US Government's NSF

Instacart reviews

33%
Categories: Grocery Delivery
San Francisco, California, USA

People interested in Instacart are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

cindit2
6/4/15

I sent this request to their support team. Im telling you people now what happened what I said and what I told them.

Since my order was cancelled, and the way the website layout is placed therefore, I can not write a review on cancelled orders. That is a request. But since I ca not I am still writing you now to tell you the experience I have had with this personal shopper Kenyada F.

Order all wrong AGAIN ! :

I was disappointed with the shopper Kenyada F. She was the worst shopper I had with instacart. If their were stars to mark in I would give her a poor. * She called my phone to tell me my food item was not available. And asked if I would like anything else. She suggested a bag of Kirkland chicken. I told her I was looking for 25-50 wings. She asked if I wanted it I said Yes ! She suggested that she take a picture. That was going to be my question. I said yes, take a picture that way I can see what Im purchasing and I can make a final decision. Their was a miscommunication with a bag of Kirkland chicken. An item that I do not purchase at all. She suggested she take a picture of the bag so I could see how it looked. I agreed. I asked her to take another picture of the back of the item to see the chicken more clear or send a picture showing just the wing. She was so sure I was purchasing the item, while we were discussing the chicken and the photographs she took it upon herself to decide what she think I should buy with my money. She did not close the agreement whether or not I would like the food item. I think she was very inconsiderate. She does not care what the customer wants This is the third time someone from your company has screwed with my order. This is ridiculous ! Two items ! I should not have to wait 7 days for a refund of my money because she does not want to get my order done correctly. *

mitchellc34
1/28/15

instacart is not cheap. they regularly mark-up prices. i have received boars head turkey slices with the store deli label on it for $9 and instacart charged me $13.49. thinking it was a mistake, their customer service confirmed it was business as usual. spice mark-ups are often even more.

jiraiyas
1/26/15

Given that I've had negative interactions with two employees of theirs now in the space of a week, I felt I needed to speak up. The most recent was yesterday afternoon at the Whole Foods in Potrero Hill. While grabbing bananas from the produce section, I ran into a woman blocking a narrow isle with her cart and talking on her phone. When I said "Excuse me" she glanced at me out of the corner of her eye, then proceeded to look away and ignore me as if she hadn't heard. A few minutes later I went to check out in the express lane with my bananas, and box from the salad bar and encountered the same woman again. She tried to push past me with about 20 different items in her cart, which I put a stop to, but rolled her eyes and ignored me when I pointed out the sign that said "8 Items or less". When she got to the next cashier, who politely scanned her goods despite the overloaded cart, I clearly overheard her tell them she was with Instacart.

While the Google Shopping employees I've encountered have always been upbeat and polite, Instacart's employees are as ignorant of proper etiquette when interacting with other shoppers, as Uber drivers are of the rules of the road!

nancya26
12/28/14

The reason for the "incompetent" service is that Instacart exploits it's workforce and as a former member of said workforce, I can tell you in all honesty that many of us have lost respect for this company. It's focus is on the bottom line for THEM and there is little to no culture of respect for either the workers or the customers. They are the epitome of our current narcissistic culture which puts personal and monetary gain above quality and human values.
Yes if you can afford it, it's convenient but know that there is little integrity in this organization.

tm48
10/22/14

So, I had my first Instacart experience here in Atlanta recently and I'm a bit ticked off.

Now, I know that they have got to make money off more than the delivery fee, so I expect that there is a margin built into the prices I see online. But when I agree to pay $6.99 for a pound of ground beef, and the beef comes marked with a "special price" of $4.99, I send Customer Service a note asking if they are really pocketing the difference, or are going to credit me.

Their rep comes back and says that they can't offer credits for sale prices, so they just made at least a 40% markup on that item. At the end of the day, I know I'm paying for convenience. But that seems a little rich. How many items, without a price marked on them, did I also just get jacked on?

Also, I'm guessing that Instacart pockets the loyalty rewards and discounts from my local Kroger, and that they are somehow getting some of the back-end from the store as well.

Will I use them again? Sparingly, and only in a pinch. Can I wait for Amazon to enter my market? Nope - the sooner the better.

todds34
10/20/14

What seems to have started as a great service has become a nightmare. There shoppers here in Chicago have become increasingly lazy and, well, incompetent. They replace items with anything they think might be close (despite requests for specific replacements); ask for a pound of ham or cheese or anything from the deli and you will probably get some other weight--sometimes 2 pounds; sometimes a quarter of a pound.

When you complain about the service they make false promises of a "free delivery on your next order." SAVE THAT E-MAIL, because when you place your next order they will not only charge you the delivery fee, but then deny they ever told you you were entitled to a free order.

rosal79
10/17/14

I love instacart !! Follow this link and get 10 dollars off !! https://www.instacart.com/store?code=RLEGER1&utm_campaign=off4&utm_medium=facebook

Or use this code : RLARK1 to get 5 dollars off :)

ajv
5/22/14

Instacart is great. I love using their product a lot.

dylanc18
5/14/14

Instacart is the f'ing tits. I love using their service. It's awesome.

davidr86
3/2/14

I want to give Instacart a good review, because when it works it's a great service.

However, I wouldn't recommend giving them your business. I tried to place an order, there was an error with Instacart's site, and I got message telling me my payment had failed.

The charge still posted to my bank account. Never got groceries, never got as far as confirmation screen. Just gave Instacart $176.56 for nothing.

This was three days ago. There is no listed phone number to contact any kind of support for Instacart (go ahead, look for it), only an email address.

In three days, I have only gotten platitudes and put-offs from the customer service reps who answer that email address who seem unwilling or unable to understand the problem and assurances that "they understand my frustrations."

In the meantime, not only do I not have my groceries, I am also missing the money entirely until they get around to canceling the charge, so I can't use it to buy groceries elsewhere.

Great idea completely ruined by poorly tested software.

johnsonr10
9/16/13

Careful using Instacart: it seems like their products are the same price as in the store and then you just pay them for shipping, but it's not always true. I wanted to buy something at Trader Joe's, and I noticed the price seemed a bit high so I decided to call the local store. The local store was 20%+ less. I was planning on buy 10 items, so that would have been an extra $15 I would have had to pay on top of their shipping cost. Instacart is a good idea but I think they should be clearer about their pricing.

hansonu
8/5/13

Instacart gives you awesome and cheap grocery delivery from major supermarkets. I don't have a car so picking up heavy things like olive oil and bags of potatoes can be a real pain. But with Instacart, if you spend over $35 it's only $3.99 for delivery in under two hours during regular store business hours. And you can get it even faster for more money (I've never done this though). I don't think it's available in every city yet, but if it's available in your city, I'd definitely give it a try.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Instacart staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Why am I not seeing any options for delivery for my order today. I have placed prior orders from the same store being sent to the same address without issue. Today All I see are puck-up times. Hey, If I could pick-up the groceries why would I be going to Instacart??? What the heck is going on???
5/4/15
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Instacart staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Instacart?