US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

christinat5

People rate this site negatively for its poor facility, unclear terms of conditions, and inprompt customer service. (in 54 reviews)

miguela18

Looking for a quick flight booking with cheapOair is as easy as 1-2-3. (in 144 reviews)

jenniferl10

The iPhone app is so easy to use and I got my confirmation email a few minutes after my transaction was complete. (in 10 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

richarda61
3/2/15

They booked a flight path that was no longer in service and still charged the 2nd leg of the flight so they could profit still. It took 2 weeks of constant harassment of their telephone center in India to get a refund. The refund took 3 weeks to return. Awful customer service and an awful company.

briannab1
3/1/15

The process of booking flights was extremely easy. When I needed help changing flights or had questions about the arrangements they are available and helpful. Pleasurable all around.

kch1
3/1/15

For the most part it was a good experience. It's kind of annoying when you get someone you can't understand.

robinh42
2/28/15

This was the first time I used this site to make my travel arrangements. It gave me the best price and included reminder emails and other special offers.

nikir4
2/26/15

A great airline booking site to get better deals in low price. Completely good experience flying with them.

davidg142
2/25/15

On 2-16-2015 I booked a a flight leaving and returning flight. The agent I was working with kept saying _ return in March? I said three times return in February. I received the itinerary for I phones an said I do not have an iPhone or cell phone. The rep on the 2-16-2015 said they would email m the itinerary, but did not receive it until 2-18-2015. On 2-19-2015, I called to inform cheapoair of their mistake and was told within 24 hours they would get back to me. I spoke with Terrois (spelling close) he said you do not need me name because to rep. I spoke with would give me a call back. Terrois said they would listen to the recordings and they would let me listen to the recordings. I waited until 2-21-2015 and called them back, the rep said I could wait 45 minutes to speak to a rep or have one call me back in 1 Hour. I said have a rep.call me back in a hour and never received a call back. I called back and the recording said since you have called us several times today we will have you speak to a specialist. that was two hours age and still waiting. DO NOT USE CHEAPOAIR they are not honest. STAY AWAY.

Tip for consumers: To not trust this company they lie and do not follow-through. They are from India they know the English words. but not what they mean. STAY AWAY!

vardanv
2/24/15

good good good, thank you so much, i bought a ticket for my Girl friend she where coming to me from her city, she was so happy with the service, thank you so much.

kimt33
2/23/15

Through a friend's referral stating that CheapOAir is a great website with awesome deals, I will not conduct business with them again. I booked an American Airlines ticket from DFW to Cancun, yet I received an email stating that the departure is from Cancun to DFW. Now, I'm from Dallas, why would I book a round-trip from Cancun to Dallas? i complained to CheapOair CSR and a female representative stated that I should contact AA. aA stated that since I booked with CheapOAir, I would habe to resolve it with them. Why am I (the customer/consumer) being penalized and go through this hassle? Whatever happened to the "customer being right??" I then contacted CheapOair CSR again and spoke to Phillip, agreeing the $50 cancellation fee BUT not to the $200 rebooking fee. While informing my frustrations, I was interrupted with rudeness and stating it was "my fault" and was then hung up. After receiving a confirmation email showing the fee, it also stated I will be charged for a $200 booking fee on using the credit. On my behalf, my fiance called CheapOAir and complained to a CST named Tryst. My fiance asked for his first and last name, along with an extension number. As he was unable to help, my fiance asked for a supervisor. Then "Cruze" came on and spoke. She was completely rude and also blatantly stated she "only goes by Cruze, no extensions number, no last name" and "our extensions number changes daily". I informed her that I want someone from U.S.A speaking to me. Unfortunately it was passed business hours and into the weekend, I would have to till Monday. I am completely disappointed and frustrated in their customer service and WILL NOT recommend to my family and friends.

erinp17
2/22/15

AVOID Cheapoair like the plague. Most horrible service where agents down right lie to your face about why they won't confirm your flight because they want to scam you and lure you in with fake low fare and force you pay more. Their excuse range from overbooked to cancelled flight (which confirmed with airline directly ALL LIES). Not to mention that receipt email has airline confirmation #, cheapoair just dont want to honor their fare posted on their website. Also no one answer phone and livechat is useless as they will say someone will call you back but never do!!! AVOID this website and it should be shut down. p.s. their agent also said no guarantee of the fare they post online.

sama435
2/22/15

I had used cheap Oair.com web.the service was excellent and the everything was right and clear . And the booking was fast , easy and simple. I do recommend it to everyone .

catherinef16
2/22/15

I have only good things to say about this website and the customer service. Our flights were canceled due to bad weather and we were notified well in advance and given new tickets immediately. Thank you for your services.

Tip for consumers: Get the notifications. They're excellent and accurate.

nancys64
2/21/15

I was reluctant to book wiht a company wiht "cheap" in their name, but ifound it was easy to do. The flights were exactly what Ineeded. I was stuck in Floriday do to weather problems, and the interface between jet blue and cheap o air was fast and clean. I was able to get new flights (no charge). I will use Cheap o air again!

danielles29
2/21/15

First, my flight (purchased through CheapOAir) from Aeroflot was cancelled and the flight plan changed drastically. I was told I had to contact Cheapoair to get information on the change and to see what options were available. Each time I tried to get information I was told I would get a call back. After 4 days, I had no information. It was not until I called numerous times one day and requested I speak directly to the concerns department that i got information. They tried to book me on a flight with an impossible layover transfer (the flight they wanted me to transfer to in Moscow left FIVE MINUTES AFTER my first flight arrived. I am not equipped with a time machine to make this kind of transfer possible. When I finally found out I could no longer travel with the changes, I had to request a refund. I was supposed to hear back with confirmation of the refund with 48 hours, but it took closer to 72. I did eventually receive the refund for the flight (from Aeroflot, not Cheapoair). I discovered, however, that a refund for the insurance policy (purchased at the same time as the tickets and applying only them or travel through Cheapoair) was not given. On Feb. 10th I contacted them to request a refund and was told they would put in a request. Today is Feb. 18th and no contact has been made. I spoke with another CSR today who placed another request and said I "should" hear back in 72 hours. I would have to wait for "approval" for the refund and then it could take up to 2 months to actually receive. I also chatted with a CSR. This chat CSR told me that I would have to contact THEM again in 14 days to see if they "had any info" for me. This is after she did not respond to my chat message for over 12 minutes despite there clearly being a "0 minute wait. She (Katelyn) insisted they had to contact the airline (lie). She was either unaware that I already had my flight refunded (with no penalties), or was just blatantly trying to brush me off quickly. I have also contacted Travelex (the insurance company) and they state I must be issued a refund through Cheapoair. So, now I am waiting and very frustrated with this entire process that has been going on since Jan.

Update February 23, 2015: I received the refund for my insurance payment. The company (as you can see below) keeps misrepresenting their refund policy. The statement is very clear that a refund is due if the supplier (the airline) cancels/changes a flight a the purchaser (me) is given a full refund without penalties. Since that was my case to a T, I should not have had to fight for the refund. This is the policy statement quoted:

"If you are not satisfied for any reason, you may cancel your coverage
within 10 days of your receipt of this document. If you haven’t
already left on your Covered Trip and/or provided there has been
no covered expense, you will receive a full refund of your plan cost.
After this 10-day review period, the payment for this plan is
non-refundable, except in the following circumstances:
• The supplier cancels or changes the dates of your Covered Trip
and all penalties are waived; or
• You cancel your Covered Trip before any cancellation penalties
are in effect; or
• You have duplicate coverage for this Covered Trip or due to your
death."

I did not wish to cancel my insurance coverage until I was informed by Cheapoair that my booked flight no longer existed. The airline had changed my flight plan from a 1.5 hour layover in Moscow Russia to a ten hour layover in Moscow Russia. This was not acceptable for my trip. Once I got a hold of a CSR (after days of calls, chats and emails), I asked about my options, was given only one, which I decided was not the best for me. I was then given a full refund (from the Airline). With the refund given, I then could not use the insurance policy that I had purchased, seeing as it could only be applied to the flight that no longer existed. My requests for information about the refund went ignored for over 10 days. To reach a live person, I made a Facebook post on the Cheapoair Facebook page, which was removed from site within 24 hours. I also received an email telling me to remove this review within 24 hours. YET, I did not get an actual call or email back from the company to try to resolve my problem. It was only after I had resorted to using social media that I received a response and they even replied to my request for information regarding a refund. The company (as you can clearly see below) repeatedly quoted the first section of policy regarding refunds and ignored the EXCEPTIONS that would legally grant me a full return of my money. Only via Facebook messages (still not a single call or formal contact) was I able to make a statement regarding the need for a refund and finally get a result.

tylerh34
2/21/15

great site if your looking to book a flight fast and for a great price. when I used it everything went smooth and the customer service is great aswell, will definitely be a returning customer!

gillianj2
2/20/15

I rate cheapoair with a 5 because I received incredible customer service when my online payment had a few glitches, the representative was very patient and sounded very knowledgeable. I will definitely use this website again and again to plan my trip. Thank you guys. Great job!

srinivasanr
2/18/15

Its a good site with amazing flight deals!. I was able to get a great deal for my trip to LA last month!

jonm48
2/18/15

I had never used this website before and so tried it for our flight to and from Kauai. I was very impressed with the ease of using their website and very happy with the choices and the price we paid.

quinns18
2/14/15

Cheap O Air made it easy for me to book a flight for me and my spouse from Phoenix to Fort Myers at an amazing rate. I booked the flight less than a month in advance and was still able to book the same flights for both of us.

supriiyap
2/13/15

I was very satisfied and do not have any complains. I would definitely book again with them in the future.

kathyg33
2/11/15

I have used Cheapoair website to book airline tickets multiple times and it always gives me the best options, ease of booking, low fees and is great at notifying me of delays or changes in my flights. I can recommend Cheapoair online whole-heartedly.

rashmis2
2/11/15

I have used cheapoair multiple times and always had great experience except my most recent trip where my card was charged twice and it took me 2 days to get this sorted out.

It was very frustrating.

neilc27
2/11/15

This is the best website to locate low price tickets. It is so easy and helpful. I keep returning to it for my reservations.

douglasa11
2/9/15

I booked my ticket last minute and cheapoair.com provided me with many flexible options. I was able to save $1,900 with the alternative date the website provided me. I thought I was going to have to pay $3,000 for my trip to Spain.

dots6
2/7/15

CheapoAir has me going back for more. My experience with the purchase of airline tickets was wonderful. I was able o pick my seat and the times were favorable, too. Will do it again.

haroldw9
2/6/15

I found a cheap flight offered by CheapOair.com on Hipmunk from Dusseldorf to SNA (roundtrip). I only take cheap flights and rarely spring for anything other than economy, so I'm no stranger to cut-rate customer service and waiting for responses. CheapOair was on a whole other level of annoying. By far the worst experience I've ever had with a discount travel agent.

My flight was a code-shared flight on Iberia and American. When I tried to check my flight status on Iberia's site using CheapOair's own link to their online check-in page, I was told that my CheapOair-provided Booking Number was incorrect and that I needed a different number. I promptly called CheapOair's customer service and was made to wait 45 minutes to talk to a customer service dispatcher who looked up my confirmation number and informed me that me CheapOair-provided Number was wrong and that I needed the Booking Number to confirm my flights. I was made to hold for ANOTHER 20 minutes while the customer service rep looked for the BOOKING number which, from the way the rep explained it, "wasn't put into my customer info and so is probably in the booking manager's office."

I'm not entirely sure what that means, but the thought that such a vital piece of information wasn't entered into the system in the 6 months since I had first booked the flight simply due to either laziness or disorganization was frustrating, to say the least. Finally, I was given my Booking Number and was told to use that to check-in online.

But alas, it was not be. 12 hours before my flight, I spent 2 hours on both carrier websites trying to check-in to my flight. When I called the customer service lines for Iberia and American, both informed me that, while the Booking Number was correct, I needed a CONFIRMATION number to check in online. My Confirmation Number still failed to bring up my flight information on either of my carrier's systems and I was told to "call my travel agent."

So I got to spend another half-hour on hold to talk to a CheapOair rep about a wrong number...again. Except this time I was informed that I did not "have a regular Confirmation Nubmer because CheapOair booked your flight so that you have to check-in at the airport." When I asked why this information was not simply stated somewhere in my booking confirmation (I certainly would've saved me a few hours of headache), I was met with confusion as to why I would ever suggest such a crazy thing.

Did I catch my flight? Yes. Was the flight ok? Sure, they were fine. Was I pleased with the price? Yes.

Was I pleased with CheapOair? Absolutely not.

It's one thing to offer cut-rate customer service for a discount price, but at least give your customers all the information they need in the first place. I wasted several hours calling different airlines and CheapOair trying to get my info to check-in online, when that information never existed in the first place.

This all could've been solved by placing a little note SOMEWHERE on the booking confirmation saying that I need to check-in at the airport.

Also: There seems to be some sort of glitch with their automated mail system. I received an automated email shortly before my return flight say that the carrier had cancelled my originally booked flight and that I would be transfered automatically to an earlier one unless I called their customer service. That was fine so I let it be, but I would still receive the email everyday. After 3 days of receiving the email, I called CheapOair customer service (again) and the rep told me she didn't know why I was still receiving the email because I had already been confirmed for the new flight. I got the email everyday for 2 weeks until I took my flight back.

Tip for consumers: I wouldn't recommend it, but if you do make sure to call them and confirm HOW you can check in for your plane and don't just assume you can check in online.

richardw76
2/2/15

Making reservations were simple to do and able to be done in a secure environment. The lay-out of information, once entering my travel request, made it easy to make the decision on my travel itinerary. The prices were also the most competitive. I would definitely use this service again.

lauretar
2/2/15

Great service for the online and on the phone representatives. I have bought tickets from Cheapoair before and never have i been disappointed from the price and or the service. I recommend this website to everyone for their future travels.

Tip for consumers: Just use the site its really cheap and convenient.

georgis
1/30/15

My preferred place to look up for flights, especially international ones. There were little changes with my reservations few times but customer service agents have always helped me accordingly.

Tip for consumers: Check regularly and through different destinations. Make sure you use the alternative dates and airports options if this can work for you.

robbinr1
1/25/15

CheapOAir came through again! I booked early and then near time to go decided to switch dates and times of travel. In addition, I wanted to squeeze in another destination. These people were courteous and made my changes with a modest charge that gave me a perfect holiday and I got a reasonable ticket to another destination! Thank you, CheapOair!

Tip for consumers: Always look for the best price being conscious of your own comfort and convenience.

amberc11
1/25/15

We had some family business to attend to and booked with cheapo air last minute we got a good price over the holidays and were where we needed to be in time. On the way home there were some aircraft difficulties which lead to delay, but that was nothing to do with cheapo air. Thanks cheapo air for getting us to where we needed to be for a fair price!

Tip for consumers: I got red better rates by calling in over the phone.

bernardk12
1/21/15

I was very satisfied with the use of CheapOair on my recent trip to Florida. We have used them in the past and have been not only satisfied but found them to have saved us quite a few buck compared to going through the carriers themselves.

Thanks you CheapOair

Tip for consumers: very easy to walkthrough

julietv1
1/15/15

I have used cheapoair twice in the last 13 months. I have found the operators to be very pleasant and helpful. The prices are also very reasonable.

Tip for consumers: Customers also need to be pleasant

rc53
1/14/15

Have used them in the past to find the most inexpensive tickets on the web, their customer service was patient and polite in helping me with my booking.

poonamn
1/14/15

I would really appreciate the service provided by cheapoair.com in booking my flight tickets and providing me guidance on getting the best quote for my travel. I would definitely go ahead with cheapoair.com for booking my next destination and would recommend others for the same.

Thanks once again..!!

mangeshd
1/13/15

It is been great experience with ChepOair from last 2 year. We have booked tickets for my parents and our travel to India.

russb20
1/13/15

My CheapOAir experience was a good one. Not only is the website easy to use but flights were available I did not see elsewhere - more options were available.

jayc75
1/13/15

I booked air tickets through cheapOair. The price was low, compared to those from other agencies. The service is good. I am sure I will book more tickets by cheapoair later.

olgaf2
1/11/15

The experience I got booking my flights was very rewarding since I had a complex booking, I checked the prices on CheapOair's website and called their 1800 # and arrange it with one of their operator. Our flight was on time and we had not problem getting back to our destination. Thanks to CheapOair!!

Tip for consumers: Make sure you have make up your mind because there are no refunds

madelainek
1/11/15

I've used CheapOair several times and I've only had good experiences! I find the website easy to use and very easy to book our flights! It is my "go to" site when I'm booking our flights!!

leaannr1
1/10/15

We used CheapOair to book short flight tickets within Europe. CheapOair's web site was very easy to negotiate--user friendly, and had the most economical tickets for our trip. Thanks, CheapOair!

marting29
1/9/15

Our flights to/from Rome were on time and safe. The price was right as well. We will book again with CheapOair for our next vacation.

mariannee
1/5/15

We flew from Traverse City to Chicago to Las Vegas; everything went very smooth. Cheap-O-Air is a great service that saved me time and money.

johnm399
1/5/15

Best support ever received. All performed as promised. Super on line travel rarangements. Completely satisfied with all aspects of the service. Highly recommend to travelers.

Tip for consumers: try the site. you will be glad you did

jonathanh47
1/3/15

The purchase of tickets and use of same was easy and the flights were as advertised. I would use them again.

kazim8
1/3/15

customer service rep was very helpful over the phone and resolved my issues with full attention to my matters....Thank YOu

Tip for consumers: They do answer the phone

steved59
1/1/15

I have used several site to book my air travel through the years but I found CheapOair to be the easiest to navigate and had the best airline prices. Additionally, the site format was so user friendly. Easy to navigate. I will definitely be using CheapOair to book my future flights.

renatav
1/1/15

I need an explanation. What is this taxes/fees in my credit card?
I put in red color. This never happened to me.
Other Tax/fees. This in my book with United airlines.
This is the first time I bought the tickets from cheapoair.
I'm upset with you guys. I saw some feedback sites where some people claimed about this tax/fee too.
An attendant informed me the value and told me that the value had changed on website(Cheapoair), but the next day I called them, I asked an explanation about the values, but it was another person who gave me another explanation. This was so strange. Two different explanation about the values was more expensive than others websites.

Tip for consumers: extra fee

jamesm222
1/1/15

I was very impressed with the courtesy and friendly service provided by CheapOair bookings and with the services provided by the carrier, US Air. Plan on using this service in the future. Thank you.Write your review to help others learn about this online business

Tip for consumers: Definitely a quality service provider

edwink7
12/29/14

Despite having had an exchange of over 30 emails with Cheapoair they did not refund my ticket charges for a cancelled flight on Air France three months ago. This despite their promise to do so on many occasions.

Tip for consumers: AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

tracyl35
12/29/14

My vacation was smooth flying,
And the price was right on with
CheapOair