US Government's NSF

New York, NY 10020

130 Reviews for CheapOair

▼ Sort by: recent

7/30/14

Before I write this report, I've been searching through internet about this Company, (Cheapoair). There are hundreds complaints about schedule change from Cheapoair. It is the time to stop them.

Here are the stories.
I bought three tickets on May 5th 2013 from cheapoair, the flight was supposed to be scheduled as depart on 01/27/2014 and back on 02/19/2014. But instead, my return flight has been change to 02/24/2014.

The airlines had made couple times schedule change for my booking, and cheapoair always send me the email with the link that you can accept the schedule change. I always click the link and accept the schedule change. ALWAYS. On 01/20/2014, they send me an email about schedule change from airlines, but this time doesn't include the link that you can click to accept the schedule change. Instead, the email contain information about schedule change and ask me to call to confirm the schedule change, also if I can't reach them by phone the email said i can simply just reply the email with a "I accept the schedule change" in subject line. Well, at the first time I already have hesitation about this situation, so i decide to call first. The number that I dial was a number for Department of schedule change from cheapoair, which they don't even pick it up for hours. Then I have no choice, but to reply the email with "I accept the schedule change" on the subject line. On January 26 2014 (One day before my flight) an email from cheapoair sent to me and said that they are unable to retrieve my booking, and ask me to call the schedule change department again. Note that 01/26/2014 is Sunday as i remember, the day that the schedule change department is close. I was terrified, shocked. I try to call again and speak with sales department; they finally transfer me to a person who can handle my booking. And He said that my booking is good to go. So then finally I had my flight on 01/27/2014.

Here goes the problem when i supposed to have my return flight on 02/19/2014. We were at the airport and try to check in, but the staff of Saudi Arabian airlines told us that our flight has been moved to 02/24/2014. We were Shocked! There is no way that we will accept that. First, it's 5 days different. 5 days means 5 days accommodation, food, and transportation. 5 days means 5 days wages loss. Secondly, I brought a Senior citizen who needs a medical assistance.

I tried to call cheapoair internationally, but the hold is way too long and it's cost a lot for every second that I’ve been hold on line. So i decided to call my sister in law who live at California to help me to call. She finally transferred to a manager after hours waiting on hold. The Manager offers us a flight on 02/20/2014, and even willing to take care our accommodation and transport. So we accept that! But the terrifying is not end there. On 02/20/2014 morning 6:00 am an email from cheapoair came, and it said that they are unable to give us the flight. Again i have to bother my Sister in law to make another call. This time the manager didn't offer we anything but ask us to pay another $3000 so she can give us a flight that day.

It ridiculous! So we tell her that we going to buy our own tickets from other travel agents, and will take legal actions later. But the manager said that she will try to work with our refund.

We've been fight for our rights almost half of year now. Been made a hundreds calls to cheapoair. They always confuse us with the refund, sometimes they said that we have to call customer representatives to close the "open" tickets so they can refund the tickets, sometimes they said that my booking number is not on the system, sometimes they said that don't have any manager or supervisor available. It's been an exhausting and stressful effort that we gave to this case. Cheapoair said that they already work with the airlines, and they send me a $141 refund as they said that they only can refund the tax that I paid on tickets. I mean, really? $141 it's not even worth for every call that i made to cheapoair.

I think everyone who wrote that complaints about cheapoair in internet need to unite in a group and stop them (CHEAPOAIR) as one. We need to fight for our Consumer rights. For everyone who wants to join me, I am ready! Just send me an email at susanto.jhon@gmail.com and we can go from that. I will probably create a facebook page like “CHEAPOAIR HATERS” or something and we can act as one to sue this company.

Thank you very much.
Susanto Jhon

7/28/14

I will NEVERRRRRRRRRRR book with them again the are the worst people so rude and nasty I currently had a death in the family so the amount of stress from that is enough than calling them to change my flight they were NO HELP AT ALL!!!!!!!

7/24/14

This site is terrible! It even charges you for selecting seats, without telling you ahead of time. I'll never ever use this site again.

7/15/14

I gave cheapoair one star because there is no rating lower than that. I booked France airline ticket through cheapoair and received an E-ticket. I flew to London from Los Angeles with the ticket and everything is ok. But when I came back, I was told by France Airline check-in staff that my seat was booked for one day later than the date shows on my ticket. I had to pay 235 Euro to get a seat like I changed flying date. When I returned home, I called cheapoair for their mistake. Customer service answered my call but let me wait forever after I told them I had a problem with the E-ticket they issued. I tried different customer service numbers of cheapoair and got the same reaction.

7/13/14

Had a wonderful trip at a great price.Much cheaper than everyone we chatted with in our resort.We will be booking again soon.

7/9/14

CheapOAir is okay if everything goes well. 1st time we booked with them to go to france, no problem. 2nd time we booked 4 tickets to go to Nepal for dec 2014, it was a disaster. We booked this flight because of the price and convenient layover times on 2 stops. Then problems started when the times of some of the flights has been changed by airlines due to that we have layover of more than 8 hrs in doha which was not acceptable as we have younger kids. Then we started calling customer service, spent over 4 hrs waiting on 4 calls still problem unsolved. We had no clue which one is our real ticket. Neither they were willing to refund fully nor they were giving any other option to change the flight. Now we are stuck with the flight that is not what we bought for. Every time we call they gave different refund amount. Terrible terrible unprofessional customer service. Please avoid this company.

7/7/14

Bad bad customer service.. I spoke to three different agents and all had different prices in mind for my request to change return date... all i wanted to do is change the return date and so called first guy I talk to tolled me to wait until the trip is in motion and because it will be cheaper and so I did.. when i called back they asked me for 1500 to change dates on 1 trip 2 passengers.. i thought i was a bit high so I asked if I could call back the next day.. when I called back the next day another guy asked me for 4200.00 for the same thing.. triple the amount in one day.. long story short, I had to purchase bran new tickets for my wife and 4 year old completely change the trip and on top of it all my wife and 4 year old have a 15hr layover in Turkey unbelievable how is a 4 year old going to last for 15hrs at a airport.. cheapoair representatives that I spoke to showed no sympathy for my family even tho I have purchased trips worth almost 10K no sympathy no discounts no follow up.. I work in a customer service industry and I tell you this is not a way to treat your customers. I will never go go back to them again.

7/4/14

A long story short, I understand when you make a change in your flights you pay an extra fee. I totally get that, but... when they put another person's name on the ticket that's for you, please help me understand. These clowns still expect you to pay for their mistake and more. If you like throwing your money away... This is the agency for you! They should check for the recorded conversation I had with their customer service rep. While I stated several times is for Dominick... They put Camilla?!? Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong but even when you pronounce those two names they are spelled different and sound nothing alike. Yet, they still expect me to pay extra to fix their mistake. Caution for all travelers! Unsafe! I would not trust them, not even to feed themselves.

6/27/14

Cheapoairline is just terrible. We wanted to change our ticket and called multiple time. Every time you get some indian person on the phone that has no idea what they are doing. The flight cost 1.700$ and than they have the balls to offer you to change a small part of the route for 3000$ when you could buy a whole new ticket for 1500$. That they think you are that stupid is just awful. HORRIBLE booking agency. Be smart and don't buy a flight with them. It's the total rip-off, just to warn you. There are really much better sites around as kayak, tripadvisor and plenty others. Don't let them fool you...You will waste hours and still just run into a wall with whatever you want to accomplish.

6/27/14

I purchased two plane tickets that were non-refundable. The airline changed the flight and that was not acceptable to me, when I called to tell them that I did not agree with the flight change and asked for my money back they first said nothing that they could do, when I called the airline US Airways said that Cheap-o was responsible for refunding the ticket. I called Cheap-O back and after 2hours on the phone they said that they would refund my two tickets. When I called back to see where the refund was they said I would see it soon on my credit card. Then I get a notice from US Airways saying that I have up to a year to use my tickets at a $200 per ticket penalty. That is not a refund. I would encourage NO People to use Cheap-O Airlines. They have poor customer service, they lie, and if you run into a problem they will not resolve the problem. I would give them a -ZERO- but they do not have a ZERO star rating

6/25/14

This business sucks! I put in a date and time for my travel, and when my options came up, I picked the fear I want to pay and gave them my credit card info the date on travel day changed! When I called them up and explained what had happened they said where sorry, but your gonna have to pay anyway, but you can have a sixty day credit with Spirit airlines, I'm sure the airline is good but these people are crooks, I told them I don’t want a credit with this airline I'm trying to get to a wedding on this date! , and not on a date you want me to travel. After about an hour of holding on the phone, and boy they love to put you on hold they finally came on the phone and said that they would give me a total refund, yeah right my credit my credit card was zapped! For the total bill. My advise to you is Kayak.com or bookingbuddy.com or just anyone else but these people good luck.

6/20/14

Booked a flight from Toronto to London. While I was booking, the price had gone up 300% of what it it should have been. Website says you can get a Price match refund for the difference if you call within 4h of booking. I called within 1h. Person I talked to would not give me the price match. They would only cancel and refund, minus $400 of the ticket cost. I have since rebooked with another agent, who said they would refund the additional $400, but I have my doubts as they would not give me any sort of written confirmation.

Update - I now have written confirmation that they will give me a full refund. Only time will tell if this will be reflected on my credit card statements.

6/20/14

CheapOair sent me a confirmation email with incorrect information about the departure time, causing me to miss my flight. The customer service representative was rude and argued with me for an hour, insisting that since the attached PDF with the tickets included the correct time that they were not at fault for the incorrect information in the email. This is absurd. It is completely unacceptable to provide customers with incorrect information, even if "some" of it is correct. They refused to give me a refund initially, and the outsourced customer support representative was stubborn and dense.

Update: after writing this review I was contacted by customer support and issued a refund for the ticket I had to buy at the last minute. Unfortunately I still lost several days of traveling, as I purchased a ticket later in the week for a cheaper price after being told my money would not be refunded. Anyway, the woman on the phone (in the US this time) was kind and I am grateful for the refund.

6/20/14

I made a flight reservation with Cheapoair on 30th May and called in to Cheapoair to CANCEL the booking on the same day we did the reservation. It was stated very clearly FREE CANCELLATION on your website. Firstly, their staff had confirmed my cancellation and promised me that I will get a FULL REFUND in the next 7-14 days. At the point of my cancellation, the amount was not deducted from my bank account yet, it was only being HELD at that point of time. Therefore, I didn't think there will be any deductions since it was just being held and your staff can simply instruct accordingly and make sure no collection was made. However, the following morning I was very disappointed to see a deduction of approximately (USD 481.60) made by Cheapoair from my account on 31st May. Why did this happen? I was constantly put on hold when i tried to call them. I am still waiting for my refund and have made an official complaint to my bank to investigate. Cheapoair has the worse customer service i have ever experienced. Their staff are very inconsiderate and the company just cares about your money and nothing else. I have told all my friends never to trust their website and i am now advising whoever is reading this to not even think about buying from them.

6/9/14

I booked a ticket to Turkey for June 2014 and bought their insurance, and it is next to impossible to get my $ back without a $200 fee charged for the cancellation. The reason for my not going is the water canons, strikes and all of the fighting going on at the moment. I might take a $1500 hit, even with lousy insurance from Stonebridge. (TravelX). DO NOT BOOK THROUGH THEM AT ALL COSTS. READ THE SUPER FINE PRINT., *****Today, June 10, 2014 I spoke with Sr. Management, and I have been given a goodwill store credit of $1488 for travel next June 1, 2015. I wish that I would not have needed to write these bad reviews, but I did tell them that I'd update all of the reviews. After I apply the credit at the end of the year, I will update the review again.*****

6/7/14

I host some Brazilian students attending college in the US and one of them booked a trip through CheapOair. His flight was cancelled by them and they have not refunded his money. They insist that they did not swipe his card, yet he has receipts from his bank reporting the charges against his account. He has not been able to get any additional help from them.

6/3/14

Absolutely horrific experience using this vendor! NEVER, NEVER have anything to do with them. We made a reservation for a ticket 5 days ago, saw that the website gave us flex date and called to cancel reservation within10 to 15 minutes. The customer service rep told us that the cancellation was made, did not give us a confirmation number and assured us that we are good to go and don't need one. The next day when the charge was still on our card we called them again and they confirmed that the flight was cancelled and told us that the refund will get updated in the system within3-6 days. Now 5 days later, my husband has been on the phone with them for 4 hours, they ask us a lot of illegal questions, seemingly give us fake names and tell that our phone call isn't even in their system. Where about 4 pr so people have received from us a screenshot of a call, time, duration made to their company the night we made a cancellation. What a terrible business!!!!

5/28/14

My daughter is a military wife and she was taking military hops to the states. Once she got to states she is responsible for her travel. I booked a flight from San Jose, California to Atlanta, Ga. I selected a flight that took off at 9:51 and arrived at Atlanta airport at 7:13. We live 1 hour and half from airport. I booked flight on Monday for her to fly on Wednesday. What they actually ticketed her for was another flight that arrived at 10:02 P.M. My granddaughter who is 3 years old is also traveling with her. I called CheapOair about the problem. The first call I was sent to another department for booking issues where man told me it was my mistake and hung up on me. Called back asked to speak to Booking Manager was put on hold for 20 minutes no one ever answered call. Called back and spoke to another lady who was somewhat nice but told me it would cost me $200.00 per ticket to make the change to what I had purchased and also that it was my fault that they computers don't make mistakes. It took my daughter approximately 9 days to get to the states with the military hops we looked at these flights so many times and we reviewed the flight as I made the reservation. I have never been treated so badly by a company as this one. I would NEVER advise anyone to use this company. It is like the ole saying you get what you pay for, cheap flights, cheap service. RUN RUN pay a little more it will be worth it.

5/27/14

6. Re: Cheapoair
yesterday, 23:59

21. Re: Cheapo Air

today, 19:22

Cheapoair is not a company you want to buy flights through. I recently bought 2 flights for my new employees arriving from overseas to my home here in Canada. Because of a U.S. immigration technicality, I had to cancel their flights through Cheapoair but chose to rebook through Cheapoair so that my new employees could fly a different route that wouldn't have them touch down in the U.S.A. Cheapoair said that they would arrange a credit for the first flights that were booked and then cancelled. Within the hour I received the credit. The credit said that there was a $0.00 USD cancellation fee and that I had a credit of $876.22 USD for the unused flights. I decided that I would like to use that credit with Cheapoair this coming weekend and fly return from Calgary to San Francisco. When I placed my call I ended up speaking with someone from India. The Cheapoair representative in India said that they didn't have the credit and that I should talk to West Jet because that's where my credit was. I called West Jet and they said that there was no credit with them. I called cheapoair back and ended up speaking with someone in India again. The Cheapoair representative at that time told me that West Jet had in fact refunded my flight back onto MY Visa card. I didn't recall ever seeing a credit on my Visa so I placed a call to Visa to inquire if there ever was a credit that I may have missed. My Visa representative said that there definitely wasn't any refund on my Visa from West Jet or Cheapoair. I called West Jet and they advised me once again that I wasn't in their system anywhere. West Jet advised me that all of their ticket numbers start with "838" and that I should call Cheapoair back and get the flight numbers for my two new employees. At this point I feel like I'm in a game of "piggy in the middle". I don't blame West Jet for this. I call Cheapoair back and once again my call lands in India. The Cheapoair representative confirms two ticket numbers that I can then take back to West Jet. I call West Jet and they CONFIRM that a refund was sent to the visa number that was provided to them by Cheapoair. The problem with the Visa number was that it wasn't my Visa number, but a Visa number that belonged to Cheapoair. I learned this when I called Cheapoair back to advise them that West Jet had already released the money to a Visa card but the Visa card wasn't mine. The Cheapoair representative put me on hold like they had done all day. ON HOLD AGAIN! The representative came back on the phone and confirmed that West Jet IN FACT had refunded the money back to Cheapoair's Visa. I asked when they planned on forwarding it to me. The Cheapoair representative said that two billing cycles (two months) were needed to execute the refund. The Cheapoair representative said that he would have to put me on hold AGAIN so that he could transfer me to their admin department. I held and then got cut off. As you can see in my account of the day so far, I've called Cheapoair several times and found myself on hold for a minimum of five minutes. Then when I do get through to someone, I have to go through all the details again and then guess what? I'm back on hold. I finally insist on speaking to a supervisor from North America. I figure maybe the office in India is too far removed from this American company. I finally get a call from the American office of Cheapoair and they agree that two billing cycles is needed to refund but then recognized that I was well past the two cycles (two months). The representative from Cheapoair takes down all of the details AGAIN and says she will go to her manager with the issue and get back to me. I wait and then finally get a call back. The American Cheapoair representative advises me that the credit they sent me was a credit and not a refund. In short, they got the refund from West Jet but were only "obligated" to give me a credit. I said "fine! Put the credit towards my flight from Calgary to San Francisco that leaves this Thursday and don't delay because there is limited space left and prices keep climbing. The Cheapoair representative then advised me that they refunded within 90 days if I wanted the refund instead of the credit. I asked her what happened to the two billing cycles that I was quoted earlier. She said that she and the people in India were mistaken and that it was a 90 day waiting period for all refunds. The whole time I'm dealing with this Cheapoair representative she's reminding me that she's going to work for me and that she's my friend and that I shouldn't be short on patience with her. She advised me that once again she would have to go to her managers and "fight" for my cause. I waited a few minutes and got the call back from her. This time she pointed out that she would like to apply my credit in place of the refund but couldn't because the ticket's were issued to the two new employees, and pointed out that she recognizes that my Visa bought the flight's, but the credit was for the use of the two employees because it was their name on the ticket and not mine. She said that if I waited another month I would get a refund of $720.00 USD. I asked why I wasn't getting the full $876.22 USD because the refund voucher from Cheapoair CLEARLY stated that I was being charged $0.00 USD for the cancellations of the said tickets. She just mumbled that I had to pay a cancellation fee. So the summary of this experience with Cheapoair is that I have to pay a cancellation fee even though their voucher CLEARLY states that there is no cancellation fee. I have to wait 90 days for a refund that they have long collected from West Jet. In essence Cheapoair is sitting on my money and collecting interest of which I will see none of it. Cheapoair has collected the refund from West Jet but chooses only to give me a credit, but not to me, but to the names of the passengers at that time? In short I'm out of pocket for my flight to San Fransisco this weekend and I may or may not get a refund from Cheapoair. All Cheapoair had to do was apply the money owed to me to the flights I needed this weekend and things would be fine and I wouldn't be adding to the long list of blogs warning people to stay away from doing business with Cheapoair. When I pointed this out to Cheapoair they weren't interested. I plan on reporting Cheapoair to both the BBB and to West Jet. I will NEVER do business with Cheapoair again and I suggest you don't either.

5/27/14

The employees were good and helpful. I was upset because I had booked the seating and didn't get them when we got to our flight. But overall it was good

5/19/14

It was easy as can be to get on, search for the lowest fare and complete travel arrangements quickly.

5/16/14

everything was perfect i had to make make a difficult reservation and the gentelman that helped me made everything so much easier for me and was able to get the flights exactly how i needed them. trying to make reservations when you have a young child is hard but using cheap o air really made it easy affordable and very understandable for me thank you very much

5/13/14

I attempted to book an emergency flight for mymother to travel to see my step father who had been admitted to the hospital. I booked got my booking number waited th suggested 30 minutes for a ticket number to no avail. I then called waited on hold for 40 minutes to be told wait another 30 minutes. Again no ticket number I had placed my phone number on their call back list recieved a call back again I asked for the ticket number this particular representative states wait 3-4 hours for a ticket number.... what happen to 30 mintures I advised that the flight was in less than 12 hours as it is an emergency booking. She then says I will transfer your call to our ticketing deprartment I waited on hold for 1hr49minutes before I hung up to call the normal customer service number waited once again for 43 minutes to find I need to be transfered again to cancel my booking since it seemed I was never getting the ticket number and I were to it wouldn't have been in time for my mother to board the flight. My final transfer the representative Paulette agent number 35091 out of New Deli India said it will only take 3 mintutes for you to get a rep that can cancel you booking so I asked her to hold on the line and warm confernece me she then said I can not do that. I said well I am sure you can hold with me until the promised three mintute hold time is up. Paulettes response well I can not garuntee that will only take three mintures. Well here we go again it will take this long but....... you may be waiting forever!!! Worst customer service experience ever do not use this site!!! Do not book you may never get a ticket number.

5/9/14

Absolutely abysmal site. Ordering was fine, except the fees were much higher with added tax they didn't tell me about. I had to cancel my reservation because I found a better flight with United, and Cheapoair was terrible! I called (10 minute wait) and right after I asked to cancel, the person hung up on me. I tried their online chat twice and right after I asked to cancel my reservation, the customer service representative left the chat. I called again, held again, and the representative told me to just not get on the flight.

5/5/14

Booked a flight for my wife to Toronto. I signed for a charge of $844.89. They charged my credit card $846.68.
The more annoying thing is that they also charged me a service fee of $97.21. This, according to my credit card company, is quite legitimate. This fee is to be found buried in the terms and conditions. Had I been aware of this I would have booked more cheaply directly with the airline.
Take heed everyone. Avoid this company!!!!

4/24/14

Had to book a flight at the last minute due to a death in the family. Flight was a little crowded but we got there in one piece. The flights on the air buses were more comfortable,not as crowded. Would use Cheap o air again.

4/19/14

I went to the site because I was looking for the best price for the times I wanted & really didn't care which airline I'd end up on. I bought my ticket. My sister was booking her flight to the same destination from another location, but after checking at. cheapoair for the flights she wanted, she went to the airlines site to see what price was listed for the same flights. It was at least $50 cheaper at the airlines site. Once she told me that, I checked my airlines site and found the cost of the same flights was $43.00 less! I called cheapo to get a refund of the ticket or at least get them to match it. After 30 minutes on the phone & speaking with 3 different people, I finally got the difference reimbursed. So if you find a flight you like on their site, check the airlines site before you make a purchase. If it's the same or cheaper (of course) go with the airlines; there you can at least select your own seat for free rather than pay extra to cheapo to be able to do it or wait and see what they pick for you for free. Really!

4/14/14

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM. DO NOT. RUN AWAY. THEY BILLED ME HIGHER THAN INVOICE PRICE. WAS ON HOLD WITH THE BILLING DEPARTMENT FOREVER. THEY NEVER ANSWERED. THEY ALSO BILLED ME FOR A BAGGAGE FEE THAT NEVER HAPPENED. AGAIN. RUN AWAY. SHOULD BE CALLED CREAPOAIR.

4/4/14

Do not buy your ticket with them! I have a 5 month hold and they changed my ticket to a 10 hour layover!!!! I bought my ticket with a 2 hour layover, 8 months in advance and I cannot get a hold of them for nothing! I have called about 30 times and have been on hold for hours. I have also emailed and tried chat without any response.
What a nightmare! I don't know what to do!!!

4/1/14

Not sure what all the complaining is about - I bought an Alaska ticket via Cheapoair - everything worked like a charm. The charges came through with Alaska charging me the ticket and Cheapoair simply charging a small fee. I was given a Confirmation Number - set up a Member Account on Alaska - pushed in the Confirm number - and, sure enough, there I was and could manage everything else via Alaska - smooth as silk.

3/28/14

I thought cheapoair.com was excellent except for when I had to go to Spiritairlines to get my boarding pass, it wouldn't let me do it, said i needed a password then it kept rejecting it. I found out by calling cheapoair to call Spiritairlines then i figured it out myself I had to join the Spiritairlines membership or else I couldn't print my borading pass. But all and all I had a great flight and I will recommend this site to my family and friends, the problem wasn't with you it was Spirit Airlines.

3/27/14

Only negative would be if you are not careful you may accidently book for an 'alternative airport' or 'alternative day.' Besides that, the site and service are great.

3/27/14

First time user of Cheapoair.com and I was pleased with the ease of use and the overall service. I will use it again for my travel needs.

3/27/14

Don't use them. Period. Getting through to them is half the battle then they try to extort outrageous change fees. When you say no they use high pressure and threatening tactics. When all else is fails, they offer a lower fee.

3/25/14

Beside that thy make you hold 30 min , The costumer service is well trained robots to say NO to people.When i was booking ticket to Palermo the price change instantly
$100,- up.Two days later the price is$100,- less .So made call to costumer service rep. KINDLY!? answer in this case nobody FORCE you to bay the ticket ,and if i would call back with in 24 hrs. they wold adjust the price but is gone 48 hrs. is lo late.
But if we all purchase the tickets some different site than, this Nasty people ho take Jobs away from as would don't have place to Work .

3/25/14

This cheapoair is a big scam!!! I paid $374 for round trip ticket for my daugther from new orleans to san francisco and not realizing that the returning flight was May30 instead of April 30 so i called the customer service to change the returning date and to my surprise i was charge $390 just to change the f#£%# returning flight to new orleans.. Not only that the person that i talk to from india name Morton was rude he didn't even give any other option i try to get more information from him and all i can hear from him is his rudeness!!!!!

3/23/14

Awful company. We booked tickets home from Vietnam to Australia with this website, who then cancelled our booking without contacting us, and advised us by email. We were in an area outside of mobile reception so we had no idea until we got back an area where we could check emails - a few days before our flight home.
We tried to call them and attempt to fix it up, but wasted $5 and 30 minutes of our time on hold.
When we eventually got through to them the next day, they told us the flight we had originally booked was now unavailable. We had checked online, however, and knew it was still available - they lied to my partner straight out. When we asked if we could be booked on the same flight for the price we originally booked it for, they said no and tried to charge us again for the original flight, at an additional $150 cost to us.
We ended up having to re-arrange our plans and book flights ourselves which got us home at a different time, and ended up in me having to leave some souvenirs I had pre-bought in Hanoi.

TL;DR: This company will $#*! you around, try to get additional money from you wherever possible, and actually cost you money and time where ever possible. Do not use. Ever.

3/22/14

On hold for over 45 minutes without ever getting to speak to a representative. I finally got through 48 hours later! When I spoke to a supervisor (Sherwood) and complained about the excessive wait he said, "that's just how it is." Their customer service can best be described as piss-poor! This is the last time I will use them. My advice to others considering cheapoair is simply this, STAY AWAY!!!

3/22/14

When I tried to book my flight online with "OneTravel", the final price was more than originally stated for the itinerary. I called the 800 number for assistance and was connected with an agent who tried to stall by asking me lots of personal questions. I thought that was really unprofessional and told him I didn't have time to chat. Meanwhile, he told me my flight was no longer available. I told him it was showing up on my computer and he said he could see real time bookings but I could not. I thought that was weird. Then after stalling for a long time, he did a bait and switch and booked me on a flight that was a longer route and with a shorter layover time for the same price. I was concerned about the short layover, but he said the airline would hold the connecting flight if needed. When I received the confirmation email, it actually was sent from CheapOAir. My husband did not like the flight schedule at all and asked me to change it. Reading on their website that I had a 4 hour window to make changes for free, I immediately called back. I was told a change would be an additional $165. Again the agent kept on putting me on hold and stalling for time. I felt very deceived when no matter what flight was offered, it was much more money. I gave up and hung up.

3/19/14

I booked a roundtrip on United Airlines through the CheapO Air website. My return flight was canceled due to fog. The next flight was two days later. I decided to rent a car and drive the 7 hours home. I was told by the airport United agent to contact CheapO to get a refund. At first CheapO told me the refund would show up within a week, then another week, and another week, etc. I kept calling and writing but never got any money back from CheapO. I asked United to intervene and they said they couldn't. However, United was sympathetic. And did refund my checked bag fee of $25. First and last time I'll ever use CheapO Air.

3/17/14

making my online reservation with cheapoair was great the staff were friendly and kind. but for my first international flight I had the worst experience ever. my first flight was canceled and than re scheduled hours later. that was ok but than I traveled with Etihad airways from Chicago to Abu Dubai. we had a emergency landing due to a passenger getting dehydrated which caused a delay. I was fine with that. than another emergency landing due to another passenger getting sick and I herd they are deceased now. we had to land in London and stay the night there than leave the next morning. I was very upset, this was my first international flight and it was not so good. I lost a day of my paid trip in India with my fiancé because of this. on my way back from India I flew with Etihad airways and on the way I had a allergic reaction, the flight attendants were kind and did there best to help me but with allergic reaction being so common you would think they would have medicine like Benadryl on the plane but they didn't, by the time I got to Canada I was in such bad condition, I was hospitalized for 3 days. I feel I deserve some sort of compensation on my plane ticket due to the delays, hassle and loss of my time.

3/15/14

Attention, Cheapoair est une arnaque, une fausse agence de voyage ! Mais la plupart des plaintes sont en anglais. Il est possible que certains passagers soient arrivés à voyager avec cette agence, mais je suspecte que ces témoignages favorables sont truqués, les vrais témoignages, ce sont ceux des gens qui ont perdu leur argent, plus beaucoup de temps à s'énerver, et des grosses factures de téléphone quand ils ont essayé de comprendre ce qui leur arrivait en appelant Cheapoair. Attention, Cheapoair peut essayer de débiter votre compte sous le nom d'une compagnie aérienne, même plusieurs semaines après que vous ayez réservé...

3/5/14

Doesn't the name (CheapOair) sound deafening alarm bells?! It did for me, but I could not deny saving $1,000 (compared to what my travel agent was quoting) was a huge motivating factor. I booked tickets in August for a trip in February; even bought some scammy trip insurance.

I'm never afraid to do leg-work and knew I was going to have to babysit our flights. I started 3 days before embarking. Within 24 hours I learned enough about the airline industry to start my own travel agency (no offense agents). All of our flights were with different carriers, but the "paper" was owned by American. Turns out NONE of our carriers had our flight records in active status and they were considered "exchanged". I was told if we had shown up to the airport we would not have been able to board our plane without straightening out this issue with our "agent" (CheapO).

Over a 7 hour period, I spoke to all three of our carriers (CheapO's hold time was up to 20 minutes each call), each having different issues with our tickets. Then I had to circle back to the agent and then back to all three carriers AGAIN.

Fun facts: 1) CheapOair could not lock in our seat selection because that was "blocked by the airlines". I asked if that was unusual, CheapO said "no". Again, more calls to the airlines, upgrade fees required (an additional $366) in order to guarantee our seats. 2) CheapO's customer service is handled in/by India. I have no problem with that, but there is a language barrier further complicating problem solving.

Air travel always presents challenges; I suggest you leave it to the pros and pay the price. I’m never CheapO’ing again.

3/5/14

Purchased tickets for a flight and at purchase the site informed that baggage included, but when we arrived at the airport the airline charged extra. They claimed we had purchased a certain type of saver ticket, but that name was not mentioned in any communication with cheapoair. Rip off, don't bother.

3/4/14

Note this is cheapoair, not cheapair. Found two unexplained charges from them on my credit card bill. Went back and searched for any fine print somewhere that might explain. Sure enough, they have about 20 pages of tiny print about their "policies" and the fees for "using their website" are listed about halfway down. Of course they know nobody ever actually reads this stuff and they also know nobody would ever expect a fee for simply "using" a website. The fees should appear in normal size print at the top of the homepage. This is a disreputable practice and no one should do business with cheapoair. What a stupid business practice - they fool you once and you'll never do business with them again.

2/27/14

THIS WEBSITE IS A HUGE SCAM!!! I purchase an international ticket worth of over 6k, and they charged me twice for the exact same ticket!! Then when I called, the customer service they kept transferring me to billing dept. who ether hang-up on me or put me to voicemails so many times. When I beg to speak with manage, they put me on hold and never return to the phone. Only middle eastern people on the other line so I don't know where this site is base. I had to have my bank call them to sort the problem. I was ready to cancel my credit card. I would rather pay extra to pay ticket from legit place. DO NOT USE CHEAPOAIR!!

2/27/14

I have checked this site a few times and they have their good deals sometimes..you just have to chech the site periodically. It would be awesome if they provide travel advices and flights to Cuba. A lot of sites online have started doing it already. The flights started from Miami and now there are flights to Cuba from Tampa and Orlando....

2/25/14

Jan 13, 2014 purchased a ticket for winter break. Confirmed. 20 Feb to airport. 10:30 am I have no seat assignment, I was on standby. After scheduled flight left, airline reimbursed for ticket. I am standby for next flight. The ten-thirty pm flight I have a seat. 11:30 the flight is cancelled. There are no seats available the next day. No winter break in Mobile.

2/16/14

Cheapoair did not send a confirmation email of flight. When we arrived at the airport Ryanair charged us an additional £140 and another £30 for baggage - this is not cheap. You are unable to get a response from the 24 hour customer service line. They never respond to emails. Concerned that this company is trading illegally.

2/15/14

We booked our flight Ottawa to Cancun on line. No problems, good price (even though it is an overnight flight). A week later an emergency arose and I had to rebook. The free cancelation of course is not free, so I was prepared to pay the difference.

We were offered the same flight only 2 weeks earlier for an additional fee of 300.00 per person (100.00 rebooking and 200.00 price difference). I was not ready to make the commitment so I told them to hold the seats; but, "no can do, I have the reps from WestJet on line, there are only three seats left" said Alia, if you hang up, you will lose those seats. She even offered to talk to the resort to change my reservation for me!

I stuck to my guns and called three hours later (after talking to the resort), spoke with another person who said the fee will be 196.00 per person FOR THE SAME FLIGHT! no problems with seats this time, however, I noticed that in the email from cheapoair I just received the same flight was advertised for about 10.00 LESS than what we already paid. Oh, no, this is a different booking fee, and you cannot get it, said the agent. I wonder why?

In the end, I paid 588.00 which was better than the first 900.00 they wanted to charge me.

Scam, rip off, will not use again!

The Best Hotel Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber