US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

christinat5

People rate this site negatively for its poor facility, unclear terms of conditions, and inprompt customer service. (in 43 reviews)

michaela113

Did not take long to find a flight that worked good for me at a very reasonable price. (in 110 reviews)

jenniferl10

The iPhone app is so easy to use and I got my confirmation email a few minutes after my transaction was complete. (in 9 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

traceem
11/24/14

I've been a customer of Cheapoair's for over four years now. I've never had a problem in all of the years I've booked with them. They have amazing customer service. They'll email and call you to see how your flight went. 5 stars across the board!!!

Tip for consumers: They usually have coupon codes which helps!

michaela113
11/23/14

Very user friendly website and easy to navigate. Did not take long to find a flight that worked good for me at a very reasonable price. I recommend cheapoair to anyone trying to find an economical flight

shanter2
11/22/14

This was my third time using cheap o air and when i fly again i will continue to purchase my tickets through cheap o air #Lovem to

Tip for consumers: They are very helpful when trying ro book flights

lillianp7
11/21/14

This group is amazing. Given the name, I was expecting no frills, but the opposite occurred.
When I had to change flights, the agent stuck with me until I was convinced I had the best deal, given the situation--she inspired confidence. Also, when I booked another flight, another agent actually called me to tell me the flight had cancelled and again, he stuck with me for a considerable amt of time resolving the issue. Excellent service!!

jacquesb13
11/11/14

bought an international flight with cheapoair.my card was debited twice for an amount of more than$3000,flight was cancelled but cheapoair never informed me .I contacted them for an alternative as it was not convenient I cancelled and according to cheapoair it will take two months or more to be refunded .I can imagine for people less fortunate that they would have to cancel their trip.I booked again with a reputable company .Hope the refund will materialised but will be very reluctant to use this company again. will keep you posted if refunded

katrinan3
11/10/14

UPDATED 11/10/14: Silas, CheapOair from New York called me and very professional able to solved my problem. He said I can use the cheapOair credit for the next trip before its expired 11/2015. Just need to talk to the right person. I will use CheapOair in the future.

Thanks,
Katrina

melissae9
11/9/14

Cheapoair.com has the lowest fares, is easy to use, and delivers what they promise with no hidden costs. They make online travel planning easy; I'll be back!

brunol21
11/8/14

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NONE. BEEN TRYING TO CORRECT LAST NAME & IT IS IMPOSSIBLE, CONTACTED AIRLINES & CANNOT WITHOUT CHEAPAIR CONTACTING THEM. WORST MISTAKE,NEVER USE THEM AGAIN

Tip for consumers: SAVE YOUR SELVES THE HEADACHE. DO NOT USE

jr96
11/3/14

This company lacks integrity, honesty & customer service. After booking international flights for my family of five in June 2014 for fixed travel dates in December2014, our itinerary has been changed six times. Appauling! Each time the change is worse & I relpy to the emails & wait for over 25 minutes on hold only to speak to a rude rep with thick accents thet cant understand what Im calling about! FRUSTRATED!!! Never use this website

Tip for consumers: Dont book unless you're willing to deal with chaos & poor customer service!

catherinep11
10/30/14

The most dishonest company I have ever dealt with. They overcharged my credit card by $200. They said sorry and said I would receive a refund within 7 to 14 days. It has been 4 weeks and counting. When you get to customer service (if you can) all they can tell me is that it is being processed. This is the second time this has happened. Once they have your credit card number they will charge it without your authorization. Stay away from this company.

alicem32
10/24/14

i want to thank Derek for changing our flights as the website was initially confusing about that. I appreciate that we were not charged a $200 fee. thank you. i will use cheap o air again!

kathrynd4
10/21/14

Flight changed without notification (could not continue trip with my husband). Also: offer for discounted hotel associated with flight reservation included hidden fees resulting payment of significantly more than the hotel advertised rate.

Tip for consumers: Avoid the aggravation - Avoid CheapOair!

vilnisb
10/2/14

No customer service whatsoever. I have never been able to talk to a person. Cheapo notified me of a change in flight schedules. I declined to accept changes, and did what was asked of me to get someone to assist me. No response! Have been on hold for over twenty minutes each time I called customer (what a joke) service.
Never in my life have I experienced such a lack of service!

Tip for consumers: Never, never never book through them!

jameso24
9/26/14

Scammers avoid at all costs...
Tried to book a flight to Ireland through their site.. Went through the motions and it was £136 which was fine.. After putting credit card details in it wouldn't accept saying the person travelling needs to use their card, which was my card and I'm flying??
Called helpline and spoke to a man called rosondo. Was told the flight was actually £190, I explained my screen was saying £136, he said would reduce which he did 3 times when I wouldn't accept and said his final offer was £160... Again I explained I went through the process Again and am still getting a price of £136. Agent was at this point rude and told he couldn't help me unless I paid £160.
I refused and went direct to ryan air and got the same flight for £128... This site is a scam and should be avoided, my advice skip these type of companies and go direct to the airline...

Tip for consumers: Do not use

jeanetteh7
9/25/14

This is an appalling company it is surprising they are still operating. I would be very interested in bringing an international Class Action law suit against them to not only bring them to justice and make them responsible and accountable for their actions but also with a view bringing world wide media and social media attention to the way they operate. I would be very interested in others who have the same feelings and would be interested in being part of this process. Pleases express your interest on this web sight thank you. I envisage that facebook would ultimately be a good choice of social networking to ultimately establish the beginnings of this process. Thank you for your support

Tip for consumers: STRONGLY advise anyone NOT to use this company

rudym20
9/15/14

"Honeymoon Disaster!" We planned all of our trip threw this website given confirmation that this would be an all pre-paid trip we figured no worries besides pre registration with flight room etc. Ending our trip in Maui which we had planned a Helicopter Ride around parts of the island we arrived at Maui Air we had thought since they had taken our deposite of $460 dollars in June we pretty much locked in a spot. Nope! They never knew we were showing up cause cheapOair never sent them the request or any info. Sounds funny right? Whelp long story short my wife has been on the phone with customer service for 2hrs and no one wants to be responsible for the money let alone blaming a whole other vendor for their mistake SMH! Thanks CheapOAir more like poor excuse of customer service don't deal with these A$&Holes if you are desperate.....

Tip for consumers: Don't Bother With This Company You Will Regret It!

davidb221
9/8/14

This is a joke airline ticket site!! they will bait and switch you. You will think you are getting a deal, but really its a already clicked box that says your flexible with our dates. What a scam. The best part is when you call them back after 15 mins you think your going to get your funds release; well think again. they will hold your money for 7-14 business days. WOW what a scam!!! This is what they emailed me???
Thank you for choosing CheapOair.com for your travel reservations.

Your reservation with booking # 23542494 made on 09/05/2014 has been cancelled on 09/05/2014.

Any charges or authorizations made to your credit or bank card will be released within 7 – 14 business days.

CheapOair.com.

ronh37
9/7/14

These folks don't know what customer service is. When I called in to make a flight chance I was put on hold (someon answered asked how they could help, listened than please hold) for over 45 minutes before I hung up. I emailed them while on hold which is what they ask you to do and 3 hours later with no one calling me to discuss they closed my request saying it had been resolved. Be careful!!! They're playing a shell game.

jacobv6
9/7/14

These guys are sneaky! We bought two return tickets to South Africa in August 2014 for travel in November 2014. The following day they contacted me to let me know the airline changed the itinerary. The agent was not able to find a flight for the same price that would get me to my destination when I needed it too. While I was on the phone with the agent I pulled up their website to see what I could find. I found a flight with the correct dates for about the same price I paid for the original tickets. What the website displayed was apparently no longer available. I refreshed my browser several times. The same itinerary kept popping up. This means that they lure you with cheap tickets for flights that are no longer available. Once they have your money, they can charge you a cancellation fee or up sell you to a more expensive flight. I am reporting these guys to the BBB.

Tip for consumers: Book your flights somewhere else.

beverlyi1
8/27/14

My daughter is a military wife and she was taking military hops to the states. Once she got to states she is responsible for her travel. I booked a flight from San Jose, California to Atlanta, Ga. I selected a flight that took off at 9:51 and arrived at Atlanta airport at 7:13. We live 1 hour and half from airport. I booked flight on Monday for her to fly on Wednesday. What they actually ticketed her for was another flight that arrived at 10:02 P.M. My granddaughter who is 3 years old is also traveling with her. I called CheapOair about the problem. The first call I was sent to another department for booking issues where man told me it was my mistake and hung up on me. Called back asked to speak to Booking Manager was put on hold for 20 minutes no one ever answered call. Called back and spoke to another lady who was somewhat nice but told me it would cost me $200.00 per ticket to make the change to what I had purchased and also that it was my fault that they computers don't make mistakes. It took my daughter approximately 9 days to get to the states with the military hops we looked at these flights so many times and we reviewed the flight as I made the reservation. I have never been treated so badly by a company as this one. I would NEVER advise anyone to use this company. It is like the ole saying you get what you pay for, cheap flights, cheap service. RUN RUN pay a little more it will be worth it.

Tip for consumers: I feel that you must give credit due when credit is due, after the big problem with my daughter's flight Cheap-O-Air gave me a credit for the flight. The initial experience left me with the worst customer service experience I had ever had but I have to say they stepped up to the plate and did all they could to make things right in this situation.

davidc64
8/25/14

Cheap-o-air are bait and switch experts, and if you ever miss your flight, they make life hell for you, and will give you a refund, in one or two months after you pay an extortion fee of $200.00 for the refund. They won't even take the refund amount and put it towards a different flight. They expect you to just make other flight arrangements with them and wait one to two months for your refund. If they do this to enough people then they can make a lot of interest and using your money to do it. It's a racket. The the first time they did this to me was when I was changing my flight date, and the second time was when an accident on the highway kept me from catching my flight on time. I'm done, and will use KAYAK from now on.

warreni
8/14/14

I made a reservation 6 months in advance for a trip to Kodiak. After cheapoair changed my flight once which wasn't a huge deal I called them to see about returning one day early. It was at least a month before the trip was to take place. After a 40 minute hold I get the full on Indian call center. No big deal other than my rep's English was second grade level at best and as if that wasn't enough it sounds like there was a riot going on inside the office. I press on and explain that my work was cut short and I'd like to come home a day early, the reason is my wife is days, maybe hours away from giving birth to our first child. I also did not mind paying a few bucks extra on top of the 1200 bucks I had already given them in March for an August flight. They could care less. Worst service ever. All I was offered was if I canceled I could get a refund in cheapoair credit good for "most travel"?? Then I could book an entire new trip. Really? Now as I sit in my room in Kodiak(hoping I do not miss the birth of my son) I can't check in to any of my flights online, I have been disconnected from long holds on cheapo's FU hotline twice, and since I went through cheapoair it's like my ticket is covered with the plague when I call an airline directly. Take my advice, just go through the airline directly. If you do use a discount site make sure never to use cheapoair.

peterj51
8/9/14

Deceptive business practice
Late last night (8/6/2014), when I searched for 5 air tickets (4 adults and 4 child) to Beijing China at Cheapoair.com. It showed a price of $ 763.8 per adult and $672.2 per child. After I verified the flight schedule and entered all the passage names, DOBs, home phone number, email address, credit card number, I click the "book" button. I got a message that one of the flights is not available, asking me either go back or start a new search. However, when I went back. All flights on that day displayed “SOLD OUT”. A few minutes late, My home phone rung and a lady from Cheapoair.com was calling me. She asked “what prices are you looking for?” I replied “the price you showed on your website a moment ago” she said “I will see what I can find for you.” She asked me to “wait for 2 minutes”. I was put on hold. After a few minutes, she called back and offered a price of more than $850 per adult for the same flights which were first available on the website then became ‘SOLD OUT”. I responded “Thank you. I will look at other places” She again asked “what prices are you looking for” I answered “not at the price.” She said “I will take to my manager and see lowest price we can offer you.” Again she asked me to “wait for 2 minutes”. I was put on hold. She came back with a price around $800 per person. I didn’t take the offer. Cheapoair.com had no intention to honor the price initially listed on their website. They just use a low price on the website to get people’s information and then they try to charge people a higher price. What a deceptive business practice! What a waste of time! I will not trust them anymore. I am able to book the same flights through a travel agent today.

monicad8
8/7/14

I booked 2 tickets to Tel Aviv, before the current political dangerous situation. As the situation there deteriorated, I tried to cancel my ticket. The tickets were not refundable.. Eventually my flight was cancelled, but they will still not refund me or allow me to use the credit of my ticket for a new ticket. I am very disappointed. I have been calling the customer services of Cheapoair in a daily basis from Istanbul costing me a fortune and 20 hours later no results. I have been twice to the airport when they told me to talk to the airline directly. I will never use cheapoair and I really hope no one else does too. Just my phone bills are double to value of my tickets at this point. VERY DISAPPOINTING AND FRUSTRATING. SCAM.

jhonw2
7/30/14

Before I write this report, I've been searching through internet about this Company, (Cheapoair). There are hundreds complaints about schedule change from Cheapoair. It is the time to stop them.

Here are the stories.
I bought three tickets on May 5th 2013 from cheapoair, the flight was supposed to be scheduled as depart on 01/27/2014 and back on 02/19/2014. But instead, my return flight has been change to 02/24/2014.

The airlines had made couple times schedule change for my booking, and cheapoair always send me the email with the link that you can accept the schedule change. I always click the link and accept the schedule change. ALWAYS. On 01/20/2014, they send me an email about schedule change from airlines, but this time doesn't include the link that you can click to accept the schedule change. Instead, the email contain information about schedule change and ask me to call to confirm the schedule change, also if I can't reach them by phone the email said i can simply just reply the email with a "I accept the schedule change" in subject line. Well, at the first time I already have hesitation about this situation, so i decide to call first. The number that I dial was a number for Department of schedule change from cheapoair, which they don't even pick it up for hours. Then I have no choice, but to reply the email with "I accept the schedule change" on the subject line. On January 26 2014 (One day before my flight) an email from cheapoair sent to me and said that they are unable to retrieve my booking, and ask me to call the schedule change department again. Note that 01/26/2014 is Sunday as i remember, the day that the schedule change department is close. I was terrified, shocked. I try to call again and speak with sales department; they finally transfer me to a person who can handle my booking. And He said that my booking is good to go. So then finally I had my flight on 01/27/2014.

Here goes the problem when i supposed to have my return flight on 02/19/2014. We were at the airport and try to check in, but the staff of Saudi Arabian airlines told us that our flight has been moved to 02/24/2014. We were Shocked! There is no way that we will accept that. First, it's 5 days different. 5 days means 5 days accommodation, food, and transportation. 5 days means 5 days wages loss. Secondly, I brought a Senior citizen who needs a medical assistance.

I tried to call cheapoair internationally, but the hold is way too long and it's cost a lot for every second that I’ve been hold on line. So i decided to call my sister in law who live at California to help me to call. She finally transferred to a manager after hours waiting on hold. The Manager offers us a flight on 02/20/2014, and even willing to take care our accommodation and transport. So we accept that! But the terrifying is not end there. On 02/20/2014 morning 6:00 am an email from cheapoair came, and it said that they are unable to give us the flight. Again i have to bother my Sister in law to make another call. This time the manager didn't offer we anything but ask us to pay another $3000 so she can give us a flight that day.

It ridiculous! So we tell her that we going to buy our own tickets from other travel agents, and will take legal actions later. But the manager said that she will try to work with our refund.

We've been fight for our rights almost half of year now. Been made a hundreds calls to cheapoair. They always confuse us with the refund, sometimes they said that we have to call customer representatives to close the "open" tickets so they can refund the tickets, sometimes they said that my booking number is not on the system, sometimes they said that don't have any manager or supervisor available. It's been an exhausting and stressful effort that we gave to this case. Cheapoair said that they already work with the airlines, and they send me a $141 refund as they said that they only can refund the tax that I paid on tickets. I mean, really? $141 it's not even worth for every call that i made to cheapoair.

I think everyone who wrote that complaints about cheapoair in internet need to unite in a group and stop them (CHEAPOAIR) as one. We need to fight for our Consumer rights. For everyone who wants to join me, I am ready! Just send me an email at susanto.jhon@gmail.com and we can go from that. I will probably create a facebook page like “CHEAPOAIR HATERS” or something and we can act as one to sue this company.

Thank you very much.
Susanto Jhon

londonr1
7/28/14

I will NEVERRRRRRRRRRR book with them again the are the worst people so rude and nasty I currently had a death in the family so the amount of stress from that is enough than calling them to change my flight they were NO HELP AT ALL!!!!!!!

marshally1
7/24/14

This site is terrible! It even charges you for selecting seats, without telling you ahead of time. I'll never ever use this site again.

ling16
7/15/14

I gave cheapoair one star because there is no rating lower than that. I booked France airline ticket through cheapoair and received an E-ticket. I flew to London from Los Angeles with the ticket and everything is ok. But when I came back, I was told by France Airline check-in staff that my seat was booked for one day later than the date shows on my ticket. I had to pay 235 Euro to get a seat like I changed flying date. When I returned home, I called cheapoair for their mistake. Customer service answered my call but let me wait forever after I told them I had a problem with the E-ticket they issued. I tried different customer service numbers of cheapoair and got the same reaction.

kathier
7/13/14

Had a wonderful trip at a great price.Much cheaper than everyone we chatted with in our resort.We will be booking again soon.

reshus
7/9/14

CheapOAir is okay if everything goes well. 1st time we booked with them to go to france, no problem. 2nd time we booked 4 tickets to go to Nepal for dec 2014, it was a disaster. We booked this flight because of the price and convenient layover times on 2 stops. Then problems started when the times of some of the flights has been changed by airlines due to that we have layover of more than 8 hrs in doha which was not acceptable as we have younger kids. Then we started calling customer service, spent over 4 hrs waiting on 4 calls still problem unsolved. We had no clue which one is our real ticket. Neither they were willing to refund fully nor they were giving any other option to change the flight. Now we are stuck with the flight that is not what we bought for. Every time we call they gave different refund amount. Terrible terrible unprofessional customer service. Please avoid this company.

agrona
7/7/14

Bad bad customer service.. I spoke to three different agents and all had different prices in mind for my request to change return date... all i wanted to do is change the return date and so called first guy I talk to tolled me to wait until the trip is in motion and because it will be cheaper and so I did.. when i called back they asked me for 1500 to change dates on 1 trip 2 passengers.. i thought i was a bit high so I asked if I could call back the next day.. when I called back the next day another guy asked me for 4200.00 for the same thing.. triple the amount in one day.. long story short, I had to purchase bran new tickets for my wife and 4 year old completely change the trip and on top of it all my wife and 4 year old have a 15hr layover in Turkey unbelievable how is a 4 year old going to last for 15hrs at a airport.. cheapoair representatives that I spoke to showed no sympathy for my family even tho I have purchased trips worth almost 10K no sympathy no discounts no follow up.. I work in a customer service industry and I tell you this is not a way to treat your customers. I will never go go back to them again.

dominickf8
7/4/14

A long story short, I understand when you make a change in your flights you pay an extra fee. I totally get that, but... when they put another person's name on the ticket that's for you, please help me understand. These clowns still expect you to pay for their mistake and more. If you like throwing your money away... This is the agency for you! They should check for the recorded conversation I had with their customer service rep. While I stated several times is for Dominick... They put Camilla?!? Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong but even when you pronounce those two names they are spelled different and sound nothing alike. Yet, they still expect me to pay extra to fix their mistake. Caution for all travelers! Unsafe! I would not trust them, not even to feed themselves.

internationalt
6/27/14

Cheapoairline is just terrible. We wanted to change our ticket and called multiple time. Every time you get some indian person on the phone that has no idea what they are doing. The flight cost 1.700$ and than they have the balls to offer you to change a small part of the route for 3000$ when you could buy a whole new ticket for 1500$. That they think you are that stupid is just awful. HORRIBLE booking agency. Be smart and don't buy a flight with them. It's the total rip-off, just to warn you. There are really much better sites around as kayak, tripadvisor and plenty others. Don't let them fool you...You will waste hours and still just run into a wall with whatever you want to accomplish.

cathyo2
6/27/14

I purchased two plane tickets that were non-refundable. The airline changed the flight and that was not acceptable to me, when I called to tell them that I did not agree with the flight change and asked for my money back they first said nothing that they could do, when I called the airline US Airways said that Cheap-o was responsible for refunding the ticket. I called Cheap-O back and after 2hours on the phone they said that they would refund my two tickets. When I called back to see where the refund was they said I would see it soon on my credit card. Then I get a notice from US Airways saying that I have up to a year to use my tickets at a $200 per ticket penalty. That is not a refund. I would encourage NO People to use Cheap-O Airlines. They have poor customer service, they lie, and if you run into a problem they will not resolve the problem. I would give them a -ZERO- but they do not have a ZERO star rating

jamess182
6/25/14

This business sucks! I put in a date and time for my travel, and when my options came up, I picked the fear I want to pay and gave them my credit card info the date on travel day changed! When I called them up and explained what had happened they said where sorry, but your gonna have to pay anyway, but you can have a sixty day credit with Spirit airlines, I'm sure the airline is good but these people are crooks, I told them I don’t want a credit with this airline I'm trying to get to a wedding on this date! , and not on a date you want me to travel. After about an hour of holding on the phone, and boy they love to put you on hold they finally came on the phone and said that they would give me a total refund, yeah right my credit my credit card was zapped! For the total bill. My advise to you is Kayak.com or bookingbuddy.com or just anyone else but these people good luck.

abel294
6/20/14

Booked a flight from Toronto to London. While I was booking, the price had gone up 300% of what it it should have been. Website says you can get a Price match refund for the difference if you call within 4h of booking. I called within 1h. Person I talked to would not give me the price match. They would only cancel and refund, minus $400 of the ticket cost. I have since rebooked with another agent, who said they would refund the additional $400, but I have my doubts as they would not give me any sort of written confirmation.

Update - I now have written confirmation that they will give me a full refund. Only time will tell if this will be reflected on my credit card statements.

justink22
6/20/14

CheapOair sent me a confirmation email with incorrect information about the departure time, causing me to miss my flight. The customer service representative was rude and argued with me for an hour, insisting that since the attached PDF with the tickets included the correct time that they were not at fault for the incorrect information in the email. This is absurd. It is completely unacceptable to provide customers with incorrect information, even if "some" of it is correct. They refused to give me a refund initially, and the outsourced customer support representative was stubborn and dense.

Update: after writing this review I was contacted by customer support and issued a refund for the ticket I had to buy at the last minute. Unfortunately I still lost several days of traveling, as I purchased a ticket later in the week for a cheaper price after being told my money would not be refunded. Anyway, the woman on the phone (in the US this time) was kind and I am grateful for the refund.

rakeshr2
6/20/14

I made a flight reservation with Cheapoair on 30th May and called in to Cheapoair to CANCEL the booking on the same day we did the reservation. It was stated very clearly FREE CANCELLATION on your website. Firstly, their staff had confirmed my cancellation and promised me that I will get a FULL REFUND in the next 7-14 days. At the point of my cancellation, the amount was not deducted from my bank account yet, it was only being HELD at that point of time. Therefore, I didn't think there will be any deductions since it was just being held and your staff can simply instruct accordingly and make sure no collection was made. However, the following morning I was very disappointed to see a deduction of approximately (USD 481.60) made by Cheapoair from my account on 31st May. Why did this happen? I was constantly put on hold when i tried to call them. I am still waiting for my refund and have made an official complaint to my bank to investigate. Cheapoair has the worse customer service i have ever experienced. Their staff are very inconsiderate and the company just cares about your money and nothing else. I have told all my friends never to trust their website and i am now advising whoever is reading this to not even think about buying from them.

sarahm76
6/9/14

I booked a ticket to Turkey for June 2014 and bought their insurance, and it is next to impossible to get my $ back without a $200 fee charged for the cancellation. The reason for my not going is the water canons, strikes and all of the fighting going on at the moment. I might take a $1500 hit, even with lousy insurance from Stonebridge. (TravelX). DO NOT BOOK THROUGH THEM AT ALL COSTS. READ THE SUPER FINE PRINT., *****Today, June 10, 2014 I spoke with Sr. Management, and I have been given a goodwill store credit of $1488 for travel next June 1, 2015. I wish that I would not have needed to write these bad reviews, but I did tell them that I'd update all of the reviews. After I apply the credit at the end of the year, I will update the review again.*****

jeffreyb33
6/7/14

I host some Brazilian students attending college in the US and one of them booked a trip through CheapOair. His flight was cancelled by them and they have not refunded his money. They insist that they did not swipe his card, yet he has receipts from his bank reporting the charges against his account. He has not been able to get any additional help from them.

oksanam2
6/3/14

Absolutely horrific experience using this vendor! NEVER, NEVER have anything to do with them. We made a reservation for a ticket 5 days ago, saw that the website gave us flex date and called to cancel reservation within10 to 15 minutes. The customer service rep told us that the cancellation was made, did not give us a confirmation number and assured us that we are good to go and don't need one. The next day when the charge was still on our card we called them again and they confirmed that the flight was cancelled and told us that the refund will get updated in the system within3-6 days. Now 5 days later, my husband has been on the phone with them for 4 hours, they ask us a lot of illegal questions, seemingly give us fake names and tell that our phone call isn't even in their system. Where about 4 pr so people have received from us a screenshot of a call, time, duration made to their company the night we made a cancellation. What a terrible business!!!!

kc52
5/27/14

6. Re: Cheapoair
yesterday, 23:59

21. Re: Cheapo Air

today, 19:22

Cheapoair is not a company you want to buy flights through. I recently bought 2 flights for my new employees arriving from overseas to my home here in Canada. Because of a U.S. immigration technicality, I had to cancel their flights through Cheapoair but chose to rebook through Cheapoair so that my new employees could fly a different route that wouldn't have them touch down in the U.S.A. Cheapoair said that they would arrange a credit for the first flights that were booked and then cancelled. Within the hour I received the credit. The credit said that there was a $0.00 USD cancellation fee and that I had a credit of $876.22 USD for the unused flights. I decided that I would like to use that credit with Cheapoair this coming weekend and fly return from Calgary to San Francisco. When I placed my call I ended up speaking with someone from India. The Cheapoair representative in India said that they didn't have the credit and that I should talk to West Jet because that's where my credit was. I called West Jet and they said that there was no credit with them. I called cheapoair back and ended up speaking with someone in India again. The Cheapoair representative at that time told me that West Jet had in fact refunded my flight back onto MY Visa card. I didn't recall ever seeing a credit on my Visa so I placed a call to Visa to inquire if there ever was a credit that I may have missed. My Visa representative said that there definitely wasn't any refund on my Visa from West Jet or Cheapoair. I called West Jet and they advised me once again that I wasn't in their system anywhere. West Jet advised me that all of their ticket numbers start with "838" and that I should call Cheapoair back and get the flight numbers for my two new employees. At this point I feel like I'm in a game of "piggy in the middle". I don't blame West Jet for this. I call Cheapoair back and once again my call lands in India. The Cheapoair representative confirms two ticket numbers that I can then take back to West Jet. I call West Jet and they CONFIRM that a refund was sent to the visa number that was provided to them by Cheapoair. The problem with the Visa number was that it wasn't my Visa number, but a Visa number that belonged to Cheapoair. I learned this when I called Cheapoair back to advise them that West Jet had already released the money to a Visa card but the Visa card wasn't mine. The Cheapoair representative put me on hold like they had done all day. ON HOLD AGAIN! The representative came back on the phone and confirmed that West Jet IN FACT had refunded the money back to Cheapoair's Visa. I asked when they planned on forwarding it to me. The Cheapoair representative said that two billing cycles (two months) were needed to execute the refund. The Cheapoair representative said that he would have to put me on hold AGAIN so that he could transfer me to their admin department. I held and then got cut off. As you can see in my account of the day so far, I've called Cheapoair several times and found myself on hold for a minimum of five minutes. Then when I do get through to someone, I have to go through all the details again and then guess what? I'm back on hold. I finally insist on speaking to a supervisor from North America. I figure maybe the office in India is too far removed from this American company. I finally get a call from the American office of Cheapoair and they agree that two billing cycles is needed to refund but then recognized that I was well past the two cycles (two months). The representative from Cheapoair takes down all of the details AGAIN and says she will go to her manager with the issue and get back to me. I wait and then finally get a call back. The American Cheapoair representative advises me that the credit they sent me was a credit and not a refund. In short, they got the refund from West Jet but were only "obligated" to give me a credit. I said "fine! Put the credit towards my flight from Calgary to San Francisco that leaves this Thursday and don't delay because there is limited space left and prices keep climbing. The Cheapoair representative then advised me that they refunded within 90 days if I wanted the refund instead of the credit. I asked her what happened to the two billing cycles that I was quoted earlier. She said that she and the people in India were mistaken and that it was a 90 day waiting period for all refunds. The whole time I'm dealing with this Cheapoair representative she's reminding me that she's going to work for me and that she's my friend and that I shouldn't be short on patience with her. She advised me that once again she would have to go to her managers and "fight" for my cause. I waited a few minutes and got the call back from her. This time she pointed out that she would like to apply my credit in place of the refund but couldn't because the ticket's were issued to the two new employees, and pointed out that she recognizes that my Visa bought the flight's, but the credit was for the use of the two employees because it was their name on the ticket and not mine. She said that if I waited another month I would get a refund of $720.00 USD. I asked why I wasn't getting the full $876.22 USD because the refund voucher from Cheapoair CLEARLY stated that I was being charged $0.00 USD for the cancellations of the said tickets. She just mumbled that I had to pay a cancellation fee. So the summary of this experience with Cheapoair is that I have to pay a cancellation fee even though their voucher CLEARLY states that there is no cancellation fee. I have to wait 90 days for a refund that they have long collected from West Jet. In essence Cheapoair is sitting on my money and collecting interest of which I will see none of it. Cheapoair has collected the refund from West Jet but chooses only to give me a credit, but not to me, but to the names of the passengers at that time? In short I'm out of pocket for my flight to San Fransisco this weekend and I may or may not get a refund from Cheapoair. All Cheapoair had to do was apply the money owed to me to the flights I needed this weekend and things would be fine and I wouldn't be adding to the long list of blogs warning people to stay away from doing business with Cheapoair. When I pointed this out to Cheapoair they weren't interested. I plan on reporting Cheapoair to both the BBB and to West Jet. I will NEVER do business with Cheapoair again and I suggest you don't either.

debbieg18
5/27/14

The employees were good and helpful. I was upset because I had booked the seating and didn't get them when we got to our flight. But overall it was good

kaustubhj
5/23/14

I have booked my trips with cheapoair about 3 or 4 times before and always got the best deal and best experience. No hassle. But the last time I booked a flight ticket for my mom from Mumbai to Miami and return, she had to o through a long wait at the Miami International Airport while returning from Miami to Newark even though this was clearly united airlines fault. This was a just a bad experience when I paid extra $400 to change the itinerary.

jamesw121
5/21/14

The reservation process was easy and there is no question that I got a great rate. I also liked the reminders that were sent to me. I would use cheapoair.com again.

timb58
5/19/14

It was easy as can be to get on, search for the lowest fare and complete travel arrangements quickly.

feliciak1
5/16/14

everything was perfect i had to make make a difficult reservation and the gentelman that helped me made everything so much easier for me and was able to get the flights exactly how i needed them. trying to make reservations when you have a young child is hard but using cheap o air really made it easy affordable and very understandable for me thank you very much

amandac28
5/13/14

I attempted to book an emergency flight for mymother to travel to see my step father who had been admitted to the hospital. I booked got my booking number waited th suggested 30 minutes for a ticket number to no avail. I then called waited on hold for 40 minutes to be told wait another 30 minutes. Again no ticket number I had placed my phone number on their call back list recieved a call back again I asked for the ticket number this particular representative states wait 3-4 hours for a ticket number.... what happen to 30 mintures I advised that the flight was in less than 12 hours as it is an emergency booking. She then says I will transfer your call to our ticketing deprartment I waited on hold for 1hr49minutes before I hung up to call the normal customer service number waited once again for 43 minutes to find I need to be transfered again to cancel my booking since it seemed I was never getting the ticket number and I were to it wouldn't have been in time for my mother to board the flight. My final transfer the representative Paulette agent number 35091 out of New Deli India said it will only take 3 mintutes for you to get a rep that can cancel you booking so I asked her to hold on the line and warm confernece me she then said I can not do that. I said well I am sure you can hold with me until the promised three mintute hold time is up. Paulettes response well I can not garuntee that will only take three mintures. Well here we go again it will take this long but....... you may be waiting forever!!! Worst customer service experience ever do not use this site!!! Do not book you may never get a ticket number.

eleanorm3
5/9/14

Absolutely abysmal site. Ordering was fine, except the fees were much higher with added tax they didn't tell me about. I had to cancel my reservation because I found a better flight with United, and Cheapoair was terrible! I called (10 minute wait) and right after I asked to cancel, the person hung up on me. I tried their online chat twice and right after I asked to cancel my reservation, the customer service representative left the chat. I called again, held again, and the representative told me to just not get on the flight.

joem101
5/5/14

Booked a flight for my wife to Toronto. I signed for a charge of $844.89. They charged my credit card $846.68.
The more annoying thing is that they also charged me a service fee of $97.21. This, according to my credit card company, is quite legitimate. This fee is to be found buried in the terms and conditions. Had I been aware of this I would have booked more cheaply directly with the airline.
Take heed everyone. Avoid this company!!!!