US Government's NSF

Freelancer reviews

Suite 52, Jones Bay Wharf, 26-32 Pirrama Rd, 26-32 Pirrama Rd
Pyrmont, New South Wales 2009, Australia
support@freelancer.com

People interested in Freelancer are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

minth

I found out someone was trying to withdraw the money I earned, good thing they saw it and I was informed. (in 360 reviews)

ancab

As long as you learn to manage your account, everything will be alright. (in 350 reviews)

johnt83

I add two hundred dollars into the account, then my project stalls. (in 302 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

rickd44
8/30/15

They continually come up with reasons to cancel my first withdrawal so that I can never reach the 15 day time period and have to keep starting over on the withdrawal process. Most recently I talked to a support person and was assured that this current withdrawal would go through and then today, when it was supposed to, it was canceled again. I'm absolutely furious and am going to contact government organizations in the areas they have offices to fight this.

dz23
8/28/15

First I would like to say Freelancer is legit. I mean real employers are able to look up real freelancers, hire them and pay them.
I have worked with freelancers as an off jobs and have made over 500$ that I have been able to cash out.

However people that decide to work at freelancer need to do there due-diligences. This company is not perfect, and there are some flaws with the system.

I hope with time the freelancer support team will work even harder to correct it's reputation.

That being said Freelancer is not a scam and if you use a little common sense you should be fine!

ryans100
8/27/15

You get a payment. Then all of it gets reversed and you get left with a negative amount.

Apparently, the employer is using "fraudulent means" to pay you. YOU, the employee, the one WHO WORKED THEIR ASS OFF, has to pay the negative funds.

What if the Freelancer staff just made an account with fake payment methods and hired some poor random victim and said that they had to pay the negative fees?

They simply close the fraud account and say that the person who worked has to pay. What the heck?

Also, the employer who paid me had a "verified" payment method according to Freelancer.com. That is complete bullcrap.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it.

tianx
8/27/15

Experience with freelancer as a employer is very bad. In my first project, payed one guy with perfect feedback 500 dollar in advance, nothing at all happened. every time ask him for progress, it will be next day. After a month Freelancer.com can't do anything for my lost. I saw maybe I was just bad luck, I re-post the project, and paid $25 dollar for recruiter service, doubled the project budget, quote me 20 days to finish, after 3 month still not done, then told me they already meet all my requirement, if want them to continue, I will need to pay more?!? I have released $500 already, basically lost another 500. when you paid Freelancer.com will ask you to agree the money will not be refund. BUT even they did the part of the work, how would employer know they would be able to finish the rest?? they using the money you already paid for kidnap, until you finally give up the hope for them. Waste money and TIME!!

About customer support: after ticket create #CFD-660-66278, not a single updates after two weeks, chat with support people, the support people ask me to read the ticket, then tell me it is handle in another department, he know nothing about.
Again, their support is about nothing when you need.

kierank8
8/26/15

Why do the never man their chat room? I have lodged 2 tickets for support over 1 week ago and they never respond to me.

Pretty much worst customer service I've come across in a long time. Very disappointing and will never use again. In fact I'll make it my mission to bad mouth Freelancer to everyone I know, unless I get some assistance and a resolution on my matter.

nishantp1
8/24/15

freelancer.com have closed all my account because I am earning more
they ceased my more 5,000 $ and now they are not returning my money back.

In fact their customer support is also very rude they close they chat whenever you ask for your money

please you guys stay away from this website.

rinkusur
8/24/15

When i have completed job according to a milestone(Completed translation of 7500 words. $ 250 USD), and sent him part of completed translation for verification, Employer demanded that i should deliver completed job to him for free (for 0(ZERO) payment). After i refused to deliver completed job FOR FREE, for 0(zero) payment, and sent him part of completed translation as a proof of its completion, then Employer elected job to a Dispute.
After Dispute was elected for Arbitration, Freelancer.com staff declared Employer as a winner, on the grounds that he was not satisfied since he did not received my job for free.
Quote from Freelancer.com Dispute Team:
"Milestone Payments are intended to be released upon the completion of all project requirements relevant to the Milestone. This includes the buyer's satisfaction with the seller's output."
It was a translation job that has taken 5 days to complete(10 000 words), and Employer was satisfied with translation of free sample he provided. After that Freelancer.com Dispute Team simply confirmed that i should have worked for free without any payment, and refused to release payment for me, solving dispute in favor of fraudulent Employer.
I have lost $25 for bidding on $250 worth job, and lost additional $12.50 for electing disptute to arbitrage. At all i have lost 5 full working days and $37.5 USD, thanks to Freelancer.com Dispute Team staff, who it seems support fraudulent Employers, since this simple fraud scheme got $25 (10% from bid on project fee) directly in Freelancer.com deep pockets.
Avoid Freelancer.com like a plague.

mohamedh9
8/23/15

I am a freelance web developer I bid on a project posted by an indian employer to integrate paypal payment in his website. After finishing the work he didn't have accounts to test the payment, and said he was going to pay as he saw the site working in the sand box, but he didn't release the milestone.
I fired a dispute and attached all evidence that the work is done and he promised to pay, but freelancer ended up saying that I didn't finish on time and refunded milestone to the indian one.
If you want to be scammed go to freelancer.com

laural61
8/22/15

My account is about to be suspended, and my US$450 will soon disappear. Not much for some, but I am living in a third world country and the 450 dollars will help me to live for one full month and two weeks. They asked for account verification, which included the kind of photo you see in criminals profile. Then they asked for documents I did not have. The time limit to submit these is 45 days.

I asked for options. The delay for answer a simple email was up to ONE MONTH. So, I had 15 days or less to submit something. Since I am unemployed and living with my parents, one peson in support told me "you can submit a utility bill even if it is not under your name provided that you submit a proof of relation to the recipient of that utility bill".
Then, the told me in the website these kind of documents were invalid.

I had suffered sexual harrasment due a false project I was invited. When discussing the details, I was told I should have a sex-camchat with the employer. I said no and I informed helpdesk. The told me they will take care of it. Result? The poject was still here, open, and my static of always in tima was ruined. It was not the noly one of this kind of project i was invited, alwas with the same result: "Oh, yes, we will do something" and then, nothing.

Telling this is sadistic is a little too soft for what I am feeling now.

If you want to be robbed and sexually harrassed, this is your website.

ulyssesa9
8/21/15

I tried Freelancer.com to find jobs for my call center, only to be scammed twice. First by a user who never paid me, and by another user who clonned the website to send me an email stating that a milestone had been placed for me. So I lost two weeks of hard work, plus employee wages and other costs. I tried to contact customer support for help to no avail.

elainek10
8/21/15

My user profile says I am a member since 2006. That is because I think they either bought my name or got it from one of the various companies they bought that I may have used in the past.

I posted to have a web site done and got many responses within two days. Most of them had not read what I was trying to do. A few did and seemed very qualified. I gave the award to a freelancer.

Here is where they started taking money as fast as they could and from where ever they could.

To get going I entered a new credit card (Bank A) and authorized payment of the full contract amount to this credit card. They had info on another credit chard (Bank B) I did not want to use for this project.

I was charged more at Bank A, but said to myself, ok this must include their fees. But for transparency, I thought then they should have itemized everything like a real vendor before a customer would click yes. (I should have stopped Bank A authorizing the charge at that moment when what I clicked yes to did not match the charge. )

Then at the same time suddenly I was boosted to a full member status without warning. (I never asked for this, and it would mean monthly charges in the future.)

And then this: They also -- and at the same time -- made various charges to the Bank B credit card. (The one I did not use) The first one got through, but my bank -- before I even knew it was going on -- stopped the other charge for over 1,600. I only recently found out about that.

So then I wanted to release initial funds to the contractor to get started on the project -- a first milestone. Thinking that I had funds in the account (I just paid a bunch of money) I wanted to release a portion to the freelancer to start. It is fair and shows good will on my part. With this they billed the milestone payment (plus more fees) to my credit card again for this same project.

Granted, maybe I made an erro in their system charging myself again: Butt it is clear that they have designed their system for lack of transparency and to get as much as they can as fast as they can through confusion for both freelancer and employer. (Isn't this how all scammers work?)

Seeing my error, I immediately contacted customer support requesting a reverse of the charge I made to my credit card and Bank A in error.

(Keep in mind at this point I did not realize they also made a series of test charges to Bank B, then one smallish charge of around 30.00 before their attempt to double bill the project to Bank B.)

Customer support gave all the BS reasons why they could not do a reverse on the charge in error to Bank A. They said I had to deal with the freelancer and go to my bank. It was not about solving a problem they could, it was about pushing me off. I won't bore you with the insane back and forth. But again, this is how scammers operate.

Then I called my bank and tried to get a stop on that payment I made in error. (It has since gone through.)

Meanwhile, I detected there was a stop on that credit card at Bank B as it kept getting rejected why trying to conduct my daily business. Low and behold, Freelancer.com had been trying to make charges against that card as well and I did not know it until my bank smelled something fishy going on.

And not only that. At the same time I unfortunately entered the trap of freelancer.com various charges were being made by a software company I had never heard of. So there were not only unauthorized charges at Bank B by Freelancer.com but also my card had been obviously compromised through their system.

Being upset with these fast folding developments, I then cancelled the project over Freelancer.com. I then tried to cancel my membership. But they won't let me. Nor can I get the funds of over thousands back from them.

I am now out thousands of dollars for nothing. They have probably also charged the freelancer even though he no longer has the project.

Hey, I am willing to let them keep the 30-some dollars they did successfully take from Bank B where no charges were authorized. I'll write that off as a commission they can keep for allowing me to post my project on their site.

But not the thousands they took from Bank A.

So in short freelancer.com

1. doubled charged me for one project on two different credit cards,
2. Broke up charges into different fees, unbeknownst to me
3. Did not provide an itemized invoice before clicking the charge approval (like Amazon or any real merchant would)
4. Refused to reverse a large charge made in error (they could have done that immediately, as all honest merchants do all the time. (With the contracted project fully funded they could see that it was an error.)

5. Apparently, almost surely, compromised my card at Bank B (where they did test charges first, and then tried to double bill the project.

6. Have refused to allow me to end my membership even though my project with them is cancelled.

This is not only terrible for me (it has cost me thousands of dollars and now the project may not be done) but for the freelancer as well as now he does not have the business and it is no way for good freelancers to get business over a platform like that.

Now, if Freelancer. com refunds my money (they can keep the unauthorized money they got from Bank B as their commission for posting my project.) I will revisit this posting and make good. But for now my strong advice is to stay away, far away from Freelancer.com

Update in response to Freelancer's rely.

1. I never upgraded the project. That is bunk.

2. I was charged on two credit cards for one project.

3. I made an milstone charge to my credit card in error when there were already sufficient funds in my account (eventough Freelancer confused me by saying there was a -0- account.

4. I cancelled the project after all those charges were made.

5. As your your ticket? Huh? Why would I give you my bank details after you already compromised my credit card? All you need to do is reverse the funds directly. You know that. Stop scamming. Stop the lies to your own customers upon which you depend for your survival.

Like I said, RUN AWAY FAST from freelancer.com

Hope this information helps you Freelancer and take care !!!

PS: By The Way, Freelancer.com, did you ever wonder why you have practically and absolutely the worst rating possible for an online vendor???

martint30
8/21/15

A typical chat with Freelancer.com support:
Me: When will me account be verified? The winner of my contest is waiting for his money.
Freelancer.com support: You have to upload documents to the verification form.
Me: I tried 5 times already, in 3 different browsers, but there's a bug in your form, it won't accept uploads.
Freelancer.com support: I will forward your concern to department X.
Me: Your colleague has already done that last week, and 2 other colleagues the weeks before. But I did not get any response whatsoever.
Freelancer.com support: Please wait for department X to contact you.
Me: I have already waited for over 3 weeks now and reported this issue 5 times before, but nothing seems to happen.
Freelancer.com support: Please wait for department X to contact you.
Me: Can you tell me when they will contact you?
Freelancer.com support: I cannot tell but I will forward your concern to department X again.
etc.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this website if you value your money.

krisk27
8/20/15

So I did a project and completed it 100% and the employer sent me a payment. 2 days later Freelancer.com reversed the payment, yet they still charged me their cut. So now freelancer.com is charging me to do work. They said the employer violated their terms of services, so what does that have to do with MY MONEY? Nothing. They are scam artists. They don't care about freelancers at all. All they care about is getting their cut.... which they charge you even if you don't get paid, and on top of that I pay freelancer a monthly fee. Total Scam. I am reporting them to BBB. Don't use freelancer.com lets put them out of business!!

mandyl3
8/19/15

I used their services to hire a "developer" based in Bangladesh and they charged me for the same milestone twice because they said that they couldn't charge the original CC I gave them. It has been 3 months and my CC hasn't been able to resolve this issue even though I have proof of the double charge and also I was able to make a screen grab from a page on their site where it clearly shows that they were applying a credit on my acct. Needless to say that they didn't and on top of that, they closed my acct. It looks like you can't file a legitimate claim against them or they will close your acct. as punishment.

On top of everything else, the so called "developer" did on my website was garbage. The site was down for a few hours and it became slower than molasses. There is a reason the developers on that site (mostly form third world countries) are able to be willing to work for less, THEY ARE NOT GOOD!

nupura
8/19/15

They are frauds. i have sign up on freelancer first time and got the project.
After awarding the project they have deducting amount from my credit card without any notification or email. just got a message from my bank. and now project employer is not responding , they are saying they will not refund my money. they have hidden conditions which you never know without experiencing it. they are worst and i will definitely take some serious step regarding the same.

erickm25
8/18/15

They use misleading tactics and figures to get you to spend money, a little here and there. But it adds up. So while they may be legitimate, they make a lot of money from unsuspecting novices hoping to make some money. It's like the banking scam where you round to the nearest dollar and you take the change (have you seen the movie Office Space?). Well, they make a few dollars here and there from millions of freelancers who never get paid (some do, I know). This is a very shady business practice in my opinion. Especially when they advertise these small purchase as if it will help us get awarded. But there are contradictions abound.
If you try to downgrade your account, it warns you that it takes about 30 bids before you get awarded (on average). But wait, I thought if I paid 10$ get my bid to the top of the list and to highlight my bid and do all of that other stuff, then my likelihood of getting awarded would be "very likely"
Well then after 30 bids I should get awarded 10-20 times, right?
This also implies that if you pay enough money then you will get awarded, even if you are not the most qualified. That's a poor business model, but it helps them make money (Freelancer that is, not us). From the perspective of the person posting a job, that's not a good mindset either. They should want the most qualified. Or they will hire based on their biases (which is something that freelancer cannot control).
It also highly favors older users, or users that have already established a reputation.
If someone has 40 reviews, and someone has 0 reviews, who would YOU be more likely to award the project to?
Listen freelancer, if a user has 40 reviews and has a 4.5 star rating, how much more likely are they to be awarded than someone who has no reviews? Is it 500%, 1000%, 2000%, 5000%? Yeah, you don't post those kind of figures because you would lose money.
If you are new, don't expect to be awarded even 1 out of 30 of your bids. Far far less than that.
It's a subtle scam, but it nonetheless a scam. You really charge $5 per test, every attempt? Really? Really? Foreshame, foreshame. It's not that you charge that's the real problem, it's that you lure us into believing that paying the $5 will increase our chances of being awarded by 370%! What a joke. And I don't want to hear from customer service. You are just within a corrupt flawed system, and you will defend because you are part of it. I know, I worked in customer service before. You are paid to resolve complaints. Well, my complaint is with the entire system of freelancer.com and there is nothing you can do to resolve that. It's a systematic issue, and requires fixing at the top. So please refund all of the money I was scammed out of and delete my account. I have sent 3 tickets already and it's been more than 2 weeks without a response. Bravo.

Edit after Lara's response:
Like I said, the foundation of this company is baseless. Getting rich off the naive dreams of others.
It's no different than Craig's List, only you don't have to pay to get work on Craig's list. It's full of just as much smut and junk as Craig's list as well. You say you are just a platform, but that's a big joke. Platform's don't get that rich off of the bottom feeders like me. I'm done wasting my time and money on your site. You should be ashamed (the owners, CEO).

Another update, 8/24/2015.
Customer service refuses to allow me to contact CEO or manager, or they may just be ignoring my request.
This is rather telling of the sort of company they are running. They do not want to take any responsibility or accountability. It's always our fault, or we agreed to this or that, or we did this or that. There's nothing wrong with freelancer at all, it's we who have the problem. At least that's the message I keep getting from customer service --whether its indirect or not.

Tip for consumers: Newcomers will have a hard time getting a job, and I hear that you have a hard time getting paid if you actually do complete a job. I don't even want to find out. I have washed my hands of this awful site and I suggest everyone else do the same.

johng225
8/18/15

I recommend anyone to STAY AWAY from Freelancer.com.
Just take a look at their web site and ask your self: How do I contact them? Is there a number to call?

NO. There isn't!

We are a US based company and had to request our old account to be closed after they associated us with the German flag, while being in the business trip to Germany... Now they keep making our life hard, blocking our account 2 weeks after we have verified it, sent all IDs and spoke over the phone. Now they block payments released to freelancers who are working for us, causing us damage. We have been their customers from the day VWorked was acquired by Freelancer.com. I know Matt, their CEO and he knows me, but their support system and 1st tier support are handled very bad..

joep142
8/18/15

Long story short Freelancer double charged me with help of PayPal and now both of them say sorry, you have no case. Scam Scam Scammers. Will never use Scamlancer or PayPal
again. I advise you to research this Dynamic Scam duo before you do.

diversifiedc
8/16/15

After posting the review my funds were placed in my account for freelancer but once again they have yet to refund my money into Paypal account. They stated its under review until my information can be verified. After 48 I should have had my money. This service is HORRIBLE. I do not recommend this to anyone.

rajeshenp
8/15/15

Hello,

I have delivered a project on last Wednesday to escrow and since then nothing from

freelancer and the employer. No one replied to my emails.

Is that normal??

How much time it takes to clear the milestone?

Please advise

stephv
8/13/15

This place is horrible! BEWARE they took money out of my account multiple times thinking I would not notice. Not only that there is no phone number to call and they are difficult to get in contact with through email ... I am still waiting for response. They steal your money and take unauthorized money from your bank! Very frustrated I will never use them again. That was my first and last time.

robertl136
8/13/15

I used this website for almost 3 years and I have to admit my first year was good but after that things get worse even trying their standard membership for 1 year but didn’t get really much project here, most of them are just fake and the sad news is every time you get hired freelancer will automatically deduct 5% on your account even if the project is fake! You may ask for a refund but it is a case to case basis and not all can be refunded. (see attached image)

I tried to focus only on joining contest since I can’t get any decent jobs. I always pick the guaranteed ones knowing that It is safer but it is not! I got scam by an employer and freelancer cannot do anything about it.

The freelancer system got loopholes and it is not safe here anymore!!

I made some calculations from day 1 of the contest up to the contest handover where I spend some time to finish the project and after that the money wasn’t actually there, freelancer cancelled my withdrawal due to investigation or review on the employer's payment authenticity. I even got a negative balance, what the hell?? They just manipulated my account and fix the problem but I never got the price. For almost 2 months they failed to verify the payment.

I asked freelancer support about the verification process but they don’t want to share this; to avoid users on abusing the system… it’s like they just admitted that their system sucks!

I suspect that they only verify the employer’s payment authenticity after the contest handover is done. Imagine doing all the employers request during the contest and contest handover and after that you’ll just gonna find out that you got scammed? Do you think this is fair?
They even deleted the contest page where I won. Why??

They offered me a free standard membership for 4 months and told me that they can help? How can that be?? As I’ve said earlier I already tried this standard membership for 1 year and even switch to lower memberships, didn’t any good ones. You also have to make sure that you money on your freelancer account before you start bidding.

I attached some screenshots, try to pay attention also on the dates so you can see how long they respond.

nupurk
8/12/15

I am a market researcher...any idea if i would be able to get any work on this site?

johnr241
8/11/15

I have read several reviews about a scam and such, but I had never experienced any billing/payment issues until yesterday. However, after a quick chat with a support team representative, I was refunded immediately. Additionally, my experience on the site has been quick job-finding and quick payments and it is definitely one of the best freelance sites out there.

kamranm
8/10/15

I work for 4 month and make 40 icons unlimited Revision take to months. at last he open dispute and win i didn't get any $0 , my proof was solid but still he win i don't understand , and all icons are still using on his website . he claim not in time not quality then why he update all icons after i ask for new milestone he again open dispute , i think this employee have some Friends in dispute team . you take 5$ very fast on new project .but at least i should get some payment he given me $0 for 4 months unlimited revisions .
and icons still using on web app , after 4 month he don't like the quality this is Movies Scene . I hate Freelncer now !

All Guys need to see these images and decide who must win the dispute. see all icons are still using by employee . his text was real proof for Freelancer my all images are fake crazy

stellam14
8/8/15

Freelancer insisted on being paid upfront and then tried to give me crap work without changing it to be the way I requested. Then stops replying to communication. Contacted their support for a refund and didn't hear back at all.

matthewt28
8/6/15

Avoid at all cost. They closed my account without given any real reason and refuse to realse my funds back to me and claim I gave them no money.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site.

namitaj
8/5/15

I have been on this site for a year and a half. Barring some minor operational hiccups and a few dicey employers, the experience has been good throughout. I recommend this site.

praveenk6
8/5/15

1. You award your project to a freelancer (with 95÷ probability on this site that he/she is professionally incapable, if not fraud altogether
2. The freelancer ask you for a milestone (which is supposed to be kind of "deposit").
3. You deposit your money on this site (and it says it's refundable - but there is no way you are going to get back, unless maybe if you go to Australia where this company is based and go for hunger strike outside their office )
4. You wait for the work to be done - and either the freelancer doesn't respond or shows you shocking piece of work after months).
4. You want your money back - and freelancer.com even stops replying to your emails. There is no way you will get a reply.
5. You look at your transaction/statement and find freelancer.com has been taking money automatically (without even sending you any email). There will be sort of charges you would not even have heard of e.g. deposit fee, project fee and inactivity fee etc.
6. You complain to PayPal about it - Freelancer.com blocks your account and would not even let you withdraw any money.
7. Congratulations - you have lost your money, time, efforts and most importantly peace of mind (just like me).
Still want to try - go ahead with freelancer.com; -)

sandeepv
8/3/15

They hold up my withdraw since 1 month and still pending, the scheduled date arrived and gone and payment is still pending. I asked why this happening they said once of employer need some pending formalities with accounts. I investigated and found that employer cnascidonascido has completed 5+ jobs since last 1 year and has 4.3 rating and 4 good review. They always have stupid reasons and stupid answers to hold Freelancers hard earned money. All support request just pending since last 1 week they even didn't get time to open and assign it to their staff. I am not sure whether they are real scammer and fruaders but what happening to me is bad, and I need to ask my employers to come to Elance if they want me to do their work, that's the only alternative best way I found. I am not sure when I will get my money, hope someday with kindness of Freelancer I'll recieve my hard earned funds.

vikramp2
7/30/15

Hi , i am one of the preferred freelancer on freelancer.com/u/thesmartvmp.html
I been working with freelancer.com since an year and i would love to say that ,they are just Awesome, specially their Supports system are prompt , you do not have to email them , you can directly chat with them by log on to https://support.freelancer.com/index.php .

Lets talk about the Recruitment Staff {only applicable if you are Preferred freelancer }
if you are working nature ,quality of the works are really good and high ratings , you can apply for the preferred freelancer program , once your application has been approved , you will get the projects updates from freelancer.com executives/Representative.

i have had done several projects with Marcus,Alejendra , bryndis and Summer , these are among the highly motivated , Love able and skilled staff i ever seen ,Marcus who is one of the best and friendly guy too ,Yes they do laugh sometimes with a professional talk and what is amazing is . if you are able to finish the projects and able to satisfy the clients needs ,you are always on the top race to get the huge amounts of the projects.

Generally you have to bid on 30 projects to get the job that worth somewhat 200 USD and its adorable ,so you can daily wake up to getta the work finished that worth 200 $ and you can do it in max 2 days of time.

Regarding the Disputes , i m lil bit negative through the site , most of time decision in the favor of the employer even you met the criteria but some time not , this is aviodable , they are few odds employers who come for free stuff and might be they are getting , but if you are strong and delivered the exact work ,you can win dispute too.

Nothing to comment on people who around here and filing the false reviews/negative reviews , i must say , you do not have the right skill set to get the job or may be you are not too smart :P lol .

Just kidding , trust me spend one month on freelancer.com and Analise the site , take a look at some bid , In the bid proposal you can ask you employer thing like "i wanted to get started with your task right away , as a noob freelancer over here , getting work is too hard , so i can promise about the deliverable and does not need to have the milestone , pay only after successfully getting the files over here " BAM !! , if you are too good at work , you will receive the money and good ratings too and YOU START.

Try to place the bid , when there is less numbers of Dedicated/highly rated freelancers are off line so you will have more chances to get the job .

**I m neither wordsmith nor English speakers but you better understand what i am try to laid out

regard
Vicky

Tip for consumers: Focus on quality of the work , Put some portfolio , build your site and showcase them in the bid .
Thats it and you will have that adorable sounds of Tungggg ...

tammyn6
7/29/15

I cancelled my subscription to this site when I wrote my first review 7/29. Today on 8/26 they had the nerve to charge me a monthly fee again. As far as I am concerned, they are a bunch of thieves. I cancelled again and requested they return the funds or I would contact a lawyer. Guess we will see. Once they have your bank or credit card information, they will continue to steal from you.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!!!

harleya8
7/29/15

I'm a freelance graphic designer. On Freelancers I get to bid on jobs and then maybe I'll get the job. I just submitted a ticket on their website because I found out they allow any business there, not just freelancers. Right now it's almost my only chance of getting work, but to give you an idea what you're up against, here's the text from my "support" ticket:
"I just had a chat with a support rep. on your website and I found out that Freelancers is not for freelancers. Apparently ANY BUSINESS CAN REPRESENT THEMSELVES AS FREELANCERS. I can't tell you how wrong that is. It's DISHONEST and unfair. Yeah, I know, fair is just another four letter word, but in this case Freelancers is the four letter word. I found out I'm competing with LARGE businesses with teams of people assigned to bid on projects. The main business in question is Atari Bros., a graphic design MOB. It doesn't matter what I want to bid on, either they have already bid, or they will bid within minutes, and they ALWAYS bid low. I sit and watch for the pop-ups so I can be the first to bid, but it doesn't matter because they are ALWAYS THERE. How is this fair? How is this a website for freelancers? Yeah, I can't wait for your answer to this one. You PREACH a good sermon, but you're just as avaricious as Monsanto or any other large corporation trying to make a profit at anyone's and everyone's expense. I guess I'll just have to deal with it, eh?"

surendhrak
7/28/15

i try to withdraw my funds one time, but it was in pending, and i contact them to ask why, they tell me great stupid reason that my employer was not update them phone number. and they wan me to contact my employer to tell his phone number update. it is great stupid and unwanted thing freelance.com keep and killing freelancers. WTF and why should i care about my freelancer profile update ? we have no deal after done the project.

zilvinasm
7/28/15

I'm very disapointed about this website. Then I started work here It was everything good, But then I done secont project I got worst review 1 star for nothing. The employee always right? So I wrote to freelancher support and I not getting answer one week they don't remove project and rating I with this rating I don't get any project in the future,,, For employee mistake... And second I accepted fake project which has two account then I accept I got -27$ for taxes. But this project is fake so I wrote again to support and again nothing. I lost my time and lost my money. With fake project. Iwill wait your message admin!.

carah9
7/28/15

Where do I start. First off they scam people left and right. This morning I woke up to my bank account having a transaction of over $261 dollars taken from my account by these people. I signed up to be a freelancer to EARN money and they stole money from me. Thankfully my bank is disputing the transaction, I closed my freelancer account, and will warn everyone and anyone of this company. The people there are fishy too. I spent 4 days writing a 10,000 Ebook exactly as the outline was and in the end the client said that it "wasn't following the outline" basically got a free ebook from me in the end. Do not trust this site, don't do it. Stay away look for freelance work elsewhere

not100
7/27/15

When you sign up, you're automatically signed up for a Plus plan and you get billed after a month if you don't notice. If you delete a project you get charged $5 (wtf?). I'm afraid to use the stupid site because everything I click costs me money

nishnatp
7/27/15

worst website
they closed my account and they are not giving me my money
this website is so fake with worst support system

manuj3
7/25/15

Submitted many bids, every time freelancer is asking for $ to move your bid higher up. Now I finally got the first "Job", an impossible job to complete: Transcript of a miserable audio tape with an interpreter talking over it. After I tried I turned the job down, but my paypal account was already charged from freelancer w/o any notice or mail for what the charge is. I guess it's a rip off site, typical crook business. Lots of promises and lots of crap on this site.

sumanc
7/24/15

He is made a website for me. It was just awesome. I will to fire him in future.

tristanl14
7/23/15

I publish a five figures project, I made the payment with paypal and freelance cash their percentage, the guy who accept the project wasn't able to finish. Well at the end, after a short discussion I paid 0$ to the freelancer, I found out that he didn't had the expertise he listed, well. I ask freelancer.com to refund the entire amount, they refund me the money to paypal, 3 1/2 weeks later. They refuse to send me the whole amount, they took a big bite from the amount because I post the project on the site, and that has a cost, the percentage was gone, project wasn't finish. A complete waste of time. And I'm paying a Lawyer in Sidney now to sue them, if that fails I will speak with the locals.. I will personally enter in their offices and offer them a bunch of flowers.

erins30
7/22/15

Hi there I'm a freelancer. The user with the name : ww55qhx is impersonating someone. He has owed me money for a while and I found out he told me his name and everyhting about him was a lie. He said his name was Jonathan and all these things in my messages but when I went to send a final invoice I found his name is Jordan Ragsdale and he lives in alabama. He refuses to pay me the money he owes me! please at least delete him so this doesnt happen to anyone else!

jatink2
7/21/15

i have completed a project months ago and got the payment for that around 30$ out of which i got 25$ ( 5 $ deduction for fee but thats not the issue )
but now after months ago suddnly my account was deducted with 30$ and got the info about some reverse transaction after which i check the client id which was deleted till then . now the totally 35$ was taken from me when i got only 25$ from the project
I got no email no confirmation no news about that reverse transaction
. now i wanna know that why that money was deducted after months .
our agrement does not contain this info that if a employer will change his or her site after years or decades then also we have to pay for them .
They are simply doing fraud
0 satisfaction
0 cstmer support

I will prefer every one of you to go for UPWORK or elance as freelancer will only eat your money which you have earned from hard work .
till now they are not replying and saying me to contact directly to the employer when i even dont have his contact details ( which was their terms and condition )

adityad
7/20/15

I got one review and 5 star rating in my project (first project)
I cant see them now while bidding , my review and stars while biding are gone, while they are still there on my front page .

What to do?? How itt happend??

vishalp2
7/20/15

I posted a project to develop an iphone application. Got number of automatic bids. As time was running out, I selected a bid and talked to the developer. He agreed to everything in the chat to win the bid. Once I awarded the bid, the real situation kicked in. The developer who promised to finish the project in 10 days worked on it for 6 weeks. To get the second milestone paid he gave me a crappy UI. When asked to make it as per design document, he started to ask for more money. And finally made all sorts of excuses and closed his account.

At the end of 6 weeks, I have paid out $550, have leaked my UI design and have crappy code which is worth nothing.

@Freelancer: Good job guys. Way to go.

Tip for consumers: Caution: Risk of loosing time, money and information.

fange
7/19/15

I was recently paid for a project I've done and yesterday, i saw the funds but when i checked today, it says under the field USD $-4.81. May I know what the negative $4.81 is?

deeps8
7/17/15

Excellency of service provided

nikhilg
7/16/15

I accepted a project worth $1250 on freelancer.com and $125 was deducted from my account to accept the project as per freelancer policy ( I am okay with this charge as I have been using freelancer for a long time now and I respect their policy.

The issue arise when the employer went unresponsive after me accepting the project and I contacted freelancer.com chat support to cancel the project and refund the $125 that they deducted for this project's fee. They simply denied to provide me a refund by saying that they will not refund as it was deducted as a fee to their that they provide to the employer and the freelancer.

I am shocked on hearing this and lost $125 just for accepting a project where the employer is not going to pay me anything as he is no more responding.

Now I am going to ask my bank for the chargeback.

michaelm277
7/15/15

I SIGNED UP ON THIS SITE COUPLE WEEKS AGO AND POSTED MY FIRST PROJECT AND ALSO ATTACHED DETAILED DOC FILE TO EXPLAIN WHAT I NEEDED. WITHIN FEW SECONDS OF MAKING THE PROJECT LIVE I HAD OVER 45 BIDS!!!!! NONE OF THE BIDDERS READ MY BRIEF OR CHECKED MY ATTACHMENTS. IT LOOKS LIKE SOME ROBOTIC BIDDING FEATURE OR AUTOMATED BIDDING FUNCTION!!!! MY INBOX GOT SPAMMED WITH ENDLESS MESSAGES AND I DELETED THE PROJECT RIGHT AWAY!!!! I WILL NOT BE RETURNING TO THIS SITE AGAIN!!!!!

johnb407
7/15/15

I got 2 Freelance Jobs in www.freelancerr.net with easy bid.

Tip for consumers: Create your profile and post the bid in your skills

55 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Freelancer staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: is it worth to appear in tests ?? is it safe to pay test fees through debit card?
4/16/15
Answer
chandans
A: I think , here the question is how to get Varun money first , there are 100s of things to be discussed but let us all try to find solution
4/27/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: I registered on the website under free membership, and was just about to upgrade the membership but thankfully i saw these reviews. At first instance, I was very happy and excited to see the projects on the site.

Can you please explain the feedbacks and also Can i still trust on you and upgrade my membership.
4/17/15
Answer
rinkusur
A: If you know what are you doing membership upgrade may help, just evaluate pro/cons carefully, and remember that Freelancer.com is scammers paradise:
1. Employer starts $200 job, you bid on this job and then get this job.
2. Then Employer tell you that he want to get your job for free, you refuse, Employer cancel job via Dispute.
3. Voila you lost $25 fee (%10 of the bid for the job), that is going directly to Freelancer.com deep pockets.
Simple scam that makes profit for Freelancer.com, so such scammers supported by Freelancer.com.
Don't bid on high $$$ jobs, and always ask for RELEASED milestone, and then WITHDRAW it, and only after successful withdraw start the job. Or Freelancer.com may prevent WITHDRAW, after you complete the job, by simply stating that Employers profile "is not complete".
2 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Freelancer staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

63 Photos for Freelancer