US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

wandaj2

This sight has truly gotten a bad rap for poor customer service. (in 15 reviews)

evelynw

I am waiting on an order and will cancel if it takes longer than 3-4 weeks. (in 68 reviews)

debbieb77

I took a chance and ordered hair while visiting another state surprisingly it actually came within 3 days. (in 8 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

kimberlym90
5/20/16

i ordered 3 wigs from Hair sisters and recieved them 3 weeks later longest ive ever waited for something especially when it said this items ships today before 3pm. Sooooo after the long wait i received the items and the packaging was horrible looks like some cardboard cutout thrown in sme plastic with a picture of the item inside.Opened it up to my surpfise was this horribly made wig so i rushed to see the other two that i had ordered were just as bad they looked nothing like the picture on the model or the packaging the qaulity of the wig was cheap raggedy and poorly made after spending $85.00 i was floored ... i would not recommend ordering from them .... dont waste your time or your money cheaper isnt always better .... STRAIGHT GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!

annaw70
5/9/16

Hair sisters is very nice company. They are very experienced. They know how to work any human hair. I'm very impressive and really appreciated to your work . This Place is very great full for me and my hair. Thanks Hair Sisters.

cecew
3/14/16

I've ordered from hairsisters for a year and a half and their service was amazing. Being a college student on a budget they had great deals. This time I ordered the SENSATIONNEL 100% VIRGIN REMI BUNDLE HAIR BARE & NATURAL BRAZILIAN NATURAL WAVY 6PCS (12,12,14,14,16,16+Closure). It was on sale for 69.95 the original price is 169.99. Of course I thought it was a great deal. I read the reviews and did see where people stated that sometimes there wasn't as much hair as they thought, but I still took the chance based off of my previous purchases. I ordered the hair on a Monday and received it Friday. Fantastic!!! When I opened the package the curl pattern was really pretty and the hair was soft, but when I pulled out the hair I noticed the bundles were very small. Way smaller than what I ordered before from this company. I read the back of the package and The 6 bundles were equivalent to 1 pack of hair. Great deal right. Not!!! If I would have know this I would have gone with the buy 1 get 1 free deal instead. Be careful and do your research on this company's deals.

sherryc33
3/4/16

I ordered my product via 3 day priority. I have yet to receive my products. It was explained to me by a Representative ( she sounded like she was asleep ) That the company policy is, it will be 3 days from the time it leaves the distributor!! I saw written NOWHERE that, that was the deal. So, I paid an extra 13.51 to get what would have cost me 0.00 to have delivered ground and in the same amount of time.
I call shenanigans!!

jenjenk
3/2/16

I ordered AFTER reading the reviews and got worried.. But have to say immediately I received a GREAT SERVICE...I live in London and my order was made and delivered within a week!!!

rebeccab89
3/1/16

THIS PLACE SUCKS!!! Tried returning something that came totally the wrong color and I get no help what's so ever with the damn return!!!!! If the had a 0 up there I would have clicked it.

debbieb77
2/26/16

I took a chance and ordered hair while visiting another state surprisingly it actually came within 3 days. The only thing that I would say I wish they would give a price cut for the more that you order

nicolev19
2/23/16

I ordered hair from sistawig and after 7 days of order still saying processing I receive an email stating that my order was cancel because it was not in stock. Not to mention I called in spoke with someone days before to see if it was in stock and she told me it was getting ready to ship. Now I have to wait an additional 5-14 business days to get my money. Stay away from this company! After reading reviews I see many people was done the same way

michellei9
2/4/16

"Very satisfied"... I placed an order a few weeks ago and got it back very quick. Therefore I place another one.
I was very satisfied.

tracyp31
2/1/16

I order 2 half wigs from Hair Sister and did not like them so I went on their web sight and did what I needed to do to let them know I was returning the wigs, I sent the wigs back and they confirmed that they recieved the wigs back but never gave me a refund for them so they got their merchandise back and my money too,.I call several times but could never speak to anyone. They lost a good customer will never order from them again.

zakiyyac
1/22/16

I ordered my hair on 01/18/2016 and got my hair 01/22/2016. Its exactly what I ordered and right on time for my birthday. The hair I ordered it usually $245 at my local hair store so when I seen it on their website for $74 for 6bundles I couldn't pass that up. The reviews scared me up a little but I took my chances and couldn't be my ecstatic. I'm only giving 4 stars because my tracking number was incorrect.

sherarda
1/19/16

I placed an order with this sight, tI ordered two wigs for my wife and paid Priority shipping so she could have them before the holidays. So, after two long weeks of waiting for them to come I attempted to contact Sista wigs to find pout what the hold up was. PROBLEM #1! Not only was their phone number disconnected, but their website was unavailable as well. So I contacted my bank to place a stop on my payment, PROBLEM # 2, not only had they processed my payment without shipment of the merchandise, I also had an additional charge for $122 which I didn't approve.
I did eventually, get both these credited to my account, as well as the overdraft fees caused by the additional charges.
PLEASE do your research BEFORE shopping anywhere online. And stay away from placed like SistaWigs who have a pleather of bad reviews. Everybody aint lying ya'll.
Don't be a victim!!

carolw70
1/15/16

I travel a lot, and i need products that they cannot sell in small towns. Especially ethnic products, like Shea Butter, hair moisturizers, shampoos/conditioners, etc.

I can travel all over the map, and Hairsisters always comes through for me.

desreee
1/6/16

Been over a month haven't gotten my package or a refund ask to speak to supervisor and get hung up on or put on hold forever .. will never ever buy anything from this company again

annicks
12/31/15

J ai commandé le 30 novembre 2 perruques qui n'ont jamais été livrées jusqu'à ce jour de plus vous ne m'avez pas remboursé en disant qu'elles ont été expediees et qu'elles sont au bureau e poste de ma région. Avant cela la commande a été facturée 2 fois et chargée sur ma carte de crédit. Je ne recommande à personne cette entreprise

danic34
12/27/15

I ordered hair the $#*!ing hair like two weeks ago! What the $#*!!!!? never EVER EVER will I order from this piece of $#*! site. I wanted my hair for my Christmas party which of course I never received. You $#*!es aren't professional at all I've called multiple times for my tracking number you guys make me sick,I will make sure everyone knows how $#*!ty you are!!! And I better get my $#*! in 3 days or see you in court fat. (:

melissaj33
12/11/15

I always buy my wigs from this company. My order always comes on time and fast . Shipping is very fast. My wigs were always in great condition. I'm shocked to see all these bad reviews. In my opinion best hair company to get your wigs.

shemarj
12/10/15

These people are ripoffs. I placed an order, contacted customer service. She was rude, just as everyone stated here. The entire call, she cut me off or spoke the same time as me. However, the company created a shipping label which already includes a tracking number. I contacted them several times and their shipping company has never received a shipment for that particular tracking number. I am filing a complaint today as I wish to receive a full refund, not partial. What I'm trying to say is, the company has already gotten paid, money was taking from my account the next day after the order was placed without hesitation so please when it comes to my coins, don't hesitate to send me my order! Christina is rude as hell. Please find you a new job boo!!

veryd3
12/8/15

I wish I had read the reviews before I attempted to order 4 times but I was in a hurry and needed the hair right away. Well that was a BIG waste of time and money. I attempted to place an order 4 times and they took my money every single time but never processed the order for whatever reason. I had to call several times to try to rectify the problem and was told it would take 72 hours for them to issue a refund but it only took seconds for them to claim my money from Amazon Payment, which was the payment method they recommended and Pay Pal. They never gave a reasonable explanation as to why the order was not going through but they were able to retrieve my money. Now I'm nearly $700.00 in the red waiting for my funds to be returned. NOT GOOD BUSINESS and very unethical. They were sooo nonchalant about the issue. I still need the hair but now I have to wait for my refund. I find the reviews very helpful and 9 times out of 10 they are accurate. I WILL NEVER EVER EVER ATTEMPT TO ORDER FROM HAIR SISTERS AGAIN AND I PLAN TO POST ON FACEBOOK WHAT SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES THEY HAVE. I have been buying extensions online for over 10 years from Extensions Plus. Her Imports and I have never ever had a problem. Thought I'd give Hair Sisters a try but my first time was my last time.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME & MONEY WITH HAIR SISTERS!!!

tamikas5
11/6/15

Used hairsisters for years..have no complaints

sheritaj1
10/29/15

I am very disappointed in the customer service. They were not pleasant nor were they helpful. I am a long time customer and love the speedy shipment as well as the prices. I live in an area that does not have beauty supply stores, so hairsisters is convenient for me. Their return policy is horrible. I wanted to exchange my recent purchase fie a dufferent color. I was told no exchange and that I had to pay to return the items. I will find another on line beauty supply.

karmak5
10/24/15

I am sooooooooo grateful for the people who put their negative experiences here. Thanks to you, I HAVE AVOIDED problems . I appreciate it soooo much. initially I was going to order all the bad reviews until i went to order the Crotchet braids Janet collections (Havana) Girl!!!! Why did they act like I can use the October coupon code and when i tried it accepted it and right BEFORE I went to pay it kept switching to the regular full price.!!!! What! Bait and switch stay away. The shipping is unethical and does not match what it really cost to ship. Eww! Shady

angryc26
10/23/15

They charged me for merchandise that was never shipped to me. When I called with the Amazon reference number that I received, they told me they had no history of my order. This is bad business. From now on, I'll take my business elsewhere.

jayb90
10/13/15

I cling to Hairsisters b/c they're the cheapest online hair store I know of that sells the lowest wigs/hair (good deals too). One time during the summer, I order a wig which never came. Did not receive an email saying it wouldn't come either. I emailed them which they didn't respond. So I emailed again, and finally got a response saying "we sent an email saying we were sold out". which did not solve anything. 1) Why did it not say sold out after you got my $$?? 2) I did not receive any email saying that. After making a complaint to the BBB they gave me a partial refund. Other than that time, it's been pretty good. they ship pretty quick too

nataleed
9/28/15

got my hair in like 2weeks even tho they told me i would get it in 24hrs. And of course one of the hair did not cone still havent heard anything abt it

maryf64
8/24/15

Horrible horrible hair

dianneg3
8/12/15

I ordered from Hair Sisters today for first time. I need to have my hair within two weeks. I hope they have improved from all the complaints I read. Only 3 stars because I need tosee if I receive my order on time and the hair

pjc2
6/29/15

I feel bad for everyone who is having problems... I've ordered quite a few times since I discovered them in the last few years with no problems at all. I wonder what is going on?? So sorry to hear of others' issues. :-(

deborahm36
6/23/15

Salt and pepper curly crochet hair extentions

michelles92
6/11/15

I place an order over the weekend for two items that were to be sent as same day shipping. I did read on the site that the shipping is not done on the weekends. Fine. I assume by Monday which is a business day, that they would process my credit card order and at the very latest my order would be shippied by Tuesday. No such luck! I emailed them a very nice message and they were unprofessional with their response. They told me the item was not ordered until four days later? I told them they are either delusional or have the incorrect account. I still have not received my order and I am putting them on a list of another hair company that I will no longer order from. Why can't these honline hair companies start sticking by their word instead of ripping people off? They make way too much money to be as dysfunctional as they are!

alishat5
6/2/15

I've been ordering from this company for years. They have lost a long time customer. Spoke with a representative about been charged for $17.80 shipping handling & for two day shipment. Didn't receive my order until a week. I asked about a refund for the $17.80 and was told there's nothing they can do about it. Just think how much money this company is making by not fulfilling their so called express shipment. I'm disputing it with cc as well as the BBB!

laylas3
5/26/15

Never really had any major issues from HS. However, I ordered a unit earlier this year and it took them a week to tell me they were out of stock. I wish I was told that day.I started to look at the site on my phone vs. online and every item is "Null". I still receive sales notifications for products that they do not have available. They definitely need to get more stock or just stop sending customers emails.

quanettas
5/2/15

I ordered the unit on Tuesday and received it on a Thursday. Delivery was fast as usual. The fab fringe is a horrible unit. I couldn't do anything to style her, or make her my own. Buyer beware !

carolm78
4/29/15

Just wanted to followup no mailing labels yet to return a wig in the wrong color. There are honest companies out there, this is not one.

marym178
4/28/15

I order my hair Late Friday night my hair is schedule to be at my home by this evening I will order again Mary mckee Cinti ohio

timikiai
4/24/15

Well I read some of the complaints and the reviews so to be honest I was kind of skeptical about ordering from this company.so I went on with my gut feeling in ordered a couple of products in so far so good in I would recommend this website to anyone that wants good hair,wigs etc etc....ordered they came on time in all my wigs look like the picture...thank you hairsister's will order again...so for all the bad complaints maybe you are on the wrong website.... Just saying take no offense....

akosuan
3/26/15

Ive ordered 3 times w/o any trouble! Hair sisters has gotten better and the only reason anyone wouldnt be satisfied with the quality is because they didnt pay attention to what they bought. Give it a try its not bad if your shopping on a budget

robinw27
3/19/15

I got my items in like 2 days tops and in wonderful condition . I think this is a wonderful company and I will continue ordering from them

armishiaj
3/10/15

My sister just ordered a few products from here and a few for me, with all the bad reviews I was nervous. Our products came just as pictured some better. Items were supposed to be shipped out the next day and weren't so we called yesterday and the lady was very nice. I received my packages this morning UPS.

arianneb
1/23/15

They steal ur credit info. I found an extra randomcharge from them. I Only made two purchases. Why does my credit card statement say that i paid 3 times? I live in canada and this was just pure bs. I will be notifying my bank so that they can do a full criminal investigation on this company.

Tip for consumers: Dont bother.

claudiaw3
1/2/15

I ordered 12 packs of weaving hair which I paid for. When I received the order there were only 9 and the order contained 2 wig caps that I didn't order. In addition to being shorted 3 packs of hair, all the bundles were the wrong color. I contacted customer service immediately and explained the problem. I was asked to provide pictures of the copy of the packing invoice, shipping label on the box as well as the color of weave. I complied with the requests.

When I received a refund, I was only credited for 9 packages. Customer Service said the dispute was not found in my favor so they would not credit the full order. I lost a total of $49.00 [I had to pay for the return of the order + the cost of the 3 missing bundles of hair which I paid for].

I can't believe that this company has the ability to basically steal from customers.It has been less then a pleasant experience dealing with this company. Not to mention a pricey one. Won't ever be doing business with therm again.

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware if a refund is needed.

tinap9
12/10/14

I reviewed this site on 12/10/2014, and my issues were with CUSTOMER SERVICE not how fast they shipped my item. I noticed on several reviews people mainly had their issues with customer service when they received the wrong order or had to return their item. To say that someone is wrong about their experience with a company is absolutely absurd. These were OUR experiences with them and we had them and it was with THIS company. Just because your item was shipped quickly and you didn't have to deal with the rudeness of customer service doesn't mean you write off other people's reviews saying we are wrong and had the wrong company. Furthermore, if your ordering 6 months after all the bad reviews, you would hope the company would have by then straightened out their rude customer service representative problems with either training or replacements. IMJ

regd2
11/12/14

This company sucks. I placed an order and it was supposed to ship within 3 days and that did not happen. They claim it takes 3 days to process an order for items that are instock...why? That makes absolutely no sense, I will never order from them again.

evelynw
11/9/14

The website use to be a good marketing production when it comes to servicing the customers; they would E-mail you back concerning your merchandise with a confirmation and would responding when E-mailed. Now that they have a new look they are not the same website giving their customers the respect that they deserve. I tried to find the old Hair-sisters website unfortunately that site no longer exist. I am waiting on an order and will cancel if it takes longer than 3-4 weeks. The best time to reach them is in the early hours of the morning. They are losing customers and money due to their disposition towards their consumers.

mh3
11/6/14

I ordered 2 wigs from this website on 10/31/2010. I have not received the wigs as of 1/15/2011. No one from customer service will return my calls. I tried to contact the company via website and email and to no avail. This is the worst website ever.

shaylap
10/26/14

OMG! ok i didnt have any problem with the processing/shipping time, but when i did receive the hair (goddess natural yaki gold) it was in this little envelope that was too small for the hair, so they folded both packs in half so it would fit! wth! and Once i got the hair installed, it immediately began to matte. Like immediately. I was super shocked because I got this hair from the beauty supple store ALL the time! but they stopped selling it there so i was forced to come online. This hair also sheds, and when i say sheds, i mean like falls out! Its literally all over the house. Absolutely ridiculous. ive only had good experiences with goddess natural yaki gold previously and i have been using it for years. NEVER AGAIN HAIRSISTERS!

miad4
10/23/14

I am completely surprised by the reviews. I ordered from Hair Sisters twice and both times my orders were received within 4 days. The items were exactly as described. Maybe I was just lucky. I do plan on ordering again but I have to admit the reviews are worrisome.

What I love most is their prices and specials. Hopefully I can continue with positive results.

aledeuq
9/18/14

I don't like how your website don't allow to unsubscribe.
now my email is full of your junk email you send everyday
very improfesinnol look like scam.

mrsm17
9/11/14

I purchased six Violet wigs. I absolutely love my wigs. I haven't experienced any problems with Hairsisters. My order arrived quickly. The hair colors this company offers is good.

Tip for consumers: Place an order so you can judge this company yourself.

mandiih
8/19/14

I've ordered from them several times and had no problems. But this weekend tried to ordered and there site was down. So I finally got someone on the phone today and they decided to try and place the order by phone mind you over the weekend there was a 15% off your order. So because of there website being down they didn't even want to give me the coupon very disappointed and I needed the order by Friday. So they wanted to charge full price and I wasn't guaranteed it to be shipped and ready for Friday. They didn't even offer expedite shipping.

Tip for consumers: I wouldn't waste my time.

7 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the HairSisters staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question