US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

latressaj

Wish me luck with customer service if that happens (in 28 reviews)

sofiah2

It clearly states at checkout how VIP membership works. (in 24 reviews)

jaymed

I am very turned off by the brand and the idea that Kate Hudson would participate in such tasteless business practices. (in 13 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

lisat51
10/30/14

The clothes themselves are fine. The designs are interesting and quality of fabrics good. What is not acceptable is the so called VIP membership they trick you into that results in recurrent monthly charges. I don't need that many work out outfits! Also, there isn't even enough variety in styles to have a membership- you are basically forced to buy every style if you keep the membership. Cancelling the membership is a pain- horrible customer service that obviously has a manual they're reading from so can't do a simple cancellation without reading you a bunch of crap about how you should keep the membership. And, they do have live chat, but after spending time giving them your information they tell you that they can't cancel a membership via chat- you have to call them. WASTE OF TIME!! Really a shame because I thought the clothes were nice. Not worth the hassle.

Tip for consumers: Beware of 'VIP' membership. The pricing looks great, but there is fine print. The initial deals aren's free.

pamb14
10/30/14

I had the most horrible experience and can not believe the better business bureau has not gotten on them. My 15 year old was mislead and confused the their hole "VIP" issue. I paid with my card for her order and could tell by the very fine print they were now going to charge my card automatically EVERY month. When I called to cancel the VIP status, they said they can only do it by talking to my daughter. I flipped and said "I am the adult, you took my credit card so I want to cancel it" They would not do it so I put my 11 year old other daughter on the phone who played by older daughter. It was crazy!
I can not believe people sign up to get their cards charged EVERY month and have the responsibility to cancel it. Not only that! To return, and not take an exchange, you pay $5.95 on top of it.

lilyk6
10/28/14

I am really appalled by this website and those who run it. The whole concept of becoming a VIP to save money is placed onto the customer very sneakily; I didn't see any box where I was offered the choice of this, it just appeared to me that suddenly I was a VIP (if there was a box disclosing this choice, it was made very unnoticeable, purposefully I believe, to trick consumers).

I received no email telling me I was a VIP, so I'm sure many others will be unaware of this and then later have £44 taken from their account... monthly.

Trying to cancel the VIP service was a pain, as I have no housephone, and can't ring the company from my mobile. I emailed 3 times asking to cancel my service and got the same reply each time, ignoring my message and just giving me generic info about the way the VIP service works.

The only way to skip a payment for the month is to login between the 1st and 5th of each month, a small timeframe, especially if you order on the 6th and then need to remember to cancel your order next month, or if you order around the end of the month and are unaware you are a VIP and quickly have £44 snatched from you.

Regardless of how good quality the clothing is, I don't believe a website should make money from taking advantage of it's customers... furthermore, their clothing is highly overpriced. So much, that the only time you would buy it was if you DID have such a high discount, but not at the price of £44 a month.

Tip for consumers: Be on the lookout for the VIP option at checkout, and make sure you are not a part of it!

kathleenh16
10/28/14

So very pleased! loved the quality of fabric (rivals Lululemon) the top is super soft...Love! I also love that I get to pick a new outfit each month (or skip a month). In my line of work I tend to LIVE in active wear. I love this business model. Can't wait to place my next order. When I went to this site and read reviews I was a bit taken back. Now that I have received my 1st order..I can't wait to place my next! So excited! Thank you! I LOVE the bra straps..so cute! the top super soft and the pants fit perfectly! I'm 5'5" and 140lbs. The clothes are perfect for the fitness classes I take, the running I do and..bonus... work!

juliah25
10/26/14

Not really a great deal for workout clothing. Many of the things are overpriced even with a "VIP" membership. I don't like that they automatically sign you up as a "VIP" and you have to call to cancel. This process was a pain in the butt. They try to offer anything they can to keep you! I understand they don't want to lose customers, but it was way too many offers and deals to keep me. It got really annoying.

Tip for consumers: Don't forget to cancel your membership if you don't want to keep paying $50 a month.

ninjad1
10/24/14

Really poorly made clothing. The 'VIP' price is probably the max they should charge. The fabric quality is disgusting and makes you sweat without doing any exercise! The jacket I got isn't lined and is really badly shaped. If I return anything I have to pay $5.95 per item to ship back and get a refund. Also, I now have to try and get out of this contract thing they sign everyone up to. I'm surprised Kate Hudson would put her name on this stuff. The pictures on the website look great, but it's so incredibly tacky.

Tip for consumers: Don't bother. You'll find much better quality and lower price elsewhere (Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Target even!) without any secret membership nonsense.

db82
10/22/14

THIS IS RIDICULOUS! they have been charging me $50.00 a month unknowingly! This is such a scam. I bought one outfit for 29.97 as apart of their promotion only to find out they have been charging my card month to month. I am trying to get a refund. This is a SCAM!

Tip for consumers: DONT PURCHASE! STAY AWAY!

emmam42
10/21/14

When I placed my first order I saw the VIP conditions and didn't tick the box and paid postage instead. However the company still signed me up for their VIP membership without my permission. I contacted Paypal who arranged an immediate refund and I cancelled the pay plan they had set up via my PP account. This company is breaking consumer laws left right and centre and are hoping people will just cancel without trying to get a refund. My advice, forget going through them but contact your bank or paypal instead. They can cancel any payment plan AND get you a refund.
As for the clothes- nothing special and fairly cheap fabric. Not worth the money

indial1
10/21/14

Not yet recieved the product but I saw that i would need to pay £44 a month, and i think people just need to be more careful when buying online. It is clearly stated that this will be debited from your account, and obviously people just skim over it. Technically it is not a scam, and is well within its legal rights. I have just rang up to cancel my VIP Membership, and it was straightforward, with no hassle, and no waiting on the line as with some companies. So far I've had a good experience.

Tip for consumers: Make sure to read the small print

marilyns14
10/20/14

I also was taken by this company! They kept billing my credit card and never sent any outfits!! I finally realized what was going on and had my credit card block them. When you try to contact the company, they just ignore you. I just hope it is now cancelled since they can no longer bill my credit card.

rutha14
10/20/14

Worst experience ever. Customer service was absolutely atrocious. I have still yet to receive my order in the mail. They charge extra to ship to APO yet the method they use for shipping to APO addresses is archaic and they do not state that shipping method up front. Two months to receive an order is just unacceptable. What is even more unacceptable is the fact that their customer service wouldnt look into the tracking which showed my package hadnt even been shipped. I will discourage anyone from using them. This has been my worst experience ever with an unresponsive and unwilling company.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE!

acmem
10/16/14

What else can I say that everyone else hasn't said? Cheap product...totally sheer yoga pants (and no...I'm not delusional about the size I REALLY wear). I practice yoga 3-5 days per week and spend a bunch of cash on yoga clothes so I thought $50 a month for the VIP membership would actually be a savings in general over my occasional splurges on Lululemon. I love (sarcasm font) how you have to call to cancel and can't do so online. After reading other users experiences, I'm terrified that they'll send me another outfit and charge my card even though I cancelled and have a cancellation number. Ironically, I'm canceling because the products are made overseas and I want to support USA employment and workers. Turns out my fave athletic wear from Lululemon and Athletica are ALSO made overseas. Shopping for a new supplier of cool yoga wear and learning at the same time. Also ironically, I'm fairly certain the operator who (hopefully) handled my cancellation was very, very far from here and did not speak English well. She reminded me after canceling that I should, "Like" Fabletics on Facebook. Ummmm...I'm canceling...what part of canceling did you not understand? Final note: The advertisement DID say $25 for the first outfit and it turned out to be $50. I guess that's on me...should've known right then.

jessicab58
10/16/14

I like it seems everybody else has, has been sucked into this scam of a site!!! Checked my bank the other day to find £44 had been taken out! Worried I tried to figure out where it came from! Turns out it's from fabletics joining me to their vip membership!!!! Rang them up to cancel and get a refund and he cancelled but can't get any refund so now I have have to buy another outfit just to use my £44 up that had been put in credit on there website!!!! Never known anything like it!!!

tk13
10/16/14

It is disturbing if a group of thieves can label themselves as a "company" and get away with knowingly and intentionally stealing money. Someone in the legal field needs to look into putting a stop to the type of fraudulent, bad faith, unethical "business" strategies practiced by Fabletics. I have a very pro-business mind set, but a group of thieves does not qualify as a "company," and stealing money should never qualify as "doing business". If these tactics are not criminal, they are at least unconscionable and Fabletics needs to be disgorged of its"ill-gotten gains." STAY AWAY FROM THESE THIEVES.

Tip for consumers: SCAM-letics.

leahz
10/15/14

Well. I ordered my first outfit which came to $44 instead of the $25. I did agree to the VIP program as it wouldn't let me continue without saying yes. I called customer service after making my purchase to cancel the VIP membership so I wouldn't be forced into remembering monthly to say no to an outfit picked for me in my email as I just want to try the clothes before I commit to monthly outfits. The lady I spoke with was so rude and refused to cancel my membership. After three requests to cancel she obliged. Asked for a confirmation # which she rattled off really fast and then hung up on me. I learned a few days later not only had they cancelled my membership but also my order and charged my credit card. It has been a nightmare dealing with them and only after contacting them on facebook, twitter and email finally got an answer back through facebook saying I had to deal wtih their customer service. I have disputed the charges with my credit card company as they are unwilling to refund my money for no product and cancelling my order. They are total scammers and I have told all my friends to stay away! I suggest everyone else do the same or you'll be dealt with rudely and charges made on your card and no product to show.

leilam5
10/14/14

This company is awful! A complete SCAM!!! I hope Kate Hudson realises how crap the company she has put her face to actually is!
Like everyone else I have ended up having £44 taken out of my account which they call 'credit' for me to use when I like... yes that is how my money works!!! I shouldn't have to use it with them!
I rang their customer services and spoke to two people who were not helpful at all!! They just read from a standard script and didn't speak to me about the issue I had!

I finally got them to cancel my membership but I am still trying to get my refund back!!
To make it even worse, the clothes are awful quality!!!

AWFUL AWFUL COMPANY!!!! AVOID!!

Tip for consumers: DONT USE IT

jaymed
10/12/14

Who needs a subscription to athletic gear? I mean a friendly reminder is nice but a lot of people purchased and did not read the fine prints. I saw it and called almost immediately to cancel. I am very turned off by the brand and the idea that Kate Hudson would participate in such tasteless business practices. Kate, I would venture to guess that people looking for a $25 outfit are not in the market for a $50/month subscription catered to their athletic wardrobe. Should we be reading everything we are agreeing to? Sure. But when you use Kate Hudson as the face of a company I can see where one could let their guard down.

marissas5
10/3/14

STAY AWAY!!! They are using Kate Hudson who I adore to sell horrible crappy products. And, the worst part is you have to pay a restocking fee is you want to return. Why bother when you can buy quality products and not deal with additional fees if you have to return. Bras have no support and pants are just plain UGLY. Stay away!!!!!

jills30
10/3/14

BEWARE! I took advantage of a 50% off sale of an outfit and unfortunately I didn't read the small print. By doing this I automatically became a VIP member, which means that if I don't order an outfit or "skip a month" I am charged a $50.00 credit! Had I not read the email they sent me today I would have been charged, not even knowing I was a member! This is such a sneaky business practice that I will never order from them again!

I ordered medium Norwalk tank top (the size I always wear) and when I tried it on it was very hard to get on, it had very little stretch. It fit once it was on but then it was very hard to get off. The top was much cuter in the photo, I will not be wearing it again.

Tip for consumers: Don't be fooled by 50% off deal unless you want to become a member and be obligated to buy an outfit every month or be charged a $50 credit.

bethw16
10/3/14

I am really impressed with the garments that I received from Fabletics, I am very tall so ordered the tall leggins and wow they fit like a glove, with a bit extra length, which is what I wanted, may I point out I am just under 6 foot. The leggins are so comfy and so is the sports bra, the tshirt is also a wonderful fit. And I am extremely impressed that all 3 of these items cost me only £22! What a bargain for such wonderful garments.
On the downside, the monthly payments thing did throw me, when reading these reviews AFTER I had ordered my products I became worried, but I rang up the company straight away and asked to cancel my membership, and they did it, with some hassle, they did try to get me to stay, but I was adamant that I wanted to cancel my membership and after about 10 minutes they did so for me.
Overall, I would recommend this website to people, the quality of the products is great, they're very comfy and well priced. BUT make sure you read the small print, and to cancel your VIP membership, which you get automatically when you sign up unless you want to pay the £50 odd a month.

Tip for consumers: READ THE SMALL PRINT

stephs7
10/3/14

This is a complete scam. I have now been charged twice since I've tried to cancel. I have not received any of the clothing. I have received a confirmation number for cancelling which means nothing as they have not followed through with cancelling my payments.

Tip for consumers: Pay attention to the fine print. I didn't realize it was a subscription.

tamaraf
10/1/14

The order itself came in and the product was fine, it is of good quality and has unique features. The process beforehand was a big issue. The system that is set up where you can 'opt out' of the monthly payments is not executed with the best interest of the customer in mind, which made me feel taken advantage of and scammed in a way. It's not easy to remember that you have 5 days before you're charged $50. I was charged for 5 months that were never used, and when talking with Customer Service to try to remedy this I was treated as if I were a nuisance, and told I could use those points for outfits. Look, it's a great service to have $50 to get specially priced outfits, but who buys $50 worth of work out clothes EVERY month? Obviously someone who can afford to pay full price anyway. I would never recommend this company because of the customer service experience alone. The clothes and deals are great, and opting out is a good option but people have lives and other bills and can't be expected to remember with no reminder email whatsoever. My power bill, yea, I am going to remember I didn't pay that one. Athletic wear? Of course it might slip someone's mind that that they decided to sign up for this expensive and money sucking experience. <br><br>In the conversation with the customer service rep, I had to fight to finally get only 3 of my 5 months back. I had to stand up for myself, and continue explaining my problem, with being made to feel that I have greatly inconvenienced the company. Of course they could give me all 5 months, they just didn't want to. I ordered this order only because I couldn't get the other $100 back!! If a customer is dissatisfied and was clearly unaware/had forgotten an ongoing program that exists to BENEFIT the customer, this customer is clearly distressed over the amount taken out, and offers solutions, and you still don't listen to their concerns and go out of your way to ensure that they will come back again and their concerns are met, that is extremely poor customer service. This comes from someone who works Customer Service, and I get treated similarly (very poorly) by customers daily as I try to assist them in finding a solution, so I would like to NOT be treated that way when dealing with other customer service reps. That $100 I lost was a big deal to me, I don't just have $100 to throw out. So, the clothes are great but I didn't need them at all and actually really needed the situation properly remedied. I will wear them and when people ask about if Fabletics is a good company, I will be very honest in my reply that they should not use this company for the reasons I have explained. If a company is not existing for the customers who keep it running then it is going to be running on empty.

Just know that if you goof up and forget that you signed up for monthly payments (not everyone is Type A and on top of something as insignificant as work out clothing), you aren't going to be treated well and their customer service department will not go out of their way to ensure that you are taken care of. If there had been an attempt to show kindness and understanding it would have gone a very long way. Forgetfulness is not stupidity, especially not when caring for your customers. Trust me, I get way bigger doozies than this on the daily.

Tip for consumers: Just know that if you goof up and forget that you signed up for monthly payments (not everyone is Type A and on, you aren't going to be treated well and their customer service department will not go out of their way to ensure that you are taken care of.

bob1617
9/30/14

Fabletics is a complete scam. Products are of poor quality and if you do not purchase their crap product or forget to skip the cycle you automatically get charged $49.95. The products never change, basically you are have to purchase the same crappy product over and over again just in a different color. For the price and quality go to Marshals, TJ Maxx, Nordstrom Rack or any other discount store where you can purchase a quality outfit and for less. Just check out Fabletics from month to month and you can see that their products are always the same. When you are a member and log in the prices change as does the availability of products. This company is a total scam after your first $25 outfit cancel your account immediately otherwise you'll be obligated to purchase crap.

jenniferm86
9/29/14

THIS IS NOT A SCAM like the others claim! Great program with clearly defined dealines to cancel your monthly outfit (that is greatly price, btw),
Awesome, quality pants...compete with Lululemon fabric. Sports bras are a little light and the lack inventory can be a $#*! but these will both only get netter with time.
Do not regret signing up at all!

sofiah2
9/28/14

I don't understand why so many are complaining. It clearly states at checkout how VIP membership works. You must opt out between the 1st and 5th of every month to avoid the member charge, that or go ahead and purchase something to get the VIP member advantage pricing. Have to treat it like a bill due every month you have to remember to purchase or opt out. In addition, a person doesn't have to join VIP. Buyers see the discount and never stop to think what the catch might be. I don't personally think it's a good business model as the membership advantage isn't enough for me to take on the risk of forgetting and basically being forced to buy something, but that's my choice as a consumer. Fabletics is completely legitimate. Consumers need to take on more responsibility on their end.

carolm56
9/22/14

Do not use this company! I ordered my first (half price £22) yoga outfit in a hurry and accept i did not read the small print. I contacted the company when i realised an additional £44 had been taken from my bank account last week, first by email to cancel my VIP membership and secondly to request a refund as i was in Greece when the emails were sent and i was not logging into my emails. They weren't having any of it and emailed back to say i needed to ring a premium rate number to cancel. I have just rung them to be informed that the £44 cannot be refunded and can only be used to purchase their goods. I have never known a company where you have to opt out every month or your bank account is automatically debited by the cost of a yoga outfit. How many yoga outfits does anyone need??! The onus is on you to opt out every month or you will be charged. This is totally unacceptable in my view, i reluctantly had to order a second outfit, even though i didnt want one as they were adamant the £44 could not be refunded. Presumably this is how they get all their business!!

Tip for consumers: Do not use this company unless you are sure you want to have to opt out of a purchase every month!

latressaj
9/17/14

I just ordered my outfit and I have high hopes (its a three piece: including a top, sports bra and leggings) and it was less than $40. I don't know if they changed the website or if no one else read what was clearly presented to them, but they definitely charge for monthly access. I plan on canceling my VIP membership if I don't see anything I like in the first three months.

Wish me luck with customer service if that happens

Tip for consumers: READ THE FINE PRINT before you start complaining on the internet.

lisam115
9/13/14

What a SCAM! In the 'fine print' it mentions the $ 49.95 monthly charge. Seriously? Why on earth would you need to subscribe to an athletic clothing company? If there was a way for Kate Hudson to see what people outside her bubble really think about her ripoff business and she cared maybe she would fix this mess.

Tip for consumers: Go somewhere else unless you don't mind losing your money.

sheilas15
9/10/14

I feel badly because I absolutely love Kate Hudson….. BUT…. when I purchase a product over the internet and then I'm charged an additional $50 a month later for a "VIP service"… no thank you. I don't even want e-mails or to have a general account with the company. Oh and by the way, I unfortunately agree with another customer, the materials are cheap :(. Sorry Kate.. still love you as an actor though! :D

kathleenl8
9/8/14

OMG! I am so sad I purchased without doing due diligence (which i normally do)! I am shocked Kate Hudson would put her name on such crap merchandise!! I made my first order and just received it (about 10 days). The materials are SO CHEEP! The website talks about free returns but what they don't mention is that you have to CALL them. It can't be done on line AND they charge a restocking fee! I feel absolutely stupid!!

Tip for consumers: DON"T DO IT!!!

maddiec
9/8/14

I made an account and tried to log in with it and was told my email address wasn't registered to an account, thinking this might be a mistake, and because hadn't realised how awful they were at this point (or that I had to pay £44 a month) I made another account.Same happened again.

Not thinking anything of it, I just left it. Until I received an email for each account saying if I don't log on in the next 2 days to skip a month, each account will be charged £44. Luckily I read the email rather than just shrugging it off as spam. Anyway I tried to log on to 'skip the month' and not be charged and neither email was recognised again.

Rang them to cancel both accounts to avoid a £88 charge and they were not having it. After 15 minutes saying please just cancel it and having nothing in return than trying to be sold everything under the sun I'd just about had enough. Also absolutely hilarious that they tried to convince me to stay by saying I had 32 points on my account and that if I get a 1000 points I can have a free outfit. As if they were expecting me to say "WHAT?

If I spend £1000 more I can have ONE awful quality gym outfit? I'M IN" After telling them I will not be shopping with them again, and again asking if they could hurry up and just cancel the accounts already they then started to say that I had broken a company policy by having 2 accounts. When I replied saying that I only had two accounts because it had no record of my initial account, they then suggested I log on to the accounts to cancel them. At which point I repeated myself for the twentieth time to say it had no record of either of my accounts.

Don't quite think they grasped the situation.

The woman continued to go on and on and on about why I shouldn't leave etc, I ended up snapping that I am paying for this phonecall and I have asked them to do the simple task of cancelling my accounts and they have wasted 15 minutes on the phone trying to do so, to which she replied "ok Miss, but have you realised that with your VIP account you get -" to which I literally screamed JUST CANCEL THE BLOODY ACCOUNTS ITS REALLY NOT THAT DIFFICULT, to which, after 17 minutes of me literally repeating the words "just cancel it", she finally actually did it.

Awful customer service, awful quality clothes and a truly awful brand.Avoid at all costs, between the phone bills you'll rack up simply trying to get any sense out of their employees and the bills you'll receive if you don't buy anything, you'll spend more money trying to solve the problems you'll get from shopping with them then you ever would on their pretty gym clothes (that for the record, are worse quality than primark)

Tip for consumers: Don't.

saras50
9/8/14

This company is a HUGE scam!!!!! My husband ordered leggings as an anniversary present. He was enrolled in a program that automatically charged us $49.95/month. The original leggings were of very poor quality and fit. They cannot be returned for a refund. I got no product for the 2 months I was charged. I waited on the phone for hours to speak to an actual person. I was given no refund to the 2 charges. And it was VERY difficult to cancel future charges and get out of the program! --- I would give negative stars if possible.

Tip for consumers: Never do business with these people!!!!!

michelley8
9/4/14

Really would like to give negative stars. The pants are not even Kmart level. Fit is horrible!! Spent the whole class pulling them up. Good thing I got at 50% off for $19 I don't feel as bad throwing them in the trash. If I were Kate Hudson I'd be ashamed to put my name on this crap.

katheryns1
9/3/14

I tried and was disappointed in the quality of the sports bras, however, I am a runner and used to sturdier garments. Even though I am small chested and would only use for yoga, I still think the quality could be better. One of the long sleeve tops I ordered was as thin as a kleenex. Also, when I tried to reach Customer Service, I was on hold for over 21 minutes. I cancelled my membership. The only favorable part was the design, it just wasn't carried over into the quality.

sarahs116
8/28/14

Awful. Need I repeat what others are saying? Really shady practices...it just makes me cringe that places are doing this to the American public. What normal individual can afford to spend 50$ a month on spandex?! Please avoid, not only because you will save money, but because companies like this shouldn't be allowed to make a profit based on morally wrong behavior. The greedy 1%, it's sickening.

aartih
8/27/14

Kate Hudson needs to step out of Hollywood into the real world where people don't buy 50 bucks of exercise clothes EVERY MONTH. Not to mention, it was only $100 later I realized I was quietly being billed 49.99 a month for a "VIP Membership" - for what? To get some email spam? Which clothing company does this? There are a million options and most better than this. This is a sneaky scam and my opinion of this company and it's founder are in the toilet. stay away

brendar19
8/27/14

This is the worst company I have ever made a purchase from. Not only was I not informed of the $49.95 per month "membership fee". How many sets of work out clothes does one need? I have no intention of logging in every month to say no I don't want this this month. I have spent most of today getting my money back.

Tip for consumers: Don't do it. It is a scam and they have you trapped.

dianag15
8/26/14

I ordered from this website. I will acknowledge that I did not read any fine print, but who would have expected that they charge me $5.95 for each item that I returned. The items looks great on the website, but on my frame not so good. I am a size 4-6 and ordered a small. The leggings were so tight that they hurt. When I called to return they told me there was a restocking fee for EACH item, not the total order.
I would not do business with this company. You can find better products somewhere else that respects that women need to try something on and sometimes we return items because they just don't work on our body shape. Basically, I paid $5.95 for each item that I tried on today. Major disappointment.

Tip for consumers: Do not order from Fabletics!!

elizabethh44
8/26/14

I just got my first outfit in the mail and put it on right away. It fits PERFECT and is actually quite slimming. I absolutely love it.

I will admit, like others, I did NOT see that I was signing up to be a member in order to get the discount. However, that is because I DID NOT READ the fine print. If you take the time to pay attention and read what you are buying, you would probably really enjoy being a member.

I haven't had to deal with Customer Service yet, so I won't say anything about that. But with a VIP membership, standard shipping is free and my outfit showed up in only a week.

As for the "$49.95 a month", I've set an alert on my phone for the first of every month so I remember to go and either skip that month or pick out my outfit. As long as you remember to do that, you WILL NOT BE CHARGED.

I'm definitely going to keep my membership!

Tip for consumers: Make sure to read the fine print!!!

suzieq2
8/25/14

I had just about placed an order and realized it said something about being a VIP member. That is when I read the fine print. They charge you 49.95 "credit" of being able to purchase gym clothes each month. Who would want to do that??? Sounds really dumb to me, when I look good in Walmart's $6.87 shorts. This website needs to be reported to the better business bureau, and the fact it's a membership needs to be in bold on its home page, and not hidden in the terms and conditions

Tip for consumers: don't.

christinep14
8/22/14

I LOVE Fabletics. I signed up to get my first outfit under the promo, and I read the terms and conditions that said I would be a VIP member. No problem there; I set a reminder in my calendar to skip on the first of the month in case there's nothing I want so that I don't get charged. So far, I have really liked most of the clothes I've gotten. The Lima and Salar capris have great compression and are perfect for strength training workouts; the Suva II run shorts are my go-to training shorts, and I'm loving the Koia and Ayni bras and the Leon tank. It's an absolutely fantastic value, and I really don't mind logging in for 30 seconds every month to skip.

Tip for consumers: Always read the terms and conditions.

laneb6
8/21/14

They don't make it clear that you're signing up for an auto membership (VIP B.S.) when you purchase their introductory outfit, and they make it VERY difficult to cancel. You can't cancel by email, they make you call, you're put on hold (15 minutes for me) and then they read a B.S. script to you, trying to change your mind.
They should take some notes from Zappos on their policies and customer service.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site!

tiffanyl15
8/20/14

Unfortunately, this is a SCAM. I signed up to get $10 off my first order. Then I got SEVERAL emails stating that I should go use my $10 credit before it expired. When I logged in to place my order, there was no credit. So I spoke with the company and they said that the $10 credit was for referrals only. "Sorry for the confusion they said". I'm sorry, that isn't confusion. That is false advertising and I have several emails from them to prove it.

nicollea
8/18/14

WHAT A SCAM. The 1st outfit also includes a charge for $49 to be charged later. Their customer service is very poor I have just had 2 online chats and been on hold for over 30 min to be disconnected.

crystalc18
8/17/14

I took them up on the first offer in order to try out the workout wear. I actually liked it and thought I might order another. Problem is I didn't realize I signed up for a VIP membership for $49.95 a month! The operation is deceptive and perpetrating a scam. DO NOT FALL FOR IT!

Tip for consumers: READ ALL THE FINE PRINT CAREFULLY UNLESS YOU WANT A MONTHLY BILL OF $49.95.

marya147
8/15/14

Advertisement stated 50% off of an outfit. Attempts to purchase required signing up for VIP program. I admit, I did not read the fine print. My selection amounted to less than 20% off. However, since I was only trying out the gear, I decided to let it pass. Yesterday, I received my credit card statement with a charge from Fabletics. A call to customer service (not the greatest) indicated that by signing up for VIP program, permission is granted to make a monthly charge and that one point would be added that, as they accumulated, could be used for additional purchases. My problem is this: I do not intend to order from them again. I have received no merchandise for the amount that was charged to my card, and I had no intentions of monthly purchases of work out outfits.
After jumping through many hoops, a credit is supposed to be issued to my card. I saw that one person stated that if you skip a month??? How?? The money is automatically charged without contact to see if you intend to purchase for the month. I think that if 50% off is the banner offer for the company, then directly beneath it should be "if you join the VIP club and commit to monthly charges to your account, whether or not you make a purchase." As far as the clothing, the styles are great, the pants are good, but the shirts are very cheap - looking and especially after washing.

Tip for consumers: Read the fine print before signing up for the VIP club. Order an item and check out the quality before committing.

verbalk
8/14/14

I responded to an ad offering a $25 outfit and free shipping for new customers. Took the time to go through the site, searching for the right outfit. Finally found what I wanted (I'm a tall - hard to size, so I was super excited to see they had tall sizes, even though most of them appeared to be sold out :/) and when going to complete the transaction, saw that the "VIP" service was automatically selected. I deselected this, because I wanted to try out the quality and fit before committing - but when I unchecked the box, the offered discount went away. I started an online chat with a representative, who told me the offer only extends to those who agree to "VIP" service - a $50/mo charge.

This is deceptive advertising. If you can't even honor your own promo deal, you shouldn't offer one. And, if you're going to make your customers jump through hoops on an initial transaction, this doesn't bode well for future dealings. Also, the non-discounted price was $110 for one tshirt, one pair of yoga pants, and a sports bra. Totally lost my interest! I'll never do business with this company.

Tip for consumers: Read the fine print - for sure!

shaeshaep
8/12/14

I purchased an outfit from fabletics and I love the outfit however I did a one time purchase. ..I got an email yesterday saying they were going to charge me 49.95 for the vip program. ... I never authorized nor set up to do the vip and when I did my purchase it never said anything about being charged monthly or automatically setting me up for vip. I called customer service and they refused to refund me the money, I argued with the lady for 20 Min before she said she cancelled my subscription, then I told her I wanted my card info taken off the account because I didn't know it was saved on there, she refused to do that as well.... If you order from them make sure they don't put you in the vip as well as I'd probably use a pre paid card Cuz they save your card info and won't take it off! I had to go to the bank and had them block the payment after they took it out and have to get a new card!

anona15

DECEPTIVE PRACTICES!!!!!

I was so excited to find such cute outfits for such a cheap price, and although the clothing is good, the philosophy of the business is downright manipulative.
First thing that happens is that you sign up and an immediate 24 hour countdown begins, urging you to buy something, which if you buy within the first 24 hours you get a discount. Of course they dont tell you this, all you see as a customer is how good a bargain you are gonna get for your first buy. It felt very forced.

Next thing I know, I have ordered my outfit and am satisfied until i see that Fabletics has withdrawn $50 from my account. Upon further investigation and speaking with a representative, I am told that once you sign up you automatically become a VIP member and if you dont ablige to certain responses via email, you are charged this amount monthly. Of course non of this is made clear to you when you first sign up. Oh and they wont give me back this amount of course.....very very manipulative techniques,

Furthermore, I tried to cancel my account after this since I was so disappointed, but apparently you cant do this online like any normal business. You have to call them personally and go through the whole customer service spiel...ay ay ay, we have another comcast situation playing out here it seems.

long story short, there are plenty of other good athletic stores that have more humane and less bureaucratic schemes, I would find another store.

tonyab2
8/12/14

I had to write a review because of all the negative reviews I am witnessing. The VIP membership CLEARLY states the terms and agreement. You just have to read. Fabletics will charge you a monthly fee if you do not skip or cancel. I have skipped several months because I did not want to purchase anything. It doesn't charge your card if you skip. The quality of the products is outstanding. Just pick true to size. I will definitely be a member for life. If you love working out and love work out clothes, this is the best site for you.