US Government's NSF
donnal5

62 Reviews for 6pm.com

▼ Sort by: recent

4/17/14

This is a legitimate website!!!
I am the pickiest, most efficient online buyer I know, and YES they are owned by Zappos, YES Zappos is owned by Amazon, and NO that does not mean that they, too, will have out-of-this-world quality or service. Think of it as the TJMax or the Ross of Amazon: Their products are likely at a lower price because they get deals with manufacturers-- possibly for defects or "seconds". And honestly, what are you complaining about at the price? You get what you pay for, so stop acting expecting silk napkins at McDonalds!!!
NOW, for my order:
I ordered on a weekend, I got my order in two parts; the first package arrived 3 days after ordering, the second one arrived 5 days after ordering. Everything was in there. All the brands were legit. I ordered brands such as Steve Madden, Lucky, the North Face, and LRG. All of it fit exactly the way I expected it to on the two people I ordered for--call me skilled at estimating sizes and actually checking charts, I suppose. But, yeah! I'll take a moment to jump on here and let y'all know this place can be trusted.

They don't let people review products. Annoying slightly, but only because it takes an extra few seconds to pull up an extra browser tab and look up the brand for a review somewhere else. I imagine they don't have that available as of now because a bunch of scared consumers who give them hundreds of dollars in a shoe shopping frenzy get a little scared after their stuff takes longer than 10 days (because they didn't know you aren't supposed to count weekends OR the time between order conf. and shipping conf.) and they start to write severe comments all over the place.

And the customer service...what can I say. They're small. You get what you pay for. Want somebody to roll out a red carpet? GO to AMAZON, then. But if you're just looking for legitimate crap to show up at your doorstep and you know how to measure your damn self (or you've already tried it on somewhere else--yeah, that's an actual thing.) Go ahead and order. Your money is going to a real business and you will receive real stuff.

4/16/14

I've been shopping at 6pm for at least 7 years now and I just love their great deals. They also have a pretty darn good inventory and free shipping too. Besides that, I recently contacted them because a pair of slippers I got for my granddaughter were defective and I hoped I could return them with a prepaid label instead of paying for the return shipping as I usually do when I need to return things to them; well, not only did they respond quickly but they said that since they didn't have the item for an exchange they would simply credit my original form of payment and I could donate the item or do whatever chose with it. That is a company I will always return to again and again. I'm happy - what more is there to say.

4/4/14

i just found this site, i ordered 3 pairs of shoes, all kitten heels since i have a damaged knee and i am 5'8". the shoes are adorable and sexy, they arrived in a timely manner, and i found the customer service people to be profesional and very pleasant. i will order from them again

4/2/14

I'm really regretting the order I placed last night after reading all of these reviews. And the good ones sound a little too good to be true (were you people paid?! LOL)! I typically read reviews before any online purchase, but for some reason I didn't with this. However, for only $24, I suppose it was worth the risk. I don't know the laws, but NO ONE should be paying return shipping if they received an item they did not order. Sounds like this company is going to have a class action lawsuit if they don't stop charging shipping on items they should have never shipped to you in the first place. Why should a consumer pay for their mistake? If I ordered something that said it was leather, and that is not what I received, why is that my fault? Why should I be out any money? Stop giving in to this company and fight them. Even if s/h is only a few bucks, it is the principal of the matter! The expense should be on the business not the consumer! Why are we paying for their errors?

3/27/14

I ordered a pair of boots in size 5 ½ and 6pm shipped the incorrect size “5 times”! Each time I received the incorrect size (including 7 ½, 8 ½, 9 ½, 7 ½ again, and another 7 ½ the 5th time), I called customer service, they apologized, and reordered the correct size to be shipped to me. Eventually, a customer service supervisor refused to replace the shoes with the correct size, since they had no way of guaranteeing I would receive the correct size. No discount or alternative was offered for a different pair of shoes. To add insult to injury, my refund will take 10 business days – it has been a month since my original order.
The worst online shopping experience ever!

3/25/14

SELLING PLASTIC SHOES AS LEATHER????!!!!

The item I ordered was Steve Madden M-Mott, SKU: #8063706, Color: Black, size: 11.5, width: D - Medium. Product information for this item is listed as Pebbled leather upper. The item just arrived. It's not leather, it's polyurethane! That is not leather, that’s plastic.

I also ordered Steve Madden M-Ashby, SKU: #8063699, Color: Black, size: 11.5, width: D – Medium. Product information for this item is listed as leather upper. The item just arrived. It's not leather, it's polyurethane! No leather, also plastic.

The items I purchased were leather, the items I received were plastic.

This company is selling PLASTIC as leather!

2/10/14

This website is AMAZING! I cannot tell enough people about it. I typically buy shoes on their site, but have recently started by clothes and have been just as satisfied. First, they have major designers always on sale (I bought Frye boots for $150 originally $400+), their sale prices range from 30 to 75% off. Second, they give you free delivery and it has never taken me longer than 3 days to receive my items. Third, they have tons of inventory, you can find whatever you need on that site.

2/6/14

I generally don't fill these out but I've had a wonderful experience with this company. I was sent merchandise that was slightly defective (difficult to tell until you put them on as they were vibram 5 fingers) and I got an almost immediate response from customer service. They resolved the issue right away and credited me for the item. It's tough because they do not offer exchanges, as many have mentioned, but the customer service I've experienced is far superior to most online companies. As others have said, be sure of what you're getting, and you can find some great deals!

1/25/14

Good experience with them, I did recently have a purchase that was shipped and never received. The biggest problem with it was the time-frame on the refund and the fact that I couldn't order the same thing again cause it was out of stock.

1/19/14

I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews. I ordered 3 pairs of kids shoes and a shirt for my son. Fast shipping and the order was right. Will buy again from them.

1/17/14

My husband and I were getting ready for our vacation and we needed some better shoes for him. He ordered 3 pair of shoes, all of which were correct, fit perfectly, and were very nice quality. Also, the shipping was quite fast, we were very pleased. Being so happy with the purchase, I decided to get my daughter's bathing suit and a couple of pairs of sandals from them as well to complete her wardrobe for the vacation, and I ordered within plenty of time. I waited, and waited, and waited. I kept careful track of my items online and saw that they weren't budging. It was about 2 days before my vacation after I had given them more than enough time that I contacted them and let them know my items had not yet arrived. I spoke to a lady first. She was very bland and non-helpful. It almost seemed like I was bothering her being on the phone. After I had no idea what she was talking about and got tired of dealing with her, I simply thanked her, hung up, and called back hoping for someone else. I spoke with a much nicer gentleman who was very helpful. I can't remember his name as of right now, but he did a quick check and told me that my items had been lost in the mail. He said if they didn't arrive by a certain time (which would be after the vacation) that they would give me a refund. I had to go get my daughter new items somewhere else, which I was upset about because I really wanted what I saw on their site instead of what I had to buy. We went on vacation, came back, and the items of course still hadn't arrived. Obviously at this point, I didn't need them, so I just called them and let them know I needed a refund. Thankfully, I got the same gentleman on the phone this time as I did before. He promptly apologized for the inconvenience and issued me a refund. I got the refund back quickly, but I am obviously not happy with the fact that the customer service isn't consistent and that I didn't get what I had paid for at all. As far as my experience, I would say 6pm is hit or miss, and just make sure if you're ordering for any special event or have a deadline to order well ahead of time so if you have any issues, you can get them resolved before it's time.

1/17/14

This is the worst site I have ever ordered from. Though they do have good prices, they don't send you the correct items. I ordered a pair of Frye boots, and when I opened the box I immediately saw that they were the wrong boots. Not even Frye boots, not genuine leather. They feel very cheap and look terrible. I called customer service and explained how disappointed I was, and their response was, "I am very sorry. We get many calls like this." If you get many calls with the same issue, don't you think you should try to fix your issues??? Seriously, I am beyond disappointed. Also, he stated that it will take nearly a month to get my money refunded to me. THIS SITE IS A JOKE!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! I will never order from them again.

1/16/14

I have ordered 4 times from this site and TWO of the four times, they sent me the wrong item. Nothing even CLOSE to what I ordered. The first one, they wouldn't give me a refund until I sent item back and IIIII HAD TO PAY THE RETURN SHIPPING. I thought it must have been a fluke, and ordered again from them because they have a wide array of swimwear. This time, wrong item again, only apologized for the inconvenience, IS paying for the return, but now what I orig ordered is not available!
They really REALLY STINK.

1/4/14

Good site, good variety in shoes, easy site to find what you are looking for...Sometimes a bit expensive, but at the same time there are affordable shoes...

1/3/14

After at least a half dozen purchasing experiences, I have found 6pm to have good products, as described, very fair pricing and accurate / timely shipping. A definite recommend!

12/11/13

I ordered two pairs of shoes on their site for my girlfriend on a Saturday night, and four days after(wed), they were delivered to my house. They shoes looked exactly like what I ordered online,eventhough i thought the finishing on one of them could have been much better but hey for that discounted price, no qualms, i was satisfied. I'll do business again with them in the nearest future.

12/11/13

I've ordered for them multiple times at different times of the year, and the product is high-quality and prices are great. Granted, you need to do a bit of homework (I read product reviews and compare pricing before buying), but if you find a great deal then you get more than you pay for. I've not had any problems with their shipping or customer service, and would buy from them again in the future.

12/4/13

They overcharged me and refuse to refund the overage! And to return the items I would have to pay return shipping! Horrible customer service!

11/22/13

I wanted shoes on Zappos but didn't have enough. Then I found 6pm. I didn't know about the price changes as the item I was looking at did not have its price changed so I guess that varies. compared to Zappos the selection is a lot smaller and the chance of 6pm having the same item isn't that high. However, I was eyeing a similar item on a Sunday and then decided to to buy it on the following Wednesday....no longer holding my size anymore. Shoes at a discount go really fast. Other than that, same service you could expect from Zappos.

11/14/13

Great prices, great product, great selection. Fast and free shipping. I've bought more than 20 pairs of shoes from 6PM.com and have complete confidence in them. And they give added discounts when you buy to a certain leve with you.

11/9/13

I ordered 2 extra small North Face women jackets for my daughters. One was brand new with all the original tags. And the other one I recived had no tags, lint all over it was clearly used. I am shocked and very upset. I will never shop with them again.

11/9/13

I love shoes. My friend told be about this website... Great brands, good prices... I even ordered my wedding shoes in rhinestones from them.., I got them for 40$ when in wedding stores the same brand was close to 400$... They were the same shoes, original box as well as fabric bag for this specific brand.., I was so impressed with fast delivery, free shipping as well prices.. When you love shopping, you have to find the best deal for every pair.

10/31/13

They are terrible!!!!!!!!! They ship for free but gouge you in returns. It's just a big scam. Don't ever shop there.

Apprentice Reviewer
10/23/13

ordered some Osiris skate shoes, they fit great, got the shoes in time for Christmas. I love their return policy too, but didn't need it, im a happy shopper.

10/17/13

I received a wrong item but decided keep it since I have to pay return shipping cost even they messed up my order. (The item I ordered was dirt cheap but still..) I loved 6pm but won't shop there again.

10/1/13

Awesome online shopping experience, north face jacket was as advertised sizing correct and the item was shipped fast! Will definitely shop this site again!

9/21/13

This site sucks! I planned on purchasing two pairs of boots, but when I got on the site the next day the price had tripled. Really? What a hoax. I recently ordered a Marc Jacobs bracelet for $100 and when I received it, the clasp had scratches all over it and the inside of the bracelet looked as if it had been used. I returned it today and I have to pay to ship it back even though it's their fault for selling a scratched item. I'm hoping there won't be any issues with them refunding my money in a timely fashion like other posters have stated. I will not purchase from 6 pm again.

9/12/13

The Frye short boots I purchased here were on sale at the site (price went up almost immediately after I ordered), so the price was terrific for these usually $300+ boots. But when they arrived, they were not exactly a pair in color. I'm suspecting at least one of the shoes was a second because of the crooked stamp on the sole and some color blotches. The shipping was fast and the boots are near enough in color that I might keep them, just to avoid the high charge of sending them back! I'm on the fence about this place, as it was my first order and I leaped before I read the reviews. But saving a lot on decent-quality Fryes that will last a long time might make me keep them. I'd return them to Nordstrom or Zappos in a heartbeat and get another pair better matched. It's a hard call, and seeing how many other reviewers got skunked at this website, I'd say CAVEAT EMPTOR.

9/8/13

Used to be a great place to get deals but the last pair of shoes I ordered came in two different sizes. I'm a size 7 and the right shoe was 8. I requested a return which I had to pay for myself! Lost $10 because of their mistake. I don't think the customer service nor the people who pack and ship out the items are accountable for their mistakes if the customer has to pay for ALL returns even if its their mistake. Do not buy from them, they are very unreliable.

8/30/13

I ordered a swimsuit and it was exactly as described- I love it. It came in 5 days. However it was too big so I ordered the smaller size and will return one. I received great customer service and am very happy with my purchase and with the service.

8/17/13

I purchased Josef Seibel boots in a size 42 (11 in US) and received a 37 (about a 6-7 in US). When I called they said that they were out of stock... I called them off saying that they never planned on sending the right size because they never had it in the first place and wanted to charge me the $82 and then I would have to wait the 2 weeks for my money to be returned. The customer service rep ADMITTED that they never had the size 11 that I purchased!!!! Be very careful with 6pm.com. Imagine if they do this to 10% of their clients -- they are making a fortune off of our money!!! Without paying finance charges for working with our hard earned dollars!!!!!

8/2/13

Beware. Scammers. Horrible customer service. I ordered a jacket and they sent me the wrong size. When I called them up, the guy I spoke with said that all he could do was a refund. He would not swap it out for the correct size since they had no more!!! When I asked for maybe a different color, he said he was not authorised to sell items, and when I asked him to connect me to somebody who could, he hung up on me!!!

7/30/13

Love this site!!! I love dc shoes our whole family wears them but looking for a good deal on them, saw this site n they have a good selection for a good price. Got them super fast and love the fact they don't charge shipping. The shoes where exactly what I wanted very pleased. So then when fathers day rolled around around I thought about this site bought a wallet and a dc belt. My husband loves them and the leather on both items is a very good quality. Love, love, love this site I really recommend buying from this site.

7/28/13

This company Customer Service has much to be desired. They posted an Item on sale for one very good price. When I went to purchase this item. the price tripled. I sent an email calling them on this posting and was told "we don't price match" it was their own link! Customer Service was ABSOLUTELY no help. I asked to be provided with a Corporate Phone Number and was told "We are not allowed to give out that information" So people be aware that this American Based Company WILL NOT negotiate in good faith with it's customers or potential customers.

7/22/13

Amazing site I purchased some shorts from here and they were 25 dollars cheaper here than anywhere else! Shipping was free and they arrived promptly. I will go to 6pm.com again to shop.

7/13/13

I ordered 2 pairs of shoes from 6 pm. I thought I was really getting a bargain. The Lisa for Donald Pliner are so cheaply made I can't believe a Pliner shoe would be so shabby. If they are real they are made in China so it says on the inside of this tacky shoe. I've bought Donald Pliner before and they are a quality shoe. These have to be fake if they aren't I'm disappointed and will never buy another shoe made by them.
The second pair were Softo's. there was a small sticker placed on the side of the shoe to show where they were not stitched properly. These have to be seconds. Please don't buy from 6pm. They represent something they are not. Wish I had known they were selling poor quality shoes. Shame on them.

6/27/13

I bought three pairs of shoes from this company in May 2013. The shoes were all sent in the same shipping box and they did not fit. I paid to ship the shoes back in the same shipping box. 6pm.com sent me an email that they had received two of the shoes and confirmed that I would be refunded for the two pairs that had been received. However, when I contacted customer service to complain, I was told to provide a tracking number for the third pair of shoes. Why would I need a tracking number when two of the shoes in the package had been received by them? I could not find a tracking number for the shipment and 6pm.com have continued to cycle through various customer service names on their emails, claiming that I have already been assisted, meanwhile nothing has been done. Please stay away from this seller, they are crooks! They find ways to dupe you through their non-friendly shipping returns policy. Better to spend a few more bucks and purchase shoes from a more reputable and trust worthy company with free returns.

5/29/13

3 strikes -they're out! For the third time, orders I've received from this site came in waaay too small, despite my having ordered either the correct size or one up. How can this be a coincidence? Todays shirts were Robert Graham-in size XXL, which my husband wears because he likes them loose. He tried them on and they are skin tight! Now I have to ship them back at my expense. Not worth the "savings". I'll stick to Neiman's from now on. Lesson learned.

5/12/13

Love this site for shoesI They have other items but so far have only purchased several pairs of shoes and sandals. The quality is great, the prices are even better and shipping is quick as possible. Cannot beat this site especially when they have sales.

5/10/13

I ordered a beautiful dress from this website, it was simple quick and easy. Shipping was fast. I was lucky enough to get free 3-day shipping that day so that was a plus. The dress was exactly as described and true to size. overall I had a nice shopping experience and would shop there again.

Apprentice Reviewer
5/7/13

I've ordered from 6pm.com four or five times now and have had no problems in the least.
The only real complaint is if you call in, it sounds like you're talking to someone at home with their kids. That could have just been younger sounding people giggling in the background, but I don't know for sure.
The sizing at the site uses the manufacturers sizing guides which aren't always true to size so you have to check that.
The down side to this site is the prices change constantly. If something is purchased, that causes that same item to go up in price slightly because it's considered IN DEMAND. So if you bookmark it or put it in your cart at one price and come back the next day, it might be more expensive.
It's a crap shoot.
Overall, I'd use them again.

4/11/13

I cannot believe how hard it is to buy a shoe! 6pm which is part of your company is doing complete false advertising on a google Ad. To top it off all they do when you email is NOT respond? When you call all you get is apologies with no solution and lies? Apparently their system could not receive the domains @yahoo and @aol?? What is this a joke? All I want is to buy a shoe as a birthday present. Wasted my time today for 40 minutes just to be told I would be called back in 72 hours??! I need to speak to SOMEONE WHO CARES NOW. The link is below clearly showing the price and the link takes me to the site and the prices changes. Is this bait and switch? Or false advertising? I spoke to Holly and Vin today who were no help at all. Why would you put someone on the phone that cannot make a solution in the first place. I would rather give my money to amazon which is a machine because quite frankly having a live rep doesn't help anyways. I need a call explaining this nonsense.

4/11/13

Purchased jacket via paypal, was charged more than stated on my confirmation page which was admittedly for tax, but this wasn't indicated prior to hitting purchase button. Couldn't stop the order from shipping, and then had to pay for return shipment despite numerous calls and emails. Will never use again.

3/12/13

This site has a lot of good deals. It is great for buying items at a discounted price. I bought a couple of dresses and some shoes. I ended up returning one of the dresses, because it didn't fit right. It is never fun returning an item, but after the hassle of mailing it out, I received my money back without a problem.

2/5/13

For quick and easy full returns and good customer service. I got some shoes with a defective zipper, was issued a return mailer, and given a refund quickly. They made amistake with the refund and didnt refund the original shipping, but when I called they immediately fixed the problem.

1/13/13

Bought a pair of jeans didn't fit me :/ so they made me pay to send it back ! Also it's been a month and two weeks and I haven't hear from them or a refund they said they were working on it to refund my money but I haven't got anything is almost 1 mont 3 weeks and they keep ignoring m y calls or emails! Bad costumer service !

10/2/12

6pm went above and beyond with their customer service. Sadly, I was shipped the wrong size shoes but 6pm did everything right in turning what could have been a bad situation (we've all dealt with those sites!) into what should be the business model for all shopping sites. Not only were they extremely apologetic about their error, the representative, as we spoke, created a new order to be sent it out before I even had a chance to even pack up the wrong ones. Here is the above and beyond...I was not expected to pay for the correct ones and wait for them to receive the wrong ones to credit my credit card!
Now with free shipping I love 6pm!

7/13/12

I found this site a little by accident because I was trying to find a swimsuit I really wanted but at a discount. I found it on 6pm.com for a great price in my size and was super excited. But, because I'm naturally skeptical, I thought this was too good to be true. I checked out the reviews on SJ and saw that pretty much all the reviews were positive. I went ahead with my order and I am so happy I did! Not only was the price of the item great, but shipping was FREE (unheard of for a site of this nature) and it arrived very quickly. My item was in perfect condition.

Also, I had a customer service issue with logging in (which was completely my fault, by the way) so I called their customer service line. I waited a few minutes, but that is to be expected. The girl who helped me was so kind and helpful I wanted to hug her.

The verdict: I am in love with this website.

4/25/12

Great prices and great deals! I found better prices here than on any other site! Free 2 day shipping!

4/16/12

Good for sale items, but sometimes you have to be patient and they sometimes have very limited sizes.

About 6pm