US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

christinat5

People rate this site negatively for its poor facility, unclear terms of conditions, and inprompt customer service. (in 45 reviews)

melanieg11

Additionally, I received great advice and support to help me choose the best airport/connecting flight to suggest. (in 118 reviews)

jenniferl10

The iPhone app is so easy to use and I got my confirmation email a few minutes after my transaction was complete. (in 9 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

kevinj43
12/18/14

I have always had a good experience with CheapOair. I had a difficult situation trying to get my daughter home from France once and their customer service folks bent over backwards helping us through the situation.

I just booked a flight with them for my son to bring him home from Japan. CheapOair consistently has the best rates. I will not hesitate to use them again.

heatherm45
12/15/14

I have travelled with CHEAPOAir and find their prices unbelievable!
I have travelled, return, from Vancouver, B.C. to Venice, Italy for $ 479 plus taxes and the airlines we used were top notch-WEST JET, AIR ALITALIA, and KLM.
I love using CHEAPOAIR and I am also is the vacation business and recommend to my friends and clients, that they also book with CHEAPOAIR.
Heather Mallory-British Columbia, Canada

Tip for consumers: Booking a flight is easy--when you need to talk to someone on the phone, there is no wait time and concerns are handled promptly.(ie. I was over charged $50 recently on a trip, and the adjustment was made quickly to my charge card.)

rhondat6
12/14/14

I first booked with cheepoair last year, it was so easy and fast that it's my #1 booking site forever! Thank you for taking all the stress out of booking a flight.

francesh28
12/13/14

I have used CheapOair for several years. I travel internationally as well as in the US, and I have found the site easy to use, and offering great prices, and LOTS of flight schedule options. I book my team travel using this site, too. No hidden fees - any fees are put right there for you to easily see.

Tip for consumers: I like using the flexible date option when I can.

crystalb11
12/12/14

Such an easy site to navigate, & very reasonable with pricing!..I will definitely be using them again!

johnm383
12/11/14

I researched the round trip airfare using both airline websites and travel search engines. I was pleasantly surprised at the discount I received by stating my dates were somewhat flexible and only had to change my travel date by one day. I will use this service again and if possible use the flexible date option.

Tip for consumers: Select the flexible date option if possible.

melanieg11
12/10/14

I was really surprised and impressed with the service I received through CheapOair. I had never heard of them and was pleased with the price. Additionally, I received great advice and support to help me choose the best airport/connecting flight to suggest. It was the smoothest trip I have had in a while and it was an international trip!!!

stephanied14
12/9/14

I used cheapoair on a last minute vacation 2,000 miles away, and I was thoroughly impressed. Their website was simple and easy to use, both mobile and desktop versions. I had no trouble with tickets and the price was unbeatable. I have already used cheapoair again and am looking at flights every day! I highly recommend them.

Thanks,
Stephanie D

patrickd14
12/7/14

I would like to thank CheapOair for a wonderful experience in booking my flight to Saltlake City Utah. Everything went as planned and my flight was enjoyable as well!

jsd2
12/7/14

The site is very user friendly, convenient and easy to follow......and helped us get amazing rates. Thanks for making our holiday!

robertr97
12/7/14

my experience was and still is the best that airlines could ever do

staceyk11
12/7/14

Very easy to use. Much cheaper than any other site I researched. I was notified well in advance of a change the airline had made for my flight.

thadr9
12/5/14

CheapOair is my Go-To site for airline booking. The prices are listed with taxes and fees included making it much easier to select the best price!

Tip for consumers: Use the "My dates are flexible" option to find the best price.

johnm378
12/4/14

I always got the best price after checking with other cheap ticket sites. There phone service was very helpful if I needed to make a change or had any questions.

stevew107
12/4/14

Had a great experience booking on Cheap O Air and had an easy to find good fare site and allowed to pick and choose flights.

lynnettem1
12/1/14

Warning: do not do business with this company. Their customer service is horrible. They make constant changes. Here's what happens when you book a ticket with them after you receive confirmation: you'll start receiving multiple emails referring to changes but with no information what the changes are; when you attempt to reach customer service you'll sit on hold for at least 20 minutes, if you are lucky enough to get a live person, they will pass you off to "another department" which will happen over and over because none of their "customer service" reps are empowered to do anything. We will never work with them again.

steveu5
11/29/14

I've used CheapOair a ton, have found it very easy to use, gotten very competitive pricing and there are frequent promotions to take advantage of. Try it!

traceem
11/24/14

I've been a customer of Cheapoair's for over four years now. I've never had a problem in all of the years I've booked with them. They have amazing customer service. They'll email and call you to see how your flight went. 5 stars across the board!!!

Tip for consumers: They usually have coupon codes which helps!

michaela113
11/23/14

Very user friendly website and easy to navigate. Did not take long to find a flight that worked good for me at a very reasonable price. I recommend cheapoair to anyone trying to find an economical flight

shanter2
11/22/14

This was my third time using cheap o air and when i fly again i will continue to purchase my tickets through cheap o air #Lovem to

Tip for consumers: They are very helpful when trying ro book flights

lillianp7
11/21/14

This group is amazing. Given the name, I was expecting no frills, but the opposite occurred.
When I had to change flights, the agent stuck with me until I was convinced I had the best deal, given the situation--she inspired confidence. Also, when I booked another flight, another agent actually called me to tell me the flight had cancelled and again, he stuck with me for a considerable amt of time resolving the issue. Excellent service!!

jacquesb13
11/11/14

bought an international flight with cheapoair.my card was debited twice for an amount of more than$3000,flight was cancelled but cheapoair never informed me .I contacted them for an alternative as it was not convenient I cancelled and according to cheapoair it will take two months or more to be refunded .I can imagine for people less fortunate that they would have to cancel their trip.I booked again with a reputable company .Hope the refund will materialised but will be very reluctant to use this company again. will keep you posted if refunded

katrinan3
11/10/14

UPDATED 11/10/14: Silas, CheapOair from New York called me and very professional able to solved my problem. He said I can use the cheapOair credit for the next trip before its expired 11/2015. Just need to talk to the right person. I will use CheapOair in the future.

Thanks,
Katrina

melissae9
11/9/14

Cheapoair.com has the lowest fares, is easy to use, and delivers what they promise with no hidden costs. They make online travel planning easy; I'll be back!

brunol21
11/8/14

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NONE. BEEN TRYING TO CORRECT LAST NAME & IT IS IMPOSSIBLE, CONTACTED AIRLINES & CANNOT WITHOUT CHEAPAIR CONTACTING THEM. WORST MISTAKE,NEVER USE THEM AGAIN

Tip for consumers: SAVE YOUR SELVES THE HEADACHE. DO NOT USE

jr96
11/3/14

This company lacks integrity, honesty & customer service. After booking international flights for my family of five in June 2014 for fixed travel dates in December2014, our itinerary has been changed six times. Appauling! Each time the change is worse & I relpy to the emails & wait for over 25 minutes on hold only to speak to a rude rep with thick accents thet cant understand what Im calling about! FRUSTRATED!!! Never use this website

Tip for consumers: Dont book unless you're willing to deal with chaos & poor customer service!

catherinep11
10/30/14

The most dishonest company I have ever dealt with. They overcharged my credit card by $200. They said sorry and said I would receive a refund within 7 to 14 days. It has been 4 weeks and counting. When you get to customer service (if you can) all they can tell me is that it is being processed. This is the second time this has happened. Once they have your credit card number they will charge it without your authorization. Stay away from this company.

alicem32
10/24/14

i want to thank Derek for changing our flights as the website was initially confusing about that. I appreciate that we were not charged a $200 fee. thank you. i will use cheap o air again!

kathrynd4
10/21/14

Flight changed without notification (could not continue trip with my husband). Also: offer for discounted hotel associated with flight reservation included hidden fees resulting payment of significantly more than the hotel advertised rate.

Tip for consumers: Avoid the aggravation - Avoid CheapOair!

vilnisb
10/2/14

No customer service whatsoever. I have never been able to talk to a person. Cheapo notified me of a change in flight schedules. I declined to accept changes, and did what was asked of me to get someone to assist me. No response! Have been on hold for over twenty minutes each time I called customer (what a joke) service.
Never in my life have I experienced such a lack of service!

Tip for consumers: Never, never never book through them!

jameso24
9/26/14

Scammers avoid at all costs...
Tried to book a flight to Ireland through their site.. Went through the motions and it was £136 which was fine.. After putting credit card details in it wouldn't accept saying the person travelling needs to use their card, which was my card and I'm flying??
Called helpline and spoke to a man called rosondo. Was told the flight was actually £190, I explained my screen was saying £136, he said would reduce which he did 3 times when I wouldn't accept and said his final offer was £160... Again I explained I went through the process Again and am still getting a price of £136. Agent was at this point rude and told he couldn't help me unless I paid £160.
I refused and went direct to ryan air and got the same flight for £128... This site is a scam and should be avoided, my advice skip these type of companies and go direct to the airline...

Tip for consumers: Do not use

jeanetteh7
9/25/14

This is an appalling company it is surprising they are still operating. I would be very interested in bringing an international Class Action law suit against them to not only bring them to justice and make them responsible and accountable for their actions but also with a view bringing world wide media and social media attention to the way they operate. I would be very interested in others who have the same feelings and would be interested in being part of this process. Pleases express your interest on this web sight thank you. I envisage that facebook would ultimately be a good choice of social networking to ultimately establish the beginnings of this process. Thank you for your support

Tip for consumers: STRONGLY advise anyone NOT to use this company

rudym20
9/15/14

"Honeymoon Disaster!" We planned all of our trip threw this website given confirmation that this would be an all pre-paid trip we figured no worries besides pre registration with flight room etc. Ending our trip in Maui which we had planned a Helicopter Ride around parts of the island we arrived at Maui Air we had thought since they had taken our deposite of $460 dollars in June we pretty much locked in a spot. Nope! They never knew we were showing up cause cheapOair never sent them the request or any info. Sounds funny right? Whelp long story short my wife has been on the phone with customer service for 2hrs and no one wants to be responsible for the money let alone blaming a whole other vendor for their mistake SMH! Thanks CheapOAir more like poor excuse of customer service don't deal with these A$&Holes if you are desperate.....

Tip for consumers: Don't Bother With This Company You Will Regret It!

davidb221
9/8/14

This is a joke airline ticket site!! they will bait and switch you. You will think you are getting a deal, but really its a already clicked box that says your flexible with our dates. What a scam. The best part is when you call them back after 15 mins you think your going to get your funds release; well think again. they will hold your money for 7-14 business days. WOW what a scam!!! This is what they emailed me???
Thank you for choosing CheapOair.com for your travel reservations.

Your reservation with booking # 23542494 made on 09/05/2014 has been cancelled on 09/05/2014.

Any charges or authorizations made to your credit or bank card will be released within 7 – 14 business days.

CheapOair.com.

ronh37
9/7/14

These folks don't know what customer service is. When I called in to make a flight chance I was put on hold (someon answered asked how they could help, listened than please hold) for over 45 minutes before I hung up. I emailed them while on hold which is what they ask you to do and 3 hours later with no one calling me to discuss they closed my request saying it had been resolved. Be careful!!! They're playing a shell game.

jacobv6
9/7/14

These guys are sneaky! We bought two return tickets to South Africa in August 2014 for travel in November 2014. The following day they contacted me to let me know the airline changed the itinerary. The agent was not able to find a flight for the same price that would get me to my destination when I needed it too. While I was on the phone with the agent I pulled up their website to see what I could find. I found a flight with the correct dates for about the same price I paid for the original tickets. What the website displayed was apparently no longer available. I refreshed my browser several times. The same itinerary kept popping up. This means that they lure you with cheap tickets for flights that are no longer available. Once they have your money, they can charge you a cancellation fee or up sell you to a more expensive flight. I am reporting these guys to the BBB.

Tip for consumers: Book your flights somewhere else.

beverlyi1
8/27/14

My daughter is a military wife and she was taking military hops to the states. Once she got to states she is responsible for her travel. I booked a flight from San Jose, California to Atlanta, Ga. I selected a flight that took off at 9:51 and arrived at Atlanta airport at 7:13. We live 1 hour and half from airport. I booked flight on Monday for her to fly on Wednesday. What they actually ticketed her for was another flight that arrived at 10:02 P.M. My granddaughter who is 3 years old is also traveling with her. I called CheapOair about the problem. The first call I was sent to another department for booking issues where man told me it was my mistake and hung up on me. Called back asked to speak to Booking Manager was put on hold for 20 minutes no one ever answered call. Called back and spoke to another lady who was somewhat nice but told me it would cost me $200.00 per ticket to make the change to what I had purchased and also that it was my fault that they computers don't make mistakes. It took my daughter approximately 9 days to get to the states with the military hops we looked at these flights so many times and we reviewed the flight as I made the reservation. I have never been treated so badly by a company as this one. I would NEVER advise anyone to use this company. It is like the ole saying you get what you pay for, cheap flights, cheap service. RUN RUN pay a little more it will be worth it.

Tip for consumers: I feel that you must give credit due when credit is due, after the big problem with my daughter's flight Cheap-O-Air gave me a credit for the flight. The initial experience left me with the worst customer service experience I had ever had but I have to say they stepped up to the plate and did all they could to make things right in this situation.

davidc64
8/25/14

Cheap-o-air are bait and switch experts, and if you ever miss your flight, they make life hell for you, and will give you a refund, in one or two months after you pay an extortion fee of $200.00 for the refund. They won't even take the refund amount and put it towards a different flight. They expect you to just make other flight arrangements with them and wait one to two months for your refund. If they do this to enough people then they can make a lot of interest and using your money to do it. It's a racket. The the first time they did this to me was when I was changing my flight date, and the second time was when an accident on the highway kept me from catching my flight on time. I'm done, and will use KAYAK from now on.

warreni
8/14/14

I made a reservation 6 months in advance for a trip to Kodiak. After cheapoair changed my flight once which wasn't a huge deal I called them to see about returning one day early. It was at least a month before the trip was to take place. After a 40 minute hold I get the full on Indian call center. No big deal other than my rep's English was second grade level at best and as if that wasn't enough it sounds like there was a riot going on inside the office. I press on and explain that my work was cut short and I'd like to come home a day early, the reason is my wife is days, maybe hours away from giving birth to our first child. I also did not mind paying a few bucks extra on top of the 1200 bucks I had already given them in March for an August flight. They could care less. Worst service ever. All I was offered was if I canceled I could get a refund in cheapoair credit good for "most travel"?? Then I could book an entire new trip. Really? Now as I sit in my room in Kodiak(hoping I do not miss the birth of my son) I can't check in to any of my flights online, I have been disconnected from long holds on cheapo's FU hotline twice, and since I went through cheapoair it's like my ticket is covered with the plague when I call an airline directly. Take my advice, just go through the airline directly. If you do use a discount site make sure never to use cheapoair.

peterj51
8/9/14

Deceptive business practice
Late last night (8/6/2014), when I searched for 5 air tickets (4 adults and 4 child) to Beijing China at Cheapoair.com. It showed a price of $ 763.8 per adult and $672.2 per child. After I verified the flight schedule and entered all the passage names, DOBs, home phone number, email address, credit card number, I click the "book" button. I got a message that one of the flights is not available, asking me either go back or start a new search. However, when I went back. All flights on that day displayed “SOLD OUT”. A few minutes late, My home phone rung and a lady from Cheapoair.com was calling me. She asked “what prices are you looking for?” I replied “the price you showed on your website a moment ago” she said “I will see what I can find for you.” She asked me to “wait for 2 minutes”. I was put on hold. After a few minutes, she called back and offered a price of more than $850 per adult for the same flights which were first available on the website then became ‘SOLD OUT”. I responded “Thank you. I will look at other places” She again asked “what prices are you looking for” I answered “not at the price.” She said “I will take to my manager and see lowest price we can offer you.” Again she asked me to “wait for 2 minutes”. I was put on hold. She came back with a price around $800 per person. I didn’t take the offer. Cheapoair.com had no intention to honor the price initially listed on their website. They just use a low price on the website to get people’s information and then they try to charge people a higher price. What a deceptive business practice! What a waste of time! I will not trust them anymore. I am able to book the same flights through a travel agent today.

monicad8
8/7/14

I booked 2 tickets to Tel Aviv, before the current political dangerous situation. As the situation there deteriorated, I tried to cancel my ticket. The tickets were not refundable.. Eventually my flight was cancelled, but they will still not refund me or allow me to use the credit of my ticket for a new ticket. I am very disappointed. I have been calling the customer services of Cheapoair in a daily basis from Istanbul costing me a fortune and 20 hours later no results. I have been twice to the airport when they told me to talk to the airline directly. I will never use cheapoair and I really hope no one else does too. Just my phone bills are double to value of my tickets at this point. VERY DISAPPOINTING AND FRUSTRATING. SCAM.

jhonw2
7/30/14

Before I write this report, I've been searching through internet about this Company, (Cheapoair). There are hundreds complaints about schedule change from Cheapoair. It is the time to stop them.

Here are the stories.
I bought three tickets on May 5th 2013 from cheapoair, the flight was supposed to be scheduled as depart on 01/27/2014 and back on 02/19/2014. But instead, my return flight has been change to 02/24/2014.

The airlines had made couple times schedule change for my booking, and cheapoair always send me the email with the link that you can accept the schedule change. I always click the link and accept the schedule change. ALWAYS. On 01/20/2014, they send me an email about schedule change from airlines, but this time doesn't include the link that you can click to accept the schedule change. Instead, the email contain information about schedule change and ask me to call to confirm the schedule change, also if I can't reach them by phone the email said i can simply just reply the email with a "I accept the schedule change" in subject line. Well, at the first time I already have hesitation about this situation, so i decide to call first. The number that I dial was a number for Department of schedule change from cheapoair, which they don't even pick it up for hours. Then I have no choice, but to reply the email with "I accept the schedule change" on the subject line. On January 26 2014 (One day before my flight) an email from cheapoair sent to me and said that they are unable to retrieve my booking, and ask me to call the schedule change department again. Note that 01/26/2014 is Sunday as i remember, the day that the schedule change department is close. I was terrified, shocked. I try to call again and speak with sales department; they finally transfer me to a person who can handle my booking. And He said that my booking is good to go. So then finally I had my flight on 01/27/2014.

Here goes the problem when i supposed to have my return flight on 02/19/2014. We were at the airport and try to check in, but the staff of Saudi Arabian airlines told us that our flight has been moved to 02/24/2014. We were Shocked! There is no way that we will accept that. First, it's 5 days different. 5 days means 5 days accommodation, food, and transportation. 5 days means 5 days wages loss. Secondly, I brought a Senior citizen who needs a medical assistance.

I tried to call cheapoair internationally, but the hold is way too long and it's cost a lot for every second that I’ve been hold on line. So i decided to call my sister in law who live at California to help me to call. She finally transferred to a manager after hours waiting on hold. The Manager offers us a flight on 02/20/2014, and even willing to take care our accommodation and transport. So we accept that! But the terrifying is not end there. On 02/20/2014 morning 6:00 am an email from cheapoair came, and it said that they are unable to give us the flight. Again i have to bother my Sister in law to make another call. This time the manager didn't offer we anything but ask us to pay another $3000 so she can give us a flight that day.

It ridiculous! So we tell her that we going to buy our own tickets from other travel agents, and will take legal actions later. But the manager said that she will try to work with our refund.

We've been fight for our rights almost half of year now. Been made a hundreds calls to cheapoair. They always confuse us with the refund, sometimes they said that we have to call customer representatives to close the "open" tickets so they can refund the tickets, sometimes they said that my booking number is not on the system, sometimes they said that don't have any manager or supervisor available. It's been an exhausting and stressful effort that we gave to this case. Cheapoair said that they already work with the airlines, and they send me a $141 refund as they said that they only can refund the tax that I paid on tickets. I mean, really? $141 it's not even worth for every call that i made to cheapoair.

I think everyone who wrote that complaints about cheapoair in internet need to unite in a group and stop them (CHEAPOAIR) as one. We need to fight for our Consumer rights. For everyone who wants to join me, I am ready! Just send me an email at susanto.jhon@gmail.com and we can go from that. I will probably create a facebook page like “CHEAPOAIR HATERS” or something and we can act as one to sue this company.

Thank you very much.
Susanto Jhon

londonr1
7/28/14

I will NEVERRRRRRRRRRR book with them again the are the worst people so rude and nasty I currently had a death in the family so the amount of stress from that is enough than calling them to change my flight they were NO HELP AT ALL!!!!!!!

marshally1
7/24/14

This site is terrible! It even charges you for selecting seats, without telling you ahead of time. I'll never ever use this site again.

ling16
7/15/14

I gave cheapoair one star because there is no rating lower than that. I booked France airline ticket through cheapoair and received an E-ticket. I flew to London from Los Angeles with the ticket and everything is ok. But when I came back, I was told by France Airline check-in staff that my seat was booked for one day later than the date shows on my ticket. I had to pay 235 Euro to get a seat like I changed flying date. When I returned home, I called cheapoair for their mistake. Customer service answered my call but let me wait forever after I told them I had a problem with the E-ticket they issued. I tried different customer service numbers of cheapoair and got the same reaction.

kathier
7/13/14

Had a wonderful trip at a great price.Much cheaper than everyone we chatted with in our resort.We will be booking again soon.

reshus
7/9/14

CheapOAir is okay if everything goes well. 1st time we booked with them to go to france, no problem. 2nd time we booked 4 tickets to go to Nepal for dec 2014, it was a disaster. We booked this flight because of the price and convenient layover times on 2 stops. Then problems started when the times of some of the flights has been changed by airlines due to that we have layover of more than 8 hrs in doha which was not acceptable as we have younger kids. Then we started calling customer service, spent over 4 hrs waiting on 4 calls still problem unsolved. We had no clue which one is our real ticket. Neither they were willing to refund fully nor they were giving any other option to change the flight. Now we are stuck with the flight that is not what we bought for. Every time we call they gave different refund amount. Terrible terrible unprofessional customer service. Please avoid this company.

agrona
7/7/14

Bad bad customer service.. I spoke to three different agents and all had different prices in mind for my request to change return date... all i wanted to do is change the return date and so called first guy I talk to tolled me to wait until the trip is in motion and because it will be cheaper and so I did.. when i called back they asked me for 1500 to change dates on 1 trip 2 passengers.. i thought i was a bit high so I asked if I could call back the next day.. when I called back the next day another guy asked me for 4200.00 for the same thing.. triple the amount in one day.. long story short, I had to purchase bran new tickets for my wife and 4 year old completely change the trip and on top of it all my wife and 4 year old have a 15hr layover in Turkey unbelievable how is a 4 year old going to last for 15hrs at a airport.. cheapoair representatives that I spoke to showed no sympathy for my family even tho I have purchased trips worth almost 10K no sympathy no discounts no follow up.. I work in a customer service industry and I tell you this is not a way to treat your customers. I will never go go back to them again.

dominickf8
7/4/14

A long story short, I understand when you make a change in your flights you pay an extra fee. I totally get that, but... when they put another person's name on the ticket that's for you, please help me understand. These clowns still expect you to pay for their mistake and more. If you like throwing your money away... This is the agency for you! They should check for the recorded conversation I had with their customer service rep. While I stated several times is for Dominick... They put Camilla?!? Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong but even when you pronounce those two names they are spelled different and sound nothing alike. Yet, they still expect me to pay extra to fix their mistake. Caution for all travelers! Unsafe! I would not trust them, not even to feed themselves.

internationalt
6/27/14

Cheapoairline is just terrible. We wanted to change our ticket and called multiple time. Every time you get some indian person on the phone that has no idea what they are doing. The flight cost 1.700$ and than they have the balls to offer you to change a small part of the route for 3000$ when you could buy a whole new ticket for 1500$. That they think you are that stupid is just awful. HORRIBLE booking agency. Be smart and don't buy a flight with them. It's the total rip-off, just to warn you. There are really much better sites around as kayak, tripadvisor and plenty others. Don't let them fool you...You will waste hours and still just run into a wall with whatever you want to accomplish.