US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

alexp9

I had my first encounter with a relatively condescending customer service rep. (in 227 reviews)

oxanad

Overall, I'm very happy with ideeli.com and will order again! (in 325 reviews)

irinat

I returned the dress expecting money credited back on my card but they gave only store credit. (in 46 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

mayaw1
11/25/14

I will have to give 5 stars for my experience. Although this was my first purchase from Ideeli, I have to say it was a pleasant/normal experience. I was looking to order a MK handbag and wallet as I was also looking at Macys as well. Ideeli was slightly cheaper so I chose to save a few dollars. Prior to my purchase I emailed to asked if the products being sold are 100% authentic being the prices are quite affordable. The next day I received an email assuring me the products are authentic and the prices are low because they have rather small inventory which helps them move product fast and replenish. I ordered my bag and wallet and received them a week later, 2 days a head of shipping. That's my personal experience and I hope it remains that way.

christinea14
11/22/14

This company is awful. They sent me the wrong products. Customer service was rude when I informed them of the mistake. I returned the products, I waited a week after it arrived at warehouse to contact them regarding my credit. They told me to wait longer- then they only credited me one product. I had to contact again. Did not get full refund until a month later. They're customer service correspondence is via email which I didn't like.

ac13
11/21/14

Bought from ideeli several times - the stuff is nice online, but the quality isn't great for the price. Got a plain cotton shirt for 19 dollars + 10 dollars shipping, to find out after a few washes that it shrank to a baby tee and lint/pills all over, now it looks like a rag, and i only wore it about 3x. And is there a reason why the shipping is 10 dollars flat fee? Compared to Jcrew and other retailers, I would not shop on ideeli.com any longer. Only had to buy something from there is because I bought a bunch of stuff, which wasn't what i expected so I had to return it (and paid extra return shiping) and had a running credit. bleech..

kf19
11/20/14

In reading many posts I must state I recently made a purchase on 11/17/2014. I was concerned because so many had unfortunate encounters with the company. Well, I will say this, NO PROBLEMS. All the merchandise was fine and shipped on time. Thank you Ideel.

emmaz1
11/13/14

every order with every credit card i have had has been cancelled by the site. it always tells me pending authorization, and to add a new card. when i do add yet another new card, the same thing constantly happens. i gave up after my third attempt at buying something failed. this site is ridiculously bad, stay away!!!!

yk7
11/13/14

Very unimpressed with the customer service. My order was cancelled a day after placing the order because my husbands account has the billing address as mine (not sure what is so difficult to understand). I tried contacting ideel several ways.
1. chat- tried speaking to 2 different representatives, but neither could help me, they said they would refer me to someone higher who would email me within 24 hours, a little late if I want to get the deal before it expires.
2. email, the responses are not very helpful and it takes a very long time to get a reply.
3. phone, tried calling several times and left messages, haven't heard back from them.

aa107
11/12/14

I placed an order on Ideeli last week. While my credit card was charged, I never received a confirmation email and the order has disappeared off my account. The online chat rep says they have no record of the transaction (again, there is clearly a charge from Ideeli on my card).

veronicaw6
11/10/14

Horrible! not only it takes them 1 month to ship anything! Their shoes came with no box, NO BOX for $100+ shoes, and their accessories came in a paper bag, all the clothing color is off, you can spend the same amount of money to get nicely packaged and fast ship items from Myhabit, Hautelook or Rue la la, will never buy again!

tinac21
11/7/14

I've been their customer for a year now. Stuff I purchased were mostly low-priced items so everything was fine, until last week. I received this 20% off coupon so I decided to use it on some designer shoes. Suddenly saw this Ferragamo Vara and immediately made the purchase. So excited to open the box when UPS finally arrived and guess what? Wrong item! it's still Ferragamo but the style or the color all went wrong. And what's worse? It's a worn item! So somebody else must've returned it. There is no dust bags、no stuffings in the shoes and the packaging was terrible! I don't believe it's an honest mistake, they simply don't want their customers to use the 20% off coupon on items priced above 30 dollars. Already wrote a letter to costumer service and hopefully to get my refund without a hassle. After this experience, I will never purchased from them again.

jillm29
11/7/14

i purchased a dress from groupon which was showing dresses from ideel. I loved my purchase and went to the ideel site to purchase another one. It showed that it had it but when i clicked it would not go into my cart. I did a live chat with 2 different customer service reps but they were not helpful at all. I just wanted the buy the same type of dress i purchased from groupon, no big deal. well it became a big deal because they did not know what i was talking about. frustrating. it was the all black glamour wrap dress in 16W it also came in multiple colors.

Tip for consumers: if it comes on groupon. get it other wise the ideel site is not good

donnag23
11/6/14

Bad experience, tried several times to work within the site, not user friendly. You only have 19 minutes to complete a purchase otherwise your items get deleted from your cart if you have not completed your transaction. Then when you try to select your same items again to put in your cart they are not available. Also tried three times to select a size for the product to purchase and they put another size in the cart, couldn't get my size even though showing available. Will not use this site again, too time consuming and frustrating.

rekhas
11/4/14

This is the worst online shopping portal i have ever seen. I ordered 3 items and that too one month back and its not yet received. However the estimated shipping date in the beginning itself was too far from the date of my purchase. Now they have even crossed their own deadline without even informing me. Also be very careful when you are buying some stuff from Ideeli becoz if you want to refund the item back, they will not return your money rather they will store the same in store credit of Ideeli acct, so now u will suffer again purchase something from them.

racheld1
11/2/14

Had good experiences..until I had a PROBLEM!!! I have purchased and returned from this site many times in the past without issue - if item didn't fit etc wasn't the sites problem BUT now that I spent a $150 on an item that didn't arrive as described and with missing parts I have tried to reach customer service to NO AVAIL. I was promised an initial response in 24 hours hours but stated they usually respond in less than 4,,, well over 30 + hours for mine and then there their answer was ..send pics of the defective item ---- ok fair ... I did SO 2 DAYS AGO still NO response.. I am giving them 24 hours before I dispute charge with credit card...what a waste of my time!! i shop a lot of sample sites and I have had NO or little issue with their customer service on bad or defective items or returns ..first and as far as I'm willing shop LAST bad experience I want with this site!

mikes245
10/30/14

Horrible, terrible, very bad company! Ordered a dress. Paid for expedited shipping. They sent a completely different dress. Their only response is return it, as they no longer have the one I ordered. If I purchased the dress and it was the last one, why don't they still have it? Did they send that one to someone else? Are they selling air and hoping you keep the other dress, that they can't move otherwise? It looks like trough these reviews that this is common practice! Stay away!

Tip for consumers: Run!!!!

bc39
10/28/14

I ordered three items for a total of $144.90, two of the three were not what I ordered, completely the wrong items. Not to good so far. I kept one Marrakesh Dress and returned the other two items with a note explaining the error. I was refunded $54.95. That pretty much sums it up. My $40 dress cost me $90 after all the miscellaneous charges, it was totally their mistake. Don't believe the "Free return" business, it will cost you.

Tip for consumers: Returns are going to be very expensive, not such a good deal after all. Don't be fooled.

cynthiad10
10/9/14

Been a customer of Ideeli now Ideel since 2008 and had few issues with returns or quality of merchandise until recently. On Oct 6 I placed a small order less than $30.00 to be billed to my paypal account. I had $50.00 cash available in that account and my bank account and 2 credit cards for backup. On Oct 7 at 2:14 am I got an email that they were unable to process my payment and that I had 48 hours to update my info and if questions contact customer support. At 5:22 am I emailed customer service questioning the problem, and did update with an additional credit card. Monique from customer service responded at 1:13 pm and in less than 48 hours the item that should have been on hold for me is gone. The order still shows as pending on my account and paypal is still holding my cash with my order set to expire Jan 4, 2015. I have emailed Ideel 3 more times now because I would like my cash released and a $10.00 credit returned to my account and my emails are ignored. No response in 24 hours as they promote on their website. Recommend this site? - NO, and it's a shame because they do get some great merchandise. But what good is that if you can't even get customer service to do their job when problems arise.

UPDATE: I was contacted by a supervisor in Ideel's customer service department in regards to my order/payment issue. Jessica, who is a supervisor in the customer service department, explained that there were technical issues involving paypal authorizations and she was able to my satisfaction clear the hold on my money. Ideel has just started using paypal as an option for payment so as with any new procedures I should have expected there to be bumps in the road. Unfortunately, I hit the bump. On the positive side, Jessica will bring this issue to the attention of the appropriate department so future purchases for customers hopefully won't have this problem.

I have upgraded my rating to 5 stars, which is what I would have given it had I not been so frustrated in trying to get this resolved. I will continue to shop at this site and have done so even while this issue was ongoing. I have been a customer for so long, always satisfied with the quality and quick shipping of merchandise, ease of return, that I just couldn't believe this was happening to me.

Thank you Jessica for handling this for me and promising to address the issues I experienced with the appropriate departments.

bonnieb39
10/9/14

BEWARE! I am 99% sure this site is a scam. I placed an order at the beginning of the week and was called to 'verify' the order. They left a voicemail with instructions. I called back and followed the instructions within a couple of hours. The next day, I get a call to verify my order from Shayna with Loss Prevention who says there was no record of my confirming the order the day before. She says that they only have a recording of a different order #-- one I had canceled. She lied to me completely and refused to play back the recording for me. The outfits I had ordered were time sensitive and I had chosen 2 day shipping so they wouldn't get to me til after the weekend I needed them. I asked her who was doing the shipping and she hesitated before saying UPS. It was like she was trying to come up with an answer. Pathetic. I had them cancel the order because I caught on to their scam. I warn others to do the same!!

tiffany-l
9/26/14

I don't understand how this website can have such bad reviews? I'm from Southern California & I ordered my ray bans September 22nd and received them today which is September 26!!! Less than a week! Unbelievable. Such awesome service and fast shipping. I'm so pleased with my order. I really hope that the bad reviews will not affect your thoughts about ordering. Thank you so much ideel!

gd13
9/21/14

Horrible customer service! I was appalled by the way they handled my inquiry. I was trying to buy a dress on the Ideeli app that was listed for $119.99. When I got to checkout, the price went up to $189.99. After I contacted customer service, via online chat because no one is available ever by phone, and proved to them that the listed price and the checkout price were different, they told me that someone would contact me within 24 hours, which they never did. The customer service agents are worthless. They just tell you a supervisor will call you. Do not ever shop here!!!

lisah42
9/21/14

BEWARE! I've purchased a number of items from Ideeli, some were fine and others looked cheap. I'm livid because: a couple of weeks ago, after I'd placed an order, Ideeli charged my debit card TWICE. I then spoke to them via their online chat, and they told me they never charged me twice! I was livid. I called Bank of America and had them take off the second charge. However, that second charge had put my acct. into overdrawn status! Also, one isn't allowed to call Ideeli customer service. I was told a number of times by online chat, that customer service would call me. Two out of three times they never called! There is much more to this story, but I'm exhausted even thinking about it, let alone having to write about it. I'd already had to contact their chat numerous times about some other problems with the order mentioned above, and I'd had enough with their companies horrible policies.

yingh2
9/12/14

I had good experiences with the site at first. The shipping was fast. However, after one incident I decided to never shop there again. They have lost my trust.

I ordered from Ideeli a while back. The first orders were free shipping. Then I got emails saying I get 1 month of free shipping. So when I tried to order again I kept on getting shipping charges. So I contacted Ideeli about it before ordering, and they told me I can place the order and someone will help me remove the cost after. Unfortunately I believed them and since it's international shipping I had to deal with another company i-Parcel. After weeks of email exchanges the said they would refund the money. It has been more than a month now and I still haven't gotten a refund.

alisonc8
9/11/14

Reading the other reviews, I hope this one doesn't jinx me to get some bad service in the future. However, I just have to say that I've been shopping with Ideeli/Ideel for many years now and have made literally hundreds of purchases from them. They have always been prompt, returns have always been easy, and the quality of the garments has never been in question. Recently, I was emailed a 30% off and free shipping promotion. There was no code, it was just supposed to be applied if you purchased within the promo period. Well, I purchased and did not receive a discount. I emailed customer service and in 12 hours was emailed by a representative who created an individual coupon code for me to use on my next order that would generate 30% off and a $9.95 shipping credit. I have always been very satisfied with Ideel/Ideeli and this instance was no exception.

Tip for consumers: Makes sure you know if the item you're purchasing is returnable!

debih2
9/8/14

I ordered a pair of "blue leather loafers" for my husband as a gift! To my surprise the order received had two different shoes, one blue suede, and one blue leather! Who does that? Trying to get in contact with Ideel has been a job in itself. Can't get them on live Chat and cannot even get a return slip! Never again, the customers service sucks!! It has not been a good shopping experience, awful!

cco
9/5/14

The worst customer service experience I have ever had. A lot of these complaints are similar, not just coincidence I presume. My order was also cancelled because I was told there was an issue with my credit card. Although my card was charged weeks prior for the product. I too, paid partially for my order using a promotion code, oddly familiar with these other bad reviews that were also cancelled using promo codes.They never contacted me to inform me of this, they just sent me an email telling me it was cancelled.
They told me I could reorder the item but they would not honor my promo code anymore.
I received robot like responses from customer service, they didn't care that I wanted to end my membership and that I was very dissatisfied and never answered my last email.
Avoid them at all costs. There are so many other great shopping sites of this kind. I have received excellent customer service from sites like Gilt, Rue La La & Beyond the Rack.

patriciab40
9/4/14

I have to wonder if these folks want my money. My first experience happened a few weeks ago. I ordered and paid for a multiple piece order. Two items were missing and I contacted CS. They said they would credit my account but I told them the same items I ordered at the same price were on their site and why couldn't they just send them to me. Nope...they had to credit my account and then I had to place another order and pay the additional shipping. I tried to reason with the CS rep but she was having none of it. She told me "That is the way it is done." Amazon.com came through for me and I got what I needed in couple of days.

Today I tried to purchase 15 items for a closet I am redoing. I could only get 12 to go in my basket. I paid and then tried to create another order for the remaining three I needed. Nope....the web site said I was at my limit though I see nowhere that a limit is placed. I again contacted CS and was told I had hit my limit. I explained the issue and asked if she could help me as I needed these last three items. Nope....she is going to escalate it to someone else and I will hear in 24 hours. Seriously????

I shop with Gilt, Haute, One Kings Lane, Ruelala, and Joss and Main. I have had more troubles with simple issues with Ideeli than I have with all these other ecommerce sites combined.

I really needed these last three totes. They are still available hours later and I am willing to pay for them. Why isn't Ideeli willing to sell them to me? Why isn't anyone in CS willing to think outside the box? Why isn't Ideeli management empowering their front line staff to fulfill simple requests? Why are these people still in business?

Update on 9/4/14......Jason is correct. ideeli did all that he said in his email. Once I know the transaction has been completed successfully then my confidence will be partially restored and I will amend my review to reflect that. Until the products are in my hand I can't assume anything given the first issue I ran into with items . And, Jessica is the best. She was the first person I spoke to that genuinely wanted to help me. Jason, you are lucky yo have her.

Ideeli, I am pulling for you. Please don't let me down.

Tip for consumers: Avoid unless you want to experience a level of frustration that will make your nightmares seem like a happy place.

jenniferh59
8/8/14

Worst shopping experience ever. I order sheets and a set of drinking glasses. My item was returned to ideeli by UPS three times because it was sent damaged, with the glasses broken. I complained to customer service each time, and all they did was try to resend the order. They never offered better shipping or anything. Not worth the headache.

ashleyg31
8/1/14

UPDATE: Please ignore my 5 star review below and save yourself the hassle of being incredibly frustrated by avoiding ideeli. I was a huge fan of this site until they sent me wrong items that were of lesser value than what I paid - TWICE IN A ROW.

When I first contacted them about them sending me the wrong item, they said I had to ship it back to get a refund. Fine, but they should have given me a refund the second I shipped it back, especially seeing as how I used their shipping label and they can track shipping that way and oh yeah, that little part about sending me the wrong item. Secondly, I sent the product back and didn't receive a refund for three weeks until I wrote an angry email to customer service.

Now I just received a pair of pants that look nothing like the picture and are clearly of much lesser value than what I paid. This is ridiculous - it honestly feels like a scam. Last time I will be shopping there - I mean, the last two times I ordered one thing and got something completely different. So unless you're into that sort of thing, AVOID IDEELI.

_________________________________________________________________________

Hi!

I'm going to break down my rating by a few key categories. This is just the experience I've had using ideeli since around April 2014.

MERCHANDISE: The products (the ones I have purchased, at least) are good quality, authentic, designer pieces. They fit well and look like the pictures on the site. The prices are awesome - so awesome that a lot of times when I get around to checking the site by mid morning-noon, a lot of pieces are sold out. That's one downfall of a "flash sale" site, but that's to be expected.

PRICES: I'd say their pricing is very similar to TJ Maxx/Nordstrom Rack. Their sales are insanely good - I'm talking Free People pieces for $10!

DELIVERY: I have always received my deliveries within a week. This last delivery came within 3 days!

CUSTOMER SERVICE: I did receive an item with a small ink stain on the back. I emailed them and they emailed me back within a day, saying they would refund my credit card immediately and to dispose/donate the top as I saw fit. I thought that was pretty nice - a lot of companies won't refund you until they've even received the defective item back.

To sum it up, great customer service, great deals, great site. It's awful that other people have had bad experiences - like I mentioned, I've been using ideeli since April 2014, so hopefully they've really improved their processes since previous incidents. Hope this helps :)

nanad3
7/25/14

I just got off the phone with a sales rep by name of Jessica regarding a return. I had tried within a 3 month period to return items for store credit. I was out of the country and was unable to do so earlier. Upon making a recent move and coming across the unused items, one of which was a wrong item and not what I ordered, I thought I would try again. I did this as respectfully as possible and still got a very rude and disrespectful tone in return. Here is an except from my live chat.
"Jessica: However, if you insist on returning them, I will see if we're able to fully refund you - there would be no need to return - and we would close your account as it appears you are not happy with our return policy. "
me: It's unfortunate given the situation and my long time patronage of ideeli
me: i'm surprised you're offering to close my account. the issue at hand is returning items and i've been polite in my request
me: offering to close my account when i have not suggested that says you don't appreciate my business Jessica
Jessica: Yes, but you are not willing to comply with our policies
The rep offered to take my items but they would close my account. I was completely surprised since I had not asked for my account to be closed. I'm happy to share the whole transcript. But I was completely shocked by the tone of the rep in question especially after being a customer for almost 5 years now. I have ignored their cancelled orders, cancelled account and mistakes in orders. Merchandise is usually as shown but customer service is a hit and miss.

aliced15
7/14/14

I put in an order, then get an email saying they cancelled it because they thought it was fraud... I waste my time.. Very bad service! They don't want my money. I wish you to splurged quickly!

olgad6
6/30/14

Some updates to my review:
Eventually Jessica - Customer Service Supervisor (many thanks to her) answered and resolved my issue. Before that 2 or 3 of my messages to customer service were ignored and live chat managers were not able to answer me correctly.
I hope IDEELI will make some changes in their customer service and billing politics.

Hi! The worst Customer Service and my shopping experience ever.

I made an order on May 17, 2014 for the amount of 194.98 USD.
Transaction for the order was charged on June 02, 2014

Moreover, the company made 2 authorization holds on my credit card dated on 05/17/14, 05/20/14. When i wrote to customer service they told me that the holds will be removed in 2-3 days. Some of the holds were released, but for 1 hold i needed to wait for 1 month while my bank cancelled it.
Customer service representative Ed didn't give me any reasonable explanation for these 2(!!!!) unauthorised holds. But they confirmed that the funds were eventually collected on 2d June 2014.

Ok, i thought that i finished with ideeli, but on June 24, 2014 my card account was debited with the transaction for the amount of 194.98 USD again! My bank confirmed that the transaction was CHARGED (not blocked).

I again wrote to customer service and i was promised to get an answer next day. But i didn't get any answer at all. They just ignored me.

BUT THEY CHARGED ME 2 times for the one order (and they also did 2 additional pre-authorisation holds) and just disappeared.
I am lucky it wasn't the purchase for $1000, otherwise i will be charged for $2000.

I already called to my bank so they can investigate and cancel this fraud transaction.

And i will escalate my complaint to BBB.org as i am really tired to email complaints to their horrible customer service!!

Stay away from purchasing in Ideeli.com

brandih3
6/26/14

ANGRY!!!

I put in an order, then get an email saying they cancelled it because they thought it was fraud. The email said "If you believe this order was incorrectly identified as fraud or you have any questions please reply to this note or email us at support@ideeli.com." but gave no phone number. I replied to the email, saying it was incorrect and stupid me, I placed another order, even changing the credit card I used. THEN I get ANOTHER email saying my order was identified as fraud, and was cancelled. Ok, so I am glad that they are weary of fraud, but RESPOND TO THE EMAILS I SEND BACK!!! Horrid customer service!! These items I ordered are limited time offers (if you know the site, this is old news) so I'm so disappointed and upset. Needless to say, I will not be spending any more time or money on this site.

hebam
6/26/14

-0 stars. WORST customer service EVER. They do not know the first thing about this industry and have no etiquette. They bump you up to first row access for months and months at a time and then suddenly take it away! Not only that, but for several months I never had to pay shipping (who pays shipping anymore!??) and suddenly I had to pay. They made a mistake, and wouldn't even refund the shipping. I told them im never shopping with them again and they said "sorry mam we can't waive shipping" I'll pay the extra and shop www.myhabit.com / amazon. We are in 2014, this is nonsense. I am going to ruin their name among ALL of my circles. And TRUST me I've referred a boat load of people to them. I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars and have been a devout shopper since their inception. I have never been more disappointed with a company.

This industry is BOOMING right now, and with the competition, Ideeli wont last very long with the attitude they have. I am a nordys and bloomys type of gal, and customer service to me is of UTMOST importance to me. I've worked in retail for a good portion of my younger years as well and I know exactly how people SHOULD be treated. They are giving everyone else out there free shipping for 30 days, I'm pretty sure waiving a $10 shipping charge ISN'T going to break their bank. They also REFUSED to honor their recent coupon code over the phone since the site wasn't accepting it.

As soon as I receive my last pending to be shipped item, I am cancelling my account.

kimb309
6/25/14

Placed an order on 5 June for delivery to Australia. Advised that order would arrive by 19 June at the latest. Contact them for a tracking number and find the order hasn't even been sent on 12 June. Get the run around. Eventually advised that the order has shipped on 13 June to I-parcel and provided with a tracking number. Order delivered on 25 June - only one item was shipped and the rest of my $500 order (5 items) is missing and was never sent. Trying to find out where the rest is as it was all supposed to be delivered 10 days ago. Never ever again!!! Stay away.

eileenb7
6/21/14

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!I order a pair of shoes and got a totally different pair then I order and they will not send me the right shoes nor let me return them. I will never use this site again and will tell everybody I know to never use this site. I buy a lot things offline and this is by far the worst site.

melodyw1
6/12/14

I would give 0 stars if that even was possible. Do NOT use this site as it has the worst customer service I have ever experienced.
I bought my dad samsonite luggage and was very excited since it would be a father's day gift. Received a vmail 2 days ago saying I needed to call back and confirm my order to avoid fraud. Ok, sure. No other site requires this but I'm all for extra security. So I call back the number given to me and leave a message with my name and number since no one picks up. Then I receive a message today saying that my order has been cancelled. What?! Emailed the company asking why it's been cancelled since I called and got a snarky response back that they never received a message on their loss prevention number. Too bad the original representative who called gave me her number instead of loss prevention but then didn't have the decency to call me back and follow up to give me the right number or fix the order. Not only that, but the company doesn't even have the decency to try and reach out to Samsonite to place the order again for me. Just said that the sale was closed and that was it. So thanks, ideeli, for leaving me 3 days before father's day with no gift and terrible customer experience. Will be sure to never use your site ever again and recommend everyone else to stay away.

aparnaj
6/4/14

I was excited to try ideeli, since I LOVE groupon and buy stuff from them all the time. Don't. First, I bought a three items, WOO HOO! Free shipping? The items came and I chose to only keep one of the items. The item I kept wasn't great quality but I figured it still looked cute. The other ones: one was extremely poor quality and the other just looked cheap. These days, returns are so easy, I thought. Well, it was, but they either give you full store credit or you have to pay for shipping if you want a refund. Sneaky; I was not happy. But I opted for the store credit hoping to give them one more try. I ordered a dress and decided if this wasn't good, I just wanted a refund. I didn't like it, did not look as advertised at all, but since I used store credit, and the amount I paid in addition wasn't greater than the shipping costs, I have no choice but to take store credit. When will this relationship end? I just want my money back!!! Now I don't even get the choice!

jessicak19
6/3/14

Received my ferragamo wallet and it was very different from what was pictured on the site. I did the live chat to tell them my merchandise was different. Got Tricia, she was the most unhelpful rep I've had the displeasure of live chatting with. She told me to review my order and come back later. I wanted my wallet issue taken care of first because on the site I bought it as as a final sale. No where during the entire conversation I had with her she told me Ideeli would take the return. Just kept telling me to go back and review my order and then come back to talk to them. What the.... I firmly asked to speak with her supervisor and for her give me time frame of call back. She didn't , she just hung up on me. Some lady supervisor called me, didn't bother telling me her name, she told me she wasn't sure what was going with the order and told me hold while she got caught up. (Really? How unprofessional. At least know what's going on before you call) I told the story myself, then she started schooling me about when I should speak.... yeah right lady. I'm calling because I'm dissatisfied with a $400 wallet. Do you think I care about the other merchandise right now???? In the end, I read her the transcript of my conversation with Tricia and even she admitted her rep had made a mistake. I asked her, what are you going to do about my wallet. She nonchalantly replied, sorry we probably don't' have any of those available so only a return. The way the supervisor handled that conversation was atrocious. Honestly, I knew I was shopping at a bargain site and probably should have stopped me right there and then. I'm not expecting nordstrom or bloomingdale's level of service here but at least try to address the point the customer is trying to make and don't assume we can read your mind. Also train your managers and reps better. I could hear her groaning, sighing, and expressing her frustration at me because I was making legitimate points about what was wrong with her rep's way of handling my transaction. I wash my hands of this site. I thought with ideeli getting someone from bloomingdale's to head their business they would improve; sadly that doesn't seem to be the case. STAY AWAY!

tanias10
5/25/14

I ordered a pair of pants & got a lacy dress instead. When I contacted ideeli they said the pants were gone--just return the dress. I asked if they could they give me a small credit ($10 maybe) for my time, effort, and expense in returning it & they said no, just a refund. I was annoyed as I too like other complainers had spent thousands over the last several years shopping at their site. I returned the dress at my own expense (as I did not want to use their label & get a credit & have to shop there again). After weeks of getting no refund I contacted them & they said they never got it! I do not believe that, as the label was clearly typed on my husband's law firm address label, so if they did not get it, it should have come back--which it didn't. I am sure they got the package & just did not give me my money back. Goodbye, ideeli! 5/25/14: I want to thank Sitejabber for its help in my contacting ideeli for a previous problem (returning a product and getting no credit back). After posting, Ideeli did in fact contact me and explained what happened and now, months later, they have fixed the problem and issued my credit! So I have to reverse my prior post that this company did not do right by me, as now they have. Thanks, Sitejabber; thanks Ideeli!

msr4
5/22/14

My first experience was great! I don't really understand the negative comments. Love my shoes! Plus shipment was super fast! I'm glad I saw for myself and gave the site a chance. Happy Customer!

deimantes
5/21/14

I wish I could leave -5 stars , because it was THE WORST online shopping (if you can call it this way) experience ever!
I ordered $320 shoes (it was my first time ordering from this website), waited for a week to get it shipped, but... after a week I received an email saying that my order was canceled because of the fraud! I reach out to them the same day, and customer service representative Edward told me that it's TOO LATE (!) and the reason they cancelled an order is they called (when they didn't!) and that I didn't answer. First of all, I have been shopping online for 10 years and no other site called me to confirm my order!
After that I confirmed all my information by email, my shipping address, billing address (because it was different) and the phone numbers, I told his that they can call me anytime. Also I explained that I am US resident, my credit card is US credit card and I am visiting Canada for a month, that's why I asked it to ship to my friends address. He told me that my account was cancelled because I can't order anything if I am not in USA resident! Are you serious? I just told him that I AM! If I am visiting another country so that means I live there?? What's the difference where I am at the moment??? They have deals lasting just a day or two. I told representative that they can ship it to my billing address where I live, if that's less confusing for them. Or my friend can reorder it for me with her credit card. I just want my item. He didn't tell me anything how to reorder or how to get my item. Was simply useless and didn't answer to any questions! I asked 5 times to give me a customer service phone number, and he always skipped the question.
The most disappointing and the most trustless website ever.
Sadly I read all the reviews just after I had this experience myself.
I would honestly just suggest everybody don't deal with this fake website.

olgan4
5/15/14

The bodum bistro double wall cup 15oz is listed at originally $58 and they are selling for $40... After doing some online research I have yet to find an original price of $58 even on the bodum website the mug goes for $40.. so it is a little fishy that their original price is $58, when that price doesn't exist anywhere.. I even found them for $40 with a 15% discount on another site... I contacted the chat now crew and the representative was just dismissive, no help at all.. I thought ideeli was supposed to be a discounted site with the best prices.. not the original ones..

anniex1
5/11/14

A month ago I bought a Prada handbag from Neimen Marcus, but when I saw the same bag was on sale here on Ideeli, I immediately placed the order and returned the one from NM. I was so excited that I told everyone about the new site I found. The expected shipping date for my new bag was May 2-6, however, my bag is still not shipped after several days passing the date. I contacted the customer service about the delayed shipping date, and they said it might take ADDITIONAL 2 weeks for them to ship the item! It is unethical to put INACCURATE information on the site just to attract customers, especially when I returned my NM bag just to buy from their site! I was not that angry until I read some posts on this site about Ideeli. I’m very concerned if they are going to ship my item after 2 months or cancel my order for no reason due to their FAKE INVENTORY. I am not asking for a customer service as good as Nordstrom, but I expect to at least get my authentic item on time without dealing with all kinds of troubles or lies. I really hope they can ship my bag as soon as possible, since I already sent back the one I got from other store, and missed all other promotions while waiting for this Ideeli shipment. If they waste my money I will spare no effort to deal with it and warn other consumers!

adriannl
5/4/14

I bought a $30 dree from ideeli and was charged $10 for shipping. When the dress arrived it did not appear as the photo showed. When I went online to get my return lable from ideeli I learned I would have to pay $10 for their return shipping if I did not want a credit. I spent $40 and am being refunded $20 for a dress they did not present correctly. The material was nothing like it looked online.Very disappointing.

terryt28
4/30/14

After my account got flagged by IDEELI as fraud and got cancelled by them, they also had removed my previous $200 store credit. Worst than that I had an incoming 4 returned items worth of $129 also got confiscated after they received them (my account got cancelled AFTER my returned items received by IDEELI). I am still waiting for the remaining 12 items that I had placed on other orders and since they were already shipped (in transit till May) that they told I can no longer have the option to return for any reason because my account has been closed.

I am very very very disappointed, appalled by what they did to me. I now tell my friends to stay away from this site even though I was the one who highly recommended them before my account got closed. As a retail company, Word of Mouth Advertising is the most effective marketing strategy and way cheaper than any other methods. I am sad that they don't realize that 1 unhappy customer would cost them far more future customers that they could have gained to make one happy.

Goodbye, IDEELI!

raminderk
4/29/14

I bought a night suit which was labelled as Josie by Natori. When it arrived, it was labeled just 'Josie'; there was nothing about Natori about it.. The fabric is cheap as is the design.. From what I remember everything was returnable. Suddenly these pajamas are labeled not-returnable. If I had know that I would never have bought them. They were not cheap either, cost me 50 bucks.

kimberlyp8
4/23/14

I wish I could give 0 stars. I work the night shift so I usually shop online. I've shopped at Ruelala, Gilt, Hautelook and I understand that the 9.95 shipping fee is the price I pay for convenience. But this site is unreasonable.

I ordered something to give to a friend of mine for her birthday. I ordered it 3 weeks before the party since I figured that would buy me enough time and the last day of the "estimated date of delivery" window was 2 days before the party so I thought I was in good shape. A week later, the tracking number they gave me still didn't work so I used the live chat and they said sometimes it's not updated so give it some time and they weren't able to track it without the tracking number. While waiting, I ended up buying something else since I had the free shipping for 30 days and that package came quickly, a week after ordering it while I still didn't have tracking info for my first order. 2 days before the party, I finally get a working tracking saying it just left their place 3 weeks after I made the order. So I was livid, since that was supposed to be a present for a party happening in 2 days... It gets worse. My order finally gets to New Jersey, to a different city (which is normal) but then the next day, it goes back to Maryland... Then back to North Carolina? You would think there was something wrong with the address I gave but they had gotten it right one time already!!!! Why make the mistake now so I spoke to someone again and she gives me $10 credit for my inconvenience? Are you serious, what am I gonna do with that? I had to buy another present, then the stress that it brings is ridiculous.

Worst is, my sister ordered something with my account because of the free shipping and the same thing happened. It went to New Jersey then was sent back to Maryland. As we speak, I am on a live chat with them and it's just so unreasonable. I don't understand how a company could thrive while messing up this much. They should just have free shipping then it would be worth the wait. I might as well order from Asia, it will come sooner than theirs.

Ridiculous! I would say IT IS NOT WORTH IT! The things they sell are the same as Ruelala and Hautelook, just wait til they put out the sales.

kims58
3/19/14

I placed an order and used a promotional coupon they sent me. The cancelled the ordet calling it "fraud" after taking money out of my account. It took me two weeks of corresponding to get no where with them. No resolution came about and by the time the got back to me the items I had originally ordered were sold out. They have no traiming in customer service. I do not recommend.

nv13
3/17/14

I ordered two pairs of designer shoes, one in a smaller size and one in a larger size, with the intention of keeping whichever fit and sending back the other. The smaller size was too small, so I could not keep it, but the larger size I was sent was obviously defective, with several visible issues that affected both the look and the fit. I wrote to the support team and was offered either a free return or a $10 credit. I included photos of the defects and noted that the damage to the shoes was significantly more than $10 worth if I were to keep them, but was told that a $10 credit was the only thing they could offer.

I wrote back at 6:30 pm on Thursday that I would take the credit, then went back on the site to browse. I quickly saw that they still had one more pair of the same shoes available in my larger size! If someone had offered me an exchange, I would have accepted. I went ahead and ordered the other pair of the larger size at 10:20 pm, and IMMEDIATELY THEREAFTER wrote back to support saying to disregard the last email, that I would like to just return the defective pair since I've gone ahead and ordered a replacement. This email was sent at 10:30 pm. Four hours had passed since I said I'd take the credit, and in that time no credit had been issued. Therefore, I expected that - like any other company - they would read my most recent communication and act accordingly.

I did not receive a response the next day, or the next. For reference, ideeli "pledges to respond to your issue or question within 24 hours." This is a lie.

THREE DAYS LATER, I receive an email from Liana (who I had been corresponding with up until this point) that they would no longer accept a return of this item as I had already been issued a credit and had already used it on an order.

What?

The time elapsed between asking for the credit and asking that the credit not be applied so that I could return the item was 4 hours. Nobody communicated anything to me in those four hours, or for three days afterward. The new pair was listed at $49.99 on the website. My order receipt says I paid $49.99. My credit card company lists a charge of $49.99. During the entire exchange, my credits were listed on the website as $0.00.

Where exactly is this mythical credit that was purportedly issued? A credit that I was not informed about, a credit that was not listed on the website, a credit that did not show up when I purchased my new order, a credit that is entirely missing from every financial record of my transaction? Where is this credit that I am supposed to have already used?

I am being told that a credit was issued when it never was, in order for the company to avoid having to accept a return of a defective item.

All emails I sent to the support address were answered by Liana, and as she has proven herself both uncommunicative and not above outright lies, I am not inclined to continue attempting to resolve the issue with her. The live chat is slow and the representatives on it seem to occasionally go MIA for long periods of time without answering a question, so that is also not a good way to resolve a problem that started out very simple but has now become downright ridiculous. Since the company does not list a phone number, I do not know how to contact someone else in order to ensure that I can speak to someone competent and willing to help - if such a person even exists in this company.

In the end, I am stuck with a pair of defective $65 shoes that I cannot return and an alleged $10 credit that I never actually received. This isn't just unacceptable, it's completely dishonest and deceitful and a clear way for the company to keep the money without having to answer for the merchandise. I've purchased items from the site before without incident, but if you ever run into a problem with your order, simply know that their customer service is not above making things up to avoid fixing the issue, even going so far as to backtrack on their own promises. I am out a significant amount of money because I made the mistake of believing this was an honest, above-ground operation. It's not. I advise you to make your purchases elsewhere.

chenc7
3/14/14

I've been wanting a Balenciaga purse, saw it on ideeli recently, then showed the page to my husband. He surprised me with the packaged I found on my door way this morning. I'm really happy for this. However, after a whole day of medicating telling myself it must be all good and just stay happy, I simply couldn't. From the way it got shipped to me, the tag, the dust bag and the appear of it, I'm just not 100% confident that it's authentic brand new Balenciaga purse. There was no stuffing to keep the purse in shape and relatively naked straight in the shipping box. The shipping box was crashed and broken (of course). It was in the dust bag, though only half in half out.. The zippers are open. The tag is not on the purse, instead it was stuffed in the front pocket.The hardware on the purse doesn't match the price paid either. The color of the studs look worn-off, while the color of the zipper seems really too yellowish. Unfortunately, almost no-wonderly at the moment I was checking it through , it states as non-returnable.
After a whole day feeling frustrated, my husband got home, took a look and said while this is what happens when buying at discounted price. But really? It is supposed to be like this?
How can I return this one PLEASE?
Thank you for reading and hope it's helpful to you.

lisaj40
3/7/14

I want to express my love for Ideeli, as well. They're prices are great, quick shipping, friendly staff and trustworthy !

3 Photos for ideeli