US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

omitg

Their selection of frames was good; and my emails to customer service were always answered promptly. (in 11 reviews)

ettal

My only complaint is having to wait 3 weeks for my glasses. (in 5 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

marias96
3/27/15

I had a great experience buying from glassesShop ! I love my glasses,good prices!

melissao10
3/26/15

Great syles & value. Faster-than-store delivery.

mandac
3/23/15

I constantly buy glasses offline so I dubbed myself a pro at it.
Stumbled upon GlassesShop & figured I HAD to try them. So glad I did. They have a very impressive selection, something for everyone I feel. Phenomenal prices too, I like that there's usually a sale going on but even if not it's still super fair.
Size is accurate. Totally comfy. My prescription looks great!!
It took exactly 15 days to arrive at my house after I placed my order. Considering they made just for me & add on shipping time that really isn't so bad.
I cannot wait to order again!!!

Order #2573690151

dianew29
3/19/15

The price is unreal It takes 3 weeks and you have new glasses.
I have bought four pairs in the last year. I'm very happy with them.
And the latest styles as well...

Lady Di

beckyl4
1/14/15

I had a great experience buying glasses from here. I will for sure buy more glasses. I had a discount code and wanted to take advantage of them. Once I placed my order I didn't even wait 1 week. It was a fast and pleasant purchase and the frames are perfect for and great quality for me. It's sad to see so many low reviews but I really love their product and customer service.

sharonc32
12/21/14

I had read reviews here before I ordered from Glassesshop.com & almost didn't order because of the negative reviews here. Because they had the frames I wanted & a first time buyers special, I decided to take the plunge & if the experience was bad, I would chalk it up to a lesson learned. I loved the selection of fashionable frames on the website & the ability to "try on" the frame to a downloaded photo. Web site was real easy to use. I called customer service once with a question & spoke with a live, courteous person without delay. I did wait 3 weeks to receive my glasses (right before Christmas), but my daughter had to wait 10 days to get her glasses from a local optician & she paid 3 X more. I love the glasses . They came in sturdy cases & look like good quality frames. My prescription was fine. I decided not to do bifocals which I sometimes wear. If I had it to do over again, I may have gotten the bifocals added but that was my fault, not theirs. For the price & style, I would definitely recommend!

riccardos4
11/27/14

A very bad experience with them. I waited one month to get finally a wrong prescription eyglasses because they didn't tell me they couldn't process my left eye parameters but they tried to sell it anyway. So I had to give it back cause useless and pay for the return shipping. One star is enough

davidr117
11/3/14

let me add myself to the list of people who despise this company. Hands-down the worst buying experience, longest wait, and lowest-grade customer service I've ever dealt with. Pay a little extra and go with Coastal.com or Warby Parker. Just terrible.

mh50
8/15/14

DO not buy from them! Bought a pair of prescription glasses, and when they arrived, a week late, They were non prescription. Customer support simply blamed me and would not even apologize for the mistake. I rechecked the website and could not find anywhere a note that the glasses I bought were non prescription... it even lets you submit a prescription for the glasses I bought. This business is not accredited by the BBB and recieved an F overall.

Tip for consumers: Dont.

olak3
7/25/14

I have bought a pair of glasses from glassesshop because that there is a big sale as their 10th birthday recently.They shipped to me by DHL,it is so fast.And thanks for customer's consideration about helping me to update the package information.Happy to find such a good glasses website!

blaird15
7/25/14

This is my first time buying glasses here, and I love the glasses! Though they don't look the same size as the sreen shows, they fit my daily clothes pretty well. I really love them!

lie51
7/21/14

I have bought glasses from online website several times,but i do not like them at all.It is my first time to buy glasses from glassesshop,I was afraid of the quality of the glasses. but I was happy after i received it.The frames are very fashion and good quality.I have never buy a good glasses from onlineshop. I am so excited to tell to you about the good glassesshop.

barbarab43
7/16/14

I love the glasses. They are flattering and they make me eye-catching. The only thing that is annoying is that the glasses are too heavy. They put much pressure on my nose and temples. They are not comfortable.

reneev
7/10/14

I buy bifocal glasses for my parents here. After my parents receive the glasses, they say they love the glasses very well because the glasses help them see clearly and the frames are comfortable to wear. Thank customer agents for your help!

ramonad2
5/16/14

I visited this site because I was looking for a super cheap pair of glasses to use at night. This site definitely fits the bill for that.

To start with the positive I will say that I found the site to be user friendly and easy to use. The ordering process was very detailed and I felt that this would help ensure a decent pair of glasses.

The neutral. The shipping took about a month. I want overly concerned with this. The time was a bit long, about a month from order to deliver, but I figured for the price this was tolerable. I will say the glasses did not fit well. I enters the prescription that I received from my Optomotrist but I felt that the lenses were too strong, so I had to balance the glasses at the end of my nose so the strength did not hurt my eyes. The frames also did not fit well. They seemed to sit crooked on my nose. I rated this neutral because for my occasional need and the price paid I was willing to live with these issues.

For the negative. As of this review I've had the new glasses for about a month. The bridge on the frames has already snapped. As mentioned before the frames wetter crooked, so while gently adjusting them (which I have done many times on higher end glasses purchased at the Optomotrist's office) one lens completely snapped off if the bridge on the frames. I have more attempted three times to contact the manufacturer. Twice by phone, during the hours listed on the website, yes I took about for time differences. I also attempted contact by email. It had now been several days with no response. This I find unacceptable. I strongly believe that a company should be reachable during listed times and should definitely respond to contact attempts. Because of this experience I will mage sure I do more reach before purchasing glasses online, if I even do, and I will certainly tell anyone I speak to and recommend avoiding this site.

omitg
3/25/14

GREAT EXPERIENCE! I thought their website was clear and easy to use. Their selection of frames was good; and my emails to customer service were always answered promptly. It DID take my glasses a while to arrive, but they were perfect in every way! I found glassesshop to be very accommodating. I have nothing but positive things to say. I plan to order from them again.

elizabethb44
3/1/14

Horrible experience, Ihave been waiting for 2 months for them to arrive and they haven't yet.

rft
1/29/14

This is one of the worst experiences I have ever had making an on-line purchase. If you call the customer service line on 855-202-0123 NO ONE EVER ANSWERS. If you hit the operator button and type in ext 101 or exr 102 you get the voice mail for other websites. It is a joke.

Received the glasses and the lens are all wrong. Tried to contact them for 3 days. NO RESPONSE. website tells you to mail them back at your own cost and they will decide whose fault it is. The prescription was uploaded to their site. Can't be anything but their fault. DPO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

lawrencer13
12/19/13

I received an email telling me my order had been shipped and gave me a tracking number.The post Office had no record of ever receiveing the package.Glasses shop's email says it was mailed on November 30,2013.It is now December19,2013 and I have not received my glasses yet.They do not answer the phone.The only way to contact them is email.

ettal
11/25/13

My only complaint is having to wait 3 weeks for my glasses. When I received them I was so impressed. The quality, the fit were perfect. I love Glassesshop.com. Can't wait to buy another pair.

nohemig
9/28/13

Terrible quality, AWFUL A W U F U L customer service. BEWARE.

davidy19
9/26/13

Glassesshop.com is absolutely awful. I came to this site to determine if they are just a very bad company or a scam. Reading these horrible comments gives me hope that eventually, one day, I may actually receive my glasses or possibly someone may actually answer their phone.

sierras3
7/15/13

This is an absolutely HORRIBLE company. I ordered glasses, the website states that they will be delivered within in 7-14 business days, however, I have spherical opposites, yet they took over a week to confirm it. I get the glasses, they do not have spring hinges (as stated on the website) and are the cheapest I have ever seen. Now, I realize I was trying to save a few bucks by ordering online, yet I have ordered numerous times from Zenni Optical and gotten way better results. I am sorry that I strayed and will be sending this junk back to Glassesshop.com ASAP and reordering from Zenni. STAY AWAY.

dwa178
6/19/13

Received a pair of prescription with tint for sun. Frames felt like toy kiddie glasses. Cheapest plastic. I wore them twice and kept them in the eyeglass compartment of my car. One lens shattered just sitting in the compartment. So they lasted 30 days.

I have bought from other online eyeglass sites who actually have decent workmanship. Not this outfit.

tr2445
4/25/13

Ordered glasses a few weeks ago, they came in about 10-12 days just like they said. I opened them up and put them on and obviously the perscription was wrong. I looked on the box and the perscription was correct but the glass sure wasn't ground right. I have ordered from other online eye glass establishments and never had any problems.
I sent the glasses back and they told me I would lose 50 percent plus would have to pay to ship them back. I have yet to see any payment so I wil be filling a complaint with the BBB.

peters89
4/12/13

They charged our card and until we had attempted contactig them a dozen times or more, we never learned that they were out of stock on the frames we chose. They were rude on the phone when we did get a person on the line. They said to email for a refund, I have yet to hear back about that,

DO NOT GIVE THESE FOLKS A CHANCE! They are incompetent bobs with no concern for customer service. The low price is not worth your grief.

ryanr23
4/5/13

YThey told me they would fit prescription lenses on my own frame. So, I sent my frame and put in an order and the order looked ok and I paid for it. When the glasses arrived, it was missing some of the important features and the lenses were not fixed to the frame right. When I contracted them they say they cannot fix it now and asked me to order a new pair of glasses ! They refused to fix their mistakes and their customer service is horrible after sales. Now, I lost my previous lenses and the glasses are not usable. My repeated requests to fix it went unanswered. Very poor workmanship and poor quality lenses. They are in China and 12 hour a head and difficult to even contact them. Beware!

laineyb
3/31/13

Took way longer than they said to get my glasses and have had them for about a month and the paint on them has half chipped off -_- never going to order from
Them again

bd12
1/1/13

Horrible service. You are virtually on your own ordering glasses, if you need help or call Customer Service, you get a big-time attitude which I find upsetting for a web-based company. Most successful on-line companies have helpful people there to assist in your purchase.

My glasses came after several weeks, I was told I had to pay extra for standard tinting (on sunglasses no less)

The glasses did not fit and were returned within 5 days but the company would not refund my purchase price or give me credit for return postage.

To date, it has been about 1 month and I have not recieved my refund, when and if I get the refund, it will still cost me about $25 for this poor transaction.

Although many foreign-based companies have great service, correspondence with Glassesshop makes me think they are foreign owned/operated and don't care one whit about customer satisfaction

poor product, poorly run company

jeffk16
12/1/12

Terrible service. Bad frame, bad customer service response. Long time to receive. I think in a foreign country. Billed on my charge card as Megamotorma and not glassesshop. What is up with that? Do not buy from them.

brandig2
11/8/12

Ordered frames 3 weeks ago, still have recieved nothing after contacting them twice. I see my payment made it through in days but nothing else since then. This company is a rip off, have contacted BBB about them.

lyraw
6/13/12

Waited a month and a half before my order even came in.
They claimed to have sent a confirmation of my order and I had already confirmed.
I had originally ordered 3 pairs of glasses, but one of the pairs I ordered seemed to be out of stock. Although I know it wasn't so at first, because they had changed the sale price of the glasses after that week and they were still labeled "in stock" long after i had ordered them.
During the emails would not give me a straight answer, and it took a lot of hassle just to make them give me a refund for the glasses they I had already paid for but were sold to someone else.

When the glasses arrived one of them was already breaking and was very cheaply made. The prescription is also a bit funny.
Would definitely never order from here again.

jeramyt
3/1/12

i waited 3 weeks for my glasses, i called, tried the online chat and even e-mailed them , got no response. The only communication i could get from them was through FaceBook. they stated that they needed to confirm my prescription even though i did it several times during the checkout process. they said they sent an e-mail, and waited a few days (3 weeks). After confirming my prescription 2 weeks later still no glasses. I have filed a complaint with The BBB and my Credit Card company.

rodm1
3/11/11

After my first glasses from glassesshop.com were delivered ok. I decided to order a second. These came with an incorrect prescription. More accuratly my correct prescription was printed on the box but the glasses themselves are not my prescription. After alerting them to this they have said "they are only $12 we do not want them back". That is the sum total of their customer service! There seems to be a big problem with communicating in English. Be aware that if you are spending a whole lot more than $12 you may not get your money back if there is a problem.

ryand2
11/26/10

As I have a really strong prescription, I have been forced all my life to buy the lowest quality available on the market because of the price the opticians were charging me in Canada. Before i found any eyeglasses on internet, my prescription cost me between 800$ for single vision and 1200$ for progressive lenses. With my low income, i was wearing a 14 years old pair of glasses with so much scratch that i wasn't even cleaning anymore because i couldn't see any difference.

Recently i found Glassesshop.com and they were able to do my single vision prescription in any of their offered index.
The only limitation was that progressive glasses were available only in their highest index. 1.74
This was a bit more expensive than I was used to pay but what the heck, i needed those so i bought them for 175$
I was impressed with the quality of their product, So much more well built, comfortable, fashionable and precisely made. No flaw.
They also have a redeem points program and after my transaction with them, i discovered that i had 20$ worth of redeem points for a future transaction.

deirdren
11/15/10

I love glasseshop.com! They care a wide selection of Prescription sunglasses and glasses. They are affordable, easy to use, and quick. I have been so pleased with everything. It is a blast trying on different stlyes and affordable where I can own a few pairs and not go broke. I strongly recommend this site. I even recommened it to my mom and she loved it!