US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

dorathya

HAVING READ DISPARAGING REMARKS HERE ABOUT HL'S CUSTOMER SERVICE; I MUST POLITELY DISAGREE. (in 77 reviews)

jeannef

But my biggest beef is with the interminable wait to receive an item. (in 121 reviews)

camilah

I placed my order on 9/23 and it got here on 10/4. (in 150 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ch10555
11/21/14

I totally agree with all the one star reviews. I have had more orders cancelled than I received. And they don't notify me it's cancelled. I have to keep calling to find out where the items is, as it's really late in arriving. I spend so much tome dealing with them, it's not worth it!, ordered a $300 ring and it wasNot the ring I bought...lacked the 1 carat diamond that they said it had. Tonight's experience with Yet another item, left me so disappointed with Nordstrom. I can't believe they stay in business don't waste your time,

Tip for consumers: Stay away!,

cm64
11/21/14

First things first I shop online ALOT and Hautelook has got to be by far the worst shopping experience I have ever had! As a matter of fact this is the first negative review I think I have ever written. That's not to say that I have never been a little let down or frustrated with a purchase before just not to the point of taking the actual time to write a review. However my experience with Hautelook was so unbelievable awful I believe it warrants warning others. I purchased a pair of Muk Luk boots on Oct. 19th promptly paid, received my order confirmation and went on thinking everything was all and well like any other online purchase would have been. After almost 2 weeks had passed and I still had not received shipping info I began to grow concerned so I called customer service. I was assured that everything with the order was fine, they were waiting for the company to send the items to them and I would receive shipping notification soon. Another week and a half passes with no shipping notification. At this point I had already ordered other items elsewhere to compliment my purchase so I send an email. I am then told that the item was there and marked as picked in their system and would be shipping no later than within 72hrs. Another week goes by and no shipping info. Emailed them again and was told the item was due to ship and they would follow up on Tues personally. Well now it's Friday and no shipping or follow up so I emailed them again and was told.."oops we didn't have enough of the item so you will get a refund"...ya right. Save your time, money and sanity and shop elsewhere these people are complete HACKS!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Get ready to want to bash your head against a wall ...

bevl1
11/18/14

Very very poor quality items. First 2 dresses I ordered look like they came from a cheap designer knock off store- one was even missing the brand tag so no idea if it was even the brand I ordered. My second order was a jacket that was extrememly nice in the photo- what i was sent had huge clunky rhinestones and studs and big plastic gold buttons- the fabric was cheap and it was poorly made. The 3rd was a handbag that looked like it came of one of the cheap kiosks with designer knock offs you see in malls- horrible. This one they tell me cant be refunded because it was a blowout sale. I'm sending it back anyway and they can decide what to do with it- I would be embarrassed to carry it. (its a Lola Bernard by the way- nice photo- horrible handbag, cheaply made, cheap looking) I'm done with this company.

ft5
11/14/14

I've shopped this site for a long time. I've seen them grow from having one sale a day to a site now acquired by big box retailer Nordstroms. I am giving them five stars because compared to some of my other sample site experiences they really are great.

Cons:

-slow shipping times. On average, I wait just a tiny bit longer for things from hautelook. They are clear about this upfront spit doesn't make me upset but I would never purchase from here for an event or gift that was time sensitive.
-some items I receive have seemed like customer returns or have been defective. This is only something I noticed after Nordstroms came on the scene. Prior to that-this never happened.

Pros:

-customer service is wonderful. In the times that I have contacted them regading defective items--I was able to return them for free. Do not worry- they will work with you on this. Others sites- like Ideeli are horrific to deal with.
-I rarely received the wrong item . It has happened once.
-the prices are good compared to gilt. I sometimes find a lower price on ideeli-but it's a crapshoot ordering from them. 7 out of 10 times I order from ideeli I get the wrong item.

I would definitely recommend them.

rachellef
11/13/14

I was introduced to the site by a friend who had great service and never an issue with her orders. That is the only reason I actually tried the site as i do not feel comfortable ordering online clothes. I am very happy with what I have ordered, the service I received when I had questions. I think you have to be careful and make sure you understand the brands you buy - the items you want - the size charts offered. You take a chance always buying on line since you can not touch or feel. I think this is a great site and will continue to shop....cautiously.

tc44
11/6/14

First order placed never shipped for they ran out of product even though I purchased and paid for them. After 30 days they finally canceled the order. Next order I received a size 6 shoes in a size 8 shoe box.  Size 8 is what I ordered. Can't reorder the size 8 again because of the lack of availability. Tip: don't get excited about a pair of shoes ordered until you actually have them in your hands.  Also, hautelook says every shoe "fits true to size" which is not the case. Some size 8 boots fit bigger than others.  Very surprised since this is a Nordstrom's company.

Tip for consumers: Tip: don't get excited about a pair of shoes ordered until you actually have them in your hands.  Also, hautelook says every shoe "fits true to size" which is not the case. Some size 8 boots fit bigger than others.

amberg16
11/2/14

I have such a bad taste in my mouth from this company that it's difficult to write this review without being overcome with irritation! Luckily I have only ordered from them a few times and now consider it a lesson learned. The quality is consistently that of road side vendors selling knockoffs. My first order (a couple of inexpensive sun dresses) took ages to get to me only to look cheap and flimsy. This was forgivable because I paid next to nothing for them. The next order was a pair of strappy sandals that were defective and a pair of boots that were supposed to be leather and smelled of diesel. Again the order took forever. The next and last order was a leather satchel that looked beautiful. The satchel was supposedly a $400. + bag. Interestingly, when I looked the company up online the only store that carried it was Nordstrom Rack (not found on the Nordstrom site) and a thrown together site for the company (I think it was Terrazos but can't really remember as I seem to have blocked it over the past couple of months). The companies site was no longer in existence by the time I received the bag because as usual it took weeks to arrive! When the bag arrived it also smelled like diesel! The companies logo that was on the outside was stamped into the leather off center and stitched across! The lining felt like muslin and was sewn into the inside pocket, so was virtually useless! I have owned expensive handbags and this monstrosity never was and never could be a high end bag. Walmart would not have sold something this atrocious. You aren't getting a deal shopping at Hautelook, you're getting taken! After my two returns and waiting weeks for reimbursement, I won't even look at this site again. They do have super nice people in customer service though; the one redeeming quality.

Tip for consumers: Don't even bother

jenniferg45
10/24/14

I had been scouring flash sales for months trying to find a particular jacket and it finally popped up at Hautelook. It was my first time ordering from them, but I'm a long time customer of Nordstrom so I had high hopes for my shopping experience. My order was processed and shipped out promptly only when I opened the box I had been sent the wrong item. I immediately contacted customer service and requested that the correct item be sent. I was told that they would have to contact the "Help Desk" to find out if they could send the item as the item had sold out. I was told I would receive a return call in a day. I followed up by email the next day and was given the same information. I called the following morning and was told that because the sale had now ended I would not be able to receive the correct item and would be receiving a refund instead. I was also told that the information that I had been given the 2 days prior was incorrect and that I was never going to receive the correct item. So, not only do I not receive the item I ordered, and not only do I not get an apology for being LIED to, I also get to waste more of my time taking a trip to the post office to return an item to ridiculous company. UNEXCEPTABLE. Do not shop here.

alisham4
10/24/14

I like shopping at Haute, there are always great deals, however shipping sucks. Never less than 14 days to get an item.

Tip for consumers: Shipping time is horrible. It takes forever to get your item.

myn31
10/17/14

I made an order on Sep 28th. I was sooooooo excited for my purchase. So each day I was looking for my shipment e-mail. Finally it came on the 10th, and gave an arrival window of the 14th-16th. It is now the 17th and the tracking info indicates that I will not receive my shipment today, in fact, it gave no estimate of arrival. In the near 2 weeks it took them to ship the item I got curious, and began looking elsewhere. (too little, too late) :( I discovered my coveted item for less! Lesson learned, I could have payed less and been in possession by now, had I only made a better choice in retailer. Too boot, my item is deemed "non-returnable" by HL!
So to recap, If you enjoy overpaying and waiting 3+ weeks to get what you paid for. By all means use Haute Look. I however, will not make the mistake of patronizing this company EVER again. It may seem harsh, but there is NO logic behind paying more, just to wait longer! :(

Tip for consumers: Search other sites, you will likely find a better price and more reasonable shipping times!!!

willist9
10/17/14

I made a purchase on 9/7/14 and was charged the same day for items to be delivered between 9/23-9/29. When 9/29 comes around, nothing arrived. Finally one item arrived 10/3 and the 2nd item 10/14. In between, I call and email customer service. There is no response to my emails and the customer service rep guaranteed she would provide a status on 10/10. I never heard from her. On 10/16, I receive a message the 3rd item is no longer available, mean while they have had my money for 5 weeks. THIS PLACE IS A SCAM.

Tip for consumers: Use other flash sale sites like My Habit or Gilt. The prices are the same and they don't charge you until the item ships.

catherines20
10/14/14

Hautelook used to be my favorite shopping site and I have spent so much money on their site over the years. My own mail carrier makes fun of me for the HL packages coming so often. But I won't be ordering from them again after today. I ordered a necklace a good while ago and I was so in love with it and anxiously waiting every day for it to ship. Today out of the blue I get an email that they ran "short". Are you kidding me? IF they offer an item for sale they should have it and not disappoint their customers. It was a necklace that was over 200 dollars their price, but wow I am SO HAPPY , they gave me 10 dollars credit. Sheesh. Horrible and no respect for their good customers.

Tip for consumers: If you do choose to order from them, just realize it's a crap shoot and you may not get your item, so don't get too excited about it and just realize it's only a possibility that you actually receive it.

taniss
10/7/14

Like everyone else reviewing Hautelook I was drawn in by the great looking products and variety. I have probably ordered a dozen times and the only reason I continually go back is because they continually give me credits to use up due to their constant errors with my orders. My very first order came, a L.A.M.B. Poncho, gorgeous online, when I received the package and opened it not only was it the wrong product but the packaging slip showed another person name and address. I was so disappointed and called immediately. I was told that they could not send me my original order but that they would try to contact the purchaser of the item that I received to see if they received my order. For the record, my item was priced 4x's higher, so really why would that person admit to having it, a free item for them. Anyway, I had to wait a couple of days, Hautelook did not contact me back so I called to get my refund to be told that I would have to send the item back that I received in error and only then would I receive a full refund on the item I did not received. What??? 6 weeks later I got my $$ back. I cannot believe that for an error they clearly made that I was out my $100.00+ for that period of time. Since then I have continually received the wrong sizing on items, wrong colour and defective merchandise (twice). It is a pain to return, takes forever from start to finish and if there is a Holiday in between, add on two more weeks to receive your credit. When they say they refund, they give a credit instead. The ETA's are varied and I would stay away from utilizing this site for gift buying. Now I look but don't buy, very disappointed with this extension of Nordstrom, I expected so much more.

shopping9
10/7/14

Very poor customer service. I returned a $200 jacket to The Rack and they never refunded it to my credit card. I have contacted them 3 times and they do not seem to understand that the sales person appears to have refunded a lower priced similar item by mistake. Education level is low in these people.
Admit your mistake and fix it please!!

saraw26
10/4/14

Biggest scam ever, they are using your money(INVEST) by making you pay for something thats not guaranteed you will ever get it. For example, you like something and you purchase it after a month and half they will cancel your order and say sorry we didn't have enough of it therefore you won't be getting the item. FALSE advertisements!!!...SCAM, scam, and scam!!!

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this website, SCAM....

tylerh30
10/2/14

I have purchased over 50 items, over a thousand dollars in value. Initially, it was satisfactory service. However, in the past month I have had two disappointing incidents. I was sent the absolute wrong item, twice. Wrong item, wrong size, wrong color. Obviously, someone is being a bit careless. What sent me over the edge was the e-mail reply from their so-called customer service... "Sorry for your string of bad luck." Really?! So ordering from you is just a game of luck?! If I ever said that at my job, if be fired immediately. I will be deleting this application once my latest issue is resolved, taking my money somewhere where I'll receive proper customer care.

Tip for consumers: Good "luck"

kendrab7
10/1/14

I recently got my first shipment from Hautelook! I bought over $250.00 worth of the balm cosmetics for $100.00! Everything arrived within a few weeks,together,and original as described products! Love love love this site!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Shipping takes time...if your impatient...pay full price elsewhere:)

anal28
9/23/14

I have seen plenty of bad reviews for this site, but I wanted to give it a chance because it did seemed pretty legit. They set a time limit on the items in your shopping cart, shipping is free with SELECT items(small selection), even if you do end up paying for shipping there is a 16 business day wait, returns are a chore or not an option, customer service is a complete joke, no one will give you the same answer, and the customer is always wrong. OTHER THAN THAT they do have some great deals, but to be perfectly honest I just use Hautelook for ideas, then use other sites to find better deals! Hope this helps, and hope you didn't waste your time and money! Best of luck to those that did...

Tip for consumers: www.overstock.com < save yourself some time and sanity!

merrilyr
9/19/14

WARNING! Do not shop at HauteLook!!! I've ordered three things from this site, and experienced issues with all three items.

First, we ordered 2 pairs of shoes for my son. The first pair arrived within a few weeks, and they have a really (really) bad smell (formaldehyde perhaps?) -- we considered returning them, but they were only $20 and over a period of time the smell has lessened so now you can only smell it when you are up close. The other pair of shoes ordered for my son were in a pending status for 2 weeks, and then they notified us that they could not fulfill the order since they did not have the inventory. We have not yet received the credit and I am following up on this. Meanwhile, my husband ordered a pair of Rockport loafers in a size 10.5W.

After waiting for 3 weeks for the shoes, they arrived and he tried them on -- way too tight. The box was labeled as a 10.5W, but the shoes were actually a 10M.... we called HauteLook and the person we spoke with checked the inventory -- oops, sorry we don't have that size any more. She told us that have a choice of returning it via UPS or taking it to a nearby Nordstrom Rack -- and gave us the address of the Livingston NJ store, which is about 4 miles from us.

Only after I expressed my surprise at the lack of quality assurance in the warehouse, and annoyance at having to deal with this return, and my comment that the least they could do was give us some sort of compensation -- did she then offer a $10 credit (which I will never use because I don't intend to shop at this site ever again). When we told my sister this story, she told us the Livingston Nordstrom Rack store isn't even open yet -- we checked further and it's not even opening until October 8th -- the next closest Nordstrom Rack is in Paramus, a 45 minute ride from our home. So now we need to call back their customer service department and find out how to send it back via UPS. All very annoying and inconvenient - and we'll also have to follow up on the refund for these shoes, as well as the pair that was not fulfilled for my son.

Unfortunately, I did not investigate this company before we ordered, because I trusted the Nordstrom name.

I am a regular customer of Nordstrom and shop at their stores and online all the time -- I cannot believe that a store chain of this quality associates itself with a site like HauteLook, and risks their outstanding reputation this way.

hannahr8
9/10/14

This site is a complete scam. I have been using Ideeli for a year, and was excited to find this site for it's same concept but Ideeli never ripped me off.

I was over the moon the night a pair of Cynthia Rowley gladiators (dream shoes!) size 8 for $60, the page said "held in someone else's cart" and knowing the site gives you a time limit, I refreshed the page to see if I would get lucky and I did! So I had no hesitation in buying them right away.

I excited would get the mail everyday, and couldn't wait to wear my dream shoes with my favorite dress!! I was sad that after 3 weeks, the shoes were not here by my birthday. I know these sites take time to ship, but at least ideeli gives you an exact estimated date of arrival. It had been almost 2 months before I had got an email telling me they had received my return and we charging me return shipping?!!?!!! That's when I looked at the tracking number (note to everyone: never not overlook this, just expecting your online items to actually be sent!!) these shoes were never shipped of course. But I had to return them and pay return shipping??

I called and told them I just wanted my shoes, if for someone reason the shoes were being processed as a return, they could just send them back out to me. They said the package had been lost on the way to the carrier, but they couldn't send them to me because they did not have any access to this event's items. (Where do they go, disappear into thin air?)

It took about 10 days for me to be fully refunded. I was issued a $15 sorry dollar credit, but this actually EXPIRED 3 months later. I go on hautelook from time to time, but I can never bring myself to buy anything because I don't want to go through the hassle again, and I wonder if what they are selling actually exists. 3 months is a quick time for a credit you issued to me for your mistake to expire anyway!!

Tip for consumers: Items you buy may or may not even exist.

If someone is too good to be true, it usually is.

courtneyv6
9/4/14

Horrible, Lost my return of an Armani Suit!! Waited forever to receive two orders, returned one to Hautelook.com now I'm out $900.00, they didn't receive it they say!

Tip for consumers: dont

stephaniew26
8/30/14

As a loyal customer of Nordstrom, I was really excited to learn about Hautelook.

And when I saw the items on the site I was excited. I recently moved and liked all of the home items, particularly the color of a sheet set.

I ordered the sheet set on Hautelook and when it was delivered it was the wrong item, a duvet cover instead (same color).

I was very upset because I was really excited about those sheets. When I called Hautelook customer service, they were not helpful and non sympathetic to the fact that they shipped the wrong item. And there were no more in stock to send me the right item.

I was really sold on the color so I kept the wrongly sent duvet cover and returned the duvet cover I bought locally. I assumed the duvet cover and sheets were close to the same price. so it wouldnt have really mattered anyway.

A few days ago, the same sheet set and duvet cover were posted on Hautelook where I learned that the duvet cover cost $15 and the sheet set I bought was $79. I called to ask for a refund for the difference, where I was told it was very unlikely (in almost a laughable attitude).

I am really disappointed as Nordstrom is known for their customer service. For something that is originally Hautelook's problem, I expected more.

I will not be shopping with them anymore and will not recommend them to any friends.

Order # 15720792

juls3
8/15/14

Yes, they have good prices. But when add in the shipping charges plus the wait time (on average about a a month or so, why are we paying shipping?), then it just makes more sense to get it somewhere else. You'll get faster (guaranteed) and most likely at the same price after you paid Hautelook shipping + wait time, as most other places no longer charge shipping. When it comes to returns, well, that's a whole different issue on it's own. It takes the FOREVER to credit you the money back. Anyone else I shop with, it takes at most one week and you get your money back. With Huatlook, on average, it takes about one month, if you are lucky, it will take 3 weeks. Ridiculous. I've been deleting emails from them more and more often. Getting very disappointed and irritated with them!

bridgets6
8/4/14

I was a loyal customer with haute look until one of their venders promised my item by a certain date. I didn't receive the item, I called hautelook and proved their vendor made a fake shipping number so it can be in shipping que. once the item is in the shipping que they can't refund. The vendor hasn't shipped the item, I called ups. They just created a dummy number. I expected them to protect their customer but they didn't. Don't purchase from this company. They won't protect you as a consumer from their lying vendors.

janes69
8/1/14

I am so in love with HauteLook. If you understand before ordering that the shipping time can be a little long, then you shouldn't have any surprises. Multiple items in one order will sometimes ship separately, but this is because HauteLook is not a store with a warehouse of merchandise. They communicate with the vendors and sellers to have the sale, then contact them with the orders, so the whole process is a little tedious and time-consuming. I think it is owned by Nordstrom Rack, which explains the great prices on designer items. Personally, I prefer HauteLook to Rack because, even though it isn't the instant gratification of actually going to a store, you have a better (but limited!) selection of items.

arlinj
7/24/14

The worst customer service. I have waited for over a month for a refund for my return and had to contact the company twice. They refuse to send me an email confirmation of my return and just tell me to contact them again within 3-5 business days if the money does not return to my original form of payment. I have gone through this process twice already with the same response. The information on their site is incorrect as well as the information provided and now I have to wait another week to be able to contact them to get my money back, "convenient returns" is an absolute joke.

jackc60
7/22/14

why should I have to sign in to a site to view its contents? This is absolutely the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. I am not going to give you my info, just so you can hassle me with emails, or solicitation over the phone or regular mail.

brittanyn2
7/18/14

I've purchased from Hautelook twice as well! The shipping time is loooooong and they charge you a decent amount for it but other than that I've been satisfied with the products. I would suggest researching the brands and products you are eyeing because a lot of times they have desireable brands with they're least desirable products. I avoid those but there are a few jems and it is definitely worth staying updated on.

allisonm29
7/11/14

"Cheap looking" clothing and shoes/not made well!!!
Return policy sucks!!! If you return your items back to Nordstrom Rack they will NOT give you store credit and they will NOT give you cash back. Even if you received the wrong item in the mail, it doesn't matter because they don't give a S---! They will just say: "oh we will talk to the management team about this issue.......we are so sorry" blah,blah,blah! DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!

staceys11
7/10/14

First purchased a ring. Looked nothing like the photo. Looked like a piece of junk which could have been purchased at the dollar store. Except it would have cost one dollar, not $45.00! Second purchase was a facial scrub brush. It would not open to receive the batteries. After returning it, I was charged for "re-stocking". Haute Look re-stocks damaged products - consumer beware. Third and final purchase (yes, my fact is red). Smitten by art work, I purchased it for $199.00. I was very surprised to discover that I was charged for shipping. The web page states, "Free shipping for purchases over $100.00. Wasted my time speaking with customer service and was given an insulting $15.00 credit. I'm done with Haute Look and so is every one I know.

saiger
6/30/14

The Good: I have to start out with any site that offers up to 75% off products that you would already be paying full price for is worth checking out. One of the most unique things about this site is that they offer sales on products that have prices that are usually universal. If you have ever tried to find a sale on Louis Vuitton it is pretty much impossible, well not on HauteLook.

The Bad: Sounds amazing, doesn’t it? Well just like everything there are some downfalls to consider. Products are on the site for a limited amount of time, and supply can be limited. If you want something and don’t snatch it up right away you could miss out on the opportunity. New items are listed daily at 8AM and the best products have been known to sell out within 24 hours. If you are a diehard shopper I suggest you check out the site daily, this can be a bit of an inconvenience when life gets busy.

Since new brands are added to the site everyday it’s hard to list exactly what you should expect, in the past they have offered Tom Ford, Urban Decay, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, and so much more. Over 50 different brands can be found on the site at any time.

Considering both to up and downfalls of the site I really recommend HauteLook. This is my favorite places to find gifts for family and friends. I get the credit of buying amazing gifts, and my bank account doesn’t have to suffer. I have to say HauteLook makes me a favorite, especially around Christmas time. Last year they offered a great sale on UGGs, made the perfect gift for the teenage girls in my family.

http://www.hautelook.com/invite/RReynolds2508 offers an extra discount

paulao
6/27/14

ordered twice from Hautelook.com. First the purse I ordered was 1/3 of the size they portrayed it to be. Second time I waited 4 weeks for shipping--that they charged me for. Not happy--will not be ordering again. Prices are high-quality it cheap!

cindys35
6/26/14

Their customer service is the worst and I cannot believe Nordstrom's is a part of this site. I ordered a product and after multiple calls to customer service they said that the product was short shipped. Online customer service is worse than calling. They first said my product was shipped and I should file a claim with UPS, then they said I ordered a watch when I really ordered a cigar cutter for my dad. Needless to say it didn't make it for father's day. Over a month and a half later I still don't have the credit for the order they cancelled. I contacted Nordstrom to help since I purchased on their card and they said it was out of their hands. I am so disappointed and angry because I am out money and I don't see them crediting my account. I am sticking with ruelala.com.

gelng
6/16/14

Great customer service. Other than that, not much else great to say. Shipping long. List prices are completely false. Orders often do not arrive because their shipment did not come in.

melanier10
6/13/14

STAY AWAY! At first I loved this site, but after purchasing multiple items, I am disappointed in the absurdly long length of time it takes to often receive an item (sometimes well over a month or more), and on two occasions after waiting at least a month, after being charged for an item immediately, I checked the status only to learn the order was "canceled" due to a "short ship" -- no email, no notification, no refund. When I contacted them, I was told I would receive a refund and a $10 credit. Very frustrating and it happens too often. POORLY RUN SITE.

lindaa28
6/9/14

i purchased shoes and a dress and some jeans. if i
tell you they were designer fake. yes fake exactly look like
but not the real item.

kimo9
5/21/14

I have only purchased from Hautelook twice within the last 2 months. First purchase in march took over a month to arrive and all I ordered was a set of Tarte lipsticks. My second purchase was a set from Whitening Lightening on 4/27 and on the site today it still just says my purchase was ordered. I am soooo mad...NEVER AGAIN.

ashleem3
5/2/14

I literally have nothing but good things to say about Hautelook. I have made 20+ purchases throughout a year or so and have only been disappointed once due to a snag on a sweater I purchased, but I contacted customer service and let them know what had happened- they sent me a return label, I printed it out, shipped it right back to them & had my refund within 2 days. I think all the bad reviews are coming from people who are disappointed in the shipping length. I am not a very patient person myself, but I haven't ever had to complain about the shipping time. It states on their website that shipping lengths will vary due to the fact that the goods are not being shipped directly from the Hautelook warehouse, meaning that they have to wait for companies to ship the goods to them and then after they recieve then, they ship to the consumer. I've gotten so many incredible deals that I honestly didn't even mind having to wait. I give them an A++++++.

saris2
4/30/14

Received rancid tarte lipsticks and glosses, unable to return. Inconsistent sizing although they always state runs true to size. Delivery takes weeks. Will not order again.

monicam19
4/21/14

I've ordered 10 items, spent 400$. They sent me emails saying my shipment was already made and I noticed the money was not discounted from my card. Then I realized that they just blocked my account without notice and they cancelled my order. When I call them all they have to offer was an apology but I was treated like crap and all the items I wanted to purchase were gone. I lost the 3 hours that I spent purchasing in that site for nothing.

aidam1
4/18/14

I ordered 4 pairs of summer wedges , only one arrived one month later. The other three still showing will be on the 16 ( after changing the arrival time two times) still waiting. I'll be returning the ones I got (cheap made) , wait until Tuesday and will cancel everything at the N.rack. I will use Hautelook for "online window shopping" . It's bad that the logistics with the merchants and the shipping process is so poor, because they have the most easy to navigate and shopping cart placement.

mattd23
4/17/14

"FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $100" no asterisk or any type of footnote indicator to suggest exceptions. ANYTHING over 5 lbs doesn't qualify. How is it they can post free shipping without highlighting there are exceptions? They've lost a frequent buyer and so has Nordstrom. If I could attach the screen shot I would.

leeannr1
4/16/14

I ordered a purse on 3/9/14 and as of 4/14/14 it still did not have a shipping date. Contacted them 3 times and they weren't able to give me an idea as to when it was going to be shipped. Cancelled my order yesterday. But I was really surprised when I checked their website this morning and the handbag company was having a sale and the purse I had ordered in March was part of the selection.

nidhit
4/15/14

WORST ONLINE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE EVER. It is nothing but SCAM. I ordered 2 dresses and a necklace on 2/18/14 with estimated shipping around 3/8/214. 2 of the items were delivered on 3/10/2014. The dress and the necklace looked really nice online but in reality they were cheaply made. Anyhow, I was more eagerly waiting for the second dress. After waiting for 2 more weeks, I finally started emailing the costumer service about shipping updates. The representative “Jessica Puente” kept telling me that they have received the order from the third party and will ship it soon. Finally, after several senseless emails, I called them and they told me they were having troubles getting the order from the vendor. TACTFUL LIARS. Finally, I requested for manager and again she was too busy to come on phone. After I told them that I will file a complaint, suddenly the manager was available and she promised me that they have received the order and I will get it soon. SAME B***s**t. After a week waiting, I contacted them again and they simply said “sorry we returned the item as it was damaged”. SERIOUSLY, WHAT THEY THINK CUSTOMERS ARE FOOL AND THEY CAN KEEP OUR MONEY IN THEIR ACCOUNTS FOR MONTHS?????

dianad15
4/15/14

Hautelook is HORRIBLE. STAY AWAY. I thoughth this would be a reputable place to order from given that it is owned by Nordstrom.But it is nothing like Nordstrom. In fact, Nordstrom should not advertise that Hautelook is "Nordstrom Company" because it has nothing in common with Nordstrom. I ordered 3 items on 4/4/14. I finally supposedly received 2 of the items the following week. Not bad I thought until I opened them. The first item was a Rebecca Minkoff bag which sold me on the price. The bag was not bad - just not to my liking. I am a handbag snob. Unfortunately the packing receipt was for a pair of Ben Sherman socks that should have been delievered to someone else so I had to call Customer Care and be on hold for about 1/2 hr so I could get that straightened out so I could retun the item. The second item was a Hello Kiity Ring. I opened the package and it is a SECOND Rebecca Minkoff bag!! However the receipt said it was the Hello Kitty Ring!!!?? I am still waiting for the 3rd item. When I called Cutomer Care they were apologetic and said I could send every thing back..... I though about it and said to myself if they messed up the order -- I am sure they will mess up the return. Fortunaltely, I have a Nordstrom Rack close by so I returned everything there. The sales associate was shocked about what happened, apologized and we got a good laugh out of it. I am a frequent online shopper but I will NEVER shop with Hautelook again!!!

jerit
4/11/14

I love the items - BUT the shipping is impossible! I called after waiting two weeks and I'm still waiting for most of my stuff. I will not be shopping this site until they fix this issue.

joye5
4/10/14

I ordered a ring early this morning & just received an email from Haute.com saying it had been shipped. A tracking # was also provided. So much for the numerous comments on the slow shipping, or maybe I just got lucky!

alexa792
4/10/14

Good deals if you pay attention...not everything is good quality or good price. I do have to agree with other reviews, fulfillment is really poor (yes, I read the fine print). They receive their items from the manufacturer which takes a lot of time and then they ship from their warehouse. It often takes a month or more before you receive your order. Only once did I receive a shipment sooner. So, order for the season ahead! Also, customer service could be a lot better...they just tell you what they need to to get you off the phone. If you're really patient, worth the wait.

sl197
4/9/14

Like many other reviews I thought I would be getting a great deal and prompt service (i.e. Gilt, Ruelala, etc.). After I ordered an item that I could actually buy cheaper directly from manufacturer, they took TWO MONTHS to let me know they were shipping my item. I called several times to get an update as well as ultimately trying to cancel my order to get a refund and was given the runaround. They will keep telling you that the item will ship in a day or two but a lot of the deals they run go through a third party supplier. They do not have contact info for these third parties!

I suggest going through the larger, more efficient deal sites!

micaelag
4/7/14

Horrible. Horrible horrible horrible. Seriously do not waist your time.. I will admit, the deals are amazing, but it's just not worth it. I have had two events take place. The first one, I order and eye shadow palette from their LORAC event. When it finally arrived, I opened the package to the palette shadows being DESTROYED and shattered. And of course the was no refund or returns on that event. The next time I ordered something from them was their Whitening Lightening event. They make you pay $5.95 for shipping but you still have to wait over a month for it to arrive. About four weeks after ordering, the Estimated Delivery date was already over. So I waited another two weeks just to see what would happen. Finally I got fed up and contacted someone about it. The next day they sent me an E-mail saying. They didn't order enough of that product and I would never receive my package. In my opinion, that is unacceptable. I WILL NOT order from Hautelook ever again.