US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

julial13

Their customer service is amazing - I have recieved the wrong items a few times and they return it with no questions. (in 100 reviews)

susanm171

Altough my order was cancelled, HauteLook is working diligently to fulfill my order. (in 197 reviews)

kyliev2

I also love that I can return anything I buy from their site to Nordstrom Rack. (in 15 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

susanc174
4/28/16

First I got my order messed up. waiting 1.5 months for it to stay in "Processing." Called and they cancelled my order saying that they didnt have anymore in stock, and some reason the computer system did not stop me. They gave me 30$ credit for the inconvenience and told me it will not expire and it will apply to my next order. the person did not put it into my account, I waited and have to call back another time to get them to put it in. I tried placing another order today, and my $30 credit is gone. I looked into my account and it said it expired. I did a chat with a rep and they said they cannot give it to me and he made it seem i was stupid saying that I should have looked at my account which says an expiration date. I told him that i do not check my account for something that i did not expect to see (in this case, an expiration date) and he said he cant reissue it but he can refund me shipping if i order. So i said if you could refund me shipping, then you could refund me $30 instead. But no, he said there is no such thing as couresy credit anymore. I call BS. I cancelled my account with Hautelook. Rather save my money on more reliable companies that doesnt lie and actually ships out the stuff you pay for.

alig14
4/19/16

Hautelook has some really high quality merchandise at low prices. I have ordered a couple of times and not received the items because they don't get the full order -- however, on those rare occasions, they have given me a credit to use towards future orders. It hasn't happened often, so overall I am very pleased with getting some of the same items that I have seen on Nordstrom a few months later at a substantial discount.

jayd210
4/14/16

A wrist watch I bought on there broke within a year. But they only can do returns for 90 days. I don't want to return. I want a functioning wrist watch. Nothing was done about it

rachaelg2
4/10/16

Sometimes you can find good deals, but 75% (3 out of 4) of my orders have either arrived with missing items or one a pair of sandals that broke after being worn 5 times. I will say that their customer service has been very good every time. This most recent order was just the last straw because I can't be running to Nordstrom Rack (which is not even in my city) to return stuff all the time.

kyliev2
4/5/16

I've never had an issue with Hautelook and receive things in a timely manner. I also love that I can return anything I buy from their site to Nordstrom Rack.

nicoleg53
3/21/16

Waited almost 3 weeks for my home décor items. After following up with the Hautelook customer service (after no notice from them) twice, only half of my order arrived. After 2 weeks of chasing Hautelook for the remaining portion of my order I was advised the goods will NOT be delivered since they were overcommitted from the vendor and I would not be receiving my goods. I am still waiting on my card to be refunded - who knows how long that will take..

Safe to say I will NEVER be ordering from Hautelook again.

cecec2
3/14/16

I've been using Hautelook since 2010 and I have to say that the quality of products and prices used to be much much better. You can still find some fashionable steals, just not as great and economic as they use to be. I find their customer service great! I've never had problems with returns and refunds, but I have to say they are rather slow on the shipping and delivery department. I have been compensated for delayed deliveries several times, but I also had to cancel orders quite a few times because of delays.

shiorih
3/8/16

I had been waiting for my orders for over a month. then they cancelled my order because they selled more than they got. In this morning, 20 items were cancelled. They are from different orders in Jan. one of them is the earliest one I purchased. the staff had no rule to distribute their orders. I got some from the latter purchase. but my earlise order was not shipped at all.
I have never seen this kind of website before.

emilyg46
3/2/16

I ordered two items from the HauteLook sale. The order confirmation informed me it would take 2-3 weeks for my items to ship. After waiting over a 4.5 weeks and not receiving any type of communication from HauteLook or Nordstrom Rack, I sent an email inquiring about the state of my order. Only then was I informed that they were unable to fulfill any of my order. They refunded the money for the order back to my account and gave me a $20 credit to use on my next purchase. This attempt at customer service was certainly "too little too late." In my opinion, it is a very poor business model to not have exact knowledge of how many items are available before a sale begins. I will not be shopping at HauteLook or Nordstrom Rack in the future.

krystalb7
2/28/16

I ordered my 2 item on Jan 20....still waiting to receive them. It said it would ship in 2 -3 weeks and when it didn't come, I contacted customer service.. They said it would ship out the next business day....it didn't ship out until 5 days later. That was last week Monday.... And I still haven't received my order!!! It didn't even ship until a MONTH after I ordered it!!! WTH!! I'm in Canada so I understand that shipping takes a lot longer but I order several item from a similar company in the same city....and I got those items in 2 weeks!!! I didn't even ask for express shipping!! I wish I had read the reviews before buying. Save your money and just buy it straight from the source.

amyv14
2/19/16

I wish I would have read reviews before placing an order. The deals they have on products we love is just completely not worth the wait or the bad customer service! I would rather pay full price on these items and receive them within a week! I placed two orders one on 1/19 the other on 1/20 lol I just received my Morphe order yesterday and my palette was broken! There was no "handle with care" sticker on the box so assume UPS man handled my box and ruined my palette. My theBalm products still have not shipped and I am worried I will receive them in the same condition. I have not heard back from Hautelook yet. If you are considering making a purchase off this website...don't do it!! Unless you are willing to wait a whole month or more and have some of your products damaged be my guest.

natalieh30
2/17/16

I have purchased a few times from hautelook. I have received mostly good things without issue. However one time, I received the wrong size shirt and requested the size I had ordered, but they did not have more in stock which sucked. They told me I could send it back for a full refund and will give me a store credit, which ended up being like $5 or 10. I was like hmmm waste my time even further? No. Instead I gave the shirt to someone else as a gift. In general they are ok though. EXCEPT with their shipping. Normally it takes about a month to get stuff but thus time takes the cake. I ordered from them on Jan 20 on an order that stated 2-3 weeks to ship. Here we are, one month out, and the order hasn't even arrived at hautelook to then ship to me! I have contacted customer service like 3 times now. Each time its, well I don't know when we will get it do you want to cancel your order? Lol Ummm what?. So this time they finally reimbursed my shipping price and said I can cancel it of I don't get it. So I said so you don't know when the company will ship to you? And they said nope. So here we are. I have to either cancel after waiting a month or stick it out and keep checking to see if they are actually gping to send me my stuff.

yurak1
2/17/16

I'm surprised they're associated with Nordstrom. This is so far from Nordstrom's stellar CS.

If you don't mind waiting 3~5 weeks for an order and having funds held up for the longest time only to be returned a month later, this is the site for you. The deals are indeed amazing and when things are going good, they will send you the "right" items within the time it allots itself (2~3weeks). But speaking from personal experience, bad experiences far outshone the good ones.

What grinds my gear the most: Hautelook will run out of inventory yet still allow people to purchase items.

The customer will receive a confirmation, and the email will dupe said customer to believe the items will be shipped. What will happen instead, is 3~5 weeks of complete nothing, with your funds still held up in the air. Customer will dutifully wait till the 3 week point and contact CS.
Hautelook CS will apologize, mentioning that inventory is most likely OOS -- BUT, if said customer is willing to wait a week, they will update customer. Otherwise they will refund you.

I know the prices are tempting, and if you really feel the brand, it might be worth a gamble.
But other than that, stay clear of Hautelook.

markd126
2/17/16

Constantly tried to get in touch with member care. Tried e-mailing them, messaging them on twitter, instagram, and facebook and still nothing. FYI I placed my order a month ago. Hautelook "member care" is a $#*!ing joke. Go $#*! yourselves.

kaylap14
2/12/16

I will never order from you here again. I ordered something three-four weeks weeks ago and I'm trying to get into contact with someone and it's like mission impossible. First, they never update me on orders. Second, when I call the customer care number no one answers. I called 3 times and waited for someone to answer for an hour each time! I've send over 5 emails trying to get into contact with someone and still nothing. All that was said in the email is to call the number I've been calling that no one answers. To me that's horrible customers service.

bitay
2/11/16

I placed an order January 1 for a Morphe brushes eyeshadow palette and a Billion Dollar Brows Eyebrow pencil. I figured since HauteLook is a Nordstorm company, it must be good, but I was so wrong. It took well over a month for my Morphe palette to arrive, and I had to continually remind them to send me my product. Contacting and trying to hear from customer service is a NIGHTMARE! Thankfully, after a month (over 3 weeks) of waiting, they sent me the correct Morphe palette unharmed. However, my Billion Dollar Brows product never came. They sent me the wrong product. After waiting over a month, I was so disappointed. I contacted them and they said they would refund me. I will be checking with my bank to make sure because I don't trust this site. I wish I had read reviews before shopping on HauteLook. I'd rather pay full price for products instead of ordering from this awful website! Don't use HauteLook! People who do recommend it, are only trying to get money for the site because if you invite a friend to HauteLook, the site gives you credit on purchases. Don't make my mistake! Avoid this HauteLook at all costs!

baileym33
2/10/16

I ordered an item more than a month ago and it has still not been shipped yet. don't shop here.

andreaf37
2/9/16

Who would have know that such a well known company have such a bad reputation!!! I should have done my research before spent more than $100 for nothing!!! I placed my ordered more than a month ago and received a confirmation email, thinking that my order is secure. But more than a month have past and still no email regarding the shipping! Emailed them a dozen times and all I got is the auto reply saying that they will Ensure their so called member care will response to me within 24-48 hours! I don't want to call coz it will waste my $$ as I'm from Asian countries!!

margareth61
2/9/16

The service is good and the item has a high quality though for he second attempt that I purchase, the products failed as I expected.

paulinec10
2/1/16

This website has some nice merchandise. The ordering process is simple and because I am a Canadian Resident I have come to expect long waits to receive my orders from the USA. However, clothing and footwear don't always fit. The return process from Canada is an absolute nightmare.

This is my most recent experience. I mailed the package on Dec 22nd. It was delivered to the Hautelook warehouse on Dec. 28th in Burlington, ON. I have since contacted Hautelook three times by 'live chat'. The first occasion, I waited a long time but could not get a customer service agent. On Jan 13th, I got lucky. I got connected and the customer service agent was pleasant. She looked up the Landmark Global tracking site and confirmed for me that the package had been received and the return would be processed soon.

Today, I contacted Hautelook for the 3rd time. I was told by a customer service person named Kameron that the returned merchandise had not be received yet according to the Canada Post website. (That's another complaint for another day). According to Canada Post tracking, the package has been out for delivery since December 28th. Out of concern that the package might have gotten lost, I contacted Canada Post before my first 2 attempts to clarify the situation with Hautelook. Both Canada Post and the previous Hautelook cs person verified that the package had been delivered to the Burlington warehouse.

After repeating this info a couple of times, Kameron finally decided to check the Landmark Global site which confirmed what I have been told. When I asked when I could expect my refund, Kameron told me there would be an update in 3-5 days. I advised her earlier in the conversation that my entire file (orders and returns) have disappeared on the website. This "update", if available in 3-5 days, would be obtained how?! When I again asked how long it would take to get a refund there was no response for many minutes. I ended the chat and have resolved to shop online elsewhere in the future.

ericad17
1/21/16

I order from Nordstrom Rack all the time. Their orders ship within 3 days always. I tried HAUTELOOK, even though shipping takes up to 3 weeks. It was a great deal after all. I called after 3 weeks and was told one item was just marked shipped and the other would take another week. I received the first Love Token item and really love the quality of it. I'm disappointed to find out after my next follow up that the second half of the order will never come. They didn't have enough to fill the orders. Instead of notifying me and returning my money quickly, they did nothing. No notification email or phone call. I had to follow up. I'm not sure I would order from HauteLook again. If I do, I won't hold my breath waiting for the delivery. If it's a good deal and I'm not counting on needing the item perhaps. I hope they get it together. They need someone who will crack the whip and run a tight ship...otherwise it's gonna sink.

mariam219
1/19/16

I wish I would've read reviews about HauteLook before attempting to order some Christmas gifts for my sister on the site. The items were supposed to arrive before the holidays - they did not. So I called and the customer service rep told me they would arrive before New Years - they did not. So I called again and the customer service rep told me they did not have enough inventory to fulfill the order so they were going to cancel the order and refund my money - fine.

I thought I was done with the ordeal, but then two weeks later I received a shipping notification for the items! So I called and the customer service rep told me it was a mistake and they had just printed a shipping label but had caught the error - they did not. A few days later, I received the items I had ordered over 6 weeks ago. So I called again and was told that I did not need to return the items and would not be charged for the items, I could just keep them for my troubles - fine.

THEN! I receive an email stating that I've agreed to be charged for the items - I DID NOT! I'm still in the process of trying to get a customer service agent with enough authority to actually know what's going on and tell me what to do with these items. I don't believe I should have to worry about returning or reshipping items that no longer need and did not mean to order.

The customer service department is a mess and no one seems to know what's going on. I'm so dissatisfied with the experience, not at all what I would expect from a company owned by Nordstroms. So I'll say it one more time - DO NOT SHOP HERE

vivl1
1/19/16

No bad experience here, the online process was smooth and deliver. Thanks.

jg70
1/8/16

Can't believe Nordstrom (Nordstrom Rack) is associated with HauteLook. Bad experience in regards to item fulfillment and shipping. I had always thought Nordstrom provided stellar service, but no longer. Could the reason be because of Nordstrom Rack's association with Hautelook? After reading the reviews online, regarding HauteLook, I believe it's very possible. But, perhaps, Nordstrom deserves to share some of the blame.

anniee6
1/3/16

I ordered a jacket from them 2 months ago and I should have received it a month ago. I called them to find out where my purchase was and they told informed me they didn't receive enough of the item from the brand for the amount of orders they received. Even though they charged my card for the item and shipping and failed to contact me to inform me on that information once they had found out. I would have never been refunded if I had't called to complain...

desireef
1/1/16

I should've read the reviews before making my purchase. I purchased 3 items from their website 4 weeks ago. Aparantly items are shipped "within" 2-3 weeks. My items still show that they haven't been shipped and by the looks of it, I'll be waiting a few more weeks. I understand the holidays were busy but come on! I will never order from them again! Seems like they're quick to take your money but not quick to send you the items you purchased. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!!

susanm171
12/24/15

Altough my order was cancelled, HauteLook is working diligently to fulfill my order. Thank you.

judyh36
12/20/15

I've been shopping on Hautelook for about a year. I got many good deals throughout and the delivery times and customer service was fine. Here or there I had a couple of issues regarding the shipping fee.
For example I would order an item below $100 and be charged the shipping fee. Couple of days later I'd place a larger amount order qualifying me for a free shipping. I started noticing that Hautelook often sent these orders in one package, which made me realize that I shouldn't be paying for the shipping fee and I confronted them about it. At 95% my complaint was heard and they reimbursed me. It's about the principle. Once I came across a unforthcoming agent who just couldnt see my point, but I just wouldnt let it go and I was reimbursed again, but she also told me not to count on this in future.
Well in October, I guess my "luck" run out. I've ordered some cooking dishes (for Thanksgiving) and the delivery was supposed to be shipped within 2-3 weeks from order date. They already had another event take place with the same items (some of the deals go in circles, till the inventory is sold out, I guess) and my order wasn't shipped. I had to cancel in the middle of December, as I got tired waiting and contacting their customer service.
Their customer service is either excellent or very bad. Many times I'd be waiting for their chat service for about 30-50 minutes, be in position nr.1 and the service would disconnect and I am adviced to contact them by email or phone. It would take 2 cycles like these to be admitted for a chat. I usually then call them and put myself on a call back service. This always works, but be prepared to wait about an hour.
My very last experience that made me finally stop shopping there was a great deal on a designer handbag. I was between the first ones to purchase this item (I looked at some details and an hour later the last bag was still on hold). I recieved a shipping email about a different order, but looking at the order page a saw that the handbag was also part of this parcel being shipped. I was very happy and looking forward this purse. I even changed my UPS delivery to pick up in person at UPS location of choice. After ordering the box in the car there was no purse, the dress I ordered wasnt packed in protecting foil (as usually they are). The shipping box was way too small to even include a handbag, but guess what, the item was included on the invoice slipped in the box!!! I contacted Hautelook straightaway and the agent told me (after waiting on the phone for 25min) that the purse is no longer available. I have insisted to have the purse shipped to me, so finally she placed a re-ship request with their warehouse and promised to contact me about the outcome in about a week. I took many pictures and even sent a complaint email. A week later I still recieved no follow up. The next day I went on the chat, only to be 2x thrown out being at #1 spot, waiting for 2 h total, I gave it another go and I got through. Long story short, I got Hautelook to refund me the bag (as the agent suggested to follow up with her colleague and letting me know), because I had no intention waiting any longer for what I suspected was a caseless hope to recieve this item.

I would recommend this site 50/50, if you're lucky to grab a great deal and it gets delivered rejoice
;-), but after my experiences I'm going to stay away as there is a good chance, that you'll be parted with your money for weeks or month(s) and at the end you'll never recieve the items due to overbooking. I was one of the lucky ones that refund was never an issue.

lisal139
12/17/15

All the positive reviews on this site is from Hautelook workers trying to do damage control. Hautelook overall has bad customer service as well as bad employee relations. This company either needs to shut down or change their policies.

SO TO THE EMPLOYEES AT HAUTELOOK, STOP MAKING FAKE REVIEWS AND ACTUALLY PUT YOUR MINDS TOGETHER TO BRING CHANGE IN HAUTELLOK POLICIES!!!

carlaa6
12/14/15

They used to have awesome customer service now you wait on hold forever and the people on the phone are useless. I've returned a few items and I've had to call them every time to get my money back!!! I used to shop a lot on Hautelook and sadly I won't be anymore, I can't trust them...

kellym127
12/11/15

SO after several more hours of trying to get through on the live chat only to be cut off once I asked a single question, I finally got through on the phone( after a 65 minute wait). Spoke with Kirkland who explained that the fulfillment center was having "some difficulties "she spoke with her supervisor and they agreed that she would prioritize my orders so that I would get them by Christmas. She guaranteed they would get here in time . It is now 12/23 and there is no shipping information on the website and I don't have my items, some of which were ordered Nov.3. They just lied to me. This site is just taking money and not delivering anything. AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE! Unless you like donating your money to large corporations.

New update after multiple more chats and phone calls, always being disconnected I finally got to a rep who said they oversold so I wouldn't be getting any of the pants I ordered. I spoke with a supervisor who said he would reac out to the rep and call me. After another week ( its now been 21/2 months since I ordered te pants) I noticed the order had been canceled. I contacted Micah and he said they couldn't do anything as they sold more than were available. Although I was one of the first to order , mu order was not fulfilled, not a single pair of the 3 pairs I ordered and paid for. I did get a refund, and $10 credit for my "inconvenience". ( even though they had another event wit the same vendor. They couldn't explain why the order couldn't be filled if they had more inventory available.) I called their legal department but I was told someone would call me back. That has not happened. DO NOT USE THIS SITE. Try Rue LA LA or Ideeli they may be better

sarahb173
12/8/15

I love haute look. I am a very loyal customer and have been shopping with them for the last couple years or so. The only issue I've had ( after at least 20 orders this is the first issue to come up) was not getting an item I ordered for a trip in the estimated shipment date. I called customer service the week after it should have been delivered and not only were they extremely helpful and understanding, but they went above and beyond what most companies would do. The representative gave me her name and email address and she was going to investigate why my item had not arrived. I explained to her I ordered this item for an upcoming trip and I really needed it by a certain date or I would have to cancel the order. She updated me a couple days later through email and apologized about the delay. I decided to cancel the order but thanked haute look for the stellar customer service. I was refunded the full amount of the item no questions asked( despite it being a very expensive purchase). They also credited my account with a $30 for the inconvenience and understanding. I could not have been happier with the customer service representative. I've recently dealt with other online discount companies that are polar opposite of haute look when it comes to customer service and assistance with returns and what not and I will NEVER AGAIN order anything from that other company again due to poor customer service policies and communication skills. Making a customer happy like haute look is really how you keep loyal customers coming back!

lesliet25
11/26/15

I spent thousands of dollars with them online because I was unable to shop in stores for a medical condition. I also had to return a lot of items to the nearby NR /HL store as well as cancel a lot of items over around a year and a half. When I began to inquire about where my refund was for X order or that cancellation, they changed their tune. I could get no assistance from ANYONE at their call center. I had asked to speak with finance, supervisors, managers etc. No response. In fact , the day I thought I was getting a call from the center manager, I instead got a letter saying I had merchandise I had not paid for, I had declined help to resolve the disputes( wtf?) and they owed me nothing more, then proceeded to wipe out my online account info and access to it. I still had orders due to come in that I had already paid for. They also stopped a delivery of thousands of dollars of stuff I had already paid for and had UPS return it to them. They then lied on the manifest notes saying" customer refused delivery". I was not home at the normal time the UPS man comes.. I had to sign for the pkg. I am now in the process of adding up everything and submitting to my banks involved. I can only dispute charges from memory and some back up on my laptop. Any suggestions from anyone other than to hire an attorney to go after the money?

lynnc59
11/20/15

I have been on hold for almost an hour. Last time I will ever order from Haute and I'm going to tell all my friends family and customers about my horrible experience

marko198
11/13/15

I made the mistake of ordering a Divani Casa Rixton Sofa Bed from Hautelook. When it did finally arrive ( after 3 weeks ) I had to go pick it up because UPS would allow me to unload it off their truck (?!) when they showed up sometime within a 4 HOUR window. They told me I had to unload a UPS truck?UPS offered to leave it in my apartment hallway for $215! Thanks : /
So that is how my purchase started but it got worse when I finally got the sofa unboxed what I saw for my $1500 I spent was a complete joke of a sofa. I mean the construction looked like maybe a $300 couch at best.And it is so uncomfortable to sit on its almost unusable. I called Hautelook and talked to a few people that seemed genuinely concerned and helpful but they kept saying they would have someone from customer service contact me. THIS NEVER HAPPENS!

I did some digging and found out who sent my this POS sofa. They are VIG FURNITURE in Los Angeles CA. So I called there and was told they didn't know who Hautelook was and Hautelook received my money so I should talk to them! So basically I feel I am just dealing with a huge den of thieves at this point. I am out my $1500 because I trusted Hautelook and the pictures they posted showing this sofa. I had ordered clothes from Hautlook before and that was OK but this purchase is a royal scamjob.
So to sum this rant up:
1) HAUTELOOK DOES NOT CLEARLY STATE HOW HORRIBLE AND EXPENSIVE SHIPPING WILL BE ON LARGE FURNITURE ITEMS ON THEIR WEBSITE
2) HAUTELOOK DOES NOT DEAL WITH ANY REFUNDS REGARDING SUBSTANDARD CONSTRUCTION FURNITURE EVEN THOUGH THEY WILL INITIALLY GIVE A RESPONSE THAT THEY WILL
3) HAUTELOOK REPRESENTS MANUFACTURERS AND DISTRIBUTORS THAT CONDUCT THEMSELVES IN WAYS THAT LEAVE THE CONSUMER WITH PRODUCTS THAT DO NOT MATCH WHAT HAUTELOOK ADVERTISED THE PRODUCT TO BE. AND SOMETIMES FOR MUCH MORE MONEY THAN THE PRODUCT IS WORTH.

SO I am done with this company. I did see Nordstroms is struggling financially so its nice to think they will get whats coming to them.

gracen13
11/12/15

First and last time shopping at Nordstrom. Yes the exchange rate was pretty bad. But i decided to go for it because I had been eyeing the dress that finally had my size available. It was advertised $40 USD, but after shipping and conversion it came out to $80 CAD. I should have stopped right there. I received the parcel fine. But decided to return it since it didn't fit at all and would take a lot of tailoring. After returning the parcel, it took nearly a month after the shipping tracking number informed that they had received my return until I was refunded. After the mandatory $10 fee for returns and the conversion rate, I was only refunded $35 CAD. NEVER AGAIN.

merryl5
11/3/15

I don't even know what to say except you probably won't receive what you order.

After not getting my order. I sat on hold for 1 hour for them to finally tell me my order wasn't coming. But they hadn't refunded my money because you pay up front not when items ship like every other company.

I won't order again

saundral1
10/11/15

I ordered a pair of boots, they were not shipped as promised and they sent the wrong size. I called, straightened it out and was assured shipping would be quicker. That was 5 days ago and no tracking info yet. Wish I would have read these reviews first.

carolinem23
9/23/15

Bought a nice pair of boots and a gorgeous scarf for fall! Shipping was on time, quality is excellent, and the prices are literally unbeatable.

elenis1
8/21/15

I order (ed) from here a lot, & for years.
at first it was great. good quality & good prices. For the last year id say every other order has been the wrong one. Then I'm the one that has
to
do all the work to return it. to ad insult
to injury they have a department called the 'fulfillment center'! give me a break. never again. for sure this time.

kellym104
8/7/15

Once again they sent me the wrong thing. I ordered a pair of pants in black and one in powder blue and they sent me two pairs of the black paints. The pants were pulled from the store, came on hangers with the store tags and one of the black pants was tagged blue! No one could see they were both the same thing? If it's not incorrect orders its inventory issues where the the stock is unavailable and you find out after waiting 3 months for your order. I am done with them. They have gotten worse over the years. It's not worth it. They also like to send clothes with security tags on them as well. Talk about a headache. I will pay full price or go to the store to buy directly.

heatherb65
6/23/15

I have been a HauteLook customer for years. I used to be able to get a lot of cute things in the past, with a few screw-ups along the way (wrong color or completely different item) But recently, I have noticed a lot more of these screw-ups. I ordered some makeup from the Mirenesse sale, and ordered 3 different shades of eyeshadow, and got 3 of the same color. Then I ordered some plain black pants and got some goofy looking circus print ones instead. Thankfully I was able to take the pants back to Nordstrom rack, feeling a bit stupid trying to return a completely different item than what was on the receipt... but the girl told me it happens 'all the time'... And unfortunately the makeup was a final sale, so I got screwed there.
And lately, the styles of clothing on these sales is just meh. I can't find anything I like anymore. Everything seems so ugly. Oh, and those Bucco shoes they keep selling are pure crap! They fall apart first time you wear them, ugh.

jayc83
6/12/15

Ordered from the Black Orchid sale online June 2nd 2015. Made my purchase within 5 min of the start of sale. When my item never shipped they said that there was an inventory shortage (after calling them 5 times asking why my item hadn't shipped) and those that ordered first would get their item. Pretty sure I was in the top list, but whatever. Missed another sale on the same item cause I bought from Hautelook. They offered a $10 credit which is nothing compared to what I would have saved had I bought from the other site. Don't buy anything on here that you really want. Cause you might not get it and they end up holding your money for weeks.

williamw71
6/5/15

The selection is tailored to the audience, mostly, but many of these deals are available elsewhere. The watch deals are particularly disappointing, not to mention a waste of my time to check them out. Those deals are readily available on Overstock ... hence the title of this review.

jessyw8
5/18/15

So for Hautelook, they have authentic merchandise. They have two types of sales, the ones they already have merchandises in warehouse; the other ones, they don't. So if you bought from the event they already have merchandises in their own warehouse, it will be shipped within 2 days. They have UPS 2 days shipping so you will get what you ordered within a week.
But if it is the event they coordinate with other warehouses (it will say before you order), it will take more than 2 weeks for you to get what you ordered.
So before you order, you should evaluate if you can wait that long for the item. Actually, if it says 2 weeks-3 weeks, give it at least a month. (Its better to be surprised than disappointed.)
If you can wait a month for that item, the order it, there won't be any surprises, if not.... Ummmm maybe find it at some other site would be a better choice.

ambere8
5/9/15

I ordered a pair of shoes that I have wanted for a long time and they sent me the wrong ones! The worst part is they cannot send the correct ones because they sold out!! Then I still have to return the wrong ones!! I will not be back!

is2855
5/5/15

Of course they don't reply to SiteJabber. Absolutely awful customer service. They charge at point of sale and it could be a very long time before you receive your purchase. And pray that you receive what your ordered and in good condition otherwise you are really in for a battle. There are too many sites with better selection, prices and above all customer care. I would not buy anything from this site again.

Tip for consumers: Don't shop here

dipikap
4/25/15

Please stay away from this horrible site. I bought a ring and was send a wrong one. When i reached out they were ofcorse out of stock blah blah and offered me 20% off if i decided to keep it. which i did coz i hate returns as i work in customer service too. then 2 weeks later same ring came back so this time before i ordered i messaged them again and they reassured that this is the right one. ofcorse those idiots send me the wrong item again. and when i reached out this time the idiots tell me i can keep this wrong ring for 30%off. wow the stupidity of hautelook is beyond me. they false advertise and instead of helping customers they still try to make the sale so we don't return.

danil33
4/13/15

HauteLook is a pretty decent site. I've ordered a pair of Keds for an extremely low price plus, they were promptly shipped to my house. I occasionally look through their site to see if anything catches my eye but usually it's just repeats from a couple weeks ago. For example, Jessica Simpson hair extensions are almost always for sale. I wish it wasn't selective rather, like an online department store.

shanc5
4/8/15

Do not buy anything from this site. I ordered a wheatgrass planter and found one similar only 5 times cheaper in local store. I contacted haute look to cancel my order as it is not shipped from them to me yet. They refuse to cancel and refund. Stating their policy is I can cancel only if it is within two hours of ordering, after that no return or canceling. So they are shipping me a product knowing I no longer wants them.

What a horrible service and policy!,,

10 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the HauteLook staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question