US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

davyj

The biggest frustration I have with this site is that it will show a tee time for 1-4 people. (in 52 reviews)

anthonyc2

The golf course,The Highlands of Elgin (IL), charged $6 more than the stated tee time rate?! (in 20 reviews)

hillardb13

AND, they have a rewards program that used to waive the booking fee after 10 bookings, that has been eliminated. (in 7 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

bernardoc20
3/24/15

Do not use them, you will not be able to play or get your money back, they do not honer their commitment or the contract. Their help desk is very bad and is not help.
I give them less than one start.

joes465
3/17/15

We prepaid for 3...but had an emergency and only 2 came...

They would not credit one round even for an emergency.

Total scam artists and they manager would not even be accomodating..they are total liars and rip off artists.

They take your money even if you never used the service.

DONT USE THIS, YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED.

hillardb13
3/13/15

I have been trying for three months to get the daily e-mails for CHICAGO. My e-mail preferences is set to receive the daily Hot Deals & Deal Caddy and I never receive them. I have talked to customer support on the phone numerous times and received numerous e-mails from their IP department, each time telling me they have corrected the problem, and each time it is NOT corrected. I have been told several times that their system has been updated, they're working on the bugs. Also, now they are telling me they only send these e-mails Tuesday to Friday. How stupid is that. AND, they have a rewards program that used to waive the booking fee after 10 bookings, that has been eliminated. After using this service for many years I must say I am very disappointed with GolfNow.

alanh53
3/3/15

If you book through GolfNow, beware that you will be considered a no-show even if three of your foursome booked shows up but the flight of your fourth was delayed or cancelled and he wasn't able to show up. Apparently, I was supposed to call and cancel my fourth even though my flight only landed a little more than an hour before our tee time and didn't know about the others cancelled flight until then. Bali Hai golf course in Las Vegas says there is nothing they can do because it was booked through GolfNow and GolfNow says there is nothing they can do because Bali Hai said only 3 showed. The entire transaction is booked and charged by GolfNow but they have no responsibility over the transaction???? I'm booking direct with courses from now on. Terrible.

Tip for consumers: Don't

ly1718
2/20/15

Made reservations and entered in my credit card info. Once that was all done the website tells me that the time is no longer available and here are some other choices. My tee time I booked for the course was still available but for twice the amount. Crazy thing is they still took my money off my credit card. When I called to ask them what the hell was going on they said they have a glitch in the system. In order for me to get the same tee time and price that. I already had paid they said they would need to charge my card again but would refund the first withdrawal in 3-5 business days. BULL$#*!......YOU TOOK MY MONEY ONCE AND WANT ME TO PAY AGAIN?...

bobc60
2/3/15

Best review I can give is GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO BOOK your round. These people are as close to being thieves as bank robbers. IF you get the chance to make it with the course directly do it, you will not be treated very well by this golf now group. Their attorneys made sure of that.

Tip for consumers: Use another site and be much happier, any changes will not go your way

geraldh21
2/3/15

Booked a tee time (unknowingly) through golfnow because that was where I was directed by the golf course website for on-line reservations. My customer had to reschedule the round and when I called to cancel (more than 48 hours in advance), I was informed that the course does not accept cancellations or reschedules. I called the course and was told that they can accept the cancellation but I have to "go through golfnow". Again, golfnow refused the cancellation. I strongly urge everyone to stay away from this "service", and any course that directs you to them for bookings.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE THIS SITE

joel508
2/3/15

i am terribly disappointed with the "hot deals" offered from this website. Why have a website that saves me 2%? the deals are non existent. Yeah, i can come to Florida in the summer and get great deals on great courses, but the courses themselves offer those.This site has become a joke!!!

Tip for consumers: dont waste your time

allenh26
12/21/14

I have used golfnow to book several teetimes over the past few years and have never had a problem. I have gotten some amazing deals and almost always save 20-50% off regulag course rates. Im surprised to hear so many others have had issues considering that the terms and conditions are clearly stated. I only book when I am 100% positive that I will be playing rain or shine and usually never 1-3 days ahead...sometimes even the same day...for an avid golfer trying who is trying to save some coin GolfNow is the only way to go...

Tip for consumers: Why pay full clubhouse rates....when you don't have too...the longer you wait to book the better the deals...

keithm53
12/11/14

Used Golf now for a tee time on Monday. Monday turned out to be rainy and cold as a front came through. Called the course and it was raining. Called Golf now and was told (after they called the course) that "the course isn't closed, no refund. But I can get a credit. Well wanted to play Thursday and went to book with the credit, it doesn't work!!!! Called Golf now and back and forth, they said it works but when i forwarded the screen shot of the denial...no response. Never had this problem with Golf 18, won't use golf now anymore.

Tip for consumers: Use Golf 18

aw96
11/27/14

Golfnow is struggling with transparency issues. I have been a member since it's inception and am now not sure if integrity of the golfnow team should be questioned. They are not qualifying Rewards/Special Promotions booked rounds until we contact them each time about their errors. This has occurred multiple times this year and is unnecessary and very time consuming. The fees paid are also not displayed after you book the tee times. Therefore, unless you print the credit card form you will no longer have a copy of what price you booked the rounds. Another disclaimer they added in Q&A states that you will no longer get waived online booking fees (10 booking per year waive fees).....unfortunately, several advertisements they have are misleading and state that you are booking rounds to get no booking fees. $2.49 per player per round booking fees along with the hassles dealing with lack of professional integrity is not what golf is about. You need to be very diligent tracking all charges and promos on this site unnecessarily.

Tip for consumers: You need to be very diligent tracking all charges and promos on this site unnecessarily.

jl25
11/14/14

It is a waste of time. It will supposedly give you available tee times and then it says, no longer available, and gives you another list of supposedly available times. Choose one, and guess what, no longer available. The site will give you another list of supposedly available tee times. Choose one. Guess what ?? No longer available. Again and again...45 minutes later, I give up. Learn from my mistake. This site is a waste of time.

igoro2
11/11/14

After a friend could not make it I wanted to cancel a T-time. The golf course had no problem with it but I had to call golfnow.com since it was prepaid. I was on hold for over 10 minutes only to have a receptionist pick me up on her speaker and then drop my call. After another 10 plus minutes on hold they refused to reimburse me even though I had been a loyal member. They charge you a fee every time you book a T-time but provide you no service for it. Save the money and the aggravation and call the course directly.

anthonyb69
11/6/14

Terrible customer Service, I booked a tee time online, upon reviewing the confirmation I noticed the day was wrong. I called 2 minutes later to inform them of the error, they informed me they cannot modify a reservation, they have to cancel it and create a new one. But they have to charge me the 5$ fee again. I said since I didn't create the error I should get a refund for it.. VERY long story short and 10 different calls to customer service. I got my 5$ refund 6 Weeks Later.. Customer service reps were Rude, one even said "WE DO NOT GIVE REFUNDS!!".. However Had a great time golfing at a beautiful golf course so wasn't a total loss. Would never use these sum bags again

Tip for consumers: CALL THE COURSE YOURSELF AND RESERVE YOUR OWN TEE TIMES.. EASIER and in the end Costs less

chuckh2
11/2/14

I searched for a tee time at Stoneridge Golf Course, here in Prescott Valley Arizona, using GolfNow, and found their "discounted/special rate" was actually $5 more than the standard rack rate advertised by the course itself. I emailed GolfNow about their misleading specials and deceptive offers, and they did not respond. STAY AWAY FROM USING GOLFNOW WEB SITE. Use the online specials at your preferred courses instead for the best pricing. AVOID GOLFNOW !

kevinb107
10/30/14

If you can book a tee time online, you should be able to cancel a tee time online. And with GolfNow, you can't. You have to call GolfNow to cancel, but the fun doesn't stop there. Even though you might have called the golf course directly to cancel, GN requires that you stay on the line with their cust service rep while they call (again) the golf course to confirm the cancellation. It's kinda BS they keep the transaction fee regardless if u keep the tee time or not. It's about a 5% transaction fee...kind of salty. Buyer beware.

Nowhere in the email confirmation does it tell you how to cancel a reservation - u have to call GN.

Tip for consumers: Use it to leverage with the golf course you are interested in playing - this seems to work. They want revenue and will not turn down a green's fee that is published online. "I want the GN rate" works.

anthonyf27
10/28/14

RIP OFF! Will not refund money even though the golf course did not receive any money and the golf course had no problem with a full refund cancellation. They kept my money.

jeffd40
10/15/14

I am shocked at the bad reviews. I have been using this site for 5+ years and use it to book almost every tee time I reserve. I have NEVER had a single issue and book 20-30 rounds per year on this site.

I'm sure some of the issues are legit, but I am equally sure that many of the complaints are due to a lack of reading comprehension.

mm102
10/14/14

RIPOFF
Planted 9 holes fees/prices/tee times among 18 hole tee times/prices, deceiving the buyer (ME). No clear description that either one is 9 or 18 holes. I know the prices, thought it was a discounted rate to 'fill the tee sheet'. Well, I got filled with BS.

Crooks, dishonest practices.

Tip for consumers: stay away. Call the course.

jimp48
10/7/14

I reserved a tee time at a greens fee GolfNow said was a 59% discount. When I arrived at the course, I learned the price GolfNow charged was the regular greens fee. I was unhappy because intstead of a 59% discount it cost us 35% MORE to use GolfNow.

I contacted Customer Service and requested they refund the GolfNow fees ($2.50/player) since they misrepresented the tee time I reserved as being heavily discounted. I received a nonsensical reply that talked about some courses setting limits on how little GolfNow can charge and that didn't even acknowledge their misrepresentation of what I bought. No refund was granted, and as a result I will avoid GolfNow and use one of the other discount greens fees sites in the future.

marcr19
9/19/14

If you run into a problem with these people, do not expect them to resolve it. They are fine as long as there isn't a clerical problem, but if it happens, they are horrible. They don't deserve your business. Wait until you drive an hour to the course and find out your reservation isn't honored because of some computer glitch. They keep you on the phone and then tell you they can't do anything. They need to learn the customer is always right.

Tip for consumers: Ok unless a problem comes up. Always confirm time with the course before driving. Do not expect the company to resolve an issue. They are the worst.

jm117
9/17/14

So I was booking a tee time, then right before I paid, I checked out this review site, and saw that some were complaining about showing up to the course, and there being an outing. I called the course I wanted to play, and sure enough, there was an outing. I really would have been irritated if I had paid, booked a tee time, showed up, and couldn't play. I called GolfNow, and let them know, and they said the course did not call to inform of an outing, so that is why they never removed it. I would use golf now to book a tee time, but I would certainly call the course for availability first. Also disappointed that when I went to check out, there were taxes and booking fees, so unless you are getting more than a 30% discount, GolfNow is not worth using.

Tip for consumers: Call the course first to see if that time is really available before booking through GolfNow.

robertm147
9/16/14

very disappointed with treatment I received after being a longtime customer! Last week I booked my weekly tee time but then had to make a change. I called customer service to say I wanted a different time at same course. I was put on hold for a longtime while the customer service person called the course. He then told me he couldn't book the other time because the course wasn't answering their phone. He told me he would cancel my first reservation then would continue to call the course and try to book the other time. He said he would call me by 5pm. He never called. Now I find out that he never cancelled my first reservation as he said he would. When I called and spoke to a Golf now supervisor she told me sorry, but its not their fault and there is now way I can receive my $107 refund. When I pointed out that I was told it would be cancelled and that I am a longtime customer her response was "one thing has nothing to do with another." Not very good customer service after all!

Tip for consumers: do not pay for anything in advance! If something goes wrong with the reservation you're screwed!

calebw20
9/15/14

Took the day off to play golf and booked a tee time on golfnow at a course an hour away from my house. When I got there the course had an outing. Called golfnow for a resolution and was told they already refunded my money and would give me $10 towards a hot deal (which is actually free to them). Explained that I lost a vacation day, a days earnings, my time, and burned 2 hours worth of gas getting to and from the course. The $10 credit for a hot deal is an insulting resolution. Amazingly, they didn't even refund my credit card! Golfnow is more than a scam or rip off with poor service, it's fraud. "Go Play" really means "Go take your chances, waste a day, and we'll keep your money, we don't care".

Tip for consumers: There are now other sites offering the same tee time and booking service, check out: www.teetimes.com, www.activegolf.com, www.golfhub.com, www.teetimegolfpass.com (on the east coast).

melissab44
8/23/14

I find that although they do not have all courses listed for a given area, we have always managed to find what we need with what's given . Plus if you sign up for their hot deals emails then you may get a hot deal on the day of or next day of your scheduled tee time. That happened today. We had booked Dinosaur Trail, Drumheller, AB, and got an email today which dropped our price in half, instead of paying $48 we are paying roughly $23 with cart. Plus calling their site to cancel one booking and confirm the second was a breeze.

Tip for consumers: Sign up for their hot deals emails.

dickw20
8/20/14

This has to be the worst website in the world. It simply will not let you create an account. I can drive to the course faster than making a tee time on this site. Will never use again.

Tip for consumers: Don't!!!

toddd16
7/21/14

I booked a tee time via Golf Now for a foursome. Our group wanted to back our tee time up because we were running a little behind and we wanted to catch breakfast. I called the golf course, which will remain unnamed because they ended up making it right in the end. The golf course told me that because I booked through Golf Now I had to call them to change the tee time. I called Golf Now who is essentially a middle man, and told them I wanted to back our tee time up. They put me on hold and called the golf course. Golf Now came back and told me they cancelled my tee time. I told them I DID NOT want to cancel, just back my tee time up. They said the only opening was 2 hours later so I told the lady just to re-book our original tee time. She did so, but booked our foursome as a twosome. When we got to the golf course, they had paired us with another group because their system showed us as a twosome. It turned into a whole fiasco. Long story short, DO NOT USE GOLF NOW!!! Book directly with the golf course!!!!

frankp33
7/20/14

Just booked today, it took a few minutes the girl that took the reservation was nice and very polite, I got my reservation and confirmation # through e-mail, overall the savings were worth the few minutes of wait time, thanks

paulk73
7/9/14

Stay away from this company. Prices look cheap but after paying their online fees it ends up costing as much as purchasing the round from the course! Terrible customer service been on hold for over 30 minutes and counting because all of their employees give conflicting information about the policies of the company!

taroy
7/7/14

I booked a Makaha Valley CC in Oahu, I was mistakenly charged for a visitor rate for one player even though we are all resident. I called asking for a refund, but the lady told me that due to their POLICY, they can not provide any refund even if this was their mistake. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! Don't even bother booking tee times here.

billd37
6/15/14

Too many 9 hole offerings. Tired of wading thru your website to find 18 hole times and deals. You should provide a category in your selection process for one to pick either 9 or 18 hole offerings. Stop wasting my time on your campaign.

markp68
6/2/14

booked a tee time for Bali Hai in Las Vegas. had to cancel within an hour of booking it online.... which you can't do unless you call the special cancellation phone number. I spoke to a call service rep and they gave me a verbal cancellation #. I asked for an email cancellation receipt...they said they don't send those. (didn't feel right) I felt like I was being scammed. She said not to worry, since she just gave me the cancellation # over the phone. Fast forward, my credit card was charged a booking fee for the round which I never played. I called golf now and they said it was never cancelled and they asked for proof...I gave them the reference number and they said it wasn't in the system. They wouldn't refund the fee. Their website doesn't mention the fees or we don't send cancelation emails. Strange that an internet based company doesn't use email for cancelation confirmations. I run a business and this gives me a SCAM feeling. I'm surprised Golf Channel is associated with this business. Moral of the story...don't waste your time with this website...go to the golf club's website directly and avoid their buried fees for rounds you cancel. Poor business practices.

williams284
5/31/14

had an issue with a tee time I made thru your site.

In short, the course was closed for a tournament. I called Golfnow and was treated very rudely.

Your problem/fault and me - the customer - gets rude treatment. Totally unacceptable!

brianh80
5/17/14

Web site is terrible, unresponsive, password reset email very slow, password reset redirect doesn't work, then they lock your account. They can close my account entirely, the site is supposed to be for convenience and speed not frustration.

scotth52
4/17/14

Absolutely terrible customer service. I booked a tee time the morning of play, drove myself and a friend an hour to the course only to find that the course did not open that day. When calling their customer service the following day, they acted as if nothing was out of the ordinary and put me on hold for 10 minutes while they called the course to verify that they were closed. Seriously? As if the 2-3 hours wasted wasn't enough... they put me on hold for a fee refund? When the agent finally returned I asked how I could be assured that this error wouldn't happen in the future. Her response was basically, "I don't know." When asked how the error could have happened, she said, "that's with management." GolfNow is a great idea and offers convenience but is clearly being executed poorly (you can only blame management) unfortunately which you will only find out when things don't go well. If you can avoid it, I would at this point.

murraym30
3/17/14

My wife and I have booked dozens of rounds through Golfnow.com over the past 10 years with virtually no problems that weren't our own fault. It's a very useful service.

robertl86
2/24/14

After booking several tee times the company have me a once only discount which I took. From then on I couldn't book a tee times. Every time I tried the discount I wasn't entitled to was calculated but the booking was then rejected saying that my promotion h ad expired. I knew But it their system that showed the promotion eventhough on three separate occasions the supervisor blamed the IT but the problem remains. One supwrv I supervisor told me to delete and then reinstall the app. I d I d and received someone else nAmeane

mikeg82
2/13/14

we have been using golf now for a few years and have been mainly happy with their products. but, during the past few months, things have gone downhill. we booked a tee time for 4, used our reward for 3 and paid for the other. it cost $189. later we found out that if booked directly with the course, the cost would have been $ 99., in fact the course usually charges only $ 149. what a ripoff. they have not acknowledged our e-mail. also there reward program has now been changed and is giving people less for playing more. golf now blames their reward people, which seems t be a different group. pass the buck and do nothing. we are looking for a better alternative.

lloydc9
1/15/14

The course had two openings through Golf Now. I booked for the second. Went to course and they had no booking for me at either time. Yet, Golf Now took the money from my account and said through an email to me that there was no refund except for weather. A RIPOFF, for certain.

benm49
1/10/14

Negative reviews are not warranted. Myself and my playing partners have been using golf now for 3 years now without any issue. They have even been nice enough to refund us for hot deal rounds, which is clearly against their policy. Website and app works just fine and I have NEVER had a course lose our reservation/double book. How so many people can complain about discounted golf is beyond me. Learn how to read, then learn how to point and click. Its that simple...

tb32
12/28/13

No problem getting a tee time, but when our foursome arrived to play, the course said they wouldn't honor the golfnow price. They were nice enough to discount our green fees, but said golfnow is a scam.

richardk27
12/16/13

Am going to an all inclusive unlimited golf resort in Cancun in January. The Golf course that is associated with the hotel, had only one opening at 2:30 on one of the days we are going to be there, and they said all other tee time were taken. I was looking on Golfnow.com just to see if they would come up with a tee time more favorable, and they came up with at least a dozen for that day. I called the golf course, and they said they do not acknowledge GolfNow.com reservations and that there was definitely not tee times available. I would warn anyone depending on this site, to check further the correspondence given to the course by Golfnow.com.

jm80
11/16/13

I had used GolfNow several times throughout the past two years for golf courses down in Florida. Up until now I had never had an issue, but I understand where all these negative reviews are coming from now. After being overcharged more than 20% above the advertised rack rate (my fault for not checking), when I discovered this I called to cancel the reservation and was essentially told to go F myself from the customer service mutant I had the displeasure of speaking to. Screw me once....never again will I patronize the site.

davida92
10/16/13

It was convenient to search and make reservations via my Android phone when I visited Oahu, Hawaii. The discounted tee times were considerably cheaper than what the course charged, considering the courses in Hawaii have different rates for locals, visitors, and international residents. Played Royal Kunia and Makaha Golf Course while paying less!
One fallback was that there were limited tee times with specials.

karlr14
10/15/13

If you book a time and the weather is good, there are "some" good deals, but usually at times that I really don't want to play. I've booked twice this year, one time they did not indicate course was being aerated the same day, nor cared when I called. The other time it rained, but since course did not close, they would not refund. Worst customer service, I've ever experienced.

johnh193
9/28/13

Golf now app for iphone and ipad will not accept my email address and password. Ready to just throw the towel in and find a app that will work!!!

chitphols
9/14/13

for a site this popular they sure dont know how to train their staff in customer service!!!!
yeah sure you get a good deal on some tee time (hint SOME) but when problem occur and you need to cancel or modify your reservation!!!!! go ahead I dare you to call them directly. slow speaking operator i mean i was gona fall to sleep talking to him...if the tee time were free then i would put up with it but golfnow do charge a fee so!! in return i do expect some kind of customer service ......!!!!!!!!!!!!

marko137
9/12/13

You will understand why all the 1-star ratings are warranted once you have a problem. Terrible customer service, same issue where tee time available and then an error message pops up saying unable to reach the course. Calling their customer service team is pointless. Save the time and frustration and NEVER call them, they will not do anything for you.

tonyv11
9/7/13

Multiple horrible experiences! Reservations are either not available or there is some "error", but they take your money anyway. And if that one time out of ten that it actually makes a reservation for you, the golf courses in their database do not know when you book a tee time with GolfNow, so you may show up during a huge outing or simply double booked. I strongly advice you to do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY!!!!! Book directly with the course!! You'll thank me later

timc25
9/1/13

First time I used GolfNow was a piece of cake. Paid $17 plus fees ($3) to play a $60 course mid-day on a weekend. Great!

The next time was a waste of my time. Every course I tried to book resulted in "No communication" with the course. So no deal. I called them and they gave me the run-around. They weren't allowed to contact the course. I called the course and they said the tee time was available but at the full rate only.

I tried multiple courses with the same results.

Horrible!

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GolfNow staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Anyone else post a negative golf course review on Golf Now only to have it not published? I see tomes of glowing reviews for courses that are in terrible shape when I play them ( on the same dates of the glowing reviews). It almost looks like in exchange for offering up tee times to Golf Now, courses are guaranteed good reviews, even if there are known issues at the golf course in question.
8/23/13
douglass6
A: Golfnow sent an E-mail to me (Dec) informing me that points must be used by Dec. 31. Ok tried to find a tee time for Sat or Sun because I work M-F. Not one single location available in Tampa, Lakeland and Orlando to book. Having 6600 points that I lose, it seems more notice would have been provided to assist in using valued points (converted $88.20). Nearest course several hours away (Daytona) not happening. Contacted Golfnow and Mr.Joe Bab$#*! of customer service, (oxymoron), had me call 800-767-3574 to get a tee time, what a joke, lady on phone was of no value and promised her supervisor would call back. Hell will freeze first, never again do business with these cons.
Thanks,
Douglas Roger Sundean
12/17/11
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the GolfNow staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?