US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

minth

I found out someone was trying to withdraw the money I earned, good thing they saw it and I was informed. (in 538 reviews)

johnt83

I add two hundred dollars into the account, then my project stalls. (in 504 reviews)

bharats2

which can be 3% to 15% of project cost depends upon your membership . (in 444 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

melissam121
5/4/16

There is a good reason this site sucks, because people you get what you pay for. Freelancer.com pays poverty prices. People want to pay you $30 for a logo, or $2-8 dollars an hour.

Well guess what, educated and qualified designers won't work for that, so you are going to get poor jobs, done unprofessionally. You are going to get a company that charges and withholds money etc. Or people who don't finish a job.

Hire a local designer or web dev and pay for it. Don't use this site. The Walmart of Design.

I've been to a presentation one of the CEOs did and it was a joke and he was quite dismissive when I presented the poverty wages as a problem.

atifk1
5/2/16

Blatant thugs in an online age. I can't believe they can even exist like that? I mean outright rip offs. I got a fake client and he asked me to do a trial job. He forced me to do more work without payment otherwise he will cancel the project.

I cam to know that Freelancer but a transaction on my card that I added to receive payments. They post jobs, charge introduction money wow- for $2 job they charge minimum $6? Are they even real- and the owner of the site acts as visionary. When he is nothing but a cheap low life thug with no ethics even to cheat with respect.

Tip for consumers: Stay away at all cost. Save your energies, time and headache for better things. Best part is the client left feedback even after I canceled my account. Check the thumbnail I attached. Site asks me to check feedback and I don't even have a login. Guess what I had already canceled. This shows it was an inside job. They post fake jobs and charge you for it. Win/win for them. Lose/Lose for you. Lol check other thumbnail- account is closed. Hahaha what a joke this site is. Interpol must take action-

ampeda
5/1/16

Have you been victim of freelancer.com?

Do you know that: Freelancer founder earns $235 million while customers of the site are ripped off

Freelancer, an Australian registered Internet company makes millions while abusing Australian consumer laws. Caution use this site at your own risk as Freelancer takes no responsibility.

If you want to try to contact the management team: http://www.freelancer.com/info/management.php

Here is their direct email address and phone numbers:

Nikki Parker, Regional Director, North America, Australia & New Zealand, Tel +61 427 173 025, Email nikki@freelancer.com, or Evan Tan, Regional Director, South East Asia, Tel +63 908 882 8519, Email evan@freelancer.com, or Jorge Azurin, Regional Director, Continental Asia, Tel +63-908-867-3373, Email jorge.azurin@freelancer.com, or Bill Little, Regional Director, Europe, Tel +44 (0) 7940 924555, Email bill@freelancer.com, or Sebastian Siseles, Director Regional para Latinoamerica, Tel +54 911 32 60 07 30, Email sebastian@freelancer.com

If there is not result them please follow this direction below:

1. File a government internet crime complaint with: ic3.gov/default.aspx

2. Report fraud, visit: stopfraud.gov/report.html

3. File an online complaint with State Attorney General: oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company

4. File a government consumer complaint with econsumer.gov/english/report/overview.shtm

5. Report to Australian Competition Consumer Commission: accc.gov.au/consumers/complaints-problems

6. Report to Law Enforcement: aclei.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx

7. Report to Scam watch: scamwatch.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/693900 ; ALSO asic.gov.au/asic/asic.nsf/byheadline/Complaining+about+sales+offers+and+promotions+of+consumer+goods+and+services+ASIC+site+version?openDocument#State or territory consumer affairs
8. Report computer, internet-related, or intellectual property crime: justice.gov/criminal/cybercrime/reporting.html#C4

9. File a complaint with Office of Fair Trading: fairtrading.qld.gov.au/make-a-complaint.htm also: acma.gov.au/Citizen/Take-action/Complaints

10. Contact investigative reporters from TV Channels and Newspapers / magazines and all you guys will provide evidences to them. Please save all your email received from freelancer.com

11. Register complaints with as many review sites as you can "Google Reviews, Yelp, Business reporters and other private organizations .... etc"

12. Post Blogs. Minimum 1 SEO article per day till you will see the result on google, yahoo and bing.com. Spread the word by posting on your blogs, create new blogs, Blog Comments, Guess Posts and invite others to share their similar stories they faced with freelancer.com etc. Please keep posting on all social media....

This website is seriously full of spam with F rating customer service. They also charge you money to take exams where as other freelancer website such as Upwork does not. A client closed the project on me that has cause me losing 10% of "his" proposed money.
This month I started to look for gigs on Freelancer.com. After spending 60+ dollars on exams to look more qualified, someone contacted me for a 600 dollar virtual assistant gig. As we talked about the specific requirements, he wants me to contact him outside of freelancer.com. I sensed that this could be a spam so I refused. (Also in the terms and conditions we are not allowed to contact sellers outside of freelancer.com). As I waited for his response, he deleted the project and disappear all together. Later I checked my bank account and realized I had being billed 61 dollars without freelancer explicitly bill me anything when I accept the gig. I realized why they keep ask us to create a paypal account. I should have refused to create one.
Contacted freelancer customer service, they told me I cannot get my money back. (There was no "service" provide to me, so why should I pay 61 to you Freelancer.com?) and the sellers' account has been closed. The gig has disappeared as well.

I am seriously pissed off how this website exploit the already poor Freelancer by imposing numerous fees. I didn't even realized that they had asked me for a foreign transaction fee. No where mentioned. I will want to request all of the billing inquires and see how you guys lied to me!!

adriannib
5/1/16

I 'll have to steal customers.

bryanl47
4/30/16

I've been using freelancer for 5 months now, and have had a few minor difficulties along the way. The last one, however, was a doozy. After running a project through, my bank account was riddled with additional (unexplained) charges from Freelancer, coming from Switzerland, so my bank stopped future payments to them.

After trying to make a legitimate charge, my bank denied the charge due to the suspicious activity mentioned above. After calling my bank to approve the legitimate charge, they cautioned me to be careful and DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION. I was able to deposit money into my Freelancer account after that, but when I tried to release the money to an artist, I was informed I couldn't release the money because of a security reasons. The solution (after getting a robot email response from customer 'service' was that I needed to give them my telephone number to verify that the money they had put into my account was secure - even though I've spent $2000+ on 8 different projects already). They wanted my phone number, even though a financial institution told me not to give them any personal information. I told Freelancer I couldn't give them my phone number and their response? Nothing. They email that it is for security reasons, but the response is the exact same wording with no clarifications. I've tried to chat online, never gotten an agent to actually chat, I've sent multiple emails and gotten the same respnse without explanation, and (here's the ironic part) haven't been given a phone number to call them about this. Now I have an artist who has delivered her work, I have funds that Freelancer is holding, and they won't let me release them to the artist or return them to me until I give them information my bank told me not to give them. One frustrating thing is that if you do open a ticket, they will respond with a cookie-cutter respond and then mark the issue as resolved....even though it hasn't even been addressed!

Bottom line? It seemed like it had a few problems at first, but now they appear to be downright shady. The fact that banks and credit card companies flag their activity as suspicious should be a clue about the company's way of doing business. Upwork.com is light years ahead on service and security.

monikap2
4/28/16

I was using freelancer it was a new account i have upgrade my account to buy bids of 1999 INR..and they ask for verification process just after a day i buy credits as if i don't do verification they will not allow me to withdraw fund..
I have provided all documents as required and a day later they have deleted by account..
don't trust on freelancer there are many other freelancing sites working in a right and ethical manner.
These people are fraud and eating peoples money of hard-work in wrong ways.

Tip for consumers: Fraud people i would rather love to spend my money on other trusted websites like Upwork, Guru, etc

matts108
4/28/16

This website is a scam, full of bogus jobs, and the worst customer service one could ever imagine. I asked for my account to be closed on 20 April, now they are taking out membership money without my authorisation. An absolute bunch of frauds, and should be shut down.

staceyj16
4/27/16

They stole $1000 from me. I hired a guy from there that after 3 weeks said he could not finish the job anymore for me and was going to cancel the $1000 payment and refund me the $100. The money was never refunded and freelancer.com have ignored all of my messages. Then they lied to paypal by providing them with fake evidence showing there was a website built, after arguing with paypal for a hr I finally got the website address freelancer claims to of made for me and all it is, is my name on a website that is under construction. I think Paypal is working with them because they make money from working with Freelancer.com

Now I am $1000 short with no website.... They literally stole $1000 from me then froze my account and will not email me back or respond to any of my messages.

I want to open up a law suit against freelancer.com and paypal please contact me so that we can work together to make a stop to this and get our money back

email me at s8587215@gmail.com and put in the subject Freelancer.com scam

Lets put a stop to this

arifk4
4/27/16

Ok, my story is as follows.
Back in December 2015 I commissioned a developer to build an app for me. The agreed price was £2700 but Freelancer added hidden charges for the international conversion from USD to GBP and passed them onto me. Disgusting act ONE. This ended up as a final total of around £2912. I disputed this with them and I should have realised what I was letting myself in for when robots (or that's how i can describe them) kept repeating the same line about this being my fault etc etc. In the end, they agreed in writing to waive this fee as long as I deposited another £2700 into my wallet and they would refund the original amount back to. Like I have £2700 lying around to give to this bunch of crooks!

So fast forward 2 months and the app is built and the milestone payments released. I then decided enough was enough regarding the extra conversion charge Freelancer levied on me so I asked my bank to carry out a chargeback on the £212. The bank duly refunded me this money back.

Now, you would think this would be the end of it. NO, not with these thieves. Through their obscure terms and conditions they took wait for it...£2200 out of my developer's wallet blaming my chargeback action for it. Yes, they actually have done that!

The knock on effect of this has been horrendous. I can't get my app off my developer as he is £2200 out of pocket through Freelancer taking his money and I am £2700 out of pocket without an app to show for it. The winner: FREELANCER! who sit there nice and pretty with other peoples' money.

So, they then ask me to go through their "verification centre" where someone new comes on every 7 days to send one line of rubbish about cancelling the chargeback. This is when they have agreed to waive the charge in writing! If I don't do this, then they will not release my developer's money and therefore my app. Call it a virtual human shield if you like..

My bank are useless to the point where I can't even claim my money back through services not received as there is no "proof" from Freelancer's website on a date of receipt of my product.

This has dragged on and on for months to the point where I've given up hope of ever getting my money back or my app. I have had to lose the initial £212 chargeback by cancelling the investigation through my bank as I need my app. I have to take that on the chin.

Problem is Freelancer now making demands about me providing documents that the chargeback has been cancelled when all they have to do is check their bank statement! Honestly, the nature of these people is INHUMAN.

You know what makes it worse? My app was aimed at helping disadvantaged children who are Dyslexic and Autistic but that doesn't matter to these bunch of crooks. They want their pound of flesh and few measly ill gotten dollars and they don't care if innocent children get caught in the crossfire. Collateral damage I believe they call it. I put all my savings into this project and unfortunately these children will never get to see this app which would have helped them and their families tremendously. When you have no mercy on innocent children then you really have lost all humanity. That is bad karma. It took me a year to save this money up only to lose it in an instant.. It doesn't help that my developer is a heartless b...ard who accuses ME of fraud. That hurts even more.

I would love to take these people to court if I could afford it but being in the UK and them being Aussies, I have little chance of success.

I will no doubt get the customary robotic "customer service" email on here for public show of course. Just to show the readers that they take this seriously when in fact they couldn't care less.

So that's my story and all in all, it's a living nightmare. I just wish I never used them in the first place. I implore any readers, please don't use these criminals. They will rob you blind. I have to somehow come to terms with losing over £3000 which took me over a year to save up, bit by bit.

All I have written is factual. If Freelancer want to dispute that, I am more than willing to show the public who is right and who is wrong. I have all the correspondence.

Good luck people and wish me luck too :(

maxinew11
4/26/16

Getting a lot of bad reviews are your company real or scammer?

Anne L.
Freelancer deliberatley posts fake projects to exact fee from clients

stanislavn1
Stanislav N.
Just a.w.e.s.o.m.e.

eg262
E G.
Scammer Heaven
4/24/16
You can't trust anyone on this site even though Freelancer.com claims that they do verification checks. Even the employers on there are scammers. I completed a job and as soon as it was finished and time for me to receive payment, the employer was ghost.

Garbage.... read more

shirlyj1
Shirly J.
Scam!
4/24/16
Suddenly close my account without any reason.... read more

tanveerj
tanveer j.
Freelancer is a good plate form but heaven for scammers
4/24/16
I have earned a lot of money by working hard as a programmer. In 2013 a person hired me to work on http://www.cardsbus.com after completed my job he release the milestone and I have got the money.

arunp8
4/26/16

Some 100$ are there in my account. My account got limited 2 days back. I submitted all the documents and ready to submit any other further document too. I sent the same documents to support@freelancer.com. But no response from them. I got payment from my known client who are taking chat support from common friends. His account also already security verified and my account also security verified. Now all of the sudden my account is security limited. And verification department is taking lot of time to review my documents. I followed all the rules and regulations of the website and paid all the charges. Ready to accept any changes if freelancer points out.

Why very slow in my case?? Please act fast. I need to withdraw my money.

==============================================================

In this security verification part , Freelancer is very slow. This is creating lot of frustration in my mind. All the reviews given in the net about freelancer.com is really true. Not at all good in handling support and verification issues.

No idea what to do now?

================================================================
Freelancer team responded positively. Advised me few things. I am happy now with the website. 5 stars goes to them now. Looks like it is a good thing. Initially I got frustrated. But we need to follow terms and conditions. It is good right?

mirog
4/25/16

Misleading support, hidden charges, unfair business practices. Lots of mess, just stay away!
They have secretly billed for an account that have been inactive for 2 years.

Tip for consumers: Stay away, choose other alternatives!

mayurib
4/25/16

I requested for withdrawal of $48 but after two days the withdrawal status was insufficient account. So i cancelled the withdrawal but instead of credit of $48, now the website is showing me balalce of -$43 . They unnecessarily charged me $91 and debited my $48 and again showing insufficient balance of $43. I have attached the screenshot of the transactions. I never get such entry of reversal of project. This website stole my money of 2 projects.

I hate this site. They are cheaters.

tecg

Hi there,

I have been working on site and it was all good. One of client charge back 649 euro and my account balance become negative. From last week i receive no response.

Freelancer.com saying: Please deposit funds make account balance positive. They stopped my bidding. I cannot place bid on jobs.

What is my plan, open bidding so i can bid on jobs and earn so balance can be settle. From last week i have never heard from help. Please resolve issue ASAP and lift restriction from account of bidding so i can work and resolve account balance. @Lara, already send you email check ticket for yourself SCK-721-93671 and other ticket on site JZM-186-26584.

Waiting for it to be resolve ASAP so i can get started.

Thanks.

annel71
4/25/16

Although there are legitimate projects on Freelancer, the site does it's best to exact bogus fees from Freelancer. In fact it even runs an algorithm with a fake company called Faithartistry in order to trick new freelancers. You are offered a $600 job from Faithartistry.com. If you accept you find out the company does not exist, but Freelancer still exacts its $60 fee without a refund (unlike sites like Upwork which have built in protections against fraud). I was contacted by this algorithm twice, exact same messages, and even sent a text message telling me I had been awarded the job. Freelancer benefits by scamming unsuspecting clients, and I caught them in the act. Beware.

stanislavn1
4/24/16

I've finished job with fixed price, but employer just deleted the project and closed his account without paying single $. I was charged for project fee. I did screenshots of the project before it was deleted, but support is silent. This site has definitely worst payment system. Basically you can create account, deposit, create a project, get what you want and pay nothing. Just cancel deposit, delete the project and close your account. I wonder why it's still working.

eg262

Garbage.

UPDATE 4.29.16**************
It gets worse if you contact customer support! I really think no one there has any clue what they're really doing; random different people will e-mail you asking for the same information even though you've already sent it. They even have a random worker on Site Jabber.

This is why scammers use Freelancer.com. They know that if you go to customer support you'll get the runaround and they'll just go on their merry way and look for the next chump to steal from.

JUST SAY, "HELL NO" and trust the reviews. Freelancer.com is really as terrible as everyone says it is.

shirlyj1
4/24/16

Suddenly close my account without any reason.

tanveerj
4/24/16

After some days freelancer deducted around $400 which he paid me for some tasks I have done. Just give me the reason client charge back. BUT WHY ?? No reason.

When I have done the work then why freelancer refund employer's money. Well as I have got good experience so I bear the loss and started working again with new clients.

Last year again I get a client who need work in urgent for first task he paid me 300euro even the task was 70% completed. So I started live chat with freelancer support that I am in doubt this employer is a scammer and please review his account/identity etc etc. The support guy checked the account and confirmed me no issue and money is yours and you can withdraw the amount. Well I was keep working for him hard. Within 10 days he give me a lot of work for day and nights and paid me around 1600euro. Including some design work so I have hired a designer in my office and get the work done.

I have got the funds in my payoneer account and I have paid to designer but again same story after almost a month the client charge back and my account has gone into negative. I have worked on some other project almost $400 which freelancer deducted and remaining around -1220euro still in negative. BUT WHY CLIENT CAN CHARGE BACK IF HE GOT HIS WORK DONE ? WHY FREELANCER CAN'T GIVE PROOF TO HIS BANK ETC THAT HE PAID FOR THIS WORK OR WHY DON'T give any details to worker about the payment which employer used to scam ?

My career was depends on freelancer.com as I was doing full time work on this plate form they have just given me free membership for few months but why I work again to cover the loss. Why I bear a big loss every year ?

I have requested them on different plate forms to resolve the issue even on the CEO's twitter and their fan page etc etc.

I am sure no one will respond me from freelancer. I want them to make my balance 0 so I can continue working.

Regards
Tanveer

Tip for consumers: As a employee never start working on this plate form instead you can use any other plateform where you can establish profile for your life.

alexb155
4/23/16

Freelancer.com seems to be a great idea but the way the system works might mislead people. The portal claims it is safe and offers money back guarantee, but is not true and the customer service really ignores people, they take several days to reply through a ticket base system, always with evasive answers that just protect their abusive policies, and the phone never answers.

Freelancer allows the possibility to offer services all over the world, as well as customers to receive service outside their country boundaries, they just forgot to follow other countries laws and guidelines. Such company claims to be the market leader should not mislead and ignore customers this way, and I am pretty sure America is no longer accepting this kind of treatment anymore.

glorisa
4/22/16

They aren't clear about the money they charge on freelancer, they never tell you they'll charge you everytime you accept a job, no matter whether you accomplish it or not.
I'm really disapponted and I'll NEVER USE this website again.
I lost 50 $ they charged me for a job I never did.

goldlovingm
4/20/16

We are hiring lawyers in Australia to sue freelancer.com
We will create a website to collect those victims's proofs .

They eat our money for no reason .
and
They don't give back your deposit (They say : "delay", actually they won't give back the money and waiting for your forgetting )

gayanid
4/18/16

I completed one of my freelancer job on 27th of March 2016. Before accept the job I looked my employer's freelancer profile and he had good feedbacks. So I accepted. But still he didn't release the payment. How can you help me?

dmitryv5
4/17/16

On March 6th I created a NON-GUARANTEED contest (ID 365469). I received only 7 entries out of which 4 were stolen templates and 3 did not match even the basic requirements. As it was a non-guaranteed contest, I asked for a cancellation and refund on March 20th (#KJE-158-40193).

They did not fullfill this request for over a month (fully legit request according to T&C). On April 15th someone replied: "However, user needs to request for refund while the contest is still open or within 30 days after the contest has ended. Hence, we cannot grant your refund request."

I created the request after 14 days, well before the needed 30 days. Yet they still charged me and stole my money. Now they blocked my account and refuse to communicate.

The amount is now disputed on Paypal (PP-004-755-610-052) as well until you fullfill your part of the agreement according to your T&C.

Tip for consumers: Avoid this scam!

auzid
4/17/16

They closed my account for no reason. They never refunded my money from my running projects. Warn, never use this portal as a freelancer.

judyl36
4/16/16

I made a mistake because of their company put a different developer than the one i was going to pay, their second stage of payment showed a different developer and I have asked them to give me the money back as it was a mistake (by their site) and they first said I will get the money back in 4 days. No, it didn't happened, they send me a note after me asking them 10000 of times to give me the money back that they will close the ticket if I don't reply.
My replies are there right on top of them and they just lazy, idiotic and thiefs keeping my money, charging me for fees and they never tell you. More fees that will appear taking your money from the account, and they make it very difficult for you to get you money back to your original payment method.

DO not recommend this company, they are idiots and thiefs!!!!

marklovingw
4/16/16

freelancer.com lie to buyers and customers
that the contest (you have to
prepaid to hold contest) will
get 30 works from contestants .

and I believed freelaner.com
, then ending up
having zero real contestants and
5 fake contestants who submitted the
unrelated picture in my contest page .
Then those fake contestants asked me for give them
the prize .
and next day freelancer.com show me this message :
"It's time to choose a winning entry
Your contest has ended and you only have 11 days to select a winner. If you don't choose a winning entry within this period, your contest will be locked and you need to pay $5 USD to select a winner. Make sure to award a prize before April 27, 2016."

They should refund me when there is zero work in the contest page .

yvest3
4/16/16

Listen up Freelancer you allowed pedophiles and scammers on your page I have all the proof too.
Hope you get shutdown! Your company sucks!

marka152

Hi!

I'm Scammed by Freelancer for $4500 USD. I sent emails not less than 50 times for as long as 8 months and as always, I received auto-generated reply, stating that we'll get back to you within 48 hours and for Freelancer Team that 48 hours never come.

Whenever I tweeted on https://twitter.com/freelancer/with_replies immediately I received an auto-generated reply "Hello, Let us discuss the details of your concern through DM. Thanks." Once I let them know the issue, they say we've forwarded your issue to the concerned department and they will do the needful. Again I waited for months expecting a reply, but never received on twitter nor to our tickets.

By fellow user, I learnt that there is an option for Live Chat. I tried contacting support team through Chat. The Support Executive name is Dave. S and he was very unprofessional, ethic-less, rude and *****.

After a long chat which went for more than an hour, he had no answers for me and he said "I'm disconnecting the Chat" without providing any solution for the payment of $4500, which is Locked in my Freelancer account.

As there was no option left for me, I tried to Contact CEO Matt Barrie regarding the issue. I never got any reply to my Tweets from him. When I sent few more tweets asking for help, he blocked me on Twitter page. This clearly shows that he is the main Culprit/ Fraud/ Criminal and encouraging his Fraud Team to scam more users from Worldwide.

This is the time, I received a tweet from another user "xyx" (Not Real Name) saying even that Gentleman was scammed for $2000 USD and Freelancer Team had even Threatened and Harassed him for 6 Months, he sent me all the supporting documents related to Scam/ Harassment done by Freelancer Team.

Few users who got scammed have done a really great job by Publishing all the details/ proofs on another Forum. You can fine all the details at this link: https://justiceforfreelancers.com

Again I tried to contact Freelancer Support Team through Chat. As usual I didn't get any help despite having Chat for more than 30 Minutes. At last I was very much disturbed and I said "Don't give me auto-generated Bull$#*! replies", immediately the Support Executive said, I abused him and Closed my Freelancer Account and Scammed me for $4500 USD.

After reading Reviews on this page, I sent email to all the Freelancer Team who has mentioned their email ids here. For reference: Lara (larao@freelancer.com) and few more. But never received any reply from anyone.

Simply when you post a review here, they ask you to send an email or they will create a Ticket for you, to which they never reply. This is just an another way for fooling people.

If you go one step further, these Frauds will even say, you are not a Freelancer user at all

zakih
4/15/16

I have seen few freelancers joined FL six months ago only but they have more than 50 reviews!

On top of that their reviews show that they did large and expensive projects which means the project is time consuming.....

I'm freaked out... I'm convinced that there is a backdoor available for illegal or fraudulent freelancers...

Tip for consumers: If you are lucky then use it. Need to be very cautious.

markn68
4/15/16

Scammers with the worst customer support

seriojam
4/15/16

UPDATE: after being contacted in a very polite manner by another member of the support team, I will give freelancer a second chance. Still, it is difficult to understand the way the user interface works, regarding payments (at least in my case it was so!), and it is of course unpleasant to have to go through such unpleasant discussions with the support, and that only after appealing and making a case out of it, the complaint is accepted and corrected. But, who knows, perhaps it was an exception. Let's hope so. I'll give them a second chance. I will give them two stars more (3 instead of 1) and... let's see.
Anyway, I just read another complaint about the guy called David S., which was the same way of total rudeness to another customer:

"I tried contacting support team through Chat. The Support Executive name is Dave. S and he was very unprofessional, ethic-less, rude and *****. "

***

I just put here below a transcript of the chat I just had with a guy from the helpdesk. You can see yourself how they treat customers.

They ask for money for every little financiary step you do (each time some 5 or more), and they have a very bad user interface, which leads you to do mistakes and loose your money. There is no way to reverse wrongly done payments.

chat with "support desk", which is rather a "frustrated desk", heightening the anger of the customer that tries to contact them:

Dave S.: How can I help?
Me: I am new here and wanted to release a milestone (start of work) but I payed the whole invoice.
Me: How can be this reversed?

19:05Dave S.: What is the ID or the URL of the project related to your concern?
19:06Dave S.: Please provide the information being requested. [! here he starts to be the "bad guy" - without any reason !]

Me: https://www.freelancer.com/....

Me: the project is just starting, but it is marked "completed"! nothing was done, I was just requested by the worker I hired, to release the first milestone. (in order for him to start work)

Dave S.: This is a Fixed-Price project. Invoices can only be used for Hourly Projects. Well, we do not encourage making upfront payments. The funds that have been released can be reversed once the freelancer contacts us to give their confirmation. We always recommend employers on our site only to release Milestone Payments once the freelancer completes the project and they are satisfied with the submitted work.

Me: ok, but I am new here and I was friendly and accepted the proposed solution. AND your system told me absolute bull$#*!, that made me very confused and determined this big error.
So how can I get my money back?

Dave S.: Freelancer.com does not tolerate abusive language.
Dave S.: We have an obligation to conduct our business in accordance with all applicable rules, regulations and laws as we are committed to helping all users act in a way that preserves trust and respect within the site.
Dave S.: I suggest that you refrain from sending statements containing abusive language.

Me: The worker told me "he is on his phone and he cannot see anything related to payments on his phone" and that "I should not worry".

Dave S.: This serves as your first warning.

Me: I am sorry, but I am VERY ANGRY because your system gives contradictory advices! AND I Hope that "customer friendliness" includes to accept that I am really angry and have a lot of trouble because your USER INTERFACE is bad.

Dave S.: Further violation will result in disciplinary actions.
Dave S.: The process on how the payment you released can be returned has already been advised to you.

Me: ok, so I am here in the army, or where? I did not say anything wrong about you, I told it about the system. And "bull$#*!" is really a usual word in english language, quite mild.
I am highly dissapointed about the way there is no customer politeness from the side of "freelancer"!

Dave S.: Your frustration is understandable. However, it is not necessary to use such words.

Me: You could say this from the beginning, and not talk to me in this condescendent, totally unfriendly way!

Dave S.: You have been warned against using abusive language.
Dave S.: I will now have to end this chat session.
Dave S.: Feel free to email support@freelancer.com if you'd like to discuss this further.

I wanted to tell him that he is really, really a total idiot, but I could not, because he just closed the session! I was already very angry because their site gives you bad and contradictory recommendations when trying to pay someting, and then I was also being degraded to someone who just uses "abusive language" instead of being helped.

This is the way "freelancer.com" behaves when a customer is really pissed of because of their stupid website! I will of course work on getting my money back and then take care not to come back there again!

alexg101

Город: Донецк
Адрес в интернете: http://portfolio.ltd.ua/

КИДАЛОВО!!!!!!!

Ключевая информация
Трехмерное моделирование объектов любой сложности (органика/неорганика) в пакете 3DsMax.
UV - mapping, в том числе с использованием сторонних програм. Создание модели интерьера/экстерьера с нуля.
Текстурирование трехмерных объектов(органика/неорганика) в программах Photoshop.

Фотореалистичная визуализация в VRay
Глубокое знание инструментов, принципов и технологий трехмерной графики.

Опыт работы
2010 2012: 3D моделер-визуализатор
Интерьерная, экстерьерная, предметная визуализация, моделирование предметов и объектов
".

Русский родной
Украинский родной

Дополнительная информация
Компьютерные навыки
В совершенстве владею пакетом трехмерного моделирования 3ds Max в связке с Photoshop, а также рендерами VRay,After Effects

AutoCAD на базовом уровне.

Имею навыки работы в програмах: Adobe Illustrator, After Effect, Premier др.

КИДАЛОВО!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kunals3
4/15/16

I have been worked for freelancer.com promotion in the beginning. Previously it's Getafreelancer.com

I have also suggested so many important features to improve freelancer.com, they said that I will get paid for my suggestions but they did not pay even they implemented all of my suggestions.

Still there are so many drawback in the websites, but they do only their own profits not for service providers nor buyers.

I have been stopped working on Freelancer.com since 1 year because it has been providing worst services among of all outsourcing platforms.

If still they will improve their system then freelancer.com will be hide in next few years from the internet as ORKUT and other websites.

ekr
4/13/16

I will wait for my reversal on the 7th of May and I will wait my Withdrawal to Paypal until May 19-20, 2016 for the processing date.

I had too many problems about fake employers, sponsor bid, etc. Even if the progress is slow, they're doing their best to bring it back to me. If I won't get my hard earned withdrawal money, I'll let you guys know.

Tip for consumers: You must review the ToS and Fees and Charges before you argue with them. Don't link your credit card. Just link it when you're withdrawing.

I have FULL trust on freelancer.com that they will SUCCESFULLY PROCESS my money to put in my Paypal account. So I'm willing to wait until the processing date and the release date

yousafz
4/13/16

I posted a project, they asked me to create a milestone (money safe) and then once the Freelancer has done the job I should release the money from the Milestone. Freelancer never got back to me after I paid THROUGH PAYPAL thinking that it's safe. Freelancer has never returned my £620. They just disabled my account and just keep sending email over and over again. DNT EVEN USE PAYPAL BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT INSURED WITH PAYPAL WITH THIS COMPANY!! How Pathetic is PAYPAL

everyonee
4/12/16

If you want to learn what a market for lemons looks like (the hard way).... join freelancer.com

Nearly every project is spam. For example, a typical project might be a college student requesting you do their semester thesis in the next 4 hours for $12USD.

Or... you'll be the last in a long chain of fools who is trying to do the work which a failing company decided to out-source in order to magically avoid paying the legitimate cost of simply doing a good job from the outset.

It's amazing how low a race to the bottom can go!

(P.S. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Market_for_Lemons )

alexm197
4/12/16

I have worked for somebody who canceled the payment and I couldn't get any of the money because this site has no ways for preventing this. Of course, they didn't disable the scammer's account. They could draw their fees from my account, tough. Avoid

freelancew
4/12/16

Nonpayment of an invoice. I'm so mad, I sent too many updates on my existing ticket, and I think they DON'T HAVE PLAN OF it GETTING RESOLVED. The only way you can get five stars from me is FIX YOUR CUSTOMER SUPPORT. I even voted your website as the best one in Webby Awards. LIKE What the f***

Update: Worthless message.

Nothing happened. Even the rules that my employer broke, nothing happened at all.

Because their reason is "Freelancer is just a sht platform.

rubyb25

Hello
Sir I am Ruby . I am work as freelancer to design and develop website and My complete against freelancer.com website. I am use this website for find client word wide for my business and freelancer.com web site provide this service with 10% fees of every project award time
I am find one client which want to make a website for her business our deal is done and i am start work on my client website now half of website is complete and my client like my work quality so that's why my client send me $1000 (USD) in my freelancer account and freelancer cut $95 of own Fess I am agree with this because its freelancer.com police
And now 7 day ago i am send request for $900 (USD) withdraw my freelancer account money to my Paypal account.
But they cancel my withdraw request and ask some verification. So i am send My voter card Photo of both side for verification my identity and one My picture
but they not accept it and ask to send bank copy photo and Adhara card photo for verification yesterday i am send my Adhara card card photo and bank copy photo and voter card photo in holding with my hands But they reject my all identity verification
and now they can not reply my mail and massages
i think they do not send money in my account

they ask silly question like what is your project i am tell some information like we are work on shopping web site not full because its harmful for our project security and My client want full privacy for project before we lunch world wide.

no help center reply my mail and massages

at the end they block my account i am not login my account
if account login after few second automatically logout

shrutim
4/12/16

Hi, I an an active upwork & odesk user. Recently, I joined freelancer.com and posted a job. I awarded the job to one of the freelancer and my card was charged immediately.
However, the next day I was not able to login and was getting a message that my account is closed, I was absolutely shocked!
When I mailed them for an explanation, they didn't offer any and simply slapped a term included in their user agreement that states that they may not offer any explanation for closure of account and will not refund anything.
Strange, in this era, how long an one survive with such service?
I lost money but got a lesson to pass on to everyone. Don't user freelancer.com

Update:
This is hilarious, after reading my review above, they want me to respond to a ticket that requires me to login , when they've already closed my account and upon login, the site doesn't let me login
Great!

animalp1
4/12/16

too bad service. all robot reply. nobody actually help the employer!!!
worst service that i ever has on Internet!!!

janardhanat1

Hi there!

We are a team of Freelancers, who met on Freelancer.com few months ago. Unfortunately, we all lost on an average of $2000, on Freelancer.com WHITE COLLAR SCAM. Later when we asked them to return our hard earned money, they harassed us and finally closed our accounts too.

By requesting a team of Tech Monsters and with the help of Law Experts, we got an Online Complaint Forum to post all the FREELANCER.COM Frauds, Scams and Harassment, We request you people as well, to come and post/ share your Bad Experience with providing enough proof/ evidence at: justiceforfreelancers.com

Lets join together and save Millions of People from getting SCAMMED & HARASSED by Fraud FREELANCER. COM

When we started to approach them Via Twitter, they started to Block us like COWARDS. Finally we decided not only they are International Scammers, but in fact they are SHAMELESS bunch of thieves. We approached CEO Matt Barrie for help, he never replied us or had courtesy to do that.

So now we have decided to alert each and every user of Freelancer, Every Country Govt Agencies, Law Agencies, Courts, Media, Groups and lot more about the Scams and Harassment's done by Fraud Freelancer.com to the USERS

We are doing this to save innocent people from Losing their HARD EARNED MONEY. We are NOT trying to DEFAME, HARASS, ABUSE, HURT or THREATEN FREELANCER.COM OR FREELANCER TEAM. Whatever/ However the FREELANCER.COM might incur LOSS, HURT, DAMAGES, we are NOT RESPONSIBLE, as we are only trying to save innocent peoples life, by POSTING SCAMS and HARASSMENT done by FREELANCER.COM TEAM.

NOTE TO FREELANCER.COM: We are not going to STOP until, we get our HARD EARNED MONEY with SANCTION which we are going to IMPOSE. Now we are FREE to expose FREELANCER.com SCAMS, FRAUDS & HARASSMENT, as we are no more USERS of INTERNATIONAL FRAUD FREELANCER.COM. Enjoy

jayb109
4/11/16

So, I used the website based on a recommendation from a friend. First project, the Freelancer does not complete the project and disappears off the face of the earth (to be fair, she didn't claim her money either!!)
So, second time lucky? I post a second Project. The quality of the work was looking pretty poor and after the time period had elapsed to deliver the whole project and I hadn't even had the first part delivered, i was giving up hope. So what else could possibly go wrong?

So, I am checking my bank statement as I regularly do, only to find that Freelancer.com had decided to dip their thieving grubby hands into my credit card, not once.....but twice! Whats worse is that they had failed to credit my Freelancer account with the funds - 5 DAYS after the smash and grab!

I them spent 30 minutes trawling through their crappy website trying to find a customer service number and email address -(good luck with that by the way!) only to find that they have employed the CIA to ensure that none of their customers can ever find them.
I eventually find a template which a can submit to a literal black hole in India somewhere and Lo and behold.......Yep you guessed it! No one came back to me.

So, I called my Bank and disputed the two transactions. As soon as they had done than and quicker than you can say "Thieving bunch of rats" I receive a message on my Freelancer Profile telling me that My profile had been suspended until i informed them of why I dint think it was okay for them to debit money from my card without my permission! Also, I need to provide them with Passport and/or Drivers licence and Utility bill and/or bank statement (I was super comfortable with providing an already proven untrustworthy outfit with an identity scammers field day kit!).

But here's the thing. I hire this guy in Mexico who is working his butt off to deliver what I have asked him to do and frankly I honour my agreements. So i cobble together some information that satisfied their needs. A promise that 48 hours after submission of these documents, my account would be

So I put money onto my account to pay him and waited 48 hours. Couldn't release. Wait 4 days. Still couldn't release. Now more than 5 days on. They are still 'reviewing' the documents i sent and not releasing the funds to the Freelancer.

THEY HAVE OF COURSE DEDUCTED THEIR POUND OF FLESH - RIGHT!!

SH*T REALLY does not get much worse than this!

These guys are either completely inept, completely corrupt or completely both. Whatever the conclusion (and I have a very clear idea of where I think they sit) I would steer the hell away from these cowboys.

A great Idea and if it was being run out of London or Palo Alto then I would be 95% behind it.

God only knows who runs this outfit;
Where they run it from;
What they do with your credit card details;
What they do with your personal data........

We must all be F*cking crazy (myself included) to be using this site as we don't know the answer to any of the above questions!!!!!

So, in order to make it look like they really do exist and function as a company, they employ a monkey to respond to the appalling reviews they are getting. My particular chimp sent me a message saying that they are holding on to MY money for MY protection!!!

We Pal, I didn't have any issues through life......that is.....until I got involved wth your f*cking sh*t organisation. You are a bunch of crooks and need to be out of business!

I have checked your verification centre and you are still verifying the same documents more that a week late Sh*twad so what the f*ck was the point of your comment you silly c*nt!

aar969
4/11/16

Been working in different freelance site but this one is the most disappointing freelance site ever. Payment Not Guaranteed even if the employer will deposit. Even if there is a milestone and dispute system it will never gonna work, they will still hold the money or funds and you'll not get paid,says they need to verify where the funds originated to avoid further inconvenience to the other users. We implemented this to veer you away from being involved in any transactions with them, as it may compromise your account. So this is the message i receive after winning a dispute from a client who did not want to pay. I don't understand what the use of their dispute system.

They did not protect their freelancers. Please be aware!!!

harroopk
4/8/16

Hi,

Client had hired me for a project worth of $1100. Domain was part of the project and I purchased Domain from my money and completed the Project. Client was very happy with my work and gave me 5 Star rating with one the best Feedback.

The next morning, when I logged in to Freelancer.com, I was literally shocked to see around -ve $1300. Then I contacted Support team to know whether the negative balance is showing by mistake and this is the support I got from Customer Support Team.

1. Support Team said Employer Violated Terms & Conditions, so the milestone was reversed.
2. Support Team agreed that Tier 2 Team was aware that project Violated Terms & Conditions
3. They never returned the project Fee of $55
4. They did Currency Conversion twice and scammed Close to another $100 USD.
5. When I demanded for the Payment, they disconnected chat and Limited my Account
6. After few hours they sent Apology email stating, that the Chat was Disconnected from Support Team purposely
7. Next time when I again Contacted Support Team, they Closed my account.

I would never ever trust these International Fraud/ Scam Marketplace Freelancer.com

The world's largest scamming and harassing marketplace where anyone and everyone can get literally scammed and harassed for anything and everything even before you can think of quitting. Post your project for free and get literally scammed and harassed by Freelancer.com Team

NOTE: I don't want assistance from your Fraud Freelancer.com team anymore. We've started Campaign and we will make sure we approach each and every country govt and law agencies, post and share about your Frauds, Scams and Harassment on Media, Social Media not limited to, just to make sure, than no more people will get scammed by your Fraud Freelancer.com Moreover we will not stop this until we get our hard earned money with our claims. Enjoy

constancem12
4/7/16

I am on site jabber.com and am reading one bad review after another about freelancer.com. I have tried getting work from that site for about a month and have seen my horrible experience over and over again on site jabber. Guess I should have looked here first! Especially since I am out $100. The worst part is that I received an email the other day asking me to vote for them to win an AWARD for being one of the BEST freelance sites out there. HOW is that POSSIBLE.

hannan9
4/7/16

UPDATE: As everyone can see, Freelancer has replied to my review on this website. My support tickets, however, still go unanswered, although the rep apparently had the time to check the ticket number and confirm that it exists. My ticket was submitted on the 30th of April, so that is almost 2 weeks now that I've been waiting for a reply. What else do you need to know of a company, other than that their representatives give more importance to replying to bad reviews on other websites, than actually taking care of customer service on their own website?

UPDATE 2:

After updating my review and sending a private message to the rep asking for them to actually look at my ticket, I received a reply - only to my original query. The CS rep that replied to me completely ignored my second message (and problem), and just marked my ticket as completed. I had to manually open it again to be able to reply to her and aks her to read my other messages as well!

The word that comes to mind is "underwhelmed".

Original review:

I was awarded two projects on Freelancer.com during the same week - one for an hourly contract and one for a fixed-price contract. Having been burned by scammers previously, I was smart about my payments this time and had the client deposit the payment in as a milestone. I completed my work and sent the files to him, after which he gave me additional work. I was overjoyed! I created an invoice for the amount equal to the extra work and sent it to him, which he promptly paid. Much to both of our surprise, what happened is that the paid invoice absorbed the milestone into it, and only charged the client for the amount that went over what he had initially deposited. This made for a very uncomfortable moment when I had to ask the client to verify if this is what actually happened, and basically had to ask him to repay something we both had thought he had already put into escrow!

On an hourly contract, things got even more bizarre. I was hired for a very short job, so the client deposited only an hour's worth of money to give me a sense of security. I did the work using the time tracker (which is now required), and after completing my work - which took 1 hour and 42 minutes - I received an immediate automated e-mail telling me how many hours I had worked so far that week and what they were worth. The e-mail stated showed an accurate amount and also told me that an invoice would be automatically generated and sent to the client on this and this day. Alright, cool. Much to my surprise, however, the automatically created invoice did not actually bill the client according to my real-time worked hours (like it said in the e-mail), it had billed him a flat hour - even though my actual working time was written on the invoice, just like an afterthought. "Worked hours 1.42, billed hours 1." Why? The client's already paid my invoice and left me stellar feedback, so asking him to pay the rest is another awkward situation I really wish I didn't have to be in. On top of this all, I sent an e-mail to support about this over a week ago, and the only thing I've received back is "we will be in touch in 24 hours"!

When you combine this with the fact that I keep getting invites to apply to jobs that specify a budget which is 1/3 of the rate written on my profile, the fact that Freelancer sends you tons of spam that clogs up your e-mail, and the fact that there is now a minimum charge for each project you are granted (which is charged immediately after you land the project, by the way - and thus forces you to require the client to release 10% of funds immediately just so your account doesn't go to minus from the project fee), making projects with a budget of under 50 dollars a complete waste of time when all things are considered, Freelancer has just become an absolute garbage website. I'm very disappointed.

uguru
4/5/16

If you had high hopes to work as a freelancer via this platform. I must warn you about what will happen to you soon:
- Complete project take money
- Try to transfer money from freelancer and it stalls and they always have some reason to hold your money on their pocket.
- After sometime you will see that they will charge you back as much money as u earn.
- Or you complete a project and employer may disappear and without completing job. So you can not leave negative feedback to this

AS YOU SEE THIS WEBSITE SEEMS DESIGNED FOR SLAVES WHO WORKS FOR NOTHING.

TAKE YOUR OWN RISK!

AND ASK FOR REAL SCREENSHOTS FROM MY ACCOUNT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED

twitter: #freelancerscam

akhilbabut
4/4/16

I have been working for them for past 1 year, and had encountered delay in the payment 8 times out of 14 times. The site provides absolutely no security. Please check the other reviews ,believe it yourself, never link your credit card to their freelancer account or deposit any money. I will do my best to spread what kind of scam are they doing here and tell all the current client to stop working there. I am also going to post a video that I screen recorded about the freelancer support, I don't care if they close my account because of this review but please don't waste your time and energy by joining this stupid,fraud and BS website.

144 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Freelancer staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 days ago
Add your answer
4 days ago
Answer
elainek10
A: They called you becaus freelancer dot com is a fraud and the credit card companies know this. Stay away from them, give them nothing.
4 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Freelancer staff and other customers.

77 Photos for Freelancer