US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jayw5

When I called to confirm my order, the customer service rep, "Chris," very snarkily told me that I had to choose one. (in 23 reviews)

randyy2

I like this security measure to ensure that no one was fradulently using my credit card. (in 30 reviews)

taylorw2

Most likely after you confirm your purchase you'll get a phone call "confirming your order". (in 76 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

johng101
11/18/14

They are a identity theft racquet. They purchase their inventory with stolen credit cards and then scam potential customers with bait and switch tactics. 100% that you will be scammed by these fraudsters. Ever seen the movie "Zohan"? Same type of electronic scam store. What a joke.

georgec59
2/1/14

I would not recommend buying anything from this site. They use fraudulent business practices, like selling a remanufactured camera as brand new. I had ordered a "new" Nikon L820 and received a plain white box with a broken remanufactured camera. After a hassle I sent the camera back to Best Price Photo on my postage.About 10 days later, I received a replacement.I thought that it was also a remanufactured camera so I called Nikon and they did confirm this. Again,I contacted BPP and I insisted that they take the camera back, and they did,postage paid this time.Thanks to my credit card company I was able to get my money back conditionally almost immediately.and permanently after about 2 months from the initial disputed claim.I could go into greater detail but it would only be a repetition of many things that I have already read by other people who posted on this site that had similar experiences. If I would done my "homework" in researching the merchant, as well as the product I would have saved a lot of headaches. You can learn from my experience: Buyer Beware!

seane13
12/9/13

Bought camera. got the whole upwell. Way overcharged me then sent a refurbished camera in a plain white box. Returned camera with a ridiculous 15% restocking fee on July 25th. Never saw a penny returned. Got the credit card company involved and they couldn't get anything out of them as well and had to swallow over 600 bucks. Just called and apparently their domain name has been sold but the address is still the same on the website! Never ever ever ever but anything from Primotronix or best price photo. You are better off throwing your money in the toilet, at least then you know where it went.

melaniem9
12/5/13

I placed an order with bestpricephoto.com for the Canon Rebel t31 (body only) three days ago. Today they called to make sure I understood it did not come with a battery or any accessories and to ask if I would like to order them as well. When I told them I understood that but did not want to increase my order, they then told me it was a Japanese model and came with a Japanese manuel. For just $150 more I could upgrade to a USA model. I said I wasn’t interested in that and would take the Japanese model. I was then asked, “So you speak Japanese? All the symbols on the camera are in Japanese." I cancelled my order. I reviewed the website and there was absolutely no indication that what I ordered was a Japanese model. On a side note, I ordered from them a year ago with no problems. However, after my most recent experience they will never again get my business or recommendations.

kevins59
11/21/13

Horrible experience averted thanks to my credit card company. Ordered a Canon T3i in August. After two phone contacts, I was certain Best Price would not provide good merchandise, so contacted my credit card company which credited my account for payment to Best Price Photo and contacted Best Price. After a 60 day waiting period, in which Best Price did not reply to credit card company, credit card company reports the case is closed, Best Price cannot renegotiate the sale. I'm glad for a good credit card company and will now heed a friend's advice to stick with Adorama or B&H!

paulh77
11/8/13

I ordered a camera and they took my money. No camera has been delivered.
They do not intend to deliver. The company has apparently folded and the domain name bought by somebody else.
Rotten dirty company.

jamesc130
10/27/13

THIEVES! After 3 months, they still have my money and I never received anything. Initially got a call to upgrade to a battery that does not even exist, was told every time I called shipping confirmation nubers are coming,,,,,,,,,,,they never came, canceled order thru email,no response, filed complaint to BBB, they told them I woould get a refund...............never got it,,,,,,,,now filing criminal charges, gettting bank involved and anywhere else I can, They should be shut down

ermiasw
10/17/13

A real scum, I bought a camera from this company because the price was good but you will never get the advertised price. They try to scum you with additional purchases
if they do not success, they will keep your order in process for ever. Do not fool your self by their false advertising

mikes182
10/12/13

I have ordered Nikon Coolpix L820 camera online from www.bestpricephoto.com on September 15, 2013. Normally I am very cautious with my selections and I spent a lot of time choosing this particular camera model. But I failed to check the seller reviews. After all, their price was the lowest by a wide margin. What can possibly be wrong with this company?

The next day I received an email from this company, stating that they tried to reach me on a phone but were unable to do that. They invited me to cal their number with extension 509 “to insure your order ships in a timely manner”. I called and was offered some free gift in exchange of leaving them a good review ahead of time. I refused and the conversation was over.

The camera was received on September 28 (shipping from Brooklyn, NY to York, PA took only 1 day). I had to drive 25 miles to a FedEx location since the seller requested a signature and nobody was home to sign for it. But that is OK – security is a good thing. So I brought the package home and opened it. Inside I have found a white cardboard box with one label, showing the camera model and saying it is a USA Retail kit and Color: Black. Upon inspection I have found that camera strap is missing one of the rectangular plastic retainers and lens cap cord is missing too. Everything else appeared to be in place, but the box content was not organized and was not secured properly as you would expect to see in such products. My conclusion – I received a remanufactured or gray market camera, although it was advertised as new. If I wanted a remanufactured camera, I could get it much cheaper from a reputable seller. Quick functionality check showed that camera is operational, but this is not what I wanted to buy. I wanted a new camera made by Nikon with all the accessories coming with it in a factory box.

I made multiple attempts to call the company, but nobody was picking up the phone. So on October 1 I sent them an email, demanding an explanation and the missing parts. I did not get any reply to that email. Only after that I have learned that this company is not a legitimate one and it has numerous complaints from the customers. Its Better Business Bureau rating is D (one of the worst possible). Knowing that ahead of time I would not buy anything from them even for free. I have learned my lesson. Hopefully whoever reads this review will not make the same mistake I did.

arlettio
10/3/13

it's the worst!!!!!!!! Horrible customer service and they took 2 weeks to process an order for a camera, plus 10 days for shipping! Try to cancel my order and they charge 10% of the value for cancelling, even tho is their fault... Do I need to say more?

hankh11
9/30/13

Placed order at the end of April 2013, cancelled order at the end of May 2013. I was promised a full refund and now it is October 2013 and the refund is still pending.

I get a new story every time I call and today I have been placed on terminal hold each time I have called.

What more can be said???

michaelf68
9/17/13

Horrible customer service (not reachable). Have not shipped my order after 12 days. No feedback, no email.

beng31
9/13/13

Worst experience ever!!!!!

ordered a camera on a Friday August 16th. They called me on a Monday 19th to confirm tried to up sell. got an email that same day that my order has been processed and that it will be shipped within 48 hours.

Week later no tracking or any other info. Called 8/26 again and said that I should be getting an email that day about tracking info. no email was delivered.

Called again on Tuesday 8/27 they said that 100 emails should have gone through but not all went through it would go out that day now it's been 12 days since I put in the order. He doubled checked and said he saw that it was shipped and it showed that I would get camera on Friday 8/30. Expect email confirming tracking.

Wednesday 8/28 no email yet called again and got the worst customer experience in my life this person told me it will be two more weeks before you get your camera. I said wait a minute I been told twice that it was going to be this week and no later then friday. He said no they told you two more weeks. No they didn't. So now his calling me a lier. we went back and forth then he just hanged up on me in the middle of my sentence. plus every time I called it took over 20 minutes being on hold.... Really wish I didn't buy from this people worst experience of my life buying online....

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!

This is a follow up well that same day 8/28 I send them an email told them how disappointed I was and informed them of everything that happened got a response and told me it takes 10 to 12 days for me to receive package that for sure I would get it no later then September 5th. Ok now they are changing from their original email of 7-9 days to 10-12 days

I waited this long so I figured what's one more week.

Guess what happened September 5th came and went and no camera and because it was a holiday on Monday 9/2 they decided they where going to be closed from Wednesday to Saturday of that week.

It's now September 10 and still no camera or tracking number will have to fight now to get my money back!!!! Original order was placed August 16th now it's September 10th and still nothing from them plus they say you can't get your money back just yet!!!! until you receive camera and send it back!!!! once it's send back they have to get it and they want to charge you restocking charges what!!!! When is that next year!!!!

byronw10
9/10/13

Stay away from these people unless you are willing to risk having your money stolen or getting fleeced in some other way. I placed a $1700 order from them one year ago--a camera with extras. They sent me a recalled camera unit, a ten-dollar lens filter kit they claimed was worth $250, and omitted some important items. When I returned the package, they kept telling me my refund was on its way. A couple of months later they claimed they received no return. (I did submit a disputed charge to my bank--that failed, but not due to a lack of merit in my case. It failed because of a perfect storm of bureaucratic errors.) After going through the Better Business Bureau and then the NYC Dept. of Consumer Affairs, all I earned for my effort was knowledge of just how rotten this business is. They fabricated "information" left and right about our transaction and subsequent dealings, And they have gotten away with it. I could take them to court, but I live in California and I would have to pay for a roundtrip ticket to New York. This has been a very hard lesson. If my story can save one person from losing money like I did, at least something has been gained through my experience. (Oh, and there's a reason that Best Price Photo's current rating with the Better Business Bureau is a D and that 60 complaints have been filed against them through the BBB in the last year alone.)

maheshkumad
8/28/13

"This web site sucks, and the customer service department people are bad in response.

I ordered a SLR camera and after two weeks when i called customer service the response i got was they cannot see my order in there system and they cannot do any thing. and most important thing is the people in customer service just hung up the call on our face.

This is the worst shopping experience i have ever. don't but any thing fro this site."

patriced1
8/27/13

I ordered a camera on July 30, 2013 and it was supposed to be shipped within 48 hours and I was to receive it in 7-9 business days. I got a call back saying they needed to confirm that it was me using the payment method and they talked me into an upgrade on the battery. I was told the battery with it would only last 20 minutes. I agreed and found out after the order that this is a lie the battery that comes packaged with the camera is the battery that suppose to come with the camera and last for 3-4 hours. My husband called them on Sunday August 11, 2013 and was told we would receive the camera by Thursday or Friday of that week and that didn't happen. I gave them more than the quoted shipping time and I emailed them to find out what the problem was and I was told I requested the free shipping and it would take 9-12 business days. After deciding I wasn't going to get my camera I sent them an email on August 19th and requested a cancellation of my order. I got four phone calls from them with the number blocked that I didn't answer. I was sent an email telling me that my order had been shipped and it would be there by August 22nd or 23rd. I replied to the email and told them that if I didn't get a tracking number that day to continue with the cancellation. I received a tracking number within 4 hours and it was on its way. I received the camera on Wednesday August 21, 2013. To my surprise it was the camera I ordered and I was able to register it with the manufacturer and even got the paper work for the extended warranty. I suggest that anyone dealing with this company use a reputable credit card so charges can be reversed and correspond by emails so you have written proof of what you are being told. They can tell you anything over the phone and you have nothing to back it up. I won't need to use this advice myself I learned a lesson and will research a company before I submit an order the next time and will not use this company ever again.

nikolam13
8/14/13

Ordered a camcorder on July 6th and confirmed my order after a few days by calling them. I have been told my order wil be shipped within 48-72 hours and I should receive my order in 7-9 business days. I called them end of July and they told they were out of stock on the camcorder I have ordered and new batch of goods from the manufacturer just delivered to their warehose. They promiced to ship my order on same day and send me e-mail confirmation. The ydid not ship my order nor send me confirmation as they promiced, I called them next days and I had to cancell my order on August 6th. I have been tol my money will be refunded back to my bank account within the 5 business days. Today is August 14th and I am not received my money back, I am going to call them again.
BTW, the next day I made my order with them my personal data was stolen and fraud credit account opened. Thanks to HP.com who does not send orders to the given address but to your credit card registration address.
STAY AWAY!

nancyj12
8/11/13

I ordered a camera a month ago. Cancelled within hours of being told it only came with a demo battery, being pressured to buy extra batteries, having the card charged more than I agreed to, being treated rudely, not getting an invoice. Just got the refund a few days ago (one month to the day-I had deferred my comments until that process was complete as it involved filing a dispute with my CC company). The first post cancellation contact I had with the company was being called after I posted a negative review on another site.

lisad33
8/7/13

Avascottydiego
BestPricePhoto.com
1/5 posted Aug-07-2013
"I am on the phone on hold for the fifth time today! No FedEx tracking numer and shipment was to be sent weeks ago. Rude, unhelpful customer service. Never again! I am canceling my order through my credit card company. If you order thru them, expect a delay in shipping until they reach you by phone in an attempt to sell you all sorts of extras before they will send your order. Check out the complaints with the Better Business Bureau before you use them. The WORST ever!"

danielc46
7/17/13

Do not buy from this company, bait and switch!

They advertised the lowest price but did not ship. The called me and told me I ordered the wrong SD card and I needed an extra battery for videos the price jumped $140, When I researched the SD card and battery I found they could be purchased for less than $30. If I had gone to best buy I would have saved $50 after sales tax. Even after the bait and switch they took over 5 weeks to deliver This company sucks.

joes388
7/5/13

Dude and dudettes: they rock, they sent my camera and lens bundle to me within 48 hours after placing the order and had everything perfect. could not have asked for better service than i received. they sound like new yorkers but they act like gentlemen, A+++

chadh19
6/26/13

Ordered a camera and a week later I got an email saying that I needed to call them to verify some info before the order could be processed further. When I called, they said I could ignore the email, because they weren't showing any problem. Waited another week before calling them wondering why I hadn't received my camera yet. Was told that they "oversold" my camera model and would have to wait for a new shipment that they HOPED would come in the next few weeks. I requested a cancellation and was told that I would receive a cancellation confirmation email, but never did. I called back a few days later to specifically request a cancellation email...and STILL never got one. Don't get suckered in by their lower prices like I did. Just save yourself the headache and buy elsewhere.

mm66
6/18/13

Upsell scam, sell extended life battery and warranty that do not exist. They never invoice, just sell as package deal. It is a scam. Do not buy.

pennys4
6/13/13

I placed an order with this company because their prices were the best I found. They called me up a day later to confirm my address and then told me the camera only came with a 30 min battery and wanted to upgrade the battery and charge me an additional $100. I cancelled the order but they charged my credit card anyway. I called them back several times but they were hard to reach and when I did finally get through to them they confirmed the order was cancelled and hung up before I could even tell them to reverse the charge on my credit card. I had to call the credit card company to dispute the charge. Stay away from this company

karah2
6/13/13

I placed an order with them online and the next day I received a call asking to confirm my order because it was over $500. At first I didn't think anything of this, just thought it was an additional fraud protection the credit card had started to require. Then, they started to recommend all of these additional items that I needed in order for my camera (Nikon D5100) to work, including a battery and upgraded memory card that they were going to give me at a discount off the close to $200 price he quoted me. Luckily, I needed to consult my husband before adding so much extra to my order and I said I would call them back shortly. I was informed that I probably had about 20 minutes before they sold out.

In the interim, I checked the price of the memory card ($15 - $30 on amazon) and the battery he said cost $129 ($35 on amazon) so there goes all my savings for going with them. Plus, I was told all cameras come with a battery by several sources and even their website says the camera body only comes with the battery. When I called them back with some additional questions about that the salesman got very rude and short with me and said their special 17 piece kit is made by them and doesn't come with the battery, which means to me they take apart the box from Nikon and take out the battery and then try to sell it to you separately for a hugely inflated price. When I hung up with them after canceling my order I checked this site and promptly called my bank to cancel my card for fear they might charge it. I then called B& H and spoke to a very helpful salesman who I had complete trust in and am placing an order with them, and I'm not spending any more then I would have in the end with them. I feel I dodged a bullet.

charlesj14
6/11/13

"Updated my Review thanks to Roger's Recovery and extra effort to get my daughter's camera shipped via express."

alans44
6/6/13

I agree with all the other negative reviews out there. I had a terrible experience when trying to order a camera from this site, and when I tried to ask for a refund of my money back, and told me that the only way I could get my credit card refunded was if I lied and gave them a 5 star review on the website www.resellerratings.com.

Every single positive review on that site is most likely a lie from someone who was told that the only way for them to get their money back was to post a positive review. Stay away from this company.

troyz3
5/22/13

This review from yesterday while on hold with Bestpricephoto.com people. Bottom line: STAY AWAY. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE. NOT TRUSTWORTHY BUSINESS.

I ordered a Nikon D5100 ONE MONTH AGO and still have not received it. I have called multiple times--the recorded answer all last week said they were closed, call back during business hours (I was calling at midday). I am CURRENTLY on hold as I write this and have been waiting on hold for 13 minutes thus far. I am extremely frustrated and getting nowhere with these jerks. I do NOT recommend using them for online purchases.

Update: After being on hold for over 15 min, I spoke with "Frank". First, and most importantly, he said my camera HAS NOT EVEN SHIPPED . He then said he needed to transfer me despite my request that he try and take care of the matter. I have now been on hold an additional 10 minutes. Like I said, BEWARE--the reviews are true.

Update #2: I just got off the phone after speaking with someone else. Confirmed--CAMERA NEVER SHIPPED. I cancelled my order and doubt I would ever have received it. Oh, and by the way, I did receive a call from them a few days after my initial order trying to upsell me on a "longer battery life". Terrible. They assured my that my card would not be charged--it hasn't thus far--but I will be watching my bank statements closely because I would not put it past these people.

Next day follow up: BestPricePhoto.com is now claiming that my review is not valid because I did not end up purchasing from them. That is right--I cancelled my order because ONE MONTH had passed since the time I ordered my camera and it hadn't even shipped yet. What would you do? "

matte194
5/21/13

The worst experience i ever had among all my online purchases.After waiting for 10 days of my order for a T3i Camera,they said they are waiting for stock and without my permission they cancelled the order.The guy over their customer helpdesk making mockery of me and talking as if they are giving the product to me for free of cost by doing some favor.
I could see a similar site named primotronix.com where the price and the stuff selling are the same.
The pricing of these websites is really good which attract people but dont fell into it as i really feel they are not selling the original product with more than $100 dollar lesser than any regular online stores.

toma286
5/7/13

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE they are scam artists. I purchased a camcorder from them and they kept telling me that it was back ordered for over a month. Then they told me that they really didn't have it and never had it. These people are the worst - BUYER BEWARE

alexandraz
5/6/13

Yes, all the negative reviews are true! I received my item quickly, but it did not work! So, after sending a mean e-mail to them, a representative called me and promised a FedEx label...which I didn't receive until 5 days later, when I called back to follow up with it...When I tried to download the PDF of the label in my e-mail, it was a virus that luckily my computer detected and deleted! So I called their stupid customer service again and got very rudely greeted and transferred about 6 times before I was hung up on! So I disputed the charge on my credit card and sent the customer service a mean e-mail with no returned phone call. SHUT DOWN THIS COMPANY!!!!

malgorzatat
5/4/13

I ordered a camera two weeks ago from BestPricePhoto, got a confirmation e-mail that said they usually ship within 72 hours, and then nothing for two weeks. My credit card was not charged so I called them asking what happened to my order. The customer rep was unbelievably rude, I've never encounter anything like that, he did not offer any greatings, interrupted what I was saying, shouted at me, I just could not go through. Finally I found out that they did not have my camera in stock and it is on back order. More shouting when I asked why wasn't I notified. I cancelled the order and hopefully my credit card will not be charged, but I will never deal with them again.

dans62
5/2/13

This has been very bad shopping experience. I ordered a camera through them on April 24, except for an\ confirmation email about my order, there is no update about shipping or credit card charge. Their website only shows the order is in progress. Till today (May 2nd) , I made my second phone call asking about where is the merchandise? The guy says it will be shipped out tomorrow. The customer service was rushy and unclear, apparently they do not care the customer's need because there is things they are hiding. Will never shop with them.

mehub
5/1/13

Very much disappointed with the service they have, ordered one camera before 7 days and after following up for shipping details. Customer service told me the product is outof stock and will deliver after 2-3 weeks. I am going out of town after 2 weeks. So had to cancel my order. And they dont even appologies for their mistake.. I wish I could give negative rating for this site.

bewareofbppr
4/29/13

Anyone in the Atlanta area affected? Please contact me via email: artraged@gmail.com ...Looking to pursue this matter legally via small claims court, the more, the better.

-------------------------------------------
BEWARE OF THIS BAIT & SWITCH SCAM WEBSITE!
Want to know more about Best Price Photo? Google Search: "Best Price Photo Scam"

My Story:
I had to file a claim to my bank account for 1,008.98 in UNSHIPPED items.

My total order (placed on Sept 04) was for:
1 Canon EOS 5D Mark II
1 Canon Speedlite 580EX II, shoe mount flash
1 Canon BG-E6 Vertical Battery Holder Grip f/EOS 5D Mark II
1 5 year Ditigal Camera Warranty Up to $3000 PLATINUM
1 Extended Life LPE6 Lithium Ion Battery w/3 year replacement warranty 5hr
1 Deluxe Hard Diffuser for Canon 580 EX
TOTAL: $3,399.99

This company took forever to ship out items. Made excuses one after another.

They left this out of the FedEX box (BOX HAD NO EVIDENCE OF BEING TAMPERED WITH):
1 Canon Speedlite 580EX II, shoe mount flash
1 Deluxe Hard Diffuser for Canon 580 EX
1 5 year Ditigal Camera Warranty Up to $3000 PLATINUM

A total value of: $1,008.98

After placing a claim with my Bank account, they only refunded the Canon Speedlight + Deluxe Hard Diffuse totalling $508.99

They rebutted the Warranty, and the bank said they made this claim: "The merchant provided policy that was agreed to by you in terms of this charge." Which no such thing has been provided to Best Price Photo. My bank is currently sending this "policy" so that I may have it on file as now my claims just doesn't end at the bank.

Hopefully Best Price Photo, in their very best interest, will contact me IMMEDIATELY via the email they have on file for me after this has been posted, and refund the rest of my order that they never sent out. I will retract this statement, and destroy all documents regarding this matter.

I will not post on any other reviews site, and BestPricePhoto and I can part ways.

robertr56
4/29/13

Ordered a Nikon Coolpix online. A day later a guy calls trying to get me to buy all kinds of accessories. Lied about that they were original Nikon brand, the camera was opened and missing parts and defective. Called Nikon and they recommended sending it back and that they are NOT a Nikon dealer (another lie). They refused to issue an RMA as customer service (does not exist) is a scam . Put in dispute with credit card company. STAY FAR AWAY!!!

davex1
4/25/13

I ordered a camera from bestpricephoto.com a week ago and did not receive what I originally ordered. I should have known there was something up with my order when a sales representative called to confirm my order. He told me that for anything over 500 they required a confirmation call. Which I thought was awkward? But that was fine with me because I thought that it was a regular security practice. After reading Jennifer's post I figured out what they were doing. BAIT & SWITCH! Wish I could have came through this site before I purchased anything.

However, this is what happened during the call, he said I ordered an extra battery for the camera online and he told me he would upgrade me to the next package with the better longer lasting battery that way I wouldn't need to buy another battery. Which I agreed upon because I thought they had a better battery for the camera I wanted.

Eventually he sold me a different package with other accessories and neglected to tell me that they had already discontinued the brand of camera that I originally ordered, the Sony HX30v. If you look on their website, the camera is still there and available. No sign of whatsoever that the camera (HX30v) is no longer being sold. It even says "available" when you click on it with various packages. I didn’t learn that it was discontinued until I called back to them and talked with one of their sales reps. By that time it was too late, and now I'm past the 7-day money back guarantee.

By the time I got the camera it was for an HX200v. A much bulkier and heavier bridge camera, not the point and shoot HX30v. The only two things that it has that is better than the HX30v, is the 30x zoom lens and longer battery life. It was not what I wanted but for now I am just keeping it because I don’t want to be without a camera and money from this awful website retailer.

BEWARE OF BESTPRICEPHOTO.COM DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. THEY ARE CON ARTISTS!

monicam12
4/22/13

Oh no help! I ordered a camera on 4/10/13, said it was in stock, they call me back tell me it out of stock then sell me the better version(which I wanted but website said was out of stock), so I paid for the upgrade but I'm still waiting for my camera ans I paid for 3 day shipping! I hope this site isn't some sort of scam!

susane13
4/15/13

There's a reason why you can't read comments on their web site before making a purchase. I wish I had researched this horrible company before I ordered a camera. Every negative comment is true and I am hoping that I don't get charged for anything after I just canceled my order. My in box is FULL of spam since I ordered, and I am getting international telemarketing calls since I cancelled. Print out the sale price and bring it to Fry's where they match on line prices. NOTHING BUT LIES AND LIARS!!

wades10
4/11/13

VERY DISAPPOINTED! My order is in dispute, so I'll have to update this review later. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE DISAPPOINTMENT AND THE ADDED STRESS IN YOUR LIFE! My credit card was used to make a $2000.00 purchase after ordering from them TOO! I cannot believe there are no laws against companies like this!

anilk8
4/3/13

Worst customer service. I need to wait 20-30 min to talk to their representative. I ordered canon EOS 60D through their website. I called them every week.They never shipped to me. I waited for almost 50 days. I dont have patience to wait longer than this. Today i cancelled the order. I will never buy any product from them even if they offer me free. Worst experience. Please stay away from their website. Don't know why they put false deals in their website. I am wondering they do some misuse my credit card information.

johnc157
4/2/13

Read the other reviews and beware. I ordered a camera 2 weeks ago, I cannot get any email back from them. As well, call the phone number and they are always closed during their normal business hours. You do not want to do business with this company.

jenniferk15
3/29/13

I ended up not buying a camera here as I felt it was very bait/switch. I placed a web order for the new Nikon 7100. The next day I received a series of calls and emails in order to process my order. Upon speaking to them - I was up-sold a memory card (for $150), a battery (for $150) and then the US version vs the International version (again for $150)
Upon the third attempt to upgrade me - I said I felt like I was being bait/switched and said I wanted to cancel my order. Thankfully it was canceled without any hassle.
After this experience - I went right over to amazon.com and bought the camera with the comfort of knowing that this was not going to happen. This is the LAST time I try a no-name retailer. Felt very scammy!

prafashk
3/19/13

Biggest mistake I made is I placed order from them before reading some reviews. I placed order for Canon EOS Rebel T3i Digital Camera W/EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens and found that price is ~50$ less than what amazon offered. I got one email confirming the order, then nothing. I called them and they said your order is shipping tomorrow. I was waiting for their shipping notice, but nothing called again after 5 days now the gentleman said that "Your camera is not available now and it may come in two weeks". C'Mon placed order and waited for a week... damn another two weeks ??? Still any guarantee that the item will be shipped ??? If you don't have an item in stock and why you put this on sale in your site ??? I'm bit worried if they are trying to just get the credit card info, rather than selling anything at all ???

DANGEROUS ... Never place an order from them ....

georger24
3/13/13

Letting these people have your credit card info could be as big a mistake as you'll ever make. Unscrupulous doesn't begin to cover it. In addition to my camera, a Nikon D7000, I ordered buy-one-get-one-free items. They weren't in the shipment. Then I discovered that they'd double charged me for the order. Major money. A bad review placed elsewhere prompted a call from them promising to ship the missing items and assuring me that their bookkeeping department would correct the erroneous charge immediately -- and would I please withdraw my review. They did NOT correct the erroneous charge and the promised items haven't been received many days later. This is far and away the most unscrupulous merchant I've ever encountered. My next moves will involve our attorney general's consumer fraud division and the Better Business Bureau and my own lawyer, too.

donalds16
3/8/13

These guys are RUDE!!!!!!!!! Placed order, no confirmation for two days, then email says order has been charged and will ship in 48hrs. 48hrs NO EMAIL, NO TRACKING.... says will get here in 7-10 days. They will try to UP SELL YOU.. said extra battery I bought wasn't good enough I needed more expensive one... Have no idea how these guys stay in business.

ravik6
2/11/13

Best price photo are useless as they don’t finally deliver the goods, says out of stock and keep saying the same after a month. Do not buy anything from www.bestpricephoto.com

stevem83
1/31/13

BPP sells gray market cameras which usually come with none of the items (manuals, chargers, etc.) that come with the retail versions and occasionally come with no US warranty. Your credit card number will inevitably be used without your authorization at another merchant as well. Stay away!

aegeand
1/27/13

I ordered a camera on Cyber Monday on 11/26 and the website said cameras will be shipped out within 24 to 48 hours.

The website lied.

Best Price Photo did not take the camera to UPS for shipping until 12/28, which was 5 weeks after my order. I didn't receive the camera until Monday 12/31, 35 days after I placed my order. In the meantime, they sent me emails on 12/14 and 12/21, both telling me the camera had been sent out, which were also lies since they didn't send out the camera until 12/28.

When I sent them an email to ask why it was taking so long to get the camera, they never replied. I have missed out on so many snorkeling and scuba diving photo ops because of Best Price Photo's delays.

I didn't know if the online website was a scam, so I was getting ready to notify my bank of a fraudulent charge.

BEWARE: BPP BRIBES people to give them 5 star reviews, so I wouldn't put much stock in the 5 star reviews. After I posted my initial review, they called my family and tried to high-pressure them to get me to change my 1 star rating to 5 stars in exchange for a memory card. I didn't change my ratings or review because 1) BPP doesn't deserve 5 stars in the way they caused a 5 week delay in my order, 2) BPP doesn't deserve 5 stars in the way they responded to my review by lying, and 3) new unsuspecting customers should know exactly what kind of unprofessional company BPP is, instead of being duped into doing business with such a sleazy company.

Save yourself the trouble. DON'T order from Best Price Photo. They are an unreliable, disreputable, sleazy company.

lucash14
1/25/13

TERRIBLE customer service. Took 6 days to ship an express order when I was told it would be 4, even thought website says 24-48 hours. RUDE employees. Charged me for overnight shipping when I asked for 2 day. Doesn't follow through with special offers. Actual charges are different that whats on the website. They try to upsell you by telling you the battery only lasts 30 minutes. NOT TRUE. THEY OFFER YOU FREE GIFTS TO LEAVE THEM 5 STAR FEEDBACK.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the BestPricePhoto staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I was a victim of a bait and switch a week ago. I ordered a camera from bestpricephoto .com and did not receive what I originally ordered. I should have known there was something up with my order when a sales representative called to confirm my order. He told me that for anything over 500 they required a confirmation call. Which I thought was awkward? But that was fine with me.

However, this is what happened, he said I ordered an extra battery for the camera online and he told me he would upgrade me to the next package with the better long lasting battery that way I wouldn't need another battery. Which I agreed upon because I thought they had a better battery for the camera I wanted.

Eventually he sold me a different package with other accessories and neglected to tell me that they already discontinued the brand of camera that I ordered. The camera was for a Sony HX30v. If you look on their website, the camera is still there and available. No sign of whatsoever that the camera (HX30v) is no longer being sold. I didn’t learn that until I called back to them and talked with one of their sales reps.

By the time I got the camera it was for an HX200v. A much bulkier and heavier bridge camera, not the point and shoot HX30v. The only two things that it has that is better than the HX30v is the 30x zoom lens and longer battery life. It was not what I wanted but for now I am just keeping it because I don’t want to be without a camera and money from this aweful website retailer.

Words of caution do NOT buy something over the internet unless you know the people! That was one tricky sales rep! Avoid bestpricephoto .com, the had some good reviews, but I read somewhere that they were a slum operation that originated out of Oregon. If you look at the address they provide it ends up at some strange location in Brooklyn, New York.

You don’t want to be involved in a bait and switch like me.
4/24/13
kevinj9
A: Why is this company BestPricePhoto still operating when they did the same thing to me 2 years ago they are scam artist and should be closed down.
6/20/12
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the BestPricePhoto staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?