US Government’s NSF

307 5th Avenue - 16th Floor
New York, NY 10016, USA
Tel: 1-888-579-5910
support@beenverified.com
Start searching our billions of records!
Learn More

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

joeb142

I called the beenverified.com customer service/support phone number. (in 39 reviews)

edh21

If you want exact information on the one you are searching for, use a Skip Tracer / agent. (in 60 reviews)

pault63

I did not notice that I had been charged on my credit card improperly for 3 months. (in 13 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jll5
5/19/16

Barely any info was correct! I happen to know this because !st check was on my ex. still had me as relative and still living with me and my phone # and said nothing about his fed. prison stint, and I could go on about wrong info.. So they said I was a relative, I looked myself up, 7 catagories were wrong, contact, phone #, emails, relatives, social network, and to top it off, the picture was of the eiffel tower. do not know where that came from, never seen the picture before in my life. info was worthless. What a RIPOFF!!!!!!

stephanies129
5/10/16

I recently used BeenVerified and was very pleased with it's ease and usefulness. It helped me research some information that I needed. Thank you! I would definitely recommend to anyone needed to find out more about a person.

ashlyt2
5/6/16

If I had needed the resources that they offer longer I would be fine with the cost. With that said though I do believe they trap New comers with a trial. The customer service was one of the best I've ever dealt with.

davidj191
4/26/16

On September 25, 2015 I subscribed to been verified after comparing speed of use and quality of information with several other internet search engines. I found BeenVerified.com to be the quickest with results and to have the most valuable information for my needs. My wife and I were beginning to search for classmates for our 50th high school reunion. During past reunions we had been able to find only about 60% of our classmates even with using other search engines available at the time. This time we have located over 285 classmates out of a class of 350. I found the "Possible Relatives" section to be of particular help since I could track down children of our classmates and locate parents the had moved several times and were not in the data bases. BeenVerified.com allowed us to complete what has been a long and difficult task in a much shorter time frame with less effort and at a lower cost than in previous years. Thank you for your fine product.

David
Hoover High School Class of 1966 (Fresno, California)

indion
4/14/16

I wanna thank Been Verified, because I was able to find my mom who I haven't seen in 30 plus years. I was adoption as a baby once and I become an adult I tried everything from contacting the agency where I was place for adoption, but the agency was involved in an arson in 1997 so all my records was destroyed. Also, I find out my records from Manhattan family court had been involved in a fire as well so that was another obstacle. However, Been Verified was the key to finding my family and I would recommend you guys to anyone who's searching for a love one. Thanks a lot

catherinel18
4/11/16

Horrible Company! I went through the whole rigmarole, being led like a donkey with the carrot of promises of seeing my report NEXT, balked at paying almost thirty dollars for a report they kept telling me was the next thing I would see, and was offered a five day membership for $!..Since I still believed there must be SOME boundaries to their lies I paid the dollar, and was immediately told I must now pay the original, almost $30 fee.
These positive reviews must contain a good number of fake ones. Anyway, I will fight for the return of that dollar!

ryans127
4/4/16

I wanted to see what was out in the online world about myself and signed up. I was more than a little unsure about what to expect. I found good information and emailed support a couple of times with questions/requests. They responded quickly and professionally. I will be a customer again soon.

steveg102
4/4/16

Just signed up for one month @ $22.86 specifically to get a criminal background check, which their site clearly states is a category covered. Nothing showing, which I know is not the case on an individual with a extensive criminal history. But, for an additional fee, of course, they'll send a court runner to fetch more data. This should have been explained up front prior to signing up. I called & got the professional run around, 'maybe it was expunged', nah. So I just paid $23 to basically get an address I already had.

steveh39
4/1/16

First off, I like BeenVerified because, unlike most such sites, when you search with their tools, you get all the information that's publicly available - not a sales pitch to pay $35 for "a full report" when all you want is an address. So, after my first month, I happily went for a one-year subscription. Secondly, when I had to call their customer service to straighten out a payment issue, I got a representative who was a friendly, patient listener and promptly straightened out the (fairly complicated) problem -- the sort of customer service experience you always hope for and never really get. They're the Real Deal!

kaseyl4
3/17/16

Kasey, Mar 11, 5:00 PM:

I just canceled my account with Nick. I wanted to say thank you for making the cancellation and refund process so easy and hassle free. He was informative and kind. I honestly expected a fight and arguement when I was calling in but he completely caught me off guard with his assertiveness and understanding. Thank you again Nick for a wonderful expierence with your company! I will use your services again if I need in the future.Kasey

andrewt76
3/13/16

Good information at a fair price! PS - I forgot to un-subsccribe, and did not realize it in time. But the kind folks at BeenVerified refunded my automatic payment once I got wind of it. Thanks, guys (and girls)!

stephaniej36
3/10/16

I needed to sort a billing issue out, and the service representative I spoke with not only helped me fix the problem, but graciously refunded money to me. I'm elated. This fixed a LOT of problems with my personal banking!!

frankb97
3/8/16

First experience with this sight was difficult due to my own error. BeenVerified corrected my error speedily with total satisfaction. Thank you again to Customer Service!

jennib5
3/5/16

I really appreciate the prompt response i received regarding customer service , and the fast solutions for all my doubts, it was very helpful and the site has all the information so im very happy with my experience

brandons60
2/29/16

i just got my trial period i was wondering why i cant view any phone records or search anything ??

phillipm43
2/28/16

It didn't take a lot of time for me for locate my special friend from 17 years ago. She was very amazed that I actually found her.

sandiev2
2/25/16

I signed up for the trial, found all the info I needed, it was simple to do. I forgot to cancel the trial and saw that I was billed. Customer service was able to fix my mistake in a matter of minutes and were very kind about it

lindab206
2/19/16

I was trying to locate my brother; and received much information, found the person I was looking for and some other relatives that I hadn't seen in many years.
It is worth the investment I did for one month.

janicel18
2/18/16

I always feel a little uncomfortable when using the internet from unknown companies. That's why I want to reassure anyone thinking of giving BeenVerified a try. My information was accurate and as complete as possible.and simple to use. I only used them for one project and cancelled when completed, I asked for a refund the following month and was amazed, I got it within minutes of my request. Just a truly A+ company.

caroleb21
2/16/16

My issue with this company was handled with great professionalism, the kind you would like to have from everyone. The rapid response time was speed of light and the attitude in resolving the problem was understanding and with no condemnation of me as a customer. The refunded immediately and with no question. Customer service like you have never experienced in this day and age.

juanitau
2/12/16

I found Been Verified to be so useful and worth every cent (only $21 a month). I helped my high school 40th Reunion Committee find 350 students that they had lost track of (out of a class of 500). It took me a few days, but I had such a great time poring over records until at last I found THE person I was looking for. They give date of last confirmed address, phone numbers, emails and even all the old addresses and a map!! Especially helpful for those women who have gotten married and changed their names (many times, ha ha). Highly recommended and easy to use.

melayap
2/10/16

I paid the fee specifically to receive employment information on myself. There was nothing there. And the rest of the information on me was either missing, wrong, or incomplete. I looked up a few friends, and saw the same for them.

So I immediate wrote customer service asking for a full refund. They replied by the next day, and approved the refund.

I can't say I had the best experience with this site. But I did very much appreciate their quick and courteous customer service team.

susann139
2/7/16

I had a billing problem and sent an email to your company and was extremely
surprised at the rapid response your company gave to me. I will certainly look
forward to doing business with you again in the future. Thank you for your help
in resolving my problem.

sundrah
2/3/16

no info on married or divorced, one person had no arrest listed even though I had them arrested, no pictures of people on facebook etc... Do not renew You are not worth $10.

elizabethh93
1/28/16

This is a very condensed version of my experience.
In 1952, my husband and I married and started our life together. I was 18 and he was 21. He was one of 10 children. After 18 months, our first son was born. In the next five years and 11 months we had two more boys and one girl.
Fast forward to 1963. My husband's sister was 2 years younger than he. She had mental problems and was in and out of a mental hospital for a year or two where she met an alcoholic man 35-36 years older than she. He was also in the hospital for treatment. They married and had twin boys on September 3, 1965.
Within a year and a half, the parents got to the point they were unable to care for the twins and a foster parent couple who had been trying to help "mom and dad", called my husband and explained someone had to intervene. Guess who?
For nine months we were legal guardians of the boys and had intended to raise them.
With our four, who had just begun private schooling in 1966 and the addition of the twins, we were looking at a long time of raising and educating 6 children. That educating included at least a bachelors degree. We had always talked 16 years of schooling to our four.
We were farmers and the farm economy was not at it's best.
In conversation with an older half-sister (twins Dad's 1st marriage) who contacted us and explained she could understand the abandonment of the boys by daddy, and wanted to help us out by adopting the twins, to add to her two sons. We agreed.
The sister, who was fromoTexas, took the boys and raised them. We next heard from them when Hal graduated from high school in 1984. Contact was never made after that invitation was sent.
Until...I was going through old papers and guess what? I found the old invitation and began a search on "Beenverified." In less than 8 hours I was in conversation with Hal. Beenverified had found him, an address, a phone number, a career, a family, etc.
For the next hour I talked with Hal when I could stop crying. I had searched for these boys for all this time. How grateful I found them.
The family is planing a family reunion this summer and my prayer is that the boys will come and we can become reacquainted.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PART IN THIS REUNION. GOD DOES ANSWER PRAYER, HE SURELY ANSWERED THE ONE I HAVE PRAYED ALL THESE YEARS.

jodir12
1/27/16

I was tasked with finding over 600 classmates in a class that is planning a 40th reunion. We come from a Military town, and nobody stays put for long. It was my goal that nobody would miss the reunion because they didnt know about it. Using Been Verified, I've been able to locate almost everybody. The information was accurate, and mostly up to date. Been Verified allowed me to tackle a monumental task for a nominal fee. I couldn't have succeeded without this service!

briand83
1/26/16

The program did exactly what I was hoping for.
I needed to do research and almost everything
I needed I found with Been Verified.
Great program and it works.

connies70
1/26/16

I needed to check to make sure someone was legit. I was able to use BeenVerified to confirm my suspicions that this was a SCAM! Yea! BeenVerified really works! I would use BeenVerified again if the occasion came up again. Great product!

kristinad13
1/18/16

I only needed to look up an address to have someone served some court documents and it was so easy to navigate their site and use the service provided. I got exactly what I needed and served the other person successfully.

thomasf61
1/8/16

(Couple of hours later: in answer to a note about my experience, beenverified.com refunded the one month charge. Very decent behavior.)

Today, I used www.beenverified.com for examination of a person proposing a service to me and my family. The search turned up scanty information, perhaps a reflection of the person and claims about the person's business experience. Then I looked at my own information and found a hodge podge of mostly useless material. For example, the site merged me with one of my brothers, without complete information for either one of us. I regard today's one month membership purchase as a waste of $22.

tracyw57
1/6/16

I was supposed to have just a one month trial and no fees after that and my account would not be charged but just today I realized my account had been charged 22.50 for the last several months.I am not happy. I would like my account credited for the charges. It was supposed to be only the small fee I paid at first to use it for a month.

crystalh24
12/19/15

There are no words for how excited I am to have found my sons father after 23 years!! It literally cost me $1! Yes! One dollar! And all of about 15 minutes!! I can't thank BeenVerified enough! To cancel my $1, 5 day trial was as easy as pie! I emailed BeenVerified and received a response w/in 15 mins that I was all set, cancelled and would not be charged beyond my dollar! Then they emailed me to congratulate me!!! For real!! I am a walking, talking billboard for BeenVerified! I have used other services in the past with no luck. 15mins and a dollar later....my son has his father!!! THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!

denisem49
12/18/15

Looked up my Father who was diseased in 2010. Found him with a picture next to his name. It was not even his picture, but the information was correct. That really bothered me. Also, They had my mother"s name on their that might be an imposter. I've looked up even my name and found relatives that aren't even mine. They give information that they aren't even sure belong to that person. Then if you need additional info they want a charge. What a joke. Someone should get a lawsuit against them for putting false information. Why pay for something you are not getting!!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your time and money

pamt16
12/9/15

Using this service helped me find the information I needed, on more than one occasion. Completely happy with my experience. Reputable, reliable, and customer service was quick to reply to my question. Thank you!

matthewt32
11/27/15

No only did I have an amazing experience with the website helping me find an old military friend but their service was the best. I had an issue with a payment and the problem was solved within an hour. No only is the website a hit but their customer service is top notch. I can't thank you guys enough for all your help. i recomend this website everyone especially prior military looking for lost friends. I will continue to recommend this website to friends and family.

cindyb65
11/21/15

I was scammed again.

zannc
11/19/15

I've used BeenVerified a couple of times over the past year or so. Both times I was extremely pleased with the results but most of all the customer service. Sometimes company's don't work with you on cancellations or refunds but both times I used BeenVerified I only wanted to use them once and not a subscription. I forgot to cancel that subscription but when I made contact to do so I had no problems at all. I will continue to use BeenVerified with further needs and would recommend anyone to use them as well.

sheilaw20
11/18/15

Virtually useless to me. Was looking for criminal records and could fine NONE. I looked at people I know who have them and still none to be found...even someone who did time in fed penn. I called company who claimed they would be posted if digitalized. Apparently this is rare. Also looked at someone in FL. then randomly changed state and he popped up again! Sort of felt like scam

forrestm23
11/11/15

Been looking for an Elemetary School Friend, who was my neighbor, and moved, while I was on Vacation.

michaelh188
11/5/15

I like the company's format and the customer service is very good,BUT the info was terrible and very seldom correct. Lots of mistake on info on both side.one wrong info And two alot of info missing.

drjerrr
10/23/15

I sent a previous email acknowledging her work. I do not have a saved copy.
It is with your Support Team

cinnm
10/17/15

I contacted your customer service this morning to resolve an issue I had with a charge to my account. I had the pleasure of speaking with your representative, Josie Lamothe. When Josie answered the phone I could immediately feel her pleasant energy. Her tone of voice made me feel as though I had her undivided attention and that she was available to assist me in the best way possible. Working in a field where I’m in contact with the public, in person and over the phone, I understand how important customer service is. I was extremely pleased with how she handled my call with grace. I could hear her smile through the phone and if I were to be an irate caller that smile I heard would have made me feel at ease. If I were to rate her level of Customer service from 0-10, 10 being the best, Josie would receive a 10++. Please accept and extend my “Job done extremely well” to Josie, to you as a supervisor for guidance and training her, and to Been Verified as a company for choosing her. She is awesome.

cheryld26
10/16/15

I really cannot say anything good about this company.
I signed up for BeenVerrified yesterday to check on the info related to myself and my husband. By the time I finished reading I was so angry! It listed my Mother as a close relative-5 years older than she actually is and my Father as a mere acquaintance-18 years younger than my Mother (when he is actually older by 7 years). It had a close relative as a person I have never known and who is not related to me in any way. It listed my son as a relative but his twin sister as an acquaintance. It said there was an alert for a bankruptcy but then the report said there was none-which was actually correct. When I ran my husband's report I am his only relative and both his parents were listed as acquaintances of his although they were listed as close relatives to me. One of the phone numbers listed for me was for Iowa-a state I have never lived in. Then, it listed my divorce as a crime...and it went on and on...How could soooo many things be wrong?? The only things it got correct (gasp!!) were my residence and my neighbors...What a rip-off! and at $22.95 OMG...There are much cheaper sites out there! I cancelled today!

johnb454
10/6/15

For the last 20 years or so, I have been the "class detective" for my high school class reunions. I have subscribed to a half dozen people search sites over the years. In my opinion, Been Verified is by far the best !!

I've just finished updating contact info for our 400 alumni (whew) !!. With so many class members, this was no small feat. Thanks to the accurate information at Been Verified, our committee will now be able to let more alumni know about the upcoming reunion we are planning for next year.

I plan to update alumni data on a yearly basis and have no doubt that I will do so next time through the Been Verified site.

Our appreciation goes out to all the hard working people there at Been Verified. Our class offers them a heartfelt thanks !!

Johnny B. - Del Mar Class of '71

sueb44
9/24/15

Found this service to be relatively accurate. Was great to have information right at my fingertips. Would use again if needed.

peggyd9
9/22/15

I have tried many sites that offer backround checks and I keep going back to Been Verified. Personally, I had a few issues when I first joined a few years ago with their site - but after I joined up again after trying the others, I am now a firm Been Verified fan and Highly Recommend them above all the rest. The issues I had have been fixed and they also now have more data for free that the other sites will charge you to add to your basic report. The accuracy is far better than that of the other sites as well. To top it off, their customer service is outstanding and friendly. They are quick to answer any questions and actually listen to feedback and act accordingly. Job well done BV!

Tip for consumers: After reading some of the negative reviews, I noticed that most of those who had a bad experience did so because they did not read first before joining. No background check sites get all info accurate and it's never up to the date info, that's impossible. Also, it is clearly stated that not all counties allow access to the data, that's why sometimes it doesnt show up. And, if those who use their credit card to join will read the terms, it's clearly stated about when, how and how much their ca

anthonys102
9/20/15

This site was exactly what I was looking for.

davidr193
9/13/15

Easy access and well-described variables to select in search procedures, rapid results provided and cheap at the price.

machellev
9/9/15

I'm now trying to find the results of my 3 searches

sharonk38
9/8/15

Although I was not satisfied with some of the false information that appeared in my family's public information, I was treated with upmost respect by this company. It was billing time, and I wrote to request termination of my service. I immediately received a response from their Customer Care representative and a refund for the payment that had been made to renew my service. It was explained to me that their searches could only reveal what was reported to them through public records and Internet searches. I was amazed at the promptness and professionalism with which my account was handled. My only hope is that people realize that public records and information on the internet are not necessarily true, no matter which method is used to gather them. Kudos to this company for employing representatives like Carla, who contacted me on its behalf!

71 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the BeenVerified staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
3 weeks ago
Add your answer
4 weeks ago
Answer
carlas14
A: Hi Sten,

BeenVerified is a website that provides a searchable database of aggregated public records. You can sign up to search names, phone numbers, email addresses and properties, and return information such as address histories, relatives, court records, social media and photos, property reports and much more.

I was able to locate an account you created with an automatically renewing 6-month subscription, on 10/14/15. I have turned off automatic renewal so you will not be billed again, but you still have access for the remainder of your paid time. To log in, go to www.beenverified.com/login. If you've forgotten your password, just click Forgot Password to receive an email with a link that will allow you to reset your password. Please feel free to call BeenVerified Customer Care if you need additional assistance logging in or if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,
BeenVerified Customer Care
3 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the BeenVerified staff and other customers.
BeenVerified?