Review of Zimber

1 Review From Our Community

suniln7
10/2/17

Zimber- what a rip off

I had solicited the services of Zimber for certain plumbing issues plaguing my house.

Their response was immediate , albeit with catchy phrases such as " Zimber Champ " will be at your place at 11 AM. He will carry out a study of the works to be undertaken and give an estimate etc. etc.

Suffice to say the " Zimber Champ" did turn up at haif past eleven and seriously he looked anything but a champ. If not for the fact that I was informed that he would be coming, I would have mistaken him for a local goon, with earring and what not. He proceeded to interview me on the repair works to be undertaken. At the outset it all sounded very prof. But lingering deep within was the thought that an act was being puo

There was no estimate and the resigned look on his face made me think he had a date with his girl and I was going to delay that pleasure.

The best was yet to come. In place of the Estimate he proceeded to hand me his personal plumber card, with a off the cuff remark that if were to have any such requirements in future , I should solicit his service , rather than a fancy MNC with exhorbitant charges.

Thereafter sensing my lack of amusement , he proceeded with the work.

For a particular problem he proceeded to educate me of the requirement of a very specific spanner which to my utter dismay he did not carry in his tool bag, meaning the job would stay undone. So much for "champs".

All works done the apprehensive moment had arrived. I don't know about you , in my case I have always been wary of people who do not give you an indication of the same upfront. The worst wheeler dealer says " give me whatever you feel like saar " .. He is a full blown Japanese samurai, waiting to skin you should you take the bait and quote him a figure that matches your intelligence and experience.

Anyways to cut the story short , the champ rattled out a figure that almost took my breath away. No wanting to partake of his company any further, I requested for a receipt to which he promptly replied, the same would be sent to me via sms. I was not convinced of the manner in which the transaction was being carried out. Nevertheless as it was well past lunch time I paid up and saw the champ to the door. In parting he graciously impressed upon me to ping him in the event of any issues.

Late in the evening my wife was shocked to see , the entire work area flooded due to a leaking pipe repaired in the morning.

Promptly I called the champ to apprise him of the situation and requesting if he could address the issue immediately since both my washing machine and my dishwasher were connected to the said tap. He promised to come the next day at 9:30 in the morning.

I cancelled my engagement for the day and waited in anticipation for the champ. At 11 AM , I gave him a call. He picked up and on questioning why he had not come till then, he told me in an condescending tone..." It's raining saar" , it almost sounded like " you moron can't you see it's raining ". Thereafter I tried a couple of times , he never picked my calls.

As of my writing the time is 6: pm. The leak is very much present. The champ has not responded .

Suffice to say Zimber and his champ have made me poorer by a couple of thousand rupees , totally unprofessional with scant if not nil regard to customer service.

It's been a week since. No response from Zimber.The tap has been repaired by my "local Champ" . So much for these so called professional " Champs".

Questions? Get answers from the Zimber staff and other customers.

Zimber?