US Government's NSF

Visit Us

72 Reviews for Ebates.com

▼ Sort by: recent

7/30/14

Ebates customer service is awesome. They have responded to inquiries within hours if not sooner and go out of their way to answer questions or resolve any issues.

It is a pleasure doing business with ebates.

7/29/14

I was confused about my cash back amount on a recent purchase. I contacted customer service and Kayla explained everything. The responses came quickly and provided all the info I needed. I love Ebates and Kayla did an awesome job helping me. Please consider giving her a large raise :) Thanks for everything!!!

7/28/14

I love Ebates and since I do most of my shopping on line, I use it all the time. On the 2 occasions I had a problem with my cash back, the customer service was excellent and they resolved the issues right away.

7/28/14

Don't like it at all I sign up to get a $10 gift card n order some toms shoes to get 10% cash back got my shoes n still no cash back.... I think is all bs n buy the way where's your phone number to contact customer service uuummmm.

7/28/14

Very prompt and curtious! I was highly impressed.

7/21/14

Mixed feelings on ebates. First experience was great. My most recent purchase involved a laptop that was out of stock so the retailer suggested replacing with another model which I accepted. When the transaction went through it cancelled the ebate. Not very happy.

7/6/14

Love this site!!! Since I have started using it 1 1/2 years ago I have made quite a bit in cash back, right around $1700. It is easy and if you make sure you do it the right way which is so simple as well you will get the cash back. Since starting with them I only had one instance where I did not get my cash back, and I use Ebates often! I do not get all the people that have so many problems with it! It is so simple and provides me with a nice bit of extra funds to use for shopping or other needs by just buying normal items I would buy anyway. :)

6/13/14

I was very pleased with the e-bates Rep. He was extremely patient with me, and was very helpful. I will def. shop thru e-bates since the customer service reps. are very professional and pleasant.

6/12/14

it's quite good.

6/12/14

Ebates is great! I have earned over $300 in Cash Back in the past 6 months. I installed the Ebates button on Google Chrome which makes remembering to use Ebates super easy.

6/11/14

From day one, it's been nothing but a pleasure. With money being tight, it's wonderful to be 'rewarded' for purchasing items that are needed.

6/11/14

I purchased a new computer and needed assistance setting up my ebates shortcuts on it-The CS I received was SO EASY and I was thrilled with the results

6/10/14

Always good service and love getting cash back.

6/10/14

Shopping online has never been so easy and fun

love it!

6/10/14

Ebates is the best! If you're going to shop online anyways there is no reason why you shouldn't shop through Ebates. They always send me updates about my recent purchases and the money I've earned. I get extra bonuses for referring people and when you sign up you get a gift card. Customer service is always helpful as well with any questions I have. Definitely join Ebates!

6/10/14

Ebates has made saving money a safe and easy experience for years. They are always at the ready to resolve any question promptly and with the utmost of courtesy and professionalism. Thanks Ebates!

6/5/14

Their tell-a-friend is the biggest lie ever. I have been referred the site to people over a year. I have 6 referral. 2 of them are in the recent tell-a-friend promotion period. Today all of my referral cash back is gone. But what is more upset? my friends' accounts are closed! So are their cashback, sign-up bonus. Also one friend reported that if you book your airline ticket on expedia through ebates there will be a $7 booking fee adding on top of your bill. Ebates will share $1.25 back with you of course!!!! Stay away! they start to become SCAM!!!

5/28/14

As many others have mentioned, you really have to be on top of things to make sure you are getting the cash back for each purchase. I've been using them for about a year and have made at least 20 online purchases through their site during that time. Without exaggeration, I would estimate that only half of those purchases actually earned me cash back. When I make a "Where's my cash" claim, the usual response is along the lines of "we don't have a tracking ticket proving you used the link on our site to shop at the retailer". I could understand that happening once or twice in the beginning, but after that I've made it a point to be sure I followed their instructions meticulously. And yet, just last week I made a $400 purchase at Sears online and I apparently didn't use the Ebates link to get to the Sears site for my purchase. The response to my claim was the typical excuse. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), that was the last straw. The aggravation of the entire process isn't worth the average 3% discount.

Also, before the Ebates rep makes the reply of "I'd like to gather more information and help you.", I'd like to respectfully decline. It isn't my job to repeatedly hunt down order numbers, purchase dates, and shopping trip tracking numbers on purchases made 7+ days ago. If Ebates had a functional system in place and/or were a sincerely honest organization, they would be doing things right the first time and not asking their consumers to double as online shopping detectives.

5/15/14

As a broke college student I'm always down to save money or get money back. Tried this site and I LOVE IT! I get what I need and I get some money back.

5/14/14

I have generally had a good experience with Ebates.com, but today was my first major disappointment. I tried numerous times to go to a store through their site, but doing so prevented me from placing the order (I kept getting thrown into a checkout loop and then it would empty my cart). I tried using different computers and got the same results. I contacted the store's help center and they told me to try different ISP's, which I did. This still didn't work. They told me that it might be an issue with Ebates, so I finally went directly to the site and was able to place the order. I contacted Ebates to let them know that I did have several tracking tickets for store today, but that I was not able to place the order when using their website. I sent them the correspondence from the store's help center and the receipt of the purchase and they will not honor the purchase. Seems a little unfair that I did what I was supposed to do, but was penalized for their site not working.

5/2/14

I am not a happy camper! I did not receive Seeing of a4 or anything else regarding a $10 gift God. I was under the impression that I would receive a $10 gift card when I joined which is only a week or so ago. I have not received any $10 gift card you ever heard anything about it in my emails from them It appears that I have money in my account but nothing regarding gift card and I would have snapped up an Amazon card Immediately.

4/24/14

Linked a few of my family members accounts to one account because they havent been using the account for a while and ebates have the nerve to make your balance negative. I usually get $10-20 per quarter with them but after combining the account they brought the account to a negative balance...

There are fine prints on the FAQ that say the account CANNOT go negative. Becareful of their deceptive ways to get their money back.

UPDATE: (from 1star -> 4star)
Was contacted and they fixed the negative balance. I guess it was not hard find because my account was probably the only negative balance for a "cashback" website!!

4/21/14

I use eBates quite frequently and have had only 1 problem, and it turned out to be my fault for not going thru their site, even tho I thought I had. Because I had previously checked the site I purchased from thru eBates, I had a tracking # and they credited me the cash anyway. I've been quite happy and to date have received close to $400 in rebates I would not otherwise have had.

4/16/14

Even if you get a check, which I did, be sure to cash in within 3 months because it expires. A check can not legally expire, so it was cancelled by ebates. I was not careful about that and cost me more than the check itself to reverse a cancelled check....

4/11/14

I signed up for eBates, and later shopped at Amazon.com. I waited for my cash back and nothing came. I investigated and found that my free gift card for signing up had expired - which, I was unaware that it expired, but couldn't find out why I got no cash back for my purchase. So I emailed Ebates and said I had not received cash back and didn't think I would be using Ebates anymore and I asked how to close my account. To me, it doesn't work - they don't send money! They emailed back and said they were transferring my question to someone else. The next day I get an email saying they had closed my account and would be sure to not email me again. No explanation as to why I never got cash back and no offer to reissue the gift card in order to keep me as a customer. No effort at all to keep me, and I shop a great deal online.

3/22/14

Placed a trip thru ebates.com and after multiple requests for my cash back still nothing.
They stated that it may take 40 days after the trip. That has since passed and still nothing. Even requesting after the 40 days.
I used to really like this site and don't think that I will be using it anymore.

Seems like this is false advertising to me. Stay away or just don't plan on getting anything from using it their site.

UPDATE!!!!
Thank You ebates for following through with this. 2 thumbs up for you!!

3/1/14

Ebates used to be OK. Recently, I've had to scour, copy and paste orders and invoices to handle Ebates appeals for 'trips' I shopped and did not get the rebate. I think it's getting close to deceptive advertising -- the %rebate is clear, you click and shop. Later, you find out the store has made a deal with Ebates and come up with various and shifty rules and regulations to NOT fulfill the Ebate per cent clearly promoted. STOP THIS, Ebates -- keep it plain, simple and scam-free!! As Members, we are providing personal shopping data which profits Ebates -- PAY US our proper ebates with no hidden/fine print disrespect and disloyalty to members!!!

2/25/14

My first ever purchase with thru this company and they were off by a few dollars which I had to correct with several emails (they don't have a phone number.) then after waiting 2 months to get a $50 credit they automatically switched it to the next period pay cycle (e.g. I will have to wait another 3 months) without explanation. Probably hoping I wouldn't notice. Very disconcerting as the basis of my purchase was the giant 20% cash-back from ebates. Will see if and when I actually get my pending cash-back. As of yet no response from my email. I suggest you view ebates like mail in rebates, unreliable.

2/22/14

I have had an overall good experience with ebates but it does seem to require a lot of extra "work" on my part. Often times purchases do not post and I have to manually enter the purchase info. After doing this, the money is almost always posted immediately but it does make me have to keep track of my purchases.

I did have one problem which was that I did not receive a check when I was expecting it. I contacted the site and they wanted me to wait 30 days which seemed pretty long. When the check still didn't come I was told it would be combined with the next check...in 3 more months. This was disappointing but it did come next with the next payment so it was just delayed.

The only other problem I've encountered was actually an issue my mother ran into. She made a large purchase from Meijer.com and the cash Bach never appeared. When contacting coy stoner service she was told the purchase wasn't eligible for cash back because she had used another coupon (which she hadn't) or clicked off the site (which she didn't). It seems that very large purchases are not awarded the promised cash back.

Overall I really like the site and I think I have encountered some great deals...but beware of large purchases and make sure you keep good records of your purchases!

2/18/14

I always try to shop through this link. I have never had a problem getting my rebates. This is free to me so I can only benefit. Since I joined I've gotten over $1200. back in money that I never would've gotten if I hadn't used their link. If I didn't get a rebate then I forgot to go through the link which is my fault. I always check their site to see if a store I am looking for is on there. If I have my choice of 2 or 3 stores to buy from I use the one listed on ebates so I can get something back at least and they have coupons / codes for free shipping that the stores don't normally share with you. Good deal for me all the way around.

2/16/14

I have never had one tiny problem with Ebates, except that the referral program doesn't seem to work, but I have received every penny they promise. It is easy to forget to go through their link but when that happens it is my fault, not theirs.
As a matter of fact, I misplaced a check once and found it about a year later, and before I had a chance to call them to replace it, they emailed ME and re-issued it! Never had customer service like that before!

2/13/14

Using this site requires CONSTANT auditing. For years I suspected my BIG FAT CHECKS were leaner than they should have been, but never had the time to monitor whether Ebates was cheating me out of rebates. Finally, this past Christmas season I made numerous big ticket purchases including a MacAir and Elite Cycle Trainer and some Italian leather carryons from EBags. Well the BIG FAT CHECK for that period just came in at around $20!!! So, I finally made a point of auditing these and other purchases I had made through Ebates and, sure enough, most of my purchases were not posted. I have started the process of making requests for each of the missing purchases and Ebates so far immediately credited two of them, requesting further info on the others. While I expect Ebates will ultimately credit all my rebates I now know I've lost hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in earned rebates using this company. I would be surprised if an investigation of this company did not reveal unfair and deceptive trade practices.

2/3/14

Company is SHADY AS HELL. Sometimes they pay u cash back sometimes they dont.. No reason as to why they didnt pay... AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They reply... 4 Me To Contact Them... UMMM.. No... YOU GOT CREDIT FOR MY SALE N I GOT NOTHING

2/3/14

WHAT THE HELL??? The endite month of Decmber i have been promoting this site to my friends and coworkers to get cash back... I got three qualified referrals for the tell- a friend promo thingy.. January i got my 40.00 bonus on my account for only two.. the entireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee month of January showed 55.00 pending for payment due February 15th.. This morning im seeinng 10.00 in omy ebates accoutn for my CASH back onlyyy... They removed one of my referrals and placed her under .. JUST SIGNED UP SECTION... If i dont see my cash back payment on Feb 15th.. i am totally writing a negative blog post about this website.. BE FAIR and stop your false adversiting..

2/2/14

I made a bunch of purchases and told my whole family and because we all have the same home address our accounts were made innactive! DONT TRUST THIS SITE! THEY DID'NT PAY ANYTHING AND THEY DID THIS 2 WEEKS BEFORE PAY DATE FOR 3 MONTHS THEY LET ME SPEND MORE THAN $3,000 DLLS. THEY GET PAID BUT DO THIS AT THE LAST MINUTE SO THEY DONT HAVE TO PAY YOU!

2/1/14

Like many others who have posted here, I bought a near $700 appliance through ebate. I've posted two "where's my Cash Back" claims, have yet to even get a response, let alone my cash back. Ironically, they sent me a "how was your experience survey" after the first "where's my Cash Back" claim, but they didn't respond to the comments on that either. As an experiment, I used ebate to place a small office supply order. The didn't come through either, but they automatically credited the ebate when I placed the "where's my Cash Back" claim. At best, the site has some horrible functionality problems. At worst, they are cynically trying to avoid paying out on orders they have received commission on.

2/1/14

A few times I had to bring a transaction to their attention but so far I have received every penny I had coming to me!

1/31/14

I made 3 big purchases off a certain site that was listed as 2% and 4% on Double Mondays. Anyway after sending them over 3 different wheres my money cases, 2 different times, ebates tells me that they aren't able to give me anything because they didn't receive any commission. They also recently took the store off their site. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? They gave me a $20 gift as a "valued customer" but need to make another purchase off ebates to get it. I should've gotten over $150+ in cash back but ended up with $20 over almost 2 months later.

1/14/14

I have been using Ebates for several years now. I keep an Excel spreadsheet of my all purchases made through Ebates. A few weeks before the date of my "Big Fat Check" arriving, I check my spreadsheet against my "cash pending" account. There are always orders that did not post to my account. I did a lot of online Christmas shopping between Oct-Dec 2013 and as I checked my spreadsheet against my Ebates account, there are 12 of my orders that did not post. My largest order, which was for a $500.00 lawn mower from Home Depot, did not post in October. I filled out the "Where's My Cash Back" form, along with my order confirmation. An Ebates customer service rep emailed me and told me she posted the $24.95 “cash back” to my account. I checked and the money was there. However, when I checked a few weeks later, the “cash back” post for $24.95 had been removed. I never returned the lawn mower so it is a valid order. I agree with the others who say that it is a lot of work to use Ebates. Every three months I have to fill out numerous "Where's My Cash Back" forms along with my order confirmations. I have always had to do this ever since I started using Ebates and until the present time! If I did not keep track of my purchases, Ebates would be cheating me out of a lot of money! I highly recommend that anyone who uses Ebates, keep track of all their purchases too!

1/13/14

This really has saved me money!! I saved 20 dollars on a cell phone at Radio Shack and $25 on a package of the very pricey ProActiv solution..This site is my new BFF!
Thank you ebates!

1/11/14

I've used Ebates whenever I can remember to check their site first before online shopping. No problems so far and I have received the sign up giftcard and at least 2 checks. One thing to remember is that they usually don't send you a check until you accrue a certain amount. No complaints for a free service!!

12/31/13

I went through ebates to purchase appliances from Home Depot, still haven't gotten my money! They keep telling me they're are looking into it! It's been almost two months now!

12/23/13

I love e-bates... wish I remember to use it more often as it is easy as a simple search and click, then I get discounts on my on line shopping. No hoops to just through, just click, open a ticket, shop, and get a check in the mail every quarter. Great Site

12/19/13

I have been a member of ebates for about 6 months now
I have received a check as promised. If you are going to shop
Why not get paid for it? Actually it’s a rebate but so what its money
In your pocket not the merchants. Love this site!!!Get a check at the
End of each quarter how can you complain about that.

12/17/13

I started using Ebates last November in 2012. I switch from Big Crumbs. Every seemed great and the "Big Fat Check" was being issue with no problems. Now I have being waiting for the check since November. Several email to the customer service and getting nothing from them. They are only dragging their feet and asking me to wait 30 days after the check was issue. It has pass the 30 days I emailed them and still not even getting any response. It may be time to return to BigCrums

12/11/13

These people know how to lure and trick people into buying via their link. Cheap and petty is what i'd rate them as. I shopped via ebates and qualified for $10 joining bonus gift card from target.. I saw that on the site however after 2-3 days it doesn't show up in my account where it originally was showing and I never recieve it. I email them like 10 times to see what is it? all get from them each time is "Thank you for contacting Customer Care at Ebates. We have received your message and a Customer Care Associate will respond to your question as soon as possible." No other replies ever.
So cheap and so fake- I'd say STAY AWAY!!

12/9/13

They issued me a BIG Fat BAD check in November. Bank said the check was printed without any routing or account numbers. I contacted them, and received a reply stating that they printed many checks like that in error and that they would issue a new one on 12/9/13. I emailed them today inquiring about the status, and they said wait another 30 days. S/thing is wrong. My check should have been a VERY BIG one. I am contacting the merchants today via letters explaining that Ebates is not honoring its promises to the stores consumers.

11/29/13

I'm a bit confused about this. I just signed up and don't understand how I can get ebates if I physically go out and shop in a store! How does the store get the info to ebates? Or is this all just for online shopping? Help, please!

11/28/13