US Government's NSF

17 Reviews for EyeBuyDirect.com

▼ Sort by: recent

db75
9/16/14

It is my first time doing a review and buying an eyeglasses at eyebuydirect. The first glasses they sent I was the one who needs to blame I put the grade wrong both eyes. So i sent them back and give them the right grade. AND I WAS EXPECTING TO RECEIVE THEM TOMORROW 9/17 BUT NAH WHEN I GOT HOME FROM MY INTERNSHIP I WAS SURPRISED IT WAS HERE ALREADY!! AND it really fits me! So cool! Thank you eye buy direct. It's been almost 2 years since I got new glasses. Happy customer!

-DEANNE B.
Pittsburg, CA

bobl41
7/1/14

I tried to place an order and had a hard time and guess what? No on can help you! You need to do it all online! Their cust service dept sucks and never calls you back. Stay away! Not worth the cheap stuff they sell

michellet30
6/16/14

I am not impressed. Especially already having had experience with another, FAR superior online eyewear company (coastal.com), eyebuydirect was really disappointing. The only reason to buy from them is if you absolutely cannot spend more than $30 on glasses and are in no rush whatsoever to get them. If those two conditions are true, eyebuy is probably a great resource. I ordered two pairs of glasses and a pair of sunglasses. Nearly a week after my order, I received an email (at 3am) that the lenses I'd paid extra to have put in my sunglasses wouldn't work with the frame. I authorized them to change the lenses to a lower quality lens, but had to remind them to refund me the additional money for the change. I ordered on May 20th, and received them on June 13th. In contract, I ordered three pairs of glasses from coastal the day after my eyebuy order shipped. Both orders arrived on the same day. The coastal order is MUCH higher quality than the eyebuy order, and even though I have to return one pair (I didn't read the measurements correctly and they're too tight), I'm not put off by that because Coastal return policy is amazing. In contrast, I'm unimpressed by one of the pairs of glasses Eyebuy sent me, but given their return policy, I'm just going to stash them away and probably never wear them. For what they cost it's not worth the hassle to try to return.

I would not recommend EyeBuyDirect to anyone, though I understand the appeal if your funds are extremely limited. You definitely get what you pay for, but you can get much higher quality and better service from Coastal for only a little more money.

veronicad4
3/19/14

I placed an order and had issues with the glasses, had to return. I was going to honor and buy a new pair. I sent in the originals withing 10 days along with original packing, cases and cleaning cloth. The lack of customer service and cooperation is crazy. They received my glasses but would not refund without a tracking number supplied my me, and then send me an e-mail to my e-mail asking for my e-mail address to confirm. Not a very professional company or one who seems to want to take advantage of their customers. In addition the new glasses I received the new pairs I ordered are not what I expected either, but not going to try and return these and go through with this BS again.

willc27
3/3/14

Horrible company they dont honor their coupons!

neilm29
1/23/14

DO NOT PURCHASE!!! DO NOT PURCHASE!!! YOU WILL BE SORRY!! Crap quality, distorted lenses,no returns,no refunds,crap customer service. You have been warned.

danielb86
12/19/13

Very satisfied , ordered 2 pairs, everything was perfect frames prescription progressive lenses, order a pair of sunglasses to my prescription, love them .. since then ordered a pair for a friend, and another pair for myself to keep home just in case. Coulnd't be happier with these glasses. It took 16 days to get them in Canada.

tracyb38
11/28/13

Bought 2 pairs of glasses - one was a straight 6.95 - no frills single vision - they are great, however the other pair that were multi-focal not so great. To see long distance I have to tilt my head down and look through the top of the lens. Like the other reviewer I get to pay shipping and a restocking fee for them to fix the issue. Went through their email system for support. The English is not great but I guess that's the state customer service these days. If you want cheap single vision glasses then I would definitely recommend but expect a crap shoot for anything more complex.

jeffb77
11/25/13

Finally got em 20 days later. Wrong size and the nose piece is off. Contacted customer service via live chat about replacements. They send the return information.after reading.... I have to pay for shipping back to them provide them with the tracking information when it arrives I have to notify them. I then have to Reorder the glasses and wait another 14 days for them to be made and pay 5.95 for them to ship them back to me. I then requested a refund got attitude. yes attitude. NO THANKS. I wish I would have read the reviews on them before i ordered......My Bad. :(

matr6
10/7/13

Great glasses. Good frame, clear lens, great value for money

aliciam8
7/12/13

Never waste your time ordering anything from EyeBuyDirect.com. This has been the absolute worst online shopping experience of my life. I ordered my glasses on June 22nd. They FINALLY arrived on July12th after me nearly having to beg them for my glasses. I could have placed and received 3 separate orders with Coastal.com in this time period. Anyway, I open them up and they look similar to the online photo, but the temples are bowed way out and instead of fitting snugly, they wrap around my head. The glasses are much larger than the description online. So I contact them about refunding/exchanging them and am met with an attitude, but they don't want to refund my full amount AND I'd have to pay to ship them back. I will never, ever do business with this company again and I recommend others stay away as well!

georgel26
7/1/13

Terrible people to deal with. Claim to be in California and give a number in Maryland which always says: "Leave a message." There are multiple accusations of scamming against them on every complaint site on the web. Do a thorough search before dealing with these people?

melindam4
7/1/13

Eyeglasses arrived on time. Quality excellent. Prescription is correct. Overall very happy with the purchase.

charlesf17
6/6/13

Since the first pain of glasses I got from them in April 2013, I have ordered a back up pair of my bifocals, a third pair of sunglasses, and my wife and daughter have ordered from them. The web site allows you to track the progress of the order and every pair was 100%. I saved hundred of dollars from them, their frames are superior to any I have seen even in high end optical stores. I do not know what their is to dislike from this company. They are great

anna-mariet
3/27/13

No. Their customer service is a joke, and my glasses came with the screws loose, the lens falling off and the nose pads uneven, all for the hefty price of over $60. No thanks!

bruceg8
1/9/13

good price and service

stacyt
EXPERT
6/23/11

It was time for a new pair of prescription sunglasses and this time I was going to try and spend less than $100 (including the exam). A very low budget for those who have done this before as sunglasses tend to cost more than regular prescription glasses. I found an optomistrist that did an exam for $49 and then I found sunglasses that were Rx on eyebuydirect for another $49 not including shipping. Sweet heart of a deal!

Best Online Eyeglasses Stores Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber