US Government's NSF

291 Broadway, Suite 803
New York, NY 10007, USA
Tel: 1-800-237-3901
iyogicare@iyogi.com
Fastest iYogi complaint resolution available here.
Contact Us

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

lindaj13

I am an old woman and I have very little computer knowledge. (in 56 reviews)

lesterc1

When the so-called "gurus" at one of my ISPs (also my DSL provider) could not reslove my problem, they sent me to iYogi. (in 52 reviews)

douglass2

On the other hand their technical support service is definitely 5 stars. (in 53 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

josephg38
3/28/15

My experience with iyogi was as I expected. Every time I have a panic moment with my (lifeline) laptop, iyogi comes to the rescue. Professional, knowledgeable, polite technicians always make you feel at ease and remain calm and courteous throughout the whole experience regardless of how long it takes to solve the problem. I tip my hat to the iyogi staff, specially the technical geniuses! When ever my laptop gets an attitude, all I do is contact iyogi.....and problems are solved!

violetk2
3/28/15

My experience with iYogi has been wonderful. When ever a problem has come up they were there to get it fixed in no time at all. There has never been a long wait to talk with their techs. they are all very pleasant and helpful. I would strongly recommend this to everyone thats looking for an anti virus protection.

nancym60
3/27/15

I have been a long time member client of iYogi computer for on-line computer service since 2010. Understanding the broken English was certainly a challenge; however, as time passed I began to listen with more effort and the English became much improved with time. My problem was always solved. Time required was frustrating at times, but this too improved as time passed. I felt I would always get my requested task finished and that was accomplished.. Over all I have no complaints. Thank you.

stepheng35
3/27/15

almost100 % of the time my problems get fixed quickly.........it sure makes my life much easier .......and you can't ask much more then that.

mikem242
3/27/15

IYogi has provided me with great technical support for a number of years. They have been very effective in resolving my technical problems a number of times. Whether it takes just a few minutes or a couple hours they are through and persistent to address my computer issues.

howardg21
3/27/15

I was having a problem with software and Yogi was able to fix my problem. I also had other problems with my computer and Yogi was able to fix all of my problems .

barbarak29
3/26/15

I have subscribed to iYogi for a year now, just renewing, and can say it has been a life saver at times. One time I called as I could not get my laptop to cooperate with what I wanted it to do and although it took 4 hours to fix, it saved me days without my computer if I had to take it to a shop to be fixed. The iYogi techs are very thorough and very helpful to say the least. Kudos to all the techs! I use it daily on little things and monthly on bigger problems. Great bargain for the price!

sandraw40
3/26/15

IYogi has never let me down. The techs always come thru repairing my computer. This includes downloading software to help keep my computer secure. IYogi NEVER Disappoints. It is so easy & convenient to use IYogi!
Simplify your life use IYogi!

roxannap1
3/25/15

I have been a customer of iYogi for several years now. The maintenance and technical support service has been excellent. The representatives have been courteous, friendly and knowledgeable. I have purchased several products through them also, (an HP computer, a Seagate backup device and protection plans and anti virus protection) They are always there to help install any programs that I need and to keep my computer running at top performance. I have been very satisfied with their services and highly recommend them.

roberta146
3/25/15

I have been a satisfied iYogi subscriber for over seven years. It is the best computer related investment I have ever made. Unlike a local technician at $50 an hour, who always finds some reason to need to be there for that 2nd hour, iYogi is available 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year, on an unlimited basis. Having an IT technician like iYogi is also like getting a free computer education. I always learn from my friends at iYogi while they are taking care of whatever problem or service I need at the time. You can ask them any question you have and they will explain the answer to you. Not only that, but they can also install new Operating systems, Microsoft Word, external hard drives, REMOTELY !, in addition to providing a superior virus protection service , scanning and optimizing your system and many more services. I have told my CPA about iYogi and he too is now a satisfied subscriber. I sincerely recommend iYogi. You won`t regret it, I promise ! Sincerely, Robert, Avondale Estates, GA.

conr194
3/25/15

Iyogi, has been very good at fixing all of my computer problems and also as I would say, even giving me more knowledge and understanding about my own computer.
I would highly recommend Iyogi to anyone who needs 24/7 help for their computer.
They are Fast Efficient and Understanding.

richardh87
3/25/15

I worked at IBM and have forgot more about PCs .. then I remember. But having someone else, this skilled, tune my system is worth what it costs.. I have upgraded my operating system through them, and purchased a backup system also. This saved me both time and money.

tyronec6
3/22/15

I signed up with iYogi about a year ago as I was experiencing problems with my desktop computer. The technician solved my issue and I was pleased with the service. I have signed up for one year and I have received regular assistance with general maintenance of my computer. The technicians always do a super job and go the extra mile in solving problems and preventing future issues. I do not know of any other technical service who can do better. IYogi cares about the customer and that goes a long way for me.

peggyy
3/22/15

The iYogi technicians have always helped me with any issues on my computers both big and small. They have updated my systems, removed viruses, corrected malfunctions, and just about anything you can think of. The technicians are very good at resolving all of my issues. They are well trained. What is fantastic is they do it all via network and it is easy. You don't have to call a computer technician and wait for them to come to your home and charge you a fortune or take it to a repair shop and be without your computer for a week. I would highly recommend you try them. I have been using them for over a year and they are great!

lindak56
3/22/15

At first I was a little skeptical of a company that I know is not in the United States, but I felt that I needed this service. When ever I have needed this company they have been just a phone call away. Even down to when I have had problems with a piece of software, they have been fully willing to help me. I am very pleased with iyogi service and I trust them with my computer and my identity.

jamesm250
3/22/15

Prompt and professional service.

melbac
3/21/15

I have been an iYogi customer for a number years and can say that they provide very good technical support. Each technician has been very friendly, professional, and has done an amazing job on my computer issues. I recommend them to all of my friends and family.

philipt23
3/21/15

I have been with Iyogi for the past several years and I would give their
performance with me a triple A. All of my calls for technical support has been
satisfied on the initial call. I find that their technicians have been very professional and their knowledge with their system is first rate. I am glad
to give this Iyogi review and may they continue to hire their technical
support team with the same professional ism as their current team.

sherylm11
3/21/15

I used iYogi about eight times and I found them satisfactory for the most part. Their technicians were generally knowledgeable, thorough and unfailingly polite (except for one time when I got a condescending technician who impatiently told me the answer to my question was obvious). They were willing to spend as much time as necessary to fix my problem. By the end of the sessions my problem was resolved. Unfortunately, this recurring problem that caused the printer to go offline was never identified and I had to pay an outside technician to come to my house and tell me I needed a firmware upgrade. I fixed it myself. My other complaint is that at the end of a session the technician always tried to sell me something using hard sell tactics. In fact, my credit card was charged for another year without my permission two months before my contract was up. This caused me to lose trust in iYogi so that at the moment I am not signed up for the iYogi service.

sharons60
3/21/15

I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your tech support. Your willingness to provide tech service whenever I called with a problem. Your directions and advice have been extremely beneficial to me. Thank you for all of your help.

rishabhs1

I Yogi HR Stuti Misbehaves with Candidate come for an Interview on
21.3.2015 at Noida (B-38, C/3, Sec-57, Noida) & threat to blacklist the Candidate

Tip for consumers: I don't think I Yogi hire any candidate as they don't have the fund & I saw many people complaining I Yogi.
Its better to blacklist those fake company

kelliec3
3/20/15

I have always had nothing but good things to say about IYOGI services you guys were so patient with me not knowing much about computers thank goodness Karma is what led me to you, Thanks again for all your help looking forward to another year.

rosiei1
3/19/15

I have had to call on iYogi for technical support at least 4 or more times and believe me, they have been very courteous and patience with me because I am a little slow (smile). I find them to be extremely knowledgeable and know exactly how to solve the problems that I was having at that particular time. I would give them a standing A+ and recommend them highly.

edwardb61
3/18/15

iYogy is the best site I have ever used. Fast, courteous, and very knowledgeable on all systems. I have been helped when not even the product engineers could help.

mosess14
3/18/15

Signing with I Yogi was one of the best decisions that I have made for my Computer Services. Your technician are a pleasure to work with, in addition to being very courteous and knowledgeable.

georgeh61
3/17/15

Good customer service. I have only needed additional service once since I enrolled in the program.

simonnea
3/8/15

i was convinced to buy a package and I trusted the technician
Big mistake.
The technician did not fix up my mistakes and now many of the programs do not work
I now need to go to somebody trustworthy to get it fix.not impressed

linnellt
2/24/15

After receiving my e-mail exclaiming my dissatisfaction with the level of service, iYogi Customer Service is canceling my account and providing a full refund for a service agreement initiated in January 2015.

Tip for consumers: Evaluate the reputation and service reviews of three (3) local computer service repair services before spending your money on computer repairs. "Home Adviser, Angies List, Better Business Bureau" are good resources.

loum30
1/6/15

My interaction with iYogi began when I was experiencing a problem with the Norton Internet Security installation on my computer. A Google search on the error message came up with what looked like the Norton site for customer help, which turned out to be a deceptive ad created by iYogi to lure potential customers.

I thought I was talking to Norton customer support when I agreed to give them access to my computer to diagnose the problem. They told me that I had a number of problems on my computer which I agreed to let them fix. They lead me to believe that my computer would run better when these problems were taken care of. I still thought I was on the phone with Norton.

After I was asked to agree to pay for this service I realized that I was not talking to Norton, but to iYogi. At that point I should have said “no” and researched the company, but the technician was already working on my computer, and I foolishly agreed to pay without the research. It was a stupid move on my part. I should have known better, did know better, I admit. When I later did the research I found quite a number of complaints about iYogi's deceptive practices.

My computer did seem to run better for a couple of days but then slowed down worse than it was before I ever started the process. I uninstalled all of the applications that iYogi had installed on my computer and then the performance was at least back to where it was before iYogi got involved.

I also came to realize later that the solution to my original problem with Norton Internet Security required a simple fix which I could have done myself if I hadn't been mislead to the iYogi site.

In short, I got involved with iYogi though a deceptive link, agreed to use their service after they lied to me about being able to improve my performance, and did not receive any benefit from their service.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from iYogi!!!

lous26
1/4/15

First of all, i had to wait nearly thirty minutes before being connected to a technician. The web site made it sound like I was contacting Apple direct, but only after asking three times did the guy admit that they were an Apple "agent", his word, not mine. The technician was located in India, and his English was only barely better than my Indian. He was courteous and knowledgable, but I had real difficulty understanding him. Once I learned that he was not with Apple, I asked him what it was going to cost, and after several questions, he finally gave me their rate structure. I ended up paying $149 for one year service on all my devices which probably isn't that bad. However, every time I have called them the wait has been ridiculously long. Although they did finally fix my problem after two calls and a total of nearly three hours (including waiting time), I will definitely not renew when my year contract is up.

timo766
12/29/14

These guys are crazy...they tell you they want to tune your computer and then want to upsell you $479.00 of whatever
Stay away from them

Tip for consumers: Keep them out of sight they are high pressure mongers out for your money

debs26
12/24/14

Iyogi is a total fraud. They will lie to you, suppress fact and will never tell before that they are not at all connected to apple. They could not solve my problem and was just about to erase all my data. It was fixed in 2 minutes the day after by our department technician. They sold me a hard disk in $155.99 which is actually $68.00 in amazon. Be aware and stay away from this.

jjs3
12/19/14

This is a scan. They get you yo allow access into your computer
Under the guise of fixing it. Then they tell you in
Order to fix it you have to. But their Ive year ir five year plan. if you don't, they still got all your computer information. I lost mail and probably a lot of persinal information.
Don't let them fix anything or keep you on the phone!

Tip for consumers: Don't call them

arlenej4
12/12/14

The first time I contacted them they were very proficient in getting my problem fixed, but only after I agreed to buy into their one-year support package. A couple of weeks later I contacted them again with another problem, expecting to take advantage of the package I had purchased. It took an unreasonably long time to get someone on the line and then, after a half hour of talking to a brick wall on the other end, the result was they could not fix my problem unless I purchased their anti-virus package at the cost of $139. I use AVG free edition which works just fine. I ended up fixing the problem myself after finding answers online. They are a scam, out to sell you software and services you don't need and won't deliver honestly.

Tip for consumers: Only use businesses and sites you know and trust. Hang up if they try to sell you something you feel you don't need.

micheleb31
11/27/14

IYogi has helped me over the last few years, although they are often very difficult to get in touch with. They try to sell you every single minute they are on the phone with you. But 2 days ago, I went to them to delete a Rootkit virus. They said they deleted it and that I should buy their antivirus -- Tech Genie. They talked me into it -- 3 years for $139.99 and I would never ever have another virus. SO they uninstalled my antivirus before downloading their antivirus and then I get losing the connection with them. I was trying to stay in contact with them for 5 hours. During that time, a virus ripped my computer to bits. And whoever the hacker was encrypted my data and offered it back to me for ransom money -- $500 for the 1st day, $1000 for 2nd day. My computer guy (local) had to rebuilt to the best of his ability. I had all sorts of backups -- carbonite and a ghost drive, but some of the data could not be retrieved. I would say I lost about a year's worth of work with this fiasco. I cancelled my service and will not go back!!!

Tip for consumers: DON"T

pattid3
11/24/14

after I explained my problem they knew exactly what to do to solve my problem. Offered me support for 1 yr 24/7 for a very very reasonable price, I excepted.

teejaym
11/15/14

I have had iyogi for several years and they are a very inconsistent outfit at best. The level of service ranges from complete novice to someone who knows how to get around a computer just enough to get the simple things done or create more issues. With that said, they're mostly interested in selling the customer on new tech and warranties at twice the price one would be able to purchase on ones own. The techs and the "account managers" are very, very pushy clearly not wanting to listen to the issues at hand with your computer unless they sell something to you first. My last go around with them they would not get to the service until I purchased items from them and was not able to reactivate my "iYogi docs" (an assist on the computer) to get them to provide assistance in fixing the issues with my computer. The frustration in dealing with them outweighs any positives in having this service.

pauld96
10/30/14

iYogi gave me very special service. I am not a computer junkie/nerd and the technician realized that early in our conversation and made all adjustments for my ignorance and incompetence. He solved my problems—which were substantial as I had been shut out of much of my computer/internet usage—and I have had no problems since.

I would recommend iYogi to anyone, including the real pros.

chasel4
10/30/14

eveyrone at iyogi is always very helpful, so far no issues. I am happy with their product and everyone that i have dealt with over the phone

davem101
10/29/14

Excellent service. It keeps my computer on its toes. Though I am somewhat hard of hearing I have had no trouble conversing with any of the several technicians who have been in contact with me. I certainly plan to continue using IYogi and recommend it to my friends.
I am not a computer professional but am a very knowledgeable amateur having built my first computer in the 1970's. David McShane. Retired clergyman.

md70
10/25/14

iYogi tech support looks you right in the eye and lies to you. Their off shore tech support team doesnt address the question you ask, and push you into taking over your computer, then installing their scan software, and mislead with facts. I spoke on two successive times with their teams, and see they are well trained tactically to upsell their tools. Really they are a revenue center. It makes Norton, Apple, HP look like fools.

A few bigger questions though: Do big brands know/care what's going on when they out source security-intensive tech support offshore? Are offshore companies exploiting our underbellies, and ripping our passwords, account numbers, other data?

alizaht
10/16/14

I used this service to install antivirus software on my laptop. Due to a poor internet connection on my end, I spent two hours on the phone with a representative trying to get auto-renewal charge deleted from my account and trying to get the softball installed. After the antivirus software was installed I noticed I had a double charge for services on my credit card. When I called back and explained the double charge, the company said they had to wait 48 hours to conduct an investigation even though it just happened. After the 48 hours, I did receive my refund. I will say while the service can be slow and hard to understand at time, my antivirus software has kept my laptop safe.

dianeo2
10/13/14

I found iyogi website to help me with my computers and then my phone issues. They were very informative and helpful. I have recommended my friends to your service and appreciate all the help, thank you.

christyh12
10/13/14

Iyogi representatives are alway personable and knowlegeable. They will stay with you no matter how long it takes to fix your problem!

joann405
10/12/14

Since I signed up with iYogi: my computer is running great. Help is just a click away and that makes my life a lot less complicated. The agents are so patient and helpful when I have a problem.

billb91
10/6/14

iYogi posed as Belkin. Cost me $199 for 'premium' service. Wiped important apps from my computer, I lost essays and PowerPoint presentations and they slowed down my PC. Operator Aparajita Kant gave me a phony toll free unlimited help line number which turned out to be a loan company. iYogi invalidated my HP warranty. Minus 1000 stars.

Tip for consumers: Be sure you have the 'real' Belkin phone number. This is a 'clean your computer scam' subcontracted to Indian village 'boiler-rooms'. They've ripped off Belkin's reputation.

judyl14
10/6/14

I've always been completely satisfied with the technical help from iYogi. Everyone is very courteous and knowledgeable.

joem115
10/1/14

LIke many others, I thought I was talking to HP luckily figured it out. My bank gave me back my money. Sold me an extended warranty. According to the REAL HP, there was no record of me buying a warranty. If I had been duped and let them touch my computer, it would have invalidated my warranty. You guys SUCK posing as HP! See other reviews where they pose as Apple, etc. F.U. iYogi.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE IT! Make sure you are calling HP or APPLE or whatever you are calling. They post their phone number on the web as HP.

virginiab6
9/30/14

If they received more stars, it is because they had friends write review. They don't deserve 1star. Had to cancel credit card

maxw191
9/29/14

My assistant Needed help with Dell printer shutting off everytime I hit print. She went on line to Dell and somehow got iyogi as the tech help phone number. They ran some bogus scan said there were 64 registry errors causing the problem and it would cost $290 to fix. Luckily I saw the program had her hang up, and I deleted the programs they installed. I had too run 2 security programs to find all the crap they installed. I will be complaining to Dell.

Tip for consumers: Dont use. Up sells you service.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the iYogi staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Can someone please tell me how the remote access works? I called them a while back and they were not able to help me, (my computer would not even boot up) so I got off the phone and began to see about my other options. Sure enough, I decided on a local shop that would fix my computer for $60. Meanwhile iYogi continued to call me. After I told them I was going to a local shop they said "Fine, well don't come running back to us when that local shop destroys your computer!" So I have moved on with my life, using my perfectly running computer, yet iYogi continues to call and harass me. Today, at least a full month later I get a welcome email from them asking to confirm my membership. I obviously did not sign up for anything.. the email made me nervous and I deleted it. I think they are mad and trying to hack my computer. Is that possible? lol
10/25/11
kellyh6
A: After learning that my son tried "reinstalling windows" to fix a virus infection he had gotten on our family computer I went into a state of panic.
This kid knows just about as much about computers as I do - next to nothing.
Sure enough, when I looked at the computer later that day the internet wasnt working and it would only boot up half of the time. I called Iyogi to get some help with my situation.

It was difficult, first, to get them to answer the phone and sencond, to talk to me patiently and explain the situation in language I could understand. I felt overwhelmed with technobabble that I did not understand and felt that I was being talked down to about the situation.

Im sorry im not a computer expert - I was explaining the situation the best I knew how - the internet wasnt working and it was having trouble starting at all! I arranged for one of their technicians to come to the house to check it out.

Long story short, the guy who came to assess the situation was very knowledgable but was late and made fun of my son for having tried to reinstall windows. Not something you'd expect from such a large company that supposedly hired qualified, intelligent and helpful technicians.

The technician was able to switch everything back with some kind of disc, after about two hours. But, not only was he rude, but I was charged an incredulous amount of money for something the tech described as "a quick fix".

After he left I got online to check reviews for the company only to learn that plenty of people have had similar run ins with this type of service (I learned I should be thankful the guy even showed up at all, actually). Upon further reading, I found a comapny called Secure Remote Support which offers the same types of service as Iyogi and called them out of curiosity to see what they would hve charged for the same repairs. I was blown away when they quoted a fraction of the price of the company i'd just paid big bucks to. (You live you learn, right?)

I'm glad I've got my computer working. Sure, It cost a lot and I had to deal with the attitude of a smart mouth kid, but my computer WAS fixed. Iyogi has been a reliable company for a few things but I assure you, never again will I turn to them for computer repairs unless it's a last resort. Since this incident, I've called on Secure Remote Support twice (Once for spyware removal, and once to recover some data I'd lost when the other tech reinstalled everything) and they always deliver top quality service. They even offered me a promotion on optimization that I took advantage of. I like going to a company that values their customers and takes pride in the work they do, and Im glad I've finally found that company.
4/2/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the iYogi staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

2 Coupons for iYogi

No coupon code needed
Shop now at iYogi to save!
Go to iYogi