US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

julial13

Their customer service is amazing - I have recieved the wrong items a few times and they return it with no questions. (in 92 reviews)

ft5

7 out of 10 times I order from ideeli I get the wrong item. (in 181 reviews)

jessyw8

So before you order, you should evaluate if you can wait that long for the item. (in 140 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

margareth61
2/9/16

The service is good and the item has a high quality though for he second attempt that I purchase, the products failed as I expected.

paulinec10
2/1/16

This website has some nice merchandise. The ordering process is simple and because I am a Canadian Resident I have come to expect long waits to receive my orders from the USA. However, clothing and footwear don't always fit. The return process from Canada is an absolute nightmare.

This is my most recent experience. I mailed the package on Dec 22nd. It was delivered to the Hautelook warehouse on Dec. 28th in Burlington, ON. I have since contacted Hautelook three times by 'live chat'. The first occasion, I waited a long time but could not get a customer service agent. On Jan 13th, I got lucky. I got connected and the customer service agent was pleasant. She looked up the Landmark Global tracking site and confirmed for me that the package had been received and the return would be processed soon.

Today, I contacted Hautelook for the 3rd time. I was told by a customer service person named Kameron that the returned merchandise had not be received yet according to the Canada Post website. (That's another complaint for another day). According to Canada Post tracking, the package has been out for delivery since December 28th. Out of concern that the package might have gotten lost, I contacted Canada Post before my first 2 attempts to clarify the situation with Hautelook. Both Canada Post and the previous Hautelook cs person verified that the package had been delivered to the Burlington warehouse.

After repeating this info a couple of times, Kameron finally decided to check the Landmark Global site which confirmed what I have been told. When I asked when I could expect my refund, Kameron told me there would be an update in 3-5 days. I advised her earlier in the conversation that my entire file (orders and returns) have disappeared on the website. This "update", if available in 3-5 days, would be obtained how?! When I again asked how long it would take to get a refund there was no response for many minutes. I ended the chat and have resolved to shop online elsewhere in the future.

ericad17
1/21/16

I order from Nordstrom Rack all the time. Their orders ship within 3 days always. I tried HAUTELOOK, even though shipping takes up to 3 weeks. It was a great deal after all. I called after 3 weeks and was told one item was just marked shipped and the other would take another week. I received the first Love Token item and really love the quality of it. I'm disappointed to find out after my next follow up that the second half of the order will never come. They didn't have enough to fill the orders. Instead of notifying me and returning my money quickly, they did nothing. No notification email or phone call. I had to follow up. I'm not sure I would order from HauteLook again. If I do, I won't hold my breath waiting for the delivery. If it's a good deal and I'm not counting on needing the item perhaps. I hope they get it together. They need someone who will crack the whip and run a tight ship...otherwise it's gonna sink.

mariam219
1/19/16

I wish I would've read reviews about HauteLook before attempting to order some Christmas gifts for my sister on the site. The items were supposed to arrive before the holidays - they did not. So I called and the customer service rep told me they would arrive before New Years - they did not. So I called again and the customer service rep told me they did not have enough inventory to fulfill the order so they were going to cancel the order and refund my money - fine.

I thought I was done with the ordeal, but then two weeks later I received a shipping notification for the items! So I called and the customer service rep told me it was a mistake and they had just printed a shipping label but had caught the error - they did not. A few days later, I received the items I had ordered over 6 weeks ago. So I called again and was told that I did not need to return the items and would not be charged for the items, I could just keep them for my troubles - fine.

THEN! I receive an email stating that I've agreed to be charged for the items - I DID NOT! I'm still in the process of trying to get a customer service agent with enough authority to actually know what's going on and tell me what to do with these items. I don't believe I should have to worry about returning or reshipping items that no longer need and did not mean to order.

The customer service department is a mess and no one seems to know what's going on. I'm so dissatisfied with the experience, not at all what I would expect from a company owned by Nordstroms. So I'll say it one more time - DO NOT SHOP HERE

vivl1
1/19/16

No bad experience here, the online process was smooth and deliver. Thanks.

jg70
1/8/16

Can't believe Nordstrom (Nordstrom Rack) is associated with HauteLook. Bad experience in regards to item fulfillment and shipping. I had always thought Nordstrom provided stellar service, but no longer. Could the reason be because of Nordstrom Rack's association with Hautelook? After reading the reviews online, regarding HauteLook, I believe it's very possible. But, perhaps, Nordstrom deserves to share some of the blame.

anniee6
1/3/16

I ordered a jacket from them 2 months ago and I should have received it a month ago. I called them to find out where my purchase was and they told informed me they didn't receive enough of the item from the brand for the amount of orders they received. Even though they charged my card for the item and shipping and failed to contact me to inform me on that information once they had found out. I would have never been refunded if I had't called to complain...

desireef
1/1/16

I should've read the reviews before making my purchase. I purchased 3 items from their website 4 weeks ago. Aparantly items are shipped "within" 2-3 weeks. My items still show that they haven't been shipped and by the looks of it, I'll be waiting a few more weeks. I understand the holidays were busy but come on! I will never order from them again! Seems like they're quick to take your money but not quick to send you the items you purchased. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!!

susanm171
12/24/15

Altough my order was cancelled, HauteLook is working diligently to fulfill my order. Thank you.

judyh36
12/20/15

I've been shopping on Hautelook for about a year. I got many good deals throughout and the delivery times and customer service was fine. Here or there I had a couple of issues regarding the shipping fee.
For example I would order an item below $100 and be charged the shipping fee. Couple of days later I'd place a larger amount order qualifying me for a free shipping. I started noticing that Hautelook often sent these orders in one package, which made me realize that I shouldn't be paying for the shipping fee and I confronted them about it. At 95% my complaint was heard and they reimbursed me. It's about the principle. Once I came across a unforthcoming agent who just couldnt see my point, but I just wouldnt let it go and I was reimbursed again, but she also told me not to count on this in future.
Well in October, I guess my "luck" run out. I've ordered some cooking dishes (for Thanksgiving) and the delivery was supposed to be shipped within 2-3 weeks from order date. They already had another event take place with the same items (some of the deals go in circles, till the inventory is sold out, I guess) and my order wasn't shipped. I had to cancel in the middle of December, as I got tired waiting and contacting their customer service.
Their customer service is either excellent or very bad. Many times I'd be waiting for their chat service for about 30-50 minutes, be in position nr.1 and the service would disconnect and I am adviced to contact them by email or phone. It would take 2 cycles like these to be admitted for a chat. I usually then call them and put myself on a call back service. This always works, but be prepared to wait about an hour.
My very last experience that made me finally stop shopping there was a great deal on a designer handbag. I was between the first ones to purchase this item (I looked at some details and an hour later the last bag was still on hold). I recieved a shipping email about a different order, but looking at the order page a saw that the handbag was also part of this parcel being shipped. I was very happy and looking forward this purse. I even changed my UPS delivery to pick up in person at UPS location of choice. After ordering the box in the car there was no purse, the dress I ordered wasnt packed in protecting foil (as usually they are). The shipping box was way too small to even include a handbag, but guess what, the item was included on the invoice slipped in the box!!! I contacted Hautelook straightaway and the agent told me (after waiting on the phone for 25min) that the purse is no longer available. I have insisted to have the purse shipped to me, so finally she placed a re-ship request with their warehouse and promised to contact me about the outcome in about a week. I took many pictures and even sent a complaint email. A week later I still recieved no follow up. The next day I went on the chat, only to be 2x thrown out being at #1 spot, waiting for 2 h total, I gave it another go and I got through. Long story short, I got Hautelook to refund me the bag (as the agent suggested to follow up with her colleague and letting me know), because I had no intention waiting any longer for what I suspected was a caseless hope to recieve this item.

I would recommend this site 50/50, if you're lucky to grab a great deal and it gets delivered rejoice
;-), but after my experiences I'm going to stay away as there is a good chance, that you'll be parted with your money for weeks or month(s) and at the end you'll never recieve the items due to overbooking. I was one of the lucky ones that refund was never an issue.

lisal139
12/17/15

All the positive reviews on this site is from Hautelook workers trying to do damage control. Hautelook overall has bad customer service as well as bad employee relations. This company either needs to shut down or change their policies.

SO TO THE EMPLOYEES AT HAUTELOOK, STOP MAKING FAKE REVIEWS AND ACTUALLY PUT YOUR MINDS TOGETHER TO BRING CHANGE IN HAUTELLOK POLICIES!!!

carlaa6
12/14/15

They used to have awesome customer service now you wait on hold forever and the people on the phone are useless. I've returned a few items and I've had to call them every time to get my money back!!! I used to shop a lot on Hautelook and sadly I won't be anymore, I can't trust them...

kellym127
12/11/15

SO after several more hours of trying to get through on the live chat only to be cut off once I asked a single question, I finally got through on the phone( after a 65 minute wait). Spoke with Kirkland who explained that the fulfillment center was having "some difficulties "she spoke with her supervisor and they agreed that she would prioritize my orders so that I would get them by Christmas. She guaranteed they would get here in time . It is now 12/23 and there is no shipping information on the website and I don't have my items, some of which were ordered Nov.3. They just lied to me. This site is just taking money and not delivering anything. AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE! Unless you like donating your money to large corporations.

New update after multiple more chats and phone calls, always being disconnected I finally got to a rep who said they oversold so I wouldn't be getting any of the pants I ordered. I spoke with a supervisor who said he would reac out to the rep and call me. After another week ( its now been 21/2 months since I ordered te pants) I noticed the order had been canceled. I contacted Micah and he said they couldn't do anything as they sold more than were available. Although I was one of the first to order , mu order was not fulfilled, not a single pair of the 3 pairs I ordered and paid for. I did get a refund, and $10 credit for my "inconvenience". ( even though they had another event wit the same vendor. They couldn't explain why the order couldn't be filled if they had more inventory available.) I called their legal department but I was told someone would call me back. That has not happened. DO NOT USE THIS SITE. Try Rue LA LA or Ideeli they may be better

sarahb173
12/8/15

I love haute look. I am a very loyal customer and have been shopping with them for the last couple years or so. The only issue I've had ( after at least 20 orders this is the first issue to come up) was not getting an item I ordered for a trip in the estimated shipment date. I called customer service the week after it should have been delivered and not only were they extremely helpful and understanding, but they went above and beyond what most companies would do. The representative gave me her name and email address and she was going to investigate why my item had not arrived. I explained to her I ordered this item for an upcoming trip and I really needed it by a certain date or I would have to cancel the order. She updated me a couple days later through email and apologized about the delay. I decided to cancel the order but thanked haute look for the stellar customer service. I was refunded the full amount of the item no questions asked( despite it being a very expensive purchase). They also credited my account with a $30 for the inconvenience and understanding. I could not have been happier with the customer service representative. I've recently dealt with other online discount companies that are polar opposite of haute look when it comes to customer service and assistance with returns and what not and I will NEVER AGAIN order anything from that other company again due to poor customer service policies and communication skills. Making a customer happy like haute look is really how you keep loyal customers coming back!

lesliet25
11/26/15

I spent thousands of dollars with them online because I was unable to shop in stores for a medical condition. I also had to return a lot of items to the nearby NR /HL store as well as cancel a lot of items over around a year and a half. When I began to inquire about where my refund was for X order or that cancellation, they changed their tune. I could get no assistance from ANYONE at their call center. I had asked to speak with finance, supervisors, managers etc. No response. In fact , the day I thought I was getting a call from the center manager, I instead got a letter saying I had merchandise I had not paid for, I had declined help to resolve the disputes( wtf?) and they owed me nothing more, then proceeded to wipe out my online account info and access to it. I still had orders due to come in that I had already paid for. They also stopped a delivery of thousands of dollars of stuff I had already paid for and had UPS return it to them. They then lied on the manifest notes saying" customer refused delivery". I was not home at the normal time the UPS man comes.. I had to sign for the pkg. I am now in the process of adding up everything and submitting to my banks involved. I can only dispute charges from memory and some back up on my laptop. Any suggestions from anyone other than to hire an attorney to go after the money?

lynnc59
11/20/15

I have been on hold for almost an hour. Last time I will ever order from Haute and I'm going to tell all my friends family and customers about my horrible experience

marko198
11/13/15

I made the mistake of ordering a Divani Casa Rixton Sofa Bed from Hautelook. When it did finally arrive ( after 3 weeks ) I had to go pick it up because UPS would allow me to unload it off their truck (?!) when they showed up sometime within a 4 HOUR window. They told me I had to unload a UPS truck?UPS offered to leave it in my apartment hallway for $215! Thanks : /
So that is how my purchase started but it got worse when I finally got the sofa unboxed what I saw for my $1500 I spent was a complete joke of a sofa. I mean the construction looked like maybe a $300 couch at best.And it is so uncomfortable to sit on its almost unusable. I called Hautelook and talked to a few people that seemed genuinely concerned and helpful but they kept saying they would have someone from customer service contact me. THIS NEVER HAPPENS!

I did some digging and found out who sent my this POS sofa. They are VIG FURNITURE in Los Angeles CA. So I called there and was told they didn't know who Hautelook was and Hautelook received my money so I should talk to them! So basically I feel I am just dealing with a huge den of thieves at this point. I am out my $1500 because I trusted Hautelook and the pictures they posted showing this sofa. I had ordered clothes from Hautlook before and that was OK but this purchase is a royal scamjob.
So to sum this rant up:
1) HAUTELOOK DOES NOT CLEARLY STATE HOW HORRIBLE AND EXPENSIVE SHIPPING WILL BE ON LARGE FURNITURE ITEMS ON THEIR WEBSITE
2) HAUTELOOK DOES NOT DEAL WITH ANY REFUNDS REGARDING SUBSTANDARD CONSTRUCTION FURNITURE EVEN THOUGH THEY WILL INITIALLY GIVE A RESPONSE THAT THEY WILL
3) HAUTELOOK REPRESENTS MANUFACTURERS AND DISTRIBUTORS THAT CONDUCT THEMSELVES IN WAYS THAT LEAVE THE CONSUMER WITH PRODUCTS THAT DO NOT MATCH WHAT HAUTELOOK ADVERTISED THE PRODUCT TO BE. AND SOMETIMES FOR MUCH MORE MONEY THAN THE PRODUCT IS WORTH.

SO I am done with this company. I did see Nordstroms is struggling financially so its nice to think they will get whats coming to them.

gracen13
11/12/15

First and last time shopping at Nordstrom. Yes the exchange rate was pretty bad. But i decided to go for it because I had been eyeing the dress that finally had my size available. It was advertised $40 USD, but after shipping and conversion it came out to $80 CAD. I should have stopped right there. I received the parcel fine. But decided to return it since it didn't fit at all and would take a lot of tailoring. After returning the parcel, it took nearly a month after the shipping tracking number informed that they had received my return until I was refunded. After the mandatory $10 fee for returns and the conversion rate, I was only refunded $35 CAD. NEVER AGAIN.

merryl5
11/3/15

I don't even know what to say except you probably won't receive what you order.

After not getting my order. I sat on hold for 1 hour for them to finally tell me my order wasn't coming. But they hadn't refunded my money because you pay up front not when items ship like every other company.

I won't order again

saundral1
10/11/15

I ordered a pair of boots, they were not shipped as promised and they sent the wrong size. I called, straightened it out and was assured shipping would be quicker. That was 5 days ago and no tracking info yet. Wish I would have read these reviews first.

carolinem23
9/23/15

Bought a nice pair of boots and a gorgeous scarf for fall! Shipping was on time, quality is excellent, and the prices are literally unbeatable.

elenis1
8/21/15

I order (ed) from here a lot, & for years.
at first it was great. good quality & good prices. For the last year id say every other order has been the wrong one. Then I'm the one that has
to
do all the work to return it. to ad insult
to injury they have a department called the 'fulfillment center'! give me a break. never again. for sure this time.

kellym104
8/7/15

Once again they sent me the wrong thing. I ordered a pair of pants in black and one in powder blue and they sent me two pairs of the black paints. The pants were pulled from the store, came on hangers with the store tags and one of the black pants was tagged blue! No one could see they were both the same thing? If it's not incorrect orders its inventory issues where the the stock is unavailable and you find out after waiting 3 months for your order. I am done with them. They have gotten worse over the years. It's not worth it. They also like to send clothes with security tags on them as well. Talk about a headache. I will pay full price or go to the store to buy directly.

heatherb65
6/23/15

I have been a HauteLook customer for years. I used to be able to get a lot of cute things in the past, with a few screw-ups along the way (wrong color or completely different item) But recently, I have noticed a lot more of these screw-ups. I ordered some makeup from the Mirenesse sale, and ordered 3 different shades of eyeshadow, and got 3 of the same color. Then I ordered some plain black pants and got some goofy looking circus print ones instead. Thankfully I was able to take the pants back to Nordstrom rack, feeling a bit stupid trying to return a completely different item than what was on the receipt... but the girl told me it happens 'all the time'... And unfortunately the makeup was a final sale, so I got screwed there.
And lately, the styles of clothing on these sales is just meh. I can't find anything I like anymore. Everything seems so ugly. Oh, and those Bucco shoes they keep selling are pure crap! They fall apart first time you wear them, ugh.

jayc83
6/12/15

Ordered from the Black Orchid sale online June 2nd 2015. Made my purchase within 5 min of the start of sale. When my item never shipped they said that there was an inventory shortage (after calling them 5 times asking why my item hadn't shipped) and those that ordered first would get their item. Pretty sure I was in the top list, but whatever. Missed another sale on the same item cause I bought from Hautelook. They offered a $10 credit which is nothing compared to what I would have saved had I bought from the other site. Don't buy anything on here that you really want. Cause you might not get it and they end up holding your money for weeks.

williamw71
6/5/15

The selection is tailored to the audience, mostly, but many of these deals are available elsewhere. The watch deals are particularly disappointing, not to mention a waste of my time to check them out. Those deals are readily available on Overstock ... hence the title of this review.

jessyw8
5/18/15

So for Hautelook, they have authentic merchandise. They have two types of sales, the ones they already have merchandises in warehouse; the other ones, they don't. So if you bought from the event they already have merchandises in their own warehouse, it will be shipped within 2 days. They have UPS 2 days shipping so you will get what you ordered within a week.
But if it is the event they coordinate with other warehouses (it will say before you order), it will take more than 2 weeks for you to get what you ordered.
So before you order, you should evaluate if you can wait that long for the item. Actually, if it says 2 weeks-3 weeks, give it at least a month. (Its better to be surprised than disappointed.)
If you can wait a month for that item, the order it, there won't be any surprises, if not.... Ummmm maybe find it at some other site would be a better choice.

ambere8
5/9/15

I ordered a pair of shoes that I have wanted for a long time and they sent me the wrong ones! The worst part is they cannot send the correct ones because they sold out!! Then I still have to return the wrong ones!! I will not be back!

is2855
5/5/15

Of course they don't reply to SiteJabber. Absolutely awful customer service. They charge at point of sale and it could be a very long time before you receive your purchase. And pray that you receive what your ordered and in good condition otherwise you are really in for a battle. There are too many sites with better selection, prices and above all customer care. I would not buy anything from this site again.

Tip for consumers: Don't shop here

dipikap
4/25/15

Please stay away from this horrible site. I bought a ring and was send a wrong one. When i reached out they were ofcorse out of stock blah blah and offered me 20% off if i decided to keep it. which i did coz i hate returns as i work in customer service too. then 2 weeks later same ring came back so this time before i ordered i messaged them again and they reassured that this is the right one. ofcorse those idiots send me the wrong item again. and when i reached out this time the idiots tell me i can keep this wrong ring for 30%off. wow the stupidity of hautelook is beyond me. they false advertise and instead of helping customers they still try to make the sale so we don't return.

danil33
4/13/15

HauteLook is a pretty decent site. I've ordered a pair of Keds for an extremely low price plus, they were promptly shipped to my house. I occasionally look through their site to see if anything catches my eye but usually it's just repeats from a couple weeks ago. For example, Jessica Simpson hair extensions are almost always for sale. I wish it wasn't selective rather, like an online department store.

shanc5
4/8/15

Do not buy anything from this site. I ordered a wheatgrass planter and found one similar only 5 times cheaper in local store. I contacted haute look to cancel my order as it is not shipped from them to me yet. They refuse to cancel and refund. Stating their policy is I can cancel only if it is within two hours of ordering, after that no return or canceling. So they are shipping me a product knowing I no longer wants them.

What a horrible service and policy!,,

stephaniec28
4/2/15

Whoever designed and maintains this website is completely incompetent.... it's the worst ever. I finally gave up trying to use this site because it's so frustrating and the DON'T care. I and apparently many others have told them about all the problems loading and navigating this website and nothing has been done. Too bad because some of their stuff is really nice, but it's not worth it. Goodbye Hautelook - I will "look" elsewhere for designer bargains.

Tip for consumers: Don't go there unless you like abuse.

angies20
3/12/15

Their site is difficult to navigate if you are looking for a specific item. I went there looking for just a basic black boot but good luck searching their site. Their categories are organized by events that end every day so even after I managed to dig through all their oddly named and not entirely descriptive categories, by the time I came back the next day to order the items I had picked out the "events" were over and I was unable to purchase my items. Less than 24 hours and I can't have them? WTH?! No search engine, oddly named categories that group all kinds of items you don't want to dig through (like seeking shoes but being forced to dig through dresses and accessories), no way to narrow down a search, a constantly moving timer, and department store sky high prices? No thanks!

kp35
3/5/15

I've been a hautelook customer for years! I liked how their site seems to offer the same items I would see in other sites for a much much lower price. So I always go to their site first. I agree with other reviewers that the service degraded to a record low when nordstrom took over. Returns and even shipping are harder to track. You order might say it's still in transit when in reality you already received it. What takes the cake for me is when I ordered some NYX items and ended up receiving a pair of ugly boots. I called it in and they gave me a shipping label to return the items back in January31st. They received the items Feb13th. It's now March5th and still no sign of any refund. I've followed up constantly to no avail.

HAUTELOOK NEEDS TO CLOSE DOWN AS A BUSINESS.

debin
2/12/15

Love all of there product lines and prices. Wonderful customer service!

rc54
2/7/15

It's amazing how little they care about customer loyalty/satisfaction. After multiple purchases over several years with very few complaints (minus the snails pace shipping) I have been burned beyond forgiveness. Placed an order this week, immediately realized the second I pressed "complete order" that my shipping address didn't update with my billing address. Immediately called customer service, put on hold, was told if I input my number they would call me when I was at the front of the line. Lo and behold no call back. Called next morning- too late to change address, wait until you receive shipping notification, call again and they'll have UPS reroute in transit. Call AGAIN, with shipping notification in hand. Oh too bad, we shipped it with USPS- you're out of luck. NOT a single apology throughout, no offer to help or refund, despite the fact that they are shipping a box cross country from where I currently live. And no option at any time to cancel my order- is that even legal???? Companies like this are why I pay for AMex, I am reporting this and will have my credit card company dispute all charges. In the meantime, I'll be telling everyone I know to stay far away- if it seems too good to be true it is. To add insult to injury, the tracking number I recieved doesn't even work! So now I can't even see if whoever does end up with my package bothers to return to sender! The next time I shop with Hautelook will be their liquidation sale.

Tip for consumers: Use Gilt instead.

tessk
2/4/15

I couldn't even place an order through HauteLook, that's how bad this site is.

I have looked at their sales on the occasion, but since it's $100 for free shipping, and shipping is an outrageous fee, I have never pulled the trigger. But today I found a dress and a few smaller items that I wanted to buy, and I met the free shipping requirement. So I placed everything in my cart, added my address and credit card information, and....I could not place my order. I hit the button and nothing happened. I didn't want to place the order more than once so I contacted the customer service through the online chat. Well, the rep Kelsey told me to exit out, delete my browsing history, and cookies, and try again. I did, and nothing. So she told me to try another browser, and I did, and still nothing. She told me I had to close out and try again, same steps. The site was not having a problem it was my device. So I tried another computer, and the same issues occurred, it just spun on the page. She then said I had to try it on my phone, which outraged me because I prefer to not shop on my phone. And I did it, but it still did not work. And she insisted it was my error.

I then looked at my bank account, and I had NUMEROUS pending charges tying my money up, all because the rep insisted I keep trying numerous browsers. I then tried to call my bank to have the transactions cleared.

The reps had no concern, they were insisting it was my error and my credit card was not valid, and yet, when I logged onto my bank, I had numerous transactions pending from HauteLook. And they said they couldn't do anything to clear those pending balances out.

Needless to say, I never placed my order, nor will I. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Not worth a sale.

lindas131
2/2/15

I have shopped this site years before the Nordstrom take over. The service and merchandise has dropped severely. I actually receive 1 correct order out of 5. The customer service reps are so sweet that it is annoying because you know they aren't able to do much more than answer the phone. I have yelled screamed and cried dealing with the many errors. It is like dealing with a bunch of 11th graders. They think they know everything....NOT! They won't listen to you but continue to take your mom. This is beyond frustrating. If you live in the LA area and would like to file a class action law suit or other action please contact me Linda at battgurl90008@yahoo.com.

lj44
1/20/15

I ordered an "Agate Dagger Necklace" This is what was written on everything except what I received "Crystal Cage Pendant Necklace" They are only alike in the fact that they are worn on a neck. This looks so cheap and horrible. Now I have to find a Nordstrom Rack to return it because it would cost me 5.95 (US) to send it back!

I took a gamble on this site because I really liked the necklace that I ordered--unfortunately that's not what they sent me. Now neither of these necklaces are on their site or the site of the wholesaler who supposedly makes it!

This is not a good business. I am so disappointed. So much for trying to treat myself to a nice birthday gift.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site. My experience can only lead me to believe they engage in bait and switch tactics.

kevink52
1/5/15

I ordered a $400 picture on 10/14/14 and have yet to receive the picture. I've called haute look over 25 times and have been told everything from the item will be delivered today to you will receive a refund in 3 to 5 business days on numerous occasions. I have been flat out lied to on numerous occasions and have continually been told I will be contacted in the next 24 to 48 hours with a status. By far the worst consumer experience I have had in almost 40 years.

laurenm27
12/14/14

2 orders in 3 months, TWO major screw ups. Seems they deal with many overseas vendors who are irreputable nd once they take your money you are at the mercy of other people. Deliveries not on time, held up for unknown reasons with no firm dates, merchandise coming in damaged, customer service people who are sweet as can be with no power or authority to really help of give refunds or answers. Done with this company and they can stick their 10% discount they offered where the sun dont shine, Go to Joss and main or a million other similar websites

livinoutl
11/30/14

This place is amazing. They have home furnishings, women's clothing, men's clothing, great deals on beautiful jewelry, holiday gifts, organizational pieces and more..also Nordstrom Rack shopping. The reason I didn't give them 5 stars is because the shoes they sell (their own line too, Sole Addiction), doesn't have wide shoes often. Sole Addiction not at all. They are middlemen so the merchandise is drop shipped from elsewhere. So it takes from two weeks to 3 or more to arrive at your house. This is the trade off for being so inexpensive!! I have purchased many many times from them, and it's never taken longer than that. They have a great return policy. Just call or return to Nordstrom Rack. Don't let anyone tell u different. )). I bought a brand necklace for hundreds less, half the price, iPhone charger for $70, when the stores sell them for $100, and so much more..the foreign material, like skirts, might have strong smell, I'd steer clear..I buy throughout the year, and save merchandise for bday and Holiday gifts. Hello Kitty's there frequently. I have 2 nieces that love that. Hsppy blessed Holidays...enjoy

Tip for consumers: It's pretty much in my review. But you can look at their site days earlier to see what sales are coming up. And if they have makeup, I know it's owned my Nordstrom so it's gonna be good stuff and inexpensive!

melissag25
11/25/14

I have ordered a number of times from them and have finally learned my lesson. 1) Their promised delivery time is grossly inaccurate. It takes two to even three months to ship an item to you, not to mentioned multiple delays. They do not tell you if shipping has been delayed. You have to contact them to find out. 2) More than one occasion I ordered something and they did not include it in my package. Only to have me find out they made some stupid mistake and never included in my order (but charged me for it). 3) The site is very vague in describing items - like dimension of purses, length of necklace, or sizes for different brands of clothes.

I do give them that they take returns back at the store no problem. Luckily I live near a Nordstrom Rack that is really good with returns (like all Nordstorms). Have not experienced a mailed in return yet.

After waiting for some T-shirts that I ordered for my son and have them delayed shipping for 4 weeks, only to open the package to find 3 of the 4 shirts "missing" (apparently I ordered it but the "system" made a mistake and did not included in my order, but conveniently charged me for it!....) I will never shop with them again!!!!!

Tip for consumers: DON"T SHOP WITH THEM!

ch10555
11/21/14

I totally agree with all the one star reviews. I have had more orders cancelled than I received. And they don't notify me it's cancelled. I have to keep calling to find out where the items is, as it's really late in arriving. I spend so much tome dealing with them, it's not worth it!, ordered a $300 ring and it wasNot the ring I bought...lacked the 1 carat diamond that they said it had. Tonight's experience with Yet another item, left me so disappointed with Nordstrom. I can't believe they stay in business don't waste your time,

Tip for consumers: Stay away!,

cm64
11/21/14

First things first I shop online ALOT and Hautelook has got to be by far the worst shopping experience I have ever had! As a matter of fact this is the first negative review I think I have ever written. That's not to say that I have never been a little let down or frustrated with a purchase before just not to the point of taking the actual time to write a review. However my experience with Hautelook was so unbelievable awful I believe it warrants warning others. I purchased a pair of Muk Luk boots on Oct. 19th promptly paid, received my order confirmation and went on thinking everything was all and well like any other online purchase would have been. After almost 2 weeks had passed and I still had not received shipping info I began to grow concerned so I called customer service. I was assured that everything with the order was fine, they were waiting for the company to send the items to them and I would receive shipping notification soon. Another week and a half passes with no shipping notification. At this point I had already ordered other items elsewhere to compliment my purchase so I send an email. I am then told that the item was there and marked as picked in their system and would be shipping no later than within 72hrs. Another week goes by and no shipping info. Emailed them again and was told the item was due to ship and they would follow up on Tues personally. Well now it's Friday and no shipping or follow up so I emailed them again and was told.."oops we didn't have enough of the item so you will get a refund"...ya right. Save your time, money and sanity and shop elsewhere these people are complete HACKS!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Get ready to want to bash your head against a wall ...

bevl1
11/18/14

Very very poor quality items. First 2 dresses I ordered look like they came from a cheap designer knock off store- one was even missing the brand tag so no idea if it was even the brand I ordered. My second order was a jacket that was extrememly nice in the photo- what i was sent had huge clunky rhinestones and studs and big plastic gold buttons- the fabric was cheap and it was poorly made. The 3rd was a handbag that looked like it came of one of the cheap kiosks with designer knock offs you see in malls- horrible. This one they tell me cant be refunded because it was a blowout sale. I'm sending it back anyway and they can decide what to do with it- I would be embarrassed to carry it. (its a Lola Bernard by the way- nice photo- horrible handbag, cheaply made, cheap looking) I'm done with this company.

ft5
11/14/14

I've shopped this site for a long time. I've seen them grow from having one sale a day to a site now acquired by big box retailer Nordstroms. I am giving them five stars because compared to some of my other sample site experiences they really are great.

Cons:

-slow shipping times. On average, I wait just a tiny bit longer for things from hautelook. They are clear about this upfront spit doesn't make me upset but I would never purchase from here for an event or gift that was time sensitive.
-some items I receive have seemed like customer returns or have been defective. This is only something I noticed after Nordstroms came on the scene. Prior to that-this never happened.

Pros:

-customer service is wonderful. In the times that I have contacted them regading defective items--I was able to return them for free. Do not worry- they will work with you on this. Others sites- like Ideeli are horrific to deal with.
-I rarely received the wrong item . It has happened once.
-the prices are good compared to gilt. I sometimes find a lower price on ideeli-but it's a crapshoot ordering from them. 7 out of 10 times I order from ideeli I get the wrong item.

I would definitely recommend them.

rachellef
11/13/14

I was introduced to the site by a friend who had great service and never an issue with her orders. That is the only reason I actually tried the site as i do not feel comfortable ordering online clothes. I am very happy with what I have ordered, the service I received when I had questions. I think you have to be careful and make sure you understand the brands you buy - the items you want - the size charts offered. You take a chance always buying on line since you can not touch or feel. I think this is a great site and will continue to shop....cautiously.

tc44
11/6/14

First order placed never shipped for they ran out of product even though I purchased and paid for them. After 30 days they finally canceled the order. Next order I received a size 6 shoes in a size 8 shoe box.  Size 8 is what I ordered. Can't reorder the size 8 again because of the lack of availability. Tip: don't get excited about a pair of shoes ordered until you actually have them in your hands.  Also, hautelook says every shoe "fits true to size" which is not the case. Some size 8 boots fit bigger than others.  Very surprised since this is a Nordstrom's company.

Tip for consumers: Tip: don't get excited about a pair of shoes ordered until you actually have them in your hands.  Also, hautelook says every shoe "fits true to size" which is not the case. Some size 8 boots fit bigger than others.

8 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the HauteLook staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1/5/16
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Answer
marko198
A: Good luck with dealing with Hautelook. Look up there customer care number on line
Helpful answer