US Government's NSF

Coupons.com reviews

16 Reviews for Coupons.com

▼ Sort by: recent

7/27/14

Coupons.com is WORSE THAN TERRIBLE!!!!.If I could give it negative stars, I would. There is absolutely no reason to install their "coupon printing software". I got a virus from it. DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH COUPONS.COM
NOT RECOMMENDED!!!

2/12/14

From a computer scientist:

Any claim that extra software is required to print coupons is absolutely bogus. It uses your own printer software after you install this program! In other words, this program does NOTHING in terms of making valid coupons. Why don't they just have a picture file for you to print? This is because this is not all the program does, despite what the site says.

It's an "exe" that installs an addon to your browser. Why is there this extra step? Why does it need access to Windows installation files to install an addon? This is so they can install more than you realize... They have unmentioned monitoring software embedded into the program.

Yes, you will eventually get the coupon, but you are risking your computer's data safety in doing so.

1/29/14

Like the coupons. Don't like the fact that I have to email them to myself to print them sine it apparently only works with an HP printer and doesn't recognize my Canon. You need to add more stores my local grocery store isn't listed do I can't save to the store card. And why do I have to open it from the app store when I have downloaded it? I click on the link to go to the site and it takes me to the passbook choices and says download now. Lot of work to get coupons. Need to make it a lot more user friendly from phones.

12/18/13

This site is wired up with affiliate links for promo codes for western union and amazon. This site didnt save me any money but made the owner VERY Wealthy have my last 3000$ transaction, i hope they enjoy that 10% commission for claiming to give me a promotion code and only wasting my time and directing me back to western union's site but this time with an affililate link

10/2/13

no search box.most of the coupon sites refer you to coupons.com. next you wade through 20 some pages to find out if they have it. really gets me when they don't have it. i guess they hope you will find other things.

9/6/13

If coupons.com happens to work for you, then great, but if something is wrong, prepare for hours of frustration. I have had nothing but repeated frustration and wasted time every time I try to print coupons using coupons.com software. My first encounter was helping my mom who wanted to print coupons and it was such a hassle. To make matters worse, if there is a problem, it will not let you reprint the coupon. That was on a Windows computer. Recently, on my Mac, I joined a reward site and earned points for coupons. When it came time to print, I had to install coupon.com software. It's been awhile since I tried to use coupon.com software so I thought I would give it a try. It was another huge headache. The coupon printed incorrectly and of course I could not try to fix it because after making changes and trying to get the software to work again, it tells me I have already printed the coupon and can not again. Plus all the points I earned are now gone because I redeemed them. If coupons.com happens to work for you, then great, but if something is wrong, prepare for hours of frustration.

8/10/13

Every time I go on this website there are already coupons to be clipped waiting to be printed. I have gone through and unclipped all the coupons and the others say limit reached. Really???? I could not unclip the ones that said "Limit Reached" guess what, 27 coupons printed for my trash can. Could not use these coupons, did not want these coupons, got them anyways. All to get $1.00 off of Listerine REALLY???? Out of ink, oh by the way you can only print in color!!!! 27 coupons later out of ink! Buy a Sunday newspaper and save the frustration.. Run, don't walk and the site is a joke, it is so not helpful. Very frustrating.... If you have no life and need something frustrating to do this site is for you, go for it and while your at it look for coupons for ink you will need it.

7/4/13

This is amazing. It's so amazing. Because of some 1 star reviews I thought my laptop would get a virus from downloading tha tsoftware. But, I riskedit and downloaded it. I selected 3 different grocery coupons to print out. It actually worked! Since I am a single mother of 4, (ex-husband re-married. now with 2 children.) these coupons from coupons.com saved me a whole lot of money! I saved over $200 since I constantly print coupons out every day! Finally in about 2 months...I ran out of ink. Bummer. But, I asked my BFF, Daisy, to help me print out a coupon for a disocount on printer ink! Awesome website! I recommend this to you!

6/8/13

Some of the people here are blaming the coupons.com software for their computer trouble. The only reason they're doing that is because they have absolutely no idea how computers and internet work. Coupons.com does not infect your computer with a virus. If you didn't download the Coupons.com software from Coupons.com but from somewhere else instead, then you have no one to blame but yourself. Maybe next time you should pay attention to what's happening on your computer when you're installing things. Maybe learn a little bit about how stuff works first...like learning what all the things in your car do before you drive it.

With that being said, I don't like the Coupons.com software because it prints a large advertisement along with the coupon, wasting ink/toner -- which in no way saves anyone any money.

Uninstalled the software due to wasting my money.

5/17/13

My wife downloaded the site for the coupons. then decided she didn't want it,because of printing problems, Now it comes up first whenever the computer goes to IE. We cannot get rid of it. Tried uninstalling it. No such luck. Still there. Purchased "Max Uninstaller" to clear Coupons. That didn't work either. Can't get Support team at Max Uninstaller to respond either. Still trying to find a way to clear Coupons from system. Say no to Coupons.com and Max Uninstaller

4/5/13

I also got a virus after downloading the software to print the coupons on my computer. It was no coincidence because my mother was visiting and I downloaded it on hers too. She got the same viral problems I did. I feel terrible about my computer and worse about hers.

10/7/12

i love this website! it's such a great concept and i look forward to seeing what the daily deal is everyday.

9/14/12

I am very disappointed with coupons.com because my laptop got hooked up with virus and I cannot get it booted up again anymore. The virus is believed to come from the software that you need to install before you can get the coupons printed out. I just want to cry now!

8/27/11

I also was referred to this site from the V8 juice website. However, I cannot agree with the other reviewers. Coupons.com wanted to install software on my computer in order to print the coupons. Since every other online coupon I have ever found just printed straight from my browser I cannot help but think that there is some other purpose to this software. I admit I have no evidence to support this, but I think that this is tracking software - which is classified as malware. If I am correct, no reputable company would indulge in this behavior.
Edit: on further research I found a computer investigator who had checked into coupons.com and the situation is worse than I thought.

EXPERT
10/24/10

They have a few coupons, but some are more for advertising than actual coupons.

Also, the search is usually not working right. For example, it you want food coupons you can click that but it won't filter out other things. So if there are alot of coupons it takes awhile to browse through them b/c you can only see a few at a time.

EXPERT
5/4/10

Hey Gang~

Talk about PRINTING MONEY with your computer, this site is a gas! After you download a simple coupon printing program (it's required to print bar codes), you can just line up all the savings on this website with your shopping list and kick butt!

I found this site when I was trying to locate the $1 OFF coupon for the new V8 Fusion drink. Hard to believe that it's never been reviewed and that I never knew about it before now. Anyway, it's got a top BBB rating and all the manufacturers coupons are there...everything from cereal and drinks to personal hygiene items, everything! Big savings and very easy to navigate. I think it will identify you by your geographic location (I'm in Florida and the big banner at the bottom was featuring Publix supermarket coupons). So in addition to the manufacturer coupons you may find even more specials at your local supermarket chain (and other stores as well). A great money-saving resource and it's all FREE!

I rate this 5 of 5 $$$$$