US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jeffd40

I have been using this site for 5+ years and use it to book almost every tee time I reserve. (in 75 reviews)

anthonyc2

The golf course,The Highlands of Elgin (IL), charged $6 more than the stated tee time rate?! (in 34 reviews)

aw96

Therefore, unless you print the credit card form you will no longer have a copy of what price you booked the rounds. (in 15 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

williamc151
1/27/16

Booked on-line and ended up with 26 percent taxes and fees. Ouch!

anthonyc100
1/6/16

I think Golf now is doing what they do is because they want you to use the Hot Deals. They get 100% of the money earned from the booking. They done care about the booking fee.

mjmm
1/2/16

Has anyone else noticed the corporate greed evolving with GolfNow? They have gone from offering serious savings, to hit and miss savings. Sometimes, the golf course actually has better rates if you book directly with the course. Also, in the past, GN would have no additional booking fees. Last year they started at about $1.50 per round, to $2.50 per round half way through the season and then finished at about $3.50 per round. With the roll out of their new rewards program for 2016, they are charging about $5.00 booking fee per individual round. That's $20.00 on a foursome. If that isn't enough, the rewards program has gone from truly rewarding frequent golfers, to maybe a break even after 50 rounds to slightly ahead after 100 rounds in a year. They have gone from a service to a rip-off!

brianm173
1/1/16

As Golf Now grows a larger number of members the competition for tee times on the hot deals gets tougher. Most of the tee times are just before the rates would have gone down anyways so when you ad a booking few which in my area is up from $2 a round now $3.50 and the fact that they used to waive booking fees after 10 rounds you are paying for your own rewards with these fees and in fact are getting nothing for free. I booked the 1st year over 50 rounds and the second and 3rd year the fees were waived as customer loyalty program. This year I was down to 30 rounds and less likely to book with them much more this year. I play a lot as a single and am flexible to go last minute and in this area there are still some decent deals to be had. Golf now gets 100% of all money on the hot deals and some courses hate the golf now customers. They do not need to charge booking fees on hot deals it reeks of greed.

stevem227
12/29/15

Golfnow is downgrading their reward program. I did the math and if I were to do the same amount of bookings in 2016 I end up with half as much free golf as last year AND no free Srixon/Cleveland goods. So for the second consecutive year they’ve managed to roll out a new program lessens the incentive to use their service (last year you took away free bookings after 10 reservations). Way to go Golfnow – you’re making the competition look better and better. No wonder a few courses in the area have dropped your services.

michaeld155
11/21/15

I booked a “Hot Deal” through GolfNow.com at Moon Valley Country Club. I was excited to get the chance to golf at a course that had been up until recently a member’s only club. I paid the fee, and received a confirmation. The next day I received an email stating that “Unfortunately, the golf course is booked for the day and time at the golf now price you requested.” The message goes on to say that “The course does have additional tee times available at the time you requested but at the course rates (not at the hot deal rates).” Although I did receive a complete refund, I find this to be an unethical “bait and switch” practice, and I will no longer use GolfNow.

benjaminf18
11/15/15

It appears that the reviews on golfnow has become a forum for competitors to trash or talk down each other, disgruntled employees to revenge their former golf course employers, and every other personal situation you can think of.

josephs131
11/15/15

Tried there service three times and was totally screwed twice. First for the Falmouth CC on Cape Cod. Booked t time but had to cancel. Called the course and cancelled. One month later, was charged the full fee. Tried to resolve the issue with GolfNow who said I had to talk to the course. Called the course who said I had to talk with GolfNow. Guess what. I got screwed. Now in Florida. I thought I booked Eastwood in Ft. Myers. Turned out it was for Eastwood in Orlando. Called the Orlando course to let them know what had happened. They had no record of my GolfNow reservation. Then, same as above. I got screwed again. Shame on them the first time. Shame on me the second time. Never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

terryc48
11/11/15

On my Golfnow account it lists 23 bookings in 2015, yet the rewards page states I've made 8 bookings YTD!! Called golfnow and was informed that if I didn't book directly from the golfnow.com web page, then the bookings don't count towards rewards. Of course, hundreds of courses online booking pages immediately default to golfnow - you even have to logon using your golfnow user name and password. You get to pay all fees directly to golfnow in Orlando, including up to $4.65 extra per player to golfnow. Proof that it's golfnow - as I said , the bookings all appear in my booking history at the golfnow site. Very shady practice and fees have increased dramatically. A call to "customer service" was totally frustrating. Don't try logic, it won't work. I vowed to lessen my use of this site whenever I can work around them.

loriw26
11/11/15

Booked a tee time at a resort in Asheville but unfortunately all rooms were sold out so we needed to cancel since the course was 4 hours away. Waited 20 minutes on the phone while they called the course to cancel and to top it off they would not refund my booking fee. Do they not realize there are exceptions to the rule. Will never book through them again.

timj48
10/30/15

I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone talking to customer service which did not help with my problem . We got 3 inches of rain in about 6 hours. They gave me a voucher for another tee time which I can't use when I need to. Will not use this piece of crap service again . Beware stay away from this company !!!!!!!!

robertr142
10/25/15

Don't ever book Hot deals unless you make sure the Date,Time, Place is correct and that all the players are going to be there.. I booked a 4sumHot Deal on Thursday instead of Tuesday for a total of #169.96 That included A fee of $13.96. I called them Telling them i made a mistake!! All they could say is sorry nothing we can do. They cancelled my tee time without my request and they couldn't get it back. That was another problem. So they gave me a Courtesy credit of $170 to be used on a "One time Hot Deal". I couldn't find the same price so, They kept $34 from my original booking and charged me a booking fee of $13.96 again!!! Really are they that hard UP!!! I will never ever book another Hot Deal!!!!

ericw54
10/16/15

It took me 6 months of talking with numerous supervisors and ultimately filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau for Golfnow to accept my valid credit card. Finally an IT person at parent Golf channel realized that code need to be written to accept card. Give me a break!

joef54
10/8/15

My round of golf I booked with golfnow was not playable because of rain I called to confirm this with the golf course, I was told I would not be charged anything now 2 weeks later golfnow charged my account for "cancellation". DO NOT SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIS COMPANY

austins20
10/7/15

pissed off. started using these clowns, got a promotional for 30 dollars used 13 of the 30 dollars. spoke to two different agents and not once was i told that it was a one time deal. called again to see if they could do anything and of course they couldn't. not happy with you guys at all. last time i use "golfnow". hope your happy screwing people over. i really hope someone at golf now will see this

rickd47
9/26/15

same price at the course as the so called discount on golf now. So I paid more with the booking charge of $4.95. I complained and they just said too bad basically. I thought the benefit of this site was discounted rates??

kylew28
9/22/15

stole my money

billh90
9/12/15

Golf now is the biggest rip off out there. I joined made a tee time got to the course and the course had no record of it. This was after the representing Tatiana put me on hold to call the course which apparently did not do. Took my money and did not book my tee time. I was informed at the course that golf now does this all the time. It was embarrassing for me as I was with a client. GOLFNOW.COM IS A RIPOFF and everyone reading this should be aware!!!!!!!

brians165
9/11/15

They wont let me cancel the reservation and customer service basically said "too bad." Will never use this site again.

danc78
9/10/15

I've been seeing all of these negative reviews of golf now and have wondered what site these people have been using! The no refund policy is clearly stated.

I've been booking times with golfnow.com for the past two years and have had no problems with over 30 reservations. The rates have been charged to my credit card as posted and the courses have always received notification from golfnow.com about my reservation.

edp22
9/6/15

It is simple
Book with course directly
Golf Now more expensive and gets booking fee as well

victora31
9/6/15

I wanted to surprise my son coming home from college for the weekend with a round of golf. Saw a decent deal for Hunters Ridge Golf Course and decided to book online. After booking, the fees took the price up nearly $20. To make things worse, when my son arrived home, he was sick with the flu. I called the course and they were kind enough to cancel my time and told me they do nt charge my card until we arrive. I just checked my credit card statement and saw the total had been charged to my card. I called Golf Now and am being told refunds only given if the course is closed. The woman I spoke with "talked to her supervisor" who said they had to stick with their policy. I have been on hold for 10 minutes waiting to speak with this "supervisor". I used Golf Now several times in the past and, even though I felt gouged by their fees, still saved a modest amount. This fiasco has taken all the savings from the past.

jims148
8/31/15

Scam! Tried to cancel my reservation due to emergency. Golfnow staff tells me I can cancel but wont issue a refund because its a hot deal. DUH! Its my money and should get it back if i don't use the course. They will be sued soon.

kevinl72
8/24/15

Why does the person setting up the tee time have to pay $2 to $3 extra per person up front. I set up the tee times for my group and it cost me between $8 and $12 extra on the spot. So I either have to bug everyone else for $2 each or just pay extra for the "privilege" of finding and making the tee times.

josephg47
8/19/15

The app said I had reserved a tee time, and one was removed from availability.
I never received a confirmation, and when I called the 800 number, I was rudely told that I never made the reservation.
A manager then told me there was nothing else she would do for me.
TERRIBLE!

debbieh37
8/4/15

Spending a week at the coast in NC and booked a reservation for 4 people $160 through Golfnow.com. Woke up at 5:30am this morning for a 7:18 tee time but it's raining and lighting here so called the golf course to try and change the time. Golf course says we have to call Golfnow.com which I do BUT their Customer Service doesn't open for business until 8:00am.....wtf! That helps...NOT! Customer Service offered no alternative when I finally reached them @8:00. Just trying to change the tee time. If you want to pay and not play then this site is for you!! They're only in business to make money.... mother nature doesn't figure into the picture.

rickg27
7/15/15

Booked a tee time at a local Long Island golf course 2 days ago through GOLFNOW.com Called and cancelled the time today and wanted to know how to get the $7.98 charge to my credit card refunded. They said sorry you should have read the fine print, booking charge is not refundable even if you don't play. NOTE TO ALL GOLFERS... Call the course directly and make your tee time for a lower cost round. No since in paying anyone $7.98 to do it for you.....

stephenb82
7/8/15

I thought I was getting a discount for my brother in law and myself to play 18 at the Biltmore down here in Miami. We had 1 available day to play. I pre-purchased the tee time and thought we were all set for a good time.

We get there and they are aerating the greens. We played anyways because we had no other option other than not playing at all.

What an awesome discount! I called up GolfNow and they did not help in any way. Sorry! is about all i got.

I will not be using them ever again. I would rather pay full price than use their misleading service.

louisc32
7/8/15

Holly Ridge Golf Course ,we booked a tee time for our recent stay in the Outer Banks. For 59 dollars cart 18 holes. Well the place was a dump. The course condition were horrible. The course looks like they opened someone back yard and started a golf course. The greens ran like dump trucks. The staff mowing around the greens was bad , they did not even stop the machine to allow the player to play through. Tee box was just a small mountain on a decline or incline. Wasn't sure if I was launching or playing golf. Over all waist on money at best for out of towners it was a 25 dollars course. Just to say you played. Save your money. Pay for the better courses around. On this site the internet pics lied.

Tip for consumers: don't waste your time or money.

bobl54
6/23/15

I booked a tee time online and then found out that we had a tee time at the golf course. I cancelled the next day and the website said everything was taken care of. we showed up at the golf course with a total of 27 players and 4 weeks later i got my bill for $9.96. I spoke with the supervisor Bob and he said there was nothing he could do. It is not the 10 bucks it is the principal of the matter. Anyone that gives them your credit card is absolutely taking the biggest gamble of their lives. It is not a credit worthy company. They are trying to get rich $10 at a time. I will never use their service again and make sure our mens club is aware of what they are doing. Thanks

tracyc54
6/19/15

If I could rate lower than one star I would. Casey, the "manager" was extremely rude on the phone when they cancelled my round of golf and then blamed the golf course. There was some attempt to placate me with a $10 promo code but I spent over 4 hours over 4 days trying to get my card refunded, get another tee time somewhere else and being treated like a jerk for wanting some compensation for my time and trouble. What happened to customer service? Wow.

jima47
6/14/15

Difficult site to navigate. May advertise a $15 round but will be only one at the course at an undesirable time. All other almost twice that price.

Only used one time and when arriving at the course was informed their rack rate was even lower. They suggested always calling course before booking through Golf Now...

Peter

derekb28
6/5/15

First, I have to admit, I play a lot of golf using GolfNow. I'd say every 4/5 rounds is booked through GolfNow and I haven't had any problems up to this point. However, I drove 150 miles round trip to play a course on a Saturday morning that I booked Friday night at about 9pm. I arrived for my tee time 45min early and the owner of the course told me GolfNow had made a mistake and my round needed to be cancelled, as he had a tournament that day. I of course gave him grief and he said, "I called GolfNow 45min ago and they assured me they would call you." We worked a few things out amongst ourselves and then I waited on the call from GolfNow.

Well, it did eventually come, but not until 23 minutes AFTER my original tee time. Better yet, the owner of the club called them AGAIN when the other two people in my group arrived and they explained the situation to those people. So, at 9:45, I talked to the owner of the course again and he said they would be calling me. He called them back and told them to call me immediately.

When I finally got the call, I expressed my disgust. I told the girl who I was talking to I wanted a credit to my account and she said she would talk to her manager. This happened twice as she said no and I demanded to speak to the manager. When I got the manager, he repeated what she said, and he assured me he called me "as soon as I found out the trouble with your tee time." I called his bluff and he ignored me and said corporate would call me and that is the best he could do. I said, when people say that, corporate never calls. He promised me they would.

Guess what? No call. I sent them an email explaining all of this. No response.

GolfNow is ridiculous and I will keep calling. I don't recommend it since there are other sites that work just as well.

patrickf26
6/3/15

WORST SERVICE! I had a tee time early Saturday morning I needed to cancel due to my partner backing out. I called up golfnow support and the agent reached out to the course on my behalf. After 2-3 minutes he got back on the phone and told me everything was good to go and they agreed to cancel my reservation without any charges. Great right? Fastforward two weeks and my credit card was charged in full for the 2 rounds without warning/notice or receipt. I called up support again and they first told me they have no charges on my account and I should just fax them my dispute. Fax?! what? I asked to talk to a manager and the manager told me to call a different number for the dispute. The number she gave me was a fax # and obviously was useless. I reached out to twitter, facebook and email to get ahold of someone competent and finally received an email 2 days later saying "you need to call the course to get your money back." I said - listen, if you want me to ever use your product again I suggest you refund my money, give me a credit for the lost time and we'll call it square.

Their response:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, GolfNow cannot refund your fee without permission from the golf course. You will need to contact the course directly to dispute this charge.

We value you as a customer and look forward to assisting you in the future.

I will not ever use golf now again after this. In fact I'll fill you in on a little secret. Instead of paying golfnow 10% to make the reservation, call the course directly and have them match the price! They'll gladly do it for you as I believe most courses hate golfnow but use it as a convenience for customers. Golfnow is a company that literally provides nothing of value and is dependent on customer service - you'd think they would have much better service than I've experienced and from the looks of it many others have similar complaints. Too bad they couldn't clean it up before losing this customer!

theyoe
5/21/15

Golfnow.com stopped their rewards program of free booking fees as of January of this year. And now I booked a wrong date of which the site had led me to incorrectly and could not get my $5 in fees back when canceling the wrong date although I had booked another course for the day I wanted. I guess Golfnow.com is all about the dollar and the bottom line. This is the deal breaker for me. It is not the $5, it is the principle of an honest mistake and how easy it would be to make a couple of click and refund the fees. That is the last free $ they get from me.

joeb150
5/13/15

Wasted 2 hours of my life. "Great" t times become no longer available EVERY TIME before I get a chance to pay. $#*! you golfnow

brians135
4/27/15

If you are not 100% sure your entire party will make the tee time do not book with them. Under no circumstances will they give you a refund... I never write reviews but I feel I have been wronged like the rest of you. I say book with the course itself don't use the middleman. The course will match the rates anyways. Lets put the hurt on these guys. The courses I've talked to don't like them either,...

bobbym32
4/10/15

I have had several problems with them but when I get rained out and it is nearly impossible for them to give me my money back because I got a hot deal that is bad service! Things come up in people lives that they can't control and if they can't make their tee time that doesn't mean they should have to PAY! That is ridiculous! Then when you try to explain to them they say well we won't give you your money back but we will give you"15 days" to use your tee time. My life is extremely busy! You can't just put a deadline for me to make my tee time! Then I make a claim with a bank because I want my money back and Golfnow.com didn't provide their service the BLOCK ME FROM THEIR SITE!!!!! ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!!! Fix your policy it is ridiculous!!! I hope another site with better service puts you out of business!

tomm899
4/5/15

My first attempt dealing with Golfnow.com will be my last. I could have had much quicker service working directly with the golf course. This service actually cost me more than going direct to the course. This will be my first and last attempt in dealing with golfnow.com

basurac
4/3/15

course unplayable due to heavy rain but golfnow says golf course is open therefore no refund. Are you f' kidding me? call me a fool for using this scam.

mattn16
3/31/15

As a PGA member, I am sickened by the pushiness and arrogance of their salesman and staff. Two salesman wanted to just "talk" to us about the GolfNow product and how it would be beneficial to have it at our course. By the time the meeting was over they told us welcome aboard and people could start making tee times on GolfNow tomorrow. They also kept telling us how much our current point of sale and online tee sheet sucked. Since the their system and our system were not integrated, they said they would call us and let us know every time someone booked a tee time. Well that lasted two days and we had two weeks of people showing up that booked on GolfNow and that weren't on our tee sheet so we had tons of double bookings. We told them they caused us tons of problems, extra work, customer complaints and we didn't even want the system and to take us off their website and never contact us again.

Well all off-season they kept calling and calling and emailing and emailing to set up another appointment with us and we never called or emailed them back. Then they started showing up and I kept telling them we weren't interested and to stop showing up. Finally they got the hint and left us alone. They get 2 tee times a day from every course they have listed and they get to keep that revenue from those tee times. They usually sell them for dirt cheap just so they can get the money. They average $25,000-$30,000 per course per year in revenue plus they charge a $1.95 fee for every tee time someone books online??? It's a multibillion dollar industry and all the company cares about is revenue and padding their pocket and could care less about their clients, which are the courses and the golfers that use the site. DO NOT USE GOLFNOW. IT IS RUINING THE INDUSTRY AND IS A SCAM TO MAKE MONEY!!!

bernardoc20
3/24/15

Do not use them, you will not be able to play or get your money back, they do not honer their commitment or the contract. Their help desk is very bad and is not help.
I give them less than one start.

joes465
3/17/15

We prepaid for 3...but had an emergency and only 2 came...

They would not credit one round even for an emergency.

Total scam artists and they manager would not even be accomodating..they are total liars and rip off artists.

They take your money even if you never used the service.

DONT USE THIS, YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED.

hillardb13
3/13/15

The service at the GolfNow website has gotten worse & worse and now they have raised their booking fee to $3.49! That is rediculous. They have taken away their reward of waiving the booking fee after 10 bookings, their service sucks, and now they raise the booking fee. That amounts to almost an extra $15.00 to a foursome booking. I say we all stay away from this site.

alanh53
3/3/15

If you book through GolfNow, beware that you will be considered a no-show even if three of your foursome booked shows up but the flight of your fourth was delayed or cancelled and he wasn't able to show up. Apparently, I was supposed to call and cancel my fourth even though my flight only landed a little more than an hour before our tee time and didn't know about the others cancelled flight until then. Bali Hai golf course in Las Vegas says there is nothing they can do because it was booked through GolfNow and GolfNow says there is nothing they can do because Bali Hai said only 3 showed. The entire transaction is booked and charged by GolfNow but they have no responsibility over the transaction???? I'm booking direct with courses from now on. Terrible.

Tip for consumers: Don't

ly1718
2/20/15

Made reservations and entered in my credit card info. Once that was all done the website tells me that the time is no longer available and here are some other choices. My tee time I booked for the course was still available but for twice the amount. Crazy thing is they still took my money off my credit card. When I called to ask them what the hell was going on they said they have a glitch in the system. In order for me to get the same tee time and price that. I already had paid they said they would need to charge my card again but would refund the first withdrawal in 3-5 business days. BULL$#*!......YOU TOOK MY MONEY ONCE AND WANT ME TO PAY AGAIN?...

bobc60
2/3/15

Best review I can give is GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO BOOK your round. These people are as close to being thieves as bank robbers. IF you get the chance to make it with the course directly do it, you will not be treated very well by this golf now group. Their attorneys made sure of that.

Tip for consumers: Use another site and be much happier, any changes will not go your way

geraldh21
2/3/15

Booked a tee time (unknowingly) through golfnow because that was where I was directed by the golf course website for on-line reservations. My customer had to reschedule the round and when I called to cancel (more than 48 hours in advance), I was informed that the course does not accept cancellations or reschedules. I called the course and was told that they can accept the cancellation but I have to "go through golfnow". Again, golfnow refused the cancellation. I strongly urge everyone to stay away from this "service", and any course that directs you to them for bookings.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE THIS SITE

joel508
2/3/15

i am terribly disappointed with the "hot deals" offered from this website. Why have a website that saves me 2%? the deals are non existent. Yeah, i can come to Florida in the summer and get great deals on great courses, but the courses themselves offer those.This site has become a joke!!!

Tip for consumers: dont waste your time

allenh26
12/21/14

I have used golfnow to book several teetimes over the past few years and have never had a problem. I have gotten some amazing deals and almost always save 20-50% off regulag course rates. Im surprised to hear so many others have had issues considering that the terms and conditions are clearly stated. I only book when I am 100% positive that I will be playing rain or shine and usually never 1-3 days ahead...sometimes even the same day...for an avid golfer trying who is trying to save some coin GolfNow is the only way to go...

Tip for consumers: Why pay full clubhouse rates....when you don't have too...the longer you wait to book the better the deals...

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GolfNow staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
11/23/15
Answer
terryc48
A: I access the golfnow.com web site and pay with credit card.
11/23/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
8/4/15
Answer
rickg27
A: NEVER use GOLFNOW for anything!! Call every golf course you are going to play directly by phone, get a confirmation number if they provide one. Save the fee that GOLFNOW charges and the round will be cheaper......
8/5/15