Review of PayPal

hostmaster@paypal.com
2017 Customer choice award

richardm301
10/21/17

I got ripped off on 3 separate purchases with PayPal over the last 4 months. PayPal has not returned my money! I have provided proof, downloads, and did everything possible to show I was ripped off. BUT NO!! No coverage from PayPal! PayPal got their cut, now way they are giving it beck! I uploaded the picture of the product I was supposed to get and the picture of the fake ripoff product I actually got and the dispute just sits there in review for 4 months now without a word. I called more than once and they just keep saying" is is in review"! Total lairs!

I am closing my account and I will only buy from trusted sellers like amazon who backs me up every time!

leiac
10/21/17

My husband had a Paypal account before he passed away. He had $2000 balance in his account. I had faxed everything required by Paypal but four months later as of today, I still have not received my late husband's remaining funds. Each time when I called, they would tell me something different. The customer service department told me a totally different things with their complaint department. I think this is very chaotic company and it is a worst US Company I have ever dealt with. I would never contribute anything to this company.

jamesb547
10/20/17

When Yahoo sold out to a foreign Co they canceled my Yahoo email and sold my domain .

Now Paypal wants $300 to "fix my computers so I can login!!!

cleom19
10/19/17

Have had a personal and business account with PayPal for years. Integrates well with my website. Easy to use PayPal Here at live events. The few times over the years that I had any problem, customer service was very responsive and helped until a positive resolution was achieved.

manuelp34
10/19/17

Paypal suddenly and irreversibly closed my business partner's account and is holding thousands of dollars of her money for 180 days because they could not determine what the nature of her business was. Her email address literally has the term "web analytics" in it. Think real hard about that one, guys.

kirkw20
10/18/17

Sold item, buyer to pickup, PayPal informed myself and buyer that funds would release next day. Paypal lied and held funds over 30 days. Once paid, I tried to cancel paypal account and was informed I could not. I had to notify my back of PayPal fraud and inform PayPal that any further action on my account would be considered fraud by myself and my bank.

sharona62
10/18/17

Purchased a stupid item that was supposed to easily take your hard boiled egg out of the shell in one motion. Looked great in the pictures advertising it. When I got it, it was 2pieces of cheap plastic and didnt work at all. So I contacted the company and they gave me an address to send it back. I contacted PayPal because the company would only give me back the item price, but I wanted my shipping expense too. I provided info to PayPal showing them I returned the item. But since I returned the item to the address the seller gave me, and not to the address PayPal gave me, they denied my claim. I finally disputed the amount with my credit card (I ALWAYS pay with my credit card, even thru PayPal, because of just this reason!) and they credited my account. Shame on you PayPal! Your guarantee means nothing!

rogern32
10/16/17

PayPal provides a secure and easy way to accept or send money - provides an easy to use interface to accept credit cards with mobile devices and with Personal Computers. Offers both Professional and Personal accounts - Honesty, Integrity and great Service

gregoryd19
10/14/17

marcg18
10/13/17

Opened up a case in the resolution centre, to try and get my money back for a faulty £90 watch I bought from China (I know, my mistake, trust me I'm never buying a watch from China again) I sent the watch back and they never gave me my money back. So I contacted PayPal, hopefully, they will resolve this, the case was open for over a month, and in the end, PayPal decided to agree with the seller. I haven't received my refund nor do I own the watch as I sent it back, I think technically that's called theft. I thought PayPal cared for its customers, I guess I was wrong. Great job PayPal! (I was being sarcastic if you didn't know)

faithn7
10/12/17

It has good tracking system and good dispute resolution centre, if you don't receive your product or got into any fraud you can claim your money, which is very great thing.

Easy to use, widely accepted, reasonable fees and works with most shopping website.

Tip for consumers: This is the must have tool for managing income from other country with minimal charges.

julieh172
10/12/17

I purchased items from another site and used paypal as a source of payment. I returned the items due to them not fitting and even have a delivery confirmation with the signature of the person who signed for the return and yet paypal takes the side of the company I sent the returns to. WHY?? Because they can continue to make money off of my purchase because of the interest. This is sad and its been a year now and you can guess the interest is crazy!! Isnt it supposed to be that the customer is always right?? Especially when they have proof.

mohamedh28
10/10/17

very very bad site
Customer service is also very very bad
I hope to see a good site to withdraw money In the future
And eliminate This Paypal

oliviaf13
10/7/17

PayPals company objective and function is to make free money from their customers. They promote themselves as a safe way to send your money or pay for things but what they don't tell you is that they try to steal as much of it from you as they can. They have 1001 excuses (literally) of why they have to put a "hold" on every cent that goes into your PayPal account, but they are really all for the same reason.. To earn maximum interest for them in the stock market. They even say in their terms or user agreement that they will use our money for that!! So you ask a family member to send you money urgently for an emergency and they send it to you via PayPal and what happens? PayPal pimps say they have to put a 21 day hold on your money to make sure you're not a risk to them, (or some other crap). Or you urgently need money for basics like food and so you sell something you own on eBay and it sells but then PayPal say they have to hold your money for an undetermined time because you haven't sold 50+ items on eBay yet. Or your account reaches $1,000 because you already had money in their and then your roommate sends you some to cover their half of the rent and it goes over $1000 by just $1 and your whole account gets frozen until you prove you're not money laundering. It's legal theft.

miroslavr2
10/2/17

I have never been hurt using PayPal in both as seller and buyer. Have had number of issues with few purchases and every time I've got full support (and my money) from PayPal.
Highly recommended service! (Probably the only one around...)

annl87
9/16/17

What has happened to Paypal???

I have been with Paypal from the start. Now they take payment as direct debit and once this is done your bank can't help you. I have tried to cancel it and they are saying they can't take the money and cancel my account.

The problem started when I purchased a mattress on ebay for £294.95. The advert said "Satisfaction guaranteed or 30 day return for a refund. It took 2 weeks to arrive and 7 days to rise because it came flat packed. When I tried to sleep on it it was lopsided and every since I have had the most unbelievable pain in my leg.

I contacted the seller who was polite at first and then closed the case on the 30th day. I called ebay and forced them to re-open the case. The seller wanted the mattress back by the 9/09/2017, in exactly the same flat packed condition I got it in or I wouldn't get a refund.

I contacted Paypal who said don't worry you are covered by the 180 refund policy & the seller was being unreasonable. On 5/09/17 Paypal closed the case - No explanation. I called Paypal who said they closed the case because I said the mattress was uncomfortable. I told them what the advert said and they told me they don't read the advert.........

HOW CAN YOU MAKE A DECISION ON SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT? I am disappointed but will fight this all the way. I am now going through the financial services Ombudsman and suggest that if you are facing a problem - fight it. Challenge creates change and things don't get any easier for the next person when we just walk away.

sjefl
9/15/17

I had been using paypal for a long time, very fast and secured.
the only issue I had with them is their fees, hard to understand how they calculate it and normally it comes up to a big amount for every transaction.

Will continue using their service as there is no other as good provider as Paypal for this specific service.

natyh
9/9/17

I purchased theatre tickets online to Viagogo, only to discover they were fraudulent tickets. Was told that it's been on the news that Viagogo are doing this however my claim with PayPal was closed stating that I'm not covered and they will no longer be doing anything to assist me. $181.50 down the drain. DO NOT THINK PAYPAL IS FULL PROOF PLEASE. This is my first claim and knocked back with no reason.

toddh20
9/9/17

PayPal works flawlessly in remitting the money sent to you from friends as well as businesses you have provided a service to such as taking surveys. You can use it to receive money from selling products/services on your website/blog, with the purchases being secure. Finally, I recommend you opt to receive the money you cash out into your bank account within one business day instead of requesting a check in which you'll have $1.50 debited from your total remittance and wait nearly 10 days to get your money.

regelepiratilord
9/6/17

Very useful, allows you to pay online pretty much on everything, i do now all my payments through PayPal, it's safe and trustworthy.

cappyp
9/6/17

Nice and safe, reliable and trustworhy.I don't have to say any bad thing about them , i use them all the time for all my purchases and i know i can always depend on them to recover my money in case any problem arrises.

luisa167
9/4/17

I hate their service. They are scammer and not safe at all. They scam peoples fund and show excuses.

stevea139
8/31/17

I've been screwed by Paypal a couple times now when the seller turned out to be fraudulent (on Ebay) so I avoid Paypal whenever I can. I get much better support from my credit card company and can actually speak to someone when I have a problem. Also Paypal protection is only good for 45 days which is pretty much useless to me as many of the items I order from China take longer than that to come. If the seller has the lock on their website I will always trust my credit card company over Paypal.

jeffersonb18
8/29/17

The best page to buy a mobile phone thank you so much!!!!! A really good experience about that, I am very pleased with this page

jayp69
8/27/17

For many years I relied on paypal to send small amounts of money, when I could afford it ... to my wife's family in Mexico. It's what people do to support those they love whenever they can. Over the years since I been with paypal, just shy of 20 years, I would send the money for free - or for about 1/2 of 1%. All of a sudden, at the end of July, Peter Thiel, the CEO at paypal, a public corporation, took it upon himself to cut off that service to Mexico ... and to no other country and start charging nearly 6% to transfer money. Thiel is a close friend of racist Donald Trump and this is unfair human rights by prejudiced corporate CEO - don't use paypal, there are others, cheaper and better that don't hate our Mexican parents and grandparents.

623 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Don't do it or be very cautious and major on top of it. Seems PayPal is getting worse and worse and im banning any business from China..to many scams PayPal backs up

By Tiffany H. on 2/20/17

By Sean S. on 8/23/15
Helpful answer

Hi Roxi C....I wish I could help you with your question about..PayPal working capital to a new start-up business?..I honestly have no idea..You can go to Paypal and ask them..good luck :-)

By Dianne B. on 6/13/10

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the PayPal staff and other customers.

7 Photos for PayPal