US Government's NSF

99 Reviews for Listia.com

▼ Sort by: recent

3/23/14

listia always tells lies

This auction :http://www.listia.com/auction/15796494-train-lovers-necklace-last-one-for-noworiginally I used 4255 and is leading on the lead (2067) then do you know what happened. listia removed my name saying that I got multiple accounts.

waht kind of service this page gives people, people can really think. when you nearly got any item it would suspend you, saying a lot of alibi and excuses, saying that it's your problem

actually IP thing. anyone with same first 3 digit in IP address are being spoken to be your multi account. does that person even my multi/fake account they did not investigate. but just catch all people same first 3 digit IP address first 3 digit, then saying all are one person.

what can we people speak except to warn people really do not use listia?

3/22/14

On this site for almost a year. After I accumulated 900,000 points my account was suspended for no valid reason PLUS I got scammed for a $50 Walmart card.
I paid the credits only to find no money on card. Listia ignored my emails. I reported them to Better Business Bureau (they keep changing their address) and police discovered they don't have a legitimate address or phone number. Could be operating from China , Police said!
This is just about the worst site on the internet so B E W A R E !!!

3/17/14

Listia scammed me after 3 years of use.
I signed up on Listia around August 2011. Amassing over 465 logins (465 days).
Today I wake up to the news of my account being suspended. Without any reasoning as to why.
I have 151 Feedback, most of them being positive, excluding the few that were noobs and were trying to scam me and get their credits back even though they got their prize.
Before being banned, I had about 71,000 credits built up from selling my old PS3 games. I planned on saving those credits in order to get a $75 or $100 amazon card.
Upon reading their email indicating I was suspended, they did not cite the reasoning behind their suspension. This leads me to believe they are full of $#*!. I have been legitimately using their website since signing up in 2011.
I only ran into a few issues with Admins/Moderators because of mistakenly categorizing some listings or just putting up an auction I didn't know wasn't permitted. Outside of that, I did nothing to further the suspension of my account.
This leads me to believe that Listia is using the Ban hammer just for the $#*! of it.
I have contacted them via support ticket with no answer.
I advise everyone to stay away from this website. It has been nothing but problems for me. All they do is try to limit their website, making it as $#*!ty as possible. Then they do stuff like this which leads me to to conclude that their 'support team' are underpaid morons who make a living off of scamming those who don't know better.
Stay away from these people.

3/16/14

There are sellers in listia who claim that people got banned and they relist or people keep giving unverified address and so they not send to them, is that the truth or something is behind?

Sellers should send their item in their auctions if auctions ended with winners (names shown) and those members should be able to get listia items from the auctions' sellers

if sellers use lots of reasons, "your address is not being verified I can not send to you" "you dont pay shipping fee I can not ship for free" "you are banned now I can not deliver my listia item to you because you can no longer feedback" , right? Familiar? because many of us must always face that, but why sellers speak that right?

BECAUSE THOSE SELLERS WHO SELL THOSE ITEMS IN LISTIA.COM MAY NOT HAVE THE ITEMS THEY LIST, YES THEY DONT WANT PEOPLE KNOW THEIR LIES, SO THEY CLAIM THAT YOU ARE INELIGIBLE TO GET THE ITEMS.

NORMALLY, ASK YOURSELF, IF YOU WERE THEM, IF YOU REALLY GOT THE ITEM, WHY NOT SEND, CORRECT?

THEY DONT HAVE THE ITEMS, THEY CAN'T EVEN SEND/SHIP THE ITEM TO YOU,

IF NOT THEY DONT HAVE THE ITEM, WHAT REASONS ELSE?

USE YOUR BRAINS TO THINK, YOU SHOULD FORGET SUCH BAD SELLERS, THERE ARE BETTER PEOPLE IN WORLD, DONT THINK OF THEM ANYMORE. BUT FOR PEOPLE'S SAKE, YES , REPORT THIS KIND OF BAD SELLERS. THEY DONT HAVE THE ITEM THAT THEY LIST, THIS IS "FAKE LISTING/FRAUDULENT LISTING (THEY DONT EVEN HAVE THE RELEVENT ITEMS IN THEIR AUCTIONS, THEY DONT HAVE THE ITEM SO NOT SHIP YOU)" AND MUST BE REPORTED PROMPTLY TO LISTIA ADMINS.

if sellers do that, yes the banned buyers / buyers can find listia staff for assistance.

Dishonest sellers list items they dont even have, but claim buyers banned, address unverified, and not send their items they auction in listia.com. prepare to meet very bad sellers in listia everybody
dishonest sellers who dont even have relevent items would claim buyers are banned, address unverified and not send your items. you get far less than what you won.
that is (i.e.) in listia, if you won 25 items in 25 auctions, right? you may only get 5 items in your hand or mail. yes scam.

I won over 100 auctions, I now only get 5 items. think how horrible.

3/10/14

Listia people please note one thing, listia staff can steal read people's mail and email in listia.com.

"TANSTAAFL"

To enjoy freebies in listia, you have to get ready to write in mail things that does not even violate listia rules. if your mail writes listia bad things yes you are suspended next.

bidding, too many people bid, when you put a bid that is highest that someone would bid over you at the last. I dont like it.

Privacy Risks - listia staff can read your mail messages. be very careful when you message listia people. try ask them to write in facebook or email address if you want to write bad things on listia

unwanted programs - ask peopel to paypal to get extra listia credits is enough to speak this

adult content - lingerie, bra, under, panties, sexy thong, condoms, pregnant items.

misleading claims - if someone have same shipping address we listia would see if the receiver are different person,
truth - 2 listia member with same shipping address even if different receivers, both listia account are suspended.

this is from my freinds and my real life experience in listia

listia a lot of people dislike must have reasons. nobody would want to hate something without reasons.

but listia misled people that if 2 account in listia use same shipping address they would check, but truth is they would suspend 2+ accounts with same house number already.

if you and other listia member have same shipping address, they would not give you any chance.

3/10/14

I hate people who cheat and tell lies, listia staff, stop being so fake hearted by saying your page is nice, I have a friend who got suspended on 3rd march 2014, he today cried that he was innocent when being banned.

listia dare to say that my friend have mistake so being banned.

We ordinary people who never work anytime for listia (even if work for listia, SORRY NO, work in listia must tell lies, why bother working there.) are the one who is telling the truth on listia

those who said listia is a great site, if you guys look carefully you will know what happen and what is wrong

yes all posts are listia employee doing

we dont need such decoration or circus act. we dont need to do any circus act.

being a banned listia member, let me tell people my banned reason

Same shipping address with listia (at least one member) member.

listia would not allow/tolerate 2 people or more people with same ship add even if your receiver are not the same person. they only judge by shipping address

I dont wanna work in listia. if working in listia must have to write fake words that LISTIA A NICE PAGE, I AM TOUCHED

my freind cried today. I think I wish to let people know listia would never care how long your membership is, they ban people as they wished.

so I would just tell people about how I think alright.

Listia has no heart, this page is a damn page. a damned page that must be banned from internet to avoid ruin people and give people mental loss

9 out of 10 people dislike this page.

do you know why

do you know that, when you sending mails in listia,com listia staff can read your messages. some banned people got hunted when they write LISTIA IS BAD PAGE on messages. or if you write things that speaks listia is bad page, you will be banned.

shipping address is a big reason why many were banned. 2 people or more with one address when you win items, you are banned.

the worst moments are, some moments, you won sellers items, listia ban you without let you write the shipping address. seller really guess that you left listia and forgo the item

yes listia is very harsh.

sometimes if you were banned, you even got no opportunity to check back the items you bidded, especially if you win great gorgeous items, but listia does not give you anymore chance to write shipping address but just perm ban you without any reasons.

even if a person is banned, let them write their final address before listia ban them I think it's not a harsh request. but listia, especially if you got banned, you can never have this chance.

I hate listia. I hate it.

listia, those who write listia good site, are all listia hired people or listia employee.

thank you very much for let me write this note.

3/10/14

Everyone in this page ,look those who write good feedback to listia. they are all listia employee

let's say hi to them and let's condemn how *** they are doing

the more unnecessary stuff they do on this page pretending that listia is good, the more we people must really underlook listia

listia can only do this kind of poor thing, SO DESPERATE SO CHEAP SO *** SO *** DAMNED site. listia is a serious damned site that being its employee must have to go around to pretend that listia is a good site that we are all laughing out loud towards listia staff

if listia staff is hired to write untrue fake *** on listia against majority's feelings, I would rather not work for listia

a person must live to write the truest feeling and the truest words from true heart, from real from inside, the truest

a person must be honest and speaking truth.

if hired in listia means that, if people so hate your page you have to write so many fake lies to "laugh towards people"

this kind of mission impossible, you do. I dont want

I prefer spread that listia is a damned site that its staff must have to do so fake to try to maintain its weak pride.

I prefer tell people listia is a bad damned site that must force staff to tell fake lies.

LOOK AT SCAM BOOK ON THE SAME POST, WITH THIS PAGE, LOVE THIS SITE. YES THE SAME FACE SAME LOOK, MEAN THAT ONLY LISTIA STAFF BEING SO UNNECESSARY AND SO FAKE

FAKE HEARTED POSTS, NOBODY WOULD EVEN BELIEVE OR CARE TO READ ANY.

I would not pollute myself with listia

go around scambook and many page which say listia is bad, u may get into some people (FEW) saying that "I think listia is nice page only peopel wrong so they got banned"

...they (who said that we got banned due to our mistakes) are actually listia staff

people go around, talking/spoken about BEING SO FAKE

we ordinary people can never win listia staff who post so fake words.

when they post once, people would trust them and got spooked inside. that they are good page (listia is good site)

but when same speech, same post show in so many pages, what kind and what quality of rubbish site listia.com is, I think I dont have to speak so many words.

the more we speak the more fake we will become. look how listia staff cover their real hearts and speak such fake words fake lies, I dont wanna be the same standard with listia.com staff

3/9/14

Listia does not tell people something hidden. I am a banned member. Reason was because my shipping address was same with at least one person in listia.

listia spoke that if you share same shipping they would at least pending to go check with pervious people to see who has same address with you, to see if you are all sending the same dude or not.

You may ask one thing, if a family has 2 people, same address would listia ban. right?

WOULD, THEY WOULD.

TWO LISTIA MEMBER SAME SHIPPING ADDRESS no matter USA or not USA. just need one person with same shipping address with YOU. or someone else used your address to ship item to you, when they won item. if you not know then you use. yes all people suspended.

Two listia members use identical street name identical house number, flat number, even if same receiver name or different name same surname, or even different surname. 2 people use same address are suspended immediately.

look at me, I am a live example.

others who stay in listia kept saying it must be people's mistake so they got banned. but I think, at least, when you at school, you not just only got one classmate or in your home, you dont live alone.

first , basically, at least, if without your mother, you won't exist in this world. right?

this is already 2 people. your mom and you. then your biological father who use sperm to born you out. this is already 3 people.

if they register with you in listia. listia would ban all people account this I think many people would try to avoid this. but that if these 3 people won item. write same shipping address YES listia would suspend all people without hearing your explanations.

but you know, you can't murder your parents due to this site only allow one shipping address on one listia member account

father and mother, are important than this fokker page. listia is a fokker site which we must try to fight off

you can't try to stay on page and kill your family members,

you can't try to stay on page (listia) and ignore / isolate your classmate and friends

you can't hate your people just because listia only allow one person one IP one account, only allow one address one person use.

if you ask me, yes it's truth and true and real that.....

2 people same shipping address, listia would ban both account

the more people have same shipping address yes the same problem in listia.

listia does not allow 2+ people have identical shipping address

many people , like me, died on SHIPPING ADDRESS VERIFICATION on listia

but we would not kill our family and freinds just because listia only allow one person use listia. or two people use listia. or only one person can put your shipping address.

each and every individual address (shippin/home/mail home address/residential address) can only be verified by one time, once, and if two plus people use.

even if receiver are 2 different people ,yes listia would suspend everyone

listia does not allow same shipping address on 2 listia people accounts

but I dont support people kill their family and friends just because listia only permit one person use one address.

listia should be killed off quickly to avoid ruining people by giving serious mental loss by suspending people quickly and suddenly

the sudden account suspension. gives people serious mental loss.

I would not give listia.com any paypal money on

3/6/14

I have 2 freinds to send items in real life, my freinds and I use this site. firstly, the credits are very few (only 3100 marks even when you have facebook linked) twitter usually no 100credits.

this is also why many people would want to have more marks by making accounts. listia marks if you play legally is actually very few.

and same IP can not use 2 listia.com account. library computers are all same IP. same online area, all online compu already all same IP, but different people use, does not mean that all are ONE DUDE together.

then. address verify $#*!.

address verify. listia set a rule that you can only ship to people that can give you a verified address in listia

but had you guys found out that.

same address/identical address can not be used on 2 listia accounts.

or else, listia would ban 2 acounts immediate wihtout verify your address!!!!!

yes this is what most listia people got banned for,

first, IP $#*!, then Address verify thing

which person does not have 2 or more freinds

if 2 freinds want to send item, no money, go listia, buy item to same person.

to get thru the addrress verify, most people have to write wrong numbers. then must mail seller.....oh correct one should be what waht what what what, not my given verified number.

how complex.

Listia is a serious RIP OFF and a SCAM

3/3/14

Most of the people who bid are scammers. I sent an item to someone who won the bid, watched as it was delivered by tracking, and they had the gall to try and say they did not get it.

Not only that, but "Everything is free!" is a crock. 98% of the items you have to pay shipping and handling, and most of the people charge an arm and leg. A five dollar necklace was free, yes, but the shipping and handling was $14.95. They lived one state over. I mean c'mon!? That's more than the necklace itself was worth on Amazon! Not only that, but you have to pay for more credits if you are one of the people that has nothing to list. You get 700 credits for listing an auction, but if you don't have anything extra to give, say bye bye to those credits unless you want to pay.

Honestly, you'd be better off just avoiding this site. The items with no shipping and handling are crap anyway, and that's if you even win the bid. I've seen bids get up pretty high. Listia....totally not worth it.

2/20/14

I was really enjoying this site for a couple of months, really liked sending and receiving things from all over the world. Very user friendly. Unfortunately, my account was suspended for reasons that were not true. They said that I was bidding on my own auctions to "funnel" credits. This came about because my son bid on one of my auctions to win something for his girlfriend for Valentine's Day. He has his own account, that he was logged into from his own phone. They said that we had the same IP address. There is no way in the world that this is true. There is something seriously wrong with their system that would allow them to think that.
It is not a scam or a rip off site, but they have problems that still need to be worked out. So do not get too involved, sending your goodies all over the world because if they shut off your account, you lose everything.

2/19/14

Great so far. I did notice some of the negative feedback. In fairness if someone does not read the description or the shipping terms and ends up with something THEY misunderstood, that is not Listia's fault. If shipping says "digital" than it is a email not an actual item. Also, selling certain gift cards and getting suspended is also the users fault for not reading the terms and conditions. If a bidder does not receive what was stated credits will be returned. Important to READ and not get angry at a site for a personal mistake.

2/19/14

First of all, the stupid website suspended my account for no reason. I had nothing but good feedback from buyers and sellers and I have never made a rude comment or done anything to get my account suspended. They did this right after I had spent $20 buying Listia credits which leads me to believe that Listia scammed me for my money. Also, they tell you that you can get good stuff for free, but trust me, its not free. You have to pay shipping and handling at least 80% of the time and the people charge you an arm and a leg for it! I will not be returning to Listia because I would not be at all surprised if they suspended me again for no apparent reason.

2/11/14

OMGosh-How can anyone whose intelligence quotia is at least part of the overall bell curve pass up an EASY WAY to turn junk into $$$$??
I have honestly flipped hundreds of designer items (most New w tags) that I have won on the site, for serious cash!! There is no Thrift store/consignment shop in the universe that carries the amount of items and variety that Listia does...or that gives you the opportunity to swap your stuff right out of your house for credits to get gift cards (just like cash as they can also be flipped and sold).
Im here to tell you...if you haven't figured out yet how to make Listia work for you, and pay your rent.....well then you don't deserve to get the goodies!! LOL Not that hard to figure out!!
Hands down, easiest way to make money and w/No taxation whew hoo!

2/5/14

I have been with Listia since December of 2013 ,I don't agree with all the rules that listia has like auctioning off digital items such as a picture of a ps3 .Who wants a picture of a ps3 when they are selling things to get credits to buy stuff and then find out its a only a picture....Ya that made me angry although I never fell for that a lot of people did.I have gotten a lot of cool items on here like eos chapstick and a new wallet and purse and all sorts of awesome things but I have also auctioned off a lot of items and have spent nearly$ 300.00 on shipping my items out to winners,so overall im not sure if I am winning or losing.I have expressed my concerns to listia and never really received a response only a listia administrator saying my issue was solved!!! Although I have always been granted my credits back when someone did not wanna send the item I won!!

2/3/14

This stupid website suspended my account right after i had just spent 50 real american currency dollars to get credit and they wont give me a refund

2/2/14

In addition to all the feedback here i went a bit further and typed in Listia Better business bureau and you can see the complaints here

And more complaints http://www.pissedconsumer.com/reviews-by-company/listia.html

I have just sent in a request for them to cancel my account!

1/18/14

I have tried to contact them several times, always get "generic email" which is no help. Purchased credits at another site and filled their requirements to get more credits with Listia but never got credits. Back and forth and back and forth. This site is a bunch of crap, never get any help just run around. Don't join this site, it's more nightmares than anything. They don't care about their members at all!!!!!!

1/9/14

After almost 1 year selling stuff (steam games and others) for almost 357.000 credits (stuff what i bought myself with cheap deals from amazon and resell on listia for credits) so one day i tried to bid on a xbox 360 fulfiled by bestbuy everything was fine,i bided order placed,next day when i loged in "your account has been suspended" i send e-mail i got replayh in 36 day's with a copy paste from rules like my refferals bided on me to increae my auction and i bid on them to get bonus credits,belive me,i reffered like 752 people because im part of a HUGE steam group and like i sell steam keys for sure someone of my refferals bided on me,most of them got 2000 bonus credits and bid them all on my cheap auiction,but i never bid on refferals because i was afraid of this supension,now my points and work for a year is gone,my xbox order have been canceled

FACK YOU LISTIA!

STAY AWAY OF THIS BOUNCH OF LISTIA MONKEY ADMINS,just some oportunist jew's! THEY MUST BE EXECUTED or LIFE TORTURE!

12/31/13

I've done eBay, tried Yardsellr and finally discovered Listia one day about 3 years ago.. I've been getting rid of stuff (and getting AWESOME things in return) ever since!! Love that there are no fees like ebay.. and since they've grown there is now a LOT more traffic. I'm finding Auctions just do better here than other sites and this year I got ALL my Christmas gifts from Listia! I've never had any major issues and if I ever run across a problem, there's always the Listia Assurance policy. Great site!

12/24/13

I have sold many of used toys, cds, books on Listia. It amazes me that everything I listed was sold, including even a Chinese movie, an artist graphics biography, a kid poetry book. The site is definitely easy and rewarding to use. I was able to buy new race car toy, some used puzzles and books for my kids before the Christmas.
I trust Listia, as if I don't get item auctioned, I would get my credits back through Listia moderators. Overall, I love this site.

12/21/13

Too many ppl dispute for every little thing. I have used listia for 3 months now and I always ship my items free. It's supposed to be a free website. Then why would someone want to charge 6 dollars for shipping a wallet?? I tried refunding it and didn't get my credits back, didn't get the wallet and brittneyshott gave me a negative rating. This website's a joke....

12/20/13

stole 44,000 credits after i tried to list a 100 dollar amazon gift card and was to mail it to the winner so he could open it for christmas and then he started demanding i send right away via email and when i told him no i was mailing via snailmail so he could get it like a christmas present and pysicaly open it a moderator sent me a abrubt message saying he gets his creds which is compleatly wrong and not to their policy. they break their own rules why should they be trusted to not break yours?

12/19/13

Lots of junk. People list their used items and free samples with hopes of trading them into something better! I've been a member for about 4 months now and found a few good items but you need to search diligently through the listings and figure out if your actually paying more for the item with your credits than you would be paying with actual money. Had great hopes for this sight but all in all really disappointed.

12/18/13

I really enjoy Listia. It reminds me of the way ebay used to be, which means dealing with individual sellers. Most of the complaints here seem to be solved by "buyer beware" - if you buy from a seller with a low rating, well, you know what you are getting into. I've won brand new Urban Decay makeup (on Listia) and a ton of new unique and vintage jewelry. I love it! Things I didn't want and would have thrown out have been transformed into Jewelry and I didn't pay anything to make it happen. I only bid on things with free shipping. I spend a lot of time on there and always have fun searching for ending soonest

12/12/13

I have been a member for almost 2 years . I have won some great items and given away many great items. There are always bad apples that spoil things , but you have to be smart and read the listings and comments . I have had a couple of bad sellers not follow through , but you get that on any auction site. Ebay has scammers and fraudulent sellers as well. Most often the ones who complain are the ones who were suspended for violation the rules, *They are sent an email with the reason for suspension . I love Listia and will continue to be on there offering my items and winning more great things.

12/7/13

never respond to member support tickets, they just close them and ignore you...
if you do complain, they make you wait several hours if not days before letting your auction complete.
horrible customer service

11/22/13

I thought, at first, this website was such a wonderful concept. If every item you bid on is free shipping, then it truly is "free" bc you never exchange currency. Now, the problem I've had so far, I am new to the site, I had the 3,000 credits so thought ok, I'll bid on some stuff. I won altogether a scarf, nothing fancy and was free shipping, that was over a week ago and only heard from the girl one time who said shed ship it on the 15-20th. I have messaged her to see if she ever shipped it bc majority of my credits were spent on that scarf, no answer. I have filed a request for return of my credits which listia said the seller has five days to respond or ill win.
The second item was a nose stud, free shipping, the girl messaged and said she shipped it out yesterday which was just two days after I won so we will see how that goes.
The third was a makeup brush from elf. Shipping is not free it's $2.00 flat rate shipping, however, since I have won yesterday morning, no response from the seller and I've messaged her a few times. How am I suppose to pay the shipping cost if she will not give me the info. The longer it takes her to give me the info the longer it'll take me to send the money the longer it'll take to get it, if I actually do get it at all!
So with my experiences thus far I'm feeling like this site may be junk! If all of the sudden my items arrive or the sellers apologize, two of them not the one who did respond, and we get it straight then ill continue using listia! I think there should be a certain response time, not seven days, just for the seller/buyer they have 24 hrs to message the seller/winner and let them know its official. Idk but so far 2/3 auctions are successful for me, if I loose out on the elf brush I won as well, I'm not listing anything, like I had planned before, I'll quit this site!

11/19/13

I have been a member of Listia for about 3yrs now, and like it very much. I would say the down side is that they let all these "from China" things in, and it totally clogs up the site. I usually bid on low/no shipping things, and have been pleased with what I received the majority of the time. One of thew main things I bid on are baby clothes, and they have all been in awesome or new condition.

11/13/13

I do not recommend listia at all. I've been an on and off member of listia for about 3 years. I have not had many problems until recently, when a buyer filed a dispute claiming she only revieved one of the two items I was auctioning (bracelet and earrings). Why in the world would I want to keep any of the items I am auctioning?? Isn't that the point why I am auctioning them?? I even went through the process of wrapping them up in pretty tissue paper and making sure they were nice and proper, because that's the type of tidy person I am. She (the buyer) wrote "So I received an envelope today wrapped in purple paper...when I opened it only the bracelet was inside....I though it was earrings as well"

I can tell she was lying. You don't put "..." if this is a proper dispute. It clearly shows she is trying to make informal business. This made me very angry, becaues I know for sure I put the earrings and bracelet together before wrapping it. I wanted everything to be perfect. This lady was a lying scammer and she should be banned. After this experience, I do not wish to continue business with Listia any further.

11/12/13

Ok, So I have been using Listia for 16 days now. YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL on this site. If I had to describe it, It's like the gangland / crack house of auction sites. Everyone who says bottom of barrel is dead on. It's scary even being on it. I have run into some very suspicious activity where I am absolutely certain it's criminal activity. I have seen brand new (expensive pieces and tons I mean tons of it from a single auctioneer) listed and bidders are bidding on it paying outrageous prices in shipping fees. I am certain that this is theft traded online. Listia has a rule policy that lists a max ship price on certain items. A LOT of auctioneers are way over the ship policy. There is no good way to report violations and real violators get ignored and aren't held to standards. It's a funny place to be, on one hand you want to go and post stuff because you can and people bid on it like swarms of zombie eating their fresh kill. On the other hand, you almost have this weird anxiety that someone is going to phish your computer information and you will win an auction from someone who will extort money from you and then tie you up and torture you. I say, be careful. If you have a red flag? Go with your gut. It's probably absolutely right. TIP: If you are an auctioneer, go ahead and list your costs for shipping and provide pick up as an option (recommendation, do the swap in a public location - try to avoid the shadiness) this way you wont feel like you are paying someone to take your stuff. Stay Legit, make sure if you post ship fees its because you are recovering the cost, not trying to cash profit. Good luck! PS- I am in love with the barter concept for points. But I did do the dollar per point value conversion and came up with an approx. figure that about every 400 points is worth a dollar. This might help you if you are going after gift cards. So far I have found that I have spent way too much in free shipping fees which is why I urge you to post and re-coop your costs. I would also like to mention, that I have in fact met some very honest and lovely people. Just be careful, be instinctual.

11/8/13

slowest login l have ever seen l sit for hours trying to log in to this site l have started the down load and while it was downloading l took a shower and when l was done checked the computer and it was still downloading so far it has been over an hour
l would not recommend this site to any one

11/8/13

The site is pretty fun, at first. But i started on facebook, and it kept screwing up and not working, and after several messages to the customer support team about it, all of which went unanswered, i just made a new account. But because I messaged them explaining what happened when it wouldnt let me verify my address because it was under 2 accounts, they deleted my account, said they never got my messages, and then ignored me and said i was $#*! outta luck. it was horrible, and a waste of time, and the amount of scams on the site is paramount. Dont waste your time.

11/8/13

As with any site, there are going to be negative and positive aspects. I personally have had a good experience using Listia. I got a good amount of credits when I started my Listia account because they give you 500 credits and because I signed up through a Facebook friend's referral link which gave me bonus credits. I did some surveys online and got credits, and have listed items (small items that don't cost much to ship).

I try to only bid on items with no shipping or very little shipping. I have gotten rolls of duct tape for my daughter, Betsey Johnson jewelry, make-up, etc. I got all of these things for free. Luckily I work a desk job and can lurk my watchlist while I'm working and pounce on items last minute when there's only seconds to go and win things for a reasonable amount of credits.

I wouldn't list big items I want to get rid of as shipping for those things wouldn't be worth it for me and like other people have stated, most people don't bid on auctions that require payment for shipping. I list jewelry, single clothing items, etc.

The only thing that upset me and discouraged me from Listia was their feedback system. I ordered some Betsey Johnson items from someone who claimed it was authentic. Out of the whole lot of 6 items (that I got fairly cheap) I had a few items that I didn't particularly see as my style so I relisted them. I ended up getting bad feedback (both items purchased from the same person) because she said they were fake. Even though I assured her I did not know the items were fake (I really didn't, they looked legit to me) and I gave her back her credits and $2 shipping, she still ruined my reputation over it and I definitely didn't deserve it. I should have disputed it but I didn't realize all this would happen. I'm still working up to at least have enough items listed that I can get a 99% feedback rating. But I wonder how this woman posting fake Betsey (she has hundreds of items on two different accounts and I know other people have told me that they were fake after the fact) has a 100% feedback... makes no sense! Oh well.......

If you're careful, Listia can be an awesome site. I'm a bit addicted myself :)

11/7/13

STAY AWAY AS FAR AS POSSIBLE. THEY DESERVE NO STARS. They allow the bottom of the barrel to sell or auction off their stuff and the company has only !4 in their staff to so call regulate these people who cannot go places like Ebay or Etsy because they don't qualify. I have paid over 1000 dollars in fees, shipping and even a caregiver when I was sick to take care of what becomes a full time business and you don't really get paid for it. AUCTIONERS AND BUYERS BEWARE

11/5/13

been on the site for just short of a year... didn't do much the first several months, busted my butt for two of it and just visited it occasionally in recent months. Ok site... NOW, I have about 1/2 million credits on my account for selling things, yesterday - with no warning, or otherwise, got an email saying my account was suspended permanently! They are not responding to tweets, emails or posts on FB or their blog.

so they have in essence stolen 465,000 credits, at a redemption value in their rewards store of 1000/1 ... $465+

BBB complaint and lawyer is next... they need to be shut down PERIOD... it's not the first time they've stolen from me, not to mention the `1000s of credits never gotten for doing surveys, offers, etc.

10/29/13

They want you to ship for free and give you a bonus 15 points? 15 points doesn't cover the cost of shipping! You're dealing with people who feel entitled on this site. You know the type who live off the government it's just that somebody has given them their very own "Ebay"
If you do add a shipping charge then you are bombarded by the low lives who want everything for free demanding how dare you charge shipping! Then your comments are full of Free shipping......I would bid if it were free shipping...who are you to come here and charge shipping...and on and on.
Most can't or don't read the ads. If you put in your ad "The only one I have"
your comments are full of do you have more of these? When will you have more of these? It's like dealing with illiterate hobos. It is a site that you cannot take seriously because it's full of imbeciles and run by imbeciles.
You also have beggars leaving comments on your comment page poor mouthing oh if only I had the points I have a niece, neighbor, friend who is down and out and could really use this but alas I failed to score enough credits and I can't afford the shipping charge LMAO!
Then you'll get messages from beggars giving you their hard life story and why they can't pay for something that they want or need that you have on auction
The beggars pull out every con to get it for free. And if that isn't bad enough they have the nerve to request free shipping but you check their listing and yes you guessed it they charge shipping. The site is a joke in itself. Junky people listing junky stuff. If you like junk then you'll love this site. If you have impeccable taste then I suggest you go elsewhere.

10/27/13

I have only been on the site for a month or so and so far have had horrible experiences! I have won four auctions and have yet to receive one of the items I won. I spent money to buy my husband Christmas gifts (all from the same seller) and it took too long for me to figure out that the seller was a fraud, so now I can't get back the money I spent to buy the credits. I sat at my kitchen table crying my eyes out because I spent all but $10 of the money I had allotted for him for Christmas. Customer service just responded with an automated email. I have credits, but am so afraid to use them now because of these horrible experiences

10/27/13

This site is a Rip off. I purchased credits from the site, bid on an auction. I won. Then out of the blue they canceled my account and I got neither what I won nor my money back. Repeated e-mails to them have went unanswered and I still do not know why my account was canceled.

10/14/13

So right off the bat it says you will get free stuff.You have to pay for credits.I payed 50 dollars to get a 49ers card for my friend's birthday..I was supposed to get it four months ago!I emailed the auctioneer,and he has said nothing.That was 3 and 1/2 months ago.Saty away from this site,it's a joke.Don't waste your money,time,or life on this stupid website.

10/13/13

SO MANY REVIEWS HERE COMPLAINING ABOUT LISTIA and its unfair judgment of accepted/removed listings, scams, rip-offs, user suspension, listings bid on disappearing, seller option to back out of sell after sold, and other complaints not worth mentioning because I believe the review in itself reveals the user is only sore because the result (in their "devastating situation") was not in their favor or "worse", made them feel stupid, cornered in their eleventh hour to strike back if even only in a site review...site. Listia is a grand way to collect items you want, found or need, also great for getting rid of stuff you don't want, use, or care to hold onto but still don't have the will to throw it out or donate to a thrift store. I completely believe in what Listia stands for, because it IS honest and rewarding. Its like an internationally massive thrift store but better because it has hardly used or brand new, top quality items for free! I'm so disgusted to go to ANY local thrift location anymore, browsing items you know was dumped behind a building like trash, sorry..."donated". The one that donates it leaves with nothing but a short lived sense of charity and good deed, the one that buys it leaves with far less money in their pocket and more than slightly used stuff, while the store makes nothing but sheer profit...and Listia is the evil one? Listia takes the vision of this and gives it a pulse. Families that have needs or desires are no longer restricted to their spending budget, no longer do they have to compromise their happiness to their income. No money is not happiness, but lack of flexible funds can be depressing. It's not just people with limited spending, it's people that like to save or get ahead, that like variety or specifics, people that enjoy giving, but not to a profit guzzling dumpster. If you don't agree with items accepted for listing, tough, go make your own free stuff website, or if you're listings were removed or you were suspended...read your own review (some still won't see it) because most are obvious in why you were pushed away. Trying to challenge the authority of a website you have the PRIVILEDGE in using, making childish threats to harass other users, or creating listings that clearly only serve the purpose of your own offensive ideals or opinions, is a good way to get removed from any respectable site. Yes there are people out to scam, but they are not just on Listia come on now. Do you buy a car without making sure it's a good move? Would you rent a house without knowing who owns it? If a stranger offered you a seemingly out the box flawless Galaxy 4 on the street for $80, would you buy it? If you're buying an item, know what your buying, ask questions, don't loosely extend your trust, and you'll walk out with the same strut you came in with...smiling. As far as rip-offs go, no one can rob you, if someone got ahold of what's yours, it's because you gave them the opportunity to, you had to open that door for them to step in. Would you give an employee their paycheck before they put in their hours of service? Would you service an employer if they did not prove gaurantee of payment? The market world works the same way. If you lack common sense, shop Walmart, you don't belong in the shopping web. Lastly if a listing disappears that you bid on or even won, that's the sellers choice to recall, no amount of your credits gives you the right to dictate the seller's final decision, that's why in the end they are granted that option. At times, that can be beneficial to the buyer as well, they too can back out and after 3 days claim their credits back. Wow, this can all be achieved without a site moderator getting involved, saving time and grief, and allowing freedom in transaction...Listia how could you! Terminated transactions only result in both users having what they started with, nothing lost, there's not even spilled milk to cry about it's still in the fridge. Continue with your negative reviews though, I rather enjoy reading them because it's not the site you're making look bad. Besides, only folk alike will sympathize your complaints and run, which means Listia will be a little less riddled with users that don't know what they're doing, nor appreciate opportunity created by community wealth.

Yours Truly,
A Scavenging Listian

10/10/13

Horrible they scam you constantly this woman named freshpeachez23 buys things from the dollar tree and sells them over priced!!!!!!!! For the teeny bit of points u get when you first start out! More than a few people are doing this!! DESPICABLE!!!!

Example : http://www.listia.com/profile/2536632

10/7/13

At first I was drawn in, lots of neat things in the auctions. I couldn't bid on a lot of them though because I didn't have a Listia approved address. Then I had trouble registering my address. I sent numerous e-mails to them without response and then I get a message in e-mail that they had suspended my account because I have dupllicate addresses. I had spent a lot of time watching auctions that I was interested in, and I feel they wasted my time. I will NOT be using them, and I will be encouraging all of my friends not to as well. I will stick with Ebay, Craigslist, or a more reputable company.

10/7/13

I am just here to tell everything that the bad experiences are from their own mistakes. You must do your research before you bid to make sure that you are bidding on a legit item that you will receive. Contact the winners of their previous auctions to confirm that they will ship to you.

I won a 3,300 credit bid for 6 games on a Thursday morning. By Saturday, it was already shipped out. By the following Thursday, the games were in my possession and all worked as stated.

The only bad experience I had was all of the auctions that were stolen right out from under me when someone bid higher than me right before it ended.

As for the cost of shipping, only look for Free Shipping auctions to get the best deals. This minimizes the shipping troubles. It also allows sellers to send stuff completely free since you can ship most of the stuff on Listia for free anyway through USPS.

10/6/13

After seeing all the listings of recipes, wallpapers and other information found free on any search *google, yahoo ect* I decided to make my own listing of information titled "list of all obamas lies". My auction was removed and i got a warning email. So i replied saying that if thats the way it was, i was going to go to peoples recipe auctions and post the link of the site they attained it from. They are taking advantage of people who dont know much about the internet, and selling free info. But apparently thats allowed, but selling information that you have to gather and prepare yourself isnt? These people even use the stock photo images from sites like food network in order to represent this stolen info. I have decided to fight this, and am currently in a message battle with a mod over it. Here is the convo as yet:

Non-genuine auction was removed

Hello Taryngiro,

This message is to inform you that a listing warning has been applied to your account for listing fake and/or junk items that were recently removed. A junk auction is one that doesn't appear to be for a physical item and is missing pertinent info about the item. As mentioned in our Rules page (http://www.listia.com/rules), we reserve the right to delete listings that appear to be illegal, fake, fraudulent, misleading, and incomplete or duplicates at our discretion. We also reserve the right to delete any listings that we deem inappropriate for Listia without notice or explanation.

Please note that this is a one-time courtesy warning and any future incident will result in additional actions taken on your account, up to and including a permanent suspension. Thanks for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

- The Listia Moderation Team

My first response: "Oh but people can list recipes they find on google? I guess im just gonna go to everyones recipe and post the link where they got it in the comments."

Moderator Bellas reply: "Should you chose to do that, it will be forwarded to an administrator and we will take further action upon your account."

My next response: "So much for america, freedom of information. How is it not against the rules to post recipes? It is just information, and what my auction was, was information as well. I read the rules, and posting links where they STOLE recipes from food network and other sites isnt against them."

I replied again right after with a excerpt of their rules: " Links, References or Solicitations to Outside Sites, Companies, Organizations, Groups, Newsletters or Mailing Lists Any links, URLs, usernames, or references to the above in your listing title, description or other fields are prohibited Exceptions: links provided purely for clarification or further description of the item listed (ie, not to a store or business) or trustworthy charitable organizations "

"That is the closest rule, but it applies to people who list items, not people who are potential buyers who comment on listings. Not trying to battle you, i just dont like discrimination, Im sure you are an obama supporter is why my auction was removed. I see people posting wallpaper pictures, recipes and other information that can easily be attained using a google search. I find this to be taking advantage of people who are not internet savvy, and are selling what is essentially free. Im a law major so, even if you forward all this to an admin, i have not broken any rules as of yet."

And that is where it is at so far, if anything is done to my account *suspension/termination or restriction of any access* I will be threatening legal charges of discrimination and reporting them to the better business bureau. I could really care less about the site, i plan on giving my credits away and leaving anyways, but i dont stand for hypocrisy or injustice.

9/26/13

The site is a rip off. You get free credits for signing up with your Facebook account. If you win a FREE AUCTION, and the Listia Seller doesn't think he/she made enough CREDITS on your winning auction bid, it will just DISAPPEAR like it NEVER HAPPENED. I've wasted 2 days bidding on 2 auctions, won them, just to have the item and my winning bid, disappear like it never happened.
Case in point. Check this Seller out.
satterlundsa (9) 100%

Total Auctions listed: 76
Total Auctions completed: 27

Total Auctions w/ winner: 26

Feedback received: 9

76 auctions listed, 27 completed. 9 positive feed backs!
Pity the folks that are bidding on her CURRENT 49 auctions!

This is NOT eBAY!

I bid and won on one of her items today. Then the item, me, and my bid, totally disappeared from off of Listia. I guess because I won the bid TOO LOW! And, there is NO PLACE to COMPLAIN to LISTIA!! Where do I Bi-ch to Listia about this "Seller"?
Thank GOD I didn't BUY extra Listia credits (Visa, Mastercard, PayPal) to figure this out!

9/26/13

This site allows users to scam credits and threaten other users!! They DO NOT Follow their own rules! This site is a complete SCAM!!!! BEWARE!!! BEWARE!!!
IF yo do decide to trust them watch out for this user:
http://www.listia.com/profile/2604444 (Darlene Lopez aka darlenqts)
Very hateful person!!! She will lie and use you shipping address to threaten your family and she will steal your credits!!! SCAMMER!!!'

9/18/13

I have to give Listia.com a bad review, because they are basically ripping people off, myself included, when you fill out their sponsor offers for free credits. I literally spent hours yesterday filling out forms from TrialPay, Peanut Labs, and watching videos from RadiumOne, Virool, and TrialPay. I watched at least three videos, and filled out multiple forms, and have not received any free credits. I sent in a support ticket and this is the lousy message I received back from Listia:
I’m very sorry that you've not received the credits for the offer you completed, and I'll do my best to help you get the credits you deserve as fast as possible. As much as I would like to solve your problem right away for you, this situation is out of the control of Listia directly, so please contact the company that posted the offer that you completed. Their offers are displayed on our site via a "window" so to speak. I will do my best to help you get to the bottom of this, but unfortunately, there's only so much I can do.

The first step is to visit the page: www.listia.com/account/buy_credits

This page displays the four companies that supply the special offers for Listia: Trialpay, PeanutLabs, RadiumOne, Paymentwall. To view any offers you have completed, or started but not yet completed, you can view those by a help link in the top right of each company’s tab. Not all of the links state “help”...some might say “support” or “missing credits” depending on the company. Once you locate the company that hosted the offer that you completed, you can contact them to find out why there is an issue with your offer. Once the company tells us the offer has been completed successfully, our automated system automatically puts the credits into your account.

I’m sorry I couldn’t personally solve your problem, but I hope I was able to provide the steps needed to get your missing credits. Please rate my response so that we can continue improving our support to you...it takes less than 5 seconds and it means a lot to us.
Click here if Satisfied - https://help.listia.com/requests/357347/satisfaction/new/09LnpNVak0jKqMsDdFsw2zIw2?locale=1#/satisfaction/new/good
Click here if Unsatisfied - https://help.listia.com/requests/357347/satisfaction/new/09LnpNVak0jKqMsDdFsw2zIw2?locale=1#/satisfaction/new/poor
If you’re not happy with my response please reply back to me so that I can help you further. (help.listia.com/tickets/357347)

I’d like your experience on Listia to be the most amount of fun you can have online! Please let me know if I can make your experience any better!

Ta ta for now,
ListiaJane
Listia Customer Support Team

9/16/13

I've been using this site for about a year. I have sold and "bought" many items on it and overall, I've been very happy with it. I have sold clothes and crafting supplies. In return, I have bought old coins, clothing, and sports memorabilia. Since everything I have bought and sold has relatively low value, compared to a laptop or cell phone, there's little risk and cheap shipping.

Apprentice Reviewer
8/26/13

I have been a member of Listia for 3 years, and I have to say that this site is honestly just 'alright'. I have to admit that I sell more on here than on eBay, but it's full of bunch of idiots that do not read the description. Mainly because I charge for shipping and I am later messaged by the bidder to cancel their bid because they were too stupid to read the description when the shipping costs are RIGHT THERE.

I usually just sell cheap items there and charge for shipping so I don't lose profit and I'm able to get by; making at least $2 of profit from every item I sell. I don't recommend selling expensive stuff here because you will NOT get your money's worth. They use "credits" as their currency in listia, but don't be fooled. 1000 credits is only equivalent to $1. And they charge you like $40 to buy 16,000 credits ($16 worth of money in their website). RIP OFF.

There are quite some nice stuff I find there though, not a lot of junk, pretty good stuff, but nothing amazing.

If you plan to join this website to get REAL money, good luck! They take down lots of auctions that exceed shipping so you don't make REAL profit from your stuff.

I have been able to get under the radar for now (unlike before), so as long as you don't exceed $10 for shipping or if you can fake that you're from another country to charge for more shipping, you're good. But I don't really recommend this website if you want to make a big profit.

Unless you're really generous and want to donate your stuff, go ahead! They'll be happy to take your stuff!

The people from there only want free shipping, it's a bit annoying to deal with those people.

But despite their faults, I haven't run into major problems with them, and I have sold a ton of stuff here for a tiny bit of profit. However, if you're into making huge profit, I would consider looking elsewhere.

About Listia