Review of Zibbet

Narellan, NSW 2567, Australia
Tel: -

yils
2/3/19

I love my Zibbet shop, let me tell you... i´m a Etsy shop owner since 2015 and my store doesn´t look so beautiful as the one on Zibbet. The customer service is great, although the sales are not like Etsy i had a few sales per month (I opened my store a year ago) I work really hard in order to bring traffic to my shop so is not only create a listing and wait for sales, it is about how much work you do.
I totally recommend it ;) My shop is LythiumArt from Venezuela, you are welcome!

ded9
6/7/18

Just opened my shop. So far I love the communication with Zibbet and how easy is was to transfer my listings from another market to this one. There is room for improvement, such as adding forums. I purchased a month so far but going to make it a year subscription. I hope to see Zibbet grow bigger.

floraz2
5/2/18

I just became a seller inside zibbet, i was worried i wouldn't sell, but now i sold 4 dresses, i am happy for this, also no transaction fee!

jennym6
3/2/18

So I make art and crafts. Decided many years ago to try selling online. Started out on ebay. NOT the place to sell hand made art of any kind. Great for some things, just not this. Then along came a new one, etsy. "All things handmade." And at first they were great. They slowly they started doing dumber and dumber things. Support for sellers vanished. They never did have a phone. They got so greedy and dumb I moved my two shops to one of many new sites emerging since etsy, one called Artfire. And at first they were great. They had a PR person who was just fantastic at both explaining what changes will mean to sellers and why, AND at getting your listings out there. Now this is very important to anyone selling on these huge sites. Sure the site is huge, but your little corner on it is microscopic.
I would do regular searches online for stuff similar to what I make just to see who shows up. Ebay, etsy, Artfire all showed up in google shopping. Zibbet? NEVER.
NOT ONCE. Try it if you don't believe me. What ever item you like, try searching for it. Do you see Zibbet anywhere?

The worst thing, like all these sites, they have their own forum boards. These are only used by people with accounts. Sellers. I posted asking why Artfire shows up in search engines but not Zibbit and was banned from the forums. And no one would ever answer me as to why, for how long, let alone answer the question posted.

So. ebay, not the place for art.
Etsy. greed rules. People still do well there, but be warned, they are a greedy lot and have put in place more ways to lead a shopper OFF your shop than anyone.
Artfire also got bit by the greedy bug and started slapping adds all over our listings.
Want my beautiful hand made pen? Click here for some cheap made in china junk.
All scattered through the product description. I counted 13 on one page alone.
That great PR guy they had bailed. Should have been my first sign things were going down hill.
Zibbet? NO support for me. I never really moved a lot of stuff to them and never will. Banning a seller your hoping to make money off of just for posting a question in their forum board is really beyond stupid. And all for just mentioning another site? They could have deleted the post and sent me a warning. I never knew because every other site didn't have a problem with mentioning the competition in their seller only forums. I sent numerous emails asking about this and never got a reply. I finally removed the few items I did have listed and deleted my account.

Advice shoppers? It's not the site you need to worry about. This is just a venue to connect you with someone selling something. So "support" for you means contacting the seller and see how it goes.
But sellers? Honest, it's worth the investment to just build your OWN site. It will take a lot longer to "get it out there" but once you do, it's yours. Under your control, and no greedy heartless CEO can ruin your business. All these venue sites are just a big gamble. Don't spend too much to find out everything I just said is true.

waleedm6
2/13/18

i buy college textbooks PDF eBooks at Cheap form website
you can buy by link

johannec1
1/17/18

Although I did not continue on with this site, I can't speak highly enough of their customer support. Every query was answered promptly.
I loved the look of my site, but circumstances stopped me from continuing.
As with any personal website, seller needs to do some promotion of their own. This is not like ebay and Etsy where you can just leave it all up to them. So much less in fees, but need to work on own exposure. In my view, this site is a great alternative to having your own website, not so much an alternative to Ebay or Etsy where you pay high fees for far greater exposure.
I am happy with this site, and will give it another go when I have more opportunity to give it my all.

debbiec129
9/28/17

I paid for a premium zibbet account so I could sell my products on their website. After disappointing results I decided to cancel my annual subscription in 2013. They're still charging my paypal account! How many times do I have to tell them?!? If you're thinking about using Zibbet I would think twice!

elizabethm233
9/22/17

I asked Zibbet to close my shop for about a year and they are still charging me for a shop I do not have any more

theresal14
5/20/16

Disillusioned by the changes at Etsy and declining sales, I joined Zibbet. I'd never heard of Zibbet before, but I figured its good not put all my eggs in one basket and Etsy started somewhere too. I figured maybe Zibbet was on the verge of becoming something big and I was getting in while the getting was good.

Nope. I was wrong. I opened by Zibbet shop on Dec 5. As of today, I have less than 200 views and no sales. For the same period on Etsy, I had 22,274 views, 68 sales and revenue of $4888. My sales on Etsy may be on the decline, but at least I'm getting sales, which is more than I can say about Zibbet. It burns me to think that I upgraded from the free Zibbet category just so I could see the dismal Zibbet stats. I'll be cancelling when my year membership is up.

nataliep27
11/15/15

I opened a shop on Zibbet about 2 1/2 years ago. My Zibbet shop was opened within a month of my Etsy shop. So both opened about the same time.

It was promised by several Zibbet emails, messages, forums, etching, that it would exceed Etsy's 'status' and would become the new and improved Etsy with an increase in sales vs Etsy.

Here I am, almost 3 years later...Zibbet sales, 3, Etsy sales around 300! Along with over 200 some 5 star ratings.

I had to dump my 'elite' year membership fees for Zibbet when they unexpectedly charged us for another year we did not want to pay for even when we sent a letter stating we no longer wanted the premium acct. That took a while to sort out and get our money back.

So my shop is still up, just not under the premium membership, (which made no difference at all) and actually I forgot I had a shop there for a while until I read some of these posts. (And was secretly charged for another year).

Im still making sales on Etsy. I haven't checked my Zibbet page in SEVERAL months until recently, I STILL find no sales (except the story below), a whole new 'navigation system that I can't figure out, and a sale for one of my custom made products that I actually made just to find out that the person never paid.

That was over 8 mths ago and it still shows up under 'not shipped' which makes my shop look bad

To get to my point, plain and simple...WHATEVER HAPPPENED to this new Zibbet site 'promising to surpass Esty within a year or so...which was said almost 3 years ago? The time AND money I spent on Zibbet is something I will NEVER GET BACK.

What happened to the new 'revolutionary' site that would surpass Etsy and help home businesses thrive? I wasted more money than I made.

****UPDATE****2 days after my review they FINALLY sent me an email about their new and improved relaunch (4yrs in the making) and to be honest....I haven't even looked at my site yet because I could care less. That's how much that site means. $79 down the drain, wait $9 in sales...so $70 gone. Why even bother looking when nothing has even happened for 3 years since I opened it?

maryj111
9/10/15

Etsy is a 15 YEAR OLD SITE. Of course they have exposure. Sure they get traffic. But guess what they will screw you. And their CEO IS A TWO FACED SNAKE Who sold out the hand made market and continues to do so.

They let you build up THEIR BUSINESS. (while you neglect your own standalone site) They lull you into false security and then they ERASE YOU. Go ahead, google "my etsy shop got shut down" I know, because they did it to me. I was making about 1,000 a month, and then they shut me down without warning for a non-delivery complaint that had already been REFUNDED. THEY are integrating PayPal so they can WATCH YOU.

ZIBBET is a host. Nothing more. Drive your own traffic, make your own success. Stop blaming the site because you don't do the legwork.

AND GUESS WHAT? ZIBBET HAS A FREE GUEST CHECKOUT. Your customers do not have to even sign up for an account there to buy from you. Do you know why Etsy still doesn't have a guest checkout after all these years? Because they only want YOUR CUSTOMERS. They don't care about you.

mickyt2
8/22/15

I left etsy because of their increased seller fees and just overall stupidity and unprofessionalism. Zibbet was even worse since I never got not one sale. They are a subsidiary of etsy. You see etsy perfectly designed a subsidiary for sellers who walked away from them...they created zibbet in hopes to steal more money from people.

Zibbet and Etsy are caught. Its only a matter of time before people figure out you shady underhanded dealings. Thats why you are loosing points everyday in the stock market and decline in sales. Dont worry sales will go down more than 20% in the next few months.

mrm16
4/18/15

Did someone say I'm outie quicker than a C-3 C-YA?
Owners are outright liars....clannish community members are nice as long as you kiss their secret underwear wearing arses.....
very very clique group who act like God loving welcoming Christians but will strike with vicious venom the minute you question their all-mighty CEO's.
No wonder the site has not grown (in all these years even though they make up their own numbers) and in fact is shrinking daily on Google, alexa, etc....the candle is burning so dim....you can see ghosts...Booo-yah!!! ( that is if you continue to give them any more of your hard earned money)
....
shysters who pretend to care & continually waltzing in on the skirt strings of other competitor's blog posts/ perceived problems/on-line posts----hoping to reel in more $ for themselves whilst offering no compensation whatsoever to their sellers other than telling you that you need to change what you are doing if you have no views or sales there Hah
Biggest JOKE ever---worst WASTE of time EVER--even compost is more productive than the Ceo's on this venue ...(even tho they shart in their britches and have hissy fits every time someone questions what they are doing wrong)

Tip for consumers: don't!

ss127
3/17/15

This australian outfit appears to be barn or apartment run. I canceled my Seller account. Outrageous monthly fees for absolutely no usable service. A small clique of seller that promote each other is about as far as the "professional" marketing goes, not something I am willing to pay for.
Hardly any exposure, and highly unprofessional employees that would like you to do the work for them. Knock-off sellers from china appear to be more common than independent artists, crafters and vintage collectors.

In regards to making any money on the site...don't waste your time unless you just enjoy to chit chat in the forums or facebook all day or promoting the zibblet site and not mind paying your monthly "service fee" for exactly that.

And what Kenny B. said in his review: "The views you do get are bots, the sales are totally dismal, the owners control the forums to keep hard questions and complaints off and
troll social media to silence any complaints, they didn't provide the services to bring in buyers that they advertised. They make their money luring in paying sellers not bringing in buyers." - He hit the nail on the head!

arlynr
12/4/14

I love zibbet...not much sale for me yet, but im getting some...i have a life time account as a seller there...i can hang in there...I can send email to Jonathan and he will answer immediately...i think i see future in zibbet...visit some shop and try to buy anything you want...

erika124
11/13/14

We had a zibbet shop for 3 months - no sales. We sell a lot on Etsy!

Our advice: Don't use sites that charge you monthly fee. Once they got your money they don't do enough for you.

Try Etsy.

Thats all

MetamorphQC.com

kimberlys21
10/16/14

I opened my Zibbet store a year ago. I had one sale.
I cancelled the reoccurring payments, and closed my account on 10/10/14.
I got a notification from PayPal this morning that Zibbet had processed a payment for the $79 seller fees. I am NOT happy at all. Thankfully, PayPal is taking care of it, and I'll have the money back with in a week. In the mean time, I am out money needed.

elaineo3
8/4/14

I've been a seller on Zibbet since October and so far have 40 sales. I've always had less than 40 items for sale so I'm sure I would've had more sales if my inventory was built up. So far any question I asked had a response within 24 hours. Resellers are quickly removed so you're not competing with a lot of factory products. For $79 a year and no other fees this is a good site for handmade items.

brief
8/1/14

I know you have never read a review like this. It is most important for Jonathan and Andrew to read. I have been a seller at zibbet for 10 months, with only one true sale. Nobody can say I didn't put the time in either. I have been researching, learning to take great pictures, getting involved in conversations, making items, advertising, blogging, and keeping up a facebook page, working on all this 5-12 hours a day, everyday of the week. Yes, people buy lots of my items, all the time, but not on zibbet, because they have told me its too confusing, and now with the "new zibbet" is even more confusing! They look and are gone. Yes, my stats are up every month, but that is it. The day, I got a sale on zibbet for a made to order item. It was shut down for about 2 days for a "new zibbet". Thank goodness I had already had another way to contact the customer.
Remember how I said, I got the year for all the extras. Well the "new zibbet", doesn't have the extras right now that I used all of time. It was the reason I got the year!
Once I said I am moving to Etsy, I am now picking up more business, and attention.
I have gone through hundreds of shops on zibbet and found that they have many sellers, but have you really looked at the shops? They have little or no sales, some have 1-3 items, some have 20+ pages of items with no sales, some websites just advertise on the site not selling. My business hasn't been good because of all this, that is why I am moving. The only reason I have stuck around this long, is because I payed for it, but now have had it.
I did contact zibbet and they did nothing, and made me even more mad, zibbet only had excuses.
As I do know a lot about owning a business (not because of this one). I will own a lot more in the future, and none will be run even close to how zibbet is. A little business advice, don't go by the usual 'business rules', the key is going more than an extra mile, even if it cost you more, because in the long run it will very much pay off. No matter if you are a big or small business. Don't see stats, see people. I don't know if you know this, but in social media you are known for not listen, and not fixing problems. That is why you are not becoming more successful.
Zibbet, you should be getting this review; please jump through hoops if you have to, to get this to Jonathan Peacock, and Andrew Gray.
Jonathan, Andrew, I say this with all of my kindness, the way you can make it right to me, is please take my advice to heart. It has been tested and proven that it works. It hurts to see that you haven't challenged yourselves. I don't like seeing people short themselves. I believe everybody should challenge themselves more than this. I challenge you to look over zibbet, your customer service, read every thing that comes into zibbet (yes it is time consuming, but worse every minute), every part, big or small of your company and use that advice within the next year showing a difference. So when you are done reading this, please call a meeting to do so. If I ever had a good experience with zibbet, I would say so, but being completely honest I haven't.
Jonathan, Andrew. I will keep my eye on zibbet to see what is to come. If you make this right, I will come back to zibbet in the future, with many more different shops. I hope this review changes your life in some way. I also challenge you to do something about this if you haven't yet, I'm not saying do what they are asking for, I'm saying make it right. http://anyoldtime.blogspot.com/2014/02/jonathan-peacock-and-andrew-gray-of.html also read August 1, 2014. I did not mean to find this, it just came up typing your name in, but it is an eye opener to everything I have noticed myself. I'm not trying to find negative things, but you need to listen to customers to get the good reviews. You have to work for them. You have bugs in your system, not small either. Everything they say has happened to me within 4 days.
To do this, would be the right thing to do, please show your soft side for a change. Your business depends on it. I am not in my 30s, or 20s yet. You are the example. Recently my grandpa died, and at the funeral all people had to say were nice things about him, because of how he lived his life. Have you ever met one of those people that were nice, loved people, cared, stood up for what they believed in, worked a job in their 90s just to be around and helping people, went over the extra mile for people, do little for themselves, but everything for others, believed their was a good in everyone, never complained about any of their own pain, but when others were in pain you can see it all over their face? Well that was my grandpa. What do you want people to say about you? I hope this gets to you emotionally in some way or another. I am writing this in a public area, because last time I contacted you wasn't productive. I have cared so much to have taken about 3 hours writing this, please don't throw it aside like it is nothing. I will also be sending this to you personally. This could be a huge breakthrough for you, if you just listen. Thank you everyone that reads this for you time.

terric13
Terri C.
7/28/14

As I write this we are awaiting the launch of the new Zibbet site. Previews of it show it be very encouraging, Jonathan and team have listened to the sellers in revamping the site. This administration is very responsive to reports of resellers and mass produced items and keep true to the definition of handmade.

heidiw7
7/24/14

Love zibbet. Has a variety of accounts available, from free, to premium, so there's something for everyone! Friendly support, and I always get replies the same day I send an email!

barbrab
7/24/14

Not all venues are for everyone but since 2009 I know Zibbet is right for me. With hard work on my part, Zibbet works. Excellent attention by owners, no commissions, various extras for premium sellers and all around professionalism. Have they made mistakes? Yes. Have they learned from those errors? Yes. With over 300 sales and trying at least 8 other venues
, I am pleased.

suec20
7/24/14

I am completely pleased with Zibbet. I opened my handcrafted jewelry shop less than a year ago and have actually had more sales than I had hoped. I compared the three major sites and chose Zibbet because they seemed to offer the best membership deal. I chose a Premium shop and locked in my yearly cost for life. Zibbet also does not take a percentage of the sales. I have also had excellent response the few times I've had to contact them with a question or request.

I felt that Artfire, while probably a good site (I've bought from there) didn't fit my shop as well and I ruled out Etsy (I've also bought from there) because as I browsed through the "handcrafted" jewelry I saw much that were cheap mass-produced items.

susier2
7/23/14

As a business owner for more decades than I care to admit...I've had the best service with Zibbet. As opposed to other online sites, ebay, Etsy and others, you can ACTUALLY "speak" with the owners of Zibbet. If you have a problem, only once, I had a customer who never paid for their order. I contacted admin and it was cleared up within 48 hours. (Zibbet is located in Australia and I in the US. Time difference.) That hasn't happened when I've contacted the admin of Etsy. I got their automatic reply and they never fixed the problem. The best thing I did was to leave Etsy. I pay for 2 premium stores at Zibbet and am looking forward to the launch of the new website. Because of my Zibbet stores I've received many custom orders in both of my stores.

donnal35
7/23/14

I have been a Zibbet seller since 2010. I have over 400 recorded sales and have made purchases too. I have never had a problem with any of the purchases I have made and have a 100%+ feedback rating for my own sales. I am a fervent supporter of Zibbet and have nothing but good things to say about my experience there.

Yes, that would be a Zibbet website. Zibbet has a marketplace and each seller also has their own web page. That's what you're seeing. Beautiful dresses!

By Kelly H.

Yes, this is a seller's website. Zibbet has a marketplace and each seller has a website of their own as well.

By Kelly H.

It depends on each shop and their shipping times. You should contact the seller you purchased your item from and see what they say. If they are unresponsive, I'd ask Zibbet support. It may take a day, but they'll get back with you.

By Kelly H.

No, migrating your items over to Zibbet will not close your Etsy store. In fact, Zibbet just announced that they will be linking with other selling venues and Etsy will be the first. This means that when an item sells on Etsy the quantity automatically adjusts in your Zibbet store. This will be a MAJOR time saver and will make selling on both marketplaces much easier. Pricing for some of their packages is expected to drop, too!

By Kelly H.

You will have to contact the seller if you haven't already. Zibbet is a marketplace so it is up to each individual seller as to how quickly an item ships.

By Kelly H.

There are no additional fees except what your payment processor charges (Paypal, Stripe). Add the benefit of your own web site and it's a pretty good value!

By Kelly H.

Take another look at Zibbet. They just unveiled a HUGE improvement! https://blog.zibbet.com/blog/zibbet-is-changing-our-biggest-announcement-ever/ This, along with no fee's to sell, makes it a very good deal.

By Kelly H.

I have been a member on Zibbet since it launched in 2009. I also started a shop on Etsy at the same time. Etsy was already several years old and had built-in traffic, so I made sales there. I was struggling to keep my Zibbet shop up with my Etsy shop, so I emptied my Z shop. During this time, I've heard WAY more negativity about Etsy than I ever have about Zibbet. Why? It's all in where you hang out. Go to the forums on Etsy, and you'd think no one ever sells a thing, Etsy is greedy and charges more than what they should (even though it's quite thrifty when you start comparing) and they won't leave things alone. I've only heard a couple of things "wrong" with Zibbet (again, it might be where I hang out!), little to no internal traffic and people that got charged again for a reoccurring payment. I don't put too much strength behind the charges that people are blaming Zibbet for. Mainly because if they went to Paypal in their settings, they could (and should) disable to reoccurring payment to Zibbet. Done. The complaints about no sales on Zibbet? Those are more valid, BUT; we don't know what they did to drive traffic to their own site or how long they had their shop. A shop that is there for two months doesn't gain any clout with the search engines, so it won't get traffic there. The marketplace does have poor traffic and will continue to do so until the site grows. Zibbet may grow slower simply because of the vast Etsy shadow, just like Etsy is dwarfed by eBay. Finally, Zibbet is just now making some nice strides. They announced a major improvement this week https://blog.zibbet.com/blog/zibbet-is-changing-our-biggest-announcement-ever/ It is exactly what I need to get my shop going on Zibbet AND Etsy.

By Kelly H.

have been a monthly paying member for 3 months, NOT 1 sale or email from buyers with any questions. will stick it out until the end of the year. GOOD LUCK! You might want to try Etsy, Ebay or Bonanza for BETTER SALES.

By Rose S.

No fees on items sold, just a monthy fee or annual that you can choose from. You still have fee's from your payment processor (Paypal, Stripe).

By Kelly H.
Questions? Get answers from the Zibbet staff and other customers.

Zibbet?