US Government's NSF

155 5th St, 7th Floor
San Francisco, California, USA
Tel: +1.4159634055
press@eventbrite.com

People interested in Eventbrite are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

gl1431
7/21/15

Eventbrite totally took the hit and sent refunds when the organizer of an Obstacle Race (Atlas Race) bailed and took off with the money. I can't speak to their services, but in terms of doing the right thing for the participants--they were awesome.

kevinz9
7/2/15

I swore that I would never leave an online review for a business but just had to warn other people about this...

In the beginning I was extremely excited to learn that a platform like Eventbrite existed for someone running a small event like myself. Most of the features were easy to understand and connect with my website.

About 3 weeks before my event I got a message ON THEIR WEBSITE saying something along the lines of "You have been accepted for the advanced Payout blah blah blah... If you do not want this feature contact us." So I sat back and waited until the 15th to get some $. On the 16th I called them and said hey I thought I was gonna get paid some $ early. The guy then informed me that I had to call and confirm I wanted advanced payout etc etc. This was very odd to me because I specifically saw on the website it said to reach out if I did not want it. Kinda weird. So anyway, I then ask him "OK well what is the process to initiate this advanced payout thing is there an application or something"? He says "No, you just had to call us." OK... He then tells me that I will be receiving an email with more details and that the next advanced payout happens on the 30th. He clearly said the "15th and 30th"... Fast forward two weeks to my event(s). Held on the 29th and 30th. At this point I decide to allocate pretty much every dollar to my name to staff, marketing, food, facilities, etc knowing that I am going to have the money payment initiated on the 30th. Well that didnt happen on the 30th. So I call on July 1st, the girl that picks up then proceeds to tell me that the payouts are on the 15th and the 1st. Im like uhhh OK thats not what the other person said but no big deal just send me the money. She then dances around my questions for like 10 minutes until I finally get her to stick with one response that "Because my events have already happened I cant get the advanced payout feature on the 1st" So because she sounds like a nice person or just very good at acting clueless I dont freak out. Even though I literally have no money because of the costs of the event. I also explain to her that I owe 5 different people money for working the event and she recommends "Just apologize as much as possible to them". Ha. Long story short... just make sure they send you something confirming they will pay you on the day they say so you dont end up like me two days before 4th of july weekend with zero dollars.

annc36
1/28/15

We have had nothing but trouble with Eventbrite; their continual changing of the layout of the manage and edit pages with no notice to their customers. What's worse is they recently decided to publish the date and time of closed out events, without an option to turn it off for those of us who don't need people showing up in hopes of attending! They have no plans of fixing this problem--I asked and the answer was no. This has cost us a lot of time, trouble and many awkward in person situations. We are changing soon. Hate Eventbrite.

garyt33
1/16/15

The worst they lock you out your events refuse to payout

danh68
1/12/15

OK for 'one off' events - but NOT suitable for repeat events. Eventbrite change things all the time without informing you and will LOCK your events - creating new listings to reflect the changes. This means if you use eventbrite widgets to embed events on your own website you are screwed - as the widget breaks. This has happened to me 3 times in 12 months so I have abandoned eventbrite in favour of a self hosted solution which has saved me a lot of money already.

ivyt10
6/18/14

Eventbrite locked my account and took down my event without informing me. When I called, they emailed me within 24 hours the following email.

"After reviewing your account and the events you have listed with Eventbrite, it has come to our attention that your Eventbrite account does not comply with our Terms of Service. As a result, your account has been locked and your events will no longer run on Eventbrite.

As you may recall, the Terms of Service to which you agreed to when you signed up with Eventbrite state that we reserve the right to review and stop running any events when deemed necessary. You can review these Terms of Service here: www.eventbrite.com/tos.

For privacy reasons, Eventbrite Support is unable to provide any additional information regarding this account, and the Trust and Safety team is only available by email."

My company is a start-up company, it's an online learning center, it is still not accepting business although it is fully registered and legitimate. http://thelearningweb.me

I work for a large prestigious employer, when I log in as a large corporation, I get VIP treatment (they send the checks super-super fast!), when I log in with my own start up company's email address, I get thrown out. I can't believe the discrimination. I say it is discrimination, bias and bully because no concrete reason is given for deleting my event.

I did not contact Eventbrite further because I no longer need to use an external software. I managed to configure the shopping cart to handle event registration that is integrated to Moodle LMS and Joomla CMS. Eventbrite cannot do this although it's a good event registration system.

visichats
10/11/13

fully scam site, they scam us for $6500 USD.
we was create 1 event with them, evergthing was fine no issue at all, but on payout date thet refuse to pay us our $6500

such a fraud company i have see in my life.

keny5
8/22/11

Easy to use, powerful features, mobile check ins and lots of integration with ore sites. If your holding an event, back yard barbecue or a concert in the park, eventbrite is the way to go! Highly recommended.

rodg
5/13/10

Organizing a large event and collecting money for it in advance is a challenging task and using eventbrite can make things go much more smoothly. They can help organizers collect money in advance as well as promote the event for you. Definitely a useful website and easier than selling tickets on your own.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Eventbrite staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I'm trying to buy a ticket for the Austin Mahone concert event. Is the event on the site legit or not legit?
6 days ago
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Eventbrite staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Eventbrite?