US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

scarletb2
11/2/16

I ordered AveneAVENE HIGH PROTECTION TINTED COMPACT SPF 50 in beige.
The packaging was perfect and looked just like the product I purchased at my doctor's office. The product was not te same....it was very disappointing. When I contacted them, it took months to get anyone. Today I called and they had no record of my order. When I told them it was fake, they put me on hold and never came back. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

manyh
10/17/16

Never received product, no customer service. Tracking order was not valid.

dianas96
10/13/16

I will never shop here again. I ordered the Jane Iredale Purebrow brow gel and used it twice. Both times my skin broke out with an allergic reaction--bumps and itching. I called about returning the item, and was told that even though it's not in their written policy, I should not have ordered something I had not used before, and that any opened items are non-returnable. What kind of a customer policy is that? How will you know if it works if you don't try it?

lashandah
10/6/16

Worst service iv ever seen in my life what do you guy have no customer service reps working.You must only have one line available wtf....i wont EVER buy anything from you scam bags again.....YOU GUYS S.U.C.K

cr2908
9/19/16

I ordered Perricone MD eyelid serum & they sent me an empty bottle. Customer Service claims this isn't possible bc they weigh all shipments. Do NOT buy anything fr these scammers EVER! I want to rate them zero!

kellees
7/20/16

I ordered two products and then realized a day later that I did not need them. I called the phone number gave them my order number and she cancelled it without any questions!

sarahv24
6/2/16

This is one of the worst places I had ever shopped from. Thank goodness it was backed by google because I don't think they would have ever called me back if I had not written about them to Google. I called many times to request an RMA # for a return for my beauty blender because it had black fallout (fake). They did not email me one when I requested online and did not call me back. I will NEVER shop here again and will disclose this information for everyone because I have many connections. This I considered theft and until you made it a big deal was when they would call you. Beware they have a 14 day return policy. I spent 6 days trying to get ahold of them.

dianab50
5/26/16

I received the product, and it didn't pump. Numerous contacts to them went unanswered, until I contacted PayPal. After I returned the item, they called and said that it was now pumping, and I agreed to let them send it back. It was not returned, and again no response to numerous customer service contacts. I'm out $59, and they have no accountability.

mariap106
5/24/16

Never received the product. Customer Service doesn't respond to emails or voice mails. I would consider this theft.

firstl2
5/8/16

SkinCeuticals serum, did not come in a box, bottle was not filled to top, smelled like bleach on finger after 12 hrs, 2 soap washes and a salt scrub. smell on finger (after applying) feels itchy and tight like after a day at the pool. the bleach smell would not go away. Product clearly fake. This site should be shut down.

annamarian1
3/9/16

I ordered a twin pack of shampoo/conditioner. I received an email saying the order has shipped, but it does not contain a tracking number. Forget trying to email or call these people, it is definitely impossible. Not a happy customer right now, it's been over 3 weeks since I placed my order.

Tip for consumers: I'd like to pick NO STARS, but that's not an option. Buyer's definitely beware!!!!

stephanieg48
3/4/16

I ordered their "Skinceuticals Phloretin CF" serum and the product is completely fake. I emailed them to ask for my money back, and they haven't responded! They will not return any communication and I cannot get my $100 back. THIS IS RIDICULOUS! DO NOT EVER PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY.

melinaw3
2/18/16

I ordered MURAD eye resurgence cream. I called MURAD after reading bad reviews...I wanted to make sure it wasn't fake. MURAD says if it doesn't have a hologram seal, it didn't come from them and that the beauty place is not an authorized retailer. I called the beauty place and was told by Lisa that they open the product for quality assurance and put another seal on....and that the bad reviews online are no good unless they come from bizrate. She also said that MURAD is just saying bad things about them because they don't like the lower price. I call bullcrap....I'm going to attempt to return it but will be surprised if I get my money back. BEWARE!!

staceyk17
12/10/15

I ordered an expensive large bottle of a product I have enjoyed using previously, Neocutis Journée. The airless pump broke and I cannot get the product out. The manufacturer said to return it to point of purchase and it would be replaced at no cost. However, when I contacted TheBeautyPlace.com, they said it was beyond their 30-day return policy and refused to replace it. Update: the manufacturer, Neocutis, informed me that the BeautyPlace is not an authorized retailer, and therefore would not replace the defective package for me, either. **Buyer Beware: I'm out $116.**

alvina16
11/9/15

I ordered a bottle of LA ROCHE POSAY ANTHELIOS 60. First, it was delivered via FedEx in a brown box but the product was wrapped in a UPS bubble envelope. Second, the label was placed on the wrong side of the bottle. Third, the QR codes were sliced off of the front and back labels. I sent an email with photographs to The Beauty Place to request that they send me a prepaid return label and with specific instructions to keep all communications written. They left me a voicemail a few days later to state that all of their products are genuine (even though subsequent email communications I had with La Roche Posay confirmed that they are not an authorized dealer) and that the manufacturers occasionally change product packaging so my order does not qualify for a prepaid return envelope. Their voicemail, however, did not address the fact that the QR codes were removed from the package. I have disputed the charge with American Express.

The below is being posted as a response to the comment left by Jennifer R of The Beauty Place:
1) The Beauty Place never addressed why the QR codes were removed from the labels.
2) My request was for a refund and a pre-paid label return shipping. While they did send me a return authorization (immediately after I emailed them to say I was going to dispute the charge with American Express), they never sent me a pre-paid label to return the product.
- Not sure how ignoring to address the two issues above is "...attempting to assist you"
- Why isn't information available on their Bizrate page on the 'return process"?

maryr111
10/6/15

The skin ceuticals product I ordered arrived promptly. It is definitely fake. I compared the packaging and product with the one that I purchased full price at the doctor's office. Shame on me for not reading the reviews prior to ordering. Just trying to save $$$$. Bad decision.
Should be no stars but it won't submit without a star!!!

rachelp31
7/27/15

This is the first and last time I will ever purchase from the Beauty Place. My item arrived broken and the company insisted I was at fault because they "check all items before they go out". I'm waiting to see if they will send my refund as they did not offer to replace it with a working item.

geraldu2
7/23/15

I recently ordered 10, eight ounce containers of Peter Thomas Roth lotion. What I received isn't even close to the real thing! I spent $90 and desire a full refund. The lotion I received is of a watery consistency, very cheap with no scent. Peter Thomas Roth is a very rich, moisturizing lotion with a very clean, masculine scent. What I ordered is definitely not the real thing as I've been using this product for 15 years! I've open a case with PayPal and hope to have it resolved ASAP!

tiffanyb28
6/11/15

I ordered product over a week ago and still have not received. I tried to log into my account and that password will not work ( I know it is the correct password). I requested the link to reset password and never received the email as stated on the website. This place is a joke. Do not waster your time ordering from here.

janiec5
4/8/15

I placed an order from the beauty place and im still trying to locate my product it's been over a week and going on two im getting run around tried to call today I think the phone has been disconnected I guess no product or money back beware

glk
2/13/15

I would not even give them one star. I agree with the other reviews about poor customer service, fake products, etc. Would strongly recommend against using this website.

sheilaw11
11/7/14

Buyer BEWARE!
The Beauty Place sells BOGUS products.
The Jan Marini products that I paid close to $100 dollars are BOGUS.
The "supervisor" Danielle did nothing to rectify the situation.
THIS COMPANY IS A SHAM.
Let's take em down!!
THE BEAUTY PLACE IS A FRAUD AND A SHAM.
STAY AWAY

Tip for consumers: BEWARE!! THE BEAUTY PLACE SELLS BOGUS products and pawns them off as authentic. Danielle the supervisor was of no help and claimed if the product was opened they would not take them back! THIS COMPANY IS A SHAM. CLOSE THEM DOWN!!

yotal
10/21/14

I ordered TNS serum, eye cream and moisturizer and got all three for less than the TNS serum cost me at my doctors office!!! Great customer service, super fast delivery and NO shipping charges! I love The Beauty Place!!! I will continue to order all my products from them!

rhondab19
8/19/14

I agree with the customer service, it sucks. When I placed an order there was a 15% coupon but it didn't give me the 15% off when I placed the order. I called and she said there wasn't a 15% off currently, I told her I wasn't dreaming the coupon code and she said we don't have one, I told her to cancel my order and she hung up.... wonder what will happen

Tip for consumers: I wouldn't bother.

desireea1
5/27/14

They have horrible customer service. The "manager" was literally yelling at me in the phone and called me a liar when I called them out on there's obagi products. I have definitely learned my lesson and now I'm out of $220 on FAKE OBAGI!! DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS WEBSITE they are scam artists just trying to get your money.

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the TheBeautyPlace staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Answer
jenniferr47
Jennifer R. [TheBeautyPlace Rep]
A: Hi Anand,
Unfortunately, yes we see that most reviews on SiteJabber are negative - yet they are not reflective of the website as a whole or reflective of the experience of the majority of our customers. We do ask all our customers to review the return policy prior to making a purchase and you are free to contact us via phone at 877-990-1112 if you have any specific questions. If you would like to see a more holistic review of our site, please feel free to visit this link: http://www.bizrate.com/ratings_guide/merchant_detail__mid--198339.html?rf=sur

Please let us know if we can assist you with anything else!
on 10/7/15