US Government's NSF

10 Reviews for Breeders.net

▼ Sort by: recent

georgiac4
9/14/14

I AM A MEMBER OF BREEDERS.NET AND HAVE BEEN THERE FOR SEVERAL YEARS. LATELY I NOTICE ADS(POMERANIAN) BEING PLACED IN MULTIPLY AREAS AND STATES WITH TELEPHONE NUMBERS THAT ARE SUPPOSE TO BE IN MN. BUT MAY NOT BE. I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO CONTACT COMPANY TO NOTIFY THEM. PEOPLE WHO ARE INTERESTED IN A PUPPY. PLEASE DO NOT BUY UNLESS YOU SPEAK WITH A PERSON. DO NOT BUY USING TEXTING. IF YOU CANNOT GET A REAL LOCATION FROM THE PERSON, DO NOT BUY.
I HAVE SOLD SEVERAL PUPPIES OVER THE YEARS USING THIS SITE. SOMETHING HAS GONE WRONG WITH THE SYSTEM THAT DOES NOT LET YOU NOTIFY--HEADQUARTERS OF A PROBLEM DIRECTLY.

kimh70
8/18/14

I was looking to buy a puppy from one of the breeders you had on your site, after contacting them and emails and texts sent back and forth I picked a puppy and paid for it only to find out it is a scam. The phone that they have been using is a non fixed voip phone with a u.s. number but they are in another country. If you have a website that is suppose to help people you should be more careful of the breeders you allow to be on it.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE TO PURCHASE A PET

yvetteg1
7/17/14

I came across this "Jason" guy and we were emailing back and forth, then all of a sudden he tells me he lives in Philedelphia, PA and his breeders. net thing says he lives in LOS ANGELES, then everything he wrote me, was basically what a puppy scam statement says :

Hello,
Thanks for the mail and your interest towards my lovely puppies .
sorry for the late respond. They are still available to any family
ready to provide them with enough care and love, were they will be
well spoiled with all their need . Max is the male and Meli is the
Female , All of them are 11 weeks old,They are champion bloodline
, registered AKC, vet check, updated in all shots. Well-tamed and
potty trained , good associate with kids and other house hold pets
also very Energetic and eager to learn . They are intelligent,
independent and courageous. Quick to determine where they fits in a
house hold's "pack." Good companionship and friendly towards new
people . They are pure breed "Siberian Husky puppies"

To begin i will like to know more about you.

-Are you a breeder?
-Are you familiar with this breed of Puppies?
-Do you have kids?
-Do you have a Vet Doctor?
-What is your occupation?
-Give me a Brief Description about your Environment?
-Where exactly are you located?
-Are you interested in both puppies or just one? if one a male or a female?
-Have you Ever arrange for a home delivery for a pet?
-Are you willing to get the puppies delivered to your home address ?

Sorry for all this Questions (I mean not to offend you ) but just that
I really need a loving home for these puppies,i am located in
Philadelphia, PA. Reason for Re-homing the Puppies is because I just got
my Scholarship to further my course in Hawaii and the Hawaii state's
authority does not allowed Animal to get into their state due to their
Strong Quarantine restrict Law.

So i need an urgent home for them so badly . I am giving them out for
$350 for one and $600 for both with delivery inclusive, I am not out to
make money from them because they are very expensive babies i trained
and loved, since they were just like my own children , my main concern
is to give
them the best they ever want . all I will like to hear from you is to
promise me that you would shower them with lots of TLC .
And I would never like that my babies should end up in a shelter or
rescue ., feel free to mail me . If you are willing to get them ,
please e-mail me asap so that I would stop all other contacts .If you
have any more question to ask I will answer you truthfully and
faithfully.

Thanks
Best Regard
Jason

He seemed too eager to get my address and he needed it to send the puppy via an airplane transport.... do not trust people like him. I unfortunately gave him my information and now he isn't responding... So be careful! Just warning you, don't do what I did.

wayneb38
5/4/14

I have been trying to contact a breeder listed on this site but I don't think that they are getting my message. Must be something wrong with their email forwarding.

debrar4
9/15/13

We have placed puppies in great homes through this website for about 8 years. As long as breeders here keep their sites up to date it works great. Most breeders are legal, legitimate, licensed families who are working to better the breeds they produce. Working closely with their vet and registry clubs, the responsible breeder produces a socialized, outgoing, happy puppy that can not be found at a shelter!

da9458
4/21/13

I used my zipcode to find "local" breeders so I could go visit them to meet our new bany. However I was contacted by someone in Texas although they have a .co.uk (United Kingdom) email address offering an offer to good to be true. Responded to me twice with the EXACT same email greeting me correctly and someone else entirely. Seems pretty fishy to me-beware!!! Also no contact info what ao ever for the site?!

vandam
3/21/13

I was in a desperate search of a cream to white colored Lhasa Apso cause I had one yrs ago. So I found this one breeder and emailed her about 4-5 times that day.Probably bad idea.and I noticed that with the other breeders that did get back to me the puppies were sold fast. so I decide to search for her phone number useing her name. well came across it.But it said she owned a childrens day care. Thats fine I dont care. thot she has a lot of love to give. Well I was hesitant about calling cause 1 wasnt sure it was her. 2 thot maybe she may not like it. But then thot what if someone else gets the pup? so I called and left a quik message relateing how I emailed her a few times but explained I really wanted the cream pup and gave my number and even mention hope I had the right number and hope she didnt mind the call.
Well aparently she got a little bit bothered by it. So she emails me back almost emedeitly. Had a fiesty attitude! Bringing out how she ran other buisnesses and was very busy person, got hundreds of emails everyday and "phone Calls" and cant get back to everyone. And adds, Why are we discusing Cream? I never said anything to you about haveing Cream? " Hello / I know that! " Then says her Creams and Reds are more money[ $995.] and are harder to find [which I thot why is she throwing in a higher price then stated on her webpage? ], even she had a hard time finding hers. Then proceeds to tell me she didnt have the cream pup anymore it was sold almost the next day practically, the only ones left was a blk. one for $800. And of coarse talked the blk one up. OK Im looking for cream....so
I felt bad about it..thot the women might had been stressed because of daycare and puppies. So i emailed back a little upset, because I thot she didnt have to word things the way she did. Not profesional at all. There was more but to long. So I proceeded to apologize and say Im sorry I didnt mean to upset you, But I went and explained that I was anxsius for the cream for my special needs son whom is a high function intelegent man whos home with me and I also have a buisness and actually yrs. ago bred a couple times Yorkies. But was to much and understand her situation But! I did mention Perhaps it would help if she updated her webpage with the available puppies. and to indicate that the lighter ones were more money because it says...$800. and puppies ready to go home 4/19/2013 Their photos on the page. And again apologized for anything I said.OK ....
Now she emails back all docil and says Im not upset with you. I dont know why you think I gave you that impresion..now here comes the story or lies...Well I dont take care of the web page have someone else do it for me. and I only have the Blk one left. I just finally went to look at it after your email for the first time in a long time. Then tells me her next litter is in August if I wanted to wait.And she was very sweet at that point and said she understand if I wanted to continue searching and basicaly wished me good luck. OK! Well I just went on her web page 2 days later. She updated it..Left her puppy cream on it but changed the name to Red 8 weeks and put up 2 older 14 weeks old light colored puppies and under the photos she put name "Cream" and over to left hand side put up the price instead of $800. she changed it to $900. aparently all the puppies in all shades. Never any indication if that price is for only a few certain color pup. So she basically was upset with my first calling her and lied, could had told me she had 2 older cream color pups[she could had sold to me if she mentioned it. which She knew I had told her I didnt care about the money I would even pay $1000. for it.Aparently she must be haveing an emotional or something going on caquse she obviusly did not want me to have any of her pups.Thats fine.however the impresion she got. But No need for those lies. I wouldnt trust her for anything now! And where are these older puppies comeing from? Now I question her breeding. Beware Cant trust her. The breeders.net has nothing! todo with people like her. She just uses the sight for saleing. so not breeder.net fault in anyway! I found other breeders who reasponded very profesionally and reasponsibly. By the way If that was her phone number. her voice had an accent..maybe european. My husband is portugeuse.
At any rate Good luck best wishes to all finding their forever pet. I found my New Baby who actually is gorgeous light redish with beautiful white face and all 4 paws. From a wonderful breeder refered by a profesional. Her Name is Karen Kennedy and she has beautiful pups also. I thot I be stuck on creams and ended up falling in love with my little boy Red, whos name is now Meeko! Its the where you look but whom deals with you the right profesional way. Sorry so long could have been longer.

ao10
7/8/12

Was looking for a small breeder who really cared for their animals. Thought I found the right one by using this website. I contacted John Morris in
Palm Springs and bought a 9 week old puppy from him. He seemed like a wonderful caring person. Found out different once I got my new pup home. The poor puppy was INFESTED with ticks! Had to rush her to the vet for treatment and also had to treat my dog I already had and my home. He would not accept responsibility for his animal cruelty. Again, I found this breeder on breeder.net. Shame on them.

amyl14
4/25/12

I am a small, hobby breeder AND I am active in dog rescue. Many of my pets came from the animal shelter or humane society. That doesn't mean that all breeders are bad, as some reviewers on this site would have you believe. This site helps connect people who are looking for a specific breed (because let's face it, sometimes you want a particular dog that you will NEVER see at the shelter). There are all types represented here from excellent bloodlines to dogs that should never have been allowed to reproduce, but it does give people an option for tracking down the dog "of their dreams!"

duked
7/9/09

Seriously, selling animals is shameful. Anyone looking for a new pet always should just check their local humane society - http://www.hsus.org.
Animals are not products! I'd like to dig a hole and bury this site six feet under.

Best Online Dog Breeding Resources Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber