Zen UK

Zen UK has a consumer rating of 3.33 stars from 3 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Zen UK ranks 24th among Internet Service Provider sites.

How would you rate Zen UK?

“Customer service has reached rock bottom”

Captain O.
2/5/18

I had now reached the end of my tether with this provider and am now transferring to a new provider. Not only has their service gone down hill over the last few years but has now reached absolute rock bottom levels of unprofessional and unethical customer service. For the last 10 years my line has been unable to get the speeds claimed and Zen have just fobbed me off with excuses claiming that it was because I was too far from the exchange etc, even though neighbours were able to get those speeds. However after having a 2nd line installed, this line was able to get the full speed which Zen had claimed was impossible, thus proving that the original line did in fact have a fault. I finally got an engineer out who got up on a ladder and checked the physical line into my properly and found that it was corroded on both end, fixed the problem, and voila I was suddenly getting the speeds that Zen said were complete impossible. However it also turned out the router they provided had a chipset that was not compatible with my line, which was also causing problems (their words). Yet they refused to take any responsibility for this and provide me with an alternative router, even though they provide both the line and the router, and told me that it's my problem. As if this was not bad enough, they are now blatantly lying and denying that the engineer ever found any problem with the line at all. Not really sure how they think they can get away with that lie, considering I watched the engineer fix the line with my own eyes, he explained the problem to my face, he reported the problem to Zen, and they already confirmed it to me, which i have in writing. Plus the fact that line is now 10Mbps faster with a ping of only 9ms. Are they so delusional that they think they can just tell me none of that happened and I will just believe them?

jayneg2
December 15th, 2015

Perfect in every way :)

russm21
February 5th, 2018

Plus the fact that line is now 10Mbps faster with a ping of only 9ms.

misterp
October 22nd, 2017

I have been with them for 6 months; in six months I will be leaving. Why, they are not superior as they claim. Their lines are run on BT lines just like any other internet company in the UK, and their customers service is just like any other internet company in the UK.

I had need to call to ask questions. When I got through I had the call be put on hold/mute indefinitely at least three times. Due to my considerable knowledge of call centres (particularly talktalk/bt) I knew that this is a tactic that call centre staff use to force you to go away. Of course making sure that they dont actually tell you to go away, or be caught in any way putting the phone down on you.

I also had the privilege of one of them saying that she had no details about myself (again due to my considerable experience of call centres I knew this to be a lie) and later after I sent an angry email to them about what had happened, I was proved to be correct, as they was able miraculously to find all the calls I made - how strange!

There is nothing different about this company from talktalk, bt, plusnet et all...

[UPDATE - long overdue]

This company did not like the following review about what they did and had it effectively removed from trustpilot, so I place it here as a permanent reminder to both trustpilot and zen-internet that they maybe able to remove from one site, but cannot expunge this from the web - enjoy:)

My experience with Zen could be indicated by how it ended; one morning I called five times only for their call centre staff to end the call while I am talking on each occasion - without even bothering to ask who I am; I then receive notice that they are ending the contract on the Friday to which they did.

Why, because I challenged them that they already have the caller details on the screen in front of them, and therefore have no need to put me through the spanish-inquisition - and putting the phone down five times on the trot, without asking my details is an clear indication that they knew who was calling and therefore I was correct.

Questions? Get answers from the Zen UK staff and other customers.

Zen Internet, an independent Internet Service Provider (ISP), has been delivering services to business and residential users in the UK since 1995. Led by founder and Managing Director Richard Tang, Zen's mission is to provide the best ISP service in th...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zen UK?

Have a question about Zen UK?