US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

clintons1

Everything worked without any hitches, and I was quite pleased with the merchandise and the customer service. (in 39 reviews)

lisas122

Can always find what I'm looking for and you cannot beat their return policy. (in 25 reviews)

kristinn7

If you are buying a printer or things along this nature, this is a great place to get it. (in 21 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

Legitimate

Costco.com has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

michaelp114
5/28/16

Costco would be great if it wasn't for the inconsiderate behavior of the other people shopping there. There's no need to be pushy, Ram carts, block aisles, etc. It's Combat shopping and it's worse than what I've seen at Walmart. I have PTSD from my time in Iraq and this is the only store I have a difficult time with. I can actually go to Walmart and have very little anxiety. Great for when I need to do exposure therapy and that's the only reason I have a membership.

The two times I had a major Panic attack in Costco is when I got rammed by a Cart from behind in the Fruit and Bakery area and when the checkout lines were backed up beyond the snack aisle.

The upside is I've used Costco a few times for prolonged exposure therapy. These days I can go there and have a little bit of manageable anxiety.

I really do wish Costco would encourage it's shoppers to behave a little bit better and not be so pushy. Not everyone has had it easy. If you've never had a series of Panic attacks or experienced a Traumatic event then it's difficult to identify with it. My PTSD stayed dormant for several years until a medical emergency brought back reminders of my time in Iraq.

In case you're wondering, my treatment plan includes ACT, CBT, EFT, EDMR. I rarely take Beta-Blockers and I never take Xanax. PTSD is nonviolent, which the violent part is a stereotype that's made up by the media. Sometimes a person can get violent but that's extremely rare and people with PTSD usually have the Flee mechanism kick in before they fight. With the fight part there has to be a real, actual threat.

My point is I just want people to be considerate of other people because you have no idea who they are or what they've been through. There is no need to hurry because it's not that damned important. Regardless of what a person looks like, we all feel. PTSD isn't a picnic but at least I don't have an illness that prevents me from going shopping. However, PTSD has been known to make a person housebound.

Costco has a huge upside though. A few years back I bought myself a coffee maker and 8 months down the road it quit working. I took it back to Costco, without a receipt, and they refunded my purchase by looking up my past purchases. Buying tires there is almost a no brainier and so is purchasing electronics because they back up what they sell.

goenkap
5/26/16

Good Communication

susang100
5/26/16

Cosco is pretty cool. Lunch is cheap or you can just eat the samples!

heatherr52
5/24/16

One of my fav stores

ja24917
5/24/16

I like shopping in costco because they carry a lot of the food i buy and their prices are very low. What i also like is that tvey pack your cart.

garyr64
5/22/16

I have been shopping at Costco since the 90's. The reason, good selection, good prices, and excellent customer service. If you have yet to shop Costco, you are missing a treat. The only thing that a new Costco shopper might feel weird about is no shopping bags to bag your purchases. That's not a problem for me however since I can back up to my door and unload. They do have card board boxes from stocking for those that want something to carry groceries or other items but I hate having to break them down at home and putting them in my garbage. They have a liberal return policy. I am not a big returner of things I purchase but I did return a TV and a few other things and there was not a problem at all that I experienced with the returns. Same with a few produce items such as a water melon that was way past ripe and therefore uneatable. I just told them about it and they refunded me without bringing it in which would have been a major pain. They accepted the TV I returned without boxing. I did not like some of the TV's features and returned it about a month later and got a different TV from them. Their extended warranties through Fair Trade are excellent and I have had to use that once for a cell phone and - again - no problems. Given the return requirements of some other stores, I am very favorable impressed with Costco's.

wendyj26
5/22/16

You can always get a good price on electronics at Costco, but the selection is very limited.

sharih6
5/18/16

Excellent bulk prices with quality choices.

lawrenceh52
5/18/16

They just don't always have what I need.

anaisg
5/16/16

costco is great i recommend everyone to shop here

jimmyr29

I can't get enough of their yummy New York Strips
Super good ! I go sometimes just for the steaks.

pamelam55
5/16/16

Always have new items, some really tasty food products and many items you don't see elsewhere. The staff is always very pleasant and helpful.

jacobr42
5/13/16

Good place

ie47
5/13/16

Biggest complaint is that families seem to treat Sunday's as a family outing, bring the kids, bring gramma with her wheelchair, and grandpa with his cane. What? Is this feed the fam free day? Business owners have limited time to "shop" and the lines are insane on Sunday. I think they should have an 18 and over policy and a restriction on how many can come through on one card.

dixiep1

Great place to shop!

jerryt38

COSTCO IS MY LIFESAVER LOVE YOUT OO

tatiannaa
5/12/16

Awesome store. With a very friendly and helpful staff.

carolg20
5/9/16

Pretty good prices...but i dread going there due to the long lines!

milesr13
5/9/16

We are a regular buyer at Costco for certain items and are the best comparable price....We buy are paper products. Their meat is excellent and great to buy in quantity for those big bashes. Easy in and out...better not to go on prime times if you are in a hurry or thought check out is fast.

hetalp2

lovely store!

adelitav
5/5/16

Who doesn't like free samples?! But the lines are ridiculous! The hours are worse.

helgah1
5/4/16

Super good prices, best customer service- love Costco

terriev
5/3/16

They have great deals, good deals and deals you can get anywhere. They do offer many areas of opportunities and do communicate with their feedback by trying to give the customer what they want. They aren't any better than Sam's club or other discount wholesalers and certainly no worse.

hoogenraadm
5/3/16

Always satisfied! Excellent! Excellent! Excellent!

janicea19
5/2/16

This store is great! I just wish they sold more stuff like Sam's after all they are compatible.

joelb55
5/2/16

I have always had great luck ordering online from Costco. Once I got the wrong color for an item that I knew was shipping direct from the manufacturer. I called Costco and they took care of everything. The difference between a good retailer and a great one how well they handle problems.

gingere2
5/1/16

I love going to Costco when I can. I love their samples, family-size bigger products, shop for the whole family there. Try them out

rachelc73
4/28/16

I can always count on Costco to be the same, I have never had a bad experience in this store and have always been greeted with awesome customer service!

bradb56
4/28/16

I'm skeptical of any "warehouse club" that charges a fee t shop at their store. You have to carefully calculate the amount charged to join vs. the savings you're getting to make it worth the time & effort to shop there.

michaels431
4/27/16

I remember the first time my Wife and I visited the new Costco that had just opened in Anchorage, Alaska - many, many years ago now. We were amazed at the number of products, shelves of tools, stacks of new books, and tons and tons of food and supplies available for our choosing - all at a price way below what other stores in the area sold them for - or even had available at the time. Now, that Costco is visited at least once a month by my wife or myself - sometimes once a week. And while there, I always see at least one or two huge orders being processed for an Otter Aircraft Flight leaving that night or the next morning; a massive amount of goods piled high on several carts, being maneuvered through a check-out station - destined to fill a "Fly-In Only" Bush Community's shopping list. The town's "Designated Shopper" or local Supply Store had phoned in an order. Or a town representative had flown in to obtain what the Village required for the next month or two. Costco, over time, has become an Institution in Alaska - the one stop Warehouse Shop - designed for the local Family, Home Owner, or a remote Bush Community, to obtain what ever is needed at that moment, or for the next quarter.

ananyag
4/27/16

Another antiquated business that needs you to create yet another marginal internet account instead of using top-level single sign on SSO providers e.g. Google, Facebook

raynes3
4/26/16

Awesome place to buy literally anything.

hunterc8
4/26/16

I like coming to Costco, you can find quite literally anything here and in bulk.

ericab31

Recommended !!!

amerf
4/21/16

Everything original and for best price

tamil16

no place like Costco

deed87
4/21/16

Love grocery shopping - gourmet olive oil, meat balls without chemicals, etc.

billd63
4/21/16

If you make a large purchase online with this service. Be careful. They put a hold for the Full amount. Then, a couple days later they charge the Full amount... So, if you are on a budget. And... You are making a $650 purchase online. Expect to be temporarily out $1300... Until they fix everything your bank gives back the money CostCo placed a hold on. And, expect them to say it's no big deal. Because, everyone has that kind of money to spare...

rodrigod5
4/20/16

I'm always satisfied with the products and services provided by Costco. You get high quality items at a low price, generous return policy and you can't find almonds at a better price than at this store :D

stevens138
4/19/16

Costco - this says it all, total customer service.

brendab72
4/18/16

Well there is not enough to say about Costco, quality, price and customer service. And themes important of all they will exchange whatever you have bought even it the reason is that you did not like it.

teresas25
4/18/16

Like the inventory, and the price.

patt567
4/17/16

Many orders placed and received without incident, and good customer care.
One exception: I ordered a 53" flat screen TV that did not come. I followed up to learn that it was on a loading dock in NY (I live in the SF Bay Area, and the shipment came from the San Diego area, so this made no sense). When the TV finally arrived, it was a far more expensive model, and it was clearly addressed to a person in New York! Ultimately, I got what I had ordered and the poor customer in NY, hopefully, got his!

nedw6
4/16/16

Costco has good products and reasonable prices, and they are decent to their workers, by most accounts. They are also responsive when you email them with a question.

rodrigor7
4/13/16

My favorite for my bulk purchasing needs.

marikad1
4/13/16

good

bartm27
4/12/16

Fantastic place for bulk purchases

juua
4/12/16

Cakes are brilliant.. Staff is super friendly Defo worth checking it out

ellieg12
4/11/16

I love Costco! They have everything you could ever need in there or online. I've saved so much money buying everyday items to bigger ticket items. Even if you don't need to grocery shop for a big family, the membership is still worth it even for just a one person household.

miam30
4/10/16

I don't understand how anyone could not love this store. I live in Tempe, AZ at the moment, but no matter what city I'm in I make sure they have a Coscto nearby, like that is literally a requirement on my checklist. I will pick Costco over Whole Foods, Sam's, Safeway. Albertson's, Target, etc, any day of the week, that's how much I love it. Not only is their selection superb, but their customer service is on point. Whether you're vegan, vegetarian, strictly gourmet, or you just like good food at good prices in bulk, this place offers one of the best selections you could ask for. I think a lot of people are indoctrinated with this understanding that Walmart has a great selection and we should tolerate their 2-lanes open with 500 customer's deal because, well, they're WALMART, but man that simply isn't the case. If you're not used to shopping warehouse bulk, then trust me you're missing out. Do not let the value in paying $20 for a 30 pack of something that runs $9.99 for a single pack at regular grocery stores run over your head. If you want deals on shopping, I always recommend buying snacks, some fruits, meats, pastas, breads, gourmet foods, skin care, etc from Coscto; the bulk of your produce from a farmers market, and select bulk meat packets from a butcher. In between, I'll hit up Albertson's for their 10 for $10, Fry's or Safeway (Safeway has discount Friday's) and supplement with well-priced in between type foods which usually completes my routine. If you get hip and play your cards right, this formula can save you hundreds of dollars a year and offer convenience you can't go without. Not to mention Costco has a great monthly coupon book and girl, let me tell you when they have coconut water on sale I AM THERE. I WILL LIVE THERE.

Costco is one of the few store chains out here that is family owned, customer oriented and health conscious all at once. I've been going for years and never had a problem with their customer service and always get exactly what I need. Their stock is always on point, and they offer a very deliciously unique selection for the foodie, wine-o, and family person in all of us. To the few and far between that have had a negative experience, my suggestion to you is just let that sh*t go and keep supporting them where you can because Costco quality is rarity these days.

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Costco staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
11/18/15
Answer
brianl57
A: Sometimes happens that the article is seasonal and doesn't appear again for months. Costco doesn't sell surplus merchandise, everything they sell is first rate. If you have problems with an item call corporate hq. They are extremely happy to help solve problems.
11/20/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
9/16/15
Answer
zeidaj
A: Get in touch with their corporate office. Google the number. I left measles with a CEO and my problem was personally solved immediately. They are not trying to scam customers, it's their warehouse personnel that sometimes screw up.
11/19/15