US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

19 Reviews for FatWallet

▼ Sort by: recent

5/14/14

I've used fatwallet for a few years now and for the most part I've been happy with them. I've have had to file a few claims, but they've all been approved for cash back in a pretty timely manner. If you don't mind a little leg work, this can be a great site.

1/26/14

I used Fatwallet to order a hotel through expedia. Fatwallet offered 5% cash back.. I Got ZERO.. I have contacted them and like a fellow reviewer said they didn't get paid by my click so i dont get paid. The place is shady ass hell.. They are owned by ebates.com... STAY FAR AWAY! Goto slickdeals.net for a deals site.. Atleast u know what u r getting.

1/23/14

Made a few small purchases to test the cashback, it worked fine.
I then made a very large purchase through a referral link, had all the documentation, but had the cashback denied for apparently no reason.
The deals themself are mostly junk, a few good things here and there but nothing you wouldn't find on your own.

1/21/14

The site is flooded with spam and bad deals. It used to be such that only truly hot deals were posted, but now many postings are for expired offers, offers with negligible value and self-serving, self-promoting "offers" for those whose sole purpose in posting is to get "badges" of dubious merit.

More recently, the site underwent an "upgrade," and fatwallet's own review pages on the botched upgrade were negative from the start. The fatwallet website editor is still flawed, and complained about often, and has not been fully fixed.

The site owners were in some sort of dispute with their former home state and belligerently left the state for another. They also refuse to discuss how they make money, how they are compensated and how many of their "offers" and deals contain kickbacks. Their rating system used to be fair and subjective, but now they require one to give a reason for a negative review and they are known for banning those who give negative reviews to any offers for any reason -- including common and self-evident ones like not a deal based on price or a bad merchant reputation.

Don't waste you time for a few potential pennies you may get back from a big purchase made through this site --- the site is so poorly managed and operated that you will receive nagging emails from the site itself wanting to know if your pennies ever arrived. It can take many weeks or months to receive anything.

Stick to better sites with objective ratings and you will do much better.

1/18/14

I get a lot of cash back from them. What I do is login into the website where I want to make a purchase, e.g. West Elm. Once I'm ready to check out at West Elm, I open fat wallet and log in. I click on West Elm through Fat Wallet, which opens a new browser tab at West Elm and keeps everything in my shopping cart. Then I close the old West Elm tab, keep the Fatwallet tab open, and check out at the new West Elm tab. That works. I think if you keep the tab open too long or close the fat wallet tab you might not get your rebates. Good luck!

11/5/13

I used to find all my godaddy coupons here, but lately none of the posted coupons work :(

8/16/13

I've spent thousands of dollars through FatWallet in the past year or more. In my experience, they are terrible at paying up. Most of the purchases do not register cashback. I always use a fresh window of a browser that's currently not open, always log in before finding the store on FW, and use as few clicks as possible to avoid glitches. The only store that has been consistent on registering purchases is NewEgg. EVERY other store (Adidas, Rakuten, Maidenform, Dell Business, many other large online retailers) does not register. I have to manually submit a ticket. After waiting for 3+ months they often reject the request because the merchant "didn't submit" information they needed to make the decision. So much money wasted that I could've got back through other incentives. I would not recommend FW. Don't waste your time.

3/12/13

I've been a member since 2006. Sometimes I have problems with getting cash back for qualifying purchases. At first, those problems were as simple as just giving them my order receipts and them verifying my click to that merchant. However, this is where their policy, or lack of policy, fails. My last two cash backs were not honored because the merchant (I shopped at the same place) claims I used a different referring source. However, the merchant wouldn't reveal what that source was because it was part of a secured transaction. So what am I left with? Without being able to verify if what the merchant said is true, Fatwallet basically tells me too bad. Here is their quoted response: "After a thorough investigation of this transaction, we have learned that this purchase did not qualify for Cash Back. We were informed that a different source actually referred this order to the store that you made your purchase from. Since this was a secure transaction between yourself and that store, the referring source is considered to be part of that secured transaction. Because FatWallet did not receive credit for referring your purchase, we will not be informed of the name of the source who did receive credit."

This peeves me to no end since I am intelligent enough to know that if I was surfing the merchants site before I went through Fatwallet, then Fatwallet might not be considered the referring site. Because of this, I always make sure to delete cookies and clear my cache so I start with a clean slate through Fatwallet.

9/13/12

after teaming up with Ebates, they lost alot of users i think. Or maybe it's been on a downward slide for a while. I'll never know.

6/30/12

Since they were bought by ebates they are only interested in deals from their sponsers. To prove my point you just have to look at the promotion they are currently running where you get a free t-shirt if you post a deal by one of their sponsers. They don't care about real deals anymore, only deals that make THEM money (referal money kicked back to them). Deals are now poor or late after having been posted at another board hours earlier (They even give credit to other boards for the posts, why not just go to the other boards?). They favor a few posters and don't apply the posting rules to them so it has become a very poor site for people to post at and the board reflects this. Not what they used to be and going downhill from there Look at all the reviews of this place (here and other review sites) and you will see almost all negative reviews for 2012 since the changes

6/21/12

hot deals have gone downhill since top poster left. Ssite purchased by ebates and now they push the deals that give them the most return. Seems everything is either a Sunday sale item or copied from slickdeals.net a few hours after it is posted there. Free stuff section is terrible.
Not close to what it used to be

5/10/12

ight

1/28/12

Been shopping at this website for a while. This is a pretty cool and easy to use website. You basically get all the deals out there in one place plus they will sometimes give you cash back. Remember to click through fatwallet to directly transfer you to other discounted websites like groupons or tigersdirect to get your cash back.

6/21/11

i love this site, I always check there first before buying something and the financial section in the forum is priceless.

12/12/10

Fatwallet is the best place to find up to the minute ongoing deals on everything. I highly recomend it for anyone looking for a deal on anything. The only problem I have is that I end up buying somehting that I didn't plan on because it was such a great deal.

Veteran Reviewer
9/21/10

This site is pretty decent. I like the clean format, you don't see too many items jamming up your view. That helps add authenticity feel to your site. I would post the safe forms of payment that you accept. This will help people feel a little more compelled to buy. Also consider posting some expiration dates for deals. As this will make shoppers feel impelled to take advantage of shopping opportunities. Smart logo too!

EXPERT
11/24/09

Please Browse to: www.dealspl.us

Looking for a place to find some good deals or bargain discounts while shopping online for electronics, clothing, accessories, etc? Well, there are a good number of sites out there other than Fatwallet, which (possibly?) everyone in the world knows about. I'm going to list a number of "good deal-finding" shopping sites. Check them out and see what you think!

dealighted.com A very cool site that's a mashup of deals from other sites like Slickdeals.com, Fatwallet.com, Gottadeal.com and lots more. Mostly tech-related stuff, but there are other things as well.

passwird.com is a web site created by a University of California student that lists bunch of excellent deals on everything from tech to shoes daily. This site is very simple and is addictive.

bensbargains.net. The nice thing about this site (and others) is that you can subscribe to the RSS feed to quickly find deals. Also, pictures of the items are included in the feed. This site also gives you info on rebates and coupons in addition to just deals.

dealdump.com. DealDump is an aggregate of multiple deal sites, covering everything from Woot.com to DealOverFlow. There are a lot of sites on here I had never even heard of before, so you might find something great.

dealnews.com. Find the hottest deals on gadgets, computers, electronics, cameras, and lots more. The cool thing about this site is that you can subscribe to an RSS feed for the specific item you're looking for.

dealsplus.com. Takes the same concept of Digg.com and does it for deals. Users vote for the best deals and the ones with the most votes get on to the front page. Also once you join you can enter to win free stuff, etc.

techdeals.net. As you can probably tell from the name of the site, Techdeals.net is all about tech stuff likes games, MP3 players, digital cameras, computers and more. It's updated daily and has a good number of items.

cybuys.com. An online service that helps shoppers find coupons and hot deals for tons of online stores. It has a very clean interface and is one of the best sites for just finding coupons! Definitely check it out.

jellyfish.com. Not your normal deal-finding site! This site is basically a social shopping deals site, complete with a game show host and a good number of great products. You'll have to check it out yourself to find out.

dealitem.com. DealItem is another deal site for mostly tech stuff. It works best when you're searching for something by model # or by make and features. If you know what you're looking for, check out DealItem.

dealigg.com. A social bargain hunting site that changes frequently during the day, so you're looking at new stuff all the time. Again, its based on a peer voting system that brings the best deals to the front page.

slickdeals.net. SlickDeals is one of the better known deal sites and includes everything from tech gadgets to men's shirts. They also have over 800 coupons that you can use at your favorite stores. Very clean interface and easy to use web site.

gottadeal.com. Finally, GottaDeal.com is very popular site for finding deals and coupons online. Has a bunch of categories and brings in deals from many of the major retailers such as Apple, AT&T, and CompUSA.

So that's about 13 deal sites that I've run across that seem to be gaining in popularity. I hope shopping any of these sites brings some measure of savings and a good deal to boot.

Thanks to Aseem Kishore

EXPERT
11/16/09

Excellent site for bargain hunters, with coupons, hot deals from around the web, all manner of freebies and a very active user forum with live and up to date information. Offers are generally current and relevant, and just the "free stuff" pages of the forum could keep you busy for an hour.

Recommended especially if you're broke and looking for a free sample of coffee or a free spittoon (no, honestly, found in the freebies section at the time of writing) or don't mind doing a free survey for a gift card or two, but also worth looking at before you spend real money on something more substantial. Always plenty to see here and a good site to bookmark.

Apprentice Reviewer
3/11/08

If you are looking to buy a new laptop, digital camera, or PC go here first - If you are looking to buy any new piece of electronic or gadgety gear, you want to check out this site first and see if you can get it at a killer deal.

The Best Cash Back Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber