US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

yogig

Call customer service and cancel your membership but don't blame the company for your lack of common sense. (in 90 reviews)

sofiah2

It clearly states at checkout how VIP membership works. (in 60 reviews)

evelynnf

I've been a member with Fabletics since Kate Hudson was on the cover of Self 6 months ago (May 2014). (in 48 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

hannahf8
7/2/15

Placed an order, very exciting as the clothes look amazing and the price was excellent.

Paid for the order. The called the customer support to cancel the membership shortly after as I cannot fit the monthly costs into my budget. They tried everything to keep me as a member and when I politely refused they said the order I had placed would be cancelled.

I paid for the goods and confirmed the order well before my phone call. They have no right to cancel the order just because I do not wish to proceed paying them for the upcoming months. Very disappointed and annoyed. Kept my membership so I can get the order i placed and paid for, but once it's received I will be cancelling immediately. Not impressed.

sarahl102
7/2/15

The clothes are a little over priced. Some are great quality some are not. You just never know what you're going to get. What I'm most disappointed by is their new rewards program. You used to be able to get a free outfit at 1000 points. I was so close to 1000 points and they changed their program! Now there is no way to get an outfit with 1000 points!!! If you're lucky you might be able to get a top and a headband.

catricea
6/26/15

I was surprised by all the negative reviews. My only complaint is that they are always low on stock in small and medium sized items. I have returned two items with no problem but, I never return with free shipping; I always us the Priority Mail service offered by the USPS for a flat rate of around $5.25 because it includes a tracking number and guaranteed delivery and I let them know how I mailed it and that I anticipate a timely credit to my credit card or I will dispute the charge with my credit card company. I never had a problem reaching anyone in customer service. The VIP Membership is very clear and I signed up with my business email because I use it daily so, I am not likely to miss the 5th day of the month deadline. I have found the quality to be good; the pants are thick and they wash well. I have a pair of Calvin Klein yoga pants that I have had for less than two months and they are already see through. I guess my experience has been different but, I have a top that I need to return and I am hoping things don't change. These reviews are horrible!

kathleenm41
6/25/15

I want to know how to bring a lawsuite against Fabletics for not refunding money to me. It's been over 13 weeks and still no refund. I was just on the phone again today for 20 minutes and they still will not send me confirmation that the check will be sent out. I have called at least twice a month since March and still no refund.

barbl6
6/24/15

Every time I want to order an outfit it is low stock. I love their clothes but low stock on almost every outfit on the website

alyd1
6/22/15

I completely understood the process, the rules, and the membership. My issue, however, is that I did not feel comfortable in their largest size pant of XL, when I usually wear XL or large. I wore the items several times, second wear and the shirt started to pill. I had no intention of attempting to return the items, as I got them at a discounted rate. I skipped two months online, and then decided that if no other sizes became available I would cancel. I figured it should be easy, just a click click. I had the WORST customer service on the phone. I was straight forward and polite. I asked for a confirmation email or call number for my records. I was denied that and told that I should trust her, because she 'put through' the cancellation. When I told her that legally they had to provide me with something showing the change of contract, she put me on hold and immediately disconnected the call. I called right back and the next woman who answered the phone laughed and said "Hi (my name) how can I help you?" Obviously the women spoke and she could read the call notes. I had to explain everything all over again, to which she also said I should trust the lady I spoke with earlier. Again I explained that I do not trust anyone at a call center that I have never met. She then informed me that she could only give me a cancellation number if I did a 'Full Cancellation". WHAT?!?!? Finally she did that, which made no sense, and gave me call number stating "you know your whole conversation was recorded and will be kept with this account". Was that a threat? I never swore or name called. I simply asked for 20 mins for some sort of email or confirmation number that I cancelled. "(My name) I might have offered it to you earlier but you were talking and I decided not to offer the call number. Are you ready to listen (my name)?" I was ready to LOSE my stuff, but I kept even tempered and peaceful because I did not want any record that I every swore at them because then it would make sense how they treated me. Pants were nice quality but the vanity sizing was off the charts. Shirt was cheap and looked terrible after a cold water wash, and air dry. Now, I will see if I get charged again next month- It will not be a good situation, and I suggest people stay clear of this unless you plan to stay for life. I tried something, it didn't workout, and I wanted to cancel- who knew it would take all of this effort!

Tip for consumers: Just think of the worst contract you've been in, with a gym membership, etc- this is that times 1000! Not worth it for me, but others may enjoy the lifetime member.

mt53
6/22/15

Think this company know exactly what they are doing stuff is poor quality fell for the tapp special offer with add on cost

ks95
6/21/15

If there is an active lawsuit against this company- I would appreciate being added to the list of people who have attempted to allow Fabletics to correct their despicable, dishonest business model. I made what I thought was a one time purchase 7 months ago and as I reviewed my last credit card statement, I noticed a charge of $49.95 and a rock landed in the pit of my stomach- with the force of a meteorite. I am an intelligent, detail oriented person. In my professional life, I work as an ICU Nurse- attention to detail is an understatement. With that said, my level of self awareness is keen and I can wholly identify when I have been dooped by faults of my own. My experience with Fabletics is quite the opposite- I have been FINANCIALLY VIOLATED to an extent I have never experienced. This is outright THEFT. This company should be shut down immediately and damages paid out to those of us who did not consent to an auto-enrollment agreement. Please contact me if legal action is taking place. I have already started exploring my options.

mckenzies1
6/18/15

scam you into taking money from your account by becoming a VIP member, so not buy

deet23
6/17/15

I made a purchase and was auto-enrolled in their vip program. They charged me $50/month for nothing. Was told I could not get a refund.

deborahn8
6/17/15

I bought an outfit in February for $39.95 and signed up to be a part of the VIP club or whatever and was 100% satisfied with what I got. Four months later, I check my bank account to see they took $49.95 out on 6/8/15. So, I called the bank and the teller told me that Fabletics led to take money out of my account every month since my purchase, but it was not processed (I use my money up way too quick, haha) because of the low balance. According to what I've heard from other people, this does not happen to everyone. All I can say is be careful. Personally, I do not recommend buying offline. If you REALLY want their clothes, it's best to fly all the way to California to buy them with cash. No joke =) .

reginah9
6/15/15

I first signed up with Fabletics for their $25 outfit deal. It was made very clear that I would be signing up for a VIP membership and that my card would be charged $50 a month unless I skip the month in the first 5 days. Even when I missed the 5 five days twice they have always given me a refund. And whoever said they are expensive and mediocre quality must never have bought athletic wear before. Check out Lululemon where you easily pay anywhere from $80 upwards for just a pair of capris.
Fabletics clothes are funky, fun and good quality. I've been with them for almost a year now and have bought several outfits from them.
In case you're wondering, no, I don't work for them and no, I didn't get paid to write this review.

Tip for consumers: Write reviews to get more points for free stuff.

francesg11
6/15/15

Yes I want to say received my first and last order. Cheap fabric and misrepresentation on how much it costs,

emilyn17
6/12/15

I "signed up" without my knowledge for their VIP membership. By purchasing items from this site, you are "agreeing" to be charged $49.95 monthly unless I opt out or select items to purchase before the 5th. This would be fine, but the catch is that THEY DO NOT NOTIFY YOU!! They simply take the money out of your account until you realize it. This is extremely sketchy and they are relying on folks not checking their bank statements in detail. Please avoid this company. They are a bunch of crooks! In the end, I was able to call and cancel my "subscription", but I'm out $150. I dread to imagine how long this would have gone on for had I not checked my bank statements sooner...

jann88
6/11/15

Fraudulent and dishonest business practices! Will charge your account monthly without your express permission ... Total scam from beginning to end ... Their customer service employees seem to be scam artists as well ... I told her that her company was going to get into trouble because of their policies ... She was totally rude, defensive, and resistant ... Don't give them your money ... Because if you do, they will continue to take it on a monthly basis without you express consent.

rebeccab46
6/11/15

I HAVE REQUESTED TO CANCEL WITH FABLETICS HOWEVER CONVENIENTLY I CANNOT REACH THEM VIA PHONE AND THEY WONT RETURN MY EMAILS.

THEY ARE CHARGING MY CC $49.95 A MONTH AND GIVING ME POINTS TOWARDS CLOTHING PURCHASES WHICH I DO NOT WANT!!! I HAVE TO CANCEL MY CC NOW! SO ANGRY!!

lesliem37
6/10/15

It wasn't clear at sign up that by purchasing you were entered into a monthly membership. If you don't "skip" a month (which was NOT CLEAR) you are automatically billed $49.99. They will not refund that amount; instead you are forced to use this "credit" to buy from their store.

Horrible experience trying to get this back - I was forced to purchase one last outfit (by the way, the quality is poor) before being able to cancel my account.

Definitely stay away.

jenniferm120
6/10/15

My daughter bought an outfit and didn't realise she was signing up to £44 a month. The website does not make this clear. Phone for a refund, which I have been promised, however this was no easy to obtain. DO NOT USE. THE MEMBERSHIP SCHEME IS NONSENSE. THIS CAN'T SURELY BE LEGAL.

cd58
6/8/15

Very disappointed. Buyer beware. They have been charging me repeatedly for months! I did not notice until today. I had no idea I had "signed up" for a monthly membership. This whole ordeal has put a bad taste in my mouth and I won't be buying from Kate Hudson again. I don't think I can even watch another movie with Kate Hudson in it. This is totally unethical. The woman at the call centre said it did say that you were signing up for the VIP account when you paid and we assume you read on the website that "VIP" means you signed up for a monthly membership. No, I did not go look at the websites membership program I was on the site to buy clothing and was not interested in a monthly membership. Every site calls their customers VIP... At this point consider it a catch phrase. The call centre lady also told me I was sent and email explaining that I had joined a monthly membership. I checked my email and there was one email in my junk folder from 3 months ago. It was just an add and said go here to skip. I wouldn't have known what "Skip" meant until today as it was the first time i learned about the program. I didn't have the email the call centre lady had talked about that would let me know about the monthly membership. My email must have blocked or deleted any other emails. To be honest even if I had received one I probably wouldn't have opened it up just thinking it was junk mail. I This is not a great start for a new brand that is trying to take off. Hopefully they will do something to make it up to me.

simonam4
6/8/15

It is a fraud and pure theft, since they make you subscribe to the VIP membership and issue a notice of the charge AFTER they get their money. So basically they stole £44 from my card and told me they've warned me when I purchased my first item months ago?!? Not only this, but I also didn't get anything back, not even their freaking points! Terrible scam and I sincerely hope that someone will hold them into account at some point.

patk18
6/2/15

its not a scam but they make you accept a credit refund instead of money. also their number is a pay phone and they talk about so much irrelevant things to make you stay on the line longer so you have to pay more!

njs
6/2/15

tried to cancel the order before it was despatched as delayed. I was told I could not, nor could I change the delivery address although it hadn't been dispatched. I was then told I had to right in to cancel the account even though the website says you can call.

I do not recommend them

lucyl27
5/29/15

I've read a lot of negative reviews about Fabletics and it's time I say something.

I've been a VIP member for almost a year now, and I have received amazing, high quality clothes from them that I basically live in.

When you sign up, the website specifically tells you what the VIP membership entails. I think a lot of people are excited about the "First outfit for $25" deal but neglect to read the details. This company is not shady - a lot of customers have just been too lazy to read the terms. Fabletics also allows you to skip each month and even sends a reminder email to skip for the first 2 months. How people think this company is a scam is beyond me.

Their return policy is also absolutely amazing. I've returned 4 items so far due to sizing issues, and they've always sent me shipping labels which allowed for free shipping. They processed the returns very quickly each time, and the phone representatives were always pleasant. Sure, they read off scripts, but they were always friendly and helpful.

I don't think you can find the same quality, selection, and great prices anywhere else. Fabletics has really been a great resource for athletic wear and it's very sad to see such negative reviews. Please give this company a chance and make sure to skip a month if you don't want to order! Just be smart about signing up for this service and you'll have a good time.

kerryf7
5/29/15

I responded to their survey after I had completed a call to their Call Centre:

"I'm am surprised at the questionable and ruthless marketing and business practices.
The inflexibility of the processes - one is unable to cancel a pending order made 1 hour earlier.
The inability to opt out of the membership online - I have read reviews from users that after cancelling over the phone, Fabletics failed to cancel the membership and PayPal confirmed this. The customer had to ask PayPal to cancel any direct debits.
The operator at the call centre seemed brainwashed enough to not budge from a response which they have been provided.
I doubt I'll remain a member and will post this to the review board.
I gather from reviews that the product is satisfactory. I don't understand why Fabletics employ such desperate methods to get members through an ambiguous process and don't seem to aim for customer loyalty by treating customers with intelligence and respect, allowing them to make their own decisions.
A (bi-)monthly newsletter would suffice."

nitau1
5/27/15

Absolutely terrible online business. Terrible customer service. They sent me the wrong product and refused to correct their mistake. they signed me up for a costly monthly service without letting me know. They make it nearly impossible to cancel the membership, return anything, etc.

jk79
5/26/15

Company does say in terms and conditions that when you sign up they will take £44 from your account each month - THIS IS VERY WELL HIDDEN AND NOT CLEARLY MENTIONED WHEN YOU SIGN UP. No other company I know runs a business model like this and its a truly unacceptable ethic to assume this is a general term or condition to purchasing goods or items from this company.

vp12
5/25/15

Stay away from this company, the "deals" are not deals. The company "signs" you up for a "membership". Their customer service is deplorable and canceling is a major time issue due to the lack of commitment by the company.

kimberlyg22
5/22/15

At first i thought this was great, but until i had to deal with them, lack of customer service, scams, poor quality. Lack of followthrough. Unable to cancel easily

Tip for consumers: Dont Do it!!!

erich172
5/22/15

My account keeps getting charged $49.95 - they scammed my daughter -- she didn't even know they had signed her up for it. I'm disputing through my credit card company -- STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!

suet24
5/21/15

VIP membership is a con and they are taking cash from people in an underhand way. When you complain on Facebook they remove all negative feedback to give a very positive bias on there feedback.

Company is a total disgrace, I would recommend you don't order anything from this company.

eirinit
5/19/15

The quality of the clothes is very poor and the sizing is completely wrong. Do not waste your money! They will also charge you monthly and the credits you get are just hairbands and other garbage. The worst company ever. Do not be fooled by this scam, stay away!

chrisp112
5/19/15

Every so often, one of the Fabletics employees enters a review on how their company is"not" a scam. But, it most certainly is, take it from me, an ex-customer... They disguise all their hidden fees as a one time payment for one item. But somehow they are still able to charge your credit card without you knowing. Don't fall victim to the scheme.

jackieb30
5/19/15

I only bought these clothes because it was from Kate Hudson... terrible reason. I dont think the monthly charges should be that much considering you only save me like what... 30 bucks on an already overpriced outfit. Also, when I went to cancel my VIP I got some woman who could hardly string a sentence together and continued to tried and convince me three times to keep a membership that I said I wanted to cancel. The call was terrible and all I heard was background noise, a woman who was hard to understand, and would say "like" and "um" after every word.... UGH! I am so disappointed with this company.

Tip for consumers: Better wear this stuff every day and have a crud ton of money to spend on these clothes... or just their membership fees.

michaelab1
5/15/15

Do not buy from this company, unless you are happy for them to take money from you whenever they want - even after you have written to them and told them you did not intend to create or even want an account.

dorav4
5/14/15

I cant believe another rich movie star trying to get more rich by scamming fans into a "MEMBERSHIP" just because you ordered clothes she endorses and put her name on! If it WAS that good, WE WOULD ALL KEEP ORDERING! So why scam us for monthly fees! I WILL NEVER SEE A KATE HUDSON MOVIE AGAIN!

conniet11
5/14/15

I was a member for more than 6 months. Didn't want anymore product..quality was ok. But when I called number to cancel I got recording.. Number has been changed or no longer inservice. Well, this is only way to cancel. Got online to chat with customer service, confirmed I had right number, continued to get recording & then it hangs up. I'm sure they have high volume of calls but this was not the message I got nor did it give me opportunity to be on hold. I'm sure they were hoping I'd give up & get automatically charged for another month. Felt trapped with no way out. I finally called my credit card service to block further charges.

cl6066
5/12/15

I have been a Fabletics VIP member since the company started. Recently, I had over 940 points (1000 to earn a free outfit) when Fabletics decided to change the rewards program. It now takes 2000 points just to get a top or bottom! How shady of a deal is this? Also, the choices they give you are items you have already purchased or are being discontinued. Shame on Fabletics!!!! If you are thinking of joining - DON'T!!!

giam2
5/11/15

Signed up under the pretext I would get a free outfit after earning 1000 points. Then all of a sudden they changed this and you pick a item that has been discontinued or ugly colors left. Customer service sucks, it's like they say the same thing no matter what your problem is. Designed in California and made in some sweat shop. Could at least given Americans jobs especially because of the high pricing. Not even the costumer service employees are in the US. I will no longer participate in this circus. KATE HUDSON SHAME On YOU!!!

claudiap5
5/11/15

Fabletics kept billing me EVEN THOUGH I cancelled my credit card. The charged me TWICE a month over a period of 5 months until I found out. Again, even if you cancel your credit card because of their previous unauthorized charges, the will still charge you to that bank account you used the first time. Luckily for me, I had used American Express and they took care of everything. I go online and there is no credit with them for those $49.95 they had been charging; so where does that money go? It says a lot about a company who knows about how unsatisfied their clients are and does NOTHING about it. So BE AWARE.

avrilt
5/11/15

surely if you dont receive product how can you be charged monthly for porduct ? i have had 3 monthly deductions of £44 for what

maryj96
5/11/15

This company is absolutely shocking. Very misleading site. I made a purchase on the 7th of April for £75 today the 11th of May they have taken £44 from my paypal account which they will not refund according to their terms & conditions !!!. As far as I was aware I made a purchase end of story. When you try to ring the company you are holding on for at least 10 mins. I will never purchase from this company again.

emmas50
5/10/15

I called into fabletics months ago to cancel a VIP account I never signed up for. Basically they have taken over 200 dollars from me even though I have called their line four separate times to get them to cancel this account. They still havent done it correctl. I am a struggling college student I don't need to be shared by this company and it is completely ridiculous. DO NOT SIGN UP! All they want is to steal money from you without being very clear up front about the process you will have to go through to cancel these payments. I could have bought mugh higher quality athletic wear outfits from lululemon at this price.

carriem41
5/10/15

Their customer care sucks. They are advertising products they don't sell on their site and when you write to customer care you get the answer to the wrong question, have to start again, etc. I also don't know who would pay $50/mo to order product. Over them and not buying. Shame on Kate Hudson.

pattya3
5/8/15

Horrible customer service. I missed the "skip the month " by one day. I called customer service to see if I could skip the month. They use a foreign call center that READS you the rules of signing up for the VIP membership. Even though you are talking to a human the response is robotic. No compassion. I called to cancel my membership and I was on hold for 15 minutes . They are sending me a $50 outfit - they have no idea what size I am. Do not sign up for Fabletics. They do not care about a person they just care about screwing you out of $50 each month for their fee.

jessim91
5/7/15

I made one purchase from this company and while I liked the outfit I bought, I was charged $49.95 monthly since then without my knowledge. I will NEVER shop with them again. I called and was told that I will be refunded the charges which is fantastic, but it never should have happened to begin with. Beware of this company. It's definitely not worth it.

judyt15
5/7/15

This whole website and concept is very misleading. PLEASE BE CAREFUL anyone ordering anything!! I have just had two months' worth of £44 deducted from my account after purchasing the marketed first order of £22. I'm very concerned that there is no real communication as to what you are getting involved in at purchase. I have just called Fabletics and they have tried to explain it to me but i am just so shocked at what i have been paying out for. There was no refund available and i have had to buy another two outfits with the £88 credit i had on the account. I couldn't even buy items to the value of £88 only the £44 outfits!? It's all outrageous and i am still so confused as to what a VIP member (which is actually what i became apparently) offers me other than a big headache! Obviously i have cancelled my account immediately and will not have anything further to do with Fabletics!

alyssap6
5/5/15

My first order in April as a VIP was fabulous, not a problem.
In May, I selected to skip month on 5/3 as getting a workout outfit was not in the budget for the month. It came to the screen that stated "you have successfully skipped for the month" once I selected to skip.
On the 5th, 5/5 (today), I received an email while I was at work saying "thank you for your purchase and your order is being processed and will ship shortly". I DID NOT make a purchase. I DID NOT have anything in my cart. I WAS NOT even on the site. The sizes selected were not even my sizes. The shipping and billing address was correct and to me, however. I do not know what happened, but I cancelled my membership and the order immediately. How can you purchase items on someone's credit card? I do not recommend this site if this is what mysteriously happens when you want to skip a month.

tamarag1
5/1/15

I first bought from this store about 2 months ago--got a 3 piece outfit (long sleeved top, capri leggings and sports bra) for about $30. I love the outfit, it's cute and comfy and I get loads of attention in it--frankly a bit too much! Lol. The capri pants in particular were really flattering. ;) The sports bra was a bit too tight so I didn't use it, but even then I feel the price was a bargain for the great clothes I got!

I've never bought from stores like Juicy Couture or Lululemon as I think it's overpriced. But I love my Fabletics outfit.

I've skipped the next 2 months so far, as I haven't been working out much recently. :( But once I start working out regularly again, I'll definitely order more outfits as I saw lots on the website that are cute, comfortable and reasonably-priced! I'm a happy customer :)

bobbim2
5/1/15

I did not order because I saw the ongoing monthly charge and trying to contact you in any way always brings one back to your home page to purchase an outfit. Though I did not, nor do you have any billing info on me, I no longer wish to receive your mailings. I do not want to get involved with such business practices. Your reviews are less than positive and found that those who did give you their billing info were quite frustrated trying to get away from monthly charges. NO THANK YOU!

deborahl21
5/1/15

I tried this product based on a promotion offering a reasonable priced outfit for trying them out. I did not read the offer close enough because I got billed a membership fee several weeks later. The first outfit was okay the first time I wore it but after one wash the shirt could not be worn again. The only way you can cancel a membership is by phone and I waited over an hour in total to cancel the membership by phone. They have very long hold times. I called four times before getting a hold of someone. I tried writing the company and they would only cancel by phone. I was very clear I wanted to cancel and they kept trying to get me to order more things. I finally had to be rude to get her to stop talking about other purchase options and just get the membership canceled. They did cancel but would not remove charges for the membership and or the defective merchandise. I would not use this company again.

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Fabletics staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: How is it to work for fabletics? I'll be curious to hear from an employee? How much is it paid to answer all those calls?
4/7/15
Answer
neilt12
A: All the good reviews on this site most likely come from employees, you could ask them.
4/21/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: Do someone knows about the employment conditions of Fabletics?
4/9/15
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Fabletics staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

3 Photos for Fabletics