US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

fayezk

They are easy to use and their customer service is very friendly. (in 83 reviews)

hannahs22

When I needed a last minute flight for a business trip, I found that CheapOair did have the lowest priced flight. (in 191 reviews)

miless18

I also checked my credit card to ensure they processed the correct amount, which they did. (in 30 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

dm163
7/6/15

OVERcharged two different times for the same car rental

Complaint number 1: I was charged twice by Cheap Oair for one car rental.

I made one car reservation on May 4th that included travel protection. I realized I didn't need the travel protection and called back that same day to cancel the travel protection, which they refunded.

When my credit card statement came, I found that I had been charged twice for both Cheap Oair’s $15 fee plus the $64.95 travel protection. I was charged $84.95 twice.

After a week and half and seven or eight calls later, Cheap Oair refunded their $15 service fee for the second charge, though they still needed to refund the additional $69.95 for the travel protection I was double charged for. (Though they didn't have to, they didn't even offer to refund the $15 for the actual car rental.)

Complaint number 2: I was charged by Avis more than what was agreed upon by me and Cheap Oair.

The total amount that I was to pay per my agreement with Cheap Oair was $152.74. The total I was charged (less fees that I was obligated to pay Avis) was $241.60. I was charged $88.86 more than what Cheap Oair promised I would pay.

The total that Cheap Oair owes me is $158.81.

Again, I have tried several times to get my money back, even after being hung up on a couple of times (I never became upset with the representatives nor did I ever raise my voice toward them. Yet in the middle of two conversations, I was hung up on). I have done everything representatives from Cheap Oair have asked, as well as putting together a spreadsheet showing the list of charges.

Stay away from Cheap Oair. They have proven that they lack integrity.

Tip for consumers: Stay away

nitaj1
7/5/15

The above caption should replace the name CheapoAir. I personally think that Cheapo is a fraud, in that you will have a good experience the first time and they will recognize your name in the system. On subsequent occasions, they will tell you one thing, send you an Itenerary, and a couple days, weeks and even months later you will get confusing e-mails and phone calls that everything you agreed to initially has been changed.

The father of every lie is the devil so I believe that cheapo is owned by HELL because their practices are extremely deceitful.

I received confirmed Itenarary from Cheapo 5 months ahead of my travel date. 2 months before travelling I instinctively called the airlines to confirm that I would not be left hanging at the airport only to find out that they had booked my husband and I on one flight and my two small kids on a different flight THAT DID NOT EXIST. I then had to pay the change fees plus the additional booking fees and since I had booked so early in order to secure a good price and travelling time 5 months ahead, re-booking that late was a LITERAL NIGHTMARE. I ended up spending approximately $2500 (literally doubling my travel budget) more than I wanted to because I could not wait for a cheaper time period because so much time had elapsed and I could not travel again prior to February which would have been a year for me to re-assign the ticket.

Even their Insurance is fraudulent because when you try to correct things they are not at all helpful. If my earthly life depends on getting a flight with CHEAPO-AIR, my heart is right with God and I will just make a speedy entrance into Eternity....I VOW TODAY THAT I WILL NEVER USE CHEAPO-AIR AGAIN.

The fact that you have to pay before leaving the screen should be a warning bell to all because once you have hit submit you are at their mercy.

I now learn to work directly with the Airline, book early, put on hold for 24 hours and call a customer service representative to help me finalize and even suggest cheaper options.

Tip for consumers: IF YOU SEE CHEAPO GOING ON WAY...GO THE OTHER WAY. THE ORIGINAL BARGAIN WILL COST YOU TOO MUCH AT THE END.

aaronm66
7/4/15

I was desperate for an affordable flight in a pinch and I found it on CheapOair. At first I was skeptical but I soon realized they were reliable.

paulj70
7/4/15

I ALWAYS TAKE TICKET FROM CHEAP"O"AIR BECAUSE THE BEST FARE I CAN GET ONLY FROM CHEAP"O"AIR.....THEIR FARE IS CHEAP BUT THEY ARE NOT CHEAP WITH BEST SERVICE.

karik3
7/3/15

For anything but coach watch them. I purchased $8,000+ business class ticket back April 2015 now Jun 2015 for flying Oct 2015. They changed my ticket from business to coach . I know this is $6000 fare difference. Tried to bump me from first/business aisle seat to back middle seats. Maybe cause I booked my seats directly with Qantas and didn't pay their $$ fee to preselect seats through them. Plus I can't pull up the booking on their website via booking nbr I have use emails they've sent.

lucyac
7/2/15

Always can find cheapest tickets.

asdfg1
7/1/15

My seemingly non refundable tickets were easily refunded through the call center. Be sure to do it in the first 24 hours of purchase, though..

The call center waiting time was 10 minutes, which, I think, is pretty acceptable.

shrikantb
7/1/15

Hello Guys,

This Cheapoair is a fraud and cheater online air ticket selling company. I booked my ticket with this website and I was not allowed to board the flight from Delhi to Montreal with two layovers Franfurt and Paris respectively. They have some inside pct with airlines and they dont provide you full information in the valid right tickets to travel. When contacted their customer service they finished chat intermittently (chat shows at the bottom)

My PNR for the ticket was 3ACT6M. This is just to inform you that I am a valid customer who got cheated by this company. I would suggest you spend some more money for your flight but stay away from this website.

I had discussion with Lufthansa and they told me that cheapoair has done wrong by not informing about the facts for travel. (documents). Being a lay man, we can only understand as much as we have been told but these people are looting us by using this weakness of ours.

hi 3:51 PM

hi 4:05 PM

You are now chatting with Korbin

KORBIN

Thank you for choosing Cheapoair.com. I will be glad to assist you.

All Fares/Charges Quoted on this chat would be the "total price per person".
In case of any technical issues, if our chat gets disconnected, you are advised to chat again at a later time. 4:15 PM

Hello Shrikant ! 4:15 PM

hi 4:15 PM

I need your support in solving a big issue 4:16 PM

against PNR number 3ACT6M 4:16 PM

Alright. 4:16 PM

I booked his ticket from your website 4:17 PM

SHRIKANT
When I went to board the flight today morning, Lufthansa New Delhi did not allow me to board 4:18 PM

saying that I dont have VISA for shenanigans 4:18 PM

SHRIKANT
My destination was Montreal, canada and I do have proper VISA for canada 4:19 PM

Please provide me your booking 08-digits booking number. 4:19 PM

wait a sec plz 4:19 PM

26864168 4:20 PM

Sure. 4:20 PM

KORBIN

May I know your billing address and email address as given in the booking for verification purpose? 4:20 PM

bhaiya.shrikant@gmail.com 4:20 PM

phone number 514 431 7080 4:21 PM

Thank you for the verification Shrikant. 4:22 PM

Please allow me a moment while I check the details for you. 4:22 PM

sure 4:23 PM

I apologize for the long hold. 4:31 PM

not a problem 4:31 PM

KORBIN

Please be informed that if you are traveling with the 02 European countries then you need Schengen Visa. 4:34 PM

Now I know but it was not mentioned by you when you sold me this ticket 4:35 PM

I am not in montreal and now wont be able to join my work on Monday 4:35 PM

SHRIKANT
am not a airline not travel agent not a travel expert i only know that i have my propervisa for canada and which is my destination and where i want to land finally 4:37 PM

KORBIN

Shrikant, I would like to inform you that the tickets is booked by you online on our website and it is your responsibility to check all the terms and conditions for your travel. 4:37 PM

SHRIKANT
dont you think its your duty to mention and ask me that i need someother visa to travel for canada other then canadian vis 4:37 PM

KORBIN

Also, CheapOair is not providing any services for Visa and transit visa. 4:38 PM

SHRIKANT
i know but you should have told or mention in your website during te ticket booking that i need other visas then canadian to travel on this visa 4:39 PM

KORBIN

I apologize for the inconvenience however we are providing the same itineraries which is given by the airlines. 4:42 PM

sir you are not following airlines itieraries 4:43 PM

SHRIKANT
other wise you could have mentioned on your site that we should have visa for the same 4:43 PM

SHRIKANT
as i told you we are just passangers not a airline and not a authority who knows all this 4:44 PM

I certainly understand your concern. 4:45 PM

i dont think that u understand and concern on my matter 4:46 PM

SHRIKANT
isted of solving this issue( which u already can see on my pnr as luftansa delhi put remarks 4:47 PM

u just comming with all different issues 4:47 PM

KORBIN

Please check the below URL for your preference as it is mentioned to verify travel documents (transit visa/entry visa) for the country through which they are transiting and/or entering. 4:49 PM

http://www.cheapoair.com/travel/travel_resources/terms.asp#ADVICE 4:49 PM

there is nothing specific to this issue 4:50 PM

anyone can put this information on their website 4:50 PM

but you know your customers are not travel experts 4:50 PM

SHRIKANT
When I came from Montreal to Delhi, I had a lauover at Frankfurt for which I did not require any IVISA 4:51 PM

KORBIN

Please check the below statement :-

Your transaction with CheapOair does not guarantee entrance to the country of destination. Traveler understands that CheapOair accepts no responsibility for determining passenger's eligibility to enter or transit through any specific country. Information, if any, given by CheapOair's employees must be verified with government authorities. Such information does not imply responsibility on CheapOair's behalf. 4:51 PM

How am i suppose to know when to require VISA 4:51 PM

KORBIN

I already informed you that if you are traveling with the 02 European countries then you need Schengen Visa.
4:51 PM

SHRIKANT
It is cheating your customer by hiding behind this standard line on yur website 4:52 PM

And in return the layover is in Frankfurt and Paris. 4:52 PM

SHRIKANT
Yes, whetever you are saying me right now, you should have told me befoire 4:52 PM

SHRIKANT
If one books ticket on Lufthansa website, they did provide this information 4:52 PM

but you people are cheating us becuase we dont have travel expertise 4:53 PM

KORBIN

I apologize for the inconvenience however it is mentioned that CheapOair will not be responsible for travel documents related issues. 4:53 PM

This does not give you a moral right to cheat us 4:53 PM

now I need a solution from you 4:54 PM

I need to travel to montreal 4:54 PM

being your customer, I expect support from you 4:54 PM

KORBIN

Unfortunately, we are unable to help you as airline denied due to incomplete travel documents. 4:55 PM

Lufthansa told me clearly that you can help me 4:55 PM

Mr Korbin... 4:56 PM

I need to go to work.... 4:56 PM

Please allow me a moment while I check the details with mu help desk. 4:57 PM

*Please allow me a moment while I check the details with my help desk. 4:57 PM

SHRIKANT
so please sharp your pencil and just do some reserch on your system how can you allow me to go out of indian and join my work 4:57 PM

thanks in advance 4:57 PM

I apologize for the long hold once again. 5:14 PM

SHRIKANT
ur welcome sir i am here to solve this issue so can hold for as long as you makeme do so 5:17 PM

I am still working on your itinerary, please be online. 5:19 PM

sure i really appriciate your effort 5:19 PM

Thank you for being online. 5:31 PM

I have checked the details for your booking. 5:31 PM

KORBIN

And as per the airline rules and policies changes not permitted for your reservation. 5:31 PM

so wht should i do 5:32 PM

Unfortunately, w don't have any options. 5:35 PM

are you kidding 5:35 PM

*Unfortunately, we don't have any options. 5:36 PM

how can you make people fool like this 5:36 PM

This is as per the airline rules and policies. 5:36 PM

SHRIKANT
sir i havent received any warning and any msg before this booking asking that if i have vosa for that country then only i can travel 5:37 PM

KORBIN

Please be informed that being a third party travel agency we need to follow the airline rules and policies. 5:37 PM

i booked for montrial and i have valid visa for the said country 5:37 PM

5:37 PM

KORBIN

Shrikant, if you are traveling with the 02 European countries then you need Schengen Visa.

5:38 PM

SHRIKANT
its high time sir i am going to canada and i have canadian visa i no this 5:38 PM

did this you warned before i was booking sir 5:38 PM

5:39 PM

u mean my tkt is wate now 5:39 PM

Is there anything else may I assist you with? 5:39 PM

SHRIKANT
give my tkt refund or suggest me how can i travel by this tkt now it was not a no show at airport 5:40 PM

KORBIN

I apologize for the inconvenience however the tickets are Non-Refundable and changes not permitted. 5:41 PM

sir this is too much of you 5:41 PM

KORBIN

Please contact the airlines directly and check with them, if they can do something for you. 5:41 PM

KORBIN

Being a third party travel agency we need to follow the airline rules and policies.
5:41 PM

SHRIKANT
if you say to go airline then why u not mentioned rules on tkt making site 5:42 PM

SHRIKANT
it mean you should have given clear guidlines before issuing tkts that i need valid visa for e2 5:42 PM

5:43 PM

which i have no interest to travelk 5:43 PM

dont give me that again and again 5:43 PM

i m here for some solution not for complecating issues 5:43 PM

Unfortunately, we don't have any other option available for you. 5:44 PM

KORBIN

Thank you for chatting with CheapOair.com. Have a nice day ahead! Take care & bye. It has been a pleasure assisting you. You may click the Close button on the chat window to close this chat. 5:44 PM

barraguesa
6/30/15

This company has very wrong practices I have never seen before with any other online company ( and I travel quite a lot).

I purchased a flight from New York to Montreal. After an initial search, I could not find a convenient schedule. So, I clicked the option "flexible dates" assuming that the programme would give me different schedule options to choose from, which I did.

Well, this is the trick. It turns out that the options you choose are not really final, even though you think they are and you are prompted to provide your credit card details to make your purchase. Once all the online operation is completed and you close your computer, then programme still looks for the cheapest option within a three-day margin to the dates you provide and picks the cheapest dates by default. An email is then sent to the account I provided (which of course went into my junk mail) with a request to confirm the proposed dates within 24 hours. Otherwise, if they do not hear from you the programme will buy the ticket according to these dates.

As you can imagine, the dates the programme bought for me do not work at all. When I found about this a few days later, I called the phone number provided in the webpage and was informed that this is the way the system works if you mark the "flexible dates" box. They also told me that this information was clearly stated somewhere (which is probably true but probably in such a small font that I do not remember having seen it at all).

In order to get a new ticket with dates that worked for me, I would have to pay a $200 penalty and the difference for changing the dates. After complaining about this, the operator discussed it with a supervisor and the penalty was lifted. However, the difference to be paid was still above 500 dollars, which would round up the purchase to a full amount of $1000 for a New York- Montreal trip!!

I insisted that this practice of having a programme to buy a ticket for you based on travel dates chosen by default is something unheard of and simply not correct. Other companies offering the "flexible dates" option do provide a menu of schedule options to choose from. But the final decision always belongs to the customer, without taking my silence as acquiescence. Otherwise, what defence would I have if for some reason I cannot read the email they send so that I confirm within 24 hours. As I said, the email went to my junk and I only retrieved it after one week...

Even though the date to travel is July 4th, I have already decided to purchase a ticket with another company and forget about this one. Maybe I could get some money back if I cancel it, who knows. But the experience has been to frustrating to try again.

I hope any potential customers will find this information useful, as I would not like them to be misled and tricked the way I was.

viniciusl1
6/29/15

I was going to leave San Francisco and fly to Sao Paulo in Brazil. I had booked a flight with Cheapoair more than 1 month in advance that was going to have a connection in Toronto. When I went to do my check-in I discovered that I needed a visa that I didn't have to get into Canada. After some discussion I ended up losing my flight. But this was my fault. I should have searched more about needing a visa before this day.

The problem with Cheapoair comes next. I called Cheapoair to see what I could do. Now my stress begun, because ALMOST everytime I called them, I had to wait at least 2 minutes of annoying music until I could reach an attendant, and about HALF of the times the dial was missed (before or during talking with an attendant).

Now, the times when I reached an attendant, somethings happened: the first attendant was talking so low and in low energy (keep in mind I was at an airport and was not so easy to hear low voices in my phone), it seemed he was dying and would rather not be working. I had to end the call and try again. Next, when I reached attendants that were helpful and I was in the middle of the call, the dial was missed (happened twice). When I tried getting back to them (I knew their names), I was attended by other attendants and they didn't even knew the names of their work colleagues and weren't able to transfer my call. The fourth time I reached an attendant, I was attended by a woman with heavy Asian accent. I have absolutely nothing against Asian accents, but since English is not my first language and I was in a loud airport, I had a very hard time understanding everything she said. Still I had no choice, and proceeded to obtain her help.

I learned that I had completely lost my flight and money, even though I had purchased travel insurance with them prior. The only thing Cheapoair could do was to book me a new flight and I would have to pay the full price again. No other options. She only offered my two options, both were more than two times more expensive than the flight I had lost (this was understandable since I was purchasing a same-day flight) and I would have to wait about 10 hours in the airport.

I needed to fly that day, so I had to accept my faith and buy another flight. Since I'm from Brazil, the only way I could pay was to use an international credit card. I gave her my card info and then was told that I had to wait for them to verify the card info. They wanted to call my bank in Brazil and check with them, which gave me a lot of work, since THEY MADE ME call my bank first and find someone that could speak English with them.
After I found and passed the information to them, I waited about 2 hours for the woman to call me back (I had no way to call them since I couldn't reach her using Cheapoair's number and nobody knew how to transfer me to her). She told my the card had been accepted and in under 1 hour my flight info would be e-mailed to me. I thought that my nightmare was finally over and I could relax and wait for my flight. After almost 1 hour, I received an automatic call in my phone saying that my card had been rejected. I tried calling Cheapoair about 10 times, but again, infinite minutes waiting with annoying music and missed calls. It was completely impossible to talk with an attendant this time.

I decided to give up on Cheapoair and since I knew my credit card had not been charged, I decided to buy another flight directly with an airline company. The purchase directly with the airline company was extremely simple and easy, AND was almost $1,000 CHEAPER than the flight Cheapoair had offered me earlier! I couldn't believe it! I took this new flight on that same say and finally made it home.

I think I never had a more stressful and negative experience with a company in my life than the one I had with Cheapoair. I wish that no one ever has to go through such a nightmare as I did. In the end, the solution was simple and SO much cheaper: to just buy from the airline company and ignore Cheapoair.

randyr18
6/29/15

On their website it clearly states that I'll get refunded under the Compassion Exception Policy and it clearly says I'll get discounted 100% on cancellation, refunded or changed fees.
I am in the military and am eligible for this but according to them I still had to pay the cancellation fees.
I asked for a cancellation and refund back and was told I would have to pay $359 in total fees and plus whatever fees they had hid up their sleeves.
I spoke to Richard on the phone and he clearly said " Where are you getting this information from?"
Its on the website, he clearly lied to me. I've bought 5 tickets alone this year through cheapoair.
That was my last ticket I'll ever buy from them.
I'll never do business with them again.

Richard thank you for lying to me don't ever let me find you in person.

After I post this up
Cheapoair will pretend to be compassionate and reply to this review that they are sincere.
Blah blah blah
Con artist

richardj49
6/28/15

If my experience is typical, I doubt I will use CheapOair again.

I booked a ticket via CheapO. I was told to expect an email with my ticketing info, at which point I could select a seat. The site also explained that, until I received this confirmation email, the price was not guaranteed, and could rise. This important email was to be expected in about 30 minutes. It is now 6 hours later, and still no email.

I first "chatted" on line with a CheapO rep who told me the delay was because my credit card company had not yet authorized the charge. While the rep waited, I called my card company and they told me: (1) CheapO had not requested authorization; (2) any such request would be granted because my card was good for that amount; and (3) I could give CheapO the card company's customer service phone number and they would immediately authorize the charge. 5 hours later, my card company still had not been contacted by CheapO.

I tried to resolve this over the phone, but got nowhere. I have been on hold as I write this for 65 minutes and counting. The recorded message says to use their online chat or email functions. I tried to start a chat, but was told no one was available to chat and I should try another time. I tried to send an email, but the "submit" button did not work.

6 hours after booking my ticket, I still can't select my seats, and can't be sure I even have a ticket. In the meantime, prices may have risen, and I may have lost opportunities on other sites for cheaper fares.

FOLLOW UP: If finally received my confirmation email -- 8 hours after making my booking. The price was as advertised. In the meantime, I was able to speak to a CheapO rep who helped me with seat assignment -- for a price. He told me that if I paid $14.95, I would be allowed to choose my seats. If I didn't pay that amount, I would have to wait until 24 hours before my travel date. So I paid the money and chose my seats. When I received my ticketing email from CheapO, the message said that I could choose my seats by calling CheapO or using their online seat map. In other words, I didn't have to pay a dime to get what the phone rep charged my $14.95 for. What gives, CheapO? Am I owed a $14.95 refund?

Tip for consumers: I had the most difficulty contacting CheapOair at the end of the business day. Perhaps that is when everyone is off of work and wants to make their travel plans. I suggest contacting CheapO earlier in the day. I can say that, despite my frustrating experience, the CheapO reps were universally polite and tried to be helpful ... I just had a very difficult time reaching them.

sw417
6/28/15

I was trying to find out Air Asia's baggage policy because Cheapoair had a good price. Forget it, the web site doe not work. Then, I called, the phone went to India. So hard for me to understand them. Twice, both of the customer service rep told me they don't see the flight on their computer. Finally I went to Expedia, their website clearly indicated the baggage weight etc. Therefore, my experience is Cheapoair is not ideal for your on-line booking.

briant55
6/25/15

My family wanted to take a summer trip and they rely on me to set up everything, flight, hotel and do the driving. Because the size of my family I had to look for some type of deal, I tried Priceline, it did not work for me so I tried CheapOair.com and found it was people friendly and the prices for hotels and flights were great for my budget. I booked a trip to San Diego, CA . I did not have any issues with hotel ,flight or car...I passed on to my friends how much fun we had and if they plan to travel to use CheapOair..you can't go wrong.

tomw75
6/20/15

Booked and they did an OK job.

tonyf29
6/18/15

My wife bought airline tickets to Tampa, FL for our family of 6 months in advance and paid, in full. Approximately, a month before our departure we get a notice that our flight had been been cancelled and we were booked on a different flight.
1. My wife paid to have all of our seating together. 2. we scheduled to take a red-eye so that we could fly straight through without a layover.
CheapOair decided to NOT put our seating together AND we have a layover in Miami on the return trip.
Customer service couldn't be less helpful nor speak English any worse. The only way we can get seating together, it seems, we'd have to pay more money. Hmmm seems like a scam to me!
I only wish she had told me before using this horrible service, I would have advised against it. The name alone screams distrustful.
They have lost our business for life and I will be certain to review them every where I can. Anything I can do to hurt their bottom line I will.

terrancej8
6/17/15

I tried to book a flight for my friend, was travelling from Greneda to Dominica. it took hell lot of time to get desired date but was never able to get flight at descent timing. no need to show flexible date every time with the search result

patr1866
6/12/15

Have used Cheap o air several times. Found them to have very good rates and prompt service. If there was a problem, they handled it quickly.

waltera7
6/4/15

This is the worst airline booking agent I have ever dealt with. Would never recommend them to anyone except maybe my worst enemy. They very effectively conned me out of $1400 thru lies and deception.. If you want to see their customer satisfaction rating just Google their name. Only about half of their customers are satisfied. That is a FAILING grade..

carolh44
6/3/15

Check, check and re-check the charges. You can get much cheaper flights booking direct with an airline and I am sure much less hassle. Customer service staff are unhelful, incompetent. E-mails are NOT replies to. I will never book with CheapOair again. Overcharged on my credit card - as yet no explanation. I have sent numerous e-mails - no response, have spoken to several customer service staff - all say different. Billing office promised to sort out the problem and ring back - DID NOT.

darreng24
5/31/15

CheapOair erroneously responded to my review. They accused me basically comparing apples to oranges by stating"Refunds are only given within 24 hours of making a reservation. Requesting a refund because the fare has gone down only works when it's the exact same flight, date, time. Darren wanted to change to an earlier flight". Originally I did request a different flight but once I was informed of the penalty, so I requested the same flight, with the new price of less than $100 for each ticket. CheapOAir said that they would not honor that. They claim within 24 they will not assess a fee, but when booking on the website, if you click "free cancellation" the small print says 4 hours with out a fee, another false advertisement. Long story short, I booked 2 flights for $614 combined. The price has since then dropped daily. In fact, the EXACT same flight 72 hours later dropped to $348 combined....almost half. Still, CHEAPoair will not honor the new price and clearly elevated my original booking since the market of flight prices did not fluctuate that greatly with several other booking agencies and domestic flights. Again...stay away. Poor customer service, poor policies, inconsistencies and poor communications make this company a rip off.

alexs260
5/29/15

They share your information after your flight and you receive numerous soliciting calls and texts. I called customer service following that and was hung up on.

ginak6
5/29/15

Ever since I found cheapoair 4-5 years ago, it has always beat out other major flight comparsion sites as well as the airline sites! I have never been disappointed with cheapoair's customer service even when I've had to cancel within the allocated time frame given. The consistency of best prices and service has me always coming back.

ronm55
5/28/15

Frustrating you cannot check in on line. Want to get seats and not an option. Airline doesn't recognize confirmation number nor airport on the wepage. I travel over 60,000 miles a year and wanted to try this web site, not a good option for me and would not purchase through this site again.

jamesp147
5/24/15

So I purchased a ticket and received a confirmation that my payment went through. However a few days later I receive an email saying the payment didn't go through, so I contact them and they tell me just to resend the info, which I do (the same exact info). However now the price is $50 more I ask them to honor the original price and they pretty much tell me too bad not their issue. Congratz cheapOair looking at previous complaints, you've lost yet another customer.

shashidharb
5/23/15

I have been using cheapoair to book my air tickets internationally for past three years. I appreciate their relentless service that they provide and always kept me happy.

vsevolodt
5/22/15

I have booked tickets twice in this year with Cheapoair.
In both cases I called the next day to do changes to my flight. In both cases there was this sudden additional raise in a price ticket of extra $300.00 for no reason.
1) My original ticket price was $1650.00
2) Next day I called to change to a ticket that is $1550.00 and has better time frame.
3) I would even agree to pay the same amount just to have it changed, Instead they ask for $300.00 extra.
I would point out to customer service that there are cheaper options available on their website, but they could not give me that price.

asifk1
5/22/15

I booked a trip to Miami, Florida for my brothers engagement and long story short the itinerary that I booked through the website was not the one that was emailed to me. When I noticed the return flight was different, I called customer service to try and get this corrected. Had to wait on hold 3 different times, when asked to speak to a manager I was put on hold for 35 minutes and then hung up on. Customer service provided zero help, did not even present options that would be feasible for the travel arrangements I was originally looking for. Agents were disrespectful, provided no actual help, did not listen to any concerns I had with the fact that I booked a specific itinerary that I spent 3 hours researching and the return flight I was placed on through cheapoair was at 2 completely different airports adding an additional 4 hours of travel time for me. For anyone looking to save money on flights there are a lot of other vendors that have much better customer service and that have agents that actually provide proper intellect and don't outsource their call centers to other countries to try and save a few bucks.

masakos1
5/22/15

Please be aware that this company has well trained professionals who can charge your credit card more than quoted over the phone legally. This is not ordinary ticket agency. Please read other reviews carefully.
I had very similar experiences as others. I was charged total of $1,000 to purchase the ticket and changing the departure date within 24hours after I purchased the tickets. Once you buy the ticket, they will manipulate you because their writing is unclear. Their confirmation e-mail is well prepared for their lies. I found out later that I was charged $500 extra when I saw my credit card statement. I complained to the company, but I was told that I agreed to pay that amount without explained. I believed the representatives who handle my tickets and I was stupid.
I don't think I can get money back. I hope that other people don't have to go through this terrible experiences. I am not surprised when I read other people's reviews.

richardh95
5/21/15

On hold for over 2 hours and no luck canceling.
Bought insurance and still no help
Bad deal all around

markg107
5/20/15

I was extremely happy with the booking and the competent followup when changes to our flight occurred.

markd93
5/17/15

Avoid this site. You will be ripped off! Horrible experience with website and when I called customer service they were rude and actually hung up on me. Never got an e-mail confirmation of my flight and now, a day later, still have no idea if I have a ticket. Use Expedia or Kayak or anyone else or you will be sorry!

walth3
5/13/15

Easy website to use and great price on my flights and the service center is very helpful. I recommend to anyone looking to book a flight....simple, easy and convenient!

mimem
5/10/15

Don't ever book with this airline because youll be risking that they send you a confirmation and there is no ticket.Apperantly they need 48 hours to confirm your credit card so if you didnt book your ticket a week before you might not have a ticket at all.I had to go back home and miss my flight because cheapoair didnt confirm my booking.They have a big problem woth theor system and are very unreliable specially if someone has an important business trip.I recommend every 1 not to use this site and go with expedia since they have all the flights that this cheap quality website has with reliable 100% confirmed booking

susanh103
5/10/15

Bought ticket a year ago to get needed seat - in front, on aisle. Got assigned seat 42 in back and by window. I get panic attack in back of plane, and need leg room, and cannot get seat changed. Will have to stay in bathroom or walk around for 13 hours. They are good at selling, but dismal on anything else. I think this company does not treat its call center employees well so they do not treat customers well.

Tip for consumers: Well I reached someone at Aer Lingus who changed my seats for $71. I would have paid anything for this as was about to get another ticket on Luftansia. I tried to reach this magical person previously but could not. Thank you Site Jabber if you had anything to do with this.

racquell
5/8/15

I will NEVER use cheapoair.com for any travel needs ever again! They are filled with inept, incompetent, outsourced, rude employees. I tried them for the first time and now my son is stuck in the Philippines! They claim to work with numerous companies but they are clueless about those companies guidelines, regulations and/or rules! I warn you, their name says it all. Cheap service and cheap treatment. Do NOT use them even if they pay you to use their service!

fharag
5/6/15

Never use this company, full of cheating, customer service very rude!!! By mistake I booked one adult tickets one moth before I try to make a change (well within 24 hours) I called them to make changes. I was told that I have to pay the penalty of $275 because it was not on the same day. I was also asked to pay a price difference of 600 .This means that I need to pay a lot for this change well within 24 hours.then Iask for change looking for the same rate one year later ,time in advance and they just say dint find anything ,what im going to louse my noney 1000 . I checked their website and found that the new ticket is even cheaper. They explained to me that to change the ticket is different from to book a new ticket. Listen to me, never use this company,DISTHONEST!!!! i have pictures of my phone waiting 4 hours to get any help and Idint get any atention.

miless18
5/3/15

This is the first time I used CheapOAir.com. I booked a flight from Los Angeles to Bangkok. I got an email about 15 minutes after I booked the flight and saying the request was being processed. I got a little worried when the email also said prices could change before they bought the ticket...that didn't sound good. A few hours later my flight was still "being processed" which really worried me. I used their online chat option and was immediately connected to a rep, who told me their fraud department had tried to contact me. Sure enough, I looked at my phone and had a missed call about 15 minutes earlier from the fraud department. The first time I called them back, I was immediately disconnected after entering my booking number. I called them back again, this time I was immediately connected to rep, no wait time. The man I spoke with had a very thick accent, but i'm pretty good at deciphering accents so for the most part we were able to communicate effectively. He told me he needed to call my bank and verify the card and asked me to hold, I agreed. For some reason (not sure if it was my phone or theirs) we were disconnected. I figured they would call me back after speaking with my bank. They didn't. I did get an email from them saying my flight had been confirmed/booked. I checked on China Airlines website to confirm this, and yep it's booked. I also checked my credit card to ensure they processed the correct amount, which they did. So, CheapOAir is okay, they just fall under my weird but useful category.

qihet
4/26/15

Never use this company, full of cheating, customer service very rude!!! By mistake I booked two adult tickets at 11:00 PM. On the next day at 2:00 PM (well within 24 hours) I called them to make changes. I was told that I have to pay the penalty of $200 each because it was not on the same day. I was also asked to pay a price difference of $171 each. This means that I need to pay $742 for this change well within 24 hours. I checked their website and found that the new ticket is even cheaper. They explained to me that to change the ticket is different from to book a new ticket. Listen to me, never use this company!!!

ebenezerd
4/26/15

First time booking with Cheapoair. Misspelled my email on my itinerary, call customer service, didn't have to wait on hold and a representative was able to help me. Great service

sris7
4/26/15

I struggled 3days with cheapoair customer care people.
1. Customer care people are not giving same information
2. No mails after cancellation or confirmation
3. Charged twice for cancellation and confirmed tickets
Please don't book thru cheap o air I spent 3 days 10 hours but no use

salh8
4/25/15

I called the agency in regards to a change to my flight the same day and state. and they are trying to charge me an extra $200 on top of other fees. I haven't even flown yet and I am already dissatisfied. Poor service, long wait, the people you talk to can hardly speak english, and they kept having me go back and forth to the airline. Never again will I take this route.

tanyak11
4/23/15

I found cheapest price travel international on this website. At first, I was happy to get airline tickets so cheap at a very little time. My mom was sick and want to see my children and me. I book 3 tickets online on March 18, 2015, snd got 1st email. Upon receiving 1st email, it stated that I should get another one on confirming seats and booking. I waited till next day. I called to see if I got tickets or not when Their customer service told me that it was canceled because they couldn't verify with my credit card company. They also told me to rebooking but with higher price which I did it anyway. They told me that I will get a phone call in 50 minutes to confirm tickets. I was afraid that I wouldn't get the tickets and the price would go up again. half a day went by, I made multiple calls and each time their agents told me that the 1st booking was canceled and they still tried to verify the 2nd booking. I was very frustrated, so I canceled a 2nd one. That mean both bookings were canceled. 1st one by them, second one by me. I finally got tickets from other company which can confirmed and sent me e-ticket within 1/2 hrs. A few day went by, I got statement from discover card stated the charge from Cheapoir.com. I called them more than 5 times to solve the issue. The phone will played BUZZ sound after 5 minutes of holding and never get anyone. I called discover card to dispute the transaction. During those times, i tried to contact them via live chat which waiting time was 106 minutes, but I waited. Finally, I got to chat with customer service, but he can't do anything and told me that his boss will called me within 2-3 hours. Noone ever called me. I left to my country the next day. Cheapoair.com kept sent their advertisement and tell to enjoy and how the trip,etc. Desparately, I email multiple times again with no respond. Lastly, I posted on their facebook. I finally got email from them asking me to sent them a copy of my purcased tickets from other agency. They told me to cancel my dispute with discover card, so they can process a full refund of $2202.30. I just got an e-mail from them for refund of $1602.30 that is $600 difference. I still work this out with them and will get my full refund. If I canceled it or change the date, I understand that I will subject to fees, but this is their mistake. It is not right that I have to pay for airline fees when they should be the one. An e-mail stated that refund might be post in different time. I will wait and see if they will post a second refund of $600. I will not let this go free. I should have do research on this company and find this website before I went to buy from them.

dasharas
4/16/15

ChaeapOair.com has made all of my trips a success. Purchasing my ticket through them was the best decision I've ever made while traveling. Even when there was and error during my most recent purchase, one of the agents from cheapoair.com called me personally and discussed with me the problem. They then stayed on the phone with me and searched for a site and found the ticket that was right in my budget! Overall I love cheapoair.com and I will continue to use the site to find cheap airline tickets ! :)

joshl38
4/14/15

Avoid CheapOair. Recently, I purchased 2 flights for $1032. The day after I purchased them, I was informed that they were "unable to issue tickets", despite the transaction being complete, but offered to re-sell me the tickets at $2182. After being the phone with them for over 2 hours, and finally speaking with a supervisor, I was supposed receive a call back (which they never did). Summary: just because you bought tickets doesn't mean you'll get them. Breach of contract with a hint of "bait and switch". Beware!

vijaithaa
4/10/15

I got a special offer of £20 off with a discount code. At the end of the booking there was nowhere to put the code. I waited till the evening just to confirm the payment that had gone through my account. There was no deduction. I would have done the booking directly from qatar airways website (where I was gettin 2.2% cashback through topcashback and i could also use american express where i will get 3% caskback). But if i was getting this £20 off, this was working cheaper. So I went and made this wrong decision of booking through this cheapoair website. When I approached customer care, the lady who attended told that she wont be able to anything for this since it is an online offer and I should have called at the time of booking. There was just 2 seats left. Everytime after a certain time, the page gets expired. So she expects me to contact them after putting the payment details (without that you wont come to know whether you have option to apply for discount)?? so if the page gets expired, you will be very confused about the payment. And moreover, now to enquire about this when i called customer care, i was on waiting for more than 15 mins. So was that practical to call them at that time?? In addition, no appologies nothing. This is definitely cheating!!!

yesseniaa
4/10/15

I brought my flights at cheapoair thinking I was getting the best price I was traveling fron utah to new York for a wedding..the bride told me she was changing the date so I called to change my dates...they told me I was to pay 100 dollars more 50 dollars per ticket more. So I did even tho I had seen online that the flight they offered me was cheaper online then the one I had brought previously. So I was paying 100 dollars more then the price online plus the 100 dollar fee for the changes! Then a day after when I'm going to pay my rent I see I have -200 on my debit card. They charged me for the first tickets and then the full amount when I made the changes! So I was charged twice! AND I Am Left With No Money FOR Rent OR FOR Food! I am really annoyed and upset i started crying when they told me my money would be return from 7-14 business days! I'm hungry mad and my rent is due! Don't buy from cheaoair!

ninab11
4/8/15

I am never making a booking with Cheapoair again. They are very incompetent. I made a flight booking from Cincinnat-Sharjah, UAE in September in which they changed multiple times. Each time they modify your booking, they e-mail you and ask that you confirm. First, they changed the time of my first leg, Cincinnati-Chicago, by about an hour. That was fine with me, so I e-mailed the e-mail address they told me to with "I accept these changes" in the subject line like they told me. I even got what seemed like a confirmation e-mail.

Then, a week before my trip they again change my first like to 6:30 a.m. which I could not do. How inconvenient is that to do to a person? I could not take the earlier flight, so I called and asked about why I had been switched. They had no good explanation for me. So then I called the airline directly and they said I was still on the 6:03 p.m. flight. What the heck? So I call Cheapoair back and first, they don't seem to believe me. I inform them that I spoke to the airline directly and I'm on the flight. "How did they know?" "Um, I gave them my name and they looked it up in their database. I imagine most or all airlines have that sort of thing." "Well, we don't have any information about a 6:03 p.m. flight." "Well, the airline does" as I'm thinking "and I'm pretty sure I trust them more than you." At one point they even suggested the person I spoke to at the airline was incompetent and looking at wrong information. What the heck? FINALLY, after like 20-30 minutes they decide they should call the airline to check on this. After being put on hold for another 20 minutes, they come back and inform me that I am on that 6:03 p.m. flight. They are very sorry.

First, this was a very unnecessary waste of my evening. Two, it seems like they have very incompetent systems and communication with the airlines. I wonder how many other people were screwed over due to similar miscommunications. I am never booking a flight with them again.

okparaa
4/6/15

it was smooth and the services was great checking notice was good

brittanyt7
4/5/15

I have never been hung up on more in my life. It has been a 4 days of me waiting on hold, being transferred and no help in the end. Service over the phone is despicable. I asked if the man thought it was right to leave a customer who spent over 1,000 dollars on their site waiting with no answer for 4 days, and he say..."Yes, ma'am I do"

The suggested change fee was almost double what i purchased the original tickets for, and 200 dollars more than if I NEVER booked with cheapoair.

Cheapoair is not named after prices but after being CHEAP with poor customer service. I will NEVER book again.

Tip for consumers: DONT BOOK

9 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the CheapOair staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: HOW DO I KNOW THAT MY CREDIT CARD WILL NOT BE USED FOR OTHER PURPOSES AND ALSO THAT I WILL RECEIVE THE E-TICKET SINCE YOU ARE THE MOST CHEAP TICKET I FOUND BUT I AM AFRAID I LOOSE MY MONEY
Answer
darlenet6
A: I have used Cheap Air many times over the years and have NEVER (knock on wood) had ANY issues with security. In addition I just print off my confirmation and my ticket has ALWAYS been there. Planning on booking another trip next month! Very happy with my experience with them!
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: if it is a real and legitimate website, since I will surrender my credit card number and pay more than 1,000 usd
Answer
barraguesa
A: In case you have selected "flexible dates" and you do not reply to the email they send you within 24 hours they will end up choosing and buying with your credit card another ticket for you. That is simply not correct. The buyer should have always the last word if they use your credit card.
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the CheapOair staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

4 Coupons for CheapOair

No coupon code needed
Shop now at CheapOair to save!
Go to CheapOair