US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

alexp9

I had my first encounter with a relatively condescending customer service rep. (in 243 reviews)

oxanad

Overall, I'm very happy with ideeli.com and will order again! (in 348 reviews)

irinat

I returned the dress expecting money credited back on my card but they gave only store credit. (in 47 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

maryc16
7/1/11

I use to have great service from this site until recently. I ordered some shoes and hadn't received them. Finally tracked them down and they were returned as undeliverable. Normally they ship UPS but they changed their policy, they now use USPS. I don't have my regular mail delivered to my home, I use a po box. On their site, you have to use a street address and they don't allow PO boxes. I contacted Ideeli and I was told to have my deliveries sent to a friend or relatives house. I explaned I live 30 minutes away from my nearest friend or relative. What sense does that make? Ideeli is using USPS for shipping, why not allow the customer to use their PO Box as a shipping address? I was told, they would refund my membership money but they weren't going to change their policy to allow shipments to a PO box. What an inconvenience and a stupid policy change. I know I'm not the only one who this will effect. Unless it is something I truly want, I will probably never shop their again. Too bad, I really liked the site

Mary

jenniferw12
6/30/11

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE, POSSIBLY ILLEGAL.

ideeli Member Specialist: Welcome to ideeli – how can I help you today?
ME: Hi
ME: i keep getting emails saying that my payment isn't processing
ME: but I called my credit card
ME: and they said they authorized a charge on monday
Communication with the RightNow Chat service has been lost. Please
wait while attempts are made to restore the connection.
Disconnection in 240 seconds.
Connection resumed.
ideeli Member Specialist: Is regarding a specific order?
ME: yes
ideeli Member Specialist: May I have the order number so I can look
into this for you?
ME: one sec
ME: 22933830
ideeli Member Specialist: Yes it looks as though the order has failed
authorization and the order needs to be updated
ME: ok but, the credit card said it authorized the payment
ideeli Member Specialist: When? The last attempt at authorizing the
card was today at 11:03
ME: it said on 4/25
ideeli Member Specialist: And that authorization failed
ME: a payment was authorized for 255.95
ideeli Member Specialist: Since a item was closed from the order, a
new amount was needed to be authorized and that is when it failed
ME: an item was closed?
ideeli Member Specialist: yes
ideeli Member Specialist: SASAKI Kyoto 12" Hors Doeurves I
ME: so, the order is now lower?
ME: the total amount?
ME: can you please refund the earlier charge?
ideeli Member Specialist: You were never charged
ME: that is not what my credit card says.
ideeli Member Specialist: Only authorized
ME: ok- when will that be removed
ideeli Member Specialist: Did the amount say "Pending" next to it?
ideeli Member Specialist: On your card
ME: yes
ME: but that affects my available credit
ME: which is why the lower amount cannot go through
ideeli Member Specialist: It will be restored
ME: when
ideeli Member Specialist: You can let your bank know they can drop it
ME: umm
ME: that sounds unreliable
ideeli Member Specialist: It normally takes 3 to 5 business days
ME: ok well this is incedibly annoying
ME: since i paid the full amount
ME: why can't you guys just refund the amount of the
item that was dropped?
ME: and also, why was it dropped?
ideeli Member Specialist: You have not been charged so you have not
paid anything as of yet
ME: well, the pending amount could have been cancelled
by you guys.
ME: i shouldn't have to do that
ME: nor do i expect they will take it off b/c i say so,
unless the merchant verifies that it is no longer holding those funds.
ideeli Member Specialist: Its all don't automatically we do not
manually authorize cards
ideeli Member Specialist: done
ME: well, all i can tell you is, i paid the order, then
i got another email saying an item was no longer available, then i got
another email saying my card had been declined
ME: with no explanation
ME: of why it was now declined after being approved.
ME: that's pretty terrible customer service from my standpoint
ME: b/c now i had to call my credit card, now you guys,
and now i will have to call them again
ideeli Member Specialist: I do apologize but the card information must
be updated before the order can be processed completely
ME: it doesn't need to be updated, the pending charge
needs to drop
ME: so it would have been nice if ideeli had informed
me what was happening
ME: rather than assuming i would know that the original
charge was voided and then i was recharged the new total
ME: which i have never seen before from a retailer
ideeli Member Specialist: I do apologize for any confusion
ME: Here is what it says in the email:
ME: Please note we don't charge your credit card until
your order actually ships, so you were not billed for this product.
ME: that couldn't be less informative
ME: it doesn't indicate any of what happened
ideeli Member Specialist: The card was declined
ME: b/c you were already holding the charge once
ME: may i speak with a manager please?
ME: hello?
ideeli Member Specialist: There is not one available, but you may
certainly call us at 1-888-835-1719
ME: you saying "the card was declined" as though you
had no understanding of what i was saying was really unhelpful, thank
you.
ideeli Member Specialist: Thank you for using ideeli's Live Chat today
—if you ever have any other questions, feel free to email us at
support@ideeli.com. Thanks for being a part of ideeli!
ideeli Member Specialist has disconnected.

ninau
6/26/11

HORRIBLY DISGUSTING "QUALITY CONTROL" & CUSTOMER SERVICE

Sent me a damaged dress. Told me I could exchange it, and then by the time they got back to me they told me they ran out. How could they run out when the sale has been over for weeks? I SMELL BS!! Unless other people are trying to exchange their damaged dresses. It wouldn't surprise me. BAD QUALITY CONTROL

Plus, I always feel like I'm getting some generic run-around response from them. They never put their name on their e-mails, so I am probably talking to several different reps that don't even read the previous e-mails, nor do they give a sh^t. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

bridgetter
6/25/11

For the most part I've been satisfied with my purchases. That being said, I have had a few unpleasant purchases as well! Most recently I purchased a Bamboo shoe rack. Was so excited when it arrived, that is until I opened it! Clearly this item was previously purchased and returned damaged and missing instructions as well as hardware needed to put it together! It was a non returnable item! I can see why! My advice is be careful of what you purchase especially non returnable items!

monp
6/25/11

At first glance this website seems a dream come true and I guess if I had read the reviews before ordering something from this website I would just have decided not to... Well I've learned my lesson and never again...

1. Order 2 dresses in early May did not received it till late June
2. Dresses were way to big than advertised
3. I cannot exchange the items to a smaller size
4. I cannot get a refund store credit only
5. Brand names...???? Quality Low the only high quality are the price tags
6. Paid for shipping & handling.....(endless is Free shipping, arrives within 2-3 business days and we can receive a full refund for any item)

Yes I would not recommend this site to anyone unless you don't mind the above...

joycey
6/23/11

in-$#*!ing-credible. not just terrible service, but DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS.

so, i purchase a bag from ideeli, and it arrives with the purse strap attached backwards. i like the bag overall, but i don't want a defective bag, so i contact them asking if they will send me a new, non-defective bag if i send back the defective one. they tell me that in order for me to get a non-defective replacement bag, i have to buy a new bag with my credit card - they claimed that once I sent them back the defective bag, they would issue me a refund to my card. i'm not too thrilled about putting another $65 on my credit card, but at this point i naively trust that they will do what they say, so i go ahead and buy a second bag. i mail the first defective bag back to them, and after a few days, they issue STORE CREDIT to my card. for a defective bag. i email them about it, and after a mess of emails (completely incompetent customer service that doesn't seem to understand regular english) they inform me that because i initially bought the bag with store credit, they could only give me store credit back. NEVER MIND THAT I ALREADY PAID AN EXTRA $65 ON MY CREDIT CARD TO OBTAIN A REPLACEMENT BAG. i bring their attention to this fact, and they FINALLY agree to issue me a refund, but claim that it is a ~one time special deal~ because i am a ~valuable customer~ NOT BECAUSE THEY MESSED UP THE FIRST TIME. today, i received the new bag that i purchased with my credit card. IT HAS A DEFECTIVE STRAP ON IT.

1. i haven't gotten the refund that they promised
2. i've emailed them about the SECOND defective bag and they haven't even had the decency to generate an automatic reply acknowledging that they received my email.

like i said, IN-$#*!ING-CREDIBLE. i am definitely never shopping there again, and am very sad about the hundreds of dollars i've pumped into their scam. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

janetw5
6/16/11

I have had multiple issues with this site and thought at last the issues had been resolved, but they keep happening. Where do I begin? First of all, a dormant site which had not been used in a year was opened when I logged in (not by any prompting of mine) and then placed an order not realizing it was my "real" account. The account was closed after I received the order and alerted customer service I wanted to return the items. However, when I sent the dresses back, they sent them back to me as I don't have access to re-print the return label anymore.
Also, I was just charged an additional $9.00 for shipping on one item that was backordered and should have been shipped on the initial order. Now I feel I have to go back and check each order to see if I have been double/triple billed on the shipping charges!!

Get it together Ideeli!! Giltgroupe charges $5.95 for shipping all the time, once per order!!!

Janet

sheilas4
6/14/11

I ordered 3 shirts a pair of jeans and my wedding gown big mistake of my life. The quality of all the items was so poor that I could have gone to Walmart and found better. The shirts were paper thin and wedding gown was the same and it was supposed to be a 300 dollars gown. Should have known better when cost of gown was only $79 dollars. Jeans were wrong size. This company is the worst online shopping experience I have ever had. They won't refund my money. They want to give me store credit now why would I want store credit when their clothes are such poor quality and I will NEVER shop with them again. Their shipping is a scam they charge you UPS rates but it gets delivered by USPS on top of that it takes them months to get your order. Stay away from this company very far away!!!

alyy
6/9/11

If i could give them 0 stars...i would.

I have ordered a pair of sandals from Ideeli.com on May 1st, 2011 -- It is not June 9, 2011 & I still have not received my sandals. I contacted their customer service through that chat, the 1st person I spoke to just kept replying "i'm sorry, i understand your concerns" to my question when am I going to receive my order??

Their policy is, you may return an item within 14 days from the day it shipped. Well...I placed my order on May 1, it was never actually shipped until May 11th, & has been sitting in California since May 18th (& is still there to this day).

I don't want a credit. I just want my money back. What makes them think I want a credit & go through this hassle again?? I dont. It's ridiculous.

I don't care that I live in Hawaii. Any other place you order something online, it does not take over a month to receive!!

ajb2
6/9/11

I purchased through Ideeli only to find that the item I wanted was no longer available. I emailed Ideeli and got a NON-RESPONSe that simply reiterated the policies. In other words, I was screwed. And, NO, I did not want anything else on the vendor site.

lorah
6/9/11

Firstly, i used to have a great experience with IDEELI until yesterday.

#26395659: I receieved this package and something is missing. I reported it, i still havent heard from them yet.

#26719627: This was cancelled due to failure to authorize since i am overseas, i cannot get my card at home in the USA to authorize it. I am on a business trip right now, so i didnt realize what was happening to my ideeli account.

The online chat staff Jessica has an attitude and after talking to her for 15 mins (very frustrating convo), all i got was sorry the items are not available anymore. WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME IN THE FIRST PLACE!?
Aren't the staff suppose to help u buy things and not trying to stop you or making it REALLY difficult? AND the online staff blamed it on "the situation being confusing".. NOW THAT- is confusing!
I really like the stuff on that order and it just make me angry because I am a customer and a fly to be shooed off.
I wish there is MORE flexibility and understanding. More listening then trying to NOT help customers and stop being robotic and have some human element and compassion in their customer service.
I work for a magazine and i will make sure this is told to other ppl. i found this site and it is great research.

sheilar
6/7/11

STAY AWAY FROM IDEELI.COM!!! Ideeli is an unorganized and potentially dishonest business, stay away! Not only did it take a month for my 4 items to arrive, then they were such poor quality and not as shown on the site. I immediately returned all 4 and I've only been credited for 2 of the items!!! I've followed up on this issue five times over the last month and a half, and still no credit for the other 2 items! They say they are investigating the shipping, however all 4 items were shipped back to them in one package, and they clearly received the package because they have refunded me for 2 of the returned items! Ideeli is completely unorganized and slow and so poor on customer service that I will NEVER use them again and hope you don't either. The horrible customer service is enough reason not to promote such businesses, not to mention the major delay in shipping you items and poor quality of many of their clothing items.

waldemard
5/24/11

Let me begin by saying I have NEVER had a more horrible experience with an Internet merchant than the one I had with ideeli. I recently joined the site after watching my girlfriend buy from ideeli a few times. Last Wednesday (05/18), I placed 2 orders: the first was a Kosta Boda vase for my sister's 30th b-day, and a second order for gifts I had to make in the coming weeks (weddings and b-days). This 2nd order had 4 items in it (2 Kosta Boda items and 2 Oggi items). The 1st order was to be shipped to Phoenix directly and the 2nd one was to be shipped to me in Atlanta.

Lets start with order #1. On Thursday (05/19), I received an email from ideeli saying one of the items for order #2 had shipped. I went to the website to check the status of the package. To my surprise, order #2 was shown as cancelled. I never received an email telling me this. I then tried to open order #2 in my account. What did I find? Of 4 items I ordered, 3 of them had been removed from the order. The only thing that was shown was the item they had shipped (a Kosta Boda item).

I contacted Customer Service via chat on Saturday (05/21) for the first time. They couldn't help me, so my issue was referred to a supervisor. I was told I would get an email explaining everything ASAP. On Monday (05/23) in the afternoon, I tried the live chat again to get an update. No update was available. I decided to send an email, as they claim they respond within 4 hours (on average!). On Tuesday (05/24), I tried the chat yet again. This time the agent told me he was going to forward my problem to a supervisor . . . wait what??? Wasn't that done already 3 days ago?

When I got home Tuesday night, the package that was sent on the 19th had arrived. What did I find when I opened it? A broken Kosta Boda glass figure. I swear, at this point, I wanted to punch a wall. I tried calling the number the agent had given me earlier. What a joke! It went to a voicemail. I didn't bother leaving a message. I got back on the live chat, but this time I just let the agent know what a horrible service ideeli provided. He/she told me how sorry he/she was about everything (bla bla bla!) and told me I would be getting a return label for my broken item. All I had to do was put everything in the box again, tape it, drive to the post office and spend my gas money, wait in the eternal line there, and ship it back to them. After 4-5 days, I would be getting my refund. Sure, why wouldn't I do all this for ideeli, considering how great they have been to me throughout this whole experience?

ideeli, you are by far the WORST merchant I have dealt with in the last 15 years. Oh wait, I did get $35 to spend on a future order. Let me think about that one for a second . . .

At the end of the day, I have spent close to 8 hours dealing with this @#$%. What do I have to show for it? Absolutely nothing! Every product I ordered was cancelled or removed from my orders. And now I have to drive to the post office (on my time and dime!) so that I can get credit for an item they shipped and that was broken. Please, stay away from ideeli. My girlfriend, after watching me go thru this, has sweared she will never order from the again. Same thing with my 2 sisters. And you know what? They will get more of their friends to stop ordering from this website. Again, stay away! Customer service sucks! I even ask their agent to pass along my phone number to one of their supervisors/managers so that I could really tell him/her how I feel about this whole situation. I wonder what will happen next . . .

Boycott ideeli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vn3
5/24/11

Here's my experience.
My teenage daughter got taken in with the pictures of pretty dresses and the reasonable prices. We ordered 2 dresses and it would be about 3 weeks before we received them. She was very excited to receive them but we noticed right away that the cardboard box was damaged. What is the worst that could happen to the dresses, we thought and opened them only to find that the dresses had little holes in them and one of them had a stain. These were at best seconds!
She was quite heartbroken as she had saved up for these summer dresses and was looking forward to wearing them to school.
We called and set up a return which was painless but now we see that all we got was a store credit even though the items we received were defective.
I filled out their Ask A Question form asking for a full refund and got acknowledgement but nothing more since then.
My option at this point seems to be to dispute the charge on my credit card.
Let this be a warning to everyone - It is easy to set up a website with pretty pictures but you never know who you are dealing with or what you are buying. Our only defense is the credit card companies.

rjz
5/23/11

same as others. the WORST WORST experience in my entire online shopping experience. Order an item on March 10, today March 26, still no sight of it. And just learnt from other reviewers that I might have another couple weeks to wait for. I feel very sorry for whoever work in their CS department. Don't go near the site.

mt8
5/23/11

I have purchased many things from Ideeli. In general having to wait about a month for products is really annoying. Only having 14 days (SINCE THE DAY THEY SAY THEY SHIP, not since the day you get it) is another super annoying thing.

But obviously those annoyances hadn't stopped me from shopping from them until now.

It's been over a week, and I have sent several emails and talked to at least 5 people on their chat about an order. They say it takes 1-2 days to produce a return label... well a week and several emails and chat sessions with their customer service later I still don't have one. Someone even called me on Saturday to say they will escalate this issue and nothing yet. I have spent at least 2 hours with the chat representatives in the past week - and what's worse is that they just LIE to you! They keep saying we emailed you the return label and if you haven't received it, it's probably due to filtering in YOUR email inbox. But I found out on Saturday talking to the person on the phone that they just can't generate the UPS return label! This is SO EMBARRASSING for a company in the e-commerce business not being able to generate a return label after a week (when they promise 1-2 days) and lying to the customer and blaming them for their inbox settings!!!

I also am waiting for an order I have placed about 6 weeks ago. Part of the order has shipped a while back. One item was shipped separately and appears to be LOST! I keep checking the UPS tracking and it seems 12 days ago it was being delivered in Seattle and there was an issue with the address! I live in San Francisco, so I am not sure why it was sent to Seattle in the first place. I keep contacting them about it and they say it's on its way! Well even if it was walking from Seattle, after 12 days it would have got here!!!!

Ideeli obviously hasn't got their act together and does not care about their customers after their credit cards have been charged!

calvertp
5/21/11

This message s for Jason, Customer Service Manager. I got your message on 5/18
about someone calling me. She did call and left a message. I call her back within the hour and left her a message. I have not heard from her since. I have been constant daily contact with your customer service dept, and all I get is a message telling me that if I do not respond within 24 hrs, my issue will have a resolved status.

DON'T SEND ME ANYMORE OF THESE_________!! MESSAGES. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!! ISSUE # [110331-000281] You people are just giiving me the royal round around.

Calvert S. Peterson

jaimmyc
5/17/11

Ideeli sent me a completely different item from what I ordered so when returning the products, I was told that I would receive a refund on my shipping. 3 things that show what HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE Ideeli has:
1. When I returned the items, they claimed that one of them was not in the package....absolute lie
2. I had to email/go on live chat More than 10 times and have STILL YET TO RECEIVE A REFUND.
3. No one EVER follows up and returns my emails.

If I do not receive my RIGHTFULLY due refund, I will be initiating a chargeback for the full amount. I SUGGEST EVERYONE INITIATE A CHARGE BACK for what Ideeli Stole from you....if you do not know how, let me know and I will show you. This is the worst site ever and considering how Ecommerce stores thrive on customer service, Ideeli is for sure doomed.

michellec16
5/17/11

I had a great experience with this site. I was reticent at first to order anything because I had never heard of it before- I kept seeing the banner ads on Facebook and decided to give it a try. I looked at a lot of consumer review sites before ordering just to make sure it wasn't a scam because I am old and afraid of technology. There were some mixed reviews but they were generally favorable so I decided to try it and see what was the what.

I originally went on looking for a cute dress but ended up getting a really gorgeous turquoise and gold necklace. It was very easy to order, the sites rules and regulations were clearly outlined and the ship dates were clearly listed on the receipt. I was bummed a bit that I had to wait but getting a $200 necklace for $30 was worth it! I even got it a bit sooner than anticiapted! I love the necklave and get compliments on it whenever I wear it. I will definitely use ideeli again for future purchases. :)

kimaliab
5/6/11

at first i got my order but then they sent my order it was delivered but i didnt get it i don't know who got it second i ordered shoes they were worn i swear it looked like someone went out in the shoes lol third its been 15 days since i returned the order of the shoes and no money back into my account...as i do not want any ideli credits as i don't plan on shopping their ever again...2 i returned a second order of two dresses that was my size but they were to big and they credit my account i don't want an ideeli credit like i said as i do not plan on shopping their again. so i will be calling my bank and putting in a claim with the better business B.....thank you very much ideeli for a disgusting experience.

ashleya4
5/5/11

I understand the type of business ideeli is in - limited supply, long shipping windows, restrictive return policy. Get it. My order actually shipped much earlier than stated so kudos for that. Unfortunately I received the wrong dress. I am in the distribution business so I understand a lot about orders and mispulls/shorts. That being said - since this was my first order from ideeli, I've received a 100% service failure. In my business 100% service failure equals permanent loss of business.

I logged in this morning and chatted with a customer service rep who was accommodating but in my opinion you could tell they handle issues like mine all the time and this wasn't something new. (Jason - incident #110505-000​138).

The return UPS label was emailed immediately (kudos again) but I still want my dress and I want ideeli to make this right. I'm eligible for a full credit card refund but I hope I receive my product. The quality assurance process is lacking and needs to be redone. I personally have a 98% operational service level with my customers and I expect nothing less from the companies I buy from. We'll see how this ends...

gayleh
5/2/11

While I have had some success with orders, they are usually very late and they make it very difficult to return. They give you 14 days from shipping date to return, but it takes a week to ten days to get it. By the time you have tried numerous times to find out print out the label they tell you that you can use to return it, yougive up and send it back yourself. But by then you have passed to the 14 day return date. Not worth it.

heleno1
5/2/11

This is one of the most horrible internet shopping sites!!!! Beware!!!

First experience happened with my return. I returned an item and on their website, it stated that it will take 7-10 business days. However, package was sent nearly a month and no credits or notice via email. So I contacted the customer service dept and they had mentioned that it will take a little longer, but didn't know how long. Well, it was about a month. I sent a nasty email to CSR and a rep happily accepted my return right away. It was only after that nasty email.

Second experience happened when I tried purchasing items from a new sale that started at 4:00 pm. I logged on at 3:40 pm just surfing to see what was on sale. Well, right at 3:55 pm, I got kicked out of the website. So I closed my browser and tried re-opening it. Ideeli page came up with the site is busy, please re-visit the website in a few minutes. That few minutes turned into an hour and half after trying to open the website 20-30 times. It just kept going to that page stating that their website is busy at the time, to come back in a few minutes. By that time, all the items I had wanted to purchase were sold out. RIDICULOUS!!!

Third experience was when they sent me an email stating that they are going to give me 3 free months of First Row Membership. So the very next morning, I woke up extra early to log on. Well, I tried purchasing items during the the 'First Row Member' time and it stated that during that time was only for First Row Members only. I clicked on My Account and it stated that I CURRENTLY have first row member that it expired July. So of course, I tried going back to the sales and purchasing other items and it kept giving me the message saying I'm not a first row member. How frustrating is that?

I don't mind not being First Row, however, if you give me that perk, please accommodate. How could Ideeli be a business when all these things have gone wrong and they're CSR dept has just given me an email stating they will get back to me while they fix this error. Now AFTER I had threatened to cancel my account and give them a bad review, their CSR dept had replied right away giving me a $15.00 credit. Wow, $15 bucks!!!! Really?!!!! Is that all you can do after these horrible horrible horrible experiences!! Not just once, but 3 TIMES!!!!

ylas1
4/29/11

Hello !
The return policy of the site is awful! I bought the item (in its description was mentioned - unreturnable ) BUT! They have sent me a wrong size. Customer service representative told me to sent it back by their prepaid shipping label. Thanks God I did not have problem with it! HOWEVER!!!!!! The site DOES NOT SEND YOUR MONEY BACK TO YOUR CREDIT CARD!!!!!! THEY PUT IT ON THEIR CREDIT for your further purchases!!!! Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never got this kind of experience with this site before. Now I will think twice to buy something from them!

emmac6
4/28/11

I have been a shopper with Hautelook for what feels like forever, however, i decided to try ideeli.com just for a change.
I ordered something online on the 8th of April, i received an shipment email on the 17th and the money subsequently debited from my account on the 18th. It is now the 28th, UPS say they delivered the package to a post office in the next county on the 22nd to be delivered to me via USPS as requested by ideeli. I still have not received the package. I emailed ideeli.com customer service twice to no response despite their 24 hour response promise, i then resorted to their online chat as no telephone number is listed. Customer representative Jessica informed me that as i have not received the package a claim would be made which will take a further 5 days, i just hope i get fully refunded and not given store credit. Considering the error is on their end i would like to be given the choice to shop there again instead of pushy store credit.

olympiaa
4/26/11

I have to agree with some of the reviews here about how it takes Ideeli a really long time to deliver merchandise. But the last purchase I made, I ordered a beige dress and it was gorgeous. When I received it, it wasn't beige....it was a light grey color. I reviewed my order and saw that I did, indeed, order the beige color dress. The light grey color wasn't awful, it just wasn't what I ordered. By that point I had already removed the tag and I thought it would just a big hassle to return and I needed a dress for an occasion. I think the site has really great deals and some of the things are really nice....but I may use it less frequently.

tnm
4/22/11

Ideeli has got to be the dumbest company ever, regarding customer service.
I have spent $15,000.00 since Jan (that's $5,000 a mth). They sent me a size 10 boot, instead of what I ordered a size 6.5. I sent them an email, they said return the item (even though it said non-refundable/ because it was the wrong size sent)
Greatly appreciated & what they should say since it was IDEELI's mistake.
FastForward:
I've returned the item (THEY HAVE IT NOW) and they won't credit me. So it's a $49 boot, I've spent $15,000 in under 4 months and they are arguing with me over the $49 credit.
Risk loosing a $15,000 customer over a $49 boot, you betcha. I returned the boot, and yes I will take my business else where this is ridiculous. It's about customer service, and I DID what I was suppose to do. IDEELI CAN"T/ OR WON'T.

dt4
4/21/11

I was expecting the worse after reading these reviews. However, my experience was positive. My email to customer service was responded to within 24 hrs and a UPS return label sent shortly after. Their instructions were clear and I'm expecting them to follow through on the promised refund. Thanks, ideeli!
DT

tessaa
4/20/11

As a longtime sample sale shopper, I had high hopes for Ideeli. I've ordered from Gilt Groupe, Rue La La, and Haute Look, all of which have impeccable customer service, so I was very stoked to find a beautiful dress that had been sold out for ages (it was past season) on ideeli for a fraction of its retail price. Even better, it was only on sale in a 4 and a 12 - after obsessively refreshing for a while (someone put the 4 in their cart), I was able to snag the size 4.

Afterwards, however, I mentioned this purchase to a friend - another longtime sample sale shopper - who seemed surprised I had taken a risk with Ideeli at all. So I went online and found all these terrible reviews - slow shipping, nonexistent customer service, wrong items and sizes sent, sometimes even damaged. I was extremely wary, but there was nothing I could do. To my surprise, the item shipped nearly immediately despite an expected ship date of 3 weeks later so I thought maybe I had just gotten lucky. Wrong. The dress arrived yesterday - in a size 2.

Now I have the option of trying to hassle with customer service - and there is no phone number, so you are at the mercy of whenever they feel like responding to your emails - about exchanging the dress, except I'm not even sure they have it in the right size to begin with. Why would they list a 4 and a 12 if there's also a 2? 2 was not even an option! So that leaves trying to get a refund, which from what I've read is another hassle in and of itself. I may just end up keeping this dress and dieting to fit into it. (eyeroll).

All in all, not the worst experience ever but I imagine if they had sent this to me in a 14 and I needed to return it they would've offered store credit or something of the like, if I managed to get a hold of them at all. If you want a safe consumer experience where you receive the items you order, stay away from Ideeli. There are plenty of better sites out there.

chrisp27
4/18/11

My experience has been great until I changed residences. After changing my residence and updating my address at least 6 times, including updating my address every time I make an order, my purchases are still going to my old address. All my attempts to get this situation resolved have culminated in a few condescending emails suggesting that I update my address. I guess their customer services is dense. I have told them that their software is not working as no matter how I update my new address, nothing takes, and the shipments are still send to the wrong address. So 2 days after complaining yet again about the fact that they have the wrong address, they shipped again an item at the old address. Then the said that I need to call UPS because they already shipped everything. UPS said that the recipient has not option, but Ideeli has all the options to change an address or redirect a package. But Ideeli refuses to do so. This is extremely poor customer service and fraudulent.

I will NEVER shop with Ideeli again.

pablop
4/18/11

Terrible experience. Bought a voucher and they won't even let you redeem it. So they basically stole my money without providing any services. No ethics.

maryankaa
4/16/11

well well well, let's see if Mr Jason answers. He seems to be the route to go when you need action from ideeli. My problem is not the merchandise or the shipping as I admit they have great sales, great quality and shipping is fast and within the expected date of arrival. But, why do we have to come here for the entire world to see our complaints after dealing with the so called "customer service" email system.
Jason: I want my $15 credit, offered on an email! The promotion stated on April 7th, Spend $100 at ideeli and the $15 credit will become available in your account by April 14, 2011.
Since then, I have placed FOUR different orders and contacted your "ideeli team" who responded the credit would be posted to my account by April 14th.
Well, they need to check their calendar, today is the 16th and NO credit.
Hoping you can help....
Orders: 23247838, 23290886, 23494426 and 23633150.

christinat2
4/14/11

I never had any problem with ideeli when it came to the shipment. It was always on time; however, I purchased a trenchcoat and the quality of the product is not worth the money I paid for. In just a couple of days after I wore it, the buttons fell off one after another. Eventually I had to resew all the buttons. The fabric was thin and of lower quality. I learned to never buy clothes or shoes from internet, it is better to see and try out the product first.

antoniag
4/14/11

I bought some sandals called "Penny Loves Kenny" in the "Codi" wooden platform. I received them in exactly 1 week! I feel like they're very dependable. I just wanted to add a positive experience to this. Maybe since they've had bad reviews in the past, they've made their customer service very very good. I am so satisfied with my purchase, I will definitely come back for more.

kristinas4
4/10/11

I will never shop at this site again. My order is already 3 weeks late and when I check my online banking it shows me that I have been charged 3 times for this dress, which I have only ordered one of. When I contacted ideeli's customer service representatives they said that they are doing this to insure that funds are available-but why? Why do you need to know if I can buy three dresses when I have only ordered one? I find this unnerving. You can take back the $10 store credit you gave me for the late shipping, I just want my dress please.

deanneb
4/7/11

I am a sucker for a good sale so when I read about this site I had to try it. I have purchased numerous items and have not had a problem. It does take long for the item to ship. However, shipping times are shown on the page of the item.

I do wish they would already have a return shipping sticker in the box that the item arrives in, instead of having to go on the website and print it off.
I am hopeful they will have more things with free shipping in the near future.
I have been impressed that a staff member consistently posts to comments on this site and tries to correct issues.
I am sure over time the management will tweak problem issues and progress into a even better company.

sheraeh
4/5/11

I got online today to see what sales were going to be on ideeli. I came across a dress I really liked. When the sale opened the dress sold out before I could order it! It says it's waitlisted. This is totally misleading. Instead of saying when things are sold out on the item page they just say that they are waitlisted! I used the "live help" which was anything but live, when I brought forth my concerns I received automated answers. How is that live help? You might as well just put together a FAQ and leave it at that.

Come to find out the 'waitlist' doesn't mean that you are put in a queue for this item. They just tell you if they get more and you have to race on to try and get the item.

Issues:
- First Row: This is totally unfair. If I don't shop at the service that often there is no reason to pay almost $7 a month for the ability to shop only ONE HOUR earlier than everyone else. These people are basically paying to have a one-up on everyone else.

Automated Customer Service: This is just tacky, come on. It upsets people if they want to talk to a person.

"Waitlist": a waitlist implies a list of people who are in line for something. It's just a mass email to those who sign up. Shouldn't it just be a notification? No item is promised and the term waitlist is defeated.

This experience was extremely unprofessional. I waited for about 20-30 minutes for this item only to find out that it was sold out.

Also, I'd like the dress.

sherryy2
4/4/11

What's really going on here? Don't understand...

I'm shocked to see so many negative reviews here. I have placed at least 20 orders from ideeli so far. Yes, sometimes the item was shipped longer than I expected, sometimes the item arrived not perfectly, however their reps were very very helpful. Every time when I contacted them, they were patient and was willing to help.

Well, from my own experiences, if you have a really urgent problem with your order, always try to contact their online reps, they are the most effective ones.

Anyways, I vote for ideeli, rather than gilt, rue la la, hautelook....

glorias2
4/1/11

I find that the discount is overstated. They are currently selling bloch shoes but the original price is over 20 to 30 bucks. Therefore the discount is not a real discount when compared to other sites. Check Zappos and Saks for regular price.

reetikag
4/1/11

After reading reviews, I was quite hesitant to shop through this site but I decided to give it try anyway. So, I placed my first order yesterday. Everything went smooth from adding the item to the cart to making the final purchase. I even had few questions which were wonderfully taken care of through discussion board as well as privately. My issue was with sizing. I bought a dress in size 40 which according to the size chart was small. Today, I logged on to see any updates to find out the SIZE CHART HAS BEEN UPDATED. Now, size 40 is a Medium instead.
I have emailed and also, posted on discussion board but no one has reached out to me yet. I am hoping someone will reach out to me ASAP so I am not shipped the wrong size because it was definitely not my fault and I definitely do not wish to be stuck with such a large amount of store credit.
I was hoping I would have something great to say but I really don't until this situation is taken care of.

Reetika

margarets5
4/1/11

Ideeli is just about my favorite website. I have ordered numerous times for personal items, gifts for both men and women, and household items. I have never been disappointed. It may take time for the item to arrive but other similar websites are a lot worse. I will certainly check every day to see what is available. Keep up the good work. Margaret Shreehan

andrews18
3/30/11

Please don't listen to all of these badmouther reviewers in this site. They are all complaining about the shipment being really slow and such, when in a matter of fact, when you buy items from ideeli, they exactly tell you when the expected shipment date is. Some of them are 2-3 weeks, some are shorter, but some are just about 1 week or less. And Ideeli stands for their promise. On the expected shipment date, they ship it promptly and for my items, they were delivered to me within 2 days since the shipment date. How come you all say that Ideeli is the worst company and such?! You are getting crazy discount for a very expensive item, I would wait for 3 weeks, since they tell me about it. It's not like they didn't say anything about it before you made your order. You want it fast? Just go to Sax Fifth or Neimann then! Buy at regular price!

My experience with Ideeli was awesome. I ordered 2 L.A.M.B watches for gifts and they were perfect! Great quality, authentic like promised, with crazy discounts! Shipment was prompt like mentioned on my order, couldn't be better. 5/5 stars!

lisam26
3/28/11

I have ordered many things from this website and never disappointed. The email updates about the sale items are great too because I know exactly what designers I like. Here's my issue I moved to another state and had an issue with another site and changing my address so I asked ideeli if they would change my address in their system. I was told to do it myself I did so and shortly after placed an order. Ideeli sent my order to my old address. They claimed they fixed it that day but according to the ups website it took 5 days for them to do the package was delivered to my old address. I informed them of their error one day after shipping. I have yet to get my order because it's "pending".

kristis1
3/27/11

I've shipped with Ideeli for years and have finally decided to spend my money with Hautelook.com or Gilt.com. I've placed many orders that Ideeli has been unable to fulfill, at which point they offer a credit for the inconvenience which is appreciated. However, a month ago I placed an order for a leather jacket - I was especially excited about this order as if had my eye on it in a store a few months prior. I first was notified that shipping would be delayed and issued a credit for the shipping ($10). Then I was notified they would be unable to fill the order and issued a $15 credit. I appreciated it. However, today (less than a month later) I noticed the same jacket, in the size I ordered, on sale again. However, it sold out before I could purchase it. I sent an email to ideeli and was told the item had been returned from the original sale. So, not only had they filed someone's order other than myself the first time, but when that person sent the item back I was not even given the opportunity to purchase it. They offered me a $10 voucher, but I will not take another chance on ideeli. at least with other sites I know I will get what I purchaser!

mabelm
3/27/11

I am sorry a lot of people hav had bad experiences with ideeli...but i must tell you I LOVE this site. I´ve made over 15 purchases so far and have had great experiences in all but one of the items. Most of the time the prices are way below the regular price and I can assure you i´ve never had one item which I did not think had the proper quality. The only bad experience I´ve had is getting a dress with the security tag still attached. Ideeli told me to return it and that they would send it back again and pay for shipping, I tought it too much of a hassle and decided on removing it with my Dremel tool (not recommended unless you really know how to work this tool). After this the dress was lovely and I got tons of compliments on it. I´ve allways been happy about my ideeli purchases.

Other two sites I can highly recomend are gilt and hautelook.

Regards
mabel

millieg
3/26/11

Love Ideeli, they always have the best deals! All my purchases have been received before the promise date. Thanks

paular4
3/24/11

I always had a good experience with, them specially customer service. They always answer within a couple of minutes online while the sale is going on. They even called to my home to clarify some doubts I had. I have nothing bad to say of this company. I agree that shipping takes longer than expected that is why I can't buy gifts for other people's (e.g.birthdays) but, by any means I consider that as deceiving.

jenniferm14
3/24/11

I order from this site all the time. I am surprised by reviews about bad customer service. I had questions about an order and e-mailed customer service. The issue was resolved in less than two hours and I received a coupon for my trouble. I love the products, and the prices are awesome. I refer friends all the time and they also tell me how much they love it. I find great stuff for reasonable prices...even bought a $1000 watch for $140 bucks! Nothing to complain about here! Thanks, Ideeli!

elizabetha4
3/24/11

Love Ideeli, they always have the best deals! All my purchases have been received before the promise date. And next week I am off to Jamaica with one of their vacation deals. LOVE LOVE LOVE Ideeli! Keep up the good work, especially you Jason for writing back to all the complaints!!

syreetab
3/23/11

Shop this website on a monthly basis, never had an issue with shipping or the quality of the items. The longest time I've waited for a item was 7 days and when an item I ordered was no longer available the promptly refunded the cost and gave me a credit for a future purchase, sorry other shopper have not had the same great experiences. I'm definitely going to shop from this website for a longtime!

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the ideeli staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: How many days does it take to get a refund? I cancelled an order before it was shipped
5/7/13
janeyc
A: Anyone know of a similar site with good customer service?
1/18/10
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: today i did my first order on Ideeli. At first, i saw i got 20 % off for the first purchase and freeshipping. then after several " continue shopping" , i didn't get any offer for my order, even 10 % off for first order when i checked out. and i immediately cancelled my order. who can tell me what happened?
3 weeks ago
deborahe8
A: With Ideeli as with many online retailers, the promos are very limited. I don't know about this specific promo BUT you must enter a code before checkout. After checkout, the price you see is the price you will pay. Always confirm the promo before checkout. Ideeli is very difficult to deal with after a purchase needs customer service's attention.
2 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the ideeli staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

5 Photos for ideeli

ideeli?
Click here to post a review