try to explain why it is in place but the reality is...it's UNFAIR!!!

stephanieb68
10/5/15

I Would Say Do Not Use This Site All They Care About Is There Selfs And Taking Your Credits When Do Not Need Them And As Long As They Get What They Want They Are Happy I Listed A Auction On There Site And It Got Deleted For There Know It All Moderators That Do Not Know Nothing About Shipping They Only Favor Certain People On There Site Too Which Is Not Right They Also Can Not Ever Take Responsibility For There F ups Moderators Working For Them

Tip for consumers: Do Not Use There Site Shut Them Down

shannonn5
10/2/15

Listia is okay you can earn credits to get free stuff, I normally just watch videos. I just look at free shipping items. I wish it was easier to get more credits for people who can't buy or sell also I think people should get more items on how much they bid.

listianl
9/25/15

Listia is great, however it needs some improvements. To start off, it is very risky to send a package without tracking number, making it unnecessarily expensive for Listians who want to offer free shipping within the marketplace. To counteract this, there should be a different way in which we can prove we sent out our packages, for example allowing us to record a video of us dropping the package at a USPS drop off point etc, this would encourage more "sellers" to add free shipping to their listings as it will reduce their overall expenses, after all this is a "free stuff" website, not eBay....Now to the infrastructure, in our listings, we should be able to offer FREE SHIPPING/PAID SHIPPING but with an extra cost, credits being the currency for which the buyer/bidder will pay for shipping, but instead of paying in dollars shipping should be paid in credits! Why hasn't this already been put into place? Also some buyers within Listia are just looking to rip sellers off , claiming the item arrived broken/not as described/empty package costing us Listian "sellers" more than we bargained for, also when users need credits they can buy right off of Listia with paypal/credit card, this is useful but after a while the price of credits keeps inflating, if you Listia is reading this please consider changing your credit prices from cheap to expensive every 3-6 months to stimulate a healthy economical value. Trust me I studied economics.... Thanks!

ba5807
9/23/15

I've never left a review before in my life, but I just happened to Google Listia and saw the overwhelming number of negative reviews. My experience has been nothing like these and I've had dozens if not 100 or more transactions on the site.

Aside from a handful of disappointing experiences, which I think should be expected on any site like this, I've continually enjoyed the experience. Admins have been very helpful in the rare instances that I've needed them.

This is a unique concept that I feel is being managed quite effectively. Assuming these users pay attention to exchange rates to get a good idea of what to expect and only interact trusted users, I'm surprised to see so many one-star reviews.

I don't doubt the validity of anybody else's account, but I just wanted to provide my perspective as a consistently satisfied user.

cynthiad13
9/4/15

Please do not use Listia. I sent out so many items and did not get anything for them. When a few customers claimed they did not get their order before I could even get it to them, Listia took away my points for all of the items I was able to send out which was in the 100s. I ended up complaining to the BBB about them and still did not get any compensation for all of the products I sent out for free and spent tons of shipping costs on. In retaliation for me complaining about them they suspended my account. I lost at least 15000 points that I had earned. They encourage their customers to rip you off by allowing them to make untrue accusations against you. They are crooks and I would advise you to proceed with caution before you sign up with them.

kimberlyl22
8/29/15

I loved listia when I first started over a year ago. In the beginning you got nice things for a fraction of the cost. IT IS NOT FEE however. If you want credits to "buy" something you have to buy them OR sell something YOU PAID for or HANDMADE (time is money, the supplies cost money) Then you offer it and if you select the amount you think it is worth called a GIN price they soak you for a HUGE amount. If you take the chance and start low you could lose out your hiney. Then for people to bid you MUST offer FREE shipping which YOU PAY FOR. Most times YOU NEVER recoup the price of the item or the shipping money back in credits. NOW .... Listia does not do a reasonable GIN for their rewards store items instead they make you compete to get the item. No more saving for that nice item for a present or that you really wanted. You have to compete against those that use listia as a business. You will find businesses on there selling their items. Those that require you to pay for shipping do NOT make any credits if any on the items. It is a HUGE ripoff. I have 140,000 credits but it might as well be 1 because the inflation over the last several months in credits is OFF THE CHARTS that 140,000 credits cost me roughly 50 bucks in shipping. It is all a big joke.

billyy3
8/27/15

I HAVE BEEN A LISTIAN FOR OVER 4 YRS YEAH I HAVE SOLD WON AND LOST AUCTIONS ON LISTIA AND I LOVE IT THERE IS NO CREDIT TO CASH AMOUNT DUE TO IT IS WHAT A BUYER WANTS TO USE A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF CREDITS TO WIN CERTAIN AUCTIONS, SO ITS REALLY UP TO THE CONSUMER WHAT THEY USE OR DONT USE AND LISTIA HAS GONE UP IN CREDITS USE TO BE 5,00 WOULD GET U 2500 CREDITS AS OF NOW 5.00 CASH IF U BUY CREDITS GETS U NOW 17000! SURVEYS CAN BE BUMMERS BUT VIDEOS ALSWAYS SEEM TO GIVE U SMALL AMOUNT OF CREDITS WHICH DOES HELP WHEN NEEDED!, THEY IS THIS USER ON THERE THAT IS AWESOME, THE SELL LIKE YUGIOH CARDS AND JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE IN BETWEEN ITS LIKE ODDS N ENDS STUFF AND U CAN ALWAYS ASK QUESTIONS AND MAKE COMMENTS AND SELLER TRYIES THEIR BEST TO ANSWER THEM ALL HONESTLY AND BETS TO THEIR KNOWLEDGE. I HAVE EVEN DONE 8 TRADES WITH THEM AND THE SELLER IS ALWAYS HONEST AND HAVE SENT ALL TRADES TO ME AFTER THEY HAVE GOTTEN FROM ME (YEAH I SEND FIRST WAS WARY BUT SO HAPPY I HAVE DONE THAT) SELLER IS THE BEST ALSO I HAVE PAID CAHS AWAY FROM LISTIA VIA SELLER RUNNINGWOLF316 VIA PAYPAL FOR DECKS AND BOXES OF CARDS AND OLDER VALUED ITEMS AND THEY ALWAYS CAME THRU. I KNOW SOME SELLERS SCAM ON THERE FOR I HAVE HAD THAT HPPEN TO ME BUT I AM SO HAPPY TO KNOW SELLERS THAT OVER A TIME PEROID BECOMES BEST BUDDIES AND ARE TRUST WORTHY AND RESPECTABLE, LISTIA IS THE BEST DUE TO THESE GOOD GREAT SELLERS AND FOR ITEMS THAT ARE SOLD ON THERE. THANKS LISTIA FOR THOSE AWESOME AUCTIONS AND SELLERS!
A SELLER AND BUYER ALWAYS!

evelynm13
8/25/15

I was recommended through fb by many friends I do like the app because you can earn credits through surveys and buying I use PeanutLabs Surveys and im being really honest but I cannot afford to use 5$ on the app only because I am verry poor but I do love how the surveys you can do it and get credits especially right now because they are 1.5x more credits I earned 6.6k credits in a survey and now im bidding on a present for my mom I really like this app/website even though I use the app you guys should try it

chash25
8/24/15

Out of all my winnings i never received more than half.ppl will say they never got your auction when they did them tell admin that way they would get your auction and keep the credits
Yes its happen to me..its all bull$#*!

rikkig1
8/20/15

I'm a huge fan of Listia, I'm not living in LA LA land, I know some people/auctions are scams!! Read everything, ask questions and if you don't feel comfortable don't bid(simple)!! I've been on Listia for about 6 months, I have a 100% track record, and plan to keep it!! I only list NEW or slightly used items, and only bid on the same, I have had a couple of issues with buyers, but at the end of the day it's not worth it to argue with them, Listia is fun for me and I intended to keep it that way. :)

dennisb75
8/16/15

Many of their own rules they break and if you get nailed for paying for something you did not get, your loss, they will not help you at all.

lorig15
8/15/15

Lets see if this even gets posted!

I had joined Listia in Jan 2010 by Dec 2010 I had completed over 250 auctions with 75 buys.

I had well over 150,000 credits. Out of the 250 sells there were 3 bad reviews, only because the winners claimed they never received their items. Which I know not to be true, I had tracking invoices..

I had put up an auction for some high end jewelry, the starting bid was 5,000 credits well under a retail value on the items. The winning bidder won with a bid of 16,000 credits.

The items were shipped at my cost along w/insurance.

The next day after this winner received her items, she decided that she didn't want them and claimed one of the earrings was broken, and wanted her credits refunded. She filed a claim stating she received damaged items.

I never saw any photos from her showing the broken earring.

I was notified by Lisita's customer service staff informing me that her credits would be refunded, they weren't going to give me the opportunity to argue the matter.

I refused to allow that to happen so I disputed her claim with photos used on that very auction. Which took well over a week of harassment emails and post from the lying winner before Listia returned their decision on the matter.

*Note: Within that time, I had won several other auctions and spent 90% of my credits

So to make a long story short, I had to pay for return shipping, I was in the minus on any future credits earned and the witch who won the auction, never shipped back the jewelry.

Two weeks later I quit Listia, then I found that the winning witch of my auction had listed a auction of her own with my undamaged jewelry!

jenniferf40
8/14/15

I love it, but I get bummed when I waste my time on an offer and never get my credits. For instance, I spent 3 days trying to get 500 Swagbucks just so I could get some credits on Listia, and I never got them. Other than that happening, Listia is great and it is worth it.

joem148
8/11/15

You are buying/selling on there. Its not free and flag all the auctions you want. They wont be taken down even if what there selling is illegat(I have proof). The free thing always makes me laugh. Id love to see them say that in court. Ebay is cheaper and they dont steal from you. Most if not all the people that said they went back after there account being shut down and credits stolen work for listia. The surveys are a scam and youll never see the credits but the videos used to work(as of a few months ago). There is a class action thats in the works I read about but who know if that will ever get off the ground. I was pretty luck only 30k was stolen from me

steven1115
8/10/15

Well, let me start by saying this. I had an account with listia that had almost 4000 positive reviews, close to 15 neutrals (cant please everyone), 0 negatives. I was a good seller, helping make listia a trusted website. They blocked my account with nearly 400,000 credits and no telling how many pending. I probably had 700,000 credits in all. This was back when 800 to 1200 credits were equal to a dollar. Now its like 6000-8000 per dollar. Everything was going great. I sold uv movie codes with an occasional electronic here and there. I was redeeming credits for gift cards, games, etc from fellow users. Then one day I noticed they had a rewards store. Then you could use gin to buy items, now it is all normal auctions. I used some of my credits to get a 40 inch tv. Or so I thought, 2 days after redeeming credits on this listia rewards store item they blocked my account. I was pissed. When I purchased items from other sellers everything was ok. Now since I bought from their rewards store my account got blocked. Numerous emails and phone calls but they would not unblock nor give an adequate reason why.I was pissed. Basically I lost around $700 worth of credits with no explanation. This includes the codes I sent as well as the items I sent. At that time I would have left them a -10 feedback. This review would be full of choice words, ranting, grumbles, negativety, etc. !!!!!!!!!HOWEVER!!!!!!!, 2 months later I decided to give it one more shot. I had opened a tictail store that was not doing well. Actually, only one sale was made and they immediately after purchase disputed the purchase and got a refund. So, I went back to listia remembering the good sales their and the great users they had. Now, 2 years later, everything is going great again. Great users, a better listia team, nearly everything. The inflation went wild a few months back but has calmed down. This is around the time listia changed the rewards store to no gin (get it now), gave more credits per $1 in the buy credits store, start new users with more credits, etc. So again, now it is more like 6000 credits equals $1. The store lists at best 324,000 for $100. But that's not the perceived value. And, later I decided to give the rewards store another shot. This was when gin was still available. All I can say is WOW!!! I redeemed for a few tvs, game systems, a touchscreen radio for both my car and truck, games, touchscreen acer computer for the house, a very nice surround system for the man cave. I could go on and on. Yes, you will run into an occasional butthole, or a child who just signed up, etc. But here is the key. Listia moderators will always look into every dispute and decide a winner/loser. sometimes both are winners. At that time both keep the credits. If the buyer does not send you a verified address, do not send your item. Listia is very on point with this. Either the buyer verifies their address or you keep the credits without sending the item. Basically free credits for you. With 99% of what I list, no shipping is required. I send the code through listia messaging. So it does not matter to me about address verification. Do your research. Find some top sellers, I recommend those with 3000 or more positive reviews and ask questions. Most will help. The fasted way to earn credits is to first get verified. That's easy to do. Then list a few small items that are cheap to ship. Build your feedback to I would say at least a positive 10. List a few small gift cards. They earn the most credits and code nothing to send the info out. Then search around, there are a lot of great deals to be had!! Now, am I upset about my first listia experience? YES!! due to the fact they blocked my account for I feel no reason. But I also remember all the good as well. BUT!!!!!, you know for me to leave listia a 5star review after that, this site has to be really great. IT IS!!! But it is very important to DO YOUR RESEARCH. Find out as much as you can. Listia considers itself to be a free version of ebay in so many ways. I assume this is for tax purposes. For us, once you learn the ropes, it is more like a trade site. Only you are using your items to trade for credits which can then be traded for other items. Im a sports fan so I relate it to this.... the Atlanta Braves and New York Yankees want to make a trade. Most of the trade pieces are right. But the Braves need a quality pitcher and the Yankees want to keep all theirs. All other pieces are good. The Braves have a good backup shortstop they are willing to include. The Yankees are set at shortstop. So, here comes the Detroit Tigers who have a stockpile of pitching but needs a shortstop. So now its a 3 team trade with all 3 teams getting what they want/need. Baseball fans understand this. Listia is like the Detroit Tigers in this situation. The trade would not have gotten done without Detroit. Listia is the same way. Would you give me gift cards for movie codes if you are not into movie codes? NO. But if I had credits received from others for my movie codes, would you now give me the gift cards for these credits? YES. Because you can now use those credits for purchases you are into. DO YOUR RESEARCH!!! Nothing on this site is free, but you can trade whatnots around the house for credits which can be used to purchase different and bigger items or many smaller items. Hope this review helps.

erics101
8/8/15

This is the quote Tom gave "We do not have an actual credit-to-cash or cash-to-credit ratio as it is determined by the ever-changing dynamic marketplace and it will vary from category to category, and from listing to listing. As the marketplace credits fluctuate, so will the credits available for purchase. "
And this was copied and pasted off the Listia site
Current rate:
3,400 Credits / US$1
(as of Sep 2, 2015 at 5:02am)

That sure looks like a credit to cash ratio Tom. An you said " We do not have an actual credit-to-cash or cash-to-credit ratio" Looks like someone got caught in a lie. I even have a screen shot, and printed the page.

I also want to let everyone know the user auctiontech sells fake/counterfeit items. Listia was warned of the issue with some of his auctions and they did nothing! He is auctioning slabbed coins from bogus grading companies. BEWARE this user and BEWARE LISTIA! I will be adding more reviews with more users names. Someone needs to protect the users, and we sure know that Listia won't!

39 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Listia staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
5 days ago
Add your answer
1 week ago
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Listia staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

22 Photos for Listia