US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

yusreena

The customer service has so far always assisted me with my queries and I found them to be pretty good. (in 9 reviews)

jeremyb40

All 8 packages arrived 5 days after despatch and arrived in perfect order, no missing or damages. (in 2 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

stevep81
6/2/15

I live in rural Australia. I have used this company for a couple of years. I've never had a problem, never had to check a delayed delivery, never had a product arrived in less that the original condition. I think very highly of this company and recommend it to others every time someone asks where I got this or that product. Brilliant organisation - keep up the great work!

trucp
6/1/15

This is my first experience with comgateway. Regardless so many queries I have for my first time shopping online for the USA, the customer service team responds quickly and provide the great solution for my need.

Will share further comments when I receive other services.

bettyk6
5/20/15

Seeing those negative reviews,I strongly felt that I must submit my review of my experience with this forwarding company. I switched to them after my frustrating experience with myus.com . I had shipped almost 10 shipmenst via comGateway since then. They cost much less that myus.com ( which throw all your things into a big box and charged the volumetric weight, many of the items were damaged because of the poor re- packaging). ComeGateway never fail to reply email speedily, export compliance review were done within 2 working days.My experience with myus.com that turned me away was that for the same items that I shipped through myus.com 6 weeks ago suddenly took 4 weeks just for export review for second shipment and my same shipping address could no longer be used!. With comGateway,no damaged items, itemized shipping quote was given instantly online before I decide to proceed to pay(myus.com will charge the credit card without revealing the shipping cost, you wont be able to estimate because the final chargeable weight exceed the estimated shipping weight greatly!).
I am happy that I switched to this company that makes all the shipping process smooth and without unpleasant surprises when I open the boxes!

garciae
4/20/15

Good pet items are expensive here in the UK. Using them to get discounts on things like kong, nina ottosson, and even on UK brands like mungo&maud! Now i have a happy dog. That the shipping is fast, is a plus!

yusreena
4/8/15

I have shipped about 6-7 times via ComGateway and though i wish the prices were a bit low, I have managed to save some and also got the items pretty fast. The customer service has so far always assisted me with my queries and I found them to be pretty good. I also usually don't rate these kind of stuff but i am rather surprised with the negative reviews here and wanted to share my experience.

deanf16
4/3/15

From what I can gather by the negative review writers on this site are that they don't or wont spend time researching the myriad of parcel forwarders on the internet and what each of them offers AND at what cost etc.I live in Australia and bought 2 pairs of sneakers for my grandson. Total cost $90. When I was advised by comgateway they were available for shipping the freight was almost $120 and according to the website repacking wasn't an option.
I queried the freight and got a very prompt and courteous reply offering to assist by repacking and a discount for this my first shipment. Result - new cost $55.00 complete with Express DHL shipping.
I cannot believe that any company such as this would not treat ALL their valuable customers in this way. I have used a couple of other forwarders in the past with reasonable results. All of them will assist if you are polite and ask.
I will use comgateway again and encourage you to take advantage of low cost US shopping.
P.S. Those sneakers in Australia would have cost US$150 per pair. I paid US$45

rebeccam30
4/2/15

Hmm.. this is my first time leaving a review.. I thought I should since so many were so negative ones. I started using this service to buy a kindle. Read their emails and realized how much cheaper health supplements and skin care products are, so I decided to buy all those from US as well. It's been my.. 4th shipment? over half a year period.. No problems so far. Excellent customer service (one of the rare companies to actually respond to my feedback form), everything always come on time and in good order, and I've saved loads so far! (6bucks for my creams instead of 15 omg...) although.. less savings now because of the damn exchange rate........ ):

Overall... I really don't understand why all those bad reviews.. awesome stuff comgateway!! keep it up!

Tip for consumers: Not everything is cheaper.. go ask their customer service if you're not sure!!

alexandraf5
4/1/15

Read the reviews and decided to give them a try anyway. Was pleasantly surprised! All my emails were replied to within a day, and they were very patient with an old fuddy duddy like myself who couldn't quite figure out the service at first.

On to my 4th shipment of vitamins now, pricing is reasonable, and I couldn't be happier. I've saved so much!!

would recommend to all my friends.

hungt5
1/19/15

I used comGateway a few times , more than 10 times i think, i usually dont give feed back however i do not know why many people give the company a lot of negative feedback, i then think it is unfair not to give them good feedback from my side as i always receive perfect service from them, they deliver what they said. I sometime use normal service but from time to time my packages are shipped with express worldwide service by DHL without any additional charge. I receive email of notification right away after the package is delivered at Comgateway so i can decide to ship the same day.

In term of the shipping charge from comgateway i dont know if it is competitive as i never used other shipping company so i cant compare. however in term of service and the sale tax saving thanks to the company location in Oregan. For these two reasons I will continue and use comgateway.

Thank you Comgateway for the service. All of you working there are STARS.

Hung TRAN customer from Sydney

kawiw
12/8/14

I have used ComGateway about 10 times (possibly more) and found them, competitive with pricing for shipping, proactive on all queries, exceptionally reliable. I have encountered many US sites that will not ship outside USA. ComGateway has delivered what they say they will every time. As with everything, not only READ the fine print, but UNDERSTAND the fine print. No issues with credit card or Paypal. Excellent niche market.

kallek
12/1/14

I ordered certain mobile phone accessories from ComGateway (with the "BuyForMe" service) since they are not sold in my country. I was a bit apprehensive about the order since other feedback on this site was quite negative. However, I had a very positive experience. The order was placed very quickly and I was informed when the order was done, when it was received by the company and when they sent the product to me. The overall expenses were pretty high but not because of ComGateway - most expenses resulted from the fees of the courier company and the customs agency. All in all, I'm very satisfied.

nonoh
10/30/14

i am indonesian, i bought iphone 6 and antminer s3, but they robbed me, i lost about $1400 f**k comgateway

jeremyb40
10/27/14

I'm in the UK. I bought 8 seperate packages (3 from Amazon) all relating to kayaking gear, 23Kg the total cost was $1174.84US. I used comGateway's 30 day free storage, and throughout their system notified me of receipt of my orders - I tracked them into comGateway and only a few hours difference between receipt and email getting to me informing me of such. They charged me $44.32US for their work and a further $204US for FedEx standard
shipping to me in the UK. FedEx(UK) advised me of UK import charges ($329.20) which equated to £204.92. All 8 packages arrived 5 days after despatch and arrived in perfect order, no missing or damages.

I calculated the percentage savings on several items that could be sourced in the uk, overall
the average was 53% saved. I used comGateway on a seperate order entirely, for a Canada Goose Chiiliwack (Ladies) jacket, $599US. I used a faster shipping option and this item came before the one above! DHL's interpretation of the UK's import charge stung a little, but the same jacket here in the UK is sold at $1123US (I paid $830US equiv) so I was still pleased with the outcome.
All-in-all I'm very very pleased with comGateway's service, even their email system answered my only question quickly and completely. I would give them 6 stars if I were able, if there is a better c/o forwarding business I would be surprised.

comGateway will have my business, no question about it.

Best of luck,

Jeremy.

Tip for consumers: I don't give feedback as a rule, but given the number of negatives about comGateway I thought good service should be rewarded by an honest review.

joyd16
10/2/14

WARNING: STAY AWAY......NEVER attempt and deliver your goods to Comgateway. When they received your items they will never notify you and never confirmed that they received your parcels.When you go to there website and you can no longer open account they will automatically close it without your knowledge.

They will compromised your account and keep on telling to ask a refund for the merchants. When you ask about your parcels they will say that they can never disclose any information about your parcels.

PLEASE STAY AWAY ON THIS WEBSITE...

dukeb27
9/30/14

This is a business used by Frauds and scam artists. Never do business with anyone who uses this address (17146 NE Sandy Blvd., Portland OR). This business does nothing to stop the scam artists from using their services. They have NO legitimate customers.
If you have any dealings with buyers or sellers using this address realize your accounts have been hacked. Never return items for an eBay auction as you will never receive a refund.

Tip for consumers: Contact your Credit Card company immediately and report a fraud case.

alistairl1
9/14/14

Please be very wary of using this company, i would not wish anyone else to suffer the customer 'care' i have received over a damaged package, so please do shop around before settling on a forwarding company.
I can only say my experience is one fraught with frustration and loss of money, i will not use again.

steves132
9/12/14

comGateway are, in my estimation, the most inept, confusing, incompetent, annoying, overpriced company I have EVER dealt with. I have been trying to run a business for 6 months by utilising them. I don't even know where to start how bad these guys are. Just be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

Tip for consumers: AVOID AT ALL COSTS. They will make a grown man cry.

fukfukc
8/19/14

It's really a trap as there are much much more you have to pay than your expected. Lots of surcharges, etc: Consolidation charges, repackaging charges, fuel surcharge, insurance which you have never expected. The total cost is definitely higher that it's solely shipped from retailers. And they calculate every single item starting from 0.5kg separately although they are supposed can be consolidate. They intend to make your stuff more and more expensive to ship rather than thinking of how to save shipping cost for you.

In a word, I will NEVER try ComGateway again in my life.

Tip for consumers: Please real EVERY condition very carefully before you ship your stuff to their US address.

erikl16
8/1/14

over price, makes me feel they are scam....

aishahw
7/10/14

I'm quite surprised with all the other reviews, because I had a pretty smooth transaction with them. They notified me for each item that arrived in their warehouse. The shipping process was quick, my parcel was sent the day after I confirmed it. I at first thought the shipping fee was too expensive, but when I compared it to other sites, they had almost similar rates. I live in Singapore and I received my parcel under a week. I'll be using their service again next week so I'll update on that experience when it comes.

florencem16
3/27/14

Had a few items delivered as it seemed cheaper, however they billed me for what I thought was their shipping and useage charge. a couple of months later I get an invoice from Fedex saying I haven't paid my shipping charge. The same amount I paid the site! effectively they have taken my money but offered me no service at all. as further inspection of their site informs me I'm responsible for any shipping charges! Didn't save me any money at all. so just don't bother.

robertw86
3/17/14

Stay far, far away from this website. I requested a refund from these guys after they tried to overcharge me for shipping. I argued with them for 2 months before finally telling them where to go. I decided to escalate it to PayPal instead. The site is obviously a scam.

lukes27
2/28/14

This is not an honest website. I believe this to be a scam website after my experience with them.

I ordered 4 replacement watch straps and they were received in my comGateway account. The recorded weight was 0.45kg!! This is probably the equivalent weight of +100 packaged watch straps!

Furthermore, when it came to pay the charge was $80. Even if the weight was correct this international shipping rate is criminal. Aramex Shop and Ship is FAR FAR better value.

The reason that I was unable to use Shop and Ship in this case was that the supplier would only accept online orders from US credit cards (not Paypal) and the items that I wanted (the watch straps) are quite rare so using an alternative supplier was not a viable option.

When I tried to avoid the international shipping (in an effort to avoid the scandalous international cost) by entering a US address - this was not possible on the website.

I am thankful that this was a low dollar value purchase. They can keep the damn straps.

I have never been scammed before - this is a disappointing first. However, on reflection it is quite an effective scam that targets an opportune niche of victims. Only after you have purchased the item and it is later received at their warehouse do you find out that you are now at the mercy of these a**holes.

For people shipping higher value items they will not be in such a fortunate situation. They will not be able to just walk away from the items that they own but are being held by comGateway.

ianh35
2/24/14

I only recently got involved with this company as I need to purchase large shoes for my son not available in Asia. They are very good at signing you up but thus far their service sucks and their customer service is non-existent. The goods were received by them from Amazon 6 days ago but comGateway have not contacted me to tell me they have them. They do not have phone numbers you can call in Portland, Oregon or rather no-one to speak to. I did leave a voicemail but got no response. Their customer service email system never replies to you. I sent 4 emails now. Nil replies. Their "Live Chatting" does not work. Find an alternative and I seriously question all the positive testimonials on their website. I cannot even find out how to write a testimonial.

eddieh16
2/15/14

rip off site...dont ever use their services...dont believe it? try it!!!

coral18
2/2/14

This is an international ring of credit card thieves. If you accept their job offer they will use your info to steal your credit and plunge you into a world of Identity Theft.

tonyas5
12/22/13

Stay far away. They are scammers. If they try to hire you as a logicstics manager you are not going to get paid and are going to be an accessory to mail fraud and possibly credit card fraud. Stay far far away from this company

paulw54
11/5/13

Used these guys to bring a laptop and some other stuff from Amazon overseas. Their shipping was pretty expensive at just under 80 bucks; not sure how the laptop and a few food items could come up to 7kg(!) of weight. Still saved me some cash, so I'm definitely not complaining though. Just wish it could be a little cheaper. Have yet to try their customer service.

marka67
10/30/13

Got a parcel shipped via ComGateway. Only problem was that they charged me 40USD extra to ship air despite them saying they would repack if it would save at least 2kg (16USD). After much too-ing and fro-ing they did eventually refund most of the amount overcharged but refused to refund the last 4.40USD. It was their mistake which really peeved me off. Bella at Customer Service continually ignored my Q in regards why they wouldn't refund the whole amount and then just sent me an email saying they were refunding x amount and that was basically their way of fobbing me off!!!

louisc23
10/23/13

Bad experience dealing with comgateway. Arrange for a combine shipping to save cost, but they miss out others packages. In the end, have to pay base fee separately. Make me lose money and also late delivery of my packages. Be wary if dealing with them.

haroldc15
10/10/13

I posted a review about the site and their attempt to hire me as a Logistics Manager. Thanks for reading the review.

vitrid
9/11/13

At first, their service seems OK. when items arrived in their earehouse, invoices were scanned within 3-4 hours and immediately I can proceed quickly. DHL was good, I asked them to ship on Thirsday and parcel arrived in Sydney, Australia by Monday. But, When my parcel arrived, 5 items were missing! I re-checked the invoice that they scanned for me, everything arrived at their warehouse OK. However, they took 5 items, crossed it off the original hard copy invoice before they forward the parcel to me, WITHOUT NOTICE!
Basically stealing, do not use them! They are the cheapest, but if you're missing your items, thats a crime!!
Also, they don't consolidate items at all! 7.5kgs was charged at $90, I thought it should be $24 basic fare + $28= $52 or similar. And my packages were small, size of a laptop box.
So all in all, they steal and rip off our money. Better go for other companies.

simond22
9/10/13

They are 100% honest and reliable. My first experience with them, I purchased goods on Amazon and had them shipped to their US address. They then delivered them as promised on time by DHL courier to my address in Sydney Australia. They communicated clearly with me every step of the way and I have all their email correspondence archived for my record to prove what I write. I have no hesitation in recommending them. I would 100% use them again.

joeb92
9/5/13

I recently purchased a sport item (archery bow) from the US. Over the years I have purchased many bows from the US which was always shipped via USPS. This time the parcel size was 1" larger than allowed by the USPS service I normally use and signed up with ComGateway, who indicated they can ship the particular parcel size. 4 days after the item arrived at the ComGateway facility I received an e-mail stating that the item is 'prohibited for international export'. Their website does not list the item as being 'prohibited', nor can I find anywhere stating that archery gear are prohibited, and now the item (worth over a $1 000) is stuck at their facility. The only way you can contact them is via 'Live Chat' which always seems to be busy, and by email. Getting an email response takes 1 to 2 days and after playing email tag for days now I am no closer to finding a resolution to the issue. I've never had so much trouble shipping an archery item from the US and would not use ComGateway again. Stay clear, there are much better shipping options available.

sssf
8/21/13

I have 2 package
1. pants x 1 1 KG
2. pant x 1 + 3 x 0.21oz concealer 3.5 KG

Package 1 and 2 they are same item inside but2 plus 3 pcs 0.21Oz concealer. Is it possible 3 pcs 0.21Oz concealer will cause 2kg different weight? It is irrational!

The CS also not helpful. This company is not honest

sallyv
8/6/13

Purchased 1 packet of cookies , I believe just over 1kg and 8 water enhancers (very small bottlers of liquid -Im sure not weighing more than a kilo) anyway was charged for 4kgs + a $17 remote location allowance WTF capital city in Australia !!! my shopping cost $60 charge from Comgateway $85 US disgusting !!!!! Value for money they say Pfttt Suck $#*! Comgateway Never Again

craigm40
7/15/13

This is the first time I have been ripped off by an online company and its not a nice feeling. I ordered an item through buyforme which is a part of the many online fronts run by comegateway and paid for it with my credit card that day. Three days later I had heard nothing from the company, no email confirmation, no welcome message so I checked my credit card statement and found thte amount had been debited from my card the day I paid. I emailed the help line explaining I had no order details as I had expected this in the email once my order was confirmed but I gave them my name, email address , copy of the credit card debit and product ordered. Two days later I recieved a reply asking me to provide my order number??? I emailed back and was advised there was no record of any order from me. I finaly contacted my bank and advised a fraudulent transaction, these poeple are crooks and I wish I had checked the reviews before I lost my money!!! Dont touch them.

sergel
7/12/13

It's just nightmare. Everything is so slow. The head office is in Singapore to avoid paying US taxes. How clever. So everything is one day delayed. They cheat on weight, on fuel surcharge. The shipping charges are astronomical. NEVER AGAIN

tillyt
5/17/13

I used Comgateway in April/May 2103 for a total of 8 packages that I purchased from American Eagle and Various Ebay Sites, I had these packages held for almost 30 days free of charge and was dreading what the Freight Charges would be to Australia. Upon finding out that my 8 Packages had come to a total of 7.5kg and my Total Freight charges to (Melbourne) Australia from USA was on $96.00 I was ecstatic, After advising Comgateway to go ahead and sent my Packages they were collected by DHL on Friday the 10th May at approx 3.30pm and Delivered on Tuesday the 14th May before midday, Absolutely Amazing Experience and I would not hesitate to use them again! P.S. One of the Jackets I bought from Ebay would have cost me $24.95 to have it posted to Australia......so thanks comgateway for making this possible!

traceyw6
4/30/13

I just used this site for the first time to buy beauty products from the USA and ship them to Australia.
Amazing experience. I was VERY nervous! I had several packages arrive over a 2 week period and had a total of 30 days to store them. Once each package arrived I would be notified by 6pm USA time.
When it was time for me to send them to Australia my package was sent on within hours.
Yes the postage was a little more than if I could get the products delivered directly to Australia, but I couldn't so I paid.
Thanks

philg8
4/29/13

The pattern of my experience is consistent with scammers.
My first purchase went without a hitch, and I was okay with the long wait.
I made two other purchases using identical details as the first one, and AFTER I paid for the items and shipping, they inform me that their delivery policy has changed, and that it's my problem.

My problem! I purchased a service, and they change the agreement after purchase and then have the contempt to say that's now my problem and that I should have known about their policy change before I purchased. If I was that great at predicting the future, I'd be going for the lottery...

I'm DISGUSTED. Use this organisation at your own peril.

lukef9
4/10/13

Placed an order with comgateway.com where they purchase goods on a USA website seeing i cannot purchase in Australia for 25 different items a large order and 7 days later an email stating that all the items were out of stock was sent back with no explanation.The items were not out of stock i have just purchased them through myus.com. comgateway.com have no support service i emailed there customer service over 10 times for a week with no answer.There are no phone numbers to contact and the live chat i think is automated via a computers.Dont waist your time with this website

johng96
4/1/13

I used them to buy shoes from the U.S. I had a little trouble at first when they said they could not find that brand listed. I sorted that. From there on, everything went smoothly. I was kept informed of package movements and dates etc. The package just arrived this morning (2 April 2013 Australian time) as I expected. I would certainly use comgateway again. There is a shipping cost added the goods bought, but my shoes were still about $80.00 cheaper, all up, than I could buy then here in Australia.

ellev1
1/27/13

I've bought some stuff from BBW and wanted to shop to other countries. Then they told me that they can't do it, so i told them to send it to another company that is willing to ship it for me. Then they say they will charge me 24USD to deliver the parcel within portland.

I asked why is the cost so high, and they avoided my question and even block me on facebook to prevent me from further commenting. I can show you all the screenshots that they have blocked me to prevent me from even contacting them.

Now all my parcels more than $150 worth of goods are stuck with them. THIS COMPANY IS A CON JOB. AVOID AT ALL COST.

kyliev
1/11/13

I ordered from comGateway 2 items for a loved one for Christmas, it's now 10/1/13 & still don't have them due to cargo loss. They don't care about there customers they just want $$
I even paid exspress shipping, & p&h was more than the items.
That is my 1st & last time I buy through these guys.

tamarag1
11/16/12

I really love comgateway. I started using their services about 1 year ago, and have sent more than 10 shipments thru them already (roughly 1 shipment monthly). Their service is PERFECT!
I know it's more expensive than Vpost, but the shipment reaches me within 3 days!! (From USA shipped all the way to Singapore) It's much much faster than Vpost.
Also it's cheaper than Borderlinx, and less problematic.

I really can't recommend comgateway enough.

craigc9
5/8/12

i was a little bit worried from ordering from this website to buy a jacket from america. after i used the buy for me service i paid them for the item and then the next working day i received a email saying it had been ordered for me. once they received the item i was informed right away and i was able to arrange delivery to my uk address. it all took about 2 to 3 weeks to get to me, most of the wait was from the company i bought the jacket from and not comgateway. All in all i am very happy with comgateway and i carn't conplain about the service they gave me it was top notch

judyc6
4/26/12

they are really bad, it didn't know other site but I decide to stop using this company . they ship to me in 6 different pieces !!! different time . 2 little book , one dict , some small items for polo RLH. cost me USD 308 and I have to arrange with the delivery company more than few times. which is so inconvenient

lizzyv
4/5/11

I have had so many issues with comGateway. My first issue is with their pricing; a package may actually only weigh 2kg, but they will charge you 6 kg! Sometimes they will give you the option to repack but that's not always available. Secondly, their customer service is awful. I have never been able to Live Chat with them because it's always "busy" so I have to resort to email which can take days for them to reply, if at all! They have no phone number which is frustrating. Thirdly, when I do organise my parcel for forwarding, it can take 7 days for them to dispatch it yet they are very quick to charge my credit card!

tazbod
1/8/11

My DHL consignment was delayed because the content of every individual package was given the same description. It was clear just from looking at some of them that the description was wrong, so customs held them and opened every one. The error in the documentation might have been the fault of the carrier or Comgateway. That's not clear -- and no one is telling.
Delays are also caused by admin and customer service being located in Singapore, while the physical operation is on the US west coast. There's a huge time difference between the two locations, so the receipt of a package at their depot might not be notified to the client and registered online until a couple of business days later. A client has to wait till this process is completed before forwarding can be requested.
Comgateway consolidates, but does not pack items together (unless you pay extra), then it charges for the rounded-up-to-the-nearest-half-kilo chargeable weight of each item separately and adds them together. This makes the amount payable somewhat greater. For example, two separate packs of tissues would be a chargeable half kilo each.
I found customer service often slow to respond, then a tad argumentative. They were unhelpful with a simple request regarding billing, and at least one message received no response at all. The only options for contacting them are email, and online chat during Singapore working hours. No phone number.
On the positive side, I do like the way they scan invoices/packing slips supplied by merchants and allow clients to view and download them. The online interface is good. And all my items did arrive in good condition.
Not my worst experience with a forwarding company, by any means, but I believe they could have done much better.
I will not be using them in the future.

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the comGateway staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: How to find the intro pack promo codes. Im ready to ship but cant find where the discount codes are - where do I look or are they applied automatically being my first time using them (Comgateway)?
6/21/13
Answer
laylas
A: I ordered a product from america and they have not put my aussie address into the address book.......hopefully my order will arrive to my aussie destination from the american address?will they email me as soon as product arrives to american addy to get aussie address info?
7/19/12
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: I can't find your service rates. like consolidation, monthly fee etc... can you help me??
4/30/15
Answer
kawiw
A: You can always use the live chat. Just keep in mind the time difference if you live outside USA. You should receive an answer straight away. If you leave a message outside normal hours for them, please check back and they usually answer via your email. If you still have difficulties in contacting them just let me know. Kawi
5/2/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the comGateway staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
comGateway?