US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

nayanns

For the past 2 days me and my husband have been trying to find a husky puppy and a maltese puppy. (in 3 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

alizab3
7/2/15

we were scammed and lost over $1000 and have two vey upset children!!! This website is terrible and only in it for your money! I wouldn't recommend you to even attempt to get a puppy from here. Also the pet airline Movepetsonline.com is a scam! DONT DO IT!

jawaida
6/26/15

Hi we were looking for Male Samoyed pups and sent 200 Dollars as instructed and 2 days later the puppy was supposed to come and a man named Jon Biaca from Baltimore send acknowledged for Mallisa Fllora (Advertizer) after sending money through money gram we updated Mallisa as instructed by her she acknowledged and we waited for the shipment that never came no response from Mallisa or shipping company. shipping company sent an Email with the scheduale of shipment, process of sending money whole to send to and how to send when we were done sending money , some Oriental man instructed over the phone to send a reference number for money sent and we did. This Oriental man had an Austin number 512-6661713 and my phone number was furnished to him by Mallisa this man claimed to be the manager of the shipping company of my region I am in the process with the police about this scam to save other innocent people

Reference add number is. o399066268

- Jawaid Ansari

torym5
4/21/15

Put inquiries out to about 5 owners of Boston Terrier puppies....ALL scams. Every. Single. One. Thank goodness I didn't lose any money. Very disappointed.

judym32
4/12/15

My mom found a puppy on here and went and contacted a woman and ended up sending 500 to have the puppy shipped to her and they then asked for 1200 more for insurance and my mom and her husband said no so the 500 is gone it was a scam. Going to the FBI this week. My mom is so hart broken.

chads13
4/8/15

I was looking to purchase a dog and came across a dog I was interested in, and I texted the number that was provided. I received a reply a few hours later, but the text message asked which breed of dog I was looking for since my text message was just basically asking if they still had puppies available.... The text message also was asking for my email address. I provided my email address and received an email a few minutes later as well as a text telling me he sent an email. The email was several paragraphs long explaining why he couldn't talk on the phone and why he could only do this by email.... Just like the others they gave a sob story of someone dying. The email also had a few questions in regards to the pet and apologizing for all the questions but they are concerned that their pet finding a good home. I recognized this to be scam right away, but answered the question anyway because there was no personal information that was being asked. After answering the questions, I finished the email by saying that his story seemed pretty fishy that I felt like this was a scam and before I go any further I was going to do some background checks. Within about 10 minutes, my email was followed up by a text again saying he sent an email, but his email was pushing the fact of making a transaction asap.... His email had nothing in regards to my questions about this being a scam.

So, today I spent some time looking to see how to block this guy from actually scamming someone but noticed on that sight they do not have that option which makes me believe that this entire site is a scam, but as I continued my research, I found this forum. There might be real breeders on this site but seems to me, you will get scammed before finding that real breeder.

So for those whom still believe this is a good site and still want to try to purchase a dog from this site, here are some helpful hints to stay away from them Worthless Pieces of $H!T...

1. Recognize the grammar... I noticed some of things he said were completely out of content telling me they are not even from the US.

2. Sob Stories of someone dying... My guy had said he was in a minor accident which is elder daughter died in and he had jaw surgery which is why you couldn't talk. Why does some feel they need to tell you this??? If this tragedy really happened, would you tell everyone that’s why they selling the animal??? Reading the rest of the forums on this site they had similar stories.

3. The postings state and Google the area code to see which state the number is from.... The posting had Indiana, his number was from New Jersey, but the address he gave me was in Maryland. Pretty goofy to me.

4. ASAP or seemed pushing.... They do not want to waste time because the more time you think about it you realize it’s a scam, so they try to push it on you.

5. Email Attachments... If you are skeptical do not open an attachment because I will tell you it’s a virus to get your personal information. How do you think the Target scammed work? It was an attachment sent from a guy in Russia, and a contractor that did construction worked at Target received the email, opened the attachment, and the virus found its way to Target. The FBI knows who this guy is but the US cannot touch him because he is in Russia and he is still making millions of dollars of that scam 2 years later.

6. Not knowing what breed you are asking about.... I believe a breeder will only breed one type of breed, so if they need to know the specifics of what breed you are asking then they are not a breeder, or if they are then they do not specialize in any breed.

The Law has too much of these complaints and cannot not do much about it, especially when they are from another country.... We cannot touch them. So, the only way to stop this is for us to stop falling for this stuff and pass this information on.

davidy27
4/5/15

Dogsnow is a total SCAM!!!!!

virginiap3
4/1/15

This site is nothing but a SCAM. Looking for a Great Dane puppy. Contacted seller, sent me a sob story, which I believed. I thought who could make up such a sad story to just to sell dogs. Long story short I am out 300.00 dollars. I have been in touch with MoneyGram, FBI and the local police. These scumbags play on the hearts of people who want to give loving homes to animals. When they try to scam the next person, I hope whatever story they tell them happens to them.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE.

hannahl18
3/9/15

FULL of scam and fraud.
Don't send money through money gram or western union.
If you buyer seems fishy and stories aren't adding up! It's a scam. Sending money to a different country or a different state with a different name than stated on the site. DO NOT DO IT! Mistake

elizabethm73
2/23/15

After looking over Maltese Puppy the one we feel in love with & talking with owner I guess they said they had to move From SC to Utah. Then after talking to the pet shippers we thought puppy had been shipped the after 3 hours they called back needing more money for a ventilation electronic temperature crate and vaccine. Which was up to be $2550. Lesson learned hard way, we let our hearts talk today instead of our minds. If you see 919-917-9053 number its a scam also www.themobilepets.com. Giving it a 1 star which they and this site don't deserve. You can't even file a complaint with dogsnow.com.

michaelk73
10/30/14

DO NOT have anything to do with the person who has this phone number, 1-571-399-5087. They say they live in Jamesport Missouri, but have suddenly been forced to move to Oregon and will have a puppy shipped to you! It's a SCAM! I was forced to give this site one star so I could submit this message, but it's total S**T!

brandyd1
10/11/14

(571) 418-7691 watch out for this phone number, This is a total scam....claiming to be in hampstead NC... It's a total scam... They say they have moved to another state and ask for shipping money for the puppies.. Who would honestly send money without seeing a living thing as innocent as a puppy???

jessicas65
9/25/14

I am a breeder. While searching sites last night, I came across dogsnow.com. While looking through the beagle puppies for sale, I saw SEVERAL of my own puppies listed! These people are SCAMMERS! I have tried contacting dogsnow.com to have them get my puppies off their site but still, NO ONE has even attempted to call or email me back. I believe this whole site is a joke!

annetteo2
9/8/14

I have advertised on this site for several years. Currently I have found forever homes for four out of five pups. I have found that this site is very beneficial for me. It has connected me with out of state buyers when I told them I would not ship. They said they would come to me. I have stayed in contact with many of these families. They email me pictures of their pup (my grand babies) and we have had play dates. I only breed West Highland Terriers. I have the parents and the grand father on site for the buyer to see. My dogs , or the pups are not in cages(kennels). My home in its entirety is welcome to see to any potential parents. There are many scams out there. If you are interested in a new puppy please visit the home and ASK to see the parents! Thank you.

Tip for consumers: Please show the parents on site of the pups you are willing to go to their forever homes. Be open about the new parents coming to visit at anytime to see the pup they purchased.

nayanns
8/11/14

For the past 2 days me and my husband have been trying to find a husky puppy and a maltese puppy. We have probably contacted 12 different people in the "New Jersey" area, well that's what they say. Come to find out a majority of them are out of state and just want to ship us dogs and when we say we are willing to come and pick them up because we want to see the puppies we get the run around. 90% of the people contacted live nowhere near NJ and want money to ship the dog. Don't think so!!!

debbieb33
7/13/14

Went to purchase a Yorkie from someone claiming to be Kristi Kent and this is a scam. She works with others claiming to use the Pets USA Express by using what appears to be a Company letterhead /email address. She works with someone claiming to be Dequann Shamarr Morris to get you to send money via Western Union. SCAM SCAM. DON'T SUCKED IN. She also claims to be a missionarie.

dorothys8
6/8/14

Do not buy a French Bulldog from "Michael" who told me he was Matthew Chuck. He keeps updating the same puppy pictures with new cities and prices. He stole money from me, asks for a RELOAD it card as payment. His phone number is 401-501-3048

lindab73
4/17/14

Total scam! Texts 6 times saying will delete my ad for no reason , just wanted passwords ,etc. not a safe place to advertise our furry ones! They should not have this problem at all, and they provide zero support! Hmmm, I think it is they , who are the scammers!

jamemiizc
10/31/13

postd
10/2/13

I was looking to purchase a Brussels Griffon, found one on dogsnow.com.
I contacted the seller (STEVEN WILLIAMS) and just asked for two things; (1)Send me pictures of the puppy and (2) How much for the puppy..I also let the seller know what city i was located in.. The last part of this email is what had SCAM written all over it. well this is what he said:

Steven Williams
Sep 24 (8 days ago)

to me

Hello,
thanks for the mail regarding my loving Brussels Griffon puppies. They are called Jerry and Cindy and they are both 14 weeks old. They are an adorable sweet heart who love people and great hugs. They are potty trained and friendly with kids and other home pets. They cordially take to orders. They are A K C registered and currently on all shots and vaccines and quarantine certified. They are available to new pet loving and caring homes that is worthy of taking care of them and make them a loving home companion. They portray the following characteristics:
They eat times Daily and have adapted to that.
They take to order like when you ask them to lie down.
They will follow you around the house until you pick them up.
They are playful and loving with kids and will get along well with other home pets .
They respond well to basic training but need a gentle hand.
They will be sensitive to your tone of voice but harsh treatment is unnecessary. And their learning rate is too high.
They love playing with toys. They are home trained to play around the yard.
I`m Reverend Pastor and i have just been appointed as a senior preacher in my new church. The reason why i`m giving out these puppies is because i`m so dedicated to my new job and i can barely reserve time to take care of them and give them the attention that they truly deserve. So i`m looking forward to getting hold to a pet loving and caring home that is ready and able of taking very good care of them or at least one of them. Please i will like to know where about you are located. More so If you are honest to update me with their pictures and information on their well being, Then get back for their pictures and more details. stay blessed and have a nice day. Waiting to read from you soon.
regards.

codyh17
8/11/13

I have been a member for about 3 years. Recently someone falsely accused me of being a fraud and dogsnow froze my account and deleted all my ads without contacting me. So now im out money for the ads i paid for. I have been attempting to contact them for weeks and they have yet to return my support request or any VOICEMAILS i have left them. I have done alot of business through this website, this is very disappointing. You would think they would contact you via phone call to confirm you are who u say you are but the didnt. I would recommend not paying for their ads if this is how they conduct their business.

bradr19
8/5/13

i have used this site now for 2 yrs. and as a seller have had a very successful experience finding good homes for my Goldendoodle pups. A site such as this is needed for breeders like myself to be able to reach out to folks that desire ownership of one of these hard to find breeds. I am not a puppy mill! I am a hobby breeder that enjoys joining my Doodles with their new families! All of my pups from the last litter were sold with contract / deposit through the mail without one person previously viewing them at my home......no complaints and all happy dealings. Good communication and honesty make good business,

danitah1
7/1/13

The IT department is very unhelpful. After multiple requests sent, my issue has not been addressed, and my ad which has been payed is not showing anywhere.

trmm
6/26/13

Recently purchased a maltipoo from cindy Garcia from Jersey village for 500 bucks and the puppy Had parvo and died within 2 days of the purchase. She won't give me back my money. Dont buy from cindy Garcia on dogsnow.com scam artist

stephanieb18
6/8/13

I was searching for Klee Kai puppies at a reasonable price when I stumbled upon an ad for some puppies for sale. There was not a price listed so I sent the poster an email and asked for the price. The email is macjames9@gmail.com, and he responded as if it was quite legitimate. We exchanged a few emails and when he seemed to disregard some of my questions and statements that were rather important I started to do some research. I came upon Rotweiler pups and yorkshire terrier pups for sale by the same guy, but he gave me a sob story about his mom's passing and wanting to get rid of the Klee Kai puppies. He himself doesnt sound like a breeder, just a hurting son. But after a few more emails and even text messages now the number being 5015706972, its absolutely a scam.

bg20
3/9/13

I found a puppy on this site, contacted the seller and was given a story that they had cancer and needed to find a home for the puppy. It was a total SCAM! I believed it. I can't believe someone would use cancer and a puppy to scam money, sad....very sad. Luckily I was leery and only became more leery when the courier service contacted me for payment. All the signs were there 1) price of the animal too good to be true 2) sob story behind price 3) only having to pay the shipment of the animal 3) the courier email having to different names in it and 4) asking WESTERN UNION for payment! FRAUD, FRAUD, FRAUD!

I hope this helps.

colettek1
2/25/13

Best, responsible pet ownership sites are PetFinder.com and AdoptAPet.com endorsed by legitimate and respected animal organizations. Proof isThe Ad Council rolled out TheShelterPetProject.org public service advertising campaign to educate the public on the proper way to find a pet. Check it out.

christinam10
1/2/13

I recently found a posting for siberian husky puppies for sale in Warsaw, MO. I contacted the seller through the website dogsnow.com. I received a reply by email and the seller texted me pictures of the puppies that were available. I picked out a puppy and sent $200 deposit. After all said and done, I have no puppy and the lady PAMELA GALICIA IS A THIEF, AD NUMBER 73463. Of course now she won't return any text messages. After seaching the internet I found she had done the same scam on another person looks like it was found on Craigs List. I will give the site a 3 star only because they are not at fault. However, I think this website should do some spot checks on their sellers. I was lucky enough to find a good person selling husky puppies in Springfield, MO, on another website. I now have a new beautiful baby girl. I HOPE THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE

carlys
5/23/11

A website to help puppy mills sell their dogs. Stay far, far away. Sites like this one are disgusting.

ericks
6/17/10

I actually run and maintain this site so I think it's great. We help people find puppies and dogs.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DogsNow staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I have never purchased a puppy online before and am curious as to how the process normally goes. A main concern is about payment methods such as cash wire transfer, is this a typical form of payment when making such purchases online?
9/11/13
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the DogsNow staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

DogsNow?