US Government's NSF

Ellesilk reviews

13 Reviews for Ellesilk.com

▼ Sort by: recent

7/23/14

The pajamas are perfect! They are warm, but not to warm. Soft, they feel amazing on the body. They wash wonderfully and don't shrink one bit. I got the Burgundy color.
My only complaints are that at least for me they are a little long in the legs, but I have a hard time finding pants that fit me anyways. Even my Dad, who never wears pajamas ordered himself a set after he saw mine, and I going to order a few more in the future. If you like the silk type feel, you can't go wrong with the silk pajamas on this site.

6/28/14

THE BLANKET IS AMAZING, UNBELIEVABLY SOFT AND WARM, and makes me pumice and cream up my hands and feet or I can feel the skin flaws catch on the fabric. This is AUTHENTIC, FABULOUS, RIDICULOUSLY TOUCHABLE and I hate to get out of bed and leave it behind me each morning, so I have taken to wrapping it around me and working in bed instead of at my desk when I work at home, especially on the cold days, although it is an all season blanket, so you could use it all year round.

6/23/14

This is the third silk nightgown by ElleSilk that I have purchased for my wife. Totally worth it. This product is of exceptional quality, was beautifully packaged, and arrived quickly. My wife is pretty small, the size small fits her fine. It's lightweight and flowing, so sizes are relatively forgiving. Each one I ordered arrived on time, and was
nicely wrapped.

5/17/14

I never write reviews, but I always read them. I always want people to be specific about the fit and quality, so here goes my effort. The silk pajamas are very comfortable and soft. The fabric is thick enough to not be see-through. I wear a size 18 and the XL fits exactly how I would want pajamas to fit, loose and flowing, but not too baggy. In fact, I would say, they fit me just like the model looks in hers. I washed and dried them with no issues. I also have the silk sheets. I highly recommend both.

4/8/14

I ordered a silk nightgown for my wife from the website and am now stuck with an oversize item I cannot return.

The main problem is that most of their clothing is dispatched directly from China and there is no return allowed. This is not stated on the homepage, the product pages, the ordering or transaction pages. It is in the small print on the returns page.

The second problem is that they also lie to Chinese customs by indicating this is a polyester item, and it seems genuine silk to me. But, this potentially means that buyers may be held to account for import duties.

The third problem is their sizing is all wrong. The 'Medium' I ordered stated that it was size 8/10 for a woman. It is not, it's a 14 minimum.

So, not only do they not accept returns, but their sizing means that returns will be inevitable. Except they won't admit them. Which is also in contravention of Trading Standards.

So, you have a company that can't measure properly, lies to get through customs, won't accept returns of clothing and are rude when it comes to customer service. I think that should be enough reason not to consider them again.

I am normally careful when it comes to this kind of purchase... and I did take care. But even then their deliberate hiding of the truth about their service meant that I was taken in.

Avoid!

2/21/14

I am amazed that a duvet so light in weight can give so much warmth when you are sleeping! It drapes over your body and makes you feel all snug and cosy without the feeling of heaviness. The service and expertise offered by ellesilk team is excellent and after ordering, my duvet was sent out promptly in the post. The luxury of silk is definitely worth the investment for a good, quality night's sleep!

1/13/14

I too got caught for import costs. The pyjamas were massively bigger than ordered, Elle Silk refused to change them

12/7/13

Product's okay, but got caught with an extra invoice from the shipper/importer for duty and VAT which was unexpected and which amounted to £24.18 for a £68.66 purchase price and which already included the shipping costs. An expensive buy, turned out to be more than Harrods!

8/15/13

I bought two pajamas for my wife. Normally she leaves things in the wardrobe several days before using them, but not these. She saw them, felt them, jumped up and changed into them, and I think has been wearing them every night since. I think if she could wear them to work she would. The fabric is nice, and the pajamas are well put together, they do look and feel very expensive.

6/28/13

The silk blanket ordered from this site is much higher quality than what I was expecting! So soft! And the blanket seems to hold up great to washing. My daughter was excited to trade her old "well-loved" blanket for this one! Excellent buy! Thinking of getting another one for my youngest. It would be nice if they offered more girly colors...but that's my only complaint.

4/23/13

We needed new sheets, so gave these a try. They are very soft, just right for warmth, and after several washings have not pilled or become rough. They are just great. I've told a few people about them and am thinking about giving a few sets as holiday gifts.

8/20/12

Ordered pillow cases from this site, they are really lovely. I got two because I only use them for a few nights before washing. The silk is very smooth and seems heavy enough to be durable. They've been washed four times at this point, and no signs of wear are evident. They are a little big for my standard size pillows. I do realize they are "queen size," the size would be less of an issue if it weren't for the envelope-style closure of the case. Very nice quality pillow case, especially given the price!

6/25/12

Ordered silk sheets from ellesilk last month, the sheets I owned prior to these cost about 10 times more than these. These sheets are great. They look good, they feel good, and you cannot beat the price. I liked them. They are comfortable to sleep in.
It's worth it to have sheets that you enjoy since you sleep on them every night for at least 8 hours.

The Best Bedding Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber