US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

doreenl7

No customer service and their product low quality. (in 279 reviews)

alexp9

I've had an order cancelled once because it wasn't available but received a $25 credit. (in 396 reviews)

nikkij13

I always opt for the store credit unless it was a very expensive item. (in 54 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

s---------yc
2/5/16

Looks like Groupon bought Ideeli to put it out of Business. There are no more products to purchase. I used to do a lot of impulse buying on Ideeli but I can't even find a sight. Too bad for Ideeli but it's good for me. $$

dianneg6
2/4/16

I had a credit balance with Ideeli from a returned item which no longer shows up when I logged onto my Ideeli account (now Groupon). No notification was provided me from Ideeli (or Gropuon) that my credit balance would not be maintained on my account. How can I get this problem resolved -- through Ideeli or Groupon? I hope to receive help from you by providing me a contact persons who can rectify my credit balance still owed to me.

gwendolynt1
2/4/16

Gwendolyn Turner I had earned over$25+ Ideelist credits on Ideel, to compensate me about the buyout, Groupon sends me $5 Groupon bucks, really? When I reached out about my disappointment they sent me $10 more Groupon bucks..... I know that doesn't add up to $25+. Like so many others I have been an Ideeli customer since the beginning. You guys really treated your loyal customers like crap. My last 4 orders were cancelled only after I complained about my credits. It makes me believe that because I complained you decided to cancel them in retaliation. Especially, since one of them was for a luggage set you said was sold out but I see the same luggage set on Groupon for $20 more. You guys really should have treated us better.

lexif5
1/31/16

Hard to navigate..hard to shop.
Disappointed and looking for a new site like ideeli was in the past.

nom60
1/31/16

Since this merger occurred I have not been able to find a decent outfit on groupon. How could groupon buy ideeli with no plans of continuing on the brands stocked by ideeli. This is the worst decision ever. Please return to us ideeli.

sharon
1/30/16

What in the world is going on with this imposter website?? I mean where are the top of the line products? I have been shopping with IDEELI for years and now I have to go shop online elsewhere.

lisab204
1/29/16

Hi Everyone. After initially being upset about my missing Ideeli credit after being acquired by Groupon, I have to say they have taken care of it for me. It took a few days as they had to research the issue but I am pleased at the outcome. Anyone who may have had an issue with a disappearing credit, please contact ideel@groupon.com. They will help you get your credit back. Good luck!

doreenl7
1/27/16

I have been purchasing from Ideeli for years and the service is wonderful. Now groupon does not come close to I deeli. No customer service and their product low quality. Please Ideeli come back soon.

cathyz5
1/27/16

This is the worst thing that ever happen to ideel.
I have been ordering for years. Now Customer service has no idea what is happening. I have been waiting for delivery on items since November orders screwed up. No phone number to speak to a human. I will never order from Groupon again.

erinh33
1/26/16

I will preface this review that I used to purchase from Ideeli (then Ideel) multiple times a week. Almost my whole work wardrobe was through them and I was always delighted with their customer service.

Imagine my shock when I go to load the page one day and this groupon nonsense comes up. Not only is it now garish and horrible to look at, but customer service is almost nonexistent. Orders get messed up, thank goodness my bank has my back.

Really really disappointed and will NOT be shopping here ANYMORE.

michellet71
1/22/16

My rating is for the Ideeli that existed before being bought by Groupon. Ideeli used to be the site that I would purchase from at least twice a week. They were affordable, had ridiculous sales and a really good inventory. Then one day in 2014 they sent an email about being bought by Groupon which I thought was horrendous because I always used to laugh at Groupon and their horrific sales.
Eventually things got worse; they erased all of my favorites, changed their inventory and even changed their models so the outfits didn't even look good anymore. Prices went up by about $5-10 on average and they started charging an additional tax at check out. Now you have to go through Groupon.
This was not ideeli reaching out for help people, they were super successful. This was Groupon buying out what they saw as a competitor and getting them off the market. Which is why a previously fully functional website has now been relegated to just a section on the Groupon site.
They will eventually phase out the 'Designer' section on Groupon and Ideeli( I refuse to call it Ideel) as we know it, will cease to exist.
Well played Groupon, well played.

clareo4
1/22/16

I ordered a pair of boots & didn t receive them , so asked for a refund . Not only didn t I get the boots but I was charged 3 times on my credit card for $112.57 . I have not received a refund for any amount !! I have tried e-mailing them & no response .. I have tried to contact Groupon for a response as they took over ideel I . This is absurd !!!!

britishb
1/21/16

I have been hooked on Ideel for years from house items to purses, shoes watches, glasses etc. My last order took forever to arrive and in between the time when i ordered and when i received the item they switched to GROUPON, None of my prior order history is available and one of my last items i've been trying to return through groupon... no answer, no email nothing.. I would never shop on groupon for such items... baddd decision to do this merger.

jillitah
1/20/16

Run from Groupon/Ideel. The 1/20 items that are correct, not trashed or defective, are not worth the hassle of paying for the 19/20 items that are junk, break, tear, or never even show up. CALLED MY BANK: Ended up filing a claim and bank refunded my money for items that I was charged for that never shipped. If you need to do the same have your date of transaction and e-mails with shipping confirmation ready etc.. good luck!

triciak7
1/19/16

Groupon has ruined the ideeli site. The app is not working at all. Where are the flash sales? I see nothing but one off offers. The site was one of my favorite had great shopping daily. Please bring back the substance that ideeli had before otherwise I am no longer purchasing from site.

mollyg17
1/18/16

I have been an ideeli/ideel customer for years and made my last order a couple of weeks ago. They have moved to Groupon since then and I can no longer access my account info, info about the orders I have not received yet, or info regarding returning an item that was too small. I contacted them with their old customer support email as well as the new ideel at groupon email and have not received an answer.

bt32
1/18/16

Ideel is horrible after moving to Chicago Groupon, sod you all! Fraudulent, incomplete, ignorant: this is not service this is cheating on our loyalty! Complained 100 times with no proper answer not to say service.

shellonc
1/17/16

I've bought over a 50 items from ideel and I've returned items I've been refunded my money never had a problem I have four deliveries I'm now waiting on I'm sorry to see them go out of business

debbieb74
1/17/16

Like everyone else, I was caught off guard when someone incompetent (probably a VP at ideeli) confirmed the BAD DECISION to merge w Groupon. Talk about a poor decision. (Pay the poor guy to leave, Please.) Merge a quality firm like Ideel with a bag-of-disjointed, off-kilter, low-brows like Groupon??? With products from the .99C store??? Whoever thought of that was clearly asleep at the wheel. Talk about a death sentence for Ideel. Oh -- BTW -- the transition was anything but smooth. As other users have reported, my credit was lost too -- and remains to be seen as of this date. I'm still getting emails from Ideel, but of course, cannot purchase the items I wanted. Seems Groupon's SKU/Inventory/Item organization doesn't match, so those great deals I'm waitlisted for will NEVER HAPPEN.

Glad I didn't invest in either company. Poor decisions all around. It's a shame Ideel couldn't find a company that wasn't about to go broke. (You guys do read the news, don't you??).

With a little care, Ideel could have found a much better home. (Ever heard of GILT?)

Don't bother using Groupon. Those guys are lost.

danitas2
1/16/16

I am looking for my orders. This is crazy!!! I have been a loyal customer for years, and this is the service that you give in return. Even being owned by Groupon doesn't help. They state that the account was transferred. Really? I sent an e-mail(as asked) and nothing. This should be reported to the BBB. How can you claim to be a reputable company? I need a status on my orders. You are not the only ones with attorneys.

laurab147
1/13/16

Ordered many different things and have yet to have anything shipped to me! They just offer things and don't deliver only allow you to hang on. If it's a nice price it's not real

suj46
1/9/16

Customer support is the worst I have ever dealt with. They dont call back and no way to contact them. That is very suspicious. I think they are going out of business. Live chat is a rip off. They are from overseas. How do they know whats going on and what their inventory is like..Terrible site.

triciac6
1/7/16

I knew that Ideel was being absorbed by groupon and that I still had $120 in store credit at ideel. I went to go spend the money and found that they barely had my size/stock was extremely low due to the company change. No emails have been answered, even reached out to groupon to see if my credit could be transfered and theyre just as incopetent. The woman I spoke to didnt even know Groupon owns Ideel!

I log onto Ideel today and for the first time see their announcement that they are moving to groupon. I go into my account to see my credit at $0.00. No return to my credit card or credit towards my groupon account. It has simply disappeared into thin air!!! I'm furious.

Has anyone had any luck speaking to an actual human over there?

tenishaw1
1/7/16

I've been a customer for a few years. I make purchases on this site weekly. I'm truly frustrated with the horrible service I have received. I have an issue to be addresses. I've waiting in the chat queues just get to get the #1 spot and then be disconnected. I've been trying to reach ideel via email for over a week. I've sent numerous emails and no response still. Worst service. I will not be using this site any longer.

johnh432
1/6/16

How can this service be tolerated in U.S.? Order from 12/21/15 still processing?
Bunch of CON Artists oh wait, they're owned by Groupon, that figures.

Be warned, customer dis-service totally useless!

miriamd3
1/4/16

Ideel has finally gotten back to me & all was cleared up. It seems that they were going through a major transition as they were taken over by Groupon. I hope they realize that servicing customers is of utmost importance & take that seriously. I was very satisfied in the past so I am willing to try again. I wish them success

khadijay
1/4/16

I am finding hard tI mean reaching customer service you only can chat with them Saturday onlys. They process my payment and today they send email saying they couldn't get the money from the bank when I called my bank they say ideeli try to process extra 50 dollars now I couldn't reach any of there customer service so disappointed.

doann1
1/2/16

Scammers. Stay away from this place. I know my designers and real and knock offs.. this place sells knock offs at genuine prices! I spent thousands of dollars and found out it was fake! How do this site even still exist. I spoke with one of their sales rep, they claimed everything they sell is "authentic"! I took pictures of crap that they sent,; the one shown below is supposedly a Celine bag (this is what made clear to me on how fake their products are) , flimsy and lopsided, handle is majorly vented, and no ID code!!!. Seriously major scammers. I don't know who they are trying to fool! Really sad.

laral6
12/30/15

What is going on with ideel.com? I've used this web site for several years, probably since its inception and have always received excellent customer service. Suddenly I log onto my account to return an order that was shipped less than 2 weeks ago to find that my order is no longer eligible for return (prior return policy was 21 days, now it's suddenly 14 days with no warning and the change was made mid-order). Despite the change, I'm still well within the 14-day window with no option to return. I email the customer support team (there is no longer a phone number or chat option) and get a really shady reply stating "Unfortunately we don't take anymore returns from Ideel." I'm completely confused as to what's going on. I ordered from Ideel - how can you not accept returns from yourself?!?! This is unacceptable and not the way a reputable company should treat their customers, especially during the busiest shopping season of the year. If Ideel has changed hands, I am not interested in doing business with the new ownership as this kind of customer service (or lack there of) is simply not right. STAY AWAY. BUYERS BEWARE! None of us would have thought to look into the Return Policy for a sudden change. I've always had such success with this company, but now they are certainly not getting my business. Try Gilt.com or Hautelook.com for better customer service and pop-up sales.

nb30
12/22/15

I had been using IDEELI since 2010. Over the past 6months the service has gotten to be terrible! I've had them send me the wrong items more the once and of course since it's a flash sale site they don't have what I ordered anymore. A 100$ worth of items I ordered never arrived. I've ended up with store credit since it used to be free shipping on returns if you opted for store credit but now you can't return things if the amount you paid is less than the shipping fees, which of course it is since I paid in store credit. So you're pretty much stuck unless you contact their terrible support team. I did. And the auto response said I'd receive a response in 24 hours. It was over a week of me emailing everyday since you only have a limited number of days in which to return (14 days technically, but by the time it arrives I typically have only 2-3 days, so don't plan to go anywhere ever). Finally did get the return label but only half of the items were processed in the return so I've spent another 3 days fighting with customer service over this. If I could just get the money back or spend down the store credit to zero I would NEVER do business with this company again.

gv25
12/20/15

No. The reviews answered by questions. I'm staying away. Thanks everyone foe helping me not get into this nightmare. I've ignored bad reviews before but not anymore. I've learned my lesson.

tobys26
12/16/15

I agree totally with the posted reviews. Something horrible has happened to this company. STAY AWAY!! My first clue was a couple of months ago.. 20% was promoted, but somehow I was charged full price. I reached someone in a third world country who refused any help. When the item arrived, it was the wrong color, and back it went. They did issue a complimentary shipping label. When the item was reduced a few weeks later, against my own intuition, I ordered it again. ALAS!!! They sent the wrong thing again. Again they issued a complimentary label, but charged an $8.95 return fee. Now, of course , live chat no longer exists, and it has been over a week since I emailed them. I will contact my credit card company. I urge everyone to dispute bogus charges by these crooks, no matter how large or small.

kazandrac
12/14/15

I reported them and the more people reports them the louder our voices will be !!!!!

Don't wait and filed a complaint against them to BBB

reynal104
12/12/15

This used to be a great place to shop, but not anymore. No customer service whatsoever. I ordered something back on November 1st and have yet to receive it, but have been charged for it. Tried to reach out to them thee times via email and twice via online chat. No response. Very disappointing!

es890
12/11/15

Pour la Victoire shoes were stained, worn and leather on one shoe was wrinkled. Emailed and waited and emailed and emailed and emailed. Live chat is not available. Phone number has recording to email them. THis company sucks. Stay away. I will contact my credit card company to dispute the charge.

annb68
12/11/15

I ordered a pair of pants and yoga pants they never came and I have been charged for no merchandise, I have tried email and no response, there is no live chat, and when you call it goes straight to voicemail..rip offs!

rayc55
12/10/15

I have not ordered a lot from them recently and thank god I have not. I got one email with a code for 20% off in November so I used it for two sets of boots. Of course one set of boots never came, out of stock. The other set came but I was overcharged. Then I ordered a set of towels from them and they only sent my half the set of 5 sets. I can't get thru to them before they run out of stock to make sure I get the rest of my order, I am over charged twice as of right now. There is no live chat feature available, no response to my emails even though they guarantee 24 hours. When I call the CS number 888-835-1719, they tell you to leave a message. Well I doubt I get a call back for that too.

I heard Groupon recently acquired them so maybe they are going thru a turnover. Bad for business though at the busiest time of year.

saraht82
12/10/15

No customer service what so ever. Some one charged my card for something I did not order and shipped to someone else. ignoring my messages.

sharyna1
12/9/15

I used to purchase a lot from Ideeli. I recently got an order that I wanted to return most items -- poor quality and had a chemical smell. I'm still waiting for them to respond to two emails. Live chat doesn't even exist! Hard to believe a company could go so quickly from great to horrible. I do NOT recommend anyone to shop here! Now I'm out of nearly $100!!! Shame on Ideeli!

katelynneg
12/8/15

I used to love this site and always got my items in great time and they were always in perfect condition. However, I ordered some Christmas gifts near the end of October, got all but two things, which after 3 WEEKS of trying to find out what was going on, the status finally changed to "Canceled or Closed". So I tried again around Black Friday when they had another sale. Again, got everything else in the order (and even other orders after this) but two items that were similar to the original ones I wanted. I tried their live chat is is ABSOLUTE JOKE! they are only available for a literal minute each day. What the....?! So I tried to email. 3 times. no response even though they claim to respond within 24 hours. What a crock. After another 3 weeks, the item statuses change to shipment pending, whatever that means. finally I got smart and purchased the items from a different site and lo and behold, yesterday I receive one of the items in "Shipment Pending". Now I'm wondering if i'm going to get the other item, but will never know because this dumb site doesn't say whether it has been shipped or not. I will NEVER buy from this site again! I advise everyone to do the same and pass over this site!

katieb45
12/8/15

In the past I have made several purchases. If the item wasn't up to my standards, I could return for refund or credit (even if the item was listed as not returnable). Now, I can't get any customer service even though they guarantee a response in 24 hours. I will never buy fro them again. There is no phone number, there isn't customer service at all!

erikap5
12/5/15

I am very sad that a great company has gotten quite bad in the last year. The customer service is pathetic. You used to actually get a response in under 4 hours as they still advertise but now it takes several days.
Today they are advertising a 30% discount with $200+ purchase but when I place items worth $207 in my cart, I only get 20% discount! That's just wrong.
Also their live chat hours are apparently only 1 minute each day from 8:59-9 AM Mon-Fri and 10:59-11AM Sat and Sun. I tried to live chat them today at 12:50 pm and they were offline. Is this a joke?!

For anyone interested to know this, the company has been owned by Groupon since ever they changed their name from Ideeli to Ideel.

peiwent
12/5/15

Yes, I received a defective coat and i wrote 3 email to them and no reply, live chat also never available. It is real bad

charlsiei
12/3/15

This morning at 9am CST I checked my credit card account. It showed an ~$1147 charge from Ideeli! & then another ~$764 charge! I tried to log into my Ideeli account - no luck - I'm locked out! My credit card company cannot help because the charges are still shown as 'pending'. I sent Ideeli a message at 9am & got an email back saying they normally respond within 4 hours. As of 14 hours later - NOTHING! I could potentially have $2,000 in fraudulent charges & they don't seem to care!!!

la9680
12/3/15

I am currently awaiting delivery for an order placed three weeks ago. One portion delivered the other two still say shipment pending. This is despite the estimated delivery window of 11/13-11/20. I have sent multiple e-mails with no resolution of this issue. They no longer will respond to me on the live chat. I wait and wait and after going from 9th person in line to first I'm then told there is no one available. I have used this site multiple times in the past and been happy with my purchases, However this is absolutely the worst service I have ever received. If the items are out of stock then just tell me. If they are no longer available update the website. However this continuous run around with the inability to cancel my order is ridiculous! I do not recommend using this website during the holiday season and I will likely not be using them in the future.

laraeh
12/3/15

I have yet to receive a response regarding an order that I need to return and they now have new live chat hours:

Monday - Tuesday: 08:30 AM - 12:00 AM EST
Wednesday: 08:30 AM - 10:50 AM EST
Thursday - Friday: 08:59 AM - 09:00 AM EST
Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 06:00 PM EST

On Thursday they are only available for live chat for 1 minute?

Something is going on with their ability to keep up and process requests and I would recommend not making any further purchases from this company.

daliac2
12/2/15

12/2/15

I still did not receive any response !!!! I have sent 10 emails to customer support for an item which has yet to be delivered I've tried on line "Live Chat" , no response . I think my item got lost somewhere and I just need an update .
They are the absolute worst about answering customer service complaints. dalia...

Tip for consumers: You can't trust this company and their service !!!!!

brendab46
11/26/15

I never received my coat and keep getting the runaround by this company. Their number is always busy and live chat makes promises it does not keep!

p-e-r-r-yc
11/19/15

I have sent 6 emails to customer support for an item which has yet to be delivered and have yet to receive a reply .. since the take over it has gone downhill rapidly.

emilyf23
11/18/15

Tried to buy a dress I liked from likedtoknowit's instagram. It led me to Ideel- I had never heard of this site before. Ordered my dress--they gave me an expected delivery date...the dress never came. I tried to email them and I was supposed to get a response within 24 hours- no response. I used their chat system- they said they filed a claim and will get back to me within a week- never heard back. Tried to contact them via telephone (which is not listed anywhere on their website). Their number rings a few times then takes me to an answering machine. What kind of online company has an answering machine service?! Worst online company I have EVER had to deal with. It's a rip off & scam!

20 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the ideeli staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question