US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

alexp9

I had my first encounter with a relatively condescending customer service rep. (in 249 reviews)

oxanad

Overall, I'm very happy with ideeli.com and will order again! (in 351 reviews)

irinat

I returned the dress expecting money credited back on my card but they gave only store credit. (in 47 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

sandya18
5/24/15

I recently purchased the Balenciaga city bag. I spent over $1000 on the purse. I just got the purse today, and it has no security tag (Ideel states every designer bag has a security tag), and the bag is not authentic!

The bag is a non-returnable item, unless it is defective. It says I should not remove the security tag until I have confirmed the item to be authentic. Since it did not come with any tag, I do not know what to do. I cannot believe they wouldn't check the authenticity or the security tag of an item over $1000 before shipping it out..

bernadetteo1
5/21/15

Bought a Sue Wong dress as my first purchase. There were two areas where the beading was undone. I felt like they either packaged the dress knowing it was defected or they didn't handle it gently. When I received the package, the clear plastic was torn in areas and wrapped with packaging tape. I was worried about buying from this site with all the negative reviews, It turns out you're taking a 50/50 chance. The dress was the only size two they had in stock, so I'll keep it and take it to a seamstress to repair the beading. Now I have to spend more money to repair an issue I was not aware of... :(
Such a bummer because I really wanted to like this website.

Order number: 90914958

meganw22
5/20/15

I'm surprised by all the negative reviews for Ideel. I have purchased probably at least a dozen times, and I've had no issues with authenticity, quality or returns. It seems to me a lot of reviewers have misunderstood the policies. Also, customer service has been quite good in my experience.

gingers3
5/19/15

Had one shopping experience without any problems and one with major issues. Customer service took 6 days to respond the first time and then several days more over the course of multiple emails to finally answer my question...or so I thought. After taking some time to cool down before I contacted customer service again they finally resolved my problem. Just really disappointed that they claim to respond to customer's questions within 24 hours and failed to do so at every turn. Will use my credit and then I'm never shopping their site again.

christineb51
5/18/15

This was my first purchase from this website. I was looking for a specific Heys luggage set and they had it for 43% off the manufacturer's website (which was already marked down by about 50% off the original price). I made the purchase pretty quickly, then read the reviews of the site afterwards, which wasn't very smart of me. I was nervous, but turns out I had no reason to be. I made the purchase 5/9, received tracking info 5/12, and just received my luggage today, 5/18. It's in perfect condition and I am very, very pleased.

I have to say, the only thing I don't like about the website is that this item was non-returnable, but I figure it's no different than when you purchase an all-sales-final clearance item in a store. It's so deeply discounted, that the savings is worth it. You just have to be sure that you are not going to change your mind after purchasing something like this.

Anyway, I figured I would make a point of taking the time to give this site a good review because I feel that not enough satisfied customers do so. Which leads people to only see the unsatisfied customers' reviews, not the true bigger picture.

danyelb
5/8/15

I feel like I've been dooped. Spent over $2,000.00 for a FAKE Saint Laurent handbag. Anyone with any sense can take one look at the bag and be rest assured it's a fake. If I would've known, I wouldn't have spent my money here. Also, the bag I received looked nothing, I mean nothing like the picture of the bag I thought I was purchasing. I'm sick to my stomach. And the item is of course non returnable. I can not believe I spent my hard earned money on a fake that expensive...just beside myself.

keelac
5/8/15

I made a purchase in March for my best friends bday. I didn't know until after the purchase that it would be sent out by April 13-17... So it said! Those dates came and no package so I emailed about it. Then I chatted so I cancelled it by chatting with someone online so I thought! The next day money was taken out of my account! I called and had to leave a message on an answering machine!!!! No return call ! A couple of days later the package was sent. Once again j called the number and was quite pissed! A lady called and left a message saying she check records and I had only contacted twice! Lies!!!!! I was at work btw and she called back again leaving a message saying they were processing the refund just to send the package back one I got it! Well that's was Late April! It's may 9 and I still have no damn refund! Or incentives ! Stay away! A complete scam and thanks for ruining my best friends gift!

graigd
5/5/15

BE CAREFUL ORDERING MORE THAN 2 ITEMS AT A TIME, BECAUSE IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ANY ITEMS, YOU ARE LIMITED TO RETURN ONLY 2 ITEMS FROM YOUR ORDER.

I ORDERED 8 ITEMS FOR MY FAMILY MEMBERS FOR MOTHERS DAYS, WHEN I RECEIVED THE ITEMS I WAS LESS THAN SATISFIED AND REQUEST TO RETURN ON THE ITEMS WITHIN 24HRS AFTER RECEIPT. THEY TELL ME I CAN ONLY RETURN TWO ITEMS, WHICH DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO PLACE THAT TYPE OF CONDITION ON A CUSTOMER.

I ORDERED FROM THEM BEFORE BUT I NEVER LOOKED AT THE FINE PRINT, IF NOT HAPPY YOU ARE ONLY ABLE TO RETURN 2 ITEMS FROM ANY ORDER. THAT IS THE WORSE INJUSTICE I'VE EVER HAD ORDERING PRODUCT ON-LINE.

I PAID FOR MY SHIPPING AT $8.95 AND NOW THEY TELL ME THEY WILL DEDUCTED $8.95 FROM MY RETURN OF 2 ITEMS ALTHOUGH I'M NOT SATISFIED WITH 5 ITEMS.

BE CAREFUL WITH THIS COMPANY!

deed50
5/1/15

Terrible, terrible experience! There is no contact number on there site so when you have questions you have to chat online and they cancel the chats!!!! Bad service, buyer be ware! They don't do what they say they do!!!!!

melanier16
4/29/15

Found this site on groupon and decided to give it a chance. Purchased your bamboo Huxley shoes in nude and a Melissa and Doug toy. Ordered and spent about 12$ over the groupon amount. A little while later I emailed them because nothing had shipped and they said the toy had shipped but the shoes were delayed.. Really thanks for the email to let me know!!! Now today they canceled my shoe order!! Really... Not fair at all. Not to mention I had to fight with the customer rep to get. My 20$ credit back. So now I spent 7.99 plus 9.95 shipping for just a stupid toy and it came out of pocket.. What was the point of the deal them... I could have gotten that same toy at tjmaxx for the same price no shipping cost. Only reason I even got it was because I was getting shoes and had to pay shipping for them really disappointed...

Tip for consumers: Don't order from here.. It's just a headache. I will be using my last 20$ credit and never looking anywhere towards this site again.

erosd
4/24/15

I ordered a watch on April 10 2015 and i never received, This horrible company stole my money and never give me back. Be aware of this company don't waste your time and money.

katherines10
4/17/15

I had used this site prior to the complete re-design, and it had been a lovely experience. THIS IS NOT THE CASE ANYMORE!! I spent $200 on clothing and express shipping only to receive a call the following day from the "loss prevention department" stating that I needed to call back and speak to someone or my order would be cancelled in 24 hours?! I've called back, left messages, and spent over an hour doing the online chat with customer service. CUSTOMER SERVICE said they could not access the information to find out why a hold was put on my package, that they could not help me or let me speak to anyone that could help me--but that they would reach out to the "loss prevention department" who would then get back to me between 24-48 hours--which is the opposite of helpful when I was told 4 hours prior that my order would be cancelled in 24 hours. They placed me in an impossible position and literally no one helped me. What a terrible way of doing business! With this kind of failure to complete orders and communicate or help customers, Ideeli is not going to be in business much longer. Management and structuring of the departments is sloppy at best. Pathetic CEO and COO....If anyone from this elusive "loss prevention department" sees this, it would be great of you to actually do your job and call me back!! THANKS!

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY!!

mariad40
4/16/15

The only reason im giving 1 star I because i cannot proceed without giving atleast one star. Watch out free return apparently means $8.95 to Ideel. Horrible customer service stay away from this company!!!

saimad
4/8/15

Just received my very first purchase Uggs Bailey Buttons which is non-returnable but is 100% fake! They had claimed that it is 100% authentic but it contains no authentic signs. Fur is literally falling off and soles are hard as brick. Do not waste your money on them. I will be reporting their website to Uggs and post all over the internet not to buy from them.

johnb371
4/4/15

I purchased from Ideel and thought I was getting a good deal. When I received the merchandise I could tell it had been previously sold and worn. I called customer service and they were super rude, for no reason because I just was inquiring about their return policy. I was informed that the merchandise I purchased could not be returned and I was "stuck" with it. Best to buy from other sites like gilt.com and ruelala.co. I've never had any problem with the other websites.

Tip for consumers: Best advice I can give you is not to shop here

lann121
4/4/15

Today i did my first order. At first i saw i got 20% off and free shipping when i added selected items to cart. After several time " continue shopping " and went ahead to check out, i couldn't see any offer, even 10% off. i tried shopping again and again. but i still got any offer, even 10% off. i felt confused. WHAT HAPPEND?

amorr1
3/18/15

Receiving wrong item or apology email that they don't have the item. What a bummer!!!IT happened to me 2 times in two months. Very poor service!!

roxir
3/17/15

I have placed an order almost 1 week ago and I received today a suspicious email and call from ideeli that my ordered will be canceled unless I give them a call back. Is this a legitimate business? I goggled the area code and it says that calls 646 are a scheme from Bahamas.

ruthl12
3/14/15

This place is horrible. Because I've gotten so many great deals on Groupon, and this company is associated, stupid me thought it would be worthy.
Not so much. I ordered 2 handbags - the 1st shipped immediately and it is nice. A Guess purse. The other - oh em Geeeeee! What a hassle! So much time wasted "chatting" with a "customer" "service" representative and then emails from another "CSR" who flat out LIED TO ME ABOUT THE DAY OF SHIPMENT. Called the CRS number - just a voicemail.
Cancelled my order but have not received CONFIRMATION which I asked for in an email.
Wish I had checked up more on this company's atrocious reputation before I ordered.
NEVER AGAIN!!!

Tip for consumers: Do NOT

quinnd8
3/5/15

Wish I could leave a negative or zero star rating. My husband ordered a cashmere sweater for me for Christmas. We received something in the mail on time, but it turned out to be men's jogging pants. We have since returned the item and they received it on 12/27/2014. Its been over 2 months and we still have not received any credit back for it. Trying to contact someone to resolve the problem has been very difficult. We will never shop there again and will tell all our friends and family not to do so either.

Tip for consumers: Please do not buy from them.

jillk13
3/4/15

I would never buy from Ideel again. The products were cheap and junky and when I tried to send the goods back, it was difficult to access the print label and it took a week to get a refund. More importantly they didn't have a phone number where you could reach a live person without doing a forensic exercise to find it. Never again!

janed83
3/2/15

I just read many of these reviews and I wish I would have sooner-poor Jason. What a horrible job you have having to clean up messes caused by a generally incompetent customer service department and/or fulfillment center.
This company needs to reevaluate it's "non-traditional" call center into a traditional call center with people who are trained to handle logistics as well as an upset customer WHEN THEY CALL not hours or days afterwards and to h%#! with weather or "high call volumes" due to the "holidays". You are a business for crying out loud! Hire more people! Ever heard of seasonal workers?! No one leaves voice messages anymore-get with the times and the technology.
I love talking to Amazon's or Zappos's customer service centers and will no longer stray from conducting my business with them. I can get a real person every time without hold if I need to do so and that matters more than 10% off. Take a lesson from them.
There needs to be a no star option here...

Tip for consumers: Do not do it! It's not worth the trouble!

indayb
2/28/15

Ideel charged my credit card for an order that was not even shipped. I've complained at least four time and all I get is a run-around.

Unresponsive customer service.

Do NOT buy from ideel.com. Go to Gilt instead. Or Piperlime.

Tip for consumers: Stay away and avoid an encounter with fraud and inefficiency

lilianab
2/26/15

Very poor customer service ! no answer calls, just send email unfounded

Tip for consumers: Very poor customer service !

estherg9
2/24/15

I placed an order for 2 Nicole Miller dresses. Once they arrived, they didn't look like the items pictured online - but I figured I would try them on bc they're Nicole Miller (a brand I know and trust). The material on one wasn't very soft, and the second dress didn't sit right - so I requested to return the items and a refund back to my credit card. I shipped the items back, but the amount of time it took to process a refund is obnoxiously long. I had to contact customer multiple times to get it returned. But at the end of it all, even though I checked the REFUND my credit card option, they still just gave me "store credit." So I contact customer service AGAIN. And they tell me, "Oh it may have been a glitch in the system." How many glitches does one company have in their system?? I'm very upset, now, not only do I have to wait even longer for my refund, but the company is holding my funds hostage.

Tip for consumers: Avoid this site. They're cheap for a reason - I'm not sure the items are really made by the designer, and the customer service is awful.

debin
2/12/15

Love all of there product lines and prices. Wonderful customer service!

renep20
2/11/15

The items are cute, sure.. but don't let ANYTHING be wrong with your order because their customer service is HORRID. ABSOLUTELY AWFUL. I'd rather be forced to shop at WalMart for my fashion items than ever deal with these people again. Service is a lost industry people - sometimes a great deal really isn't worth it.

Tip for consumers: DON'T DO IT

juw7
2/9/15

Horrible customer service. In my first order I pay for a $400+ handbag and they mail me an entirely different one. I emailed to inform them and their automated response message says they're proud that they respond on average "4 business hours" and how you can expect a response the same day as a result. Several days later I receive absolutely no response. I will email again but not surprised if they ignore me again. How can they get away with running a business like this?! I saw all the bad reviews and wished I heeded the warnings before my order. I will file a formal complaint on the BBB website. Others with issues should do so as well because I have a hard time believing they deserve an "A+" rating given all the awful complaints about receiving the wrong item, lost packages, and generally bad customer service.

Update on 2/14/2015: Finally Ideel customer service contacted me but asked for photos as well as a description of the incorrect item received. Jason F also contacted me the same day through Sitejabber and I provided my info (to both reps) and asked to expedite sending me a return shipping label. I am still without a shipping label or response (from Jason or another Ideel customer service rep). The delay in receiving a response and therefore slow pace at which my issue is being resolved is incredibly frustrating as a consumer. I have never had this type of issue with other flash sites. I have attached photos of the product advertised on Ideel which is of a large Marc Jacobs over-the-should Bentley handbag. On the other hand, I have posted a photo of the product I actually received which is a much smaller Marc Jacobs cross-body bag (link here for reference: http://www.barneys.com/Marc-by-Marc-Jacobs-Too-Hot-to-Handle-Top-Handle-Bag/00505026772134,default,pd.html?gclid=COmZoqO24sMCFUkV7AodkREAYQ). This is not the same bag and I feel like like someone is trying to pull a fast one on me. This has been a terrible shopping experience and don't feel like Ideel is making an effort at all to at least make it up to me by solving it quickly.

ludal
2/6/15

Would not reccoment this site to anyone. Very unprofessional. They rather loose a costomer than fix a problem. Will never shop there again neither my family and friends. Very dissapointed

alanan2
2/5/15

Don't use this website to buy anything. You will never get any form of customer service or get your package on time.

katieb26
2/5/15

This is the absolute WORST customer service I have ever encountered.. Not worth it - there are plenty other sites similar to Ideel/Ideeli that offer excellent customer service and post sales assistance. This has been a HUGE 4 week headache ( and still going)

Jan 6th: I placed order to ship 2nd day air ( when I typed the address I was off by 1 digit..totally my fault) - I tried to work with UPS and Ideel to have them direct this to a local UPS station - but since Ideel took too long to get back , it was shipped back to their warehouse.

JAN 12th: - Order arrived at Ideel warehouse

JAN 13th: I contact Live Chat to ask them to ship this back out - since it was received yesterday. Was told they would escalate and try to get it out ASAP via 2nd day air.

JAN 14th: Contacted Live Chat .. was told this would take 3-5 business days ( explained this was being ' escalated' .. they advised this would not ship 2nd day

JAN 26th: Live Chat unavailable - emailed to check status of shipment ...

JAN 28th - Received response telling me they have not reshipped yet .. said they realized this was taking longer than expected and they could issue a refund instead if I would prefer.

JAN 29th: Received email that said Ideel has received my return items ( they actually arrive don 1/12) ... and a refund has been issued for the order... I responded immediately indicating this order should have been shipped back out to me ( NOT a return)

JAN 30th: Received email in response saying they have not received the order yet - but when they do, they have instructions to resend to me (?? email yesterday just indicated this was received and refunded)

FEB 2nd: Contacting Live Chat - explained what has been going on for the last 4 weeks... Nyla took my # to give to a manager.. No one has attempted to call yet.

FEB 5th: Contacted Live Chat - explained my situation again. Lothair ( who I spoke with at the start and told me this order would be shipped out once received).. He told me I would now have to reorder this product now. I told him there were instructions to reship - and I needed this to be shipped back out to me.. he said he would escalate and have someone email me ... Not holding my breath.

donf21
2/2/15

I placed an order for a comforter. It did not appear to be of the quality depicted in the picture. I attempted 6 times to contact customer service and have never had one response. I will never use the site again!

Tip for consumers: Don't use

suzannew8
1/30/15

I bought a Prada bag from ideel.com. The item was exactly pictured on the Prada.com website for hundreds more. I was excited to get this great deal. Unfortunately I received the wrong item (something that looked as though it cost a few dollars). Customer service was actually pretty good, and they shipped me my item 2 day shipping without any further expense to me. They responded back timely when I had questions or concerns. When my Prada bag arrived, it was exactly as pictured, in excellent condition. Although I was very worried, everything turned out ok.

kimh80
1/29/15

HORRIBLE customer service, returned with their shipping label which arrived on January 23, 2015 at 11:53 and still no refund on January 29, 2015! Here is the Live Chat copied and pasted, she disconnected without allowing me to respond again! Next live chat wouldn't even respond even though I was connected. ABSURD!

Text Size: Increase Text Size Decrease Text Size
Jessica: Welcome to Ideel
Jessica: Hello Zack
Zack: Okay you have had the boots back since 1/23 I am sure that is enough time to refund me. I want a refund to my account so that I can use it PLEASE it has been more than enough time
Jessica: May I please have your order number to look into this for you
Zack: 01/16/2015
Jessica: One moment while I look into that fory ou
Jessica: *you
Zack:
Delivered On:
Friday, 01/23/2015 at 11:53 A.M.

Left At:
Dock

Signed By:
RED$#*!

Proof of Delivery

Jessica: Ok, Zack. It does take 3-5 business days following the day that we received your return, for it to process. Today is day four, so your credit should be available by the end of the day, tomorrow
Zack: This is absurd. I will never buy from your site again. CLEARLY the item is returned. Horrible customer service, I will write reviews everywhere. Never had an experience this bad on any other site.
Jessica: I do apologize for the inconvenience Zack. Is that all that I can assist you with today?
Zack: Should have checked reviews first, everyone says not to buy from your site that the customer service is terrible and so are the shipping...
Zack: You did not assist me Jessica
Jessica: I'm sorry that you feel this way
Jessica: do enjoy your evening
Jessica:
Thank you for using our Live Chat today! If you need any further assistance we have a few different options for you. Our FAQ contains lots of helpful information on a variety of issues. Of course, you can always log back into Live Chat, send us an inquiry on the site or email us at support@ideel.com. Thanks for being a part of ideel, we hope to see you on the site again soon!

Jessica has disconnected.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. Another order I placed in December still hasn't arrived!

skylers1
1/29/15

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! TERRIBLE SHIPPING METHODS! DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS!

Tip for consumers: Don't purchase a thing from them. Use Gilt instead.

vivianl23
1/28/15

I've been the Ideeli customer since May 2013, but recent experience with this online retail was horrible. I've ordered 3 items few weeks ago (#84209542) and found out that the size (4) were too big for the 2 items (Please note that I've ordered another item with the same brand few months ago with size 4 which it fits fine with me). I requested to exchange, but got rejected. They allow me to return (by making the return label for me) so that I can reorder smaller size (2). However, the return label didn't include both of the items I requested. I've asked the online chat support and he told me that one of the item is a final sale and can't be returned. I wasn't aware of this. When I request for my current credit to be return to my credit card because I wouldn't want to shop here anymore. It was rejected too because it was from a price match courtesy. When I asked if I can escalate my request to someone else and he told me that he is already a senior rep. So it seems that I'm stuck with the items that don't even fit me. I never rate bad about anyone's business but this one. :(

jazj
1/26/15

Ideel or ideeli it doesn’t matter – DON’T ORDER FROM THEM. Horrible return policy, horrible customer service…if you can get service. Over priced items that you can get for cheaper at Amazon etc. with a free return policy/customer service. Well, I ordered some items, however I did not realize that these items could not be return, I placed my order at 11:45am by 12:10pm (so 25 minutes later) same day I tried to cancel my order by emailing the so called customer service, and I called…no answer. Instead, one day or two days later I get a confirmation email that my order has shipped. Really? After I tried to cancel the order, well any other merchant has better policies than this ideel/ideeli…money grabbing scam. DON’T ORDER FROM THEM!

Tip for consumers: When you order, I would recommend to only order cheap items and not high priced items since ones bought you are stuck. The return or refund policy is horrible, other merchant have so much better policies. Oh, I no chance cancel your order...no customer service :-( Stick to sites that deliver.

nataliek11
1/20/15

The first time i purchased something from ideel.com, they told me 6 days after i purchased it my order was cancelled because they ran out. The second time i purchased something from ideel, i told them the next day after spending 400 dollars on their website that i would like to cancel the order, since they only give you an hour to cancel your order online, they told me that they could no longer cancel it because it was in the process of being shipped and that i would have to contact them when i receive the items for a return label. my product didn't even ship for another week after that. when i got my products i sent them back immediately. which i was told from the time they received them it would be 3-5 business days until i received my money. after not receiving any money 8 days later, i contacted them and they told me i would not receive my money for ANOTHER 3-5 business days and that they made a mistake. they received my product on the 9th, it is now the 20th. still wondering where my money is. after contacting them(emailing and leaving them a voicemail) telling them i was upset because i was counting on that money being in my account, i have not heard any response from them.

jjv1
1/15/15

I should have read the review before. I ordered a bag for wife on Jan 1 since then they have NOT even shipped the bag yet. I've contacted them twice and the customer support can't even tell you when they will ship the item. WASTE CUSTOMER TIME!

deborahe8
1/12/15

I WAS really happy with IDEELI before groupon. I purchased a Nue by Shani dress on Nov 18th. This was not my first experience with ideel (hence the new name). I have been a good customer for over a year. I have purchased everything here: shoes, coat, maxi dress, workout clothes, dresses etc. The Nue by Shani dress was ordered in my size 4. I received a size 12. I sent the dress back and emailed the company about my return. The company finally acknowledged receiving the dress back at the warehouse on Jan. 2nd. They said 3-5 business days and I would have my refund. I emailed on Jan 10th no response, emailed again this a.m Jan 12th, still no response. It's already insulting that I received the wrong item and this is the customer service response I get. I shop at MyHabit, Gilt and Rue la la. Not only have I NEVER had a problem that wasn't resolved in a timely manner with these flash sale sites, the customer service has been remarkable. It's so sad that ideel treats their good customers this way. Unless Ideel comes up big with my refund (I mean within the next 24 hours) I will NEVER, EVER spend another penny on this site. I'll update you within 2 days. Okay I'm back! It's the 20th of Jan. and this is my update. Ideel customer service manager emailed me within 24 hours of my SiteJabber review. She said she was sorry about the lapse in emails, 4 days, but that many customer service reps were out sick and that's why no prompt response. She also gave me a 25.00 credit for my troubles. She added that I should have emailed them BEFORE my return (I did twice) and that was also part of the problem. Note to retailers: If you are trying to fix a "sticky" customer service issue, leave off the blaming the customer part. My new feeling about Ideel, stay away, NOTHING is worse than poor customer service in my experienced opinion, it's free and all retailers should "lead" with it.

Tip for consumers: DON"T USE THIS SITE. MyHabit is a flash sale site owned by Amazon.
Use this site instead. If you have a problem, they go out of their way to resolve it. They don't just ignore you.

angelam32
1/12/15

UPDATED Review! Jason & Jessica resolved all issues promptly, and I have since received all of my orders, everything was exactly & as described, I received my discounts, all of my points, & have also made a few returns(AND placed additional orders ;) and everything has been Excellent, since my 1st review.
Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it!!

alanas5
12/28/14

Hey guys. So I ordered a coat on this website for the first time about two days ago. I read someone else having this problem, but I'm still a little bit confused about it. Apparently there is an authorization hold on your card? So they first charged my card once for $96.01, and then again for $96.46 (which is the actual price of the coat). So I was confused looking at my bank account. I only ordered one thing, so what is this charge of $96.01? I called customer service, left a message, and a nice lady called back a couple hours later and told me that it's some authorization hold, similar to what hotels do. But I have no idea why a clothing store would do this? Apparently the charge should be dropped and returned to my account after it is shipped, but why the heck do they do this in the first place? Does anyone know why they do this? I'm keeping my eye out on my account to make sure the money returns to my account after it's shipped, but I still think it's really weird. Why not just take the regular amount right when you order it instead of pretty much charging you twice, then returning half of it back to you after it's shipped? I've never heard of a clothing store doing this, it doesn't make any sense. Anyone know the reasoning behind this? Seems really sketchy to me.

But my mom and sister order from this website all the time and usually never have problems. Maybe they just never noticed the authorization hold before? They say the products are usually really good.

(I'll write another review after everything is hopefully worked out!)

Tip for consumers: Just watch out for the authorization charge. It's really weird and doesn't make any sense. But apparently they drop it as soon as it's shipped.

arisc
12/10/14

DO NOT BUY HERE!

I signed up with ideeli for a long time, but never bought anything, I saw their Ad recently saying "10% off your first order", so I decided to buy a Saint Laurent bag, I placed my order, didn't see the 10% off, so I emailed and asked how do I use it, they email back saying the offer was no longer available (but it is still alive today in their Ad), but for one time courtesy they applied $15 off for my order.

The bag came this week. Terrible packaging for such expensive ($2000) item. I've bought same brand bag from Gilt before and their packaging was way better. The worst part is there's scratch all overt the hardware, the zipper is RUSTED, there's dry glue and scratch on the bottom of the bag, it is definitely NOT a brand new bag, it's either returned by someone after use or it's a vintage one and they sell it in the price of a new bag. I looked at my order and the bag of course is non-returnable. I took photos and emailed their customer service to ask if this is a new authentic bag. No reply after 24 hours.

angelinez
12/4/14

“I had tons of online shopping experiences with Hautelook, Bluefly, BeyondtheRack, Rue La La, Gilt, etc. and overall I was happy with all these vendors. I never bought anything from ideeli before and this time I did it just buying an ear muffle. The whole experience was far from pleasant and I will never purchase anything from them again. This is the worst online shopping experience I ever had. First after placing the order, they deducted the amount right away from my credit card and later put it back. It was very confusing to see the back-and-forth transactions as one of them didn't show with vendor name. I had to guess that they hadn't shipped it yet but they wanted to test if my credit card was valid. Then for almost three weeks nothing happened - Neither did I see any update on website saying what was the order status nor did I receive any email providing me with updates. The order was placed on Nov 14 and on Dec 2, after the T-giving Holiday, I checked my credit card account and saw three pending transactions from them, all deducting the same amount! My order was $50 something and what I saw were three identical $50+ deductions, all from them! My account was immediately down for $150+ for something only worth $39.99 (w/o Tax and shipping) and not even shipped! Could you believe that? I wasn't sure if there was a mistake and called the hotline. Nobody answered, which wasn't surprising, so I left a voice msg. The answering machine said they would call me back by end of day. Nobody ever called me back, I received an email the other day just explaining they were testing my card and nothing was really deducted since it was not shipped! Come on then why did I see three pending transactions from you? OK fine by that time instead of three pending transactions I only saw two, so I thought they were fixing it. Then end of day Dec 3, an email came saying my order was now cancelled because the manufacturer wasn't able to fulfill it. What the XXX? After you already tested and deducted from my account 5-6 times? Why would it take you so long to even get the idea that the manufacturer couldn't fill the order? With this time frame if I purchase anything from most online vendors I use, the product would have already been arrived! I will never use ideeli (or ideel the new name) again for any online shopping!

kittyd3
12/4/14

I used to love this site. The customer service has completely ruined it for me. The last straw was getting a wrong item in the "right" package, which was very was odd and when I reported it the entire interaction was about how they can't give me the thing I actually ordered because of the " nature of business" too bad. No alternatives offered or recognition that I have spent a ton of money there as a paid member. I relate to all the people reporting a condescending reply. Anyway, there are plenty of other options out there that just got my money. **deleting app**

mayaw1
11/25/14

I will have to give 5 stars for my experience. Although this was my first purchase from Ideeli, I have to say it was a pleasant/normal experience. I was looking to order a MK handbag and wallet as I was also looking at Macys as well. Ideeli was slightly cheaper so I chose to save a few dollars. Prior to my purchase I emailed to asked if the products being sold are 100% authentic being the prices are quite affordable. The next day I received an email assuring me the products are authentic and the prices are low because they have rather small inventory which helps them move product fast and replenish. I ordered my bag and wallet and received them a week later, 2 days a head of shipping. That's my personal experience and I hope it remains that way.

christinea14
11/22/14

This company is awful. They sent me the wrong products. Customer service was rude when I informed them of the mistake. I returned the products, I waited a week after it arrived at warehouse to contact them regarding my credit. They told me to wait longer- then they only credited me one product. I had to contact again. Did not get full refund until a month later. They're customer service correspondence is via email which I didn't like.

ac13
11/21/14

Bought from ideeli several times - the stuff is nice online, but the quality isn't great for the price. Got a plain cotton shirt for 19 dollars + 10 dollars shipping, to find out after a few washes that it shrank to a baby tee and lint/pills all over, now it looks like a rag, and i only wore it about 3x. And is there a reason why the shipping is 10 dollars flat fee? Compared to Jcrew and other retailers, I would not shop on ideeli.com any longer. Only had to buy something from there is because I bought a bunch of stuff, which wasn't what i expected so I had to return it (and paid extra return shiping) and had a running credit. bleech..

kf19
11/20/14

In reading many posts I must state I recently made a purchase on 11/17/2014. I was concerned because so many had unfortunate encounters with the company. Well, I will say this, NO PROBLEMS. All the merchandise was fine and shipped on time. Thank you Ideel.

emmaz1
11/13/14

every order with every credit card i have had has been cancelled by the site. it always tells me pending authorization, and to add a new card. when i do add yet another new card, the same thing constantly happens. i gave up after my third attempt at buying something failed. this site is ridiculously bad, stay away!!!!

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the ideeli staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: How many days does it take to get a refund? I cancelled an order before it was shipped
5/7/13
Answer
janeyc
A: Anyone know of a similar site with good customer service?
1/18/10
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: today i did my first order on Ideeli. At first, i saw i got 20 % off for the first purchase and freeshipping. then after several " continue shopping" , i didn't get any offer for my order, even 10 % off for first order when i checked out. and i immediately cancelled my order. who can tell me what happened?
Answer
amorr1
A: I also got an email of 20% off, i tried to purchase but on submission of payment, there's no 20% so I cancelled it.. Whenever i received that email again, i just trash it because it's not true!
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the ideeli staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

5 Photos for ideeli