US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

mixxyn

eBates customer service will always be there when I needed or requested to investigate my lost cash back. (in 301 reviews)

debrab29

While learning my way around Ebates, the people in Customer Care have been most helpful. (in 36 reviews)

sarahg48

I got all my questions answered in under 24 hours and am very grateful and happy with the excellent service! (in 18 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

joycew10
6/30/15

I thought I did a shopping trip through Ebates, but found out after the fact that I didn't. Ebates gave me a one time courtesy "pass" and credited me with the shopping trip. Since beginning with Ebates, I have the button to click on anytime I shop online, and will always shop through them. You can't lose. You don't pay extra for what you're buying but you get rebates for doing what you do anyway...shop online. So start winning with the rest of Ebates satisfied customers!!

donnah50
6/30/15

I signed up with Ebates almost 2 years ago, and my ONLY regret is that I didn't do it sooner. With the Ebates button on my web browser, I can activate an Ebates "shopping trip" with one click. The button displays a green border to show it's been activated. That's it. After I've finished shopping and paid for my merchandise, Ebates sends an email telling me what my rebate amount will be. I get a check once a quarter - a bonus rebate on things I was buying anyway. Customer service is fabulous; the staff is courteous, professional, and knowledgeable. I couldn't be more pleased with this service. And I *love* the Daily Doubles - some merchants increase their rebates by double or sometimes more. By careful planning, I've been able to save money through Ebates' alerting me to coupons and sales, and I get money back in the form of a rebate check each quarter. I highly recommend Ebates to all my family and friends.

karis27
6/29/15

EBATES’ customer service is definitely BEYOND AWESOME! I am not very savvy with technology and had managed to create two (2) separate EBATES account. I realized I had cash value on both and was feeling quite flustered. I sent an email describing my situation. In no time, I received a reply from an ACTUAL PERSON explaining my dilemma was solved and were consolidated using the email address I preferred. DID YOU READ THIS? AN ACTUAL PERSON, NOT AN AUTOMATED EMAIL WITHOUT THE OPTION OF RESPONDING, SAVED THE DAY! I am sending the same message to Clark Howard, as I am a big fan. I need to let him know that EBATES’ customer relations departments is the opposite of the customer “no-service” departments consumers usually have to deal with. Thank you, Marlene and EBATES! You are appreciated!

michaelb227
6/27/15

I use e bates and have added to already grwat orices on many igems, I have had questions about my account and the customer service staff cannot be more helpful.

adnani
6/27/15

Every time I've called eBates, I've received excellent customer service. All of my questions get answered and the representatives are always courteous. Also, a special thanks to Zack who handles the Ebates credit card questions. Ebates is lucky to have him working there.

Keep up the great work!

Adnan

meenar
6/26/15

I had bought a product through Ebates and had some issues with the refund process. It was actually my fault because I hadn't read the fine print, but there were some problems with the way it was advertised on the site. However, as soon as I brought this to Ebates attention, they made it right. They were able to give me the correct information for next time, but also gave my the refund even if they didn't have to. I will definitely be working with Ebates again-they have made my shopping so much easier and their customer service is exemplary. Every other company should be taking note of this! Would recommend to all shoppers!

vladab1
6/26/15

My experience with Ebates was top notch when I needed to request cash back on a purchase I had made through Etsy, a new affiliate partner they were promoting. I hadn't realized I clicked through the Ebates referring link with an alternate Ebates account, so when I made the purchase, the cash back posted to that account instead of my main used one. When I inquired, the associate looked up the transaction/order, credited the cash back, and offered to consolidate the two existing accounts so that my cash back would all be in one place. All in under 24 hours.
Fantastic customer service and very attentive to the needs of their users!

buddyl1
6/26/15

I've ordered many items through ebates.com. It's so easy. All you have to do is access the site you want (Amazon, etc) by going through the ebates.com site. It's so simple. Nothing more to do. No forms. No more information. Nothing. Just click through ebates.com.. Easiest reward site on the web.

katl31
6/26/15

I try to start each online shopping trip by going through Ebates. In a recent last minute effort to use a Kohl's promotional discount, I neglected to enter through their site. After completing my transaction on Kohls.com I realized what I had done, I immediately emailed Ebates to ask if their was anything that could be done. They researched my transaction and, as a courtesy, awarded me the Ebates cash I would have earned. I was truly WOWed. I cannot say enough about their follow through and the timeliness and quality of their customer service communications. I am most definitely a loyal fan for life and will tell anyone who will listen! Thanks Ebates and thank you Tiffany!

robertd128
6/26/15

I Wish To Thank Ebates & Their Professional Customer Service Department.

The Response Time Was Extraordinary; But When I Inquired About What I Assumed Was An Oversight In Regard To A Recent Purchase, Imagine My Surprise When Ebates Responded As Follows:

"Ebates has yet to receive credit for this order from the merchant, but as we do not want you to continue waiting on this order, we have added this Cash Back to your account."

Quite Honestly, I Cannot Recall Ever Experiencing Such Kind Courtesy Quite Like This Within The Exchanges Of Business Protocol!

I Can Honestly Say That Ebates Shines With Integrity!

carlyt4
6/25/15

I have never had a problem with Ebates, in fact they solved a problem for me wherein I had two emails and two accounts. One email to customer service and the accounts were combined in less than half a day

elainet9
6/25/15

When I first discovered Ebates, I was skeptical, however they soon proved to be invaluable and I highly recommend them to anyone who shops online. Their customer service is top notch, fast and friendly. My Ebates checks every quarter are great, money back on stuff I would purchase anyway, who could ask for anything more!

jamesa108
6/24/15

Super fast response time in an email to support. Nice browser integration into Chrome with the plugin. I'm liking some eBates!

jennifern31
6/24/15

I came across a problem and Ebates replied to my email within 24 hrs and took care of my situation. Very happy client

megap1
6/24/15

Ebates is awesome, basically they are paying you for doing what most women love the most (read: SHOPPING). Who doesn't love that idea? I'm new to this site, tho, but so far only good experiences that I have with Ebates

agnesk4
6/21/15

I love dealing with Ebates. I have called and e-mailed and have received excellent service each time. I had problems with my Teleflora flower orders (about six since May) and had to notify Ebates. I received the necessary information from Teleflora and sent it to Ebates. I have since received all my cash back. Thanks Ebates. You make me want to continue shopping for my next big fat check!!!

shirleyjon
6/21/15

When I realized I never received my latest Ebate Check, I sent an email. It was answered promptly by Michelle, a customer service representative. Not only was the matter investigated and resolved immediately, it was done on a weekend! What a great company! I love Ebates.

df83
6/19/15

I AM SOLD ON EBATES, AS I'VE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH ANY OF MY ORDERS, OR TIMELINE IN RECEIVING THEM. THEIR DISCOUNTS ARE GREAT! I HAD AN ISSUE WITH AN EMAIL ADDRESS, AND ALEXIS IN CUSTOMER SERVICE QUICKLY WORKED ON MY ISSUE FOR RESOLUTION. SHE IS SUPER GREAT, AND FOR ANYONE WHO MAY ENCOUNTER A PROBLEM, BIG OR SMALL, I HOPE YOU GET ALEXIS, CAUSE SHE WILL GIVE YOU A REASON TO KEEP ON PURCHASING THROUGH EBATES... MY WIFE LOVES THIS SITE:) NO JOKE!!!!

happyc12
6/19/15

The customer service is amazing. I had an expired check and within a day, I received a response from Ebates saying they would issue me a new one, gave me the exact date it would be issued, and also reminded me of my other checks expiration date as that was coming up! Tiffany was the gal who helped me and she was so nice and fast at responding!

williamk65
6/18/15

I was having an issue with understanding my cash back and sign up gift card. So I sent an email to customer service at Ebates. To my surprise within minutes I had a reply. After a few emails back and forth, they helped resolve and helped me to understand how everything worked. Thanks Nicole, you were/are amazing! Perfect!!

tanyak15
6/18/15

I contacted customer service by email with a request to re-issue a voided check and got a response almost instantly. Within a few minutes (after verification) I was notified that my check would be re-issued soon. Awesome customer service!

kaitlynl2
6/18/15

I have been using Ebates for about 2 years now and I am completely satisfied with their customer service, the website in a whole and I think it is a fantastic idea. I am a huge online shopper due to the majority of my days spent sitting at a computer for 8 to 12 hours a day, and it is amazing to get cash back for shopping. I would recommend this site to everyone

kd36

Short and sweet version!

Miranda is a real person not a computer she replied to every email and helped with everything I needed quickly with no extra questions asked! Great job.

cherylm43
6/18/15

Ebates is the best! Great prices and customer service! And best of all - big rebate checks!

joycey3
6/17/15

Love the Ebates toolbar button. Never forget to shop through Ebates again!!!

yuliak1

The best service

ashleys88
6/17/15

My issue was handled in a friendly but professional manner. I was very pleased at how quickly it was resolved as well.

jays327
6/16/15

I'm sorry I don't have time to really write a review. Suffice it to say that my issue was minor & Danielle treated it like the most important issue on her desk. I guarantee it wasn't. All I really needed was answers to a couple of questions & actually got that and cash back that I wasn't even asking for!!!!

Absolutely top notch customer service. Whenever I shop, it will be through Ebates!!!

wyattb20
6/16/15

Ebates is not a scam. But they do receive money to advertise items, which often results in higher prices for users. They also take a portion of the affiliate kickback. So there is incentive to promote items with high affiliate kickbacks. Items with high kickback to item price ratios most often did not sell well on the primary sellers site. (Normally because they were overpriced). Using Ebates you can get 3% as a rebate in a few months or you could save up to 40% right now using an e-commerce search engine like http://www.ayedeals.com

mariannal
6/15/15

Ebates.com is ridiculously easy to use, and it covers big well known retailers as well as small boutique ones! it doesn't take any effort from the customer when using it and it brings you real money! How can you not use it? :-)

dorothyn6
6/15/15

I had an issue with an ebates order and ebates helped me fix it in a way that saved me alot of time.
PS: the star rating on the system is not working.; it only says 1 star, but it should be 5 stars. I tried to click on the 5 stars but it wasn't working and there seems to be a system error. thank you.

camillec6
6/15/15

I always check Ebates for the company I'm about to order from. Love the fact they give coupon codes as well as giving you cash back on purchases. I have received 2 checks from them!

michellek44
6/12/15

Ebates is the best kept secret in the USA! While many people have heard of it, they do not understand how simply the concept works and are skeptical about any advantages to be gained. Well, let me say that they are missing out on a wonderful opportunity to 1) make money while shopping and 2) be a part of an amazing program run by highly professional people who have the work ethic and thoroughness of yesterday. Not only do they provide daily notifications of increased % refunds, but they notify the customers each time they earn credit toward their "big, fat check" (quarterly). If you have the chance to do one thing in the immediate future, I highly recommend signing up to be a part of Ebates. I promise that you will not be sorry.

oliverc21
6/12/15

I dealt with Tiffany in CS and she was patient, responded quickly and exceeded my every expectation

jeannes4
6/10/15

After finding that a couple of orders I placed online did not go through my Ebates account I contacted Ebates customer service. With only one or two questions by email the customer service department was able to find the problem and solve it to my satisfaction. They certainly did not have to go the extra mile to help me but I'm glad they did!

glennm53
6/10/15

Had a Cash Back transaction that did not register with Ebates and so made and enquiry with customer service who then proceeded to look into my case. Sure enough they were able so solve the issue and get me my Cash Back amount in my account.

Thanks Ebates

deannb1
6/7/15

Heide in customer service is so wonderful. I did not receive my Big Fat Check in the mail. Not because it wasn't sent out but perhaps it just got lost int he mail. She got back with me within minutes to let me know another check would be sent out in a few weeks. That is exceptional service in my mind! Ebates is such a wonderful program. I love that you actually get money back just for shopping at your favorite stores! How can you not sign up? Thanks Ebates for doing a wonderful job!

valinikim
6/7/15

This website is great! I receive a cash back check every few months from my purchases. Never noticed a difference in the price when using this website. At least for the stores I visit this never happened(Macy's, gap, old navy, julep, Aldo, The bay and several other of this type) . The customer service responds very quickly to every question. Overall, a five star website and service.

lesleyd2
6/6/15

My ebate check was mailed but never received. I contact ebates to inform and the team immediately sprung to action. Customer Care reached out to me w/in a few days to verify some information and approximately one week or so, I received an email that they will issue a replacement check. Alexis and her colleagues were prompted, friendly yet professional. Outstanding customer service!

heathery7
6/4/15

I had to contact customer service because of some missing cash back. My initial response from Heide was super quick. The whole thing was resolved in a day or two, and the correct amount was deposited into my ebates account. Thank you ebates for giving us real people to talk with, and for excellent customer service.

mariev5
6/4/15

I started using Ebates in 2003 and can't say enough about their top notch customer service! When I have a concern I get a reply within the day. The deals given for cash back as well as additional promotions really add up quickly! Make it a habit to start every online shopping trip with EBATES=) Even if it's 1% cash back--that's 1% more savings on something you would have bought anyway=) THANK YOU EBATES for helping me save money!!

arniset
6/3/15

I recently wrote to Ebates customer service in regards to the possibility of having my last Ebates check, which I had unfortunately lost, replaced. Almost immediately, I received a courteous reply from Chris in Customer Service. In subsequent correspondence (through email) my problem was resolved with utmost kindness. The result is that they are going to replace my lost check. Of course necessary precautions need to be taken on their behalf to void the original check, etc. Thus my replacement check will be sent next month rather than this month. Ebates customer service could not have been nicer! They even apologized to _me_ for any inconvenience although I was the one making extra work for _them_. I realize that their response could have been "Sorry, but our policy is to not replace misplaced checks" so I am especially appreciative of their generousity!

sophial8
6/1/15

I've had an issue with my order made through Macy's. Macy's made an error with my order and then also refused to honor the Ebates percentage back. I reached out to Ebates regarding this matter since I had all proof (confirmation/cancellation emails). Macy's continued to refuse to honor the Ebates percentage back, but Ebates' representatives honored it for me instead. I've been using Ebates for several years and have been recommending their services to friends and families. My most recent experience with Ebates was excellent and I will continue using services with them.

joanneb29
5/31/15

I had some issues related to being new at this and not quite understanding the process .. These were resolved quickly and to my complete satisfaction!

joannec17
5/29/15

I made a purchase through Ebates.com that I did not see listed in my account. I completed the online form to request an inquiry and I received a response within 2 days. I provided some additional information and the customer service representative immediately responded again and credited my account with the purchase although they had not yet heard from the retailer regarding my order. The representative was timely, addressed my concerns and solved the problem without my having to jump through hoops. Excellent customer service!

brendas35
5/29/15

I had a fantastic experience with Alison when I couldn't update my account. Love this company.

billineg
5/28/15

Though it was totally my own doing, by not reading what was part of the deal... ebates still gave me cash back on an item that wasn't covered. They were courteous and quick to respond when I asked where my cash back was.

annab144
5/28/15

Customer Service got back to me the next day, and not with an automatically generated email -- but a real person, typing a real thoughtful response. I was able to email back to them and the same person responded again, and resolved my problem. Unreal in today's world. Super!

darlenep7
5/28/15

Im not going to say ive not had any issues on here, but when i do, they handle it right away. You know there is a person on the other end of that email.

I really love ebates, its free money in my pocket!

nicolinar
5/28/15

I had made a rather large purchase online, I wasn't sure if I had clicked the ebates button correctly, and it wasn't showing up on my account. I contacted ebates customer service, and within a day, I had a response AND my rebate had been credited, along with an explanation on how ebates works, The service rep was very sweet, extremely fast with an answer, and was willing to help me with any other issues if I had them. This was an amazing first time experience!!!!

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Ebates staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I just THOUGHT I did my first ebates purchase through Macy's. I went to the ebates website, clicked on Macy's, purchased a Dooney & Bourke handbag. But when I look at ebates it does not show a purchase. i think I purchased directly through Macy's!! How do I know the difference?!
5/3/15
Answer
lisak41
A: If it for some reason doesn't show like it should, I contact ebates. I include a copy of the email with the information from the order placed. Normally I wait until the purchase has arrived. This gives ebates and the store to put the transaction in your account.
5/4/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: I want to buy an item that costs $25.00 from walmart, it's online and they have a store pickups now your link says it's 19.99 so what is the procedure do I pay the full price and you send me the difference back to my CC or how does this system work and how can I KNOW I WILL BE REDEEMED?
5/6/15
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Ebates staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

4 Photos for Ebates