Review of TheBeautyPlace

Beauty
info@thebeautyplace.com

vickic30
4/30/17

I used to shop at Sephora all the time, but it's hard to find things in the stores and the prices are high. I started searching for a deal on Bareminerals and found Thebeautyplace.com website. It has much better prices and all the bareminerals products I use.

beckyd25
4/4/17

I always look when I receive an email as this site offers best selection at best prices. Have placed several orders and always a good experience.

charlened15
3/27/17

Placed my first order on this site and it arrived sooner than anticipated. Will shop this site again in the future.

andreaw60
3/7/17

I purchased from this company and never received it. No response from the company either as far as customer service. I was sadden by the reviews I saw that claimed the same thing. The only difference between me and the other people leaving the reviews is I'm not stopping until they are shut down.

delaneys1
3/2/17

Bought a skinmedica product for a low price and got the order in 3 days. Happy with the product and the service. Will shop here again.

jessicam247
2/18/17

I called in to make sure of the ingredients in the product I was buying. Customer service rep was helpful plus the product price was great and I even got free samples of other products with my order.

yaisnk
1/4/17

I ordered the DermaBlend Concealer in the shade Buscuit and they sent me Fair instead. Then I couldn't return it because they told me that somehow my password was wrong and then when I tried to get it through email - None was sent. Terrible service, never buy from here EVER!

sallyc34
12/12/16

When finishing my checkout I noticed a tube of hair product I had not selected. It was only .99, but I didn't want it. When I tried to go back and remove it the site said I would lose all information entered. It appeared this was calculated to get the customer to just accept the small charge and move on. When I received the order the item was a sample size labeled "not for resale". I also had malware planted on my computer at the same time I was purchasing from them. Perhaps coincidence, but I place so few orders and only from secure sites, so I suspect it was their site.

scarletb2
11/2/16

I ordered AveneAVENE HIGH PROTECTION TINTED COMPACT SPF 50 in beige.
The packaging was perfect and looked just like the product I purchased at my doctor's office. The product was not te same....it was very disappointing. When I contacted them, it took months to get anyone. Today I called and they had no record of my order. When I told them it was fake, they put me on hold and never came back. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

manyh
10/17/16

Never received product, no customer service. Tracking order was not valid.

dianas96
Diana S.
10/13/16

I will never shop here again. I ordered the Jane Iredale Purebrow brow gel and used it twice. Both times my skin broke out with an allergic reaction--bumps and itching. I called about returning the item, and was told that even though it's not in their written policy, I should not have ordered something I had not used before, and that any opened items are non-returnable. What kind of a customer policy is that? How will you know if it works if you don't try it?

lashandah
10/6/16

Worst service iv ever seen in my life what do you guy have no customer service reps working.You must only have one line available wtf....i wont EVER buy anything from you scam bags again.....YOU GUYS S.U.C.K

cr2908
9/19/16

I ordered Perricone MD eyelid serum & they sent me an empty bottle. Customer Service claims this isn't possible bc they weigh all shipments. Do NOT buy anything fr these scammers EVER! I want to rate them zero!

kellees
7/20/16

I ordered two products and then realized a day later that I did not need them. I called the phone number gave them my order number and she cancelled it without any questions!

sarahv24
6/2/16

This is one of the worst places I had ever shopped from. Thank goodness it was backed by google because I don't think they would have ever called me back if I had not written about them to Google. I called many times to request an RMA # for a return for my beauty blender because it had black fallout (fake). They did not email me one when I requested online and did not call me back. I will NEVER shop here again and will disclose this information for everyone because I have many connections. This I considered theft and until you made it a big deal was when they would call you. Beware they have a 14 day return policy. I spent 6 days trying to get ahold of them.

dianab50
5/26/16

I received the product, and it didn't pump. Numerous contacts to them went unanswered, until I contacted PayPal. After I returned the item, they called and said that it was now pumping, and I agreed to let them send it back. It was not returned, and again no response to numerous customer service contacts. I'm out $59, and they have no accountability.

mariap106
5/24/16

Never received the product. Customer Service doesn't respond to emails or voice mails. I would consider this theft.

firstl2
5/8/16

SkinCeuticals serum, did not come in a box, bottle was not filled to top, smelled like bleach on finger after 12 hrs, 2 soap washes and a salt scrub. smell on finger (after applying) feels itchy and tight like after a day at the pool. the bleach smell would not go away. Product clearly fake. This site should be shut down.

annamarian1
3/9/16

I ordered a twin pack of shampoo/conditioner. I received an email saying the order has shipped, but it does not contain a tracking number. Forget trying to email or call these people, it is definitely impossible. Not a happy customer right now, it's been over 3 weeks since I placed my order.

Tip for consumers: I'd like to pick NO STARS, but that's not an option. Buyer's definitely beware!!!!

stephanieg48
3/4/16

I ordered their "Skinceuticals Phloretin CF" serum and the product is completely fake. I emailed them to ask for my money back, and they haven't responded! They will not return any communication and I cannot get my $100 back. THIS IS RIDICULOUS! DO NOT EVER PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY.

melinaw3
2/18/16

I ordered MURAD eye resurgence cream. I called MURAD after reading bad reviews...I wanted to make sure it wasn't fake. MURAD says if it doesn't have a hologram seal, it didn't come from them and that the beauty place is not an authorized retailer. I called the beauty place and was told by Lisa that they open the product for quality assurance and put another seal on....and that the bad reviews online are no good unless they come from bizrate. She also said that MURAD is just saying bad things about them because they don't like the lower price. I call bullcrap....I'm going to attempt to return it but will be surprised if I get my money back. BEWARE!!

staceyk17
12/10/15

I ordered an expensive large bottle of a product I have enjoyed using previously, Neocutis Journée. The airless pump broke and I cannot get the product out. The manufacturer said to return it to point of purchase and it would be replaced at no cost. However, when I contacted TheBeautyPlace.com, they said it was beyond their 30-day return policy and refused to replace it. Update: the manufacturer, Neocutis, informed me that the BeautyPlace is not an authorized retailer, and therefore would not replace the defective package for me, either. **Buyer Beware: I'm out $116.**

alvina16
11/9/15

I ordered a bottle of LA ROCHE POSAY ANTHELIOS 60. First, it was delivered via FedEx in a brown box but the product was wrapped in a UPS bubble envelope. Second, the label was placed on the wrong side of the bottle. Third, the QR codes were sliced off of the front and back labels. I sent an email with photographs to The Beauty Place to request that they send me a prepaid return label and with specific instructions to keep all communications written. They left me a voicemail a few days later to state that all of their products are genuine (even though subsequent email communications I had with La Roche Posay confirmed that they are not an authorized dealer) and that the manufacturers occasionally change product packaging so my order does not qualify for a prepaid return envelope. Their voicemail, however, did not address the fact that the QR codes were removed from the package. I have disputed the charge with American Express.

The below is being posted as a response to the comment left by Jennifer R of The Beauty Place:
1) The Beauty Place never addressed why the QR codes were removed from the labels.
2) My request was for a refund and a pre-paid label return shipping. While they did send me a return authorization (immediately after I emailed them to say I was going to dispute the charge with American Express), they never sent me a pre-paid label to return the product.
- Not sure how ignoring to address the two issues above is "...attempting to assist you"
- Why isn't information available on their Bizrate page on the 'return process"?

maryr111
10/6/15

The skin ceuticals product I ordered arrived promptly. It is definitely fake. I compared the packaging and product with the one that I purchased full price at the doctor's office. Shame on me for not reading the reviews prior to ordering. Just trying to save $$$$. Bad decision.
Should be no stars but it won't submit without a star!!!

rachelp31
7/27/15

This is the first and last time I will ever purchase from the Beauty Place. My item arrived broken and the company insisted I was at fault because they "check all items before they go out". I'm waiting to see if they will send my refund as they did not offer to replace it with a working item.

9 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the TheBeautyPlace staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 10/7/15
on 5/30/15
on 10/18/12
Be the first to answer
Questions? Get answers from the TheBeautyPlace staff and other customers.

TheBeautyPlace?