US Government's NSF

customerservice@guruaid.com

50 Reviews for GuruAid

▼ Sort by: recent

7/24/14

Having seen mixed reviews before I contacted them I was unsure but went ahead, like many others I was kept on the phone for hours (yes hours) and talked into having a 'clean' in order to sorts out my computer. Yes asked the usual questions hold old are you, have you ever been to India and much more.

I was told that I could stop the download anytime by pressing on a certain logo - After almost 2 hours I wanted to stop as getting worried about possible scan - I was told I could not stop and they charged me a total of £119.99.

Having a sleepless night I contacted my bank to cancel my credit card to stop any further
possible use. Then sent a strong message to them and managed to get full rebate about 2 weeks later. So was I lucky or over worried about nothing - leave you to decide but I will keep to branded security systems in future.
possible

7/21/14

We were not impressed, we felt that the 'Senior' technician tried to frighten us in to buying their services, and after giving us some unnecessary and complicated information tried to convince us that we needed over £500 pounds of work, to be done remotely. We took his number and put down the phone at that point. We shut down the computer and the next morning when we tried again the problem had been resolved, presumably by the server. Our own virus protection told us that we had NOT been invaded by spyware as we had been told. A lot of worry for us and anxiety caused by what amounted to a scam.

6/23/14

I found the service and customer service was very helpful and cleaned up everything they said they would do with no fuss. well pleased

6/13/14

I called and said I wanted Avast fixed. The technician told me that the reason that Avast would not install was that I needed a computer clean up that cost $100. I realized then that this was a scam and hung up. During the session with the technician I found an email from registration email from Avast. After the session I just went to the registration email from Avast and clicked on the connect link and Avast works perfectly. GuruAid is just a scam to get you to pay $100 for a computer clean up. The technician didn't have any idea how to get Avast running. He was just a salesperson for this computer clean up that had nothing to do with the problem I was having.

6/9/14

they are very slow in performing requested tasks. You become uncomfortable and imagine this stall is giving them sufficient time to acquire your personal information. My request for a description of steps required to defrage my computer resulted in a discussion of how my day was going, how old I was and what kind of work did I do? When they obtained control of my computer they told me my request would require considerable time I replied that I had witnessed the procedure in the past and that it took less than 5 minutes.I had a doctors appointment and needed prompt, efficient and professional service. After 45 minutes I cancelled any further efforts by the tech rep and closed the session. The experience left me so uncomfortable that I am going to cancel my contract.

5/8/14

although I was surprised to get the call my computer was serviced with speed and confidence thank you

4/13/14

Called AVAST for technical support. Operator answered stating 'Guru AID'. I asked if this was Avast and they said they could help. Unfortunately allowed them access to computer. After an hour they hit me with charges to clean up computer. I said no, all I wanted was the Avast fixed. They continued to try and I again said I would not purchase their package, I purchased Avast for two years and they should fix the problem free. Then obtained phone number for Avast and they fixed the problem with Avast on my computer. It sounds like they now have all of the information I had on my computer. What a SCAM.

Expert Reviewer
4/12/14

Avoid tech support scams - Why would anyone allow a website other than an "official software distributor/company" "remote" access to their computer??

hxxp://GuruAid.com - an Indian outsourced technical support service company, an affiliate/owned service from hxxp://lesterinc.com

Sites has numerous internet reviews/complaints saying they are engaged in the selling or distribution of bogus or fraudulent applications (which they install/infect your computer with through remote desktop), then they find hundreds/thousands of things wrong with your computer (which they installed), then charge you a fee/subscription to fix them. Most of which can be fixed/prevented for "Free" just by "searching the problem"!

BBB Internet Complaint Information for hxxp://GuruAid.com:

"GuruAid advertises computer support services on popular online search engines like Google where, for example, its prominently featured links entitled “Customer Service for AVG” or "Support for Trend Micro" appear directly beneath the link to AVG's and Micro Trend's websites. BBB has received ongoing customer complaints stating that the composition of such ads is deceptive, as it misleads consumers into believing they are being connected to the computer or software manufacturer’s site when, in fact, they are directed to the website of GuruAid."

BBB's final comment after contacting the company to have the BBB complaints resolved - "Despite changes the company has implemented, complaints to BBB have not declined"

From the Microsoft forum:

Hoaxes and scams - "GuruAid is NOT the Official Microsoft Support no matter what they claim."

Scams that use Microsoft’s name or product names. Phishing scams often include the names of well-known companies to convince you to visit spoofed Web sites or click on dangerous links.

They represent themselves as Microsoft support and charge for a subscription. Use logmein to "fix" the computer and load it up with malware and then charge you to fix it.

They might offer to help solve your computer problems or sell you a software license. Once they have access to your computer, they can do the following:

◾Trick you into installing malicious software that could capture sensitive data, such as online banking user names and passwords. They might also then charge you to remove this software.
◾Take control of your computer remotely and adjust settings to leave your computer vulnerable.
◾Request credit card information so they can bill you for phony services.
◾Direct you to fraudulent websites and ask you to enter credit card and other personal or financial information there.

Avoid scams that use the Microsoft name fraudulently - Microsoft does not make unsolicited phone calls or emails to help you fix your computer:

You can also check their site rating here: http://hosts-file.net/?s=guruaid.com

4/12/14

BEWARE!!!!!!!!
I get annoyed at people that fall for obvious scams but i fell for this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Norton protection was playing up and i thought i was calling Norton with my issues but nooo it was these scammers.Anyway thinking am through to norton and guru are who they use for technical issues i allowed them remote access of my PC.Whilst remotely accessing my PC there were certain issues i was not to happy with but let go due to the fact that i thought i was dealing with Norton.
Anyway to cut long story short as soon as i was able to gain access to the internet i looked these folk up and panicked at the reviews.Seeing as i was now able to go online i actually got through to the real folk at Norton and explained and asked if these people were anything to do with them which of course they replied no to and gave me a reference number to state once i had contacted my bank to delete cards etc.I have managed to cancel cards thankfully but unfortunately their fraud department is shut for the night so will have to try again tomorrow to try to cancel the payment.
PLEASE DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH GURU.
They are scammers and i am amazed that they are still able to function online as such.
I am very up on scammers but this one seemed so legit as in i thought i was calling Norton.

Do not be fooled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am posting this review in the vain hope that it will save at least one person being scammed by them.

3/16/14

It was great the gentleman that fixed my computer worked about 2 hrs. He was very knowledgeable and I had no problems. Session was very long but worth it.

2/7/14

wonderful very happy! these guys are there to help so if you don't know much about computers and you want someone you can trust then guruaid are the people.
so happy i found these guys!

1/29/14

Professional and friendly help when you need it most.The technicians have the utmost patience and have never let me down.

1/19/14

I had such good service by guruaid that I extended another year. They are prompt and online remote access combined with chat is very effective and convenient. One time I was in Asia with no phone access but was still able to get my problems solved. Different technicians have different skill sets, they could be more uniform, some tend to want to eliminate all default programs, others target specific possible program corruptions-thus rate 4 stars. But the bottom line is my PC works again and with better efficiency.

1/12/14

I had a very bad experience with this company. Right now I'm trying to cancel my credit cards so they can't get into my accounts. Has anyone had this problem with them? Please let me know

12/1/13

I called looking for someone to speak with that deals with McAfee. I recently paid for the software thinking that it would resolve some issues but it did not. I notified the representative that this was my purpose for calling. She then told me they do not do the refunds part but could transfer me to someone who could help. She placed me on hold momentarily and said she could get the process started. My computer was acting up and the desktop was not loading so she walked me through the steps.

Once getting to my desktop she told me to go to internet explorer and type in "remote.guruaid.com"
The website looked fishy to me and then I started thinking.... 'why in the hell does she need to access my computer' and 'didnt she say that she doesnt even deal with the refunds.'
I kept trying to tell her that I would have to call back tomorrow because my computer was taking forever to reboot. She kept insisting she would wait on the line (which was also very strange). She placed me on hold again and I decided to Google the company. I found all these bad reviews about how its a scam and hung up the phone. She tried to call back and I did not answer. Hopefully they do not call back and I am so glad that I didnt give them any access!

Lesson Learned: Always look at reviews before talking to an unknown company!

11/12/13

This is the first thing that comes up under a search for "Itunes customer service" DO NOT CALL THEM! I asked them for a refund on an app that was a mistake that I had purchased and they tried to convince me that my IPad had a virus on it that it had recieved through my home wi-fi connection!!!!! They offier me a monthly package of $50 a month to install "lock software" on my IPad. No way! I received an actual phone number from the Apple helpdesk at https://getsupport.apple.com, and they were wonderful, they called me in a matter of minutes and were able to walk me through the steps in the settings with no charges..... it's a miracle!

11/11/13

I contacted who I thought was MacAfee to sort a refund on my autorenewal and got these guys. All they were bothered about was accessing my computer. When I queried why they need to do this, they said it was so they could sort the refund out. I explained I am a financial adviser with many client details on my system so under data protection rules, I couldn't do this, I again asked why they needed to access my laptop to sort a refund, surely all that was required was my ref. number and they can put the money back into my paypal account, at this they disconnected the call. I called MacAfee direct who told me they have NO AFFILIATON with MacAfee at all........
Absolutley, do not trust these guys at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/4/13

I thought I was working with McAfee to resolve a problem with the virus installation.
Next thing I know .I have a Guruaid on line trying to sell me a service contact. Who are these guys and are they to be trusted to take over my computer?

10/30/13

Cousin called up the guruaid guys saying screen was fuzzy and the system was behaving all weird n slow. They fixed it like new. Till date, there are no problems. Very happy…

10/7/13

This is a complete scam. AVOID AT ALL COSTS, unless you want all your bank and credit card info stolen. Don't pay attention to any of the reviews, they are all spam and untrue, and they were all done by the person. FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD!!!!

8/10/13

This company is a piece of Sh-t. The only thing they are competent at is lying and stealing your money! This company is the lowest form of competence, lower than whale sh-t and that lays on the bottom of the ocean! If you really want pain and suffering take a hammer and hit yourself in the head.

6/24/13

Great experience, totally took over my computer remotely and fixed lots of issues I had. Highly recommend

5/4/13

I have used the services provided by this site on three occasions and have been very satisfied all three times. The staff is patient, polite, and thorough. They have even initiated follow-up to make sure things were okay. My subscription allows me access to them 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so I don't have to disrupt my office or routine to carry my computer to a remote technician. I would recommend them without reservation to anyone. R. Donnell in Florida.

4/7/13

my experiences have been good learning process and the help is excellent as i am not very adept to computers yet.

3/31/13

They are prompt and helpful. They cleaned up my computer and have been available for issues that I have had.

3/30/13

as very good . The gentleman was professional and seemed to do a quality job''J Gulick
mausami nath

3/28/13

JUSTIN JOHN- work was satisfactory

3/27/13

Excellent service. All the reps are very, very patient and helpful. What I especially like is the follow-up. Once the chat is finished, they don't just disappear, but call back in a few days to see how things are going. Great customer service in a time when that is not so common.

3/26/13

i have only been a client for about a week. we are still resolving some issues with the computer and access speed but so far everyone has been very helpful

3/25/13

From the time that I first was introduced in the staff at Guru.com time I found them to be courteous, knowledgeable, and friend. Prior to coming to Guru I had experienced a computer problem with around 30 days without success. As a result of using Guru each of my computer issue has been addressed.

3/25/13

the times i have had with a computer that's almost ten years old were trying until i hooked up with GURU. the techs here have clicked in in the issues with good results and left my mind -at ease. let me also say they were very polite and quick to resolve the issue-

3/23/13

The issue was taken care of in a previous call. This time I had to call in to contact tech support. I would have rather contacted through the internet.

3/18/13

Good service - poor phone connection at first but cleared up and was pleased with attitude and results.

3/18/13

I have always been pleased with the service.

3/18/13

Every time I have contacted GureAid for computer problems they have patiently waled through my problem and fixed. Also, the staff has been very professional and curtious..

3/17/13

Every one of your technicians that I spoke to were courteous, knowledgeable, and did a great job bringing my computer back to good health. I was very happy with this experience. Thank you all very much.

3/17/13

Vikram Danene worked on my computer for hours until it was the way I wanted it. This company and his services deserve to be commended. All of the Guru people are worthy and very good in the service, and Vikram was the same only possibly a step above going the extra mile to ensure my satisfaction. Thank you Guru and thank you Vidram

3/13/13

Have had to call and have service on my computer on several occasions. Have always enjoyed the prompt and professional results and manner of your personnel.

Todays tech Harmeet Nagi is typical of your help. She is competent and polite and answers my simple (to her) questions as described.

Am happy to be your customer.

3/13/13

Extremely polite, helpful, patient and thorough. Never give up looking for the cause of problems. Very satisfied with GuruAid.

3/12/13

I don't know,yet. This is my first time. So, far the tech's. who I spoke to and who's helped me they have been very nice. I want to see how good they really are. And, the are w/ Norton Symantec. I've been w/ Norton for awhile now. So, far I trust them.

3/12/13

I want to thank Harmeet Nagi and Meera Mohideen (Tech) for the excellent service that I received on fixing my computer. They were friendly and professional and your people always know how to fix the problem. Thank you. Bob G.

3/12/13

im very appreciative of the special care and kind support that i recieved form all the technicians that ihave had the privilige to work with. they have always handle my problems and have solved them very professonally and also have always follow up to seee if the problem was resolve i will always be gratefull of the special service that i recieve and will always be a customer of guru i love them all

To Whom it May Concern:

Today was the most pleasant experience I had Vikram Davane as my tech. He as been the 1st tech that has left my CPU as he found it! He was quite conscious in his problem solving. To me he is an excellent employee!

Sincerely,
Libby Sosa
(aka Jane E. Sosa

3/12/13

Very happy with the help received. Also glad the tech. reminded me about having my computer cleaned and serviced more often. I Highly recommend this site.

3/11/13

Endless patience and phenomenal assistance persevering to remove virus, updating, tuneup. A comfort knowing they will be there any time I need more help. Couldn't have got out of the mess without them.

3/11/13

I had the worse happen to me and I got what I wanted in the services and assistance from Guruaid. I highly recommend anyone who has had crashes or virus attacks to visit this site for assistance. Chester Wilbert

3/11/13

I have had some very helpful technicians on this site today that have helped me to have my Internet working again and now I just had a very nice technician help me get my sound back. His name was Tushar Basutkar. He was most helpful.

3/11/13

My experience has been very good , the help I have been given to sort my problems can not be fault. Everyone has shown patience with me all the way. For which I say Thank You to all concerned

3/10/13

The session was held in a professional way and if you have the time and are prepared to sit infront of computer for a while, it's a great way to fix your problems.

3/9/13

Guruaid has been a great help in identifying and solving software issues. They are always available and ready to help in any way.

The Best It Support Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber