US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

clintons1

Everything worked without any hitches, and I was quite pleased with the merchandise and the customer service. (in 28 reviews)

lisas122

Can always find what I'm looking for and you cannot beat their return policy. (in 21 reviews)

robertf70

Costco is were we go to get everything will ever need, I mean who doesn't love shopping at Costco. (in 7 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

Legitimate

Costco.com has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

jimj78
2/4/16

Great for bulk buying needs!

richg20
2/3/16

As a loyal Naperville, IL. Costco member, I get SOOOO dang frustrated with the way the store manages it's product inventory. Items are here today....gone tomorrow. And why does this occur? Well, according to store management, decisions NOT to reorder particular items is always a function of low consumer demand. Bull S**T!! Examples are:
1. Campbell's Soup makes a tomato basil soup in a bulk pack. I could tell by the lower inventory during my weekly shopping trip that this was a popular item. Disappeared off the shelf. Reason? Low Demand! BS!
2. Costco stocked large containers (3+ pounds) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese. This sold out fast and never returned. Instead, Costco stocks a jumbo box containing 6 or 8 individual 8 oz. packages. The large contains are much more consumer friendly....where did they go? On the shelf and offered once.... then disappear?
3. Tobacco Hot Sauce. My local Costco does not stock this popular brand but 1 day a full pallet showed up. I stocked up and within 2 weeks the pallet was empty..... On the shelf and offered once.... then disappear?
4. 3-pack Boursin Cheese. This popular product was available all year and the store occasionally ran out of stock but it was quickly replenished......then one day "poof" it disappeared. What's interesting here is that the product was back in stock of the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays.....but now......it's "poof" again. Discontinued due to low consumer demand? Highly unlikely!!

Listen to your customers, Costco!

anthonyr71
2/3/16

This is great for bulk quantities of groceries, at relatively cheap prices.

rochad
2/2/16

I'm usually an in-store Costco shopper, but recently an associate told me to look for a discontinued flavor of one of their products online at the website and behold it was there AND ON ONLINE ONLY SALE! Ships extremely fast to the house, never any issues with packaging, and they even send an email alert when the shipment has arrived at your house. My notification came less than 30min from when the package arrived. Highly recommended.

mingmingc
2/1/16

I must say before I shops I got to the eatery and chow down on them hot dogs n omg them pizzas. Lmbo in I'm only 104 lbs. But I can eat like a whale chasing snoopy. Lol they have good deals sometimes.

royj21
2/1/16

The best choice you can make - go to costco!

kathyk47
2/1/16

Fairly nice products! Wegman's is edging them out with their high quality food products.

loryr1
1/31/16

They have the best selections of candy during valentines day season.

kanjik
1/28/16

Very compatible price with good quality of the product. But each package is too many and cause consumer spend more than ordinary store. If Costco break a small size to purchase more easy and able to frequent to come back.

jamesm382
1/28/16

Costco rocks for the opportunistic shopper! They have great deals and the deals aren't always the same, but that's ok because it's worth so it!

jimc132
1/28/16

I spend more than one Hour waiting to renew my membership , with all my things in my cart to finally go home with no food .

cliffs21
1/27/16

A loyal customer fan here finally getting around to posting a review online. Hope this is the best place. This membership saves me more money than any other preferred shopper list/email/text club there is.

terrys88
1/26/16

Been on customer service line for over 1 hour and 15 mins to no success tryin g to geta dishwasher bought a month ago but now not working properly replced. It is outrageous to call this customer service.

barryj11
1/25/16

We love shopping at Costco, and have done so for several years. We focus on select, quality items not available any where else. You have to do the math and read labels carefully! Especially in the food industry. It seems that prices for certain items have varied a lot in the past few years? Think Kirkland coconut oil ranging from the current price of $19.99 to $27.99 a few months ago! Seems like they are doing a lot of "fishing" with pricing, and now seem just like any other corporate bean counter organization. We now approach Costco with more caution when it comes to pricing and varying contents of products! Their casual clothing seems to be a real bargain, with good quality.There are still many bargains for quality products that you can't get anywhere else. Especially if you purchase large amounts. Are they taking the traditional corporate approach and turning into an upscale Walmart? Hope not.

honord1
1/25/16

Like any other bulk grocery store, Costco has its issues though minor. I've never been disappointed with their food or merchandise. You have to know what you're buying, especially single item vs. bulk.

scottb129
1/25/16

Purchased a steam iron from them, shipping time was great.. good quality product at the cheapest rpice from the market!

peterb137
1/24/16

ok ok ok good

estherm26
1/23/16

love this store so affordable this store meet your needs I love this store affordable customer service is great kudos to this store

jennifers164
1/22/16

Seriously, anything. Great stuff at decent prices but the real win is that you can return anything, after any amount of time, in any condition, with no receipt (exception: some electronics) and they wont even ask you why you want to return it. Personally, I'm honest so I don't abuse their policy but I've heard some stories. When I've had to return anything myself I've had zero issues and it's one of the biggest reasons I shop there.

somasundramr
1/22/16

A great place to shop and above all, good choice of goods and the price structure in commendable.

debras54
1/22/16

I always buy my electronics from Costco. If I have an issue there is never a problem returning the item. The online store is a great way for me to get items when I don't have the two hours to drive to the store. I love a store I can trust and that has the best customer service of any store I have ever been to.

mariae33
1/19/16

Ordered online once from them, great service, fairly prompt in delivery of item which was large....

martinw37
1/17/16

Sometimes they can be really great, sometimes the shipping is a bit slow... but I like them.

kaylaa11
1/14/16

Quick one-stop shop. Great hot dogs, too!

bobz13
1/14/16

I admit, I come out of Costco loaded up with stuff I didn't come to buy, but on balance, my family has saved hundreds of dollars a year, mostly on food, vitamins, cleaning products, and office supplies.

patriciak49
1/14/16

Electronics are priced far lower, here!!!

gerhardr7
1/12/16

Can't beat the warranty.
Best produce possible.
Can't think of a bad thing.

samw99
1/11/16

Love their service..

robertom29
1/11/16

This chain of club retailers is the best of its kind. Their products are top of the line and the stores look neat and clean. The fresh department and the meat department are very clean, open to the view of the public and the staff is very friendly. But they are expensive and keep charging more for memberships.

laraw6
1/10/16

Great customer service

rickw39
1/7/16

you get what they offer, low prices big line ups.

linkam
1/5/16

Love this place! The selection of wines and organic foods and household items at this place not to mention the quality on all their items never ceases to amaze me! I have been their customer for decades now and never even once did I have a bad experience.

cathyb27
1/4/16

We shop at Costco all the time. We buy everything from paper products to fresh meat. We love buying in bulk so we don't have to shop so often. We pay less than half for many items. The savings are terrific and the quality is good. They have the best steaks on the island. Don't know what we'd do without them.

jeanc25
1/4/16

Great Sale and Reasonable Pricing!

sauda5
1/4/16

Almost everything present here which I need

janed132
1/3/16

If you shop in bulk it is great. Good workers and lines move right along.

taray2
12/31/15

Love this source for everything.

danielley2
12/30/15

I love this place because there very friendly and I never had a problem with them.I love getting my coffee for $11.99 for a big can so much cheaper.

jamess344
12/30/15

Great quality, great return policy. That's why I always shop there and bought stock in the company!

tlc4
12/29/15

the lines can be long at times but well worth the effort

howardv
12/29/15

Their products are great and they stand behind everything they sell. They also pay their employees living wages so you see the same smiling people their for years. They are the best for taking things back as well. They are the Anti-Walmart, Anti-Amazon

brendas65
12/29/15

costco has the best prices when it comes to printing photos, and they make it easy to do it online and pick up at the store

stephanieg18
12/28/15

All of the food I purchase at Costco spoils right away. Costco beats up their vendors so badly. That great return policy doesn't affect Costco because they build in those returns with their vendors, and the manufacturer eats those. So you pay for the luxury of getting an abundance of product that spoils quickly! Membership fees keep this company floating, and they mark up the skinny prices they make manufacturers sell to them for a 30% profit guaranteed...great concept for a greedy company... Those free samples are not at the cost of COSTCO but the manufacturer and the company that samples them to you is also owned and operated by Costco and they charge the companies an arm an leg and hire people at minimum wage that don't care about the manufacturers bottom line....big racket, can you say Communism?

kimberla2
12/24/15

The first time I went there I was really impressed by the prices and how big it was but now I am getting disappointed because the membership fee is too expensive and the workers never smile and they just look at everybody to check if they hide something in their pocket or bag. Sometimes it's just insane and I feel too much pressure. I wanna buy there to save some money but sometimes I just don't wanna go to Costco anymore.

ho3600
12/24/15

The prices here are great. It's also super easy to return stuff and Costco has the cheapest gas in town! Just don't go on the weekend or it is packed.

christiet1
12/24/15

I order my things online because my pictures are all on the computer and the site is easy to use and I get emails when my products are ready

janetn15
12/24/15

I HAVE ALWAYS BOUGHT CELL PHONES FROM TMOBILE. THIS PAST YEAR I DECIDED TO BUY A NEW PHONE FROM THE BOOTH IN COSTCO OAKBROOK, IL!

I WAS ADVISED THAT THE NEW SAMSUNG 6 WAS BETTER THAN THE IPHONE 6. I PURCHASED THE SAMSUNG. TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, I HAD TO TAKE IT BACK ABOUT 8 TIMES; WAITING A LONG TIME, EACH TIME, TO SPEAK TO A SALESMAN. ON THE 9TH VISIT, THE TMOBILE REP STATED THAT HE WAS HEARING THAT MY LATEST PROBLEM WAS BECOMING COMMON; erasing emails and links only to have them reappear over and over again.

I ASKED IF I COULD JUST SWITCH TO THE IPHONE 6 SINCE I WAS ETERNALLY REVISITING THE COSTCO PHONE BOOTH. I WAS TOLD THAT THEY WERE NOT A TMOBILE STORE OR COSTCO...THAT I HAD USED THE PHONE FOR 2 WEEKS SO I COULD NOT RETURN IT.

I THEN SPOKE TO THE COSTCO MANAGER. I HAD PURCHASED THE EXTRA INSURANCE AND PHONE. COSTCO IS GREAT IF YOU NEED TO RETURN ITEMS AND I THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE JUST AS GREAT ABOUT THIS CELL PHONE WITH A MILLION PROBLEMS. THEY WERE NOT.

I WAS TOLD THAT THE PHONE BOOTH WAS INDEPENDENT OF COSTCO AND THAT IF THEY WOULD DO NOTHING, COSTCO WOULD DO NOTHING. I WAS ADVISED TO MAKE A VISIT TO A COSTCO CORPORATE STORE! IT WAS PASSING THE BUCK TO THE HILT! THERE IS NO SIGN AT THESE BOOTHS STATING THAT THEY ARE INDEPENDENT OF COSTCO AND THAT NEITHER COSTCO OR THEY WILL ADDRESS A PROBLEM AFTER 2 WEEKS.

THE COSTCO IN BOLINGBROOK IL PHONE BOOTH, WHICH I HAPPEN TO BE NEAR ONE DAY, DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO HELP ME ONE OF THOSE 9 TIMES BECAUSE I DID NOT PURCHASE THE PHONE THERE. UNLIKE THE OAKBROOK STORE, THE MANAGER OF THAT STORE DID HELP ME TO EXCHANGE THE PHONE FOR A NEW ONE.

SINCE OAKBROOK COSTCO WOULD DO NOTHING, I WENT TO THE TMOBILE STORE. THE MANAGER THERE STATED THAT THEY WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO HELP AS I HAD HAD THE PHONE FOR MORE THAN TWO WEEKS AND DID NOT PURCHASE IT THERE. AFTER MUCH DISCUSSION, THEY DID GIVE ME AN IPHONE IN EXCHANGE FOR THE SAMSUNG 6.

I NOW HAVE TO PAY MORE MONTHLY. I ALSO DID NOT GET THE DEAL I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN AT COSTCO. I WAS LEFT WITH A $40 SAMSUNG CASE AND NOT EVEN A CAR CHARGER.

I WENT BACK TO OAKBROOK COSTCO, THE MANAGER I SPOKE WITH THIS TIME, WAS EXTREMELY RUDE AND WAS TRYING TO GET ME TO LEAVE SO HE WOULD NOT HAVE TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE. HE REFUSED TO REINBURSE ME FOR A CAR CHARGER AND CASE. HE PASSED THE BUCK TO THE PHONE KIOSK WHICH PASSED THE BUCK BACK TO COSTCO. AT ONE POINT I ASKED FOR HIS NAME AND HE GOT UP AND SAID LOUNDLY THAT HE WAS NOT AFRAID OF MY THREATS. HOW IS ASKING WHAT HIS NAME WAS AT THREAT?

AFTER MUCH UNPLEASENTNESS, HE DID GIVE ME A CASE, PROTECTIVE GLASS AND A BATTERY CHARGER. I AM STILL STUCK WITH THE EXPENSE OF A CAR CHARGER, PROTECTIVE CASE AS THE ONE GIVEN WAS BLACK AND HARD TO FIND IN A PURSE OR WHEN I PUT IT DOWN AND HIGHER TMOBILE BILL.

I WILL NEVER BUY A PHONE AT A COSTCO AGAIN. NO ONE STANDS BEHIND IT. ALL THAT IS DONE IS PASSING THE BUCK AND YOU ARE LEFT WITH MORE EXPENSE THAN IF YOU HAD JUST GONE TO A TMOBILE STORE.

I AM VERY UNHAPPY WITH THE WAY I WAS TREATED BY THE TMOBILE KIOSKS AND THE OAKBROOK COSTCO. LIKE I SAID, BEWARE OF WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO WHEN YOU BUY A PHONE FROM COSTCO. NO ONE THERE STANDS BEHIND IT.

I STOPPED BY THE COSTCO PHONE KIOSK AGAIN IN OAKBROOK TO ASK IF COSTCO OR THE KIOSK WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR ITEMS BOUGHT THERE. THE FELLA STATED COSTCO WAS. I HAD HIM WRITE IT DOWN AND SIGN HIS NAME. WHEN I SHOWED IT TO THE MANAGER, HE LOOKED CONFUSED AND SAID NOTHING.

janiceh23
12/23/15

Let's face it, sometimes purchases just don't work out. I've always found Costco to be great for returning things, even without the original receipt. They'll take the time to look up your shopping details in their system for the proof of purchase.

Just great!

justint42
1,280 helpful votes
12/23/15

I've always been a fan of costco. They're a little slow on the shipping part from time to time, but overall really good experience. So far have not received any damaged items, only knock on them is sometimes they do sell cheap quality stuff, but I normally take it into the warehouse to return it.

adaml49
12/22/15

Best meat, good selection

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Costco staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
11/18/15
Answer
brianl57
A: Sometimes happens that the article is seasonal and doesn't appear again for months. Costco doesn't sell surplus merchandise, everything they sell is first rate. If you have problems with an item call corporate hq. They are extremely happy to help solve problems.
11/20/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
9/16/15
Answer
zeidaj
A: Get in touch with their corporate office. Google the number. I left measles with a CEO and my problem was personally solved immediately. They are not trying to scam customers, it's their warehouse personnel that sometimes screw up.
11/19/15