US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

kelzh
10/9/14

Barnes & Noble isn't a bookstore, it's an experience. People need to get off their ebooks and go to a B&N one day soon!!

philipp47
3/9/14

It was a good experience a bit sad about the shipping delay, but otherwise exceptional.

rlore
12/26/13

The WORST online purchasing experience that I have EVER had

All kind of book sales on Thanksgiving weekend. I bought from Barnes&Noble,
>Got confirmation of order,
>found out it was from 3rd party seller,
>tried to cancel, but was told it was too late to cancel, so i did not purchase from
another merchant on that weekend because i did not want to end up with two
copies as a gift for my niece, despite that there were great sales going on with free shipping.

>tried contacting 3rd party seller a couple times with no response.

>contacted B&N twice to get status, with no satisfaction, and the 2nd time
B&N pointed me to another party that they said was responsible for 3rd party
vendors.

>when i contacted that party, i was told they are only responsible for 3rd
party hardcopy magazine sellers, so sent me back to B&N

> Then, 1 day before Christmas, Barnes & Noble cancelled my order and I had no present for my niece.

>Had to go out in all the holiday traffic and crowds to buy at my local bricks and mortar bookstore, at full price plus pay local sales taxes.

Will never buy from them again.

tomm797
12/9/13

Bought a couple of Tolkien Books: The Hobbit, LOTR, and the Similarion. Very happy with the service cant wait to start reading

damieno
11/2/13

I prefer BarnesAndNoble over Amazon and all of my experiences with BarnesAndNoble have been pretty good! Definitely have a great search engine, prices, and of course their reviews are helpful too.

cyndys1
6/20/13

Barnes & Noble is easy to love. I got their discount card a long time ago and keep renewing it because the deals are great. Somehow, it's easier and even cheaper to order books through Barnes & Noble online than it is to pick up in the store. I don't know how that happens, but it's so convenient to just go on the computer, pick out what you're looking for, read all the book reviews, and place the order. Shipping is usually free too. And, books get here fast - like I said, you gotta love it!

toml47
5/23/13

I just shop on Barnes and noble online for their used books, I always get really good quality books for good low prices.

annc18
4/12/13

I would much rather use Amazon, because it gives you more selection. However, the store itself can't be beat, except in price.

joshl22
4/12/13

BN books are a little expensive but that's why I buy from their used books. The books are always in excellent shape.

janetm10
1/26/13

Love the great selection! Knowledgeable and helpful Customer Service

jinaw
12/6/12

I bought Barnes & Noble Nook The Simple Touch Reader several month ago and I want to share my experience. In my mind it is a good reading machine with lots of advantages. Its E Ink display is perfect, the quality of image is almost like paper book and it allows comfortable reading even in bright sun. I also enjoy the way how the menu is organized as well as speed of browsing and page turns. However, the battery life is only several days although it is declared to be over 2 month. Because of this I don't take this eReader in a long trips.
Except for this issue with the battery capacity it is a great ebook at a great price.

amadnav
11/11/12

They always ship faster than expected. I have never had a problem with a return or an item purchased. Definitely my go-to place for books and related materials. I order from them all the time, and will go so far as to look up someone's wishlist on another site and order from Barnes & Nobel instead.

conniew7
10/25/12

They have great free apps for the Nook that we got for our daughter, and its really easy to load their products to your device.

denisel8
10/16/12

I love the amount of reviews of books. I like the suggestions they make based on your input. Having the ability to get used books from this site also it convenient.

kellya6
3/4/12

I ordered beats studio by dre. As a. Gift for my husbands birthday. I received the package 1day befor the party. I notice that the box was a lil tampered so i opened it to find that there were no head phones I immediately called c/s an spoke to a supervisor. She offerd to send me out another pair. But I refused it, being that there was such short notice. So she kindly credited back my card with the amount of $326.60 I had it the next day. I think that there b&n are vary kind. Its just ups or fedex that's taking advantage of it

teresah5
1/19/12

ordered a few books and were shipped very quickly. Excellent experience

omegar
11/2/11

Excellent site and excellent for obtaining books of various kinds. I have found a slight contrast between Barnes and Noble and Amazon.com in that the images of certain books are sometimes not uploaded on Amazon.com as they are for Barnes and Noble. This is of course from my own personal experience.

They are well known, recognized and trusted. Let's hope they stay that way especially in terms of efficient deliveries of books.

johns170
8/14/11

I like this site, they have had every book I was looking for so far and at a reasonable price.

joannen
Veteran Reviewer
7/28/11

Love this site!!!-They have a great selection and seem to always be running a promotion. I also signed up for the two month free trial membership and recieved free express shipping with this company. I have ordered books and DVD's from Barnes and Noble.They inform you of when your order ships and with express shipping it usually arrives within a few short days. Be aware that shipping can take longer if the item isn't available but they will tell you this upon ordering. Membership after the two free months is $25 annually if you choose to remain in the club.

anitac1
6/22/11

i placed my order on 6/19/2011. i had an emergency,so aftee midnight i waned to cancel my order. i got a response the next evening,saying they couldn't cancel my order because it was already shipped. there is no delivery on sunday,and i still had the option to cancel. they lied to me,and switched my account around. i have proof of our correspondance - when they decided to email me back.my bank is disputing this problem. i also contacted the better business beauru, federal trade center, and internet crime complaint center ( ic3. ) i wish i coud take these people to court. this is not a respectable website like people say it is. thank you.

karend4
6/18/11

I've always loved Barnes and Noble! The online store is really convenient and I get my books in a timely fashion!

tn1
EXPERT
4/27/11

I've ordered a couple of children's books through B&N's website and had them delivered to the recipients. Didn't run into any problems. I only wish Barnes & Noble would update their website look though it could be my being accustomed to Amazon's cleaner look.

megg
2/17/11

I love books, actual hold in your hands, preferably hardcover, books. I do not, however love the high prices of said hardcover books. Barnes and Noble gives me the option of buying used, and I have never gone wrong doing so. A few of the books I have ordered were actually new with only a tiny tear or slight wear on the dust jacket, and were only a fraction of the price they would have been had I ordered them as "new". Did I mention almost overnight service even though I didn't click it? Fast, fast, fast.

cindym6
2/10/11

I got a Nook for Christmas and have really enjoyed it. I have already downloaded several books. It is lightning fast and has been problem free. The Barnes & Nobles site is a little hard to navigate. It takes me a while each time to remember how to navigate their site. This may be more of a reflection on me, than Barnes & Nobles but it is worth mentioning. They also send out lots of emails. I am not a fan of stores I have ordered from sending unsolicited emails and I rarely read them. The prices for the downloaded books are about $9.00 to $13.00 and of course you don't have to have them shipped so you save money there. I got a Nook for Christmas and have really enjoyed it. I have already downloaded several books. It is lightning fast and has been problem free. The Barnes & Nobles site is a little hard to navigate. It takes me a while each time to remember how to navigate their site. This may be more of a reflection on me, than Barnes & Nobles but it is worth mentioning. They also send out lots of emails. I am not a fan of stores I have ordered from sending unsolicited emails and I rarely read them. The prices for the downloaded books are about $9.00 to $13.00 and of course you don't have to have them shipped so you save money there.

chuckc1
EXPERT
1/21/11

I wanted to share a recent shopping experience. I was looking to buy three books and ship them internationally (to Taiwan). I also wanted these books as soon as possible. I started with Amazon since that's where I usually order my books (and use the free shipping option within the US). When I looked at shipping to Taiwan, I saw that the fastest international shipping option for my books would be around $75 (and the total for the 3 books was only $100). So I looked around.

On Barnes and Noble, the fastest express international shipping cost me ~$50 so I was able to save over $20. So, when you are shopping for things online, check not only the prices of the items, but also the prices for different shipping options because it can matter a lot. (For the slowest international shipping option, Amazon was cheaper.) Be sure to shop around for each situation.