US Government's NSF

36929 Schoolcraft
Livonia, MI 48150
Tel: 1-855-202-0123
service@GlassesShop.com

People interested in GlassesShop are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

omitg

Their selection of frames was good; and my emails to customer service were always answered promptly. (in 13 reviews)

ettal

My only complaint is having to wait 3 weeks for my glasses. (in 6 reviews)

annies35

I am very happy to have received my third pair of prescription glasses from Glasses Shop. (in 4 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

robynh6
7/29/15

I ordered a pair of glasses from this website. Very user friendly site and easy ordering process. The glasses came pretty quickly and are just as I ordered. Awesome value! I will be purchasing from them again and would recommend this site to anyone!!

joano10
7/28/15

Ordered a pair of single vision glasses on July 2 and was told "4-8" days to receive them. On July 14 I emailed them, as I hadn't received them no reply. On July 16 I emailed them, no reply. I filed a Paypal dispute and I got a reply from them saying they were sorry but I would be getting the glasses in 3 to 4 days and to remove the dispute. I'm not that stupid. On July 20 I got another email asking me to remove the dispute saying they would arrive in "3-4 days". On July 28 I got another email saying they were sorry but they would refund my money as soon as possible, probably in a week. I escalated the Paypal dispute to a claim for my money back. This is the worse company I have ever dealt with. They don't answer the phone or emails, unless you file a complaint with Paypal. AVOID THEM there are plenty others out there like Zenni or Coastal that are reputable

kjartanm
7/27/15

My experience after ordering my third pair of glasses from GlassesShop.com is very god!
I'm happy with the quality, low prices and free delivery in less then 14 days.
Recommended!

- Kjartan

mariam160
7/24/15

I used to wear my regular glasses and as most 50+ people I suddenly couldn't read without taking them off. So to compensate, I bought over the counter reading glasses and would wear them on top of the other to do my crocheting and watch tv. I hated the thought of spending another $150 - $250, with benefits mind you, to get another pair of glasses. Now because the price was so low I ordered bifocals and I couldn't be happier.

fredk26
7/15/15

I bought a few pairs to try out online eyeglasses shopping. Overall it has been relatively inexpensive due to shopping the sales and using vouchers, but the results have been hit and miss.

My first pair were a basic plastic pair with no extras, from the "first pair free" offer. The optics are great and the frame fits, The style looks a bit ugly but for $9.90 shipping fee they gave me some confidence in online shopping.

From there it has been hit and miss though.

The next pair looks beautiful but the frame is flimsy and one arm was wobbly on arrival. Despite having a proper optical screwdriver kit, the build quality of the glasses is poor and I cannot shift the screw in the wobbly arm. The glasses are therefore confined to the house as a spare pair.

Another pair looked nice online but close up there are flaws in the transparent frame. Also the nose bridge is about 3-4mm narrower than specified which is too much to alter using heat, without making the shape look ridiculous on my face.

The final pair is lovely and the only one that has made the shopping experience worthwhile. It looks and fits as it should according to the listing.

I will probably cut my losses here though as the long delivery times and the limited customer service make for a very unreliable shopping experience.

cynthiah25
7/2/15

Bottom line- there are much better places to order from to get good cheap glasses, and much faster. This place took over three weeks to even get them into the country, then couldn't deliver them and blamed me for me giving a wrong address, which I did not. They tried to get ME to resolve the issue when it was their fault. They also will not refund your purchase price, so if you feel you MUST order from them, use PayPal or something, so you can dispute the charge and get your money back. Better yet, just order from one of the other online glasses places. There is one that starts with $ in the name and they are excellent. I

jessicab85
6/30/15

So I ordered a pair of glasses from this place, obviously, and what a NIGHTMARE it was!!!

First I saw that they had charged my card twice. I called and got through to someone right away and had let them know and they said that the second charge would be refunded and asked if I still wanted the glasses; I said yes and they said they would process the order. Okay, fine.
Then, about 10 days later, I decided to check the progress of my glasses - I got the standard shipping; ORDER CANCELLED. However, they held on to my money, so I tried to call and got their voicemail. I left my name, number and asked for a call back asap. 3 days later and still no answer or returned call. THREE DAYS. I sent an e-mail asking them why my order was cancelled and then sent back an automated response that had NOTHING to do with my original question.
2 weeks later and still no glasses, no communications and my order still says it was cancelled. Still, I can not get through to ANYONE.
3 weeks later and someone finally answers. I tell them my problem and they tell me they're going to straighten it out and send my glasses as soon as possible.
4 weeks later and I get a phone call stating that my order has been "on hold" for a month now, "do you still want the glasses?" YES. JUST SEND THEM TO ME ALREADY. However, since you continue to screw up, I want my shipping upgraded at no charge to me. "Oh of course! No problem!"
FINALLY, my glasses were being processed and shipped over a month after my order was originally placed. Did they upgrade my shipping? No. Did they apologize for anything? No. Do they give a crap at ALL about their customers? NO.
I will NEVER order from this place EVER AGAIN nor will I recommend them to ANYONE I know!

Tip for consumers: Just hope that you don't have any problems ordering or you're screwed!

annies35
6/29/15

I am very happy to have received my third pair of prescription glasses from Glasses Shop. Again, my order arrived quickly and my glasses are beautiful and the prescription is correct. Thanks, Glasses Shop!

jessef18
6/15/15

I love my glasses!!! It took only about 3weeks to come!! I was skeptical at first because i couldnt believe the prices for the glasses were very cheap & I'm already looking to see what glasses I buy next! Thank you so much +++++++A will always be buying my glasses from here!!

susanm130
6/6/15

The glasses arrived within two weeks and they were very nice. I wish I would've looked more closely and gotten frames with metal running through arms...but, that's my fault not theirs. They fit very nicely and I can see so well with them. The generic transitions tinting is working perfectly and I'm glad I went with that instead of paying extra for the brand name tinting. Very happy and will purchase more! I paid $60 for what would've cost me more than $600 at the Dr.'s office. Thanks!!

devyng
6/6/15

Prices are great. Selection is endless. And speed of delivery is quick!

ac514
6/5/15

Brilliant first pair of prescription computer specs from glassesshop.com. Good value and prescription spot on. Will definitely be back for more.

shandaw1
6/4/15

Well after weeks of they are there way, I finally got them and they are horrible very cheap, to small, and to top it off not the right prescription.
That girl that answers the phone needs and attitude adjustment fast. I cannot get a refund , so I am stuck with them. Folks they are out for a quick buck...DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY.....

tamishas
6/1/15

Ordered a actual prescription and got it the way i needed it!!!very happy

joshg30
5/16/15

I came into this following an ad for a free first pair of glasses and honestly didn't expect much at all. I just knew I really wanted some glasses and didn't care about the quality for only paying 14$ for a pair of prescription glasses. While it took a lot of time to get here (since I'm too cheap for expedited shipping) it came and I was extremely satisfied with my order.

cynthiar18
4/30/15

I bought a pair of glasses here, bad decision ever. they sent my order to a different location, i live in FL and they sent it to California, when i call customer service, they didn't take the blame, they said it was the post office's mistake. but anyways the re ordered it at no charge, finally a month later the glasses arrived.
The glasses were all wrong, called customer service again; nce again they said they didn't take the blame, but they said the can take it back for a refund, now is when it got ugly, they promise an easy return, yeah right! They told me that i would have to pay for shipping and pay 50% stocking fee. So it means i paid to try their product only. Buying online is a chance you wont like their product. they dont give you any guarantee. I just threw my money to the trash thinking i was gonna save money with them.

I paid with paypal, i called paypal and told them what happened, they gave me a full refund.

Please dont pay attention to those positive reviews, i guess some of them are paid by this company.

lloydb26
4/12/15

I wouldn't buy any where else

trenty
4/9/15

We are extremely happy with the first free pair of glasses my husband got! They are great quality, very fashionable & look awesome on! Very happy. :)

sarahm116
4/9/15

I was wary because of all the negative reviews, but I got my glasses and I don't think there's anything wrong with the prescription.. They aren't bad glasses since I did the first pair free deal. Cost me $19.00 total and I'm happy right now

Tip for consumers: Kind of slow shipping

vickir10
4/2/15

Good quality for the price. I was looking for a cheap pair of glasses for work. Did not need a prescription, as I will be using them for safety glasses, so I can't comment on prescription accuracy. The glasses arrived surprisingly fast considering being shipped out of China. They are a bit too wide for my face, but that was expected based on the measurements of the frame.

Overall, I am satisfied with the service I received, and will be ordering non prescription glasses from them in the future.

Tip for consumers: Make sure to check frame size and ensure they are the right size in order to not be disappointed.

marias96
3/27/15

Happy with my New glassess! !

melissao10
3/26/15

Great syles & value. Faster-than-store delivery.

mandac
3/23/15

I constantly buy glasses offline so I dubbed myself a pro at it.
Stumbled upon GlassesShop & figured I HAD to try them. So glad I did. They have a very impressive selection, something for everyone I feel. Phenomenal prices too, I like that there's usually a sale going on but even if not it's still super fair.
Size is accurate. Totally comfy. My prescription looks great!!
It took exactly 15 days to arrive at my house after I placed my order. Considering they made just for me & add on shipping time that really isn't so bad.
I cannot wait to order again!!!

Order #2573690151

dianew29
3/19/15

The price is unreal It takes 3 weeks and you have new glasses.
I have bought four pairs in the last year. I'm very happy with them.
And the latest styles as well...

Lady Di

beckyl4
1/14/15

I had a great experience buying glasses from here. I will for sure buy more glasses. I had a discount code and wanted to take advantage of them. Once I placed my order I didn't even wait 1 week. It was a fast and pleasant purchase and the frames are perfect for and great quality for me. It's sad to see so many low reviews but I really love their product and customer service.

sharonc32
12/21/14

I had read reviews here before I ordered from Glassesshop.com & almost didn't order because of the negative reviews here. Because they had the frames I wanted & a first time buyers special, I decided to take the plunge & if the experience was bad, I would chalk it up to a lesson learned. I loved the selection of fashionable frames on the website & the ability to "try on" the frame to a downloaded photo. Web site was real easy to use. I called customer service once with a question & spoke with a live, courteous person without delay. I did wait 3 weeks to receive my glasses (right before Christmas), but my daughter had to wait 10 days to get her glasses from a local optician & she paid 3 X more. I love the glasses . They came in sturdy cases & look like good quality frames. My prescription was fine. I decided not to do bifocals which I sometimes wear. If I had it to do over again, I may have gotten the bifocals added but that was my fault, not theirs. For the price & style, I would definitely recommend!

riccardos4
11/27/14

A very bad experience with them. I waited one month to get finally a wrong prescription eyglasses because they didn't tell me they couldn't process my left eye parameters but they tried to sell it anyway. So I had to give it back cause useless and pay for the return shipping. One star is enough

davidr117
11/3/14

let me add myself to the list of people who despise this company. Hands-down the worst buying experience, longest wait, and lowest-grade customer service I've ever dealt with. Pay a little extra and go with Coastal.com or Warby Parker. Just terrible.

mh50
8/15/14

DO not buy from them! Bought a pair of prescription glasses, and when they arrived, a week late, They were non prescription. Customer support simply blamed me and would not even apologize for the mistake. I rechecked the website and could not find anywhere a note that the glasses I bought were non prescription... it even lets you submit a prescription for the glasses I bought. This business is not accredited by the BBB and recieved an F overall.

Tip for consumers: Dont.

olak3
7/25/14

I have bought a pair of glasses from glassesshop because that there is a big sale as their 10th birthday recently.They shipped to me by DHL,it is so fast.And thanks for customer's consideration about helping me to update the package information.Happy to find such a good glasses website!

blaird15
7/25/14

This is my first time buying glasses here, and I love the glasses! Though they don't look the same size as the sreen shows, they fit my daily clothes pretty well. I really love them!

lie51
7/21/14

I have bought glasses from online website several times,but i do not like them at all.It is my first time to buy glasses from glassesshop,I was afraid of the quality of the glasses. but I was happy after i received it.The frames are very fashion and good quality.I have never buy a good glasses from onlineshop. I am so excited to tell to you about the good glassesshop.

barbarab43
7/16/14

I love the glasses. They are flattering and they make me eye-catching. The only thing that is annoying is that the glasses are too heavy. They put much pressure on my nose and temples. They are not comfortable.

reneev
7/10/14

I buy bifocal glasses for my parents here. After my parents receive the glasses, they say they love the glasses very well because the glasses help them see clearly and the frames are comfortable to wear. Thank customer agents for your help!

ramonad2
5/16/14

I visited this site because I was looking for a super cheap pair of glasses to use at night. This site definitely fits the bill for that.

To start with the positive I will say that I found the site to be user friendly and easy to use. The ordering process was very detailed and I felt that this would help ensure a decent pair of glasses.

The neutral. The shipping took about a month. I want overly concerned with this. The time was a bit long, about a month from order to deliver, but I figured for the price this was tolerable. I will say the glasses did not fit well. I enters the prescription that I received from my Optomotrist but I felt that the lenses were too strong, so I had to balance the glasses at the end of my nose so the strength did not hurt my eyes. The frames also did not fit well. They seemed to sit crooked on my nose. I rated this neutral because for my occasional need and the price paid I was willing to live with these issues.

For the negative. As of this review I've had the new glasses for about a month. The bridge on the frames has already snapped. As mentioned before the frames wetter crooked, so while gently adjusting them (which I have done many times on higher end glasses purchased at the Optomotrist's office) one lens completely snapped off if the bridge on the frames. I have more attempted three times to contact the manufacturer. Twice by phone, during the hours listed on the website, yes I took about for time differences. I also attempted contact by email. It had now been several days with no response. This I find unacceptable. I strongly believe that a company should be reachable during listed times and should definitely respond to contact attempts. Because of this experience I will mage sure I do more reach before purchasing glasses online, if I even do, and I will certainly tell anyone I speak to and recommend avoiding this site.

omitg
3/25/14

GREAT EXPERIENCE! I thought their website was clear and easy to use. Their selection of frames was good; and my emails to customer service were always answered promptly. It DID take my glasses a while to arrive, but they were perfect in every way! I found glassesshop to be very accommodating. I have nothing but positive things to say. I plan to order from them again.

elizabethb44
3/1/14

Horrible experience, Ihave been waiting for 2 months for them to arrive and they haven't yet.

rft
1/29/14

This is one of the worst experiences I have ever had making an on-line purchase. If you call the customer service line on 855-202-0123 NO ONE EVER ANSWERS. If you hit the operator button and type in ext 101 or exr 102 you get the voice mail for other websites. It is a joke.

Received the glasses and the lens are all wrong. Tried to contact them for 3 days. NO RESPONSE. website tells you to mail them back at your own cost and they will decide whose fault it is. The prescription was uploaded to their site. Can't be anything but their fault. DPO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

lawrencer13
12/19/13

I received an email telling me my order had been shipped and gave me a tracking number.The post Office had no record of ever receiveing the package.Glasses shop's email says it was mailed on November 30,2013.It is now December19,2013 and I have not received my glasses yet.They do not answer the phone.The only way to contact them is email.

ettal
11/25/13

My only complaint is having to wait 3 weeks for my glasses. When I received them I was so impressed. The quality, the fit were perfect. I love Glassesshop.com. Can't wait to buy another pair.

nohemig
9/28/13

Terrible quality, AWFUL A W U F U L customer service. BEWARE.

davidy19
9/26/13

Glassesshop.com is absolutely awful. I came to this site to determine if they are just a very bad company or a scam. Reading these horrible comments gives me hope that eventually, one day, I may actually receive my glasses or possibly someone may actually answer their phone.

sierras3
7/15/13

This is an absolutely HORRIBLE company. I ordered glasses, the website states that they will be delivered within in 7-14 business days, however, I have spherical opposites, yet they took over a week to confirm it. I get the glasses, they do not have spring hinges (as stated on the website) and are the cheapest I have ever seen. Now, I realize I was trying to save a few bucks by ordering online, yet I have ordered numerous times from Zenni Optical and gotten way better results. I am sorry that I strayed and will be sending this junk back to Glassesshop.com ASAP and reordering from Zenni. STAY AWAY.

dwa178
6/19/13

Received a pair of prescription with tint for sun. Frames felt like toy kiddie glasses. Cheapest plastic. I wore them twice and kept them in the eyeglass compartment of my car. One lens shattered just sitting in the compartment. So they lasted 30 days.

I have bought from other online eyeglass sites who actually have decent workmanship. Not this outfit.

tr2445
4/25/13

Ordered glasses a few weeks ago, they came in about 10-12 days just like they said. I opened them up and put them on and obviously the perscription was wrong. I looked on the box and the perscription was correct but the glass sure wasn't ground right. I have ordered from other online eye glass establishments and never had any problems.
I sent the glasses back and they told me I would lose 50 percent plus would have to pay to ship them back. I have yet to see any payment so I wil be filling a complaint with the BBB.

peters89
4/12/13

They charged our card and until we had attempted contactig them a dozen times or more, we never learned that they were out of stock on the frames we chose. They were rude on the phone when we did get a person on the line. They said to email for a refund, I have yet to hear back about that,

DO NOT GIVE THESE FOLKS A CHANCE! They are incompetent bobs with no concern for customer service. The low price is not worth your grief.

ryanr23
4/5/13

YThey told me they would fit prescription lenses on my own frame. So, I sent my frame and put in an order and the order looked ok and I paid for it. When the glasses arrived, it was missing some of the important features and the lenses were not fixed to the frame right. When I contracted them they say they cannot fix it now and asked me to order a new pair of glasses ! They refused to fix their mistakes and their customer service is horrible after sales. Now, I lost my previous lenses and the glasses are not usable. My repeated requests to fix it went unanswered. Very poor workmanship and poor quality lenses. They are in China and 12 hour a head and difficult to even contact them. Beware!

laineyb
3/31/13

Took way longer than they said to get my glasses and have had them for about a month and the paint on them has half chipped off -_- never going to order from
Them again

bd12
1/1/13

Horrible service. You are virtually on your own ordering glasses, if you need help or call Customer Service, you get a big-time attitude which I find upsetting for a web-based company. Most successful on-line companies have helpful people there to assist in your purchase.

My glasses came after several weeks, I was told I had to pay extra for standard tinting (on sunglasses no less)

The glasses did not fit and were returned within 5 days but the company would not refund my purchase price or give me credit for return postage.

To date, it has been about 1 month and I have not recieved my refund, when and if I get the refund, it will still cost me about $25 for this poor transaction.

Although many foreign-based companies have great service, correspondence with Glassesshop makes me think they are foreign owned/operated and don't care one whit about customer satisfaction

poor product, poorly run company

jeffk16
12/1/12

Terrible service. Bad frame, bad customer service response. Long time to receive. I think in a foreign country. Billed on my charge card as Megamotorma and not glassesshop. What is up with that? Do not buy from them.