US Government's NSF

307 5th Avenue - 16th Floor, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10016, USA
Tel: 1-888-579-5910
support@beenverified.com
Start searching our billions of records!
Learn More

People interested in BeenVerified are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

joeb142

I called the beenverified.com customer service/support phone number. (in 23 reviews)

pault63

I did not notice that I had been charged on my credit card improperly for 3 months. (in 13 reviews)

edh21

If you want exact information on the one you are searching for, use a Skip Tracer / agent. (in 35 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

chrisb192
7/26/15

I needed to make sure that I did not have a warrant against me because I had to go to court. I checked on BeenVerified and it showed no warrant. When I went to court I had no issues. It felt good to go to court with the confidence that there was no warrant for my arrest.

jessiew16
7/25/15

I highly recommend Beenverified.com, for all of anyones needs to locate, or find out about some one they may be hunting or wondering about. These people go
the extra mile for you in their efforts to help! Their web-site is very user friendly and easy to use and understand. So, please check them out.

rajp10
7/24/15

Have you got your problem resolved within ONE minute after reporting?

It happened to me. I was pleasure surprise when Beenverified support staff - Linda - emailed with a resolution before I even look at my next email after writing them an email with erroneous charges were happening on my card after service was cancelled in Feb.
I was at little fault also for not checking my credit card statements regularly and I expected many back and fourth before eating my refund. Instead, literally within a minute I was informed that my card will be credited for three months!!!
I just became a life time customer for Beenverified.com. Keep up the good work!

krissyl
7/23/15

This site is very useful in so many ways and customer service is incredibly nice and quick to answer any questions I had. Will recommend and be back for future report purchases.

jenniferr88
7/23/15

I used Beenverified.com to process a couple of requests. The site is super easy to use and understand. Customer service is top notch and very professional. If you need a trustworthy site to process information and/or reports for various reasons, please give Beenverified.com a try. You won't regret it!

sharonk37
7/20/15

I signed up to reconnect with someone. The ONLY information I got was what I already knew and is readily available by searching the person's name. The full report had NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER on ANY CATEGORY OTHER then the address, which I already knew. No relatives, no phone number, no anything at all. I asked for a refund less than one hour after paying and hope they give me the refund.

katyj3
7/20/15

Used BeenVerified site to look up classmates for our 50th high school reunion. We had 1000 classmates. It was a big project but Been Verified really helped. Our next big reunion we will use it again!!

stevena35
7/18/15

I signed up to see what all was on my record to fix a potential mistake and zero criminal records were returned not even any traffic tickets. What a waste of my time and money.

charlesk37
7/18/15

I have seen this company "ad" many times on Yahoo. I was reluctant to 'click' because many of these advertisers 'suck you in' and make your life miserable, trying to STOP their service, once you subscribe. That was not the case with 'beenverified', I think. I will reserve FINAL judgement until my subscription would have 'self renewed'.. We will see ...

bobm135
7/17/15

Don't be fooled. If you really want a background check performed go to a credible firm. This company's data quality is flat out garbage. They don't verify or update the data they collect, and this will put any legitimate person or business at risk of litigation for any adverse action taken on the basis of this crappy website.

ronr34
7/17/15

BeenVerified.com are People of Their Word! Most admirable in this day and age! Reliable Service and Sincere Customer Care are the names of the game and this site is in first place in the league of both goals! Prompt response and reply to requests. I commend the personnel at BeenVerified.

kimberlym49
7/13/15

I contacted Been Verified to cancel my account. Within less than 24 hours Linda, no last name stated, sent me back an e-mail stating that my account would indeed be cancelled and removed from my credit card within 2 to 3 days. I checked my card the next day and it was already taken care of. I wish there were more people like Ms. Linda in the workforce. She did her job and did it well. If I ever need to open an account of this type again, I will definatley use Been Verified just because of this helpful lady.

pault63
7/11/15

I had a problem with BeenVerified billing. I did not notice that I had been charged on my credit card improperly for 3 months. When I discovered this I sent the company an email explaining what happened and asked for a refund. In less then 48 hrs. it was fixed and the charges reversed. What a breath of fresh air. I expected all sorts of hassles.

lynl5
7/4/15

I wanted to comment on the excellent service Richelle provided me when I called this afternoon to cancel my service. She was extremely prompt and courteous in identifying my membership and cancelling my account. I had used the service once back in April 2015 and was very pleased with the service provided. However I did not know that I was signing up for a monthly service that I did not need or require.

I was ready for a battle, however Richelle immediately diffused the situation and we came to an agreeable resolution. I appreciate the trust you put in your employees to take charge and make decisions.

I will be happy to use your service in the future should I find the need.

debb637
7/2/15

BeenVerified is easy to use and full of useful information. Easy to sign up, easy to cancel. Not expensive for all the info you can get. Customer service is excellent!

lisal106
6/27/15

This company has friendly, helpful employees who go out of their way to help you with any question or trouble you have. Quality, Excellence and Professional!
I would highly recommend Been Verified to my collegues.

rebeccab47
6/21/15

I had joined Been Verified for the $1 trial period to see if I could find records on a person to keep my family safe. Number one is when I clicked on criminal records none were found, but if I go to my county's website and search public records they did have a criminal record. Number two, my 5 day trial period ended without any notification that I should end the account to make sure I was not charged $25.47. As of today I checked my bank statement and noticed they charged me $25.47 for not terminating my account. So I called Customer Service to talk to them about why they charged me. Well according to the very rude customer service rep I did not opt out of the trial period, which is true I didn't, but I never recieved notification that it was ending. The customer service rep was very rude about that I should have read this and that. And we charge the account when trial service is ended. As I continued to talk to him he talked over me not even listening to a word I had to say. That is very rude and I do not expect that from customer service. The only option he gave me was to terminate my account. I was not refunded the $25.47 and did not get offered to speak to a manager. I warn you do not use this site.

bernards25
6/19/15

I called eaier today to request information about my account, and to my surprise I was helped very well by Melissa who was prompt, effective and very professional. I commend both her, and the person(s) who hired and trained her. Melissa was a god hire, was well trained, and is therefore an asset to Been Verified.
Thank you!

lynnw32
6/6/15

I was pleased with the information that I found on my search for one person, no other information was found on two others that I searched for. My frustration is, that I opted out and payment was still taken from my bank account. I am wondering if I should have a new card issued so this doesn't happen again. I was charged 4/17/15 then again on 5/18. I opted out way before 5/18 via e-mail and was still charged. BEST WAY TO OPT OUT IS VIA PHONE. I WAS REFUNDED THE SECOND CHARGE!

fredh45
6/2/15

I was very pleased and impressed with the site.
The information was very complete. Much more so than other sites I have tried.
The Customer Service was outstanding and very prompt.
I would definitely recommend their service to anyone needing it.

georgef34
5/18/15

Very fast to respond to an inquiry and make a refund

stevenc71
5/18/15

I am grateful for the help your Site provided to my family last month in locating my Mom's Maid of Honor from her marriage in 1952. You helped her connect with someone important in her life from so long ago, before my Mom passed away last week. Difficult times for us still living, but Mom had the chance to meet her best friend from back in the day before leaving us in Peace. Special thanks to Timothy in your customer care department who provided exceptional service. Thanks again.

edh21
5/8/15

Their costs to be exact can be $250.00 or more, per person, depending what you are looking for.
BeenVerified (for the cost) is the best bang for the money spent.
I work as a Real Estate Broker for the US Bankruptcy Court and its only one tool of many that I use.
Is it accurate? No... but accurate enough to find / locate / history of someone to go to the next step.. Real searches cost allot more money, and it does not make sense to spend that money when we are doing a preliminary..searches.
From what I read you want the the expensive searches for no money.
Basically your dreaming.
I use BeenVerified, county record searches, MLS Data Bases and a couple of others when I see or think there might be something there.
Is it accurate? Over the past 2 + years I have subscribed I have made more than $100,000.00 because of BeenVerified, actually its allot more than that... One tool of the many I use..
Worth every penny...this company is a worth every penny they charge
Ed

loriannew
4/27/15

Initially a criminal records search did not show a criminal case which was pending appeal in a higher court, however Carla at BeenVerified support persisted and checked the database daily until the case file was returned to the court. I can not thank her enough. I would highly recommend this service to others!

shawndrar
4/20/15

I only needed the service for one month. I was automatically charged the next month. I called customer service and Geneva was kind, fast, and efficient. She refunded my money and cancelled my subscription. It was so easy! Thank you Geneva!

elainej12
4/18/15

I received excellent customer service from Tovel this morning. He was courteous, efficient, helpful and cheerful. He is an example of the customer service personnel who make doing business with this company a pleasure.
Thank-you,
member # 510527896

markr113
4/13/15

On your end, it took a little bit of work. However, Carla liaised with your Data Team, kept me up-to-date via email and ultimately completed the task. Carla ensured I was in the loop until it was completed to my satisfaction and I think she did an excellent job, (excellent customer service skills and operational knowledge level). Thanks again!
Mark Ryan

jimc101
4/12/15

I want to see that management is aware that it has an employee whom they should appreciate/value immensely.

(As a side note: I refuse to jump through all the needless security hoops. Based on my experience with this hassle, I'll never come back on your site again.)

rayb47
4/12/15

I enrolled in your service to search for information about an old acquaintance. It really was not helpful and I canceled the account on the same day. I had a lot of trouble with the automated cancelation and I guess I overreacted by complaining to BBB. I was contacted by Carla, who assured me that that the account had indeed been canceled. She was very gracious and she even gave me a refund, which I did not expect. She is truly an asset to your company. You should have her cloned !

joeb142
4/7/15

I called the beenverified.com customer service/support phone number. I was greeted on the phone by Timothy who was incredibly supportive and very courteous to me. I let him know that I was a paralyzed veteran living on a very tight budget with only a fixed income to work with and that I was calling to cancel my subscription to the beenverified.com service. I let him know that my cancellation wasn't due to any dissatisfaction with the service, it was simply a matter of my being capable of paying the fee due to my limited income. I also shared with him my story of using the beenverified.com service to be able to locate and make contact with my biological parents after I was put up for adoption almost 50 years ago right after birth. I told Timothy that I had attempted to use other means to locate them after my adoptive parents had passed away, as I had promised them to wait to find my biological parents after they had both died. My adoptive mother, or simply my mom since she chose me to adopt shortly after I was born, had passed away after my adoptive father had died in 1997. I started to think about finding my biological parents about 10 years ago, but didn't really make much of an effort to do so until my primary care doctor at the Seattle V.A. had asked if I knew of anything about biological parents because as she noticed I was getting close to 50, she felt it would be helpful to know of any hereditary health concerns that may have been passed down to me. It was about the first week in March when I made a genuine inquiry to locate my biological parents. I had watched two tv talk shows which had successful stories of adoptees finding their biological parents without knowing anything about them. The TV shows I watched both posted phone numbers of those who had tracked down the biological parents of many people seeking to find their biological parents and I called each of the phone numbers that were posted at the end of each show. I soon found out after my first call that they were offices of attorneys with private investigators used to try to locate and make sure the information was accurate and even promised to provide a means to contact the biological parents to their clients. Well, there was one small detail that I wasn't informed of until the end of my conversations with both offices that had been very successful in this process, that small, or actually large detail was the cost of their services, which one office quoted me a $400.00 fee, with installment payments that could be made if needed. I called the second office and received a quote of $600.00 and of course the option of paying in installments. I discovered that I wasn't in any financial position to afford these "professionals," to locate my biological parents. I then started to contact the Oregon State bureau of vital statistics and they let me know they could mail me a certified copy of my "pre-adoption birth certificate," if I answered several questions that only I would know the answers to and a $20.00 money order to send into their office. A short time later, around February I received my certified copy of my "pre-adoption birth certificate," which identified the names of both of my biological parents and knew the next step in finding them would require some sort of "pertinent information," of some relevance to their names to locate where or if they lived somewhere close to my birthplace. So, this is when on or about March 6th or 7th I signed up with beenverified.com and was actually able to find both of them and they were both still alive. WOW! I had the phone number and address of my biological father that I used to make the first call to my biological father and he told me that I had an older sister and older brother and called my sister to get my biological mother's phone number as he indicated they had divorced shortly after I was born. So, the bottom line is that without your service I would probably be a very frustrated paralyzed veteran without the financial means to get the information needed to locate my biological parents, and I don't think I would have enjoyed a very emotional conversation with my biological mother who had last seen me after giving birth to me and placing me up for adoption almost 50 years ago. I can only say THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP! It was indeed a positive experience that I will never forget. Thanks for everything, including being kind enough to extend my beenverified.com services for free until 6/7/15. Keep up the good work, you never know if you may have done this for others and perhaps weren't even aware of how valuable your service has been. A very happy customer with a one in a lifetime experience that has meant more than words could describe!

charlesw52
4/5/15

We found this to be an exceptional resource for searching for available public data. I was even surprised it understood so much of my own background!!! They had data of old addresses i had completely forgotten about!!

joycej7
3/29/15

I only needed the service for two months. I was able to find people by their addresses and also the real property they owned very easily. When I was almost finished, I sent an email stating 'I want to cancel my service" and immediately received a response that it was cancelled. I called the customer service number. Someone picked up and confirmed I still could use the program until the end of this month that I had paid for but would not be billed again. Good work!

ericj34
3/29/15

My customer service representative was extreme quick and efficient to work with. Although, I came to the process upset - after having canceled and still been billed - she was a pleasure to work with. Very quick responses and good feedback are excellent qualities to possess while working with an angry customer.

shirleyr25
3/28/15

Great Help With My Account : Spoke Clearly & Nicely- Also Quickly & Professionally To My Requests - He Was Ex-Special With Assisting Me & Therefore Want To Let You Know. Thanks

mjg2
3/27/15

I needed the one month subscription and no more. Typically, it takes many emails, phone calls and a lot of frustration to get through to a company and almost always results in more than one months charge. I was pleasantly surprised and very happy with the prompt and courteous service that Been Verified responded with immediately!! Thank you for making my experience smooth, effortless, and a happy one. Excellent Customer Service.

sandrat20
3/26/15

I used it to find my special needs sons father. We divorced before he was born. We parted on bad terms. He has never seen him before. Thanks to you, he is now sharing pics & conversation with him!!! He found out that his father has 4 sons & 4 daughters +him. Wow, what a surprise!!! His fathers wife died 13 yrs. ago. I knew her too. Small world,huh!!! I am 67-when it's time for me to go, at least he knew him for a while. His father is 71. I really can't thank you enough!!! God Bless you all & keep up the good work!!!!!!

lisap85
3/26/15

My entire experience was extremely helpful. Always fast, knowledgeable, professional & courteous staff. Richelle was top notch in her efforts to help with my request. I would highly recommend BeenVerified & will use it again.

mikew113
3/21/15

I needed to use this service for only a month. When it came tie to cancel my subscription, customer service was very efficient, responding to my email request almost immediately and even offered me one more background check as a gift.

sharonl33
3/16/15

Richelle was very help She answered all my questions very professionally I would call on her again if I had any other problems

troys34
3/13/15

Overall a good experience. Helpful staff,caring and honest

mariettaw
3/9/15

Your represenative was so nice and kind, very company oriented. He provided world class service. Thank him for doing a job well done.

marilynt5
3/9/15

I was looking at my and my families records. Site was easy to navigate, pretty much accurate and I found what I wanted. If I need the service again, I will definitely use Been Verified.

rdbb
3/8/15

Joined up, paid the fee and then checked on myself. They had me born in 1898, living in West Virginia (Never been there), wrong phone numbers, wrong relatives, wrong military service, tickets from places I had never been. A complete joke of a web site.

Tip for consumers: Do not bother, just do a Google search on yourself and you will get as much as this site offers.

brendanl4
3/7/15

I was interested in testing this site to see if it held up as a logical source of finding information on someone. Their site says that it uses social media as part of its research and I can attest that the information is in accurate. I keep majority of my own information extremely public with a few seconds on google you can learn everything about me in minutes. This site reports my current residence at a location that is over 12 years old. I was able to confirm it was me based on the known relatives. For a site that simply runs a search algorithm to process data anything over $3 a month is a rip off. (Netflix is $9 a month and that's something you constantly use. Netflix has to pay other companies to be able to use those movies they have to pay people to add and delete content constantly) This site has to pay for a call center, and a development team. Their costs divided among the number of users they have wouldn't be high enough to justify more then $3 a month. If they overgrew that's poor business planning it should not be reflected on the open market.

Tip for consumers: Use http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ncic , http://www.dmv.org/criminal-records.php, and when trying to find information in social media type this into google search. " Person's Name site:Facebook.com" this will search Person's name on facebook.

sams178
2/16/15

The product is pretty straight-forward, but I need to ask about an additional service the provided. I spoke to someone, I think Carla, who couldn't have been nicer to deal with.

Tip for consumers: If you have any questions, just call the service # and they're pretty helpful.

jw86
2/14/15

Cody, the Been Verified client services representive was both, professional and personable; I was so impressed with Cody's expertise and attention to client detail, that I asked to speak with and shared my sentiments with his manager. Been Verified is the "real deal", the background check product exceeded my expectations: moreover, l accomplished my goals and now, l'm at peace after confirming what I initially suspected about persons of intertest. Bottom line, do invest in this medium,
it's worth every cent spent!

please i
Sincerely,
J. Weaver - Florida

sandyw28
2/12/15

The info I've received has always been correct and helpful. The support staff is superb. Highly recommended for finding information on people!

jerryk22
2/12/15

Very professional.

susanp49
2/7/15

Carla was very helpful. She responded quickly and helped turn off the auto payments. She let me know I can still access older reports in the future, and subscribe later if I need to do more background checks.
Thank you. I appreciate good customer support. It matters.

scottl57
2/4/15

After conducting a self background check on Been Verified, I found extremely erroneous information including an arrest record that does not pertain to me and addresses where I never lived. Yet on the website it said that the information was "highly likely". After a call to their customer service number I was informed that Been Verified simply gathers information and does not verify the information collected about individuals. I replied that the name "Been Verified" seems extremely misleading - no comment from the customer service rep. It is possible and fairly simple however to opt out of their system and have your data completely removed from their database. It takes approx. 24 hours for this to occur and I highly recommend taking this step.

19 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the BeenVerified staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I was attempting to look for Divorce records on Shery L MCright Renteria
Answer
carlas14
A: Hi Gregory,
Thanks for reaching out. At this time, BeenVerified does not provide marriage or divorce records, so this is not something that would be included in the report. We would love to be able to offer this information in the future, and are constantly researching to locate a reliable source of accurate and current marriage and divorce data, to integrate into our reports. The problem is most sources are very inconsistent. We're constantly updating and expanding our database and our service to provide the most accurate and current information we possibly can.

If you have other questions, the best way to receive support is to contact BeenVerified customer service at 888-579-5910 or support@beenverified.com.

Best,
Carla
BeenVerified Customer Care
4/13/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: I'm in London, in the UK and I'm trying to trace a relative after which I will no longer require the service. Does your fee cover multiple searches of a name until, I find the correct name, or do I have to pay for each name search. Is it a simple process to then cancel my subscription. Can I pay by PayPal?
4/24/15
Answer
carlas14
A: Hi Carol,
We appreciate your interest in BeenVerified, however we wouldn't be the right site for you. At this time, we don't offer access to our site to customers located outside the U.S., so you would not be able to create an account. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Best,
Carla
BeenVerified Customer Care
4/27/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the BeenVerified staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
BeenVerified?