US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

joyp8

Nilesh sawant has been very polite and helpful great guy (in 30 reviews)

bartw15

I used guruaid.com and they fixed my computer problems in a flash. (in 27 reviews)

neilw25

I was very impressed with the customer service and speed of resolution of the problem. (in 32 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

masona8
2/1/16

THEY TOOK FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT

marciar11
1/30/16

Technician was extremely helpful & knowledgable and I am completely satisfied with his help!!

carolynv3
1/29/16

Everyone who took part in cleaning out my computer were fabulous. The gentleman helping me took his time to explain the computer jargon to someone who has no clue how to operate one lol. Great Service!

charlesd83
1/29/16

I can't praise GuRu Aid enough. I have never been less than pleased with the service, and the agents are so understanding of my lack of knowledge of the computer. Always thorough & don't leave 'til I'm satisfied. I give them 5 stars.

bonnieb54
1/28/16

They do a good job

barbaral57
1/27/16

They restored the missing icons and cleaned the computer

johnm663
1/26/16

The folks I communicated with were direct and very helpful. While I hope I don't need their services again, I know that, if I do, my problems will be addressed and solved

darleneh9
1/25/16

Guruaid saved me lots of money and get me out of trouble every time I call. It takes awhile but worth the time thank you so much.

nicholass38
1/23/16

so much help to me and so very nice not in to much hurry. Thanks again

josephw50
1/22/16

Quick, and accurate

dennisb87
1/22/16

I joined GURUAID 9 days ago and initially I was impressed and the problem I had at the time got resolved in reasonable time, unfortunately today after a second problem occurred I spent almost 7 and half hours in front of my screen. I cannot explain why but one of the service centre individuals made an incorrect acusation which totally made me very angry partivularly as I had been very patient all along. I have paid for a year contract which I certainly will use should the situation arise BUT as things are right now I will be reluctant to continue or even recommend if the gentleman or any colleague responds to me in the way he did today. The actual individual who was trying to sort my problem was most polite.

blakef7
1/19/16

Rude phishing scammers. I was looking to speed my computer up but that was not the case. The first person who I spoke to did not even seem to care and told me to stop "prank calling" and hung up. I called back and was repeatedly was put on hold for 20 minutes while he 'spoke' to his technician. The phone eventually got disconnected. I finally, got to talk to someone who I explained my situation to told me that it was no problem to fix. When I gave him my name he ended up going through his computer and told me files no files matched my name and repeatedly told me I would to repay the $200 plus bucks. I told him that I was not going to repay for some of fix I could eventually do myself ,he eventually said he would diagnose my computer and help me find my receipt on my email. He got remote access control, but I just logged off my computer as I could not be bothered with him contradicting and yelling at me all the time. Eventually, I had a local technician look at my computer and it turned out that he found corrupt files placed in my computer from the day GuruAid looked at it from somewhere overseas in India. Never use these rude, phishing, con artists.

Tip for consumers: Do NOT USE

carll32
1/18/16

I received outstanding support from GURUAID every time I have utilized their service. I would gladly recommend them to anyone.

peterw73
1/18/16

The service was thorough and very helpful.

sandraj32
1/17/16

very good service, the tech was able to fix my problem in a short time! he was excellent!!! However I did have to wait over four hours to receive service, the I got disconnected twice! this does not reflect at any way with tech! he did very well

patriciat43
1/16/16

Professional computer services from the comfort of your own home. i recommend Guruaid to everyone. Try it for yourself.

zannr
1/14/16

Both techs I spoke with were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Problem was fixed without any hassle. Would recommend GuruAid to others.

leannec8
1/13/16

Just come off the phone to these and I must say never dealt with such rude pushy people in my life. McAfee had taken out 89.00 from my bank account without my permission so I rang this number to try and get them to cancel it as I did not want it anymore. The first person who spoke to me could not seem to be bothered with my query and put me in hold for 20 minutes while he 'spoke' to his manager as he wasn't sure what to do, I put down the phone as I knew he was probabally putting me on hold on purpose as it was 10 at night. I rang again and asked for the persons name who I was speaking to he didn't understand what I was asking him as his 'phone' line was going funny, I finally got his name and he was rather helpful at the beginning, I explained my situation that I wanted a refund and he said he could do that for me no problem, but then he started taking me through my computer and showing me files and other things that I had not rang about and repeatedly told me I would need an antivirus if he took this off, I told him that it didn't want this at the minute and would just like a refund and Mcafee taken off so I wouldn't have to pay and that I would sort something out myself,he said yes I can do that but 'look' you have all this that needs fixed, he wouldn't let me speak and continually repeated himself over and over, he then said he could put an antivirus on for free so I said well if it's free yes you can, but then said that will be an 80 charge for me to fix your computer and put that on, I said excuse me u just told me it was free?? he said no we are not mcafee and we charge to sort things out for them. I said well you never explained that to me at first before you started conning me into things that I never rang about. He then put the phone down on me and then started to message me over the computer saying there was a technical error, yeah right!! He then started messaging me continually being rather rude and obnoxious, I told him that all I wanted was a refund nothing else, he said 'that will be an 80 charge, I told him he was rude and that I would be complaining to his manager and just to leave it I would ring mcafee and get it sorted as I had been mislead off them and if he charged me I'd take it further and to the Ombudsman, he then changed his tune saying he would refund me for free. I just logged off my computer as I could not be bothered with him contradicting himself all the time. Honest never come across such a bunch of rude, pushy, ignorant con artists in all my life, they trick you into things, please ask their name and ask if there will be a charge before u ring these people when u first pick up phone because I certainly wasn't explained to that they would be charging me for talking to them. Oh and I'm apparently not their customer I'm McAfee's?? Sorry but if I ring a company to ask them to refund my money I think I am your customer.

helmuth3
1/10/16

I have the service now for a few years. They are very helpful in getting the problem fixed. The only bad part is that you must sit in front of the computer till the problem is resolved , this can take several hours. I have recommended them to several people and they are happy with the service. GuruAid was able to fix my problems. Had a problem where boot command on the computer was block and a company wanted $500.00 to release my computer. Since I was in a contract with GuruAid I paid nothing. In the long run the company saves me time and aggravation with computer problems. I call them once a month just to clean up the computer.

tomk72
1/6/16

Gureu aid has been a very good company to solve my computer needs for clean up and maintenance I have been with them for a while they have done a good job for me very satisfiedl;

cynthiah34
12/17/15

Was a little unsure of this company which I reached through trying to contact MacAfee! They are quite pushy and liable to do a hard sell, however after a lengthy seven hours with a lovely technician called Naeem Shaikh, we did achieve success on the issues that were causing me problems, so all praise to GuruAid! My only quibble is that I dislike taking on a contract and then being told shortly afterwards that it would be great to upgrade(further expense!) to an elite or premium grade! Annoying- but resist! Poor Naeem was obviously a little upset that that I refused the upgrade, however when he'd settled down a little he was super helpful and supportive! Suspect there is some pressure within the company to sell at all costs! This said, I am delighted with the service I received yesterday! Well done, GuruAid!

alberte12
12/15/15

They posed as McAfee, got me to let them connect to my computer, ran diagnostics, told me McAfee wouldn't work until they fixed "issues" on my brand new computer. Pressured me to buy $120 tuneup. Find someone else to help you!

mk85
12/10/15

I fell for the " first up" on a google search when trying to reverse a suspicious renewal bill from AVG ( I had told them NOT to renew but got a MAstercard withdrawal anyway. ) They politely claimed to fix it for me. At least an hour and a half later, yes, promises were made to refund, new ( it turned out it would have been free ) Microsoft protection installed, and clean up/ tune up would be done. They smoothly got $100 U.S. out of me by sharing my computer site and clicking the Pay Now for me and I was caught., as I had provided myMC #. BUT, they did cleanup junk and my computer works better, faster. I realized after the fact that I could have done it all myself for free. Instead I'm out $136 Can. Lesson learned.

burtieb
12/10/15

I have posted here before about the service provided by Guruaid only to be deleted which makes my slightly scepticle about the impartiality of this sight...so let's try again. I rang Guruaid believing they were a subsidiary of McAfee however I quickly realised when they tried to get me to part with even more money, that this was not the case. After remoting into my machine the diagnosis, according to GA, was harmful viruses which wouldn't allow my machine to download the software and for £80 they could solve all my problems! When I said I'd think about it that's when it got the hard sell and couldn't get them off the phone. The 'analyst' tried every trick in the book to sell me their services or suffer the Armegeddon style consequences! I then spoke directly to McAfee who said the real reason I was having issues was due to an out of date OS whereby Microsoft very quickly, and without cost, updated. So, if you have money to burn and feel like being taken for a ride....please call GuruAid!

nancyj45
12/8/15

Mr. Aniket Singh was very helpful and I appreciated his help with getting McAfee to work at installation for a subscription. He explained how it worked and made it work correctly.

andys88
11/28/15

McAfee took £69.95 out of my bank account at the end of a free trial period. I did not authorise this or give them permission to do so. I put 'McAfee customer support' into an Internet search engine and up popped Guruaid. being none the wiser I rang the number and they told me they took care of all of McAfees technical issues and that any calls to McAfee are automatically routed to them. I told them the problem and they said they would arrange an immediate refund but this would be a one off and I would continue to be charged annually. I asked how I could stop this and they said there was only one way. To secure this refund and prevent it happening in the future I would have to pay a fee of £80 for one of their technicians to remove the programmes from my computer and liase with McAfee. They said only they could do this as being part of McAfee they were the only ones who could access the product key and account numbers necessary to complete the work. I said I would take it up with McAfee and they stated any query would only be referred back to them so it was pointless. I subsequently found a phone number for McAfee UK and rang it. They immediately closed the account and refunded the £69.95 all free of charge. Guruaid are just chancers trying to make a fast buck.

owens33
11/26/15

GuruAid obviously markets itself as support for many products - I've just called them for an issue with OUTLOOK.
I was given their number by BT in the United Kingdom, as I could access my emails via a browser or on my mobile, but not on my desktop using Outlook 2007. I keep getting IMAP 'issues' which as I suspected, BT said was an issue with Outlook rather than their server/settings etc. I asked them if they could recommend somebody, as I was out of my depth, and they gave me the Guru freephone number. Great. Freephone number - nothing to lose.
When I phoned and explained my problem, there seemed to be a lot of questions, which didn't seem relevant, and a lot of reassurance that they could solve my problem, no need to worry, we will call you back if disconnected, don't call us etc etc. Then after all this reassurance the guy on the end of the phone had to "check with my supervisor that we can fix this problem" - first big Alarm Bell.
When he came back after 30 seconds and said his supervisor had confirmed that "we could solve the problem" - I thought a) he hadn't had enough time to explain and b) if your a support company, surely you will attempt to solve any problem with Outlook, and say it's a fixed fee, or payment on completion or whatever the deal is. But no, he just wanted to log into my PC. Alarm two.
I then asked that before he logged into my computer can we agree a price - how do they charge etc. He kept telling me not to worry, he would have a look first, then tell me how much it would cost to fix, and I could then decide whether to go ahead. Can you give me a rough estimate? Don't worry, their is no charge for looking!!!!!
OK, I agreed. Type in "access.guruaib.com" and press enter. Went to a blank page. We tried this many times in IE and then in Chrome. I could sense him getting agitated that it wasn't working. In hindsight, I have Bitdefender and MalwareBites installed - and wonder if they were blocking it? This was very strange - why couldn't I log onto a webpage that he was giving me.
He then told me to go to the search box above the start button, and type in "msconfig" and hit enter. I then said wait, I've got to type in the Administrator password, as I'm just logged in as a user. He wasn't best pleased. "No, I need you to be logged in as an Administrator" - to which I said I was not happy with this as that would leave my computer vulnerable. I said if any changes needed to be made, I would just type in the password. He kept insisting that this would not work - at which point I said I would not go any further until I had done some background on his company. If I was happy I would then call back.
At this point he was really angry, and told me not to ring back. I was quite taken aback, and asked him why he didn't want me to call back - "You've just wasted 18 minutes (very precise) of my time, you are calling in question my company, you want to investigate blah blah blah". I put the phone down.
Half way through the call I had to as him to talk faster, as he spoke veerryy slloowwlly, and kept repeating "a - for - apple --- i - india...." etc even though I told him I was cutting and pasting the web address, as we had check it half a dozen times. Obviously on a clock.

In summary, I don't know if not being logged in as administrator would have stopped him infecting my computer, but I think he couldn't have change major settings or installing stuff without me knowing(?), and his reaction made my mind up. Also, I am sure that you can change account settings in Outlook without being logged in Administrator mode - as I've done it myself. I think I got off lightly.

IMHO - Regards

eugenem34
11/25/15

I had a lot to be taken care of and fixed on my computer. Sachin Gawalt was very polite, Very knowledgeable and fixed everything I needed done to perfection. I will recommend GuruAid to everyone I come in contact with that need help!

Eugene Majeski

paulm244
11/22/15

Fast and professional, Faisal took fault finding to a new level, very much appreciate your talent. and has given me confidence that my PC will perform in critical recording applications.

mikew145
11/12/15

My only problem is they are constantly trying to get you to part with money and its very annoying when you are already paid up for the year ahead,otherwise they always do a good job.

lk48
11/12/15

Sachin is a great asset to your business He is very knowledgeable and takes a customer as the only one he has to take care He did a great job and explained what he was doing as he went through the computer Thank you for caring and putting the best techs on your working pay roll Lona

carolyneb1
11/10/15

Great and prompt response with professionalism.
I will continue to use Guru.
Excellent customer service.

pauln54
11/2/15

great job and thanks again. Paul Nelson

sandrab71
10/28/15

Terrible I thought I was phoning Microsoft for a 6 pounds a month subscription but the guy was trying to charge me 300 pounds: I put the phone down and he phoned me back saying ok give me 80pounds don't phone them scams

beckym20
10/22/15

The young man who helped me did a great job. I am very happy with his service..
When ever I call they help me.

liamw7
10/19/15

I had problems installing antivirus software so I spoke to someone at GuruAid and allowed him remote access to my computer. He said showed me loads of "viruses" I had and promised he could then install the antivirus then but not before; all for £80. I said no and stopped his remote access. I then rectified the problem myself by un-installing outdated software and installing the new. This is now running fine and has detected no issues with my computer. Moral of the story; "Do not trust, they will make you believe you have more issues with your PC then you really do".

angelad33
10/17/15

Guru aid always resolves whatever issue(s) we are having with our computer, very professionally, and in a fairly timely manner. They are very patient, and kind!

jyotil2
10/17/15

Regarding: Case No.CA1510-07530

Ruchir
Dear Supervior / Manager
Regarding Mr Ruchir ,
he was very Professionail.best very helpful. need more People Like mr Ruchir Could not Ask for more, i have no Words to praise him . VeryThankful to him. I would alway like him to Help me In near Future
Need to contact me Please Feel free to @ 818 366 1951
Jyoti Laghari

nicholasc28
10/13/15

Got my system working perectly! use them once a month min to check my computer

joycew20
10/12/15

I recommend this service to everyone........I think it is terrific and the technicians are very knowledgeable and polite

jeffs117
10/7/15

Some have written that this is a scam operation. It does seem to be. I have had more problems on my computer since I started using them than I did before that.I am very unhappy with them, and would not recommend them to anyone.

nt33
9/19/15

This company advertises on Google (and probably other search engines) listing itself as McAfee Customer Services. Once through to them they say they will help fix the problem and that you need to give them access to your screen. They talk you through a web login very quickly but do not ever explain what they are doing. They then run a "check" programme which you see on your screen from a Command Prompt. The end line of this shows "Corrupt Registry. Fake Windows 10" (My windows 10 is brand new and directly installed from Microsoft). They then offer to "fix" the registry for you for £20. At this point I started asking questions and the operator became rude and evasive and then just hung up on me - realising he had been rumbled. Unfortunately I have no idea what damage he may have done to my operating system so I have gone back to an earlier restore point. DO NOT CALL OR CONTACT THIS COMPANY. IT IS A COMPLETE SCAM.

samm528
9/18/15

They are running one of the biggest SCAMS with the help of A search engine Giant, they are paying that Giant a huge amount to redirect any computer related searches in there search. I am telling this because, I used to work with GuruAid, If anyone from US and UK searches for any computer related query like ''how to install a antivirus, how to remove a software or Any antivirus software's tech support number'' the partnered search engine will show first 4 or 5 result pointing GuruAid website. or show GuruAid toll-free number as some other company's number.
For further reference please refer some web links
1) Microsoft community : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-security/is-guruaid-a-legitimate-microsoft-certified-tech/325f8266-7b8c-4386-a159-3983a1a71899?auth=1
2) From YouTube A pissed of customer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrLObI8UPPI
3) http://blog.mitechmate.com/guruaid-com-manual-removal-guide/

Tip for consumers: If you got connected to GuruAid tollfree numbers disconnect immediately. Dont let them take remote access of your computer

howardb38
9/13/15

We got real professional to try to fix our computer. GuruAid stayed in the game for over 3 hour until they had everything on our list fixed We are so pleased. Thank you so much

phyllist14

100% help full fixing my issues
thanks

alans69
9/4/15

I could not get windows ten to install avast internet after Microsoft had had uninstalled it to fix a problem with no start menu or catana not working. I tried to install avast the next day but would not, so I went to avast website to download the licence again but no way could I get it working.
I phoned guruaid and they had it installed soon as well as tuning up my computer.

leroyn8
9/1/15

Thanks for speedy help Mr. Balaji. You were very helpful and kind.
Leroy

normand106
9/1/15

Excellent service and satisfactory completion

paulm214
8/31/15

Excellent service and polite technicians

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GuruAid staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question