US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

fayezk

They are easy to use and their customer service is very friendly. (in 73 reviews)

hannahs22

When I needed a last minute flight for a business trip, I found that CheapOair did have the lowest priced flight. (in 177 reviews)

miless18

I also checked my credit card to ensure they processed the correct amount, which they did. (in 25 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

shashidharb
5/23/15

I have been using cheapoair to book my air tickets internationally for past three years. I appreciate their relentless service that they provide and always kept me happy.

vsevolodt
5/22/15

I have booked tickets twice in this year with Cheapoair.
In both cases I called the next day to do changes to my flight. In both cases there was this sudden additional raise in a price ticket of extra $300.00 for no reason.
1) My original ticket price was $1650.00
2) Next day I called to change to a ticket that is $1550.00 and has better time frame.
3) I would even agree to pay the same amount just to have it changed, Instead they ask for $300.00 extra.
I would point out to customer service that there are cheaper options available on their website, but they could not give me that price.

asifk1
5/22/15

I booked a trip to Miami, Florida for my brothers engagement and long story short the itinerary that I booked through the website was not the one that was emailed to me. When I noticed the return flight was different, I called customer service to try and get this corrected. Had to wait on hold 3 different times, when asked to speak to a manager I was put on hold for 35 minutes and then hung up on. Customer service provided zero help, did not even present options that would be feasible for the travel arrangements I was originally looking for. Agents were disrespectful, provided no actual help, did not listen to any concerns I had with the fact that I booked a specific itinerary that I spent 3 hours researching and the return flight I was placed on through cheapoair was at 2 completely different airports adding an additional 4 hours of travel time for me. For anyone looking to save money on flights there are a lot of other vendors that have much better customer service and that have agents that actually provide proper intellect and don't outsource their call centers to other countries to try and save a few bucks.

masakos1
5/22/15

Please be aware that this company has well trained professionals who can charge your credit card more than quoted over the phone legally. This is not ordinary ticket agency. Please read other reviews carefully.
I had very similar experiences as others. I was charged total of $1,000 to purchase the ticket and changing the departure date within 24hours after I purchased the tickets. Once you buy the ticket, they will manipulate you because their writing is unclear. Their confirmation e-mail is well prepared for their lies. I found out later that I was charged $500 extra when I saw my credit card statement. I complained to the company, but I was told that I agreed to pay that amount without explained. I believed the representatives who handle my tickets and I was stupid.
I don't think I can get money back. I hope that other people don't have to go through this terrible experiences. I am not surprised when I read other people's reviews.

richardh95
5/21/15

On hold for over 2 hours and no luck canceling.
Bought insurance and still no help
Bad deal all around

markg107
5/20/15

I was extremely happy with the booking and the competent followup when changes to our flight occurred.

markd93
5/17/15

Avoid this site. You will be ripped off! Horrible experience with website and when I called customer service they were rude and actually hung up on me. Never got an e-mail confirmation of my flight and now, a day later, still have no idea if I have a ticket. Use Expedia or Kayak or anyone else or you will be sorry!

walth3
5/13/15

Easy website to use and great price on my flights and the service center is very helpful. I recommend to anyone looking to book a flight....simple, easy and convenient!

mimem
5/10/15

Don't ever book with this airline because youll be risking that they send you a confirmation and there is no ticket.Apperantly they need 48 hours to confirm your credit card so if you didnt book your ticket a week before you might not have a ticket at all.I had to go back home and miss my flight because cheapoair didnt confirm my booking.They have a big problem woth theor system and are very unreliable specially if someone has an important business trip.I recommend every 1 not to use this site and go with expedia since they have all the flights that this cheap quality website has with reliable 100% confirmed booking

susanh103
5/10/15

Bought ticket a year ago to get needed seat - in front, on aisle. Got assigned seat 42 in back and by window. I get panic attack in back of plane, and need leg room, and cannot get seat changed. Will have to stay in bathroom or walk around for 13 hours. They are good at selling, but dismal on anything else. I think this company does not treat its call center employees well so they do not treat customers well.

Tip for consumers: Well I reached someone at Aer Lingus who changed my seats for $71. I would have paid anything for this as was about to get another ticket on Luftansia. I tried to reach this magical person previously but could not. Thank you Site Jabber if you had anything to do with this.

racquell
5/8/15

I will NEVER use cheapoair.com for any travel needs ever again! They are filled with inept, incompetent, outsourced, rude employees. I tried them for the first time and now my son is stuck in the Philippines! They claim to work with numerous companies but they are clueless about those companies guidelines, regulations and/or rules! I warn you, their name says it all. Cheap service and cheap treatment. Do NOT use them even if they pay you to use their service!

fharag
5/6/15

Never use this company, full of cheating, customer service very rude!!! By mistake I booked one adult tickets one moth before I try to make a change (well within 24 hours) I called them to make changes. I was told that I have to pay the penalty of $275 because it was not on the same day. I was also asked to pay a price difference of 600 .This means that I need to pay a lot for this change well within 24 hours.then Iask for change looking for the same rate one year later ,time in advance and they just say dint find anything ,what im going to louse my noney 1000 . I checked their website and found that the new ticket is even cheaper. They explained to me that to change the ticket is different from to book a new ticket. Listen to me, never use this company,DISTHONEST!!!! i have pictures of my phone waiting 4 hours to get any help and Idint get any atention.

miless18
5/3/15

This is the first time I used CheapOAir.com. I booked a flight from Los Angeles to Bangkok. I got an email about 15 minutes after I booked the flight and saying the request was being processed. I got a little worried when the email also said prices could change before they bought the ticket...that didn't sound good. A few hours later my flight was still "being processed" which really worried me. I used their online chat option and was immediately connected to a rep, who told me their fraud department had tried to contact me. Sure enough, I looked at my phone and had a missed call about 15 minutes earlier from the fraud department. The first time I called them back, I was immediately disconnected after entering my booking number. I called them back again, this time I was immediately connected to rep, no wait time. The man I spoke with had a very thick accent, but i'm pretty good at deciphering accents so for the most part we were able to communicate effectively. He told me he needed to call my bank and verify the card and asked me to hold, I agreed. For some reason (not sure if it was my phone or theirs) we were disconnected. I figured they would call me back after speaking with my bank. They didn't. I did get an email from them saying my flight had been confirmed/booked. I checked on China Airlines website to confirm this, and yep it's booked. I also checked my credit card to ensure they processed the correct amount, which they did. So, CheapOAir is okay, they just fall under my weird but useful category.

qihet
4/26/15

Never use this company, full of cheating, customer service very rude!!! By mistake I booked two adult tickets at 11:00 PM. On the next day at 2:00 PM (well within 24 hours) I called them to make changes. I was told that I have to pay the penalty of $200 each because it was not on the same day. I was also asked to pay a price difference of $171 each. This means that I need to pay $742 for this change well within 24 hours. I checked their website and found that the new ticket is even cheaper. They explained to me that to change the ticket is different from to book a new ticket. Listen to me, never use this company!!!

ebenezerd
4/26/15

First time booking with Cheapoair. Misspelled my email on my itinerary, call customer service, didn't have to wait on hold and a representative was able to help me. Great service

sris7
4/26/15

I struggled 3days with cheapoair customer care people.
1. Customer care people are not giving same information
2. No mails after cancellation or confirmation
3. Charged twice for cancellation and confirmed tickets
Please don't book thru cheap o air I spent 3 days 10 hours but no use

salh8
4/25/15

I called the agency in regards to a change to my flight the same day and state. and they are trying to charge me an extra $200 on top of other fees. I haven't even flown yet and I am already dissatisfied. Poor service, long wait, the people you talk to can hardly speak english, and they kept having me go back and forth to the airline. Never again will I take this route.

tanyak11
4/23/15

I found cheapest price travel international on this website. At first, I was happy to get airline tickets so cheap at a very little time. My mom was sick and want to see my children and me. I book 3 tickets online on March 18, 2015, snd got 1st email. Upon receiving 1st email, it stated that I should get another one on confirming seats and booking. I waited till next day. I called to see if I got tickets or not when Their customer service told me that it was canceled because they couldn't verify with my credit card company. They also told me to rebooking but with higher price which I did it anyway. They told me that I will get a phone call in 50 minutes to confirm tickets. I was afraid that I wouldn't get the tickets and the price would go up again. half a day went by, I made multiple calls and each time their agents told me that the 1st booking was canceled and they still tried to verify the 2nd booking. I was very frustrated, so I canceled a 2nd one. That mean both bookings were canceled. 1st one by them, second one by me. I finally got tickets from other company which can confirmed and sent me e-ticket within 1/2 hrs. A few day went by, I got statement from discover card stated the charge from Cheapoir.com. I called them more than 5 times to solve the issue. The phone will played BUZZ sound after 5 minutes of holding and never get anyone. I called discover card to dispute the transaction. During those times, i tried to contact them via live chat which waiting time was 106 minutes, but I waited. Finally, I got to chat with customer service, but he can't do anything and told me that his boss will called me within 2-3 hours. Noone ever called me. I left to my country the next day. Cheapoair.com kept sent their advertisement and tell to enjoy and how the trip,etc. Desparately, I email multiple times again with no respond. Lastly, I posted on their facebook. I finally got email from them asking me to sent them a copy of my purcased tickets from other agency. They told me to cancel my dispute with discover card, so they can process a full refund of $2202.30. I just got an e-mail from them for refund of $1602.30 that is $600 difference. I still work this out with them and will get my full refund. If I canceled it or change the date, I understand that I will subject to fees, but this is their mistake. It is not right that I have to pay for airline fees when they should be the one. An e-mail stated that refund might be post in different time. I will wait and see if they will post a second refund of $600. I will not let this go free. I should have do research on this company and find this website before I went to buy from them.

dasharas
4/16/15

ChaeapOair.com has made all of my trips a success. Purchasing my ticket through them was the best decision I've ever made while traveling. Even when there was and error during my most recent purchase, one of the agents from cheapoair.com called me personally and discussed with me the problem. They then stayed on the phone with me and searched for a site and found the ticket that was right in my budget! Overall I love cheapoair.com and I will continue to use the site to find cheap airline tickets ! :)

joshl38
4/14/15

Avoid CheapOair. Recently, I purchased 2 flights for $1032. The day after I purchased them, I was informed that they were "unable to issue tickets", despite the transaction being complete, but offered to re-sell me the tickets at $2182. After being the phone with them for over 2 hours, and finally speaking with a supervisor, I was supposed receive a call back (which they never did). Summary: just because you bought tickets doesn't mean you'll get them. Breach of contract with a hint of "bait and switch". Beware!

vijaithaa
4/10/15

I got a special offer of £20 off with a discount code. At the end of the booking there was nowhere to put the code. I waited till the evening just to confirm the payment that had gone through my account. There was no deduction. I would have done the booking directly from qatar airways website (where I was gettin 2.2% cashback through topcashback and i could also use american express where i will get 3% caskback). But if i was getting this £20 off, this was working cheaper. So I went and made this wrong decision of booking through this cheapoair website. When I approached customer care, the lady who attended told that she wont be able to anything for this since it is an online offer and I should have called at the time of booking. There was just 2 seats left. Everytime after a certain time, the page gets expired. So she expects me to contact them after putting the payment details (without that you wont come to know whether you have option to apply for discount)?? so if the page gets expired, you will be very confused about the payment. And moreover, now to enquire about this when i called customer care, i was on waiting for more than 15 mins. So was that practical to call them at that time?? In addition, no appologies nothing. This is definitely cheating!!!

yesseniaa
4/10/15

I brought my flights at cheapoair thinking I was getting the best price I was traveling fron utah to new York for a wedding..the bride told me she was changing the date so I called to change my dates...they told me I was to pay 100 dollars more 50 dollars per ticket more. So I did even tho I had seen online that the flight they offered me was cheaper online then the one I had brought previously. So I was paying 100 dollars more then the price online plus the 100 dollar fee for the changes! Then a day after when I'm going to pay my rent I see I have -200 on my debit card. They charged me for the first tickets and then the full amount when I made the changes! So I was charged twice! AND I Am Left With No Money FOR Rent OR FOR Food! I am really annoyed and upset i started crying when they told me my money would be return from 7-14 business days! I'm hungry mad and my rent is due! Don't buy from cheaoair!

ninab11
4/8/15

I am never making a booking with Cheapoair again. They are very incompetent. I made a flight booking from Cincinnat-Sharjah, UAE in September in which they changed multiple times. Each time they modify your booking, they e-mail you and ask that you confirm. First, they changed the time of my first leg, Cincinnati-Chicago, by about an hour. That was fine with me, so I e-mailed the e-mail address they told me to with "I accept these changes" in the subject line like they told me. I even got what seemed like a confirmation e-mail.

Then, a week before my trip they again change my first like to 6:30 a.m. which I could not do. How inconvenient is that to do to a person? I could not take the earlier flight, so I called and asked about why I had been switched. They had no good explanation for me. So then I called the airline directly and they said I was still on the 6:03 p.m. flight. What the heck? So I call Cheapoair back and first, they don't seem to believe me. I inform them that I spoke to the airline directly and I'm on the flight. "How did they know?" "Um, I gave them my name and they looked it up in their database. I imagine most or all airlines have that sort of thing." "Well, we don't have any information about a 6:03 p.m. flight." "Well, the airline does" as I'm thinking "and I'm pretty sure I trust them more than you." At one point they even suggested the person I spoke to at the airline was incompetent and looking at wrong information. What the heck? FINALLY, after like 20-30 minutes they decide they should call the airline to check on this. After being put on hold for another 20 minutes, they come back and inform me that I am on that 6:03 p.m. flight. They are very sorry.

First, this was a very unnecessary waste of my evening. Two, it seems like they have very incompetent systems and communication with the airlines. I wonder how many other people were screwed over due to similar miscommunications. I am never booking a flight with them again.

okparaa
4/6/15

it was smooth and the services was great checking notice was good

brittanyt7
4/5/15

I have never been hung up on more in my life. It has been a 4 days of me waiting on hold, being transferred and no help in the end. Service over the phone is despicable. I asked if the man thought it was right to leave a customer who spent over 1,000 dollars on their site waiting with no answer for 4 days, and he say..."Yes, ma'am I do"

The suggested change fee was almost double what i purchased the original tickets for, and 200 dollars more than if I NEVER booked with cheapoair.

Cheapoair is not named after prices but after being CHEAP with poor customer service. I will NEVER book again.

Tip for consumers: DONT BOOK

isabelaa
4/4/15

I had no problems with any of the fights, or any trouble with payment. I liked it at all.

paulat7
4/3/15

I have used Cheapoair several times for international flights and have found them to always offer the best price and options. Great price on flights and great customer service-what could be better when you are planing the trip of a lifetime of another everyday business trip.

cesarf6
3/29/15

I am supposed to leave Calgary @ 11:00 PM, now for some reason they change my flight and was given a itinerary that screwed up my last few hours before leaving

averyd9
3/29/15

CheapOair has always been a great experience for me. Easy booking and great customer service!

mmeb
3/28/15

CheapOair tickets are for already overbooked flights often on small, old airplanes. The ONLY reason I got on my flight, in spite of purchasing tickets over a month ahead and setting up seat assignments through CheapOair, was 4 passengers on my flight agreed to get off and about 4 more didn't show up. NOTHING on my Cheapoair booking said I was on standby, NOTHING on my CheapOair booking said my seat assignments were bogus, NOTHING in the follow up phone conversation with a CheapOair agent clarified that I had a next to zero chance of getting on the plane. I was simply sold a ticket for a seat which didn't exist and promised that everything was fine. Since neither I nor my son who I wanted to visit had any flexibility in our work schedules, I almost ended up traveling 1/2 way across the U.S. for nothing. Then the plane for the return flight over the Rockies was so small, so old that its flaps quit working, so after about 30 minutes of a nightmare rollercoaster experience with passengers hyperventilating and gasping, we had to return to the Denver airport for re-scheduling.

Tip for consumers: NEVER BUY CHEAPOAIR TICKETS -- it's too dangerous.

mubaraka
3/27/15

It was a good experience with that web site to book a package for our vacation...

bd28
3/27/15

Had serious problem with my international ticket going from First Class to Coach. Tried getting this sorta out with customer service and they were extremely rude on all occasions. Don't not book with the company - ever!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't ever book with them - ever. If you don't want to be subjected to rude people.

devonb23
3/25/15

Cheap o air is the website I use to buy all my plane tickets. It's the fastest and most hassle free website I've found without all the extra stuff. I'm in the military and I buy tickets home a lot and for my fiancé to come here with me. So I'm buying plane tickets quite frequently and usually short notices.

hannahs22
3/24/15

I heard about CheapOair from an international student at my University. They told me that they book their flights thought CheapOair because the price is always lowest when compared to other sites. When I needed a last minute flight for a business trip, I found that CheapOair did have the lowest priced flight. Not only did I get a great deal on my flight purchase, I got discounted hotel and car rental rates! CheapOair is a great source for people who are looking for a more affordable ways to travel.

bonnieh33
3/23/15

If you're looking for a great way to use affordable travel check out the website at: cheapoair.com. They'll bend over backwards to help you to the best of their ability!

Tip for consumers: Get edu to enjoy a much less expensive trip that was soo-oo-o easy to set up!

kellyw44
3/21/15

I booked my first trip with Cheopoair to see my daughter. We flew from New Mexico to Virginia Beach and the rate was awesome. I compared many other websites and this was by far the best deal out there. We had a great experience with our flights and great customer service. We will always compare Cheapoair first.

Tip for consumers: Be sure to watch the dates as the website will find you the best deal and may change from the date you originally entered.

shuyingg
3/21/15

Very easy to book and customer service is good!

changl5
3/20/15

website is easy to use, price is competitive and I may use it in the future

kayt12
3/19/15

I bought my ticket to Milan months after the rest of the group and since I used Cheapoair, got it for $200 less.

ashrafs2
3/18/15

It was nice and easy

richas5
3/17/15

Awesome experience booking with cheapoair. Cheap fairs guaranteed.

johnk153
3/15/15

I used cheapoair website to find a flight with the best pricing I could find. The website was user-friendly and I was finished in a few minutes. I think they provide high-quality service that other customers will enjoy. I recommend them.

mairelynm
3/14/15

Good service. I will book with cheapOair again!

fayezk
3/11/15

We booked an international flight with Cheapoair.com ... amazing service and price. They are easy to use and their customer service is very friendly. Will use them again for sure.

darlenet5
3/10/15

Cheapoair.com has a very user friendly website. I was able to book my tickets and choose my seats with just a few clicks of the mouse! Checked other sites but over all this WAS the lowest price found! I will use them again!

Tip for consumers: Using the "flexible date" was a great savings for me. I highly recommend it!

jeremyj13
3/10/15

For my first (and last) experience with CheapOAir, I made the mistake of selecting the least expensive tickets that I could find online. I also booked my hotel and rental car through this site. I wish I'd have read some of the reviews first! CheapOAir sold me tickets for a flight itinerary that probably never existed. Instead, I kept receiving emails telling me that my itinerary was going to change. Just before my trip, they notified me that I would have an 18-hour layover in Philadelphia. This caused me to be late to arrive at the car-rental place in San Juan (where they gave my car away), the hotel I already booked in Toa Baja, and I had to pay for another hotel in Philadelphia (yes, I paid for two hotels in one night). I subscribed to CheapOAir's flight updates via text message. The antimalware app on my device alerted me that these text messages contained phishing bots or something like that and instructed me not to open but rather delete them immediately. That was the only time my antimalware app alerted me about anything, and when it did, it was warning me about CheapOAir. Stay away from these charlatans!

Tip for consumers: Steer clear of CheapOAir!

brets13
3/10/15

Fastest easiest way to book a flight and get it at the best price no complaints very satisfied with my experience.

carolinad2
3/9/15

I booked an international flight but had to cancel it, they gave me credit (less the insurance I bought), and they charge you usd$300.00 to re-book. Today 3/6/15 I called them to use my credit, but I wanted to take my son with me, they told me I could only use it for international flights and use it only for myself, I told them that the email I got does not specify if I had to use it on an international flight and does not mention either if the re-booking fee need to be paid separately (they don't take it out of your credit), so I decided to loose all my credit, but I was not going to use only usd$500.00 of my credit, pay them 300.00 separately, loose 800.00 plus buy separate ticket for my son, in other words you have to pay them usd 300.00 to use your credit.

adamosv
3/9/15

I booked my vacation and then tried to book a car rental. I booked a car but the rental company responded that the car was not available. Cheapoair still booked the car and sent me confirmation. I tried to get contact cheapoair's customer service and that was impossible. Then tried the chat on like as they recommended for faster service. Their waiting time was something like 1531 minutes.

ginab27
3/8/15

This site is easy to use. Has some pretty low rates on air. I still compare with other sites. Only down side is that I couldn't find a place to enter my reward number. It also allows you to cancel things like travelers insurance, as long as you do it before your flight takes off.

Tip for consumers: still compare with other sites.

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the CheapOair staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: HOW DO I KNOW THAT MY CREDIT CARD WILL NOT BE USED FOR OTHER PURPOSES AND ALSO THAT I WILL RECEIVE THE E-TICKET SINCE YOU ARE THE MOST CHEAP TICKET I FOUND BUT I AM AFRAID I LOOSE MY MONEY
Answer
darlenet6
A: I have used Cheap Air many times over the years and have NEVER (knock on wood) had ANY issues with security. In addition I just print off my confirmation and my ticket has ALWAYS been there. Planning on booking another trip next month! Very happy with my experience with them!
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: if it is a real and legitimate website, since I will surrender my credit card number and pay more than 1,000 usd
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the CheapOair staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

30 Coupons for CheapOair

No coupon code needed
Shop now at CheapOair to save!
Go to CheapOair