US Government's NSF

19 Business Park Drive
Branford, CT 06405, USA
Tel: 855 575 5140
customerservice@guruaid.com

People interested in GuruAid are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

joyp8

Nilesh sawant has been very polite and helpful great guy (in 30 reviews)

bartw15

I used guruaid.com and they fixed my computer problems in a flash. (in 26 reviews)

neilw25

I was very impressed with the customer service and speed of resolution of the problem. (in 30 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

michaelb247
8/27/15

Balaji thank you for all your expertise and hard work today.many thanks for your patience and understanding.

williamn27
8/27/15

5 times i phoned your company for help .. they took control of my pc... rubbish they cant sort it out ive still got the problems.. i paid £240.. what a waste of money

franklinl13
8/24/15

Don't believe ANY of the positive reviews, they are fake and it you read carefully you can tell. I needed help with a BSOD after Windows 10 installation, so I looked up windows 10 customer service since they are providing it free with this software and almost immediately an Indian sounding rep answered the phone, already highly suspicious, but the fact that he wanted my full name, phone number and email before he helped me was even worse. But I gave him an old email and my other cell which isn't actually on anymore so I'm ok on that part. I allowed him to help me get the laptop booted up into safe mode which in turn showed me that my previous system restore that failed had finally worked effectively solving my issue, however, he still wanted to be sure and wanted to have me connect to the Internet directly and allows him to "share" my screen with guru aid, I let him know how that would take a while and he promised to call back soon to finish..... then I went online and did research on guru aid... NOTHING BUT COMPLAINTS OF SCAMMERS! They are very nice and sound very knowledgeable but they are not real techs and falsely represent the other companies they pose as. VERIFY YOUR REPS! Or you may end up like others who have lost money, time and control over their own computers when connected online.

charlesr48
8/24/15

Balaji done a good job on my computer and he is nice to talk to.

timl47
8/21/15

Balaji did a great job at helping me set up my e-mail account.

thanks very much. and their should be something extra under the tree for you.

bye

kathrynd5
8/21/15

Balaji ws excellent today - he has solved my problem with Google Chrome. He was very polite and helpful

majorl13
8/19/15

Balaji did an excellent job with assisting me with my computer. He was very courteous and respectful and was patient with assisting me with every aspect of my computer needs. I appreciate the very prompt and courteous service.

stephanw6
8/18/15

Balaji was very helpfull and I will notify my friends of the Ccompany.

peterk68
8/18/15

Balaji friendly service thx 4 help

trevorh12
8/15/15

Balaji was most kind and exceptionally helpful to a very old technophobe. He cured my PC problems in a few minutes in a most polite and impressive manner. I am impressed!!!

kriss58
8/13/15

Grade A Work & Awesome Customer Service. Would Recommend Long Term Services, Its Well Worth It!!!!! Just Like My Music!!!!

Dj Killa Got Beats Review~

tobyw9
8/13/15

very excellant. Balaji Iyengar is a wonderful help and you are very fortunate to have him working for your company

craign18
8/12/15

I called late at night, as Microsoft was out of hours. Next time I have an Issue I will be sure to wait.

I was immediately concerned about how overly polite they were on the phone. I called with a question and whilst explaining my issue I was moved around between 3 'technicians', one of which was there just to explain how much money they would charge me before even trying to assist me. I questioned it and I had no option but to pay in advance, they assured me if there was no resolution it would be refunded. At £80 they stated they would 'assist and solve my technical issue and then go ahead and clean up and tune my machine, giving me the impression they had some tips on streamlining windows 10, sounding fairly confident. That turned out to be a lie, they were simply planning on cleaning my internet history, temporary files and defragging. Seriously.

Over the next 4 hours I was essentially running around in circles. I explained my issue, a fairly straight forward thing to investigate but they wouldn't take note of anything I was explaining and I had to endure them repeating a procedure over and over again despite my already explaining that it was pointless. I was then moved onto a '2nd level' technician who was even worse, slow and unresponsive and repeating the same pointless manoeuvres, he wouldn't even let me take control of the mouse so that I could click on the chat box to try to explain anything.

He clearly had know idea about the workings of windows 10, and after 2 more hours he finally let me explain how I wanted to go about solving the issue, and low we managed to fix it in a matter of minutes. Whilst I did need his assistance in that respect, getting to that point was like pulling teeth.

And the phone calls, I was on hold for an inordinate amount of time and I was even called back on my mobile from Malaysia for 7and a half minutes before I had realised.

When I spoke with the supervisor he argued that they had provided a service and completed the task, so I should be happy to pay the extortionate fee - that Microsoft would have provided for free - and he even denied that they had any offices or workings in Malaysia, despite the +60 international call prefix and the word 'Malaysia' on my phone.

I was so angry by the end of it I made them void the payment, which they weren't going to do . After another hour of debate though I finally got them to agree.

The icing on the cake was the fact that after the 3 different occasions I had given them my email and other details, they couldn't find any record of my interaction with them to send a confirmation of my voided payment, I had to send them an email personally so they could respond whilst I was still on the phone.

Flabbergasted. Never again.

This is a prime example of a company designed to take advantage of people who aren't so tech savvy. I work with computers every day as a musician and I build computers though I'm not a professional technician, but it probably would have been less convolved getting my 8 year niece to have a stab at it (sorry love).

I don't write reviews online, this is my fist. That itself speaks volumes. almost 5 hours of my life. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

johnm520
8/11/15

spent a very long time trying to solve a problem. It was not a fault on the computer after all. Very long- suffering and polite service.

cliffordt3
8/9/15

the work was done with my happiness

franr6
8/9/15

Needless to say I have entered into a world I don;t know enough about to prompt my computer to install windows 10. However, through the expertise of the technicians at guruaid.com I have my equipment back in working order. I plan on continuing to call the techs when needed and will continue with the service if so I can keep my equipment clean and serviced.

walterw17
8/8/15

I HAD A PROBLEM WITH ME E MAIL AND I NEEDED MY SYSTEM CLEANED UP.EVERYTHING WAS COMPLETED IN A VERY TIMELY AND EFFICIENT MANNER. THE TECHNICIAN WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL. THANK YOU

liberatol
8/7/15

I called GuruAid because my printer is not printing. I have Technician BBose fixed it right away. I was very satisfied with his prompt attention and get my printer working.. GuruAid is the best trouble shooter when it comes to computer matter. Thank you very much. Lee

staceyu
8/7/15

Your computer issues get fixed with very little effort on your part. Just let them do the work. Awesome job!

noels17
8/7/15

Your patience with an older person like me whose understanding is so limited .
Your style of communication was clear and concise well done

marcial5
8/7/15

It may take time but they get it done

sarahg72
8/7/15

Brilliant service, resolved my problems i had, would definatley recommended! :)

tomm940
8/6/15

As usual I am delighted to commend the work of all the Guruaid staff Suresh with the administration and Raja with his expertise on the project. Thank you all for your help again. I hope I will be able to use you againg next year. T McCormick

kostak3
8/4/15

Great service , all my issues were sorted on my laptop within an hour.
Many thanks

richardt60
8/4/15

I had a general maintenance check and clean up of my laptop today by Bishwajeet Bose from GuruAid. The service swas excellent, people polite and courtious. My laptop now runs quicker thanks to the people of GuruAid.

johnr239

please fill

once again i found the service excellent and the efficiency and politeness of vikas and bansi excellent e well done

jimh93
8/4/15

I found Guruaid service to very helpful and the people nice to work with--very friendly.

davidb315
8/3/15

thank the people at guruaid for the really good cleanup on my computer. they were very fast. dave bates

richardw101
8/3/15

They are very kind and efficient. thanks for all the help.

darlenel6
8/3/15

I have found GuruAid a very reliable, respectful company to have for your tech. support. I have used them since 2011 and I will continue using them.

lauriew17
8/3/15

Brilliant and helpful. Although, too many further clean ups with irk me as McAffe should be doing a better job.

eugenem30
8/1/15

very well satisfied with the service

daralenea
7/31/15

I called guruaid today for help getting a website. The technician was very courteous and most helpful in correcting my situation. I would reccommend guruaid to all ny friends for help with their computers.

keithp26
7/27/15

I had the pleasure of dealing with your "Farooque" today and am very pleased to say it was an enjoyable experience. My problem was solved in a very well explained way and I will certainly tell friends of my satisfaction.
Keith Palmer

brianr73
7/26/15

courteous and very, very professional, if you have a problem Guru Aid will solve it

christiner22
7/23/15

Thank you Bishwajeet Bose for efficiently resolving the issue with my computer and cleaning up and fixing up my computer. My e-mail address book is now working perfectly.

andrewr59

please fill.
Another excellent service. Vikas Singh corrected my errors very quickly and professionally.
I am well pleased. I have been a client for a couple of years.

pamw24
7/23/15

I have been with GuruAid for 2 years now. Every time I have called, I receive nothing but courtesy, patience and very knowledgeable technicians. My service today was provided by Bishwajeet Bose where I experienced the same. He accomplished all of what I had hoped. I would recommend GuruAid to anyone who needs a computer technician support. Thank you GuruAid for being there for me!

richardc111

great help thank you

rickl40
7/22/15

Guruaid took care of my viruses and my computer is running faster. I recommend them to anyone who is facing issues with their computer

williame24
7/22/15

The technician was very helpful. He explained everything he was doing and worked in a very professional manner. I would recommend him to anyone with a issue on their computer. He knew what questions to ask and had answers for all my questions.

astrigt1
7/22/15

Mahua Majumdar was a total life savior today. i appreciated all that she could accomplish for me in timely manner. thanks to her and guruaid i'll sleep better tonight.
astrig

cheryls36
7/21/15

I appreciate the tech support that I have received with GURUAID. They are helpful and courteous!

taressaf
7/20/15

I contacted them originally because I had been hacked. They have been great at restoring my computer and keeping all of the computers on our network cleaned up. Thanks so much!

lorim36
7/20/15

I've used GuruAid for several years now and they always get my computer fixed up and running well again. I'm not techie at all and with this service you don't need to be techie, just in front of the computer. I will say that you need to plan to be home for at least 1.5 hours though, as it's not a quick proceedure.

carolynb33
7/20/15

I received the help I needed in a respectful and timely manner. Thank you.

maryw108
7/19/15

GuruAid go out of their way to make sure your computer is working at its best. Very helpful staff.

roberta168
7/17/15

The tech did everything to my satification and I am pleased with the results. He corrected the problem and than checked to make sure everything was working correctly.

donaldc34
7/16/15

fsherkha took care of my problem with professionism.

robertf85
7/16/15

Problem was resolved and computer cleaned up expeditiously. As has come to be the norm, service was efficient and courteous.

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GuruAid staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Is it a scam?as some sites are suggesting
4/9/15
Answer
annen10
A: I signed up with Guruaid today. I declined the 3 year and 2 year deal so they offered a 1 year deal at an acceptable cost. My laptop is new and I didn't know how to set it up in order to get the best out of it. They did a great job, cleaned up, tuned up, set up Windows Defender and saved me buying unnecessary protection from another provider. I was very impressed with the service and very disappointed to read that some consider them a scam. I hope this is not the case.
7/13/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: i HAD SOMEONE PREVIOUSLY RUN A CHECK ON MY COMPUTER HE SAID THE TECH COULD FIX MY PROBLEMS i NEED HELP
7/8/15
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the GuruAid staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

21 Photos for GuruAid