US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jeffd40

I have been using this site for 5+ years and use it to book almost every tee time I reserve. (in 80 reviews)

anthonyc2

The golf course,The Highlands of Elgin (IL), charged $6 more than the stated tee time rate?! (in 34 reviews)

hillardb13

The service at the GolfNow website has gotten worse & worse and now they have raised their booking fee to $3.49! (in 15 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

edwardr33
5/18/16

What a Joke!!!!!!! Bye Bye Golfnow rest in peace.

nelsonw11
5/2/16

I booked through golf now, went to the course and paid for the round we played the a month later was charged no show fee that was FULL PRICE FOR THE ENTIRE GROUP. Tried to settle with golf now and course but they each claimed the other owed the refund. I would give 0 but one is the lowest rating. Stay away. Don't give your credit card information to them.

bradl555
4/25/16

This is my second issue with them. First time: we got rained out- we went to the course and it get shut down before we could play, and they charged me a full price no "show fee". I tried calling their customer support line and got absolutely nowhere, spoke to 4 different people including a supervisor, spent hours on the phone, and got promises of a refund that never happened. Second time: Needed to change my reservation from a 2some to a 3some, they said they already sold the other spots and there were no more tee times available, so I cancelled my tee time and we went to another course without Golfnow. Three weeks later they charged me a no show fee. This is a horrible company: as an avid golfer I suggest no one use Golfnow especially.

tommyr14
4/25/16

This past weekend I paid on-line fees of $9.96 for four golfers with $196.00 due at the course. When we arrived for our tee time I was highly disappointed to learn the guy in front of me only paid $49.50 for his round. As it turns out we paid $2.49 more per golfer because we decided to use Golf Now... Never again.. No more booking through Golf Now for me... My advice to those still using Golf Now... I highly recommend checking the course price before booking through these rip off artist...

markn69
4/24/16

If it rains, you are screwed, and will not get your money back. What you will get is a ridiculously limited rain check that is virtually unusable.

Never again!

neals28
4/20/16

It's a bit complicated but ... I made a reservation, I gave my credit card info and was charged just the reservation fee. The next day I found the course was not the one we wanted to play, I called Golf Now to change to the other course at the facility. They changed to the correct course at a later time and sent me an email with a confirmation. At 1 minute before their office closed they sent me an email cancelling the reservation stating that the facility could not honor that tee time without giving any reason. This morning my bank account was overdrawn because they charged me the full amount for all 3 players without receiving my authorization. They claim they issued a refund , but you know how banks are.....quick to take money out, slow to put it back in. They ( Golf Now) did nothing to compensate me for the overdraft fees or any type of an apology. NEVER AGAIN!!!

rancep
4/19/16

I was going to book a Hot Deal for 30 dollars. Upon checking out I noticed a $6.60 Convenience Fee and Sales Tax (Estimated) added on. 22 percent?????? Golfnow could at least add a little lube with that fee for my convenience.

julieh102
4/13/16

I booked tee times in Fort Myers thru golf logix who uses golf now, was given a $36. Rate but charged $41, was told I would get a 20% discount I did not receive. The charge I checked out with was $103. Was actually charged $166. Will not use them again.

michaelb336
4/7/16

Be prepared to play in the rain or any other horrid weather conditions or you won't get your money back.

jayk57
4/1/16

I was given a golfnow gift card as a Christmas present. I was elated - however, now that I'm actually trying to use it I'm finding that one in particular (Sherrill Park - near Dallas) refused to accept. At least do your homework and call the course for confirmation even if it is listed on the Golfnow web page.

richc34
3/22/16

Most of the course green fees are not discounted.....lot of them pay more through GOLF NOW.COM

greggn1
3/13/16

Other sites have cheaper service fees. Easier to call course and save this fee. Used to be good 3 years ago. Not anymore. Look at all the complaints. There site has come and gone.

johna482
3/9/16

Everyone who works in the orlando office knows its a scam; a very hard job. Their technology and customer service is crap They only sell their trade times..

kith6
3/8/16

The problem starts with their website. Firstly there are no great deals as they advertise. But when I hit the back button on my phone it kept on taking me to a different location. It wasn't until after I booked 1 round in Florida while I was in Arizona that the problem occurred. I could not figure out how to delete the ground on their website and figured I would take care of it when I got back to Colorado. It was quite a surprise to see the $180 charge on my card when I got home. I thought all I was going to have to call them about was the $5 booking fee. They would not refund my $180 even though I was clear across the country. I would have been happy to let them have their booking fee but not be charged for the round. I wish I would have found this site before so that I would have been wise to them. Please do not do business with Golf now.

lons23
2/25/16

Prior to finalizing purchase I called the course whose fee undercut golf now gy $11. I did not knowingly complete the online purchase and therefore did not audit my tee time which was mistakenly input for the following month. Somehow the transaction was completed. So I was unknowingly an inadvertent no show. Golf now directed me to call the course to approve charge reversal. I blame golf myself for input error and GN for failing to provide email confirmation for costly tee times for error correction.

andyv12
2/22/16

I purchased two deals from deal caddy for $198. They were never able to be used and expired. I thought Golfnow would do the correct thing and at least give me a voucher for the unused vouchers. They fooled me so shame on them.They will never get my or any of my friends business again. POS company

Tip for consumers: Don't expect them to do the right thing

heathere14
2/11/16

Colony Glades, Cannot tell fairways from greens. Rough shape. No sand traps. All over grown and filled in. Poor greens. Lots of repairs. Only one washroom. Only saw refreshment cart once PSA

terryo19
2/10/16

Booked a course in Florida online with GolfNow. Received a confirmation that my card would immediately be charged $2.95 - which it was - and the balance of the fee paid at the club when I arrived. The course charged me the full price and GolfNow game me some vague explanation that it was not their responsibility.
Instead of booking through GolfNow I would recommend using them for research but book directly with the club and same a couple bucks.

williamc151
1/27/16

Booked on-line and ended up with 26 percent taxes and fees. Ouch!

anthonyc100
1/6/16

I think Golf now is doing what they do is because they want you to use the Hot Deals. They get 100% of the money earned from the booking. They done care about the booking fee.

mjmm
1/2/16

Has anyone else noticed the corporate greed evolving with GolfNow? They have gone from offering serious savings, to hit and miss savings. Sometimes, the golf course actually has better rates if you book directly with the course. Also, in the past, GN would have no additional booking fees. Last year they started at about $1.50 per round, to $2.50 per round half way through the season and then finished at about $3.50 per round. With the roll out of their new rewards program for 2016, they are charging about $5.00 booking fee per individual round. That's $20.00 on a foursome. If that isn't enough, the rewards program has gone from truly rewarding frequent golfers, to maybe a break even after 50 rounds to slightly ahead after 100 rounds in a year. They have gone from a service to a rip-off!

brianm173
1/1/16

As Golf Now grows a larger number of members the competition for tee times on the hot deals gets tougher. Most of the tee times are just before the rates would have gone down anyways so when you ad a booking few which in my area is up from $2 a round now $3.50 and the fact that they used to waive booking fees after 10 rounds you are paying for your own rewards with these fees and in fact are getting nothing for free. I booked the 1st year over 50 rounds and the second and 3rd year the fees were waived as customer loyalty program. This year I was down to 30 rounds and less likely to book with them much more this year. I play a lot as a single and am flexible to go last minute and in this area there are still some decent deals to be had. Golf now gets 100% of all money on the hot deals and some courses hate the golf now customers. They do not need to charge booking fees on hot deals it reeks of greed.

stevem227
12/29/15

Golfnow is downgrading their reward program. I did the math and if I were to do the same amount of bookings in 2016 I end up with half as much free golf as last year AND no free Srixon/Cleveland goods. So for the second consecutive year they’ve managed to roll out a new program lessens the incentive to use their service (last year you took away free bookings after 10 reservations). Way to go Golfnow – you’re making the competition look better and better. No wonder a few courses in the area have dropped your services.

michaeld155
11/21/15

I booked a “Hot Deal” through GolfNow.com at Moon Valley Country Club. I was excited to get the chance to golf at a course that had been up until recently a member’s only club. I paid the fee, and received a confirmation. The next day I received an email stating that “Unfortunately, the golf course is booked for the day and time at the golf now price you requested.” The message goes on to say that “The course does have additional tee times available at the time you requested but at the course rates (not at the hot deal rates).” Although I did receive a complete refund, I find this to be an unethical “bait and switch” practice, and I will no longer use GolfNow.

benjaminf18
11/15/15

It appears that the reviews on golfnow has become a forum for competitors to trash or talk down each other, disgruntled employees to revenge their former golf course employers, and every other personal situation you can think of.

josephs131
11/15/15

Tried there service three times and was totally screwed twice. First for the Falmouth CC on Cape Cod. Booked t time but had to cancel. Called the course and cancelled. One month later, was charged the full fee. Tried to resolve the issue with GolfNow who said I had to talk to the course. Called the course who said I had to talk with GolfNow. Guess what. I got screwed. Now in Florida. I thought I booked Eastwood in Ft. Myers. Turned out it was for Eastwood in Orlando. Called the Orlando course to let them know what had happened. They had no record of my GolfNow reservation. Then, same as above. I got screwed again. Shame on them the first time. Shame on me the second time. Never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

terryc48
11/11/15

On my Golfnow account it lists 23 bookings in 2015, yet the rewards page states I've made 8 bookings YTD!! Called golfnow and was informed that if I didn't book directly from the golfnow.com web page, then the bookings don't count towards rewards. Of course, hundreds of courses online booking pages immediately default to golfnow - you even have to logon using your golfnow user name and password. You get to pay all fees directly to golfnow in Orlando, including up to $4.65 extra per player to golfnow. Proof that it's golfnow - as I said , the bookings all appear in my booking history at the golfnow site. Very shady practice and fees have increased dramatically. A call to "customer service" was totally frustrating. Don't try logic, it won't work. I vowed to lessen my use of this site whenever I can work around them.

loriw26
11/11/15

Booked a tee time at a resort in Asheville but unfortunately all rooms were sold out so we needed to cancel since the course was 4 hours away. Waited 20 minutes on the phone while they called the course to cancel and to top it off they would not refund my booking fee. Do they not realize there are exceptions to the rule. Will never book through them again.

timj48
10/30/15

I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone talking to customer service which did not help with my problem . We got 3 inches of rain in about 6 hours. They gave me a voucher for another tee time which I can't use when I need to. Will not use this piece of crap service again . Beware stay away from this company !!!!!!!!

robertr142
10/25/15

Don't ever book Hot deals unless you make sure the Date,Time, Place is correct and that all the players are going to be there.. I booked a 4sumHot Deal on Thursday instead of Tuesday for a total of #169.96 That included A fee of $13.96. I called them Telling them i made a mistake!! All they could say is sorry nothing we can do. They cancelled my tee time without my request and they couldn't get it back. That was another problem. So they gave me a Courtesy credit of $170 to be used on a "One time Hot Deal". I couldn't find the same price so, They kept $34 from my original booking and charged me a booking fee of $13.96 again!!! Really are they that hard UP!!! I will never ever book another Hot Deal!!!!

ericw54
10/16/15

It took me 6 months of talking with numerous supervisors and ultimately filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau for Golfnow to accept my valid credit card. Finally an IT person at parent Golf channel realized that code need to be written to accept card. Give me a break!

joef54
10/8/15

My round of golf I booked with golfnow was not playable because of rain I called to confirm this with the golf course, I was told I would not be charged anything now 2 weeks later golfnow charged my account for "cancellation". DO NOT SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIS COMPANY

austins20
10/7/15

pissed off. started using these clowns, got a promotional for 30 dollars used 13 of the 30 dollars. spoke to two different agents and not once was i told that it was a one time deal. called again to see if they could do anything and of course they couldn't. not happy with you guys at all. last time i use "golfnow". hope your happy screwing people over. i really hope someone at golf now will see this

rickd47
9/26/15

same price at the course as the so called discount on golf now. So I paid more with the booking charge of $4.95. I complained and they just said too bad basically. I thought the benefit of this site was discounted rates??

kylew28
9/22/15

stole my money

billh90
9/12/15

Golf now is the biggest rip off out there. I joined made a tee time got to the course and the course had no record of it. This was after the representing Tatiana put me on hold to call the course which apparently did not do. Took my money and did not book my tee time. I was informed at the course that golf now does this all the time. It was embarrassing for me as I was with a client. GOLFNOW.COM IS A RIPOFF and everyone reading this should be aware!!!!!!!

brians165
9/11/15

They wont let me cancel the reservation and customer service basically said "too bad." Will never use this site again.

danc78
9/10/15

I've been seeing all of these negative reviews of golf now and have wondered what site these people have been using! The no refund policy is clearly stated.

I've been booking times with golfnow.com for the past two years and have had no problems with over 30 reservations. The rates have been charged to my credit card as posted and the courses have always received notification from golfnow.com about my reservation.

edp22
9/6/15

It is simple
Book with course directly
Golf Now more expensive and gets booking fee as well

victora31
9/6/15

I wanted to surprise my son coming home from college for the weekend with a round of golf. Saw a decent deal for Hunters Ridge Golf Course and decided to book online. After booking, the fees took the price up nearly $20. To make things worse, when my son arrived home, he was sick with the flu. I called the course and they were kind enough to cancel my time and told me they do nt charge my card until we arrive. I just checked my credit card statement and saw the total had been charged to my card. I called Golf Now and am being told refunds only given if the course is closed. The woman I spoke with "talked to her supervisor" who said they had to stick with their policy. I have been on hold for 10 minutes waiting to speak with this "supervisor". I used Golf Now several times in the past and, even though I felt gouged by their fees, still saved a modest amount. This fiasco has taken all the savings from the past.

jims148
8/31/15

Scam! Tried to cancel my reservation due to emergency. Golfnow staff tells me I can cancel but wont issue a refund because its a hot deal. DUH! Its my money and should get it back if i don't use the course. They will be sued soon.

kevinl72
8/24/15

Why does the person setting up the tee time have to pay $2 to $3 extra per person up front. I set up the tee times for my group and it cost me between $8 and $12 extra on the spot. So I either have to bug everyone else for $2 each or just pay extra for the "privilege" of finding and making the tee times.

josephg47
8/19/15

The app said I had reserved a tee time, and one was removed from availability.
I never received a confirmation, and when I called the 800 number, I was rudely told that I never made the reservation.
A manager then told me there was nothing else she would do for me.
TERRIBLE!

debbieh37
8/4/15

Spending a week at the coast in NC and booked a reservation for 4 people $160 through Golfnow.com. Woke up at 5:30am this morning for a 7:18 tee time but it's raining and lighting here so called the golf course to try and change the time. Golf course says we have to call Golfnow.com which I do BUT their Customer Service doesn't open for business until 8:00am.....wtf! That helps...NOT! Customer Service offered no alternative when I finally reached them @8:00. Just trying to change the tee time. If you want to pay and not play then this site is for you!! They're only in business to make money.... mother nature doesn't figure into the picture.

rickg27
7/15/15

Booked a tee time at a local Long Island golf course 2 days ago through GOLFNOW.com Called and cancelled the time today and wanted to know how to get the $7.98 charge to my credit card refunded. They said sorry you should have read the fine print, booking charge is not refundable even if you don't play. NOTE TO ALL GOLFERS... Call the course directly and make your tee time for a lower cost round. No since in paying anyone $7.98 to do it for you.....

stephenb82
7/8/15

I thought I was getting a discount for my brother in law and myself to play 18 at the Biltmore down here in Miami. We had 1 available day to play. I pre-purchased the tee time and thought we were all set for a good time.

We get there and they are aerating the greens. We played anyways because we had no other option other than not playing at all.

What an awesome discount! I called up GolfNow and they did not help in any way. Sorry! is about all i got.

I will not be using them ever again. I would rather pay full price than use their misleading service.

louisc32
7/8/15

Holly Ridge Golf Course ,we booked a tee time for our recent stay in the Outer Banks. For 59 dollars cart 18 holes. Well the place was a dump. The course condition were horrible. The course looks like they opened someone back yard and started a golf course. The greens ran like dump trucks. The staff mowing around the greens was bad , they did not even stop the machine to allow the player to play through. Tee box was just a small mountain on a decline or incline. Wasn't sure if I was launching or playing golf. Over all waist on money at best for out of towners it was a 25 dollars course. Just to say you played. Save your money. Pay for the better courses around. On this site the internet pics lied.

Tip for consumers: don't waste your time or money.

bobl54
6/23/15

I booked a tee time online and then found out that we had a tee time at the golf course. I cancelled the next day and the website said everything was taken care of. we showed up at the golf course with a total of 27 players and 4 weeks later i got my bill for $9.96. I spoke with the supervisor Bob and he said there was nothing he could do. It is not the 10 bucks it is the principal of the matter. Anyone that gives them your credit card is absolutely taking the biggest gamble of their lives. It is not a credit worthy company. They are trying to get rich $10 at a time. I will never use their service again and make sure our mens club is aware of what they are doing. Thanks

tracyc54
6/19/15

If I could rate lower than one star I would. Casey, the "manager" was extremely rude on the phone when they cancelled my round of golf and then blamed the golf course. There was some attempt to placate me with a $10 promo code but I spent over 4 hours over 4 days trying to get my card refunded, get another tee time somewhere else and being treated like a jerk for wanting some compensation for my time and trouble. What happened to customer service? Wow.

jima47
6/14/15

Difficult site to navigate. May advertise a $15 round but will be only one at the course at an undesirable time. All other almost twice that price.

Only used one time and when arriving at the course was informed their rack rate was even lower. They suggested always calling course before booking through Golf Now...

Peter

9 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GolfNow staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question