US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

126 Reviews for Bigdeal.com

Review Highlights

Remember tokens cost .75 cents so don't buy more than the item is worth!

Furthermore your "loyalty bucks" get you discounts on nothing but crap.

For every "big deal," most people lost money, sometimes quite a lot of it.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

1/8/13

Complete rip off site. False Advertising. Represent self as a discount site. At best they're a gambling site and the HOUSE wins BIG while YOU Lose. Don't trust them. Run Away!!! Run Away Fast!!!

8/31/11

Whoever thought of this idea is very clever and making a serious amount of money, very much a rip off site, you pay for the bids which you could probably use 200 bidding on decent items and still not get it, everyday is the same, i-pad, tv, laptop, i-phone, the rest of the items are not worth eveing contemplaying buying.

Rip off site, best staying away and doing something else with your money.

6/7/11

I registered/subscribed to BigDeal.com on Saturday, May 28th, 2011, and requested a refund and cancellation of my membership the same day, as soon as I realized that this was a major scam. They refused.
BigDeal.com advertises itself as an auction site, but it is unlike any auction you have ever seen. First you buy a pack of tokens ($22.50 for 30, $37.50 for 50, etc.). Then you bid on items with these tokens, each bid showing as if it equals one cent. If you bid 50 times, it looks like you bid 50 cents, but you really bid $37.50 (50 x .75 = 37.70). If you run out of tokens, you have to purchase more if you want to keep bidding so you invest even more.
Here is the big rip off—once you bid, that money is forfeited even if you don't win the item. To not lose your money completely, you must buy the item at full retail price (also called "buy it now" price) plus shipping and taxes minus the money you bid. This entire process is a scam to make you pay full price for an item you might not be able to afford. If you wanted to pay full retail, you'd just go to the mall and save yourself shipping costs. You even lose this option if you don't act immediately.
There is a second layer of rip off that they call "loyalty rewards." Again you spend additional money to buy an item you don't really want so that you can use your token $$ to reduce the price slightly. For example, you can buy a $49.99 coffeemaker for $39.99, using tokens for the other $10.00. You have just spent 39.99 more (plus shipping and tax) and still have $27.50 in tokens to redeem. You could end up spending an additional $150 in order to redeem all of your tokens.
BigDeal.com isn't running an auction; it is a bait and switch scam, tricking you into buying and paying full price. If you realize you've been had and try to get a refund, they refuse because all of the regulations were written for you to read, and you should have known better. The confusing instructions consist of pages of "How It Works" and "FAQs" but most of the content is devoted to claiming how great a deal you'll be getting. The warnings are buried deep in the misleading propaganda about how everyone is a winner. Almost at the end, they caution that you might lose money, but lucky you—you'll get Loyalty Bucks so you really can't lose!
In addition, I received a notice from them that I had reached their monthly limit of bidding on ten auctions and had to wait for a month to bid again. When I pointed out that this "regulation" is nowhere mentioned on their website, they emailed that it was a mistake.
I want my $60 refunded (#73093), but I'm not holding my breath!

6/5/11

Wow. Wish I had read the reviews before throwing $22 out the window to buy "tokens." This isn't bidding like ebay. Every time you bid you basically throw your money (away) into a hat. So some lucky bloke (rigged participant) buys a kindle for $7.42 and I leave $22 the poorer and nothing to show for it except for this comment and a lesson learned.

6/3/11

Those of you who refer to "bots" bidding on auctions: every bidder has the option to engage an automated bidder to post bids for them. It's limited at 40 bids and, often times, several bidders on the same auction are using them. Using the auto bid system is one of the strategies of winning on the site. Big Deals makes A LOT of money, that's true, enough that I don't think they need to scam anyone. If you log in, buy a few bids, try to win a TV for $30, of course you'll be out of luck. There are strategies to winning items at a low price and it works for me. I've won a Kindle, a MacBook, several zip drives, etc. Like anything else in life, if you walk in blind and hand them your money, they'll gladly accept it from you. Here's a tip: if you want to win a $600 iPhone, make sure you have $600 worth of bids to fire at the auction. If you win, whoopee, you got a great deal. If not, you can buy the item for the cost of your bids plus shipping. Yes, the retail price is a little higher than regular web deals, but that's the trade-off for taking a shot at a 95% discount, which happened for me the first day I bid, here. PayPal has their revenue gates open to the site (and they've closed them to many penny auction sites). That lends some credibility to their business tactics.

5/31/11

You really can win some great deals on this, but you have to play smart. You have to look at statistics and only start bidding when you know its close to selling. The way u do that is by studying the average price that it normally goes for and then second watch bidder behavior. I have only seriously participated in 3 auctions. I've won 2 of those auctions by following the advice mentioned above. The last prize I won was an Apple Ipad 2, 64 GB wireless, brand new, expected delivery date according to there system report is 6/16 - I'm Rebecca Lawson, look me up on the second to the last auction for the ipad 2 64gb black, on 5/31 - you can also look me up on Linkedin and Facebook. I'm legit.

5/19/11

This site is NOT a scam. Im not to sure why i am telling you this, (all the negativity limits the competition on the site) but im sick of reading people B***h and moan. They are a legit company who offers EXACTLY what they say. Everyone who files a "complaint" to the BBB are a bunch of sore losers who manager their money poorly. There is strategy and skill involved. You can't just hop on and through bids around. You thought u could just walk away with a ipad for 26 bucks easily? For those who pay 75 bucks and expect to win something big, then goodluck. I have invested $1200 on this site so far. I have recieved a brand new 3d 47"TV (that im watching right now), two iPad 2's, over a dozen video games, and a bunch of other 50-80 dollar items.

5/8/11

corrupt. use inside ppl to bid up their products. designed to keep you bidding and spending on bids but to never win any merchandise

5/4/11

I signed up for BigDeals.com and I think that they should have named it BigScam.com.

After watching some bidding I realized it would take some patients to bid and win. I only bid on item I wanted. Researched what other auctions closed at and used a plan on bidding that worked twice for me on the two items I won (Kindle and IPod). Both items would have cost me $229 and $139. I guess if you figure how to bid and win a couple items they cancel you with no chance for review. See the e-mail I received below.

Oh yea, try and contact them, that is a joke. No customer service number to call and since my account was canceled I could not go to their website and submit a question. They do not want your questions or feedback, JUST SEND THEM YOUR MONEY.

Much to my surprise I received an e-mail (shown below) saying that my account had been canceled due to their terms of service agreement. What I did other than deploy what seemed to be a winning approach to bidding is beyond me. I take it that if you win a couple times you will be canceled. I have yet to hear back from them on what it was I did to cause them to cancel my account.

They did note that they would send a refund, will see how long that takes. I can bet it takes longer for me to get my money back (if I do) than it did them to get payed for me purchasing their tokens.

Hello,

Our goal at BigDeal.com is to add a bit of excitement to the shopping experience. While we want to provide access to great deals on popular products to all of our users, there are occasions when we are unable to extend a relationship as outlined in our Terms of Service.

After careful review, we have elected to permanently close your account.

We enforce our Terms of Service to level the playing field as much as possible and make the bidding process transparent and fair for all of our users.

All orders on this account have been cancelled and a refund in full for these orders and bids purchased, in the amount of $243.62 has been issued.

Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions, however our decision in this matter is not subject to further review.

Rachel

Account Verification Department

BigDeal.com

One last note, I do realize how they make their money and the ugly profits that they make on some of their products so I approached this with caution and a plan for bidding. Had they not canceled my account and I had received the merchandise my thoughts would have been different.

4/26/11

I was researching the iPad, when there was an advertisement at the bottom of the screen. At first glance I found the deals very enticing. However, I have seen scams like this before. After researching bigdeals, I came across this website. I decided to dig further. If you go to their winners page, there is a list of people and if they are on facebook. I searched for every single individual and guess what. THEY DON'T EXIST!!! THIS IS A SCAM. I'm glad I found this website before I gave them any information.

4/19/11

I thought Bigdeal was cool, trying to get something for nothing,,,,was I fooled!
I was a fool for giving them my C C, thought it was far paying them if I won a bid, hahaha. Little did know that it cost me 75 cents to make a bid,,,,so I was going wild bidding on stuff....
So when my C C statement came, Bigdeal had charged me $ 75.00 for being an unsuspecting azz.

4/19/11

Extremely fast way to throw away your funds with little to no chance of ever recouping full value dollar for dollar.

4/15/11

You need to be really carefully spending your money here. This website pretty much just like SaveBig.com where ...

I've won $15 LOWE's gift card for 31 cents .. NICE indeed BUT ...

31 cents is actually stands for 31 bids .. it cost 60 cents per bid.
31 x 60 = $18.6 (this is how much the company actually make) ...

indeed I win a $15 gift card for 31 cents (YAY!) and lucky for me I just bid ONE TIME .. but what about those people who bid against me like 10 times? .. they lost 10x60 cents = 6 bucks ...

think about it .. it's all depend on ur LUCK!
coz I tried it again .. bidding another gift card .. I bid 25 TIMES .. I lost it all ..
and I cannot even use it for a credit deduction to buy the item at retail price. (coz I was bidding using voucher bids NOT purchase bids) ..

overall this company is pretty smart ... I wish I am the owner LOL

4/8/11

I am out $97.50 and cannot figure out how to get any of it back. Wish I had read all these comments before I signed up with them.

4/7/11

I won two auctions for 'e-certificates' two months ago. I have received only two 'e-mail codes' that they state can be exchanged for GIFT CERTIFICATES of my choice from a list furnished by them. I selected a firm on that list only to have them remove that firm from the list! They say thet their 'e-mail codes' can be used on third party sites but that is not true - they are not accepted! Their 'e-mail codes' cannot be used by third parties and are useless as gifts.BigDeal will not allow me to file any 'problem reports' any longer. I have been unable to find any phone number where I can discuss this problem with a live person. They just refuse to ship my won items and close all complaints filed as'problem solved'and refuse to permit any new problem complaints!!!

4/5/11

Be forewarned. You're buying bids, not items. Plus, you'll never win since the auctions only go up 1 penny at a time (and that'll cost you $0.50 per click) Stay away, horrible website and customer service!!!!

4/2/11

I think people control all of these bidding sites...its really ingenious on the creators part, but I think its a crock of SH!T!

SAVE YOUR $$ and find real auctions, that when you place a bid...you actually can have a chance to WIN! No 30 second wind-down! ;)

IF IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE...IT USUALLY IS!

3/23/11

Total bull$#*! site. A pure scam/lie. They misinform the consumer by mis-stating the discount percentages when each bid token cost $0.75 cents. Example: Product retails for $10, you bid 10 times and got lucky and won, total number of bids was 20. The site will say you paid ($0.20 cents for the auction price + $0.10 cents for the bid price) = $0.30 for the $10 saving you 97% when in reality you paid 0.75 x 10 = $7.50 + 0.20 auction price = $7.70 which is a savings of 23%!!!! Check the math on the site. The site needs to be shut down!!

3/15/11

I just reserved an iPad 2 and I was just searching for iPad related things and this site popped up. I sat there watching an auction, realizing that these people were spending .75$ for every bid and my head was spinning! I don't want to say people are stupid but COME ON! I almost registered on the site just out of curiosity to see what was going on but thought twice about that. This is crazy! People will do anything for a deal! A deal that isn't a deal! Seriously, if it sounds to good to be true, it IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE! Go buy it at the store, where you have a reciept and a guarantee it's real. In the case of iPad2, it just came out!!! Who are these people that think they can get a sold out product for less than retail a week after its released? Like I said, go to the store and buy it, if you can't afford it save a few bucks a week until you can. I'm not trying to be mean to anyone. I truly feel for all of the people that were ripped off by this site but it's high time we all stop falling for this crap. Just because you saw it on TV (or in this case; online) doesn't mean it's true or legit.

3/14/11

I flatly was ripped off!! Nowhere does it tell you that your "bids" are not worth the money you spend, nor that your money the you do spend to buy the "bids" is just plain gone. I wish I had read and known before I spent $75 trying to bid on an ipad that the auction could go on for 48 hrs. or more, that their "BidBuddy" (my bid helper so I didn't have to sit at my computer for 3 days) was going to just help them rip me off...and it only took a little over an hour, at 1 cent increments, for BidBuddy to spend my $75. I "authorized" BidBuddy to start bidding at $42 and stop at $75 but when I checked an hour later all my "bids" and money were gone and the price of the item was only at $46! I will do whatever I can to help get this site shut down. I am disputing with my credit card company payment to them as well and hope that I get results. I wish that there was somewhere else I could post that would clue others to how they are scamming and stealing money from consumers.

Apprentice Reviewer
3/1/11

I was tricked because they claim repeatedly that you cannot lose because they applying non-winning bids to special purchases, so their are no losers at thei site. What a joke!

I had $126 in these back-up bids. It turns out that they re worthless. They are to be applied to 5% discount for items that you pay full price for -I am going to try to reverse these charges with my bank bank, due to fraud. I have never done this before.

2/22/11

This site is a total scam! They do not have the rules explained very well at all. You pay 75 cents for each bid you make and the bids on the auctions only go up one penny each bid, so there is no way you can win or even get a decent price for an item on this website. They are making $750 for every $10 that the auction receives. They have bots that bid against you, so you can't win. Then they offer to sell you the item outright with the money you used to bid but the item is way overpriced. You cannot win on this website so beware!

2/19/11

This has to be the most misleading deal e-bay has come up with yet.At least I think they are affiliated with e-bay.I would not advise anyone with the exception of my worst enemy to take advantage of this non-deal.If I can't get this disputed through my credit card co.I'll feel like the biggest goof in the world.It reminds me of one of those claw games at the carnival that no one can win.

2/17/11

I tried this website and it is a complete ripoff, I feel like a total bozo but that is what I get. I obviously did not listen to my intial insticts, but don't be a sucker like me and waste your time and money. I spent $75.00 and won nothing. They tell you that with every bid you earn a reward to be used toward a buy it now purchase, that is a total ripoff too, the discount you get is ridulous and could buy any of their reward bonus cheaper elsewhere. Beware don't waste your money, this lesson was costly, thank goodness I woke up.

2/6/11

Bottom Line the website BigDeal.com is a scam!!! Short overview of my experience. Bid like crazy to the point that spent over 300 dollars on Buy Bids. I am so far in now better just opt for the BUy It now, which i do. Go through the buy it now process all seems fine. Check my bank account on line. Transactions show pending, I receive an e-mail from Chris, saying something wrong with my shipping address, I reply with another address, check my bank account again online transactions pending, few banters back and forth with Chris about shipping address eventually says my shipping address is ok, and he will let the shipping section know along with accounts. I m think cool paid too much for the product but ok my mistake check my online bank account transactions have gone through but now my account it not showing transaction for the buy it now part only for all the money spent on Buy Bids. Product not shipped over 300$ dollars spent on nothing. And to top it off no reply from Chris , no answer their telephones and no answer to complaints. Does any one have a suggestion as to what I legally can do to reclaim my money and hopefully shut this site down!!!!!

2/5/11

This site is completely ridiculous as a shopping/auction site, unless you see it as a gambling site. I did some research ahead of time, watched other people play a bit and thought this doesn't look too terrible. However, I wish I had done some simple math before starting, and here is why -

First of all for all the $0.01 increases per bid in an auction, I soon realized that bigdeal.com is getting $0.75, so if an item goes for say $5.00 to a user, bigdeal.com made a profit of $375 just from the users' bids!!!

The Loyalty Bucks you can only use to purchase other items at a slight discount, they cannot be used for more tokens or to redeem your money.

Realized Savings / Potential Savings section isn't shown anywhere until you make an account. It appears that you can only win so much based on how much you spend either on tokens or in the loyalty store, so pretty much you can't win big dollar prizes unless you spend money even if you win extra tokens/bids at a low cost in an "auction".

The only way to win "auctions" is by pushing people around with a lot of tokens, which costs more money and I cannot imagine you will make back what you put in!! In a couple auctions that once the clock initially turned zero it took over an hour to get to the final winner, and a few of the people trying to push everyone around spent nearly as many tokens as they were bidding to win and had to give up. This just promotes people being reckless bidding and bidding to get more turns to bid to try to buy this or that item.

I personally am glad that I only spent $22.50 + $0.02 on 40 tokens, realized what a scam this is and how dangerous it is and deactivated my account. I feel a little stupid that I didn't think "if it sounds too good to be true than it probably is" before I spent any money at all!!!

Use bigdeals.com with caution and don't blow your money on this site, even if you win, think of all the people out money and how much bigdeals.com made on your win - it is just stupid!

1/29/11

THIS SITE IS NOT FOR INEXPERIENCED "TRADERS/HAGGLERS/BARTERERS/BUYERS" now i WILL agree, this site is pretty much a legalized way of "cheating" the average person out of their money, but only because the site does not have some type of page that fully explains how the site works and breaks down how much you will actually be paying for items, HOWEVER, the site is somewhat legitimate, ive only been using for a few days, but i have already won 3 auctions, and saved literally hundreds... i won 200 bids, valued at $150, i spent a total of $50, i bid on it 40 times (75 cents per bid = $30) plus the $20 it actually cost, i got a Macbook for a total of $310, its valued at $900, i spent $225 on the 300 bids i used, and paid $82 for it out of pocket, the other item i won was 10 bids for about $1 total... the site is not FULLY a scam, or a fraud or whatever you want to call it, yes i do believe the site may have "bots" or its own employees "running" up the prices on some items, but if you arent prepared for this before you sign up, then youre an idiot for signing up in the first place and have no business being on this site, this site is about being smart and VERY patient, it took me over 8 hours to win the macbook, the key to winning items at this site for a "decent" price/discount is knowing WHEN to bid and paying attention to how many bids another user has already put into it, always keep in mind, A. each time you bid on an item, youve already added 75 cents to the cost of that item for yourself, 25 bids and youre already at an extra $20 spent on top of what you have to pay if you win, and B. always pay attention to how many bids someone else has placed, if you see someone has spent 300 bids ($225 JUST FOR THE BIDS) on an item, be prepared to battle it out with that person, like i said i agree the site more than likely does run up the price on some of the higher end items, but honestly i don't think a majority of people "KNOW HOW" to win items on this site AND save money at the same time, don't be mad at the site or its cretors/owners... be mad at yourself for not fully understand how the site works, and for not teaching yourself or learning how to use the site effectively

1/28/11

I have been monitoring BigDeal.com for the past two days because I wanted to jump in and begin bidding to see if I could pick up an iPad really cheap. After watching just three auctions, I'm convinced they employ either bots or people to keep the bidding going and take your money. Here's the only example I need to give you. I just watched a "user" spend over 7 hours of their time spending over $820 of their own money on 75 cent bids (yes, over 1000 bids) for an iPad that they DID not win when they could have purchased one in 5 minutes for $729.00 from Apple or eBay. So, do you believe someone is that stupid? I don't either. The fact is, someone or somebot is bidding in order to keep the bidding going. Bigdeal.com is obviously a scam site. I have the screen shot of the above example if you want to see it.

1/27/11

This site is essentially a gambling site to see who wins the item. It is slightly better than that, as any "bids" spent on an item that you did not win are credited toward a purchase at the retail price of the item.

The basics of how it works have already been described, but essentially each bid costs $0.75, and each bid on an item typically raises the price of the item $0.15, however depending on the item each bid may raise the item price by less, down to as little as $0.01 for each bid.

For example, I just watched a bidding war on a Kindle DX Graphite. Each bid was worth $0.01, and the final price was $7.94. That sounds like a really good deal, until you realize how much money was spent to get the price to that point. $7.94 at $0.01 per bid means there were 794 bids made. Each bid cost $0.75, which means a total of $595.50 was spent on the item, well above the $379.00 retail price, but it is not actually as bad as it sounds.

In a worst case scenario, there were only two bidders and each bidder spent $297.75 bidding on the item. Whichever bidder won gets to buy the item for an additional $7.94, for a total cost of $305.69, or about $73 less than the retail price.

In all practicality it's not the 90+% off they claim by a long shot (closer to 20% off), and I believe it is a very dishonest tactic, but it is still a good discount for the winner. I think it is ok as long as you fully understand the rules.

For the loser, they get the opportunity to recover their loss by buying the item at retail minus the cost of their bids. That means the person who spent $297.75 in bids and lost can purchase the item for an additional $81.25.

There is a catch though - not all items allow for a retail buy. If an item does not have a "buy it now" option, STAY AWAY! You will not be able to purchase the item at retail, and you will lose your money if you do not win the bid. The chances that you will be the one who actually wins on a bid on a popular item are very low, so you will almost certainly be giving your money away to bigdeal.com.

I think the site can be useful if you cannot find anyone who sells the particular item for any cheaper than retail, AND you are absolutely sure you want to buy the item, even at retail prices. In that case you have a chance to get a big discount. I frankly think you would need to be daft to bid on an item on bigdeal.com that did not have a "buy it now" option. There is no way to recoup your losses in that case, it is sheer foolishness.

If you did not understand what I wrote above DO NOT USE THIS SITE! You will in all likelihood lose a lot more money than you save if you do not understand what is going on. If you did understand what I wrote, then good luck to you.

1/20/11

It's just a scam. And when you see ipads for $10 that ALONE should tell you it's a game not a real auction site.

Apprentice Reviewer
1/19/11

Seems like a penny auction site is being reviewed almost daily here, so I thought I'd chime in. First off let me say, I think a lot of these reviews are being done by competitors or paid for. Who signs up for SiteJabber to review one site out of billions? Shady is all I'm saying.

I hear a lot of complaints about people spending so much in bids it doesn't make sense for them to do that and that the site must have "bots". Or that they use all their bids and win nothing. Well, some people do know how to game these sites. How? Well instead of going right for the shiny consumer electronics, they spend all their bids and money getting more bids. They concentrate on "bid auctions", that is, gettiing bids for cheap. Swoopo and Beezid do 500 and 1000 bid pack auctions. So when it comes down to a person who has 30 bids at a buck a piece and a guy with 500 that he paid less than $100 for, guess who is going to feel cheated, and guess who is going to be watching his HD 3DTV in 2 weeks? if you are going to use these sites, bid horde! Bids are the most expensive part of the game, use them wisely. If they didn't send products, or scammed you, you need to get in touch with law enforcement.

What is good about BigDeal is that you can buy it now using the bids you used if you lose the auction. So basically you paid for a chance to get an incredible deal. If you did win, you got something for a great deal. Claim it, pay it. However I will say that for the amount of money these sites make, they go to very little effort to explain to their users how it all works. It's not a scam, it's not equivalent gambling. If you can find a way to game them, go for it. According to Swoopo they lose money on about half of their auctions. But the big auctions make up for the losses. To be fair, I'll say the same for the other two auction sites mentioned here. I would say Beezid, Swoopo and BigDeal have the best products and the best sites in this industry. If you're going to try out penny auctions, bid horde, and use one of these three.

1/6/11

How to get your money back from bigdeal.com (maybe)

I have the tenacity of pit bull and I also work in the health care industry, so I'm constantly dealing with denials and bs.

I was refunded every dime I spent on bigdeal.com.

Here's how I did it:

I filed a complaint with the BBB (http://goldengate.bbb.org), the SF DA (DistrictAttorney@sfgov.org) and the California Attorney General (http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/general.php) as another person posted.

Then I submitted multiple tickets online at bigdeal.com. In fact, I think I had 6 different complaints open at one time. Each time I did not get the resolution I was seeking, I would copy that complaint into the response on each ticket and then emailed the following people on each and every rebuttal:

rachel@bigdeal.com
aubrey@bigdeal.com
george@bigdeal.com (this is George Leimer, Vice President of Operations and co-Founder BigDeal.com, Inc. His office phone is 415.814.9817 and his cell is XXXXXXXXX*)

You can also go to www.linkedin.com and send a message Nicolas Darveau-Garneau, Founder and CEO at BigDeal.com.

ALSO, bigdeal.com has added the names and photos to employees and board member on their site - write to as many people as possible - their email format is easy enough to figure out - it's the person's firstname@bigdeal.com.

This took about 3 days before I think they got sick of me. Plus, I doubt they want any more negative press, since they seem to be backed by legit venture capitalists.

I would also recommend emailing all the local news stations and www.sfgate.com with your story and copy as many people from bigdeal.com on those emails.

Good luck!

*[Personal information removed by moderator 1/7/11]

1/6/11

Waste of time and potentially a lot of YOUR $$

Do not use this site unless you are absolutely willing to pay full price for the item you are bidding on!! Otherwise you will lose money. AFTER you do not "win" the item, the site claims you can use your "loyalty bucks" to save money shopping on items, but don't forget you paid for those "loyalty bucks" in REAL money.

Seriously do not get sucked in and think your gonna nab a deal. You are bidding against other people who actually think they are gonna get a deal too. Greed in contagious! Like I said, only use the site if you actually going to pay full price. You can use your bid money toward the item. This means the money you spent on tokens is actually going to the full price of the item, thus, you will not lose money, just pay for the darn thing with Buy it Now if you don't win. Remember tokens cost .75 cents so don't buy more than the item is worth!

Read Read READ the rules of the site. (genius business plan for BigDeal) They are making a ton of money on other peoples desire to get one deal. Remember if it seems to good to be true, it usually is!!!

12/22/10

I had trouble with their "clocks" - mine would freeze up and I'd waste bids(which are $.75@). There seem to be some who have mastered the bidding system and win all the merchandise. I'm trying to get a refund for the money I didn't use. It's a fun site but it didn't work for me. LW

12/21/10

Won a Sharp Aquos TV for ~$10.00 + shipping, a Kinect for about the same, an XBox 360 with Halo and extra controller for $240 (buy it now). It is addicting and can cost you money if you are not careful, but you can absolutely win auctions and get great products for dirt cheap. Customer service is great, Fed Ex lost my tv and BigDeal reshipped another one on expidited shipping to ensure I got it by Christmas. I do recommend the site, but be careful because it is a bit like gambling. The best route is to bid on items you were going to buy anyway.

12/20/10

One has to buy tokens to bid on items and they assure you in the "Buy" page that all unused bid tokens are "Completely Refundable". When one goes to refund their tokens there is only a "redeem" button where one HAS to buy something with those points if one hope to get any value from their "bids" tokens. What a ripoff!

12/19/10

Wow...I played for just little and then ran some stats on my probability of winning and the bennefit this program has over consumers, I realize its by choice but these folks are banking $75 for every dollar that is bidded. At a penny a bid, I was looking at a Ipad and realized that it was at $184.82, in bids, this translates to $13,861.00 that has been bidded. My gosh, with these type of programs, we will definitely be in a recession.

12/14/10

I only tried this once and decided to take my losses and pay double for a ceramic heater I bought. It seems the same people are bidding and out bid you at the last minute, because you ran out of tokens. I'm just going to write it off as a lesson learned the hard way.

12/11/10

I accidentally spammed over to this site and was like wow! at first. I buy 50 bids thinking it's like ebay and mistakenly wasted 10 right off the batt. So I decided to read some reviews, do some research, and then come back to the site to do it right. Here's the skinny: It is a casino and you are gambling. You must find something you like and stick to it. Buy the retail price in chips so you have a chance to win. Stay away from the bot bidders with names like IWILLWIN, or WILLBIDTORETAIL as examples. These guys are either pros or bots and you can't beat them.Learn the days and hours when people bid the least to lesson your competition. I did end up winning a 9" Amazon Kindle for a total of $147 in chips, and $16 for shipping and final bid. Overall I save about $120. Remember find one thing and buy the retail in chips. Bid until people stop, or at least you can do the buy it now if you lose. I'm not coming back here though. I'm sticking to Ebay.

11/25/10

Ended up paying buying out right, but got charged 5 times for the item. Yes I do think they are a scam! The FBI should be notified and the all of these sites monitored.

11/25/10

It is nothing but a 'legal' scam. Stay away from them or they will just get your money. It isn't an auction, it is a carnival game that you can not win. They need to be investigated for misrepresentation.

11/19/10

will warn everyone to use Ebay instead of this site, for one thing you get what you pay for at Ebay and they don't take your money till you win an auction. Here with BigDeal they take your money first and force you to buy their products at a jacked up price if you lose an auction. Big deal gives very low if any kind of discount on the products- something like 7% and you have to buy alot of their products to get your money back. Beware! They claim if you don't like the site they will refund your money. Honey47@aol.com

11/5/10

"Welcome To BigDeal.com
We are pleased to welcome you to BigDeal.com, an exciting new auction game where winners can save up to 90% on popular products. Our #1 priority is to ensure you enjoy your experience on the site, become a loyal customer, and tell your friends about us. We would like to share a few tips to help you enjoy your first experience on BigDeal.com:
Our auctions are different from eBay's and involve paying upfront to place bids on items. Before investing your money, please make sure to read our entire tutorial as it is possible to lose money if you do not use our Buy It Now or Loyalty Bucks features.
Winning our auctions requires skill and patience. Before jumping in, watch a live auction for a few minutes to learn how it works. Can you figure out a winning strategy? Can you outfox the competition?
If you don't win an auction, we don't want you to lose the money you just invested. We have two ways you can earn your money back: our Buy it Now feature allows you to buy any auction item at a discount equal to all the bids you placed and our Loyalty Bucks are good for discounts in our Rewards Store. In some specific instances, we cannot offer the Buy It Now option. When this happens the Buy It Now button is removed and in its place we have clearly marked "Buy It Now not available". Remember to use these features to ensure that you don't lose money if you don't win the auction.
We are incredibly proud of the site and are striving to improve BigDeal.com every day. As the New York Times wrote, BigDeal.com is "an enticing shopping opportunity… taking all the risk out of the bidded auction game".

We hope you enjoy our site and we are excited to have you as a new customer!"

Are you $#*!in serious! why would you ever risk losing all the money you bid on a tv or something when you can go down to sams or your local going out of business electronics store (thank you big business and credit industry raping the american people... "Take everything and give nothing back" as the quote goes)and buy the TV for inevitablly less than you will get it for online. People who claimed they won a lot in a short period is understandable if you work the slot machine 24/7 for a week you a bound to win something. If you have a gambling problem and you life has to be lived on the edge to the point of you cannot even buy a tv without some risk of losing everything than you my friend need professional help with your addiction. There are good deals just one in a million so use this site at your own risk. If you can't control your gambling habits then this is the place for you to feel the rush of losing.

Come on people Be Strong Work hard( i don't care what your excuse is I worked for a huge company that went under a couple years ago went on unemployment ,never quit working hard and was back in the job force within two months... I had no leads no degree and not a lot of money picked up and busted my ass. Then you can afford to go to you local store support your local market and get human customer service with you product. If we don't stop being cheap and cutting the hard workers in each of our communities out then we will continue to suffer and the governerment will continue to spread. If we all work hard together then we will be able to pass on the freedoms we have enjoyed our whole lives to subsequent generations. Come ON homeland and help the people who cannot help themselves Shut down this site to everyone not in Vegas or A.C.!!

10/8/10

Very expensive, and u have a better chance of seeing bigfoot then winning on this site. Don't waste ur time and money

10/7/10

Big Deal was the first penny auction site that I visited and was surprised when I won an auction after only a few bids. I had checked the better business bureau before going to this site but still I did not believe that it was legit, until the order item came in the mail. After bidding on many different items (won some lost some) I must say that this site is awesome. I bid on an Ipod touch for my wife and lost but I was still able to purchase the item at a reduced price (each bid counts towards purchase price if you loss). I spent about $37.50 on the bids and then that $37.50 was subtracted from the total amount of the Ipod touch ($229.99 - 37.50 = 192.49). So I still won by having the money spent being subtracted from the sell price of the item. I lost nothing. The last thing that I would like to say is that the loyalty bucks are great. So if I loss an auction I still can buy the item at a reduced cost and still get loyalty bucks to discount other items. I love this site.

9/22/10

Now let me start by saying that its addictive......BUT you must bid with the mindset that your going to pay retail and if you get it for less great. I have had some great luck on things.. I mean great.....I have 4 Ipod touches in the mail now, 3 8gb's and 1 64 GB the 64 I paid full price,but the 3 8GB's paid a total of 47 dollar for all 3. I will sell on craigs list and make a profit.... BUT!!!!!!!!!!

I am having an issue with a few things and I am taking notes on certain people and names. I don't think that BigDeal is behind this but I do think a group of people have formed a group and are abusing the high dollar items. For instance.....Let say there is a 1699 dollar TV up and you can see from the bidding that there are about 4 or 5 people watching and bidding. If 2 of the guys that are in it together are bidding vs each other the other people wait on the side line to get the bidding out of the way. Poeple set patterns in bidding some people wait to bid till the last and if you watch a person bid at the last second for the last 80 bids its safe to say he will keep waiting to do that,,,,,BUT if he is in cahoots with his buddy that is taking the lead and always bidding when aother bids. When it gets to the last second and he doesnt bid like he has for the last 30 mins...bam action over and the 2 guys get the TV...I have a list of names that are in the same auction and this list of 20-25 names are killing the high dollar TV's, I have yet to research any other items but I know I will find the same results.
SO...why I think Bigdeal has no clue? This abuse of items is NOT profitable to them and they would not want this beause the common folk get raped from their bids and don't come back. PLus the auction ends way to fast.
You may say that BIg deal is aware of it and allows it. I say bull$#*!. I for one have had 7 differnt accounts and under 7 differnt e-mail address's and as long as you have 7 differnt funding sourses you can do this. Not untill they make you register with a name are they going to stop this. Like I said I had 7 differnt names but only 4 funding sourses and closed all but 2 accounts.
I would love to post names of the folks I think are abusing but I would like to see other people doing the same.

9/20/10

I bought over $100.00 worth of bids, Didn't win anything lost it all, if your O.K. with gambling then this is a place for you,they offer some discounts on items for the money you spent on auctions that you didn't win...usually about 10 to 20 percent off,the normal Market price, ,none of the merchandise I would pay full price for...The Power players are very hard to beat,on occasion some one seems to win something for a small amount,but it certainly wasn't me.the auctions takes forever to end,every time you place a bid the clock goes back to 30 seconds,and when your betting a penny it takes a long time for that auction to get to a point where someone could win.I got sucked into it WHAT A Waste of Time and Money.Please Watch the site carefully for a few days before buying!!!!!

9/19/10

Don't waste your money!! You buy bids and I'm sure you are bidding against BOTS - then you've spent all your money (and they won't refund it - I've tried!) - then you can get a discount on something in their Value Department that you don't need.

Unless you have absolutely nothing else to do in your life, stay away from this site!!

9/17/10

I'm new to penny auctions, but understand the concept after looking around the site. I had a couple unsuccessful auctions, but one was because of an internet connection issue. I've also had problems with the clock sometimes, when sniping, but again, I can tell that's just because my internet is slow.
I've seen the way some people bid like crazy on items, and can imagine that they would be the folks posting about how BigDeal is a scam in the forums. I'm unconvinced.
I just won a Kindle DX, which sells for $379.00 @ Amazon for about $58.00 by making what I felt were wise decisions about how I bid. So far, I have none of the previously mentioned problems with BigDeal, and am kind of excited about the possibilities there. My inbox is clean, my computer is running well, and my bank account is intact.
My Kindle is due on the 30th of September. Unless I post otherwise, I have received it and am still not convinced that this site is a scam. I haven't given this site a "<3" rating yet because I've got a few days til my item ships. When it shows up, though, I'm sure I'll fall in love.

9/15/10

Well, I was thinking of trying the site as it looked like it was a win win proposition. If I don't win I don't lose any money because I can still buy the product with my bid money counting toward the retail price. However because I am fairly poor I decided to watch a few auctions before putting my money in. This is what I saw. Granted this is only one auction that I watched but it put a sour taste in my mouth.

I watched an apple IPad auction. It was a buy it now not available auction. The auction was a penny auction that eventually ended at $94.69. The only problem was that the winner used 2651 bids. This means that this winner bought an I pad that retails for $829.00 (at the apple store) for $2,050.58. I am fairly certain that this was a ringer upping the bids, Even if you take out the winner's bids bigdeal.com made 5113.50 on this auction. I looked and this auction is not displayed when looking at "Previous Auctions". I have a screenshot if anyone wants it. email me at tl.dangler@gmail.com

Also I wanted to call the business and ask them about this auction. I looked all over for a phone number on the website, but one was not to be found. I looked the company up on the BBB and the number they have is not answered.I am leary of a business I can't get a hold of.

To be completely fair I did see an auction for an ipod touch go for less than $80. including the buyer's price to bid.

The Best Auction Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber