US Government's NSF

support@ideeli.com

478 Reviews for ideeli

Review Highlights

alexp9

I had my first encounter with a relatively condescending customer service rep.

oxanad

Overall, I'm very happy with ideeli.com and will order again!

jolenel

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

paular4
3/24/11

I always had a good experience with, them specially customer service. They always answer within a couple of minutes online while the sale is going on. They even called to my home to clarify some doubts I had. I have nothing bad to say of this company. I agree that shipping takes longer than expected that is why I can't buy gifts for other people's (e.g.birthdays) but, by any means I consider that as deceiving.

jenniferm14
3/24/11

I order from this site all the time. I am surprised by reviews about bad customer service. I had questions about an order and e-mailed customer service. The issue was resolved in less than two hours and I received a coupon for my trouble. I love the products, and the prices are awesome. I refer friends all the time and they also tell me how much they love it. I find great stuff for reasonable prices...even bought a $1000 watch for $140 bucks! Nothing to complain about here! Thanks, Ideeli!

elizabetha4
3/24/11

Love Ideeli, they always have the best deals! All my purchases have been received before the promise date. And next week I am off to Jamaica with one of their vacation deals. LOVE LOVE LOVE Ideeli! Keep up the good work, especially you Jason for writing back to all the complaints!!

syreetab
3/23/11

Shop this website on a monthly basis, never had an issue with shipping or the quality of the items. The longest time I've waited for a item was 7 days and when an item I ordered was no longer available the promptly refunded the cost and gave me a credit for a future purchase, sorry other shopper have not had the same great experiences. I'm definitely going to shop from this website for a longtime!

veral1
3/23/11

Ideeli can have pretty amazing customer service! If you email them politely about your problem, they do try their best to help you get your money back. I accidentally bought the same items (lingerie) twice on two separate account, and wanted to cancel one of the orders. The items were already shipped by that time and according to their online policy, lingerie can't be returned. I wrote to them asking to cancel the order or at least to return the item for store credit. I was confused because I just received a formal message telling me the case is closed. I wrote to them again about the same problem, and got back a long patronizing essay on why if we're allowed to return whatever we want, bags, lingerie, etc, the prices will be a lot higher than we afford... By that time I was pissed and thought I have no chance of getting any money, in the form of actual money or store credit back.

But when I looked at my order summary 2 weeks later (first time I checked it since the incident), I saw a return label for my lingerie order. And I was able to return my order for $55 in store credit :). The person who helped me out even used my original store credit toward that purchase, so my credit card was only charged $20 for a $65 order. The only thing I lost was $10 for the shipping and handling fee and having $10 converted from cash to store credit.

My problem was especially complicated because I tried canceling after the items are shipped and the items are technically not returnable. Under the two conditions, they really did everything they can to help me out. If you just buy clothing and accessories from ideeli.com, I really can't see how you can encounter any problem. They have super fast and convenient free returns. Every time I returned an order, I receive my store credit w/ 3 days after I shipped it. I think they have a really clean layout and the best deals out of all the sample sale websites too, especially their Red sales. Only thing negative I have to say about them is that their pictures are really misleading about the color of the items. Everything is lighter than it actually is. A light mint dress turn out pure white in their photos, so make sure you always check the description.

ml10
3/21/11

I'm staying away from ideeli. I had the same problem with ideeli as far as dress size. I bought and returned a dress 2 times because each time the dress fit giant on me. I received store credit twice, and lost money on shipping and handling each time. So I finally on 10/6/2010 bought a blazer/sweater, that also fit large on me, but I kept it because I didn't want to waste any more shipping money with ideeli.

I spent a total of $30 in shipping costs (for the returned items and the new sweater), for one large ugly sweater that cost $36. So it would have been better for me to buy the ugly sweater at retail price at a regular store in town, I would have tried it on and found out that it looks terrible on me.

In summary, it ended up costing me $66 to try on clothes from ideeli that in the end didn't work out for me. I kept the big ugly blazer because it was smarter to keep it than to whittle down my store credit further.

maddys
3/20/11

I was pretty furious to find out that Ideeli did not use my return credits to pay for a new order. Really really disappointing; I really thought Ideeli would treat me better than this. I see this as an easy way for them to get more money out of me and then tie me to the site with the return credits I still have. What a disgrace.

kathleenk
3/19/11

I have made many purchases here and while I may have had to wait -they always let you know via "my account" the status of your order with the estimated ship date and delivery date. I have had no problems at all with this site. You have to pay attention to the dates you have to return items and when you do return them you only get store credit as there are absolutely no refunds. I learned that the hard way. When you want to return something it is really easy -you go to the site, click "my account" , scroll down and find the shipment, then the item and click and they give you a shipping label that you print out. Slap it on and drop it off at the UPS store and you are done! The quality has been great - I only order designers I am familiar with so I haven't had any surprises. I would recommend this site to all fashionista's who like to stay on a budget - you get great deals!!!

lisak19
3/16/11

I do not recommend shopping from Ideeli.com. There are absolutely too many other sites with a similar concept who do an amazing job. I purchased twice from ideeli. I canceled both orders due to late shipping. My first order still had not shipped after 2 months after purchasing. My 2nd order still had not shipped even a month after. I order from hautelook and gilt and my items are shipped within a week of me placing the order It's truly not worth the hassle to dealing with ideeli.

km12
3/16/11

The site clearly states the ship dates and return policy for each sale. I purchase 1-3 items a month and have never had a problem with authenticity or item quality. In fact one item I purchased did not sell out and was listed a week later for $20 less than I paid, ideeli credited my account the $20 immediately.

annas11
3/16/11

I see so many negative reviews about ideeli.com that I decided to chime in. I only started buying from them late in 2010, so maybe they fixed a lot of their previous problems? The site clearly states return policy (if there is one, you get free shipping back and store credit, which is fine for me) and sometimes items aren't eligible for return, so it states that and you take a risk. I've bought a few things with no return policy, but I was sure that I would like them and/or they would fit. There is also a shipping window listed for each purchase and so far they shipped eiher within the window or much much sooner. I had to make a few returns and never had a problem - try it on, doesn't fit, go to the website, print return label, put back in packaging that the items came in with, drop off at UPS and the next day I get an email saying I have store credit. To minimize wasting $10 on shipping, I really think twice about buying something as the size chart is not always accurate and some clothing runs large. So I've only returned something twice and the rest of the things I got were beautiful and cheap - I got $150 BCBG dresses for $30-40 and I went online to other retailers and found those same dresses for sale for over $100. Just don't buy pants and skirts - they are hard to guess the fit without trying :)

ree8
3/9/11

This is the first time I've ever felt compelled to join one of these groups. With that in mind stay away from IDEELI.COM. Even their own cs representatives expressed disdain with how the company handles itself. Documentation doesn't help and the truth is manipulated to fit their needs. BUYER BEWARE.

marzb
3/7/11

I purchased a Juicy Couture handbag before I came across this site and was extremely worried about my purchase due to all the negative feedback. I actually received the bag much sooner than expected, exactly one week after I made the initial purchase. The bag was in perfect condition, although smaller than I anticipated. I was extremely satisfied with how my buying experience went with them and I will definitely be using them again!

julietteg
3/7/11

Shopping on Ideeli.com was a great experience. I brought a BCBG Maxazria dress (which is $348 in the store) for $70 on this website. They shipped the dress before they even said they would and sent me an email to let me know that it was coming. The dress is perfect and I'm thrilled! I also contacted the customer service via email and they responded in about 1 or 2 hours with an answer to my question.

kristib1
3/7/11

I really like ideeli.com. I look at the sales every day. I've had to return items before because they were the wrong size. Not because ideeli sent the wrong size, but because they just didn't fit me. I have never had trouble returning an item. I buy mainly dresses and a few sweaters. I was really surprised to see the poor reviews. I think the site spells out very explicitly how the sales, shipping, and returns work. I will continue to use ideeli!

lh5
3/3/11

I just received the first (and now only!) item I will buy from Ideeli. They are a pair of boots--expensive at $275 and they have CLEARLY been worn. I would send them back, but frankly I can't risk getting my blood pressure up by shopping for inferior/used products to use up a credit as they won't refund cash. I have shopped Rue La La and Gilt group with no issues. I really feel taken here, but I guess Caveat Emptor--I should have looked for reviews before I made a purchase. I was thinking of buying one of their vacation packages in the Caribbean--no way would I chance it now!

elizabethh7
3/3/11

I really love this site and have bought a number of things (multiple dresses, a shopping coupon, underwear, sunglasses, etc.) Shipping can take a bit but it has told me everytime when I purchased something expected date. The deals can't be beat and all of my co-workers are now shoping on the site as well. They had a delay on some of my items but nothing that wasn't manageable and they gave me a credit for the inconvience. I'm sorry to seee it getting such poor reviews but I love it!

tinaw3
2/27/11

I ordered a dress and received it within a weeks time.I tried it on it was a little big, I,m not sending it back, i'll have it altered. However, the bead work is a little off center, but i can live with that. maybe thats why the price was so good. But over all my first time ordering from ideeli was pretty good. I'll definitely order again.

nicolek
2/26/11

I joined this website last week and when i tried to purchase something was told my address did not match the address on my credit card which is not true. I figured it was just a glitch in the system and never bought anything. Imagine my surprise when I had 20 $1 transactions to my card for no reason. I tried calling their "customer service" line which told me due to the "Holidays" (It is almost March - they must have a huge St. Patricks Day crowd) they have a high call volume and I got transefered to a voicemail telling me to try their live chat. This is the live chat I already tried and when I brought up my issue was disconnected and no can not re-connect using my name and e-mail. So I made up a name and e-mail sh$#*!inly got through but was kept waiting for over oh wait I am still waiting 20 minutes later. So considering I have never used this site and I have still been charged I don't plan on ever using this site.

jolenel
2/25/11

I've actually had several good experience with this site. They delivered within the expected time frame as listed on the site. The only iffy part about this store is the return policy. Anything that is returned is given store credit, which prompts you to spend on the site again. But not a problem for me. I like shopping here =)

arijanad
2/24/11

it take for ever to get something shipped. it has been one month that I am waiting for a dress. Now I can't even wear the dress because the event already happened.

priscilaw1
2/23/11

This is actually a MESSAGE FOR MR. JASON F.
Mr. F, I want to communicate you that I ordered yesterday a dress, but I just realized that I asked a wrong size. I need the size number 2, which is still available in the web site. I sent an e-mail yesterday night to Ideeli asking for you guys to change the size before to send it to me.

But now, that I already read all these bad reviews about Ideeli I am afraid that I will have a bad experience as well. So, here is my message for you Mr. F: If you really sorry for all the mistakes Ideeli did to all these costumers, here you have the opportunity to fix a problem before it comes. I am sending you this message in a public web because I want make sure that YOU will take care of what I already asked. If Ideeli do not give an answer immediately, I will come to this web again and let people know the continuation of my story.

If something goes wrong, I do not want to see a message from you here saying the same thing you said to all these people: "I apologize, I apologize..." If it happen, then it will be more than clear that you just apologize but you do not really move a finger to help anyone.

That is my order number: 20468415
This is my incidence number:110223-000715

Appreciate any help. Priscila

elizabethm9
2/22/11

This is the worst merchant on the internet today. I have received from ideeli in the past month, one previously worn (and damaged) bracelet and two necklaces that I did not order and do not even remotely resemble what I did order.

The fine folks at ideeli customer service (there are rocks in my front yard with higher intelligence) promised me a full refund - purchase price plus shipping - back to my debit card. I have this agreement in writing.

Today, I get an email from customer service that my purchase price - less shipping - is now available to use as STORE CREDIT.

Hey ideeli, no offense, but I don't want to shop on your website ever again. So I'm going to need you to go ahead and refund the entire amount back to my debit card as you originally promised....

I will post again once I have resolution. Until then, caveat emptor! Or shop with someone else.

debsg
2/22/11

I have been shopping at Ideeli for over a month now and have bought quite a few items.
They have shipped all the items (very carefully packaged to make sure nothing broke) in the timeframe they specified.
Customer service has been excellent - all questions I emailed were answered within a day. Also, one non-returnable item I bought was defective and I emailed them.. they promptly emailed me a return label.
I am a fan.

pamelat
2/18/11

I've placed approximately 5 items (handbag, shoes, dresses) from Ideeli. I haven't had any problems. Each item arrived in the timeframe posted on the website and was the correct size/item. The only issue I've had is that some items (1 pair of shoes and handbag) were below the level of quality I expected. However, I have not yet dealt with customer service, so I can't offer an opinion.

lesleek
2/13/11

Purchased a pair of boots. Took 1 month to receive. Did not like at all. Returned immediately and then took another month to receive a credit. Now I am forced after 2 months to purchase another item with my credit. Which will take another month to receive. I will NEVER order another thing from this site. There are many other designer discount sites that process you order in a timely fashion as well as your returns. And many offer a credit to your card. Do not order from this site!!!!

sher102
2/12/11

Well, 50-50 review for me. I've had a few good and a few bad experiences. I ordered a spring jacket... Came as promised, great. Then, ordered another, diff style/brand. It came with a small pen mark on the back.I kept anyway as it was barely noticeable. I ordered a purse...it came completely frayed at edges...looked used. I've ordered teeshirts, no probes, but boots that smelled and looked worn.
It really is a crap shoot, but fun still the same. I would never order seriously expensive items though..

alexe1
2/11/11

I'm ready to throw in the towel on this one...

My first purchase was a dress, it was a fair price, shipping time was okay, and I loved the piece! I was very happy and raved about the company.

My second purchase was a set of lenox towels: the towels arrived but the wash clothes and hand towels did not. The company told me I could return the item for their review -- huh? Let me go out of my way to return an incomplete order for what? Them to tell me I secretly kept the matching wash clothes and hand towels? I counted my losses on this one and didn't fight it.

Then just the other week I decided to buy some lingerie since V day is coming up. I got an email saying they didn't get in one of the items and apologized and gave me a $15 credit. ok, thats fine. Then the other piece came in and it was missing a garder strap. Seriously?! So now I have a non-returnable item that won't even hold up my stockings. Not to mention that I'm also without the very item I wanted to have on Valentines day -- had I received the other item, this wouldn't have been as much of an issue.

Are the deals good? yes.
Are they worth it? probably not.

sonias1
2/11/11

I have serious doubts that their products are original, the boots I received today
worth soooooo far less that what I payed for them. They have not quality at all, It is
clear they are not original, so bad I can not return them. Waste of money, do not buy from them

kaim
2/10/11

I saw all of the bad reviews AFTER I had placed my order so I was holding my breath. Then I received my top from MM Couture and it was perfect - exactly as described and the right size. The prices are incredible and the presentation of items on the site is very appealing and easy to use. Perusing the pages is kinda fun. It's true, though, that it takes a couple of months but it tells you before you place the order when you can expect the shipment, so I wasn't surprised about that. Also, since everything was as I had ordered, I didn't have to deal with customer service. SO, so far, in summary, I still consider it a good site for shopping. I'll be back though if I place another order and have another good experience or have a bad one.

viktorias
2/5/11

i have placed numerous orders with ideeli and have never encountered a problem. i have returned two items and was credited with the amount of the actual product. i love ideeli.com!

marjans
2/5/11

I read a lot of complains about ideeli business, and I'm one of them :(
It's actually shame business and waste of time, (I'm happy, I didn't give them card no.)

You can see below, my posts, in order to find someone to be nice with me, customer, and final answer was; I'm not gonna comment, it's funny:
"Thank you for being in touch and letting us know your thoughts. As we continue to evolve the ideeli shopping experience to be the best that it can be, your feedback is crucial. We will be taking the most constructive criticism into consideration as we make further improvements. Thanks for being a part of ideeli." :):)

Do not trust to this company, especially if they offer some "promo" and I can tell them now: "I don't like your promo coupon, I don't like to be in business with you ..."

shantas
2/4/11

This company is so shady. First of all, I think some of the merchandise they aseel are counterfeit and "designer" labels were sewn on by Ideeli. Second, do NOT buy into the Free shipping gimmick. TWICE I was promised free shipping and BOTH times I was charged the 9.95 shipping fee. Their customer service is a joke. They do not nothing to help you. You just keep e-mailing back forth with someone who seems to have the intelligence and reasoning capabilities of a $#*!roach. Never again. I am cancelling my membership.

sarahl6
Apprentice Reviewer
2/1/11

I got my 1st order and it was clothes . the wrong size (my fault) they took them back no prob online.
I decided to try them one more time for some brownies for my boyfriend. The sale info said they would not charge my card unless he submitted an order for the brownies..35 dollars later they claim no returns on this item..OK but the shipping is another 20 DOLLARS FOR F@#$ING BROWNIES?? Are they made of iron..why would shipping a few tiny brownies be so high????
I am losing 35 bucks and nobody at ideeli cares!! How are they saving us money? This is flat out robbery!!!!!
DON'T EVER ORDER ANYTHING HERE THAT CANNOT BE RETURNED , DON'T ORDER THE OVER PRICED BROWNIES OR COOKIES!!

heather-nicoleb
1/27/11

Placed second order on 11/23/10, never received it. Got 5 Day Delay email a month after order, offered a $10 voucher I never received, no response to two separate inquiries, and was just told by the live customer service chat that my order was canceled because my credit card they charged 3 days later for a separate order was somehow declined. Cashing in voucher and checking out.

"customer service" (888-835-1719)
They are apparently still dealing with the holiday season on January 27, 2011. In a word, scam-tastic.

diannat
1/26/11

I placed my 1st order last week. I was reluctant after because I didn't know much about the site other than the great deals you can get. I ordered 2 pairs of black boots (over the knee and knee high). No one I know have used this site. I decided to search the reviews. After reading some of the experiences on here I was expecting the worst. I was told the order would ship between 1-29 and 2-2. I thought that was reasonable. To my pleasant surprise both pairs arrived today and were brand new. Today, when I was shopping Macys on-line I found the exact same pair/brand for $70.00 I paid $35.00!!! You can say i'm in shopping bliss! I will definitely be using this site again!

skys
1/24/11

I like shopping a lot! But, usually I prefer to shop in actual malls and shopping centers, especially when it comes to clothing. Purchasing a dress online was something new for me. I was really excited to discover ideeli web site - the variety of clothing was awesome and prices were great too. However, I was worried to buy anything, so I decided to go to reviews. And I was shocked - most of the people who had an experience with ideeli weren't happy at all! So, I was thinking to myself, should I really do that, but in the same time I loved the dress that was on the web site, and I decide to give it a shot. I did order my dress, and guess what I didn't have any shipping issues, or my dress was a wrong size or color. It is just perfect! I'm glad that I decided to try ideeli, and I liked it! I think I will use this online store for my future purchases!

stephg2
1/21/11

I signed up for ideeli without reading the reviews. Then I saw all of these terrible things about how people hadn't gotten the right product, it had taken forever, yadda yadda yadda.

But...I was hooked by the prices so I tried it anyway. I've bought about 8 things from Ideeli.com on 4 separate occaisions. Each time, they have not only gotten my order correct, but it has also come around 4-5 days after I purchased it, which is waaaaaaay before it said it was going to arrive online. I've now decided to only shop at ideeli instead of gilt and hautelook, as I have also ordered items from those sites, and have yet to get them.

Thanks ideeli. :)

irisy
1/21/11

Wow, I wish I have read these reviews before I placed an order. I am just utterly surprised by the WORST customer service I have ever received. I placed an order ONE MONTH ago. I still have not received the item and sent two emails inquiring about the status of my order. I am speechless by the response I have received from them that does not address the issue nor apology for the such delay. The email response stated that it may take longer wait time because they provide high quality items. I have seen the same item on Nordstrom for similar price so they are not selling items for much cheaper price. So what service are they providing better? Longer wait time, not cheaper items, and HORRIBLE customer service. NEVER AGAIN will I place an order from this website. I HIGHLY do not recommend this website, AND I will make sure all my friends know about this clearly.

stephanieb8
1/20/11

This is the second time I have ordered from ideeli.com. The first time, I ordered a dress, and it came quick, correct size, and I was thrilled. I have looked at the site periodically throughout the year since then, and right before Christmas found a mirror. I placed my order and thought I was done. Then, a different day, I starting searching for other websites similar to this one, sample sales. In doing this, ic ame across this site- and started reading the HORRIBLE reviews about thesite. I was shocked! I crossed my fingers and paryed my mirror would arrive safe, and in one piece. First, I received the email about the 5 day delay, which I had read about. Of course the 5 days took more like ten. Then, my order finally arrived yesterday, a month after ordering. I carefully laid the box on the floor, and started tp slide my mirror out of the box- and the thing completely fell apart. The glass, surprisinlgy was the ONLY thing intact. The mirror is in shambles. After reading everyone elses reviews abouyt their TERRIBLE customer service, I decided to take it is a $40 loss and lesson learned. I did write the customer service people, but feel it would be more headache, to pay for shipping back, and deal with this company for god knows how long. I choose to maybe fix the mirror with a lot of glue and nails, and never, never, order from this company again.

annam6
1/10/11

Wouldnt recommend. They do cut slack on clothing and accessories, but their service is horrible. They say 14 days return, but read the fine print its from the day they ship.. so by the time it gets to you, 10 days passed..

melissal4
1/8/11

BUYER BEWARE. I ordered a hair dryer from Ideeli. It took a little longer to ship then I would have liked but I eventually got it and was happy with it. They then proceeded to ship me two more hair dryers I DIDN'T ORDER. Their customer service has given me the run around and has not reimbursed me for shipping these two items back to avoid being charged. It cost me $26 to ship back these two hair dryers that never should have been sent to me in the first place. This company is not professional and will screw you over!

davidj13
1/6/11

Cost $8.00 a month to have the privilage to shop on their site for deals, Puchased something Nov 27 2010 arrived 1/4/2011 ... they charge $9.99 to get you your items 35 days later... avoid

lenaa
1/4/11

I have been shopping with them for over 6 months. Great deals and good value. Customer service slow but efficient. I prefer them to all others because of the incredible deals I have been able to get.

alonab
1/2/11

The worst site! Just reserved a hotel, only to discover that it is infested with bed bugs!! Now a nightmare to get a refund as customer service is non existent. Beware of this site.

pk5
12/31/10

Don't use them, they take forever to ship, even miss their own "estimated ship time", they send the wrong items, make mistakes in billing, and have bad customer service. Do not use them because you will spend countless hours trying to resolve your problems with idiots who just don't care!!!

mrsdd
12/30/10

I ordered from the top 3 sample sites this holiday season (Ideeli, Rue La La, and HauteLook). I ordered from all 3 a couple days before Christmas. Rue La La impressed me the most thus far. I had my package by Christmas Eve! Had my post office been open I would have been able to have the gift for Christmas, but I happily picked it up the next available business day. The dress was great and I was impressed. Ideeli arrived about a week after I placed my order. Not too shabby. Once again, the dress was as described, HOWEVER, I also ordered a watch and the color on the website looked RED. They sent me a PINK watch. I nor my daughter wear pink. So we had to take one for the team on that. As it was non returnable. I have yet to even have my package from HauteLook even shipped! So they come in dead last.

Regarding Ideeli, the fact that their return policy is so strict, I can't continue to be a customer. I am deleting my account as of today. The lessoned I learned is to do business with companies that are about TRULY pleasing their customer base (ie ZAPPOS). While I don't dislike the company I won't be recommending them to my mom, aunt, daughter and girlfriends. All who are bigger shoppers than I am.

tomc11
12/23/10

Just received a pair of boots ordered for my wife. The shoes had definitely been worn before. The leather was scuffed and the soles dirty. Selling used items as new is absolutely unacceptable. Am tempted to contact NY Consumer
Protection Bureau.

sadeb
12/18/10

I'm beyond pissed. This is my first purchase from this site. I ordered a watch on Dec 10 that was guaranteed to arrive by Dec 23. I received an email last night indicating they need an additional 5 business days which means that it won't arrive until after Christmas. This is a Christmas gift for my husband. I contacted customer service and I sent an email. Anyone have any suggestions? Based on the reviews I see this is typical for this website. After I get this item, I will be deleting this account. Online shopping should be stress free!

vitala
12/14/10

Guys,

I think we should go on their Facebook page as well and post some comments, because everything is perfect and nice there... maybe in this case they will respond better. My "story" is that I purchsed items from ideeli from a tiziana cervazio that were supposed be "made is Italy". You couln't believe this quality - your cheapest merchandise from Walmart and some 1 dollar store looks better and higher quality. I attempted to return it for money back because I don't trust them any more to buy something else, I don't know where they take their counterfeit to sell...

Best Online Clothing Stores Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber