US Government's NSF

IRS-EIN-Application reviews

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

This is fake. You get your EIN number, sure, but THEY get your money for their "trouble" filing out the free form for you, on the site. Then, these people have your SSN, the deceased person's SSN, and your hard earned cash. These kind of sites should be shut down, not listed at the top off a google search.

Thank you SiteJabber!! So glad I found these other reviews! I was able to cancel my debit card before the $257 service fee went through... multiple emails, multiple calls. No response. Just get it for yourself the trouble! Thanks to all the brave folks who recorded their experience so the rest of us could learn at your expense <3

Paid $147 and never heard from anyone again. Appears to be an IRS website-is not. Do not proceed with application.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site. Paid in full and did not obtain EIN. Now reading other consumer ratings and found out others had the same experience.

Came very close to being scammed, because they make their site appear to be the government when it is not. This is a total con job. You can get a EIN for free INSTANTLY. There is NO REASON TO PAY A CENT TO ANYONE. - go to the site to do this.

This company is guilty of misleading business practices. I don't know why they are allowed to continue in business. Their URL reads IRS so you believe it's legitimately a government site. Why hasn't the attorney general's office filed charges?

I thought it was the IRS web site too. I called my credit card company 10 minutes later and I could not stop payment. I called them and I could tell by the tone of their voice this was not the first time they had mad callers. All they say is read the web site. We will not give you your money back. I was charged $249 for a number that is free from the IRS. I am not going to use it and see if I can get the IRS to do something. What kind of people have to rob people over the internet under the pretension of being the government?

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE IT IS A SCAM!!!!!!

I wish I had seen these reviews. I, too, thought it was an official site. The web address looks legit. I even double checked when it asked for payment. (Been a long time since I applied for an EIN. I didn't remember paying anything.) Bad enough that I've paid them, but they've got my credit card info AND my SSN. It's actually really scary.

Tip for consumers: BEWARE

They made themselves look like a government site and I filled out the info for the EIN. Then they charged my credit card $247. I though this was odd, but give them my info. cause I was in a hurry. I got the EIN the next day and found out later that it should have been free. Boy, did I get hosed.

After saying I would be charged $97.00 I got charged $197 for an ein number. I called the IRS and they said it should have been free. I called this company multiple times and emailed them with no answer.

I'd give them 0 stars if I could. I hate them. They make it loook like they're gov., but they aren't. They don't have an autofill option, so you take your time filling in the information. Then they hit you at the end with 150.00 payment owed. I hope the person that started the site gets cancer this year, because they lead you on. They odon't want to tell you that they will charge until you've already applied.

new URLs (some older) they have made since the old ones like irs-ein-application received dozens of scam reports
GovServices Corp. 2011

I love how on adsense, they actually allow this to keep happening. You go to these review sites which use adsense and read about scams committed by companies whom old ads and new ads are still dominately being displayed , probably because they are the highest bidder. My uncle was ripped off more than $150 from the original url, and they never refunded his money.

They took my ss number and creidt card info and I never heard anything back even though they said they would in a few minutes.
I didnt realize it wasnt the IRS, where you can get the inof for free in a few seconds.
Does anyone know if they are a complete fraud?

This website purports to be able to obtain an EIN number from the IRS for a dead person's estate. It charges $150 to do so. In fact, an EIN number is available from the IRS for FREE. In addition, any third party who tries to get an EIN number for an estate (that is, anyone other than the Executor) must have written authorization from the Executor to do so, and if lacking that, the third party is acting illegally. Therefire, is acting illegally in trying to provide this service.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the IRS-EIN-Application staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
4 weeks ago
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the IRS-EIN-Application staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?