US Government's NSF

1st Review:
riyak

426 Reviews for Ideeli

Review Highlights

They gave me a one-year $25 credit as a "courtesy".

I ordered a 400 something D&G dress for the wedding.

But by then you have passed to the 14 day return date.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

1/21/11

Wow, I wish I have read these reviews before I placed an order. I am just utterly surprised by the WORST customer service I have ever received. I placed an order ONE MONTH ago. I still have not received the item and sent two emails inquiring about the status of my order. I am speechless by the response I have received from them that does not address the issue nor apology for the such delay. The email response stated that it may take longer wait time because they provide high quality items. I have seen the same item on Nordstrom for similar price so they are not selling items for much cheaper price. So what service are they providing better? Longer wait time, not cheaper items, and HORRIBLE customer service. NEVER AGAIN will I place an order from this website. I HIGHLY do not recommend this website, AND I will make sure all my friends know about this clearly.

1/20/11

This is the second time I have ordered from ideeli.com. The first time, I ordered a dress, and it came quick, correct size, and I was thrilled. I have looked at the site periodically throughout the year since then, and right before Christmas found a mirror. I placed my order and thought I was done. Then, a different day, I starting searching for other websites similar to this one, sample sales. In doing this, ic ame across this site- and started reading the HORRIBLE reviews about thesite. I was shocked! I crossed my fingers and paryed my mirror would arrive safe, and in one piece. First, I received the email about the 5 day delay, which I had read about. Of course the 5 days took more like ten. Then, my order finally arrived yesterday, a month after ordering. I carefully laid the box on the floor, and started tp slide my mirror out of the box- and the thing completely fell apart. The glass, surprisinlgy was the ONLY thing intact. The mirror is in shambles. After reading everyone elses reviews abouyt their TERRIBLE customer service, I decided to take it is a $40 loss and lesson learned. I did write the customer service people, but feel it would be more headache, to pay for shipping back, and deal with this company for god knows how long. I choose to maybe fix the mirror with a lot of glue and nails, and never, never, order from this company again.

1/10/11

Wouldnt recommend. They do cut slack on clothing and accessories, but their service is horrible. They say 14 days return, but read the fine print its from the day they ship.. so by the time it gets to you, 10 days passed..

1/8/11

BUYER BEWARE. I ordered a hair dryer from Ideeli. It took a little longer to ship then I would have liked but I eventually got it and was happy with it. They then proceeded to ship me two more hair dryers I DIDN'T ORDER. Their customer service has given me the run around and has not reimbursed me for shipping these two items back to avoid being charged. It cost me $26 to ship back these two hair dryers that never should have been sent to me in the first place. This company is not professional and will screw you over!

1/6/11

Cost $8.00 a month to have the privilage to shop on their site for deals, Puchased something Nov 27 2010 arrived 1/4/2011 ... they charge $9.99 to get you your items 35 days later... avoid

1/4/11

I have been shopping with them for over 6 months. Great deals and good value. Customer service slow but efficient. I prefer them to all others because of the incredible deals I have been able to get.

1/2/11

The worst site! Just reserved a hotel, only to discover that it is infested with bed bugs!! Now a nightmare to get a refund as customer service is non existent. Beware of this site.

12/31/10

Don't use them, they take forever to ship, even miss their own "estimated ship time", they send the wrong items, make mistakes in billing, and have bad customer service. Do not use them because you will spend countless hours trying to resolve your problems with idiots who just don't care!!!

12/30/10

I ordered from the top 3 sample sites this holiday season (Ideeli, Rue La La, and HauteLook). I ordered from all 3 a couple days before Christmas. Rue La La impressed me the most thus far. I had my package by Christmas Eve! Had my post office been open I would have been able to have the gift for Christmas, but I happily picked it up the next available business day. The dress was great and I was impressed. Ideeli arrived about a week after I placed my order. Not too shabby. Once again, the dress was as described, HOWEVER, I also ordered a watch and the color on the website looked RED. They sent me a PINK watch. I nor my daughter wear pink. So we had to take one for the team on that. As it was non returnable. I have yet to even have my package from HauteLook even shipped! So they come in dead last.

Regarding Ideeli, the fact that their return policy is so strict, I can't continue to be a customer. I am deleting my account as of today. The lessoned I learned is to do business with companies that are about TRULY pleasing their customer base (ie ZAPPOS). While I don't dislike the company I won't be recommending them to my mom, aunt, daughter and girlfriends. All who are bigger shoppers than I am.

12/23/10

Just received a pair of boots ordered for my wife. The shoes had definitely been worn before. The leather was scuffed and the soles dirty. Selling used items as new is absolutely unacceptable. Am tempted to contact NY Consumer
Protection Bureau.

12/18/10

I'm beyond pissed. This is my first purchase from this site. I ordered a watch on Dec 10 that was guaranteed to arrive by Dec 23. I received an email last night indicating they need an additional 5 business days which means that it won't arrive until after Christmas. This is a Christmas gift for my husband. I contacted customer service and I sent an email. Anyone have any suggestions? Based on the reviews I see this is typical for this website. After I get this item, I will be deleting this account. Online shopping should be stress free!

12/14/10

Guys,

I think we should go on their Facebook page as well and post some comments, because everything is perfect and nice there... maybe in this case they will respond better. My "story" is that I purchsed items from ideeli from a tiziana cervazio that were supposed be "made is Italy". You couln't believe this quality - your cheapest merchandise from Walmart and some 1 dollar store looks better and higher quality. I attempted to return it for money back because I don't trust them any more to buy something else, I don't know where they take their counterfeit to sell...

12/9/10

This site appears to offer high quality goods at discounted prices. Unfortunatey, their customer service is beyond awful. If there is a problem with an item ordered they qualify themselves up the wazoo in terms of whether they will issue refund for defective merchandise, promise to send return shipping labels, and weeks later they have done nothing. once i WAS able to locate their actual telephone number (888-835-1719), and a harried-sounding gentleman finally answered said they were really swamped... (maybe they should hire more help?) they rarely actually answer the phone. when finally you reach someone, they tell you that they will get to the matter the next day. But they don't. they obviously have a lot of preparation and money invested in setting up this business and site; I hope they got on the ball sooner rather than later with their customer service issues or they will be out of business before they can again say "we'll get on it tomorrow..." too bad. for those they've offended, they should offer future discount coupons or free shipping or some kind of appeasement. but nothing is offered but arrogance. their items look good, but the whole shopping experience with them has been an unneccessarily frustrating and aggravating experience. i .

12/7/10

I ordered for the first from ideeli. I loved the blouse even more once it was received. It arrived on the expected date. I wore the next day and received lots of compliments; however someone did notive a small tear on one of the sleeves. I was devastated...... Contacted idelli on a Sat.. and left a message and then left an e-mail. By Monday I received an email and also a personal call !!! Ed at customer service was very understanding and told me what I needed to do next;.

11/30/10

I ordered a dress, and it was shipped very quickly (ahead of schedule). The only problem was that the color was way off than what was pictured on the website. Normally if the color was a little off, it wouldn't bother me, but this was a much darker green instead of a softer, jade green, and green can go horribly wrong!

It was marked as not returnable, as is most of their merchandise. However, I immediately contacted them within a couple hours of it being delivered to me, and the Live Chat member was nice enough to accommodate me and e-mailed me a prepaid return label and I will get a store credit. Sure, it would have been much better to be able to get a refund, but I'll take the credit.

This was my first order, and although it didn't work out, I am willing to give them another shot. My experience with their service wasn't bad. There are many great deals to be found on their site. It's a shame this dress didn't work out, b/c it really is a great dress, but the color is just off.

11/30/10

I really enjoy shopping on ideeli. Yes there are shipping delays and sometimes an item is out of stock - but their prices are AMAZING - truly the best online. I do agree with the other reviewers but you have to realize that when you get a deal that good that it is going to come with a few strings ie delays and the chance that they had say 50 bags yet 70 people clicked buy it now and at the same time and there systems get overloaded and they can run out of stock. Personally I think some buyers expectations are too high its a bargain website take it for what it is and have fun with it. If your in desperate need of an item - don't use the - they are obviously dropshippers and sometimes lines get crossed - but if your looking for bargains go for it.

11/16/10

I was worried about the negative reviews at first. But Ideeli did not disappoint me.

I ordered a coat, which was discounted at a great deal as usual.
The estimated delivery date was a week later, but got an e-mail saying the item was shipped the day after I purchased it.
The delivered item was exactly as describe in the website.

Overall, seamless experience!

11/11/10

I was a little apprehensive after reading people's comments on this site, but I saw a dress I loved and went ahead and gave it a shot- and I'm glad I did! It came less than a week after ordering and was exactly what I wanted. The only thing I can't say I'm a fan of is the shipping charge. At nearly $10, it's kind of pricy if you're just ordering one item, as i did.

11/9/10

I have been contemplating buying some different things from Ideeli.com but after reading all of the reviews I am definitely not going to spend my money on a product that I am not certain I will ever receive. I find it unacceptable to have that many customers unsatisfied with your business.

11/1/10

Pretty bad, especially when compared with similar sites like Gilt & Rue La La. Ordered an item and was sent the wrong thing, which while I felt was intentional, (as despite item being available on the site, they said my item was 'sold out.' It seemed they thought incorrect item was one I might keep.) I wasn't too worried about, except that they don't offer cash back, and by the time you have the item delivered via ground and then returned, you run the risk of being outside of their window for creating a credit. Additionally, it was pretty terrible customer service and the whole operation seems fairly fly-by-night. Will not try them again.

10/26/10

I've made a few orders with this website, and have not had any issues. It seems the biggest gripe on here is with shipping; each of my orders have arrived in a timely manner. One took about a couple of weeks, but they didn't charge my card until it shipped. When you place the order in the cart, it tells you the expected ship date people! And even then I still get it before then. I'd hate to see this site go under, because of the opportunity to get such quality designer things at (mostly) reasonable prices. One bag I got for half of the retail price, and before I purchased it I did some research on kitson.com, and they were selling the exact same bag at the same time at full price! As far as I'm concerned, they're legit.

10/11/10

I've been an ideeli member for months now. I referred a friend, and got a $25 credit when they purchased something. She said it did take a little while to receive her purchase, but it was clearly marked before she selected her items and paid for them, that it would not be shipped for another 2 weeks. She received her items, as ordered with NO PROBLEMS. I used my $25 credit and made a purchase. It clearly stated before I checked out that the item would not ship for another 2 weeks. I got a notice 2 days later that my item had shipped, and recieved it the VERY NEXT DAY. The item was as I ordered it and I received multiple compliments on it.
I am surprised that so many people are having a bad experience. My same friend also ordered a dress through this site that clearly said no returns, and she had viewed the measurments to make sure she got the right size. Once it came it was clearly too short for her to wear in public and keep her self respect. She called the customer service line, explained that she had checked the measurements, and they allowed her to return the item. I think people reading these comments should keep in mind that normally people don't search for sites to leave comments unless they've had a bad experience. NOT EVERYONE HAS HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE!
A lot of the items you purchase are not returnable and take a while to ship, but it ALWAYS states that before you check out. Keep in mind that you are purchasing designer items at a discounted price, so please understand that they can't just give this stuff away out of the back of a truck.

10/7/10

I am so grateful for these reviews! Loved the 'deals' but lucky for me nothing caught my eye enough to buy it - then I wanted to check what others were saying and so glad I have - thanks!!

Now to anyone having trouble, not receiving orders, not getting a refund and you paid with a c/c - I have a word to remember when you purchase online REVERSE THE CHARGE!!

Contact your c/c company, let them know what has happened and have the charges reversed. Stores have to play by the rules just like the rest of us - if they will not return your money the c/c will make sure you do.
cheers
Sandy

9/29/10

Hi you didn't post my first review. So I'm thinking you may only post the negative things, I don't know. If so that is really unfair to ideeli. I happen to like ideeli. I have got some really cool things on there at a deep discount. I've had one mishap and it was resolved quickly.

9/29/10

ordered from and agree with all the other unhappy buyers. They take FOREVER and then some to mail out items. I've gotten items from china via reg. mail faster than this place. Items aren't even at a good discount. I can get most of that stuff myself for less. I do better on Ebay too.

9/28/10

I made a purchase from ideeli of two Margaret O'Leary sweaters. There was no problem with the order or with the return of one of the sweaters (for which I got a store credit). The sweater I kept has been disappointing as the linen picked so badly afer one wearing it looks years old. The one I returned was returned because it's construction looked like a factory second.

I then purchased a creme color Da Nang silk tunic to use the credit I had. Again, no problem with the sale. However, upon opening the box (which arrived within the time stated) I was very surprised to see the ugliest color tunic, which resembled the picture in stye (with differences) but is nowhere near the ivory color shown in the picture. In looking back at the order it did say Gold tunic but I just assumed that is what they were calling the ivory color (and if this color is gold it is a very badly burnished dirt/olive/gold).

I didn't write after the first experience but just felt I had to now. So I am again going to have a credit which I will have to use. At $10 shipping every time I order I am now regretting my expereince. My advice - although the site doesn't say it please be aware that you are probably getting factory seconds which are flawed in some way. Either that or you will get an item that is similar to what is shown in the picture, but not necessarily the same. I would not receommend this site to a friend.

9/22/10

I'm very surprised with the reviews on this site. I have been a regular shopper at Ideeli for a very long time and have never had an issue with the service. All my garments were the correct size, shipped within the time frame indicated, sometimes even sooner. Can't beat the price!

9/18/10

I love it! Here's why - it has some really genuine designer stuff, that i won't even look at otherwise, at insanely low prices - thats the bottom line.

But of-course, since nothing comes free, you have to pay for this in other ways
- it charges $10 for shipping, which, in my view, is insane
- it takes ages to reach you. But, the shipping dates are specified next to the product in your cart. And, till date, i have almost always received items before the estimated dates. There was a delay once. But i didn't mind it because ideeli gave me a $10 credit for that.
- Some of the products cannot be returned - again, this is clearly noted next to the product description
- You have only 7 days (from shipping date) to return the item - so you never buy something unless you are sure you'll keep it
-Unless you decide to pay for the membership, lost of cool stuff gets sold out before you get to it
- Your cart is not saved for more than 10 min. Hence, if you thought you could save the cart, fill it up, and then order (and save some shipping costs), it does not work

Despite all this, i have been able to get some really good stuff from there so i am going to go back. Also, in the last year, i have shopped there atleast once a month if not more. With experience, i have gotton better at using the site.

9/15/10

decent site, but flat $10 shipping fee, and an order placed on September 1st and I JUST received an email stating SOME of my items have shipped on Sept 15th WTF? I have never heard of anything this SLOW without advance notification. Will I ever see what I've ordered?

9/1/10

Everything I have ordered came to me exactly when they said it would. I have ordered at least 20 times with them. All the dates have been spot-on. People, you don't get your stuff right away. Period. But you should already know that when you buy from them. But when you get soemthing that is 70%, it's worth the wait. As for their customer service, it is existing. No phone numbers, but every email I have written to them, they have responded immediately with an automatic-response email that says we will contact you in 24-48 hours and you guessed it, they did. They're a great website people, come on. Work with them a little . You're getting the best stuff at almost 70% off! And yes, everything I ordered was perfect. I loved it all. Thank you Ideeli. You are 4 stars with me!

8/23/10

Once you have an item that needs returning you find out that you get store credit only but worse :if the price of the item you purchase is not as high as the price of the returned merchandise, you loose the difference. They consider it redeemed. In my book that's called robbery.

8/21/10

I bought the CuisineArt knives from O Magazine's 31 August #. It arrived promptly BUT is obviously a returned item. The box was ripped and poorly "mended" w/ packing tape, the knife block is filthy including dirt inside the knife slots, several knives show evidence of previous use. (Etching, etc.) Adding insult to injury - 3 knives have bent tips. No way to reach them. The deal sounded great but.... I wonder if Oprah has had complaints. Anyone else have problems w/ knife set?

8/16/10

bought a dress. perfect transaction. came in less than one week. exactly as described. Site requires a mature person who has read the terms- no refunds, only credits given, range of delivery times, due to nature of site-fantastic deals on high end merchandise and designer clothing not normally available to average consumer- you have to have some flexibility. know what you want, know your body type, do not try to return worn clothing. keep all tags and packaging. Items are leftovers from shows etc. so sometimes they cannot get their hands on merchandise due to competing interests from other sites. you are going to have some disappointments due to competition for a limited resource. I know I will win some and lose some. Something else will come along if you miss out on a bargain and what bargains. LOVE THIS SITE. with two girls and myself, a great way to be on the runway at home for a fraction of the cost.

8/16/10

I just had my first experience with ideeli.com and I have nothing to complain about. I ordered a dress by Hype. The very next day (8/12) I received an emailing stating that my dress had shipped. I received the dress today (8/16) and it looks perfect! I ordered this dress for my honeymoon so I wasn't really on the "hunt" for that designer item that I've been longing for, like many people do on this site.
After I ordered the dress, I found the same one on overstock.com but it was $50 more on overstock! I'm definitely happy with my order and cannot way to look hot in my dress in St Lucia!

8/13/10

This company has a great idea with horrible I would even go as far to say unethical practices! I received my purchased items all except 3. All items were shipped in the same box. The box and contents were perfectly in tact. The packing tap was not disturbed at all and all products within the box were pleasantly packed. So the issue must be that the items were never packed in the first place. I told this to ideeli , but they disregarded the facts and took no reaponsiblity. They disregarded all the facts and pinned the mistake on UPS! So UPS took the blame and eats the cost of ideeli's problems. Ideeli gets off Scott free with out a hitch.

8/11/10

I see that all of my other reviews have been taken off . I wrote another on 21 August about an order being shipped that expired on 1 September 2010. I was wrong. Oops. It did not ship until today!!! MY bad. Who knows when I will get and again it expires in 9 days. How in the ___ ( fill it in) am I going to use $50.00 worth of eat-out coupons in 9 days. That is assuming I receive these tomorrow. I do not have the inclination let alone the money to eat out every night for 9 days. Ideeli has out classed themselves. I am trying to cancel my order and get credit for it but I doubt that will happen. We will see.
AK Woods
akw.woods@gmail.com

8/10/10

My ideeli shipment order that I am waiting on, though technically processed today--really physically left UPS today. And when I checked on my Ideeli.com account on my order, I now have only *13* days left for returns!!!

That's VERY unethical. That means by the time I receive my order, in 6 days, I'll only have 6 days to send any returns back--not a full 14. Buyer Beware! They don't advertise this at all!

And they have the slowest processing and shipping dates of *ALL* the Budget Luxury shipping sites (Ruelala, Gilt, Hautelook, etc)! Keep that in mind before you buy!!!

8/9/10

I have no problem with their customer service...I bought one item and received it before the "expected shipping dates"...my problem is with some of the prices...DO YOUR RESEARCH ONLINE before you buy to make sure you're getting the lowest price. A couple of weeks ago they had a French Connection dress that was selling for a lower price on the French Connection website...and today they have a corso como sandal that is selling for a lower price on the corso como website (and the designers are offering free shipping)...I sent customer service a message about this, and they just thanked me for my thoughts! So, at random I decided to research another item on sale, Donna Karan black slide ons (on sale now)...and its selling at endless.com for about $35 lower + free shipping!!!! All I'm saying is...do your research. I just saved about $15 by buying the sandals from corso como. Maybe with higher end products (e.g. Gucci, etc.) their deals are the best...I don't know.

7/22/10

Maybe all of the complaints have made a difference in their customer service because I ordered a blouse on Monday, 7/19 and recieved it Thursday, 7/22. This was my first purchase and I love the blouse.

7/14/10

Don't buy from here unless you don't mind being charged for something only to never receive it. I love the $10 shipping charge - what exactly does that pay for if they never ship it?

I ordered something from ideeli, then three weeks later ordered a few things from Gilt.com. Both the Gilt.com things are here and wonderful. The ideeli stuff is nowhere to be found.

Also, I almost bought a pair of jeans off ideeli yesterday then found the exact same thing on overstock.com only CHEAPER and $1 shipping. LAME.

7/13/10

i should have done more research on this site before signing up, let alone buying anything. they have cute clothes at a reasonable discount, but their shipping is absolute $#*!. I ordered a single dress...a month ago. I just got an email that my billing information has been received but nothing has been sent. Absolutely frustrating. I'm going to assume I won't get this dress for another 2 weeks (minimum) and hopefully I will be surprised. Doubt it.

7/11/10

I don't review sites because I never have any strong opinions on them good or bad. I stumbled upon ideeli through another site and immediately bought a blow dryer off of there that I had been wanting forever and just happened to be serendipitously available that day for a ridiculously low price on ideeli. I usually read reviews before to scope everything out before money is involved, but in this case I took a risk. Luckily I did because these reviews in no way reflect my experience with ideeli. I started to expect super slow shipping based off the reviews but my blow dryer came in less than a week, as fast or faster than any other site I'd buy from. So if shipping speed is a concern, maybe they have fixed a glitch or two.

7/2/10

I've read the bad reviews for ideeli and I have to say that so far I have nothing but good things to say about them. All of my orders have timely arrived and, further when I returned a pair of shoes, I received a credit with no problem. I used the credit for another purchase. Both my daugther and I enjoy ideeli and have had no problems with the some 5 purchases we have made over the last 5 months.

6/28/10

Don't bother. Their return policy is horrible. They will not refund shipping even if the item is broken and damaged. I have ordered now 3 times and each time something has been wrong with the item!!! Now I am out $30 in shipping, crazy!!!

6/25/10

Well,well to say that ideeli is horrible is practically a compliment.
Do not waste your time,they are many others professional private sale sites that offer great value AND customer support:

Gilt
RueLaLa
Editor's Closet (this site can be a bit spotty too, but they have gotten their act together lately)
Haute Look
Top Secret
Row Nine
Glam List
Gomatta Girls
OKL -for home stuff

With so much competition there is no need to put up with the antics of clowns playing at having a business..

6/22/10

They owe me $200 in returns and I asked them to credit my card back since they've been also very bad in managing my account and I am still waiting for my refund. I keep on talking on one customer service person to another, leaving messages for the manager, but at no avail. They charged me for an order, gave me account credit when I returned it then one month later charged me again for the same order. I called and told them that they overdrew my account and should at least have called me before charging for no reason and I got the sleaziest defensive behavior even. They are the worst, their shipments can take up to 2 months and their accounting is a total mess. Don't bother to shop!

6/21/10

I take care of most of shopping by online and this is one of my favorite sites. I often compare pricing on same product by different online shopping sites, and ideeli usually offers the same item at the lowest price. Their shipping turnaround time is not the fastest and inconsistent but I'm not in hurry of getting these items anyway. So I can deal with slower shipping time. Overall, it's a cool website and they do give courtesy credit when their shipment gets delayed.

6/16/10

well i saw the ads everywhere on my yahoo mail i shop on-line a lot...im a sucker for designer bags so i ordered one from ideeli.com and my experience was good....my shipping date was about 3 weeks away and i ended up getting my bag sooner then expected and i had it checked to make sure that it was real and it is so i got a 300.00 bag for 50.00 i have no complaints but reading the other reviews it may be a while before i feel comfy to order something from their site! sounds like the first order goes pretty smooth and then it gets worse from there :(

6/15/10

I ordered a dress from this site, it took much longer than the estimated amount of time to be shipped to me.

When I opened the box, there was clearly a large snag in the fabric of the dress, which had been shipped in a plastic bag. This was directly under a Quality Assurance tag. I don't know who's checking the quality of these products, but they need to have their eyes checked.

I got a credit for the dress, but not my shipping, which is terrible customer service. I don't appreciate paying $10 shipping for a product that should never have been sent to me.

6/14/10

What a nightmare. Good luck returning anything. I initiated a return immediately after purchase and have been trying DAILY ever since for them to send me a return sticker from UPS. The first few days, I received their stock email, about waiting 1-2 business days for the label to arrive. We emailed back and forth six times, always with the same response from them, and the label never appearing. Now, they don't even respond to my email. I'm beyond angry. I just want to never deal with them again.

About Ideeli