US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

doggyd

The ones I lost were simply too popular and went way above what I bid. (in 11 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

bruceb57
6/24/14

Advantages.
1. Esnipe Bidgroups is THE KILLER APP HERE. Bid on a bunch of similar items and with the intent of only buying one. Once Esnipe wins one, it won't bid on any more.
2. Find a better deal or change your mind, you can't cancel an ebay bid. You just have to wait and hope you get outbid. But you can cancel an esnipe bid.
3. Some chump ebayers keep upping their bids once outbid. But not if you snipe them at the last second.

jennifers90
5/16/14

New to the world of auction shopping, a friend of mine turned me on to this. I can set it and go straight to bed for overnight bidding.

toma320
11/10/13

I've been using eSnipe for about thirteen years, and I've been very happy with the service. I feel their pricing is quite fair for what they offer, which is a reliable last few seconds bid. I read one review where the reviewer complained about a minimum $1.00 charge for a foreign bid... Seriously? If the extra 75 cents is going to break you, then don't use this service for foreign bids. They also have a maximum charge. So if I am bidding on an automobile or other high priced item, I'm only charged $10.00!! That's a great deal compared to me hanging around my computer! Anyway, I've been very impressed with this site and I highly recommend them!

peggyt3
9/29/13

Excellent- have used for 12 years or more. Has saved me a bunch of money and staying up half the night to bid.

sanyar1
7/16/13

I would give this site a zero if I could. they charged me a dollar for bids that should of only been 25 cents. I buy beads and bulk bid on a whole heap one night thought I saved myself a bundle the next day and a nights sleep but guess what.. they ended up costing me twice as much as I would of considered paying in some cases. I of course complained and they sent me a $#*! n bull excuse that they charge 100 points for non us bids.. oh really? because I didn't read that pearl in your "how much does is cost" in your Q's and A's. theres much better free sites people can use. DONT use this site people they are dishonest and rip off merchants

biffk
4/26/12

I just logged on after a couple of years and my BidPoints are still there! Pretty cool that they didn't expire after all this time.

This service if for when you really, really want to win some item, this system will give you your best chance. I started using eSnipe years ago after forgetting to check up on an auction of something a really wanted right at the end of the auction. With eSnipe, you can just set it and move on with your life. It's always exciting to get that notice of a win when you weren't even thinking about it! Great for use at work when you might not be able to access eBay right at the critical moment. You don't need to use it every time, just on the important items.

jrr1
9/1/11

Esnipe sounds like a good idea, for the website. Having observed esnipe, I fail to see why you need it. If you want something on ebay, all you have to do is bid the maximum amount you are willing to pay. If you don't know what that is, you shouldn't be bidding. Ebay only increases the amount you bid by one increment, say $1, more than the last bid. And it does it instantly. If the bids become more than your maximum, then you are outbid and the auction ends for you (costing you nothing). Esnipe does the same thing, except you have to pay not to bid. I have won close to 100 auctions this way, but it is much more fun to do your own sniping. And let's say you told it to bid 4 seconds before the end. That's still enough time for me to beat you, unless you bid more than my maximum. But hey, to each his own. I am not criticizing, just making an observation. Happy bidding, no matter how you do it.

jennm2
1/21/11

Works everytime.

doggyd
12/5/10

I've been using eSnipe since 2006 and think it is a great tool for end of auction bidding.

It is particularly useful when you just don't have the time to sit- and fume about losing an auction. When there is an item i really would like or need, I use eSnipe. Otherwise I just use the Buy-It-Now option.

I've both won and lost items in auctions with eSnipe. The ones I lost were simply too popular and went way above what I bid.

Some people report that esnipe never even bid on a item. That's happened to me too but ONLY because at the time my bid would have been placed, it was already above my highest bid. Esnipe states this in their terms and it perfectly understandable, correct software behavior.

You simply purchase "points" then use them as need be. My points purchased in 2006 are still good, they do not expire like cellphone rollover minutes.

My "points" purchase have paid for themselves over and over again. You do not need to be there for the end of auction, it works whether you are online or not, their servers do the work. I must admit, it is fun to watch yourself win an auction in the last 4-6 seconds of an auction without lifting a finger!

Out of the dozen or so time I have used this, it has NEVER failed to place a bid when my bid was higher then the current bid.

Placing a realistic bid is key to winning an auction. If you place a bid for $50 for something you KNOW will sell for $100, you simply won't win with any sniping software. Of course, I still do this knowing I'll probably lose and still get lucky on occasion.

This software is one of the best of it's kind and highly recommend it. If you do a lot of auction, then it;'s worth buying 1000 points. You can find out what their current pricing is, but 1000 points buys $1000 worth of eBay merchandise.

Happy Bidding!

Tom

dogk
10/27/10

I noticed that when I bid on item and it had days to go people would start biding on that item as well. However if I wait until the last few seconds of a auction, often there are way fewer bids. This makes wining a item less expensive. With so many people on eBay charging outrageous shipping/handling charges I searched for a way to keep the competition at a minimum.

The answer is esnipe. A low cost alternative to biding myself. I can set it up to bid at any time before the end of an auction and it always works. I have never had a filed bid using this system. I don't get caught up in biding wars and never bid more than what I started out to bid. I love this system. I see people end up bidding more for an item than it can be purchased out right for. Its crazy. Get some management involved in bidding on eBay and try esnipe. I use it exclusively to bid on eBay.

earlt
Apprentice Reviewer
6/20/10

Pretty neat system if you like to bid in the last seconds on ebay auctions, this does it for you. Plus you don't need to hang around the computer when the auction is ending. I wish their site was a bit more user friendly, but all in all, it's a great service for the price. Keep it up!

marilynf
EXPERT
6/14/10

I believe in unfair advantages, at least when it comes to buying stuff on ebay. The competition for some items can be stiff, and esnipe gives me an edge on those things I really, really want or need. You copy the item number from ebay into esnipe and set your maximum bid amount and how many seconds before the end of the auction you want esnipe to place the bid for you. I usually choose 4 seconds. I've only lost a couple of auctions using esnipe, and I suspect the people who won were also on esnipe! And the cost is extremely reasonable! I don't think I've put in more than $10 in years of use, but the amount of bidding you do will determine that.