US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

alexp9

I had my first encounter with a relatively condescending customer service rep. (in 241 reviews)

oxanad

Overall, I'm very happy with ideeli.com and will order again! (in 346 reviews)

irinat

I returned the dress expecting money credited back on my card but they gave only store credit. (in 47 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

amorr1
3/18/15

Receiving wrong item or apology email that they don't have the item. What a bummer!!!IT happened to me 2 times in two months. Very poor service!!

roxir
3/17/15

I have placed an order almost 1 week ago and I received today a suspicious email and call from ideeli that my ordered will be canceled unless I give them a call back. Is this a legitimate business? I goggled the area code and it says that calls 646 are a scheme from Bahamas.

ruthl12
3/14/15

This place is horrible. Because I've gotten so many great deals on Groupon, and this company is associated, stupid me thought it would be worthy.
Not so much. I ordered 2 handbags - the 1st shipped immediately and it is nice. A Guess purse. The other - oh em Geeeeee! What a hassle! So much time wasted "chatting" with a "customer" "service" representative and then emails from another "CSR" who flat out LIED TO ME ABOUT THE DAY OF SHIPMENT. Called the CRS number - just a voicemail.
Cancelled my order but have not received CONFIRMATION which I asked for in an email.
Wish I had checked up more on this company's atrocious reputation before I ordered.
NEVER AGAIN!!!

Tip for consumers: Do NOT

quinnd8
3/5/15

Wish I could leave a negative or zero star rating. My husband ordered a cashmere sweater for me for Christmas. We received something in the mail on time, but it turned out to be men's jogging pants. We have since returned the item and they received it on 12/27/2014. Its been over 2 months and we still have not received any credit back for it. Trying to contact someone to resolve the problem has been very difficult. We will never shop there again and will tell all our friends and family not to do so either.

Tip for consumers: Please do not buy from them.

jillk13
3/4/15

I would never buy from Ideel again. The products were cheap and junky and when I tried to send the goods back, it was difficult to access the print label and it took a week to get a refund. More importantly they didn't have a phone number where you could reach a live person without doing a forensic exercise to find it. Never again!

janed83
3/2/15

I just read many of these reviews and I wish I would have sooner-poor Jason. What a horrible job you have having to clean up messes caused by a generally incompetent customer service department and/or fulfillment center.
This company needs to reevaluate it's "non-traditional" call center into a traditional call center with people who are trained to handle logistics as well as an upset customer WHEN THEY CALL not hours or days afterwards and to h%#! with weather or "high call volumes" due to the "holidays". You are a business for crying out loud! Hire more people! Ever heard of seasonal workers?! No one leaves voice messages anymore-get with the times and the technology.
I love talking to Amazon's or Zappos's customer service centers and will no longer stray from conducting my business with them. I can get a real person every time without hold if I need to do so and that matters more than 10% off. Take a lesson from them.
There needs to be a no star option here...

Tip for consumers: Do not do it! It's not worth the trouble!

indayb
2/28/15

Ideel charged my credit card for an order that was not even shipped. I've complained at least four time and all I get is a run-around.

Unresponsive customer service.

Do NOT buy from ideel.com. Go to Gilt instead. Or Piperlime.

Tip for consumers: Stay away and avoid an encounter with fraud and inefficiency

estherg9
2/24/15

I placed an order for 2 Nicole Miller dresses. Once they arrived, they didn't look like the items pictured online - but I figured I would try them on bc they're Nicole Miller (a brand I know and trust). The material on one wasn't very soft, and the second dress didn't sit right - so I requested to return the items and a refund back to my credit card. I shipped the items back, but the amount of time it took to process a refund is obnoxiously long. I had to contact customer multiple times to get it returned. But at the end of it all, even though I checked the REFUND my credit card option, they still just gave me "store credit." So I contact customer service AGAIN. And they tell me, "Oh it may have been a glitch in the system." How many glitches does one company have in their system?? I'm very upset, now, not only do I have to wait even longer for my refund, but the company is holding my funds hostage.

Tip for consumers: Avoid this site. They're cheap for a reason - I'm not sure the items are really made by the designer, and the customer service is awful.

renep20
2/11/15

The items are cute, sure.. but don't let ANYTHING be wrong with your order because their customer service is HORRID. ABSOLUTELY AWFUL. I'd rather be forced to shop at WalMart for my fashion items than ever deal with these people again. Service is a lost industry people - sometimes a great deal really isn't worth it.

Tip for consumers: DON'T DO IT

juw7
2/9/15

Horrible customer service. In my first order I pay for a $400+ handbag and they mail me an entirely different one. I emailed to inform them and their automated response message says they're proud that they respond on average "4 business hours" and how you can expect a response the same day as a result. Several days later I receive absolutely no response. I will email again but not surprised if they ignore me again. How can they get away with running a business like this?! I saw all the bad reviews and wished I heeded the warnings before my order. I will file a formal complaint on the BBB website. Others with issues should do so as well because I have a hard time believing they deserve an "A+" rating given all the awful complaints about receiving the wrong item, lost packages, and generally bad customer service.

Update on 2/14/2015: Finally Ideel customer service contacted me but asked for photos as well as a description of the incorrect item received. Jason F also contacted me the same day through Sitejabber and I provided my info (to both reps) and asked to expedite sending me a return shipping label. I am still without a shipping label or response (from Jason or another Ideel customer service rep). The delay in receiving a response and therefore slow pace at which my issue is being resolved is incredibly frustrating as a consumer. I have never had this type of issue with other flash sites. I have attached photos of the product advertised on Ideel which is of a large Marc Jacobs over-the-should Bentley handbag. On the other hand, I have posted a photo of the product I actually received which is a much smaller Marc Jacobs cross-body bag (link here for reference: http://www.barneys.com/Marc-by-Marc-Jacobs-Too-Hot-to-Handle-Top-Handle-Bag/00505026772134,default,pd.html?gclid=COmZoqO24sMCFUkV7AodkREAYQ). This is not the same bag and I feel like like someone is trying to pull a fast one on me. This has been a terrible shopping experience and don't feel like Ideel is making an effort at all to at least make it up to me by solving it quickly.

ludal
2/6/15

Would not reccoment this site to anyone. Very unprofessional. They rather loose a costomer than fix a problem. Will never shop there again neither my family and friends. Very dissapointed

alanan2
2/5/15

Don't use this website to buy anything. You will never get any form of customer service or get your package on time.

katieb26
2/5/15

This is the absolute WORST customer service I have ever encountered.. Not worth it - there are plenty other sites similar to Ideel/Ideeli that offer excellent customer service and post sales assistance. This has been a HUGE 4 week headache ( and still going)

Jan 6th: I placed order to ship 2nd day air ( when I typed the address I was off by 1 digit..totally my fault) - I tried to work with UPS and Ideel to have them direct this to a local UPS station - but since Ideel took too long to get back , it was shipped back to their warehouse.

JAN 12th: - Order arrived at Ideel warehouse

JAN 13th: I contact Live Chat to ask them to ship this back out - since it was received yesterday. Was told they would escalate and try to get it out ASAP via 2nd day air.

JAN 14th: Contacted Live Chat .. was told this would take 3-5 business days ( explained this was being ' escalated' .. they advised this would not ship 2nd day

JAN 26th: Live Chat unavailable - emailed to check status of shipment ...

JAN 28th - Received response telling me they have not reshipped yet .. said they realized this was taking longer than expected and they could issue a refund instead if I would prefer.

JAN 29th: Received email that said Ideel has received my return items ( they actually arrive don 1/12) ... and a refund has been issued for the order... I responded immediately indicating this order should have been shipped back out to me ( NOT a return)

JAN 30th: Received email in response saying they have not received the order yet - but when they do, they have instructions to resend to me (?? email yesterday just indicated this was received and refunded)

FEB 2nd: Contacting Live Chat - explained what has been going on for the last 4 weeks... Nyla took my # to give to a manager.. No one has attempted to call yet.

FEB 5th: Contacted Live Chat - explained my situation again. Lothair ( who I spoke with at the start and told me this order would be shipped out once received).. He told me I would now have to reorder this product now. I told him there were instructions to reship - and I needed this to be shipped back out to me.. he said he would escalate and have someone email me ... Not holding my breath.

donf21
2/2/15

I placed an order for a comforter. It did not appear to be of the quality depicted in the picture. I attempted 6 times to contact customer service and have never had one response. I will never use the site again!

Tip for consumers: Don't use

suzannew8
1/30/15

I bought a Prada bag from ideel.com. The item was exactly pictured on the Prada.com website for hundreds more. I was excited to get this great deal. Unfortunately I received the wrong item (something that looked as though it cost a few dollars). Customer service was actually pretty good, and they shipped me my item 2 day shipping without any further expense to me. They responded back timely when I had questions or concerns. When my Prada bag arrived, it was exactly as pictured, in excellent condition. Although I was very worried, everything turned out ok.

kimh80
1/29/15

HORRIBLE customer service, returned with their shipping label which arrived on January 23, 2015 at 11:53 and still no refund on January 29, 2015! Here is the Live Chat copied and pasted, she disconnected without allowing me to respond again! Next live chat wouldn't even respond even though I was connected. ABSURD!

Text Size: Increase Text Size Decrease Text Size
Jessica: Welcome to Ideel
Jessica: Hello Zack
Zack: Okay you have had the boots back since 1/23 I am sure that is enough time to refund me. I want a refund to my account so that I can use it PLEASE it has been more than enough time
Jessica: May I please have your order number to look into this for you
Zack: 01/16/2015
Jessica: One moment while I look into that fory ou
Jessica: *you
Zack:
Delivered On:
Friday, 01/23/2015 at 11:53 A.M.

Left At:
Dock

Signed By:
RED$#*!

Proof of Delivery

Jessica: Ok, Zack. It does take 3-5 business days following the day that we received your return, for it to process. Today is day four, so your credit should be available by the end of the day, tomorrow
Zack: This is absurd. I will never buy from your site again. CLEARLY the item is returned. Horrible customer service, I will write reviews everywhere. Never had an experience this bad on any other site.
Jessica: I do apologize for the inconvenience Zack. Is that all that I can assist you with today?
Zack: Should have checked reviews first, everyone says not to buy from your site that the customer service is terrible and so are the shipping...
Zack: You did not assist me Jessica
Jessica: I'm sorry that you feel this way
Jessica: do enjoy your evening
Jessica:
Thank you for using our Live Chat today! If you need any further assistance we have a few different options for you. Our FAQ contains lots of helpful information on a variety of issues. Of course, you can always log back into Live Chat, send us an inquiry on the site or email us at support@ideel.com. Thanks for being a part of ideel, we hope to see you on the site again soon!

Jessica has disconnected.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. Another order I placed in December still hasn't arrived!

vivianl23
1/28/15

I've been the Ideeli customer since May 2013, but recent experience with this online retail was horrible. I've ordered 3 items few weeks ago (#84209542) and found out that the size (4) were too big for the 2 items (Please note that I've ordered another item with the same brand few months ago with size 4 which it fits fine with me). I requested to exchange, but got rejected. They allow me to return (by making the return label for me) so that I can reorder smaller size (2). However, the return label didn't include both of the items I requested. I've asked the online chat support and he told me that one of the item is a final sale and can't be returned. I wasn't aware of this. When I request for my current credit to be return to my credit card because I wouldn't want to shop here anymore. It was rejected too because it was from a price match courtesy. When I asked if I can escalate my request to someone else and he told me that he is already a senior rep. So it seems that I'm stuck with the items that don't even fit me. I never rate bad about anyone's business but this one. :(

jazj
1/26/15

Ideel or ideeli it doesn’t matter – DON’T ORDER FROM THEM. Horrible return policy, horrible customer service…if you can get service. Over priced items that you can get for cheaper at Amazon etc. with a free return policy/customer service. Well, I ordered some items, however I did not realize that these items could not be return, I placed my order at 11:45am by 12:10pm (so 25 minutes later) same day I tried to cancel my order by emailing the so called customer service, and I called…no answer. Instead, one day or two days later I get a confirmation email that my order has shipped. Really? After I tried to cancel the order, well any other merchant has better policies than this ideel/ideeli…money grabbing scam. DON’T ORDER FROM THEM!

Tip for consumers: When you order, I would recommend to only order cheap items and not high priced items since ones bought you are stuck. The return or refund policy is horrible, other merchant have so much better policies. Oh, I no chance cancel your order...no customer service :-( Stick to sites that deliver.

nataliek11
1/20/15

The first time i purchased something from ideel.com, they told me 6 days after i purchased it my order was cancelled because they ran out. The second time i purchased something from ideel, i told them the next day after spending 400 dollars on their website that i would like to cancel the order, since they only give you an hour to cancel your order online, they told me that they could no longer cancel it because it was in the process of being shipped and that i would have to contact them when i receive the items for a return label. my product didn't even ship for another week after that. when i got my products i sent them back immediately. which i was told from the time they received them it would be 3-5 business days until i received my money. after not receiving any money 8 days later, i contacted them and they told me i would not receive my money for ANOTHER 3-5 business days and that they made a mistake. they received my product on the 9th, it is now the 20th. still wondering where my money is. after contacting them(emailing and leaving them a voicemail) telling them i was upset because i was counting on that money being in my account, i have not heard any response from them.

jjv1
1/15/15

I should have read the review before. I ordered a bag for wife on Jan 1 since then they have NOT even shipped the bag yet. I've contacted them twice and the customer support can't even tell you when they will ship the item. WASTE CUSTOMER TIME!

deborahe8
1/12/15

I WAS really happy with IDEELI before groupon. I purchased a Nue by Shani dress on Nov 18th. This was not my first experience with ideel (hence the new name). I have been a good customer for over a year. I have purchased everything here: shoes, coat, maxi dress, workout clothes, dresses etc. The Nue by Shani dress was ordered in my size 4. I received a size 12. I sent the dress back and emailed the company about my return. The company finally acknowledged receiving the dress back at the warehouse on Jan. 2nd. They said 3-5 business days and I would have my refund. I emailed on Jan 10th no response, emailed again this a.m Jan 12th, still no response. It's already insulting that I received the wrong item and this is the customer service response I get. I shop at MyHabit, Gilt and Rue la la. Not only have I NEVER had a problem that wasn't resolved in a timely manner with these flash sale sites, the customer service has been remarkable. It's so sad that ideel treats their good customers this way. Unless Ideel comes up big with my refund (I mean within the next 24 hours) I will NEVER, EVER spend another penny on this site. I'll update you within 2 days. Okay I'm back! It's the 20th of Jan. and this is my update. Ideel customer service manager emailed me within 24 hours of my SiteJabber review. She said she was sorry about the lapse in emails, 4 days, but that many customer service reps were out sick and that's why no prompt response. She also gave me a 25.00 credit for my troubles. She added that I should have emailed them BEFORE my return (I did twice) and that was also part of the problem. Note to retailers: If you are trying to fix a "sticky" customer service issue, leave off the blaming the customer part. My new feeling about Ideel, stay away, NOTHING is worse than poor customer service in my experienced opinion, it's free and all retailers should "lead" with it.

Tip for consumers: DON"T USE THIS SITE. MyHabit is a flash sale site owned by Amazon.
Use this site instead. If you have a problem, they go out of their way to resolve it. They don't just ignore you.

angelam32
1/12/15

UPDATED Review! Jason & Jessica resolved all issues promptly, and I have since received all of my orders, everything was exactly & as described, I received my discounts, all of my points, & have also made a few returns(AND placed additional orders ;) and everything has been Excellent, since my 1st review.
Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it!!

alanas5
12/28/14

Hey guys. So I ordered a coat on this website for the first time about two days ago. I read someone else having this problem, but I'm still a little bit confused about it. Apparently there is an authorization hold on your card? So they first charged my card once for $96.01, and then again for $96.46 (which is the actual price of the coat). So I was confused looking at my bank account. I only ordered one thing, so what is this charge of $96.01? I called customer service, left a message, and a nice lady called back a couple hours later and told me that it's some authorization hold, similar to what hotels do. But I have no idea why a clothing store would do this? Apparently the charge should be dropped and returned to my account after it is shipped, but why the heck do they do this in the first place? Does anyone know why they do this? I'm keeping my eye out on my account to make sure the money returns to my account after it's shipped, but I still think it's really weird. Why not just take the regular amount right when you order it instead of pretty much charging you twice, then returning half of it back to you after it's shipped? I've never heard of a clothing store doing this, it doesn't make any sense. Anyone know the reasoning behind this? Seems really sketchy to me.

But my mom and sister order from this website all the time and usually never have problems. Maybe they just never noticed the authorization hold before? They say the products are usually really good.

(I'll write another review after everything is hopefully worked out!)

Tip for consumers: Just watch out for the authorization charge. It's really weird and doesn't make any sense. But apparently they drop it as soon as it's shipped.

arisc
12/10/14

DO NOT BUY HERE!

I signed up with ideeli for a long time, but never bought anything, I saw their Ad recently saying "10% off your first order", so I decided to buy a Saint Laurent bag, I placed my order, didn't see the 10% off, so I emailed and asked how do I use it, they email back saying the offer was no longer available (but it is still alive today in their Ad), but for one time courtesy they applied $15 off for my order.

The bag came this week. Terrible packaging for such expensive ($2000) item. I've bought same brand bag from Gilt before and their packaging was way better. The worst part is there's scratch all overt the hardware, the zipper is RUSTED, there's dry glue and scratch on the bottom of the bag, it is definitely NOT a brand new bag, it's either returned by someone after use or it's a vintage one and they sell it in the price of a new bag. I looked at my order and the bag of course is non-returnable. I took photos and emailed their customer service to ask if this is a new authentic bag. No reply after 24 hours.

angelinez
12/4/14

“I had tons of online shopping experiences with Hautelook, Bluefly, BeyondtheRack, Rue La La, Gilt, etc. and overall I was happy with all these vendors. I never bought anything from ideeli before and this time I did it just buying an ear muffle. The whole experience was far from pleasant and I will never purchase anything from them again. This is the worst online shopping experience I ever had. First after placing the order, they deducted the amount right away from my credit card and later put it back. It was very confusing to see the back-and-forth transactions as one of them didn't show with vendor name. I had to guess that they hadn't shipped it yet but they wanted to test if my credit card was valid. Then for almost three weeks nothing happened - Neither did I see any update on website saying what was the order status nor did I receive any email providing me with updates. The order was placed on Nov 14 and on Dec 2, after the T-giving Holiday, I checked my credit card account and saw three pending transactions from them, all deducting the same amount! My order was $50 something and what I saw were three identical $50+ deductions, all from them! My account was immediately down for $150+ for something only worth $39.99 (w/o Tax and shipping) and not even shipped! Could you believe that? I wasn't sure if there was a mistake and called the hotline. Nobody answered, which wasn't surprising, so I left a voice msg. The answering machine said they would call me back by end of day. Nobody ever called me back, I received an email the other day just explaining they were testing my card and nothing was really deducted since it was not shipped! Come on then why did I see three pending transactions from you? OK fine by that time instead of three pending transactions I only saw two, so I thought they were fixing it. Then end of day Dec 3, an email came saying my order was now cancelled because the manufacturer wasn't able to fulfill it. What the XXX? After you already tested and deducted from my account 5-6 times? Why would it take you so long to even get the idea that the manufacturer couldn't fill the order? With this time frame if I purchase anything from most online vendors I use, the product would have already been arrived! I will never use ideeli (or ideel the new name) again for any online shopping!

kittyd3
12/4/14

I used to love this site. The customer service has completely ruined it for me. The last straw was getting a wrong item in the "right" package, which was very was odd and when I reported it the entire interaction was about how they can't give me the thing I actually ordered because of the " nature of business" too bad. No alternatives offered or recognition that I have spent a ton of money there as a paid member. I relate to all the people reporting a condescending reply. Anyway, there are plenty of other options out there that just got my money. **deleting app**

mayaw1
11/25/14

I will have to give 5 stars for my experience. Although this was my first purchase from Ideeli, I have to say it was a pleasant/normal experience. I was looking to order a MK handbag and wallet as I was also looking at Macys as well. Ideeli was slightly cheaper so I chose to save a few dollars. Prior to my purchase I emailed to asked if the products being sold are 100% authentic being the prices are quite affordable. The next day I received an email assuring me the products are authentic and the prices are low because they have rather small inventory which helps them move product fast and replenish. I ordered my bag and wallet and received them a week later, 2 days a head of shipping. That's my personal experience and I hope it remains that way.

christinea14
11/22/14

This company is awful. They sent me the wrong products. Customer service was rude when I informed them of the mistake. I returned the products, I waited a week after it arrived at warehouse to contact them regarding my credit. They told me to wait longer- then they only credited me one product. I had to contact again. Did not get full refund until a month later. They're customer service correspondence is via email which I didn't like.

ac13
11/21/14

Bought from ideeli several times - the stuff is nice online, but the quality isn't great for the price. Got a plain cotton shirt for 19 dollars + 10 dollars shipping, to find out after a few washes that it shrank to a baby tee and lint/pills all over, now it looks like a rag, and i only wore it about 3x. And is there a reason why the shipping is 10 dollars flat fee? Compared to Jcrew and other retailers, I would not shop on ideeli.com any longer. Only had to buy something from there is because I bought a bunch of stuff, which wasn't what i expected so I had to return it (and paid extra return shiping) and had a running credit. bleech..

kf19
11/20/14

In reading many posts I must state I recently made a purchase on 11/17/2014. I was concerned because so many had unfortunate encounters with the company. Well, I will say this, NO PROBLEMS. All the merchandise was fine and shipped on time. Thank you Ideel.

emmaz1
11/13/14

every order with every credit card i have had has been cancelled by the site. it always tells me pending authorization, and to add a new card. when i do add yet another new card, the same thing constantly happens. i gave up after my third attempt at buying something failed. this site is ridiculously bad, stay away!!!!

yk7
11/13/14

Very unimpressed with the customer service. My order was cancelled a day after placing the order because my husbands account has the billing address as mine (not sure what is so difficult to understand). I tried contacting ideel several ways.
1. chat- tried speaking to 2 different representatives, but neither could help me, they said they would refer me to someone higher who would email me within 24 hours, a little late if I want to get the deal before it expires.
2. email, the responses are not very helpful and it takes a very long time to get a reply.
3. phone, tried calling several times and left messages, haven't heard back from them.

aa107
11/12/14

I placed an order on Ideeli last week. While my credit card was charged, I never received a confirmation email and the order has disappeared off my account. The online chat rep says they have no record of the transaction (again, there is clearly a charge from Ideeli on my card).

veronicaw6
11/10/14

Horrible! not only it takes them 1 month to ship anything! Their shoes came with no box, NO BOX for $100+ shoes, and their accessories came in a paper bag, all the clothing color is off, you can spend the same amount of money to get nicely packaged and fast ship items from Myhabit, Hautelook or Rue la la, will never buy again!

tinac21
11/7/14

I've been their customer for a year now. Stuff I purchased were mostly low-priced items so everything was fine, until last week. I received this 20% off coupon so I decided to use it on some designer shoes. Suddenly saw this Ferragamo Vara and immediately made the purchase. So excited to open the box when UPS finally arrived and guess what? Wrong item! it's still Ferragamo but the style or the color all went wrong. And what's worse? It's a worn item! So somebody else must've returned it. There is no dust bags、no stuffings in the shoes and the packaging was terrible! I don't believe it's an honest mistake, they simply don't want their customers to use the 20% off coupon on items priced above 30 dollars. Already wrote a letter to costumer service and hopefully to get my refund without a hassle. After this experience, I will never purchased from them again.

jillm29
11/7/14

i purchased a dress from groupon which was showing dresses from ideel. I loved my purchase and went to the ideel site to purchase another one. It showed that it had it but when i clicked it would not go into my cart. I did a live chat with 2 different customer service reps but they were not helpful at all. I just wanted the buy the same type of dress i purchased from groupon, no big deal. well it became a big deal because they did not know what i was talking about. frustrating. it was the all black glamour wrap dress in 16W it also came in multiple colors.

Tip for consumers: if it comes on groupon. get it other wise the ideel site is not good

donnag23
11/6/14

Bad experience, tried several times to work within the site, not user friendly. You only have 19 minutes to complete a purchase otherwise your items get deleted from your cart if you have not completed your transaction. Then when you try to select your same items again to put in your cart they are not available. Also tried three times to select a size for the product to purchase and they put another size in the cart, couldn't get my size even though showing available. Will not use this site again, too time consuming and frustrating.

rekhas
11/4/14

This is the worst online shopping portal i have ever seen. I ordered 3 items and that too one month back and its not yet received. However the estimated shipping date in the beginning itself was too far from the date of my purchase. Now they have even crossed their own deadline without even informing me. Also be very careful when you are buying some stuff from Ideeli becoz if you want to refund the item back, they will not return your money rather they will store the same in store credit of Ideeli acct, so now u will suffer again purchase something from them.

racheld1
11/2/14

Had good experiences..until I had a PROBLEM!!! I have purchased and returned from this site many times in the past without issue - if item didn't fit etc wasn't the sites problem BUT now that I spent a $150 on an item that didn't arrive as described and with missing parts I have tried to reach customer service to NO AVAIL. I was promised an initial response in 24 hours hours but stated they usually respond in less than 4,,, well over 30 + hours for mine and then there their answer was ..send pics of the defective item ---- ok fair ... I did SO 2 DAYS AGO still NO response.. I am giving them 24 hours before I dispute charge with credit card...what a waste of my time!! i shop a lot of sample sites and I have had NO or little issue with their customer service on bad or defective items or returns ..first and as far as I'm willing shop LAST bad experience I want with this site!

mikes245
10/30/14

Horrible, terrible, very bad company! Ordered a dress. Paid for expedited shipping. They sent a completely different dress. Their only response is return it, as they no longer have the one I ordered. If I purchased the dress and it was the last one, why don't they still have it? Did they send that one to someone else? Are they selling air and hoping you keep the other dress, that they can't move otherwise? It looks like trough these reviews that this is common practice! Stay away!

Tip for consumers: Run!!!!

bc39
10/28/14

I ordered three items for a total of $144.90, two of the three were not what I ordered, completely the wrong items. Not to good so far. I kept one Marrakesh Dress and returned the other two items with a note explaining the error. I was refunded $54.95. That pretty much sums it up. My $40 dress cost me $90 after all the miscellaneous charges, it was totally their mistake. Don't believe the "Free return" business, it will cost you.

Tip for consumers: Returns are going to be very expensive, not such a good deal after all. Don't be fooled.

cynthiad10
10/9/14

Been a customer of Ideeli now Ideel since 2008 and had few issues with returns or quality of merchandise until recently. On Oct 6 I placed a small order less than $30.00 to be billed to my paypal account. I had $50.00 cash available in that account and my bank account and 2 credit cards for backup. On Oct 7 at 2:14 am I got an email that they were unable to process my payment and that I had 48 hours to update my info and if questions contact customer support. At 5:22 am I emailed customer service questioning the problem, and did update with an additional credit card. Monique from customer service responded at 1:13 pm and in less than 48 hours the item that should have been on hold for me is gone. The order still shows as pending on my account and paypal is still holding my cash with my order set to expire Jan 4, 2015. I have emailed Ideel 3 more times now because I would like my cash released and a $10.00 credit returned to my account and my emails are ignored. No response in 24 hours as they promote on their website. Recommend this site? - NO, and it's a shame because they do get some great merchandise. But what good is that if you can't even get customer service to do their job when problems arise.

UPDATE: I was contacted by a supervisor in Ideel's customer service department in regards to my order/payment issue. Jessica, who is a supervisor in the customer service department, explained that there were technical issues involving paypal authorizations and she was able to my satisfaction clear the hold on my money. Ideel has just started using paypal as an option for payment so as with any new procedures I should have expected there to be bumps in the road. Unfortunately, I hit the bump. On the positive side, Jessica will bring this issue to the attention of the appropriate department so future purchases for customers hopefully won't have this problem.

I have upgraded my rating to 5 stars, which is what I would have given it had I not been so frustrated in trying to get this resolved. I will continue to shop at this site and have done so even while this issue was ongoing. I have been a customer for so long, always satisfied with the quality and quick shipping of merchandise, ease of return, that I just couldn't believe this was happening to me.

Thank you Jessica for handling this for me and promising to address the issues I experienced with the appropriate departments.

bonnieb39
10/9/14

BEWARE! I am 99% sure this site is a scam. I placed an order at the beginning of the week and was called to 'verify' the order. They left a voicemail with instructions. I called back and followed the instructions within a couple of hours. The next day, I get a call to verify my order from Shayna with Loss Prevention who says there was no record of my confirming the order the day before. She says that they only have a recording of a different order #-- one I had canceled. She lied to me completely and refused to play back the recording for me. The outfits I had ordered were time sensitive and I had chosen 2 day shipping so they wouldn't get to me til after the weekend I needed them. I asked her who was doing the shipping and she hesitated before saying UPS. It was like she was trying to come up with an answer. Pathetic. I had them cancel the order because I caught on to their scam. I warn others to do the same!!

tiffany-l
9/26/14

I don't understand how this website can have such bad reviews? I'm from Southern California & I ordered my ray bans September 22nd and received them today which is September 26!!! Less than a week! Unbelievable. Such awesome service and fast shipping. I'm so pleased with my order. I really hope that the bad reviews will not affect your thoughts about ordering. Thank you so much ideel!

gd13
9/21/14

Horrible customer service! I was appalled by the way they handled my inquiry. I was trying to buy a dress on the Ideeli app that was listed for $119.99. When I got to checkout, the price went up to $189.99. After I contacted customer service, via online chat because no one is available ever by phone, and proved to them that the listed price and the checkout price were different, they told me that someone would contact me within 24 hours, which they never did. The customer service agents are worthless. They just tell you a supervisor will call you. Do not ever shop here!!!

lisah42
9/21/14

BEWARE! I've purchased a number of items from Ideeli, some were fine and others looked cheap. I'm livid because: a couple of weeks ago, after I'd placed an order, Ideeli charged my debit card TWICE. I then spoke to them via their online chat, and they told me they never charged me twice! I was livid. I called Bank of America and had them take off the second charge. However, that second charge had put my acct. into overdrawn status! Also, one isn't allowed to call Ideeli customer service. I was told a number of times by online chat, that customer service would call me. Two out of three times they never called! There is much more to this story, but I'm exhausted even thinking about it, let alone having to write about it. I'd already had to contact their chat numerous times about some other problems with the order mentioned above, and I'd had enough with their companies horrible policies.

yingh2
9/12/14

I had good experiences with the site at first. The shipping was fast. However, after one incident I decided to never shop there again. They have lost my trust.

I ordered from Ideeli a while back. The first orders were free shipping. Then I got emails saying I get 1 month of free shipping. So when I tried to order again I kept on getting shipping charges. So I contacted Ideeli about it before ordering, and they told me I can place the order and someone will help me remove the cost after. Unfortunately I believed them and since it's international shipping I had to deal with another company i-Parcel. After weeks of email exchanges the said they would refund the money. It has been more than a month now and I still haven't gotten a refund.

alisonc8
9/11/14

Reading the other reviews, I hope this one doesn't jinx me to get some bad service in the future. However, I just have to say that I've been shopping with Ideeli/Ideel for many years now and have made literally hundreds of purchases from them. They have always been prompt, returns have always been easy, and the quality of the garments has never been in question. Recently, I was emailed a 30% off and free shipping promotion. There was no code, it was just supposed to be applied if you purchased within the promo period. Well, I purchased and did not receive a discount. I emailed customer service and in 12 hours was emailed by a representative who created an individual coupon code for me to use on my next order that would generate 30% off and a $9.95 shipping credit. I have always been very satisfied with Ideel/Ideeli and this instance was no exception.

Tip for consumers: Makes sure you know if the item you're purchasing is returnable!

debih2
9/8/14

I ordered a pair of "blue leather loafers" for my husband as a gift! To my surprise the order received had two different shoes, one blue suede, and one blue leather! Who does that? Trying to get in contact with Ideel has been a job in itself. Can't get them on live Chat and cannot even get a return slip! Never again, the customers service sucks!! It has not been a good shopping experience, awful!

cco
9/5/14

The worst customer service experience I have ever had. A lot of these complaints are similar, not just coincidence I presume. My order was also cancelled because I was told there was an issue with my credit card. Although my card was charged weeks prior for the product. I too, paid partially for my order using a promotion code, oddly familiar with these other bad reviews that were also cancelled using promo codes.They never contacted me to inform me of this, they just sent me an email telling me it was cancelled.
They told me I could reorder the item but they would not honor my promo code anymore.
I received robot like responses from customer service, they didn't care that I wanted to end my membership and that I was very dissatisfied and never answered my last email.
Avoid them at all costs. There are so many other great shopping sites of this kind. I have received excellent customer service from sites like Gilt, Rue La La & Beyond the Rack.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the ideeli staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: How many days does it take to get a refund? I cancelled an order before it was shipped
5/7/13
janeyc
A: Anyone know of a similar site with good customer service?
1/18/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the ideeli staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

5 Photos for ideeli