US Government's NSF

miket44

60 Reviews for Guruaid.com

▼ Sort by: recent

4/18/14

Third time is a charm. I guess I got the right tech this time.

4/13/14

Called AVAST for technical support. Operator answered stating 'Guru AID'. I asked if this was Avast and they said they could help. Unfortunately allowed them access to computer. After an hour they hit me with charges to clean up computer. I said no, all I wanted was the Avast fixed. They continued to try and I again said I would not purchase their package, I purchased Avast for two years and they should fix the problem free. Then obtained phone number for Avast and they fixed the problem with Avast on my computer. It sounds like they now have all of the information I had on my computer. What a SCAM.

Expert Reviewer
4/12/14

Avoid tech support scams - Why would anyone allow a website other than an "official software distributor/company" "remote" access to their computer??

hxxp://GuruAid.com - an Indian outsourced technical support service company, an affiliate/owned service from hxxp://lesterinc.com

Sites has numerous internet reviews/complaints saying they are engaged in the selling or distribution of bogus or fraudulent applications (which they install/infect your computer with through remote desktop), then they find hundreds/thousands of things wrong with your computer (which they installed), then charge you a fee/subscription to fix them. Most of which can be fixed/prevented for "Free" just by "searching the problem"!

BBB Internet Complaint Information for hxxp://GuruAid.com:

"GuruAid advertises computer support services on popular online search engines like Google where, for example, its prominently featured links entitled “Customer Service for AVG” or "Support for Trend Micro" appear directly beneath the link to AVG's and Micro Trend's websites. BBB has received ongoing customer complaints stating that the composition of such ads is deceptive, as it misleads consumers into believing they are being connected to the computer or software manufacturer’s site when, in fact, they are directed to the website of GuruAid."

BBB's final comment after contacting the company to have the BBB complaints resolved - "Despite changes the company has implemented, complaints to BBB have not declined"

From the Microsoft forum:

Hoaxes and scams - "GuruAid is NOT the Official Microsoft Support no matter what they claim."

Scams that use Microsoft’s name or product names. Phishing scams often include the names of well-known companies to convince you to visit spoofed Web sites or click on dangerous links.

They represent themselves as Microsoft support and charge for a subscription. Use logmein to "fix" the computer and load it up with malware and then charge you to fix it.

They might offer to help solve your computer problems or sell you a software license. Once they have access to your computer, they can do the following:

◾Trick you into installing malicious software that could capture sensitive data, such as online banking user names and passwords. They might also then charge you to remove this software.
◾Take control of your computer remotely and adjust settings to leave your computer vulnerable.
◾Request credit card information so they can bill you for phony services.
◾Direct you to fraudulent websites and ask you to enter credit card and other personal or financial information there.

Avoid scams that use the Microsoft name fraudulently - Microsoft does not make unsolicited phone calls or emails to help you fix your computer:

You can also check their site rating here: http://hosts-file.net/?s=guruaid.com

4/12/14

BEWARE!!!!!!!!
I get annoyed at people that fall for obvious scams but i fell for this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Norton protection was playing up and i thought i was calling Norton with my issues but nooo it was these scammers.Anyway thinking am through to norton and guru are who they use for technical issues i allowed them remote access of my PC.Whilst remotely accessing my PC there were certain issues i was not to happy with but let go due to the fact that i thought i was dealing with Norton.
Anyway to cut long story short as soon as i was able to gain access to the internet i looked these folk up and panicked at the reviews.Seeing as i was now able to go online i actually got through to the real folk at Norton and explained and asked if these people were anything to do with them which of course they replied no to and gave me a reference number to state once i had contacted my bank to delete cards etc.I have managed to cancel cards thankfully but unfortunately their fraud department is shut for the night so will have to try again tomorrow to try to cancel the payment.
PLEASE DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH GURU.
They are scammers and i am amazed that they are still able to function online as such.
I am very up on scammers but this one seemed so legit as in i thought i was calling Norton.

Do not be fooled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am posting this review in the vain hope that it will save at least one person being scammed by them.

2/15/14

They are always willing to spend what ever time is required to take care of my computer problems,whether I caused them or not. Thanks Guruaid.

2/15/14

IHAVE ALWAYS HAD GOOD LUCK WITH THIS COMPANY THEY ARE GOOD WHAT EVER YOU NEED THEY SUPPLY.

1/30/14

Treated with much patience and dignity. The job got finished in no time and I thank you all. So glad I happened upon you guys!!!

1/29/14

Professional and friendly help when you need it most.The technicians have the utmost patience and have never let me down.

1/19/14

I had such good service by guruaid that I extended another year. They are prompt and online remote access combined with chat is very effective and convenient. One time I was in Asia with no phone access but was still able to get my problems solved. Different technicians have different skill sets, they could be more uniform, some tend to want to eliminate all default programs, others target specific possible program corruptions-thus rate 4 stars. But the bottom line is my PC works again and with better efficiency.

1/12/14

I had a very bad experience with this company. Right now I'm trying to cancel my credit cards so they can't get into my accounts. Has anyone had this problem with them? Please let me know

12/1/13

I called looking for someone to speak with that deals with McAfee. I recently paid for the software thinking that it would resolve some issues but it did not. I notified the representative that this was my purpose for calling. She then told me they do not do the refunds part but could transfer me to someone who could help. She placed me on hold momentarily and said she could get the process started. My computer was acting up and the desktop was not loading so she walked me through the steps.

Once getting to my desktop she told me to go to internet explorer and type in "remote.guruaid.com"
The website looked fishy to me and then I started thinking.... 'why in the hell does she need to access my computer' and 'didnt she say that she doesnt even deal with the refunds.'
I kept trying to tell her that I would have to call back tomorrow because my computer was taking forever to reboot. She kept insisting she would wait on the line (which was also very strange). She placed me on hold again and I decided to Google the company. I found all these bad reviews about how its a scam and hung up the phone. She tried to call back and I did not answer. Hopefully they do not call back and I am so glad that I didnt give them any access!

Lesson Learned: Always look at reviews before talking to an unknown company!

11/12/13

This is the first thing that comes up under a search for "Itunes customer service" DO NOT CALL THEM! I asked them for a refund on an app that was a mistake that I had purchased and they tried to convince me that my IPad had a virus on it that it had recieved through my home wi-fi connection!!!!! They offier me a monthly package of $50 a month to install "lock software" on my IPad. No way! I received an actual phone number from the Apple helpdesk at https://getsupport.apple.com, and they were wonderful, they called me in a matter of minutes and were able to walk me through the steps in the settings with no charges..... it's a miracle!

11/11/13

I contacted who I thought was MacAfee to sort a refund on my autorenewal and got these guys. All they were bothered about was accessing my computer. When I queried why they need to do this, they said it was so they could sort the refund out. I explained I am a financial adviser with many client details on my system so under data protection rules, I couldn't do this, I again asked why they needed to access my laptop to sort a refund, surely all that was required was my ref. number and they can put the money back into my paypal account, at this they disconnected the call. I called MacAfee direct who told me they have NO AFFILIATON with MacAfee at all........
Absolutley, do not trust these guys at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/4/13

I thought I was working with McAfee to resolve a problem with the virus installation.
Next thing I know .I have a Guruaid on line trying to sell me a service contact. Who are these guys and are they to be trusted to take over my computer?

10/30/13

Cousin called up the guruaid guys saying screen was fuzzy and the system was behaving all weird n slow. They fixed it like new. Till date, there are no problems. Very happy…

10/7/13

This is a complete scam. AVOID AT ALL COSTS, unless you want all your bank and credit card info stolen. Don't pay attention to any of the reviews, they are all spam and untrue, and they were all done by the person. FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD!!!!

8/29/13

They are very helpful and resolved my issue in a timely manner

8/10/13

This company is a piece of Sh-t. The only thing they are competent at is lying and stealing your money! This company is the lowest form of competence, lower than whale sh-t and that lays on the bottom of the ocean! If you really want pain and suffering take a hammer and hit yourself in the head.

7/2/13

From beginning to end my representatives were polite, efficient, professional, and effective. I highly recommend Guruaid.com. Amit Pawar was the same.

6/24/13

Great experience, totally took over my computer remotely and fixed lots of issues I had. Highly recommend

5/4/13

I have used the services provided by this site on three occasions and have been very satisfied all three times. The staff is patient, polite, and thorough. They have even initiated follow-up to make sure things were okay. My subscription allows me access to them 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so I don't have to disrupt my office or routine to carry my computer to a remote technician. I would recommend them without reservation to anyone. R. Donnell in Florida.

4/7/13

my experiences have been good learning process and the help is excellent as i am not very adept to computers yet.

4/1/13

My computer was totally useless . I called guruaid and they fixed it for me and I have not had any issues since. Great job by your team
Mausami nath

3/30/13

as very good . The gentleman was professional and seemed to do a quality job''J Gulick
mausami nath

3/27/13

Excellent service. All the reps are very, very patient and helpful. What I especially like is the follow-up. Once the chat is finished, they don't just disappear, but call back in a few days to see how things are going. Great customer service in a time when that is not so common.

3/27/13

Able to explain and show me many errors on my computer, hence preventing upload of sofeware.
mausami nath

3/26/13

Tec's are very courteous and knowledgable and patient. They keep working with the problem until it is resolved to my satisfaction. I appreciate that all very much

3/26/13

i have only been a client for about a week. we are still resolving some issues with the computer and access speed but so far everyone has been very helpful
jayarani biswas

3/25/13

From the time that I first was introduced in the staff at Guru.com time I found them to be courteous, knowledgeable, and friend. Prior to coming to Guru I had experienced a computer problem with around 30 days without success. As a result of using Guru each of my computer issue has been addressed.
jayarani biswas

3/23/13

The issue was taken care of in a previous call. This time I had to call in to contact tech support. I would have rather contacted through the internet.

3/22/13

VIcky was extremely helpful in resolving all of my computer problems. I am very satisfied with the experience!

3/21/13

I have had a great experience with Guru Aid. They provide great customer service, are always quickly available and helpful with all my needs.

3/20/13

I would be totally lost without guruaid. Just knowing that I can call anytime and the phone call will be answered immediately is a great perk, Everyone should try them out and they will be sure to keep them every year. Everyone is very professional and
polite.

3/20/13

Very helpful. Mausami

3/19/13

always get good help.

3/19/13

Very Good Services

3/18/13

During the past year and one-half, I found the people handling my Guruaid account to be professional, knowledgeable, and helpful.

always had good service

3/18/13

Solved my problem and went the extra mile by changing the hated Windows 8 layout to Classic. Really impressed with: professionalism, courtesy, skill and patience with a semi-skilled luddite!

3/18/13

The help I have received from guruaid is invaluable! I used to have to take my computer to the repair shop, but guruaid makes it so much more convenient. Issues were resolved completly to my utter most satisfaction. Would highly recommend this service!

3/18/13

Very happy with the help I am receiving

3/18/13

Good service - poor phone connection at first but cleared up and was pleased with attitude and results.

3/17/13

Every one of your technicians that I spoke to were courteous, knowledgeable, and did a great job bringing my computer back to good health. I was very happy with this experience. Thank you all very much.

3/17/13

Vikram Danene worked on my computer for hours until it was the way I wanted it. This company and his services deserve to be commended. All of the Guru people are worthy and very good in the service, and Vikram was the same only possibly a step above going the extra mile to ensure my satisfaction. Thank you Guru and thank you Vidram

3/15/13

Anil Kakar was the best technician I have ever dealt with. He did not give up until all my issues, which were many, were resolved. Thanks, Anissa

3/14/13

guruaid is awesome to have they are very polite and very good at what they do well worth the money

3/14/13

spoke to a rep , good communications & very clear & easy to use very pleasant & helpful

3/12/13

Service from your company has always been great!!and is well worth the money I spent for the service..
Thank you for someone who finally fixes the computer when I screw it up.

3/12/13

I want to thank Harmeet Nagi and Meera Mohideen (Tech) for the excellent service that I received on fixing my computer. They were friendly and professional and your people always know how to fix the problem. Thank you. Bob G.

3/12/13

im very appreciative of the special care and kind support that i recieved form all the technicians that ihave had the privilige to work with. they have always handle my problems and have solved them very professonally and also have always follow up to seee if the problem was resolve i will always be gratefull of the special service that i recieve and will always be a customer of guru i love them all

About Guruaid
Specialties & Business Description
Headquartered in Branford, Connecticut, GuruAid is a division of Lester Inc, incorporated in 1981 in the U.S.

GuruAid is a global next-generation computer support service provider for consumers and small businesses in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland and Australia. Launched in 2010 our subscriber base includes thousands of consumers and hundreds of small businesses.

With the use of sophisticated tools and a dedicated team of IT specialists, GuruAid provides high quality technical support services to its customers. Our services are designed to help customers with online instant support for computer related problems.

Our range of independent technical services spans across Microsoft & Apple operating system platforms, securities software such as Norton, Mcafee, Kaspersky, and computers from major OEMs such as Dell, HP, Acer.
Meet the Business Representative
Rajiv S.
Title: CEO
Rajiv started his career at Intel in 1985 on Unix Operating System. Over the last 28 years he has been in leadership roles at McKinsey (Electronics Practice Leader), IBM (General Manager of AIX Division), and Disney (Senior Vice President). He is a graduate of Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Rajiv resides in Greenwich, Connecticut.