Review of PayPal

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

tylerj30
4/24/17

I like the services offered by PayPal. Great services transforming global world.
The charges are small making it economical to be used.

katyd4
4/24/17

So rude. Period. Talks over you. Doesn't let you finish a sentence then when he let me ask my question he asked me why I would do that? Both times I've used this service I have to call in and both times were so rude. Be nice. It's simple. We all have jobs and we all deal with customers. Have respect or stay in your own country

lisac293
4/24/17

Paypal was never good and their customer support is just pathetic, they can hold your money for without any reason, please stay away from them if you are taking serious business payment online.

timh102
4/24/17

If you are considering to use Paypal, just do yourself a favor, find some other provider. Stay as far as you can from that crowd.

dianea42
4/21/17

i'm using pp for my home business and it's what it is. i never had any problems and horror stories but maybe it's because i don't use it as a consumer? but the resolution and security are all good. it's not automatically siding with a client in refund cases, and believe me it's a relief because there are all types of clients and they are not always right. when you buy a service from me and know what that service is beforehand you just cant change your mind all of a sudden. i run a home business and all the money i get counts. so thanks pp for looking into cases and letting me tell my side of the story.

maxl44
4/17/17

The Customer Service are bad as hell, they dont lisen to you.
On average they process everything very slowly. One of the big
turnings down for Ebay is the usage of Paypal.
After 10 years i was tired of Paypal. Just remove my account
and never ever will use this service again.
Worst. Not recommended

kylea29
4/14/17

Ultimately, customer service is the #1 priority, and PayPal just will continue to drop the ball on this. Eventually a giant like amazon will kick them out of the marketplace entirely. Can't wait for that day.

tomh214
4/12/17

They banned me for life for no reason whatsoever. When I call them, they tell me it's classified information. WTF??? I said, how am I suppose to receive money online and they said through another service provider. I cursed at the person and hung up. F paypal.

sm1032
4/6/17

Hi,
I bought a product for 55 euros and pay for it using PayPal. I waited 6 days and the parcel was not still delivered so I called the seller and asked if I can cancel it. She told me that I can and that they will reimburse me. So I canceled it and bought the product somewhere else. Long story short, they never reimbursed me and the product was never delivered! I opened a litigation on PayPal and this is their response:
"Your seller has provided shipment tracking information in response to your claim. We used the shipping company's online tracking service and found that it confirms delivery of the merchandise. As a result, this case has been closed. We're happy we were able to help you resolve this issue."

I looked it up myself and they were right! they have delivered the merchandise! except not to me! to someone else! but hey, all that matters is that they have delivered it, who cares if it was me or someone else!

I'm not going to waste more time with PayPal if they do not know how to use an online tracking service but it was my duty to give heads up to people out there

sharonh111
4/5/17

Paypal first ties your money up for 21 days, you can get around this 3 week hold if you confirm you have shipped or provided the service, in that case your money is held up for 7 to 14 days. The funds are not released at the start of that day but rather at the hour you initially noted you shipped or provided the service!!! In my case, it was 11:32 pm EST when I confirmed completion of the service so my funds were not available on 4/5/17 at the start of the day it was not available until 11;32 pm EST on 4/5/17!! Nearly another day later!! Then when I FINALLY was able to transfer the money at nearly midnight, I then find out that it will take another 3-5 business days before the money is actually in my bank account!! REALLY??!! I have to waith anywhere from 10 to 28 days to be paid by my customers!!! Heck I can collect my money faster if my customers simply mailed a check to me!!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND PAYPAL TO SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS WHO NEED THERE CUSTOMER PAYMENTS ASAP. I AM CLOSING MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT, I RATHER ACCEPT A CHECK FIRST! THAT'S QUICKER!!

traceyn12
3/30/17

They have good tracking and good dispute system if you don't receive your product. I would recommend them for any business serious about their payment solutions.

jinchengl
3/7/17

There will be no reason you have doubt about my review.
Fastest, reliable, private payment system in the world!

rickc38
3/6/17

PayPal, while a good company for protecting consumers from predatory sellers (and outright scammers) leaves a lot to be desired if you aren't from the US. They devalue the currency of whomever they are dealing with.

One example is when I was purchasing something on eBay a couple years back (and while there are other examples, this best illustrates my point), the Canadian dollar was worth more than the US greenback. However, the exchange rate used by PayPal devalued the Canadian dollar so it was actually worth less than its American counterpart. In this case, it was devalued by about 5%

This might not sound like much, but consider this. They are likely pocketing the difference between the actual exchange rate and the rate they offer. And if there are (for example) $20 million in transactions from outside the US every day, then that means they are pocketing $1 million per day on the difference in exchange. And that is above their normal profits.

If possible, avoid using PayPal and buy directly from the seller.

megk4
3/5/17

I encountered a website one night called usenet.nl, which claimed to have my book (that I wrote) available for free (bootleg) download. I joined the site for a free trial through my PayPal account. Twenty minutes later, I ascertained that usenet.nl did not have my book, nor anyone else's. I canceled my free membership (which was for seven days).

Since then, I have received threatening letters from usenet.nl's collections squad, saying they have the authority to extort money from me and that I did not pay them for the services provided and that I had better send them money right away. Let me be clear--I not only received emails, I also received snail mails. PayPal must have given them my home address.

I contacted PayPal about the issue, and they were obtuse. They acted like they didn't know what I was talking about, and asked if I was reporting an unauthorized charge. But according to the other reviews on here (particularly for usenet.nl), PayPal is not as stupid as all that.

Their loss.

jeffg95
3/4/17

Easy to use, widely accepted, reasonable fees. All other payment processors are trying to be an alternative but they fail - they have lousy support and hidden fees. So go with the original and dont waste time with payza, payoneer, skrill and the others.

jekf
3/3/17

We ordered some Canon replacement inks from a website, paid by PPal. Items arrived, Canon compatibles. Contacted Seller who insists they did not say Canon genuine so they are right. Escalated in Paypal, no option to attach supporting documents which we wanted to forward to Paypal. So we submit anyway, confirmation stated no supporting evidence included!

So we searched all over Paypal help, google etc how to attach documents for transaction dispute, all directs back to same page in resolution centre with NO options given as to how to attach documents to submit.

So we called Paypal, went through all the 6 number coding password, pressing various number options etc until wanting to speak to someone, and we have been waiting for nearly THREE (3) hours now, listening to that dreadful music repeating over and over, still waiting!

An honest straight forward attempt to buy printer inks online has turned into a dreadful nightmare by a cowboy website seller and now aided by a faceless non caring corporate entity, both shrouding the small inconsequential consumer with red tape and delays with the sole intention to deter any complains.

This is the third occasion when I had to use Paypal to resolve claims and though two was successful, it always involves so much time and effort that negates any benefit one expects from an online purchase.

I do hope someone else comes up with a more transparent honest system service of online payment and downgrade Paypal to obscurity.

simonf30
2/27/17

Whatever you do just never use them again. Ripped me off for over $300. Thieves and charlatans. Simon Fjell

nadias21
2/22/17

Bad, really bad custumer service. They are miserable. I bought nightstand table. Received old, broken, damaged. I complained to the seller. He ignored. I called PayPal they said I'm sorry but it's the same like a store surprises do happens unfortunately this is a bad surprise. We can give you money back if you ship the item back to the seller. But if I ship I lose money on shipping.
Think twice when you buy something with PayPal

bretm20
2/17/17

I am too cautious with inputting credit card information directly within sites due to spy software/malware and third party possible unsafe gateway. Paypal however is a lifesaver. I never have to worry about inputting personal credit card information to send payment. It's great and I wish there were more companies out there offering the same security.

ravis47
2/16/17

Very stupidly bought a product from a scam website, but thank god I did it through Paypal. The item never arrived and the seller never once responded to any of my emails. I rescalated the dispute with Paypal and managed to get my money back. Thank you Paypal.

alh74
2/11/17

When I was in UAE for some business purpose i was having difficulty to pay a huge amount of money when needed. Hence Index Exchange LLC helped me in paying money directly to their bank accounts by Express Money UAE.

pipoym
2/11/17

Paypal is the best online money transfer site for me. It give client confidentiality they provide to their customers. Highly recommend this site to anyone.

leighs37
2/7/17

I purchased some lights from beautifulhalo.com (DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY) and almost a month later I still have no product but keep getting emails from PAYPAL AFTER I disputing nd cancelling the order, sarong it is being shipped. PayPal refuses to refund my payment on a product I cancelled prior to shipping. This is NOT the forest time PayPal had done this but it will be the last time they do it to me. Don't let PayPal cheat you as well.

mikej185
2/6/17

Bought a widget at a flea market vendor that didn't work and tried to get the people to refund my money. They would not respond to my calls and emails. I remembered that the vendor used Paypal to take my money and contacted them. One week later I had a complete refund. If it weren't for Paypal I would have been SOL.

charlesw102
1/31/17

Purchased item through PayPal. The item was damaged. PayPal requested i contact merchant. Contacted merchant and got no reply for 7 weeks. I filed a dispute with Paypal. Each time I called PayPal to inquire about this, they claimed I had to wait. Finally 9 weeks later they told me to return the item AT MY EXPENSE, said they would reimburse me the shipping and refund my purchase when I provided them with tracking number. After waiting an additional month, I was told " Case has been closed, they can't track shipping to China, it is not their problem. I am out $135.30 for the product, $22.00 for shipping and no product. Don't fall for Purchase Protection Crap!!!

337 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

10 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the PayPal staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
pamelam83
Pamela M.
on 2/20/17
Answer
tiffanyh63
Tiffany H.
A: Don't do it or be very cautious and major on top of it. Seems PayPal is getting worse and worse and im banning any business from China..to many scams PayPal backs up
3 weeks, 2 days ago