US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

tammyh11

Their customer service is pretty good, the wait time is decent but once they're on the phone with you, you're golden. (in 18 reviews)

mikeh18

My order was promptly shipped, and I am delighted with them. (in 57 reviews)

nikolr

In 1-7 days, your cash back will be added to your Extrabux account. (in 1 review)

▼ Sort by: recent

Legitimate

Drugstore.com has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

douga10
3/31/15

Excellent

rubyej
3/30/15

While they don't have everything I'd like them to have, they do have a heck of a lot more then my local drugstore. The order comes very quickly in spite of my using free shipping (free when over $35). I've had a problem with a couple of items and they immediately sent me a return label and refunded my money right away. On top of this, most of the items are the same price as in the store and some things are even less expensive.

laker
3/28/15

drugstore.com offers free shipping with minimum purchase of $35. So I typically wait until I know I'll need at least the minimum dollar amount of products. I buy from them about once each month. I've always been very happy with their service. The one time I wasn't satisfied with a product, they promptly sent a replacement at no additional cost to me.

jesser28
3/25/15

Drugstore dot com had fair prices, but getting free shipping was a hassle. We were inundated by emails and the only option at the time was stop all emails. That resulted in us losing our points. Other drug store and online retailers just apply the discounts on the spot, or offer them at checkout. I gave them three stars in case they've improved things.

colleend6
3/25/15

I've bought generic Zyrtec a few times from this website; and it has been without complication each time. Shipping was free or nearly free each time, as I remember; and arrived in the mail in a timely manner.

marianc7
3/17/15

They carry lots of all-natural products for humans and dogs. They have natural foods for me and my dog, makeup, snacks, and more. They ship for free, if you order at least $25, and deliver your order on time and right to your door. I've been ordering from drugstore.com for about 4 years now.

onikat
3/10/15

An item in my order spilled, but overall ok. Sometimes packages take a long time to arrive; other times they arrive super fast.

amandac58
3/9/15

I recently ordered many products from this website because they were offering a free gift that I really wanted. After calling them before I placed the order, to make sure I would get it, I can a receipt that shows my free gift on it. I receive my order in two shipments, but never receive the gift. Then I call them to ask what happened, and they tell me they won't be able to give me anymore because it's no longer in stock. The only reason I purchased my products there was to get the free gift. I could've shopped anywhere else. So, to me, this was a total SCAM. Just to get people to buy from them. Well, they lost a customer, and I'm gonna make sure a lot of people know about this.

marilynw8
3/7/15

Drugstore.com has a great selection, free shipping over a certain dollar amount and offers hard to find items. I save my list for ease of ordering. One stop shopping keeps me from driving all over town looking for items on my list. Having everything delivered to my front door makes shopping easy. Been a drugstore.com shopper for years. It's easy and fast.

shirlh
3/6/15

IT is convenient but there is no cost savings. Shipping is only good if your are buying a large quantity

ryanf21
2/24/15

One of the best online companies I have ever used. Prompt service, first and foremost. Wonderful and funny emails sent from order to receipt. I very rarely comment on service but you have surpassed any others.

rickr31
2/21/15

A good site with good service. Prices are not always the best. But they are very reliable.

Rick Rahim

beverlya9
2/20/15

There are no difficulties that this online pharmacy won't bend over backwards for to help you. I especially like their free shipping. Once I got some products damaged by rain, [shipper's fault, UPS] and I got another extra box with 2X the number of products found in the first damaged package. Check them out!

erfanas
2/20/15

excellent service .
once they sent me a wrong item , just after informing them they returned me my money back

nikolr
2/12/15

Drugstore great store, wonderful support. You can also recover some of your money spent for the purchase Drugstore cash back 7% and also you will get 5$ to your account. To do this, follow the link and register online Extrabux. Extrabux makes it easy to earn cash back and find coupons at the stores you love. After you create a free account, simply click to a store from extrabux and make a purchase. In 1-7 days, your cash back will be added to your Extrabux account. Go to link bit.ly/1wGq3vU

paulaj14
1/29/15

Good things that I don't always know to look for. Also, it gives me a good way to shop with my FSA. Love it

roseannz
1/25/15

I have only purchased items from Drugstore.com 2-3 times, but they came brand new and within the delivery time promised.

rachellel4
1/21/15

Loved it, but couldn't find the Quantity I wanted for a baby shower- not their fault- all mine. Great place to buy wholesale prices, good quality.

marieh34
1/14/15

They offer fair and reasonable prices for their products, offer lots of discounts, and if the purchase is over $25, there is no shipping or handling, or taxes. I have used them for more than 15 years and find their services excellent.

simonh58
12/14/14

drugstore.com emailed me its promotion with free shipping for any order over $35, but after my online order was complete, I was charged $5.99 for shipping, even though my order totaled over $35. I emailed to ask for an adjustment but was told that some items in my cart would not qualify for free shipping. Their marketing/promotion was misleading, and even after I pointed this out, they did not take the shipping fee off. This business practice should be condemned.

conniew22
12/8/14

I am happy with Drugstore.com for the most part. I like their honest way for the customer to use their "Drugstore.com dollars". Customers don't need to enter any code nor press an impossibly small button to use their dollars.

jeffn10
11/18/14

I had been ordering once a month the past year and found they were reliable until my last order. Unfortunately my order did not arrive yet the order status says complete. I called and found out that the shipping company and durgstore.com had a breakdown and if I had not called to investigate, I never would have received my order. Interestingly drugstore.com indicated that the shipping company never picked up the order and the shipping company (lasership) indicated to me that they never received the order from drugstore.com. They need to revise the methods of communication with the shipping company. drugstore.com appologized and offered to reship....woo hoo...I had to get excited and ask why i can't get it faster to get overnight shipping or it would have been another week before I received the order.

nen101

"*** Not Reliable ***
Ordered FSA eligible items on 12/27/12, they canceled my order on 1/9/13. When called, apologized and said can not do anything. Because of them lost over $300.

Please stay away or take extra precaution if you are ordering last minute like I did.

andrep4
11/18/14

Everything goes smooth until you have a problem with an order. That's when you realize how incompetent their customer service really is. They have no idea what they are doing and make promises they don't keep. I was shocked at their incompetence.

jamesm35
11/6/14

While we did receive our order for cosmetics in good time, drugstore.com has since flooded my email address with SPAM. We never 'subscribed' to their many email lists. After three attempts to get our email address removed, each time they stated they have removed us but it would 'take up to 10 days' to take effect. What they did was submit our email address to SPAMMERS, we continue to get 25-50 SPAM emails a day after doing business with these clowns. NEVER again.
It has rendered our email account unusable.

tammyh11
10/21/14

My husband and I would periodically order our vitamins, emergency supplies (i'm extremely clumsy and so bandaids and antibiotic ointments are a must and often to be refilled) and skin care on drugstore.com. It's relatively fast shipping and it saved us a trip to our near by drug store. And the great thing about them is that you can find extra coupon savings by simply doing a quick search online and they always have some kind of promotion going on at all times... great savings and convenient.
Their customer service is pretty good, the wait time is decent but once they're on the phone with you, you're golden. There was a single time (out of all the times we've ordered from them) that they missed 1 item from our order and they immediately shipped it out the next day after I called to informed them with no hassle.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you google for extra savings because they normally do have extra promotional codes out there that aren't difficult to search for and it'll save you extra on top of their current site promotion.

glennt11
10/8/14

I ordered suntan spray and all the bottles came without the caps shrink wrapped like they are at the store and like the last two times I ordered from drugstore.com. Called customer service and she told me to call the manufacture because "she doesn't have the time to do that". Last purchase from them. Stay away if this is how they handle a possible tampering issue

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware no resolution when there is an issue,

donnas46
10/5/14

BUYER BEWARE. This company has the most unprofessional employees ever. I called tonight because they had placed my order with a very unreliable deliver service Laser Ship -=- the person I spoke with Kimber she said her name was was rude, unprofessional and refused to cancel my order -- so she has this job why????? She further told me there were no supervisors on (yeah right) and that there was nothing she would do. That is right, she refused to do anything. They have lost me as a customer and if you are smart, go elsewhere -- with all the people out of work and this lazy, unprofessional Kimber has a job -- the only thing I can see that she accomplished besides not doing her job is alienating a customer.

Tip for consumers: Buyer Beware -- this company has poor service and lazy unprofessional people who refuse to work with you and will hang up on you if you ask them to cancel your order.

carrolls13
9/30/14

I am very DISGUSTED with this company. They advertised the EXACT product that I wanted directly from their website as a woman's fragrance. I received the product and it was clearly the MENS product listed under the woman's fragrance tag. Bad enough as I REALLY wanted the correct product but then they tried to say it was the VENDOR'S mistake...I checked again and it was still on the site listed as a woman's fragrance 1.5 weeks later. I copied the EXACT listing from their website and sent AGAIN ...they still tried to blame someone else. THE WORST OF IT WAS THAT IF THEY SEND YOU THE WRONG PRODUCT >>>>YOU have to pay the shipping cost and they will then graciously give you a STORE CREDIT for the amount spent !!! REALLY !!! like I want to spend more $$ with them in any way ???

Tip for consumers: THE WORST OF IT WAS THAT IF THEY SEND YOU THE WRONG PRODUCT >>>>YOU have to pay the shipping cost and they will then graciously give you a STORE CREDIT for the amount spent !!!

kathirent
9/16/14

drugstore.com hopes it has the right Rx for e-commerce success. I have more beauty product in that company.It also sells high-end cosmetics and skin care items through its Beauty.com unit. The company markets contact lenses through its Vision Direct subsidiary and customized nutritional supplement programs through its Custom Nutrition Services subsidiary.The product are very quality. Please use that company product in cheap rate.

ivyf8
9/12/14

I love their sales! I visit the site everyday to see if there is anything I need on sale, or even things that I don't need! OMG I need to control myself or I'll be broke!
Anyway I often buy my organic cosmetic products here. I can find any sort of info I need about the product, e.g. consumers' reviews or ingredient list.

erinv4
9/9/14

Horrible experience. Product arrived damaged and useless. Customer service basically non-responsive. Will never use again.

Tip for consumers: Do not use. You are better off getting the item anywhere else.

debo270
8/20/14

I have been shopping with drugstore.com for many years and I thought they were great. I had a problem with the last order I placed. Coupons were offered for the items I purchased so I clicked on them and they were added to my basket with the amount deducted. When it was time to checkout, I double checked to make sure all the amounts were correct before I placed the order. The next day I wanted to check on the order, and I found out that the coupons were never applied. I called customer service and they did offer me a refund.

Today I just placed another order that offered coupons for certain items. But this time, before I placed the order, I copied the screen to an email so I could check it against the actual order that was placed. The coupons were never applied and the total of the order was more than what I approved it for. Please BEWARE of this! I wonder how many times this has happened to me in the past.

Tip for consumers: Please check the amount of your order before you place it and then again after it is placed if you use coupons. It may be more than you expect.

millieb3
8/17/14

I've ordered from drugstore.com for years and have always been happy. Their email reminders are helpful so that I can remember what I ordered and order it again.

Tip for consumers: If your order is over the minimum for free shipping, you can split it up and possibly get a coupon for your 'next' order, but place it right away. There are always good discount coupons.

steves107
7/9/14

I have a lifetime membership with Team National and since Drugstore.com is one of their affiliates, I get a percentage back on everything I purchase from them. I have used them regularly now for several years for many of my household and personal use needs. I like the previous purchased history they provide that allows me to select items that I buy regularly without searching for them again. They also offer additional discounts and coupons on many items that makes this site a no-brainer for me. Although there are some instances where I pay slightly more for some items, I consider myself still ahead since I can shop, place my order and receive it without ever leaving my home.
With all they have to offer, I have found their site pretty easy to navigate and searches are accurate and fast.

gregg140
6/29/14

Be sure to read their return policy before ordering - very rigid. Basically, if you open the package you own it. They do not stand by their products whatsoever! Purchased dual Febreze NOTICEables in the Gain Scent that give both my wife and myself headaches. No options to return or receive another scent.

zoec8
6/8/14

I ordered jelly beans with 2 day shipping on a Friday. So I was aware they were suppose to show up on Monday. But, they came Tuesday. Which I didn't mind, the only thing that bothered me is the packaging that seemed to be carelessly thrown together.

marcim5
6/4/14

I've ordered from drugstore.com three times. The first time, it took forever for my order to arrive so I decided not to order from them again. A year or so later, I was looking for an item I can't find in the store anymore, and they popped up, so I gave them another try. I got that order in a day and half. I was impressed that a week later, I placed another order with them. It's two weeks now and that order has yet to arrive. The savings just aren't worth the wondering if you'll actually receive your items and having to follow-up all the time.

cindyk10
5/28/14

You better not have a problem... customer service is lacking. I called with an order issue. I basically was told that I was confused and entered my order wrong. The most important rule I've learning in my 20 years of customer service is 'the customer is always right, even when wrong'. The rep i spoke to was rude, impatient, unwilling to help or even really look into my issue, and certainly not wanting to keep my business. I have a $50 weekly order. Given that he really didn't care about my issue, I asked to speak with his supervisor. He left me on hold for for an extremely long time, then came back laughing off that a manager was not available. I then asked to speak with another representative, at which he answered - quote - "you will just have to call back then." After he hung up on me, I did follow his instruction and called back.I spoke to a new rep who was so great and helpful. She was able to resolve my issue so quickly and to my satisfaction. It's amazing how much better an issue can be with simple kindness. Honestly, if it was not for her I would not be returning for more orders and drugstore.com would have lost a customer (and my friends!). They really need to focus on customer service. From other reviews, I see this is a trend.

amyh39
4/24/14

I love drugstore.com, I love the promos they offer, the low prices, and the cash back deal they offer that can be put towards upcoming orders. I saved over half of what I was spending on my last order. They have unique items that I sometimes can't find other places.

gaylec3
4/18/14

My order took forever to arrive. After opening one of the jars of gummy vitamins, my daughter noticed there was a big blob of melted gummies on the bottom. Yuck. How on earth could anywhere be hot enough to melt these things and especially coming from New Jersey? Knowing from the past that they don't accept returns on opened products I'm out the $ for it. Even if it hadn't been opened why would I want to pay postage and a restocking fee? Won't be using them again.

zok
4/1/14

Will never order again. They use sub-par shipping companies that either don't deliver or when they finally deliver (when you are one of the lucky ones to get your order) it's to the wrong address. Customer service is awful. Poor communication and just plain rude. And if you need a refund you are going to spend days trying to get it. AVOID THIS SITE!!!! This is from someone that ordered regularly from this site.

shannak1
3/16/14

Tons of great buys, extremely fast shipping and shipping is FREE if you order $35 or more. I have used this site over and over again and every time am satisfied. Prices almost 100% of the time beat that of the local stores in my area. Just ordered this past week and had my order in 2 days.

julieq
3/13/14

I ordered a book from Amazon. Somehow this website got my name and address and sent me a package that was delivered to me one day before my book arrived. I thought it was my book, but the box was too big. I should have looked at the return address to see if it was Amazon, but I didn't and opened it. It was 6 rolls of toilet paper with an invoice and ORDER number and they said they charged the cost to my "card". I was mad. I sent them an email. They apologized and sent me a link for a prepaid return postage. The link says if you opened the box the item cannot be returned. Then they go on to talk about all kinds of charges and fees and restocking fees if I return the item. I have decided to do nothing. They do not have my credit card number and reading the pages and pages of their return policy it looks like if you do return the item you will be charged additional fees.

amg1
3/13/14

Good site with fast shipping. You can save quite a bit of money using their coupons and periodic rebates. The site has a few issues. Sometimes you have to pay really close attention to an item's fine print in order to click or checkmark a tiny box in order to get a discount for buying more than one of something. When you review your order before placing it, make sure all of your coupon codes, rebates, and special offers were applied. If they weren't, you can call customer service and they can fix it with you on the line. I shop at Drugstore.com comparing it side-by-side with CVS.com, and place orders with both for the items that they won by beating their competition.

stevep58
2/24/14

I had a couple of deployments in Iraq & Afghanistan, and these guys were a real blessing. I found good deals on many items that were hard for me to find otherwise, and shipping is fast & free on most orders. Many online retailers will not ship to military APO/FPO's overseas, but these guys do. Even back home. drugstore.com is a convenient way to get many things at a good price.

jn18
1/28/14

Ordered 3 of same item. Site never said it was backordered. After almost 2 months finally shipped. 1 item was damaged due to insufficient packaging. Another item was not even what we ordered. Waste of money. Will never order from them again.

If I could give negative rating I would.

kterm
1/28/14

If you pay with paypal, you cannot cancel even a minute after, even if the cancel link is active. So you go through the process of returning the item and then you have to carefully follow your refund, as it may never come unless you check on it and call them again! I once had to call at least twice to get my refund.

A more recent experience was when I called customer service because there was an error in the listed product and I was shipped the wrong product. Unlike a site like Amazon, I always get the feeling that they think you are a crook if you are trying to return a product. (I am from another nation and I don't have a typical American accent, so that may add to their "fears"). The first time I called the rep was so rude it was amazing. He cut the line on me. I called again and got another rep who, after a lengthy interrogation where I had to read all the ingredients in the product I had received, he understands the issue and agrees to send me the correct product. However I don't get a refund for the wrong product, even though I have to wait, and I don't know until when to get the correct product.

I was not new customer and have shopped at the drugstore.com often. I think they can be sleazy about refunds and wonder if all the glowing comments about them on this site are manufactured reviews.

non52
1/24/14

Don't bother. I ordered a TON of stuff, only to have them ship me someone else's order. Mistakes happen, but the customer service was incompetent in their best moments. One week, two calls, and a couple emails, and the best they could do was offer a refund. Avoid this site.

johnl34
1/24/14

They sent me an email for $140 worth of free products in a bag but everywhere that you click, this offer never existed. It was a sneaky way to just get you to the site so I blocked any further emails from them.