US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

monas17

Fantastic customer service, trained representative with great attitudes! (in 127 reviews)

terril24

It's funny how I looked this flight up several times before booking. (in 290 reviews)

asdfg1

Be sure to do it in the first 24 hours of purchase, though.. (in 27 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

phungk
5/29/16

I booked a flight during spring and on their website, when you book days you ACTUALLY want, they will put similar days, so I bought a ticket unknowingly on the wrong day due to their website. First my transaction didnt go through the first time which i made sure was the right day, the next day i typed in the same date and tried again, this time it was on the wrong day and I bought the ticket this time no problem, I ended up missing my flight so I called their horrible customer support, first off they were rude when I was explainint what happened then told me that I can only get a refund from the airlines, I called the airlines and the company said I can only get the refund from the third party website I bought it from, after all this trouble I bought a ticket from another website because the reason for me to go overseas was an emergency. I made complaints and didn't get a reponse until an entire MONTH later, I called them again then they told me they had a 30 day policy, which I never heard of; they just kept changing and changing their answer on why they can't refund me, now i am out $1150. NEVER USE CHEAPOAIR!

michaelas6
5/26/16

First incident: I book my tickets. (For flights from Cairo to Vienna) A few days later I receive an email (On May 20th), saying they need to verify my billing address, and that they have been trying to get in contact with me to do so. Mijnd you I work full time, so I didn't even see the email until Saturday morning. Immediately when I see the email, I call.. I call them on May 21st to confirm my booking details. On Sunday May 22nd, I receive an email saying my booking number is cancelled. I call then immediately and ask why. They say, oh we tried to call you several times, and you never confirmed with us. I tell them I called and confirmed, and give them name of the rep I spoke to on Saturday. After speaking to three different reps I get excuses, and well the booking cancelled on Sunday May 22nd, so we can't use it anymore. I ask them what numbers did they call, and that they called from. They say from a 646 area code. I checked ALLL of my numbers and NOT ONE message. You would think that people who were trying to reach you so desperately would leave a voicemail, correct?

They also said there was nothing they could do, and that they could offer me the same ticket, but at $100 more than the original price.

2nd incident, May 23rd. (Booking number provided is for this one): I think well let me just give this another try, maybe the communication was off. So I made another booking yesterday. Same exact tickets, luckily the same price. So this time, I decide to go through Paypal, because my billing details are absolutely correct there, and its pretty foolproof. Book my tickets, good to go.

An hour ago I receive an email saying that the booking that I requested to be cancelled has been cancelled. WHAT IS GOING ON? I call them immediately, and ask what happened. "Oh we were unable to confirm your billing details with Paypal so the airline just dropped the tickets." First, I didn't get any email asking to reconfirm my booking details. The first time they couldn't confirm it they sent me an email asking. but this time they decide not to ask me. So, I'm like okay so you guys just decided to cancel my reservation? They are like oh no well the airline cancelled it because they couldn't confirm my booking details and it didn't match. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I bought tickets before with Paypal with NO problem at all, and all of the sudden I have billing issues. my representative is VERY rude and just said "yeah I am just going to transfer you over" It is VERY obvious they are used to these types of calls, and have been prepped for them. It is an absolute scam to get you to pay more money.

DO NOT USE CHEAP O AIR!

bradc41
5/25/16

I wish I had known about SiteJabber before using CheapOair. Customer service has to be one of the worst, out-sourced services I've experienced. I was charged for seats, told I would get a refund for $438, but only received a refund for $51.80. Bait & switch charges, plus airfare was charged much higher than my receipt. I will never use this site again, and would discourage all others to do the same!

moj19
5/22/16

I have been booking fight at air fare agent the first time of my life on may16,16. It seems cheap and excellent convinenence that you can get on online. I have to book the ticket very short time gap.
And i found very disappointedand very cateful when you booking with agent ( cheapoair)
1. I cannot gone through the flight that i pick. There are someone call you and try very hard to help you but they does not tell you allocating the fare and the flight fare and fee they charge for service.They just tell you total cost which convey my missunderstanding they are already cheap but it is not cheap compare when you did not recieve aftersale service. I have been charge 100$ plus booking seat $14

2. They just lie you about book seat selection. He said someone will call you in one hour after i pay everything for book the seat. I wait and wait , no one call me. But i received email so i have to book seat myself online. But next day i found out my seat i pick was pending. I called up and service crew said very rude to me and seem upset . She sent the same email and even worse she said i got seat even i still see my seat number is pending. I said are you mad at me. I think i never found very rude service mind on telephone like this before. She reply back something i don t understand so i just hang up . And call again hope i can get nicer person to talk with. I call more 3 times verybody said to me very short and hang up on me . I just start to get pizz off.

Now i still cannot get the seat and i have to wait email from them 24 hours to get the seat. Finally i called up directly to airline i asked about book the seat, he can get me right the way ,so i don t understand why i have to wait with cheapoair for 3 days.

In summary i learnt
1.Expensive fare over my budget 200$
2. After they got money from you aftersale you have to beware. It is not worth you pay 114$ and recieved bad aftersale service.
3.if i pay that fare price , i better book directly to airline. Better service and better lower cost charge. More professional.

En.

ezreyahb
5/21/16

I was scared to book seeing these reviews but I did it anyway because I needed the cheap ticket. 4 days before my trip I received an email & text message stating that my flight info has been changed (that freaked me out) . when I received the message all I could think is "Omg I knew it was a scam...", but when I opened it turns out it was just a change in flight times. Overall I had an okay experience (not perfect because of the last minute change) .

pujan1
5/21/16

I was extremely annoyed with the service provided. I was given a certain rate over the phone during booking and when I received the charges on my card it was more than I agreed to. When I contacted them they told me they will have billing contact me back after it was looked into. Never received anything back! I emailed them again and they asked me to call. When I call in, the lady on the phone just tells me there is nothing they can do and that seat selection is an extra charge. No one told me that on the phone and I didn't care for seat selection. It was clearly the reps. Fault for not informing me about the extra charge. INSTEAD they sent me the first confirmation by email with the correct price and then resent another set of email ls with the charge of seat selection included and told me its basically my fault for not checking the second email. Why would I bother to check the same confirmation email again? WILL NOT USE AGAIN. That's definitely cheating customers out of money and the customer service is useless. They told me they will send my feedback in about the reps telling customers about all additional charges but I work in customer service and that doesn't help with anything nor does it get me my money back.

ronm91
5/15/16

After reading some of the negative reviews, I was SURPRISED with the fine service I received. Maybe some people just Enjoy complaining. I don't know, but I am pleased...
This is my first experience with CheapOair. I am extremely pleased with their service. I am traveling with a church group. I needed to change my return flight. Not only was their staff helpful, prompt,and knowledgeable; but they also saved me money. I will definitely book with CheapOair in the future.

nghin
5/12/16

They email me around 1am in the morning to inform that they couldn't get through my credit card therefore they couldn't issue my ticket. Really suck system!!!!!

kellyl88
5/11/16

I booked a flight through CheapOair. I needed to change it within a 24 hour period. You can only make changes through calling customer service. After talking with a representative and being placed on hold for total of an hour and 15 mins. I received a email that my card was charged an extra $279.00 over an above the original price. I then received the same itinerary with no flight change. I called back and was placed on hold 20 more minutes only be treated poorly by the representative. I asked for the manager and was placed on hold for 20 more minutes. The total cost of my flight ended up being over $100 more than the airline was charging for a direct booking and the airline has much better customer service. Dont Waste Your Time go directly to airline.

mariag115
5/8/16

CheapOAir made a mistake in the spelling of my name. I have tried to get them to fix it going on a month now. No Resolution. I would have to pay an additional $250.00 for a mistake they made. I have called and emailed with no resolution.

garyk47
5/7/16

We will not use CheapOair again. My wife reserved a flight and picked two aisle seats that showed they were open on the CheapOair web site (16 days before her flight). Yet when she went to print her boarding pass she was given two entirely different seats (window). There was no message from CheapOair indicating that she did not receive the seats she had chosen. CheapOair will never receive our business again.

patriciac112
4/29/16

I successfully booked airline travel, on behalf of a relative, through CheapOAir's website in late February. Funny thing after you book, CheapOAir calls you to verify. Not the booking itself, but the credit card transaction (they call you but not your own credit card company?? Does that make any kind of sense??). They called once but was not able to reach me. Next thing I know I receive an email telling me the booking has been cancelled. Upset, I called & was told that since they were not able to reach me to verify my credit card, the booking was cancelled. I told the rep that a single phone call was not a sufficient attempt to contact me. He said a letter was also being sent to notify me that verification is needed to keep the booking. Snail mail?? That's your way of notifying your customers before you cancel (btw, I still haven't received this "letter"). I demanded the itinerary be reinstated but was told the price had increased. At that point I was livid & asked for a supervisor. After some hesitation & a lot of hold music, my booking was reinstated for the original price.
As if that wasn't enough, fast forward to today. While checking my credit card statement I see a charge of $14.95 from CheapOAir. I call them to find out why & was told that I had called to confirm seating & was charged for it. So let me get this straight, not I but my relative calls to confirm their travel/seating & CheapOAir charges my credit card without my authorization to do so??? I don't care who the booking is for. You do not have the right to charge my card without my consent. In my eyes, they are fraudulent & not to be trusted. I would also like to reiterate the part where they charge you $14.95 just for confirming your seat & have the nerve to call it Travel Assist.
I am beyond disappointed with this company! My advice if you currently have an issue with them, get a supervisor, demand resolution & don't take their bs. Congrats to those that have had successful bookings without a hitch but clearly I'm with the majority reviewers with hitches. This is my first & last booking with CheapOAir.

mariec69
4/28/16

They're wearing me out. Three times I have called with concerns about my reservation. Obviously the call center in NOT in the US. I've resorted to the chat feature. I am so done with cheapoair. Accurately named, and you get what you (don't) pay for

carolc69
4/25/16

The Cheapoair has a so poor reputation: they will significantly increase the price of booked air ticket, just a few hours after the purchase has been successfully completed! Below is my experience with the Cheapoair on-line service.
In the afternoon on Mar. 25 2016, I successfully booked three round trip air tickets from IAD (Dulles International Airport) to Beijing in China from Cheapoair on Mar. 25 2016 at the price $986 ($896+$90 tax) per person. The booking process went through very smoothly. However, surprisingly, at 10:52 pm in the same day (after 6 hours I got confirmation email), I received another email stated that "Due to the airline(s) not confirming your booking, we were unable to issue your tickets. ". I noticed this email in the morning on Mar. 26 and I immediately called Cheapoair customer service. During this phone call, I was told because the tickets price went up after I booking so I need to pay extra charges: each ticket cost $1101 ($1011+$90tax) and insurance also changed from $177 to $199. End up I paid $367 more in total. I really disappointed at the credit of the Cheapoair! I don't like to trust the Cheapoair anymore!

susannec5
4/23/16

UPDATE - as of MAY 3, 2016 - - BUYER BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!

So Cheapoair did refund the US dollart amount in 2 separate transactions on April 22, 2016 equalling the original USD amount of $ 3857.70 USD. The exchange rate on April 19, 2016 was at $ 1.33 = $5137.89 CAN however when they reimbursed me on April 22, 2016, the CAN $ was at a different rate ($1.23 CAN for every $ 1 USD and thus I was only credited $ 4748.69 CAN)........I REMAIN ON THE HOOK TO VISA for $ 389.20 Canadian Dollars (the EXCHANGE RATE DIFFERENCE). I doubt Cheapoair will reimburse me , despite it being their fault for charging my credit card in the first place.....my guess is nothing further will be done on their end.......
The Customer Service Rep. who responded to this review has quoted incorrect amounts. The rep stated I did not respond despite their requests - - I have the emails to prove I sent a screen shot of my VISA bill twice to Cheapoair (most recently on April 25, 2016) and it is I who have yet to hear back from them.... Each time I call I get the run around and moved from department to department.....Now 15 days into this ordeal, I am tired and frustrated... I believe they have not provided me a full refund.......ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR NOTHING & I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND YOU TO ANYONE EVER!!!!
-------
On April 18, 2016, booked a flight to Europe and the entire conversation on the phone was referenced in Canadian Funds; no mention of US Funds. Despite having booked and cancelled on April 18, 2016 (THE SAME DAY and having an email stating as such, Cheapoair still processed the charge my credit card, which was posted on April 19, 2016.
As per VISA, I cannot dispute the charge for 15 days which allows the merchant (Cheapoair) to credit the charges. VISA charges 2.5 % on Exchange Rate Transactions. VISA has a history with this company - - was told that I will be luckily to get the amount back in full - may cost a few hundred dollars.......Needless to say I am not pleased. NOTE: TO EVERYONE - BEFORE BOOKING WITH ANY ONLINE COMPANY PLEASE GET WRITTEN CONFIRMATION THAT THE TRANSACTION WILL OCCUR IN THE CURRENCY YOU HAVE AGREED UPON - - GET IT IN WRITING FROM THE MERCHANT
*****QUESTION to Cheapoair ?? - - Why even charge my credit card if the booking was cancelled within hours of making the initial booking. Luckily my sister in law's credit card company alerted to possible fraudulently credit card activity by Cheapoair trying to charge various amounts and rejected the transaction. Unfortunately my credit card did not. I am now left with hoping Cheapoair refunds the entire amount as was charged on my credit card and not at the exchange rate from a different date (when it decides to refund my money on my credit card - - in say 10 to 15 days) - the exchange rate may be different and I am responsible for the difference on my credit card...
I contacted Cheapoair on April 20, 2016, trying to address this matter sooner rather than later. Their customer service is HORRIBLE. I was transferred to the billing department and there was dead air for 5 to 10 minutes with no answering the phone, the sound of dead air, that I eventually hung up. Despite charging me immediately, Cheapoair is taking their time to refund my money back.....THANKS FOR NOTHING - WOULD NOT RECOMMEND YOU TO ANYONE EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

terril24
4/23/16

I searched for flights to south korea for days on cheapoair. I saw round trip tickets for 2 people 1056.00. I showed my son and my husband. They said to book it. So I did. Now somehow I have a one way tickets. I cannot speak so I did a chat. Was disconnected from first one. Then second guy said I only booked a one way. I told him I wasn't stupid I had booked several flights. I was very agitated as they can't do anything. I ask to look up on that date. They told me I pressed one way. It's funny how I looked this flight up several times before booking. Now I have to book another one way flight back home. So now this flight has cost me more then a round trip. I'm going to see my daughter in the militry over there. I ask to cancell. Then my husband called them and you talk to one's you can't understand. They ask him what would you like me to do about it. You only booked one way. They are fraud and there system screws you.

jeffreyh51
4/22/16

The pricing is always the best, site is the easiest to navigate and the staff is very helpful.

Never had a problem booking and even when I make a mistake they have been very helpful to rectify any inadvertent clicks.

veronicac31
4/17/16

Was booking online on 4th April and by the time I've entered all the details and ready to purchase the tickets, the fare went up so I did not continue as I was planning to continue my search the following day. However, the moment I closed the window, cheapoair called me and said that they saw that i was trying to book a flight and wanted to help me. . I was a bit hesitant to entertain the call but since I wanted to purchase our tickets and get it out of the way I listened and went ahead with the booking even with the slightly higher fare that I was originally booking. I have given the information that was asked including the credit card details. Booking confirmation received on Apr 5 @ 5pm - it took around 24hours before my booking confirmation was sent. That's fine. I waited for the tickets to be issued and even asked around who had made purchase from Cheapoair if I should worry, but I was told that their tickets took a few days before it was issued so I continued waiting.
On April 10, at 2:20AM I received an email stating:
YOUR TICKETS MAY HAVE ALREADY BEEN ISSUED, IF SO THEY ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE ANOTHER SET OF TICKETS.
IN ORDER TO CONFIRM THIS CHANGE, WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT YOU AT THE BILLING TELEPHONE NUMBER YOU HAVE PROVIDED. IF YOU COULD KINDLY CALL US BACK AT THE NUMBERS PROVIDED TO PROVIDE A VERBAL VERIFICATION.
Then at 4:44AM the same day, another email was sent to me telling me that my booking has been CANCELLED!!!!
Do you honestly think that I monitor my email 24hours and that I can call you between 2:20am - 4:44 am? And besides, the only call I received from CHEAPOAIR was the call on Apr 4 to help me proceed with the booking. Nobody attempted to contact me at any other time after that, and I mean NOBODY!! I don't understand how you suddenly may have lost my number or had the wrong number when I have been contacted already before plus the fact that I have registered on CHEAPOAIR where my booking was also linked and have provided the same contact no.
So thank you guys for making me loose the seats and now struggling to get a similar airfare.
May i just add that this was not the first time I purchased a ticket online. I used Flight Network and they were so prompt in issuing the ticket and didn't have any issue at all.

Im so pissed that I am now back to square one trying to purchase tickets for our trip.

amandak45
4/16/16

I have never experienced such terrible customer service until I dealt with this company. After suffering a tragic loss in the family, I was unable to continue with my trip a month away. I have worked so hard to be able to go so I was already super upset. I called them and explained this and the most they could do was HALF of a refund. I recieved extremely agitated, and rude responses from the five different people I spoke with. I lost my card I had booked with, so they told me that wasn't their problem and to contact my bank. After speaking to my bank, they couldn't do anything about it either, and I simply had to give cheapo my new number. I dealt with this for two hours of going back and forth. I just got off the phone feeling helpess and disatisfied with them not able to do anything at the moment. I am super upset that my cancellation resulted in myself feeling even more upset than I have been. This is my hard earned money that I used to pay for a trip I was extatic to go on, and with everything else going on in my life, I do not need the stress of this company adding to it. This isn't the first negative response I've read.

This company needs to figure it out. Things come up, and people lose their cards, and suffer tragedies making them unable to go through with plans. I am extremely unhappy with their service and will advise anyone to never go to this company.

michellen39
4/16/16

I always have an awesome experience and if i need help i just call and someone always helps me immediately!!! Thanks for being so great!! Michelle Narvaiz returning customer!!!

christinel45
4/15/16

I received an e-mail saying my flight already booked and paid for had been changed. I had to follow prompts to update my flight. When I looked noticed I was updating my original flight. I followed the prompts and when it came to 'confirm booking I received a reply that there was a fault.
I tried ringing Cheapoair using the number provided in the e-mail which meant I had to ring the US. I was actually diverted to India, put on hold moved to another section and then disconnected - I tried again using the Customer Service number and the same run around - I had to pay for the privilege of sitting on the phone for international calls for over an hour. Then I did some further research and found a number for Australia. I rang that number was diverted to India again with the same story. I was told I would have to go to another section, and would be put on hold, I said no way am I going to be put on hold again - so I was put on hold for the manager to respond - 20 minutes later - no response. I also sent a response to the e-mail. All this took from 10 - 1pm. I was absolutely furious. I tried the e-mail again at 5.30pm and it worked. So in the end I was sent an e-mail to change a flight and all I did was rebook my own paid flight.
When I reviewed Cheapoair through Trip Advisor they put up contradictory posts and were deliberately dishonest about the facts. The matter is apparently resolved but the lesson is learned. I advise not to use Cheapoair and be particularly careful if you book flights which don't allocate seats. You will receive an e-mail to book your seats which will cost more money. The client service is appalling and deceptive. I am glad there is an alternate review site other than Trip Advisor who will shut down any adverse comments and write in support of Cheapoair. NO STARS One star is too many.

chanels1
4/10/16

One letter misspelled on my ticket, and I called within 24 hours to be charged $50. The only website to resolve issues your self is a complete sham. You have to call customer service. Waste of time money and energy. Just pay the extra and choose a different business

linaj4
4/9/16

I booked a hotel in las vegas , the room price was 175.50 per night. So total of 2 night was 351 + taxes&fees 62.12 = 413.12 and i used a $10 discount coupon , they should charge me 403.12 but they charged me 423.12!! And i called customer service , they said there is nothing wrong with the price , wtf... Never ever use cheapoair!!! They are cheater!!

monicac37
4/3/16

I was very happy with my purchase. I saved over $500.00 booking thru CheapOAir. Everything turned out great!

lannys9
4/3/16

Don't expect a response if you use their supposed "Golden Guarentee." I booked an expensive flight via CheapOair that has become much less expensive since I booked it. As I understood, American Airlines (another company I would avoid) would not allow a refund on cancelled flights. They changed the flights on me but I was still stuck with it. I just wanted CheapOair to go to bat for me and see if they could get me out of it within 24 hours of RE-booking. I didn't expect much, except maybe a response! I sent 3 emails and got none! Obviously they don't care about customers, just the bottom line.

tamv
4/3/16

I had a most unpleasant experience regarding the seat assignment. There is no clear indication that one will be charged to use this feature, so when I called your customer service line to figure how to exit out of the seating assignment feature as I do not want to incur additional costs. The representative used rude high pressure sales tactics in relaying that seat request is a REQUIRED part of the ticket purchase and went on to say that because I called he would only charge me $14.95 per person instead of $14.95 per flight per person!?
I was very upset and was consider cancelling my reservation/booking that I had just made and use all the other travel websites that I have used before. The representative kept insisting do I want to cancel my booking or pay the REQUIRED seat request. I clearly asked him was this optional and he said NO. He finally said he will refund the $29.00 begrudgingly (2 people travelling). Due to this incident, I am inclined to even pay a little more at other rebuttable travel sites in the future.

yuc12
4/3/16

In a Shellnut, this company will help you to spend more money on your tickets. If you book tickets with them, it is very likely a 'customer service' will call you and offer 'help'. Do not trust them, they are liars!
Please also check the other's comments, you will know what gonna happen to you. Also, how it is possible that the Overall Rating distribution is such extreme if their employees didn't try to influence the results.
Anyway, just don't book the tickets with them, Period!!

luise16
4/3/16

hello, my name is Luis, I buy a ticket from Playa del Carmen Mexico to Colombia to see my dad who is in a critical state of health, I made a reservation with Cheapoair and received confirmation of my flights and it was actually the most economic I found, the surprise was when they arrive at the airport, there was no ticket, they did not pay to the airline and I do not know if I would see my dad alive, call them and they said they did not charge the Blast, then told me that the card was not pass when they had sent me an email payment confirmation of my purchase, then I see an email from canselacion of booking on the day of my flight, I mean that they sold the flight without availability,i always buy airline ticketes with other companies and I had never been something, it is a mockery and a delusion as the form tease people, dont do the same mistake, never buy from them

bobbym44
3/31/16

I made a huge mistake booking with CheapO air. I inadvertently booked my round trip flight for the wrong day. My mistake. So I tried to resolve the problem. Same flights only one of the flights was one day off. Same flight one day prior was going to cost me an additional 700.00 (which was more than my original round trip ticket). The agent,after having to call 2 numbers 3 different times told me to cancel one of the flights I would have to pay 200.00 for the change...fair enough because it was my mistake, and I would be given a credit voucher for the remaining cost. I found a flight through another airline for the initial flight and when I called back to cancel I had to pay ANOTHER additional 254.00 and got no credit as I was told I would! Bottom line, for a round trip that was just over 600.00 I had to pay almost 1200.00 and got no credit as I was told. I will NEVER use CheapO air again!!

michellek79
3/30/16

I went to buy a flight today. After finding a flight and time at a price I liked, I selected it and I was told congratulations you have locked in that price. I proceeded to input my credit card information. After all of this, the price had increased by $100. I was very upset that I was told this was a guaranteed price and then to see it change. I tried calling and I was told the new price was the best offer because the airline changed the price. I informed them other places such as Expedia were offering at $20 less ($309). They were magically then able to reduce to $310. I still did not wish to accept this price and gave up and called back. This time they once again told me they could not offer me the initial price. They were willing to give me "competitive rates and try to work on a discount". To add insult to injury, they then quoted me a new flight. The price was $20 above what CheapOair was offering online. I called him out on it and was told he was not using the companies website. He then tried to ask me if I wanted to book with him at the higher rate. I am highly offended with this company.

victoriav24
3/28/16

Shortly before my flight, they sent me completely different seat assignments that the ones I choose when booking. I and my companion are in the worse seats possible for both legs of our flight to Miami from Los Angeles - middle seat of the middle section of the plane in different rows. Mind you I booked the seats nearly two months ago.

raquelm11
3/28/16

I would suggest to any friend, family member or future consumer to NOT use this website to book any travel plans. I booked an airline for travel. Called to inquire about a possible travel date change & price. While speaking with the agent before I officially confirmed ANY change I was disconnected. The agent changed the flight without a confirmation and charged my credit card. Customer service was poor. I asked to speak with a supervisor and I was placed on hold for 45 minutes only to be told they would listen to the recording & have someone call me with in 24 hours. A representative never called. I had to pay an additional amount to correct the unauthorized change back to the original travel dates.
I am a professional in a customer service industry and would never consider arguing with a customer or not following up with.

vant16
3/27/16

I purchased a ticket with Willy. He confirmed with me by phone and by his COMPANY MAIL the cancellation condition. However Cheapoair never respects that commitment. I left messages, via different ladies and gentlemen, many times to Willy but he never call me back. I asked to talk with the supervisor but they let me waiting on the phone for 01 hour and 15 minutes then my phone had no more battery. Very disappointed!!.

Can you call me? You have me phone number in my file.My booking number is 32 82 43 06.

paulb241
3/26/16

My family and I are planning an overseas trip. We found good prices on for flights on Korean Airline on Cheapoair. So we made reservations. We want to sit together as a family, but Cheapoair has a high fee to reserve seats. I tried calling Korean Air since we are part of their frequent flier program. Korean Air said that Cheapoair did not process the reservation. So I call Cheapoair (the first of several calls). First, I have to listen to the insurance sales pitch. Then I'm offered a cheaper price for seat reservations ($14.95 per seat). But the issue about the reservation with Korean is unresolved. I get transferred to a manager who tells me the price of the ticket has gone up. I refuse to pay more and he drops the price increase. He tells me he just confirmed the reservation with Korean. So I call Korean Air back. The reservations are still not confirmed. I call CheapoAir again (long hold time, insurance sales pitch...). In one conversation, the representative tells me the flight is confirmed, I can reserve seats at no charge, I can reserve seats at a cost of $14.95 per seat and, finally, I can't reserve seats at all. I became so concerned with the company's lack of competence, I felt it was best to pay the $25 cancellation fee for fear that I would show up at the airport with no flight reservations.

marissaf2
3/25/16

My ex-husband told me about Cheapoair, so I used them to book a flight to Puerto recently. When my son and I arrived at the airport we obtain our tickets at the kiosk and then checked in our luggage and waited to board the plane. The transaction went through seamlessly and we had no issues using their service. I would definitely use them again and refer them to friends and family! :)

janas6
3/20/16

My husband and I were booking a flight to visit his family in Monterrey, Mexico for Christmas time. We saw the flights that we wanted in early December and the flights were going so quickly with the good rates on the cheapoair.ca website that we had to call them because we were having difficulty booking the flight. We told them the cost that it was online, the flight number and the times of the flights. We explained what the price was online and he said that he would book it for us. He booked it for us and charged us that price in US dollars instead of in Canadian dollars like we quoted on the phone. This was our first time booking through cheapoair and we have had a horrible experience dealing with this ever since. My husband and our baby got sick right before Christmas Day with the flu and we had to cancel our flight. We sent in doctor's documents and they said those were not sufficient, so we asked our doctor to write a more detailed note. We received a service charge back but were never given the difference between the flights. Now that we want to go see my husband's family for Easter, we are having so much trouble. We have to book with United we were told and all the United flights are so much more expensive and have so many connecting flights. We will have to pay even more money just to be able to go see my husband's family. This is the worst experience we have had in purchasing flights to Mexico and we fly to Mexico often ( at least twice a year). The customer service is horrible!! We have been emailing and calling cheapoair billings department and talking to agent after agent. I wonder if the CEO knows that his/her company is being run this way. We will never book through this website again and will definitely tell all of our family and friends to never book with them either. What a terrible experience!! Completely exhausting!!

alinec2
3/20/16

This is a piece of advice for canadians booking with Cheapoair. While you book your flights and you go through the hole purchasing process, the compagny is displaying the price in in canadian dollars. So when you buy the tickets, you are expecting you've been paying in CAN dollars. Yet, they charged my bank the same price but in US dollars. My flights costed me half more and they never want to fixed or to admit that even with screen shots of the transaction.

mitchc18
3/19/16

Wish I had read these reviews before booking through this company. Made a reservation Boston to Paris, after confirming the flight I realized I messed up one of the dates. Called cheap-o and had the date changed at my expense. ( Ok my fault ). Receive new conformation with correct times and dates. All is good until I get a call from cheap-o a few hours describing a price increase nearly doubling the initial price. After a 30 minute back and forth they told me no problem, never mind, all is the same as It was. What just happened? Feeling uncomfortable, I went directly to the airlines website and used my locator # to verify the information. Turns out the cheap-o agent, took it upon himself, so I wouldn't have to pay the price increase, changed the times of my departure without updating me about it. Long story short it took hours to convince these people that I was canceling because they baited me with a low fare and switched the price and times without my permission and that they needed to refund my money so I could walk away...make that run away. My best advice is don't use their service. Update: Now days after posting this review I discover I have been charges twice. Once by cheap-o and once by the airline... Time to initiate charge back.

philipv10
3/18/16

I booked a flight with these guys and called them immediately afterwards to fix a typo in a passenger name. They charged me $49 without my authorization in order to make the change, then said they could not undo the charge. I got an email 10 days later saying that my booking had been canceled with no explanation. I called them and they said they couldn't verify my bank info. I know that that was a lie because they successfully charged my card (same card!) for the $49. I had to call them with the Wells Fargo fraud department on the line to get them to refund me that fee. I believe that their plan was to take that money and never attempt to make the reservation I booked.

challas
3/15/16

Booked on Fri, Dec 11, 2015 for the flight Tue, Dec 22, 2015 in air port the air line people stopped me and they said that they will refund the full amount and they given one letter to me and they said that you will get the refund by your agent and i started calling to cheapoair from 24Dec2015 and till the date i didn't receive any kind of money and my booking no:31955756

chuckr25
3/12/16

They booked me into Bangkok with 1 hr 45 min. That is not enough time because of luggage pickup delay in and out of customs etc.
It cost me $150 extra because of CheapOair.

rogeriol
3/11/16

I booked a flight for a business trip with this company, i never recieved a call from them and with out telling me they cancelled the flight only for me to call back and get charged $120 more for the same flight WHILE THEY WERE STILL HOLDING MY FIRST PAYMENT after waiting on hold for 30 min then they transfered me again to do a "verification" on my card EVEN THOUGH I WAS JUST CHARGED AGAIN FOR THE SECOND FLIGHT which they say they make 1st time customers do i was ON HOLD for 56 minutes so i called from another line and the guy who was ridiculously rude told me that wait time is normal and theres nothing they can do , ive been traveling for years and buying flights from different sites and have never dealt with a morr unprofessional ass backwards company in my life i will never do business with them again! An hour and 30 mins later and still on hold with 2 payments held. Save your time and your money and book with another company.

johnf221
3/11/16

Booked a flight from Birmingham to Aberdeen return, on confirmation, I realized that I had made an honest mistake on the return flight (needed to amend my return date), I phoned the customer service (10min after the booking and 48hrs before I was supposed to fly) only to be told the additional charge for the amendment was £227 which was more expensive than the original return ticket, when I told them it was unacceptable and wanted a refund, I was given the usual T&C and that it was not refundable.

So now someone else will get my seat as I can no-longer fly which means they get double profit - for me it's not about the money but rather the principal, it amounts to day light robbery, while I cant fault the staff, the Cheapoair policy is a joke. Penny wise pound foolish.....never again will I book through you.

Btw - I went to the airline direct who was willing and refund me the cost of the airline ticket, at least they take customer satisfaction more seriously......I will be booking directly with the airlines in future definitely not Cheapoair.....should change your company name to Cheaposervice......

darcid
3/9/16

My boyfriend and I purchased tickets to Thailand through Cheapoair and 4 days later they sent us an email saying our booking was cancelled. We had to call them and figure out why. Apparently our credit card wasn't verified so they couldn't go through with the transaction. We called the credit card company and they said no attempt was made to charge the card. Unfortunately, the ticket fares went up and we had to pay over $200 more for the EXACT SAME flight. They should have been more accommodating. The supervisor that we talked to said he would "refund" our seat reservation fee. Instead, they cancelled it completely and left us with no seats. We had to call them at least 5 times, numerous transfers and confusing conversations. All for more expensive tickets and precious wasted time. I will not be booking with Cheapoair again. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. BEWARE.

raychellec1
3/8/16

Cheapoair deducted twice from my banking account for the same transaction. only offered my a verbal apology. I now have to wait 7-14 business days for funds to be credited back to my account. I've never had any business do such crazy mess with my account.

howieg
3/5/16

Booked a flight at a fair price, one week later I received a cancellation email at 1AM due to none verification. Spoke with customer service and supervisor for over an hour only to receive "sorry sir." They wanted to charge me an addition $350+ dollars to re-book the exact same flight. After reading some reviews/comments which look to have been attempted to remove, it seems like a common practice for CheapOair to offer a price ONLY to cancel due to "verification" issue and then want more money to re-book; a common illegal bate and switch scheme. Any bank verification is handled by my bank and I receive a text for any fraudulent activity. I am highly discouraged and disappointed with CheapOair and how they conduct themselves. Their customer service is outsourced and doesn't seem to convey any empathy or sympathy for the heartache they cause.

jima58
3/1/16

we have booked 2 quick get aways in the last year & the price for flight & room were GREAT. i will definitely use them again.

dans145
3/1/16

overall experience was extremely nice

yarons1
2/29/16

I've reserved a flight through cheapoair and the servic is fantastic. It is high recommended to work with this website.

vivianr21
2/28/16

WHEN MAKING YOUR RESERVATION GET SOMEONE THAT YOU CAN UNDERSTAND!
GET THEIR NAME AGE AND POSSIBLE THEIR SS#. ENDED PAYING DOUBLE!

40 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the CheapOair staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
4/12/16
Add your answer
3/29/16
Answer
donnas77
A: Its is a real agency but not a good one. They book unavailable fligjts and then you have to call and go thru several people to make sure they dont charge you. DONT USE THEM. Book thru other sites or airlines themselves.
3/29/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the CheapOair staff and other customers.

7 Photos for CheapOair