US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

simonf30
2/27/17

Whatever you do just never use them again. Ripped me off for over $300. Thieves and charlatans. Simon Fjell

nadias21
2/22/17

Bad, really bad custumer service. They are miserable. I bought nightstand table. Received old, broken, damaged. I complained to the seller. He ignored. I called PayPal they said I'm sorry but it's the same like a store surprises do happens unfortunately this is a bad surprise. We can give you money back if you ship the item back to the seller. But if I ship I lose money on shipping.
Think twice when you buy something with PayPal

bretm20
2/17/17

I am too cautious with inputting credit card information directly within sites due to spy software/malware and third party possible unsafe gateway. Paypal however is a lifesaver. I never have to worry about inputting personal credit card information to send payment. It's great and I wish there were more companies out there offering the same security.

ravis47
2/16/17

Very stupidly bought a product from a scam website, but thank god I did it through Paypal. The item never arrived and the seller never once responded to any of my emails. I rescalated the dispute with Paypal and managed to get my money back. Thank you Paypal.

alh74
2/11/17

When I was in UAE for some business purpose i was having difficulty to pay a huge amount of money when needed. Hence Index Exchange LLC helped me in paying money directly to their bank accounts by Express Money UAE.

pipoym
2/11/17

Paypal is the best online money transfer site for me. It give client confidentiality they provide to their customers. Highly recommend this site to anyone.

leighs37
2/7/17

I purchased some lights from beautifulhalo.com (DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY) and almost a month later I still have no product but keep getting emails from PAYPAL AFTER I disputing nd cancelling the order, sarong it is being shipped. PayPal refuses to refund my payment on a product I cancelled prior to shipping. This is NOT the forest time PayPal had done this but it will be the last time they do it to me. Don't let PayPal cheat you as well.

mikej185
2/6/17

Bought a widget at a flea market vendor that didn't work and tried to get the people to refund my money. They would not respond to my calls and emails. I remembered that the vendor used Paypal to take my money and contacted them. One week later I had a complete refund. If it weren't for Paypal I would have been SOL.

charlesw102
1/31/17

Purchased item through PayPal. The item was damaged. PayPal requested i contact merchant. Contacted merchant and got no reply for 7 weeks. I filed a dispute with Paypal. Each time I called PayPal to inquire about this, they claimed I had to wait. Finally 9 weeks later they told me to return the item AT MY EXPENSE, said they would reimburse me the shipping and refund my purchase when I provided them with tracking number. After waiting an additional month, I was told " Case has been closed, they can't track shipping to China, it is not their problem. I am out $135.30 for the product, $22.00 for shipping and no product. Don't fall for Purchase Protection Crap!!!

ginam65
1/29/17

As a seller for over a decade of online merchandise I have in recent years only had one dispute. The buyer Cash Bobby $#*!son Prophets on etsy was refused a refund on esty because he did not read the auction that cleared stated flat measurements of a 1960's shirt. So he got his money back through paypal and I have not received the shirt back. Today, this is the second threat I have gotten this week on etsy from customer Julie Bergmans, "I'll expect some of the shipping cost back as well in order to forgo leaving a review. I can get it back with PayPal but would rather not have to put us both through that." Buyers know how to cheap the system and hardworking individuals are paying the price. Shame on you paypal. Shame on bad service and not protecting sellers. Sellers protection is a farce. Do not use paypal. Try the Cube!

arianah1
1/27/17

I called to clear up a problem with a transaction. No real person to talk to, only automated. Still never got it resolved. Unacceptable for a major company like paypal to not even have agents to talk to.
Another problem I had was that it took almost two weeks to move $50 from my bank to my paypal balance.

frankg109
1/25/17

For quite a long time paypal was the payment system I used for managing my funds. Then unfortunately I encountered some problems with account recovery and payment commissions, and those never were solved. So I switched to another system.

helenm123
1/16/17

Have been locked out of my account so I created another and the same thing happened. The password recovery system that verifies whether the account owner is who they claim to be and not a hacker does not account for outdated phone numbers and e-mail addresses that change and makes the verification checks impossible to complete. It's unfortunate that so many people use Paypal exclusively these days so that everyone is forced to use it whether they dislike Paypal and its systems or not. Shame.

scottr83
1/13/17

The service is quite ok. Has some problems like delays on funds dropping to account, but in general its a convenient thing to trade with all over the world.

annabelm4
1/12/17

Paypal is so far the best online money transfer site I have used. Not to mention the client confidentiality they provide to their customers. Highly recommend this site to anyone.
Thankyou

marisoll2
1/4/17

If I have to choose any payment method besides my card I will only trust Pay Pal. Their services and informatin is always updated and consistent with your purchase or credits,

onlinestudentc
12/30/16

*Note* The dates and times I mention down below are from my emails from my gmail account.

On December 4th, 2016 at 5:58 PM, I purchased the following course from * I made this purchase through Paypal.com and the transaction ID is 9LG90268SN292350H. For * the receipt # is 3436394 and the product ID is 186215. The course itself cost $57. On December 4th, 2016 at 6:14 PM, I received an email from * stating the following:

"Hi there (my name), My system is telling me that the videos aren't all live as yet, please give me 48 hours to look into this for you. I'm very sorry for any trouble this may cause -Trish"

On December 5th, 2016 at 3:04 PM, I sent the following: "Ok, please let me know when it's fixed. Thanks!"

On December 7th, 2016, I sent another email to * stating that I still can't access the files and that I would like her to notify me an estimated time of when the files would become available.

On December 8th, 2016, I opened a case against * on Paypal. My case number is #PP-005-339-952-149. According to Paypal's resolution center, * never responded to Paypal's emails notifying her of the case.

The case was escalated to a claim on December 15th, 2016 because * never responded to Paypal's messages. On December 27th, 2016 Paypal closed the case and said the following: "Your seller has provided shipment tracking information in response to your claim. We used the shipping company's online tracking service and found that it confirms delivery of the merchandise. As a result, this case has been closed. We're happy we were able to help you resolve this issue. "

On December 27th, 2016 I called Paypal and spoke to one of their customer representative agents. I told her how * sent me an email stating that the files to the online course were not available and she was trying to fix it. I also told her how I tried to contact * again and never received a response. The Paypal agent told me she was going to open an appeal case on my behalf. She also told me to send a copy of the emails to ica-na@paypal.com and state my case number. I sent a copy of the emails to ica-na@paypal.com and I uploaded a copy of the emails to my case , #PP-005-339-952-149, under the "Supporting Documents" tab. The appeal case that was created on December 27th, 2016 was created around 11 am because I sent my emails to ica-na at 10:58 am. To my surprise, even though I provided evidence that * did not provide me my product and was avoiding my emails, my appeal case was closed at 11:16 PM.

I opened another appeal case at 12:25 AM on December 28th, 2016. On December 28th I closed the case at 3:09 PM because Paypal promised me that the case would close in my favor but it never did. I also closed the case because I do not believe that whoever was assigned to my case was reviewing my case properly. I clearly provided the evidence showing that * did not provide my product, contacted me and stated that the product wasn't available for 48 hours, and subsequently failed to contact me after the 48 hours past.

This was the first and only case I had with Paypal.

As for *, I am disappointed that you essentially went "ghost" on me and essentially scammed me. I was eager to purchase your product after following you since your * days. I also find it weird that now I can't log into my account on your website and that your website is essentially preparing for a relaunch all of a sudden....

*Secondary business information redacted by admin

ridhis2
12/29/16

Very Nice.User-friendliness is ALWAYS a big plus in our book, so with PayPal allowing easy integration with almost every other application that we use for personal and business (WordPress, Jotform, MailChimp, etc.) and makes it easy to send and receive payments from anywhere in the world!!

claytonr10
12/19/16

First off, bad policies. A friend sent me some money via paypal that she owed me. But surprise! It would only take 5 business days for it to clear! Well the money was intended to be used for a bill that was due in 2 days. So I called them up & got a chinese dude who barely spoke any english, & he told me that was their new policy so to make sure it's not fraudulent. Ok so my bill was paid off late & I got a late fee thanks to paypal.
Paypal needs more american employees. I speak english I expect an english speaking customer service agent. Not some guy 9,000 miles away.
I question you sometimes, Paypal. -__-

dorothym54
12/19/16

Process could drive you insane sometimes. like you have to wait a day or two for the funds to hit your account. Still, i will use this service. it's safe and secure. funds go right on time.

leonardob19
12/19/16

After I delivered a product to my client and he paid using paypal, my client (a scammer) requested to paypal the refund of almost $ 2000, even though I sent all the documentation, emails, account movements, chats, etc. where clearly noticed that I was the victim of a scam, paypal was right but told me that unfortunately they could not do anything about it and now my balance is negative, I do not recommend paypal, it's an extremely unsafe platform.

lilyb26
12/11/16

I use the system to get payments for my small business. A good one, but the support can sometimes drive me mad..

sylviak11
12/4/16

I LIKE PAYPAL BECAUSE OF THE SAFETY

marks423
12/4/16

I use the service for cases where I`m not sure if the transaction will work out(I mean the cases I could lose some of my money or bank info or whatever else concerning my accounts). Perfectly suitable for these needs, but after some issues with this business I`m not ready to use it for something serious in terms of transactions and storing the funds.

mavisl4
12/1/16

They have great customer service very prompt and handling situation. I have recommended them to a lot of people. You wont regret it.

337 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

10 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the PayPal staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question