US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

wadeh27

[3] Delivery – Some stores can make your glasses in an hour. (in 22 reviews)

alexh84

Inexpensive, they have great customer service and so nice. (in 7 reviews)

micheleb33

I was happily surprised that the prescription was perfect on all three pair. (in 14 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

melaneyp
4/18/15

Wow! I am so surprised and impressed. I got a replacement pair of glasses in the mail without asking!

I contacted them last month and said that my Rx was wrong in my new glasses. (Honestly, it was my fault.) They said the frame was out of stock but I could order a new pair. I decided to wait because I love my frames so much. I never contacted them back.

Today, in the mail, I received a surprise corrected pair. So Impressed! I am submitting this review wherever I can. They try hard to please.

shawny4
3/25/15

I ordered two pairs on march 7. Got no news from them for two weeks so I sent an email requesting to cancel my order. What did you know! Three days after sending this email, they "shipped" my order, but two days later, the tracking number is still unverifiable. Figured out that its a fake tracking number. This is a pathetic trick out of the old book in a cheap attempt to sway me from canceling. Never buy from this company

mattl40
3/20/15

I bought boulevard frames with prescription lenses from EBD. The frames are the cheapest quality plastic I've seen. The screws won't stay in place. I'm tightening them every other day. I didn't get the upgraded lenses so they get oils on them that won't come off with hit water and soap. Why even off such crap lenses. I ordered new glasses from another online vendor and they are great. Much heavier plastic and I got the better lenses all in for less than my EBD swap meet specials. EBD sucks!!!

micheleb33
3/14/15

I read all of the negative reviews after I had placed my order and had a sinking feeling the glasses may never arrive or be the wrong prescription. I was happily surprised that the prescription was perfect on all three pair. I ordered the prescription on Feb 23 and they arrived on March14, 2015. It seemed like a long time, having broken my only pair, but technically it was 15 working days.

andrewp63
3/4/15

I've purchased several pairs of glasses from this vendor. The first time was a pair of single-vision computer glasses. No problems. The second time was a pair of progressive lens. The frames were disappointing, but that's a hazard when buying from a picture on a website. The third time I decided to order the frames with the idea that I could return them to have lens put in afterwards. So much run-around I gave up and just ordered a new pair with progressive lens. The glasses came, but then I noticed that they weren't properly ground. The focal point was much too high, requiring me to peer through the top of the lenses instead of straight through the middle of the lens. I complained--run-around. "Send me your prescription", as if that had anything to do with an improperly profiled lens.

Apparently it's true--you get what you pay for.

If you just need cheap glasses for a simple prescription, I think they will do fine, but if there is a problem, don't expect much. They ain't Apple. For more complex prescriptions try Lenscrafters or some other brick and mortar place where they will insure your satisfaction before charging your credit card.

richardn26
3/3/15

I have purchased maybe 10-12 pairs of glasses from Eye-Buy-Direct and the service is excellent. The quality of the frames is above average and I have nor has my daughter ever had issues with the lenses. The prices are great when compared to buying at the local stores, Lenscrafter's or even COSTCO.

alexh84
12/18/14

LOVED IT.
I bought glasses here, they were light-weight, so I worried that they wouldn't be as good of a product as that which I could find in the store (or at the mall), but they have been holding up EXTREMELY well (and I have three kids, so it can get rough at my house!). Inexpensive, they have great customer service and so nice.

symeas
11/4/14

I bought some a pair of glasses from them Summer 2011. They included a case and wipe cloth. These glasses continue to last and are still in good condition. They didn't take a long time to arrive and I got them for under $15 total with tax and shipping. I plan to buy another pair from them soon and I have recommended them to all my friends.

wadeh27
10/1/14

Just received my order; delivered to my door. What can I say? I am pleasantly surprised. I can only compare this to my experience with brick and mortar eyeglass shops. So, here goes...(EBD=EyeBuyDirect [1] Frame selection – EBD has a much better selection in every category to include designer brands. [2] Customer Service – EBD is very easy to reach 24/7 and has live chat and email options. Very responsive, knowledgeable and helpful. Better than any of my experiences with store personnel. The doctor that did my eye exam messed up and I had to submit a revised prescription to EBD and there were extremely understanding and helpful. [3] Delivery – Some stores can make your glasses in an hour. And you PAY for that convenience. Most stores will ship them to your door and that takes 10-14 business days. EBD does a much better job of sending status updates and tracking numbers. I prefer my experience with EBD. [4] Quality of product – EBD frames and lenses are better. [5] Fit – EBD frames did NOT require adjustments. I took them out of the case and put them on, ready to go. Store bought glasses have always required adjustments and even return visits to have them re-adjusted 24 hours later… [6] Other – Let’s talk about accessories. EBD sent my glasses in a nice hard case with a microfiber lens cloth for each pair! Stores typically don’t provide hard cases, but will offer to sell you one. [7] Appeal – I like my EBD frames better. My Girlfriend gave me a quick thumbs up and told me to ditch the new store bought frames. Guess that sums it up well. [8] Value - If you like paying more money, go to a store. EBD is the best value and I saved a LOT of cash with EBD. [9] Overall – I am much more pleased with EBD than any other experience with eyeglasses.
Thank you so much EyeBuyDirect.com !
EBD Order Number 5653056

Tip for consumers: It's important to shop for glasses that meet the dimensional requirements for your features. Know what size will work for you before you start looking at styles. This will help guarantee your satisfaction.

shanea16
9/30/14

I am not sure why they have such a LOW rating but let me be the first to keep it real!!!

I ordered the Robbie frame (with the white handles) on 9/19/14. I have received them on 9/29/2014. The glasses are in excellent condition! I love them! I will never ever ever go to Walmart of anywhere else for glasses. I got these babies for 15.00! They always have sales and coupons. They also give you loyalty dollars which you may use at checkout. These people are the business. Do not go by these reviews b/c I sure didn't. I went with my budget. Check them out!

Tip for consumers: This site is a Google Trusted source. So just know that if they mess up, Google has your back too!

karenm87
9/29/14

So I buy (directly) a pair of glasses after dealing with this website's hellacious interface. They arrive and despite theoretically being the same size as glasses I own, they are vastly larger, and darker than the picture implied. I like the lens quality but I look like an owl with the runs. And they're matte, which I don't like, this was apparently a feature of only one color, the one I ordered. So they graciously agree to exchange them for a $16 fee. So the next pair comes, and again even though I downsized as much as I could, they're still too big for me. This pair has terrible lens quality, it feels like the two sides were reversed. I ask about the incredibly tedious interface that loads every pair of glasses I try on whether I like them or not into the compare window, which gets loaded up with sixty ... never mind, you have to experience this mess for yourself. IT person tells me that doesn't happen. Well ok, apparently I'm super special and able to do magic, because I can't make it stop happening. So for another $16 and another 5 hours of effort I order a third pair, newly listed and apparently both the right size and color. Now this time they promise to be extremely careful and analyze what went wrong with the lens quality compared to the first pair. So they came today. The lenses are the same sucky quality as the second pair, and they frames are matte, which the description didn't mention, which I was specifically making sure to avoid.

All I can say is, three strikes, you're out. This company did try to help me - except for the snotty IT person - but what they offer is junk and no amount of trying is going to turn junk into jewels. If you have a big face and a simple prescription ebd might work for you, but I'm through with online glasses.

ETA: so I put a review expressing my dissatisfaction up on the website, and guess what, I go to their link to verify that I wrote it and I get a bad gateway error. Imagine that. Just lost another star, eyebuy.

-- and for those feeling $60 was a "hefty price", I paid $143 + $32 exchange fees + $12 in shipping fees back to them, and this didn't include the transition outdoor lens I wanted, which they couldn't honor with extra thin lenses (why not? other companies do. Guess I shouldn't complain, since they're terrible anyway at least they weren't $50 more.) $187 for something I'm only going to wear if I'm home alone and don't need to do any close work. Ridiculous, I could have gotten that for $35.

db75
9/16/14

It is my first time doing a review and buying an eyeglasses at eyebuydirect. The first glasses they sent I was the one who needs to blame I put the grade wrong both eyes. So i sent them back and give them the right grade. AND I WAS EXPECTING TO RECEIVE THEM TOMORROW 9/17 BUT NAH WHEN I GOT HOME FROM MY INTERNSHIP I WAS SURPRISED IT WAS HERE ALREADY!! AND it really fits me! So cool! Thank you eye buy direct. It's been almost 2 years since I got new glasses. Happy customer!

-DEANNE B.
Pittsburg, CA

bobl41
7/1/14

I tried to place an order and had a hard time and guess what? No on can help you! You need to do it all online! Their cust service dept sucks and never calls you back. Stay away! Not worth the cheap stuff they sell

michellet30
6/16/14

I am not impressed. Especially already having had experience with another, FAR superior online eyewear company (coastal.com), eyebuydirect was really disappointing. The only reason to buy from them is if you absolutely cannot spend more than $30 on glasses and are in no rush whatsoever to get them. If those two conditions are true, eyebuy is probably a great resource. I ordered two pairs of glasses and a pair of sunglasses. Nearly a week after my order, I received an email (at 3am) that the lenses I'd paid extra to have put in my sunglasses wouldn't work with the frame. I authorized them to change the lenses to a lower quality lens, but had to remind them to refund me the additional money for the change. I ordered on May 20th, and received them on June 13th. In contract, I ordered three pairs of glasses from coastal the day after my eyebuy order shipped. Both orders arrived on the same day. The coastal order is MUCH higher quality than the eyebuy order, and even though I have to return one pair (I didn't read the measurements correctly and they're too tight), I'm not put off by that because Coastal return policy is amazing. In contrast, I'm unimpressed by one of the pairs of glasses Eyebuy sent me, but given their return policy, I'm just going to stash them away and probably never wear them. For what they cost it's not worth the hassle to try to return.

I would not recommend EyeBuyDirect to anyone, though I understand the appeal if your funds are extremely limited. You definitely get what you pay for, but you can get much higher quality and better service from Coastal for only a little more money.

veronicad4
3/19/14

I placed an order and had issues with the glasses, had to return. I was going to honor and buy a new pair. I sent in the originals withing 10 days along with original packing, cases and cleaning cloth. The lack of customer service and cooperation is crazy. They received my glasses but would not refund without a tracking number supplied my me, and then send me an e-mail to my e-mail asking for my e-mail address to confirm. Not a very professional company or one who seems to want to take advantage of their customers. In addition the new glasses I received the new pairs I ordered are not what I expected either, but not going to try and return these and go through with this BS again.

willc27
3/3/14

Horrible company they dont honor their coupons!

neilm29
1/23/14

DO NOT PURCHASE!!! DO NOT PURCHASE!!! YOU WILL BE SORRY!! Crap quality, distorted lenses,no returns,no refunds,crap customer service. You have been warned.

danielb86
12/19/13

Very satisfied , ordered 2 pairs, everything was perfect frames prescription progressive lenses, order a pair of sunglasses to my prescription, love them .. since then ordered a pair for a friend, and another pair for myself to keep home just in case. Coulnd't be happier with these glasses. It took 16 days to get them in Canada.

tracyb38
11/28/13

Bought 2 pairs of glasses - one was a straight 6.95 - no frills single vision - they are great, however the other pair that were multi-focal not so great. To see long distance I have to tilt my head down and look through the top of the lens. Like the other reviewer I get to pay shipping and a restocking fee for them to fix the issue. Went through their email system for support. The English is not great but I guess that's the state customer service these days. If you want cheap single vision glasses then I would definitely recommend but expect a crap shoot for anything more complex.

jeffb77
11/25/13

Finally got em 20 days later. Wrong size and the nose piece is off. Contacted customer service via live chat about replacements. They send the return information.after reading.... I have to pay for shipping back to them provide them with the tracking information when it arrives I have to notify them. I then have to Reorder the glasses and wait another 14 days for them to be made and pay 5.95 for them to ship them back to me. I then requested a refund got attitude. yes attitude. NO THANKS. I wish I would have read the reviews on them before i ordered......My Bad. :(

matr6
10/7/13

Great glasses. Good frame, clear lens, great value for money

aliciam8
7/12/13

Never waste your time ordering anything from EyeBuyDirect.com. This has been the absolute worst online shopping experience of my life. I ordered my glasses on June 22nd. They FINALLY arrived on July12th after me nearly having to beg them for my glasses. I could have placed and received 3 separate orders with Coastal.com in this time period. Anyway, I open them up and they look similar to the online photo, but the temples are bowed way out and instead of fitting snugly, they wrap around my head. The glasses are much larger than the description online. So I contact them about refunding/exchanging them and am met with an attitude, but they don't want to refund my full amount AND I'd have to pay to ship them back. I will never, ever do business with this company again and I recommend others stay away as well!

georgel26
7/1/13

Terrible people to deal with. Claim to be in California and give a number in Maryland which always says: "Leave a message." There are multiple accusations of scamming against them on every complaint site on the web. Do a thorough search before dealing with these people?

melindam4
7/1/13

Eyeglasses arrived on time. Quality excellent. Prescription is correct. Overall very happy with the purchase.

charlesf17
6/6/13

Since the first pain of glasses I got from them in April 2013, I have ordered a back up pair of my bifocals, a third pair of sunglasses, and my wife and daughter have ordered from them. The web site allows you to track the progress of the order and every pair was 100%. I saved hundred of dollars from them, their frames are superior to any I have seen even in high end optical stores. I do not know what their is to dislike from this company. They are great

anna-mariet
3/27/13

No. Their customer service is a joke, and my glasses came with the screws loose, the lens falling off and the nose pads uneven, all for the hefty price of over $60. No thanks!

bruceg8
1/9/13

good price and service

stacyt
6/23/11

It was time for a new pair of prescription sunglasses and this time I was going to try and spend less than $100 (including the exam). A very low budget for those who have done this before as sunglasses tend to cost more than regular prescription glasses. I found an optomistrist that did an exam for $49 and then I found sunglasses that were Rx on eyebuydirect for another $49 not including shipping. Sweet heart of a deal!