US Government's NSF

307 5th Avenue - 16th Floor
New York, NY 10016, USA
Tel: 1-888-579-5910
support@beenverified.com
Start searching our billions of records!
Learn More

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

joeb142

I called the beenverified.com customer service/support phone number. (in 33 reviews)

edh21

If you want exact information on the one you are searching for, use a Skip Tracer / agent. (in 52 reviews)

elizabethh93

Beenverified had found him, an address, a phone number, a career, a family, etc. (in 10 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

juanitau
2/12/16

I found Been Verified to be so useful and worth every cent (only $21 a month). I helped my high school 40th Reunion Committee find 350 students that they had lost track of (out of a class of 500). It took me a few days, but I had such a great time poring over records until at last I found THE person I was looking for. They give date of last confirmed address, phone numbers, emails and even all the old addresses and a map!! Especially helpful for those women who have gotten married and changed their names (many times, ha ha). Highly recommended and easy to use.

melayap
2/10/16

I paid the fee specifically to receive employment information on myself. There was nothing there. And the rest of the information on me was either missing, wrong, or incomplete. I looked up a few friends, and saw the same for them.

So I immediate wrote customer service asking for a full refund. They replied by the next day, and approved the refund.

I can't say I had the best experience with this site. But I did very much appreciate their quick and courteous customer service team.

susann139
2/7/16

I had a billing problem and sent an email to your company and was extremely
surprised at the rapid response your company gave to me. I will certainly look
forward to doing business with you again in the future. Thank you for your help
in resolving my problem.

sundrah
2/3/16

no info on married or divorced, one person had no arrest listed even though I had them arrested, no pictures of people on facebook etc... Do not renew You are not worth $10.

elizabethh93
1/28/16

This is a very condensed version of my experience.
In 1952, my husband and I married and started our life together. I was 18 and he was 21. He was one of 10 children. After 18 months, our first son was born. In the next five years and 11 months we had two more boys and one girl.
Fast forward to 1963. My husband's sister was 2 years younger than he. She had mental problems and was in and out of a mental hospital for a year or two where she met an alcoholic man 35-36 years older than she. He was also in the hospital for treatment. They married and had twin boys on September 3, 1965.
Within a year and a half, the parents got to the point they were unable to care for the twins and a foster parent couple who had been trying to help "mom and dad", called my husband and explained someone had to intervene. Guess who?
For nine months we were legal guardians of the boys and had intended to raise them.
With our four, who had just begun private schooling in 1966 and the addition of the twins, we were looking at a long time of raising and educating 6 children. That educating included at least a bachelors degree. We had always talked 16 years of schooling to our four.
We were farmers and the farm economy was not at it's best.
In conversation with an older half-sister (twins Dad's 1st marriage) who contacted us and explained she could understand the abandonment of the boys by daddy, and wanted to help us out by adopting the twins, to add to her two sons. We agreed.
The sister, who was fromoTexas, took the boys and raised them. We next heard from them when Hal graduated from high school in 1984. Contact was never made after that invitation was sent.
Until...I was going through old papers and guess what? I found the old invitation and began a search on "Beenverified." In less than 8 hours I was in conversation with Hal. Beenverified had found him, an address, a phone number, a career, a family, etc.
For the next hour I talked with Hal when I could stop crying. I had searched for these boys for all this time. How grateful I found them.
The family is planing a family reunion this summer and my prayer is that the boys will come and we can become reacquainted.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PART IN THIS REUNION. GOD DOES ANSWER PRAYER, HE SURELY ANSWERED THE ONE I HAVE PRAYED ALL THESE YEARS.

jodir12
1/27/16

I was tasked with finding over 600 classmates in a class that is planning a 40th reunion. We come from a Military town, and nobody stays put for long. It was my goal that nobody would miss the reunion because they didnt know about it. Using Been Verified, I've been able to locate almost everybody. The information was accurate, and mostly up to date. Been Verified allowed me to tackle a monumental task for a nominal fee. I couldn't have succeeded without this service!

briand83
1/26/16

The program did exactly what I was hoping for.
I needed to do research and almost everything
I needed I found with Been Verified.
Great program and it works.

connies70
1/26/16

I needed to check to make sure someone was legit. I was able to use BeenVerified to confirm my suspicions that this was a SCAM! Yea! BeenVerified really works! I would use BeenVerified again if the occasion came up again. Great product!

kristinad13
1/18/16

I only needed to look up an address to have someone served some court documents and it was so easy to navigate their site and use the service provided. I got exactly what I needed and served the other person successfully.

thomasf61
1/8/16

(Couple of hours later: in answer to a note about my experience, beenverified.com refunded the one month charge. Very decent behavior.)

Today, I used www.beenverified.com for examination of a person proposing a service to me and my family. The search turned up scanty information, perhaps a reflection of the person and claims about the person's business experience. Then I looked at my own information and found a hodge podge of mostly useless material. For example, the site merged me with one of my brothers, without complete information for either one of us. I regard today's one month membership purchase as a waste of $22.

tracyw57
1/6/16

I was supposed to have just a one month trial and no fees after that and my account would not be charged but just today I realized my account had been charged 22.50 for the last several months.I am not happy. I would like my account credited for the charges. It was supposed to be only the small fee I paid at first to use it for a month.

crystalh24
12/19/15

There are no words for how excited I am to have found my sons father after 23 years!! It literally cost me $1! Yes! One dollar! And all of about 15 minutes!! I can't thank BeenVerified enough! To cancel my $1, 5 day trial was as easy as pie! I emailed BeenVerified and received a response w/in 15 mins that I was all set, cancelled and would not be charged beyond my dollar! Then they emailed me to congratulate me!!! For real!! I am a walking, talking billboard for BeenVerified! I have used other services in the past with no luck. 15mins and a dollar later....my son has his father!!! THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!

denisem49
12/18/15

Looked up my Father who was diseased in 2010. Found him with a picture next to his name. It was not even his picture, but the information was correct. That really bothered me. Also, They had my mother"s name on their that might be an imposter. I've looked up even my name and found relatives that aren't even mine. They give information that they aren't even sure belong to that person. Then if you need additional info they want a charge. What a joke. Someone should get a lawsuit against them for putting false information. Why pay for something you are not getting!!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your time and money

pamt16
12/9/15

Using this service helped me find the information I needed, on more than one occasion. Completely happy with my experience. Reputable, reliable, and customer service was quick to reply to my question. Thank you!

matthewt32
11/27/15

No only did I have an amazing experience with the website helping me find an old military friend but their service was the best. I had an issue with a payment and the problem was solved within an hour. No only is the website a hit but their customer service is top notch. I can't thank you guys enough for all your help. i recomend this website everyone especially prior military looking for lost friends. I will continue to recommend this website to friends and family.

cindyb65
11/21/15

I was scammed again.

zannc
11/19/15

I've used BeenVerified a couple of times over the past year or so. Both times I was extremely pleased with the results but most of all the customer service. Sometimes company's don't work with you on cancellations or refunds but both times I used BeenVerified I only wanted to use them once and not a subscription. I forgot to cancel that subscription but when I made contact to do so I had no problems at all. I will continue to use BeenVerified with further needs and would recommend anyone to use them as well.

sheilaw20
11/18/15

Virtually useless to me. Was looking for criminal records and could fine NONE. I looked at people I know who have them and still none to be found...even someone who did time in fed penn. I called company who claimed they would be posted if digitalized. Apparently this is rare. Also looked at someone in FL. then randomly changed state and he popped up again! Sort of felt like scam

forrestm23
11/11/15

Been looking for an Elemetary School Friend, who was my neighbor, and moved, while I was on Vacation.

michaelh188
11/5/15

I like the company's format and the customer service is very good,BUT the info was terrible and very seldom correct. Lots of mistake on info on both side.one wrong info And two alot of info missing.

drjerrr
10/23/15

I sent a previous email acknowledging her work. I do not have a saved copy.
It is with your Support Team

cinnm
10/17/15

I contacted your customer service this morning to resolve an issue I had with a charge to my account. I had the pleasure of speaking with your representative, Josie Lamothe. When Josie answered the phone I could immediately feel her pleasant energy. Her tone of voice made me feel as though I had her undivided attention and that she was available to assist me in the best way possible. Working in a field where I’m in contact with the public, in person and over the phone, I understand how important customer service is. I was extremely pleased with how she handled my call with grace. I could hear her smile through the phone and if I were to be an irate caller that smile I heard would have made me feel at ease. If I were to rate her level of Customer service from 0-10, 10 being the best, Josie would receive a 10++. Please accept and extend my “Job done extremely well” to Josie, to you as a supervisor for guidance and training her, and to Been Verified as a company for choosing her. She is awesome.

cheryld26
10/16/15

I really cannot say anything good about this company.
I signed up for BeenVerrified yesterday to check on the info related to myself and my husband. By the time I finished reading I was so angry! It listed my Mother as a close relative-5 years older than she actually is and my Father as a mere acquaintance-18 years younger than my Mother (when he is actually older by 7 years). It had a close relative as a person I have never known and who is not related to me in any way. It listed my son as a relative but his twin sister as an acquaintance. It said there was an alert for a bankruptcy but then the report said there was none-which was actually correct. When I ran my husband's report I am his only relative and both his parents were listed as acquaintances of his although they were listed as close relatives to me. One of the phone numbers listed for me was for Iowa-a state I have never lived in. Then, it listed my divorce as a crime...and it went on and on...How could soooo many things be wrong?? The only things it got correct (gasp!!) were my residence and my neighbors...What a rip-off! and at $22.95 OMG...There are much cheaper sites out there! I cancelled today!

johnb454
10/6/15

For the last 20 years or so, I have been the "class detective" for my high school class reunions. I have subscribed to a half dozen people search sites over the years. In my opinion, Been Verified is by far the best !!

I've just finished updating contact info for our 400 alumni (whew) !!. With so many class members, this was no small feat. Thanks to the accurate information at Been Verified, our committee will now be able to let more alumni know about the upcoming reunion we are planning for next year.

I plan to update alumni data on a yearly basis and have no doubt that I will do so next time through the Been Verified site.

Our appreciation goes out to all the hard working people there at Been Verified. Our class offers them a heartfelt thanks !!

Johnny B. - Del Mar Class of '71

sueb44
9/24/15

Found this service to be relatively accurate. Was great to have information right at my fingertips. Would use again if needed.

peggyd9
9/22/15

I have tried many sites that offer backround checks and I keep going back to Been Verified. Personally, I had a few issues when I first joined a few years ago with their site - but after I joined up again after trying the others, I am now a firm Been Verified fan and Highly Recommend them above all the rest. The issues I had have been fixed and they also now have more data for free that the other sites will charge you to add to your basic report. The accuracy is far better than that of the other sites as well. To top it off, their customer service is outstanding and friendly. They are quick to answer any questions and actually listen to feedback and act accordingly. Job well done BV!

Tip for consumers: After reading some of the negative reviews, I noticed that most of those who had a bad experience did so because they did not read first before joining. No background check sites get all info accurate and it's never up to the date info, that's impossible. Also, it is clearly stated that not all counties allow access to the data, that's why sometimes it doesnt show up. And, if those who use their credit card to join will read the terms, it's clearly stated about when, how and how much their ca

anthonys102
9/20/15

This site was exactly what I was looking for.

davidr193
9/13/15

Easy access and well-described variables to select in search procedures, rapid results provided and cheap at the price.

machellev
9/9/15

I'm now trying to find the results of my 3 searches

sharonk38
9/8/15

Although I was not satisfied with some of the false information that appeared in my family's public information, I was treated with upmost respect by this company. It was billing time, and I wrote to request termination of my service. I immediately received a response from their Customer Care representative and a refund for the payment that had been made to renew my service. It was explained to me that their searches could only reveal what was reported to them through public records and Internet searches. I was amazed at the promptness and professionalism with which my account was handled. My only hope is that people realize that public records and information on the internet are not necessarily true, no matter which method is used to gather them. Kudos to this company for employing representatives like Carla, who contacted me on its behalf!

susand70
9/6/15

The site delivers what it says it will. That is just basic integrity, right? What made this organization exceptional was the customer support. This morning, I requested to know what the process was to temporarily dis-enroll from the service.

This organization not only executed my request, without any extra steps on my part, they also refunded the last transaction immediately! My request was addressed and resolved before noon. Wow! If only every on-line service was this easy to work with.

So if you are curious about trying this service, do it. This site delivers with exceptional integrity.

leannes13
9/3/15

Site is garbage. Its atleast 2 years off in information and doesn't show bankrups or criminal records I know are there. It shows some social media. I have social media and it wasn't on there.
Secondly, I paid to use the site and when I got back on it wouldn't process request and wanted me to pay again. I cancelled service with in an hour and lost the 22 bucks I paid.

angelat28
8/31/15

It was a wonderful experience and it worked really well there may be little improvements but the whole program as a whole was really great and professional and easy to use.

karinm2
8/29/15

This site helped me a lot in my current court case. I was able to locate people, and verify former addresses as well. Thanks for your service.

larryn26
8/27/15

From start to finish BeenVerified help me find and confirm a number of my high school colleagues from 58 years ago. I found the sight and services most helpful.
Thanks ... Dr. Larry L. Neal

jackw80
8/22/15

I am very impressed that this companies operations are based in New York, and answered my communication in a timely manner, with team members sincerely trying to provide a level of excellence with every communication.

Great job!

janee29
8/20/15

This is a great program, to look up a person's address, family and background. I was able to find several classmates for our class reunion using this site.

deanc30
8/19/15

I used the information on been verified for basic background check on business prospects before meeting to insure that the information they have provided is factual and accurate. This inexpensive due diligence is worth the meager cost and saves a lot of headaches or heartache in the future. my business prospects were just fine and matched their representations clearly. with the extra time my curiousity got to check my current girlfriend's verifications and i was shocked that she'd been lying to me for some time about her age. she's alot older than she looks cause there is a 5+ year disparity in the record and her claim. she doesn't know i know and still speaks as if she's been lying her whole life about it. even when directly asked "how old are you ? " . Sad and Silly. The remarklable part comes now.The customer service is the best part of this story because I had a billing concern which was ultimately resolved in a timely and professional manner. Linda did a great job, really above and beyond the expected target. it was reassuring to see a company in the membership business effectively handle a client this way, and with quick and legitmate correspondence and effectiveness. i will use again without regards to their competitors in the future. Thanks -- DC

tanyar16
8/17/15

brief background - my son was killed in May by a drunk driver. I was told that the person responsible for his death had prior run-ins with the law, and that her cases were "swept" under the rug. I went on this website based on the advertising saturation in my area, and found NOTHING. as a matter of fact, I found less than when I googled the person's name. However, been verified will make it look as though they have all sorts of information on the person you are looking for, to get their hook in you. my fault, I should have reviewed. first. DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE - you may be trying to look into someone for online dating or whatnot, however, you wont find out anything. even my son's pending case did not show up, and it has been very publicized in my area. Live and learn, I guess

davidt121
8/16/15

My friend's daughter was dating a guy thru Internet, I checked out his name via BeenVerified, sure, he has issues with law and was wanted too.
Worth the service.

philipl24
8/13/15

I signed up to use "Been Verified" on a short-term (trial) basis, as I was seeking a single piece of common information about a "long-ago" friend with whom I'd lost touch. After providing basic information that was required for the search to begin, the results which "Been Verified" found were, I felt, inadequate, considering the fee I'd just paid. I notified the company by e-mail, and on the very same day "Been V Verified" made arrangements to discontinue membership (at my request) and refund the charges. I find that to be extraordinary in this time of widespread deception, both on the web and in countless other ways. I am sincerely and surprisingly pleased with "Been Verified" 's customer service...nothing short of outstanding!

rockyc6
8/11/15

I had signed up for the 3 month service but did not realize there was an auto-renewal feature, until I discovered the charge on my acct. I was concerned that I would meet hassles to resolve this, but I was so wrong!! I emailed CS and explained the situation, they immediately responded and refunded my money!! And confirmed what they did. I was very pleasantly surprised and pleased!! I would definitely come back to them if I needed this service again. Many thanks!!!

johnd391
8/10/15

I just signed up and paid the $23. I researched myself and found that at least half of the information was either incorrect, vague or totally missing. I am mystified at all of these sterling reviews. I am going to try to cancel my subscription.

rodh21
8/9/15

I guess Been Verified is good for someone that's just trying to have fun but for some one with real concerns about a new boyfriend or guest in their home it could actually be dangerous. Out of curiosity I checked on someone in the neighborhood that I know for a fact is a convicted child molester and the info came back showing a felony but not a detail about the crime. Then I checked on the same person from a list of sex offenders in the area and he was there.
I then checked on two more people I know of being convicted felons and got no results.
If safety is important think twice about using Been Verified.

kellyd44
8/8/15

I have checked out other companies on a free trial and was unhappy. I used myself to verify accuracy. Been Verified is the only site that gave me immediate results and completely accurate. I actually found some items that should be corrected. Great service, easy cancellation. If/when I need this type of service again BeenVerified is the ONLY site I will use. Highly recommend!

warrena9
8/6/15

This is an easy to use verification service. The data provided was very accurate as I cross checked the information with other services and information. Been Verified provided data which was helpful to my business,

Best of all the company is easy to deal with and provides great customer service. When the service was no longer needed for a period of time, they canceled the service within hours of my email. This was done by an actual person not an automated line.

dennisd33
8/4/15

The report on me is 50% inaccurate. Appears a mix of information about me and other people who have lived in the same states and share part of my name. No excuse for such inept. Save your money. You won't be able to trust anything they say about strangers.

lisad95
8/3/15

I had to find information fast for a personal issue. BeenVerified helped me get the information I needed all in one place.

johng215
8/3/15

They provide very good information and service.

kathrynh13
8/1/15

Well designed site. Excellent info. Highly recommend.

53 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the BeenVerified staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 minute ago
Add your answer
5 days ago
Answer
carlas14
A: Hi Alice,
Yes! That is a great way to use BeenVerified. If you view our other reviews, you'll see that lots of other individuals have found BeenVerified very helpful in organizing their reunions and locating old friends and classmates, etc. You can search a name to locate addresses phone numbers and emails, as well as relatives and associates and more. You can also run searches on phone numbers, email addresses and property addresses, so there are lots of different ways to find the information you need.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact BeenVerified Customer Care at 888-579-5910 or at support@beenverified.com.

Kind regards,
BeenVerified Customer Care
5 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the BeenVerified staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
BeenVerified?