US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

christinat5

People rate this site negatively for its poor facility, unclear terms of conditions, and inprompt customer service. (in 58 reviews)

miguela18

Looking for a quick flight booking with cheapOair is as easy as 1-2-3. (in 155 reviews)

jenniferl10

The iPhone app is so easy to use and I got my confirmation email a few minutes after my transaction was complete. (in 10 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

cesarf6
3/29/15

I am supposed to leave Calgary @ 11:00 PM, now for some reason they change my flight and was given a itinerary that screwed up my last few hours before leaving

mmeb
3/28/15

CheapOair tickets are for already overbooked flights often on small, old airplanes. The ONLY reason I got on my flight, in spite of purchasing tickets over a month ahead and setting up seat assignments through CheapOair, was 4 passengers on my flight agreed to get off and about 4 more didn't show up. NOTHING on my Cheapoair booking said I was on standby, NOTHING on my CheapOair booking said my seat assignments were bogus, NOTHING in the follow up phone conversation with a CheapOair agent clarified that I had a next to zero chance of getting on the plane. I was simply sold a ticket for a seat which didn't exist and promised that everything was fine. Since neither I nor my son who I wanted to visit had any flexibility in our work schedules, I almost ended up traveling 1/2 way across the U.S. for nothing. Then the plane for the return flight over the Rockies was so small, so old that its flaps quit working, so after about 30 minutes of a nightmare rollercoaster experience with passengers hyperventilating and gasping, we had to return to the Denver airport for re-scheduling.

Tip for consumers: NEVER BUY CHEAPOAIR TICKETS -- it's too dangerous.

bd28
3/27/15

Had serious problem with my international ticket going from First Class to Coach. Tried getting this sorta out with customer service and they were extremely rude on all occasions. Don't not book with the company - ever!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't ever book with them - ever. If you don't want to be subjected to rude people.

devonb23
3/25/15

Cheap o air is the website I use to buy all my plane tickets. It's the fastest and most hassle free website I've found without all the extra stuff. I'm in the military and I buy tickets home a lot and for my fiancé to come here with me. So I'm buying plane tickets quite frequently and usually short notices.

hannahs22
3/24/15

I heard about CheapOair from an international student at my University. They told me that they book their flights thought CheapOair because the price is always lowest when compared to other sites. When I needed a last minute flight for a business trip, I found that CheapOair did have the lowest priced flight. Not only did I get a great deal on my flight purchase, I got discounted hotel and car rental rates! CheapOair is a great source for people who are looking for a more affordable ways to travel.

bonnieh33
3/23/15

If you're looking for a great way to use affordable travel check out the website at: cheapoair.com. They'll bend over backwards to help you to the best of their ability!

Tip for consumers: Get edu to enjoy a much less expensive trip that was soo-oo-o easy to set up!

kellyw44
3/21/15

I booked my first trip with Cheopoair to see my daughter. We flew from New Mexico to Virginia Beach and the rate was awesome. I compared many other websites and this was by far the best deal out there. We had a great experience with our flights and great customer service. We will always compare Cheapoair first.

Tip for consumers: Be sure to watch the dates as the website will find you the best deal and may change from the date you originally entered.

kayt12
3/19/15

I bought my ticket to Milan months after the rest of the group and since I used Cheapoair, got it for $200 less.

johnk153
3/15/15

I used cheapoair website to find a flight with the best pricing I could find. The website was user-friendly and I was finished in a few minutes. I think they provide high-quality service that other customers will enjoy. I recommend them.

fayezk
3/11/15

We booked an international flight with Cheapoair.com ... amazing service and price. They are easy to use and their customer service is very friendly. Will use them again for sure.

darlenet5
3/10/15

Cheapoair.com has a very user friendly website. I was able to book my tickets and choose my seats with just a few clicks of the mouse! Checked other sites but over all this WAS the lowest price found! I will use them again!

Tip for consumers: Using the "flexible date" was a great savings for me. I highly recommend it!

jeremyj13
3/10/15

For my first (and last) experience with CheapOAir, I made the mistake of selecting the least expensive tickets that I could find online. I also booked my hotel and rental car through this site. I wish I'd have read some of the reviews first! CheapOAir sold me tickets for a flight itinerary that probably never existed. Instead, I kept receiving emails telling me that my itinerary was going to change. Just before my trip, they notified me that I would have an 18-hour layover in Philadelphia. This caused me to be late to arrive at the car-rental place in San Juan (where they gave my car away), the hotel I already booked in Toa Baja, and I had to pay for another hotel in Philadelphia (yes, I paid for two hotels in one night). I subscribed to CheapOAir's flight updates via text message. The antimalware app on my device alerted me that these text messages contained phishing bots or something like that and instructed me not to open but rather delete them immediately. That was the only time my antimalware app alerted me about anything, and when it did, it was warning me about CheapOAir. Stay away from these charlatans!

Tip for consumers: Steer clear of CheapOAir!

brets13
3/10/15

Fastest easiest way to book a flight and get it at the best price no complaints very satisfied with my experience.

carolinad2
3/9/15

I booked an international flight but had to cancel it, they gave me credit (less the insurance I bought), and they charge you usd$300.00 to re-book. Today 3/6/15 I called them to use my credit, but I wanted to take my son with me, they told me I could only use it for international flights and use it only for myself, I told them that the email I got does not specify if I had to use it on an international flight and does not mention either if the re-booking fee need to be paid separately (they don't take it out of your credit), so I decided to loose all my credit, but I was not going to use only usd$500.00 of my credit, pay them 300.00 separately, loose 800.00 plus buy separate ticket for my son, in other words you have to pay them usd 300.00 to use your credit.

adamosv
3/9/15

I booked my vacation and then tried to book a car rental. I booked a car but the rental company responded that the car was not available. Cheapoair still booked the car and sent me confirmation. I tried to get contact cheapoair's customer service and that was impossible. Then tried the chat on like as they recommended for faster service. Their waiting time was something like 1531 minutes.

ginab27
3/8/15

This site is easy to use. Has some pretty low rates on air. I still compare with other sites. Only down side is that I couldn't find a place to enter my reward number. It also allows you to cancel things like travelers insurance, as long as you do it before your flight takes off.

Tip for consumers: still compare with other sites.

laurenm35
3/6/15

I booked with cheapoair two nights ago and never received an email confirming my flight or anything so I called yesterday and got the run around and was put on hold until I had to go to work so Finally today after being transferred to many people they had completely different dates for me and a false email and that's why I didn't get my confirmation yet they had no problem immediately taking money from my account after I booked....needless to say I had to call jet blue and pay fees and a more expensive flight now which was over 500.00 more...they are crooks!!!

richarda61
3/2/15

They booked a flight path that was no longer in service and still charged the 2nd leg of the flight so they could profit still. It took 2 weeks of constant harassment of their telephone center in India to get a refund. The refund took 3 weeks to return. Awful customer service and an awful company.

briannab1
3/1/15

The process of booking flights was extremely easy. When I needed help changing flights or had questions about the arrangements they are available and helpful. Pleasurable all around.

kch1
3/1/15

For the most part it was a good experience. It's kind of annoying when you get someone you can't understand.

robinh42
2/28/15

This was the first time I used this site to make my travel arrangements. It gave me the best price and included reminder emails and other special offers.

nikir4
2/26/15

A great airline booking site to get better deals in low price. Completely good experience flying with them.

davidg142
2/25/15

On 2-16-2015 I booked a a flight leaving and returning flight. The agent I was working with kept saying _ return in March? I said three times return in February. I received the itinerary for I phones an said I do not have an iPhone or cell phone. The rep on the 2-16-2015 said they would email m the itinerary, but did not receive it until 2-18-2015. On 2-19-2015, I called to inform cheapoair of their mistake and was told within 24 hours they would get back to me. I spoke with Terrois (spelling close) he said you do not need me name because to rep. I spoke with would give me a call back. Terrois said they would listen to the recordings and they would let me listen to the recordings. I waited until 2-21-2015 and called them back, the rep said I could wait 45 minutes to speak to a rep or have one call me back in 1 Hour. I said have a rep.call me back in a hour and never received a call back. I called back and the recording said since you have called us several times today we will have you speak to a specialist. that was two hours age and still waiting. DO NOT USE CHEAPOAIR they are not honest. STAY AWAY.

Tip for consumers: To not trust this company they lie and do not follow-through. They are from India they know the English words. but not what they mean. STAY AWAY!

vardanv
2/24/15

good good good, thank you so much, i bought a ticket for my Girl friend she where coming to me from her city, she was so happy with the service, thank you so much.

kimt33
2/23/15

Through a friend's referral stating that CheapOAir is a great website with awesome deals, I will not conduct business with them again. I booked an American Airlines ticket from DFW to Cancun, yet I received an email stating that the departure is from Cancun to DFW. Now, I'm from Dallas, why would I book a round-trip from Cancun to Dallas? i complained to CheapOair CSR and a female representative stated that I should contact AA. aA stated that since I booked with CheapOAir, I would habe to resolve it with them. Why am I (the customer/consumer) being penalized and go through this hassle? Whatever happened to the "customer being right??" I then contacted CheapOair CSR again and spoke to Phillip, agreeing the $50 cancellation fee BUT not to the $200 rebooking fee. While informing my frustrations, I was interrupted with rudeness and stating it was "my fault" and was then hung up. After receiving a confirmation email showing the fee, it also stated I will be charged for a $200 booking fee on using the credit. On my behalf, my fiance called CheapOAir and complained to a CST named Tryst. My fiance asked for his first and last name, along with an extension number. As he was unable to help, my fiance asked for a supervisor. Then "Cruze" came on and spoke. She was completely rude and also blatantly stated she "only goes by Cruze, no extensions number, no last name" and "our extensions number changes daily". I informed her that I want someone from U.S.A speaking to me. Unfortunately it was passed business hours and into the weekend, I would have to till Monday. I am completely disappointed and frustrated in their customer service and WILL NOT recommend to my family and friends.

erinp17
2/22/15

AVOID Cheapoair like the plague. Most horrible service where agents down right lie to your face about why they won't confirm your flight because they want to scam you and lure you in with fake low fare and force you pay more. Their excuse range from overbooked to cancelled flight (which confirmed with airline directly ALL LIES). Not to mention that receipt email has airline confirmation #, cheapoair just dont want to honor their fare posted on their website. Also no one answer phone and livechat is useless as they will say someone will call you back but never do!!! AVOID this website and it should be shut down. p.s. their agent also said no guarantee of the fare they post online.

sama435
2/22/15

I had used cheap Oair.com web.the service was excellent and the everything was right and clear . And the booking was fast , easy and simple. I do recommend it to everyone .

catherinef16
2/22/15

I have only good things to say about this website and the customer service. Our flights were canceled due to bad weather and we were notified well in advance and given new tickets immediately. Thank you for your services.

Tip for consumers: Get the notifications. They're excellent and accurate.

nancys64
2/21/15

I was reluctant to book wiht a company wiht "cheap" in their name, but ifound it was easy to do. The flights were exactly what Ineeded. I was stuck in Floriday do to weather problems, and the interface between jet blue and cheap o air was fast and clean. I was able to get new flights (no charge). I will use Cheap o air again!

danielles29
2/21/15

First, my flight (purchased through CheapOAir) from Aeroflot was cancelled and the flight plan changed drastically. I was told I had to contact Cheapoair to get information on the change and to see what options were available. Each time I tried to get information I was told I would get a call back. After 4 days, I had no information. It was not until I called numerous times one day and requested I speak directly to the concerns department that i got information. They tried to book me on a flight with an impossible layover transfer (the flight they wanted me to transfer to in Moscow left FIVE MINUTES AFTER my first flight arrived. I am not equipped with a time machine to make this kind of transfer possible. When I finally found out I could no longer travel with the changes, I had to request a refund. I was supposed to hear back with confirmation of the refund with 48 hours, but it took closer to 72. I did eventually receive the refund for the flight (from Aeroflot, not Cheapoair). I discovered, however, that a refund for the insurance policy (purchased at the same time as the tickets and applying only them or travel through Cheapoair) was not given. On Feb. 10th I contacted them to request a refund and was told they would put in a request. Today is Feb. 18th and no contact has been made. I spoke with another CSR today who placed another request and said I "should" hear back in 72 hours. I would have to wait for "approval" for the refund and then it could take up to 2 months to actually receive. I also chatted with a CSR. This chat CSR told me that I would have to contact THEM again in 14 days to see if they "had any info" for me. This is after she did not respond to my chat message for over 12 minutes despite there clearly being a "0 minute wait. She (Katelyn) insisted they had to contact the airline (lie). She was either unaware that I already had my flight refunded (with no penalties), or was just blatantly trying to brush me off quickly. I have also contacted Travelex (the insurance company) and they state I must be issued a refund through Cheapoair. So, now I am waiting and very frustrated with this entire process that has been going on since Jan.

Update February 23, 2015: I received the refund for my insurance payment. The company (as you can see below) keeps misrepresenting their refund policy. The statement is very clear that a refund is due if the supplier (the airline) cancels/changes a flight a the purchaser (me) is given a full refund without penalties. Since that was my case to a T, I should not have had to fight for the refund. This is the policy statement quoted:

"If you are not satisfied for any reason, you may cancel your coverage
within 10 days of your receipt of this document. If you haven’t
already left on your Covered Trip and/or provided there has been
no covered expense, you will receive a full refund of your plan cost.
After this 10-day review period, the payment for this plan is
non-refundable, except in the following circumstances:
• The supplier cancels or changes the dates of your Covered Trip
and all penalties are waived; or
• You cancel your Covered Trip before any cancellation penalties
are in effect; or
• You have duplicate coverage for this Covered Trip or due to your
death."

I did not wish to cancel my insurance coverage until I was informed by Cheapoair that my booked flight no longer existed. The airline had changed my flight plan from a 1.5 hour layover in Moscow Russia to a ten hour layover in Moscow Russia. This was not acceptable for my trip. Once I got a hold of a CSR (after days of calls, chats and emails), I asked about my options, was given only one, which I decided was not the best for me. I was then given a full refund (from the Airline). With the refund given, I then could not use the insurance policy that I had purchased, seeing as it could only be applied to the flight that no longer existed. My requests for information about the refund went ignored for over 10 days. To reach a live person, I made a Facebook post on the Cheapoair Facebook page, which was removed from site within 24 hours. I also received an email telling me to remove this review within 24 hours. YET, I did not get an actual call or email back from the company to try to resolve my problem. It was only after I had resorted to using social media that I received a response and they even replied to my request for information regarding a refund. The company (as you can clearly see below) repeatedly quoted the first section of policy regarding refunds and ignored the EXCEPTIONS that would legally grant me a full return of my money. Only via Facebook messages (still not a single call or formal contact) was I able to make a statement regarding the need for a refund and finally get a result.

tylerh34
2/21/15

great site if your looking to book a flight fast and for a great price. when I used it everything went smooth and the customer service is great aswell, will definitely be a returning customer!

gillianj2
2/20/15

I rate cheapoair with a 5 because I received incredible customer service when my online payment had a few glitches, the representative was very patient and sounded very knowledgeable. I will definitely use this website again and again to plan my trip. Thank you guys. Great job!

srinivasanr
2/18/15

Its a good site with amazing flight deals!. I was able to get a great deal for my trip to LA last month!

jonm48
2/18/15

I had never used this website before and so tried it for our flight to and from Kauai. I was very impressed with the ease of using their website and very happy with the choices and the price we paid.

quinns18
2/14/15

Cheap O Air made it easy for me to book a flight for me and my spouse from Phoenix to Fort Myers at an amazing rate. I booked the flight less than a month in advance and was still able to book the same flights for both of us.

supriiyap
2/13/15

I was very satisfied and do not have any complains. I would definitely book again with them in the future.

kathyg33
2/11/15

I have used Cheapoair website to book airline tickets multiple times and it always gives me the best options, ease of booking, low fees and is great at notifying me of delays or changes in my flights. I can recommend Cheapoair online whole-heartedly.

rashmis2
2/11/15

I have used cheapoair multiple times and always had great experience except my most recent trip where my card was charged twice and it took me 2 days to get this sorted out.

It was very frustrating.

neilc27
2/11/15

This is the best website to locate low price tickets. It is so easy and helpful. I keep returning to it for my reservations.

douglasa11
2/9/15

I booked my ticket last minute and cheapoair.com provided me with many flexible options. I was able to save $1,900 with the alternative date the website provided me. I thought I was going to have to pay $3,000 for my trip to Spain.

dots6
2/7/15

CheapoAir has me going back for more. My experience with the purchase of airline tickets was wonderful. I was able o pick my seat and the times were favorable, too. Will do it again.

haroldw9
2/6/15

I found a cheap flight offered by CheapOair.com on Hipmunk from Dusseldorf to SNA (roundtrip). I only take cheap flights and rarely spring for anything other than economy, so I'm no stranger to cut-rate customer service and waiting for responses. CheapOair was on a whole other level of annoying. By far the worst experience I've ever had with a discount travel agent.

My flight was a code-shared flight on Iberia and American. When I tried to check my flight status on Iberia's site using CheapOair's own link to their online check-in page, I was told that my CheapOair-provided Booking Number was incorrect and that I needed a different number. I promptly called CheapOair's customer service and was made to wait 45 minutes to talk to a customer service dispatcher who looked up my confirmation number and informed me that me CheapOair-provided Number was wrong and that I needed the Booking Number to confirm my flights. I was made to hold for ANOTHER 20 minutes while the customer service rep looked for the BOOKING number which, from the way the rep explained it, "wasn't put into my customer info and so is probably in the booking manager's office."

I'm not entirely sure what that means, but the thought that such a vital piece of information wasn't entered into the system in the 6 months since I had first booked the flight simply due to either laziness or disorganization was frustrating, to say the least. Finally, I was given my Booking Number and was told to use that to check-in online.

But alas, it was not be. 12 hours before my flight, I spent 2 hours on both carrier websites trying to check-in to my flight. When I called the customer service lines for Iberia and American, both informed me that, while the Booking Number was correct, I needed a CONFIRMATION number to check in online. My Confirmation Number still failed to bring up my flight information on either of my carrier's systems and I was told to "call my travel agent."

So I got to spend another half-hour on hold to talk to a CheapOair rep about a wrong number...again. Except this time I was informed that I did not "have a regular Confirmation Nubmer because CheapOair booked your flight so that you have to check-in at the airport." When I asked why this information was not simply stated somewhere in my booking confirmation (I certainly would've saved me a few hours of headache), I was met with confusion as to why I would ever suggest such a crazy thing.

Did I catch my flight? Yes. Was the flight ok? Sure, they were fine. Was I pleased with the price? Yes.

Was I pleased with CheapOair? Absolutely not.

It's one thing to offer cut-rate customer service for a discount price, but at least give your customers all the information they need in the first place. I wasted several hours calling different airlines and CheapOair trying to get my info to check-in online, when that information never existed in the first place.

This all could've been solved by placing a little note SOMEWHERE on the booking confirmation saying that I need to check-in at the airport.

Also: There seems to be some sort of glitch with their automated mail system. I received an automated email shortly before my return flight say that the carrier had cancelled my originally booked flight and that I would be transfered automatically to an earlier one unless I called their customer service. That was fine so I let it be, but I would still receive the email everyday. After 3 days of receiving the email, I called CheapOair customer service (again) and the rep told me she didn't know why I was still receiving the email because I had already been confirmed for the new flight. I got the email everyday for 2 weeks until I took my flight back.

Tip for consumers: I wouldn't recommend it, but if you do make sure to call them and confirm HOW you can check in for your plane and don't just assume you can check in online.

richardw76
2/2/15

Making reservations were simple to do and able to be done in a secure environment. The lay-out of information, once entering my travel request, made it easy to make the decision on my travel itinerary. The prices were also the most competitive. I would definitely use this service again.

lauretar
2/2/15

Great service for the online and on the phone representatives. I have bought tickets from Cheapoair before and never have i been disappointed from the price and or the service. I recommend this website to everyone for their future travels.

Tip for consumers: Just use the site its really cheap and convenient.

georgis
1/30/15

My preferred place to look up for flights, especially international ones. There were little changes with my reservations few times but customer service agents have always helped me accordingly.

Tip for consumers: Check regularly and through different destinations. Make sure you use the alternative dates and airports options if this can work for you.

robbinr1
1/25/15

CheapOAir came through again! I booked early and then near time to go decided to switch dates and times of travel. In addition, I wanted to squeeze in another destination. These people were courteous and made my changes with a modest charge that gave me a perfect holiday and I got a reasonable ticket to another destination! Thank you, CheapOair!

Tip for consumers: Always look for the best price being conscious of your own comfort and convenience.

amberc11
1/25/15

We had some family business to attend to and booked with cheapo air last minute we got a good price over the holidays and were where we needed to be in time. On the way home there were some aircraft difficulties which lead to delay, but that was nothing to do with cheapo air. Thanks cheapo air for getting us to where we needed to be for a fair price!

Tip for consumers: I got red better rates by calling in over the phone.

bernardk12
1/21/15

I was very satisfied with the use of CheapOair on my recent trip to Florida. We have used them in the past and have been not only satisfied but found them to have saved us quite a few buck compared to going through the carriers themselves.

Thanks you CheapOair

Tip for consumers: very easy to walkthrough

julietv1
1/15/15

I have used cheapoair twice in the last 13 months. I have found the operators to be very pleasant and helpful. The prices are also very reasonable.

Tip for consumers: Customers also need to be pleasant

rc53
1/14/15

Have used them in the past to find the most inexpensive tickets on the web, their customer service was patient and polite in helping me with my booking.