US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

fayezk

They are easy to use and their customer service is very friendly. (in 88 reviews)

briant55

My family wanted to take a summer trip and they rely on me to set up everything, flight, hotel and do the driving. (in 204 reviews)

asdfg1

Be sure to do it in the first 24 hours of purchase, though.. (in 19 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

cheries2
9/1/15

For what we paid for, we got great prices on a great airline. Website was simple to use and we had no issues. Will use them again.

lukes40
8/31/15

I found this company through a comparison site and they quoted me £182 per person and I was happy with that as the airport and also the times fit my schedule. I clicked on their site to secure seats and entered all my details however when I booked the flight times and also the airport changed.. I called them immediately to see if they can correct this and they said ''Oh this happens alot as our site sometimes offers you a cheaper alternative and people Dont realise'' the representative later explained there would be an admin fee what I expected to be around £50 as I was changing a flight i had booked seconds ago to the same air provider ( Ryan Air ) he then came back with a price of £680 .. Then explained it may be worthwhile to just book another flight and he can help me with that at the cost of £960. If this is not a scam I dont know what is. He would not refund any more or help atall. I have since had to book new flights direct through Ryanair.

richardc115
8/30/15

I booked a flight and within 4 hours had to cancel due to changes in plans. I then got a $30 and $25 charge on AMEX.both for airline fee and tax. USDOT regulation state that a booking can be cancelled within 24 and no fee's can be charged. I challenged the charges to amex and cheapo wrote a letter and a copy from some law firm in New York citing cheapo's policy about charges. amex rolled over and reversed the credit and said pay it. I doubt anyone ever read their response. The whole point is that the usdot prohibits these charges if cancelled within 24 hours which I was well inside. I called amex and asked how I can be charged when it is against the law and it was obvious that they never even looked at or knew about the usdot regulation. So they will dispute it again for what that' s worth. I am a long term gold card member with amex and instead of making any attempt to invertigate they just rolled over.

dimitart3
8/27/15

In their reply below, Cheapoair claims that the issue is resolved, it is not!

Similar story, I needed to cancel or postpone a ticket, although I was aware that the ticket was non-refundable, I decided to call and ask just in case. To my surprise the representative told me that it is possible for the ticket to be refunded, but it will cost me 300$ cancellation fee. I asked several times if they were going to refund me the full amount and I was assured that I would be. I agreed paid the 300$ cancellation fee. About a month later I received a refund of 227$, when I was expecting about $3300. When I called and asked what is going on with this refund, I was told by their billing department that the air company refused to refund the ticket. When I asked why they had told me previously that it would be fully refunded, they said they had not told me this. I guess implying that I’m lying and that I would pay additional 300$ to get a refund of 227$, on ticket that is $3300. I would not have cancelled the ticket in the first place if I had known that they would not be able to refund it. But the representative ensured me that it would be. Why I would pay a cancellation fee of 300$ to get a refund of 227$....And again, if my only option was to lose the ticket - I would have changed the dates and used the ticket in the future.

Horrible customer service. Hours lost on the phone on hold while they confirmed my refund. Only to been implicated as a liar. And all at the bargain price of $3300.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this company!

juand12
8/26/15

CheapOair and One Travel are people of their words. I was offered a 100 dollars rebate for my air travel. They came through with those checks

michaela162
8/26/15

Cheap Oair is a scam. They offer you insurance incase something happens and if you try to use it, they tell you it's not covered. Yeah, they will offer to sell you another ticket at more than what you paid. Horrible customer service. I ended up purchasing new tickets directly from the airlines. Never recommend them or will use them again. Even if the ticket is cheaper.

barbarar59
8/16/15

I have availed their services many times and had never problem with them really nice and cheap hotels as their site name

jigarp1
8/13/15

I was booking with you almost 3 year & i get great service.

andreaz6
8/12/15

It is very hard to understand how to book flights and confusing in which airline you are traveling. They change flights and flights get delayed very often with very long delays

gaill16
8/11/15

I purchased an airline ticket for $136.21 through this site. The next day I just happened to look at the airline site and they had the exact same flight for $58. The only thing cheapoair would do was to cancel my ticket and charge me $40 to do so. There is no "cheap" in this website!!

terriel1
8/11/15

Never buy from CheapOAir. Worst customer service I have EVER had ! When I tried to make the reservation online, it told me there were no tickets left and it gave me a 20$ discount promo code, and other flights available. I selected another one, a bit more expensive, and there were NO place to type in the promo code. I called them, told them I wanted to book ONLINE and just wanted to know where to type the promo code, and the guy wouldn't even help me, he was trying to make me book the flight on the phone with him, jerk ! I told him I was in Canada, leaving for Japan tomorrow, and I wanted to book a flight from an airport in Japan to another one ( I already have my tickets for tomorrow).
He said I was trying to book a flight for tomorrow and that's why it wasn't working. When I said ''no you don't understand'' he interrupted me 5 times saying I GOT IT until he finally let me tell him that the flight I wanted was on August 20th, not tomorrow !!!
He then said it was 182 $ when it said 132$ on my computer.
His argument : Thousands of people are on our website at the same time, trying to book flights, so the website isn't updated every second. It's 182 $, not 132 $.
Uhm, dude, I've been on your website for 30 minutes and prices are still the same.
So, no promo code, no flight booked on that website, and the guy even told me he didn't care if I booked on another website.

Basically, the guy was trying to make me book a flight on the phone so he could receive a bonus or something ! So rude

renatae
8/9/15

Had the worst experience ever! One day before my flight, I decided to call de airline to make sure that everything was ok. Well it wasnt! I just didnt have an issued ticket! Cheapoair took my money but never paid the airline. When I tried to call the callcenter, they just told me they couldnt help me. Then I went to the online chat, and spent 4 hours, 4 HOURS trying to convince them that the airline would let me fly, because CHEAPOAIR didnt pay them. It was terrible. I m glad I found out one day before my flight otherwise I wouldnt have flown. HATE CHEPOAIR!

Tip for consumers: NEVER USE CHEPOAIR! IS NOT CHEAP IF YOU GET STRESSED!!!

roddyj
8/8/15

I have read through all the reviews and happy to say that some -few - had good experience. My husband and I have to say that our experience was terrible, they are frauds and cheaters.
Our supposedly ocean cruise was cancelled for mechanical reasons. COA would not accept the reason or documentation on this and charged us 540.00 to cancel.

We contacted Icelander directly and they said that under these conditions, you cancel and say we are sorry that it happened. They said they may charge you 75 but not half the fee.

Where is heavens are the watchers...someone should do something about these cheating companies.
We have turned it over to the State's Attorney and I hope, I pray that they get there due.

rb57
8/7/15

After I booked my trip to Orlando,. I got a surprise email, well They changed my destination to Tampa. Called several times but agents end the call. was transferred to a supervisor in the hotel department instead. They said that I had to pay 160.00 more. The Rep called Asra, who was supposed to be on 3 way with Franklyn a Hotel Supervisor. He end the called without the issued been resolved. She then transferred me to Virginia a supervisor in New York. But no one never answered. IS ON YOU, BUT I WILL SAY DONT BOOK CHEAPOAIR SCAMS..

allanm39
8/7/15

They had a pop-up on their site that said to call for better rates. I just wanted a round-trip flight. After calling them, the representative was helpful, although talking too fast while going over the various scheduled times.

After I made a purchase, I saw that their own self-service web site was $21.00 cheaper. I called them and got the refund. I then checked another popular travel site and the airfare was $47.00 cheaper booking it myself.

They had added a $47.00 service charge to the airline cost without clearly telling me upfront. I then cancelled within a couple of hours, however, a full credit takes 7 - 14 days, which is rather slow. I never got a refund acknowledgement message as they said I would.

If there is an issue like a refund or cancellation, their customer service is cumbersome and does not seem to follow-up with an acknowledgement reply, leaving you uncertain.

katiel23
8/6/15

My husband and I booked our vacation to Santorini and cheapoair was the lowest rate and the most user friendly site. Everything went flawlessly. We were able to book a variety of things to do with our package: flights, transportation, sunset cruise and hotel! It was perfect!!!

lillianw16
8/6/15

They helped me all thru the booking process , very professional and. Courtesy, love. Working with them......

stephaniee17
7/31/15

I use the internet to buy almost anything. I especially use it to book trips for my family. I am the unofficial travel agent so to speak. I have gone through many of the travel sites and I regularly return to Cheapoair because the site is user friendly and the prices are generally the cheapest I find. I suggest everyone try the website for the best prices. The only way this site could improve is by lowering the prices even further. I mean everyone loves a good deal, but we fall over ourselves for great ones.

arturoo3
7/28/15

They use cheap airlines and the airline continued changing the schedule until colliding with my next flight. I have to buy another expensive flight and cancel the previous flight. I have not received any satisfactory response from this virtual agency despite of being called several times. They are joke. Never more. I won’t recommend this company to anybobody unless I wish him/her a very bad client experience.
This is the information that I have been claiming for already 8 months.
Refund Booking 19891500 Claimed on October 29th, 2014

Date: Sun, Nov 02, 2014
Total Cost:US$ 530.49

dibg
7/26/15

I have used Cheapoair for flight bookings before. They had reasonable prices and I was happy. I was a big fan of the site.

Recently their customer service has gone down very rapidly. Especially for their Vacation Package deals. Their customer service has a Hotel & Car dept. and a Flight dept. None of those people can help you out with any issues with a Vacation Package booking. I was given wrong information about my booking by Cheapoair and have spent more than 8 hours on the phone trying to sort it out. Because this is a Vacation package, no one has any idea how to help me out. Their Hotel customer service transfers me to their Flight customer service and their Flight dept. transfers me back to their Hotels dept. I still haven't been able to talk to someone who can resolve my issue.

This has happened to me recently in other cases. Recently I had to cancel a flight booking (more than 3 days in advance) because of a genuine visa problem (not under my control). One of their agents literally told me that he was doing a favor on me by giving me back a partial refund. He said "ideally" I shouldn't even get a refund!

This is the worst customer service experience I've had in my life. I am never going to use CheapOAir again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It was a good site and has gone down to nothing recently. I would gladly pay up to 10% more price on other more trustworthy sites because this is simply a complete waste of my time.

Tip for consumers: Never book their vacation packages. Flight bookings may still be ok if you are 100% sure that they won't mis-charge you and/or you won't ever need to reschedule.

lp30
7/24/15

I tried to book a flight and after enterin in all my payment details and clicking submit, I got a pop up saying the flight was no longer available. 5 minutes later i received a call (a US number) to tell me a booking of 12 people just cancelled and that i can now have the flight i wanted if i provided my credit card details again over the phone??? I asked if this could be done over the website instead and was told i couldn't it had to be over the phone. Very dodgy and just didn't feel right. Hopefully the details on the website i provided during my booking won't be used fraudulently but i am a little worried. Would recommend not to use this website.

ronalr
7/23/15

Everything go smooth

jacksonv1
7/22/15

The best prices for trips, hotels & rebtals

loisl14
7/21/15

After trying to book several flights I can to the conclusion this a bait and switch operation. Every flight I looked at was never available at their listed fare, yet when I went on Expedia or the airlines website, I was able to get the lower price. Will never use them again!

brittanyd10
7/20/15

I asked to speak with another rep and I was hung up on. The representative who took my call was rude and I no longer wanted to speak with them. Then I was hung up on.

dawnh29
7/16/15

I have tried several flights with CheapOair through Travel Supermarket this week. Initially they are by far the cheapest. Every time I have got through to the site there is a message saying the price has gone up. Their policy is just to get you in and some people will book thinking they have got the initial good price.

dianaw20
7/11/15

I called for. A cancellation of my tickets less than 24hours of booking they said refund will take place in 7-14 days now im calling cheapoair by chance and their automated system says it can't locate my refund!!

bg35
7/10/15

I booked airline reservations from Nanjing China to Macau China using their service. I get to the airport and the clerk tells me that the first leg of my trip is for a train. This is in spite of the fact that my email confirmation says I am using China Eastern airlines. Train???? Really???? I am making airline reservations and they book me on a train. My email confirmation looks and says airline information all over it. So, what should have been an 8 hour trip turned into a two day nightmare trip. And, when I finally talk to someone in the Cheapo company, they pawn me off on China Eastern. It was not their system that caused the problem says China Eastern. It is Cheapo's responsibility. So, as usual with these scams, I am a ping pong ball batted back and forth between companies that will not take responsibility. And, at the end of the day, I am out $500 with a horrid travel experience.

dm163
7/6/15

OVERcharged two different times for the same car rental

Complaint number 1: I was charged twice by Cheap Oair for one car rental.

I made one car reservation on May 4th that included travel protection. I realized I didn't need the travel protection and called back that same day to cancel the travel protection, which they refunded.

When my credit card statement came, I found that I had been charged twice for both Cheap Oair’s $15 fee plus the $64.95 travel protection. I was charged $84.95 twice.

After a week and half and seven or eight calls later, Cheap Oair refunded their $15 service fee for the second charge, though they still needed to refund the additional $69.95 for the travel protection I was double charged for. (Though they didn't have to, they didn't even offer to refund the $15 for the actual car rental.)

Complaint number 2: I was charged by Avis more than what was agreed upon by me and Cheap Oair.

The total amount that I was to pay per my agreement with Cheap Oair was $152.74. The total I was charged (less fees that I was obligated to pay Avis) was $241.60. I was charged $88.86 more than what Cheap Oair promised I would pay.

The total that Cheap Oair owes me is $158.81.

Again, I have tried several times to get my money back, even after being hung up on a couple of times (I never became upset with the representatives nor did I ever raise my voice toward them. Yet in the middle of two conversations, I was hung up on). I have done everything representatives from Cheap Oair have asked, as well as putting together a spreadsheet showing the list of charges.

Stay away from Cheap Oair. They have proven that they lack integrity.

Tip for consumers: Stay away

nitaj1
7/5/15

The above caption should replace the name CheapoAir. I personally think that Cheapo is a fraud, in that you will have a good experience the first time and they will recognize your name in the system. On subsequent occasions, they will tell you one thing, send you an Itenerary, and a couple days, weeks and even months later you will get confusing e-mails and phone calls that everything you agreed to initially has been changed.

The father of every lie is the devil so I believe that cheapo is owned by HELL because their practices are extremely deceitful.

I received confirmed Itenarary from Cheapo 5 months ahead of my travel date. 2 months before travelling I instinctively called the airlines to confirm that I would not be left hanging at the airport only to find out that they had booked my husband and I on one flight and my two small kids on a different flight THAT DID NOT EXIST. I then had to pay the change fees plus the additional booking fees and since I had booked so early in order to secure a good price and travelling time 5 months ahead, re-booking that late was a LITERAL NIGHTMARE. I ended up spending approximately $2500 (literally doubling my travel budget) more than I wanted to because I could not wait for a cheaper time period because so much time had elapsed and I could not travel again prior to February which would have been a year for me to re-assign the ticket.

Even their Insurance is fraudulent because when you try to correct things they are not at all helpful. If my earthly life depends on getting a flight with CHEAPO-AIR, my heart is right with God and I will just make a speedy entrance into Eternity....I VOW TODAY THAT I WILL NEVER USE CHEAPO-AIR AGAIN.

The fact that you have to pay before leaving the screen should be a warning bell to all because once you have hit submit you are at their mercy.

I now learn to work directly with the Airline, book early, put on hold for 24 hours and call a customer service representative to help me finalize and even suggest cheaper options.

Tip for consumers: IF YOU SEE CHEAPO GOING ON WAY...GO THE OTHER WAY. THE ORIGINAL BARGAIN WILL COST YOU TOO MUCH AT THE END.

aaronm66
7/4/15

I was desperate for an affordable flight in a pinch and I found it on CheapOair. At first I was skeptical but I soon realized they were reliable.

paulj70
7/4/15

I ALWAYS TAKE TICKET FROM CHEAP"O"AIR BECAUSE THE BEST FARE I CAN GET ONLY FROM CHEAP"O"AIR.....THEIR FARE IS CHEAP BUT THEY ARE NOT CHEAP WITH BEST SERVICE.

karik3
7/3/15

For anything but coach watch them. I purchased $8,000+ business class ticket back April 2015 now Jun 2015 for flying Oct 2015. They changed my ticket from business to coach . I know this is $6000 fare difference. Tried to bump me from first/business aisle seat to back middle seats. Maybe cause I booked my seats directly with Qantas and didn't pay their $$ fee to preselect seats through them. Plus I can't pull up the booking on their website via booking nbr I have use emails they've sent.

lucyac
7/2/15

Always can find cheapest tickets.

asdfg1
7/1/15

My seemingly non refundable tickets were easily refunded through the call center. Be sure to do it in the first 24 hours of purchase, though..

The call center waiting time was 10 minutes, which, I think, is pretty acceptable.

shrikantb
7/1/15

Hello Guys,

This Cheapoair is a fraud and cheater online air ticket selling company. I booked my ticket with this website and I was not allowed to board the flight from Delhi to Montreal with two layovers Franfurt and Paris respectively. They have some inside pct with airlines and they dont provide you full information in the valid right tickets to travel. When contacted their customer service they finished chat intermittently (chat shows at the bottom)

My PNR for the ticket was 3ACT6M. This is just to inform you that I am a valid customer who got cheated by this company. I would suggest you spend some more money for your flight but stay away from this website.

I had discussion with Lufthansa and they told me that cheapoair has done wrong by not informing about the facts for travel. (documents). Being a lay man, we can only understand as much as we have been told but these people are looting us by using this weakness of ours.

hi 3:51 PM

hi 4:05 PM

You are now chatting with Korbin

KORBIN

Thank you for choosing Cheapoair.com. I will be glad to assist you.

All Fares/Charges Quoted on this chat would be the "total price per person".
In case of any technical issues, if our chat gets disconnected, you are advised to chat again at a later time. 4:15 PM

Hello Shrikant ! 4:15 PM

hi 4:15 PM

I need your support in solving a big issue 4:16 PM

against PNR number 3ACT6M 4:16 PM

Alright. 4:16 PM

I booked his ticket from your website 4:17 PM

SHRIKANT
When I went to board the flight today morning, Lufthansa New Delhi did not allow me to board 4:18 PM

saying that I dont have VISA for shenanigans 4:18 PM

SHRIKANT
My destination was Montreal, canada and I do have proper VISA for canada 4:19 PM

Please provide me your booking 08-digits booking number. 4:19 PM

wait a sec plz 4:19 PM

26864168 4:20 PM

Sure. 4:20 PM

KORBIN

May I know your billing address and email address as given in the booking for verification purpose? 4:20 PM

bhaiya.shrikant@gmail.com 4:20 PM

phone number 514 431 7080 4:21 PM

Thank you for the verification Shrikant. 4:22 PM

Please allow me a moment while I check the details for you. 4:22 PM

sure 4:23 PM

I apologize for the long hold. 4:31 PM

not a problem 4:31 PM

KORBIN

Please be informed that if you are traveling with the 02 European countries then you need Schengen Visa. 4:34 PM

Now I know but it was not mentioned by you when you sold me this ticket 4:35 PM

I am not in montreal and now wont be able to join my work on Monday 4:35 PM

SHRIKANT
am not a airline not travel agent not a travel expert i only know that i have my propervisa for canada and which is my destination and where i want to land finally 4:37 PM

KORBIN

Shrikant, I would like to inform you that the tickets is booked by you online on our website and it is your responsibility to check all the terms and conditions for your travel. 4:37 PM

SHRIKANT
dont you think its your duty to mention and ask me that i need someother visa to travel for canada other then canadian vis 4:37 PM

KORBIN

Also, CheapOair is not providing any services for Visa and transit visa. 4:38 PM

SHRIKANT
i know but you should have told or mention in your website during te ticket booking that i need other visas then canadian to travel on this visa 4:39 PM

KORBIN

I apologize for the inconvenience however we are providing the same itineraries which is given by the airlines. 4:42 PM

sir you are not following airlines itieraries 4:43 PM

SHRIKANT
other wise you could have mentioned on your site that we should have visa for the same 4:43 PM

SHRIKANT
as i told you we are just passangers not a airline and not a authority who knows all this 4:44 PM

I certainly understand your concern. 4:45 PM

i dont think that u understand and concern on my matter 4:46 PM

SHRIKANT
isted of solving this issue( which u already can see on my pnr as luftansa delhi put remarks 4:47 PM

u just comming with all different issues 4:47 PM

KORBIN

Please check the below URL for your preference as it is mentioned to verify travel documents (transit visa/entry visa) for the country through which they are transiting and/or entering. 4:49 PM

http://www.cheapoair.com/travel/travel_resources/terms.asp#ADVICE 4:49 PM

there is nothing specific to this issue 4:50 PM

anyone can put this information on their website 4:50 PM

but you know your customers are not travel experts 4:50 PM

SHRIKANT
When I came from Montreal to Delhi, I had a lauover at Frankfurt for which I did not require any IVISA 4:51 PM

KORBIN

Please check the below statement :-

Your transaction with CheapOair does not guarantee entrance to the country of destination. Traveler understands that CheapOair accepts no responsibility for determining passenger's eligibility to enter or transit through any specific country. Information, if any, given by CheapOair's employees must be verified with government authorities. Such information does not imply responsibility on CheapOair's behalf. 4:51 PM

How am i suppose to know when to require VISA 4:51 PM

KORBIN

I already informed you that if you are traveling with the 02 European countries then you need Schengen Visa.
4:51 PM

SHRIKANT
It is cheating your customer by hiding behind this standard line on yur website 4:52 PM

And in return the layover is in Frankfurt and Paris. 4:52 PM

SHRIKANT
Yes, whetever you are saying me right now, you should have told me befoire 4:52 PM

SHRIKANT
If one books ticket on Lufthansa website, they did provide this information 4:52 PM

but you people are cheating us becuase we dont have travel expertise 4:53 PM

KORBIN

I apologize for the inconvenience however it is mentioned that CheapOair will not be responsible for travel documents related issues. 4:53 PM

This does not give you a moral right to cheat us 4:53 PM

now I need a solution from you 4:54 PM

I need to travel to montreal 4:54 PM

being your customer, I expect support from you 4:54 PM

KORBIN

Unfortunately, we are unable to help you as airline denied due to incomplete travel documents. 4:55 PM

Lufthansa told me clearly that you can help me 4:55 PM

Mr Korbin... 4:56 PM

I need to go to work.... 4:56 PM

Please allow me a moment while I check the details with mu help desk. 4:57 PM

*Please allow me a moment while I check the details with my help desk. 4:57 PM

SHRIKANT
so please sharp your pencil and just do some reserch on your system how can you allow me to go out of indian and join my work 4:57 PM

thanks in advance 4:57 PM

I apologize for the long hold once again. 5:14 PM

SHRIKANT
ur welcome sir i am here to solve this issue so can hold for as long as you makeme do so 5:17 PM

I am still working on your itinerary, please be online. 5:19 PM

sure i really appriciate your effort 5:19 PM

Thank you for being online. 5:31 PM

I have checked the details for your booking. 5:31 PM

KORBIN

And as per the airline rules and policies changes not permitted for your reservation. 5:31 PM

so wht should i do 5:32 PM

Unfortunately, w don't have any options. 5:35 PM

are you kidding 5:35 PM

*Unfortunately, we don't have any options. 5:36 PM

how can you make people fool like this 5:36 PM

This is as per the airline rules and policies. 5:36 PM

SHRIKANT
sir i havent received any warning and any msg before this booking asking that if i have vosa for that country then only i can travel 5:37 PM

KORBIN

Please be informed that being a third party travel agency we need to follow the airline rules and policies. 5:37 PM

i booked for montrial and i have valid visa for the said country 5:37 PM

5:37 PM

KORBIN

Shrikant, if you are traveling with the 02 European countries then you need Schengen Visa.

5:38 PM

SHRIKANT
its high time sir i am going to canada and i have canadian visa i no this 5:38 PM

did this you warned before i was booking sir 5:38 PM

5:39 PM

u mean my tkt is wate now 5:39 PM

Is there anything else may I assist you with? 5:39 PM

SHRIKANT
give my tkt refund or suggest me how can i travel by this tkt now it was not a no show at airport 5:40 PM

KORBIN

I apologize for the inconvenience however the tickets are Non-Refundable and changes not permitted. 5:41 PM

sir this is too much of you 5:41 PM

KORBIN

Please contact the airlines directly and check with them, if they can do something for you. 5:41 PM

KORBIN

Being a third party travel agency we need to follow the airline rules and policies.
5:41 PM

SHRIKANT
if you say to go airline then why u not mentioned rules on tkt making site 5:42 PM

SHRIKANT
it mean you should have given clear guidlines before issuing tkts that i need valid visa for e2 5:42 PM

5:43 PM

which i have no interest to travelk 5:43 PM

dont give me that again and again 5:43 PM

i m here for some solution not for complecating issues 5:43 PM

Unfortunately, we don't have any other option available for you. 5:44 PM

KORBIN

Thank you for chatting with CheapOair.com. Have a nice day ahead! Take care & bye. It has been a pleasure assisting you. You may click the Close button on the chat window to close this chat. 5:44 PM

barraguesa
6/30/15

This company has very wrong practices I have never seen before with any other online company ( and I travel quite a lot).

I purchased a flight from New York to Montreal. After an initial search, I could not find a convenient schedule. So, I clicked the option "flexible dates" assuming that the programme would give me different schedule options to choose from, which I did.

Well, this is the trick. It turns out that the options you choose are not really final, even though you think they are and you are prompted to provide your credit card details to make your purchase. Once all the online operation is completed and you close your computer, then programme still looks for the cheapest option within a three-day margin to the dates you provide and picks the cheapest dates by default. An email is then sent to the account I provided (which of course went into my junk mail) with a request to confirm the proposed dates within 24 hours. Otherwise, if they do not hear from you the programme will buy the ticket according to these dates.

As you can imagine, the dates the programme bought for me do not work at all. When I found about this a few days later, I called the phone number provided in the webpage and was informed that this is the way the system works if you mark the "flexible dates" box. They also told me that this information was clearly stated somewhere (which is probably true but probably in such a small font that I do not remember having seen it at all).

In order to get a new ticket with dates that worked for me, I would have to pay a $200 penalty and the difference for changing the dates. After complaining about this, the operator discussed it with a supervisor and the penalty was lifted. However, the difference to be paid was still above 500 dollars, which would round up the purchase to a full amount of $1000 for a New York- Montreal trip!!

I insisted that this practice of having a programme to buy a ticket for you based on travel dates chosen by default is something unheard of and simply not correct. Other companies offering the "flexible dates" option do provide a menu of schedule options to choose from. But the final decision always belongs to the customer, without taking my silence as acquiescence. Otherwise, what defence would I have if for some reason I cannot read the email they send so that I confirm within 24 hours. As I said, the email went to my junk and I only retrieved it after one week...

Even though the date to travel is July 4th, I have already decided to purchase a ticket with another company and forget about this one. Maybe I could get some money back if I cancel it, who knows. But the experience has been to frustrating to try again.

I hope any potential customers will find this information useful, as I would not like them to be misled and tricked the way I was.

viniciusl1
6/29/15

I was going to leave San Francisco and fly to Sao Paulo in Brazil. I had booked a flight with Cheapoair more than 1 month in advance that was going to have a connection in Toronto. When I went to do my check-in I discovered that I needed a visa that I didn't have to get into Canada. After some discussion I ended up losing my flight. But this was my fault. I should have searched more about needing a visa before this day.

The problem with Cheapoair comes next. I called Cheapoair to see what I could do. Now my stress begun, because ALMOST everytime I called them, I had to wait at least 2 minutes of annoying music until I could reach an attendant, and about HALF of the times the dial was missed (before or during talking with an attendant).

Now, the times when I reached an attendant, somethings happened: the first attendant was talking so low and in low energy (keep in mind I was at an airport and was not so easy to hear low voices in my phone), it seemed he was dying and would rather not be working. I had to end the call and try again. Next, when I reached attendants that were helpful and I was in the middle of the call, the dial was missed (happened twice). When I tried getting back to them (I knew their names), I was attended by other attendants and they didn't even knew the names of their work colleagues and weren't able to transfer my call. The fourth time I reached an attendant, I was attended by a woman with heavy Asian accent. I have absolutely nothing against Asian accents, but since English is not my first language and I was in a loud airport, I had a very hard time understanding everything she said. Still I had no choice, and proceeded to obtain her help.

I learned that I had completely lost my flight and money, even though I had purchased travel insurance with them prior. The only thing Cheapoair could do was to book me a new flight and I would have to pay the full price again. No other options. She only offered my two options, both were more than two times more expensive than the flight I had lost (this was understandable since I was purchasing a same-day flight) and I would have to wait about 10 hours in the airport.

I needed to fly that day, so I had to accept my faith and buy another flight. Since I'm from Brazil, the only way I could pay was to use an international credit card. I gave her my card info and then was told that I had to wait for them to verify the card info. They wanted to call my bank in Brazil and check with them, which gave me a lot of work, since THEY MADE ME call my bank first and find someone that could speak English with them.
After I found and passed the information to them, I waited about 2 hours for the woman to call me back (I had no way to call them since I couldn't reach her using Cheapoair's number and nobody knew how to transfer me to her). She told my the card had been accepted and in under 1 hour my flight info would be e-mailed to me. I thought that my nightmare was finally over and I could relax and wait for my flight. After almost 1 hour, I received an automatic call in my phone saying that my card had been rejected. I tried calling Cheapoair about 10 times, but again, infinite minutes waiting with annoying music and missed calls. It was completely impossible to talk with an attendant this time.

I decided to give up on Cheapoair and since I knew my credit card had not been charged, I decided to buy another flight directly with an airline company. The purchase directly with the airline company was extremely simple and easy, AND was almost $1,000 CHEAPER than the flight Cheapoair had offered me earlier! I couldn't believe it! I took this new flight on that same say and finally made it home.

I think I never had a more stressful and negative experience with a company in my life than the one I had with Cheapoair. I wish that no one ever has to go through such a nightmare as I did. In the end, the solution was simple and SO much cheaper: to just buy from the airline company and ignore Cheapoair.

randyr18
6/29/15

On their website it clearly states that I'll get refunded under the Compassion Exception Policy and it clearly says I'll get discounted 100% on cancellation, refunded or changed fees.
I am in the military and am eligible for this but according to them I still had to pay the cancellation fees.
I asked for a cancellation and refund back and was told I would have to pay $359 in total fees and plus whatever fees they had hid up their sleeves.
I spoke to Richard on the phone and he clearly said " Where are you getting this information from?"
Its on the website, he clearly lied to me. I've bought 5 tickets alone this year through cheapoair.
That was my last ticket I'll ever buy from them.
I'll never do business with them again.

Richard thank you for lying to me don't ever let me find you in person.

After I post this up
Cheapoair will pretend to be compassionate and reply to this review that they are sincere.
Blah blah blah
Con artist

richardj49
6/28/15

If my experience is typical, I doubt I will use CheapOair again.

I booked a ticket via CheapO. I was told to expect an email with my ticketing info, at which point I could select a seat. The site also explained that, until I received this confirmation email, the price was not guaranteed, and could rise. This important email was to be expected in about 30 minutes. It is now 6 hours later, and still no email.

I first "chatted" on line with a CheapO rep who told me the delay was because my credit card company had not yet authorized the charge. While the rep waited, I called my card company and they told me: (1) CheapO had not requested authorization; (2) any such request would be granted because my card was good for that amount; and (3) I could give CheapO the card company's customer service phone number and they would immediately authorize the charge. 5 hours later, my card company still had not been contacted by CheapO.

I tried to resolve this over the phone, but got nowhere. I have been on hold as I write this for 65 minutes and counting. The recorded message says to use their online chat or email functions. I tried to start a chat, but was told no one was available to chat and I should try another time. I tried to send an email, but the "submit" button did not work.

6 hours after booking my ticket, I still can't select my seats, and can't be sure I even have a ticket. In the meantime, prices may have risen, and I may have lost opportunities on other sites for cheaper fares.

FOLLOW UP: If finally received my confirmation email -- 8 hours after making my booking. The price was as advertised. In the meantime, I was able to speak to a CheapO rep who helped me with seat assignment -- for a price. He told me that if I paid $14.95, I would be allowed to choose my seats. If I didn't pay that amount, I would have to wait until 24 hours before my travel date. So I paid the money and chose my seats. When I received my ticketing email from CheapO, the message said that I could choose my seats by calling CheapO or using their online seat map. In other words, I didn't have to pay a dime to get what the phone rep charged my $14.95 for. What gives, CheapO? Am I owed a $14.95 refund?

Tip for consumers: I had the most difficulty contacting CheapOair at the end of the business day. Perhaps that is when everyone is off of work and wants to make their travel plans. I suggest contacting CheapO earlier in the day. I can say that, despite my frustrating experience, the CheapO reps were universally polite and tried to be helpful ... I just had a very difficult time reaching them.

sw417
6/28/15

I was trying to find out Air Asia's baggage policy because Cheapoair had a good price. Forget it, the web site doe not work. Then, I called, the phone went to India. So hard for me to understand them. Twice, both of the customer service rep told me they don't see the flight on their computer. Finally I went to Expedia, their website clearly indicated the baggage weight etc. Therefore, my experience is Cheapoair is not ideal for your on-line booking.

briant55
6/25/15

My family wanted to take a summer trip and they rely on me to set up everything, flight, hotel and do the driving. Because the size of my family I had to look for some type of deal, I tried Priceline, it did not work for me so I tried CheapOair.com and found it was people friendly and the prices for hotels and flights were great for my budget. I booked a trip to San Diego, CA . I did not have any issues with hotel ,flight or car...I passed on to my friends how much fun we had and if they plan to travel to use CheapOair..you can't go wrong.

tomw75
6/20/15

Booked and they did an OK job.

tonyf29
6/18/15

My wife bought airline tickets to Tampa, FL for our family of 6 months in advance and paid, in full. Approximately, a month before our departure we get a notice that our flight had been been cancelled and we were booked on a different flight.
1. My wife paid to have all of our seating together. 2. we scheduled to take a red-eye so that we could fly straight through without a layover.
CheapOair decided to NOT put our seating together AND we have a layover in Miami on the return trip.
Customer service couldn't be less helpful nor speak English any worse. The only way we can get seating together, it seems, we'd have to pay more money. Hmmm seems like a scam to me!
I only wish she had told me before using this horrible service, I would have advised against it. The name alone screams distrustful.
They have lost our business for life and I will be certain to review them every where I can. Anything I can do to hurt their bottom line I will.

terrancej8
6/17/15

I tried to book a flight for my friend, was travelling from Greneda to Dominica. it took hell lot of time to get desired date but was never able to get flight at descent timing. no need to show flexible date every time with the search result

patr1866
6/12/15

Have used Cheap o air several times. Found them to have very good rates and prompt service. If there was a problem, they handled it quickly.

waltera7
6/4/15

This is the worst airline booking agent I have ever dealt with. Would never recommend them to anyone except maybe my worst enemy. They very effectively conned me out of $1400 thru lies and deception.. If you want to see their customer satisfaction rating just Google their name. Only about half of their customers are satisfied. That is a FAILING grade..

carolh44
6/3/15

Check, check and re-check the charges. You can get much cheaper flights booking direct with an airline and I am sure much less hassle. Customer service staff are unhelful, incompetent. E-mails are NOT replies to. I will never book with CheapOair again. Overcharged on my credit card - as yet no explanation. I have sent numerous e-mails - no response, have spoken to several customer service staff - all say different. Billing office promised to sort out the problem and ring back - DID NOT.

darreng24
5/31/15

CheapOair erroneously responded to my review. They accused me basically comparing apples to oranges by stating"Refunds are only given within 24 hours of making a reservation. Requesting a refund because the fare has gone down only works when it's the exact same flight, date, time. Darren wanted to change to an earlier flight". Originally I did request a different flight but once I was informed of the penalty, so I requested the same flight, with the new price of less than $100 for each ticket. CheapOAir said that they would not honor that. They claim within 24 they will not assess a fee, but when booking on the website, if you click "free cancellation" the small print says 4 hours with out a fee, another false advertisement. Long story short, I booked 2 flights for $614 combined. The price has since then dropped daily. In fact, the EXACT same flight 72 hours later dropped to $348 combined....almost half. Still, CHEAPoair will not honor the new price and clearly elevated my original booking since the market of flight prices did not fluctuate that greatly with several other booking agencies and domestic flights. Again...stay away. Poor customer service, poor policies, inconsistencies and poor communications make this company a rip off.

alexs260
5/29/15

They share your information after your flight and you receive numerous soliciting calls and texts. I called customer service following that and was hung up on.

16 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the CheapOair staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: HOW DO I KNOW THAT MY CREDIT CARD WILL NOT BE USED FOR OTHER PURPOSES AND ALSO THAT I WILL RECEIVE THE E-TICKET SINCE YOU ARE THE MOST CHEAP TICKET I FOUND BUT I AM AFRAID I LOOSE MY MONEY
Answer
darlenet6
A: I have used Cheap Air many times over the years and have NEVER (knock on wood) had ANY issues with security. In addition I just print off my confirmation and my ticket has ALWAYS been there. Planning on booking another trip next month! Very happy with my experience with them!
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: if it is a real and legitimate website, since I will surrender my credit card number and pay more than 1,000 usd
Answer
barraguesa
A: In case you have selected "flexible dates" and you do not reply to the email they send you within 24 hours they will end up choosing and buying with your credit card another ticket for you. That is simply not correct. The buyer should have always the last word if they use your credit card.
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the CheapOair staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

1 Coupon for CheapOair

No coupon code needed
Shop now at CheapOair to save!
Go to CheapOair