Review of PayPal

Tel: 1-888-221-1161, 1-402-935-2050
hostmaster@paypal.com

msp7
6/18/17

Haven't had a problem with PayPal so far, I'm hoping that it stays that way!! I've paid through them a lot, and never had a problem/issue with anything! When I did have an issue, a customer rep was able to help me resolved it!! I've only made one dispute through them, for a company I'd bought an item from, that was old/out-dated! Didn't have any problems getting my refund from the company, thank god for PayPal!! Probably wouldn't of gotten it at all, wish a lot of other sites/companies would make purchasing through PayPal, a option!

mikem501
6/15/17

Their loyalty is to the seller.
I ordered 2 things from tidebuy and they sent 1 item, the seller sent an email to me saying it was out of stock and I could get something else or get a refund. I asked for a refund, which I never got. I put a claim in and I told them I have the email tidebuy sent.
For paypal this was open and shut, tidebuy provided a tracking number for the 1 item so it is case closed. I put in a case with discover card and they based their decision on paypals. I have since dropped Discover card and use paypal when a seller will not take a credit card.
My problem is I like ebay and there are a few sellers that take paypal only. I tried to avoid these sellers if possible.

malw6
6/12/17

I purchased headlights with bonus rear lights that were worth almost as much as the headlights Only the headlights arrived and Paypal informed me that there is absolutely no protection whatsoever for any item offered as a bonus..

contpentrucabc
6/7/17

The best way to pay online, very secure.i recoomend it, been using it for more than 4 years, no problems at all, love it.

kimberliz
6/6/17

PAYPAL,,I USED THEM FOR ALL MY EBAY TRANSACTIONS,ALL THERE TALK ABOUT SELLER PROTECTION IS FALSE,,THEY CAN CARE LESS ABOUT ANY OFF US..AFTER 4 MONTHS A PERSON TRIED TO RETURN AN IDEM..EBAY WOULD NOT LET THEM,,PAYPAL STUCK THERE TWO CENTS IN AND LET THE BUYER SEND THE IDEM BACK,,PAYPAL GAVE THEM THE WRONG ADDRESS TO SHIP IT TO AND THEN TOLD ME THEY WOULD DO NOTHING $2700.00 GONE.PAYPAL PROTECTION IS A SCAM....

conniec72
6/5/17

I have used PayPal for awhile for my biz and found out they took PayPal cards out of stores I usually go to to add money to my card and now they only sell Prepaid PayPal which doesn't help me much.

balindam
6/3/17

I ordered some merchandise from a company online (Liligal) not realizing it was out of China, as that was never revealed until order was placed. I wish I had researched the company before ordering. This company changed names due to so many complaints. The merchandise arrived without any paperwork indicating how one could return the items if necessary. PayPal instructed me on what to do, but did not support or assist me when the company stated they did not receive the merchandise back. Of course they wouldn't acknowledge the return as they never planned to return my money in the first place, and had the support of PayPal. So many complaints about this Co. yet PayPal continues to do business with them, and refuses to assist consumers. Wish I could have given 0 stars, but only 1-5 available. SHAME ON PAYPAL!!

leeg59
6/3/17

Two days on the telephone with paypal and no resolution. Foreign speaking persons who do not know their elbows from a hole in the ground. Redundancy, stupidity, incompetence, the same questions and the same non answers over and over again. Five customer service reps and a supervisor and still no one can resolve what should be a simple issue. I agree EFF paypal, they are the absolute worst for customer service. This is a classic example of running you in circles to exhaust you and frustrate you so you will just go away without resolving the problem. Someone needs to sue these dumb asses out of existence.

jeanp113
5/31/17

Attempted to get help with an item that needed to be returned to vendor. Called several times and was finally told they could not help as I only had 20 days to dispute a purchase. I had called way before 20 days but they still would not assist. Last time I called I was on the phone for 40 minutes waiting for a representative. I am very disappointed in their customer service. Will not use their service anymore.

bernicet6
5/25/17

A few weeks ago l purchased computer software which did not work on my computer. l immediately removed it on the same day that l purchased it and requested a refund from the company. They completely ignored my emails and refund request. l filled a claim through the pay pal resolution center. l expected to EASILY WIN this claim. WRONG !! Pay pal claimed that l must have MORE EVIDENCE to win my case ! And that l needed a THIRD PARTY VERIFICATION ! This so-called proof that l needed to win my case was impossible because this software company ignored all of my calls and emails. ln the past, when l filed claims with pay pal, l EASILY WON with absolutely no problems. Now suddenly l need A LOT MORE PROOF to win my case ? what happened to pay pal's BUYER PROTECTION ? ls this just becoming B.S. ?? What am l paying my pay pal FEES for ? l had to handle this situation myself by contacting my bank and issuing a charge back claim which l won. lf pay pal pulls this crap again with any of my future complaints l will cancel my account with them. Right now, my opinion is YES pay pal is a scam !!

randallg15
5/20/17

I should be getting my money back after wrong product was sent but I am out $60 for return shipping. My credit card company would have done the same without the horrible customer service.

olympiam
5/14/17

I got a creat from them and was told too call to verify it was me they asked me questions about my ex and crap I diden't even know they said I failed their test questions and told me to email my ID and proof of address and said it would only take a few min. After they got my ID she told me to run my purchase through in a couple of hours by the end of that date was still not working so I called the next day and they told me it was going to be 24 hours not a few hours so I waited till the next day and then I called cuz it's still wasn't working and they told me I had to wait 72 hours and here it is 5 days later and it's still not working I'm done with this lying company

barbarab238
5/13/17

I bought something from one of those new cheap retailers that make everything too small, and then I found that sending it back to them costs an astronomical amount to return, so they offered me $3 to keep it, cause they knew I wouldn't want to spend $25 to return a $20 item.

You find all this out later. If you went thru PayPal and you hope to get your money back, don't open a dispute. Insist Modlily or whichever one you buy from, gives you your money back first. Send it back and pay the crazy postage to China, then, and only then, contact PayPal for return postage.

The area you have to go to is well hidden on PayPal, but if you find it, send them the tracking shipping information, and hopefully you get it back.

I was not so lucky. I opened a dispute. I paid for return postage thinking PP would give it back to me, Modlily coerced me into closing the dispute, now PP says I can't "re-open" a Claim! I'll be lucky to see a refund. PayPay won't honor their shipping refund. I'm screwed and it sure looks like PayPal is in on this stuff from the way everything is handled.

Don't rate Modlily at the end of their claim site either until you get ALL of your money back! . That automatically closes the claim you have against them! They sure know how to fleece the Americans and PayPal is right there to help them.

PayPal must be making a fortune by joining up with these China retailers, and that's okay, as long as they protect the people here in the US that help build their empire.

donaldr43
5/12/17

Stupid me visited a scam website and brought a product that most likely does not even exist. Smart me used Paypal to do the transaction.

After I have not received the item and no respond from the seller I opned a dispute on Paypal. What else can I say? Got my money back!

jyotin
5/11/17

Message center and resolution center are very hard to find. They don't appear in the main menu. There is no way to bookmark either page.
My account summary page is not customizable for my needs.
Contacting paypal is not easy until you got though a bunch of other modules to find the contact info.

asifk7
5/5/17

I am using a paypal account, and it is an outstanding and amazing company. I am using my paypal for shopping, paying my bills, etc. It is awesome.

johnl38
5/5/17

I have used PayPal hundreds of times to pay for things, and a couple dozen times to get paid for items I sold. It is convenient, and safer than using my debit card. Except for my Amazon Store Card, PayPal Credit is the only form of credit I use.

I do have complaints. It seems crazy how disjointed PayPal can be... just recently I was trying to make an extra payment from my bank into PayPal Credit to bring up my available credit to cover an eBay purchase I'd already committed to. First I was having trouble setting up the payment at all, but after about 12 hours the site was finally functioning and I got that done. But then the PayPal Credit page showed my payment as pending but the main PayPal summary did not show it at all. After another 12 hours it was pending on both pages. Another 12 hours and it was completed on the Credit page but still pending on the summary page and my available credit had not gone up on either. Meanwhile the eBay seller opens a non-payment case against me. Wow... in this age of light-speed electronic communication, how is this even possible? Maybe communication with my bank takes time, but how can the various elements within PayPal itself NOT all be updated simultaneously? It seems like you would have to go out of your way to build delays into the system to achieve this level of clunkiness.

Oh well, I finally got it paid and eBay closed the case against me without permanent injury.

tylerj30
4/24/17

I like the services offered by PayPal. Great services transforming global world.
The charges are small making it economical to be used.

katyd4
4/24/17

So rude. Period. Talks over you. Doesn't let you finish a sentence then when he let me ask my question he asked me why I would do that? Both times I've used this service I have to call in and both times were so rude. Be nice. It's simple. We all have jobs and we all deal with customers. Have respect or stay in your own country

lisac293
4/24/17

Paypal was never good and their customer support is just pathetic, they can hold your money for without any reason, please stay away from them if you are taking serious business payment online.

timh102
4/24/17

If you are considering to use Paypal, just do yourself a favor, find some other provider. Stay as far as you can from that crowd.

dianea42
4/21/17

i'm using pp for my home business and it's what it is. i never had any problems and horror stories but maybe it's because i don't use it as a consumer? but the resolution and security are all good. it's not automatically siding with a client in refund cases, and believe me it's a relief because there are all types of clients and they are not always right. when you buy a service from me and know what that service is beforehand you just cant change your mind all of a sudden. i run a home business and all the money i get counts. so thanks pp for looking into cases and letting me tell my side of the story.

maxl44
4/17/17

The Customer Service are bad as hell, they dont lisen to you.
On average they process everything very slowly. One of the big
turnings down for Ebay is the usage of Paypal.
After 10 years i was tired of Paypal. Just remove my account
and never ever will use this service again.
Worst. Not recommended

kylea29
4/14/17

Ultimately, customer service is the #1 priority, and PayPal just will continue to drop the ball on this. Eventually a giant like amazon will kick them out of the marketplace entirely. Can't wait for that day.

tomh214
4/12/17

They banned me for life for no reason whatsoever. When I call them, they tell me it's classified information. WTF??? I said, how am I suppose to receive money online and they said through another service provider. I cursed at the person and hung up. F paypal.

337 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Don't do it or be very cautious and major on top of it. Seems PayPal is getting worse and worse and im banning any business from China..to many scams PayPal backs up

By Tiffany H. on 2/20/17

By Sean S. on 8/23/15
Helpful answer

Hi Roxi C....I wish I could help you with your question about..PayPal working capital to a new start-up business?..I honestly have no idea..You can go to Paypal and ask them..good luck :-)

By Dianne B. on 6/13/10

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the PayPal staff and other customers.

6 Photos for PayPal