Review of StarCityGames

StarCityGames reviews

Card Games, Games
5728 Williamson Road N.W.
Roanoke, VA 24012
Tel: (540) 767-GAME(4263)

tinaj60
6/6/17

I was very pleased with my experience when selling cards to the company. They replied promptly and even upgraded some of my cards that I had listed at SP to NM based on their assessed condition. I'm not used to such an honest experience with a company. I haven't purchased from them yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

mtgg
3/1/17

The shipping was on time, however, the cards weren't as described. A lot of NM/M I ordered were either SP/MP (white scuffs on the card) and some were even HP (white scuffs and scratches all over the card). The pricing was more expensive than other stores so I expected better quality. I can't imagine what their SP/MP/HP looks like since I order all NM/M. I tried contacting their customer support to inquire about this problem and they acted oblivious about the issue telling me that I was wrong or don't know anything. Won't be buying from them again. The plus side is, their site is good as a reference for prices, but aside from that, I would definitely not recommend buying from this store.

megany4
11/18/15

Great selection, great choices, great prices. Unless you want to order something. I tried to order something and they emailed me cancelling my order without refunding me, and telling me it was cancelled because my shipping address wans't the same address as the one registered with my credit card. Which it ABSOLUTELY was. So I gave them the old address that was registered with it, and they told me "It appears *insert address I originally gave them* is the address with your bank account, however, we'll ship it to *insert address I gave them after they told me the original address was invalid*

So you couldn't ship it to me originally when my address' were the $#*!ing same but now that they're different you're totally on board to do it? And give me the product I bought? Yeah no thanks. Don't $#*! around with this $#*! if you've got somewhere better to buy it from locally. Their service SUCKS.

andrews144
8/4/15

I couldn't find a place to write a review on site, so the second best option I found was this. I just wanted to give a huge thank you to Amy and the customer service employees for working with me on my order. I placed a preorder for 2 Origins fat packs and was anticipating their arrival. Once the tracking showed it was delivered, the post office informed me that they delivered it to the wrong person, and effectively lost my package all together. I don't understand how that can happen but people make mistakes, and I was lucky enough to have Star City Customer Support to help me out. Thank you again for all the hard work you do, it is greatly appreciated and I plan on being a life time customer to your store.

setha12
3/12/15

They never ship on time, their service is horrible.

chadl15
8/16/13

Good price, they keep cards in stock, but horrible customer service. Order was lost and haven't gotten an update from them in a week and a half. Was not a cheap order and they have not been willing to work with me. Recommend checking local card shops before you waste time and money on this site.

kaylah4
8/2/13

I will NEVER order cards from Star City Games ever again:

When they screw your order up and make it so you can't play at a tournament because the expensive stuff you bought from them wasn't shipped until Wednesday even though you placed your order on Monday...don't bother calling customer service because their assistant manager Becky will be passive-aggressive and rude to you, and then when she asks for proof, don't bother forwarding the confirmation information they request because their head manager DJ won't even have the decency to call you--just email back until almost a week later to accuse you of fabricating your completely unaltered, legitimate proof.

I was so mad I wanted to just send it all back and buy the exact same cards from Channel Fireball, because they know how to treat their customers, but Star City wouldn't even refund me the priority shipping I payed for after they messed up, so I STILL would have lost money going that route.

I don't even know what else I could have done short of shipping my entire laptop to them so they could see I didn't alter the email verification I received from them. And I am like the most honest person ever, so aside from being mad about my wasted money, I was highly offended by their highly inappropriate accusation.

Poor business, would not recommend them to my worst enemy.

mattb58
8/2/13

I was very pleased with their service. Items shipped right away, were received in good condition, and were expertly packed. I will definitely be shopping here again. Prices here are far better than local retail stores and they had good stock. They were missing just a couple items I wanted, but the vast majority of products I wanted they had plenty of.

moriarf
7/24/10

Prices are slightly higher than you find elsewhere, but the items ship in a timely manner and they have a wider range of items in stock.

I did have one hiccup, when UPS had completely lost their entire morning's shipment for about three days. Starcitygames contacted me to let me know of the problem, and kept me updated with information as they got it. The shipment arrived without incident, aside from the delay.

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the StarCityGames staff and other customers.

StarCityGames?