US Government's NSF

307 5th Avenue - 16th Floor, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10016, USA
Tel: 1-888-579-5910
support@beenverified.com
Start searching our billions of records!
Learn More

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

joeb142

I called the beenverified.com customer service/support phone number. (in 26 reviews)

pault63

I did not notice that I had been charged on my credit card improperly for 3 months. (in 13 reviews)

edh21

If you want exact information on the one you are searching for, use a Skip Tracer / agent. (in 44 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

leannes13
9/3/15

Site is garbage. Its atleast 2 years off in information and doesn't show bankrups or criminal records I know are there. It shows some social media. I have social media and it wasn't on there.
Secondly, I paid to use the site and when I got back on it wouldn't process request and wanted me to pay again. I cancelled service with in an hour and lost the 22 bucks I paid.

angelat28
8/31/15

It was a wonderful experience and it worked really well there may be little improvements but the whole program as a whole was really great and professional and easy to use.

karinm2
8/29/15

This site helped me a lot in my current court case. I was able to locate people, and verify former addresses as well. Thanks for your service.

larryn26
8/27/15

From start to finish BeenVerified help me find and confirm a number of my high school colleagues from 58 years ago. I found the sight and services most helpful.
Thanks ... Dr. Larry L. Neal

jackw80
8/22/15

I am very impressed that this companies operations are based in New York, and answered my communication in a timely manner, with team members sincerely trying to provide a level of excellence with every communication.

Great job!

janee29
8/20/15

This is a great program, to look up a person's address, family and background. I was able to find several classmates for our class reunion using this site.

deanc30
8/19/15

I used the information on been verified for basic background check on business prospects before meeting to insure that the information they have provided is factual and accurate. This inexpensive due diligence is worth the meager cost and saves a lot of headaches or heartache in the future. my business prospects were just fine and matched their representations clearly. with the extra time my curiousity got to check my current girlfriend's verifications and i was shocked that she'd been lying to me for some time about her age. she's alot older than she looks cause there is a 5+ year disparity in the record and her claim. she doesn't know i know and still speaks as if she's been lying her whole life about it. even when directly asked "how old are you ? " . Sad and Silly. The remarklable part comes now.The customer service is the best part of this story because I had a billing concern which was ultimately resolved in a timely and professional manner. Linda did a great job, really above and beyond the expected target. it was reassuring to see a company in the membership business effectively handle a client this way, and with quick and legitmate correspondence and effectiveness. i will use again without regards to their competitors in the future. Thanks -- DC

tanyar16
8/17/15

brief background - my son was killed in May by a drunk driver. I was told that the person responsible for his death had prior run-ins with the law, and that her cases were "swept" under the rug. I went on this website based on the advertising saturation in my area, and found NOTHING. as a matter of fact, I found less than when I googled the person's name. However, been verified will make it look as though they have all sorts of information on the person you are looking for, to get their hook in you. my fault, I should have reviewed. first. DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE - you may be trying to look into someone for online dating or whatnot, however, you wont find out anything. even my son's pending case did not show up, and it has been very publicized in my area. Live and learn, I guess

davidt121
8/16/15

My friend's daughter was dating a guy thru Internet, I checked out his name via BeenVerified, sure, he has issues with law and was wanted too.
Worth the service.

philipl24
8/13/15

I signed up to use "Been Verified" on a short-term (trial) basis, as I was seeking a single piece of common information about a "long-ago" friend with whom I'd lost touch. After providing basic information that was required for the search to begin, the results which "Been Verified" found were, I felt, inadequate, considering the fee I'd just paid. I notified the company by e-mail, and on the very same day "Been V Verified" made arrangements to discontinue membership (at my request) and refund the charges. I find that to be extraordinary in this time of widespread deception, both on the web and in countless other ways. I am sincerely and surprisingly pleased with "Been Verified" 's customer service...nothing short of outstanding!

rockyc6
8/11/15

I had signed up for the 3 month service but did not realize there was an auto-renewal feature, until I discovered the charge on my acct. I was concerned that I would meet hassles to resolve this, but I was so wrong!! I emailed CS and explained the situation, they immediately responded and refunded my money!! And confirmed what they did. I was very pleasantly surprised and pleased!! I would definitely come back to them if I needed this service again. Many thanks!!!

johnd391
8/10/15

I just signed up and paid the $23. I researched myself and found that at least half of the information was either incorrect, vague or totally missing. I am mystified at all of these sterling reviews. I am going to try to cancel my subscription.

rodh21
8/9/15

I guess Been Verified is good for someone that's just trying to have fun but for some one with real concerns about a new boyfriend or guest in their home it could actually be dangerous. Out of curiosity I checked on someone in the neighborhood that I know for a fact is a convicted child molester and the info came back showing a felony but not a detail about the crime. Then I checked on the same person from a list of sex offenders in the area and he was there.
I then checked on two more people I know of being convicted felons and got no results.
If safety is important think twice about using Been Verified.

kellyd44
8/8/15

I have checked out other companies on a free trial and was unhappy. I used myself to verify accuracy. Been Verified is the only site that gave me immediate results and completely accurate. I actually found some items that should be corrected. Great service, easy cancellation. If/when I need this type of service again BeenVerified is the ONLY site I will use. Highly recommend!

warrena9
8/6/15

This is an easy to use verification service. The data provided was very accurate as I cross checked the information with other services and information. Been Verified provided data which was helpful to my business,

Best of all the company is easy to deal with and provides great customer service. When the service was no longer needed for a period of time, they canceled the service within hours of my email. This was done by an actual person not an automated line.

dennisd33
8/4/15

The report on me is 50% inaccurate. Appears a mix of information about me and other people who have lived in the same states and share part of my name. No excuse for such inept. Save your money. You won't be able to trust anything they say about strangers.

lisad95
8/3/15

I had to find information fast for a personal issue. BeenVerified helped me get the information I needed all in one place.

johng215
8/3/15

They provide very good information and service.

kathrynh13
8/1/15

Well designed site. Excellent info. Highly recommend.

chrisb192
7/26/15

I needed to make sure that I did not have a warrant against me because I had to go to court. I checked on BeenVerified and it showed no warrant. When I went to court I had no issues. It felt good to go to court with the confidence that there was no warrant for my arrest.

jessiew16
7/25/15

I highly recommend Beenverified.com, for all of anyones needs to locate, or find out about some one they may be hunting or wondering about. These people go
the extra mile for you in their efforts to help! Their web-site is very user friendly and easy to use and understand. So, please check them out.

rajp10
7/24/15

Have you got your problem resolved within ONE minute after reporting?

It happened to me. I was pleasure surprise when Beenverified support staff - Linda - emailed with a resolution before I even look at my next email after writing them an email with erroneous charges were happening on my card after service was cancelled in Feb.
I was at little fault also for not checking my credit card statements regularly and I expected many back and fourth before eating my refund. Instead, literally within a minute I was informed that my card will be credited for three months!!!
I just became a life time customer for Beenverified.com. Keep up the good work!

krissyl
7/23/15

This site is very useful in so many ways and customer service is incredibly nice and quick to answer any questions I had. Will recommend and be back for future report purchases.

jenniferr88
7/23/15

I used Beenverified.com to process a couple of requests. The site is super easy to use and understand. Customer service is top notch and very professional. If you need a trustworthy site to process information and/or reports for various reasons, please give Beenverified.com a try. You won't regret it!

sharonk37
7/20/15

I signed up to reconnect with someone. The ONLY information I got was what I already knew and is readily available by searching the person's name. The full report had NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER on ANY CATEGORY OTHER then the address, which I already knew. No relatives, no phone number, no anything at all. I asked for a refund less than one hour after paying and hope they give me the refund.

katyj3
7/20/15

Used BeenVerified site to look up classmates for our 50th high school reunion. We had 1000 classmates. It was a big project but Been Verified really helped. Our next big reunion we will use it again!!

stevena35
7/18/15

I signed up to see what all was on my record to fix a potential mistake and zero criminal records were returned not even any traffic tickets. What a waste of my time and money.

charlesk37
7/18/15

I have seen this company "ad" many times on Yahoo. I was reluctant to 'click' because many of these advertisers 'suck you in' and make your life miserable, trying to STOP their service, once you subscribe. That was not the case with 'beenverified', I think. I will reserve FINAL judgement until my subscription would have 'self renewed'.. We will see ...

bobm135
7/17/15

Don't be fooled. If you really want a background check performed go to a credible firm. This company's data quality is flat out garbage. They don't verify or update the data they collect, and this will put any legitimate person or business at risk of litigation for any adverse action taken on the basis of this crappy website.

ronr34
7/17/15

BeenVerified.com are People of Their Word! Most admirable in this day and age! Reliable Service and Sincere Customer Care are the names of the game and this site is in first place in the league of both goals! Prompt response and reply to requests. I commend the personnel at BeenVerified.

kimberlym49
7/13/15

I contacted Been Verified to cancel my account. Within less than 24 hours Linda, no last name stated, sent me back an e-mail stating that my account would indeed be cancelled and removed from my credit card within 2 to 3 days. I checked my card the next day and it was already taken care of. I wish there were more people like Ms. Linda in the workforce. She did her job and did it well. If I ever need to open an account of this type again, I will definatley use Been Verified just because of this helpful lady.

pault63
7/11/15

I had a problem with BeenVerified billing. I did not notice that I had been charged on my credit card improperly for 3 months. When I discovered this I sent the company an email explaining what happened and asked for a refund. In less then 48 hrs. it was fixed and the charges reversed. What a breath of fresh air. I expected all sorts of hassles.

lynl5
7/4/15

I wanted to comment on the excellent service Richelle provided me when I called this afternoon to cancel my service. She was extremely prompt and courteous in identifying my membership and cancelling my account. I had used the service once back in April 2015 and was very pleased with the service provided. However I did not know that I was signing up for a monthly service that I did not need or require.

I was ready for a battle, however Richelle immediately diffused the situation and we came to an agreeable resolution. I appreciate the trust you put in your employees to take charge and make decisions.

I will be happy to use your service in the future should I find the need.

debb637
7/2/15

BeenVerified is easy to use and full of useful information. Easy to sign up, easy to cancel. Not expensive for all the info you can get. Customer service is excellent!

lisal106
6/27/15

This company has friendly, helpful employees who go out of their way to help you with any question or trouble you have. Quality, Excellence and Professional!
I would highly recommend Been Verified to my collegues.

rebeccab47
6/21/15

I had joined Been Verified for the $1 trial period to see if I could find records on a person to keep my family safe. Number one is when I clicked on criminal records none were found, but if I go to my county's website and search public records they did have a criminal record. Number two, my 5 day trial period ended without any notification that I should end the account to make sure I was not charged $25.47. As of today I checked my bank statement and noticed they charged me $25.47 for not terminating my account. So I called Customer Service to talk to them about why they charged me. Well according to the very rude customer service rep I did not opt out of the trial period, which is true I didn't, but I never recieved notification that it was ending. The customer service rep was very rude about that I should have read this and that. And we charge the account when trial service is ended. As I continued to talk to him he talked over me not even listening to a word I had to say. That is very rude and I do not expect that from customer service. The only option he gave me was to terminate my account. I was not refunded the $25.47 and did not get offered to speak to a manager. I warn you do not use this site.

bernards25
6/19/15

I called eaier today to request information about my account, and to my surprise I was helped very well by Melissa who was prompt, effective and very professional. I commend both her, and the person(s) who hired and trained her. Melissa was a god hire, was well trained, and is therefore an asset to Been Verified.
Thank you!

lynnw32
6/6/15

I was pleased with the information that I found on my search for one person, no other information was found on two others that I searched for. My frustration is, that I opted out and payment was still taken from my bank account. I am wondering if I should have a new card issued so this doesn't happen again. I was charged 4/17/15 then again on 5/18. I opted out way before 5/18 via e-mail and was still charged. BEST WAY TO OPT OUT IS VIA PHONE. I WAS REFUNDED THE SECOND CHARGE!

fredh45
6/2/15

I was very pleased and impressed with the site.
The information was very complete. Much more so than other sites I have tried.
The Customer Service was outstanding and very prompt.
I would definitely recommend their service to anyone needing it.

georgef34
5/18/15

Very fast to respond to an inquiry and make a refund

stevenc71
5/18/15

I am grateful for the help your Site provided to my family last month in locating my Mom's Maid of Honor from her marriage in 1952. You helped her connect with someone important in her life from so long ago, before my Mom passed away last week. Difficult times for us still living, but Mom had the chance to meet her best friend from back in the day before leaving us in Peace. Special thanks to Timothy in your customer care department who provided exceptional service. Thanks again.

edh21
5/8/15

Their costs to be exact can be $250.00 or more, per person, depending what you are looking for.
BeenVerified (for the cost) is the best bang for the money spent.
I work as a Real Estate Broker for the US Bankruptcy Court and its only one tool of many that I use.
Is it accurate? No... but accurate enough to find / locate / history of someone to go to the next step.. Real searches cost allot more money, and it does not make sense to spend that money when we are doing a preliminary..searches.
From what I read you want the the expensive searches for no money.
Basically your dreaming.
I use BeenVerified, county record searches, MLS Data Bases and a couple of others when I see or think there might be something there.
Is it accurate? Over the past 2 + years I have subscribed I have made more than $100,000.00 because of BeenVerified, actually its allot more than that... One tool of the many I use..
Worth every penny...this company is a worth every penny they charge
Ed

loriannew
4/27/15

Initially a criminal records search did not show a criminal case which was pending appeal in a higher court, however Carla at BeenVerified support persisted and checked the database daily until the case file was returned to the court. I can not thank her enough. I would highly recommend this service to others!

shawndrar
4/20/15

I only needed the service for one month. I was automatically charged the next month. I called customer service and Geneva was kind, fast, and efficient. She refunded my money and cancelled my subscription. It was so easy! Thank you Geneva!

elainej12
4/18/15

I received excellent customer service from Tovel this morning. He was courteous, efficient, helpful and cheerful. He is an example of the customer service personnel who make doing business with this company a pleasure.
Thank-you,
member # 510527896

markr113
4/13/15

On your end, it took a little bit of work. However, Carla liaised with your Data Team, kept me up-to-date via email and ultimately completed the task. Carla ensured I was in the loop until it was completed to my satisfaction and I think she did an excellent job, (excellent customer service skills and operational knowledge level). Thanks again!
Mark Ryan

jimc101
4/12/15

I want to see that management is aware that it has an employee whom they should appreciate/value immensely.

(As a side note: I refuse to jump through all the needless security hoops. Based on my experience with this hassle, I'll never come back on your site again.)

rayb47
4/12/15

I enrolled in your service to search for information about an old acquaintance. It really was not helpful and I canceled the account on the same day. I had a lot of trouble with the automated cancelation and I guess I overreacted by complaining to BBB. I was contacted by Carla, who assured me that that the account had indeed been canceled. She was very gracious and she even gave me a refund, which I did not expect. She is truly an asset to your company. You should have her cloned !

joeb142
4/7/15

I called the beenverified.com customer service/support phone number. I was greeted on the phone by Timothy who was incredibly supportive and very courteous to me. I let him know that I was a paralyzed veteran living on a very tight budget with only a fixed income to work with and that I was calling to cancel my subscription to the beenverified.com service. I let him know that my cancellation wasn't due to any dissatisfaction with the service, it was simply a matter of my being capable of paying the fee due to my limited income. I also shared with him my story of using the beenverified.com service to be able to locate and make contact with my biological parents after I was put up for adoption almost 50 years ago right after birth. I told Timothy that I had attempted to use other means to locate them after my adoptive parents had passed away, as I had promised them to wait to find my biological parents after they had both died. My adoptive mother, or simply my mom since she chose me to adopt shortly after I was born, had passed away after my adoptive father had died in 1997. I started to think about finding my biological parents about 10 years ago, but didn't really make much of an effort to do so until my primary care doctor at the Seattle V.A. had asked if I knew of anything about biological parents because as she noticed I was getting close to 50, she felt it would be helpful to know of any hereditary health concerns that may have been passed down to me. It was about the first week in March when I made a genuine inquiry to locate my biological parents. I had watched two tv talk shows which had successful stories of adoptees finding their biological parents without knowing anything about them. The TV shows I watched both posted phone numbers of those who had tracked down the biological parents of many people seeking to find their biological parents and I called each of the phone numbers that were posted at the end of each show. I soon found out after my first call that they were offices of attorneys with private investigators used to try to locate and make sure the information was accurate and even promised to provide a means to contact the biological parents to their clients. Well, there was one small detail that I wasn't informed of until the end of my conversations with both offices that had been very successful in this process, that small, or actually large detail was the cost of their services, which one office quoted me a $400.00 fee, with installment payments that could be made if needed. I called the second office and received a quote of $600.00 and of course the option of paying in installments. I discovered that I wasn't in any financial position to afford these "professionals," to locate my biological parents. I then started to contact the Oregon State bureau of vital statistics and they let me know they could mail me a certified copy of my "pre-adoption birth certificate," if I answered several questions that only I would know the answers to and a $20.00 money order to send into their office. A short time later, around February I received my certified copy of my "pre-adoption birth certificate," which identified the names of both of my biological parents and knew the next step in finding them would require some sort of "pertinent information," of some relevance to their names to locate where or if they lived somewhere close to my birthplace. So, this is when on or about March 6th or 7th I signed up with beenverified.com and was actually able to find both of them and they were both still alive. WOW! I had the phone number and address of my biological father that I used to make the first call to my biological father and he told me that I had an older sister and older brother and called my sister to get my biological mother's phone number as he indicated they had divorced shortly after I was born. So, the bottom line is that without your service I would probably be a very frustrated paralyzed veteran without the financial means to get the information needed to locate my biological parents, and I don't think I would have enjoyed a very emotional conversation with my biological mother who had last seen me after giving birth to me and placing me up for adoption almost 50 years ago. I can only say THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP! It was indeed a positive experience that I will never forget. Thanks for everything, including being kind enough to extend my beenverified.com services for free until 6/7/15. Keep up the good work, you never know if you may have done this for others and perhaps weren't even aware of how valuable your service has been. A very happy customer with a one in a lifetime experience that has meant more than words could describe!

charlesw52
4/5/15

We found this to be an exceptional resource for searching for available public data. I was even surprised it understood so much of my own background!!! They had data of old addresses i had completely forgotten about!!

23 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the BeenVerified staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I was attempting to look for Divorce records on Shery L MCright Renteria
Answer
carlas14
A: Hi Gregory,
Thanks for reaching out. At this time, BeenVerified does not provide marriage or divorce records, so this is not something that would be included in the report. We would love to be able to offer this information in the future, and are constantly researching to locate a reliable source of accurate and current marriage and divorce data, to integrate into our reports. The problem is most sources are very inconsistent. We're constantly updating and expanding our database and our service to provide the most accurate and current information we possibly can.

If you have other questions, the best way to receive support is to contact BeenVerified customer service at 888-579-5910 or support@beenverified.com.

Best,
Carla
BeenVerified Customer Care
4/13/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: I'm in London, in the UK and I'm trying to trace a relative after which I will no longer require the service. Does your fee cover multiple searches of a name until, I find the correct name, or do I have to pay for each name search. Is it a simple process to then cancel my subscription. Can I pay by PayPal?
4/24/15
Answer
carlas14
A: Hi Carol,
We appreciate your interest in BeenVerified, however we wouldn't be the right site for you. At this time, we don't offer access to our site to customers located outside the U.S., so you would not be able to create an account. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Best,
Carla
BeenVerified Customer Care
4/27/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the BeenVerified staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
BeenVerified?