US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

minth

I found out someone was trying to withdraw the money I earned, good thing they saw it and I was informed. (in 290 reviews)

ancab

As long as you learn to manage your account, everything will be alright. (in 289 reviews)

johnt83

I add two hundred dollars into the account, then my project stalls. (in 233 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

rajendrad1
3/25/15

I CANT EVEN GIVE A ZERO STAR RATING I WAS ABLE TO I WOULD GIVE ZERO STAR

I gave project and they guy has advance $170 and now the rest of the money is stuck in limo with dispute he docent even respond and company dosent even take responsibility or act on it and he is still taking projects the user name is ECOSITE i would suggest do not give any projects to any on this site as they are just stealing peoples money and company dosent care they don't do any thing some one needs to find a company who can law sue this free lancer company

company need to take steps against bad review people or who are not doing their project they should implement 100% satisfaction guarantee for developers as big company do Ebay

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE KEEP THE MONEY IN BANK BELIEVE ME DO NOT USE THIS SITE OR YOU WILL CRY LIKE ME

FOR WASTED MONEY PEOPLE here KNOW HOW TO TAKE YOUR MONEY AND NOT DO ANY THING AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO ANY THING

akpana
3/25/15

Everything you do on this site, they try to take money from you. For someone who wants to be a freelancer, this is not a friendly site at all. I try to bid on a project and they wont allow until i pay for something. STUPID SITE.

Tip for consumers: Dont use this site. Use other sites. STUPID SITE.

scammedb1
3/23/15

We hired a logo designer to create a logo. Their website indicates that any material which is not original will be pulled off their website and within the actual handover agreement, it highlights that any IP associated to the concept, the designer forfeits ownership upon exchange of money for the design.

Designer has used many attributes of my logo design with many other logo designs subsequently, and when this issue has been presented to Freelancer.com, they have highlighted to address with designer. Then when questioned further, they have advised to again go back to the designer. Further questioning, they have indicated that they will investigate. Response was, yes its clear that the designer has used similar attributes of my design in other designs and can be found all over the internet....apparently, i then questioned why aren't they taking any responsibility in removing or taking greater action in protecting intellectual property.

DON'T TRUST THESE SCAMMERS, THE MONEY YOU ARE SPENDING IS A WASTE OF TIME FOR UNORIGINAL MATERIAL AND NO PROTECTION WHATSOEVER.

BUYER BEWARE.!!!!

Tip for consumers: DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY, NO PROTECTION WHATSOEVER!!!!

poppyh1
3/22/15

Their support is akin to robots. Incapable of answering simplest questions and simply blocking your account and taking all your funds.

Their complains department (Marcus or Lara or whatever names these Nepal/ India based support wishes to take) are as useless. Don't believe their answers like "Your issue has been addressed in ticket X142526"; all that happens is that they refer you back to your original ticket that was the problem in the first place.

The website stole over $1,300 from my account and blocked it with no reason whatsoever. I am lodging a complaign against them and will take them to court if required. Otherwise BEWARE.

They will not refund your cash, they will not accept any proof you can provide. They will just block and strip you dry of your funds.

Tip for consumers: Do not deposit funds, do not put your payment details. They will start charging you without your knowledge or approval. Move to Elance or Odesk.

masuda
3/21/15

The Freelancer.com has a very quick system for taking deposit from customers, but old dated boring lengthy system (3weeks) for customers to withdraw the money. In addition, the customers need to contact support desk every time they want to withdraw, but not when taking deposit. That is not customer friendly. I have waited over 3 weeks after making withdrawl request. Hope its should be upgraded.

thomasg36
3/20/15

Beware of freelancer. They use all the below mentioned tactics to freeze money they're not entitled to. I'd give details, but now I'm scared of having my account closed and as a full-time freelance web-designer, I can't take that risk.

bradk17
3/18/15

freelancer.com freelancer.co.uk same business both are scam do not trust them in anyway. if you are a freelancer you can do much better just google for other site and i am sure you ll see some good and legitimate business. if you are looking for freelancers do the same, do not part with your money on freelancer.com or freelancer.co.uk because they are not trustable. this business does not have a single phone number for any kind of communication and their chat and support portal are not functioning at least for past week since i made a big mistake of joining them. now i am in the process of refunding my money which is a nightmare and getting rid of them

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE FREELANCER.COM OR FREELANCER.CO.UK WHICH ARE THE SAME BUSINESS

muhammadi5
3/17/15

Hi, Ticket id: EBA-867-70898. I am a verified and senior member of Freelancer.com with high profile above 300 jobs completed. I did someone work, they got work and paid me plus rated me 5/5. After few days they complained that they have not get work and they paid me for nothing lol?

Freelancer.com made my account limited and started verification. I send them all my id card etc they asked about project. They accepted all of things except they asked me to contact Employer to settle issue, i told them if they complained you and they are not replying you from last 5 days then how you are expecting they will reply me? Does that make sense? So after all 12 days last night i tried to log-in my account and i see that "This account has been closed". I didn't receive any email, any notification or anything and this happend.

I'm still willing, if they wanna help me. As this is Business and who's responsible i lose other clients and Business of 15days?

Waiting for still if they help me.

Thanks.

hasanuzzamanl
3/16/15

* Have sold a domain through their site freemarket.com.
* Client funded escrow and freemarket asks me to transfer.
* Transferred site to client
* Client released escrow (informed by Freemarket)
* Freemarket holds payment for fifteen days for "security"
* After fifteen the dashboard shows a hilarious processing date "Mon, 5 - Tue, 6 Jan 1970" with status "Not enough Funds"
* Raised support ticket to larao@freemarket.com
* Received copy paste reply from "Frederick Newmore" that the issue is being investigated.
PLEASE LARAO, DO NOT POST A COPY PASTE REPLY, CAN YOU INFORM WHEN I WILL GET MY MONEY?

imranm19
3/16/15

I have worked on freelancer since a year. I only received 38% of what I have earned the rest is taken away by freelancer as monthly fees and project fees and I have worked day and night struggling. Finally, I found another freelancer website which allows me unlimited bids and there is no signup or monthly fees/plans and yes, you can sell gigs too on this site. I love Meetlancer which is faaaar more better than freelancer.

Tip for consumers: Meetlancer.com which is faaaar more better because freelancer is taking high fees to and also playing frauds keeping the money. I recently joined meetlancer and now I am happy.

adebayoo
3/16/15

This site is know for fraud. They hold your hard earned money despite having charged you for the project. I wonder why governments have not done anything to pull this site off the internet.

sergeyb11
3/15/15

Hello people. I working on many freelancer sites before as programmer for many years. I have profile on freelancer with 500 over reviews with 5 of 5 stars. But last two month's there is very strange things happens.

1. I worked for one of employer for few days and then get reversed transaction for over 600 usd. Freelancer notify me that he used stolen cards. No problems, sure, my fault - not site issue to allow high risk transaction processed.

2. Today there is another issue. I finished project about 2 month`s ago, but my account get reversed transaction today for 300 eur. When I contact support, they tell me about employer account have some issues and because of it - he reversed 2 month old transaction. Issues with employer account no described, because of "As per our Privacy Policy, we are not allowed to disclose details about other user's account."

It is very bad experience for me now. I planning to leave this site because there is no confidence about this things will repeat for other projects.

Tip for consumers: Not recommend to work with freelancer.com

rohans7
3/14/15

It has poor service, lot of hidden charges and it also stops services for better people. I lost so much money in this site and their support don't even support and give recorded messages. They are a bigger scam company. I would suggest for both employer and employee stay away from this website.

Tip for consumers: This is a scam company... Stay away... It loots both employer and employee.

basile104
3/12/15

Was a user of Vworker. It was superb, these guys acquired it and made it a worse site.
Took all the money which i had gain telling its the fee for not using freelacer regularly.
If they were gonna take my money they should have informed in prior to deduction.

Minimum payout has also been set which is crap. We might get paid only less amount for small work and minimum payout will kill it.

Tip for consumers: Never use it

ronakj
3/11/15

Hello Lara,

Greetings!!!

I am Ronak Jain and i am from company doomshell software pvt ltd. My company created account on freelancer before many year and we are continuously working on freelancer.

But 2 days before some one hacked my company account and created three projects all three projects warded to only one freelancer. Hacker also transferred $450 from my account to another freelancer account.

My company owner generate a ticket to related to this before 2 days, they asked 5 verification questions but the account created before many years so i am not sure they will be correct or not.

We are continuously trying to talk with online support desk but no one is available to chat with us.

Kindly suggest us how we can talk with freelancer to activate my company account. As my company has fully verified (phone,email,payment) on freelancer.

Username is doomshellsl.
Company belongs to jaipur, india.

Looking forward to your kind response.

Thanks,
Ronak Jain

miroslavm
3/10/15

I ve been there for few months and finished about 10 projects, out of 10 i got paid only for 2 of em although i finished all 10 on time. Employers are not obliged to close projects and release milestones EVER so the argument regarding that milestones are a security measure which keep both the employer and employee safe is FALSE! Projects with open milestones can remain open to eternity and never close on itself! Beware of that website as you will spend lots of time delivering SLAVE work for people you cant ever trust! I also posted tickets to the tech support and they gave promises to contact employers on these ever-open projects. I NEVER GOT ANY FURTHER FEEDBACK.

Tip for consumers: BEWARE - SLAVERY! If you know anyone who is considering to start working on this website or already started to work there tell them for my case and case of many others. I spent months as a slave freelance writer.

shahn1
3/7/15

My id is logodesign2252. I have done a logo design for a client. The client was very happy with my work and paid me for my work. After few days, freelancer has closed my account. I asked freelancer support. They said, the closure has done from the administration and we cannot do anything about it. I asked, 'what is my fault'. They again replied the same thing.

Tip for consumers: This site will eat all your money that you will earn from service buyers.

mirn13
3/4/15

In past i hd worked on Travels Co. as accountant i worked there around 1 year & part time work on freelancer.com,, after torch-er of lots work & getting less money i decided to resign & i started work on Freelancer.com Full Time..After a few months Alhamdullilah i got many more projects & i didn't never see back...Now I hv Good Data entry team of 12 members...I m extremely thanks to Freelancer to make my future bright.

Regards
Mir

Tip for consumers: Freelancer.com is safe & secure site...I would recommended to all

pr1839
2/28/15

HI,I AM FREELENCER.COM USER.I HAD WORST MY EXPE. REGARDING TO MONEY.I GOT OFFERED PROJECT 26666 FROM CLIENT.I ASKED TO CLIEN'S REQUIREMENT.THEN HE REJECTED MY PROJECT.AND I DEMANDED A MILE REQUEST STONE.HE DID NOT REPLY TO ME.THERE WAS BAD OTHER EXPE FROM FREELENCER.COM.MY BALANCE WAS SHOWING -2666.60 INR.I DO NOT UNDER STAND.WHY WAS SHOW MY BALANCE IN MINUS.IT WAS RIDICULOUS EXPERIENCE.

elizabeths72
2/28/15

Account closed, money gone, you don't need to know why, just shut up and keep walking.

Freelancer.com closed my account and reversed all payments I did. Their answer was this "We cannot go further into detail with regard to this as a Privacy Policy."

So, you took my money, closed my account and kind of telling me now to "keep walking" nothing so see here.

They are acting exactly like a school yard bully. Freelancer does what they pleases and don't even bother to offer an explanation.

Tip for consumers: Do not use freelancer.com

andreat18
2/24/15

the worst experience ever.Hired a guy from Greece you gave me all his qualification's so gave him a chance,didn't understand anything and cause days of delay's.Tried to get payment's abck from freelancer,what a scam,asking all the time for verification but still saying you can make more payment's.Opened a case with Pay pal then get bombraded with request's from freelance to cancel pay pal dispute,but still no money back in my a/c,will not give up and don't you either,they try and wear you down delibertly hoping you will give up,but we all work too hard for our money so hang in there and bombard pay pal with all your complaint's,eventually they will withdraw freelance from there site.they have all the info they need,simple,just put my money back into my a/c,the freelancer who i hired even emailed me 2 day's ago he has refunded my money in full,but still no word from freelancer.if i don't get my money back i will sue them and hopefully get a class action going which is an excellent idea.

Tip for consumers: absolutely don't ever use

sarahb127
2/22/15

i was working with freelancer since it was vworker < i didn't so much work but i used to like it
lately several things happened:
1- i was awarded a project and a milestone was released to my account then because of an issue with the employer the reversed the operation and took the money back and also the project fees after , contacting them i received a reply that this is something done when there is a suspicious behavior with the employer account ( which unfair to freelancer , it is not my problem if you are not checking employers) then honestly after contacting them again they refunded the project fees

2- i accepted a private project with 150$ then immediately i was charged with 15$ project fees ( this is something written on their website how does the charging goes ) but actually i needed to reject it and the reply that i can't and i should contact the employer or they will do if i want to cancel the project and i will not receive any refund so i accepted the project and they took the 15$ and if the employer cancelled it he will not be costed anything and it i will not get my money back

i don't understand how it works but it seems to be safer to used the website as employer or fraud rather than using it as a freelancer

i need to add something
the support team are very helpful and i always get a fast response, but my problem is with the website way handling money of freelancers

klausp1
2/19/15

Any one not understanding what's going on on Freelancer.com Read the posts here. All is true.
Benni25 Mauritius Translator Translation Freelancer.com

The freelancer or company under the above mentioned link conducts poor business practices which I can confirm as a victim.
I was contacted by this individual (i don't think it is a company) on oDesk.com They said they were a translation company looking for staff. They asked for a test of almost 900 words which is unusual. Translation companies normally would ask for a test for less than 400 words.
When i refused, "benni25" said they would pay for that test. I accepted believing in his good faith. He said it would only take a few hours to review the test as he already had that text test translated. I delivered the text and the next day he contacted me again. I thought it was to concrete my payment. Surprisingly he asked for another test. I asked whether he had the results of the first test. He said NO. I told him I would prefer to wait for the results of the first test, get my payment and then proceed with the second test which he would also pay for. As per this unusual approach i decided to investigate. I contacted Mr. Klaus Deschka at VinPilot.com who resulted to be a client of "benni25". I sent my translation to Mr. Deschka who confirmed that my text was exactly the text he received from benni25. He has paid aprox. USD20 for that text. I had agreed with "benni25" USD 34,36. With this evidence, I confronted Benni25 who immediately put down his web site www.bennitranslationservices.com and the email addresses he had used to contact me: odesk@bennitranslationservices.com and accountsdpt@bennitranslations.com. DUMP was my first conclusion. I understood in that moment how some freelancers are able to offer ridiculous rates for a translation. I decided to contact many of the clients of benni25 on freelancer.com. All of them had realized with the time that benni25 has delivered them very poor translations and that they had to have those translation redone increasing theirs costs. I can mention xtblue (writers for right) in Pensacola, Usa, Steve Coy at TotoIt Group, a freelance translator Jan Krister and many others. I reported Benni25's profile to the Freelance.com administration with no results. They were blind regading this unscrupulous behivaiour even though i provided the testimonials of his clients on that site. How can Freelancer.com allow such individual to mislead clients and other freelancers? How can Freelancer.com allow an individual to dump prices to compete in advantage with honest and professional freelancers? How can Freelancer.com allow this individual to keep delivering translations and some other assignments with a doubtful quality affecting the corporative image of the clients using his services? This is really sad.
Please visit http://www.propertytailoredmanagement.info/benni-translation-services/ for more details on this issue.
Should you be a freelancer.com freelance professional of company hiring services and you have been victimized by benni25 please address to the site administration. Perhaps they need to collect 100 testimonials before proceeding with justice.

charliey5
2/12/15

At first look, the bidding system seemed ridiculous as people bid such low amounts from India, Pakistan etc. that I don't know how anybody remotely good at their job gets a look in! Also - paying for the tests?? You have to pay to answer 40 questions in 15 minutes that you haven't been prepped for.
I bid for a virtual assistant job, 'company' had good reviews and had used Freelancer for a few years so thought i'd give it a go.
Next day, get an email to contact the guy via Skype to discuss the role...upon getting on Skype it wasn't the role he had advertised but wanted me to write a 1000 word essay on South East Asian education for around $20. I politely declined and he then suggested another role, being in a YouTube video for his clothing brand. It seemed (semi) legit but I was not too keen, he persisted and asked to see some non-revealing clothes from my wardrobe so I could wear them in his video. Ok....I (stupidly) showed him, on the hanger, a buttoned up shirt.
This was not good enough, he then requested I took my clothes off (on camera) to show him, upon saying no he then asked me if I had any strapless top's or a mini skirt to wear. I felt extremely uncomfortable and said so - I kept trying to politely end the conversation so he would go away but he then proceeded to tell me to take my cardigan off and stand away from the camera so he could see all of me. At this point I cancelled the call and went straight to Freelancer to report him - whilst he continually harassed me on Skype.
I have not heard anything from Freelancer in regards to this, my partner also wrote an email to them and has not heard anything. I am not going to be the first female this has happened to but I feel they could respond to mine and my partners (several) messages.
I have only been on the website for a week and after my experience and reading the reviews below I am going to come off it.

christ2689
2/11/15

I prefer Elance. I have all kinds of issues with nickle and dime charges with Freelancer. I can not get a hold of anyone at the company and they will not refund my money for the silly charges that their competitors do not charge for. I spend all of my money at Guru.com now.

Follow up - The response they posted below is false.

Tip for consumers: Dont let them have your paypal info!

andyh39
2/8/15

If you give a man a fish he will eat for a day, if you gave him a fishing rod he'd probably go on freelancer.com and tell you he was an award winning fishing mogul with a fleet of 40 ships ready to do the best work he can for you for a dollar.

The client see the bottom line and goes for the best price. Get's landed with somebody who can only just paint a smiley face using his own feces, get's burnt having being oversold and under delivered. Never to return to the site and hires a 'real' person anyway.

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and is subject to opinion but the site does nothing to stop false accounts being set up with other people portfolio's, Nigerian scammers looking for you to sell things on ebay and the 'exams' they have are ridiculous, oh let's see, can I Google the answer? Yes, yes I can, wow I passed, yay, that must mean I'm a professional now. They've probably hired a 'professional social media expert' for a dollar to try and stem the tide of crap reviews on sites like this...(waiting for reply)

If you want someone with 'l33t' skills by all means go to freelancer.com however if you want a professional, try anywhere else, I hear there are some descent designers who live under rocks...

Tip for consumers: Don't.

zijadak
2/7/15

Totaly bad website i was there since 2013 i am professional website designer but site is full of employer who took your website and later wont relese money or open up dispute to take it back from you also if you win dispute they again need confirmation from employer so you can withdraw that money i will show you screen shoots how their freelancer support makes fool from all of us i deposited money from my card so i can recreate milestone and open up dispute and i wined dispute but now i cant withdraw my money because employer dont want to give confirmation for it. On this way they holding your money and earn from your back and you work as a fool for nothing i think this is last thing they did to me in last 2 years since i working with all 5 stars rating i am mowing to elancer or somwhere else

Screen shoot of freelancer support telling me to wait for permision from other guy to withdraw my money -.-

also i will attach picture how long i strugle to win dispute and get my money from them i wait allredy 6 days but before that i needed 2 months to win dispute against employer and now when i am winner i am also a looser i wont mention that my account was banned for 15 days before i deposited money also i lost tons of employers because of that

Tip for consumers: Dont fall to catchy design and professional looking site they will do everything to hold your money or to close your account for no reason if you want to earn go somewhere else here you will lost your time and your nervs thank you

carmenf7
2/6/15

We had a very very bad experience with Freelancer.com There are no professionals and what you get for your money is the worse thing I ever experienced. We send 1400 USD to freelancer.com in 2011 and found only students from all over the world which have no idea from webdesign or other things. So were so frustrated, that we paused till 2014, when we saw that freelancer deduced from our account every month 10 USD dormant fee. But the worst thing: they have stolen all our resting money of 960 USD from our account. We have contracted a webdesigner from Mexico (we are also from Mexico) trough freelancer.com and released this 960 USD to him to realize a webproject for us. But Freelancer only paid 35 USD to him and all the rest of 925 USD is blocked and we cannot get it!!!! Our account is in zero and the mexican webdesigner will no longer wait for the money and quitted the job since he waited since september 2014. Freelancer.com forced him ti identify himself, he did it. Than freelancer.com forced us to identify us and we send a identification issued bu the mexican government, but it is still not enough for freelancer.com Now they want see our driver license, our bank account, they want to know what we discussed about our project and other things........ the only thing they want is that we give up and they can keep our money. But we will contact the police in Sydney and Commerce Chamber and we will post our experience all over the internet. It´s a real scamming site and they want only your money. What a f..... with this site.

Our claim number: (VZL-765-10392)
What has Freelancer.com done since the last week to solve our problem?
NOTHING else than send us new questionaries to prove our identity.......

What we have done since the last week to get our money back?
- we have reported Freelancer.com in ACORN (Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network)
- we have reported Freelancer.com by the Consumer Protection Commission from the Australian Government
- we have reported Freelancer.com by the Australian Taxation Buro because for sure they have not declared as their income the stolen money from their customers
- we have reported them to the Australian Embassy in Mexico
- we have reported Freelancer.com by the Mexican Police (it was a recomendation from the Australian Federal Police we have contacted), they will go in touch with the Australian Police. The Mexican Police recommend us not to send more personal data from us to Freelancer.com (for the supposed verfication process), because if they have already stolen our money, we don´t know what they will do with our personal data .....

What we will do the next days:
- we will contact international press which will write an article how we experienced Freelancer.com
- we will contact more australien relevated authorities
etc etc

Tip for consumers: DON¨T USE FREELANCER.COM It´s a real FRAUDULENT WEBSITE.

rs68
2/6/15

Useless completely useless scam of a site, and there's no way to stop the automatic monthly deductions until you find the very cleverly hidden secret cancel my account button - buried behind several pages (in the frequently asked questions page). I tried changing my credit car information, both: the expiration date, AND the number, to get free of this travesty but it kept reverting back and secretly billing me, Do NOT sign up for a paid account - it is of absolutely NO benefit to anyone (except perhaps a few husewives who want to pay $40 for 32 pages of illustrations. There is nothing professional or worthwhile going on here!

Tip for consumers: Don't!!!

macv2
2/6/15

According to this site system, after posting project feedback, the other party gets 14 days to post their feedback.
But I see after whole 2 months and after my feedback published, they let client to post feedback and to publish after that cheater saw what I wrote for him.
After whole 1 month they let him publish his feedback..
The site is totally unfair. If you are looking to waste your time and to work like a slave according to this site crappy support, then only sign up there. Otherwise, just go to odesk.com.
They are the best.

dougd15
2/4/15

I found 2 main problems with this site: 1) if you're a profesional going to offer your services, you will never be able to compete with those "low prices" advertised by competitors. Yeah, lots are not even living in "rich countries", 2) If you're going to hire, and get tempted, by those very low prices for everything, you may have some problems when it comes to overall quality.

Tip for consumers: Ask for a test (your own). Samples sent are usually better in quality than the final work done. Reading past and recent customers experience about a giving worker is very helpful.

peterj65
2/4/15

I make a account on freelancer.com, my user name was petershoplok and you guys know what was strange thing, i created milestone of 150nzd to freeancer, and after 1 week i found they closed my account and money was stolen by freelancer.com, neither they paid to freelancer nor they refund to me and when i asked them whats the reason to close my account, what they told me have a look to this -

Hello,

Thank you for writing back.

AS previously stated, your account "petershoplok" has been closed by Freelancer.com administration. We offer no recourse for rebuttal for this penalty.

According to the Terms & Conditions (Section 23. Right To Refuse Service):

"We may close, suspend or limit your access to your Account without reason. Without limiting the foregoing, we may close, suspend or limit your access to your Account: if we determine that you have breached, or are acting in breach of, this User Agreement; if we determine that you have engaged, or are engaging, in fraudulent, or illegal activities"

To view our Terms and Conditions, please visit www.freelancer.com/page.php?p=info/terms

We look forward to your cooperation and understanding.‚Äč

---
Regards,
Eugene P.
Freelancer.com Support

I am not going to use freelancer.com in future and will also suggest all my friends to never use this, yes i will loadge case against them and will share this thing to all of my places and what they told to freelancer.com is that funds refunded to me, liers

Tip for consumers: Never use this, use odesk, elance any site but not freelancer.com they are thiefs nothign else

evelyne3
2/4/15

Freelancer.com is such a huge scamming website i have ever encountered. Recently i completed a project with employers full satisfaction and got paid.After about a month, the amount employer paid was reversed back without even letting me know.

When i emailed freelancer support, they easily replied "The funds that were used by your employer to pay for your services were disputed through their payment source. This is the reason why the funds that were already transferred to your account were reversed.

We recommend that you contact employer to remind them of their account issue so that your earned funds can be reinstated in your account."

When i contact employer he wont respond. I am shocked how can freelancer reverse amount paid after a month for the service i provided already? Now who is going to pay for my service? I am never going to use this site again ever!!

It is not a freelancer's concern if Employers' fund is under dispute or account not verified, freelancer.com should keep that in mind before releasing payment. They cannot simply reverse payment just like that.

I have been using this site for a long time now, but these days they have made the site so inconvenient imposing unnecessary rules and fees. I regret to say freelancer.com has become a huge scamming platform now, if you are new users- please dont use it. There are other freelancing sites that are more safe and secure.

At least they dont "Reverse payment" once you complete project successfully.

Tip for consumers: Be careful! dont be happy you are awarded a project, freelancer.com can easily reverse payment that you received after successfully completing project even after 1 month or 1 year without even informing you!!

staceyi1
2/1/15

I received an email late last night from freelancer.com employee Savanah with a blackmail attempt. Demands were made for the return of my $1000 that I paid for services which were never received. I will be updated my compaint with ACCC regarding this and informing the Australian police!

gregorb
1/30/15

A complete joke. I was using them since 2007 and have published over 100 projects. They used to be great. I was always able to get incredible tallent at incredible prices. But now they became Godaddy of freelance websites. Clutered, confusing, with coins and bonuses flying all arround. Complete waste of time. It shows in the quality of workers too, they are VERY, VERY LOW quality. I think all the tallented people migrated to other websites.

Tip for consumers: Do not bother, thake your business somewhere else.

dainisg
1/29/15

Freelancer.com really is the toughest place to make it. Compared to oDesk, Elance, Freelancer has the highest fees you will pay even if you get enough work.

You can register and submit 8 bids per month for free.

As with all big freelancing sites, their biggest trouble is with support and high fees. Freelancer has the lowest ratings of all marketplaces, at SiteJabber review site they have got 374 1-star ratings and 26 5-star ratings.

We did massive research about top 8 biggest freelance marketplaces out there, comparing their fees, pros, cons and how to make it out there.

Different marketplaces are for different people. You can read the research here - http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/best-freelance-websites/

andriyl1
1/28/15

Freelancer.com is scammers they thief my money from paypal under cover reason check my finance source for start first project

Tip for consumers: Not give check your paypal!!!

chiragp3
1/28/15

he reverse payment three times after 2 yr of completion project.

and gives reason that employer close his account.
worth site , never use it. its buggy sites and at last of year you paid more then your earning to freelancer.

In short you waste your time with freelancer.

NEVER NEVER USE IT.

Tip for consumers: Never Use freelancer.com its buggy and always deduct and reversal payment after close or complete project. customer already paid successfully and give you good reviews

they deduct reversal after 1 yr of completion of project

Never use it , Minus Rating to freelancer.com

samz8
1/27/15

I run a top website about luxury villas rental where I rent top luxury villas 10k +.
I have made assignment to someone who have bad skills and he did not made as agreed and even worse , he DESTROYED my website www.luxuryhomegate.com and in dispute I need to wait a week even both and seller and i , full field before we go on arbitration where they ask 10 dollars for. plus ????!!!!

This is the worst website I have ever experience in my life and would not tell to my enemy to use it again .

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE FREELANCER EVER . Go on fiverr if you have some minor problems or go to professional and try never to pay before work is done . pay never in full. to anybody. Not even professional agency.

kus12
1/27/15

Hi,

This was my first experience with using freelancer.com and it was worst.I posted a logo contest there and I selected winner but winner design was unable to deliver my logo as per my expectations.I deposit total 7250+ INR but freelancer.com refund only 5375 INR.

My contest id was: 135164

If there is any freelancer officials here look into my case refund my complete money in my debit card from where I deposited funds.

Thanks

ku.Si.

komalk
1/26/15

I was assigned a project, and while chating with the employer my internet got disconnected. Employer thought I m not responding and withing 20 minutes of awarding the project declared it incomplete. $153 had been deducted from my account as freelance fee. Very pathetic system, Would never recommend it. At least you should charge when the employer has mad any payment to freelancers.

Tip for consumers: At least take the contact no., in case chat doesnt work before accepting project, and never bid without milestone.

borisc18
1/24/15

I worked for an employer last week. He provided the milestone payment (300$). I accepted the project and 30$ commission were deducted from my account.
I finished the project and money was released to me.
Everything seemed ok, but When trying to withdraw money I got this message:

Unfortunately we were unable to process your withdrawal request:
Decline reason: Funds originated from an account that is currently under review.

I could not believe it since money was deposited in "my" freelancer account and I thought that was a done deal.
I contacted customer support and:
Hello Boris,

Thank you for contacting us back.

We understand your concern about the payment released to you by your previous employer. However, this is part of the verification process and will help avoid issues once you have withdrawn the funds. Note that the employer always has the option to create and release the Milestone Payment. However, there are some instances where we need to make verification to make sure that the payment can be processed well.

As a recommendation for this, we still recommend waiting for them to complete the verification. Note that this is important so they can complete the requirements and for you to process the withdrawal.

If you have more questions, feel free to contact us back.

I mean this is horrible.... And how can anyone work under these conditions.
Why don't they signal on employers profile that he is not verified?
I saw some employees from freelancer offering help in review comments, can anyone from freelancer help me resolve this issue?
I would like to continue to use freelancer.com, but if this does not resolve I will never use them again.

Tip for consumers: Check if employer had verified his payment, email and phone before starting to work. It seems it is important to get paid in the end.

zulfiqara
1/21/15

You want to use the worlds greatest scamming site, use this site then. Here are the ways they scam their users;

1: They post the fake projects, which when accepted on award to anyone, they charge the 10% of the amount of project and then project poster disappears, as they have hired the people to post the projects for them.

2: If a project is posted, accepted and then done but it completes on the less payment than the agreed amount, then freelancer.com don't care, they will charge you for the payment agreed upfront, however, if the project exceeds the payment agreed, then they will surely care and charges you more for the exceeding payments.

3: The most dangerous way they have starting using is, they post the projects where users are asked to pay a commission/extra payment for the payment transfered to skrill accounts, for such project, poster says he will send you the payment upfront on freelancer.com, and it really happens, When it is done and users then transfers the payment to the posting person's skrill, they will reverse the payment payed to you and so your money will lost what was payed to skrill. They themselves are doing all this, As every thing is in their hands and they can transfer the funds back, so this is why they will pay you upfront and on the next day they will reverse their payment and you will loose your payment.

For such cases, if you will only receive and don't pay to the poster's skrill, even then they will earn, how?... As when you will accept the project, they will charge you 10% upfront, user will pay you and on the next day they will reverse that payment, but will never reverse the transaction on which they have charged you!!!!

So, i would say them worlds greatest scammers and i plan to create a site where i will show the world about their scamming techniques with proofs and pictures.

I have been scammed by them in all the ways described above, so if any one have any doubts, please contact me. Here is my email; mzulfiqar32 at hotmail dot com.

Tip for consumers: If you want to join the freelancing world, Join Elance, odesk. Peopleperhour etc and that are good sites. Otherwise, you will be scammed by some of their techniques, i have explained only few of them what they use to do. These are not the one used by people but their management themselves,

walterc19
1/20/15

I paid £277 for the alleged services of a company promising me leads for my business - not a $#*!y bird. Tried to contact the company but they had their account closed. I then put in a complaint, and their reply was that it was my own fault for paying the sum upfront. Nothing from them since then. I have been well and truly done over. Nought out of ten.

Tip for consumers: Avoid at all cost

lees76
1/20/15

No need to look this website. Not user friendly. Exam need to pay. Bid need to pay. If you hv money better go to casino. The long time you go in the lose result in priority !!!!

bertrandm9
1/19/15

Freelancer blocked my account for identification verification ,upon contatcing them via resolution center ,they advise me to contact my employer Lual to solve the problem ,
I did contact lual and we reach an agreement i then inform freelancer about that via resolution center .
But they ask me to tell the employer to send them an emial or update the tickect to inform them that the probelm have been resolve ,
upon informing the employer about that ,he ask me to send an email to freelancer support and cc him to inform them that we have reach an agreement
i then went to freelancer resolution center to ask them if i could send and email and cc the employer they refuse they still insit that the emplyer himself should send them either an email or update the tickect .
I have inform the employer about that and he has been ignoring my email
I have a lot of project in progress and now i am unable to communicate with my client because of the fact that my account have been limited ,that is really unfair ,i want freelance to contact employer immedialty because i cant keep on waiting,i have project in progress with overdue deadline because of this .
Can freelancer do something urgently about this ?i cant wait until when the employer feel like sending the email this is unfair to me and my other client waiting for deliverable

Tip for consumers: stay away from them

keept
1/19/15

I would like to give this website 0 ratings but unfortunately there is no option to do .

They deserve $#*!. my freelancer account got closed by the team of freelancer they said they can do anything with my profile , what the foolish reason they did .

Please read :--

"We may close, suspend or limit your access to your Account without reason. "

they always eaten money thats it ,

Tip for consumers: Someone tell me if there any way to write a complaint against them ?i know i am not single person who got same thing by them .here is list of users

they always eaten money thats it ,

hannaa4
1/18/15

Freelancer does nothing for its users, on the contrary, it seems to be a scam after the next, and after three years I can definitely say: STAY AWAY. It's not just about the money they take in the shape of ridiculous fees (like the exams that promise to boost your sales and look like they were written by a 5 year old), it's how little they care about those feeding their mouths. 90% of the projects are FAKE, everywhere you see people trying to leave contact details (those are projects that you spend credits on, and then they all die in silence because people prefer to leave the site first)... the list would go on and on. I am not just disappointed, I am angry and hurt by how much time I spent trying to make this work as part of my income, and how little I got in return. I left the site last week, moved to PeoplePerHour, and the difference is already abysmal. Freelancer is based on fake projects and cheap contests that hurt the industry. If they cared about their users, they could have a fantastic site. Instead, they scam everyone they can because they know people using the site are in need. Pathetic and unethical.

walik
1/18/15

About this site i have a lot to say.but at the moment few words would suffice and i will write about the site in detail of my experience next time.this is the worst ever outsourcing site i have ever visited,i mean it is almost a scam.I have seen and noticed numerous methods of scamming on this site,and i intend to write in detail about them later.The scammers, in disguise of employers and freelancers use those methods to robe the people.For new freelancers the site is "HELL".Besides the frauds and scams,the freelancer will always be awarded the projects on the bases of racial profiling,gender and ethnicity.
Due to lack of responsibility of the administration and lack of a reliable service structure the site is merely the conglomerate of insane bids and prices activity.
for example this man from the USA holding a contest he asked the freelancers to render 25 stills by the rate of 1$.this is simply impossible by any means.
So new freelancer get away from this site.Because this site is poisonous to your skills and ambitions.

Tip for consumers: Never take this site serious...find work in your own country

johnk144
1/11/15

Registered with freelancer....but so glad I added them to my junk mail list. I found the site to be so annoying, so many people going after jobs ,they couldn't possibly do! How about an Australian photography job,in Melbourne - as usual poor budget...but several, Indians, & Pakistanis' offered to do the job! Absolutely ridiculous.
I'm having difficulty unsubscribing too....although several times I have notified them....they start asking why, and asking me to complete some questionnaire.... I just want out of there and As Quick As Possible.

Tip for consumers: FORGET IT!