US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

monas17

Fantastic customer service, trained representative with great attitudes! (in 109 reviews)

nickm75

It gave you update about the flight, so I could prepare and manage my trip and make my journey fun. (in 254 reviews)

asdfg1

Be sure to do it in the first 24 hours of purchase, though.. (in 23 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

clairej11
2/6/16

After finding a flight on line with cheapOair and entering my details to purchase the sale price of my desired tickets jumped up by over £800. I exited the site to look elsewhere and immediately received a phone call from CheapOAir asking how they could help me - roughly 9pm. I was on the phone for an hour with them putting me in a state of panic that no flights were available on the dates I needed to travel - every time he checked prices they had gone up but at least £500 each time. They said they looked through the LIVE data and what they offered was the best option. I left the call as i couldn't trust this guy - and immediately found a flight over £700 cheaper than his cheapest offer elsewhere - - glad I didn't provide any details. Wouldn't recommend anybody trust this company.

abhishekm2
2/4/16

I booked the first time & feel the price is very much low as compare to other websites. The service quality & deals are pretty much impressive. Overall i am very much satisfied. Will prefer to book here next time.

alil15
2/4/16

Flight booked, requested a flight schedule change due to illness for my wife and mine later. Initially asked for $485 for a change. Called next day after decision, changed my wife's flight for $125! Call dropped after 35 minz on hold once her changes were confirmed. Later I called again for a change of my own flight schedule and they again asked $450 for one passenger! These are robbers from India and scammers! They even ask what price is on my mind for a change of flight!! I would never trust them again in this lifetime. Cheapoair is Worst than any!

carleny
2/2/16

Do not use cheapoair.com. I purchased a ticket form them. They sent me an email saying my flight was booked. Then 3 days later I got an email that they didn't book my flight and the price has gone up.

I ended up having to use another agency to get a ticket at a comparable cost and add on 14 hours of layover just to find a flight with a comparable ticket.

I called and they did nothing to accept responsibility for their system not booking my flight when I purchased it.

Save yourself a headache and use another website to book tickets. I ended up using Travelocity. No problems. They told me when it was pending, and told me when it was booked. All set. Would have saved myself 14 hours of layovers if I just used them the first round.

clairel24
2/2/16

I've been really disappointed with the service and will never book another flight with them : the transaction was ok, I received a confirmation, and suddenly, a few days later, I received another e-mail, of cancellation, this time, saying that I was the one who cancelled the flight! I then tried to call them. They made me wait for more than one hour on the phone and they finally just hung up on me!! When I tried once more, it was really difficult to get the right department, everybody redirected me to other dpts. When finally I got someone real and ready to answer my questions, I tried to know what happened -maybe my credit card hadn't been accepted?- but there was nothing wrong! They just cancelled without any reason and, of course, the new best fare they could offer me was much more expensive than the initial one! I had to restart all the process of on-line booking...with another agency!
CheapOair : never again!

patriciaj40
2/2/16

Not sure how my husband happened on CheapOair, I think it was through Kayak. Anyway, he made a reservation to go from Austin to Las Vegas. The following even I was checking the airline that we were booked on to see the baggage rates because it was an airline we had never travelled with before. Come to find out our so called Best Price Guarantee was a rip off because while CheapOair had charged us $672.00 ( and that was with a $22.00 promo discount taken off), the airline was only charging $513.00 for the exact same flights. When I called I was told the price must have changed. Yeah, right! I wish I had check the reviews before booking with CheapOair and I know I will NEVER book with them again! Would not have given them one star, but I guess that's the only way to submit my review.

kimt52
2/1/16

Excellent website to book flight ticket. Fast and many cheap flight available.

vickiel6
1/30/16

They charged me for changes made within first 24 hours-the airlines changed flights after booking and it took 5 hours on the phone to make right with cheapoair..cheapoair refused to give refunds when their website showed rates on purchased flights had dropped.

chriss107
1/29/16

It sounded too good to be true because it was!! 86.00 for two seats: EXTRA, luggage 106.00 for two small wheeled bags, and that only because the guy at the check in station at SPIRIT airlines felt sorry for me. It's a big rip off and I will never use them again or fly SPIRIT again.

Christine M. Sheehan

mehdiz2
1/26/16

I tried CheapOair last month for an overseas trip for my family. We had 6 people flying from two different states that needed to be coordinated to meet in Chicago and then fly to Frankfurt Germany. When you first call the phone prompts you for purchasing a ticket, customer service, Etc. I chose purchase a ticket and the phone was answered quickly, they were nice enough and after about 45 minutes of checking flights the agent booked everyone and said he will send the itineraries via email shortly after. When I asked the agent about cancellation fees he said I will have 48 hours to cancel for 100% refund. I received the itineraries a couple of hours later to find out 5 out of 6 passengers had seats and one was left out, and in the fine print it said that I only had 4 hours to cancel the flights otherwise there would be a penalty. When I called them back I was prompted again and I chose customer service which was a much longer wait and I was transferred once or twice, then I was told that they did not have any seats for the 6th passenger next to the rest of the family. At this point I felt that they are not being honest with me and asked to cancel my reservation, I was told that they will refund my money but since they already had to pay the airline it might take a couple of weeks for all of the monies to be refunded a few weeks went by and they had kept approximately 13% of the total sum, and calling them was proving to be fruitless. At this point we had to call American Express and challenge the charges. They where a waste of my time.

adaml62
1/25/16

PEOPLE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND SAVE YOURSELF FROM A LOT OF FRUSTRATION... DO NOT, AND I SAY FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY GUTT... NEVER BOOK HOTELS ROOM THRU THIS SITE!!!!! I NEEDED TO MAKE A CHANGE (SIMPLE CHANGE I.E ADD MY FIANCE) SO SHE CAN CHECK IN FOR US. I WAS TRANSFERRED 4 TIMES THE 1ST, I GOT TIRED AND HUNG UP, TRANSFERRED 4 TIMES THE NEXT DAY!!! ALL FOREIGN INDIANS THAT COULD NOT UNDERSTAND A LICK OF ENGLISH NOR COULD THEY SPEAK IT. PLEASE UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM TELLING YOU.... DO NOT BOOK THRU THIS SITE, CALL THE HOTEL YOURSELF!!!!!

debrab52
1/22/16

I booked 2 tickets to Australia in September, no confirmation email received but luckily I copied my original booking to Word. I have just received an email stating the airline has made major changes to my flights. After being put on hold for over 1/2 an hour I was given minor time changes. I asked about the non existent confirmation email and got "cut off". I called back and spoke to a lady who informed me I was travelling to the USA, which I had allegedly agreed to??!! I told her that was the biggest load of bull and asked her if this was some sort of scam. Suddenly I was travelling to Australia after all. My flight is in June so, after reading all the negative comments, I wait with baited breath...

yumix
1/21/16

I booked a ticket through CheapOair 9 days ago. I selected my seats, made payments, and double checked all the info. A week later, I went online and found out that none of the seats I selected was confirmed. The process of calling CheapOair and American Airline took me 3 hours plus. To skip the details, AA agent told me that she could see my original reservations, but SOMEONE had cancelled them! In the end, I had to pay additional $25 to have a confirmed seat through AA. CheapOair agent told me, believe it or not, "You just have to go to the airport, check in, and request for a seat."

Tip for consumers: Don't use CheapOair!!! (and this is from an experienced traveler)

how637
1/18/16

basically here's how their scam works:

1. book flight on their site (triple checked and confirmed payment)
2. they add an extra fee without clear listing of what ($30+ in my case, did not have to pay this when I booked on Orbitz after this scam)
3. out of nowhere, extra letters were added to flyer's name (other customers on here experienced other information like flight date changed)
4. called customer service, horrible line made it impossible to communicate clearly
5. they want to charge $50 to change information on flight booking
6. decided to canceled, now they want to charge $30+ for canceling (the site states Free Cancellation within 4 hours!!)
7. gave up and paid the $30+ fee for cancellation
8. guess what, the cancellation email has the correct flyer's information, and realized the the extra fee in Step 2 is exactly the same as the cancellation fee
9. booked the exact same flight on Orbitz after and no extra fee
10. THEY JUST WANT TO SCAM YOUR MONEY! be it the extra fee, fee to update info, cancellation fee, or any other fee

BEWARE!

sandrok8
1/17/16

these people screwed in the spelling of the passenger names, after 2 sttempts where i had to be on the phone for 2 hours each time they finally got it correct. at least thats what i thought untill i got to the airport. then i found out that they also screwed up on my returning flight DATE. how much worst could it get? i talked to the supervizer that seemed nice but at the end he said that he couldn't do anything. worst site that i have ever used.

tomorrowh
1/13/16

I booked a flight with CheapOair to Tampa, FL for three people. After selecting the dates, times, and seats and completing the personal information necessary to reserve the tickets, I was prompted to the payment screen. I confirmed the above information and processed my credit card information for a total of $708.00. The confirmation screen popped up and gave my booking number...and here is where things got REALLY, REALLY WEIRD. The dates of my paid trip were suddenly different! Where I had originally intended to travel the 12th through the 15th, my trip was suddenly scheduled for the 9th through the 13!! A pop up screen informed me to call this 800-number if i wanted to change the dates "at no additional charge". (Gee, thanks.) I immediately called the number to ask WTAF?! The employee at CheapOair informed me that in order to change the dates BACK to what I PAID FOR, I would have to pay and additional $150 PER TICKET!! (I would like to insert several rows of exclamation points but it could never full assert my vehemence!) I politely requested the cancellation option and a full refund. (minus the non-refundable service fees, cause they are making a minimum of $100.00 on every sucker like me!) There upon I promptly called my credit card to discuss the charge status of this company. My credit card company showed FOUR charges pending from this company totaling over $1700.00! This was $1000.00 over what the original payment of the tickets cost!! SCAM SCAM SCAM What a horrible, nasty company! Please tell your friends and loved ones DO NOT FALL VICTIM TO THIS COMPANY!!! I wish I had known.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE!! BEWARE! SCAM SCAM SCAM!

kene18
1/13/16

On like the other sites you put the day you what to fly out and return and it come out with the cheaper day but I do not what to fly back home on Christmas so my four day vacation they are trying to make a two days and that at the airport 10 hours with family and the refund part screw you again your not getting it all back. My fault I did not look at the date but do you have to look at the date when you enter it the way you wanted it

adrienneb7
1/12/16

I had booked a Sun Country flight for mid-January through CheapO Air, and had an emergency gallbladder removal surgery that was restricting my ability to fly less than two weeks before my scheduled flight. I called Sun Country and was told that I would need to pay a change fee, but I could apply for a medical waiver, but it would need to be done through CheapO Air. From the first experience with the CheapO Air customer service person, he said he didn't believe that Sun Country had told me that, thought I should pay for an entire ticket again and then apply for travel insurance (I explained that it would fall under their preexisting condition policy), so the change option was the best for us. He kept saying that it wasn't in the fare rules, despite what I had been told by Sun Country. I asked that he call Sun Country to check, and he rudely asked what proof I have that I actually had surgery. He told me that I should have known about this (needing emergency surgery in January) before booking the flights in November. I asked to speak to a manager, and he wanted to know why. He was extremely combative and unhelpful, and said no manager was there and I would have to wait 24 hours for a call back. At this point, nothing has been resolved. Had I booked directly through Sun Country, the ticket would have cost the same and this issue would be resolved. It is bad enough to have a serious emergency health issue, but CheapO Air's unprofessional handling of this manner has been extremely unwarranted. I will never use them again.

Update: Since then, my husband called CheapO Air and was hung up on after being on a call for a long time with a representative. We were told we had no options and the cost of the change fee plus the difference in the ticket price was going to be almost the price of a new ticket. At no time during my husband's phone calls was the medical waiver mentioned as a possibility. Due to this, we made the decision to cancel the flight, since we were told the waiver wouldn't happen. CheapO Air sent an email that they had a request to cancel both of our flights, despite my husband specifically stating his flight was not to be cancelled. He had to call yet again to make sure that only my flight was cancelled. Again, we only cancelled this because we were told the waiver was not a possibility. We were told on the initial call that a manager would be returning our call within 24 hours. We have yet to receive that phone call.

After posting on social media, CheapO responded to my contacts and seemed willing to do a waiver, so I called them back to see if they would make this right. I was on the phone for a long time, the representative called the airline and put me on hold, then the call was disconnected on their end. I got an email from CheapO Air that they tried to contact me, but I was right next to the phone (same as the one provided in the booking) and it never rang.

So, instead of making the situation better after our first point of contact, CheapO Air has now made it exponentially worse. I have full medical documentation and will try going through travel insurance. However, lesson learned--only book directly through the airlines.

rebeccaf27
1/12/16

After booking flights for 5 girls last night and checking and double checking with my husband I sent the booking through, then double checked names and dates of birth and sent card details, within 5 mins they sent me a confirmation which had my date of birth wrong by a month and left a letter of my friend first name. I telephoned straight away to tell them, which was very difficult as he spoke very broken English and did not know the phonetic alphabet. So my friends name is 'Fern' and they had put 'Fer' whilst trying to spell the name he said 'F for Freddy, E for Edward, R for rose and M for melon' to which I replied no 'F for foxtrot, R for romeo, E for echo and N for November', this caused mass confusion and he said he hadn't heard of this name??? I said that doesn't matter as long as you spell it right, I was told all the airlines were shut so to call back today to speak to someone and I wouldn't charged as I had called 5 mins after booking. So I have just got off the phone after a 40 min call to be told it will cost £50 per airline to add the'n'?????? As we are flying out with Monarch and back with Easyjet???? He said it was a human error and this is why they recommend everyone make their booking over the phone???? I pointed out that it took 20 mins to explain to Eustice last night (that couldn't) speak the phonetic alphabet and how would booking over the phone be easier? As I double checked the booking through because I was worried there might be another error he said I had put my own birthday as May not June. I now started to think something fishy was going on, as I say I double checked this with my husband and know that I would not have made my own birthday incorrect. I said to him that I was born in June 39 years ago and I am still born in June now, I simply would not have made this error. He went away for 20 mins and came back with a final offer of £80 to change the mistake???? To be honest I had lost the will to live by now and just said do it but I will be putting this on 'twitter and complaing, he replied that this will not get me any more money off so what the point, I said so that people are made aware of what your scam is and don't make the same mistake as me. Now I have seen this site, he said they had to re issue tickets and make the airlines aware of the changes???? I pointed out that we don't travel til March and I'm printing E-tickets the day before we leave???? I wish I did my homework more and saw that they do this to everyone. If he could go from £100 to £80 in 20 mins why could it not be £0 and they are obviously faking mistakes to get money from everyone, I will be booking directly with the airline as usual next time. So please read this and everyone else's review on this company and steer well clear of the robbing thiefs????........,

mattg47
1/11/16

I called to book a canceled flight, after speaking with a representative about my concerns I was put on hold and the call was disconnected - This occurred another 3 times once I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was extremely polite on every instance. They will rob you blind! If you cancel a flight even with insurance like I had - they will come up with service charges for over $300 dollars - thats most then a flight alone. Once they know you have a credit with them, they will not help what so ever. STAY AWAY!!!!

roberta229
1/10/16

Booked with this airline for the skygreece mess, tried to get a refund for second half of ticket since it wasn't fulfilled. They never responded. Had to get Visa to reimburse me by reversing the charge.

Second time, CheapOAir screwed up on a booking change that they were happy to charge me for, but never completed leaving me and my GF stranded at the airport. They lied, shirked responsibility, played hot potato with my phone calls, and even lied to airline they were supposed to book with to cover their mistakes. Never, ever, ever again.

nubiab
1/10/16

I booked with this site just once and I will never go near them again. They took the booking and sent an itinerary so I thought it was done. Then 2 days before travel they say ticket is not issued because of security check on credit card. My bank confirmed card was fine and they had not stopped payment. Cheapoair were anything but transparent about the cause. eventually after about 2 hours on phone to USA it was sorted - then they said they could not provide the original itinerary so another 2 hours on the phone to get an itinerary that worked. Then they took payment twice. yes double paid. then they didnt issue the ticket even though they told me they had so passenger arrived at checkin to find there was no ticket. another hour on phone and suddenly ticket appears on checkin system. I really don't need that kind of stress. terrible experience. competent people but its an Indian call centre so they work off scripts and there is no discretion or decision making. terrible company.

tanyad12
1/7/16

This company is the worst company ever. I booked my sisters ticket on Dec 30th noticed 5 minutes after that got the ticket for wrong date. Called customer sevice guy changed ticket told me it's same price WON'T be charged anything sent me a confirmation stating that $0 balance.....check my bank statement the next day the fools debited my account for another 303.65 without letting me kno......called them to get my refund have been given the run around.....nowhere withing my conversation with the agent was I told that I was getting debited twice I'm very angry Wil NEVER purchase from this company again

noeliam
1/7/16

EXCELLENT COMPANY, very good service, no delays, loved traveling with them and I recommend it 100%.

evad14
1/7/16

I purchased my flight tickets with Cheapoair online and the price I was quoted was not the price I was charged. I was charged $288 more on my credit card. It took 45 emails, and phone calls to finally get somebody to understand what happened. Every staff member replied to my email with a standard message and it was extremely frustrating to try to explain my situation every time. It wasn't a complex matter, yet they tried to make it seem like the price I ended up paying was the actual price. I finally received a message today to tell me I will be receiving my refund (after 6 weeks of daily emails). I have asked to speak to a manger countless times and nobody was able to provide me with a contact name. I am never dealing with Cheapoair again.

lewisr6
1/7/16

More bad than good experiences with CheapOair. I have stopped using this site.

amberd25
1/7/16

This website is not at all transparent and will not inform you of layovers. I had booked a trip from Edmonton, AB to Sydney, Nova Scotia with one 1 hour and 20 minute layover in Toronto. This is what we booked and what was indicated to me on my itinerary. We ended up stopping in Ottawa, to pick up more passengers, which isn't a big deal, as we did not need to get off the plane and it maybe only added an hour max on the tarmac. What I did have a problem with was the LAYOVER in Halifax as well. None of this was communicated to us, we ended up getting off the plane for a few hours, and then when we finally got to leave, about 20 minutes into our flight from Halifax to Sydney, we had hit a bird (no one’s fault) and had to turn around and make an emergency landing back in Halifax. We were then told a plane would not be available until the following day. I had to rent a car and drive the additional 4 hours to get home. When calling cheap-o-air and upset about being stuck in Halifax, even though we were never to be there in the first place, they were unwilling to help as "a portion of the flights had been used," so they would do nothing to compensate us for all the wasted time (almost an additional 6 hours in the airport, due to additional layovers) and the personal expense of renting a vehicle to get home. They have TERRIBLE customer service, and I will never book a trip with them again.

sarahr90
1/6/16

Please listen to all the negative reviews concerning this company.

Do your diligence and research the flight routes for different airlines. Your bound to find a good deal if your traveling to a location they fly to. Always book directly with the airline. I made the mistake of booking my return flight in a rush from Mexico with Cheapoair. I need to return a day earlier on the exact same flight I originally booked because my partner is sick. The airline was happy to change my flight for the regular change fee ($75-$90) but couldn't do so because they did not have the ticket price information - due to the fact that I'd booked it through Cheapoair.

WestJet couldn't help me (even though the agent really tried - Thank You WestJet!). I had to call Cheapoair. Initially I spoke to their web chat assistance and I've called the service desk as I was appalled when they quoted me $419 to change the flight (the price of a ticket today on that flight) I've been on hold for 30 minutes so far.

I profoundly regret using this company. Please be advised not to make the same mistake. It's robbery.

suy3
1/3/16

They hang up on me all the time and make me wait over hour...

alvinf9
1/2/16

My note to Cheapo this evening:

I was on the phone this evening for over an hour and a half waiting for a response from the alleged "scheduled change team" to which the "billings and refund" people referred me when I called today about why the refund promised for booking 30146769 over a month ago has never arrived.

I spoke to a Cheapo representative on November 26 about Cheapo's note to us indicating that the flight from Hong Kong to Hanoi earlier booked for us on November 29 was no longer available. Cheapo had few options for getting us from Hong Kong to Hanoi, none of them acceptable. The representative added as an option that we could book our own flight for the Hong Kong-Hanoi leg of our trip and Cheapo would reimburse the portion of our charges that related to that flight. We accepted that option and the representative told me that he had entered into the system the request for the Hong Kong to Hanoi part of our flight to be reimbursed. He indicated that the monies should be refunded within two or three days.

Over a month has passed and we have not received a penny. Nor have we had any correspondence initiated by Cheapo.

"Thank you for continuing to hold. A representative will be with you shortly." That message was constant over the hour and a half that I waited for a person to answer. And then, out of the blue, the messag was: "Your call cannot be answered. Please try again." Et cetera.

I expect Cheapo to meet its obligation to refund Ann and myself. Please respond as quickly as possible to this message.

marthac46
1/2/16

Check the dates of the ACTUAL departure and arrival dates. They changed them from my original search dates. They did give me a nice pop up though, after i paid for them to tell me the dates i booked were different than the dates I searched. I then called the customer service # and waited on hold after 10 min I started a chat. The rep left the chat session in the middle of it. Finally, after another 10 min on hold I spoke to a very kind polite man who was able to cancel my flight and issue me a refund. His cust service skills are the only reason this site got 2 stars. DO NOT USE THIS SITE.

perrya10
12/29/15

The absolutely slimiest scumbags I ever dealt with.Lower than whale dung. Customer service ranks lower than the IRS. Listen to all the bad reviews, this company will never do what they claim or say. They are thieves, liars and cheats. I will never deal with them again.

henryr44
12/27/15

Fastest, easy and friendly way to reserve a vacations destination

inaey
12/27/15

I was looking to move a week ahead for my cheapoair.com itinerary depending on the fees I would get charged and wanted to make a decision based on the customer service rep's advice. He recommended me to cancel the flight all together because there is no cancellation fee and rebook the whole flight with the credit. I took his advice and cancelled it and called them later after researching for better deals. What I found was shocking. They canceled only my itinerary and left my husband's itinerary alone even though the booking was for 2 people, let alone I didn't specify them to cancel only mine. They told me I had to pay $200 per person for the rebooking fee and the price difference on the tickets plus $50 cancellation processing fee. After spending 1 and a half with the customer service rep trying to resolve the issue, I told him to hold off on canceling my husband's itinerary for the moment and I would call back again to decide what to do about the whole thing. When I called them again, I found that they canceled my husband's also regardless of what I specifically told him to leave my hushand's itinerary as is. The third guy told me that the ticket was actually refundable with the $600 cancellation fee all together. I was in disbelief and demanded to talk to the manager, and he said someone would call me back within 24 to 48 hours after the investigation. However, I never received a call from them. I called again to go ahead with the $400 rebooking to keep the trip going anyway to end the horrendous drama with cheapoair.com using the credit, and the 4th service rep quoted higher price for the tickets. He told me that I couldn't book the ticket with the price on cheapoair.com at the moment because my booking is "not" freshbooking. He said they go directly into the airline company system so I was not able to utilize the cheaper ticket price online on cheapoair.com. He said the best price he saw was $188 higher than the price on their website at the moment. So I told them I'd rather pay $600 refund fee and get the credit to my card, and he let me know that my ticket was never refundable because I chose future credit. Being left with no other choice, I went ahead with the booking with all the fees. I finally received the changed itinerary via email, but seat assignments were not changed from the original booking. I went to live chat to verify my seat assignments after being so tired of talking to a customer rep for average of 1 hour or more each time, and the agent on the live chat told me I had to pay $144 price difference for seat assignments. Being so frustrated, I called the customer service again to confirm my seat assignments with a person, he told me that my seat assignments would remain the same from the first itinerary. I felt that dealing with cheapoair.com was just purely a waste of time, I called the airline with the confirmation number and found that my husband's info was not there, and it was only for one person. I called cheapoair.com again to see what is really going on, and they said each passenger has their own confirmation number even though I chose seat assignments for all passengers initially. I finally got the second confirmation number for my husband and called the airline again to complete the booking myself. I find cheapoair.com customer service department is a bunch of incompetent people who have no idea of what they are supposed to do. I also find them not fluent in English and they really don't understand what the customer is saying at all. I will never deal with cheapoair.com ever again. This has been a pure nightmare, and I ended up paying for $700 worth of penalty and fare difference when I didn't have to change anything in the first place.

lovendao
12/26/15

Calling to cancel a ticket and while trying to receive information the agent was rather rude.

shanh2
12/26/15

I need to get official invoice for reimbursement after receiving booking confirmation. Following instruction, I called billing office. I waited for more than 20 min, still no one picked up my call.

Questions are:
1. why don't send invoice together with booking confirmation. that would save lots of trouble.
2. why customers need to wait more than 20 min on the phone fore service then get nothing eventually???

oumouk
12/25/15

This is the worst place to ever book a ticket. They don't tell you all the cons it comes with at the airport. On top of that, even with a protection plan and you have a issue, your money would not get refunded back to you. Trying to get in contact with a manger is a huge issue, only for you to be put on hold for about 1 and a half. Just for a representative to come back and tell you that there is no one available to speak to you.

pp40
12/24/15

I am very concerned specially after reading these reviews! I book a flight through Cheapoair on Dec 6th, and I wanted to make sure the booking went through to the airline. I tried to use Cheapoair's Customer Support request form on their website but didn't seem to work. It would be great to know whether booking has happened so I can look at other options before too late and expensive!

Review update - Finally got in touch with Cheapoair, my booking had been cancelled and nobody had notified me about it! I am obviously very disappointed and will make a formal complaint. Not using this website again.

ericb105
12/21/15

Just a couple days ago I was trying to fly back home from Auckland. I got told by the ticket and sales counter that I wouldn't be able to use my ticket because my last name wasn't printed on the boarding pass. Somehow my middle name was the one that was printed on there, which makes no sense because it says on the site to print your name exactly as shown on your passport which is exactly what I did!! You wouldn't even be able too go to the next section on the site if you didn't enter your last name!

Now, I took a picture of my booking just in case something like this would happen but that didn't seem to matter. I Called cheapo air to see if anyone could help me since my flight was leaving in 4 hours. Everyone I was talking too was redirecting me to other people and telling me it was my fault that I didn't check before.I couldn't believe the customer service I was receiving or lack thereof. It was like talking to a brick wall. I had been backpacking for 2 months prior to this and I obviously wasn't looking too see if a computer had made a mistake and didn't put my last name on my ticket!! I can 100 percent guarantee that I entered my last name in the box that says "last name" I even have a picture! But apparently it wasn't enough evidence. To make things worse it even says my last name at the bottom of the itinerary where the e signature is!! I got scammed hard and now I'm out 1100 dollars because of this company.

I've booked over 10 flights in the last 2 months and have never had any issues before I had to deal with this nightmare.I was forced too buy 1500 dollars worth of tickets hours before I was going home because their system is flawed and their customer service is absolute garbage! My original flight back home was 1100 dollars and I couldn't use the ticket because of a mistake that they had made and still won't admit too. You're not even aloud to enter New Zealand without a valid ticket back home unless you have a working visa which I didn't! So how did no one notice that my passport didn't match up with my return flight back home!!!!!

I was lucky to even find a flight back home that day for 1500 dollars. The only reason I did is because the ticket agency felt bad that I had to deal with this mess. They even said to never book with this company again and that this is ridiculous. I strongly recommend anyone that is thinking of using this company too absolutely not. It's not worth the hassle. Looks like I won't be able too afford any Christmas gifts for my family this year! Thanks so much cheapo air.

brettd12
12/20/15

Bought a flight. The AirAsia flight was later cancelled. Cheapoair did not advise me nor could they tell me even two months after it was cancelled. Would not even check the flight for me. It was a bit ridiculous to sell a flight but not take any responsibility for followup. Would not use Cheapoair again.

aileenf1
12/18/15

I just recommend again cheapoair to a friend who's travelling next month and said had no trouble booking h!er ticket. Thanks cheapoair

donnas77
12/17/15

I booked a great price flight and we were very excited that our daughter could come home for CHRISTMAS. CHEAPOAIR later sends an email one to confirm and one to say they could not confirm with airline. I tried to call and after 2 representatives and 30minutes, the flight was unavailable at that price and almost tripled in cost. Still had to give them a password they sent to cancel the flight that they already said was unavailable. No one speaks English either. The website still lists the flight for cheap and then the same flight for triple the cost with only 2 seats left. Do not use this site-they should just go out of business!

annw56
12/17/15

I was charged $150.00 for one way for my luggage. and $100.00 for my return.!!!The same luggage

georgec107
12/16/15

Why has my bank account been debited for my flight insurance and not my flight ticket?

paulc182
12/16/15

Get this: We were told that for $14.95 per person we could pick our seats and that our baggage would be free. When we could not pick our seats from the on-line site, we called back and told "Charles". "Charles" said his supervisor would refund our $14.95 if we agreed to by travel insurance for $50 (Sweet guy!) but that "Steve" was wrong about the luggage and we would be charged. Oh and by the way. it took 24 hours before we could go on line and reserve the four scattered seats that were left. Their English is barely understandable.

renea21
12/13/15

Please listen to the negative reviews. I am HUGE on reciew, why I didn't look this up before?? I honestly was too busy comparing pricing. I am not able to travel a month after I booked, 3 months before my trip. $2600 for two passengers on what was going to be a great trip. Sadly I can't travel due to medical reasons. The airlines say I should be able to cancel no problem, the company however said NON REFUNABLE. I was out on hold for an hour to hear this outcome. Looks like they made money off of me and I am so upset!!! They are a SCAM. They REALLY don't care to help or go out of the way for anything.

krisp31
12/13/15

,,I have used cheapoair many times,,for both domestic flights and international flights,,in countries where English is not the norm,,Russia,Ukraine,China,,it has always been problem free,,,I would highly recommend this site for anyone who searches for the best prices and great service,,thank you cheapoair for being here! !

annap49
12/13/15

We bought 5 tickets to flight from New York to Moscow at the end of May 2016 on Transaero Airlines using Cheapoair website. Couple weeks later Transaero Airlines filed for bankruptcy and couple more weeks later in beginning of October it was announced the tickets for flight after December 15 2015, should be canceled and money should be returned to the customers. Today is December 10th, and we still did not have our money. When you called the service is terrible, you need to stay on line 20 min minimum for each transfer or they said this call is not transferable you need to hang up and dial again. One person told me that the money was already transferd to my account and I need to call my bank. Which was lie!!! Manager, Mrs. Nola, finally told me, that money should come soon, but she refused to tell me transaction date and number, she promised to send me email about this transaction, that money was send. I got an email, but it was not saying that money was send to my account. When I send an email to the billing department of Cheapoair about the situation, they send me back automativ email, that I need to call. Those people are liars, and they tought to lie to costomers. I think even now they did not transfer for me anything, they other trying to still my money or return it as later as possible. Never ever will use this site again!!!!

dianneb16
12/13/15

If I could give negative stars, I would. You don't even deserve one star. We booked a flight for my daughter to come home for Christmas and had to change the incoming flight. After a $35 charge just to make the reservation, a $70 charge, there's also another $13 charge for who knows what. In the process of changing the incoming flight they also changed her outgoing flight from 7pm to 7 am on Christmas Day. Merry Christmas. When I called the guy had a nasty attitude, asking me "didn't you check the email" yeah but I assumed it was still 7 pm cause I didn't ask to change it. Now they're telling me it'll be a $200 fee to fix THEIR mistake! So he said he's sending an email to the guy who made the original change and he'll call me back to explain. I won't hold my breath, I'm pretty sure that call won't come. Your customer service is horrible, it's ridiculous that you change flights you weren't asked to change and then blame me for not reading my email more carefully

muhammada37
12/12/15

I booked 3 tickets through Saudi airlines. They charged in US Dollars (without any mention anywhere). i had to cancel one of the tickets as all of us could not get our holidays approved. they charged me 400 dollars for the refund out of 800 and i still havent recieved my money back after 4 weeks.

Also; they are of no help when it comes to clarification / questions. The itinerary had a 13 hours stay at Jeddah Airport which required Visa for the stay. Cheap-o-air informed about the visa requirement 2 days before the flight and the whole visa approval process for saudi takes 2 weeks minimum. When requested for help on this issue... they simply replied... contact your airline... they can only book a ticket for an airline but will not do anything for you to help.

I sent my daughter and wife on the trip hoping to have a great trip but it turned out to be a disaster for all of us.

NEVER EVER GOING TO USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN

30 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the CheapOair staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
3 weeks ago
Add your answer
3 weeks ago
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the CheapOair staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

6 Photos for CheapOair