US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

omitg

Their selection of frames was good; and my emails to customer service were always answered promptly. (in 21 reviews)

annies35

Again, my order arrived quickly and my glasses are beautiful and the prescription is correct. (in 41 reviews)

ettal

My only complaint is having to wait 3 weeks for my glasses. (in 6 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

mortonr15
4/25/16

I was all set to join the crowd and give then a 1 star rating. It took a month and 3 days to get the glasses, but the prescription was right on the money. Yes, their customer service stinks at best. When the prescription is wrong, you need to take them back to your eye doctor and get a note that the prescription is wrong and then they give you back your money. On the 7 pairs that I have bought for myself and my wife over the past year, only 1 out of the 7 had the wrong rx. I eventually got my money back. They only give you a 1 month guarantee and after that, don't expect to get any satisfaction. I broke a frame just by cleaning the lenses and they were less than 5 months old. Their anti-scratch protection is not worth a cent, as the lenses scratch easily. So don't spring for that extra $14.95.
On the plus side their lenses and frames are cheap and they have a great selection. But as the adage says "You get what you pay for", so don't expect quality. I probably will not be doing business with them again. And neither should you!

iank16
4/21/16

AVOID, terrible experience with this company. They charged me more than the total. Then argued with me about it. BAD customer service. You GET what you pay for. Not worth saving a few dollars.

jacquelinew23
4/14/16

Ordered large aviator glasses and received small! Not suitable at all. Also showed a ray ban logo on the glasses on website but when they came no logo. Could have bought the same from a popular High street store for £2 in the correct size and saved myself £28 (including postage)

jamiew37
3/28/16

EDIT--DOWN TO 3 STARS: I posted on glassesshop's website to review these glasses, and gave them 4 stars with a very brief rundown of the experience below. Checked the site a few days later, and glassesshop switched it to 5 stars and edited out some of the customer service critique. Lying about or modifying customer reviews is no bueno in my book, and there are plenty of other honest sites to order from out there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ordered from the "first pair free" deal on 3/12/16. I ordered from 2 online glasses stores for the first time ever within a couple days of each other. The other place, I ended up placing an order, receiving the order, then placing a second order after liking my glasses, and receiving order #2 in the mail in the same amount of time it took glassesshop to send me 1 order of no-frills, single vision glasses.

I had contacted customer service on 3/22 to check the status, as online it showed my order status had been "sent to sorting facility" (in MI) for the past 5 days. I was told on 3/22 the glasses would arrive in Michigan in 2-3 days, and then would be shipped to me. On 3/28, my online order showed my pair still en route to MI, and no sign of it shipping to me. Today (3/28, 16 days after placing the order), I checked my mail and my glassesshop order was in there, and probably had been there for a couple days. It had actually been shipped from MI on 3/21, but nothing in their system had been updated to reflect this, and customer service didn't seem to have any idea. While customer service was friendly, the process was disorganized and they did not seem to know the true status of my order.

The glasses:
The glasses are actually incredible. They are higher quality than the other site I ordered from (and had been pleased with.) The lenses are clear, there is no eye strain whatsoever, the frames are durable, and look better than pictured online. There is a BOGO sale that ends today. Truthfully, if they had arrived here sooner, I would have put my second order in with glassesshop instead of the other company, even though glassesshop is a few bucks more, even with the BOGO. At this point, I don't need any more pairs. In the future, I would order again, as long as I did not mind being "in limbo" with the order status and there was another BOGO sale.

The glasses themselves, I would give 5+ stars. It's the lack of correct order status, customer service not knowing my true order status, and the (relatively) longer shipping time that knocks my overall rating to a 4. The fact that they were free and I only had to pay $9.90 for handling/shipping makes it a sweeter deal, and a great way to hook in new customers like myself. I'd say it's worth giving it a try, especially if you can take advantage of the first pair being free to test it out.

Tip for consumers: Definitely try the first pair free deal (limited selection.) If you don't find any there that you like, you can also use this coupon code at checkout for 50% off any frames. Basic lenses are free.

50% off frames coupon code: INVOUWCD9X2JL

ashleyr63
2/23/16

I ordered 2 pair of glasses and only 1 was shipped to me and they have me running around asking the post office if the item was shipped!!! They were never sent to me!!! Such a hassle. I will never order from them again and will warn anyone that wants to order from them!!!

kelleyg14
2/15/16

This is my second time buying progressive lens from GlassesShop.com. I am very impressed of their products and service. The glasses are far beyond my expectation because they look much better than the pictures show. The prescription is perfectly right and comfortable to wear.

Once I was unintentionally placed another pair which was exactly the same as the first pair, and I realized it the other days. I immediately contact their customer service trying to cancel either of them, and they finally managed to solve my issue. They are a great site and I will definitely come back again later.

robyno2
1/8/16

I ordered my glasses, online and when I went to go see the process, I noticed my order had been removed and my order number "no longer exists" so I called in to see what the problem was, as my money was never returned - no contact had been made in any way. The rep I had first off said that the order wasnt posted to my account cause it was just made yesterday, then came back and said it was because I needed to update my -- her cellphone started going on in the background "hold on" before i could say okay - she put me on hold for a minute or two -- when she came back "you need to update your PD" no hello, thanks for holding... I update my PD and she assures me this up post my order. My order still hasnt posted and my order number still doesnt exist anymore... I am currently waiting to hear back from customer service.

amidt
1/8/16

I ordered a pair of cat eye glasses. It was easy. I just needed to fill in my prescription and pupil measurement. My order took a few weeks to arrive at such an amazing price I was willing to wait. I loved my first pair of glasses so much that I purchased a second pair.

anthonye23
12/22/15

I broke my glasses and needed a new pair. I've used Coastal.com for glasses before but wanted to see what else was out there. I ordered 2 pairs, one from Glassesshop.com & one from Zennioptical.com. Both orders were placed on the same day with expedited shipping. Zennioptical arrived a few days later and I was happy with my glasses. I emailed glasseshop after 2 days to ask about my order. I got a reply that my order was being shipped a day later. When I received my glasses they weren't the thin lenses I had ordered. When I emailed them, they said they take the glasses back for a 50% refund. That really upset me. I felt that my order wasn't a priority until I emailed them, so my order specifics most likely got overlooked as they tried to rush it. They had some frames I liked, but I'm not going to buy from them again. Customer service was terrible and their turnaround (with expedited shipping) was subpar. There are other places to order glasses and I suggest you do yourself a favor and order from somewhere else.

helenah4
11/30/15

“In what I can only describe as a truly horrible experience with GlassesShop, I will begin by saying I will never place an order with this company again. In the past, as a repeat customer, I have received my glasses within two weeks of the order date. If you have any concerns, it is best to call them between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. and most likely you will reach a customer service representative by the name of TASHA who claims to be responsible for all outgoing orders. During our initial phone conversation, TASHA indicated that she is responsible for over 1800 outgoing orders daily. She claims responsibility for all shipping labels printed on orders. When my order was placed on the 16th of November, I received an email shortly thereafter that my order was being processed. Fast forward to November 30th and I still have not received my glasses. I called the toll free number and at that time TASHA explains that although she is responsible for all outgoing orders, she is not to blame for my apartment number being left off my order. All of my contact information is in my account with this company and has been for my previous two orders. TASHA then explains that my missing glasses are on their way back to the company and I will most likely have to pay to have them reshipped back to me. As a customer, I wasnt happy to hear this at all. To make matters worse, my call was forwarded to a call center supervisor named BRIDGET, who was even nastier and more "hands-off" and quite irritable an made me feel like I had no reason to ask where my glasses were and couldnt understand or care less about why I would have a problem with repaying shipping fees to have my order properly shipped back to me. BRIDGET blamed the entire mistake on USPS.
When I called the postal service, it was explained to me that the mistake was most likely made by the company and had a screenshot of my actual package that had no apartment number on it. So, when I call GlassesShop again, TASHA answers the phone and her behavior, demeanor and professionalism wasnt anything any customer should have to go through. It was one of the worst customer service experiences Ive ever encountered. I did manage to tell her that I wasnt going to pay AGAIN to have my glasses shipped to me, and when I insisted on speaking to BRIDGET again, I was told she was in a meeting, to which I responded "I will hold". At the time of this posting, I am still on hold for BRIDGET and have been for the past 45 minutes. Who knows if I will ever get my order. After this, I will never place an order with this company again and encourage others not to as well.”

nyleaj
11/20/15

I ordered my glasses from them 11/02/15 they got back to me saying something is wrong with my prescription. I had to send them a picture of it and I thought everything would be handled and it would be sent out. But no then I had to wait and received a call from them ok that's was done. 11/15/15 I still had no glasses or a tracking number nothing. So I sent them a very kind email asking when I would receive a tracking. She sent an email back on 11/16/15 saying that they had been shipped out that day and to wait 1-2 business days for the tracking number. It is now 11/20/15 and I still haven't received a tracking order so I go on the site to see if I could get it from there and there it was. I clicked and tracked it and everything she told me about it being shipped was a lie. It didn't get shipped out until yesterday 11/19/15. No one knows how mad I was it just didn't make any sense for a company to lie about the shipping date. Never ordering from here again.

katien10
10/26/15

I ordered a pair of glasses using the perscription I received from my eye doctor (which hasn't changed in over 10 years). When my glasses arrived one lens was accurate the other was off slightly on the perimeter causing blurriness when I scanned the room or walked. I let them know immediately. They asked that I send them a copy of the perscription and I did. They agreed it was entered correctly but in order to get a refund I had to go to my eye doctor to test the glasses and prove one lens was wrong. If I was going to have to go to my eye doctor for glasses I would have bought them at his glasses shop. I was skeptical about ordering perscription glasses online and unfortunately they met that skepticism with poor service. At the end on the day, I will be ordering a pair of glasses through a local place and I doubt I will ever see the money I spent at this place. Shame on me for not reading more reviews before ordering.

mylesl13
10/17/15

Received my glasses today. They look great and fit perfectly but they aren't computer glasses I ordered. They are distance glasses. Too bad too because I wanted to get some progressives next but won't do it now. I'm done with these folks if they can't get my first order correct.

bryand34
10/7/15

I ordered on September 3rd it is now October 7 and still no glasses. On September 17th I paid an extra 11.00 to expedite the shipping and still no glasses this company is a joke and I am not laughing. Don't waste your time and money.

rosen107
10/1/15

I ordered (and was charged immediately) this at the beginning of the month. Never got a tracking or shipping email. After 2 weeks of waiting, I decided to send them an email. They replied saying it was just shipped from their Jersey office, and gave me a tracking number. Took a week to have a real confirmation/working tracking number. It was disappointing because I thought it would come in before my boyfriend left to Africa for work. But it didn't. Anyways it finally arrived in 4 weeks. So if you are willing to wait 4 weeks to get a pair of cheap, made in China glasses, this is the place for you. Otherwise, Stay away from this fraudulent site.

normah9
9/25/15

This company has been the worst service I have ever ordered from. It has been over 2 weeks and my order has not been shipped. When I call customer the best answer they can give is that they are waiting for my glasses to arrive to their office, then be shipped to me. It sounds as if I am calling someone's home. The manager was completely apathetic. I was told to cancel an order that had not been shipped to me would charge at % restocking fee..for an item that has been been completed or shipped. The dates on when I should expect my glasses continues to move further -out by business days each time I call. The absolute worst company to buy from

loish10
9/4/15

I love your glasses, I was disappointed when one of my pairs broke, because I loved them

carlosp23
8/28/15

I placed my order on 8/13/15. Today is the 8/28/15, I was just informed by email that my glasses did not pass quality inspection. I was informed after 2 emails. Up to this point no one could contact me and let me know. Never again will I use there poor services.

gv23
8/13/15

It's the fourth time i bought glasses and it's still a pleasure. Very fast and high quality glasses. Thanks.

sf47
8/8/15

I've purchased from GlassesShop about 5 times, ordering at least two pairs of glasses every time. The glasses are inexpensive to begin with and you can always find a sale for 20-30% off, free shipping, BOGO, etc. On average I've paid $20 or less for each frame/lense. I've gotten some truly excellent frames as well as some fun lighter weight plastic frames that aren't likely to stand the test of time, but for $15-20 I'm happy to consider them a seasonal accessory. Having spent so much time on the site I'm pretty well able to determine which frames will be sturdiest before I make a purchase.

I've dealt with customer service several times and have always gotten a prompt reply; I've even gotten coupon codes in response to a very minor complaint about my order shipment. The only issue I've had is ordering glasses that don't fit because I forgot to check the frame size before purchasing. I've never made an attempt to return—this happened 2, maybe 3 times—because it seemed like more trouble than it was worth for how cheap the frames were. Just make sure to measure the size of a frame you like as a comparison when purchasing!

robynh6
7/29/15

I ordered a pair of glasses from this website. Very user friendly site and easy ordering process. The glasses came pretty quickly and are just as I ordered. Awesome value! I will be purchasing from them again and would recommend this site to anyone!!

joano10
7/28/15

Ordered a pair of single vision glasses on July 2 and was told "4-8" days to receive them. On July 14 I emailed them, as I hadn't received them no reply. On July 16 I emailed them, no reply. I filed a Paypal dispute and I got a reply from them saying they were sorry but I would be getting the glasses in 3 to 4 days and to remove the dispute. I'm not that stupid. On July 20 I got another email asking me to remove the dispute saying they would arrive in "3-4 days". On July 28 I got another email saying they were sorry but they would refund my money as soon as possible, probably in a week. I escalated the Paypal dispute to a claim for my money back. This is the worse company I have ever dealt with. They don't answer the phone or emails, unless you file a complaint with Paypal. AVOID THEM there are plenty others out there like Zenni or Coastal that are reputable

kjartanm
7/27/15

My experience after ordering my third pair of glasses from GlassesShop.com is very god!
I'm happy with the quality, low prices and free delivery in less then 14 days.
Recommended!

- Kjartan

mariam160
7/24/15

I used to wear my regular glasses and as most 50+ people I suddenly couldn't read without taking them off. So to compensate, I bought over the counter reading glasses and would wear them on top of the other to do my crocheting and watch tv. I hated the thought of spending another $150 - $250, with benefits mind you, to get another pair of glasses. Now because the price was so low I ordered bifocals and I couldn't be happier.

fredk26
7/15/15

I bought a few pairs to try out online eyeglasses shopping. Overall it has been relatively inexpensive due to shopping the sales and using vouchers, but the results have been hit and miss.

My first pair were a basic plastic pair with no extras, from the "first pair free" offer. The optics are great and the frame fits, The style looks a bit ugly but for $9.90 shipping fee they gave me some confidence in online shopping.

From there it has been hit and miss though.

The next pair looks beautiful but the frame is flimsy and one arm was wobbly on arrival. Despite having a proper optical screwdriver kit, the build quality of the glasses is poor and I cannot shift the screw in the wobbly arm. The glasses are therefore confined to the house as a spare pair.

Another pair looked nice online but close up there are flaws in the transparent frame. Also the nose bridge is about 3-4mm narrower than specified which is too much to alter using heat, without making the shape look ridiculous on my face.

The final pair is lovely and the only one that has made the shopping experience worthwhile. It looks and fits as it should according to the listing.

I will probably cut my losses here though as the long delivery times and the limited customer service make for a very unreliable shopping experience.

cynthiah25
7/2/15

Bottom line- there are much better places to order from to get good cheap glasses, and much faster. This place took over three weeks to even get them into the country, then couldn't deliver them and blamed me for me giving a wrong address, which I did not. They tried to get ME to resolve the issue when it was their fault. They also will not refund your purchase price, so if you feel you MUST order from them, use PayPal or something, so you can dispute the charge and get your money back. Better yet, just order from one of the other online glasses places. There is one that starts with $ in the name and they are excellent. I

jessicab85
6/30/15

So I ordered a pair of glasses from this place, obviously, and what a NIGHTMARE it was!!!

First I saw that they had charged my card twice. I called and got through to someone right away and had let them know and they said that the second charge would be refunded and asked if I still wanted the glasses; I said yes and they said they would process the order. Okay, fine.
Then, about 10 days later, I decided to check the progress of my glasses - I got the standard shipping; ORDER CANCELLED. However, they held on to my money, so I tried to call and got their voicemail. I left my name, number and asked for a call back asap. 3 days later and still no answer or returned call. THREE DAYS. I sent an e-mail asking them why my order was cancelled and then sent back an automated response that had NOTHING to do with my original question.
2 weeks later and still no glasses, no communications and my order still says it was cancelled. Still, I can not get through to ANYONE.
3 weeks later and someone finally answers. I tell them my problem and they tell me they're going to straighten it out and send my glasses as soon as possible.
4 weeks later and I get a phone call stating that my order has been "on hold" for a month now, "do you still want the glasses?" YES. JUST SEND THEM TO ME ALREADY. However, since you continue to screw up, I want my shipping upgraded at no charge to me. "Oh of course! No problem!"
FINALLY, my glasses were being processed and shipped over a month after my order was originally placed. Did they upgrade my shipping? No. Did they apologize for anything? No. Do they give a crap at ALL about their customers? NO.
I will NEVER order from this place EVER AGAIN nor will I recommend them to ANYONE I know!

Tip for consumers: Just hope that you don't have any problems ordering or you're screwed!

annies35
6/29/15

I am very happy to have received my third pair of prescription glasses from Glasses Shop. Again, my order arrived quickly and my glasses are beautiful and the prescription is correct. Thanks, Glasses Shop!

jessef18
6/15/15

I love my glasses!!! It took only about 3weeks to come!! I was skeptical at first because i couldnt believe the prices for the glasses were very cheap & I'm already looking to see what glasses I buy next! Thank you so much +++++++A will always be buying my glasses from here!!

susanm130
6/6/15

The glasses arrived within two weeks and they were very nice. I wish I would've looked more closely and gotten frames with metal running through arms...but, that's my fault not theirs. They fit very nicely and I can see so well with them. The generic transitions tinting is working perfectly and I'm glad I went with that instead of paying extra for the brand name tinting. Very happy and will purchase more! I paid $60 for what would've cost me more than $600 at the Dr.'s office. Thanks!!

devyng
6/6/15

Prices are great. Selection is endless. And speed of delivery is quick!

ac514
6/5/15

Brilliant first pair of prescription computer specs from glassesshop.com. Good value and prescription spot on. Will definitely be back for more.

shandaw1
6/4/15

Well after weeks of they are there way, I finally got them and they are horrible very cheap, to small, and to top it off not the right prescription.
That girl that answers the phone needs and attitude adjustment fast. I cannot get a refund , so I am stuck with them. Folks they are out for a quick buck...DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY.....

tamishas
6/1/15

Ordered a actual prescription and got it the way i needed it!!!very happy

joshg30
5/16/15

I came into this following an ad for a free first pair of glasses and honestly didn't expect much at all. I just knew I really wanted some glasses and didn't care about the quality for only paying 14$ for a pair of prescription glasses. While it took a lot of time to get here (since I'm too cheap for expedited shipping) it came and I was extremely satisfied with my order.

cynthiar18
4/30/15

I bought a pair of glasses here, bad decision ever. they sent my order to a different location, i live in FL and they sent it to California, when i call customer service, they didn't take the blame, they said it was the post office's mistake. but anyways the re ordered it at no charge, finally a month later the glasses arrived.
The glasses were all wrong, called customer service again; nce again they said they didn't take the blame, but they said the can take it back for a refund, now is when it got ugly, they promise an easy return, yeah right! They told me that i would have to pay for shipping and pay 50% stocking fee. So it means i paid to try their product only. Buying online is a chance you wont like their product. they dont give you any guarantee. I just threw my money to the trash thinking i was gonna save money with them.

I paid with paypal, i called paypal and told them what happened, they gave me a full refund.

Please dont pay attention to those positive reviews, i guess some of them are paid by this company.

lloydb26
4/12/15

I wouldn't buy any where else

trenty
4/9/15

We are extremely happy with the first free pair of glasses my husband got! They are great quality, very fashionable & look awesome on! Very happy. :)

sarahm116
4/9/15

I was wary because of all the negative reviews, but I got my glasses and I don't think there's anything wrong with the prescription.. They aren't bad glasses since I did the first pair free deal. Cost me $19.00 total and I'm happy right now

Tip for consumers: Kind of slow shipping

vickir10
4/2/15

Good quality for the price. I was looking for a cheap pair of glasses for work. Did not need a prescription, as I will be using them for safety glasses, so I can't comment on prescription accuracy. The glasses arrived surprisingly fast considering being shipped out of China. They are a bit too wide for my face, but that was expected based on the measurements of the frame.

Overall, I am satisfied with the service I received, and will be ordering non prescription glasses from them in the future.

Tip for consumers: Make sure to check frame size and ensure they are the right size in order to not be disappointed.

marias96
3/27/15

Happy with my New glassess! !

melissao10
3/26/15

Great syles & value. Faster-than-store delivery.

mandac
3/23/15

I constantly buy glasses offline so I dubbed myself a pro at it.
Stumbled upon GlassesShop & figured I HAD to try them. So glad I did. They have a very impressive selection, something for everyone I feel. Phenomenal prices too, I like that there's usually a sale going on but even if not it's still super fair.
Size is accurate. Totally comfy. My prescription looks great!!
It took exactly 15 days to arrive at my house after I placed my order. Considering they made just for me & add on shipping time that really isn't so bad.
I cannot wait to order again!!!

Order #2573690151

dianew29
3/19/15

The price is unreal It takes 3 weeks and you have new glasses.
I have bought four pairs in the last year. I'm very happy with them.
And the latest styles as well...

Lady Di

beckyl4
1/14/15

I had a great experience buying glasses from here. I will for sure buy more glasses. I had a discount code and wanted to take advantage of them. Once I placed my order I didn't even wait 1 week. It was a fast and pleasant purchase and the frames are perfect for and great quality for me. It's sad to see so many low reviews but I really love their product and customer service.

sharonc32
12/21/14

I had read reviews here before I ordered from Glassesshop.com & almost didn't order because of the negative reviews here. Because they had the frames I wanted & a first time buyers special, I decided to take the plunge & if the experience was bad, I would chalk it up to a lesson learned. I loved the selection of fashionable frames on the website & the ability to "try on" the frame to a downloaded photo. Web site was real easy to use. I called customer service once with a question & spoke with a live, courteous person without delay. I did wait 3 weeks to receive my glasses (right before Christmas), but my daughter had to wait 10 days to get her glasses from a local optician & she paid 3 X more. I love the glasses . They came in sturdy cases & look like good quality frames. My prescription was fine. I decided not to do bifocals which I sometimes wear. If I had it to do over again, I may have gotten the bifocals added but that was my fault, not theirs. For the price & style, I would definitely recommend!

riccardos4
11/27/14

A very bad experience with them. I waited one month to get finally a wrong prescription eyglasses because they didn't tell me they couldn't process my left eye parameters but they tried to sell it anyway. So I had to give it back cause useless and pay for the return shipping. One star is enough

davidr117
11/3/14

let me add myself to the list of people who despise this company. Hands-down the worst buying experience, longest wait, and lowest-grade customer service I've ever dealt with. Pay a little extra and go with Coastal.com or Warby Parker. Just terrible.

mh50
8/15/14

DO not buy from them! Bought a pair of prescription glasses, and when they arrived, a week late, They were non prescription. Customer support simply blamed me and would not even apologize for the mistake. I rechecked the website and could not find anywhere a note that the glasses I bought were non prescription... it even lets you submit a prescription for the glasses I bought. This business is not accredited by the BBB and recieved an F overall.

Tip for consumers: Dont.

olak3
7/25/14

I have bought a pair of glasses from glassesshop because that there is a big sale as their 10th birthday recently.They shipped to me by DHL,it is so fast.And thanks for customer's consideration about helping me to update the package information.Happy to find such a good glasses website!

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GlassesShop staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question