US Government's NSF

307 5th Avenue - 16th Floor, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10016, USA
Tel: 1-888-579-5910
support@beenverified.com
Start searching our billions of records!
Learn More

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

joeb142

I called the beenverified.com customer service/support phone number. (in 21 reviews)

rayb47

I enrolled in your service to search for information about an old acquaintance. (in 32 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

lynl5
7/4/15

I wanted to comment on the excellent service Richelle provided me when I called this afternoon to cancel my service. She was extremely prompt and courteous in identifying my membership and cancelling my account. I had used the service once back in April 2015 and was very pleased with the service provided. However I did not know that I was signing up for a monthly service that I did not need or require.

I was ready for a battle, however Richelle immediately diffused the situation and we came to an agreeable resolution. I appreciate the trust you put in your employees to take charge and make decisions.

I will be happy to use your service in the future should I find the need.

debb637
7/2/15

BeenVerified is easy to use and full of useful information. Easy to sign up, easy to cancel. Not expensive for all the info you can get. Customer service is excellent!

lisal106
6/27/15

This company has friendly, helpful employees who go out of their way to help you with any question or trouble you have. Quality, Excellence and Professional!
I would highly recommend Been Verified to my collegues.

rebeccab47
6/21/15

I had joined Been Verified for the $1 trial period to see if I could find records on a person to keep my family safe. Number one is when I clicked on criminal records none were found, but if I go to my county's website and search public records they did have a criminal record. Number two, my 5 day trial period ended without any notification that I should end the account to make sure I was not charged $25.47. As of today I checked my bank statement and noticed they charged me $25.47 for not terminating my account. So I called Customer Service to talk to them about why they charged me. Well according to the very rude customer service rep I did not opt out of the trial period, which is true I didn't, but I never recieved notification that it was ending. The customer service rep was very rude about that I should have read this and that. And we charge the account when trial service is ended. As I continued to talk to him he talked over me not even listening to a word I had to say. That is very rude and I do not expect that from customer service. The only option he gave me was to terminate my account. I was not refunded the $25.47 and did not get offered to speak to a manager. I warn you do not use this site.

bernards25
6/19/15

I called eaier today to request information about my account, and to my surprise I was helped very well by Melissa who was prompt, effective and very professional. I commend both her, and the person(s) who hired and trained her. Melissa was a god hire, was well trained, and is therefore an asset to Been Verified.
Thank you!

lynnw32
6/6/15

I was pleased with the information that I found on my search for one person, no other information was found on two others that I searched for. My frustration is, that I opted out and payment was still taken from my bank account. I am wondering if I should have a new card issued so this doesn't happen again. I was charged 4/17/15 then again on 5/18. I opted out way before 5/18 via e-mail and was still charged. BEST WAY TO OPT OUT IS VIA PHONE. I WAS REFUNDED THE SECOND CHARGE!

fredh45
6/2/15

I was very pleased and impressed with the site.
The information was very complete. Much more so than other sites I have tried.
The Customer Service was outstanding and very prompt.
I would definitely recommend their service to anyone needing it.

georgef34
5/18/15

Very fast to respond to an inquiry and make a refund

stevenc71
5/18/15

I am grateful for the help your Site provided to my family last month in locating my Mom's Maid of Honor from her marriage in 1952. You helped her connect with someone important in her life from so long ago, before my Mom passed away last week. Difficult times for us still living, but Mom had the chance to meet her best friend from back in the day before leaving us in Peace. Special thanks to Timothy in your customer care department who provided exceptional service. Thanks again.

edh21
5/8/15

Not sure what I would do without this valuable tool.
I know its not 100% accurate but scary accurate.
From what I can see they are on top of their game.
And tech support, out of this world.
Thanks guys/gals.

loriannew
4/27/15

Initially a criminal records search did not show a criminal case which was pending appeal in a higher court, however Carla at BeenVerified support persisted and checked the database daily until the case file was returned to the court. I can not thank her enough. I would highly recommend this service to others!

shawndrar
4/20/15

I only needed the service for one month. I was automatically charged the next month. I called customer service and Geneva was kind, fast, and efficient. She refunded my money and cancelled my subscription. It was so easy! Thank you Geneva!

elainej12
4/18/15

I received excellent customer service from Tovel this morning. He was courteous, efficient, helpful and cheerful. He is an example of the customer service personnel who make doing business with this company a pleasure.
Thank-you,
member # 510527896

markr113
4/13/15

On your end, it took a little bit of work. However, Carla liaised with your Data Team, kept me up-to-date via email and ultimately completed the task. Carla ensured I was in the loop until it was completed to my satisfaction and I think she did an excellent job, (excellent customer service skills and operational knowledge level). Thanks again!
Mark Ryan

jimc101
4/12/15

I want to see that management is aware that it has an employee whom they should appreciate/value immensely.

(As a side note: I refuse to jump through all the needless security hoops. Based on my experience with this hassle, I'll never come back on your site again.)

rayb47
4/12/15

I enrolled in your service to search for information about an old acquaintance. It really was not helpful and I canceled the account on the same day. I had a lot of trouble with the automated cancelation and I guess I overreacted by complaining to BBB. I was contacted by Carla, who assured me that that the account had indeed been canceled. She was very gracious and she even gave me a refund, which I did not expect. She is truly an asset to your company. You should have her cloned !

joeb142
4/7/15

I called the beenverified.com customer service/support phone number. I was greeted on the phone by Timothy who was incredibly supportive and very courteous to me. I let him know that I was a paralyzed veteran living on a very tight budget with only a fixed income to work with and that I was calling to cancel my subscription to the beenverified.com service. I let him know that my cancellation wasn't due to any dissatisfaction with the service, it was simply a matter of my being capable of paying the fee due to my limited income. I also shared with him my story of using the beenverified.com service to be able to locate and make contact with my biological parents after I was put up for adoption almost 50 years ago right after birth. I told Timothy that I had attempted to use other means to locate them after my adoptive parents had passed away, as I had promised them to wait to find my biological parents after they had both died. My adoptive mother, or simply my mom since she chose me to adopt shortly after I was born, had passed away after my adoptive father had died in 1997. I started to think about finding my biological parents about 10 years ago, but didn't really make much of an effort to do so until my primary care doctor at the Seattle V.A. had asked if I knew of anything about biological parents because as she noticed I was getting close to 50, she felt it would be helpful to know of any hereditary health concerns that may have been passed down to me. It was about the first week in March when I made a genuine inquiry to locate my biological parents. I had watched two tv talk shows which had successful stories of adoptees finding their biological parents without knowing anything about them. The TV shows I watched both posted phone numbers of those who had tracked down the biological parents of many people seeking to find their biological parents and I called each of the phone numbers that were posted at the end of each show. I soon found out after my first call that they were offices of attorneys with private investigators used to try to locate and make sure the information was accurate and even promised to provide a means to contact the biological parents to their clients. Well, there was one small detail that I wasn't informed of until the end of my conversations with both offices that had been very successful in this process, that small, or actually large detail was the cost of their services, which one office quoted me a $400.00 fee, with installment payments that could be made if needed. I called the second office and received a quote of $600.00 and of course the option of paying in installments. I discovered that I wasn't in any financial position to afford these "professionals," to locate my biological parents. I then started to contact the Oregon State bureau of vital statistics and they let me know they could mail me a certified copy of my "pre-adoption birth certificate," if I answered several questions that only I would know the answers to and a $20.00 money order to send into their office. A short time later, around February I received my certified copy of my "pre-adoption birth certificate," which identified the names of both of my biological parents and knew the next step in finding them would require some sort of "pertinent information," of some relevance to their names to locate where or if they lived somewhere close to my birthplace. So, this is when on or about March 6th or 7th I signed up with beenverified.com and was actually able to find both of them and they were both still alive. WOW! I had the phone number and address of my biological father that I used to make the first call to my biological father and he told me that I had an older sister and older brother and called my sister to get my biological mother's phone number as he indicated they had divorced shortly after I was born. So, the bottom line is that without your service I would probably be a very frustrated paralyzed veteran without the financial means to get the information needed to locate my biological parents, and I don't think I would have enjoyed a very emotional conversation with my biological mother who had last seen me after giving birth to me and placing me up for adoption almost 50 years ago. I can only say THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP! It was indeed a positive experience that I will never forget. Thanks for everything, including being kind enough to extend my beenverified.com services for free until 6/7/15. Keep up the good work, you never know if you may have done this for others and perhaps weren't even aware of how valuable your service has been. A very happy customer with a one in a lifetime experience that has meant more than words could describe!

charlesw52
4/5/15

We found this to be an exceptional resource for searching for available public data. I was even surprised it understood so much of my own background!!! They had data of old addresses i had completely forgotten about!!

joycej7
3/29/15

I only needed the service for two months. I was able to find people by their addresses and also the real property they owned very easily. When I was almost finished, I sent an email stating 'I want to cancel my service" and immediately received a response that it was cancelled. I called the customer service number. Someone picked up and confirmed I still could use the program until the end of this month that I had paid for but would not be billed again. Good work!

ericj34
3/29/15

My customer service representative was extreme quick and efficient to work with. Although, I came to the process upset - after having canceled and still been billed - she was a pleasure to work with. Very quick responses and good feedback are excellent qualities to possess while working with an angry customer.

shirleyr25
3/28/15

Great Help With My Account : Spoke Clearly & Nicely- Also Quickly & Professionally To My Requests - He Was Ex-Special With Assisting Me & Therefore Want To Let You Know. Thanks

mjg2
3/27/15

I needed the one month subscription and no more. Typically, it takes many emails, phone calls and a lot of frustration to get through to a company and almost always results in more than one months charge. I was pleasantly surprised and very happy with the prompt and courteous service that Been Verified responded with immediately!! Thank you for making my experience smooth, effortless, and a happy one. Excellent Customer Service.

sandrat20
3/26/15

I used it to find my special needs sons father. We divorced before he was born. We parted on bad terms. He has never seen him before. Thanks to you, he is now sharing pics & conversation with him!!! He found out that his father has 4 sons & 4 daughters +him. Wow, what a surprise!!! His fathers wife died 13 yrs. ago. I knew her too. Small world,huh!!! I am 67-when it's time for me to go, at least he knew him for a while. His father is 71. I really can't thank you enough!!! God Bless you all & keep up the good work!!!!!!

lisap85
3/26/15

My entire experience was extremely helpful. Always fast, knowledgeable, professional & courteous staff. Richelle was top notch in her efforts to help with my request. I would highly recommend BeenVerified & will use it again.

mikew113
3/21/15

I needed to use this service for only a month. When it came tie to cancel my subscription, customer service was very efficient, responding to my email request almost immediately and even offered me one more background check as a gift.

sharonl33
3/16/15

Richelle was very help She answered all my questions very professionally I would call on her again if I had any other problems

troys34
3/13/15

Overall a good experience. Helpful staff,caring and honest

mariettaw
3/9/15

Your represenative was so nice and kind, very company oriented. He provided world class service. Thank him for doing a job well done.

marilynt5
3/9/15

I was looking at my and my families records. Site was easy to navigate, pretty much accurate and I found what I wanted. If I need the service again, I will definitely use Been Verified.

rdbb
3/8/15

Joined up, paid the fee and then checked on myself. They had me born in 1898, living in West Virginia (Never been there), wrong phone numbers, wrong relatives, wrong military service, tickets from places I had never been. A complete joke of a web site.

Tip for consumers: Do not bother, just do a Google search on yourself and you will get as much as this site offers.

brendanl4
3/7/15

I was interested in testing this site to see if it held up as a logical source of finding information on someone. Their site says that it uses social media as part of its research and I can attest that the information is in accurate. I keep majority of my own information extremely public with a few seconds on google you can learn everything about me in minutes. This site reports my current residence at a location that is over 12 years old. I was able to confirm it was me based on the known relatives. For a site that simply runs a search algorithm to process data anything over $3 a month is a rip off. (Netflix is $9 a month and that's something you constantly use. Netflix has to pay other companies to be able to use those movies they have to pay people to add and delete content constantly) This site has to pay for a call center, and a development team. Their costs divided among the number of users they have wouldn't be high enough to justify more then $3 a month. If they overgrew that's poor business planning it should not be reflected on the open market.

Tip for consumers: Use http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ncic , http://www.dmv.org/criminal-records.php, and when trying to find information in social media type this into google search. " Person's Name site:Facebook.com" this will search Person's name on facebook.

sams178
2/16/15

The product is pretty straight-forward, but I need to ask about an additional service the provided. I spoke to someone, I think Carla, who couldn't have been nicer to deal with.

Tip for consumers: If you have any questions, just call the service # and they're pretty helpful.

jw86
2/14/15

Cody, the Been Verified client services representive was both, professional and personable; I was so impressed with Cody's expertise and attention to client detail, that I asked to speak with and shared my sentiments with his manager. Been Verified is the "real deal", the background check product exceeded my expectations: moreover, l accomplished my goals and now, l'm at peace after confirming what I initially suspected about persons of intertest. Bottom line, do invest in this medium,
it's worth every cent spent!

please i
Sincerely,
J. Weaver - Florida

sandyw28
2/12/15

The info I've received has always been correct and helpful. The support staff is superb. Highly recommended for finding information on people!

jerryk22
2/12/15

Very professional.

susanp49
2/7/15

Carla was very helpful. She responded quickly and helped turn off the auto payments. She let me know I can still access older reports in the future, and subscribe later if I need to do more background checks.
Thank you. I appreciate good customer support. It matters.

scottl57
2/4/15

After conducting a self background check on Been Verified, I found extremely erroneous information including an arrest record that does not pertain to me and addresses where I never lived. Yet on the website it said that the information was "highly likely". After a call to their customer service number I was informed that Been Verified simply gathers information and does not verify the information collected about individuals. I replied that the name "Been Verified" seems extremely misleading - no comment from the customer service rep. It is possible and fairly simple however to opt out of their system and have your data completely removed from their database. It takes approx. 24 hours for this to occur and I highly recommend taking this step.

teresae6
2/1/15

I was looking for information on both my living and my deceased brothers. It was quick and easy to locate them. I found two issues on the search information. My own information is listed under a previous married name, Teresa Bare. I remarried in 2000 and my name is now Evans. Can you fix t his? Also, you have my mother in law, Donna M Evans listed as living at 647 Lily Way, Bethel, OH 45106. She has never lived in Ohio. She lives in Springerville, AZ and has for most of her life. Please notify me if you can fix these two issues. The name is important, as well as my inlaws address.

Thank you for your assistance.

Teresa Evans

chrisn22
1/31/15

I have used BEEN VERIFIED for a year or so and was VERY satisfied with the service when I was in need of it and only cancelled due to not requiring it at the time.

I re-upped yesterday with the thoughtful and courteous of help by your agent RUDY on the phone. I'm 67 and it is difficult for me to do a lot on the computer so RUDY patiently talked me through the process and I was able to get my account reinstated=THANK YOU RUDY

marileneb
1/27/15

I have had a great experience with beenvirified.
I only needed to check on myself and the information was accurate as I had expected. When I cancelled my trial offer I expected some resistance from the sales agent but it was pleasant and easy. I highly recommend this service. I give them a five star for service provided and customer service.

nicollew
1/22/15

So I was frustrated to see I'd forgotten to cancel my membership and when I called to get it handled, I expected the run-around, to be honest! But to my surprise there were no lengthy waits, no double-talk, no hard sell! It was just a guy on the phone who was pleasant, professional and willing to handle my cancellation without delay!

I was pleasantly surprised!

As for the service itself, I got exactly what I wanted and was pleased with what I got (the report)! I just forgot to cancel is all...that was my bad!

craigv7
1/22/15

Great website for finding phone numbers and addresses. Simple and easy to use, my go to site when I need either phone numbers or addresses.

glennr24
1/16/15

This morning began with confusion about my beenverified account. Then I called customer service and had the good fortune to confer with Carla. She pleasantly and patiently explained the source of my confusion and left me with a very positive impression of the Been Verified company. Carla is an outstanding ambassador for your company...and, I predict, destined for rapid professional advancement.

kimg25
1/16/15

Like many other posting here, I've attempted to cancel my contract via email three (possibly four) times now, with no response. My account is still being debited monthly for $22.00. Tried phoning, I simply don't have time to sit on hold for hours. Besides, if they don't respond when I have sent email as backup, do you think they will admit to talking to me on the phone? Don't go there! Learn from my mistakes

guyd16
1/8/15

Just like so many others I didn't check for reviews on Beenverified before forking over for a month. No excuse really. My report gave a comprehensive list of all addresses for over 30 years, but the information I really wanted was PREMIUM and required an additional $10.

Classic bait and switch. The social media search comes up with somebody else, certainly not me. Yup, I got conned. I'm going to contest this charge on my credit card. I got next to nothing for my one month charge!

Tip for consumers: Don't do it.

tylerh32
12/9/14

What a rip off!! I searched myself before considering this service for our company to do background checks on potential employees. As I normally do, I should've research the reviews on this service first!!!
- Says you're getting unlimted access to their reports. Not true! Roughly half their reports have additional costs.
- The social report requires an email of the person you're searching. I have mostly business emails. Most people set up social sites with personal emails and even then, it was a joke!
- the only property they listed for me was a house I owned 14 years ago! I've owned 3 since and my existing address didn't even show up.
- I have two speeding tickets in the last year and a half. Nothing showed up.

Worthless....tons of other background sites provide better data.

Tip for consumers: Don't do it!!

travisd14
11/14/14

Right in their "Membership Agreement", that you must Agree to by checking the box, it states you get a 7 day Trial when you sign up, however they do not live by their own agreement and will charge your card at least $1 up front. I can't Accept an agreement that they won't even adhere to, and their customer service rep hung up on me when I asked her why they wouldn't stick to their own agreement.

Tip for consumers: Find a reputable service, not these clowns!

so2644
10/29/14

I tired the FREE trial & they've been automatically charging my credit card for months. Even with an e-mail verification that services were canceled. My credit card provider stopped & reissued a 2nd card to stop BeenVerified automatic billing. They still found a way to bill me. They billed me twice in August. I’m still waiting for six months of credits from this company.

melissah29
10/28/14

I hope you read this before you buy. I should have. I would have saved my money. Worst research database I have ever seen. I will be cancelling before my month is up.

jackiea18
10/27/14

I signed up for the 7 day trial which I paid $1 for back in 8/18/2014 and cancelled the very next morning with a live person. This past week on 10/24/2014 I'm at the gas station and my card gets declined. I check my bank account and find out Been Verified had been charging my account $25.47 every month for the past 3 months. I call Been Verified immediately and tell them that those charges have never been authorized and I cancelled back in August. They apologized for the oversight and issued a refund immediately.

However, the other issue was the insufficient funds fee that my bank charged me for their charge. My bank charged me $34. I call back and let the 2nd rep I speak with know that there is no way I'm paying for their mistake. That whatever they have going on internally is not my fault and I did exactly what was instructed to do to cancel my trial.

The 3rd rep I speak with has the nerve to tell me it's not their fault that I didn't have sufficient funds in my account. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? And it's my fault you guys made a mistake and made a fraudulent charge on my account? I know how much money is in my account and did NOT authorize these charges. I'm sorry I don't have a cushion for delinquent companies making faulty charges on my account.

Now, I'm waiting on an email for their "escalation department" to let me know whether or not they will cover my insufficient funds charge. Which by the way was guaranteed to me by the 2 reps I initially spoke with AND their supervisor. If they do not cover the fee that my bank is charging me I will report them to the Better Business Bureau.

I definitely would not recommend Been Verified to anyone. After doing a little more research I found out that there have been hundreds of people that have had the same experience as I have and they are notorious for sketchy situations like this. Just Google "Been Verified Reviews" and the words, scam and fraud pop up all over the place. I have no idea why this company is still operating. Not only do they seem like they are unable to fix this internal problem with taking people's money but they provide subpar results. Not even worth it.

13 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the BeenVerified staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I was attempting to look for Divorce records on Shery L MCright Renteria
Answer
carlas14
A: Hi Gregory,
Thanks for reaching out. At this time, BeenVerified does not provide marriage or divorce records, so this is not something that would be included in the report. We would love to be able to offer this information in the future, and are constantly researching to locate a reliable source of accurate and current marriage and divorce data, to integrate into our reports. The problem is most sources are very inconsistent. We're constantly updating and expanding our database and our service to provide the most accurate and current information we possibly can.

If you have other questions, the best way to receive support is to contact BeenVerified customer service at 888-579-5910 or support@beenverified.com.

Best,
Carla
BeenVerified Customer Care
4/13/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: I'm in London, in the UK and I'm trying to trace a relative after which I will no longer require the service. Does your fee cover multiple searches of a name until, I find the correct name, or do I have to pay for each name search. Is it a simple process to then cancel my subscription. Can I pay by PayPal?
4/24/15
Answer
carlas14
A: Hi Carol,
We appreciate your interest in BeenVerified, however we wouldn't be the right site for you. At this time, we don't offer access to our site to customers located outside the U.S., so you would not be able to create an account. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Best,
Carla
BeenVerified Customer Care
4/27/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the BeenVerified staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
BeenVerified?