Member since September 2017
- Reviews 1
- First to Review 0
- Very Helpful 2
- Funny 0
- Fraud Buster 0
- Great Find 0
- Well Said 0
- Thank Yous 0
- Fans 0
- Profile Views 113
I have been using this for almost a year now. It's honestly nothing special, just a messaging program with read receipts. Sadly, that's where the pros seem to end.
* Full of ads, including redirecting ads and fullscreen ads that are disruptive.
* Email notifications don't work right, either tell you a message is there when there isn't or doesn't tell you when there is one.
* Sometimes marks messages you haven't read as read by you. This happens sometimes if you are reading a mesaage on a thread and another is sent, or when you are not even logged in.
* For text notifications, you will be charged $0.05 (as of this writing). For parents who have abusive and narcissistic coparents, this can and will be abused. Plus charging for a notification when they already don't work right is bad business practices.
* Forced paywall if you don't download attachments within the tiny timeframe.
* $4.99 a month of $49.99 a year to remove ads and use the app, which has poor ratings and hardly works. This seems like exploitation, especially when the court orders you to use this program.
* For $3.99 you can buy PDF court records, something that should be free, and can be done with a Print2PDF driver. They only allow you 24 hours to download it too. So if you misplace the file, get ready to fork over more money.
Overall, with this program being forced upon parents like myself, this seems like clear exploitation to me. Its clunky and slow and full of ads. If you are given an option to use Talking Parents, one word of advice: say no!
Anony Has Earned 2 Votes
Anony M.'s review
of TalkingParents earned 2 Very Helpful votes
Anony hasn’t received any thanks yous.
Anony doesn’t have any fans yet.
Anony isn’t following anybody yet.
Similar Reviewers on Sitejabber
Basically, my experience with Talking Parents has been sending messages to the father, he reads...
With all due respect to everyone complaining (especially when the reasons why this app is being...