US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

clintons1

Everything worked without any hitches, and I was quite pleased with the merchandise and the customer service. (in 20 reviews)

lisas122

Can always find what I'm looking for and you cannot beat their return policy. (in 8 reviews)

jackc62

It is truly a worry-free shopping experience from all angles. (in 4 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

Legitimate

Costco.com has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

daveh82
5/25/15

For volume buyers it's an advantage. But it falls short on quality product and current business modelling; eg: the absence of ORGANICS. More of an overrun, failed lines, and returns store.

marycm
5/25/15

COSTCO, although it offers sets of things in large quanities, it does sometimes not give you very many choices as far as Brand products. Sure, they have a lot of products, but there are some things that I am very Brand-loyal about. If COSTCO does not carry MY BRAND, I am not going to buy it.
They have a very good selection of fresh fruits and vegtables, bread, chicken, beef, salmon, and etc..Their hot chicken section is great.
They often offer free samples of various foods. They make them taste so good, that I really want to go buy them. When I get to the freezers and look at the ingredients in these delicious items, I am dismayed to see that the products have way too many unhealthy ingredients in most of them. They are usually mouth-watering, but I have been ill, and I have to be very careful what ingredients I eat.
However, I like certain kinds of juice, and generally, as a rule, I cannot buy them at COSTCO.
Their Electronics Section is fantastic! Their section for books or games is also fairly broad.
They have a limited selection in the Gardening Section.
I am NEVER happy with their available choices for OTC Meds, clothes, and frozen products.
You have to pay for your membership; COSTCO carries a limited amount of Brands; and you cannot use just any method of payment. For this single woman, usually it is only worth the time and effort for me to go to COSTCO, for fresh food and any large office equipment I need to buy. It really is not worth the Membership Fees.
PLUS, even though I was only away from my car for 15 minutes, my purse was stolen from my car that was parked in the COSTCO parking lot.

martys17
5/20/15

The title says it all..this review is nothing but praise for the warehouse giant. If you need it and Costco has it, just buy it. You won't get a better price anywhere else whether it be for medical prescriptions to food to consumer electronics. Yea, I know...I'm not sure that I need a gallon of mustard either. I get it, and to fix that problem, I just don't buy mustard (or anything else in such quantities that I won't use) at Costco. You know what I mean...
Worth mentioning, I've never had a problem (returns...) over the last decade to where I needed to contact Customer Service, but anyone I know who has worked with CS has always returned happy. That's a good thing!
One minor nuisance, my wife doesn't mind, but I hate the long checkout lines...and they are ALWAYS long in my opinion...uggghhhh 8^)

melissad37
5/19/15

You can tell that Costco's bread and butter is--and always will be--their physical stores. The online shopping experience could use some UX re-design.

soring

10!!!!

erichf
5/19/15

Costco has saved me tons of money over the years, and I love shopping there for just about anything, although food is my main purchase. Their customer service is excellent, and their employees are both knowledgeable and ready and willing to assist. Great experience!

rhondag5
5/15/15

I enjoy Costco just as much as Nordstrom. This is like taking a kid to the carnival. I go mad in this place. lol

annb44
5/13/15

While we use to live close to Costco we moved to a remote location so it was wonderful to be able to order products online. Simply order processing and quick delivery.

sm682
5/12/15

Excellent products, great customer service, a happy employees because it is a great place to work.
We've eve bought cars through Costco-almost over the phone, w/no sales push at all-genius.
Now, I'm told they offer get rates on rental cars.
A great, great company.

whitneys17
5/9/15

Costco is a go to warehouse shop for our family. Quality foods and items at a low price. Memberships pay for themselves only after one or two visits. Monthly sales help shoppers save even more money. Costco brand "Kirkland" is great and often better than you think they will be. Meats are fresh, wine is delicious, and breads are super yummy!

franko22
5/7/15

I go there a lot.

georget51
5/7/15

It's better than Staples, and you get huge discounts just on almost anything.

joannaz3
5/4/15

If I can buy everything here I will. The only thing I dont like is some product is such too much, if you have big family that may work, I don't like waste.

phill327
5/3/15

Have been a member of Costco since its beginning. A great place to shop, with a wide variety of consumer goods, great foods, pharmacy, optician, photo lab and more. Spacious aisles, friendly staff. The only downside to Costco is that there is not one register where a shopper with only a few items may go to pay and leave quickly. Even with a few items one must stand in long lines with shopping baskets filled to the top in front. Costco needs to have at least one quick check out line.

karens103
5/3/15

I have never been unhappy with anything I have purchased from Costco, I have 100% confidence and prefer to purchase my electronics from Costco because they offer an additional 12 month warranty through their Concierge Service! Their customer service is the best!

randih3
5/1/15

I seriously love so many things about Costco. I've had a membership there for at least 10 years. The quality of their products is fabulous. However, if something does not work like its supposed to I never worry when I make my purchase there. They have the best return policy no questions asked. I will buy things there just for that reason alone versus another store, but the prices are usually unbeatable when looking at more expensive items too so it's an all around win to buy there. Even though you pay for the membership the savings at their gas station alone are worth the price of the membership . Will be a customer for life!

cynthiaw15
4/28/15

Ordered product at a great price and it was shipped quickly. The product works as it should. Love it! I will order from Cosco again.

rickm69
4/26/15

if it's not right, they've always fixed it (for me).

michaelg99
4/24/15

i remember costco, as a kid. sadly their not the best prices for electronic devises anymore. also, sadly, their bulk use to be in blulk and had pronominal prices. current day costco, the couple that ive been in doesnt seem much different than a supper walmart and they have the lower prices. however, the assortments are pretty nice, and they do have the lowest gas prices. however again, i dont find either worth a membership fee, as a consumer gas card results in even cheaper prices, which can be used at local arco, bp, or cherveron stations. as also if you redeem cash purchases for fuel in a texaco station, you get the flat rate, and that cant be beat. where anything less than 3.00/g premium quality fuel, that is what i am going to buy.

raymonde9
4/23/15

I do a lot of business with them and their very good.

maryj92
4/22/15

Awesome. The price of one prescription from a major pharmacy was 112 dollars. At Costco is was 26. Seriously. It was 26 dollars. (Actually I think it was 25 and some change). There is one other pharmacy that has comparable prices (major competitor) but outside of that store this is the least expensive pharmacy I have ever encountered. I haven't noticed any difference in the medication they offer and they seem very efficient. Overall, I am very impressed!

walterp13
4/21/15

The only down side is that if you are set on a particular product, you may be disappointed. It may be, in your opinion, the best product on earth, but the buyers at Costco can wipe it off the map. Trying new products all the time is a hit and miss. Mostly hits but throwing out $20 worth of food can hurt.

nelsons21
4/21/15

Costco uk ... good value but it's a pity they don't have a website that shows the prices of items in stock. Some of their "deals" can be bettered elsewhere but when it come to the quality of their meat, they are second to none.

alisonb20
4/18/15

I shop there on a regular basis. The only problem I have with them is I go to buy a few things and walk out with half the store LOL Returns are a breeze, they didn't even haggle when I couldn't find my receipt

davidm260
4/14/15

again, this is America at it's best. But Costco has to not keep their customers waiting in line. Faster check out and These guys get a 5 star

stevec111
4/14/15

My only real complaint is the long lines and parking lots. Defiantly not worth going for one or two items. Love their Pizza & hot dogs, but again not worth going just for that.

ront18

Good Customer Service

maryser
4/13/15

Great savings if buying items bulk. Also, food is good and have sample days to try it before you buy in stores.

sallyc10
4/11/15

What can you say? I love Costco!!!!

jennys46
4/10/15

Great customer service. I really like it

airwilp
4/10/15

I like shopping at Costco for their fresh fruits and vegetables.

gailw15
4/10/15

Everyone is always helpful at Costco's and prices are the best. Always go there when having a party.

bethm28
4/9/15

There is so much at Costco.com that is different from the warehouse. It's a whole treasure hunt all on its own. The prices are fabulous and shipping is very fast. For big items, the delivery service has been great about being in contact before they come the house.

erinf15
4/7/15

I don't run an orphanage or a camp or have a family of 20 therefore do not need a vat of mayonnaise or a 50 Lb case of pickles. I refuse to pay an annual membership fee for the twice yearly need I may have for 6000 rolls of toilet paper. Sorry,buying unhealthy, processed items in bulk does not work for my family.

christenf
4/7/15

Don't judge the book by it'a cover. All I'm saying!

bonnies44
4/6/15

We live on a small island so are thrilled to have our own CostCo. We buy most of our food at CostCo, as well as office supplies, clothes, and other items.

dennisb68
4/5/15

Since you cannot try and buy, it is great that if what you buy does not work out, the return process is hassle free.

kennethm38
4/5/15

I BELONGED TO COSTCO WHEN I LIVED IN NEW YORK I USE TO COME INTO NEW JERSEY SHOP IN COSTCO AND GO BACK HOME TO NEW YORK I AM SO GLAD THEY HAVE COSTCO IN NEW JERSEY NOW THAT I LIVE HERE.

brianl50
4/5/15

Great place to get good deals

juliap19
4/5/15

I don't like the membership price, it's better with master card... Not enough of organic foods, some prices are still too high, especially for big packages

rohitk5
4/4/15

if you own a business,then this store is for you.For daily house shopping.i suggest stick to local super markets as it will not save you any money and you will end up overshopping.

stephanies71
4/4/15

Love costco for party foods. Makes less work for me when we have nice sizes party. Dips, All types of beverages, Finger foods. Love it. BUT if your are buying food for the house, stay away from the bulk fruit & veggies... several times they have spoiled very quickly.

paulab24
4/3/15

selimt
4/1/15

The service is good, the prices are great and the refunds are better!

bevw4
3/30/15

did ask my xmas doing via Amazon last year and saved myself loads of time and hassle...great shopping everything arrived on time.

mjt1
3/30/15

I love CostCo for many reasons, but mostly because of their amazing warranty on everything. I got a GREAT deal on CARPET through them, printed business checks & used them for travel - all great experiences. Love the food selection & awesome sampling on Saturdays allows to try before buy - another way to get us hooked!

Best thing is that ALL STAFF seem KNOWLEDGEABLE & ABLE TO HELP - have never had an employee say "I don't know..." because they usually do. This is a NO-HASSLE place.

heidir9
3/26/15

If I have a party of need a lot of stuff it is a good option. I would like to go there more for regular needs like groceries but it becomes an event since the parking lot is always full and lines are long. There needs to be more people in returns because it is almost not worth it to return an item with lines that long.

ao29
3/26/15

Large cheap place to shop with good quality stuff. Staff could be more friendly although most of the customers are business owners and sometimes think their poo done stink. So will give staff a break.

lynnh36

Awesome

rickk33
3/25/15

Why no one bothers to pick the call? Please fix it!

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Costco staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I'm a college student and I'm researching Costco customer service in the following areas:

Stores
Phone
Web site

Can you help me find data on Costco's service levels in the stated areas?
1 week ago
Answer
traceym31
A: Go to. Costco.com and after you give them your zipcode you will be given locations of warehouses near you with phone numbers. The website will link you to a lot of information about Costco.
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Costco staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Costco?