US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jamesm305

We have been together 3 months and I hope we make it work . (in 6 reviews)

acurtisnj

I have actually met some really awesome people from OKC. (in 31 reviews)

darrenm23

When I was on match I was getting flirts from girls who had not even looked at my profile.:(((
(in 28 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

hayleyl4
5/18/16

I read all of the reviews and thought I'd do a bit of investigating for a blog I'm writing (plus I'm single and love American accents, win win!). I think the site has loads of potential but unfortunately there aren't many members. What people have to remember is that's is a very niche thing to be looking for so you won't have hundreds of potential matches like on Okcupid etc. it's a shame it isn't more popular as it is could be great. Maybe if it wasn't a chargeable service to message and flirt and they relied on advertising like other sites for revenue they'd be more popular, or giving a few months free or heavily discounted to bolster the numbers a bit in its early stages. It is a great idea and hopefully it will pick up a bit

as3309
2/1/16

I agree with most of the reviews of this site - I can't prove it, but I believe there are a lot of fake profiles used to draw people in. I was even writing back and forth with a couple of men who said they were very interested and wanted my phone number, especially right before my subscription was to be renewed. Then the letters stopped and the ones I sent sat unopened. You also get "flirts" from people - so you write to them - and they don't write back. Probably staff. And yes, the positive reviews here are mostly sent all in the same day. It's too bad, it would be a good idea to have a site that caters to across the pond, but beware of this one. Some people have no conscience and think its fun to play on other's hopes.

veroniquem
1/19/16

When I opened a account I had issues from the start whereby my location was showing as US not UK. When I asked for this to be fixed on more than 3 occasions with a promise from customer service they were looking into it the issue was never fixed. I was charged for a service that was never provided. After giving up ever getting help from customer service I tried to delete my account but there was no obvious place to do so.

I emailed customer service and my exact wording 'I want to delete my account. But as expected your help page was just as useless as the service!' received a disgusting email back with racist comments:

"From: I love your accent <admin@iloveyouraccent.com>
To: ...
Sent: Friday, 30 September 2011, 19:47
Subject: Re: Delete my account

You might get results talking to the Bloody Caffers like that, but to get our help, you will need to change your attitude. You might want to change that unfortunate pic on your Facebook profile, we can see why you have not had any luck.

elizabeths113
12/19/15

I signed up and after a month wanted to call it quits. I emailed the admin because I could find no way to cancel my subscription myself. I never received a response and was charged for another month. I then hid my profile, thinking this would stop the payments (don't know why I thought that). I was charged AGAIN. I sent another email and this time got a nasty reply "We told you before to stop the payments through paypal." Checked my email three times and no reply was ever received. I found out how to cancel future payments through paypal and then my account was immediately back in Standard status (no messaging, etc) but I had already been charged for the month. The rudest customer service I have ever dealt with as they insisted that they responded to me even though I sent them the email thread of no reply. Still waiting for a refund for this month since I have no access to Premium member features. BEWARE!

gradyr4
11/30/15

In the short time that I have been on the site, I've made several connections with real women here in my area and have had a couple of meetings in person which turned out great!. The layout of the website is refreshing and navigating through the member profiles is fun and user friendly..100% recommend and well worth the membership!!!

lauraj43
11/28/15

I signed up, and not only did they charge me double for 3 months, now they WILL NOT STOP TAKING MONEY OUT OF MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT! I emailed them in June 2015 to cancel my subscription and received a reply from Lola that she would forward this to accounts immediately. I was charged again in August 2015. I emailed again and was reassured that it would be handled. It is now NOVEMBER AND I'VE BEEN CHARGED AGAIN!!! Do not send these people your money - ever!!! If anyone knows how to cancel my subscription, please let me know - there is NO PLACE on their website to do that!!!!

lennyj5
10/15/15

The site worked for us.Nicer people on here than some hook up sites. Just wanted to ad my opinion for what it's worth and good luck.

graces43
9/24/15

I am so happy with I love your accent. I have finally meet someone who actually wants a proper relationship and not just an ego boost or casual hook up.

ginaf13
9/19/15

3 months and 2 meetings . One was a waste of time and the other is my soul mate hopefully . Early days and a lot of weird hours so we can talk.
I was going to give it 6 months but looks like I might have found my Prince Charming early.

rhettd2
9/13/15

I asked I loveyouraccent for a refund as I am retired Met Police Pensioner and was contacted by a woman earning more than 100k a year, this was to sucker me into joining.
I asked for a refund politely and was immediately insulted and told I was a scammer.

I sent the 20 year old a pleasant message saying I am too old but your profile is great, If either of the two profiles exist and I doubt it I feel had.

It is very unprofessional of the site admin to reveal my message in public, I am contacting the Florida Attorney general about this.

I am the one who paid money and feel cheated. Lola or whoever offered to send my messages to The Daily Telegraph, a national newspaper, I said I stand by what I said.

I am the one who paid money, and I am the scammer. As I retired from Scotland Yard I leave the readers to judge.

Less than one star.

jamesm305
8/21/15

Reading the reviews here makes me wonder how I managed to make it work. Average guy here looking for not so average girl. I found her in Newcastle England . We have been together 3 months and I hope we make it work . Thank you I love your accent

darrenm22
8/10/15

I was only on there for 2 months and met someone, not just someone but someone real and nice. Its all about how you approach it, I was giving it a 5 star but somehow it went to 4! Match was a waste of time and so was EHarmony for me anyway.

darrenm23
8/10/15

I like this website, I joined back when it first started and there were just a handful of members. People slowly began to join but it took time. What I find very odd is when a brand new dating site bursts into the web with a million members, how did that happen, how do you get members when no one has heard of the site? My guess is that they buy them or are part of a site sharing set up.
This site does not have as many members as some do but I think it's genuine aside from the occasional African scammer that slips through. Look at the reviews for every dating site, they are all the same, at least here people are looking for the same thing.
I was in a relationship with a girl I met here for almost 2 years before you all think I am a loser.
Good luck

karenr65
7/28/15

I was a paying member for quite a while & I just didn't find the quality guys on there -- AT ALL. I took a two-year break & forgot what crap it was & paid AGAIN. Within 24 hours, I asked if I could just get a refund & then I stopped getting communication from the admins. So disappointing because this COULD have been a great idea.

moniquen3
7/26/15

Do not sign up for this site, definitely do not give them ANY of your money. I've filed with the BBB of FL, where Rochelle Peachey and her scamming husband are located. The profiles? Fake. The messages and flirts you receive the first two days of signing up? Staff. My bank had to block access from these people just to stop them from taking money after I asked them to cancel. It's insane. There's even a Twitter account that tells you how to file complaints with the Better Business Bureau of FL and even gives you the mailing address. Good luck.

pc55
6/7/15

Hi, it's been 3 days since I emailed admin@iloveyouraccent.com regarding the website issue of my login not working and I still have not received a response. I even included a screenshot of the error message. I figure there is a problem with the website. Today I tried the button that sends you your username and password if you forget and it gave an error that my email address was not registered. My profile and photo is still up there if you search. I am assuming there is something wrong with the website code. Nobody has bothered to contact me back. Perhaps this is just a one man show and the owner is on vacation?

gc27
5/23/15

I recently joined the site and became dubious straight away due to the poor quality pictures on some of the profiles and the speed of which people took a shine to me.

I proceeded to test things out by winking several users who were standard members. Amazingly, within minutes, these users turned premium and messaged me. The users are constantly online it seems which makes it even more unbelievable. They are clearly taking advantage of people looking for love. It is a disgrace and must be stopped.

joj51
4/19/15

please report immediately this site to national fraud & cyber crime center..ive started the reports for my own account i just need a bit more support from a few more people. i will also make a page on the social media so every one can know about them. thank you to everyone.

sharonm80
3/26/15

In response to Sara d, if that's even your name. I had several responses immediately after signing up and when I responded to them did not hear from any again, I have experience with dating sites and this just does not happen. I have also noticed how several positive reviews are always left on the same day - what are the chances of that? So OBVIOUSLY fake. You have responded to one gentleman and revealed personal information about his sexual preferences here! Unbelievable.

Tip for consumers: Check out older positive reviews left here and see they are all left on the same date, bit of an extreme coincidence!

powerss
11/23/14

Like all dating websites there are a few African scammers but they are easy to spot.
My time on this site was so so initially but after a month of chatting to various females I finally found the one, well she found me to be truthful.
My advice or tip would be to give it at least 2 months of your time and wink at everyone who you like the look of, some will answer some might not.
Anyone who called me Dearly beloved was deleted immediately lol
I am happy because I found what I was looking for, feel free to email me .
Powers.

powsilverton@gmx.com

Tip for consumers: Give it a chance....dont give up

lauriev3
10/20/14

Had been playing on this site for a few months and I just connected with someone who seems to be the one....it's early days but fingers crossed. I had fun on this site. Thank you .

Tip for consumers: Be specific.

dees34
10/14/14

I never write reviews! But i felt obligated after i found my beautiful Irish princess on this site! After just 2 weeks of navigating through the site, browsing profiles and chatting back and forth with a variety of European women, i finally found a connection with a young lady who im planning to meet in January. Ive had bad experiences with christian mingle and a couple of other sites but I love your accent is one i would certainly recommend!

joshuas51
10/13/14

Most profiles are fake. I got a lot of emails until I signed up and paid to read them. Then the people stopped replying. The fake profikes wouldn't share any outside contact info. I emailed to cancel my account as I can't find a way to do it online (I have canceled via paypal) and magically I started getting emails again from people all apologizing for taking so long to reply. These replies were generic and you could tell they didn't read my emails.

Total scam for the most part. Some people may actually find someone else who is a real member of the site but it is not likely. I will look elsewhere.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site.

reevea
10/10/14

This is short and sweet. I was asked for a testimonial and I will just say that I might have been lucky or maybeI am not too picky with a list as long as my arm about my ideal girl .
Found what I was looking for after 4 months of messaging,

josephinep2
9/8/14

When josephine met Alex
Nothing to say but thankyou, i've got my soul mate.

estherl17
9/1/14

Love my Brit guy, not a bad deal for $30, found him in 2 months!

Never had any problems here, would be happy to recommend
Good luck

Tip for consumers: Make sure you flirt if you see someone who takes your fancy lol

gabrielh19

My testimonial.
Hi there
I just wanted to thank you for putting up this site. I joined in 2012 Gabby (GabbyH) and met Alan (ALUK) within 3 weeks.
We chatted on your messenger and then the phone and then skype, after 6 months we met in person and that was it!
It has been almost 2 years now , Alan moved to the States, we welcomed our first child, a baby boy in June and we were finally married last week.he's my perfect love match, I'll love him forever and he feels the same, without your site I would never have found him and wouldn't have my precious baby boy.
Thank you forever.

olivial3
8/18/14

I met my British husband here a year ago, since then a friend of his has started dating a girl he met on the site.
They asked me for a testimonial so here it is ...... Love you guys.

angeliquem1
8/18/14

Last attempt guys, you are making this pretty tough.
my name is Angelique , I met my guy on this site a year ago .
We instant messaged and then used viber to chat, I went to see him in Yorkshire Englandafter 2 months.
fast forward, we were married August 3.
thanks ilya, without ya we would not be together.

richarda51
8/15/14

I met my American wife here 18 months ago. Thought it was pretty cool, have recommended to friends.

kimberlya11
8/14/14

I wish I had checked the reviews before I signed up. It just sounded like fun and the price was reasonable. After receiving messages from several men who expressed deep interest in taking a step forward they all suddenly stopped sending messages. I thought that was a little UNUSUAL!. Also, I could never upload additional photos, only the one profile photo. I sent numerous messages to "administration" asking for assistance but never received a reply. I had signed up for 3 months and decided that it was not working out so I checked to be sure that my account was not set to auto renew. I it was not and there was a notice that my subscription was due to expire August 12. So I was quite surprised on August 12th to see that my bank account was debited for another 3 months. I notified Pay Pal that this was not authorized and now I am receiving daily rude emails from "administration" saying that I lied to Pay Pal etc... very, very rude and unprofessional. They said they are blocking my account (ok, I didn't want it anyway) and that Pay Pal is holding my money. Who are these crazy people!!! I hope Pay Pal realizes that they are just a great big FRAUD!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE. IT IS A BIG FRAUD AND THEN A BIG FIGHT TO TRY TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK!

shannons22
6/26/14

OK so I did not meet Prince Charming but I did meet 3 guys from this site when I visited the UK earlier this year. They were all pretty real!
Sometimes you get back what you give out, and as a business owner myself I hate that anyone can leave an anonymous bad review whether true or not, be cool people and say what you have to say and sign your good name to it.
Who really runs here and says hey I love that dating site..? The site out there that masquerades as a higher power finding love for you is the worst for fakes, blame God I guess.
Anyway, that is my input and my name is here for all of you to see. I ain't hiding from nothing just telling it like I see it. Still single but still trying.

amelyap1
6/9/14

Have you noticed how all the positive reviews are on the same day, Of course its the staff writing the good reviews. Totally fake site, dreadful experience.

michelled30
4/30/14

AWFUL! They cut my account off in February after I claimed their site was fake and they didn't refund a dime of my money even after I filed with PayPal. The automatic payment of $30.00 was then deducted a few days back even though it was cancelled with PayPal and so I filed another claim and they are fighting back on not returning my money. If my money is not returned to me I will be filling with them in court in Florida and will need other people like everyone below to back me up. If this gets big enough we can all sue them for what belongs to us. In the event this happens I will be contacting some people below. Thank you so much! And good luck with these people. I hope they get shutdown soon.

marianm3
4/16/14

Very bad experience and scared by some of the other reviews. I get the distinct impression that many of the profiles are fake (and they all seem to be too good-looking). Nobody replies to you more than once or twice, if they send you an email address it doesn't work, the video uploader on the site does not work. I haven't been able to "chat" to anyone and now I have read on one of the reviews that they keep on billing you and you can't get out of it, which has scared me. I will warn the bank not to make any payments to them via PayPal or I will take my bank account off of PayPal, at least temporarily. The only contact address is an email address. I don't think I have any chance of meeting anyone genuine on this site because I'm not sure if there are any genuine people on it.

andreaa15
4/4/14

DO NOT sign up this website. The content is ok however as I have seen I am not the only person to be scammed by the automatic repayment. I sent an email to the site on the same day as my renewal to cancel it ( a legally binding email)) which was ignored and got very rude unprofessionsl one line answers as another reviewer has noted. I am taking this further as obviously it is not just myself who has encountered problems. Use the free site but DO NOT sign up!! SCAM

aniac
1/26/14

Guys run! Do not sign in there do not subscribe!!! Profiles are fake!! People talk to you once a week and never ever want to exchange email or Skype etc! I been on many social sites and fair enough some people not want to connect for a while unti l they get to know other person. But here they 'll express interest like once a week but never want to speak outside the site! If it was 2-3 people I understand but not all of them!!
Plus admin answered my message to certain member and then pretend that it was just a online misteake?!
W

marieg6
1/24/14

There should be a no star for this dating site. I cannot believe that this site has not been shut down already. Half the profiles there are fake and the every time the admin is on the same profiles pop up and will send you a one line email. Total waste of time and money. You cannot delete your profile from this site and it is a nightmare to get a cancellation done. Stay clear everyone ! Good reviews are from the admin team. FAKE ! FAKE ! FAKE !

runnerr
1/9/14

I feel like any positive reviews here are probably planted by the staff! Almost no one is online at any given time and heaven forbid you want to try and cancel your account or take down your profile - BECAUSE YOU CAN'T. Run. Run now. These people are frauds. Once you create a profile, you can't delete it or discontinue payments to them. You have to contact PayPal (I don't even have a PayPal account!) and force a stop further payment request. When I contacted the ILYA web team on that email address that they provide, the staff (and owner!) were hostile and rude and threatening and refused to take down my profile! I'm pretty sure they only want to keep it so they can pathetically and fraudulently boast more numbers than they really have - a bit of a digital hostage-taking. Also, it appears that the owner takes to posting private information about paying customers on the internet when she's angry about their complaints (I've seen this after Googling other reviews). YIKES.

michellep20
1/6/14

I think the only good reviews for this site must come from the staff itself. A one star review is too good for them. I emailed them about cancelling my membership and received a completely rude response,....especially after trying to dispute my charge via PayPal (which is when they actually responded to my initial email about cancelling). We are paying them OUR money to keep them employed, so you the least they can do is respond as if they have any customer service skills at all. AVOID WEBSITE AT ALL COST!! THEY ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE WHO WOULD LIKE HELP DATING VIA A WEBSITE!!!!

rippedo10
11/4/13

Every bad thing you've ever read about this site is true. There is no way to cancel membership on the web site, they suggest rather that you discontinue payments via PayPal. The problem with that is that people who don't have a PayPal account can't login and do this. PayPal told me that ILYA had to cancel my membership and discontinue payments from their end and they refuse to do it. I started this process weeks ago as my 3 month membership is up on the 15th of November. The first response I got from ILYA was immediate telling me to go through PayPal. My response informing ILYA of what PayPal said got no reply...ever. I resent it a few days later and still nothing. Resent it the next day, no response. Sent the same email 20 (yes) 20 times to irritate them into responding to me. I got a reply saying "Why have you sent the same email 20 times?" but nothing on my actual problem. I've now reported them to the BBB, Attorney General of Florida and Illinois. They are total scam artists and the site itself is horrid. The layout is awful, there aren't many members at all, and it looks more like an AOL personal page from 1997 than it does a 'professional' web site. I can't wait until they're shut down.

ellai
10/30/13

This website is a total FRAUD! Avoid! There are other dating sites (that are real and have legit members on them) that are actually free of charge like POF. The owners of I Love Your Accent are malicious and greedy. They make up a bunch of fake profiles on there. It is laughable. Everytime Rochelle, the owner, is logged in, all her fake little troll profiles are logged in too. What's even more disgusting is they will send messages to members from the fake profiles acting interested. Then when the conversation rolls around to exchanging numbers or email addresses, the fake profile goes silent. It's obvious they're fake because they only have 1 pic and all the fake profiles are written the same way. Rochelle is very rude and so are her "staff" members, but it's possible that she is making up a bunch of various different names when replying to emails.. I can't imagine that this company has many employees working for it! It's such a flop! This website is bogus. I actually felt violated being a member because I kept getting the fake emails from the fake profiles that they have on their site.. asking me questions about myself, etc. If you contact customer care, they are very nasty and defensive if you ask them about why the reviews say their site has fake profiles on it. They are extremely RUDE, unkind, and are just flat out liars. This site should be taken down. It is a fraud, PERIOD!

biratp
10/24/13

This website has been the best speed dating experience I've run into.

marlob
10/24/13

Just wanted to let you know I had a blast on this site. It was much more fun than I expected.

annabellen
10/24/13

Quality people and so much fun. This is a speed dating website that I wanted all along.

johnc182
10/24/13

I was so skeptical about this website at first, but this was truly great!

asikl

Deserve 5 Star

jewelr4

Xlassical Dating Website

ishitas1
10/23/13

To me it's been working OK, really like the chat and design.
I did report a few fake profiles. Guess they maneged to filter those out now, not seeing any of those Africans or whatnot any longer.

Ask I$#*!a about ILoveYourAccent
johnd215

finding date on this site is very easy you can get in less than 50 clicks

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the ILoveYourAccent staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
10/24/15
Answer
sarad21
A: No problems here, please email us directly so we can help
10/24/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the ILoveYourAccent staff and other customers.
ILoveYourAccent?