US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

lindaj13

I am an old woman and I have very little computer knowledge. (in 48 reviews)

lesterc1

When the so-called "gurus" at one of my ISPs (also my DSL provider) could not reslove my problem, they sent me to iYogi. (in 43 reviews)

douglass2

On the other hand their technical support service is definitely 5 stars. (in 45 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

arlenej4
12/12/14

The first time I contacted them they were very proficient in getting my problem fixed, but only after I agreed to buy into their one-year support package. A couple of weeks later I contacted them again with another problem, expecting to take advantage of the package I had purchased. It took an unreasonably long time to get someone on the line and then, after a half hour of talking to a brick wall on the other end, the result was they could not fix my problem unless I purchased their anti-virus package at the cost of $139. I use AVG free edition which works just fine. I ended up fixing the problem myself after finding answers online. They are a scam, out to sell you software and services you don't need and won't deliver honestly.

Tip for consumers: Only use businesses and sites you know and trust. Hang up if they try to sell you something you feel you don't need.

janetp15
12/7/14

Terrible and would never recommend. Best advice? Never trust anyone inside your computer unless you personally know them well and have checked reviews and talked with some of their customers. I use a local guy well known in the community, got the referral from my neighbors and have used him for years. Awesome! I had a simple printer question, my tech was unavail and I thought I was calling Brother directly. He told me my computer was going to crash any moment, needed $400. I told him for that amount I would buy a new computer and then he went so far as to say it was my host that was infected and a new computer would not work. Okay...I am blond but not that stupid. I ended up calling my Geek Squad thru Best Buy and they fixed it for nothing over the phone. I am $400 to the good.

Next time...stay off the Internet and follow my advice. It is like opening your wallet, walking away and hoping for a good outcome with them inside your computer.

Tip for consumers: RUN...RUN...RUN. THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION.

micheleb31
11/27/14

IYogi has helped me over the last few years, although they are often very difficult to get in touch with. They try to sell you every single minute they are on the phone with you. But 2 days ago, I went to them to delete a Rootkit virus. They said they deleted it and that I should buy their antivirus -- Tech Genie. They talked me into it -- 3 years for $139.99 and I would never ever have another virus. SO they uninstalled my antivirus before downloading their antivirus and then I get losing the connection with them. I was trying to stay in contact with them for 5 hours. During that time, a virus ripped my computer to bits. And whoever the hacker was encrypted my data and offered it back to me for ransom money -- $500 for the 1st day, $1000 for 2nd day. My computer guy (local) had to rebuilt to the best of his ability. I had all sorts of backups -- carbonite and a ghost drive, but some of the data could not be retrieved. I would say I lost about a year's worth of work with this fiasco. I cancelled my service and will not go back!!!

Tip for consumers: DON"T

pattid3
11/24/14

after I explained my problem they knew exactly what to do to solve my problem. Offered me support for 1 yr 24/7 for a very very reasonable price, I excepted.

teejaym
11/15/14

I have had iyogi for several years and they are a very inconsistent outfit at best. The level of service ranges from complete novice to someone who knows how to get around a computer just enough to get the simple things done or create more issues. With that said, they're mostly interested in selling the customer on new tech and warranties at twice the price one would be able to purchase on ones own. The techs and the "account managers" are very, very pushy clearly not wanting to listen to the issues at hand with your computer unless they sell something to you first. My last go around with them they would not get to the service until I purchased items from them and was not able to reactivate my "iYogi docs" (an assist on the computer) to get them to provide assistance in fixing the issues with my computer. The frustration in dealing with them outweighs any positives in having this service.

pauld96
10/30/14

iYogi gave me very special service. I am not a computer junkie/nerd and the technician realized that early in our conversation and made all adjustments for my ignorance and incompetence. He solved my problems—which were substantial as I had been shut out of much of my computer/internet usage—and I have had no problems since.

I would recommend iYogi to anyone, including the real pros.

chasel4
10/30/14

eveyrone at iyogi is always very helpful, so far no issues. I am happy with their product and everyone that i have dealt with over the phone

davem101
10/29/14

Excellent service. It keeps my computer on its toes. Though I am somewhat hard of hearing I have had no trouble conversing with any of the several technicians who have been in contact with me. I certainly plan to continue using IYogi and recommend it to my friends.
I am not a computer professional but am a very knowledgeable amateur having built my first computer in the 1970's. David McShane. Retired clergyman.

md70
10/25/14

iYogi tech support looks you right in the eye and lies to you. Their off shore tech support team doesnt address the question you ask, and push you into taking over your computer, then installing their scan software, and mislead with facts. I spoke on two successive times with their teams, and see they are well trained tactically to upsell their tools. Really they are a revenue center. It makes Norton, Apple, HP look like fools.

A few bigger questions though: Do big brands know/care what's going on when they out source security-intensive tech support offshore? Are offshore companies exploiting our underbellies, and ripping our passwords, account numbers, other data?

alizaht
10/16/14

I used this service to install antivirus software on my laptop. Due to a poor internet connection on my end, I spent two hours on the phone with a representative trying to get auto-renewal charge deleted from my account and trying to get the softball installed. After the antivirus software was installed I noticed I had a double charge for services on my credit card. When I called back and explained the double charge, the company said they had to wait 48 hours to conduct an investigation even though it just happened. After the 48 hours, I did receive my refund. I will say while the service can be slow and hard to understand at time, my antivirus software has kept my laptop safe.

dianeo2
10/13/14

I found iyogi website to help me with my computers and then my phone issues. They were very informative and helpful. I have recommended my friends to your service and appreciate all the help, thank you.

christyh12
10/13/14

Iyogi representatives are alway personable and knowlegeable. They will stay with you no matter how long it takes to fix your problem!

joann405
10/12/14

Since I signed up with iYogi: my computer is running great. Help is just a click away and that makes my life a lot less complicated. The agents are so patient and helpful when I have a problem.

billb91
10/6/14

iYogi posed as Belkin. Cost me $199 for 'premium' service. Wiped important apps from my computer, I lost essays and PowerPoint presentations and they slowed down my PC. Operator Aparajita Kant gave me a phony toll free unlimited help line number which turned out to be a loan company. iYogi invalidated my HP warranty. Minus 1000 stars.

Tip for consumers: Be sure you have the 'real' Belkin phone number. This is a 'clean your computer scam' subcontracted to Indian village 'boiler-rooms'. They've ripped off Belkin's reputation.

judyl14
10/6/14

I've always been completely satisfied with the technical help from iYogi. Everyone is very courteous and knowledgeable.

joem115
10/1/14

LIke many others, I thought I was talking to HP luckily figured it out. My bank gave me back my money. Sold me an extended warranty. According to the REAL HP, there was no record of me buying a warranty. If I had been duped and let them touch my computer, it would have invalidated my warranty. You guys SUCK posing as HP! See other reviews where they pose as Apple, etc. F.U. iYogi.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE IT! Make sure you are calling HP or APPLE or whatever you are calling. They post their phone number on the web as HP.

virginiab6
9/30/14

If they received more stars, it is because they had friends write review. They don't deserve 1star. Had to cancel credit card

maxw191
9/29/14

My assistant Needed help with Dell printer shutting off everytime I hit print. She went on line to Dell and somehow got iyogi as the tech help phone number. They ran some bogus scan said there were 64 registry errors causing the problem and it would cost $290 to fix. Luckily I saw the program had her hang up, and I deleted the programs they installed. I had too run 2 security programs to find all the crap they installed. I will be complaining to Dell.

Tip for consumers: Dont use. Up sells you service.

jasonw66
9/27/14

Unfortunately, I found this website after I had already purchased their yearly service contract for over $300. This company is incredibly good at hiding their true colors and I’ve looked extensively for information about this company and I’m only finding reviews written about iYogi, BY iYogi. I believe that they are writing their own reviews because of the grammar and spelling in each of the reviews. They dont seem to be written by someone whose english is their first language.

I digress, our original reason for posting this review: We purchased their service a little over a year ago and have been waiting for it to be over. They constantly call for renewal period, but WE ARE NOT INTERESTED. During that year we had to hire a separate online computer repair company, WWW.safepcfix.com to properly repair our computer. After the second time of having to hire another company to repair the original virus issue we hired them for, we signed up with the year contract with the other company. iYogi consistently failed to diagnose and repair multiple issues with our computer. These were issues that all stemmed from one source. SafePCFix informed us that they run into issues where other computer repair companies do not completely 100% remove the virus infections, causing them to come back stronger in the future. After constant issues and having to cancel iYogi, we now have working computers.

During our tenure with these guys they would tell us we had more problems with our computer than what we actually had. We had to contact another repair service to repair the machine and fix the mistakes they made. This happened on a couple of occasions. We decided it was far better to purchase the actual service agreement from a US based company (ie the one above.) Their technicians were easy to understand and explained the problems that iYogi caused with our machine.

Buyer beware.

Tip for consumers: Do not purchase from them. INSTEAD search for a more reputable US based company. As suggested, safepcfix, is use based guys and did a good job getting me up and running. Whatever you do, DO NOT hire iYogi.

johns754
9/27/14

I called them by mistake thinking I was speaking with Apple concerning a purchase and issues with Airport supreme. When the tech Kahul Shoma worked on my computer remotely, he stated that he could not fix my MAC because of security issues, which also caused it to be slow. He then said he would refer me to his colleagues in another department who would get it all taken care of. Long story short, Shoma mislead me and then tried to sell be a 400 dollar three yr support program. Also provided details about shorter sessions. While he was proviging the sales pitch I was researching the net and found lots of complaints, at which time I hung up. A few minutes later, after relooking at the erroneous and misleading data he provided, I was able to fix my own issue. I validated his erroneous information with a Cyber Security Specialist. Stay away from this company.

Tip for consumers: Stay away unless you want to give away money, especially with Apple products. All the techs I spoke with were in Delhi, India, but I managed to reach them with the 800 number. My mistake to start with.

debs20
9/5/14

TERRIBLE - took 4 hours and several demands to sell me overpriced retail software with no resolution. I had to fix the problem myself. English is not their primary language and very difficult to understand

Tip for consumers: Don't ever use them. They came up on a Google search when I was trying to get the contact number for Norton 360 Premium.

bernards21
9/2/14

ALL THEY ARE AFTER IS MORE MONEY FROM YOU, EVERY 3 MONTHS THEY TRY TO GET MONEY OUT YOU! STAY AWAY FROM IYOGI

simonb51
8/19/14

Don't go anywhere near these cowboys... They don't know what they are doing, will try to get you to pay for services you do not require, then will continue to charge you annual subscription against your express wishes. BEWARE !!!

Tip for consumers: Just dont

suzettes
8/1/14

I had problems with my computer's anti virus from Total Defense. Total Defense referred me to iYogi where I was told I needed a one year service contract to fix my computer. I paid $169.99 for the one year and iYogi destroyed my computer. They locked me out of it & shut down my computer. I tossed the computer out & have been without one for over a year. This June iYogi automatically renewed my service of $169.99, without my authorization. I contacted them for a refund & was given a confirmation number & said 7-10 days the money would be back in my bank acct. No refund yet. Stay away from this company & believe all of the negative feedback from this site.

camillem9
7/28/14

WARNING( IYOGI) WILL ONLY MESS YOUR PC UP, DONT TRUST THEM, DONT ALLOW ANYONE, ANYONE EVER TO HAVE REMOTE ACCESS TO YOUR PC
THIS IS A WARNING DONT TRUST (iyogi)

shirleys40
7/21/14

After two full hours, I finally was able to get everything straightened out.. I wanted a one year contract, but got an incoherent reply telling me that was not possible. Had to speak to three different people. I speak only one language, but I am not in customer service. People were difficult to understand. I now find that a friend had a similar experience.. Would love to get out of contract.

joep119
7/17/14

Rude and clearly a scam. Paying them for their service was a huge mistake and now I am concerned about what they may have done to my computer. Their technician interrupted me repeatedly and talked down to me in a demeaning way. Cant believe they can still have a business if they treat people like this.

carolinea3
7/17/14

iYogi is like a friend in deed. Whenever I felt the need to get my laptop fixed, iYogi has always been there for me. It is about today morning only, when my laptop started facing booting issues. Initially, I tried to fix the issue by myself, but was unable to. Thereafter, I thought of approaching iYogi. I called up iYogi on its toll-free number and a technician quickly responded to my call. I explained everything to him. Thereafter, the technician quickly diagnosed the issue happening in my laptop, and guided me through the solution. It was like magic. I fixed my laptop. The tech guy was really amazing. Now, my laptop is working fine. Thanks buddy for your quick support.

danielp45
7/12/14

I had them work on my comp/they destroyed it/loaded a bunch of pop ups that I coulgnt make go away.Had to wipe my hard drive and start over.Cost me a lot of money what a racket/Ive used them in the past and they where good.But know there just hackers,dont even think about using them.

johns714
7/10/14

I just completed a long session with "Kewin" of your company and wanted to take the survey on his service.
I did not receive the survey, therefore I'm writing this review.
I was very pleased with his service and communication skills. Although I'm not
finished installing all the software, I just wanted to show my appreciation for his
professional service.
He was a pleasure to work with.

garyc33
6/27/14

I have had good and bad experience with Iyogi, I call up they fix my problem in one or two hours, I give a good review and a week later I have more problems. There techs are very friendly and even plesant to talk to, but at the end of the day I'm back with more problems. They contunally want to sell you more software. I finally had to cancel after a few hundred $$$$$.

marcp13
6/8/14

Anyone who gives this service greater than a 0 are simply foolish and don't realize that Iyogi is a total scam. I took them to small claims court a won all the money I spent for the past two years. They actually installed a virus on my computer, disabled the firewall and said it was working, their software runs in the background and uses 95% of your CPU and they say is normal, the CPU usage slows the computer 90% and makes errors on every download, they misrepresent, oversell and try to sell you more service every time you speak to them,and should be closed down by the authorities. I was able to prove all of this. Please beware and avoid this site.

angiev4
5/19/14

I would actually love to give this company a 0! Not only has my software has NEVER worked, told 3 different times that I had different things that were included but to top it ALL off someone from Customer service that took over my computer to "help" me fix all the 1000 problems hacked into my bank account and tried taking money multiple times. I called the company and they told me I must have called the wrong number. There was NO way that happened because they had ALL my account info. they used all the software things and it was ALL branded iYogi. No clue how this happened but they also erased that I even called even though I have the phone records. I now have to close out ALL my banking account, my paypal, contact all the companies that I've got automatic debits taken out every month and change every password.
Then to top it ALL off they offer my free services for three years!!! Are you fricking kidding me! The lang. barrier was enough to make you wanna reach through the phone and grab them. Just so angry and upset and contacting my lawyer as well.
This should NEVER happen to anyone! NEVER EVER DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY.

ronh34
4/16/14

They lied about features of a printer they sold and when I called them they said it was a settings problem and tried to sell me a service contract.

They were transferred from HP help desk and are offshore. Stay away from them!!

mikem172
3/29/14

I had their service and in the beginning it worked great. The longer I stayed with them the more money they wanted to fix your computer. What really took the cake, was this last week, I was online with them while they were fixing a problem and the computer rebooted itself. When it came back on, I was locked out from them and even though I had internet signal I couldn't get online no way no how. I called my telephone service and they looked at and referred me to their online specialist for dealing with internet problems. They tried to open up my computer to get online and couldn't do it. The next morning I went to a friends to download programs on my external hard drive and take it back to my house. It took 1hr 40 minutes to knock down the virus enough for me to let them take over my computer online. They were still at when I left for work after trying to fix Iyogi's mess 0ver 5 hrs later. Iyoji even installed a back door so they could get into my computer without me knowing they were on it. Needless to say, I had all their stuff taken out and reloaded my AVG. They uploaded a virus/malware/spyware/cookie that was imbedded in everything and all my operating systems. All Iyoji does is create problems then charge you to fix their mess ups. I am very dissatisfied with their service and warn everyone to stay as far away from them as they can. They will take all your money if you let them. I would like to find someone how is willing to file a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against them and get good honest folks money back that they charged them. I am hopeful that I can find just such a person. Please for the love of God stay away from Iyjgi. They are nothing but crooks.

charlottef4
3/18/14

HATE TO GIVE THEM A 1 RATING.
They are out to sell you things you don't need. If you bought a tech service they will destroy your computer until you start believing that you may need the whatever they sell. I am having no success with tech support it just goes down hill, regularly each one of them is worse than the last one. BEWARE STAY AWAY FROM THEM.
don't buy the sweet polite manner - if you buy a service you should get a service. NOT LIKELY any of them know what they are doing. I think they are hired to mess up your computer so they can sell you some more whatever.... CON MEN are also polite - con men are not always transparent.

Since I wrote the above post, they reimbursed me for a service I bought but did not need at all it was a duplicate.
BUT have not yet reimbursed me for my membership.
they never helped me, they harmed my computer.

dexters28
3/17/14

When I first started with them about 4 years ago, I thought they were the "cat's meow"; but the longer I stayed the more of their true colors came out. Basically, all that I observed them do was go to www.filehippo.com and use programs off of that website like ccleaner and Defraggler while they deleted all my past history and all cookies. Then, one had the audacity to bad mouth my anti-virus (Avast) and told me it was trash. I did a Google search later and found that they were owned by IYOGI, but he wanted to sell me the upgraded version at a charge instead of using the free program. Soon they began with the phone calls trying to do unnecessary scans and tell me that I probably had been hacked and that you need their top of the line security program for just an extra $XXX for all your computers. Soon, the service fell off when it became apparent that I was not going to buy any of their upgrades. They began using my new McAfee, my MalWare Bytes (which they used too) and simply deleting all my history and cookies...all of which I could do for myself, but they always ended the conversation by attempting high pressure tactics to sell you an upgrade and I already had one of their better programs that they offered. It really got to the point when I did have a problem, I would not call them because I did not feel like getting hassled...I would take my computer to a local shop and for $20 they would look at it and determine what was wrong and if it was just in need of a file cleaning and "tune up" the $20 covered it...hard ware and installation was extra and any additional required software or extra memory ram gigs were extra. So, from then on, when I saw their phone numbers on my caller ID I simply ignored them. Then, they started leaving messages that I possibly have been hacked and I needed to call them immediately. I ran my own antivirus full scan and Malware Bytes full scan and it found nothing. They distort everything, they are aggressive on sales tactics, they are rude if you don't buy anything from them. To the plus side each and every time that I spoke to a female tech, they were not rude and normally quiet helpful; so, might I suggest if you have IYOGI ask to speak to a female tech. Lastly, when it was 3 months before my contract expiration date, they start bombarding you with at least 2 phone calls per day per land line and per cell phone.

peters117
3/16/14

I accidently called iyogi.com and that was the biggest mistake I have ever made with computers.

I explained to them what my problem was, and they proceed to do some strange and odd looking analysis on my computer (after giving the full remote access) they said that I had virus (which I am sure that they just installed) which was stopping my programs from working.. They then went on to tell me that I needed to pay to have the virus removed. I refused, realised my mistake in phone numbers, and immediately call Microsoft... who fixed my problem in minutes and got my programs working perfectly.

I am now extremely worried about the overall security of my computer, not knowing what other malicious acts they have perpetrated on my system.

They are wholly and totally crooks... keep away at all costs.

brucer21
3/5/14

Last Oct. I paid for one year of tech service. In Nov. I was billed a second time for the same service. After several calls and they finally admitted the error. After no refund for the second billing, I disputed the charge on my AMX card. After no response from iYogi they reversed the charge.
Today iYogi called me for a check up on my computer. Then he told me that my service had been canceled because of a charge back that I requested. So I paid for one year and got one month of service.
I am to tired of fighting with them to try to reinstate the service.
Do not do business with these crooks.

lucym12
2/24/14

Wasted money. Takes forever (IF then) to understand and find the problem. They do lie about things you need to buy and on tighter questioning it becomes clear. Don't fall for this company's claims. They may have started out as a legitimate and efficient company, but something changed and they have caused me more problems than I had to begin with.. I want to delete their programs (including the MCAfee virus program they sold me) but I'm AFRAID there may be some code in there that will create a huge problem. I am already getting blackouts and just today had a fatal error, but I just restarted it and it is now okay. Then I ran my Cleaner that came on my computer and hopefully that will keep me going for now.

bradleyb29
2/11/14

Laptop was worse off after tech "fixed" it.

I just received a laptop from a friend who had the HDD replaced by a iYogi tech, after Dell referred her to them. She complained that now it wouldn't always turn on and the trackpad wouldn't work. Well, upon cracking into the laptop, I found 4 broken ziff connectors. It looks like the tech had no idea how to remove a cable from them. The only way to properly fix would be a new motherboard now. After my friend called iYogi, the tech would not take ownership of his mistake. She did not pay for the repair. I ended up fixing the laptop for her.

Bottom line, iYogi? What a joke of a tech company.

P.S. As soon as I had the laptop back up and running and saw that iYogi support software, I deleted it like it was the plague.

maryw63
2/10/14

They r a bunch of crooks. They come off as being very knowledgeable but once they make it into your system it will never be the same. They charge you and try to sell you more and more. Every time they take remote control with your computer it ruines something else. It never works the same again, what starts as a small problem ends in ruining your computer...

johns649
2/10/14

Wait times for this service have gone through the roof! I've used them for ~1 1/2 years and was very satisfied. But they must be under new management now. Too bad....

francoi22
1/30/14

I mistakenly called them because I thought I was calling DELL they told me they work with DELL and I had to pay there service fee even though I had a service agreement from DELL. They said since this is a software issue that Dell would not support this repair. I paid the amount they fixed the issue of which I had the same problem 3 months latter. I IMed with DELL the second time and they told me it was an Hardware issue and they replaced it. Almost a year to the date I started getting phone calls about renewing I told them not interested and to remove me from there List almost 2 years latter I still get phone calls form me to renew. Don't bother with them

andersonc13
1/24/14

Billing system, I was charge twice. They told to me to let it pend for a couple of days and I should receive my money. Its fishy, also software is not included and they do not reinforce that enough in the beginning. To me I was thinking this company provided a service of: providing you with, free software online, making your PC run better, smoother, and faster. Which they did so after paying them for the over priced software. Never the less I was charged. Today $169.99 Twice(pending), a $29.99 fee, a $162.99 upgrading to windows 8, and lastly a pricey antivirus software also $139.99. Before actually thinking of purchasing from these guys make sure to have some dough. I liked the knowledgable technician, and the sale person. Over all the experience was in my record a solid 8 out 10. The pricing on software is the real downside to this. Expensive and not enough emphasis in the beginning. Contrary to popular belief, It makes customer feel like the company is fishy, liars, and not very transparent. I hope they improve way to stress this to the customer before hand.

pattyt2
1/24/14

Their services were decent, until I decided not to renew. They kept calling me to try to renew and I told them on several occasions I did not wish to renew. After the renewal period was up, they called me a month later to tell me that they could not charge my credit card because it was rejected. At that point, I was so upset that they even tried to charge my card when I did not want to renew that I just couldn't take it anymore. I told them I never authorized a renewal or for them to charge my card. They told me I still owed them money because their software was installed on my computer and still "protecting" it. Their software does not come with antivirus or anything to "protect" my computer. If it did, I would not have had to purchase antivirus software which caught so many things.

The software they speak of is similar to LogmeIn. In order for them to troubleshoot your computer they have to have access to it. That was the only way the software was used. When I did not renew with them they tried to extort me by telling me the software was still installed. This made no sense. I quickly uninstalled the software just like you would any other program.

They are a crooked company, very aggressive in sales and always try to get you to purchase software that you can get cheaper at Frys or through Amazon.

My recommendation for those currently using iYogi is that if you do not wish to renew, quickly cancel your credit card or make sure that your credit card company denies all charges iYogi attempts to make. Even if you don't want to renew, they will still charge your card and try to convince you to keep their services.

They should be investigated for fraud.

nottaf
1/13/14

Up-sell, bait/switch, phone calls forever after. Better alternative: Get some young local computer-nerd to do it for 1/10 price.

main2
Expert Reviewer
1/9/14

☠ Security Issues
Before use, you need to do a "search" to see just what you are "really" getting into...

☛ "A security researcher named Brian Krebs write about what he experienced when he testing iYogi's support:

☛ He writes about being encouraged to sign up for an "expensive support package" in order to resolve 'problems' that the iYogi rep claimed they found on his "virgin Windows XP installed" computer.

☠ iYogi insists on remote access to your computer. Which is very dangerous with an unknown/untrusted company as often they will "install" malware or even their own code to infect your computer to prove you have problems, then they try to charge you an arm and a leg to buy their products, which cost hundreds of dollars (not counting the monthly service fee), that have NOTHING to do with your computers problem! As they caused, installed or initiated the problem ti begin with! These "computer support" sites which "impost remote access" to your computer and your email account are very suspicious and often conduct scammy operations.

✍ As a result of the security researcher article, the makers of the Avast, one of the most respected Anti Virus companies in the world, announced that they are ending there relationship with iYogi and discontinued their use of iYogi as a 3rd Party Support Company for support services.

✍ Read the stories here:

Reputation discussions - Avast Ends its Relationship With Controversial 3rd Party Support Company, Iyogi

☠ Which lists these related sites:
(last reference is a subdomain for a file hosting service http://fileburst.com)
=========================================

saerenn
12/26/13

I stumbled on this site rather late in the game. I too have been hosed by iYogi after being patched through to their Indian office while calling the online number for NetGear.
I do not believe the techs are necessarily devious, but more likely poverty-stricken and doing all they can to earn a living.
On the OTHER hand, the corporate component is blatantly DISHONEST. Do NOT trust them. They are deceptive and immoral. I want them out of business because they are corrupting the image of India. Surely, there must be some agency that can take them on. In the meantime, you have been warned.

susanb45
12/19/13

I have had the iYogi service for several years and have found it so frustrating. Everytime I call or use their support dock it is hours on the phone. I was having a problem getting it to boot up. They convinced me to upgrade the operating system from Vista to Windows 7 which I did. It didnt really help. A month after installing Win 7 i called for help again. TWO hours into the conversation they were still pressuring me to upgrade to windows 8. They got a supervisor on the phone and they wouldn't just fix the issue. I just kept saying please fix the problem. I finally caved and purchased 8. Two nights ago i called to have them install it. 5 hours on the phone. It is still not fully installed. Then they told me that the anti-virus program wasn't compatible so i had to purchse that. Then they pressured me into purchasing hard drive protection. At 11pm I couldnt take it anymore so we set up an appointment for tonight to finish it. I left work early to be here and they never called. I tried calling them to get another technician and i was on hold for 30minutes and no one picked up so i finally hung up. So i will need to call again tomorrow to try to connect. They NEVER keep appointments except when they are selling you something...like renewing your service contract...they are all over that! I cant wait until they are out of my life!!!

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the iYogi staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Can someone please tell me how the remote access works? I called them a while back and they were not able to help me, (my computer would not even boot up) so I got off the phone and began to see about my other options. Sure enough, I decided on a local shop that would fix my computer for $60. Meanwhile iYogi continued to call me. After I told them I was going to a local shop they said "Fine, well don't come running back to us when that local shop destroys your computer!" So I have moved on with my life, using my perfectly running computer, yet iYogi continues to call and harass me. Today, at least a full month later I get a welcome email from them asking to confirm my membership. I obviously did not sign up for anything.. the email made me nervous and I deleted it. I think they are mad and trying to hack my computer. Is that possible? lol
10/25/11
kellyh6
A: After learning that my son tried "reinstalling windows" to fix a virus infection he had gotten on our family computer I went into a state of panic.
This kid knows just about as much about computers as I do - next to nothing.
Sure enough, when I looked at the computer later that day the internet wasnt working and it would only boot up half of the time. I called Iyogi to get some help with my situation.

It was difficult, first, to get them to answer the phone and sencond, to talk to me patiently and explain the situation in language I could understand. I felt overwhelmed with technobabble that I did not understand and felt that I was being talked down to about the situation.

Im sorry im not a computer expert - I was explaining the situation the best I knew how - the internet wasnt working and it was having trouble starting at all! I arranged for one of their technicians to come to the house to check it out.

Long story short, the guy who came to assess the situation was very knowledgable but was late and made fun of my son for having tried to reinstall windows. Not something you'd expect from such a large company that supposedly hired qualified, intelligent and helpful technicians.

The technician was able to switch everything back with some kind of disc, after about two hours. But, not only was he rude, but I was charged an incredulous amount of money for something the tech described as "a quick fix".

After he left I got online to check reviews for the company only to learn that plenty of people have had similar run ins with this type of service (I learned I should be thankful the guy even showed up at all, actually). Upon further reading, I found a comapny called Secure Remote Support which offers the same types of service as Iyogi and called them out of curiosity to see what they would hve charged for the same repairs. I was blown away when they quoted a fraction of the price of the company i'd just paid big bucks to. (You live you learn, right?)

I'm glad I've got my computer working. Sure, It cost a lot and I had to deal with the attitude of a smart mouth kid, but my computer WAS fixed. Iyogi has been a reliable company for a few things but I assure you, never again will I turn to them for computer repairs unless it's a last resort. Since this incident, I've called on Secure Remote Support twice (Once for spyware removal, and once to recover some data I'd lost when the other tech reinstalled everything) and they always deliver top quality service. They even offered me a promotion on optimization that I took advantage of. I like going to a company that values their customers and takes pride in the work they do, and Im glad I've finally found that company.
4/2/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the iYogi staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

1 Coupon for iYogi

No coupon code needed
Shop now at iYogi to save!
Go to iYogi